PDA

View Full Version : Noel Devine Signs his Letter of Intent

psupride1131
03-30-2007, 03:29 PM
He signed his lntent friday afternoon to West Virginia.

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/631282.html

Good stuff. Him and Slaton should be devastating in Rich Rodriquez's offense.

kwilk103
03-30-2007, 03:35 PM
cant wait for this season

imagine him, slaton, white lined up in the backfield at the same time

is this the fastest backfield in the country????

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
03-30-2007, 07:18 PM
Damn, had hopes he went to JUCO, and then changed his mind to FSU.

Komp
03-30-2007, 07:25 PM
Good for Noel! Glad to see the Big East get a good player as well. Hopefully he lives up to the hype and he finds WVU a less tumultuous place to be.

georgiafan
03-30-2007, 07:53 PM
I thought he was going to have to go to prep school

volman88
03-31-2007, 01:23 AM
National Champs to be, if not this year, then the next.

V. Young
03-31-2007, 01:47 AM
Yes! I am really happy he signed with them. They will win it all this year. Id put money on it.

Ward
03-31-2007, 06:59 AM
Anyone gonna clarify wether or not he'll actually be able to play for them?

Michigan
03-31-2007, 07:59 AM
Yes! I am really happy he signed with them. They will win it all this year. Id put money on it.

11 Words: Jackson, Griffin, Ellis, Moala, Rivers, Cushing, Maualuga, Ellison, Thomas, Thomas, Mays.

elway777
03-31-2007, 08:05 AM
11 Words: Jackson, Griffin, Ellis, Moala, Rivers, Cushing, Maualuga, Ellison, Thomas, Thomas, Mays.

Yup, throw in Josh Pinkard,Chris Gallipo,Kyle Moore as well. No one will be able to run on that D.

kwilk103
03-31-2007, 08:39 AM
didnt georgia say that as well???

they run the same offense as florida....so they're not gonna be able to use their base package that much

we use 3-4 wr sets, with slaton,white, and schmitt in the backfield...and when there is 8 in the box, we throw quick bubble screens....its hard to shut down our running game

elway777
03-31-2007, 11:32 AM
didnt georgia say that as well???

they run the same offense as florida....so they're not gonna be able to use their base package that much

we use 3-4 wr sets, with slaton,white, and schmitt in the backfield...and when there is 8 in the box, we throw quick bubble screens....its hard to shut down our running game

That 05 Georgia team was mediocre at best, so you can't compare them to this years SC team.Try playing a real schedule also, you had a hard enough time with the Big East last year.

Rutgers
03-31-2007, 05:38 PM
That 05 Georgia team was mediocre at best, so you can't compare them to this years SC team.Try playing a real schedule also, you had a hard enough time with the Big East last year.

oh the same big East that had three teams ranked in the top 12 at the end of the season. The same BE who has Louisville(2nd rated offense in the nation) and West virginia(5th rated offense in the nation) and Rutgers(4th overall defense in the nation) Went 5-0 in bowls beat the 2 ACC champs this year and the SEC champ last year , throttled The U (Louisville) and has hiesman candidates Steve Slaton, Brian Brohm, Pat White, and Ray Rice? That Big East? You may not believe The BE is the top conference in the nation or second or third......thats fine but all this BE bashing has to stop unless you were in a coma all year last year than you should know that the BE doesn't stink in fact the BE is very good.

draftguru151
03-31-2007, 06:15 PM
That still doesn't make WVU anywhere near USC. I know you were arguing his point, but SC is so much more talented than WVU on both sides of the ball.

Michigan
03-31-2007, 06:36 PM
oh the same big East that had three teams ranked in the top 12 at the end of the season. The same BE who has Louisville(2nd rated offense in the nation) and West virginia(5th rated offense in the nation) and Rutgers(4th overall defense in the nation) Went 5-0 in bowls beat the 2 ACC champs this year and the SEC champ last year , throttled The U (Louisville) and has hiesman candidates Steve Slaton, Brian Brohm, Pat White, and Ray Rice? That Big East? You may not believe The BE is the top conference in the nation or second or third......thats fine but all this BE bashing has to stop unless you were in a coma all year last year than you should know that the BE doesn't stink in fact the BE is very good.

The Big East s_ucks compared to the Big Ten or SEC, and is far worse than the Pac-10 or Big-12. Show me some talented guys in the trenches and then we can start talking. Without elite lines, teams like Louisville, WVA, and Rutgers will routinely get pushed around and dominated by teams that have them (which are the teams contending for national championships). You guys can have your pretty boys Slaton, White, and Rice. They won't mean much against physically superior teams like USC, OSU, Michigan, LSU, Texas, etc...

kwilk103
03-31-2007, 07:09 PM
you realize we run a physical spread offense???? we probably have the fastest offense in the nation.....you cant use your base defense against wvu, oh st did and look what happened when they played florida...i forgot usc lost to those powerhouses of oregeon st and ucla

Vikes99ej
03-31-2007, 07:29 PM
He won't finish his career there. I guarantee it. He'll be declared academically ineligible at least once.

benchod
03-31-2007, 09:02 PM
you realize we run a physical spread offense???? we probably have the fastest offense in the nation.....you cant use your base defense against wvu, oh st did and look what happened when they played florida...i forgot usc lost to those powerhouses of oregeon st and ucla

You can't still seriously argue that WVU is more talented than USC.

If you really believe that, you need to check yourself into the psych ward.

Tigers60
03-31-2007, 09:27 PM
WVU keeps bolstering there offense but they have virtually no defense now;
there gonna be fun to watch on offense but there defense leaves something to want.

TigerBait45
03-31-2007, 10:10 PM
West Virginia won't win anything until they piece together a defense.

Philliez01
03-31-2007, 10:42 PM
The Big East s_ucks compared to the Big Ten or SEC, and is far worse than the Pac-10 or Big-12. Show me some talented guys in the trenches and then we can start talking. Without elite lines, teams like Louisville, WVA, and Rutgers will routinely get pushed around and dominated by teams that have them (which are the teams contending for national championships). You guys can have your pretty boys Slaton, White, and Rice. They won't mean much against physically superior teams like USC, OSU, Michigan, LSU, Texas, etc...

I wouldn't call Rice a pretty boy, he is a pretty physical runner; but I can get what you are saying.

I'm a RU fan, thus a supporter of the Big East but there is no possible way that makes the Pac-10 (USC, USC, USC, California, UCLA and Washington who is up and coming) are truly worse than the Big East. The Big East has one "elite" team in Louisville and three teams that could reach top-15 status in WVU, RU and perhaps (PERHAPS) USF. Louisville has also lost two of their RBs and their Head Coach. WVU lacks a dominant defense, RU's aerial attack is in question and USF just needs to continue emerging. But none of them would be above bowl-eligible in the other conferences.

TigerBait45
03-31-2007, 11:09 PM
I honestly think that the Pac 10 could wind up being the second strongest conference (behind the SEC) next year.

USC is, of course, the favorite, but UCLA could easily win it, Cal can be a 9 win team, Oregon is still really, really talented, Washington State and Washington are both on the rise, and Oregon State looks like a Top 25 team at the very least.

heavyduty
03-31-2007, 11:15 PM
WVU has alot of very talented players this upcomming year that are alot of fun to watch but when it comes down to it they lack the depth that teams like Michigan, USC, and Texas have from years of great recruiting classes. USC's overall talent level is years ahead of WVU's.

Rutgers
03-31-2007, 11:23 PM

Rutgers has Elite lines on both sides of the ball. Our offense isn't explosive but the offensive Line is very talented. And our Defense is spectacular 4th overall in the nation.

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2006&div=4&rpt=IA_teamtotdef&site=org

I wouldn't call Rice a pretty boy, he is a pretty physical runner; but I can get what you are saying.

I'm a RU fan, thus a supporter of the Big East but there is no possible way that makes the Pac-10 (USC, USC, USC, California, UCLA and Washington who is up and coming) are truly worse than the Big East. The Big East has one "elite" team in Louisville and three teams that could reach top-15 status in WVU, RU and perhaps (PERHAPS) USF. Louisville has also lost two of their RBs and their Head Coach. WVU lacks a dominant defense, RU's aerial attack is in question and USF just needs to continue emerging. But none of them would be above bowl-eligible in the other conferences.

Comon I could understand(but not agree) if you say that RU or USF would not be above bowl eligible but WVU is def above bowl eligible in other conferences. They took out Georgia SEC champ last year. And the have so much talent on offense that it could make up for their lack of defense.

Philliez01
03-31-2007, 11:47 PM
Yes, two years ago they were a good team but the team is fairly one-dimensional to be honest. The WRs are used for more "blocking" purposes (but in their defense, they do get their PT) but it's mainly a rushing offense that has trouble keeping Mike Teel and Co. under 39 points (though they did have two OT scores). But to say they would beat a team like USC, Cal, UCLA and perhaps Washington / Oregon then it would be pretty hard for them to do it. They could earn it in theory as "on any given Sunday" but I just see the odds tilting in the Pac-10 teams.

Also, RU's main problem this year may very well be the interior line.

Losing Darnell Stapleton and Cameron Stephenson definitely hurts the team to a big degree. Ryan Blaszczyk is slated to be the new C and he has bounced around the OL / DL since being recruited as a OG. It could hurt Ray Rice and if you add the loss of Leonard; it could be a different team next season. Good thing that Britt and Brown are in their sophomore campaigns. . . .

TheChampIsHere
03-31-2007, 11:50 PM

yeah Big East deserves some credit after what they did last year. SEC is still obviously the best conference but the rest is up for debate as far as im concerned.

And yeah that WVU running game is downright nasty. Very hard to stop. Devine should be good there.

draftguru151
04-01-2007, 08:00 AM

Anyone that doesn't have their hand in the ground is a pretty boy.

Rutgers
04-01-2007, 12:17 PM

http://www.mcspoll.com/images/rice%20rutgers.jpg

Rice isn't a pretty boy then

Purple N Proud
04-01-2007, 02:52 PM

Amen to that. About time the guys up front get a little love. No prancing around in the backfield for the "big uglies".

MP123
04-01-2007, 03:28 PM
He signed his lntent friday afternoon to West Virginia.

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/631282.html

Good stuff. Him and Slaton should be devastating in Rich Rodriquez's offense.

Finally he signs.

Finlayson56
04-01-2007, 06:41 PM
the National Championship just fell in there lap

Primetime21
04-03-2007, 03:23 PM
I am so happy for Devine.
He will make quite a splash next to Slaton.(If Noel doesnt get hurt due to his lack of size)