PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Mock (No Tyler Bray!)

princefielder28
05-29-2012, 01:56 PM
1. Jacksonville Jaguars :: Logan Thomas : QB : Virginia Tech
2. Cleveland Browns :: Sam Montgomery : DE : Louisiana State
3. Miami Dolphins :: Robert Woods : WR : USC
4. Minnesota Vikings :: Star Lotulelei : DT : Utah
5. Oakland Raiders :: Matt Barkley : QB : USC
6. Indianapolis Colts :: Barkevious Mingo : OLB : Louisiana State
7. St. Louis Rams :: Barrett Jones : OL : Alabama
8. Tampa Bay Buccaneers : David Amerson : CB : North Carolina State
9. Arizona Cardinals :: Tyler Wilson : QB : Arkansas
10. Cincinnati Bengals :: Jarvis Jones : OLB : Georgia
11. Carolina Panthers :: Keenan Allen : WR : California
12. San Diego Chargers :: Jake Matthews : OT : Texas A&M
13. Tennessee Titans :: Xavier Rhodes : CB : Florida State
14. St. Louis Rams (f/ Washington Redskins) :: DJ Fluker : OT : Alabama
15. Seattle Seahawks :: Johnathan Hankins : DT : Ohio State
16. Buffalo Bills :: Geno Smith : QB : West Virginia
17. New York Giants :: Manti Teo : LB : Notre Dame
18. Denver Broncos :: Tony Jefferson : S : Oklahoma
19. Detroit Lions :: Marcus Lattimore : RB : South Carolina
20. Atlanta Falcons :: Bjourn Werner : DE : Florida State
21. Baltimore Ravens :: Ricky Wagner : OT : Wisconsin
22. New Orleans Saints :: Alex Okafor : DE : Texas
23. Kansas City Chiefs :: Landry Jones : QB : Oklahoma
24. Chicago Bears :: Johnthan Banks : CB : Mississippi State
25. Dallas Cowboys :: Sean Porter : OLB : Texas A&M
26. New York Jets :: Michael Buchanan : OLB : Illinois
27. Pittsburgh Steelers :: Joseph Randle : RB : Oklahoma State
28. Green Bay Packers :: Eric Reid : S : Louisiana State
29. San Francisco 49ers :: Tyrann Mathieu : CB : Louisiana State
30. Houston Texans :: Chris Faulk : OT : Louisiana State
31. Philadelphia Eagles :: Tyler Eifert : TE : Notre Dame
32. New England Patriots :: Khaled Holmes : C : USC

T-RICH49
05-29-2012, 02:41 PM
great you give us a QB...just the crappiest one available

rodgers 4 mvp
05-29-2012, 03:31 PM
Awesome Packer pick, but more than likeley he will be gone by then.

K Train
05-30-2012, 08:25 AM
Randle is a bad steeler pick, id prefer mcdonald

ArkyRamsFan
05-30-2012, 12:01 PM
princefielder,

I understand that the Rams OL is questionable to say the least, but TWO OTs in the first round?

This would be off the charts especially considering the fact that Jeff Fisher has NEVER taken even one OL in the first round in his 16 years in the league, let alone two.

Methinks the snowball's chance in hell analogy applies here.....:banana:

CJSchneider
05-30-2012, 01:42 PM
I like the Saints selection. Although from what I have heard it may be unnecessary. Spags has had Martez Wilson working at DE in OTA/mini's and if Romeus bounces back, we would have a great rotation at DE.

Matthew Jones
05-30-2012, 02:17 PM
The Patriots seem happy with Dan Connolly as their starting quarterback and just gave him a three-year contract worth over $9 million, so I think they'll probably go in another direction in the draft.

RCAChainGang
05-30-2012, 03:07 PM
Give me Amerson!!!

OSUGiants17
05-30-2012, 07:27 PM
Don't mind Te'o, but he the FO will go DE or OT over LB. Give us Okafor or Wagner there. Also, since there are no other legit ILBs, Te'o will go top 15

saintsfan912
05-30-2012, 07:41 PM
Eric Reid over Okafor please sir.

Vaylor
05-30-2012, 08:00 PM
The Patriots seem happy with Dan Connolly as their starting quarterback and just gave him a three-year contract worth over $9 million, so I think they'll probably go in another direction in the draft.

Man that is one hell of a brain-fart.

vidae
05-30-2012, 08:00 PM
Ugh give the Chiefs Bray over Landry Jones 100 times out of 100.

TACKLE
05-30-2012, 08:12 PM
Ugh give the Chiefs Bray over Landry Jones 100 times out of 100.

Sir, I think the idea is that Bray goes back for his senior year but I'm not sure.

vidae
05-30-2012, 08:48 PM
Sir, I think the idea is that Bray goes back for his senior year but I'm not sure.

Ah ha. It wasn't specified. I took it to mean he wasn't in the first round, but fair enough!

princefielder28
05-31-2012, 07:50 AM

yeah he'd be going back to school

Knicks and Bucs
05-31-2012, 11:44 AM
Give the bucs Tyler Wilson. David Amerson is overrated IMO. If the bucs finish top ten again then it will be because of Freeman.

prock
05-31-2012, 05:25 PM
I would love for the Vikings to get a stud #1 wide out in the first round, but Star is gonna be a monster. Dig it.

Mufasa
05-31-2012, 09:17 PM

yeah he'd be going back to school

Well the exclamation point is very misleading.

He goes back to school: boring, no exclamation point needed
He falls out of the first round: okay, that's interesting, exclaim it!

FootballGod
06-01-2012, 07:07 AM
The Bengals picking 10th?!?

Poz51
06-01-2012, 10:09 AM
16. Buffalo Bills :: Geno Smith : QB : West Virginia
18. Denver Broncos :: Tony Jefferson : S : Oklahoma
22. New Orleans Saints :: Alex Okafor : DE : Texas
23. Kansas City Chiefs :: Landry Jones : QB : Oklahoma
28. Green Bay Packers :: Eric Reid : S : Louisiana State

I dont see Smith going in the first round, in particular to Buffalo, I would think L. Jones or E.J. Manual make more sense as both are better athletes, with stronger arms who IMO are more capable of making NFL throws. I also dont like that he does not appear to me to read defenses well, or find secondary targets, and has a hard time understanding the nuances of passing from what I have seen (LSU, Syracuse, USF and Clemson games).
I could see the Bills going QB in the first round, just not Smith. IMO the could also go DE with Anderson being on a short term deal, Kelsey turning 34 (after the 2013 draft) and being overpaid (for years now). G. Wilson is getting long in the tooth at SS, so I could see them possibly going S in the first round, and WR will likely be an option where guys like M. Wilson and J. Hunter would fit as well.

FUNBUNCHER
06-03-2012, 06:49 AM
Don't poormouth Geno Smith too much. He sprays the ball all over the field and had the best game of any QB against LSU the last two years. He has good, NFL caliber arm strength, and is more athletic than most pocket passers which is what he is.

Granted it's hard to evaluate Geno because of the air raid offense they play at WVU, but you still see a guy who makes a ton a plays throwing the football.
I see Smith potentially having a RGIII like rise prior to the draft to end up being picked somewhere in the middle of the 1st round.
The Clemson bowl game slaughter wasn't a fluke.

If Geno improves between his junior and senior year the way he did between his sophomore and junior seasons, Geno Smith is going to go higher than anyone is predicting this summer.

How did the U not offer this kid a scholarship??? Randy SHannon might still have a HC job.

wicket
06-03-2012, 02:20 PM
this

I like the Saints selection. Although from what I have heard it may be unnecessary. Spags has had Martez Wilson working at DE in OTA/mini's and if Romeus bounces back, we would have a great rotation at DE.

makes me agree with

Eric Reid over Okafor please sir.

tjsunstein
06-06-2012, 10:26 AM
Eric Reid is perfect. I still have a sad about Nick Collins though.

Poz51
06-06-2012, 12:13 PM
Don't poormouth Geno Smith too much. He sprays the ball all over the field and had the best game of any QB against LSU the last two years. He has good, NFL caliber arm strength, and is more athletic than most pocket passers which is what he is.

Granted it's hard to evaluate Geno because of the air raid offense they play at WVU, but you still see a guy who makes a ton a plays throwing the football.
I see Smith potentially having a RGIII like rise prior to the draft to end up being picked somewhere in the middle of the 1st round.
The Clemson bowl game slaughter wasn't a fluke.

If Geno improves between his junior and senior year the way he did between his sophomore and junior seasons, Geno Smith is going to go higher than anyone is predicting this summer.

How did the U not offer this kid a scholarship??? Randy SHannon might still have a HC job.

Despite throwing the ball against LSU more than anyone in recent memory (throwing the ball 65 times against anyone is going to net you 400+ yards), I would say that Mallatt, Newton and Gates all had better games against LSU in the last two years, but we can debate that another time.
I do agree that has good arm strength, and is an athletic pocket passer.
The system for me is the hard evaluation, he does appear to make plays throwing the ball, but so did every other QB who has played for Holgorsen, it is a very friendly QB system IMO. I do like that it is more of a spread system with vertical components than short crossing the defense to death.He could very well end up in the first round, I cant see why not, especially if he develops like you mention that he has previously. My goal was not to poormouth him too much, but rather state that IMO there are better fits for Gailey's system in regards to Buffalo.
I thought that Clemson game was more a perfect storm for Smith and W. Virginia, the fumble on the goal line returned 99 yards for a TD, Boyd's poor timing picks, and Clemson's defense giving up when the momentum went towards WVU. Smith did execute very well, but Clemson's defense was not exactly stout down the stretch last year. Nothing went right for Clemson after the 1st quarter. What has gone right for the U. lately?