PDA

View Full Version : Batman Beyond Game Sign-Up

BeerBaron
05-30-2012, 12:33 PM
Backstory:

oq6wRnt5bS0
http://i.imgur.com/WLAX8.jpg

The year is 2020. Batman has spent decades defending Gotham from heinous criminals and super villains alike. On a fairly routine rescue mission, Batman (really billionaire Bruce Wayne,) suffers a heart attack in the middle of his battle with the kidnappers. Weakened and unable to fight, he resorts to using one of the kidnapper's guns to defend himself. Feeling disgraced at having to use a gun and waylayed by health problems, Batman is forced into retirement...

Fast forward 20 years and the city has fallen back into a state of chaos.

Gang activity is through the roof and the Gotham PD, lead by new commissioner Barbara Gordon, is unable to keep the peace.

Enter young Terry McGinnis, a typical 17 year old, slacker high school student with a history of petty crimes. Terry saves a train commuter from an attack by the infamous "Jokerz" gang and flees with the gang giving chase. Terry flees to the outskirts of town, near the decrepit Wayne Manor where he is rescued by none other than Bruce Wayne himself. Wayne easily defeats the gang but aggravates his heart condition in the process. Terry aids him inside to retrieve his medication. It is there that Terry discovers the Bat Cave and the fact that Bruce was once the mighty hero.

Terry returns home to find that the Jokerz have killed his father, Warren, in retribution. Terry returns to Wayne Manor and steals a prototype bat suit with all sorts of new technology. Terry gets his retribution and Bruce, knowing that the city is again in need of a savior, reluctantly agrees to allow Terry to take up the mantle of Batman.

As this new Batman begins to stem the tide of crime in Gotham, the villains grow more powerful and numerous.

As last ditch effort to defeat the new Batman, several of the villains have united in an attempt to take him down...

I need at least 20 people to play, though I can expand up to 23. (There just aren't enough prominent characters to go higher without upsetting the balance.)

I plan to begin whenever the Wire game finishes up. I know that some of the bigger name players may take a break after the Wire game, so if you're new to Mafia games and looking to get your feet wet, this is a good chance.

I'll keep a list of those that wish to play here, so let me know if I miss you. If we fill up but you still want to play, say so and I'll add you on as a backup in case someone drops out or has to be replaced.

Cain
Gonzo
JR
Jensen
Cigaro
Rob
jvig
ncstate
killswitch
TH
Forenci
SuperMcGee
UKFan
CMD
Brodeur
Shane
Broth
bantx
caddy
vidae
todd
CJ
FlyingElvis

Wootylicous
05-30-2012, 12:34 PM
In like a fish in the sea!

Dr. Gonzo
05-30-2012, 12:35 PM
I am in sir

jrdrylie
05-30-2012, 12:36 PM
Put me on the list BB. I wanna play.

Jensen
05-30-2012, 12:47 PM
I'll play.

Cigaro
05-30-2012, 12:50 PM
Let me get a piece of this.

Oh yeah, now I remember what Batman Beyond is. I saw you post numerous times the name Batman Beyond, and I knew I had heard it before, but I couldn't remember where. Now I remember actually watching this.

Rob S
05-30-2012, 01:01 PM
Hmmmm.....I start work June 11th. This may be ultra tough.

Jvig43
05-30-2012, 01:02 PM
Anything batman works for me.

BeerBaron
05-30-2012, 01:03 PM
Hmmmm.....I start work June 11th. This may be ultra tough.

I don't know how much longer the Wire game will last, but this one should definitely be done by the 11th as long as we get started later this week or weekend.

Are you going to be around more this time? Things worked out last time since you didn't have a night action, but if we end up waiting on you a lot, I'll replace you.

jrdrylie
05-30-2012, 01:03 PM

Even this?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a2/Batman_%26_robin_poster.jpg/220px-Batman_%26_robin_poster.jpg

BeerBaron
05-30-2012, 01:05 PM
Even this?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a2/Batman_%26_robin_poster.jpg/220px-Batman_%26_robin_poster.jpg

Haha, make that the worst Mafia game ever to fit with the theme.

Speaking of terrible game ideas, I briefly pondered doing a Mass Effect game which is truly epic but towards the very end, I just post a whole bunch of insane madness that doesn't make any god damn sense and pisses everyone off and I don't say who actually wins. It would fit with the theme of course. ;)

ncst8fan83
05-30-2012, 01:07 PM
I'd love to be included. And if I'm evil, every night action will be sent in a Mark Hamill voice.

Rob S
05-30-2012, 01:10 PM
I don't know how much longer the Wire game will last, but this one should definitely be done by the 11th as long as we get started later this week or weekend.

Alright, I'll give it a try. I won't be as active as usual though.....I'm going to be spending a ton of time getting my new apt set up/filling out forms/visiting doctors to get my last round of medications on my parents' insurance.

killxswitch
05-30-2012, 01:14 PM
I have no idea how these games work. But I want to try it out. So as long as someone will hold my hand and talk to me like I'm four, I'm in.

BeerBaron
05-30-2012, 01:17 PM
I have no idea how these games work. But I want to try it out. So as long as someone will hold my hand and talk to me like I'm four, I'm in.

It looks daunting at first but it's pretty easy to pick up as you go. One of the best things to do is read through a previous game. Try to skip the first post so you don't know who is who and then just page through it. The Zombie Game I just did might be a good one, though I did a few unorthodox things.

If you Google "Mafia Game Wiki," you can read about some of the basic game mechanics. Google "Mafia Game Roles" to read a bit about the most common roles. (I'm always experimenting with new ones and twists on old ones, so always be ready for anything.)

TitanHope
05-30-2012, 01:58 PM
I'd like to play.

Horses eat hay.

Forenci
05-30-2012, 02:01 PM
IN LIKE...I don't know but I'm in.

SuperMcGee
05-30-2012, 02:51 PM
I'd like to play.

Horses eat hay.

If I can verify this horse claim in time, I will also be in.

UKfan
05-30-2012, 02:52 PM
Me please! :)

GallopingGhost
05-30-2012, 02:52 PM
Mememmeeemememe

CashmoneyDrew
05-30-2012, 02:59 PM
In there like swimwear.

Brodeur
05-30-2012, 03:00 PM
Is Return of the Joker factored in here?

BeerBaron
05-30-2012, 03:09 PM
Is Return of the Joker factored in here?

I gave it consideration but decided not to include it. If interest remains high once the 23 spots I have now are full, I may consider including it to expand the numbers. We'll see.

Brodeur
05-30-2012, 03:11 PM
I gave it consideration but decided not to include it. If interest remains high once the 23 spots I have now are full, I may consider including it to expand the numbers. We'll see.

You asshole. And fineee, I'll be in.

Forenci
05-30-2012, 03:15 PM
Batman better be awesome!

BeerBaron
05-30-2012, 03:18 PM
Batman better be awesome!

Is Batman capable of being anything else?

ncst8fan83
05-30-2012, 03:48 PM
Is Batman capable of being anything else?

The nipplesuit says yes

Shane P. Hallam
05-30-2012, 05:16 PM
I'm in....

Brothgar
05-30-2012, 05:24 PM
Damn you Mafia addiction!!! I'm in.

bantx
05-30-2012, 05:37 PM
pick me me

Caddy
05-30-2012, 05:37 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvfzzyIjXZ1r38y6m.png

vidae
05-30-2012, 06:27 PM
I suppose I'm in.

BeerBaron
05-30-2012, 06:43 PM
That takes us to 21. Two slots open, backup positions offered...if there is a lot of interest beyond 23, I'll attempt an expansion.

Brodeur
05-30-2012, 06:44 PM
That takes us to 21. Two slots open, backup positions offered...if there is a lot of interest beyond 23, I'll attempt an expansion.

http://shutupandwatchthemovie.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/return-of-the-joker.jpg

Todd Bertuzzi
05-30-2012, 06:48 PM
I'll play if there's still room.

BeerBaron
05-30-2012, 09:33 PM
One more then.

CJSchneider
05-30-2012, 09:53 PM
I'm in. Sorry for not jumping in earlier.

BeerBaron
05-30-2012, 10:23 PM
That fills us up. If you are still interested, let me know. I'll add you as a backup or I could potentially expand if enough additional people are interested.

killxswitch
05-31-2012, 08:05 AM
I have a question. I am reading through the Zombie thread and BB you posted a rumor about a vaccine in "Pro Football Valley" with instructions that the first person to PM you a link to the post "with the vaccine in it" would be able to keep it.

1 - Can you link that post so I have an idea of what to look for if other "rumors" happen in the new game?
2 - Is the vaccine trustworthy or is that knowable? Part of the plot?

BeerBaron
05-31-2012, 08:09 AM
I have a question. I am reading through the Zombie thread and BB you posted a rumor about a vaccine in "Pro Football Valley" with instructions that the first person to PM you a link to the post "with the vaccine in it" would be able to keep it.

1 - Can you link that post so I have an idea of what to look for if other "rumors" happen in the new game?
2 - Is the vaccine trustworthy or is that knowable? Part of the plot?

It was hidden here:
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50582

Under the spoiler. "Pro Football Valley" was just the Pro Football section of the board. In the backstory, I mentioned how the ERO developed a highly prized vaccine for the infection and a sample was lost.

It was a legitimate vaccine that would have made you immune to the infection. Things like that are definitely atypical of basic mafia games...it was just something I threw in for some added fun. ("Flavor" as it's called in these games.)

That's why I always say to be ready for anything in games I run.

killxswitch
05-31-2012, 08:21 AM
Bah. Hiding clues in youtube videos sucks, I can't see them at work. Still working my way through the Zombie thread. SP is not a popular guy.

ImBrotherCain
05-31-2012, 08:22 AM
Seeing as I missed sign ups I will fill in as an alt if needed.

BeerBaron
05-31-2012, 08:27 AM
Bah. Hiding clues in youtube videos sucks, I can't see them at work. Still working my way through the Zombie thread. SP is not a popular guy.

It was below the videos. I'll keep that in mind if I ever do it again though...don't use a youtube video for anything important.

Seeing as I missed sign ups I will fill in as an alt if needed.

You'll be the first alternate.

jrdrylie
05-31-2012, 08:34 AM

No he is not. SP talks... a lot! And some people don't like that. But he catches way too much **** in these games. He isn't that bad of a player. I like it when he is on my side. It makes it a lot or fun. Especially in the Zombie game where I was the gifter and gave him something to enhance his powers every night.

killxswitch
05-31-2012, 08:38 AM
Gifter? I have no idea what that even means.

jrdrylie
05-31-2012, 08:41 AM
Gifter? I have no idea what that even means.

BB gave me six objects at the beginning. There of which he told me what they do. Three others I had no idea what they do. Each night, I could give one of those items to another player. For example, he gave me an energy drink which allowed to receiver to use their night action twice. So in SP's case, he was the investigator. The energy drink allowed him to investigate two people that night.

Wootylicous
05-31-2012, 08:43 AM
BB I can help you run the Batman game. I will give my place to Cain.

killxswitch
05-31-2012, 08:44 AM
How do duels work?

Grizzlegom
It was hidden here:
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50582

Under the spoiler. "Pro Football Valley" was just the Pro Football section of the board. In the backstory, I mentioned how the ERO developed a highly prized vaccine for the infection and a sample was lost.

It was a legitimate vaccine that would have made you immune to the infection. Things like that are definitely atypical of basic mafia games...it was just something I threw in for some added fun. ("Flavor" as it's called in these games.)

That's why I always say to be ready for anything in games I run.

That vaccine was definitely put to good use, just like that Pineapple, right BB? haha

BeerBaron
BB I can help you run the Batman game. I will give my place to Cain.

If you really want to, you can help out. I have pretty much all of the preliminary work done, so you'll just be helping to monitor the game.

Are you certain this is what you want to do?

BeerBaron
05-31-2012, 08:46 AM
How do duels work?

That was something they were just BSing with. There's no such thing, but guys like ATL just wanted some of the less popular players to argue for fun.

That vaccine was definitely put to good use, just like that Pineapple, right BB? haha

Indeed. I didn't want to die night 1 though, so I used it right away. We can all see from the Wire game how much I hate dieing that early.

You just smashed yours, lol.

Wootylicous
05-31-2012, 08:46 AM
If you really want to, you can help out. I have pretty much all of the preliminary work done, so you'll just be helping to monitor the game.

Are you certain this is what you want to do?

Yeah I'm ok with it! I will take care of the vote count and whatever you want me to do!

BeerBaron
05-31-2012, 08:58 AM
Yeah I'm ok with it! I will take care of the vote count and whatever you want me to do!

Alright then, you are now the Robin to my Batman. IBC can have your spot.

killxswitch
05-31-2012, 09:09 AM
What is a "mason"? What are the potential roles? The Mafia game wiki was a lot simpler than what I am reading in the zombie thread.

jrdrylie
05-31-2012, 09:09 AM
Alright then, you are now the Robin to my Batman. IBC can have your spot.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_aWNUoaQmjqo/SIlnk96UTrI/AAAAAAAACyA/9fv82sI0HzY/s400/batman5.jpg

BeerBaron
05-31-2012, 09:12 AM
What is a "mason"? What are the potential roles? The Mafia game wiki was a lot simpler than what I am reading in the zombie thread.

Masons are townies who can talk to eachother at night. The mafia gets to do that by default, but sometimes, small groups of townies can as well.

Masons can be on their own or coupled with other powers. For example, in Cain's Vampire game, Van Helsing could kill and recruit others to Mason with him.

SuperPacker
05-31-2012, 09:13 AM
No, SP is not a popular guy :(

jrdrylie
05-31-2012, 09:18 AM

I'm a fan.:wave:

SuperPacker
05-31-2012, 09:19 AM
I'm a fan.:wave:

Party at my house?

ImBrotherCain
05-31-2012, 09:29 AM

If you slow down, think, reason and act with some logic you wouldn't be attacked the way you are.

killxswitch
05-31-2012, 10:42 AM
From reading the Zombie thread it seems like a bunch of people just bitched at each other, picked the wrong people, some odd raider **** happened, and the zombies got an easy win. I am only partially through it though.

Rob S
05-31-2012, 10:48 AM
From reading the Zombie thread it seems like a bunch of people just bitched at each other, picked the wrong people, some odd raider **** happened, and the zombies got an easy win. I am only partially through it though.

Zombie game wasn't the best one to read necessarily.......Caddy's game was pretty good to learn. Psych would be good as well.

BeerBaron
05-31-2012, 10:55 AM

Yeah, I tried a lot of new stuff there. Like Rob said, there are some other more basic games out there that might be better for a beginner. Didn't really think about the extra stuff I did when I suggested that one. It was just the most recent one I ran and got down to the final 5 people before it was decided.

Hell of a fun time though.

ATLDirtyBirds
05-31-2012, 10:58 AM
How do duels work?

The onus is now on you to carry the duel in this game out sir. Do me proud.

killxswitch
05-31-2012, 11:05 AM

http://i.imgur.com/IoWvl.jpg

killxswitch
05-31-2012, 11:07 AM
Reading through the Psych one now since the Zombie thread ISN'T ACTUALLY a good one to learn from. So glad I read through 28 pages of that ********.

NCST8 seems massively hated for some reason. Is there going to be a problem in this game since he is playing?

Rob S
05-31-2012, 11:08 AM

I knew you were evil when you wouldn't shut up about the damn duel for like 3 days.

Cigaro
05-31-2012, 11:09 AM
Reading through the Psych one now since the Zombie thread ISN'T ACTUALLY a good one to learn from. So glad I read through 28 pages of that ********.

NCST8 seems massively hated for some reason. Is there going to be a problem in this game since he is playing?

ncst8 will forever be one of the players offered up on day one if no information appears. But he made it through two days in the current game, it appears people are willing to allow him to play. Also, I wasn't there for what actually occurred, but I believe ncst8 basically dicked over a fellow mafia member because he was getting lynched, which just ****** the game.

scottyboy
05-31-2012, 11:11 AM
you twats, i wanna do this so bad! save badass ones for when I get back!

BeerBaron
05-31-2012, 11:12 AM
you twats, i wanna do this so bad! save badass ones for when I get back!

No. This is what you get for leaving 'Merica.

BeerBaron
05-31-2012, 11:41 AM
Man, I have all the seasons of this show on my old laptop. I think I'm going to copy them over to my new one tonight and start rewatching them to prepare. It was such a good series.

ncst8fan83
05-31-2012, 11:46 AM
Man, I have all the seasons of this show on my old laptop. I think I'm going to copy them over to my new one tonight and start rewatching them to prepare. It was such a good series.

The original Batman The Animated Series from the early 90's is quite possibly the greatest animated series I've ever watched. I think it only lasted two seasons originally and morphed into other batman series over the next few years. Mark Hamill as the Joker is better than Ledger or Nickolson in my opinion. Darkwing Duck would be another great Mafia type game.

BeerBaron
05-31-2012, 11:50 AM
The original Batman The Animated Series from the early 90's is quite possibly the greatest animated series I've ever watched. I think it only lasted two seasons originally and morphed into other batman series over the next few years. Mark Hamill as the Joker is better than Ledger or Nickolson in my opinion. Darkwing Duck would be another great Mafia type game.

Beyond was made by the same people iirc and had so many awesome continuity references. The Bat Cave was basically stuffed full of references and artifacts from the original Batman's enemies. (They even used it a few times, like using Mr. Freeze's gun against Inque and Bruce using the Gray Ghost's mask to hide his identity.)

Plus, when they did the Joker Returns movie, guess who voiced the Joker?

Brothgar
05-31-2012, 12:07 PM

wZAhqEiq4cA

your argument is invalid.

BeerBaron
05-31-2012, 12:08 PM
That cartoon was very meh. They just kept reshowing the same two arcs over and over....got real annoying.

killxswitch
05-31-2012, 12:18 PM
I am understanding more and more but can someone explain what a "tailor" does?

Shane P. Hallam
05-31-2012, 12:19 PM

Tailor is someone who is mafia. They can target a member of their own team and make them appear good in investigations.

i.e:

I am a tailor.

I tailor killxswitch.

Caddy investigates killxswitch, results are: killxswitch is good

This happens due to the tailor.

BeerBaron
05-31-2012, 12:19 PM

A tailor is a mafia member who can "tailor" another mafia member that night, so if they are investigated by a cop, they'll show up as good instead of evil.

There's also a Framer, which is the opposite. They "frame" a townie so that if that townie is investigated, they'll show up as evil instead of good.

Somethings one person can do either/or at night. Usually they're still called a "tailor" but they can frame as well.

ncst8fan83
05-31-2012, 12:21 PM
wZAhqEiq4cA

your argument is invalid.

Gambit and Wolverine are two of my favorite comic characters ever, but Batman the Animated Series took animation, especially on Saturday mornings, to a new level. It was relatively violent, very well written, and compelling to watch on a weekly basis. Loved X-Men, but BTAS was AMAZING.

I haven't watched Batman Beyond, but I may download it and watch it at work over the weekend.

killxswitch
05-31-2012, 12:23 PM
I guess I'll see once the game starts but the deck seems kinda stacked against the "good" side.

Shane P. Hallam
05-31-2012, 12:24 PM
I guess I'll see once the game starts but the deck seems kinda stacked against the "good" side.

It is usually very difficult for the bad side to win actually.

jrdrylie
05-31-2012, 12:25 PM
Out of the numerous games that have been played, I think the bad side has only won three times.

bantx
05-31-2012, 12:29 PM
Is this starting soon with the wire game starting to get close to the end

Brothgar
05-31-2012, 12:30 PM
It is usually very difficult for the bad side to win actually.

The information revealed by the mafiosi voting patterns tells against them later in the game. One of the game's fans in the software industry, Max Ventilla, has found, "If the villagers are allowed to keep a pencil and paper, they always win."

Also for killxswitch http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_(party_game)

BeerBaron
05-31-2012, 12:30 PM
Here killswitch, these are some of the more common roles you'll see in games around here.

Cop/Seer/Investigator - Can investigate one person per night to learn if they are good or evil. Generally considered one of the most powerful town roles.

Protector/Doctor - Can protect one person at night. That person won't die if targeted to be killed.

Bodyguard - Weaker version of the Protector. Will die in place of the person they are protecting if that person is targeted.

Watcher - Can watch one person at night and learn who visits that person, but not the actions performed.

Tracker - Can follow one person at night and learn who they visit, but not the actions performed.

Mason - Townies who can talk to eachother at night. Sometimes they have other powers or sometimes this is their only power.

Vigilante - Town aligned person who can kill someone at night.

Jailkeeper - Can jail someone at night. That person will be protected but also roleblocked.

Roleblocker - Can stop someone from using their role at night.

Godfather - Mafia leader. Will show up as good in investigations and is often bulletproof, meaning he has to be lynched to be killed.

Role Cop - Can investigate one person to learn their role at night.

Shield - Mafia aligned person who can block incoming actions (investigations, kills) against mafia members. Usually x-shot so they can only use it so many times.

Miller - A townie that will show up as evil if investigated.

Serial Killer - 3rd party who is out to kill everyone. Difficult but fun role. Usually bulletproof too.

Lyncher - 3rd party who needs to get a certain person lynched in order to win.

Gifter - Can give gifts at night that bestow extra powers on the recipient. Sometimes the gifts are awesome, sometimes they backfire.

Survivor - 3rd party who wins if they survive the game.

Sensor - Gets told how many "Evil" players voted/had votes against them in the final vote count the previous day.

Lie Detector - Gets to send in a statement made by a player pertaining to the game. Will be told if it is true or false. Can be really overpowed so I've sworn to never use it again in one of my games.

Reviver - Can bring someone dead back to life. Pretty much always one-shot.

There are probably some others as well I'm forgetting, but that's a decent list.

BeerBaron
05-31-2012, 12:35 PM

Like Shane said, the reverse is true usually. It's actually really hard to create a truly balanced game, and in the instances I've seen where the mafia has won, it was usually due to some awful play by the town.

What seems to usually happen is that a bunch of townies will die, then they'll finally lynch a mafioso and start pulling the thread from there leading to their eventual win.

Is this starting soon with the wire game starting to get close to the end

As soon as the Wire game is over, I'll start this one. Don't want to steal any thunder from that finale.

As soon as that one is over, I'll send the PMs out and start up the game later that day.

Caddy
05-31-2012, 07:03 PM
Tailor is someone who is mafia. They can target a member of their own team and make them appear good in investigations.

i.e:

I am a tailor.

I tailor killxswitch.

Caddy investigates killxswitch, results are: killxswitch is good

This happens due to the tailor.

I'm not surprised that when you think of investigator, you think of me.

BeerBaron
05-31-2012, 09:12 PM
So I guess GG was officially banned. Who wants to take his place?

ATLDirtyBirds
05-31-2012, 09:16 PM
I knew you were evil when you wouldn't shut up about the damn duel for like 3 days.

I can't believe that was actually a reason... I brought up/tried to elicit a duel for like 3 games.

Brothgar
05-31-2012, 09:19 PM
I can't believe that was actually a reason... I brought up/tried to elicit a duel for like 3 games.

but it would die after day one or two. you really wanted a post flow to bury stuff.

ATLDirtyBirds
05-31-2012, 09:23 PM
but it would die after day one or two. you really wanted a post flow to bury stuff.

No, I really wanted a duel/deathmatch.

Raiderz4Life
05-31-2012, 09:30 PM
I'm still sorely dissapointed we never got it.

ATLDirtyBirds
05-31-2012, 09:36 PM
I'm still sorely dissapointed we never got it.

Ncstate went at it a bit. Clearly the winner. He's gained my respect back.

Raiderz4Life
05-31-2012, 09:39 PM
Ncstate went at it a bit. Clearly the winner. He's gained my respect back.

I was ready to start swinging with ngata but he didn't show up til way late and posted twice only lol

ATLDirtyBirds
05-31-2012, 09:42 PM
I was ready to start swinging with ngata but he didn't show up til way late and posted twice only lol

I'm going to dust off the old mitts and throw down one of these games. I HAVE THE HUNGER.

BeerBaron
05-31-2012, 09:45 PM
So does one of you want to dust off and throw down in this game?

BeerBaron
05-31-2012, 09:46 PM
Nevermind.

I'll take the spot.

vidae
05-31-2012, 09:47 PM
Shield - Mafia aligned person who can block incoming actions (investigations, kills) against mafia members. Usually x-shot so they can only use it so many times.

That is a really badass role. I wonder who came up with it. They're probs a mafia genius.

BeerBaron
05-31-2012, 09:48 PM
That is a really badass role. I wonder who came up with it. They're probs a mafia genius.

It's really good for balance purposes. Helps the mafia survive the first day or two at least without heavy suspicion.

vidae
05-31-2012, 09:52 PM
It's really good for balance purposes. Helps the mafia survive the first day or two at least without heavy suspicion.

I'm surprised you let people block kills with it in your last game. When I created it for my beta game I specifically made a point to not allow kills.

BeerBaron
05-31-2012, 09:57 PM
I'm surprised you let people block kills with it in your last game. When I created it for my beta game I specifically made a point to not allow kills.

The mafia there was intentionally small but powerful. I thought about it for a second but decided to include it.

Brothgar
05-31-2012, 09:58 PM

Admit it you got the idea from Final Fantasy 4 didn't you?

vidae
05-31-2012, 09:58 PM
Well I wasn't going to complain, seeing as how I got the role. :P

I've come up with a few other roles since then. I had three completely new roles in the beta game and I've made a few brand new ones since then as well, but I think they're mostly overpowered.. I can't tell until I see them in action.

scottyboy
06-02-2012, 03:46 PM
dammit BB, now I'm watching the entire series because of you

BeerBaron
06-02-2012, 03:47 PM
dammit BB, now I'm watching the entire series because of you

That is a good thing. You should be thanking me.