TitleTown088
06-29-2006, 12:12 PM
Who's better, personally i'll take wade, i think Lebron is overrated

slightlyaraiderfan
06-29-2006, 12:14 PM
Easy one for me, Kobe.

danman253
06-29-2006, 12:16 PM
LeBron is the superior player IMO, but as far as a team leader and perrforming in the clutch its wade. LeBron is a superior athlete and is clutch a can take over games, but wade plays suchh good team basketball, and at the same time can dominate.

Brodeur
06-29-2006, 12:19 PM
LeBron is the superior player IMO, but as far as a team leader and perrforming in the clutch its wade. LeBron is a superior athlete and is clutch a can take over games, but wade plays suchh good team basketball, and at the same time can dominate.

Wade plays great team basketball? What? In the 4th quarter he never even bothered to pass the ball most of the time in the finals. LeBron is the superior player and is the team leader of the Cavs. Although Kobe is better than both right now, LeBron will pass Kobe sooner than later.

cunningham06
06-29-2006, 12:21 PM

Performing in the clutch? Have you watched Lebron play? He has won countless games with buzzer beaters, and when the Cavs played the Heat during the regular season it was pretty much a showdown of Lebron and Dwayne, and guess who won it? Lebron did, the Cavs won. Dwayne looks so good because he is on a very good team, I'm not taking anything away from him he is the best player on his team, but he's just not as good as Lebron. He isn't the rebounder that Lebron is, and he doesn't throw down as many points consistently as Lebron does. Lebron needs some offensive firepower to help him out, Larry Hughes needs to stay healthy and have a good season. Lebron carries his team on his shoulders while the heat are "15 strong."

danman253
06-29-2006, 12:22 PM

Performing in the clutch? Have you watched Lebron play? He has won countless games with buzzer beaters, and when the Cavs played the Heat during the regular season it was pretty much a showdown of Lebron and Dwayne, and guess who won it? Lebron did, the Cavs won. Dwayne looks so good because he is on a very good team, I'm not taking anything away from him he is the best player on his team, but he's just not as good as Lebron. He isn't the rebounder that Lebron is, and he doesn't throw down as many points consistently as Lebron does. Lebron needs some offensive firepower to help him out, Larry Hughes needs to stay healthy and have a good season. Lebron carries his team on his shoulders while the heat are "15 strong."

Don't get me wrong, LeBron is extremely clutch. But after the way Wade played in the finals, Wade is more clutch. And thats why i said lebron is a better player, because he can rebound, score from the outside, do some things wade can't. Wade has the ability to take the game over, now so does Lebron, but Wade IMO is more clutch

danman253
06-29-2006, 12:26 PM

Wade plays great team basketball? What? In the 4th quarter he never even bothered to pass the ball most of the time in the finals. LeBron is the superior player and is the team leader of the Cavs. Although Kobe is better than both right now, LeBron will pass Kobe sooner than later.
a. did you even hear shaaq's quote, where he said he personifies team basketball. Watch something more than the finals, he dishes the ball quite a bit.

b. who would you liek him to pass to besides Shaq? Antoine Walker? so he can cry about fouls and shoot bricks? Udonis Haslem? The most inconsistent player in the NBA? White Chocolate? Who is worthless?

c. Its the finals, he wants to win, your best player should have the ball.

cunningham06
06-29-2006, 12:30 PM

Don't get me wrong, LeBron is extremely clutch. But after the way Wade played in the finals, Wade is more clutch. And thats why i said lebron is a better player, because he can rebound, score from the outside, do some things wade can't. Wade has the ability to take the game over, now so does Lebron, but Wade IMO is more clutch

As of right now Wade is proven as the most clutch in the NBA, we will truly see who is more clutch though if Lebron and the Cavs ever make it to the finals, unlikely but possible. Although it would be hard to improve on what Dwayne did.

Everyone who says Kobe is better than both of them has no idea what they are talking about. Playoffs Lakers got eliminated quickly because Kobe isn't a team player, and then suddenly tried to be. Kobe never passes the ball, which is why he gets so many points. He doesn't rebound as well as Lebron either. The Lakers supporting cast is probably better than Clevelands at least they can play some decent defense and are big.

Brodeur
06-29-2006, 12:33 PM

a. did you even hear shaaq's quote, where he said he personifies team basketball. Watch something more than the finals, he dishes the ball quite a bit.

b. who would you liek him to pass to besides Shaq? Antoine Walker? so he can cry about fouls and shoot bricks? Udonis Haslem? The most inconsistent player in the NBA? White Chocolate? Who is worthless?

c. Its the finals, he wants to win, your best player should have the ball.

It's Shaq's quote, I take it with a grain of salt. I saw dozens of heats games throughout the year, I was just picking that one series. There are times when Wade is very cold but keeps throwing up the ball anyway which isn't exactly team like. And I understand your best player wants the ball, but if you have a wide open man and are surronded by players you should pass the damn ball(LeBron does it).

draftguru151
06-29-2006, 12:40 PM
Didn't we just have this thread?

And danman, Haslem consistently makes mid range jumpers from the wing and is a very consistent rebounder. I would rather see him shoot than Walker.

And Brodeur, the only time Wade forces shots is when his team needs it. He always looks to pass throughout the game and that is mainly why he dominates in the 4th like he does. He doesn't pass as much in the 4th, but the rest of the game he does. He is constantly getting assists.

Brodeur
06-29-2006, 12:45 PM
And Brodeur, the only time Wade forces shots is when his team needs it. He always looks to pass throughout the game and that is mainly why he dominates in the 4th like he does. He doesn't pass as much in the 4th, but the rest of the game he does. He is constantly getting assists.

I'm aware he only forces shots in the 4th quarter, but it's not always necessarily doing it for the good of the team.

Moses
06-29-2006, 12:49 PM
Kobe is the best of the three right now, clearly. After that, I'd give Wade the edge right now. It's simply because he plays to his strengths more than LeBron does. Wade goes to the rim every chance he gets which is his forte where as LeBron often settles for bad shots. Once LeBron eliminates these bad shots from his game, I think he'll be the better player.

Vikes99ej
06-29-2006, 12:51 PM
Wade.

frogstomp
06-29-2006, 12:53 PM
Lebron is much better. If it had been Lebron's team in the Finals, Lebron would win 100-0. It's just because Wade was granted a better opportunity due to having the better team. Lebron is a stronger scorer, stronger rebounder, and in my opinion a better passer. Not even close.

ATLDirtyBirds
06-29-2006, 01:03 PM

Perfectly said. But I'm taking LeBron,l just for the fact that he is the superior player.

danman253
06-29-2006, 01:03 PM
Didn't we just have this thread?

And danman, Haslem consistently makes mid range jumpers from the wing and is a very consistent rebounder. I would rather see him shoot than Walker.

i would too, but that does not mean i want him shooting it in the first place.

draftguru151
06-29-2006, 01:04 PM

I'm aware he only forces shots in the 4th quarter, but it's not always necessarily doing it for the good of the team.

Then what is it for?

danman253
06-29-2006, 01:06 PM

He pretty much single-handidly won the finals for the heat with his 4th quarter shots.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
06-29-2006, 01:08 PM

As of right now Wade is proven as the most clutch in the NBA, we will truly see who is more clutch though if Lebron and the Cavs ever make it to the finals, unlikely but possible. Although it would be hard to improve on what Dwayne did.

Everyone who says Kobe is better than both of them has no idea what they are talking about. Playoffs Lakers got eliminated quickly because Kobe isn't a team player, and then suddenly tried to be. Kobe never passes the ball, which is why he gets so many points. He doesn't rebound as well as Lebron either. The Lakers supporting cast is probably better than Clevelands at least they can play some decent defense and are big.

Unlikely? They're mostly young, have soon to be the best player in the NBA(arguably already the best) and they aren't screwed in the draft or cap wise for years in the future. They'll MOST likely get there eventually. And for the question, let's break it down.

Scoring-LeBron
Rebounding-LeBron
Passing-LeBron
Court Vision-LeBron
Outside shot-LeBron, until Wade can prove he can hit it consistently
Midrange-Wade
Post gme-LeBron
Man to man defense-Wade, but LeBron has the potential to be better (he's bigger)
Playing the passing lanes/team defense-LeBron
Clutch-Push

So yeah, Wade is sooooo much better :roll:

Brodeur
06-29-2006, 01:08 PM

Then what is it for?

That came out really wrong. I meant to say that when he forces shots in the 4th quarter, it frequently hurts them more then it helps them.

TitleTown088
06-29-2006, 01:20 PM

by countless games do you mean like 2? IT took him sooo long to finally make a clutch shot. people compare LBJ to JOrdan it took jordan like 10 games to make a clutch buzzer beater while it took lebron some where around 100 games to make a signifigant one. lebron is not clutch except for in a few games fiannly this year where horrible D was played agianst him. And as for D wade being on a good team.. D wade pretty much won the championship by himself he tore it up.

frogstomp
06-29-2006, 01:23 PM

by countless games do you mean like 2? IT took him sooo long to finally make a clutch shot. people compare LBJ to JOrdan it took jordan like 10 games to make a clutch buzzer beater while it took lebron some where around 100 games to make a signifigant one. lebron is not clutch except for in a few games fiannly this year where horrible D was played agianst him. And as for D wade being on a good team.. D wade pretty much won the championship by himself he tore it up.

That's the biggest load of crap ever, and you know it. Switch D-Wade and Lebron, and Lebron gets to win.

portermvp84
06-29-2006, 01:26 PM
1. Kobe Bryant
2. Lebron James
3 Dwayne Wade

TitleTown088
06-29-2006, 01:40 PM

That's the biggest load of crap ever, and you know it. Switch D-Wade and Lebron, and Lebron gets to win.

How is it a load of crap? D wade was rediculous, Lebron is overrated Bolth Kobe and wade are better. Maybe they don't have as much talent or potental, but they still bolth perform better especially under pressure.

06-29-2006, 01:50 PM

How is it a load of crap? D wade was rediculous, Lebron is overrated Bolth Kobe and wade are better. Maybe they don't have as much talent or potental, but they still bolth perform better especially under pressure.

Are you joking? Clutch isn't all about buzzer beaters. Taking a FAR superior team to 7 games pretty much by yourself, that's clutch. Averaging 30/8/6 in your first playoff, clutch. Slmost making the third round despite having no other 12 ppg scorer in the playoffs? clutch. And 2 years ago, last game, if Cavs won and Nets lost, the Cavs were in the playoffs. Cavs won, LeBron had 35/14/14. Unfortunately the Nets won too, so they didn't make the playoffs. LeBron is just as clutch.

Moses
06-29-2006, 01:52 PM
LeBron takes more bad shots and doesn't use his talent as well as Wade. That's why I think Wade is a better winner right now.

jriles0522
06-29-2006, 01:57 PM
if anyone watched more cavs games than just the few on espn or tnt you know lebron is a freak of nature...how can you watch the playoffs and call him overrated. The pistons WHOLE TEAM was guarding him the entire series and he almost single handedly beat them. Can anyone truly believe that if Lebron was on the heat they would not have won the championship? Lebron is better no doubt. But Dwade is the second best player in the league no knock on him.

jriles0522
06-29-2006, 02:00 PM
LeBron takes more bad shots and doesn't use his talent as well as Wade. That's why I think Wade is a better winner right now.

First off the bad shots are warranted, but you can only pass to eric snow and watch him brick a 10 footer, or marshall jones or murray miss a wide open three before you just say alright **** it im gonna shoot. Id take lebron contested over half our guys doing the mikan drill anyday. As for not using his talent well, ur right he should get more than 31, 7, 6 and essentially take a one man team to a game 7 against detroit, at age 21 a :roll:

frogstomp
06-29-2006, 02:10 PM

Wade played well, but he didn't win it by himself. Come on, if you don't think that the heat would be a better team if they had Lebron instead of D-Wade, and the Cavs would be a worse team if they had D-Wade instead of Lebron... you're plain crazy.

draftguru151
06-29-2006, 02:14 PM

Wade played well, but he didn't win it by himself. Come on, if you don't think that the heat would be a better team if they had Lebron instead of D-Wade, and the Cavs would be a worse team if they had D-Wade instead of Lebron... you're plain crazy.

The Heat would be a werse team with LeBron, but the Cavs may be werse team with Wade.

P-L
06-29-2006, 02:16 PM
Kobe and Wade are the better pure scorers, but LeBron is the overall better player. I know most people only care about points, and that's why Wade and Kobe are getting so many votes. But if I had to take one all around player it would be LeBron in a heart beat.

frogstomp
06-29-2006, 02:16 PM

The Heat would be a werse team with LeBron, but the Cavs may be werse team with Wade.

...worse? And I disagree, but there's no way to prove either one of us right or wrong anyways.

frogstomp
06-29-2006, 02:18 PM
Kobe and Wade are the better pure scorers, but LeBron is the overall better player. I know most people only care about points, and that's why Wade and Kobe are getting so many votes. But if I had to take one all around player it would be LeBron in a heart beat.

Honestly, I think Lebron is just as good as Wade at scoring, but neither of them can touch Kobe.

Moses
06-29-2006, 02:20 PM

First off the bad shots are warranted, but you can only pass to eric snow and watch him brick a 10 footer, or marshall jones or murray miss a wide open three before you just say alright *********** it im gonna shoot. Id take lebron contested over half our guys doing the mikan drill anyday. As for not using his talent well, ur right he should get more than 31, 7, 6 and essentially take a one man team to a game 7 against detroit, at age 21 a :roll:

Wade plays to his strengths more than LeBron does. This year LeBron become a chucker of sorts. He takes too many bad shots and doesn't go to the rim like he should. LeBron is at his best when he's driving to the cup and getting fouled or dishing it to an open teammate. When he starts to try to play off isolation plays and take long shots over guys, he's not nearly as effective. He's definitely the better overall player, but Wade uses his talent better because he goes to the rim more consistently.

Moses
06-29-2006, 02:21 PM

Honestly, I think Lebron is just as good as Wade at scoring, but neither of them can touch Kobe.

Kobe is easily the best scorer. Both LeBron and Wade need a lot of work on their shot before they can rival Kobe.

Kobe is also the best defender of the three.

P-L
06-29-2006, 02:25 PM
I'm not sure on the defender part. I think it is pretty close between LeBron and Kobe. Actually, I might still give the edge to Kobe but LeBron really stepped up his defense at the end of the year.

draftguru151
06-29-2006, 02:35 PM

First off the bad shots are warranted, but you can only pass to eric snow and watch him brick a 10 footer, or marshall jones or murray miss a wide open three before you just say alright *********** it im gonna shoot. Id take lebron contested over half our guys doing the mikan drill anyday. As for not using his talent well, ur right he should get more than 31, 7, 6 and essentially take a one man team to a game 7 against detroit, at age 21 a :roll:

Wade plays to his strengths more than LeBron does. This year LeBron become a chucker of sorts. He takes too many bad shots and doesn't go to the rim like he should. LeBron is at his best when he's driving to the cup and getting fouled or dishing it to an open teammate. When he starts to try to play off isolation plays and take long shots over guys, he's not nearly as effective. He's definitely the better overall player, but Wade uses his talent better because he goes to the rim more consistently.

LeBron can drive to the rim on anyone at anytime. He doesn't do that in the 4th quarter, he tries to shoot jump shots.

Moses
06-29-2006, 02:35 PM
I'm not sure on the defender part. I think it is pretty close between LeBron and Kobe. Actually, I might still give the edge to Kobe but LeBron really stepped up his defense at the end of the year.

Kobe is one of the best perimeter defenders in the league. LeBron is average. He has the physical tools but he takes too many risks going for steals.

Finsfan79
06-29-2006, 02:39 PM
Clutch = Wade, kobe, lebron
Driving = Wade, lebron, kobe
10-15 jumper = Wade, kobe, lebron
3pter = Kobe, Wade, Lebron
On ball defense = Kobe, Wade, Lebron
Off ball defense = Wade, Kobe, Lebron
Passing = Lebron, Wade, Kobe

Kobe is the best overall player for what he has accomplished.

Wade is the best current player for his potential to grow and what he just did.

Lebron has the potential to be better then both of them.

For a team to win right now, wade just proved he is the best. Lebron could end up just as good if not better.

Oh and Wade is far better a defender then lebron, on the ball and off. He is top 5 in steals and blocks (1st 2 years in a row). He has been clutch in the past 3 years in the Playoffs not just 1. He did it as a rookie as well and his second year too, and now this year also.

Moses
06-29-2006, 02:42 PM

How does Wade have a better 10-15 foot jumper than Kobe? That is just ridiculous. Also, Kobe would definitely be described as more clutch than Wade.

slightlyaraiderfan
06-29-2006, 02:46 PM

How does Wade have a better 10-15 foot jumper than Kobe? That is just ridiculous. Also, Kobe would definitely be described as more clutch than Wade.
Yeah, that's one of Kobe's best weapons...it's either a little pull up jumper or a turn around jump shot, which he drains consistently.

keylime_5
06-29-2006, 03:04 PM
LeBron is the best no question. He is the youngest, has done the most with the least, and has the best stats too. He averaged 30-7-7 when he's 21 and almost made it to the EC Finals with no one to help him out. Give LeBron a player like Shaq and the Cavs' set the record for wins in a season and run the table in the playoffs.

LeBron is like Magic, but he's better at 21 than Magic ever was.

Moses
06-29-2006, 03:09 PM
LeBron is the best no question. He is the youngest, has done the most with the least, and has the best stats too. He averaged 30-7-7 when he's 21 and almost made it to the EC Finals with no one to help him out. Give LeBron a player like Shaq and the Cavs' set the record for wins in a season and run the table in the playoffs.

LeBron is like Magic, but he's better at 21 than Magic ever was.

:shock:

You do realize you're saying that LeBron James is the best player in NBA history, at the age of 21 years old.

frogstomp
06-29-2006, 03:20 PM

Kobe is easily the best scorer. Both LeBron and Wade need a lot of work on their shot before they can rival Kobe.

Kobe is also the best defender of the three.

That's what I said... :? Unless you were just restating what I said on purpose.

TitleTown088
06-29-2006, 03:48 PM

Are you joking? Clutch isn't all about buzzer beaters. Taking a FAR superior team to 7 games pretty much by yourself, that's clutch. Averaging 30/8/6 in your first playoff, clutch. Slmost making the third round despite having no other 12 ppg scorer in the playoffs? clutch. And 2 years ago, last game, if Cavs won and Nets lost, the Cavs were in the playoffs. Cavs won, LeBron had 35/14/14. Unfortunately the Nets won too, so they didn't make the playoffs. LeBron is just as clutch.

Wade not only tookDetriot who was a more superior team than everyone and beat em.

Draft King
06-29-2006, 03:51 PM
IMO Lebron is the better player, but Wade has to better team, Lebron is just more of a better overall player, who actually passes once and a while, yet still finds a way to put a ton of points on the opponents.

Nelo Ice
06-29-2006, 04:02 PM
kobes still the best
he does everything extremely well
and dont forgot he was the only player this year to be on the all nba 1st team and defensive team

steelersfan43
06-29-2006, 05:15 PM
lebron is the best

Shiver
06-29-2006, 05:24 PM
Players that have averaged 30-7-7 in a season

Oscar Robertson
Jerry West
Michael Jordan
LeBron James At age 21

06-29-2006, 06:04 PM

Wade not only tookDetriot who was a more superior team than everyone and beat em.

The Heat are way better than the Cavs. Take Wade away from Miami, they aren't awful, take LBJ from the Cavs, and HELLLOOOO first overall pick. I don't mean to take anything away from Wade, he's an amazing player, but I just think LeBron is on another level. He took that series to seven on his own, where Wade's teammates were playing pretty well.

TitleTown088
06-29-2006, 06:09 PM

Oscar Robertson
Jerry West
Michael Jordan
LeBron James At age 21

The NBA is a little different now considering they used to play Defense back when all those players were in the league. All of those guys played when the NBA was much better.

draftguru151
06-29-2006, 08:06 PM
You guys like there is no one else on the Cavs. Big Z, Gooden, Marshall, Hughes (I know he was hurt but still), etc. The rest of the team isn't awful.

Brodeur
06-29-2006, 08:15 PM

Oscar Robertson
Jerry West
Michael Jordan
LeBron James At age 21

The NBA is a little different now considering they used to play Defense back when all those players were in the league. All of those guys played when the NBA was much better.

They didn't play defense back when Oscar Robertson averaged that. Oscar is far more overrated than LeBron, the guy played in a league where every team scored at least 100 a night.

06-29-2006, 08:44 PM

Oscar Robertson
Jerry West
Michael Jordan
LeBron James At age 21

They didn't play defense back when Oscar Robertson averaged that. Oscar is far more overrated than LeBron, the guy played in a league where every team scored at least 100 a night.

Yeah, Defense is waaaaaaaaay better now, on the whole. They didn't have all the schemes that they have now. And the guys are better athletes now, and have better coaching. There were some great defenders in the old days (Chamberlain, Havlicek, and of course, Russel, to name a few) but team defense wasn't good. Double teams were pretty inefficient.

06-29-2006, 08:45 PM
You guys like there is no one else on the Cavs. Big Z, Gooden, Marshall, Hughes (I know he was hurt but still), etc. The rest of the team isn't awful.

Sure, the rest of his team is alright, but those guys don't compare to Shaq, Antoine, Haslem, Williams, Posey and Mourning.

frogstomp
06-29-2006, 09:12 PM

Oscar Robertson
Jerry West
Michael Jordan
LeBron James At age 21

Well, either way, Lebron is in their company while D-Wade is not. Doesn't that say anything to you?

draftguru151
06-29-2006, 09:50 PM
Wade had 40 and 10 in the finals and was one of like 3 guards to do that. He also had a few other final things with a select few. His company is pretty nice too.