PDA

View Full Version : Busted!

D-Unit
05-31-2012, 02:04 PM
Thanks to FlyingElvis for this idea.

This thread is to humiliate all cheaters. Open for public flogging & humilation. This is an infraction free zone. Insulting cheaters and personal attacks on them will be allowed (as long as they are related to crime).

Anyone caught cheating will receive a 1 month mafia ban.

Try cheating now.

DO NOT CLUTTER THIS THREAD.

FlyingElvis
05-31-2012, 02:12 PM
The original suggestion:

My suggestion:

1. Start a "Busted!" thread in the mafia games forum.

2. Screen shot any offenders discussing.

3. Post screen shot in aforementioned thread for public flogging & humilation.

4. Member policing - ensure any offending members are excluded from the next 3 games or so (more if the torrid mafia game pace continues) to drive the point home that it won't be tolerated.

Basically, we know what channels (IRC / Facebook / PM / Rep comments / etc.) are used. Take a screen shot so people can't argue and everyone can see exactly what the accusation stems from and decide for themselves.

Even if it's something minor, it won't take long for the point to be cemented.

TACKLE
05-31-2012, 02:26 PM
How my hair look?

At around 12:30 last night when Cigaro was 2 votes away from being lynched and his death was imminent, did I send him some quotes from other people throughout the game that he could use to try to defend himself? Yeah, I probably did. I'm just too competitive sometimes I guess. I'll take responsibility. Cigaro is not to blame in anyway. I'll take the 1 month suspension from mafia as long as Cigaro gets nothing.

D-Unit
05-31-2012, 04:16 PM
How my hair look?

At around 12:30 last night when Cigaro was 2 votes away from being lynched and his death was imminent, did I send him some quotes from other people throughout the game that he could use to try to defend himself? Yeah, I probably did. I'm just too competitive sometimes I guess. I'll take responsibility. Cigaro is not to blame in anyway. I'll take the 1 month suspension from mafia as long as Cigaro gets nothing.
We're starting this now, so you (and anyone else for that matter), do not need to worry about any past faults. This is only to help minimize cheats, but this game will always be based on the honor system. So hopefully we can keep this clean and fun without the drama.

ATLDirtyBirds
06-06-2012, 01:38 PM
A+ thread, would read again.

fenikz
06-06-2012, 03:24 PM
am I only allowed to insult cheaters?

Bulldogs
06-06-2012, 03:31 PM
am I only allowed to insult cheaters?

Yes you are.

Bulldogs
06-27-2012, 01:02 PM
This thread needs to be put to use. Who cheated?

killxswitch
06-27-2012, 01:32 PM
I too would like to know. I don't see the point in keeping it a secret.

D-Unit
06-27-2012, 01:48 PM
There haven't been cheaters found since this thread started, so I think it's doing it's job. Before people used to PM others after they were killed... People would talk in chatrooms during times not allowed... Illegal rep comments were left... etc.

killxswitch
06-27-2012, 01:51 PM
D we are referring to Shane's comments after the SS game. I believe CMD had some frustrations/suspicions too.

Bulldogs
06-27-2012, 02:00 PM
There haven't been cheaters found since this thread started, so I think it's doing it's job. Before people used to PM others after they were killed... People would talk in chatrooms during times not allowed... Illegal rep comments were left... etc.

Gonzo, Shane, and CMD all mentioned cheaters then kind of just dropped it.

Dr. Gonzo
06-27-2012, 02:11 PM
Hopefully the mentions from us will be enough to stop people in the future. Everyone involved knows who they are.

FlyingElvis
06-27-2012, 02:20 PM
Hopefully the mentions from us will be enough to stop people in the future. Everyone involved knows who they are.

Banning them from games for a bit would do a much better job. Especially considering it's likely the same people who have caused complaints before and have yet to be deterred by the "they know who they are" method of prevention.

Cigaro
06-27-2012, 02:30 PM
If we're going to have a Busted! thread, it might as well be used.

Dr. Gonzo
06-27-2012, 02:34 PM
If JBond or CMD want to use this thread they can, as for me, I will not get someone banned from these games for something that really only ended up hurting the mafia and did not effect the game that much.

Bulldogs
06-27-2012, 02:56 PM
If the person knows who they are they should man up and come forward, if it is who I believe they may have cheated in my game also. The problem is this is going to turn into he said/she said.

Dr. Gonzo
06-27-2012, 02:58 PM
If the person knows who they are they should man up and come forward, if it is who I believe they may have cheated in my game also. The problem is this is going to turn into he said/she said.

That's what I don't want to get into. It's an internet forum and these are just games, if you need to cheat or talk about your character to others well you are still in the game you are a fool or just shouldn't be playing. Calling people out and turning this into a he said/she said will cause way too much drama and serve no purpose.

FlyingElvis
06-27-2012, 02:59 PM

It's definitely tough without a screen shot or some other type of "proof."

Also, if they can't man up and play fair to begin with, they can't man up after the fact and confess.

There just ain't no man there for mannin' up, ya dig?

Brothgar
06-27-2012, 03:14 PM
Those who cheat are the worst players in the forum. That's right you are worse than SP, Broth, and Wooty combined. Let that sink in for a little bit.

D-Unit
06-28-2012, 12:54 PM
If you know someone who did something and you won't mention them, then you are equally to blame and should be subject to the same punishment.

Caddy
06-28-2012, 07:03 PM
If you know someone who did something and you won't mention them, then you are equally to blame and should be subject to the same punishment.

Yep. Because that is exactly how it works in the real world. If you see someone commit a murder but don't call the police, you go to jail for life!

ImBrotherCain
06-28-2012, 07:09 PM
Yep. Because that is exactly how it works in the real world. If you see someone commit a murder but don't call the police, you go to jail for life!

I am pretty sure if the person is eventually caught and goes to jail you can be tried for something like aiding and abetting.

Caddy
06-28-2012, 07:14 PM
I am pretty sure if the person is eventually caught and goes to jail you can be tried for something like aiding and abetting.

:\

If you see a murder being committed and have zero involvement in it, you won't be charged with anything. Also be quiet Cain, let me mock D-Unit some more. I can use a different analogy to show the floors in his comment.

How about the victim of sexual assault is just as liable as the person who commits the sexual assault because they don't report it to the police!

ImBrotherCain
06-28-2012, 07:16 PM
:\

If you see a murder being committed and have zero involvement in it, you won't be charged with anything. Also be quiet Cain, let me mock D-Unit some more. I can use a different analogy to show the floors in his comment.

How about the victim of sexual assault is just as liable as the person who commits the sexual assault because they don't report it to the police!

I have no retort for the second part... and I am pretty sure you are wrong on the first part but I have no proof.

Caddy
06-28-2012, 07:19 PM
I have no retort for the second part... and I am pretty sure you are wrong on the first part but I have no proof.

You won't be tried in a criminal court if you didn't commit the murder, had nothing to do with said crime and were merely a witness. I guess someone could bring a charge against you in a civil court, but that'd be a waste of time too.

Brothgar
06-28-2012, 07:22 PM
Oddly enough the Australian is right. Just not calling the cops isn't enough for A&A. If you know where a fugitive is hiding or if you are keeping them in your home and you are dishonest to law enforcement about their whereabouts then you could be charged.

ImBrotherCain
06-28-2012, 07:38 PM
Oddly enough the Australian is right. Just not calling the cops isn't enough for A&A. If you know where a fugitive is hiding or if you are keeping them in your home and you are dishonest to law enforcement about their whereabouts then you could be charged.

Ehh close enough.

Shane P. Hallam
06-28-2012, 07:44 PM
This argument makes no sense.

Caddy
06-28-2012, 07:52 PM
This argument makes no sense.

D-Unit started it!