View Full Version : Batman Beyond Game Thread - Town Wins

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Brothgar
06-03-2012, 09:39 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

God damnit I need to learn how to read.

TitanHope
06-03-2012, 09:45 PM
Gonzo was a cop? Christ. Well it's a good thing he didn't accuse half the players before he died...

Sucks that Forenci was good. Would've been great if he managed to mason with an investigator and then become his like spokesperson or something, leaving the investigator anonymous. But that was a shot in the dark choice he was going to have to make, which could have blown up in his face if he chose a bad guy or something.

Curious that there was only one kill, but I'll take not being further punched in the gut.

CJSchneider
06-03-2012, 09:58 PM
For me, the first two people that come to mind that would seem to target Gonzo would be Shane or Killswitch. But either would have to be stupid to attack him night 1.

Killswitch is a new player...

This does seem like a likely scenario.

FlyingElvis
06-03-2012, 09:58 PM
Vote: Broth

for brothing it up.

Brothgar
06-03-2012, 10:00 PM
Vote: Broth

for brothing it up.

Yeah I deserve that.

BeerBaron
06-03-2012, 10:00 PM
Vote Count:

Broth (1) - FlyingElvis

With 21 remaining, 11 are needed for majority.

Brothgar
06-03-2012, 10:03 PM
When vidae said he wasn't a townie in my head I thought he said he was a cop.

FlyingElvis
06-03-2012, 10:06 PM
When vidae said he wasn't a townie in my head I thought he said he was a cop.

To be fair, the two are pretty close.

Cigaro
06-03-2012, 10:12 PM
I would certainly like to at least hear from killxswitch. With his brazen day one targeting, I'm not going to assume he'd know better than to kill Gonzo at night.

CashmoneyDrew
06-03-2012, 10:16 PM
Where's all our peoples at? Other than Vidae and Brody, I have one new suspicion based on what has been said this page, but I'd rather wait until some people talk and/or bring some more info.

Brodeur
06-03-2012, 10:18 PM
Where's all our peoples at? Other than Vidae and Brody, I have one new suspicion based on what has been said this page, but I'd rather wait until some people talk and/or bring some more info.

Other than guys who haven't done anything suspicious, I have another guy who probably isn't suspicious.

CashmoneyDrew
06-03-2012, 10:21 PM
Other than guys who haven't done anything suspicious, I have another guy who probably isn't suspicious.

You can try to play it off all you want, but I'm coming for your evil-self.

jrdrylie
06-03-2012, 10:27 PM

Interesting.

Rob S
06-03-2012, 10:29 PM
Gonzo is always an early target, I don't think we get much info analyzing who would have targeted him, who has a grudge, etc.....

More important is that there was only one death. Either we have no SK or one of the kills was blocked for some reason.

Brodeur
06-03-2012, 10:30 PM
Interesting.

I was mocking Drew.

jrdrylie
06-03-2012, 10:31 PM
Gonzo is always an early target, I don't think we get much info analyzing who would have targeted him, who has a grudge, etc.....

More important is that there was only one death. Either we have no SK or one of the kills was blocked for some reason.

Haven't seen Batman Beyond since it came out. Is there any character that would make sense as a serial killer?

jrdrylie
06-03-2012, 10:32 PM
I was mocking Drew.

Gotcha....

CJSchneider
06-03-2012, 10:37 PM

I will forward two other scenarios. The SK felt, for whatever reason, that he was being watched and decided not to kill,or they can only kill on even nights. In any case, people more familiar with Batman Beyond need to clue us in on characters close to Barbra Gordon. There was no sign of forced entry, which I found as a vital piece of info.

CashmoneyDrew
06-03-2012, 10:40 PM
In any case, people more familiar with Batman Beyond need to clue us in on characters close to Barbra Gordon. There was no sign of forced entry, which I found as a vital piece of info.

This seems like something Brody would gladly fill us in on... if he were good.

Cigaro
06-03-2012, 10:43 PM

Well, since it happened in the Wire a couple of times if I remember correctly, we can't dispel that perhaps the SK and mafia both targeted Gonzo.

Cigaro
06-03-2012, 10:44 PM
I will forward two other scenarios. The SK felt, for whatever reason, that he was being watched and decided not to kill,or they can only kill on even nights. In any case, people more familiar with Batman Beyond need to clue us in on characters close to Barbra Gordon. There was no sign of forced entry, which I found as a vital piece of info.

The only problem with this is since we can't reveal characters, would this really give us any usable info?

CJSchneider
06-03-2012, 10:49 PM
The only problem with this is since we can't reveal characters, would this really give us any usable info?

We can't reveal our own characters or claim others are certain characters.
I thought providing backstory info was acceptable.

jrdrylie
06-03-2012, 10:53 PM

BB said we can't even strongly hint who we are.

CJSchneider
06-03-2012, 10:55 PM
I don't want anyone to hint at who they are, I just want to know who may have had access to Barbara Gordon's house without having to break in.

Brodeur
06-03-2012, 10:57 PM
This seems like something Brody would gladly fill us in on... if he were good.

Well, she talks about how she and the old as all hell Bruce had a relationship. She knows Terry McGinnis is Batman (from what I remember) and respects him enough for it. Her husband is the District Attorney, but he's not even remotely harmful. There were attacks on her/her husband, but nothing jumps out at me about CJ's talk.

Jensen
06-03-2012, 10:57 PM
FlyingElvis seems suspicious to me. He quickly hopped on the Gonzo lynch train yesterday, then comes out with a post that strikes me as odd and mafia-like today as soon as its known Gonzo is dead.

Vote: FlyingElvis

Rob S
06-03-2012, 10:58 PM
Well, since it happened in the Wire a couple of times if I remember correctly, we can't dispel that perhaps the SK and mafia both targeted Gonzo.

This is true. I suppose BB has creative license with the write-ups as to whether he wants to give us clues or not. Anyway.......ncst8 needs to come out and play, especially considering he had very "mafiaesque" timing on his Forenci vote and this:

Also, in case there is a lie detector, I am good.

I also don't like the way Drew felt the need to explain that he didn't like casting the final vote, but then went ahead and killed Forenci anyway.

Meh, I don't wanna do this, but might as well do the inevitable.

Vote: Lynch Forenci

Finally, Jensen is still out there and is clearly evil. Also, Brody's play still makes me uneasy.

CashmoneyDrew
06-03-2012, 10:58 PM
Just quickly reading up on it I think I have a guess as to who may have killed Gonzo...

Inque (pronounced "ink") is a fictional character from the DCAU series Batman Beyond. She is a shapeshifting femme fatale with an aversion to water, electricity, extreme cold and dehydration. Inque can turn into a dark liquid and slide through the smallest cracks, or apply herself to the surface of an object in order to avoid detection.

Brodeur
06-03-2012, 10:59 PM
Haven't seen Batman Beyond since it came out. Is there any character that would make sense as a serial killer?

Uhh, as far as guys who work alone in the show, Mad Stan? I don't really know though, sort of hard to figure out. He hates everyone and everything and tries to destroy everyone, so there's that.

BeerBaron
06-03-2012, 11:00 PM
Vote Count:

Broth (1) - FlyingElvis
FlyingElvis (1) - Jensen

I'm off to bed.

Rob S
06-03-2012, 11:00 PM
vote: lynch ncst8

Back when I was a noob and was mafia, I once tried to start the lie detector train to avoid suspicion. I feel like ncst8 could have been trying that here not realizing that there is no lie detector.

BeerBaron
06-03-2012, 11:01 PM
Vote Count:

Broth (1) - FlyingElvis
FlyingElvis (1) - Jensen
ncst8 (1) - Rob

NOW I'm off to bed.

Brodeur
06-03-2012, 11:04 PM
Oh yeah, is that enough help for you Drew?

CashmoneyDrew
06-03-2012, 11:10 PM
Oh yeah, is that enough help for you Drew?

Not really. I find it odd that you watch the show and the special apparently and couldn't think of who the perp could possibly be, and I've never seen an episode but seemed to find a primary suspect with a quick search. Seems like maybe you don't want the town to know evil characters and their abilities if you can avoid it.

Brodeur
06-03-2012, 11:12 PM
I don't remember Inque as well as I should, so that's my bad.

CashmoneyDrew
06-03-2012, 11:15 PM
vote: Lynch Brodeur

Cigaro
06-03-2012, 11:18 PM

My point was that we may be able to know which characters would've been suspects, but because no one can I say 'I'm not __________, I'm _________', knowing the characters isn't as helpful as it may seem.

I'm gonna look through yesterday's votes, see if there's anything interesting for Gonzo or Forenci.

Brodeur
06-03-2012, 11:19 PM
vote: Lynch Brodeur

Based on my non-encyclopedia knowledge of Batman Beyond? Alrighty then, I was just breaking down characters I remembered. Nice logic, Drew.

CashmoneyDrew
06-03-2012, 11:21 PM
Based on my non-encyclopedia knowledge of Batman Beyond? Alrighty then, I was just breaking down characters I remembered. Nice logic, Drew.

You rustled.

Trust me, the vote is for so much more than just that slip.

Brodeur
06-03-2012, 11:23 PM
You rustled.

Trust me, the vote is for so much more than just that slip.

Then what is it for, exactly? I haven't done anything in this game, except jump on the vote for the inactive Forenci bandwagon like 11 others. For one, I didn't read the kill details (which I never do in any game, stupidly enough) and I didn't think of Inque.

Cigaro
06-03-2012, 11:23 PM
Meh, looking through the votes, got nothing. Everyone who voted for Gonzo did so in support of killxswitch. Everyone who voted for Forenci did so because he was inactive. Oh well.

CashmoneyDrew
06-03-2012, 11:27 PM
Then what is it for, exactly? I haven't done anything in this game, except jump on the vote for the inactive Forenci bandwagon like 11 others. For one, I didn't read the kill details (which I never do in any game, stupidly enough) and I didn't think of Inque.

1) Inque slip-up
2) You're strangely active
3) You hopped on the Forenci train pretty early
4) This is Batman (a.k.a. your ****). I don't buy that you'd be this active posts-wise this early, while at the same time being this passive with info and full of mistakes. (Not remembering characters, not reading write-ups)
5) Just gut feeling

Brodeur
06-03-2012, 11:31 PM
1) Inque slip-up
4) This is Batman (a.k.a. your ****). I don't buy that you'd be this active posts-wise this early, while at the same time being this passive with info and full of mistakes. (Not remembering characters, not reading write-ups)
5) Just gut feeling

1/4) I don't know the show nearly as well as Batman: TAS
2) I've explained why, but again, I'm really anxious for my exam and I am using this as an outlet. My activity has absolutely nothing to do with my role whatsoever.
3) Meh, I was just doing it to fit in. Gonzo did too, how'd that work out?

Cigaro
06-03-2012, 11:32 PM
1) Inque slip-up
5) Just gut feeling

For some reason I read that the first time as 'You're strangely attractive'...

jrdrylie
06-03-2012, 11:38 PM
For some reason I read that the first time as 'You're strangely attractive'...

Well, that's true too...

Don't forget that Brody also voted for Jensen right off the bat. That is very out if character. But seriously, he's likely good. Brody isn't an idiot. He wouldn't drastically change his playing style just because he's mafia.

Brodeur
06-03-2012, 11:39 PM
Well, that's true too...

Don't forget that Brody also voted for Jensen right off the bat. That is very out if character. But seriously, he's likely good. Brody isn't an idiot. He wouldn't drastically change his playing style just because he's mafia.

That was a joke!

Cigaro
06-03-2012, 11:40 PM
Well, that's true too...

I'm assuming he played as 'typical Brody' in the Wire game as an SK, so I'll agree, don't see why he'd change that method after it was proven to work. At the same time, I have no idea how Brody typically plays, other than others' posts about it, so I can't comment too much on it.

SuperMcGee
06-04-2012, 12:07 AM
I also don't like the way Drew felt the need to explain that he didn't like casting the final vote, but then went ahead and killed Forenci anyway.

Definitely something to look for, how people preface their votes. Might be a little tough this go around since a lot of people were voting in fear of Day 1 expiring, but it's a little interesting since Drew's came at the end and was after BB said the day would not expire.

So did yours, the only other one that did, but you seem a little more on the level right now. Of course, casting doubt on CMD might be pretty important to some people if he's on to something with Brodeur.

I can admit that on Day 1, somebody that has 10/12 votes and has not shown up is likely an inevitability, but there's not a whole lot going on right now.

I'm assuming he played as 'typical Brody' in the Wire game as an SK, so I'll agree, don't see why he'd change that method after it was proven to work. At the same time, I have no idea how Brody typically plays, other than others' posts about it, so I can't comment too much on it.

I don't think he did. At least not fully. Brodie might normally be the only guy who votes as infrequently as I do, and he was pretty much always good before that one. His more brazen behavior in that one/this one catches my eye.

Todd Bertuzzi
06-04-2012, 12:14 AM
CMD is acting quite suspiciously. I feel like he is either good and is just going hard after Brodeur, or he is evil and is trying to advantage of the suspicions cast on Brodeur yesterday in order to gain momentum for the quick lynching of a good guy.

Brodeur
06-04-2012, 12:18 AM
I'm not really going to vote for CMD, because his weird obsession with me doesn't necessarily make him evil.

Todd Bertuzzi
06-04-2012, 12:23 AM
Because you're mafia and you don't want to start a lynch train against a guy you know for a fact is good? Sorry haha, grasping at straws here...someone give us some info to go on. This behaviour is more Broedur-like though but that means nothing now that we have pointed it out on multiple occasions.

Brodeur
06-04-2012, 12:26 AM
Wouldn't I want to at least try to deflect attention away from myself? I'm just defending myself, I don't really know anyone else at this point. Killxswitch's weird attempts at killing Gonzo were rather odd.

bantx
06-04-2012, 12:40 AM
Reading through it right now and from what I read it's a bunch of accusations thrown out at everyone at this point it's hard to pin point everything.

vidae
06-04-2012, 12:45 AM
This is kind of how it goes for the first few days in every game. Unless someone makes themselves a target we're not getting any new info, so you have to pick who has been suspicious thus far.

Killswitch and Brody are the two most suspicious to me, but killswitch has never played a game before so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Brody is suspicious to me too, but that isn't new.

Brodeur
06-04-2012, 12:46 AM
I don't know why I'm suspicious! This is all blowback from The Wire game dammit, I am not guilty here.

SuperMcGee
06-04-2012, 02:38 AM
FlyingElvis seems suspicious to me. He quickly hopped on the Gonzo lynch train yesterday, then comes out with a post that strikes me as odd and mafia-like today as soon as its known Gonzo is dead.

I can kind of see this. His reasoning for voting Gonzo was that "Killxswitch has earned support". While I think we'd all like to read some more posts from killxswitch, that's some soft reasoning. The reaction to Gonzo's death did seem insincere, and all of the posts since then have been pretty light in nature. He put out votes for Gonzo and broth. Neither vote had any serious reasoning behind it, but they're still people that you could see a lynch train forming behind without so much of a push. Might be something there.

Todd Bertuzzi
06-04-2012, 02:44 AM

This is a very good point. I think CMD is mafia and is going hard after Brodeur today to try and build on the momentum of people's suspicions from yesterday. I'm inclined to think one of Brodeur or CMD is evil at this point and I'm leaning towards CMD.

Vote: Lynch CMD

Heading to bed, hopefully I'll have some good discussion to read when I wake up.

BeerBaron
06-04-2012, 05:51 AM
Vote Count:

Broth (1) - FlyingElvis
FlyingElvis (1) - Jensen
ncst8 (1) - Rob
Brodeur (1) - CMD
CMD (1) - Todd

Shane P. Hallam
06-04-2012, 06:28 AM
Vidae you said you were a cop. What did you find night 1?

Lol, the sheer combination of broth:

1. Not knowing what vidae actually role revealed

2. Pushing a cop to reveal their findings immediately

seems pretty dumb.

CMD does seem to be pressing a little bit too. I'm watching you both!

jrdrylie
06-04-2012, 07:06 AM
CMD actions toward Brodeur are kind of reminecenet to those of a lyncher. While not necessarily evil, lynching him would be better than blindly lynching someone and hoping they're mafia. So unless some solid info comes out...

Lynch CMD

BeerBaron
06-04-2012, 07:08 AM
Vote Count:

Broth (1) - FlyingElvis
FlyingElvis (1) - Jensen
ncst8 (1) - Rob
Brodeur (1) - CMD
CMD (2) - Todd, JR

TitanHope
06-04-2012, 07:26 AM
I'm in the group that wants a post from Killswitch, but it's more to just gauge his reaction. I'm not sure what to make of Drew with how ravenous he's gone after Brodeur. I always find myself siding with Rob in these games, and I'm with him on ncst8fan too. We lose a cop, and he's immediately on to ask "Any leads?" knowing we're down an investigator. It looks like a soft attempt to lure out additional investigators. He was the only person to do that, aside from Broth's broth moment which can be chalked up to brothidity. I suppose Todd did it too, but that seemed more out of frustration than being proactive. But I'm voting cause I'm gonna get some sleep.

Vote: ncst8fan

BeerBaron
06-04-2012, 07:59 AM
Vote Count:

Broth (1) - FlyingElvis
FlyingElvis (1) - Jensen
ncst8 (2) - Rob, TH
Brodeur (1) - CMD
CMD (2) - Todd, JR

I WILL DO AS MANY POST COUNTS AS I WANT!! My OCD will not allow a vote to go unregistered once I am aware of it.

ncst8fan83
06-04-2012, 08:15 AM
This is true. I suppose BB has creative license with the write-ups as to whether he wants to give us clues or not. Anyway.......ncst8 needs to come out and play, especially considering he had very "mafiaesque" timing on his Forenci vote and this:

So, voting to lynch someone with 11 other people when no other information was available is considered "mafiaesque" now? And heaven forbid I say that I am good when I assumed there may be a lie detector in the game. Those are two super lame excuses to lynch me, rob. Come up with something better.

The truth is it is almost impossible to have any sort of direction without the first domino falling, be that with a lucky lynch or by someone coming out with credible information. I don't believe we have either of that at the moment. I can assure you I am 100% townie.

jrdrylie
06-04-2012, 08:17 AM
I WILL DO AS MANY POST COUNTS AS I WANT!! My OCD will not allow a vote to go unregistered once I am aware of it.

We could have a lot of fun with this!

ImBrotherCain
06-04-2012, 08:19 AM
Well here are my thoughts.To start my suspicions of Brody are well noted. Drew is acting way out of his normal character. Almost Gonzoesque.

Cigaro is setting off my evil meter... I have no hard evidence on it but he is acting way to much like he was in the Zombie game. I suggest you all take heed of his actions.

jrdrylie
06-04-2012, 08:23 AM
Well here are my thoughts.To start my suspicions of Brody are well noted. Drew is acting way out of his normal character. Almost Gonzoesque.

Cigaro is setting off my evil meter... I have no hard evidence on it but he is acting way to much like he was in the Zombie game. I suggest you all take heed of his actions.

I don't see it with Cigaro.

ImBrotherCain
06-04-2012, 08:29 AM
I don't see it with Cigaro.

Hes been hovering on the fringe... I don't like it.

killxswitch
06-04-2012, 08:29 AM
Hey guys. I crusaded against Gonzo, then he got killed. I realize that looks a bit funny. What do you want to know?

jrdrylie
06-04-2012, 08:33 AM
Hey guys. I crusaded against Gonzo, then he got killed. I realize that looks a bit funny. What do you want to know?

We want to know if you are the scumbag who brutally beat Ms. Gordon with a blunt object.

Rob S
06-04-2012, 08:40 AM
So, voting to lynch someone with 11 other people when no other information was available is considered "mafiaesque" now? And heaven forbid I say that I am good when I assumed there may be a lie detector in the game. Those are two super lame excuses to lynch me, rob. Come up with something better.

The truth is it is almost impossible to have any sort of direction without the first domino falling, be that with a lucky lynch or by someone coming out with credible information. I don't believe we have either of that at the moment. I can assure you I am 100% townie.

The lie detector thing is absolutely suspicious. As I stated, I have tried to use that tactic as mafia before. I am also suspicious of CMD and Brody though. I agree with you that obviously we are all grasping at straws here, but it is what is......I read the thread and you stood out. I'm not making any "lame excuses", you said something that piqued my interest.

Rob S
06-04-2012, 08:41 AM
Killswitch strikes me as an obvious frame attempt by the mafia. Very amateurish in truth.

killxswitch
06-04-2012, 08:58 AM
We want to know if you are the scumbag who brutally beat Ms. Gordon with a blunt object.

No. I was suspicious of Gonzo. After reading through a few threads he seemed like he was holding back but still trying to appear as though he was doing is "EVERYONE IS SUSPICIOUS" thing. Which did seem suspicious, but as he continued to post I became less confident so I stopped.

Killswitch strikes me as an obvious frame attempt by the mafia. Very amateurish in truth.

Doesn't that seem too obvious though? Maybe someone picked up on something and took a shot thinking he was a cop. If not it was a damn good guess.

FlyingElvis
06-04-2012, 09:16 AM
vote: lynch ncst8

Back when I was a noob and was mafia, I once tried to start the lie detector train to avoid suspicion. I feel like ncst8 could have been trying that here not realizing that there is no lie detector.

I'm inclined to agree. Playing dumb about it doesn't work for me. I knew BB nixed the role from his games and I was barely active for six weeks prior to filling in for Fisch in the Wire game. That was the biggest factor in my disbelief of D-Unit right up to his untimely end.

Unvote: Broth

Vote: NcSt8

As for my "soft" comment about unvoting Gonzo . . . well, I suppose I should have known a small quip would be overanalyzed. My apolgies if I offended any delicate sensibilities.

BeerBaron
06-04-2012, 09:18 AM
Vote Count:

FlyingElvis (1) - Jensen
ncst8 (3) - Rob, TH, FlyingElvis
Brodeur (1) - CMD
CMD (2) - Todd, JR

FlyingElvis
06-04-2012, 09:18 AM
Vote Count:

FlyingElvis (1) - Jensen
Brodeur (1) - CMD
CMD (2) - Todd, JR

Aw c'mon! You did me twice.

FlyingElvis
06-04-2012, 09:21 AM
D'oh! . . . disregard. Now I'm brothing it up.

:facepalm:

BeerBaron
06-04-2012, 09:21 AM
Ninja fixed.

Todd Bertuzzi
06-04-2012, 09:23 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't see the case against ncst8? I feel like some people are just trying to mount an argument for his lynching out of nothing knowing that people will blindly follow because it is in fact ncst8.

Brothgar
06-04-2012, 09:24 AM
D'oh! . . . disregard. Now I'm brothing it up.

:facepalm:

Its contagious.

SuperMcGee
06-04-2012, 09:26 AM
I 100% believe it, but I admit that I have not seen the post where it explicitly says no lie detector for this game. You guys are giving him ****, but I haven't seen it, either, and the lie detector just played its most prominent role in the last game.

ImBrotherCain
06-04-2012, 09:29 AM
I 100% believe it, but I admit that I have not seen the post where it explicitly says no lie detector for this game. You guys are giving him ****, but I haven't seen it, either, and the lie detector just played its most prominent role in the last game.

BB said he wouldn't use a lie detector again after the fiasco in Final Fantasy. But to be fair I don't see that as incriminating evidence against ncst8.

jrdrylie
06-04-2012, 09:31 AM

He said it on page four of the sign up thread when he was explaining the roles to killswitch. The exact quote was...

Lie Detector - Gets to send in a statement made by a player pertaining to the game. Will be told if it is true or false. Can be really overpowed so I've sworn to never use it again in one of my games.

To be fair to ncst8, the post was quite long and it was an explanation of the roles so it is likely he didn't read it.

killxswitch
06-04-2012, 09:43 AM
I don't see the case for ncst8 but I am not familiar with his tactics.

What happened to the Brodeur suspicion? Was "I like Batman but not THAT much" and "I'm nervous about a test" really enough of an explanation?

Jensen
06-04-2012, 09:44 AM
Am I the only one who doesn't see the case against ncst8? I feel like some people are just trying to mount an argument for his lynching out of nothing knowing that people will blindly follow because it is in fact ncst8.

I agree with this...FE jumping on makes me more suspicious of him as well.

SuperMcGee
06-04-2012, 09:50 AM
I'm inclined to agree. Playing dumb about it doesn't work for me. I knew BB nixed the role from his games and I was barely active for six weeks prior to filling in for Fisch in the Wire game. That was the biggest factor in my disbelief of D-Unit right up to his untimely end.

Unvote: Broth

Vote: NcSt8

As for my "soft" comment about unvoting Gonzo . . . well, I suppose I should have known a small quip would be overanalyzed. My apolgies if I offended any delicate sensibilities.

It was actually when you voted for him that I called soft. The unvote was a fine bit of humor. Almost too good. Like you had time to plan for it!

But anyway, changing your vote to yet another "infamous" type who was picking up some vote steam, for reasons that I have outlined I don't care for. I think you might the most suspicious in my eyes, right now.

Rob S
06-04-2012, 09:54 AM
I am fine with any of ncst8, CMD, or FE at this point to be honest.

ImBrotherCain
06-04-2012, 09:58 AM
I am fine with any of ncst8, CMD, or FE at this point to be honest.

This doesn't really sound like your usual self Rob. You are typically more calculating.

FlyingElvis
06-04-2012, 10:08 AM
It was actually when you voted for him that I called soft. The unvote was a fine bit of humor. Almost too good. Like you had time to plan for it!

But anyway, changing your vote to yet another "infamous" type who was picking up some vote steam, for reasons that I have outlined I don't care for. I think you might the most suspicious in my eyes, right now.

Picking up some vote steam? He had one vote.

I'm eye candy. Nothing more, nothing less.

bantx
06-04-2012, 10:09 AM
So far what stands out for me as what other people has stated is that Rob isn't playing his usual game. And Flying elvis following suite with Rob is just a little suspicious, but thats just to keep in mind

FlyingElvis
06-04-2012, 10:15 AM
Aside from ncst8's claim to a role that everybody seems to know wouldn't be in the game, I'm also suspcious of CMD. Others have pointed out some decent examples but missed the most obvious one:

I don't have the power to put you to death necessarily. But I do have the power to keep you on your toes!

Maybe just an early game quip, but those seem to be used against anyone doing so.

Rob S
06-04-2012, 10:21 AM
This doesn't really sound like your usual self Rob. You are typically more calculating.

Meh. Early in the game I am decently laid back usually I think. If you look back on my play, I have always supported lynching inactives or even people that claim townie (unless I know they are a good player) pretty quickly. I don't like to needlessly drag things out and I have detailed my suspicions of both ncst8 and CMD. I also found McGee's logic to be sound, despite my vote currently being with ncst8.

CashmoneyDrew
06-04-2012, 10:30 AM
Aside from ncst8's claim to a role that everybody seems to know wouldn't be in the game, I'm also suspcious of CMD. Others have pointed out some decent examples but missed the most obvious one:

Maybe just an early game quip, but those seem to be used against anyone doing so.

I was referring to my power to vote for a lynch.

killxswitch
06-04-2012, 10:38 AM
We have next to nothing to go on. Someone say something stupidly incriminating.

jrdrylie
06-04-2012, 10:42 AM
We have next to nothing to go on. Someone say something stupidly incriminating.

You first.

ImBrotherCain
06-04-2012, 10:53 AM
jvig has been posting elsewhere. Yet not here... hmmm.

ncst8fan83
06-04-2012, 11:07 AM
FE, you do realize I never claimed I was a lie detector, correct? I didn't see BB's post in the signup thread. With that said, I have no issues role claiming. I am a vanilla townie in that I have no special characteristics or night-time powers. However, upon my death, a character in this game gets some type of transformation. Who this character is and what the transformation is, is up for debate. However, I did not take this as pro-town or anti-town. I do not think it would be beneficial to the mafia to take me out as it could adversely affect them as well. I am good and if we have investigators left, they are more than welcome to investigate me at any point.

jrdrylie
06-04-2012, 11:09 AM
FE, you do realize I never claimed I was a lie detector, correct? I didn't see BB's post in the signup thread. With that said, I have no issues role claiming. I am a vanilla townie in that I have no special characteristics or night-time powers. However, upon my death, a character in this game gets some type of transformation. Who this character is and what the transformation is, is up for debate. However, I did not take this as pro-town or anti-town. I do not think it would be beneficial to the mafia to take me out as it could adversely affect them as well. I am good and if we have investigators left, they are more than welcome to investigate me at any point.

Interesting. I suppose I could buy this until I have reason to believe otherwise.

FlyingElvis
06-04-2012, 11:11 AM

Yes, I do realize you didn't actually say you were a lie detector. I shouldn't have put it like that.

CJSchneider
06-04-2012, 11:24 AM
I don't see the case for ncst8 but I am not familiar with his tactics.

I'll spare him the re-cap of his game play history, but I have no read on him one way or another.

Jvig posting elsewhere, but not here, does make me leery.

SuperMcGee
06-04-2012, 11:24 AM
I think Rob and Todd are bouncing back from Day 1 tomfoolery. They've gone from having no idea what to think + voting inactives and posting stuff like "he is due to be evil" to having no idea what to think but trying to make logical arguments. For the more accusatory types so far, they don't seem so suspect. It's somewhat worrisome when someone lays out a number of people that he would be fine lynching, and I don't love the votes Rob has made, but I don't know if I think he's bad. It's still early.

vote: FlyingElvis

BeerBaron
06-04-2012, 11:26 AM
Vote Count:

FlyingElvis (2) - Jensen, SuperMcGee
Brodeur (1) - CMD
CMD (2) - Todd, JR

UKfan
06-04-2012, 11:32 AM
I'm not really seeing a convincing case for anyone right now in all honesty. CMD is a bit suspicious but I am not certain on that.

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 11:36 AM
Well, looks like I didn't miss much, but checking in, gonna go read the last couple pages.

jrdrylie
06-04-2012, 11:43 AM
I suppose it's always possible that JVig was silenced.

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 11:48 AM
Not much to catch up on, at this point I'd lean towards FlyingElvis. Does seem to jump around to people who he thinks he may be able to get a lynch going on. CMD could be a possibility, but he's arguing that Brody isn't typical Brody, and I don't know what typical Brody is. I think killswitch was probably 'framed', and that ncst8 is likely telling the truth.

FlyingElvis
06-04-2012, 11:56 AM
I think Rob and Todd are bouncing back from Day 1 tomfoolery. They've gone from having no idea what to think + voting inactives and posting stuff like "he is due to be evil" to having no idea what to think but trying to make logical arguments. For the more accusatory types so far, they don't seem so suspect. It's somewhat worrisome when someone lays out a number of people that he would be fine lynching, and I don't love the votes Rob has made, but I don't know if I think he's bad. It's still early.

vote: FlyingElvis

I think you want me out b/c you know I'm starting to get halfway decent at these games and you don't want to get caught.

http://memecrunch.com/meme/UED/i-got-my-eye-on-you/image.png

SuperMcGee
06-04-2012, 12:00 PM
I always thought you were pretty good at these. I was sad when you took a break :/

FlyingElvis
06-04-2012, 12:06 PM
I always thought you were pretty good at these. I was sad when you took a break :/

So you admit you want me off.

:lynched:

killxswitch
06-04-2012, 12:22 PM
Ok enough of this ********. We can sit around waiting to get picked off one by one or we can do something. We don't have enough data so let's collect some.

There are 21 remaining players. Here are their total posts in this thread and a quick assessment of their participation.

Cain - 16 posts, active but in blocks of time, not throughout the day, no lynch vote. Suspicious of Brody. Concerned with time cap. Suspicious of CMD (though he shares the suspicious of Brody, hmm) and also Cigaro. Passing interest in Rob's relaxed play and Jvig's silence.

JR - 30 posts, very active throughout the day, voted to lynch Forenci, preoccupied with the rules/structure of the game. Concerned about day cap. Taking attention away from Cigaro and Brody?

Jensen - a whopping 4 posts, uses 2 of them to be suspicious of FlyingElvis (weird) but downplays Brodeur's suspicious behavior (weirder, steering focus off Brody?), claims he's not evil, no lynch vote.

Cigaro - 22 posts, all from 6/3, laughed at my hounding Gonzo (maybe knew I was barking up the wrong tree?), voted to lynch Forenci. Concerned about day cap. Watches Mad Men in real-time (seriously?). Steered CJ away from asking for info about Batman Beyond characters. Steered attention away from Brody.

Rob - 11 posts, voted to lynch Forenci. Uncharacteristically low-key and non-analytical though he denies it is unlike him. Claims not evil. Kinda suspicious of Brody, CMD, ncst8, and FE.

jvig - 2 posts, both lynch votes. First CJ, then Forenci. Likes terrible music.

ncstate - 6 posts, voted lynch Forenci, strange "in case of lie detector I'm good" post, already revealed role as a townie w/no powers but his death transforms another character.

killxswitch - 11 posts, went after and voted to lynch Gonzo, backed off of Gonzo pre-run on Forenci but didn't change vote, suspicious of Brodeur.

TH - 7 posts, skeptical of Gonzo, wants explanation from killxswitch, talks up Rob and joins him against ncst8, softly drawing attention away from Brody? Didn't vote Forenci.

SuperMcGee - 11 posts, loves TH (don't we all), suspicious of Brodeur, says ncst8 lie detector thing isn't a thing, very suspicious of FE.

UKFan - 8 posts, claims he's uninteresting, preaches patience, voted Forenci, light suspicion for CMD

CMD - 18 posts, unfamiliar with Batman Beyond, preoccupied with strangeness of Forenci not posting, voted to lynch Forenci, suspicious of vidae and Brodeur. Strange post about not "necessarily" having the power to put someone to death. Suggested "Inque" character as Gonzo's killer. Voting now to lynch Brody and is going after him.

Brodeur - 40 posts, more than anybody else. Most of them are him explaining why him posting so much isn't suspicious (he has a test and is nervous...?). Claims he "knows the show" but then forgets/steers people away from Inque character. Demonstrates more knowledge about the character "Dee Dee" from the show, demonstrates more BB knowledge, then says he's more into Batman the Animated Series. Throwing out flippant accusations w/no followup. Hates Jensen. Kind of antagonized Gonzo but backed off or was never serious.

Shane - 4 posts, suspicious of broth and CMD, laying low, voted lynch Gonzo after saying he doesn't think Gonzo is evil yet.

Broth - 20 posts, concerned about timecap, lynched Forenci, brothed on vidae's "role reveal".

bantx - 11 posts, not a ton going on here. Voted to lynch Forenci, mildly suspicious of Rob and FE.

caddy - 4 posts. A gonzo lynch vote and some pic posts.

vidae - 9 posts. Semi-suspicious of Gonzo. Suspicious of killxswitch (but chalks it up to newbiness) and Brodeur. Claims to be good.

todd - 15 posts. Voted Brod, then changed to Forenci. Suspicious of Brod still, but suspicious of CMD for being suspicious of Brod. Said there's no case against ncst8.

CJ - 14 posts. Explains increased activity with summer. Suspicious of killswitch post-Gonzo death. Wary of jvig posting elsewhere but not here.

FlyingElvis - 17 posts. Kind of all over the place. Predicted Gonzo's death. Voting ncst8 currently. Calls himself "eye candy". Now suspicious of CMD. Having a pseudo-spat with SuperMagee. Impressed with his own mafia game prowess.

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 12:30 PM
The young one has potential. Overall, I'm still most suspicious of FE at this point. Jumping from lynch vote to lynch vote.

FlyingElvis
06-04-2012, 12:32 PM
FlyingElvis - 17 posts. Kind of all over the place. Predicted Gonzo's death. Voting ncst8 currently. Calls himself "eye candy". Now suspicious of CMD. Having a pseudo-spat with SuperMagee. Impressed with his own mafia game prowess.

If you saw pics of me you wouldn't dare put that in qoutes.

CJSchneider
06-04-2012, 12:34 PM
At this point, with the info you compiled, what do you suggest?

killxswitch
06-04-2012, 12:36 PM
I am pretty suspicious of Brodeur. His drastic uptick in posting (he has 10 more than anyone else) hasn't been explained away at all IMO. And multiple players appear to be turning attention away from him. And at times his knowledge of BB seems very high, while at others he's all "well I'm so sorry I don't know every detail of this show, it's not like I watch it THAT much!"

bantx
06-04-2012, 12:37 PM
If you saw pics of me you wouldn't dare put that in qoutes.

Now we're going to need pics

jrdrylie
06-04-2012, 12:39 PM
Killswitch, nice work on that write up, though I'm confused about what you said about me. I don't think I've tried to take heat off Brody. I mentioned multiple times about how his quick vote of Jensen was very out of character and suspicious. I'm not sure about Cigaro. The only person who said he was evil is IBC. All I said was I didn't see it. I was hoping IBC would expand on his suspicions but he never did.

killxswitch
06-04-2012, 12:44 PM
Killswitch, nice work on that write up, though I'm confused about what you said about me. I don't think I've tried to take heat off Brody. I mentioned multiple times about how his quick vote of Jensen was very out of character and suspicious. I'm not sure about Cigaro. The only person who said he was evil is IBC. All I said was I didn't see it. I was hoping IBC would expand on his suspicions but he never did.

At this point I am throwing in anything and prying at everything.

jrdrylie
06-04-2012, 12:53 PM
At this point I am throwing in anything and prying at everything.

Very good strategy. I'm still mostly suspicious of CMD. I'm curious what people think of my assertion that he might be a lyncher with the task of getting Brodeur lynched. It's the only thing to me that would explain how he is acting.

bantx
06-04-2012, 12:58 PM
I'm leaning towards Flying Elvis right now

ImBrotherCain
06-04-2012, 12:58 PM

I gave a brief explanation but it never gained any traction so I decided to just see what everyone else's thoughts are.

To give you my full reasoning. He just seems to be sitting on the fringe of the discussion. Not taking a stand only voting for Forenci when he was concerned about the time cap.

It looks like he is just posting for the sake of looking active while contributing nothing to the actual conversation. It reminds me so much of how he acted in the Zombie game when he had everyone fooled. At this point I am trusting my gut.

Vote: Cigaro

BeerBaron
06-04-2012, 12:59 PM
Vote Count:

Brodeur (1) - CMD
CMD (2) - Todd, JR
Cigaro (1) - Cain

bantx
06-04-2012, 01:00 PM
And what information do we actually get from lynching Cigaro??

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 01:01 PM
I gave a brief explanation but it never gained any traction so I decided to just see what everyone else's thoughts are.

To give you my full reasoning. He just seems to be sitting on the fringe of the discussion. Not taking a stand only voting for Forenci when he was concerned about the time cap.

It looks like he is just posting for the sake of looking active while contributing nothing to the actual conversation. It reminds me so much of how he acted in the Zombie game when he had everyone fooled. At this point I am trusting my gut.

Vote: Cigaro

You realize for the majority of the zombie game, I was good, right? And you realize when I turned zombie, I played the same way because I was still going after the mafia, right?

Also, if we're looking at the zombie game, this is exactly what you did in that game. You were mafia, and I was good, and very early on you said you were suspicious of me and tried to get me lynched there too.

ImBrotherCain

At this point no more than we gain from lynching anyone else.

Shane P. Hallam
To me, the most suspicious person (after going through killswitch's post,) Jvig definitely stands out as going under the radar but still trying to get people lynched. I'll start there and see what he says

Vote: Jvig43

CJSchneider

You mean in addition to night activities?

ImBrotherCain
06-04-2012, 01:02 PM
You realize for the majority of the zombie game, I was good, right? And you realize when I turned zombie, I played the same way because I was still going after the mafia, right?

Also, if we're looking at the zombie game, this is exactly what you did in that game. You were mafia, and I was good, and very early on you said you were suspicious of me and tried to get me lynched there too.

I don't think I ever tried to get you lynched... I may have had suspicions of you but I am almost positive I never voted for you.

BeerBaron
06-04-2012, 01:02 PM
Vote Count:

Brodeur (1) - CMD
CMD (2) - Todd, JR
Cigaro (1) - Cain
jvig (1) - Shane

bantx
06-04-2012, 01:03 PM
At this point no more than we gain from lynching anyone else.

We get a little more info from Elvis since he was backing Rob and him slipping up with trying to push the notion that NC had come out and said he was a lie detector when he never did.

But Jbond does make a point I totally forgot about Jvig but apparently he's voted for lynches?

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 01:09 PM
I don't think I ever tried to get you lynched... I may have had suspicions of you but I am almost positive I never voted for you.

You didn't vote for me, but you did the same routine. You were mafia, I was good, you came out early and said I was evil based on very little. Your argument against me today is that I didn't take an absolute stand on anyone day one, when there was no info.

killxswitch
06-04-2012, 01:11 PM
But Jbond does make a point I totally forgot about Jvig but apparently he's voted for lynches?

He's posted twice, both times it was a lynch vote. He is posting elsewhere pretty regularly but is avoiding this thread.

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 01:13 PM
Jvig's interesting. How does he normally play?

ImBrotherCain
06-04-2012, 01:13 PM
You didn't vote for me, but you did the same routine. You were mafia, I was good, you came out early and said I was evil based on very little. Your argument against me today is that I didn't take an absolute stand on anyone day one, when there was no info.

Last time I was throwing daggers to kill anyone and everyone. As that was our goal. Thats not the case this time. I have stuck to 2-3 people pointing out the suspicions I have. Starting with Brody's abnormal post count, you being on the fringe and honestly a gut feeling and Jvigs absence.

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 01:16 PM
Last time I was throwing daggers to kill anyone and everyone. As that was our goal. Thats not the case this time. I have stuck to 2-3 people pointing out the suspicions I have. Starting with Brody's abnormal post count, you being on the fringe and honestly a gut feeling and Jvigs absence.

I'll just have to ask, what exactly are you expecting of me? There has been absolutely no information out, and I'm not someone who just jumps to lynch immediately without some logic behind it. I don't know what else I should've been doing these past two days, sparing going Gonzo and tossing out accusations left and right.

Todd Bertuzzi
06-04-2012, 01:20 PM
JVig has been posting constantly all day in multiple threads like he has been silenced or something. I'm not ready to lynch him at this point.

ImBrotherCain
06-04-2012, 01:21 PM
I'll just have to ask, what exactly are you expecting of me? There has been absolutely no information out, and I'm not someone who just jumps to lynch immediately without some logic behind it. I don't know what else I should've been doing these past two days, sparing going Gonzo and tossing out accusations left and right.

I don't really care about the vote... I am not really holding the vote for Forenci over your head. Its the fact that 75% of your posts have not contributed anything to the discussion. I just seems like you are posting so you look active without getting on anyone's bad side.

Out of 25 posts or something close to that you have maybe 5-8 of any substance.

bantx
06-04-2012, 01:21 PM
I'd be willing to give Jvig another day, but if we do that we need to figure who will we be voting since the currently vote is really spread out.

jrdrylie
06-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Jvig's interesting. How does he normally play?

He was in the first mafia game I played. He was lynched on Day Four after having just two posts. He was a Vigilante in that game. So maybe he just likes to lay low. Or maybe he was silenced. Either way, I'm not so sure lynching him is the way to go just yet.

Shane P. Hallam
06-04-2012, 01:22 PM
JVig has been posting constantly all day in multiple threads like he has been silenced or something. I'm not ready to lynch him at this point.

Or he is just trying to stay out of suspicions way. Just a thought.

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 01:23 PM

I was along your same line of thinking, but then killswitch pointed out he's only had two posts, which were just votes. So its certainly interesting. I just want to know if anyone else who has played with him can state how often jvig normally posts.

bantx
06-04-2012, 01:23 PM
Honestly if he's not posting he's not contributing much, I'm actually more inclined to vote for him at this point.

FlyingElvis
06-04-2012, 01:26 PM
First game I ever played he was laying low the whole time and was an investigator.

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 01:26 PM
I don't really care about the vote... I am not really holding the vote for Forenci over your head. Its the fact that 75% of your posts have not contributed anything to the discussion. I just seems like you are posting so you look active without getting on anyone's bad side.

Out of 25 posts or something close to that you have maybe 5-8 of any substance.

Yeah, 22 were from day one. What was I supposed to contribute yesterday? And no information has come out today. So what exactly am I supposed to contribute today?

Sorry, but saying I haven't contributed when there's been literally no information provided to work with is an extremely weak reason to vote for someone, IMO. I seriously feel this situation mirrors the way you were 'suspicious' of me in the zombie game.

killxswitch
06-04-2012, 01:30 PM
So has everyone decided Brodeur is ok? CMD where'd you go?

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 01:30 PM
So it appears jvig's low post count is nothing out of the ordinary. I'll still hold FlyingElvis as my main suspicion ATM, and Cain somewhat too because he's approaching this game the same way he did the last time he was mafia.

ImBrotherCain
06-04-2012, 01:32 PM
Yeah, 22 were from day one. What was I supposed to contribute yesterday? And no information has come out today. So what exactly am I supposed to contribute today?

Sorry, but saying I haven't contributed when there's been literally no information provided to work with is an extremely weak reason to vote for someone, IMO. I seriously feel this situation mirrors the way you were 'suspicious' of me in the zombie game.

Please come to understand information will not always be there... Knowing people's posting styles, comparing it to previous game, watching voting trends is how this game is played.

Information can be tampered with. We have seen it in past games. I am going off my gut. Not information as I said before. I went off my gut in the Zombie game and I was right with Grizz... I changed my mind last min to try to take ATL down with me but the fact is how people act can be far more damning than information gained through night actions.

You can continue to not understand my reasoning or logic but this is my gut feeling and I am sticking too it.

bantx
06-04-2012, 01:32 PM
Broduer said he had a test this week? Possibly studying or class dunno

CMD not sure

Surely if Jvig has been posting he's has to chime in if he sees that the heat is on him.

Vote: Jvig

speak up man!

killxswitch
06-04-2012, 01:34 PM
Also, if jvig is suspicious for his lack of participation, what about Caddy? He's posted 4 times but 3 of them were just pic/emoticon nonsense posts. And one was a lynch vote for Gonzo.

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 01:34 PM
Please come to understand information will not always be there... Knowing people's posting styles, comparing it to previous game, watching voting trends is how this game is played.

Information can be tampered with. We have seen it in past games. I am going off my gut. Not information as I said before. I went off my gut in the Zombie game and I was right with Grizz... I changed my mind last min to try to take ATL down with me but the fact is how people act can be far more damning than information gained through night actions.

You can continue to not understand my reasoning or logic but this is my gut feeling and I am sticking too it.

In addition to your criticism that I didn't contribute day one, I don't understand this either. You said I'm suspicious because I'm playing the same way I did in the zombie game...where I was good.

ImBrotherCain
06-04-2012, 01:35 PM
In addition to your criticism that I didn't contribute day one, I don't understand this either. You said I'm suspicious because I'm playing the same way I did in the zombie game...where I was good.

Correction were good.

Todd Bertuzzi
06-04-2012, 01:36 PM
JVig has never been too active in these, regardless of alignment. I urge you to check his profile though...

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/search.php?searchid=912803

He was posting constantly every few minutes this morning over the course of a couple hours and in multiple threads. He either didn't notice this thread or he was silenced which is where I'm leaning judging on his unusual activity today. I'm fine with lynching him tomorrow if his inactivity continues but I suggest we hold off for at least today. Those trying to start a lynch train for him should be looked into if he does in fact come back silenced tomorrow.

BeerBaron
06-04-2012, 01:38 PM
Vote Count:

Brodeur (1) - CMD
CMD (2) - Todd, JR
Cigaro (1) - Cain
jvig (2) - Shane, Bantx

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 01:39 PM
Correction were good.

And when I turned zombie, my posting style didn't change from that, because I still had the same target. So again, you're stating I'm suspicious because I am playing like I did in a game where I was good, and that I didn't contribute on day one. The more you post, the more this situation resembles the way you targeted me in that game.

BeerBaron
06-04-2012, 01:40 PM
I'm bored, so we're going to have a little fun.

Somewhere on this board I've hidden a Joker card. Whoever finds it gets a special prize!

Fair warning though. It's so well hidden I don't actually expect anyone to find it.

WUAHAH!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!! HAHA!!!

FlyingElvis
06-04-2012, 01:40 PM
So it appears jvig's low post count is nothing out of the ordinary. I'll still hold FlyingElvis as my main suspicion ATM, and Cain somewhat too because he's approaching this game the same way he did the last time he was mafia.

You're wrong and it's going to make me cry.

:crybaby:

killxswitch
06-04-2012, 01:41 PM
By "this board" I assume you mean "All of SWDC"?

Shane P. Hallam
06-04-2012, 01:43 PM
Also, if jvig is suspicious for his lack of participation, what about Caddy? He's posted 4 times but 3 of them were just pic/emoticon nonsense posts. And one was a lynch vote for Gonzo.

I know I'm not one to talk as I haven't been able to be as active as I've wanted to (it is Finals week,) but it is a fair point about Caddy and something that deserves looking into.

CashmoneyDrew
06-04-2012, 01:47 PM
I'm having trouble accessing the site from mobile and posting but I'm at work and doing my best to keep up. Brody is still my most suspicious. Followed by Rob and TitanHope.

bantx
06-04-2012, 01:47 PM
Jvig has been posting a lot, but silencing is a possibility BB did implement it into the DBZ game he ran last time wouldn't doubt it this game. The voting is still all over the place and at this point Flying Elvis isn't really doing much to defend himself except post emocons

jrdrylie
06-04-2012, 01:49 PM
So has everyone decided Brodeur is ok? CMD where'd you go?

I have not decided Brodeur is okay. But CMD is much more suspicious to me. He was going so hard against Brodeur yesterday. He had one post today. Then people started jumping on him, and then he just disappeared. That is extremely suspicious.

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 01:52 PM
Don't know about Brodeur. He doesn't seem suspicious to me, but the main argument is that he isn't playing the way he normally plays, and I can only remember playing the Wire game with him. I can buy into the CMD lyncher theory. But my main suspicion still lies with FE. He's jumping from lynch vote to lynch vote, and his defenses aren't really even defenses. I've still got my eye on Cain, though.

Vote: FlyingElvis

CashmoneyDrew
I have not decided Brodeur is okay. But CMD is much more suspicious to me. He was going so hard against Brodeur yesterday. He had one post today. Then people started jumping on him, and then he just disappeared. That is extremely suspicious.

Explained a couple of posts up.

BeerBaron
Vote Count:

Brodeur (2) - CMD, Cigaro
CMD (2) - Todd, JR
Cigaro (1) - Cain
jvig (2) - Shane, Bantx

FlyingElvis
Jvig has been posting a lot, but silencing is a possibility BB did implement it into the DBZ game he ran last time wouldn't doubt it this game. The voting is still all over the place and at this point Flying Elvis isn't really doing much to defend himself except post emocons

My votes came with explanations. Some people see them as me looking to lynch easy prey but that's not the case. I can't control that and, tbh, I'm not sure what you're looking for as further defense.

I am good.

jrdrylie
06-04-2012, 01:53 PM
Explained a couple of posts up.

Yeah, saw that post immediately after I posted.

Rob S
06-04-2012, 01:53 PM
fwiw, I have the same role as ncst8......I believe him on this.

unvote: ncst8

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 01:54 PM
BB, I didn't vote for Brodeur.

CashmoneyDrew
06-04-2012, 01:54 PM
I am in no way a lyncher by the way. There is just so little info and so many people not talking that I'm trying to just be active and Brodeur in particular sticks out to me.

FlyingElvis
06-04-2012, 01:55 PM
fwiw, I have the same role as ncst8......I believe him on this.

unvote: ncst8

Interesting.

Unvote: ncst8

BeerBaron
06-04-2012, 01:55 PM
BB, I didn't vote for Brodeur.

FIXED Vote Count:

FlyingElvis (3) - Jensen, SuperMcGee, Cigaro
ncst8 (1) - TH
Brodeur (1) - CMD
CMD (2) - Todd, JR
Cigaro (1) - Cain
jvig (2) - Shane, Bantx

bantx
06-04-2012, 01:57 PM
Following Rob again I see.

But it's hard to believe that there are 2 people with the same role? Could've kept that to yourself seeing as no one was really going after you.

UKfan
06-04-2012, 02:00 PM
Screw it, this is going nowhere, I'll go with my gut and come back later if more changes...

Vote: CMD

Rob S
06-04-2012, 02:00 PM
To me, the most suspicious person (after going through killswitch's post,) Jvig definitely stands out as going under the radar but still trying to get people lynched. I'll start there and see what he says

Jvig is actually moving to the top of my list as well.

vote: lynch jvig

BeerBaron
06-04-2012, 02:01 PM
Vote Count:

ncst8 (1) - TH
Brodeur (1) - CMD
CMD (3) - Todd, JR, UKFan
Cigaro (1) - Cain
jvig (3) - Shane, Bantx, Rob

Rob S
06-04-2012, 02:03 PM

But it's hard to believe that there are 2 people with the same role? Could've kept that to yourself seeing as no one was really going after you.

It surprised me there were 2 as well. However, I could easily see there being 2 transitions as they have become pretty common as the mods get more adept with creating more complex games. Also, it makes lame people feel better about being vanilla townies. For now, I lean towards tusting ncst8.

FlyingElvis
06-04-2012, 02:05 PM

Like, OMG! I followed pretty reasonable logic where it seems silly and suicidal for both of them to support a similar role claim. You say the same damn thing but still find it odd that I would do so?

You silly boys are going to be in big trouble if, when you realize I've been completely honest and make yet another dumb leap of "logic" and think it somehow clears anyone I've "aligned" with so far.

bantx
06-04-2012, 02:08 PM
Is it reasonable logic that I can see the pattern of you following Rob like a lost puppy? I'm just pointing out what I've see you doing and I haven't even voted for you, but you get really defensive.

Todd Bertuzzi
06-04-2012, 02:09 PM
I give up trying to find the card.

killxswitch
06-04-2012, 02:09 PM
I give up trying to find the card.

Me too. Tried a few different searches and then just said **** it.

jrdrylie
06-04-2012, 02:13 PM
Make that three. It was not nearly as easy to find as the vaccine was in the previous game. I did about five searches, but I don't think it will be that easy. Now if BB would like to give us some sort of hint...

BeerBaron
06-04-2012, 02:14 PM
Make that three. It was not nearly as easy to find as the vaccine was in the previous game. I did about five searches, but I don't think it will be that easy. Now if BB would like to give us some sort of hint...

http://i.imgur.com/JN0mu.gif

bantx
06-04-2012, 02:15 PM
http://i.imgur.com/JN0mu.gif

found it silly bb the post is right here

SuperMcGee
06-04-2012, 02:16 PM
I'm wavering on Elvis a bit, but I can't be sure if I have reason to. He is certainly playing suspiciously, but he's given me pause.

jrdrylie
06-04-2012, 02:16 PM
My God BB, that post scared the **** out of me!

killxswitch
06-04-2012, 02:20 PM
If that was a hint then you are the AT&T of giving hints.

Brodeur
06-04-2012, 02:35 PM
I am so confused at what's going on, or why there's a Joker card.

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 02:38 PM
Yep, giving up on that card.

SuperMcGee
06-04-2012, 02:38 PM
Finding a joker card might not be such a good thing, anyway.

FlyingElvis
06-04-2012, 02:39 PM

When, exactly, did you become the most clueless player ever?

Vote: Brodeur

jrdrylie
06-04-2012, 02:39 PM

I'm not sure if anyone found it yet. Likely, the Joker care will give the finder some sort of extra ability (since it is the Joker, maybe a kill). BB always likes to add crazy **** to these games.

Brodeur
06-04-2012, 02:40 PM

Vote: Brodeur

I posted without reading the thread whatsoever, I'm not clueless. Just getting annoyed at people being suspicious of me for no reason.

BeerBaron
06-04-2012, 02:40 PM
Vote Count:

ncst8 (1) - TH
Brodeur (2) - CMD, FlyingElvis
Cigaro (1) - Cain

ImBrotherCain
06-04-2012, 02:42 PM
I posted without reading the thread whatsoever, I'm not clueless. Just getting annoyed at people being suspicious of me for no reason.

Have you never played this game? I feel like you would be pissy every game if it really bothers you that much.

Brodeur
06-04-2012, 02:45 PM
Have you never played this game? I feel like you would be pissy every game if it really bothers you that much.

I just won one by myself, so nah. I just don't see why CMD is going so hard after me, and I'm just assuming it's partly because of The Wire game.

killxswitch
06-04-2012, 02:50 PM

Srsly.

I don't know why I'm suspicious! This is all blowback from The Wire game dammit, I am not guilty here.

Wouldn't I want to at least try to deflect attention away from myself? I'm just defending myself, I don't really know anyone else at this point. Killxswitch's weird attempts at killing Gonzo were rather odd.

I don't remember Inque as well as I should, so that's my bad.

Uhh, as far as guys who work alone in the show, Mad Stan? I don't really know though, sort of hard to figure out. He hates everyone and everything and tries to destroy everyone, so there's that.

I haven't even said anything. I have no clue what's going on.

Why are you playing dumb?

Brodeur
06-04-2012, 02:52 PM
I'm not playing dumb, I probably shouldn't have said the first thing today without actually reading the thread. The others is just me being honest, which I wasn't aware that I was forced to do. Not remembering a certain BB character makes me playing dumb, apparently.

killxswitch
06-04-2012, 03:00 PM
vote: lynch Brodeur

Brodeur
06-04-2012, 03:01 PM
Hey, at least I didn't go hard after a cop like someone here.

FlyingElvis
06-04-2012, 03:02 PM
votes need to be bold

ncst8fan83
06-04-2012, 03:03 PM
Hey, at least I didn't go hard after a cop like someone here.

*snicker* .

Brodeur
06-04-2012, 03:05 PM
And let me make this more clear: I am the only one with a smidgen of information about Batman Beyond that shared it without looking it up, and I forgot one character. I realize that character probably killed Barbra, and I am annoyed at myself for forgetting her. But, I am not nearly stupid enough to deliberately leave the character out, given that I'm aware how easy it is to look up information about random characters. As for the suspicious part, I still fully believe it's partly blowback from an entirely different game and that's why I'm annoyed.

killxswitch
06-04-2012, 03:09 PM
I find your manic, airhead posting of mostly nothing pretty strange and this game is moving too slow so voila, I voted to lynch you.

BeerBaron
06-04-2012, 03:16 PM
Vote Count:

ncst8 (1) - TH
Brodeur (3) - CMD, FlyingElvis, killswitch
Cigaro (1) - Cain

Shane P. Hallam
06-04-2012, 03:17 PM
I think BB is just messing with me with this joker card. I can't find a thing.

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 03:19 PM
What if there is no Joker card and BB is ******* with us...

ImBrotherCain
06-04-2012, 03:30 PM
5 hours until 24 hour softcap and we are making amazing progress...

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 03:33 PM
If it gets closer and the town has moved one way or the other, I'll change my vote if necessary to avoid a RR, but for now I'm keeping it with FlyingElvis.

UKfan
06-04-2012, 03:34 PM
What specifically is RR? Did I miss that?

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 03:36 PM
What specifically is RR? Did I miss that?

If we can't get a lynch, Russian roulette for everyone.

UKfan
06-04-2012, 03:37 PM
Ah Russian Roulette, duhhhh! I figured it was Random R***, couldn't figure out the last word haha

SuperMcGee
06-04-2012, 03:38 PM
What if there is no Joker card and BB is ******* with us...

How Joker-like of him!

You're sick, BB.

ImBrotherCain
06-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Alright guys... We really need to come to a conclusion. I still stand by my vote for Cigaro.

I think honestly he should be our main target right now... I don't think Elvis is evil. So follow me fellow townies!

jrdrylie
06-04-2012, 03:55 PM
Alright guys... We really need to come to a conclusion. I still stand by my vote for Cigaro.

I think honestly he should be our main target right now... I don't think Elvis is evil. So follow me fellow townies!

I'm definitely not ready to follow you on Cigaro. You made a pretty weak argument for him and then Cigaro came back with a pretty good rebuttal.

I think right now our options are:

Jvig: He isn't talking, which isn't out of the norm for him. Some feel he is expendable because he isn't contributing anyways. Others think he could have been silenced.

Brodeur: He is acting differently than usual. He is more loose with the votes and it much more active than usual.

CMD: He went really hard against Brodeur. He could have been suspicious of Brody's more active participation in this game. Or he could be a lyncher. Or he could be mafia, trying to rid Gotham of a solid player who just won the Wire game by himself as a serial killer.

FlyingElvis: I'm not 100% sure why people are voting for him. Maybe it's because he has numerous sarcastic rebuttals to accusations without really adding much. Or it could be because he doesn't believe ncst8 and Rob about their role claim.

Cigaro: For whatever reason IBC wants to lynch him.

ImBrotherCain
06-04-2012, 03:56 PM
At this point I am bored and I my gut just tells me he is evil.

ncst8fan83
06-04-2012, 03:57 PM

Vote Cigaro, investigator investigates elvis, reveals results and we can move forward before the numbers go out of whack. If Cigaro and Elvis are both good, IBC would be the sacrificial offering the following day?

Vote: Lynch Cigaro

Jensen
06-04-2012, 03:57 PM
I just want to point this out, but I doubt Rob's roleclaim. That's an easy role to just piggyback onto and say you have that role too. I think he might be using that as a reason to clear himself since everyone seems to think ncst8 is good now.

ImBrotherCain
06-04-2012, 03:58 PM
Vote Cigaro, investigator investigates elvis, reveals results and we can move forward before the numbers go out of whack. If Cigaro and Elvis are both good, IBC would be the sacrificial offering the following day?

I am okay with this...

Jensen
06-04-2012, 03:59 PM

None of that is as easy as you make it out to be. You just set up FE for frames, tailor, etc. and then suggest that an investigator out himself on day 3.

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 04:00 PM
I'm definitely not ready to follow you on Cigaro. You made a pretty weak argument for him and then Cigaro came back with a pretty good rebuttal.

I think right now our options are:

Jvig: He isn't talking, which isn't out of the norm for him. Some feel he is expendable because he isn't contributing anyways. Others think he could have been silenced.

Brodeur: He is acting differently than usual. He is more loose with the votes and it much more active than usual.

CMD: He went really hard against Brodeur. He could have been suspicious of Brody's more active participation in this game. Or he could be a lyncher. Or he could be mafia, trying to rid Gotham of a solid player who just won the Wire game by himself as a serial killer.

FlyingElvis: I'm not 100% sure why people are voting for him. Maybe it's because he has numerous sarcastic rebuttals to accusations without really adding much. Or it could be because he doesn't believe ncst8 and Rob about their role claim.

Cigaro: For whatever reason IBC wants to lynch him.

He seemed to be early on jumping around with his votes to whoever looked likely to lynchtrain against. There's nothing concrete on him, but he's the most suspicious to me.

SuperMcGee
06-04-2012, 04:05 PM
My face hurts.

We are way too spread out, guys. Like I said, I'm coming around to Elvis not being evil, but that's a guess based on things I'd prefer not be guessing on. This is evolving into another Day 1. The cigaro read seems to be IBC's own thing, right now. Not too sure on that one, but I'm keeping it in mind. You're mixing signals of confidence and guesswork.

And I'm pretty sure Elvis does believe their role claim, jr, which is why he unvoted.

unvote: Elvis

Look at that progress!

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 04:08 PM

None of that is as easy as you make it out to be. You just set up FE for frames, tailor, etc. and then suggest that an investigator out himself on day 3.

As Jensen stated, this is a pretty horrible plan. Your plan requires that I get lynched, losing a good guy for the town, puts FE, if he's actually good, in a situation where his results can easily be manipulated, and then he's lynched because of it, losing another possible good guy, and then you force an investigator to out himself, leaving an easy target for the mafia, yet another good guy. And if your plan goes wrong and it happens like I just explained? IBC gets lynched, who may be nothing more than a townsperson with wrong suspicions, or at best a single mafia member, for three good guys, potentially four altogether if IBC is indeed good and just wrong.

Seems logical.

bantx
06-04-2012, 04:10 PM
I was actually trying to defend Ncstatefan but he hopped on the cigaro lynch train without a thought and thats just going with cains gut feeling that has no evidence to it?! We've gotten no where with the voting everyone says he follow my vote and we have 5 different people with votes.

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 04:15 PM
Unvote: FlyingElvis

I was reading through his comments, and I think I may have picked up a hint of who his character could be. And I don't think such a character would be evil. Don't know where to turn instead though.

SuperMcGee
06-04-2012, 04:17 PM
He seemed to be early on jumping around with his votes to whoever looked likely to lynchtrain against. There's nothing concrete on him, but he's the most suspicious to me.

He has acted the most suspicious, I agree. But some of his posts have me hung up. Still might not be a bad lynch, in my eyes. I probably unvoted too soon.

I just want to point this out, but I doubt Rob's roleclaim. That's an easy role to just piggyback onto and say you have that role too. I think he might be using that as a reason to clear himself since everyone seems to think ncst8 is good now.

Very possible. There's reason for skepticism there, and I know you're not the only one from when he revealed it.

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 04:19 PM
He has acted the most suspicious, I agree. But some of his posts have me hung up. Still might not be a bad lynch, in my eyes. I probably unvoted too soon.

Not sure it was. It could have been innocent comments, but I think FE has slightly hinted at who he could be, and I don't think that person would be evil. Could be completely wrong, have only worked my way through 3/4 of the first season, but I'm not sure he's evil if I'm correct.

bantx
06-04-2012, 04:20 PM
My top suspicions

Jvig - could very well be silenced but he's only popped into vote.

Elvis? he's iffy with me just his pattern of voting and unvoting is kind of weird just something to note. I don't necessarily think he's bad at this point, but there can be a case made.

Cain - He's going after someone based off a gut feeling and telling everyone to follow suite. Seems like he's trying to take advantage of a indecisive town.

ncst8fan83
06-04-2012, 04:21 PM
lol what a cluster. did ANYONE gain ANY information during night number one? if not, it's a huge guessing game. i probably did jump the gun with the cigaro thing. I'm going to read over killswitch's list again and see if anything makes sense to me.

Unvote: lynch cigaro

BeerBaron
06-04-2012, 04:21 PM
Vote Count:

FlyingElvis (1) - Jensen
ncst8 (1) - TH
Brodeur (3) - CMD, FlyingElvis, killswitch
Cigaro (1) - Cain

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 04:24 PM
lol what a cluster. did ANYONE gain ANY information during night number one? if not, it's a huge guessing game. i probably did jump the gun with the cigaro thing. I'm going to read over killswitch's list again and see if anything makes sense to me.

Unvote: lynch cigaro

Well I'm sure the town has more night-actions than just what Gonzo had, so someone has info. But at this point, unless its extremely necessary to share, its probably best they didn't reveal themselves this early.

jrdrylie
06-04-2012, 04:28 PM
If we are going to be suspicious of jvig for being silent, we should probably add Vidae to the list. He has been posting elsewhere but hasn't posted in here since very early this morning. And unlike Jvig, Vidae is usually very talkative in these games. He has not been silenced, he has three posts in Day Two. I'd like to hear from him.

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 04:29 PM
If we are going to be suspicious of jvig for being silent, we should probably add Vidae to the list. He has been posting elsewhere but hasn't posted in here since very early this morning. And unlike Jvig, Vidae is usually very talkative in these games. He has not been silenced, he has three posts in Day Two. I'd like to hear from him.

Wasn't aware of that with vidae, but vidae not posting is more suspicious than jvig not posting, since that's apparently jvig's MO.

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 04:32 PM
vidae has posted ten times throughout the forum today, none in here since last night. There was some original suspicion of him early on day two, people didn't seem to think he was sincere in his reaction to Gonzo's death.

UKfan
06-04-2012, 04:32 PM
I really don't want to push an investigator forward, and if one doesn't have any good information then there is no need to come forward needlessly.... but if one has some good info it might be wise at this time to have one step forward, am sure we have enough unknown protectors to keep you safe, and it likely helps them too in knowing who to save. All I can think of right now, quite frankly intuition is usually the way to go but we just don't have enough to go on :(

Rob S
06-04-2012, 04:37 PM
I totally forgot Vidae was even in this game. Very strange gameplay by him.

TitanHope
06-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Sorry guys, I'm back awake now. I've upped my pain meds cause my back is acting up on me, so it messes with my sleep schedule something fierce. And I just wanna say that I love how McGee's love for me landed on Killswitch's suspicion list. :D

Also, if Jvig was silenced, then this is the most seemingly random mafia I've ever seen, cause the Gonzo kill doesn't really make much sense either. Why silence a guy who never posts anyway instead of someone more active? Why kill the only guy who had votes stick to him the previous day instead of someone in less danger of being lynched? Just seems strange to me.

SuperMcGee
06-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Not sure it was. It could have been innocent comments, but I think FE has slightly hinted at who he could be, and I don't think that person would be evil. Could be completely wrong, have only worked my way through 3/4 of the first season, but I'm not sure he's evil if I'm correct.

Yeah, those were the posts I was referring to. It's not something I feel so comfortable going off of, but it has removed him from the hot seat, for now.

BeerBaron
06-04-2012, 04:41 PM
Stepping out for an hour or so.

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 04:42 PM
Vote: vidae

This is just mostly to get him to talk. His absence from this thread is odd, since we know he hasn't been silenced and has been on the forum.

Rob S
06-04-2012, 04:42 PM
Sorry guys, I'm back awake now. I've upped my pain meds cause my back is acting up on me, so it messes with my sleep schedule something fierce. And I just wanna say that I love how McGee's love for me landed on Killswitch's suspicion list. :D

Also, if Jvig was silenced, then this is the most seemingly random mafia I've ever seen, cause the Gonzo kill doesn't really make much sense either. Why silence a guy who never posts anyway instead of someone more active? Why kill the only guy who had votes stick to him the previous day instead of someone in less danger of being lynched? Just seems strange to me.

Yeah, I'm not buying the silenced angle really. Brody, is there anyone in the BB Universe that you see being an exceptional fit for some reason?

ImBrotherCain
06-04-2012, 04:43 PM
Out to dinner will try to keep tabs as much as possible

Brodeur
06-04-2012, 04:47 PM
Yeah, I'm not buying the silenced angle really. Brody, is there anyone in the BB Universe that you see being an exceptional fit for some reason?

Shriek might be able to silence someone.

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 04:48 PM

Not Brody, but Shriek.

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 04:48 PM
Nevermind, Brody got it.

CJSchneider
06-04-2012, 04:50 PM
Shriek might be able to silence someone.

This is the type of on-the-spot knowledge I expect from you.

Todd Bertuzzi
06-04-2012, 04:51 PM

I feel like they silenced a guy who regularly lays low and is generally inactive in these because they knew the town would be indecisive on day 2 and they might be able to get a quick lynch train going against him for being inactive similar to what happened day 1 with Forenci. I have no idea if Jvig was silenced or not, but his posting habits earlier today caught my eye and lead me to believe there is more to his silence than just inactivity.

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 04:51 PM
Well if somebody was silenced, it has to be jvig, everyone else has posted today.

Todd Bertuzzi
06-04-2012, 04:52 PM
If we do in fact believe that Jvig has been silenced, Shane and bantx should be where we turn our attention since they made an attempt to get a quick lynch going against Jvig based on inactivity.

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 04:53 PM
If we do in fact believe that Jvig has been silenced, Shane and bantx should be where we turn our attention since they made an attempt to get a quick lynch going against Jvig based on inactivity.

Meh, we've just now been able to conclude that its likely that jvig is silenced. Their votes earlier struck me as trying to get jvig to simply come out and post, like what I'm doing with vidae. Could be trying to capitalize, but could be just testing the theory.

SuperMcGee
06-04-2012, 04:56 PM
And I just wanna say that I love how McGee's love for me landed on Killswitch's suspicion list. :D

I want to scream it from the top of Wayne Tower.

I'm putting myself out of commission soon for a while with a nap before hockey. I'm gonna get rustlin' if I don't get some sleep.

Todd Bertuzzi
06-04-2012, 04:57 PM
From Shriek's wiki...

The right-hand generator was a "sound masker", that is, a muting device that produced absolute silence by replaying the sound it captured out of sync, making the waves cancel each other out;[1]

http://dcanimated.wikia.com/wiki/Shriek