PDA

View Full Version : Batman Beyond Game Thread - Town Wins

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 05:00 PM
From Shriek's wiki...

http://dcanimated.wikia.com/wiki/Shriek

I just watched the episode last night, Shriek's fight with Batman is in complete silence. There's no doubt that he would be the one to fit the role, and that jvig would've been the one silenced if it was used yesterday. Whether or not BB actually included him isn't certain, but considering how perfect for that role he'd be, and we know BB has used that role, he's probably included. At the same time, like I was saying to CJ, we've deducted that Shriek would be the silencer, but we're no closer to knowing who that actual person is.

Todd Bertuzzi
06-04-2012, 05:00 PM
Meh, we've just now been able to conclude that its likely that jvig is silenced. Their votes earlier struck me as trying to get jvig to simply come out and post, like what I'm doing with vidae. Could be trying to capitalize, but could be just testing the theory.

Looking back, you could be right. Lot's of shady activity going on right now...can't say I really trust anyone at this point. This will be a tough decision on who to lynch.

CJSchneider
06-04-2012, 05:04 PM
I just watched the episode last night, Shriek's fight with Batman is in complete silence. There's no doubt that he would be the one to fit the role, and that jvig would've been the one silenced if it was used yesterday. Whether or not BB actually included him isn't certain, but considering how perfect for that role he'd be, and we know BB has used that role, he's probably included. At the same time, like I was saying to CJ, we've deducted that Shriek would be the silencer, but we're no closer to knowing who that actual person is.

I see what you are saying, but the more we know about characters the better we may be at catching someone in a lie.

bantx
06-04-2012, 05:05 PM
I just wanted him to speak up since I was posting with him in the xbox thread and E3 thread.

Rob S
06-04-2012, 05:07 PM
Wow, Shriek is like the most perfect silencer ever. Damn. This complicates matters quite a bit.

unvote: jvig

vote: CMD

I'll go with my gut here. I have been suspicious of him all along and I would feel more comfortable lynching CMD instead of Brody right now.

SuperMcGee
06-04-2012, 05:10 PM
Looking back, you could be right. Lot's of shady activity going on right now...can't say I really trust anyone at this point. This will be a tough decision on who to lynch.

Too early to really trust anyone, but there are people who make sense and people who are pretty sketchy. I think revisiting CMD/Brodie might be our best bet, for now.

Todd Bertuzzi
06-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Too early to really trust anyone, but there are people who make sense and people who are pretty sketchy. I think revisiting CMD/Brodie might be our best bet, for now.

Yeah if I had to choose right now it would be one of those two as well. I'll keep my vote on CMD since I got the vibe that he was evil and trying to play on the momentum of all the suspicions drawn on Brodeur yesterday.

CashmoneyDrew
06-04-2012, 05:16 PM
I'm not evil. You guys are falling hook, line, and sinker for Brodeur's playing dumb bit, that's for sure.

bantx
unvote: jvig

If we all decide to vote CMD seeing as we're getting no where I will vote but for now I'll wait.

Cigaro
With jvig cleared at least for today because of the silencer thing, and my personal belief that based on slight hints FE's character is good, I agree Brody/CMD are the best options to look at at this point.

bantx
06-04-2012, 05:17 PM
I'm not evil. You guys are falling hook, line, and sinker for Brodeur's playing dumb bit, that's for sure.

Do you have any info onto why you think brodie is evil other than he is playing different. You seem to be pretty confident.

BeerBaron
06-04-2012, 05:19 PM
Vote Count:

FlyingElvis (1) - Jensen
ncst8 (1) - TH
Brodeur (3) - CMD, FlyingElvis, killswitch
CMD (4) - Todd, JR, UKFan, Rob
Cigaro (1) - Cain
jvig (1) - Shane
vidae (1) - Cigaro

With 21 remaining, 11 are needed for majority.

Brodeur
06-04-2012, 05:19 PM

I'm not even deflecting attention to you. I'm just saying you have no basis for accusing me of anything, considering I act no different at all regardless of my role.

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 05:20 PM
...I still would like to hear from vidae...

CashmoneyDrew
06-04-2012, 05:20 PM
Do you have any info onto why you think brodie is evil other than he is playing different. You seem to be pretty confident.

I posted a lot of reasons earlier "today". He has the 2nd most posts in this thread, yet he's basically said nothing. He's a batman fanatic and has been playing dumb since jump street.

Brodeur
06-04-2012, 05:23 PM
I posted a lot of reasons earlier "today". He has the 2nd most posts in this thread, yet he's basically said nothing. He's a batman fanatic and has been playing dumb since jump street.

I've said I don't know AS much about Batman Beyond as Batman: TAS. Plus, I have answered every single question about characters that I can from memory.

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 05:24 PM
I don't really see not remembering a character as a reasonable suspicion, simply because I don't see how that would benefit Brody as a mafia player. Perhaps you can explain?

CashmoneyDrew
06-04-2012, 05:25 PM
I don't really see not remembering a character as a reasonable suspicion, simply because I don't see how that would benefit Brody as a mafia player. Perhaps you can explain?

The less information we have, the better off the mafia is.

CashmoneyDrew
06-04-2012, 05:26 PM
I've said I don't know AS much about Batman Beyond as Batman: TAS. Plus, I have answered every single question about characters that I can from memory.

Again, I'm not buying that at all. You were trying to get a movie special that is specific to this show included into the game in the sign-up thread.

Brodeur
06-04-2012, 05:26 PM

I've addressed that. I wouldn't avoid saying a character's name that I remember (and I've named every single one that I can) when it's so easy to look it up. I'm not that stupid.

Brodeur
06-04-2012, 05:27 PM
Again, I'm not buying that at all. You were trying to get a movie special that is specific to this show included into the game in the sign-up thread.

That's because I've seen Return of the Joker A LOT more than I've seen the show in general. Plus, it's based in the Batman: TAS reality more than anything.

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 05:28 PM

Brodeur isn't the only place we can get Batman information, so him lying and saying he doesn't remember would be pretty dumb. Also, even if we think its Inque, that really does benefit us that much(we're no closer to figuring out who the killer is), so Brodeur lying wouldn't even be for much good.

CJSchneider
06-04-2012, 05:28 PM
I have also come up short on finding the joker card.

jrdrylie
06-04-2012, 05:31 PM
We still need a bunch of people to vote. Only 12 out of 21 people have voted.

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 05:32 PM
Unvote: vidae
Vote: CMD

I don't really buy the whole 'he forgot so he's suspicious' reasoning, and as far as his activity, in the Wire, I remember Brody just popping in and following woot early on. He was an SK then, it seems if he were mafia he'd try and keep up the same game.

CJSchneider
06-04-2012, 05:34 PM
We still need a bunch of people to vote. Only 12 out of 21 people have voted.

I have yet to vote as I am not entirely sold on Brodeur or CMD. Jvig was the one I had been suspicious of.

CashmoneyDrew
06-04-2012, 05:34 PM
I'm willing to role reveal if you are Brody.

BeerBaron
06-04-2012, 05:35 PM
Vote Count:

FlyingElvis (1) - Jensen
ncst8 (1) - TH
CMD (5) - Todd, JR, UKFan, Rob, Cigaro
Cigaro (1) - Cain
jvig (1) - Shane

Brothgar
06-04-2012, 05:36 PM
I'm here now time to read.

Brothgar
06-04-2012, 05:37 PM
Did anyone find the Joker Card?

Brodeur
06-04-2012, 05:38 PM
I'm willing to role reveal if you are Brody.

Why do we need to role reveal on day 2? I hate role revealing period, as it accomplishes nothing. I don't have a particular power of note, but I'm useful enough that I can assist certain powers at be.

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 05:39 PM

No one's claimed it, BB hasn't said its been found.

CJSchneider

To the best of my knowledge, no.

jrdrylie

Nobody has claimed it yet and BB hasn't called off the search, so I assume not.

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 05:40 PM
Not sure how I feel about this role reveal offer. Could be sincere, could be a ploy to get Brody to reveal while CMD falsely claims something.

SuperMcGee
06-04-2012, 05:40 PM
I don't put much stock into Day 1 activity, but posting and voting as much as he did is not typical of Good Brodie, at any time. But I wouldn't be too suspicious if he's unwilling to roleclaim. That's just no fun.

...I still would like to hear from vidae...

I don't want to forget about this, but I doubt you're going to get much "draw him out" support at this time. So I ask him to be cool and join the party. (On that note, naptime for me)

SuperMcGee
06-04-2012, 05:42 PM
Waste not your time with the joker card. Focus on the game.

Finding a joker card might not be such a good thing, anyway.

Let's just say this was a correct assumption.

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 05:45 PM
The avatar....

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 05:46 PM
Gonna look through some more games, but Brodeur was good in HP and LOTR mafias, in both of those he cast votes/stated suspicions the first day.

CJSchneider
06-04-2012, 05:47 PM
Let's just say this was a correct assumption.

Why is your avy so serious?

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 06:09 PM
Well, we've passed the 24 hour mark...

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 06:10 PM

No we haven't was calculating from the lynch time, not the thread re-open time, my bad. 2.5 hours left.

bantx
06-04-2012, 06:11 PM

I guess this is the only way we can keep it from going to a RR

jrdrylie
06-04-2012, 06:11 PM

No, not quite. The first day ended 24 hours ago but we still have slightly over two hours until we hit the 24 hour mark of when BB posted the results of night one. Either way, we are up against the clock.

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 06:12 PM
No, not quite. The first day ended 24 hours ago but we still have slightly over two hours until we hit the 24 hour mark of when BB posted the results of night one. Either way, we are up against the clock.

Yeah, I realized I accidentally was counting from the lynch time instead of the thread re-open time. Little less than 2.5 hours to go.

Brodeur
06-04-2012, 06:14 PM
I don't want to lynch CMD, because I think he's just misguided.

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 06:15 PM
I don't want to lynch CMD, because I think he's just misguided.

Well, you must have some suspicions.

Brothgar
06-04-2012, 06:17 PM
From here I'm thinking either Brody or Jvig. But CMD is really convincing me here. Maybe because I was one of the last in the Wire game but he seemed to be very anti-role reveal in that game either. Not that I would blame him this early in the game. Jvig because usually when in doubt I go with Shane but at this point we can assume that one of either vidae or Jvig (or both) is laying low?

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 06:19 PM
From here I'm thinking either Brody or Jvig. But CMD is really convincing me here. Maybe because I was one of the last in the Wire game but he seemed to be very anti-role reveal in that game either. Not that I would blame him this early in the game. Jvig because usually when in doubt I go with Shane but at this point we can assume that one of either vidae or Jvig (or both) is laying low?

Perhaps you missed the silencer conversation, but there's a Batman Beyond character who would be a perfect fit for the silencer role, Jvig's the only poster not to have posted, so it appears that jvig may have been silenced. Don't want to lynch him because of that possibility. We can come back and see what's up tomorrow. Vidae though...

Brothgar
From here I'm thinking either Brody or Jvig. CMD is really convincing me here. Maybe because I was one of the last in the Wire game but he seemed to be very anti-role reveal in that game. Not that I would blame him this early in the game. Jvig because usually when in doubt I go with Shane but at this point we can assume that one of either vidae or Jvig (or both) is laying low?

Fixed to make it more readable.

Brodeur

I just said what my role is, more or less, without going into total specifics. And McGee was completely anti role reveal, just like I was, and he was an innocent citizen. It's just an annoying thing to do.

killxswitch
I don't know that CMD is good but I think there's plenty of odd behavior from Brod, which both CMD and I have outlined. And it looks to me like Cigaro is again deflecting attention from him.

CashmoneyDrew
When you guys lynch me, the town is going to be sooo screwed. You won't just lose me as a result unfortunately.

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 06:21 PM
When you guys lynch me, the town is going to be sooo screwed. You won't just lose me as a result unfortunately.

Why were you so eager to role reveal then? Seems like you'd want to avoid that as you're making yourself a mafia target.

Brodeur
06-04-2012, 06:22 PM
Except you're both stupid for misreading my anxiety as weird behavior, since for the billionth time I do not post based upon what my role is. I do not change my approach whatsoever, I just play as me. And I DID SAY WHAT MY ROLE IS, just not the exact name. Yeesh.

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 06:23 PM
Brodeur, if you don't think we should be lynching CMD, you should probably lay out any suspicions you have.

CashmoneyDrew
Because of the vast help I can be as long as I'm not lynched. I know I'm putting a target on my back for night actions, but I can receive the proper protection and be good. Also, notice how Brody didn't want to role reveal and played it off as lame.

Brodeur
Brodeur, if you don't think we should be lynching CMD, you should probably lay out any suspicions you have.

I think the best bet right now is killxswitch.

Todd Bertuzzi
06-04-2012, 06:24 PM

You were eager to role reveal just last page...

Brodeur
06-04-2012, 06:24 PM
Because of the vast help I can be as long as I'm not lynched. I know I'm putting a target on my back for night actions, but I can receive the proper protection and be good. Also, notice how Brody didn't want to role reveal and played it off as lame.

I ALWAYS DO THAT. It has nothing to do with my role, I just hate the practice and think it's stupid.

jrdrylie
06-04-2012, 06:25 PM

I'm not 100% sure what this means, but I was already leaning towards switching over to Vidae anyways,

Unvote CMD
Lynch Vidae

killxswitch
06-04-2012, 06:25 PM
Except you're both stupid for misreading my anxiety as weird behavior, since for the billionth time I do not post based upon what my role is. I do not change my approach whatsoever, I just play as me. And I DID SAY WHAT MY ROLE IS, just not the exact name. Yeesh.

You can keep saying that but it doesn't make it true.

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 06:26 PM

Still strikes me as an unnecessary risk to me, though. You weren't even at the halfway mark towards being lynched, and you already want to role reveal not only yourself, but Brodeur also, yet you claim to be extremely important for the town. Just saying, seems like it could be a plan to get Brodeur to reveal so the mafia will know whether he's worth going after, while you make up a false role that's 'extremely important' to the town.

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 06:28 PM
I'm not 100% sure what this means, but I was already leaning towards switching over to Vidae anyways,

Unvote CMD
Lynch Vidae

Yay!!!! Sadly my last foray left me apathetic, but perhaps people will actually look into vidae and I'll join you.

CashmoneyDrew
I'm up against a time limit here, not just votes.

Shane P. Hallam
I'm honestly tired of looking at the vocal minority and want to look at the quiet majority, but that's just me *shrug*

killxswitch
06-04-2012, 06:29 PM
We don't even have enough people active right now to achieve anything. This is going nowhere.

Shane P. Hallam
06-04-2012, 06:30 PM

Dude, BB hasn't said what would happen if the 24 limit is reached. I'd wait for him to say what the "drastic" measure is before being all willy nilly. He won't screw over the town in a whim.

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 06:31 PM

You still have two hours. I'm just having trouble buying such an early desire to role reveal when your role is supposed to be so important.

UKfan
I'm still not sold on CMD even now, so I am sticking there. I gotta head to sleep so I will catch up in the morninr.

Brodeur
Fine, I'll go along with Cigaro to force Vidae out of hiding. Shane's right about the silent majority at this point, since the most talkative guy was killed night one and I'm apparently a massive suspect while talking more than anyone now.

Vote: Vidae

Todd Bertuzzi
06-04-2012, 06:32 PM
I'm honestly tired of looking at the vocal minority and want to look at the quiet majority, but that's just me *shrug*

Who do you suggest then? I refuse to vote Jvig because I honestly believe he's been silenced and I would like to at least wait till tomorrow so we can know for sure. While we are looking into the quiet majority, you fall into that category as well. I know you're usually an early target in these games so you may be laying low as a survival attempt but I'd like to hear more from you, as well as others.

jrdrylie
Dude, BB hasn't said what would happen if the 24 limit is reached. I'd wait for him to say what the "drastic" measure is before being all willy nilly. He won't screw over the town in a whim.

He has before. Last game I played and he was the mod, about 30 minutes into the day, he says "Earthquake! Days Over!" and we went straight to the night.

Brothgar

I'd assume that it is a similar to what he had in the last game aka the zombie game. I'll look for it but I'll assume its that basically a Russian Roulette generator.

CashmoneyDrew
06-04-2012, 06:33 PM

I don't really have the luxury, or patience to leave my life in anyone else's hands. I saw him say he didn't mind forgoing the clock yesterday, but I haven't seen him say anything about that today.

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 06:33 PM
Unvote: CMD
Vote: vidae

I'm still suspicious of CMD and his role reveal attempt, but vidae was who I originally wanted to go after. This will make three votes, hopefully enough to start some actual conversation.

Todd Bertuzzi
06-04-2012, 06:34 PM
Lol voting vidae more will not increase the chances of him showing up and talking. He will show up when he shows up, no matter how many votes he has against him.

CashmoneyDrew
06-04-2012, 06:36 PM
You still have two hours. I'm just having trouble buying such an early desire to role reveal when your role is supposed to be so important.

Two hours isn't exactly a long time when no one is willing to post it seems, let alone post something actually to try and help the town.

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 06:37 PM
Lol voting vidae more will not increase the chances of him showing up and talking. He will show up when he shows up, no matter how many votes he has against him.

Maybe, maybe not, we'll see.

Brodeur
06-04-2012, 06:39 PM
Two hours isn't exactly a long time when no one is willing to post it seems, let alone post something actually to try and help the town.

But I don't want you to role reveal, nor do I want myself to role reveal at this point because it's day ******* two and I'd rather not get killed in the middle of the night this early.

Rob S
06-04-2012, 06:39 PM
This game kinda sucks right now......idk why nobody is talking.

Brothgar
06-04-2012, 06:40 PM
Whole town. I'm going to put the numbers from the first page (1-22) in a random number generator and that will be the order. Then I'm going to use a Russian roulette generator on them in order until someone is dead.

Using the whole town is...encouragement...to decide amongst yourselves.

That was from the Zombie game.

BeerBaron
06-04-2012, 06:48 PM
Vote Count:

FlyingElvis (1) - Jensen
ncst8 (1) - TH
CMD (4) - Todd, UKFan, Rob, Bantx
Cigaro (1) - Cain
jvig (1) - Shane
vidae (3) - JR, Brodeur, Cigaro

Brothgar
06-04-2012, 06:48 PM
Ok so instead of asking who is most likely evil why don't we find out who we learn the most from among our suspect list?

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 06:50 PM
The only person we learn information from I believe would be CMD, if he turns up evil. If he turns up evil, that should probably clear Brodeur. If he turns up good, then we learn nothing.

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 06:51 PM
Well actually, either Brodeur or CMD, if they turn up evil, should clear the other.

CashmoneyDrew
06-04-2012, 06:52 PM
The only person we learn information from I believe would be CMD, if he turns up evil. If he turns up evil, that should probably clear Brodeur. If he turns up good, then we learn nothing.

Be prepared for the worst then if I'm lynched.

Shane P. Hallam
06-04-2012, 06:53 PM
I'd assume that it is a similar to what he had in the last game aka the zombie game. I'll look for it but I'll assume its that basically a Russian Roulette generator.

Why are we making that assumption?

Todd Bertuzzi
06-04-2012, 06:54 PM
Heading out to watch the game and won't be back till late.

Brodeur
06-04-2012, 06:54 PM

Likewise, Drew. Well, I'm not all that powerful exactly but you won't get anywhere if I get killed.

BeerBaron
06-04-2012, 06:55 PM
Russian Roulette fit the zombie game theme a bit better. I won't say what will happen here, but if we get to 9:32pm and no one is lynched, you'll find out what is going to happen here.

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Well, little more than an hour and a half to decide.

Brothgar
06-04-2012, 06:57 PM
Why are we making that assumption?

Its the most educated guess that we have?

Shane P. Hallam
06-04-2012, 06:57 PM
I'd rather let BB handle this at this point or lynch Jvig, but that is me.

Shane P. Hallam
06-04-2012, 06:58 PM
Its the most educated guess that we have?

Brothing it up as usual!

Brothgar
06-04-2012, 06:58 PM
Bah never mind. Corrected.

Brothgar
06-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Well the way I see it. There are more of us then there are of them. If it goes to BB then we can assume that the whole town would be involved and that increases the chances of a towns person getting killed.

jrdrylie
06-04-2012, 07:11 PM
Brothing it up as usual!

I'm not sure why Jvig is a better lynch than Vidae.

Brodeur
06-04-2012, 07:11 PM
I'm not sure why Jvig is a better lynch than Vidae.

I just assumed jvig is silenced, based on what everyone is saying.

TitanHope
06-04-2012, 07:15 PM
I'm mixed on Drew. If he's a Lyncher or evil, then getting Brody lynched would fulfill his win condition, and getting rid of the guy with the most Batman knowledge would be important for the mafia. If he's good, then he's just misguided and is distracting us with an imaginary witch hunt, and cryptic role reveals are hard to buy into and he was really eager to do so despite allegedly being so impactful. Maybe Brodeur is evil, but I have no idea how anyone could be that certain based on how little there is to go on, and Brody hasn't struck me as being more suspicious than the next guy. Frankly, lynching a possible neutral or evil like him is worth taking the risk instead of someone else when you consider that the guy in question, while possibly good, could be a hindrance on the conversation, especially when we're under a time limit and have very little else to go on. And everyone else seems to have their own suspicions as well, and we're cutting it close. Meh, might as well go with someone we suspect and would learn something from over a random that could take out a protector or another investigator.

Unvote: ncst8fan

Vote: Drew

This doesn't mean I've changed my opinion on ncst8fan being evil. On three separate occasions, he's asked or suggested an investigator reveal himself, and in one attempt, set FlyingElvis up to be framed by suggesting an investigator target him. But that seems like a futile effort considering the state of the game.

I don't want to hit a RR, though. That's a bad move for the town just going on odds and is a horrible suggestion. If we hit the time limit and BB decides to lynch the one with the most votes instead of going to a RR, then that'd be better and I'd prefer that person to be Drew over Vidae and Brodeur.

PLUS HE KILLED ME IN THE DBZ GAME! </3

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 07:19 PM
Unvote: vidae

Well Todd was right, vidae still a no show. I would rather avoid whatever nefarious plan BB has prepared, so I'll change back, again. I don't really think vidae's evil per se, as even when he's evil he posts regularly, but I wanted to hear from him, but to no avail.

CashmoneyDrew
06-04-2012, 07:23 PM
After I'm lynched, whomever has investigative actions should look into Brody, Rob, and TH. TH mainly because of this statement that stuck out to me...

Curious that there was only one kill, but I'll take not being further punched in the gut.

Why is it curious TH? Almost sounds like you know that maybe another death was planned to happen but was thwarted and you're disappointed.

Rob S
06-04-2012, 07:26 PM

I hate these ******** threats. If you are good, just tell us what you can do at this point and if you are critical to the survival of the town, maybe we can protect you. Saying "you'll be sorry" is just terrible play all around. If your mafia, it makes the town even more likely to kill you. If you are town, it makes you a big time mafia target because they know you have a power, but likely wont be protected due to eliciting some suspicion.

vidae
06-04-2012, 07:29 PM
I've been here the entire time but I don't respond to threats. Voting for me won't cause me to "jump out to defend myself" like some. I'm more than active enough in these games so that falls way short of being a credible threat to me.

I'm not evil, I'm good, and I am beneficial to the town. You can believe me or you can choose to not believe me, but that isn't going to change that it's the truth.

I am valuable to the town but if you have to pick someone go right ahead.

Rob S
06-04-2012, 07:30 PM
I think CMD could be a mafia hunter? Idk......him pressing for Brody to reveal coupled with all of these cryptic "you'll be sorry" posts don't sit well with me. If you are good and important, you are already out in the open.....just be totally honest.....I don't get how you are playing this if you are town aligned.

Rob S
06-04-2012, 07:30 PM
I've been here the entire time but I don't respond to threats. Voting for me won't cause me to "jump out to defend myself" like some. I'm more than active enough in these games so that falls way short of being a credible threat to me.

I'm not evil, I'm good, and I am beneficial to the town. You can believe me or you can choose to not believe me, but that isn't going to change that it's the truth.

Well, we would like your input. You are a good player after all and claim to want to help the town, so help us!

Brodeur
06-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Unvote: Vidae

vidae
06-04-2012, 07:32 PM
If I had to pick one person right now, it would be CMD. His posts are suspicious and I haven't played a lot with him but I would call this a deviation from the way he usually plays. The only reason for these kinds of changes is a massive change in your outlook, ie, winning for yourself or for a smaller group of people.

I have no credible proof but that is who I'm leaning right now.

vidae
06-04-2012, 07:34 PM
And for the record, I am generally against role revealing too as I think it cheapens the game a bit.

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 07:35 PM
I can buy into the hunter theory. Makes perfect sense.

jrdrylie
06-04-2012, 07:37 PM
Unovte Vidae
Lynch CashMoneyDrew

CashmoneyDrew
06-04-2012, 07:37 PM
I can buy into the hunter theory. Makes perfect sense.

I'm not a hunter, or a lyncher. I'm good. Not bad, not a townie, I'm good.

BeerBaron
06-04-2012, 07:40 PM
Vote Count:

FlyingElvis (1) - Jensen
CMD (7) - Todd, UKFan, Rob, Bantx, TH, Cigaro, JR
Cigaro (1) - Cain
jvig (1) - Shane

vidae
06-04-2012, 07:40 PM
I'm just not buyin what CMD is sellin right now.

vote : CMD

Shane P. Hallam
06-04-2012, 07:41 PM

You are the one who wants a role reveal, you might as well do it before you get the ax, especially if you are going to help the town.

And if people think Jvig is silenced, then what is Caddy? Just not doing anything? Sorry, the people just sitting under the radar to make everyone believe something is not a plan I am down for rewarding with keeping them around.

BeerBaron
Vote Count:

FlyingElvis (1) - Jensen
CMD (8) - Todd, UKFan, Rob, Bantx, TH, Cigaro, JR, vidae
Cigaro (1) - Cain
jvig (1) - Shane

Rob S
And for the record, I am generally against role revealing too as I think it cheapens the game a bit.

Agreed to a certain extent......cops/watchers obviously have to do so at a point. That said, I also hate vague allusions to a powerful good role and saying "you'll be sorry if you kill me" even more than a straight reveal.

Shane P. Hallam
Didn't mean to quote vidae in my post above, sorry.

vidae
06-04-2012, 07:42 PM
You are the one who wants a role reveal, you might as well do it before you get the ax, especially if you are going to help the town.

And if people think Jvig is silenced, then what is Caddy? Just not doing anything? Sorry, the people just sitting under the radar to make everyone believe something is not a plan I am down for rewarding with keeping them around.

I agree. I find it hard to believe that someone is silenced. That isn't a role we've seen in many of these games so it's hard for me to believe it. If someone isn't posting they're probably just not active.

CashmoneyDrew
06-04-2012, 07:42 PM
Go ahead and kill a bodyguard. Looks like the town is well on its way to losing anyways.

Rob S
06-04-2012, 07:43 PM

I second the Caddy thing. I'm sure he could just be flying under the radar trying not to die early for the umpteenth time. Then again though, he could be the one killing us.

vidae
Agreed to a certain extent......cops/watchers obviously have to do so at a point. That said, I also hate vague allusions to a powerful good role and saying "you'll be sorry if you kill me" even more than a straight reveal.

Don't get me wrong, I hate that almost as much as the "in case there is a lie detector blah blah" crap, but I hate role revealing the most.

Rob S
Go ahead and kill a bodyguard. Looks like the town is well on its way to losing anyways.

This does not compute with your earlier statement of you not being the only one to go down if we kill you.

vidae
06-04-2012, 07:44 PM

It's kind of funny that people always claim to be Bodyguards / Protectors. Out of everything that can be claimed, it's ALWAYS that one.

Rob S

You got some splainin' to do, CMD. The above implies you were twinned or are a hunter.

vidae
I have to head out for about an hour. I'll try to be quicker than that and I'll try to check from my phone, but no guarantees.

CashmoneyDrew
06-04-2012, 07:45 PM
I'm not being a smartass. Go ahead and kill me.

To the townies that are either too dumb, or too cowardly to stand up right now just remember to look into the three people I ask you to.

Rob S
06-04-2012, 07:46 PM
Let's get him, guys....

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-spd8_eufZcM/TztDM7OMfVI/AAAAAAAAA7k/iL38MyV_Xko/s1600/simpsons%2Bmob.jpg

ncst8fan83
06-04-2012, 07:47 PM

Does not compute.

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 07:47 PM
Roughly 45 minutes out from the 24 hour limit.

Rob S
06-04-2012, 07:48 PM

I was pagetrapped unfortunately......

"You got some splainin' to do, CMD. The above implies you were twinned or are a hunter."

Rob S
06-04-2012, 07:48 PM
Does not compute.

He meant vanilla townie.....I dont see a problem with that. I have a problem with the post I quoted, however.

CashmoneyDrew
06-04-2012, 07:50 PM
I'm a triggered bodyguard. I really would have preferred to leave that part out, but I guess you guys don't wanna put two and two together.

jrdrylie
06-04-2012, 07:51 PM
He meant vanilla townie.....I dont see a problem with that. I have a problem with the post I quoted, however.

Yeah, he definitely implied something more than a bodyguard. A hunter would kill somebody upon being lynched. And he could also be tied to someone who would commit suicide if he dies (a guess that's what you mean by twin, I've never seen that role before). But bodyguard? It doesn't add up.

Rob S
06-04-2012, 07:51 PM
I'm a triggered bodyguard. I really would have preferred to leave that part out, but I guess you guys don't wanna put two and two together.

See, this would make me less apt to lynch you, but why would it matter if you left it out or not? That makes no sense.

Rob S
06-04-2012, 07:52 PM
Also, just bc you are triggered doesnt mean that someone automatically dies without you.

Brodeur
06-04-2012, 07:53 PM
I assume it means if someone tries to attack Wayne or McGinnis, he is triggered into action. Which does make some sense. Ace the dog could work for that.

Rob S
06-04-2012, 07:54 PM
I assume it means if someone tries to attack Wayne or McGinnis, he is triggered into action. Which does make some sense.

Yeah, thats what I assumed. Leaving that out didn't benefit him at all though and his claim of someone else dying due to his death is still absolutely a stretch. If he is a triggered bodyguard, he has played terribly.

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 07:55 PM
Wait, so he claimed to be a protector, but he role revealed because he felt a protector would protect him?

Rob S
06-04-2012, 07:56 PM
Wait, so he claimed to be a protector, but he role revealed because he felt a protector would protect him?

Yeah, he is flailing. If he is indeed a triggered bodyguard his gameplay has been extremely bad.

Brodeur
06-04-2012, 07:57 PM
If he is Ace the dog, which is what makes the most sense, he has played really, really badly. His sole purpose is to keep McGinnis/Wayne alive under these circumstances, not outright attack someone.

FlyingElvis
06-04-2012, 07:57 PM
I'm mixed on Drew. If he's a Lyncher or evil, then getting Brody lynched would fulfill his win condition, and getting rid of the guy with the most Batman knowledge would be important for the mafia. If he's good, then he's just misguided and is distracting us with an imaginary witch hunt, and cryptic role reveals are hard to buy into and he was really eager to do so despite allegedly being so impactful. Maybe Brodeur is evil, but I have no idea how anyone could be that certain based on how little there is to go on, and Brody hasn't struck me as being more suspicious than the next guy. Frankly, lynching a possible neutral or evil like him is worth taking the risk instead of someone else when you consider that the guy in question, while possibly good, could be a hindrance on the conversation, especially when we're under a time limit and have very little else to go on. And everyone else seems to have their own suspicions as well, and we're cutting it close. Meh, might as well go with someone we suspect and would learn something from over a random that could take out a protector or another investigator.

Unvote: ncst8fan

Vote: Drew

This doesn't mean I've changed my opinion on ncst8fan being evil. On three separate occasions, he's asked or suggested an investigator reveal himself, and in one attempt, set FlyingElvis up to be framed by suggesting an investigator target him. But that seems like a futile effort considering the state of the game.

I don't want to hit a RR, though. That's a bad move for the town just going on odds and is a horrible suggestion. If we hit the time limit and BB decides to lynch the one with the most votes instead of going to a RR, then that'd be better and I'd prefer that person to be Drew over Vidae and Brodeur.

PLUS HE KILLED ME IN THE DBZ GAME! </3

I had left this train of thought alone for the time being, but since you've touched on something I was thinking, I'll expand it a bit. When I said "interesting" to Rob claiming the same role and unvoted, I was thinking it would be a pretty smart play for a mafia. Call one of your own out and them claim similar roles and remove the vote. No concern for being "aligned" with each other (the downfall of Rob's crew in The Wire) and only a quick vote that's removed. Plus, it has the effect of making people think twice about voting for two role claimers.

So much for being a vanilla townie, eh?

CashmoneyDrew
06-04-2012, 07:58 PM
I might not have played a great game so far, but I haven't exactly received the best help from the rest of the town up to this point. It doesn't help that none of you seem to pick up on subtlety either.

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 07:59 PM
I might not have played a great game so far, but I haven't exactly received the best help from the rest of the town up to this point. It doesn't help that none of you seem to pick up on subtlety either.

Not receiving the best help is not an excuse for role revealing at 5 votes, when 11 are required.

CashmoneyDrew
06-04-2012, 08:02 PM
My role revealing is not only going to save my life tonight, but also someone else's.

Rob S
06-04-2012, 08:04 PM
I had left this train of thought alone for the time being, but since you've touched on something I was thinking, I'll expand it a bit. When I said "interesting" to Rob claiming the same role and unvoted, I was thinking it would be a pretty smart play for a mafia. Call one of your own out and them claim similar roles and remove the vote. No concern for being "aligned" with each other (the downfall of Rob's crew in The Wire) and only a quick vote that's removed. Plus, it has the effect of making people think twice about voting for two role claimers.

That would be a viable strategy and I get the line of thinking. I am good though and was being totally honest with my role.

Honestly, a person in my role is the type of person I would want to lynch in other games if I was stuck on suspects because worst case scenario, a good guy gets a transformation, so I see why people would do it. That said, I think I am one of the most experienced players left and can contribute more than most despite, for all intents and purposes, not having any special powers.

jrdrylie
06-04-2012, 08:04 PM
So much for being a vanilla townie, eh?

Did Vidae claim to be a vanilla townie earlier?

Rob S
06-04-2012, 08:05 PM
My role revealing is not only going to save my life tonight, but also someone else's.

Explain. Seriously, you have no reason to hide anything right now. As long as it won't result in a modkill, go for it and actually make us believe you if you can help this town.

CashmoneyDrew
06-04-2012, 08:06 PM
I had to save Bruce Wayne last night.

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 08:09 PM
~25 minutes less. Perhaps BB will give us a short extension.

Cigaro
06-04-2012, 08:10 PM
If you had to save Bruce Wayne, shouldn't you be dead?

BeerBaron
06-04-2012, 08:10 PM
I suppose that as long as this level of activity keeps up, I can allow a short extension.

jrdrylie
06-04-2012, 08:11 PM

Sorry, I'm not buying it. A bodyguard dies in place of the person they protect. Seeing as you are not dead, I have trouble believing it.

Rob S

So what you're telling us is that at best now you are useless? There is no way you would have multiple triggers rendering Bruce unkillable.

Also, more interestingly, bodyguards die in place of the target when that person is attacked. Barring a change to the role by BB, this reeks of BS.

CashmoneyDrew
Bodyguards don't automatically die if they have to protect someone.

Rob S
06-04-2012, 08:12 PM
Come on people.....kill CMD already here if you haven't done so. Are people just not around?

Cigaro

Usually yes, they do.

Rob S

So you have an unlimited triggered bodyguard role, but you don't die?

FlyingElvis
06-04-2012, 08:13 PM
Did Vidae claim to be a vanilla townie earlier?

He did. But he also followed it with a j/k lol not vanilla post.

Rob S
06-04-2012, 08:14 PM
mafiascum link is ******* up......just google it.

So, yeah, bodyguards do die barring a change by BB to the role.

jrdrylie

Maybe not, but BB posted in the sign up thread the definition of a body guard for killswitch's edification. He said they die in the place of the person they are protecting if that person is targeted. I can't imagine BB typing that and then changing it that quickly.

Cigaro
Maybe not, but BB posted in the sign up thread the definition of a body guard for killswitch's edification. He said they die in the place of the person they are protecting if that person is targeted. I can't imagine BB typing that and then changing it that quickly.

That should solve it then.

Brothgar
06-04-2012, 08:15 PM
That stiches that
Lynch CMD

CashmoneyDrew
06-04-2012, 08:15 PM
Seriously, just go for Brody, TH, and Rob when this stupidity comes to an end. They're obviously evil.

BeerBaron
06-04-2012, 08:16 PM
Vote Count:

FlyingElvis (1) - Jensen
CMD (9) - Todd, UKFan, Rob, Bantx, TH, Cigaro, JR, vidae, broth
Cigaro (1) - Cain
jvig (1) - Shane

FlyingElvis
06-04-2012, 08:17 PM
I still think Broduer is playing dumb and it's lynch worthy. But the bodyguard conversation is about the closest thing I've ever seen to the Keystone Cop version of mafiascum.

Unvote: Brody

Lynch: CMD

CashmoneyDrew
06-04-2012, 08:18 PM
Sorry Bruce.

:(

BeerBaron
Vote Count:

FlyingElvis (1) - Jensen
Brodeur (2) - CMD, killswitch
CMD (10) - Todd, UKFan, Rob, Bantx, TH, Cigaro, JR, vidae, broth, FlyingElvis
Cigaro (1) - Cain
jvig (1) - Shane

Brodeur
Seriously, just go for Brody, TH, and Rob when this stupidity comes to an end. They're obviously evil.

I literally JUST tried to defend you with a reasonable explanation, and you still go after me based on absolutely nothing. Jesus...

Rob S
Brody and I have wrestling and NBA to watch.......get this done.

BeerBaron
06-04-2012, 08:19 PM
Vote Count:

FlyingElvis (1) - Jensen
CMD (11) - Todd, UKFan, Rob, Bantx, TH, Cigaro, JR, vidae, broth, FlyingElvis, Brody
Cigaro (1) - Cain
jvig (1) - Shane

FlyingElvis
06-04-2012, 08:20 PM
Interesting . . . vote modifiers, then?

Rob S
06-04-2012, 08:21 PM
Veryyyyy interesting.

BeerBaron
06-04-2012, 08:22 PM
FINAL Vote Count:

FlyingElvis (1) - Jensen
CMD (11) - Todd, UKFan, Rob, Bantx, TH, Cigaro, JR, vidae, broth, FlyingElvis, Brody
Cigaro (1) - Cain
jvig (1) - Shane

Sorry, was spacing out.

BeerBaron
06-04-2012, 08:28 PM
With the day nearly at an end, enough votes finally came through against CMD.

Luckily, he didn't snap or bite at Gotham Animal Control who came to take him away. He will be taken to the animal pound inside Arkham Asylum for evaluation.

http://i.imgur.com/iEW1z.jpg
CashMoneyDrew - Ace the Bathound - 2-Shot Triggered Protector - Has been Lynched.

Night 2 has begun. Send in your actions ASAP. If you aren't using yours, please let me know.

BeerBaron
06-05-2012, 07:17 AM
As the sun rises over a new day in Gotham City, the residents got their first good news of the week.

Chained to a pillar outside of the Gotham police station was the notorious anarchist "Mad Stan" Brodeur. He bore the tell tale signs of battle and his hands were bound with a pair of handcuffs prominently displaying the emblem of a bat. He will be taken into custody at Arkham Asylum for psychological treatment.

MduM0SCXlqM
(Embedding has been disabled but seriously, this is one of my favorite scenes from the show, so watch it on Youtube.)
http://i.imgur.com/hrP0f.jpg
Brodeur - "Mad Stan" - Bulletproof Serial-Killer - Has been Arrested.

But not all was well in the city. The police rushed to the home of the McGinnis family. Already struck by the tragedy of losing their father, Warren, it looks as though they've been struck again.

Rob S, mother of two, was found dead in her home. It appears as though she were bludgeoned to death by a blunt weapon.

http://i.imgur.com/6awhH.jpg
Rob S - Mary McGinnis - Batman Trigger - Has been killed.
Batman is going to be PISSED about this...his resolve for fighting crime will only get stronger.

Day 3 has begun. With 18 remaining, 10 are needed for majority.

killxswitch
06-05-2012, 07:36 AM
I told you mother****ers Brod was bad. Glad somebody got him. Kind of sucks to lose Rob and thin our numbers but maybe the triggered power will even things out.

UKfan
06-05-2012, 07:47 AM
Let's hope so hey?

ImBrotherCain
06-05-2012, 07:54 AM
Well... I was right about Brody.

I still think Cigaro is bad and as the numbers dwindle my odds of being right are only increasing.

UKfan
06-05-2012, 08:14 AM
Vote: Shane

ImBrotherCain
06-05-2012, 08:21 AM
Elaborate UK?

UKfan
06-05-2012, 08:23 AM
Shane's usually a lot more talkative than he has been so far, want to get him talking

ImBrotherCain
06-05-2012, 08:25 AM
Shane's usually a lot more talkative than he has been so far, want to get him talking

Okay didn't know if you had evidence. Also didn't want to start a lynch train so soon if possible.

UKfan
06-05-2012, 08:26 AM
Nah I understand that, I have no new evidence just wanted to get something going

BeerBaron
06-05-2012, 08:46 AM
Vote Count:

Shane (1) - UKFan

With 18 remaining, 10 are needed for majority.

FlyingElvis
06-05-2012, 08:54 AM
WTF was that damn dog thinking yesterday?? :facepalm:

Pissed at myself for changing my vote from Brody. But I'll be damned if everything about the way CMD played that wasn't backwards.

ImBrotherCain
06-05-2012, 08:56 AM
Cigaro is my main target but right now Caddy and Jvig are too quiet.

I think Caddy should be a major target right now.

killxswitch
06-05-2012, 08:57 AM

So let's examine this quote. CMD was right about Brodeur, but wrong about Rob. Lynching Rob would've been a complete waste, at least his death powers up Batman. Is there anything there worth pursuing with TH?

FlyingElvis
06-05-2012, 08:59 AM
Cigaro is my main target but right now Caddy and Jvig are too quiet.

I think Caddy should be a major target right now.

Well, I feel like we need a head cheerleader, so I'll back you for now. Be warned though, my fellow Gothamites have been fickle about my support so far.

Vote: Cigaro

killxswitch
06-05-2012, 09:04 AM
Cigaro was quick to push CMD off the cliff yesterday.

In looking back through CMD's posts he suspects TH because of TH's comment about there only being 1 kill the first night. Because apparently somebody tried to kill Bruce Wayne and was blocked by CMD. So CMD's inference is that TH either tried to kill BW or knew that someone else was going to. I wish I'd picked up on that sooner.

BeerBaron
06-05-2012, 09:08 AM
Vote Count:

Shane (1) - UKFan
Cigaro (1) - FlyingElvis

FlyingElvis
06-05-2012, 09:09 AM
So let's examine this quote. CMD was right about Brodeur, but wrong about Rob. Lynching Rob would've been a complete waste, at least his death powers up Batman. Is there anything there worth pursuing with TH?
It does lend credence to ncst8's role claim.

Cigaro was quick to push CMD off the cliff yesterday.

In looking back through CMD's posts he suspects TH because of TH's comment about there only being 1 kill the first night. Because apparently somebody tried to kill Bruce Wayne and was blocked by CMD. So CMD's inference is that TH either tried to kill BW or knew that someone else was going to. I wish I'd picked up on that sooner.

I'm not sold on that alone. A one kill night is surprising, tbh. The fact that TH remarked on that isn't exactly lynch worthy.

killxswitch
06-05-2012, 09:13 AM
I'm not sold on that alone. A one kill night is surprising, tbh. The fact that TH remarked on that isn't exactly lynch worthy.

I don't disagree with that. But it is something to keep in mind. I have been semi-suspicious of Cigaro since day 1 and might jump on a lynch train for him but I am not 100% convinced he is mafia yet.

ImBrotherCain
06-05-2012, 09:16 AM
I don't disagree with that. But it is something to keep in mind. I have been semi-suspicious of Cigaro since day 1 and might jump on a lynch train for him but I am not 100% convinced he is mafia yet.

That's the tough part about this game... You will never be able to be 100% sure someone is evil. Even with information it can be tampered with or someone can be a false investigator.

All I know is right now my spider sense is tingling and it is focused at Cigaro.

Shane P. Hallam
06-05-2012, 09:19 AM
Nah I understand that, I have no new evidence just wanted to get something going

Not sure what you want from me. I've shared my thoughts when I had them. I'd like to live and help this town

Anyway, as dumb as CMD was, I think he may have been onto something with TH. It is a bit surprising there was only one death, but it generally isn't something someone will share. I feel like it could have been a slip-up.

I can buy it and can get TH talking.

I'm still suspicious of Jvig and Caddy as well.

Vote: TitanHope

BeerBaron
06-05-2012, 09:20 AM
Vote Count:

Shane (1) - UKFan
Cigaro (1) - FlyingElvis
TH (1) - Shane

UKfan
06-05-2012, 09:22 AM
Unvote: Shane

You were just a name that I threw out there as you seemed quieter than normal, it's all good in the hood.

That said, TH does seem the best we have right now

Vote: TH

BeerBaron
06-05-2012, 09:23 AM
Vote Count:

Cigaro (1) - FlyingElvis
TH (2) - Shane, UKFan

Cigaro
06-05-2012, 09:31 AM
TH is interesting. CMD may have been onto something whenever he mentioned his name. I'll have to think about it more, but he's certainly a possibility.

Caddy only has like four posts, three are gifs, that's unusual, don't know what to make of him. The person I want to hear the most from though is jvig. Mostly just to hear anything from him. He got a stay yesterday because the town believed he was silenced, but I doubt that'd be the case today.

FlyingElvis
06-05-2012, 09:35 AM
Jvig just gets a pass at this point, as far as I'm concerned. With several players claiming they believed that was the case and we should "wait and lynch tomorrow" it would be an easy decision for Shriek to target him again.

Outlining a town plan for the scum to see is just foolish. Even a highschool girl could see that.

Brothgar
06-05-2012, 09:47 AM
Holy hell! Brody pulled SK twice?

Brothgar
06-05-2012, 09:49 AM
Jvig just gets a pass at this point, as far as I'm concerned. With several players claiming they believed that was the case and we should "wait and lynch tomorrow" it would be an easy decision for Shriek to target him again.

Outlining a town plan for the scum to see is just foolish. Even a highschool girl could see that.

Why are we assuming shriek has a silencing ability? Does he have no other abilities?

Cigaro
06-05-2012, 09:50 AM
Why are we assuming shriek has a silencing ability? Does he have no other abilities?

That was literally Shriek's main ability, sound manipulation.

bantx
06-05-2012, 09:51 AM
Brodie using the same role claiming is a ****** way to play the game as a way to buy some time for him. Should've known he was playing awfully different and my vote for go for jvig today if he doesn't speak in the next few hours.

bantx
06-05-2012, 09:52 AM
And also I guess rob was telling the truth about his role which makes me think if NC is telling the truth, it'd be a hell of a claim at such an early part of the game, but I can't think of anyone else's death that will trigger someone else.

FlyingElvis
06-05-2012, 09:53 AM

I wasn't on that particular train. I understand the connection, but I'm not sure why people made the jump to "that's why Jvig isn't posting." In fact, I found it odd that one person even went so far as to claim Jvig would definitely have been the target. I'll go look that up before I forget.

Todd Bertuzzi
06-05-2012, 09:57 AM
I'll be gone for most of the afternoon so I apologize for my inactivity today.

Shane and vidae have both been laying a little too low for my liking. I understand they have become easy targets early on but I don't really see that as an excuse so it's something to keep an eye on.

I'm not buying the TH aspect. Someone tried to kill Bruce Wayne but CMD would have no idea who it is. TH remarking how there was only one kill is hardly incriminating evidence as I'm sure he wasn't the only one who found it odd.

Cigaro has been shady, but I am always almost suspicious of him based on his playing style and I'm not sold on him being mafia yet.

Time for Jvig to come out and play. Caddy too, I suppose. I don't think Shriek would have the ability to silence every night, maybe it's a one shot thing and he has other abilities now, not sure but reading his wiki makes me think that could be the case.

Brothgar
06-05-2012, 09:58 AM
That was literally Shriek's main ability, sound manipulation.

Fair enough. I don't really know much about batman beyond.

ImBrotherCain
06-05-2012, 09:59 AM
I am going with my hunch...

Cigaro

I wasn't on that particular train. I understand the connection, but I'm not sure why people made the jump to "that's why Jvig isn't posting." In fact, I found it odd that one person even went so far as to claim Jvig would definitely have been the target. I'll go look that up before I forget.

I don't really understand these two posts. In the first, you say jvig should get a pass because he was silenced. In the second, you say you don't really believe jvig has been silenced. What?

BeerBaron
Vote Count:

Cigaro (2) - FlyingElvis, Cain
TH (2) - Shane, UKFan

FlyingElvis
06-05-2012, 10:02 AM

Curious. I thought it odd at the time and now feel like I should have called attention to it. It may have turned the tide a bit from the lunacy of CMD, though nothing could have saved him, imo.

Jvig is barely involved and hasn't said anything that I think would make him the clear target Cigaro seems to believe he was. Can you say "cahoots," kids?

Time for Jvig to come out and play. Caddy too, I suppose. I don't think Shriek would have the ability to silence every night, maybe it's a one shot thing and he has other abilities now, not sure but reading his wiki makes me think that could be the case.

Why would we want to believe it's a one-time ability? That makes zero sense. So a bad guy with a one-shot silencer uses it on night one against a player with few posts to go on? You're on the list, buddy.

Cigaro
06-05-2012, 10:03 AM
Curious. I thought it odd at the time and now feel like I should have called attention to it. It may have turned the tide a bit from the lunacy of CMD, though nothing could have saved him, imo.

Jvig is barely involved and hasn't said anything that I think would make him the clear target Cigaro seems to believe he was. Can you say "cahoots," kids?

jvig would have been the one silenced yesterday. Everyone else posted. It could have been no one but jvig.

Todd Bertuzzi
06-05-2012, 10:03 AM
It looks like Batman has the ability to kill(arrest) at night which is huge. Probably a limited ability to make things fair but getting Brodeur out of the way and bringing it down to one kill a night is still huge. Looks like Rob was killed the same way that Gonzo was.

killxswitch
06-05-2012, 10:04 AM
I am going with my hunch...

I'll go with your hunch. TH is odd but I don't think he's lynchworthy yet.

FlyingElvis
06-05-2012, 10:05 AM
I don't really understand these two posts. In the first, you say jvig should get a pass because he was silenced. In the second, you say you don't really believe jvig has been silenced. What?

My posts are very clear, regardless of how you try to manilpulate my words.

I absolutely do not state I believe he was silenced. I don't know if he was or not and simply state that others claimed he may have been. I go on to state that it's clearly stupid to assume he wouldn't be silenced twice (if he was at all) since the town outlined a "lynch him if he doesn't speak tomorrow" type plan.

Cigaro
Like I said yesterday;

Well if somebody was silenced, it has to be jvig, everyone else has posted today.

BeerBaron
Vote Count:

Cigaro (3) - FlyingElvis, Cain, killswitch
TH (2) - Shane, UKFan

bantx
06-05-2012, 10:06 AM

Why would we want to believe it's a one-time ability? That makes zero sense. So a bad guy with a one-shot silencer uses it on night one against a player with few posts to go on? You're on the list, buddy.

I would guess it's a every other night time of action, silencing someone through out the whole game just seems like a one sided power.

vidae
06-05-2012, 10:07 AM
Yeah I'm not entirely sure we can trust Cigaro at this point. Call it a hunch but I think he has been trying to steer us in the wrong direction this entire time.

SuperMcGee
06-05-2012, 10:08 AM

Silencing the same person more than once in a game should absolutely not be allowed.

ImBrotherCain
Yeah I'm not entirely sure we can trust Cigaro at this point. Call it a hunch but I think he has been trying to steer us in the wrong direction this entire time.

Compound that with the fact that his has continually tried to divert the attention away from himself for the past two days.

Todd Bertuzzi

It was just a theory I was throwing out there. Reading Shriek's wiki page it looked like he may have a bunch different abilities listed at the bottom. Seems like the type of character that may have a 1x silence, 1 x unblockable kill and 1 x roleblock or something along those lines with a bunch of different abilities. Just a thought but hopefully we'll know soon enough if someone has been silenced today. The strategy behind using it night one would be to try and lead a quick lynch against an inactive like Jvig, ala what happened to Forenci day 1, before anyone even picked up on the fact he was silenced.

bantx
06-05-2012, 10:09 AM
The fact that Elvis is making up an alibi for jvig is a bit concerning. Someone who hasn't posted only for votes you seem to be sticking your neck out and making claims for him quite a bit.

bantx
06-05-2012, 10:11 AM
It was just a theory I was throwing out there. Reading Shriek's wiki page it looked like he may have a bunch different abilities listed at the bottom. Seems like the type of character that may have a 1x silence, 1 x unblockable kill and 1 x roleblock or something along those lines with a bunch of different abilities. Just a thought but hopefully we'll know soon enough if someone has been silenced today. The strategy behind using it night one would be to try and lead a quick lynch against an inactive like Jvig, ala what happened to Forenci day 1, before anyone even picked up on the fact he was silenced.

Was it stated somewhere that forenci was silenced? I don't think I remember seeing it.

SuperMcGee
06-05-2012, 10:11 AM
Brodie using the same role claiming is a ****** way to play the game as a way to buy some time for him. Should've known he was playing awfully different and my vote for go for jvig today if he doesn't speak in the next few hours.

It is still kind of lame, but it's fun that he ended up as the SK both times.

Todd Bertuzzi
06-05-2012, 10:12 AM
Heading out for the afternoon. Hopefully we hear from Caddy and Jvig today. I urge everyone to take a close look at Shane and vidae. I was spot on with Brodeur and again I have the feeling something's just not right with how they're approaching everything.

FlyingElvis
06-05-2012, 10:13 AM
The fact that Elvis is making up an alibi for jvig is a bit concerning. Someone who hasn't posted only for votes you seem to be sticking your neck out and making claims for him quite a bit.

It's not my intention to fabricate an alibi for Jvig. It just seems like the logic is off. I also caution against using the "that role must be xxxx" logic, as that thinking backfired on us with our lynch yesterday.

Todd Bertuzzi
06-05-2012, 10:13 AM
Was it stated somewhere that forenci was silenced? I don't think I remember seeing it.

No it wasn't, but we lynched him for being inactive. The mafia could have silenced Jvig and tried to get us to lynch him for being inactive similar to how we lynched Forenci for the same reasons when we had nothing to go on.

bantx
06-05-2012, 10:15 AM
It is still kind of lame, but it's fun that he ended up as the SK both times.

It's kind of lame yeah, but I've realized that it's become part of the game. When your ass is on the line you're going to have to come out or if you're a baddie you can role claim to buy time it's a strategy. People don't listen to the "I'm good don't kill me" say and it's been seen in every mafia game they demand the role claim.

bantx
06-05-2012, 10:17 AM
It's not my intention to fabricate an alibi for Jvig. It just seems like the logic is off. I also caution against using the "that role must be xxxx" logic, as that thinking backfired on us with our lynch yesterday.

That's is just what I'm getting from you and with no information coming out people are saying "I'm going with a gut feeling here and I urge people to follow me" doesn't make me go out and jump for a vote just because it's a gut feeling. Rather than going off of the people not eve posting who we should be addressing at this point instead of gut feelings.

vidae
06-05-2012, 10:20 AM
Heading out for the afternoon. Hopefully we hear from Caddy and Jvig today. I urge everyone to take a close look at Shane and vidae. I was spot on with Brodeur and again I have the feeling something's just not right with how they're approaching everything.

Go ahead and look at me. I haven't lied once this entire game. I'm not evil, I'm good.

FlyingElvis
06-05-2012, 10:21 AM
That's is just what I'm getting from you and with no information coming out people are saying "I'm going with a gut feeling here and I urge people to follow me" doesn't make me go out and jump for a vote just because it's a gut feeling. Rather than going off of the people not eve posting who we should be addressing at this point instead of gut feelings.

I understand, and I'm not getting defensive. Just clearing up the question about "defending" jvig. It's not me defending him, it's me trying to point out what I think is questionable logic and potentially dangerous assumptions. Killing Jvig because we don't think a silence ability could be used twice on the same person is a dangerous path.

vidae
06-05-2012, 10:24 AM
No matter what, we know that Jvig hasn't contributed anything. At all. Maybe he has been chain silenced (which I don't think is likely) or maybe he just hasn't been participating, but the bottom line is the same: He has not helped the town at all this game. He is just taking up space.

I'd be fine lynching him based on that alone.

I do think TH and Cigaro are bigger fish though.

Cigaro
06-05-2012, 10:25 AM
BB doesn't have silencer listed as one of his roles in his definition list. He said he may have forgotten some, but I tend to think that if there is a silencer in this game, its not an every night role. I'm going to go ahead and act on this;

Vote: jvig

BeerBaron
06-05-2012, 10:26 AM
Vote Count:

Cigaro (3) - FlyingElvis, Cain, killswitch
TH (2) - Shane, UKFan
jvig (1) - Cigaro

Brothgar
06-05-2012, 10:27 AM
See here's the bit that I don't get. Why Jvig? Someone said it before but isn't Jvig usually inactive in these games? The reasoning just doesn't seem there.

ImBrotherCain
06-05-2012, 10:28 AM
Ok... People please see that Cigaro has continued to deflect the thoughts of his suspicion and turned the tables on someone else.

Please tell me someone else sees how he continues to do this is extremely suspicious!

Cigaro
06-05-2012, 10:28 AM
See here's the bit that I don't get. Why Jvig? Someone said it before but isn't Jvig usually inactive in these games? The reasoning just doesn't seem there.

Well that would be the reasoning. An active poster would be too obvious. Jvig wouldn't be.

Cigaro
06-05-2012, 10:29 AM
Ok... People please see that Cigaro has continued to deflect the thoughts of his suspicion and turned the tables on someone else.

Please tell me someone else sees how he continues to do this is extremely suspicious!

I'm continuing to play the game. I'm not going to drop everything I'm doing simply because of someones 'gut feeling' about me.

vidae
I just don't think Cigaro has been truthful or acting with the best interest of the town at heart.

vote : Cigaro

BeerBaron
Vote Count:

Cigaro (4) - FlyingElvis, Cain, killswitch, vidae
TH (2) - Shane, UKFan
jvig (1) - Cigaro

jrdrylie
I'm curious about Shane. Yesterday, he seemed to be the only person not concerned about the time limit. It makes me think he is neutral because if BB did something similar to Russian Roulette, there would be less than a 5% chance he is chosen and a 95% chance that he is one step closer to winning. Any thoughts?

bantx
06-05-2012, 10:30 AM
He doesn't contribute much what good is he? What other info do we have to go off of? CMD stated that we should keep an eye out for Rob, TH, and Brodie before he died. He got Brodie right, but Rob wrong. That leaves TH a really questionable target. Cigaro? I can see why people want to vote for him, but when people say I want to trust my gut with little information to support the vote makes me hesitate to vote for him.

The most info we will get from someone? Jvig, we'll find out if he was really silenced. He posted a lot yesterday morning and he's subscribed to the thread it's not like he didn't notice it. I mean I'd hold off until noon I guess, but my vote right now will most likely be him.

FlyingElvis
06-05-2012, 10:30 AM

BB doesn't have silencer listed as one of his roles in his definition list. He said he may have forgotten some, but I tend to think that if there is a silencer in this game, its not an every night role. I'm going to go ahead and act on this;

Vote: jvig

Oh, what a difference a day makes.

:lynched:

Cigaro
06-05-2012, 10:32 AM
Oh, what a difference a day makes.

:lynched:

I'll repeat;

I tend to think that if there is a silencer in this game, its not an every night role.

jrdrylie
06-05-2012, 10:37 AM
My take on Cigaro:

Day One: I don't really take anything from Day One. He did seem to be very concerned about the time limit. If anything, that makes me think he is more likely good.

Day Two: He didn't see the importance of gaining information about characters. That is kind of suspicious because ANY additional information (assuming it isn't a lie) is good information. So that is a bit sketchy. But I din't really see him deflecting. When IBC attacked him, he came with answers. Yes, he accused a few people, but I'm not sure how he was directing attention away from himself.

Before I even think about voting for Cigaro, I'd like to see the exact posts that IBC and other's think are incriminating because I'm not seeing it.

bantx
06-05-2012, 10:38 AM
Broth hasn't been brothing up as much as usual, what is this brothery?!

Brothgar
06-05-2012, 10:42 AM

After last time I don't want to use BB's role write up as an excuse. Isn't that what killed CMD?

FlyingElvis
06-05-2012, 10:43 AM
After last time I don't want to use BB's role write up as an excuse. Isn't that what killed CMD?

No, CMD's death was a direct result of epic brothing.