PDA

View Full Version : King Mafia Sign-Up Thread

Grizzlegom
06-05-2012, 12:50 PM
I've heard back from just about all the people I sent invites to, if you got an invite and didn't respond, feel free to PM me or just reply in here that you want to play. This game is designed to be small so it can move pretty quickly, seeing as I don't want to take too much attention away from Batman. As such, there are fifteen roles. I sent out 10 invitations but a number of them have declined so there are more than just five roles up for grabs. It should be noted that I am on mafia probation with the woman and am not allowed to play on "her time" for a while. As such, my plan for this game is to run it while I am at work. Therefore, the thread will likely be open M-F from 8 AM EST until somewhere between 5-6 PM EST. If those hours don't work for you, please don't sign up, sorry Aussies. I hope to open the game thread either tomorrow or Thursday, depending on how the Batman game is moving. If you are interested in playing, sign up, I will probably randomize all the sign-ups so if you see the list reach 15, do not fret, for you may still have a chance!

Here is the backstory:

Grizzland is a peaceful kingdom ruled over by a kind and gentle king that is beloved by his people. For a long time, Grizzland has seen peace and prosperity and has had open borders to any and all, providing aid to those less fortunate. Due to the king’s immense kindness, Grizzland has remained unscathed and pure in an otherwise warring world. Despite pleas from neighboring kingdoms, the king refuses to take sides in this war and continues to practice, and preach, neutrality, accepting war refugees from all neighboring kingdoms. This has led to an uneasiness amongst Grizzlanders, for they are not sure of the true intentions of these outsiders. Some seem like true war refugees, looking to relocate and start anew. Others are deserters whose fear of death caused them to come to Grizzland in order to live in a peaceful land without fear of raids or death. There is a select group, though, that appears to be much too “put together” to be here simply to avoid the war sweeping the neighboring kingdoms. What is the true intention of this group? Can they be trusted? Are they simply looking to start anew or is there more to their presence...

The town awakens one morning to find that little Grizzlegom, the king’s youngest son, has gone missing. The royal family finds a note warning them that if they ever want to see their son again, they will join in the war effort. Knowing that the kidnappers couldn’t have gone far, the king decides to take matters into his own hands. With his first order of business, the king orders his armies to close the borders, nobody is to enter or exit Grizzland without the king’s blessing. The king decides that isolationism is the best way to root out these evildoers and find his son. Next, he gathers all the citizens, old and new, into the town square, for he will hear each of their pleas one by one and he will have his vengeance.

Cain
JBond
Gonzo
R4L
Broth
BeerBaron
Cigaro
Vidae
ATL
Woot
TBW
Rob S
jrdrylie
CJSchneider
TitanHope
Bulldogs
fenikz
ngatachance

Wootylicous
06-05-2012, 12:54 PM
I'm ******* in!

BeerBaron
06-05-2012, 01:01 PM
I'll play. Didn't realize I was supposed to reply to that PM.

TheBoyWonder22
06-05-2012, 01:02 PM
Uh I'll join.

Grizzlegom
06-05-2012, 01:27 PM
I'm sorry if I offended anyone by not sending you an invite. I honestly just picked the first ten names that came to mind that have been in previous games that I've modded that were always good participants, both in terms of getting night actions in and posting.

vidae
06-05-2012, 01:52 PM
Oh, I thought we were just automatically in if we got that invite and didn't have to post. :(

Dr. Gonzo
06-05-2012, 01:53 PM
Well at least 3 of the 10 in this thing are many enemies. Motherfuck.

Rob S
06-05-2012, 01:55 PM
If we start it tomorrow, I will play. I will be pretty much useless come Monday though.

jrdrylie
06-05-2012, 01:56 PM
I'll join if space allows it.

CJSchneider
06-05-2012, 02:34 PM
I am highly insulted that I was not given an invitation and refuse to play in this game...

...just kidding. I want in.

TitanHope
06-05-2012, 04:35 PM
I died, rather unjustly, which makes me want to play!

Bulldogs
06-05-2012, 04:38 PM
Just got word in from my boss I got work off until Friday, I'll play Grizz.

fenikz
06-05-2012, 06:18 PM
why not, even with the time i'd be more active than most

Grizzlegom
06-05-2012, 06:51 PM
You're killing me bulldogs, I thought you were enjoying retirement? :-P

I'll leave the thread open through the night and then use random.org in the morning to figure which 15 people are in and the roles and such. Looks like we have a good number of people here that are either not playing in the other game or already dead so I'll get it open sometime in the morning.

Bulldogs
06-05-2012, 07:09 PM
I just enjoy rustling jimmies, alright!!!

Raiderz4Life
06-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Lol this is more like...a pick-up game with the boys rather than sunday night football =P

Snicho
06-06-2012, 12:53 AM
So much discrimination! Us Aussies don't deserve this type of treatment!

Ngatachance92
06-06-2012, 01:34 AM
Id like to play if there is room, if not then I don't want to play....