PDA

View Full Version : June 14th top-ten mock draft

Matthew Jones
06-13-2012, 11:46 PM
Below is a preliminary top-ten mock draft I worked on tonight. Let me know what you think!

1. Jacksonville Jaguars – QB Matt Barkley, Southern California*

2. Cleveland Browns – WR Keenan Allen, California*

3. Indianapolis Colts – CB David Amerson, North Carolina St.*

4. Minnesota Vikings – WR Robert Woods, Southern California*

5. Arizona Cardinals – QB Logan Thomas, Virginia Tech*

6. Miami Dolphins – FS Eric Reid, Louisiana St.*

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -DT Star Lotulelei, Utah

8. St. Louis Rams – OT Ricky Wagner, Wisconsin

9. St. Louis Rams (from Redskins) – LB Manti Te’o, Notre Dame

10. Oakland Raiders – OT Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M*

princefielder28
06-14-2012, 08:16 AM
Ricky Wagner is not a Top 10 player...he'll likely fit on the right side, similar to when Gabe Carimi was drafted since he's a plus run blocker but doesn't excel in pass protection...if we see an offensive tackle taken in the Top 10 I believe it'll be Jake Matthews

and as attractive as it is to have skiiled players going in the top 5, i think if Indianapolis and Minnesota are selecting that high (I'm not counting Cleveland because they have nothing for quarterbacks to work with outside of Richardson in the backfield) then I would expect Minnesota to evaluate their quarterback position or long term outlook of their defensive line/pass rush and Indianapolis to look at their defensive line/pass rush as well

Manti Te'o doesn't strike me as a Top 10 selection either...LB's rarely go that high and if they do they stand out as game changers and Te'o appears to be very good, just not a game changer

Oakland sitting at 10 and considering the change in management, the quarterback position would have to sit at the top of their list and a player like Tyler Wilson would do alot more for that organization than an offensive tackle who would have no capable quarterback to block for

do you have Montgomery and Mingo both going back to school or are they just not in the Top 10???

TACKLE
06-14-2012, 10:00 AM
Amerson to the Bucs. Lock it up.

Pat Sims 90
06-14-2012, 10:26 AM
If Bucs or the Raiders are picking in the top 10 i almost have to think that they will go QB.

OSUGiants17
06-14-2012, 11:03 AM
Solid so far, but I don't see the Bucs being that high. O and will you be adding picks 11-32 anytime soon?

Matthew Jones
06-14-2012, 11:11 AM
I'm not sure any of the other quarterbacks warranted a top-ten pick. Aaron Murray would be the closest right now but his lack of size/concerns over his reckless style of play may cause teams to look elsewhere in the top ten. Tyler Wilson needs to be more consistent with his throwing mechanics in order to establish himself as someone worth a top-ten pick, although I could see a team such the Raiders targeting a quarterback if they are unhappy with their developmental options. I agree with PF that Manti Te'o is probably not worth a top-ten pick at this point but the Rams are a difficult team to draft for because they have already made a substantial number of picks and the jury is out on a number of positions. I would probably take Mingo in the top ten but not Montgomery, and I considered Barkevious for #3 and #6. I'd be surprised if Minnesota wanted to dump Christian Ponder after just a year and a half of starting experience. I'm not sure when I'll be adding 11-32, I still need to do some more review on prospects/team needs before I go that far.

Knicks and Bucs
06-14-2012, 12:57 PM
Pat Sims is correct. If the bucs or raiders are picking top 10 then it is QB. There is no other way why they would be picking that high if it was not for their horrible QB Play. Carson Palmer's career is over and Josh Freeman likes throwing to the wrong team. Pretty simple if you ask me.

gpngc
06-14-2012, 11:33 PM
The Bucs would not pass on Amerson. Rumors everywhere that they absolutely love him.

Bucs = Amerson all day every day.

Matthew Jones
06-15-2012, 12:07 AM
The Bucs would not pass on Amerson. Rumors everywhere that they absolutely love him.

Bucs = Amerson all day every day.

I actually haven't watched a ton of Amerson because North Carolina St. was a little bit dry on prospects, but I have him going #3 overall in this mock, so the Buccaneers don't even have a shot at him. Besides, it's way too early to consider anything a lock at this point.

gpngc
06-15-2012, 07:48 AM
I actually haven't watched a ton of Amerson because North Carolina St. was a little bit dry on prospects, but I have him going #3 overall in this mock, so the Buccaneers don't even have a shot at him. Besides, it's way too early to consider anything a lock at this point.

Believe me, Amerson is going to the Bucs. They won't draft anyone else. They've said as much. Amerson is going to Tampa.

cmd34
06-15-2012, 03:01 PM
Good mock.

Happy that the Cowboys didn't make the top (bottom) 10.

Sad that I gotta buy a Dolphins jersey for my boy Eric Reid. I don't usually wear teal.

Knicks and Bucs
06-16-2012, 12:04 AM
Believe me, Amerson is going to the Bucs. They won't draft anyone else. They've said as much. Amerson is going to Tampa.

Wow...you are showing your maturity there!

Knicks and Bucs
06-16-2012, 04:24 AM
Ha...this ignored my post. Cus He knows he screwed up on Tampa's pick. Star Lotuleile is the wrong pick. He would not fit in Tampa's defense. He would fit in someone like New Orleans defense. QB is the most logical way to go there. Josh Freeman sucks.

Matthew Jones
06-16-2012, 11:44 AM
Ha...this ignored my post. Cus He knows he screwed up on Tampa's pick. Star Lotuleile is the wrong pick. He would not fit in Tampa's defense. He would fit in someone like New Orleans defense. QB is the most logical way to go there. Josh Freeman sucks.

Brian Price and Roy Miller are terrible. In fact, they're so terrible that the Buccaneers tried signing Albert Haynesworth last season. Price shows up overweight every year, so adding a more athletic nose tackle would compliment Gerald McCoy. I could see the Buccaneers targeting a quarterback but I don't like any of the remaining players enough to draft them in the top ten, with the possible exception of Aaron Murray. I think Freeman will improve over last season, although probably not to 2010 form.

RCAChainGang
06-17-2012, 08:07 PM
Excellent pick for the Colts. Good position choice and the value is there.

Knicks and Bucs
06-20-2012, 08:47 PM
Brian Price and Roy Miller are terrible. In fact, they're so terrible that the Buccaneers tried signing Albert Haynesworth last season. Price shows up overweight every year, so adding a more athletic nose tackle would compliment Gerald McCoy. I could see the Buccaneers targeting a quarterback but I don't like any of the remaining players enough to draft them in the top ten, with the possible exception of Aaron Murray. I think Freeman will improve over last season, although probably not to 2010 form.

They signed Haynesworth because Mccoy went down. That is why. Not to replace Miller or Price. This is only Price's 3rd year. It takes D-linemen the longest of any position to develop. Give the guy a ******* shot first. They are not all going to be Suh. I really doubt the bucs go DT in the 1st round because Hankins and Star do not fit the type of tackles they are looking for. Those guys would be much better going with the New Orleans defense. The type of defense they run. Not to mention the bucs have bigger needs than DT. Maybe if you looked at the needs thread you could see that. RT, OLB, CB, TE, and maybe QB are all bigger needs than DT.

I will give you Miller, but give Price another year atleast. With Mccoy being healthy. I think he can be much more effective. That entire defense went to hell when Mccoy went down quit frankly.

wicket
06-23-2012, 06:03 PM
Amerson to the Bucs. Lock it up.

exactly this, just makes to much sense