PDA

View Full Version : NFLDC Positional Top 10 Lists

Giantsfan1080
06-15-2012, 11:03 AM
OK so I'm bored out of my mind football wise and I think we all need something fun to discuss during the doldrums of the season. I know some people have expressed interest in putting together top ten lists for each position and I'm going to try and take charge here. To make it easy anyone who wants to be involved will just have to send me a Top 10 list for whatever position we're at. Hopefully we can get at least a minimum of 15 lists per position with more being even better. I'm going to use a very easy grading system with 1st place receiving 10 points, 2nd place receiving 9 points, etc. I'm up for suggestions but I think we should do lists for QB, RB, WR, TE, OT, OG/C, for offense and DT, DE, MLB, OLB, C, and S for defense. If we reach a majority on changing some of those positions then that's fine. We'll try and do 2 positional lists per week winding down at the end of July when camps begin to open. If enough interest is maintained I'll try and do a final NFLDC top 50/75 list at the end. The board is now open for suggestions as to what position we want to start with.

PLEASE PM LISTS

Top 10 OT
Top 10 DT
Top 5 3-4 DE

vidae
06-15-2012, 02:50 PM
Are we doing 3-4 and 4-3 defenses?

Giantsfan1080
06-15-2012, 02:54 PM
That would take longer but I would be fine with doing both sets of D's for DT, DE, and OLB. As of now it doesn't look like there is much interest in doing this at all anyways.

Razor
06-15-2012, 03:07 PM
Maybe if we divided it into position. For example, let's start by sending in rankings for QBs. We can post in the thread and send you our rankings. I think that we get more participation if it's organized a little better.

Giantsfan1080
06-15-2012, 04:29 PM
Maybe if we divided it into position. For example, let's start by sending in rankings for QBs. We can post in the thread and send you our rankings. I think that we get more participation if it's organized a little better.

Yeah that's the way I was going to do it. I think the board in general is just really slow right now so there's not much traffic. We'll see on Monday if there is enough interest and if not then oh well I tried. I figured there would be no better time to do this than now though when nothing else is going on NFL wise.

StripedWalrus
06-15-2012, 04:53 PM
Do you want top 10 players by performance in 2011 or just top 10 in NFL right now?

tjsunstein
06-15-2012, 05:00 PM
I tried to do this via PM and got a grand total of 2 posters responding after a multilple page thread about it. I wish you better luck and I will definitely participate.

Giantsfan1080
06-15-2012, 08:21 PM
Do you want top 10 players by performance in 2011 or just top 10 in NFL right now?

We would be doing top 10 players currently taking everything into factor.

StripedWalrus
06-16-2012, 12:21 AM
We would be doing top 10 players currently taking everything into factor.

Should start with the most logical position to start with, QB.

Matthew Jones
06-16-2012, 12:36 AM
Should start with the most logical position to start with, QB.

Quarterback:

1. Tom Brady, Patriots

2. Drew Brees, Saints

3. Aaron Rodgers, Packers

4. Peyton Manning, Broncos

5. Eli Manning, Giants

6. Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers

7. Philip Rivers, Chargers

8. Michael Vick, Eagles

9. Tony Romo, Cowboys

10. Matthew Stafford, Lions

jrdrylie
06-17-2012, 07:17 AM
1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Tom Brady
3. Drew Brees
4. Eli Manning
5. Peyton Manning (if healthy)
6. Ben Roethlisberger
7. Tony Romo
8. Jay Cutler
9. Matthew Stafford
10. Matt Ryan

bigbluedefense
06-17-2012, 07:45 AM
1. Tom Brady
2. Peyton Manning (assuming he's healthy)
3. Aaron Rodgers
4. Drew Brees
5. Eli Manning
6. Ben Roethlisberger
7. Matthew Stafford
8. Phillip Rivers
9. Jay Cutler
10.Tony Romo

TACKLE
06-17-2012, 08:06 AM
1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Tom Brady
3. Peyton Manning
4. Drew Brees
5. Eli Manning
6. Ben Roethlisberger
7. Cam Newton
8. Matt Stafford
9. Phillip Rivers
10. Mike Vick

My top 8 was easy for me though the order gets a little tricky (Brees vs Peyton/Eli vs Ben/Cam vs Stafford).

Giantsfan1080
06-17-2012, 08:25 AM
Hey I figured we'd start this on Monday with QB. I'm going to ask everyone to PM me their lists though just to make it easier for everyone.

In subject of PM put Top Ten-QB.

A Perfect Score
06-17-2012, 09:20 AM
I really mean to get back to TJ about his list, but you caught me right when I was starting a new job and it was insanely busy. I could probably get behind some lists now, especially if it was position by position.

StripedWalrus
06-17-2012, 01:59 PM
Hey I figured we'd start this on Monday with QB. I'm going to ask everyone to PM me their lists though just to make it easier for everyone.

In subject of PM put Top Ten-QB.

Did you want to do two at a time. Do QB and RB lists first? or Maybe Do QB and a defense position?

Giantsfan1080
06-17-2012, 02:05 PM
Yes we'll 2 a week. We'll start with QB and S. Voting will occur until Friday night which gives 5 days for people to get lists in.

StripedWalrus
06-17-2012, 02:10 PM
Yes we'll 2 a week. We'll start with QB and S. Voting will occur until Friday night which gives 5 days for people to get lists in.

Cool Beans then.

Giantsfan1080
06-17-2012, 02:52 PM
People can start sending lists now and I'll have the rankings up for the first two positions on Friday night.

Docta
06-17-2012, 07:31 PM
1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Tom Brady
3. Drew Brees
4. Peyton Manning
5. Eli Manning
6. Cam Newton
7. Ben Roethlisberger
8. Michael Vick
9. Matt Stafford
10. Tony Romo

Giantsfan1080
06-17-2012, 07:49 PM
Everyone please PM me your lists. I don't want to go through the thread and my the PM to count everything up.

NotMyJob
06-18-2012, 02:57 AM
I tried to do this via PM and got a grand total of 2 posters responding after a multilple page thread about it. I wish you better luck and I will definitely participate.

this thread is called "NFLDC Positional Top 10 Lists"

not "tjsunstein and Pals Positional Top 10 Lists"

http://cdn.smosh.com/sites/default/files/bloguploads/come-bro-trex.jpg

Giantsfan1080
06-18-2012, 11:43 AM
We have about 10 lists so far. Come on it doesn't take that much time to do people. QB and S this week.

Brothgar
06-18-2012, 12:05 PM
We have about 10 lists so far. Come on it doesn't take that much time to do people. QB and S this week.

I have QBs and S done can I send what I have done now and finish the list (I have LBs and Corners left)

Giantsfan1080
06-18-2012, 12:10 PM
I'd rather wait because it's going to be a pain to sift through every position. I'd like to just stick to the 2 at a time.

Brothgar
06-18-2012, 12:21 PM
I'd rather wait because it's going to be a pain to sift through every position. I'd like to just stick to the 2 at a time.

Oh so I'm suppose to just send QBs and S now?

Giantsfan1080
06-18-2012, 12:24 PM
That's correct.

Iamcanadian
06-18-2012, 12:57 PM
1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Tom Brady
3. Drew Brees
4. Peyton Manning
5. Eli Manning
6. Cam Newton
7. Ben Roethlisberger
8. Michael Vick
9. Matt Stafford
10. Tony Romo

1) Aaron Rodgers, Brady is on the downside of his career, in his prime, he would lead this list but not now.
2) Tom Brady, still very dangerous but now a notch below Rodgers.
3) Drew Brees, pretty close between the top 3 anyways.
4) Eli Manning, 2 rings from a QB who is extremely tough in close games.
5) Ben Rothlisberger, 2 rings from an offense that now lacks offensive might.
6) Peyton Manning, who is he now, until he answers that question, it is hard to put him any higher. He is clearly on the downside of his career and could easily prove to be less than what he once was.
7) Matt Stafford, has a very good shot at matching Rodgers career but people still think of Detroit as well 'Detroit'. They are however, a serious threat to win the Super Bowl next year.
8) Cam Newton, his career is all ahead of him and he could top this list in a few years but he isn't there just yet.
9) Michael Vick, IMO, I will want to see this year whether or not he is still the same quality player he once was. I think he has lost a step but he is certainly able to prove me wrong if he still can.
10) Phillip Rivers, he plays for a rotten HC but he got his wish and the team retained Norv Turner after Rivers fought hard to keep him. He is quite capable of ranking much higher on this list but I doubt he ever makes it as long as Turner is his HC.
11) Tony Romo, I only list him to make a point. He is the most overrated QB in the NFL and will never lead Dallas to even the playoffs. If leadership and performance in clutch situations, are the most important qualities of a QB, Romo scores at the bottom of the NFL starting QB's and isn't even deserving of the #11 spot.

scottyboy
06-18-2012, 01:04 PM
can't wait til the MLB's.

will you release the lists? you know, because I'm putting chase blackburn at number 1 and trolling the world

Brothgar
06-18-2012, 01:05 PM
Quarterbacks.
Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Drew Brees
Aaron Rodgers
Matt Stafford
Ben Rothlesburger
Eli Manning
Cam Newton
Matt Schaub
Mike Vick

Safeties.
Troy Polamalu
Jarious Byrd
Adrian Wilson
Eric Berry
Ed Reed
Earl Thomas
Louis Delmas
Eric Weddle
Tyvon Branch
Donte Whitner

tjsunstein
06-18-2012, 01:19 PM
Sent my PM in.

Giantsfan1080
06-18-2012, 02:01 PM
Yea I'm going to release them Friday night and then we have the weekend to discuss everything. So far we're getting a decent amount of lists but some of the big hitters haven't sent anything yet. I think it's good to leave this open for 3 or 4 days so we have enough time for everyone to send a list in.

WCH
06-18-2012, 04:42 PM
I sent my QB list, but I didn't do S. I think that position is just damn near impossible for fans to evaluate.

tjsunstein
06-18-2012, 04:57 PM
Yea I'm going to release them Friday night and then we have the weekend to discuss everything. So far we're getting a decent amount of lists but some of the big hitters haven't sent anything yet. I think it's good to leave this open for 3 or 4 days so we have enough time for everyone to send a list in.

Ill help you send out some PMs if you want. We dont want to miss valuable opinions on this especially since its dead season as it is.

tjsunstein
06-18-2012, 05:04 PM
this thread is called "NFLDC Positional Top 10 Lists"

not "tjsunstein and Pals Positional Top 10 Lists"

http://cdn.smosh.com/sites/default/files/bloguploads/come-bro-trex.jpg

In all fairness, you had 6 posts at the time of my original thread post in Oct and 55 when it was brought up again in May. Not to mention about 80% of your posts are pictures, I'm sorry you took offense to my selective approach but try to prove your posts have some substance before you rip it.

Bulldogs
06-18-2012, 05:28 PM
Sent in my QB list this morning, I'll have my S one in by Friday.

ATLDirtyBirds
06-18-2012, 05:53 PM
will you release the lists? you know, because I'm putting chase blackburn at number 1 and trolling the world

Is it trolling if it's true?

And I'd really like to believe I'm going to submit these lists, I really would, but...I'm lazy. I'll try.

WCH
06-18-2012, 05:58 PM
And I'd really like to believe I'm going to submit these lists, I really would, but...I'm lazy. I'll try.

I typed up my answers to BeerBaron's Offseason PM. I still have it saved on my desktop. Did I send it to him? No. Did I post it in the thread? No.

If being lazy was a sport, I'd be MVP.

Giantsfan1080
06-18-2012, 06:01 PM
A top 10 list takes 5 minutes. Come on do it.

scottyboy
06-18-2012, 06:16 PM
Is it trolling if it's true?

Have I told you how much I love you lately?

ATLDirtyBirds
06-18-2012, 06:22 PM
I typed up my answers to BeerBaron's Offseason PM. I still have it saved on my desktop. Did I send it to him? No. Did I post it in the thread? No.

If being lazy was a sport, I'd be MVP.

I've always got **** to do. But there are times in which I'm just on a roll and will keep doing **** once the work is gone, as I did with those questions from BB.

A top 10 list takes 5 minutes. Come on do it.

I SAID I'LL TRY. God.

Have I told you how much I love you lately?

Yes, but it's always nice to hear. <3.

TheFinisher
06-18-2012, 07:00 PM
1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Drew Brees
4. Peyton Manning
5. Eli Manning
6. Phillip Rivers
7. Ben Roethlisberger
8. Tony Romo
9. Jay Cutler
10. Matthew Stafford

Hurricanes25
06-18-2012, 07:05 PM
QB

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Tom Brady
3. Drew Brees
4. Peyton Manning
5. Eli Manning
6. Ben Roethlisberger
7. Philip Rivers
8. Matt Stafford
9. Jay Cutler
10. Tony Romo

Working on Safety right now. I'm having a difficult time coming up with a top 10. It should be interesting to see what everybody comes up with.

NotMyJob
06-18-2012, 07:58 PM
In all fairness, you had 6 posts at the time of my original thread post in Oct and 55 when it was brought up again in May. Not to mention about 80% of your posts are pictures, I'm sorry you took offense to my selective approach but try to prove your posts have some substance before you rip it.

yes, it was a joke. i thought the tyrannosaur was a pretty good indication that the post was intended to be humorous.

i don't take offense to your exclusionary approach, but you have to admit that calling it "NFLDC Positional Top 10 Lists" when you exclude more than 90% of the people on the boards is a bit silly. :D

as for the pictures i post, when there's as much discussion going on in "The Funny Picture Thread" as there is, you need as many funny picture posters as you can get!

anyway, should we post our lists in this thread as well so we can all ridicule each others crappy picks or keep it strictly PM?

Giantsfan1080
06-18-2012, 08:01 PM
Please PM the lists. Any list that isn't a PM will NOT count.

vidae
06-18-2012, 09:21 PM
I sent mine in! Boosh!

BaLLiN
06-18-2012, 09:35 PM
Off of last year:

QB
1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Eli Manning
4. Drew Brees
5. Peyton Manning*
6. Matt Stafford
7. Cam Newton
8. Ben Roethlisberger
9. Tony Romo
10. Michael Vick

Please hate all you want, Tom Brady > Rodgers and it showed when teams began to play them man up where Rodgers wasn't as accurate to the sideline. Brady was working with very little at receiver but two very good TE's. Eli, whether people want to admit it or not, was a top 5 QB last year, and while Brees was great, he really showed his limitations as a passer versus San Fran.

WCH
06-18-2012, 09:44 PM
Edit: never mind.

Giantsfan1080
06-18-2012, 09:56 PM
We're doing pretty well so far with a lot more lists coming in on QB over S.

tjsunstein
06-18-2012, 10:22 PM
I think I know where this is going with Rodgers vs. Brady. Ugh, gotta get my fingers ready.

WCH
06-18-2012, 10:38 PM
Brady over Rodgers is fine. Tom Brady is an all-time great who gets better with age. That guy is sick. I just take issue with the idea that Brady doesn't have a group of pass-catchers that most QBs would trade a nut for.

tjsunstein
06-18-2012, 11:31 PM
It depends if we're talking lifetime achievments or right now/ future.

Giantsfan1080
06-20-2012, 08:13 PM
I haven't much of a response on this since Monday. Very weird that the major posters who post in every thread haven't sent anything in for something that takes a few minutes.

Brent
06-20-2012, 08:19 PM
I haven't much of a response on this since Monday. Very weird that the major posters who post in every thread haven't sent anything in for something that takes a few minutes.
I dont like rankings.

Giantsfan1080
06-20-2012, 08:24 PM
I dont like rankings.

Ehh it's just for fun and the more people that do it would make it more representative of the group. I do like a tier system better also but there's no way possible to do that with multiple people.

marshallb
06-20-2012, 08:43 PM
Maybe this has already been answered, but I didn't see it while skimming through, but is it for just 2012 or is it looking longterm, kinda as though we were building a team?

Bulldogs
06-20-2012, 08:44 PM

I'd suggest trying to PM some of the more prominent posters. I know for when TJ tried to do this, I never received a PM, so I had no idea this thing was even going on. Sometimes people just need a heads up. I'll try to send in a safety list soon.

Giantsfan1080
06-20-2012, 08:46 PM
Maybe this has already been answered, but I didn't see it while skimming through, but is it for just 2012 or is it looking longterm?

Just top 10 according to you using what criteria you want. If you put more emphasis on a younger player with potential and rate him higher than a vert who may only have a few years left then that's up to you. I didn't want to pigeon hole anything so it's more subjective.

Giantsfan1080
06-20-2012, 08:46 PM
I'd suggest trying to PM some of the more prominent posters. I know for when TJ tried to do this, I never received a PM, so I had no idea this thing was even going on. Sometimes people just need a heads up. I'll try to send in a safety list soon.

If I don't get some more responses I'll consider doing that tomorrow. We did have a very good early response but just not much since then.

ATLDirtyBirds
06-20-2012, 08:50 PM
I dont like rankings.

Who's calling you a major poster bro?

Brothgar
06-20-2012, 08:56 PM
It depends if we're talking lifetime achievments or right now/ future.

I would say that the list is for the right now. I still stand by Brady > Rodgers. In a year or two he will be easily considered the best in the league and will remain there for years. But if I were to pick a QB for this year and this year only. I'd go Brady (assuming they were playing in a system that was made for their abilities of course)

Giantsfan1080
06-21-2012, 05:23 PM
Hey everyone QB and S lists are due tomorrow afternoon. I have a work picnic so I'll try and have the results up tomorrow night when I get home.

tjsunstein
06-21-2012, 06:40 PM
I would say that the list is for the right now. I still stand by Brady > Rodgers. In a year or two he will be easily considered the best in the league and will remain there for years. But if I were to pick a QB for this year and this year only. I'd go Brady (assuming they were playing in a system that was made for their abilities of course)

Ah yes, the system argument. This is going to get very interesting, and believe me, it will carry on throughout the season and beyond so long as I'm a poster here. So speak now (send in a list) or forever hold your peace.

I'll send out PMs to a great deal of posters tonight. Ignore it if you've participated already.

Brothgar
06-21-2012, 07:28 PM
Ah yes, the system argument. This is going to get very interesting, and believe me, it will carry on throughout the season and beyond so long as I'm a poster here. So speak now (send in a list) or forever hold your peace.

I'll send out PMs to a great deal of posters tonight. Ignore it if you've participated already.

I didn't make the system argument. I'm saying strait up. Brady in his system > A. Rodgers in his system. But switch it up then it'd be different.

tjsunstein
06-21-2012, 09:26 PM
I didn't make the system argument. I'm saying strait up. Brady in his system > A. Rodgers in his system. But switch it up then it'd be different.

I wasn't referring to just Brady vs. Rodgers, so I guess I could have worded it a bit differently. I just meant the system argument in general, which will factor more with literally every other position left.

Bulldogs
06-22-2012, 11:40 AM
Any idea when we'll get the first batch of lists?

vidae
06-22-2012, 12:03 PM
I sent mine in a week or so ago and it was a DOOZY, let me tell ya.

Prowler
06-22-2012, 12:10 PM
I wonder how many points Tebow can acquire in this thing.

A Perfect Score
06-22-2012, 12:11 PM
I voted for Tebow on my list...AS A SAFETY!

Bulldogs
06-22-2012, 12:12 PM
I voted for Tebow on my list...AS A SAFETY!

He was #1 on my list at his rightful QB position. Dude has the clutch gene, can't explain that.

A Perfect Score
06-22-2012, 12:13 PM
He was #1 on my list at his rightful QB position. Dude has the clutch gene, can't explain that.

His Clutch-O-Meter is a solid 9.7/10

Giantsfan1080
06-22-2012, 07:42 PM
Lists will be up tonight.

WCH
06-22-2012, 07:58 PM
Tebow is very clutch. He would have clearly won the Super Bowl if it weren't for the East Coast Bias. Now that he is on the East Coast, there's no stopping his awesome and gritty clutchness!

Giantsfan1080
06-22-2012, 08:52 PM
Ok the first 2 lists are out and I think overall everyone did a pretty good job.

Giantsfan1080
06-22-2012, 08:58 PM
I'd also like to thank everyone who sent in lists. We did a very good job and hopefully this sparks a lot of debate and we get even more people to send in lists for the next 2 positions. I'm thinking we do CB and WR next week but I'm for suggestions. I'll announce Sunday the next 2 lists.

StripedWalrus
06-24-2012, 12:10 PM
CB is going to be tough. #1 is easy but after that I am having a hard time organizing them.

Prowler
06-24-2012, 01:12 PM
Maybe some pre-rankings talk would help things out?

Some of the top guys for discussion in some order:
Revis
Charles Woodson
Nnamdi(He had no D coordinator or offseason to acclimate, so 2011 didn't happen)
Carlos Rogers
Ike Taylor
Brent Grimes
Chris Gamble
Joe Haden
Brandon Carr
Richard Sherman
Ladarius Webb
Brandon Browner
Corey Webster
Cortland Finnegan
Asante Samuel

I don't want to pull a newb move by linking to pff, but I have to for these stats unless someone else can find better sites that list YPA, QB Rating Against, and success rates.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/01/12/cornerbacks-a-glance-at-the-2011-numbers/

http://footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2012/best-cornerback-charting-stats-2011

StripedWalrus
06-24-2012, 02:09 PM
Maybe some pre-rankings talk would help things out?

Some of the top guys for discussion in some order:
Revis
Charles Woodson
Nnamdi(He had no D coordinator or offseason to acclimate, so 2011 didn't happen)
Carlos Rogers
Ike Taylor
Brent Grimes
Chris Gamble
Joe Haden
Brandon Carr
Richard Sherman
Ladarius Webb
Brandon Browner
Corey Webster
Cortland Finnegan

I don't want to pull a newb move by linking to pff, but I have to for these stats unless someone else can find better sites that list YPA, QB Rating Against, and success rates.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/01/12/cornerbacks-a-glance-at-the-2011-numbers/

http://footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2012/best-cornerback-charting-stats-2011

other guys I have under consideration including the ones you mentioned earlier:

Brandon Flowers, J. Joseph, Asante Samuel, Champ Bailey.

Prowler
06-24-2012, 02:22 PM
Its tough because last season had guys like Browner lead the league with 23 pass breakups and then added 6 picks. But...Sherman was more consistent and only gave up 46% passes thrown at him, while picking off 4 and knocking down 17.

I feel Carlos Rogers has to be in there someplace because he did a great job. Ike Taylor still has hands of stone, but was 2nd in the league behind Revis with a 41.7% catch rate.

Asante Samuel was top 3 in YPA and success rate in each of the past 3 season.

Throw in the elite guys like Revis and Woodson and that leaves 3 spots. I forgive Nnamdi because the Eagles had no clue how to coach a defense last season. Everybody else listed had great seasons and arguments to be included.

niel89
06-24-2012, 02:44 PM
Its been far too long since we had a good old fashion CB debate. My. Vote is Terrance Newman #1

XxXdragonXxX
06-24-2012, 04:26 PM
Its tough because last season had guys like Browner lead the league with 23 pass breakups and then added 6 picks. But...Sherman was more consistent and only gave up 46% passes thrown at him, while picking off 4 and knocking down 17.

You also have to consider that Sherman wasn't starting, and barely played in the first 6 games. He didn't see the field much until after Trufant and Thurmond got hurt. Now if you're factoring in experience, that hurts him, but it certainly makes his stats more impressive. If he had started all 16 games with the same averages, he'd have 6 picks and 27 breakups.

OSUGiants17
06-24-2012, 04:30 PM
So are we doing WR and CB now?

Giantsfan1080
06-24-2012, 09:21 PM
I was asking for suggestions. I think we should maybe separate WR and CB because those are going to be 2 very good debates. Let's do CB and OG/C.

Giantsfan1080
06-24-2012, 09:21 PM
CB and OG/C lists.

Brothgar
06-24-2012, 09:23 PM
BAH! I already have separate OG and Center Lists :(

Giantsfan1080
06-24-2012, 09:25 PM
Well no one is suggesting anything haha. I think Interior Lineman as a top 10 is better because even the most avid fans can't make an accurate top 10 center list as far as I'm concerned.

ATLDirtyBirds
06-24-2012, 09:52 PM
Well no one is suggesting anything haha. I think Interior Lineman as a top 10 is better because even the most avid fans can't make an accurate top 10 center list as far as I'm concerned.

ChallengeAccepted.jpg

Brothgar
06-24-2012, 09:53 PM

Alreadydidit.png

StripedWalrus
06-24-2012, 10:38 PM

madeonetoo.gif

Giantsfan1080
06-24-2012, 10:40 PM
I can make one also but we don't have time to do every single position broken down like that. Does anyone really care who the 10th ranked C is?

OSUGiants17
06-25-2012, 12:26 AM
Maybe make it a top 15 for OG/C since you are combining the 2?

vidae
06-25-2012, 12:50 AM
If Brandon Carr is rated higher than Brandon Flowers on the CB list I'm going to flip actual ****. Ever since Carr signed with the Cowboys he's a top 5 CB which is just flat out ridiculous.

WCH
06-25-2012, 10:26 AM

Holy hell, how can Quentin Jammer be that bad?

gpngc
06-25-2012, 10:28 AM
Sherman is better than Browner.

Bulldogs
06-25-2012, 10:40 AM
I think top 10 interior linemen sounds good. I personally wouldn't be able to make an informed top 10 for each, and I doubt others here would as well. Nobody really watches them that much during the game, and they go seemingly unnoticed unless giving up sacks.

OSUGiants17
06-25-2012, 10:41 AM
If Brandon Carr is rated higher than Brandon Flowers on the CB list I'm going to flip actual ****. Ever since Carr signed with the Cowboys he's a top 5 CB which is just flat out ridiculous.

That's because every Cowboy player gets massively overrated

SuperMcGee
06-25-2012, 10:49 AM
I think it would have been nice to go 10 for each, but I remember all of the lists in the top-5 thread that BBD made being nearly identical for centers. Too much reputation basis. Guards could have worked, but maybe I just feel that way because there are more of them.

Prowler
06-25-2012, 10:49 AM
Flowers might make 8-10, but Carr won't be on the final. It takes a while to remember the Chiefs' players because they were a MASH unit. From what I remember, Flowers goes across the field and covers slot every now and then, whereas Carr tends to stay on the outside?

gpngc
06-25-2012, 10:58 AM
Holy hell, how can Quentin Jammer be that bad?

No pass rush, bad play calling, age.

ATLDirtyBirds
06-25-2012, 03:19 PM
So what's the official call GF?

Giantsfan1080
06-25-2012, 03:35 PM
We'll do a top 10 G and a top 5 C. Is that cool with everyone?

ATLDirtyBirds
06-25-2012, 03:37 PM
We'll do a top 10 G and a top 5 C. Is that cool with everyone?

I think that should be fine. So these + CBs?

Giantsfan1080
06-25-2012, 04:01 PM
I think that should be fine. So these + CBs?

Correct. I'm going to edit front page now.

Giantsfan1080
06-25-2012, 04:03 PM
Ok so there is no confusion. We're doing a top 10 for CB and G and a top 5 for C.

Giantsfan1080
06-27-2012, 07:43 AM
Hey everyone please send in lists. We're not doing that well in the 2nd week of this.

VAfy-ya
06-27-2012, 07:51 AM

Im probably in the minority but I've always been more impressed with Carr than Flowers.

A Perfect Score
06-27-2012, 08:01 AM
Im probably in the minority but I've always been more impressed with Carr than Flowers.

Then you crazy, sir. Flowers is probably the third best press-man CB in the NFL behind Revis and Nnamdi.

VAfy-ya
06-27-2012, 10:21 AM
Then you crazy, sir. Flowers is probably the third best press-man CB in the NFL behind Revis and Nnamdi.

Well thats my point. If he's not pressing , he's very medicore. Carr is little more well rounded to me.

A Perfect Score
06-27-2012, 11:04 AM
Well thats my point. If he's not pressing , he's very medicore. Carr is little more well rounded to me.

Flowers is also one of the best tackling CBs in the NFL, he's great in run support. As someone who values press man skills far above soft zone skills, I'll take Flowers every day over someone who excels in a zone based scheme.

Splat
06-27-2012, 11:56 AM
Having watched every NFL game that Flowers and Carr have played in, I can tell you that Flowers is the better player.

The only thing Carr has over Flowers is size.

StripedWalrus
06-28-2012, 10:34 AM
Hey everyone please send in lists. We're not doing that well in the 2nd week of this.

About how many less did you get?

Giantsfan1080
06-28-2012, 10:55 AM
Right now we're about 12 lists down from about 30-35 last week. If the number is this I'm not going to be able to have a fair calculation considering it's not enough data to get a somewhat fair representation.

A Perfect Score
06-28-2012, 11:14 AM
I'll do one now

tjsunstein
06-28-2012, 11:58 AM
Sent mine in

vidae
06-28-2012, 02:10 PM
You'll have my lists sometime today. I'm kind of busy atm but I'll get around to it asap.

Giantsfan1080
06-28-2012, 02:11 PM
That's fine we have until tomorrow. Hopefully I get a late surge and then I'll determine if we have enough lists to make a fair judgement.

jrdrylie
06-28-2012, 03:33 PM
I sent in my list!

StripedWalrus
06-28-2012, 03:51 PM
That's fine we have until tomorrow. Hopefully I get a late surge and then I'll determine if we have enough lists to make a fair judgement.

You have almost 20 lists...thats not too bad. I was thinking you only had 10.

Giantsfan1080
06-28-2012, 04:24 PM
I think it's more like 14 or 15 right now.

tjsunstein
06-28-2012, 04:35 PM
I'll send some PMs.

StripedWalrus
06-28-2012, 04:50 PM
Our first lists were pretty good...I would really like to see how all these turn out.

Brothgar
06-28-2012, 05:23 PM
They are due friday yes?

Giantsfan1080
06-28-2012, 06:12 PM
Yes sir they are.

Giantsfan1080
06-29-2012, 11:05 AM
Everyone please send your stuff in for tonight by 7.

Top 10 CB
Top 10 G
Top 5 C

Giantsfan1080
06-29-2012, 05:26 PM
Still some time!!

tjsunstein
06-29-2012, 05:31 PM
Takes 10 minutes tops

Bulldogs
06-29-2012, 05:52 PM
Hold on just getting home.

StripedWalrus
07-01-2012, 01:01 PM
What positions are next. WR and Defensive Tackle?

Giantsfan1080
07-02-2012, 09:21 AM
I was thinking OT and DT. How does everyone want to handle 4-3 and 3-4 D's though?

WCH
07-02-2012, 09:52 AM
I'd be inclined to do "DL" and "Pass Rushers" on the same week, I think. We could lump all of the pass rushers into one group (whether they play DE or OLB), and all of the interior DL into another group.

I hope that makes sense. My three and four buttons don't work, so I can't be as clear as I want to be.

VAfy-ya
07-02-2012, 09:56 AM
Have you did RBs? The debate on that position would be very interesting.

Giantsfan1080
07-02-2012, 10:01 AM
We have not done RB's yet.

tjsunstein
07-02-2012, 10:40 AM
Split it up into 3-4 DL and 4-3 DL rather than ends and tackles for both schemes.

Then 4-3 OLB, 4-3 ILB, 3-4 OLB, 3-4 ILB.

Prowler
07-02-2012, 10:57 AM
that sounds way too specific

Giantsfan1080
07-02-2012, 11:04 AM
Split it up into 3-4 DL and 4-3 DL rather than ends and tackles for both schemes.

Then 4-3 OLB, 4-3 ILB, 3-4 OLB, 3-4 ILB.

The interest has been very minimal to this point so I don't think that would work.

tjsunstein
07-02-2012, 11:07 AM
Then get real general and do DL, Passrushers, Linebackers. Its a very dead time for the board.

Giantsfan1080
07-02-2012, 11:10 AM
Then get real general and do DL, Passrushers, Linebackers. Its a very dead time for the board.

Yeah I know but I figured the big posters would still send stuff in. I'll do this next year before the draft when we have more foot traffic.

ATLDirtyBirds
07-02-2012, 01:42 PM
So what's the verdict?

Bulldogs
07-02-2012, 01:53 PM
How many people have sent their stuff in?

niel89
07-02-2012, 08:32 PM
Sorry man I forgot to send in stuff, but I am really enjoying the lists and the discussion from them. I promise I will get in the next one for sure.

I does go to show you that making these list isn't that easy. It's easy to tear down the NFLN lists but no way is Joe Haden the #2 CB.

Giantsfan1080
07-02-2012, 09:49 PM
How do you guys think we should handle defensive differences?

VAfy-ya
07-02-2012, 10:04 PM

I think that's the better option. Passrushers lets you lump DEs and 3-4 OLBs together. DL can cover DTs, NTs, and 3-4 DE. LBs can cover all the even front guys and the inside guys in the 3-4. That seems to be the only way to properly do it.

TACKLE
07-02-2012, 10:44 PM
Maybe something like this:

3-4 DE's - Top 5
DT's (43 and 34)- Top 10

not enough quality depth at 34 DE or NT or even 4-3 DT to warrant their own individual top 10 and a whole week's worth of voting. this group could be done together under 'interior d-lineman' like we did with the guards and centers and you could still do another position group on the offensive side of the ball that week.

4-3 DE's - Top 10

might be a little thin but i'd say it's still worthy of it's own top 10.

34 OLB - Top 10

3-4 olb definitely needs it's own top 10. deepest defensive position in the league along with CB.

LB's (3-4 ILB, all spots 4-3) - Top 10

*none of those spots are really flushed with talent so I don't think it'd be too many positions for one group. i think it'd be too watered down if we be split this group up anymore.

That's four groups. We have four groups left on offence (OT, TE, WR, RB) so it would work out to keep doing two groups a week.

ATLDirtyBirds
07-03-2012, 06:35 AM
What TACKLE says goes.

jrdrylie
07-03-2012, 06:51 AM
Tackle's plan sounds pretty solid. And poor specialists. Nobody ever wants to rank kickers and punters.

Giantsfan1080
07-03-2012, 07:28 AM
I like Tackle's idea since I was thinking of the same thing. This week:

Top 10 OT
Top 10 DT
Top 5 3-4 DE

jrdrylie
07-03-2012, 07:38 AM
Question: Ist Haloti Ngata a NT or a 3-4 DE. I know he plays both, so I'm not sure where to list him.

Splat
07-03-2012, 08:31 AM
Question: Ist Haloti Ngata a NT or a 3-4 DE. I know he plays both, so I'm not sure where to list him.

He is on list that says bad mother ******.

G Mobile
07-03-2012, 01:48 PM

He predominantly plays 3-4 DE so I'd rank him as such.

Also I'm gonna start this now, Ngata > Justin Smith :D

jrdrylie
07-03-2012, 01:56 PM

That's what I thought. I ranked him number one over Smith.

A Perfect Score
07-03-2012, 02:12 PM

I'm not sure you'd be starting anything, I think the general consensus from anyone who isn't a 49ers fan would be that Ngata is a superior player. That said, Smith is a monster and very clearly the #2 player at the position IMO, but Ngata is a freak. We're talking next level awesome.

Brodeur
07-03-2012, 02:17 PM
I'm not sure you'd be starting anything, I think the general consensus from anyone who isn't a 49ers fan would be that Ngata is a superior player. That said, Smith is a monster and very clearly the #2 player at the position IMO, but Ngata is a freak. We're talking next level awesome.

No he isn't. Smith was better last year, by a considerable amount, and I'd definitely rank him over Ngata right now. On another note, is DT just 4-3 DTs or is it 3-4 NT as well?

StripedWalrus
07-03-2012, 02:27 PM
So is Ngata not being considered a DT in this ranking or can he be placed in both 3-4 DE and DT...I suppose that could apply to Smith as well?

Giantsfan1080
07-03-2012, 03:25 PM
Ngata and Smith are 3-4 DE for the purpose of this.

Brodie it's 4-3 and 3-4 DT lumped together.

Bulldogs
07-03-2012, 03:33 PM
Is Vince Wilfork technically a 3-4 end or what?

TACKLE
07-03-2012, 03:39 PM
No he isn't. Smith was better last year, by a considerable amount, and I'd definitely rank him over Ngata right now. On another note, is DT just 4-3 DTs or is it 3-4 NT as well?

Ngata played with an injured quad all of last season and Smith was a top 5-10 player in football last so I could buy an argument that Smith was better than last year. To say it was by a 'considerable amount' or that he you'd 'definitely' rank him over Ngata is just an overstatement.

And Zak, what are we going to do about Jason Peters?

StripedWalrus
07-03-2012, 03:49 PM
Is Vince Wilfork technically a 3-4 end or what?

I put Wilfork in as DT...

Ness
07-03-2012, 04:03 PM

I think it's neck and neck as of 2012. Both had great seasons last year.

Giantsfan1080
07-03-2012, 05:40 PM
I'd go with Wilfork at DT but the Pats fans could maybe tell us where they see him lining up more.

Tackle, it's up to you. If I were personally doing a list I'd leave him off at this point. 2 of the same major injuries within months of each other is crippling. Remember I did not list any specific criteria on purpose.

The Alex
07-03-2012, 05:49 PM
Why don't you guys just do top 10 defensive linemen to make this easier for everyone? Putting in 4-3 DT, 3-4 DE and so on is just gonna be confusing.

phlysac
07-03-2012, 05:51 PM
Ngata vs. J. Smith is essentially the Brady vs. Manning argument a couple of years ago. They're both absolutely dominant to the point of being laughable.

Giantsfan1080
07-03-2012, 05:52 PM
Why don't you guys just do top 10 defensive linemen to make this easier for everyone? Putting in 4-3 DT, 3-4 DE and so on is just gonna be confusing.

Way to hard to compare those positions to each other in a somewhat fair manner.

tjsunstein
07-03-2012, 06:16 PM
BJ Raji is going to be an interesting rank.

tjsunstein
07-03-2012, 06:26 PM
How are we treating the Jason Peters injury in the rankings?

StripedWalrus
07-08-2012, 12:32 AM
any update on this list?

StripedWalrus
07-10-2012, 11:31 AM
I take it this is dead now?