PDA

View Full Version : 2012 NFLDC Top 10 QB

Giantsfan1080
06-22-2012, 08:24 PM
1. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers (237)
2. Tom Brady, New England Patriots (231)
3. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints (195)
4. Eli Manning, New York Giants (157)
5. Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos (153)
6. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers (114)
7. Matt Stafford, Detroit Lions (84)
8. Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers (74)
9. Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys (38)
10. Jay Cutler, Chicago Bears (36)

* Vote Total in Parentheses

Rosebud
06-22-2012, 08:30 PM
Interesting to see the votes disparity between Stafford/Rivers and Romo/Cutler. Especially since my list goes Cutler (7), Rivers (8), Romo (9) and Stafford (10).

But the tiers seem about right. The top 3 with some separation from the Manning bros, the Manning bros have some separation from Big Ben, and then you get the ringless guys knocking on the doorstep behind him.

A Perfect Score
06-22-2012, 08:35 PM
Yaaaay I had all 10 right! Not the right order, mind you, but the right players!

TACKLE
06-22-2012, 08:43 PM
No Cam? :/

SuperPacker
06-22-2012, 08:49 PM
Cutler gets no respect!

Rosebud
06-22-2012, 08:51 PM

Who do you put him over? Rivers and Cutler have a number of big season under their belts and have lead deep playoff runs, Romo has years of putting up big numbers himself, and Stafford's already the "one big year" guy, and his big year was much bigger than Cam's.

scottyboy
06-22-2012, 08:52 PM
i think i flipped rivers and stafford but that really seems right

WCH
06-22-2012, 08:52 PM

Cam made a believer out of me, but who do you drop from the top-10 right now?

descendency
06-22-2012, 09:09 PM
Where's Matt Cassel???

scottyboy
06-22-2012, 09:10 PM
Where's Matt Cassel???

i actually think vidae murdered him

Malaka
06-22-2012, 09:14 PM
I am actually interested in comparing the NFLDC top 10 QBs with Jaworski's lol

OSUGiants17
06-22-2012, 09:31 PM
I had the same exact list as this. I think the low point totals for Romo and Cutler come from people leaving them off for Cam and Ryan since they are the only 2 I would consider bumping. This list seems much better than the S one

TACKLE
06-22-2012, 09:33 PM
Who do you put him over? Rivers and Cutler have a number of big season under their belts and have lead deep playoff runs, Romo has years of putting up big numbers himself, and Stafford's already the "one big year" guy, and his big year was much bigger than Cam's.

He and Stafford are neck and neck after the top 6 (which is a very tough group to crack). I know there was no specific criteria for this bur the way I kinda looked at it was: if I had to pick a QB to take my team to take my team to the championship this year, who would I want. Out of Romo, Cutler and Cam, I would comfortably take Cam over both of them. Rivers is closer but he's coming off probably his worst season in the last four years or so. Nowadays where it seems like everyone is throwing for 4000 and 25+ TD's, stats are, imo, gradually reducing in value as they become easier and easier to obtain and the players' actual ability and limitations (or lack there of) become an even more important piece of the puzzle.

I know people in general are often reluctant to jump all-in on a young guy but how much more do we need to see from him? This is the most gifted QB in the league who took the worst scoring offense in the NFL (a historically bad one) and made them a top 5 scoring offense in his first season. If the concern is that he hasn't proven himself in the playoffs, that's fair but can you really say Rivers, Romo or Cutler have? I just don't see 10 QB's in the NFL being more dominant players this year than Cam Newton? Do you? So if this list is the top 10 QB's we'd want right now in the year 2012 (again, I know there was no clearly defined criteria on purpose), I have a very hard time believing he is notone of them.

*This isn't all directed at you Rosebud, just my thoughts on why Cam very much belongs.

Prowler
06-22-2012, 09:50 PM
I had Cam and Schaub at the end. Cam showed outstanding work ethic and should be able to make adjustments to avoid a slump. I think I left off Cutler and Roethlisberger. Cutler should be way better now that he is back with Bates/Tice and not Martz. Roethlisberger has always struck me as a giant ahole who happens to be bigger than everyone which allows him to wait longer to throw. I would probably put him at #11 or 12. I put Stafford at 4 over the Super Bowl MVP Eli because he's going for 6,000 yards this year.

Bulldogs
06-22-2012, 10:04 PM
List looks about right, was there anybody else close to cracking the top 10?

WCH
06-22-2012, 10:58 PM
It's hard to argue with that list. I just might bet my bottom dollar that Stafford ranks quite a bit higher next season, though.

Giantsfan1080
06-22-2012, 11:05 PM
List looks about right, was there anybody else close to cracking the top 10?

Cam was #11 but needed a few more votes to crack the top 10.

Rosebud
06-22-2012, 11:17 PM
It's hard to argue with that list. I just might bet my bottom dollar that Stafford ranks quite a bit higher next season, though.

I actually think he'll be rated lower. Don't expect him to match his numbers from this season and think that'll put a big damper on how much people are falling in love with his potential. I actually have similar feelings about Cam Newton as well.

tjsunstein
06-23-2012, 12:29 AM
Seems pretty legit, was sure I'd see Cam though.

Halsey
06-23-2012, 01:11 PM
It's funny how Stafford went from being a bust in many people's mind to near elite after one season.

Also, I think Eli has an argument as #1. He never misses games, is cool under pressure and is as good as anyone when he's on. He has his fair share of bad games, but I think he may be one of those people who gets bored and loses focus at times.

A Perfect Score
06-23-2012, 01:31 PM
It's funny how Stafford went from being a bust in many people's mind to near elite after one season.

Also, I think Eli has an argument as #1. He never misses games, is cool under pressure and is as good as anyone when he's on. He has his fair share of bad games, but I think he may be one of those people who gets bored and loses focus at times.

So he has his fair share of bad games, but there's an argument for him to be #1? Sure thing.

WCH
06-23-2012, 01:39 PM

Okay. So lets just call that the reason that nobody -- not even Giants fans -- would put him at #1.

scottyboy
06-23-2012, 09:14 PM
i love eli and will defend him to the death and think he's under-rated...but he is not number 1. i just can't put him there

Brodeur
06-23-2012, 09:27 PM
1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Tom Brady
3. Drew Brees
4. Eli Manning
5. Peyton Manning
6. Ben Roethlisberger
7. Matt Stafford
8. Philip Rivers
9. Jay Cutler
10. Cam Newton

Was mine. I was close enough.

49erNation85
06-23-2012, 09:41 PM
Where is Tim Tebow on this list,he should be top ten easy.

Rosebud
06-23-2012, 10:45 PM
i love eli and will defend him to the death and think he's under-rated...but he is not number 1. i just can't put him there

Yeah, if he keeps improving and adds another superbowl ring, or two, to his resume, he might get there, but right now he's at the bottom of the top tier behind Brady, Rodgers and Brees.

keylime_5
06-23-2012, 11:02 PM
The way that people rank Peyton Manning is really stupid and illogical. NFLN for example I think put him in the middle of their top 100 list somewhere. Well when he was healthy he was one of the top 3 overall players in the league, let alone QB, if not THE #1 player overall. He missed last season with a few neck surgeries and now we have no idea how good he will be. If you are going to include him then include him where he was before the injury, don't assume he will not be as good as the elite guys but still better than guys like Stafford and Ryan and Big Ben and Eli. That doesn't make sense, how do we know he's still better than those guys???... even if we assume that he's not as good as Brees/Brady/Rodgers (which is fine).

prock
06-23-2012, 11:05 PM
Peyton cannot be included in a list until he plays again. Leave room for him in the top 5 just in case, but right now he is impossible to rank.

descendency
06-23-2012, 11:43 PM
The way that people rank Peyton Manning is really stupid and illogical. NFLN for example I think put him in the middle of their top 100 list somewhere. Well when he was healthy he was one of the top 3 overall players in the league, let alone QB, if not THE #1 player overall. He missed last season with a few neck surgeries and now we have no idea how good he will be. If you are going to include him then include him where he was before the injury, don't assume he will not be as good as the elite guys but still better than guys like Stafford and Ryan and Big Ben and Eli. That doesn't make sense, how do we know he's still better than those guys???... even if we assume that he's not as good as Brees/Brady/Rodgers (which is fine).

You clearly don't understand how voting works.

The average player ranking put him in the 50s. That means players didn't rank him and some did. I doubt many players feel he's regressed that much (even if film in 09 would suggest it)

NotMyJob
06-23-2012, 11:47 PM
just do it like the smart people and put an asterisk next to his name.

RCAChainGang
06-24-2012, 01:26 AM
I agree with the top 10 but I think I would just flip the order of some. Good list though.

vidae
06-24-2012, 01:55 AM
Where's Matt Cassel???

i actually think vidae murdered him

Allegedly. Remember scotty, that is the key word. Allegedly.

And I pretty much agree with that list. Peyton, right now, is too high I think. Other than that, solid.

scottyboy
06-24-2012, 04:41 AM
Where is Tim Tebow on this list,he should be top ten easy.

we didn't do fullbacks yet

niel89
06-24-2012, 02:59 PM
Pretty much what I expected and nothing terribly wrong with it. I like Eli at #4. He may be the most clutch QB playing. I would trust the other 3 QBs above him to put the game away in the first 3 quarters, but I trust Eli the most in the 4th. I can see an argument for Came but honestly the QBs on this list are just better than him.

ChiFan24
06-24-2012, 03:03 PM
Cutty shits on Stafford. Pretty good list though.

niel89
06-24-2012, 03:10 PM
Stafford just threw for 41 Td's and 5000+ yards. That is impressive no matter who you are throwing to. I'm a solid Cutler fan and I believe he does an amazing job with garbage around him, but Stafford was great last year.

Splat
06-24-2012, 03:15 PM
Where's Matt Cassel???

nepg hacked descendency's account.

bigbluedefense
06-25-2012, 02:06 PM
I think this is a great list. I had Brady #1, but overall it's very similar to what I had. I like it.

gpngc
06-25-2012, 02:35 PM
I'm intrigued to see what Jaws' top 20 looks like. ESPN actually did something about actual sports for once. His QB spots are terrific.

WCH
06-25-2012, 02:57 PM
I think that Rodgers and Brady are so close that it's practically a distinction without a difference. I had Rodgers higher just because of homerism.

The vote totals are interesting. It almost breaks down into a series of micro-tiers;

1. Rodgers and Brady
2. Drew Brees
3. Eli and Peyton
4. Big Ben
5. Stafford and Rivers
7. Romo and Cutler

Each "tier" has a 35-40 point difference.

descendency
06-25-2012, 05:08 PM
nepg hacked descendency's account.

I honestly think he's a bit under-rated on the internet. (not top 10 good, but I see people act like there aren't 10 QBs that he isn't better than)