PDA

View Full Version : Second year player?

Splat
06-27-2012, 02:57 PM
What second year player on you're favorite team are you most excited about?

I'm pretty curious to see what Jonathan Baldwin and Rodney Hudson bring to the table, but both guys are still questionmarks.

The second year guy I'm most excited about is easily Justin Houston, with his strong showing to end the season.

OSUGiants17
06-27-2012, 03:02 PM
Prince Amukamara and Marvin Austin. Both missed last year so this is basically their rookie season. Prince gives us a play making CB who can be our nickle guy and Marvin could be an interior pass rusher for us if all goes well.

EDIT: O and Tyler Sash who will most likely be taking over for Deon Grant

jrdrylie
06-27-2012, 03:03 PM
The only player 2nd year player on the Bears I'm really excited about is Gabe Carimi. He was injured most of the year which forced me to watch Frank Omiyale try to protect Jay Cutler.

San Diego Chicken
06-27-2012, 03:09 PM
Vincent Brown. I just hope he has the opportunities, but he's so naturally good I don't see how they can keep him off the field.

phlysac
06-27-2012, 03:17 PM
http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/6265/perrishcox.jpg
Perrish Cox

If he counts. Didn't play in 2011.

ChiFan24
06-27-2012, 03:20 PM
I was a big Stephen Paea fan coming out. I want to see him show something.

vikes_28
06-27-2012, 03:21 PM
Christian Ponder, obviously.

fear the elf
06-27-2012, 03:28 PM
Am I allowed to say all of them??? They all could see very significant playing time this year, which is both good and bad depending on your perspective...

If I had to narrow it down a bit, I'd say Jabaal Sheard, Greg Little, and Eric Hagg are the ones I'm most excited about, followed by Jordan Cameron, Buster Skrine, and Jason Pinkston.

It's kind of nice because I'm interested in each for slightly different reasons:

Group 1

Sheard - he straight beasted as a rookie and I want to see if he can keep getting better
Little - showed flashes last year, dedicated himself and came to camp in great shape, and his progression is the only hope for a weak receiver group
Hagg - has impressed coaches enough to be the early leader for the starting FS spot as a 7th rounder

Group 2

Cameron - his incredible athletic ability is intriguing and coaches say he's one of the most improved guys out there so far
Skrine - depth at corner is a big question mark for me and he played pretty well for a 5th round rookie last year
Pinkston - held down the LG spot all year as a 5th rounder. if he can develop and do more than just hold down that spot, the left side could be devastating with a trio of Thomas/Pinkston/Mack.

tl;dr - Jabaal Sheard, Greg Little, and Eric Hagg

vidae
06-27-2012, 03:36 PM
You stole mine Splat. I was going to say Justin Houston. Jerk!

SuperPacker
06-27-2012, 03:36 PM
Randall Cobb is gonna beast it as our #3 receiver next season.

Pat Sims 90
06-27-2012, 03:48 PM
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/sports/files/2011/10/dalton_green_540.jpg

A Perfect Score
06-27-2012, 03:58 PM
I'm expecting a big year from Torrey Smith.

tjsunstein
06-27-2012, 04:01 PM
Randall Cobb, obviously.
Alex Green, we need something out of the backfield.

WCH
06-27-2012, 04:08 PM
It's hard not to be excited about Randall Cobb.

I also expect Ryan Taylor to be the #2 TE and get some snaps at H-Back.

FUNBUNCHER
06-27-2012, 04:40 PM
WR Leonard Hankerson and DT Jarvis Jenkins.
If the Skins have any hope of approaching 8+ wins, these guys need to have monster sophomore seasons.

K Train
06-27-2012, 04:58 PM
cam heyward was a ******* beast at the point of attack last season, i cant wait for him to get more reps, hes going to be SO much better than hood.

marcus gilbert is gonna have to hold down the left or right side next year, depending on mike adams.

curtis brown is gonna replace william ***, its gonna be magical

Splat
06-27-2012, 05:36 PM
You stole mine Splat. I was going to say Justin Houston. Jerk!

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll36/Bigsteve87/Gifs/anigif_idc-17858-1311881440-1.gif

vidae
06-27-2012, 05:38 PM
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll36/Bigsteve87/Gifs/anigif_idc-17858-1311881440-1.gif

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2rk7gzBQo1qzi80do1_250.gif

princefielder28
06-27-2012, 05:44 PM
Randall Cobb is gonna beast it as our #3 receiver next season.

Randall Cobb, obviously.
Alex Green, we need something out of the backfield.

It's hard not to be excited about Randall Cobb.

I also expect Ryan Taylor to be the #2 TE and get some snaps at H-Back.

Cobb is the obvious (and well deserved) choice...Alex Green has a wonderful chance to make an impact for the team, especially as a 3rd down back...Ryan Taylor is solid on special teams and that's where I expect him to continue to make an impact; he wasn't an offensive threat at North Carolina and I don't think that'll change...I feel Davon House will be the one to breakthrough considering Woodson's age and Tramon's on-going shoulder issue

ArkyRamsFan
06-27-2012, 06:26 PM
Had a hard time narrowing it down to just one guy so I'll give ya'll my thoughts on 4 of 'em.

1.) Robert Quinn...he's gotta bring the rush as our new RDE to keep Chris Long from being doubled all game.

2.) Lance Kendricks...Fish and Schotty love to throw to the Tight End so this guy has to step up and make some plays. Would be best if he would cut down on his drops...

3.) Greg Salas...here's hoping he can beat out Amendola (no, not Sandusky's greasy lawyer) and grab the slot WR position. Has great hands and good YAC and a lot more upside than little Danny....

4.) Austin Pettis...at 6'2 1/2" this guy should be able to do something in the red zone...something the Rams have not had in years.

VAfy-ya
06-27-2012, 06:39 PM
Aldon Smith is probably the obvious pick among most Niner fans but Im going go with Chris Culliver. Cully got glowing reviews from the beat writers through all the OTAs and mini-camp and I think he could end up being one of the better CBs to come out of what is shaping up to be a stellar 2011 CB draft class.

Brodeur
06-27-2012, 06:44 PM
I'm pretty sure our entire 2011 draft class is either suspended or on leave for punching out a teammate.

Caulibflower
06-27-2012, 07:03 PM
http://media.thenewstribune.com/smedia/2011/12/13/02/02/KLGCZ.St.5.JPG

http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/06/47/05/1732942/5/628x471.jpg

These two.

Grizzlegom
06-27-2012, 07:20 PM
For Miami, I'm going to have to go with Charles Clay. He's probably the best receiving threat we have from the TE position and he's going to be asked to play the Jermichael Finley position as the GB offense heads to South Beach. Pretty excited to see if he can meet the challenge.

Aside from him, Daniel Thomas staying healthy could be a great 1-2 punch if Bush can replicate last year's success and hopefully Mike Pouncey can make steady improvement. Jimmy Wilson is another wild card in the secondary that could surprise. I wish my answer was Clyde Gates but apparently he's been dreadful so far this offseason :-(

TitanHope
06-27-2012, 08:08 PM
Jake Locker is a pretty cool guy. He sits the bench too long and doesn't afraid of anyone.

tjsunstein
06-27-2012, 08:09 PM
Cobb is the obvious (and well deserved) choice...Alex Green has a wonderful chance to make an impact for the team, especially as a 3rd down back...Ryan Taylor is solid on special teams and that's where I expect him to continue to make an impact; he wasn't an offensive threat at North Carolina and I don't think that'll change...I feel Davon House will be the one to breakthrough considering Woodson's age and Tramon's on-going shoulder issue

Honestly, I like Casey Heyward more than House but the opportunity is there or both of them.

DJ Williams has more offensive potential than Ryan Taylor ever will, a two TE set would be nice but its not necessary.

Im surprised no Packers fans have mentioned DJ Smith, who could very well start over Hawk.

princefielder28
06-27-2012, 08:30 PM
Honestly, I like Casey Heyward more than House but the opportunity is there or both of them.

DJ Williams has more offensive potential than Ryan Taylor ever will, a two TE set would be nice but its not necessary.

Im surprised no Packers fans have mentioned DJ Smith, who could very well start over Hawk.

Hayward's fit in our defense is going to be interesting to see develop in year one becuase we prefer to run man-to-man defense and Hayward thrives as a zone corner.

DJ Smith should be a starter in this upcoming season

WCH
06-27-2012, 09:04 PM
You can't start Smith without benching Bishop or Hawk, and I don't know if they're ready to take that step.

G Mobile
06-27-2012, 11:36 PM
Torres Smith is the obvious choice for the Ravens but the real interesting player to watch is Pernell McPhee. 5th rounder out of Mississippi state had 6 sacks as a rotational player at 3-4 DE. With Redding now gone he figures to get good minutes rotating, with Arthur Jones now.

Caulibflower
06-28-2012, 01:49 AM
Jake Locker is a pretty cool guy. He sits the bench too long and doesn't afraid of anyone.

http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae32/Fly-Ty/15fc7_ORIG-the_rock_clap_clap_gif.gif

VAfy-ya
06-28-2012, 03:22 AM
Torres Smith is the obvious choice for the Ravens but the real interesting player to watch is Pernell McPhee. 5th rounder out of Mississippi state had 6 sacks as a rotational player at 3-4 DE. With Redding now gone he figures to get good minutes rotating, with Arthur Jones now.

I really like McPhee. He was pretty disruptive last year with limited reps. I don't think you'll miss Redding in the slightest.

Razor
06-28-2012, 03:35 AM
I'm not really *excited" about any of the second year players, although I feel like we got some solid contributors in that draft. Nate Solder will have to prove himself at LT this season, and Marcus Cannon will be a very capable backup until Vollmer goes down with an injury. Mallet is the third QB right now. Shane Vereen looks poised to take over the starting job at RB, with Ridley making a strong case for him starting as well. The fumbling issues doesn't help him though.

XxXdragonXxX
06-28-2012, 09:37 AM
1. CB Richard Sherman

2. WR Doug Baldwin

3. OLB K.J. Wright

4. CB Brandon Browner (I count him as a 2nd year player even though he was drafted like 5 years ago, he never made a roster til last year.)

5. WR Ricardo Lockette

And Carpenter and Moffit to I guess.

ATLDirtyBirds
06-28-2012, 09:57 AM
It seems like the majority of this thread is just everyone listing all their draft picks from last year.

Easy pick for Atlanta is Julio Jones, seeing as how he pretty much was our draft. But I'll go with Jaquizz Rodgers. With new OC Dirk Koetter looking to add a lot more of a screen element to our game (and Turner being completely unable to catch), Quizz should get a lot of touches. Showed he belongs last year in my mind, but I'm interested to see if he can be more of a 15+ touch a game guy, or a 5 touch a game type.

Here's 5 guys from other teams I'm really excited about:

1. CB Richard Sherman, SEA
-He played absolutely tremendous. If I was building a team, he would be one of my first choices for corners. I love him pressing people at the line, and you can tell with his incredibly ball skills and body control that he was a former WR. Very impressive kid, hopefully last year wasn't a fluke.

2. DE Robert Quinn, STL
-Easily one of my top 5 players in last year's class. I was completely in love with him as a prospect. I think he's a young John Abraham. You could see his play getting better as he shook off some of that rust. With Long on the other side, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he was a double digit sack guy.

3. WR Leonard Hankerson, WAS
-Thought he was an extremely underrated prospect. As a fan of the U, I want to see him succeed. I worry about him getting burred a bit, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him rise above Moss, Morgan, and Garcon. Struggled early, but looked much better late in the season.

4. CB Patrick Peterson, ARZ
-The way he played towards the end of last year, I think he could easily come out of 2012 as "the guy" behind Revis.

5. CB DeMarus Van Dyke, OAK
-Once again, a little bit of a U bias, but I think he looked much better than anyone could have thought last year. He's more than just sub 4.3 speed. When I watched him play, he reminded me of DRC in 2009, when he was an upper echelon corner. I think I read that DVD is expected to start, and I'm interested in watching him develop.

Don Vito
06-28-2012, 10:02 AM
I'm very excited to see what Ras-I Dowling can do, he could be a huge piece for us this year.

Solder has a lot of responsibility on him now with Light retired.

Marcus Cannon has a ton of talent and could have a starting role this year.

The two running backs Vereen and Ridley will have to step up.

Oh yeah, and RYAN MALLET

This class is going to be counted on a lot this season

Razor
06-28-2012, 10:08 AM
I'm very excited to see what Ras-I Dowling can do, he could be a huge piece for us this year.

Solder has a lot of responsibility on him now with Light retired.

Marcus Cannon has a ton of talent and could have a starting role this year.

The two running backs Vereen and Ridley will have to step up.

Oh yeah, and RYAN MALLET

This class is going to be counted on a lot this season
Completely forgot about Dowling, which ironically is the only player from last year who I think will make a big impact this year provided that he can stay healthy. He's going to start opposite McCourty pretty early on.

Hines
06-28-2012, 11:44 AM
Outside of the guys K-train listed, I'll give you some more names who could make a nice impact on the defense this season:

Cortez Allen CB- I think he could eventually be the starter this year. Love his size, speed, and length. Was raw coming out, but looks to be a very, very good player for the Steelers and is making Lebeau change his defensive philosophy.

Chris Carter OLB- I think he's going to be a big player. I am a Jason Worilds fan, but I think Carter is the better player and will be in the future. Wouldn't be surprised to see Worilds cut or inactive while Carter gets a hat on gamedays.

ChiFan24
06-28-2012, 02:27 PM
It seems like the majority of this thread is just everyone listing all their draft picks from last year.

It was a lock to happen. I tried to stick with just Paea, but deep down I'm hoping Carimi can be Jon Runyan and Chris Conte can be Mike Brown.

Maybe This Year Mayhew
06-28-2012, 02:45 PM
Non Lions (although I think Fairley will be a beast if he stops getting arrested)

Julio Jones(going to be a stud)
Jimmy Smith
Ryan Williams

TimD
06-28-2012, 03:09 PM
There was a lot of talk coming from the Jets about expecting big things from Mo Wilkerson. I hope his car accident doesn't take him away from training for too long. He had a solid rookie year, and I can't wait to see him play this year.

armageddon
06-28-2012, 03:37 PM
Had a hard time narrowing it down to just one guy so I'll give ya'll my thoughts on 4 of 'em.

1.) Robert Quinn...he's gotta bring the rush as our new RDE to keep Chris Long from being doubled all game.

2.) Lance Kendricks...Fish and Schotty love to throw to the Tight End so this guy has to step up and make some plays. Would be best if he would cut down on his drops...

3.) Greg Salas...here's hoping he can beat out Amendola (no, not Sandusky's greasy lawyer) and grab the slot WR position. Has great hands and good YAC and a lot more upside than little Danny....

4.) Austin Pettis...at 6'2 1/2" this guy should be able to do something in the red zone...something the Rams have not had in years.

Agree on all. Also, with this years draft class of DT Brockers, WR Quick, CB Jenkins, RB Pead, CB Johnson, WR Givens and OG Watkins, they are loaded with young talent. Then add in Bradford, SJax, MLB Lariunitus, DE Long, CB's Finnegin, Fletcher, Murphy and Gordy, and the Rams are suddenly looking like a pretty good team. WR Amendola is healthy, and so are OT's Saffold and Smith. They also added some really good vets in FA. Pro Bowl OC Wells, and veteran LB's Macintosh, Dunbar and Haggan and DE Hayes and DT Langford. Their D looks top 10 and the O will be vastly improved. Fisher and his all star coaching will see to it. 10-6

SuperMcGee
06-28-2012, 03:56 PM
Oh, so many. I'll go with Kelvin Sheppard taking over as the MIKE behind our new line being the guy I most have my eyes out for. Been a lot of talk about him in the early offseason, the only linebacker we're really banking on besides Barnett. I'm excited to see him in the role. Also look out for Justin Rogers, 7th round corner who could find himself in nickel duty in a competitive group.

And, of course, Dareus is going to wreak havoc. Williams has a bunch of potential as a starting outside corner.

DoughBoy
06-28-2012, 04:03 PM
Tough choice for the Titans to pick just one player. We had 4 rookies in starting last year between Karl Klug, Jurrell Casey, Colin McCarthy and Akeem Ayers. Akeem in particular is going to be really fun to watch this year if they let him rush the passer more and play him as a nickle DE like they said they are.

BucSquad
06-28-2012, 04:50 PM
Adrian Clayborn- Solid rookie season, needs to take it to next level.

Luke Stocker- Most likely the starting TE.

Mason Foster-Average rookie year, need someone to step up for LB core(hopefully Foster and David are studs).

onejayhawk
06-28-2012, 06:44 PM
The Chiefs have an impact OLB in Justin Houston. Look for double digit sacks and Pro Bowl attention.

1st round WR Jonathan Baldwin and 3rd round DE Allen Bailey are also worth notice.

J

Ness
06-28-2012, 08:46 PM
Aldon Smith is probably the obvious pick among most Niner fans but Im going go with Chris Culliver. Cully got glowing reviews from the beat writers through all the OTAs and mini-camp and I think he could end up being one of the better CBs to come out of what is shaping up to be a stellar 2011 CB draft class.

I chose Culliver too. I hope he turns out to be a good player.

Brent
06-28-2012, 10:17 PM
I chose Culliver too. I hope he turns out to be a good player.
I'd like to add to what my fellow Niner fans said, but I'm also curious to see how Nate Byham does after missing all of last season with an injury.

Caulibflower
06-28-2012, 10:35 PM
I'm awfully curious to see what Mark Ingram looks like next year.

RaiderNation
06-28-2012, 10:40 PM
Has to be Denarius Moore or Taiwan Jones for the Raiders. Moore bursted onto the scene last year and now has a full off season to work with Carson Palmer. Jones was hurt for most of last year, but coaches and media raved about his homerun speed and there were glimpes of it during the pre season. With the new ZBS coming in Jones could really make a difference behind DMC if they both can stay on the field.

Brent
06-28-2012, 11:33 PM
Denarius Moore is going to beast on the AFCW

Abaddon
06-28-2012, 11:43 PM
Vincent Brown. I just hope he has the opportunities, but he's so naturally good I don't see how they can keep him off the field.

I was really impressed with this kid. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him starting by season's end. Granted, that's due in part to my expecting a certain FA acquisition to flop. But I think Brown is a guy who could be a #1 target soon.

5. CB DeMarus Van Dyke, OAK
-Once again, a little bit of a U bias, but I think he looked much better than anyone could have thought last year. He's more than just sub 4.3 speed. When I watched him play, he reminded me of DRC in 2009, when he was an upper echelon corner. I think I read that DVD is expected to start, and I'm interested in watching him develop.

He definitely showed the ability to shadow a WR and stay in his hip pocket. Trouble is, he's one of the least aware CBs I've ever seen. Over at Black Reign, people have taken to calling him "Traffic." As in, the guy he's covering will get credit for catching a pass in traffic. A pretty easy feat against DVD since he never looks back for the ball or seems to expect it to come his way.

Still, the fact that he can stay in such tight coverage without a lot of grabbing caught the eye of a lot of fans. If awareness is something you can teach, the potential is there.

He's not expected to start, however. If Spencer or Bartell doesn't perform, though, DVD might be the first guy off the bench to vie for the job...unless the new coaching staff values tackling ability.

Cigaro
06-28-2012, 11:44 PM
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b254/godsavelazy/425599222.gif

themaninblack
06-29-2012, 02:39 PM
I'm curious to see if Dontay Moch is even going to make the active rooster. havent gotten to see much of anything from him thus far due to extenuating circumstances.

But really I'm looking forward to see AJ Green and Andy Dalton continue to improve and become dominant players in this league(esp. AJ).

fenikz
06-29-2012, 05:23 PM
Obviously Patrick Peterson will be interesting to watch, was a shut down CB that last 6 games or so and his return ability is simply unmatched.

Ryan Williams returning from his ruptured Patella tendon should be our #1 RB if healthy.

Rob Housler with a full year in Lott's S&T could be scary, will never be a true inline TE but fits the mold of Jimym Graham/Aaron Hernandez and hopefully can beat out Heap, King & Dray for the #1 TE spot.

Sam Acho could very well break out for a 12-15 sack year and rise to pro bowl status. Simply knows football and picked up Horton's scheme faster than anyone.

Sherman is a great blocker and should be a starting FB for 5-10 years

Sturdivant has all the talent in the world but was on the practice squad all of last year will be interesting to see if he can beat out Reggie Walker for a roster spot

David Carter was quite possibly our 2nd best rookie last year and did an amazing job filling in for Williams at NT despite his lack of true NT size, with Williams returning I expect he will get plenty of playing time at every position and is just a true steal.

Last year's class is simply insane, Housler & Sturdivant the only ones who won't be guaranteed playing time

Bulldogs
06-29-2012, 06:13 PM
Other than the obvious homer picks in Julio Jones and Jacquizz Rodgers, who will both play huge roles, I'm going with this guy. I had him ranked as a top 5 receiver in last year's class, he started to play well right before his injury. Should be fun to watch him alongside RGIII if he can earn that starting spot.

http://ucanes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Hank-403x540.jpg

TheFinisher
06-30-2012, 07:58 AM
I'm interested in seeing what Bruce Carter is all about this year, we drafted him high in the 2nd Round knowing he'd basically be redshirting his rookie season due to that ACL injury. He's near the cream of the crop in terms of athleticism for the LB position, and before that knee injury he was being hyped as one of the best WLB prospects to come out in recent years. I'm hoping he is that guy, but we'll see.

jdwiwCVK2AE

BaLLiN
06-30-2012, 08:42 AM
I wanna see Jake Locker start, I truly feel he would've been just under Cam in OROY if he had started.

phlysac
06-30-2012, 11:50 AM
I wanna see Jake Locker start, I truly feel he would've been just under Cam in OROY if he had started.

You feel he would've been just under the greatest statistical performance a rookie QB has ever had? Or just 2nd in voting?

wicket
06-30-2012, 11:54 AM
both Cameron Jordan and Martez Wilson are going to be sweet this year

Caulibflower
06-30-2012, 01:41 PM
both Cameron Jordan and Martez Wilson are going to be sweet this year

Cameron Jordan was one of my favorite prospects last year, but I wasn't blown away by his rookie season. Still got high hopes for him, and it's not like doesn't have time (Chris Long, etc.) Let's see how his Richard Seymour impression goes this next go-round. I remember he was just manhandling people at the Senior Bowl.

wicket
06-30-2012, 02:37 PM
Cameron Jordan was one of my favorite prospects last year, but I wasn't blown away by his rookie season. Still got high hopes for him, and it's not like doesn't have time (Chris Long, etc.) Let's see how his Richard Seymour impression goes this next go-round. I remember he was just manhandling people at the Senior Bowl.

he was pretty good already towards the end of the season

Caulibflower
06-30-2012, 03:44 PM
he was pretty good already towards the end of the season

Yeah, I did remember thinking he was at least getting significant snaps towards the end, I just remember he wasn't playing a whole lot near the beginning of the season, and when I'd watched him he just didn't look as physically dominant as I'd expected him to. But again, we're talking about my expectation of a player coming in and playing at a high level immediately, when it's perfectly reasonable to expect it to take a couple years. Hence my continuing interest.

A Perfect Score
06-30-2012, 04:02 PM
Cameron Jordan WAS my favorite prospect in last year's draft. I was heartbroken he was taken 2 picks before us (It worked out, we got my 2nd favorite prospect in Jimmy Smith). I was expecting bigger things from him as a rookie, I hope he blows it up as a sophomore.

CashmoneyDrew
06-30-2012, 04:17 PM
That whole draft class for the Tits, basically.

Caulibflower
06-30-2012, 04:20 PM
Cameron Jordan WAS my favorite prospect in last year's draft. I was heartbroken he was taken 2 picks before us (It worked out, we got my 2nd favorite prospect in Jimmy Smith). I was expecting bigger things from him as a rookie, I hope he blows it up as a sophomore.

Imagine being a Seahawks fan BEFORE we knew Red Bryant was good, thinking "The Next Richard Seymour" was about to fall into our laps...

...Then seeing him go the pick before ours. Then seeing us pick James Carpenter.

A Perfect Score
06-30-2012, 04:23 PM
Imagine being a Seahawks fan BEFORE we knew Red Bryant was good, thinking "The Next Richard Seymour" was about to fall into our laps...

...Then seeing him go the pick before ours. Then seeing us pick James Carpenter.

Ok fine, yours is worse. In my defense, I loved my some Cameron Jordan though. I always thought he was more Justin Tuck then Richard Seymour.

Halsey
06-30-2012, 04:40 PM
Juliozz Jonezz and Jacquizz Rodgerzz!

Caulibflower
06-30-2012, 04:53 PM
'Quizz knows!

stlouisfan37
06-30-2012, 08:50 PM

I am definitely looking for great things from Kendricks this year. I think the WCO suits him much better than McDaniels' offense did last year. I can see him putting up 60/600/7.

With the addition of Quick and Givens, I don't see both Pettis and Salas making the team this year. Pettis is probably the odd man out unless he makes huge strides this offseason. One of the things that Rams' coaches raved about him coming out of college was that he was such a student of the game and loved the film room, yet he looked lost on the field a lot of the time last season. I think our 6 WR's will be Quick/Givens/Smith/Amendola/Alexander/Salas.

bigbluedefense
06-30-2012, 09:03 PM
Jimmy Smith
Robert Quinn
JJ Watt
Aldon Smith
Cam
PP
Prince
AJ Green

Hines
06-30-2012, 09:33 PM
He was probably talked about, but I think Denarius Moore is going to put up HUGE numbers this year.

ArkyRamsFan
06-30-2012, 11:58 PM
I am definitely looking for great things from Kendricks this year. I think the WCO suits him much better than McDaniels' offense did last year. I can see him putting up 60/600/7.

With the addition of Quick and Givens, I don't see both Pettis and Salas making the team this year. Pettis is probably the odd man out unless he makes huge strides this offseason. One of the things that Rams' coaches raved about him coming out of college was that he was such a student of the game and loved the film room, yet he looked lost on the field a lot of the time last season. I think our 6 WR's will be Quick/Givens/Smith/Amendola/Alexander/Salas.

I'm not giving up on Pettis, yet. One of the reasons the Rams took him was his ability to play the X, Y and Z WR positions. Therefore, he is not slotted to just one postion and this gives the Rams a versatile backup, whereas a guy like Amendola is really only good for the slot position.

Pettis does have great size and hands and hopefully a lot of upside.

Finally, I'm just not sure about Smith or even Alexander. Gettin' tired of these chronically injured types. Would like to see some healthy youth for a change.