PDA

View Full Version : The O.C. Game Thread- Town Wins!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

fenikz
06-30-2012, 07:40 PM
you keep doing this every time i accuse you

fenikz
06-30-2012, 07:45 PM
silence....

Dr. Gonzo
06-30-2012, 07:50 PM
silence....

I accused you yesterday and I still believe you are evil. I believe scotty more than you. Nobody has explained to me why I would act this crazy if I were evil? Why would I claim an almost unbelievable role? Why would I say I tried to kill vidae?

fenikz
06-30-2012, 07:54 PM
Because you always act crazy, you simply can not help yourself

vidae
06-30-2012, 07:59 PM
It is crazy. People are calling me out for not helping, what are these people doing to help? I have no info, I am trying to get a read on people by making them talk. If you think I haven't weeded out one or two baddies with my actions then you are a fool.

You COULD have had info. You could have investigated or watched or tracked, but you decided to commute (just trying to protect yourself from an attack that probably never came) and then tried to kill me, when you have no evidence at all that I'm bad, just a hunch.

Some of us can't help the town the way you can, and you just refuse. You're looking out for yourself like always while the rest of us suffer.

Dr. Gonzo
06-30-2012, 08:03 PM
You COULD have had info. You could have investigated or watched or tracked, but you decided to commute (just trying to protect yourself from an attack that probably never came) and then tried to kill me, when you have no evidence at all that I'm bad, just a hunch.

Some of us can't help the town the way you can, and you just refuse. You're looking out for yourself like always while the rest of us suffer.

I am not refusing. Considering there was no death night one I likely saved my own life. Info is no good if I am dead. I will be using one of my info abilities tonight. If I am blocked it will just free up others to do there thing. If I die one of Woot or Snicho gets blocked. With Shane gone we can't afford that. Nice to see you have changed your argument against me from I am evil to I refuse to help.

Dr. Gonzo
06-30-2012, 08:05 PM
Because you always act crazy, you simply can not help yourself

I really am not acting that crazy but I guess if you say it enough it's true.

vidae
06-30-2012, 08:06 PM
No, I still think you're lying and don't actually have these abilities, but arguing the same point is useless. Now I'm saying that if you're telling the truth (which I still don't think you are) then you haven't helped anyway, but you keep claiming others haven't helped.. when we can't do the things you're claiming to be able to do.

Instead of helping the rest of us you've decided to be selfish. That's my argument.

Cigaro
06-30-2012, 08:09 PM
I'm back, gonna read over the last couple of pages.

Dr. Gonzo
06-30-2012, 08:11 PM
No, I still think you're lying and don't actually have these abilities, but arguing the same point is useless. Now I'm saying that if you're telling the truth (which I still don't think you are) then you haven't helped anyway, but you keep claiming others haven't helped.. when we can't do the things you're claiming to be able to do.

Instead of helping the rest of us you've decided to be selfish. That's my argument.

Ok well I am no use to the town if I am dead so I stand by my commute. Night two trying to kill you was the wrong move, I admit it. I was worried I was going to die and my info would be useless so I tried to take out the person I was most suspicious of, you. What else do you expect me to do. I will have info tomorrow, if I don't then snicho and woot won't have been blocked. Do you not believe snicho when he backed me up? That goes for all of you that voted me.

Cigaro
06-30-2012, 08:17 PM
I fully understand the arguments that Gonzo is not helping the town. And I don't like his defense that if he were mafia he'd be crazy to be this crazy. But as soon as Gonzo died in the last game, he said he was going full Gonzo in this game, obviously before even receiving his role. It could be Gonzo being Gonzo, learning from the last game.

That being said, I still don't think he's evil. I just can't see Gonzo coming out and admitting trying to kill vidae if he were evil. I'm also thinking vidae may be good, and that basically we have two townspeople going at it.

Scotty's half role reveal is certainly very interesting, and suspicious. Overall though I'm sticking with my SP vote, we can afford to lose a townie at this point, it'd get rid of a for sure inactive and would give us a chance to use information gained tonight.

I'm also going to try and look and see who hasn't posted today.

Brothgar
06-30-2012, 08:21 PM
Here's my thoughts.

Anti Gonzo

If you look at all the other roles that we have they tend to be standard. father aka lovers or twins role, Investigator, and a miller. From what I've been told Shane's character is the biggest badass of them all. Why wouldn't he have all the awesome abilities instead of you?

Pro Gonzo

Snicho has confirmed your commute. Has there ever been an evil commuter? This is a sticking point with me.

Cigaro
06-30-2012, 08:25 PM
Rufus and Forenci only have two posts today. Kill and deep only have one. SP and Caddy have none.

Grizzlegom
06-30-2012, 08:28 PM
At this point I don't see Gonzo or vidae as good lynch options, mostly because I think both are good. Other than that, we have votes on SP, fenikz, Forenci, and Scotty.

SuperMcGee
06-30-2012, 08:37 PM
I have no idea what's going on.

The jack of all trades is still a little weird. I like it in games, but it hasn't been used in a bit and would likely not lead to a counterclaim. I'm very unfamiliar with the theme, but I'm not sure of the fit there, either. I have trusted Gonzo to this point. Snicho factor also plays in here.

Grizz seems to be suspicious of half the town, which is the most reasonable thing I have seen yet. There's still an 88% chance he is a serial killer, just because.

If you guys want info, we're going to have to make a tougher lynch. At least more people have come out to comment on Gonzo and vidae, gives us an idea should something happen to one of them. I think TH is also an interesting nucleus of information, but I'll understand if people don't want to go after him.

Cigaro
06-30-2012, 08:52 PM
I have no idea what's going on.

The jack of all trades is still a little weird. I like it in games, but it hasn't been used in a bit and would likely not lead to a counterclaim. I'm very unfamiliar with the theme, but I'm not sure of the fit there, either. I have trusted Gonzo to this point. Snicho factor also plays in here.

Grizz seems to be suspicious of half the town, which is the most reasonable thing I have seen yet. There's still an 88% chance he is a serial killer, just because.

If you guys want info, we're going to have to make a tougher lynch. At least more people have come out to comment on Gonzo and vidae, gives us an idea should something happen to one of them. I think TH is also an interesting nucleus of information, but I'll understand if people don't want to go after him.

TH is very interesting. I've never seen him play the game this seriously/go after someone in the manner he is going after Gonzo.

SuperMcGee
06-30-2012, 09:02 PM
I know he voted for him, I'd like to know how likely Snicho thinks it is that Forenci is evil based on his tidbit.

At the moment, I'd still lean vidae.

RufusMcDaniel
06-30-2012, 09:03 PM
TH is very interesting. I've never seen him play the game this seriously/go after someone in the manner he is going after Gonzo.

He was the same way in the Elder Scrolls with his Dark Brotherhood.

jrdrylie
06-30-2012, 09:07 PM
Vote Count:

Gonzo (4) TH, Vidae, killswitch, Fenikz
SP (2) Woot, Cigaro
Forenci (1) Snicho
Fenikz (1) Gonzo

With 19 remaining players, 10 votes are needed for a majority

killxswitch
06-30-2012, 09:08 PM
Snicho did not confirm Gonzo commuted. He just confirmed Gonzo wasn't there at night. He didn't commute, unless mafia members can commute. I really doubt he did though. I am certain about Gonzo. If we get him and I am wrong then I will vote myself out. I have the interests of the town in mind with my accusations, and they will be proven true if we lynch Gonzo.

If he was so powerful, why is he doing nothing to help the town? And why reveal so soon? It is a smokescreen. Let's get rid of him and knock out a mafia member early.

Cigaro
06-30-2012, 09:14 PM
Certain how?

Dr. Gonzo
06-30-2012, 09:18 PM
Snicho did not confirm Gonzo commuted. He just confirmed Gonzo wasn't there at night. He didn't commute, unless mafia members can commute. I really doubt he did though. I am certain about Gonzo. If we get him and I am wrong then I will vote myself out. I have the interests of the town in mind with my accusations, and they will be proven true if we lynch Gonzo.

If he was so powerful, why is he doing nothing to help the town? And why reveal so soon? It is a smokescreen. Let's get rid of him and knock out a mafia member early.

You are certain? Really? If you are certain are you willing to never again play mafia if you are wrong? You are wrong? I am always targeted early by the mafia. Rather than go the way of Shane I chose to reveal. If you are mafia you are likely low level so of course you would sacrifice yourself to take me out. You already have suspicions on you so might as well take out a really strong player and cripple the town before you go.

vidae
06-30-2012, 09:19 PM
You are certain? Really? If you are certain are you willing to never again play mafia if you are wrong? You are wrong? I am always targeted early by the mafia. Rather than go the way of Shane I chose to reveal. If you are mafia you are likely low level so of course you would sacrifice yourself to take me out. You already have suspicions on you so might as well take out a really strong player and cripple the town before you go.

No, we're done with that **** in this game and any future game. It is really stupid. And this is coming from a guy who used it once before.

Dr. Gonzo
06-30-2012, 09:23 PM
No, we're done with that **** in this game and any future game. It is really stupid. And this is coming from a guy who used it once before.

Fair enough but to say he is certain is just asinine.

Dr. Gonzo
06-30-2012, 09:32 PM
There is a reason there are always inactives. It has become the most viable strategy.

Cigaro
06-30-2012, 09:33 PM

That's not really true at all. Kill hasn't really been that suspected, so to argue that he's only doing this to take someone down with him makes no sense at all.

Unvote: SP
Vote: Gonzo

First, even if you are good, I don't really think your role is all too powerful in your hands. Second, we could learn a whole lot from your lynching. Third, the fact that you've on multiple instances said you wouldn't play this way if evil could in fact indicate the opposite.

jrdrylie
06-30-2012, 09:35 PM
Vote Count:

Gonzo (5) TH, Vidae, killswitch, Fenikz, Cigaro
SP (1) Woot
Forenci (1) Snicho
Fenikz (1) Gonzo

Dr. Gonzo
06-30-2012, 09:45 PM
That's not really true at all. Kill hasn't really been that suspected, so to argue that he's only doing this to take someone down with him makes no sense at all.

Unvote: SP
Vote: Gonzo

First, even if you are good, I don't really think your role is all too powerful in your hands. Second, we could learn a whole lot from your lynching. Third, the fact that you've on multiple instances said you wouldn't play this way if evil could in fact indicate the opposite.

Check out yesterday, he has been suspected. If I am lynched that just means Woot or Snicho gets blocked, you lose one of the most powerful players in the game, everyone who pushed for me is suspected and **** gets a whole lot worse tomorrow. If you are good and are voting me you are doing a while lot more damage than you all are claiming I have done.

SuperMcGee
06-30-2012, 09:45 PM
Snap, didn't realize Gonzo was already halfway to lynch. Not to say that's a lot of progress for the day, but didn't realize it had turned on him this much.

Cigaro
06-30-2012, 09:51 PM
Check out yesterday, he has been suspected. If I am lynched that just means Woot or Snicho gets blocked, you lose one of the most powerful players in the game, everyone who pushed for me is suspected and **** gets a whole lot worse tomorrow. If you are good and are voting me you are doing a while lot more damage than you all are claiming I have done.

Are you though? Perhaps if someone else had your supposed role, yes, but you clearly play for self-preservation more so than getting information and assisting the town.

Also, he's been named, there's no doubt in that, but he doesn't even have a vote cast against him. I seriously doubt that his post has anything to do with feeling pressured for his life and wanting to take someone else down. I still would like clarification as to what he means by certain, but seems dumb to just out himself like that if he were mafia.

Dr. Gonzo
06-30-2012, 09:54 PM
With no mafia deaths and kill volunteering to lynch himself when I turn up good I do think the mafia has a good shot at this. Tomorrow will be real interesting. Anyone who says I am not helping the town is flat out wrong. Lynching me is about the worst move you all can make if you look at it objectively.

Dr. Gonzo
06-30-2012, 09:56 PM
Are you though? Perhaps if someone else had your supposed role, yes, but you clearly play for self-preservation more so than getting information and assisting the town.

Also, he's been named, there's no doubt in that, but he doesn't even have a vote cast against him. I seriously doubt that his post has anything to do with feeling pressured for his life and wanting to take someone else down. I still would like clarification as to what he means by certain, but seems dumb to just out himself like that if he were mafia.

Notice how he has said nothing when asked for proof. It has been two days, I stand by my action night one and I think I was blocked night two. If I had not come out I am either dead or snicho or woot are blocked. What more do you want from me?

Cigaro
06-30-2012, 10:02 PM
With no mafia deaths and kill volunteering to lynch himself when I turn up good I do think the mafia has a good shot at this. Tomorrow will be real interesting. Anyone who says I am not helping the town is flat out wrong. Lynching me is about the worst move you all can make if you look at it objectively.

Not at all. You have provided no information so far, others have, and your ability to provide future information seems much more limited.

Notice how he has said nothing when asked for proof. It has been two days, I stand by my action night one and I think I was blocked night two. If I had not come out I am either dead or snicho or woot are blocked. What more do you want from me?

Kill hasn't clarified, that's true, and if he doesn't soon I'll remove my vote until he does so.

Also, what are your exact roles/powers?

vidae
06-30-2012, 10:06 PM
KS hasn't posted since his last post in this thread, so it isn't like he's just not answering. Maybe he's asleep or something, idk. I would like that clarified, but I believe Gonzo is evil so I don't need it to cast a vote (obviously).

Dr. Gonzo
06-30-2012, 10:17 PM
Jack of all trades. I have six different abilities I can use once. I really hope this isn't how you play when you were town aligned viddy.

killxswitch
06-30-2012, 10:18 PM
Guys I just don't really play on the weekends. I have a family that takes up a lot of my time. But I have a few moments to pop in and out tonight. Cig I am glad to get your vote. It should be pretty obvious to anyone willing to invest the time and follow Gonzo's trail for a bit to see the clues and piece it together. When he is good he actually roots out the bad guys. His actions are chaotic but they do have a point and that is to keep us from doing anything worthwhile, while the mafia picks us off at night. Think about how he has played, really look at his posts. I usually post suspicions and possibilities and rarely speak in absolutes. I am sure he is mafia.

killxswitch
06-30-2012, 10:18 PM
Jack of all trades. I have six different abilities I can use once. I really hope this isn't how you play when you were town aligned viddy.

And yet you said you were going to commute a 2nd time after the first night. You are full of it. You are making this role up as you go because it doesn't exist.

killxswitch
06-30-2012, 10:19 PM
Lynch Gonzo and we kill a mafia member early. Let's start tugging on the thread now instead of after losing a few more good town members.

jrdrylie
06-30-2012, 10:23 PM
I'm off to bed. If anyone gets ten votes, someone close this thing up. I'll be up at probably 7:30 tomorrow to check. Due to it being the weekend and me having church tomorrow morning, the 24 hour clock has been extended. If no majority has been reached by the time I get home from lunch (approx 1:30 CDT), I'll extend the clock three hours.

Dr. Gonzo
06-30-2012, 10:28 PM
And yet you said you were going to commute a 2nd time after the first night. You are full of it. You are making this role up as you go because it doesn't exist.

Totally made that up to put doubt in the mafias head. Kill, do not weasel your way out of offing yourself tomorrow.

Cigaro
06-30-2012, 10:37 PM
Alright I'm going to bed, only 8 hours of sleep over the past two nights. Keeping my vote where it is, will be checking back in in the morning.

CJSchneider
06-30-2012, 10:45 PM
Vote:Gonzo

I can't see someone with 6 one-time ability JOAT players being as erratic as you have. I realize I offer little, at present, but I believe I am doing the right thing.

Brothgar
06-30-2012, 10:47 PM
Vote Gonzo

Killswitch put the nail in the coffin for me. You claimed to have a second commute and later claimed to have several one time abilities.

Brothgar
06-30-2012, 10:49 PM
UNOFFICIAL Vote Count:

Gonzo (7) TH, Vidae, killswitch, Fenikz, Cigaro, CJ, Broth
SP (1) Woot
Forenci (1) Snicho
Fenikz (1) Gonzo

Updated vote count.

jrdrylie
06-30-2012, 10:50 PM
Vote Count:

Gonzo (7) TH, Vidae, killswitch, Fenikz, Cigaro, CJ, broth
SP (1) Woot
Forenci (1) Snicho
Fenikz (1) Gonzo

Vote count updated. Really going to bed now.

Dr. Gonzo
06-30-2012, 11:21 PM
Just remember what I have said. Everyone who said they didn't have any suspicions but me should be looked at. That is classic mafia. I may not have been blocked last night and Vidae might be lying about commuting so he still could be SK or GF. I mean really if I were evil targeting vidae who I openly was accusing of being evil and then telling the town I failed makes so much sense. Anybody you think was a good player and made an argument that I was hurting the town should be looked at. Hopefully for your sake town you get info from my death. I had great powers and could help not only with them but by absorbing all role blocks. I also doubt they would have risked trying to kill me again so you did them a big favor. You deserve what you get and I thought about voting for myself but **** that, I won't make it easier for the mafia.

CJSchneider
06-30-2012, 11:36 PM
Just remember what I have said. Everyone who said they didn't have any suspicions but me should be looked at. That is classic mafia. I may not have been blocked last night and Vidae might be lying about commuting so he still could be SK or GF. I mean really if I were evil targeting vidae who I openly was accusing of being evil and then telling the town I failed makes so much sense. Anybody you think was a good player and made an argument that I was hurting the town should be looked at. Hopefully for your sake town you get info from my death. I had great powers and could help not only with them but by absorbing all role blocks. I also doubt they would have risked trying to kill me again so you did them a big favor. You deserve what you get and I thought about voting for myself but **** that, I won't make it easier for the mafia.

My rationale for voting for you allows for that possibility to still be true.

vidae
07-01-2012, 01:06 AM
It isn't true. I guessed the correct song and used it last night.

SuperMcGee
07-01-2012, 02:43 AM
It isn't true. I guessed the correct song and used it last night.

No reason to doubt this.

I wish r4l was back in the games. Especially on the weekends

I'm not going to vote for Gonzo. I'll be okay with being wrong, seeing as he is the best player ever, but I don't like it.

Forenci
07-01-2012, 04:02 AM
Because more often than not, he is evil.

You're more evil than not, jerk!

Rufus and Forenci only have two posts today. Kill and deep only have one. SP and Caddy have none.

As I explained already in this thread, as well as the sign up thread, I'm moving down to South Carolina tomorrow (Monday) and was packing all day. I should be relatively active until 6:30 p.m. tonight or so, which is when I expect I will pack my computer in my car. After that, I will try and check in on my laptop or my phone when I get down south.

I tend to believe Gonzo's story (and what Snicho has said) and think he may be good. I have a feeling I know what character would have that type of power, based on doing a little research.

Gonzo is crazy and it's always difficult to get a read on him when he goes bat **** crazy, but I feel he's telling the truth. Just my guess though.

I'm curious of a few people. Fenikz pops out of no where and votes for Gonzo.

CJ seems to have been quiet or is that just me? He usually plays it really quiet when he's evil.

The way I see it. I doubt Woot or Snicho would waste a vote on two different people if they were by chance evil. That means of the 7 voted for Gonzo, a few of them are very well mafia. Now who are the likely mafia? It's a tough question. I feel in some ways TH has supported Vidae through what he's said. It's also important to look at the timing of the voting. Mafia almost always staggers their votes, and typically votes later in the count.

While I do think Vidae could be evil, I'm willing to rule him out for now because his vote was in response to be accused significantly. That doesn't mean he isn't evil, but for the sake of eliminating one person, I'm willing to do that. However, I feel like he's dancing around the issue when he's been accused. Usually when he's good he gets pretty adamant the fact that he's good and would be a huge mistake to kill him. I might be willing to rule out Cigaro too, as he had voted SP for quite some time.

TH intrigues me. It's always hard to vote for him because he's such a lovable guy, but he got really defensive when a couple people threw accusations his way because of the pirate thing. I feel like he might have been doing that to be silly, but also to avoid suspicion through it and once people questioned him he got defensive.

Hm. I don't know. Fenikz is questionable too. He sort of popped in, voted for gonzo, and then popped out. Very mafioso-like.

Caddy
07-01-2012, 06:45 AM
Finally caught up with the thread and I really wish I wasn't so busy because god knows I love a good Gonzo argument. That said I don't buy his story, constant change of his role description and overall story. If he is telling the truth, he ****** up big time and shouldn't have told everyone about all those other powers which I'm pretty sure have been the crux of the confusion here. That said.

vote Gonzo

Also I don't have access to internet yet at my new place (using my phone at the moment which sucks) and I have to go to court tomorrow so I'll probably be MIA at least another 24 hours.

Grizzlegom
07-01-2012, 07:05 AM

Haha, this gave me a good laugh. I know it's hard to believe but I'm actually not a neutral this game!

I stated this last night before going to bed but I'm with McGee here. There's only two votes needed to finish Gonzo but I won't be one of them either, damning or not.

jrdrylie
07-01-2012, 07:17 AM
Vote Count:

Gonzo (8) TH, Vidae, killswitch, fenikz, Cigaro, CJ, broth, Caddy
SP (1) Woot
Forenci (1) snicho
Fenikz (1) Gonzo

With 19 remaining players, 10 votes are needed for majority.

CJSchneider
07-01-2012, 08:16 AM
CJ seems to have been quiet or is that just me? He usually plays it really quiet when he's evil.

I tried being more vocal for once and it led to me eating a bullet in a game of Russian Roulette. My MO is to play quiet regardless.

Wootylicous
07-01-2012, 08:19 AM
Unvote SP
Vote Gonzo

jrdrylie
07-01-2012, 08:23 AM
Vote Count:

Gonzo (9) TH, Vidae, killswitch, fenikz, Cigaro, CJ, Broth, Caddy, Woot
Forenci (1) Snicho
Fenikz (1) Gonzo

With 19 remaining players, 10 votes needed for majority.

Forenci
07-01-2012, 08:33 AM
Vote Count:

Gonzo (9) TH, Vidae, killswitch, fenikz, Cigaro, CJ, Broth, Caddy, Woot
Forenci (1) Snicho
Fenikz (1) Gonzo

Haha I never voted for Snicho. Is that supposed to be the other way around?

jrdrylie
07-01-2012, 08:35 AM
Haha I never voted for Snicho. Is that supposed to be the other way around?
No, it's right. The person with the vote is listed first. You haven't voted yet.

Forenci
07-01-2012, 08:42 AM
No, it's right. The person with the vote is listed first. You haven't voted yet.

Oh sorry. Temporary dyslexia. Don't know why I saw it the other way around.

TitanHope
07-01-2012, 08:55 AM
Unvote: Gonzo

I'm still thinking this over, and would be willing to give him one more day to use his "investigative" powers.

TitanHope
07-01-2012, 08:59 AM
Plus, I saw some reciprocation and rehashed statements and arguments that I made, and stuff like that always weirds me out. It's always so much easier for the evil guy to just repeat an argument, and point out how somebody said it first when they're confronted.

And all of Gonzo's powers being 1xShot doesn't make it seem to be so OP anymore. Still pissed he decided to kill Vidae instead of investigating someone after requesting protection.

TitanHope
07-01-2012, 09:06 AM
Also also also, I don't think Gonzo fumbled over his role. If he's telling the truth, then he'd be an idiot to reveal how many times he could use a power, so at the time, him claiming he could commute multiple times and such was just him bluffing. That's my opinion anyway, and it was smart of him to do so.

I'm not sure who based their vote off that, but it's sketchy to me since it seemed obvious to me that if Gonzo told the truth, them this could just as easily be him bluffing rather than lying.

jrdrylie
07-01-2012, 09:07 AM
Vote Count:

Gonzo (8), Vidae, killswitch, fenikz, Cigaro, CJ, Broth, Caddy, Woot
Forenci (1) Snicho
Fenikz (1) Gonzo

Updated count. We are having good discussion so the clock is officially off for the time being. No need to worry about Russian Roulette just yet.

TitanHope
07-01-2012, 09:14 AM
We are having good discussion so the clock is officially off for the time being.

Me talking to myself is always good discussion, right TH!

Grizzlegom
07-01-2012, 09:21 AM
I can't tell if you are just backtracking hard to avoid suspicion when it seems inevitable he's going to get lynched or if you've legitimately changed your mind.

killxswitch
07-01-2012, 09:23 AM
TH, you are getting too introspective and overthinking this. Unless you are mafia yourself and were trying to lay low by fake arguing with gonzo and now that things are out of hand you're trying to save him. If you are good, vote Gonzo. He is mafia. Guaranteed.

TitanHope
07-01-2012, 09:48 AM
I can't tell if you are just backtracking hard to avoid suspicion when it seems inevitable he's going to get lynched or if you've legitimately changed your mind.

I think I've legitimately changed my mind. If he's a JOAT with all these abilities, then it's pretty OP, and him claiming so many investigative abilities could be his attempt to endear himself to the town's pursuit of information. And he made a colossal mistake by asking for protection and then going vigilante instead of cop. But with that said, it is JR's first game, so he could have made a powerful role such as this. Gonzo has the personality for self preservation due to his confidence in himself. And after reading some of the posts, I can't shake the feeling that people, including myself, made easy arguments rather than good arguments, and it's the mafia jumping on the easy arguments rather than townies jumping on good arguments.

TH, you are getting too introspective and overthinking this. Unless you are mafia yourself and were trying to lay low by fake arguing with gonzo and now that things are out of hand you're trying to save him. If you are good, vote Gonzo. He is mafia. Guaranteed.

Fake arguing with Gonzo and then jumping out when there's one vote left would be silly. I was the first to vote for him, so why risk the good graces of the town in leading the lynch for a bad guy just to make a likely vain attempt at the inevitable?

I'm good. Be rest assured. But whether it's just the realization that Gonzo will be lynched, me realizing there's a chance we could be killing a good guy with productive powers, or just a gut feeling, I can't shake the feeling that this is a mistake.

The only thing is, that's probably not going to happen since people don't want to start from square one with the night phase being so close, and there's really no other option with so many guys essentially being at the same suspicion level. So I can stay the course, pull a McGee and just not vote, or pull a 180 and go after somebody else.

And yes, I am 100% overthinking this. I'm just not sure what to do.

vidae
07-01-2012, 09:53 AM
You are definitely overthinking this, TH. I can all but guarantee that if we let Gonzo live tonight I'm dead tomorrow. He doesn't have investigative powers, he is just a killer, and he will target me again.. except this time I can't commute.

TitanHope
07-01-2012, 10:06 AM
My high school pre-cal teacher always told me I over thought things too much. Little did she know, I over thought things in addition to sucking at math, but over thinking sounds so much better than being stupid.

I'd say have Woot and Snicho watch and track you guys, but that's a failure at best and death sentence for them at worst.

I've been thinking Gonzo vying for protection and pretending like he's being protected would be a good cover for an evil person claiming these powers and then surviving night after night. Because no protector would ever confirm his suggestions. But he's a egomaniac, and it's impossible to tell if he's just being himself or lying. It's very possibly he feigned a vigilante kill attempt on you after seeing his kill or mafia's kill didn't go through.

scottyboy
07-01-2012, 10:23 AM
christ TH is going all super psycho analysis on us. gonzo's tricky, he always is. it's how he plays, i'm just not sure with him right meow

TitanHope
07-01-2012, 10:23 AM
Am I the only one who wonders what the mafia says about them behind their backs?

I hope it's nice.

TitanHope
07-01-2012, 10:30 AM
At this point, the only thing I'm certain of is if Gonzo's evil, I'm giving him a lot of credit with all of these scenarios. That's been a big hangup for me. I can't believe the guy who pulled the Job lynch would be capable of this.

SuperMcGee
07-01-2012, 10:34 AM
It is a heck of a play, if so. You would pretty much have to not kill on night one and possibly not roleblock night two. T

TitanHope
07-01-2012, 10:44 AM
It is a heck of a play, if so. You would pretty much have to not kill on night one and possibly not roleblock night two. T

Who's to say he didn't try to kill on night one? Gonzo will claim one thing, and when it doesn't occur, he'll then claim it was his plan or idea all along for it to end up that way. He could have tried to kill, it failed, and then the next day pulled out of his butt that it was him who was targeted and his baiting from the day before worked.

Cigaro
07-01-2012, 10:50 AM

I want to hear TH out. You said you think that some of the people voting for Gonzo may be mafia tagging along. I have one person in mind, who do you think it could possibly be?

vidae
07-01-2012, 10:55 AM
This is an interesting turn of events to say the least.

Cigaro
07-01-2012, 11:00 AM

I want to hear TH out. You said you think that some of the people voting for Gonzo may be mafia tagging along. I have one person in mind, who do you think it could possibly be?

Should be kind of obvious, but I worded it somewhat awkwardly, I'm not asking who do you think I'm suspicious of, rather who are you suspicious of.

vidae
07-01-2012, 11:02 AM
This is weird, because if literally anyone else claimed all that Gonzo is claiming, they would have been dead in an hour. Not to mention we have someone saying they're sure he is evil.. I don't know. This isn't making much sense.

Cigaro
07-01-2012, 11:04 AM
This is weird, because if literally anyone else claimed all that Gonzo is claiming, they would have been dead in an hour. Not to mention we have someone saying they're sure he is evil.. I don't know. This isn't making much sense.

Kill is saying he is certain because of Gonzo's posting patterns, not information, as far as I'm aware.

TitanHope
07-01-2012, 11:05 AM

Caddy and Fenikz. Both are nowhere, and then pop in and suddenly vote for Gonzo while giving easy excuses for doing so.

DeepThreat
07-01-2012, 11:07 AM
I will admit that fenikz has jumped to the top of my list. Everything he's done has been suspicious as hell.

Cigaro
07-01-2012, 11:11 AM
There is another...

I didn't want to reveal this until tomorrow, but I could die overnight without getting the information out, and plus my plan would necessitate putting another life at risk by doing so.

I've been jailkeeping CJ the past two nights, when there has been a total of one kill. JR said this game was going to be pretty standard, so I would assume there is both an SK and mafia killer, meaning there should be two deaths a night. When there were no kills the first night, I jailkept him again to see if he was the target or targeter. There was still only one kill the second night.

CJ may either be mafia or SK, but I'm fairly certain he's a killer.

Vote: CJ

Grizzlegom
07-01-2012, 11:11 AM
I will admit that fenikz has jumped to the top of my list. Everything he's done has been suspicious as hell.

Not to mention he's still alive haha

vidae
07-01-2012, 11:13 AM
I'm not changing my vote from Gonzo. If I do I'm ******* dead tonight. He will try to kill me again. He's lying to you all.

Dr. Gonzo
07-01-2012, 11:21 AM
Well I am surprised I am not dead. TH is right though. I needed to bluff to throw off the mafia. Night one I commute, if I don't, I am dead in my mind. There are no deaths that night so I know I made the right move. Day two there was so much suspicion cast my way that I kind of thought I would be killed after I sort of messed up by telling the town I commuted. In hindsight I should have not said anything and waited for someone to accuse me of being evil because I have to imagine either the SK, mafia, or both were pissed they failed to kill me. Did I make some mistakes, sure. That said the argument that I am not helping is bull. If I could go back I would not have tried to kill Vidae. He still could be evil but at least if I had tried to use another power and got no result I would know I was blocked.

Votes that really stuck out to me were Fenikz, CJ, and Caddy. I still don't get how taking me out is the right move rather than taken out on inactive. Yes you will get some information but there have been so many people voting against me that some of obviously townies so tomorrow will be confusing as ****. I urge you all to vote a new way. I have been honest from the start except for a few bluffs about my role early on to trip up the mafia and I will continue to be honest (unlike a certain Woot).

Dr. Gonzo
07-01-2012, 11:22 AM
There is another...

I didn't want to reveal this until tomorrow, but I could die overnight without getting the information out, and plus my plan would necessitate putting another life at risk by doing so.

I've been jailkeeping CJ the past two nights, when there has been a total of one kill. JR said this game was going to be pretty standard, so I would assume there is both an SK and mafia killer, meaning there should be two deaths a night. When there were no kills the first night, I jailkept him again to see if he was the target or targeter. There was still only one kill the second night.

You bastard Cig! I was so close to dying. Not only have I been suspicious of CJ but that evidence is pretty damning. Maybe I wasn't protected last night.

Unvote: Fenikz

vidae
07-01-2012, 11:24 AM
Well, if you guys lynch CJ then it was nice playin with you. I'm ******* dead tonight if Gonzo doesn't die. If that's fine with you guys then I'm fine with it too. It's whatever at this point.

TitanHope
07-01-2012, 11:25 AM
There is another...

That's certainly interesting. I'd like to hear from CJ, but he's been using the excuse of him being vocal last game having getting him killed, so he could be using that as an excuse to lay low. And he has speculated a few times on SK's.

Dr. Gonzo
07-01-2012, 11:26 AM
I'm not changing my vote from Gonzo. If I do I'm ******* dead tonight. He will try to kill me again. He's lying to you all.

Ok, say I am the killer. Why would I try to kill you? Why? The reason I already tried to kill you was because of posts like this. It makes no sense. Like I said, if I could go back I would not try and kill you. It was the wrong move, I had been drinking, my bad. I still do think you are evil and was worried I would die so I wanted to put my role to use and take out someone evil with me. You happened to be the person I was most sure was evil. Even so, I should have trusted that I put enough doubt into the mafias head that their kill would fail if they went for me.

SuperMcGee
07-01-2012, 11:27 AM
Who's to say he didn't try to kill on night one? Gonzo will claim one thing, and when it doesn't occur, he'll then claim it was his plan or idea all along for it to end up that way. He could have tried to kill, it failed, and then the next day pulled out of his butt that it was him who was targeted and his baiting from the day before worked.

Yeah I got little rushed into posting an incomplete thought. Quite possible, as the mafia has definitely run into some bad luck.

SuperMcGee
07-01-2012, 11:29 AM
Oh snap, that could also be causing their bad luck, Cig. I could get on board with that.

Cigaro
07-01-2012, 11:30 AM
That's certainly interesting. I'd like to hear from CJ, but he's been using the excuse of him being vocal last game having getting him killed, so he could be using that as an excuse to lay low. And he has speculated a few times on SK's.

After I jailkept him the first night, he came out with this;

You could have also had a SK or mafia assassin roleblocked.

His vote for Gonzo is what changed my opinion of him. I was thinking Gonzo was evil, was going to let him die and then go after CJ tomorrow, but the way he cast his vote for Gonzo(in a way that also opened the door for lynching vidae tomorrow) made me question it. I'm not sure of Gonzo, not going to clear him at all, but we may have a better idea of whether we can trust him by tomorrow.

vidae
07-01-2012, 11:31 AM
How would killing CJ give any information on whether or not we can trust Gonzo? Or do you mean if I die? Well hey, if you're willing to play that kind of game what the hell can I do?

Cigaro
07-01-2012, 11:33 AM
How would killing CJ give any information on whether or not we can trust Gonzo? Or do you mean if I die? Well hey, if you're willing to play that kind of game what the hell can I do?

CJ has been quietly anti-Gonzo this game. If he's evil, doesn't confirm anything, but would give credence to Gonzo's innocence claim.

But I was referring more to the fact that Gonzo's powers can provide information.

Dr. Gonzo
07-01-2012, 11:33 AM

Well, you seem to think I am SK, am I right? There is now far more evidence that CJ is SK. Killing him won't clear me because really I am the only person who know's I am good but it will certainly show I am not the SK. Do you not see that CJ was setting you up to take the fall tomorrow?

vidae
07-01-2012, 11:36 AM
Well, you seem to think I am SK, am I right? There is now far more evidence that CJ is SK. Killing him won't clear me because really I am the only person who know's I am good but it will certainly show I am not the SK. Do you not see that CJ was setting you up to take the fall tomorrow?

Far more evidence? There could be ten reasons there have been no SK killings in the last two days. An easy way to prove CJ was the SK would be to NOT jailkeep him the second day and see if there was a murder. Instead we have someone who was jailkept twice. Sorry, that doesn't sway me that he is more suspicious than you.

Whatever. If the group wants to kill CJ I'll vote for him, but it'll be the last thing I do since I will die tonight.

vidae
07-01-2012, 11:37 AM
unvote : Gonzo

vote : CJ

**** it. Good game guys.

DeepThreat
07-01-2012, 11:37 AM
I'll trust Cigaro.

Lynch CJ

TitanHope
07-01-2012, 11:39 AM
Vidae, you are freaking out, man.

s4G4mcYOXMA

Dr. Gonzo
07-01-2012, 11:40 AM
Far more evidence? There could be ten reasons there have been no SK killings in the last two days. An easy way to prove CJ was the SK would be to NOT jailkeep him the second day and see if there was a murder. Instead we have someone who was jailkept twice. Sorry, that doesn't sway me that he is more suspicious than you.

Whatever. If the group wants to kill CJ I'll vote for him, but it'll be the last thing I do since I will die tonight.

So you want an extra kill to happen at night? Why do you keep saying you will die tonight? That makes no sense.

vidae
Like I said, if anyone else had pulled the same **** Gonzo did, they'd be dead by now and we'd be on day three, but since it's Gonzo people over thought it and now I'm going to die because of it. I'm not exactly in a jolly mood.

vidae
So you want an extra kill to happen at night? Why do you keep saying you will die tonight? That makes no sense.

Because I know you're going to kill me. You can say it doesn't make sense, but nothing you've done all game has made sense.

TitanHope
07-01-2012, 11:42 AM
Why can't I be the one that dies? I'M IMPORTANT TOO!

SuperMcGee
07-01-2012, 11:43 AM

Since when do we start believing people saying they know someone is evil just because they say it? I won't compare it to someone with a track record like woot, but why should we suddenly take the leap of faith, besides you not trusting Gonzo? There are popular opinions out there on who is tracking, watching, (was) investigating, and jailkeeping, so it's likely not him. He says he got it from looking at his posts. I am not sure that he is evil based on his posts. What's the difference?

vidae
07-01-2012, 11:44 AM
He admitted to trying to kill me and he was unkillable the first night, if you believe his story. What does that spell to you? Either Godfather or Serial Killer. We've lynched others on a lot less information.

Like I said, it's whatever. I changed my vote to CJ. I hope you guys are right and he is the Serial Killer, because if he isn't, there will be two murders tonight.

Brothgar
07-01-2012, 11:44 AM
I fully believe cigaro on who he targeted last night. I would like to hear from killswitch about what he knows before the day is over. If Vidae dies tonight we know where to look.

Vote CJ

Dr. Gonzo
07-01-2012, 11:45 AM
Because I know you're going to kill me. You can say it doesn't make sense, but nothing you've done all game has made sense.

Commuting to save my own ass didn't make sense? Yes I accused a bunch of people but I have done so less as the game has moved on and I will continue to do it less because now there will be actual information to go on. You keep repeating the same things but that doesn't mean they are right. You trusted me last game, I was evil. This game you don't, I am good. It is funny how consistently people get the wrong read on me.

SuperMcGee
07-01-2012, 11:45 AM

He wants to be watched. Whether he wants the watcher to waste his ability or if he really thinks he is a mafia/SK target is up for debate.

Will be all for naught, either way, since obviously I will be the one dying tonight, you guys.

RufusMcDaniel
07-01-2012, 11:46 AM
Sorry I wasn't really around yesterday and this morning, don't know how active I'll be during the rest of the day with the Euro and it being Canada Day, but yeah.

Anyway I'll trust Cigaro, that seems like the most reliable information that has come out besides the Gonzo/Vidae clash.

Dr. Gonzo
07-01-2012, 11:48 AM
He wants to be watched. Whether he wants the watcher to waste his ability or if he really thinks he is a mafia/SK target is up for debate.

Will be all for naught, either way, since obviously I will be the one dying tonight, you guys.

It is a battle to see who gets watched! I have to imagine the mafia is pissed right now which would explain Vidae I guess. If him and/or Kill turn out to be good at the end of the game they have played the most bizarre games I am ever seen. That said Vidae admitted to playing dumb last game to stay alive so maybe he is doing so again.

RufusMcDaniel
07-01-2012, 11:48 AM
I fully believe cigaro on who he targeted last night. I would like to hear from killswitch about what he knows before the day is over. If Vidae dies tonight we know where to look.

Yeah but killing Vidae from Gonzo's standpoint does what? Puts more suspicion on himself..its an easy way to go for the SK or Mafia to pin on Gonzo.

jrdrylie
07-01-2012, 11:49 AM
I'm at lunch, do no official count, but I think that's 6 for CJ and 5 for Gonzo.

SuperMcGee
07-01-2012, 11:50 AM

Going back to this, I remember he threatened to investigate somebody on night one. I tend to think he could have had the JOAT role claim planned from the start (it is a very adaptable claim), laying the groundwork early on. Fun strategy, if so.

vidae
07-01-2012, 11:51 AM
And it's a strategy that is obviously working.

Brothgar
07-01-2012, 11:51 AM
Yeah but killing Vidae from Gonzo's standpoint does what? Puts more suspicion on himself..its an easy way to go for the SK or Mafia to pin on Gonzo.

That is what is always said after an obvious kill. "Oh obvious frame job" I pulled that in one game when I killed todd I think it was the Batman game or the kings game. Either way. I didn't get caught until three days later.

Cigaro
07-01-2012, 12:02 PM
Gonzo will still have to be resolved. But the way that CJ jumped on his vote makes me think he is possibly good now. If CJ is the SK and not mafia killer then it will mean less, but we shall see.

SuperMcGee
07-01-2012, 12:04 PM
Agreed.

vote: CJ

Grizzlegom
07-01-2012, 12:32 PM
Went out to brunch expecting people to pile on and finish Gonzo, looks like I was wrong. This is a surprising and pleasant turn of events. Here's hoping Cigaro is right.

Grizzlegom
07-01-2012, 12:33 PM
Forgot to mention, I should have suspected CJ would be the serial killer since I'm not. I feel like if there's a neutral role, one of us are bound to get it.

jrdrylie
07-01-2012, 01:32 PM
Vote Count:

CJ (8) Cigaro, Gonzo, Vidae, Deep, broth, Rufus, McGee, Grizz
Gonzo (5) killswitch, fenikz, CJ, Caddy, Woot
Forenci (1) Snicho

TitanHope
07-01-2012, 01:39 PM
Still waiting to at least hear from CJ...

He's probably having lunch with his family after church or something, or maybe the service ran long because of VBS going on this week.

CJSchneider
07-01-2012, 01:52 PM
Interesting read after returning from church and then lunch.

I assure you I am not evil, alas, that is not what an investigation will reveal. I sadly occupy the same role IBC did. I can only express sadness over the fact that I was jailkept for two nights as this kept any real killer free to roam. If you want me dead, so be it, but no doubt you will feel foolish when you lynch me and let Gonzo (should he in fact be evil as I have come to conclude) live. I also point you to my post about what I had deduced earlier. Read item 2 and examine my vote record. I did not vote to kill the previously lynched good towns-people. Again, I assure you anyone who finds me evil is either mafia themselves or misguided.

Cigaro
07-01-2012, 01:55 PM

I assure you I am not evil, alas, that is not what an investigation will reveal.

What does this even mean?

I sadly occupy the same role IBC did. I can only express sadness over the fact that I was jailkept for two nights as this kept any real killer free to roam. If you want me dead, so be it, but no doubt you will feel foolish when you lynch me and let Gonzo (should he in fact be evil as I have come to conclude) live. I also point you to my post about what I had deduced earlier. Read item 2 and examine my vote record. I did not vote to kill the previously lynched good towns-people. Again, I assure you anyone who finds me evil is either mafia themselves or misguided.

But clearly it didn't. One would assume that with this being a relatively standard game there is both a mafia killer and an SK, yet over the past two nights, only one person died.

CJSchneider
07-01-2012, 01:59 PM
What does this even mean?

But clearly it didn't. One would assume that with this being a relatively standard game there is both a mafia killer and an SK, yet over the past two nights, only one person died.

One need's to simply know what certain cons to certain roles would be. As I stated, I hold the same role as IBC. I think explaining more would be prohibited.

That may be the single piece to actually prove my innocence.

Cigaro
07-01-2012, 02:01 PM
One need's to simply know what certain cons to certain roles would be. As I stated, I hold the same role as IBC. I think explaining more would be prohibited.

So you're saying that when you've been roleblocked there have been less kills then expected, when you're investigated you'll turn up evil, but overall you're actually good?

That may be the single piece to actually prove my innocence.

How does that prove your innocence?

Forenci
07-01-2012, 02:07 PM
Well, if you guys lynch CJ then it was nice playin with you. I'm ******* dead tonight if Gonzo doesn't die. If that's fine with you guys then I'm fine with it too. It's whatever at this point.

Perhaps someone could watch you and thus prevent them from attempting to kill you? No offense, but it sounds like there are more important roles out there than yours at this point. I don't know why you're so worried about being killed. I feel like Snicho/Woot have more to worry about.

Cig's info sounds better than anything we have as I don't believe Gonzo is evil. Or if he is he's playing it brilliantly. I just wish we had an investigator to prove it. Plus as I stated before, I've been suspicious of CJ too.

SuperMcGee
07-01-2012, 02:08 PM

I assure you I am not evil, alas, that is not what an investigation will reveal. I sadly occupy the same role IBC did. I can only express sadness over the fact that I was jailkept for two nights as this kept any real killer free to roam. If you want me dead, so be it, but no doubt you will feel foolish when you lynch me and let Gonzo (should he in fact be evil as I have come to conclude) live. I also point you to my post about what I had deduced earlier. Read item 2 and examine my vote record. I did not vote to kill the previously lynched good towns-people. Again, I assure you anyone who finds me evil is either mafia themselves or misguided.

I think the bolded may be the current evil strategy. You can only say "look at the votes" for so long before evildoers find their way around it. Like somebody (almost everybody at some point) said earlier - being inactive really is the best-odds way to go about it. You stay out of votes for good guys and let the town tear each other apart over it. Part of the cycle that returns importance to investigations and, inevitably, role revealing.

vidae
07-01-2012, 02:09 PM
This is going to be an interesting night.

CJSchneider
07-01-2012, 02:10 PM
So you're saying that when you've been roleblocked there have been less kills then expected, when you're investigated you'll turn up evil, but overall you're actually good?

You claim I was jail-kept. I am unsure of how many deaths you expected, but the rest of what you say is correct.

How does that prove your innocence?

Because I was jail-kept and yet a death occurred.

Responses in bold.

Cigaro
07-01-2012, 02:12 PM
Responses in bold.

There are likely two killers. Again, proves nothing.

jrdrylie
07-01-2012, 02:15 PM
Vote Count:

CJ (9) Cigaro, Gonzo, Vidae, Deep, broth, Rufus, McGee, Grizz, Forenci
Gonzo (5) killswitch, fenikz, CJ, Caddy, Woot
Forenci (1) Snicho

CJSchneider
07-01-2012, 02:15 PM
Alright I'm here again. After reading through, vidae stands out to me. His following of my IBC vote struck me as odd, and if Gonzo is telling the truth about targeting vidae and it not going through, that would further the suspicions.

Vote: vidae

Missed that part. For now I'll unvote, but your following of my vote is still suspicious to me.

Unvote: vidae

Gonzo is extremely tough to try and get an idea of, as he's playing like normal Gonzo, but before the game even started he stated he was planning to go full Gonzo this game.

There are probably mafia among those with less than 20 posts. Kill, CJ, Rufus and Forenci are normal low post players, but Caddy usually posts more often, but he's also said he's moving houses which Snicho vouched for. I've never played with Deep or scotty, so I have no read on them.

Alright, it doesn't seem much more of worth is going to come out today. I would like to hear more from McGee and his suspicions of Grizz/kill, but as of now I'm willing to off someone who has admitted they will be extremely inactive. If he's telling the truth about his role, with only one death the past two nights, I think the town can afford to lose a non-contributing townie.

Vote: SuperPacker

I do wonder why, if you had such damning info on me, you waited until Gonzo was on his last leg to produce it.

Cigaro
07-01-2012, 02:18 PM
I do wonder why, if you had such damning info on me, you waited until Gonzo was on his last leg to produce it.

I was originally planning on revealing it tomorrow. Vidae and Gonzo, when I voted for them, I thought were legitimately evil so it would still result in a victory for the town. But when I woke up today, saw you voting for Gonzo and setting up vidae, I decided it was too much to risk dying with the information tonight, so I just went ahead and revealed.

CJSchneider
07-01-2012, 02:19 PM
When I die "good", you're going to have a heck of a time explaining your story Cig. In all honesty, I will soooooo enjoy watching it be the death of you.

Cigaro
07-01-2012, 02:20 PM
When I die "good", you're going to have a heck of a time explaining your story Cig. In all honesty, I will soooooo enjoy watching it be the death of you.

Then are you prepared to fall on your sword?

CJSchneider
07-01-2012, 02:21 PM
No, at this point my best contribution to the town is to stay alive long enough to keep the conversation going and hope to catch a fool in his lies.

Cigaro
07-01-2012, 02:23 PM
No, at this point my best contribution to the town is to stay alive long enough to keep the conversation going and hope to catch a fool in his lies.

So you think I just woke up today and decided to lie about some random poster and say I jailkept him, when that would clearly paint a big target on my back?

CJSchneider
07-01-2012, 02:28 PM
So you think I just woke up today and decided to lie about some random poster and say I jailkept him, when that would clearly paint a big target on my back?

At this point I believe a possibility of the following exiests:

a) you jailkept me, but are wrong in your interpretation of the results.

b) you are mafia, but didn't jail-keep me and are covering for the possible GF or other powerful mafia member.

c) you are mafia, and jail-kept me assuming I was a powerful town aligned player and are now covering for the possible GF or other powerful mafia member.

Take your pick, but the voting slide that took place sure is gonna be fun to climb out from underneath when I am proven good.

Cigaro
07-01-2012, 02:30 PM

b) you are mafia, but didn't jail-keep me and are covering for the possible GF or other powerful mafia member.

c) you are mafia, and jail-kept me assuming I was a powerful town aligned player and are now covering for the possible GF or other powerful mafia member.

Take your pick, but the voting slide that took place sure is gonna be fun to climb out from underneath when I am proven good.

Or, I'm a jailkeeper, you're not a miller and instead mafia, and the fact that only one kill happened over the two nights you were jailkept is not just a coincidence.

CJSchneider
07-01-2012, 02:35 PM
Or, I'm a jailkeeper, you're not a miller and instead mafia, and the fact that only one kill happened over the two nights you were jailkept is not just a coincidence.

That would fall under option a.

Forenci
07-01-2012, 02:39 PM
I personally don't think Cig is mafia. It wouldn't make any sense. If he was mafia and Gonzo was too, why would you wait so long to come forward with this false information? Gonzo could have easily been lynched at any given moment.

And he doesn't have much to gain from it. If anything, it just draws more focus on him now if it turns out you were actually good. He could have said nothing and would have been fine.

CJSchneider
07-01-2012, 02:51 PM
I personally don't think Cig is mafia. It wouldn't make any sense. If he was mafia and Gonzo was too, why would you wait so long to come forward with this false information? Gonzo could have easily been lynched at any given moment.

And he doesn't have much to gain from it. If anything, it just draws more focus on him now if it turns out you were actually good. He could have said nothing and would have been fine.

Go back and look at the times. I posted my vote just after Cig wen to bed. His next post is close to 12 hours later and 3 people had changed their vote. His first move was to unvote Gonzo.

I suspect his vote for Gonzo initially was to distance himself for later reviews, but once the tide turned, he was forced to come forth.

Cigaro
07-01-2012, 02:54 PM
Go back and look at the times. I posted my vote just after Cig wen to bed. His next post is close to 12 hours later and 3 people had changed their vote. His first move was to unvote Gonzo.

I suspect his vote for Gonzo initially was to distance himself for later reviews, but once the tide turned, he was forced to come forth.

One person had changed their vote, TH. He was sitting at 8 votes when I unvoted him. I didn't immediately vote for you because I wanted to hear who TH suspected without my influencing involved.

Cigaro
07-01-2012, 02:56 PM
One person had changed their vote, TH. He was sitting at 8 votes when I unvoted him. I didn't immediately vote for you because I wanted to hear who TH suspected without my influencing involved.

In addition, when I unvoted Gonzo, everyone was telling TH that he was overthinking it. So you can't even argue that it was inevitable.

Forenci
07-01-2012, 02:59 PM

Again, I don't see the benefit. Gonzo is an easy target to vote for because of how he plays. What would he gain by unvoting him now when he was the first to vote for him?

CJSchneider
07-01-2012, 03:00 PM
Gonzo
Caddy
Me
That was the three.
You are really messing up now. In either case, you sure have become polarized on the issue. If that is what I can contribute to the town, perhaps that is enough. Let's see who else I can draw out.

Cigaro
07-01-2012, 03:02 PM
Gonzo
Caddy
Me
That was the three.
You are really messing up now. In either case, you sure have become polarized on the issue. If that is what I can contribute to the town, perhaps that is enough. Let's see who else I can draw out.

You voted for Gonzo. You didn't change your vote from him. Are you arguing that I cast a vote for Gonzo before I went to sleep because I wanted to distance myself from him should he be lynched, but when he was actually about to be lynched, I unvoted him and made stuff up to protect him? That'd be completely idiotic.

Forenci
07-01-2012, 03:03 PM
Maybe. Killing you will also tell us something and you haven't claimed to have any noteworthy ability as far as I know.

CJSchneider
07-01-2012, 03:03 PM
Again, I don't see the benefit. Gonzo is an easy target to vote for because of how he plays. What would he gain by unvoting him now when he was the first to vote for him?

Be careful how you play this, Forenci. I have yet to solidly detect / deduce your affiliation.
His gain would be saving a fellow mafia member.
At the point of his vote, who would have thought anything of it with Gonzo's style of play.

Gonzo is made and Cigaro with him.

CJSchneider
07-01-2012, 03:04 PM
Maybe. Killing you will also tell us something and you haven't claimed to have any noteworthy ability as far as I know.

It will tell you something and you are correct in what claims I have not made as I have none to make.

Cigaro
07-01-2012, 03:08 PM
Be careful how you play this, Forenci. I have yet to solidly detect / deduce your affiliation.
His gain would be saving a fellow mafia member.
At the point of his vote, who would have thought anything of it with Gonzo's style of play.

Gonzo is made and Cigaro with him.

You've yet to explain why this would even make sense.

You're clearly just delaying and hoping to find anything to grab onto and try and divert attention from yourself. If you're really a miller and think I'm evil, sacrificing yourself would be more than a fair trade. If you're evil, you know the information against you is too damning to escape, you're just unnecessarily prolonging the day.

Forenci
07-01-2012, 03:11 PM
Why would he be one of the first to vote for someone and then unvote him? Gonzo could have been killed at any time for quite some time. Everyone knows you seldom vote for your own mafia members unless it's necessary to sacrifice one. You don't be one of the first to initiate it unless the day before we know that person is evil. And you'd be dumb to vote for Gonzo that early. If you start voting on Gonzo he can easily be lynched because of how most people get annoyed with him and feel as if he hurts the game.

Brothgar
07-01-2012, 03:11 PM
CJ claimed miller. Was that a broth up thinking he was investigated?

CJSchneider
07-01-2012, 03:13 PM
You've yet to explain why this would even make sense.

You're clearly just delaying and hoping to find anything to grab onto and try and divert attention from yourself. If you're really a miller and think I'm evil, sacrificing yourself would be more than a fair trade. If you're evil, you know the information against you is too damning to escape, you're just unnecessarily prolonging the day.

You are right in saying I am delaying and trying to divert attention from myself. By doing so, I save the town a player and turn attention back to the evil it is fighting. You say sacrificing myself would be more than a fair trade. I say evil wins when good doesn't fight back. I have provide 3 possible options given your revelation. Prolonging the day, surely. Unnecessarily, not at all.

Cigaro
07-01-2012, 03:14 PM
CJ claimed miller. Was that a broth up thinking he was investigated?

Either that, or he would want cover for if he somehow survived today but showed up evil in someone's investigations tomorrow.

Showing up evil when investigated, there being less kills on the days he's roleblocked, it seems pretty simple to me at this point.

CJSchneider
07-01-2012, 03:15 PM
Why would he be one of the first to vote for someone and then unvote him? Gonzo could have been killed at any time for quite some time. Everyone knows you seldom vote for your own mafia members unless it's necessary to sacrifice one. You don't be one of the first to initiate it unless the day before we know that person is evil. And you'd be dumb to vote for Gonzo that early. If you start voting on Gonzo he can easily be lynched because of how most people get annoyed with him and feel as if he hurts the game.

I postulate that a first vote for him means little due to the way he was playing.

Cigaro
07-01-2012, 03:17 PM
You still haven't explained why I would vote for him among the first, then unvote him as soon as he was only two away from the necessary, if we're in league. That makes no sense. This is third time I've asked you to explain.

Forenci
07-01-2012, 03:18 PM
You are right in saying I am delaying and trying to divert attention from myself. By doing so, I save the town a player and turn attention back to the evil it is fighting. You say sacrificing myself would be more than a fair trade. I say evil wins when good doesn't fight back. I have provide 3 possible options given your revelation. Prolonging the day, surely. Unnecessarily, not at all.

I have also considered those three options but they are easy cop outs. All inactives. If nothing else, killing you might clear their names too since you'd have to be pretty dumb to throw them under the bus.

Cigaro
07-01-2012, 03:21 PM
Seriously though, where is the rest of the town? I know TitanHope said he wanted to wait to hear from CJ, but he posted in the Skyrim thread around 4, long after CJ started responding. McGee's posting elsewhere as well, although admittedly he's already cast a vote. Other than that though, the town's seemingly disappeared today.

CJSchneider
07-01-2012, 03:23 PM
You still haven't explained why I would vote for him among the first, then unvote him as soon as he was only two away from the necessary, if we're in league. That makes no sense. This is third time I've asked you to explain.

I did explain it. I said you would have done it to distance yourself during subsequent vote reviews.

I have also considered those three options but they are easy cop outs. All inactives. If nothing else, killing you might clear their names too since you'd have to be pretty dumb to throw them under the bus.

I refer to these options. Never have I mentioned other players.

Face it, guys. You can't trip up the truth as it has nothing to trip over.

CJSchneider
07-01-2012, 03:25 PM
Seriously though, where is the rest of the town?

This is the only bit of sense you have made yet today.

It won't save you though.

Cigaro
07-01-2012, 03:25 PM
I did explain it. I said you would have done it to distance yourself during subsequent vote reviews.

That's what the very question is about, why would I vote for Gonzo to try and distance myself, then remove my vote when he was about to get lynched? That would completely defeat any goal I had with the original vote, so I'm still waiting to hear why you would think I would do something so dumb and obvious.

So no, you haven't explained it. Going on four times.

Forenci
07-01-2012, 03:26 PM

I refer to these options. Never have I mentioned other players.

Face it, guys. You can't trip up the truth as it has nothing to trip over.

Oh, I thought you were suggesting people early when you mentioned Caddy and such.

SuperMcGee
07-01-2012, 03:27 PM
Seriously though, where is the rest of the town? I know TitanHope said he wanted to wait to hear from CJ, but he posted in the Skyrim thread around 4, long after CJ started responding. McGee's posting elsewhere as well, although admittedly he's already cast a vote. Other than that though, the town's seemingly disappeared today.

Nothing has changed my mind that's happened lately. Hockey happenings and laughing at Italy have most of my attention as I sit here lazily.

Forenci
07-01-2012, 03:32 PM

I am here for a little while longer. Finished up most of my packing for moving down south except for my desktop and such. I'll probably do that pretty soon too and I do have my laptop but I don't know if I'll have a chance to use it before I go to bed.

vidae
07-01-2012, 03:38 PM

I'm here but I think killing CJ is a mistake and I only voted for him because the rest of you got to overthinking killing the most suspicious person in the town, Gonzo.

If you're innocent, I'm sorry CJ, but people don't want to see what is right in front of their face.

And I'd rather the decision to kill anyone come from us and not be made by the moderator.

Forenci
07-01-2012, 03:39 PM
I'd also like to point out, as I did earlier, I will be all day tomorrow. Getting up at 3:30 a.m. and driving 15-16+ hours to South Carolina so I doubt I will check in. Maybe at the hotel if I can get some wireless for free.

CJSchneider
07-01-2012, 03:40 PM
That's what the very question is about, why would I vote for Gonzo to try and distance myself, then remove my vote when he was about to get lynched? That would completely defeat any goal I had with the original vote, so I'm still waiting to hear why you would think I would do something so dumb and obvious.

So no, you haven't explained it. Going on four times.

No where did I say you were highly intelligent in your motives to save Gonzo. I believe that in my 3 options I rebutted, I offered two that explained your actions.

Let's put it this way - in all honesty, even when I come up good, there will be a few whom you will have fooled. You will claim option a which I provided, Gonzo will still be alive and the trail will likely lead onward to another suspect. That suspect likely to be an inactive or one provided by players with info gathering ability on either side.

CJSchneider
07-01-2012, 03:42 PM
I will be leaving back to church in 40 minutes, so after that I won't be able to respond to any further ludicrous claims.

Cigaro
07-01-2012, 03:47 PM
No where did I say you were highly intelligent in your motives to save Gonzo. I believe that in my 3 options I rebutted, I offered two that explained your actions.

Let's put it this way - in all honesty, even when I come up good, there will be a few whom you will have fooled. You will claim option a which I provided, Gonzo will still be alive and the trail will likely lead onward to another suspect. That suspect likely to be an inactive or one provided by players with info gathering ability on either side.

If you turn up good, people aren't going to just drop suspicions of Gonzo. Simply put, people are too suspicious of him to let him just be forgotten. And if he goes, I'll probably be tied to him at least to some degree.

Also, of course I will claim option A, because its true. But I'm pretty confident that that situation isn't going to arise, as you're going to turn up evil.

CJSchneider
07-01-2012, 03:53 PM
Also, of course I will claim option A, because its true. But I'm pretty confident that that situation isn't going to arise, as you're going to turn up evil.

So you agree you have misinterpreted the results, but will not change your vote in the face of truth, yet still feel I am evil?

SMH

Wootylicous
07-01-2012, 03:57 PM
Unvote Gonzo
Vote CJ

Cigaro
07-01-2012, 03:57 PM
So you agree you have misinterpreted the results, but will not change your vote in the face of truth, yet still feel I am evil?

SMH

You're clearly looking for anything you can find to try and make it seem like I'm tripping up;

That would fall under option a.

jrdrylie
07-01-2012, 04:04 PM
Vote Count:

CJ (10) Cigaro, Gonzo, Vidae, Deep, broth, Rufus, McGee, Grizz, Forenci, Woot
Gonzo (4) killswitch, fenikz, CJ, Caddy
Forenci (1) Snicho

jrdrylie
07-01-2012, 04:19 PM
After losing Sandy Cohen the previous night, the town was on edge. Attention immediately turned to Gonzo. The residents of Newport Beach just didn't believe his boasting about his supposed abilities. But he defended himself admirably. Then the crowd remembered Luke Ward, Harbor's star water polo player. "He always beats me up and pisses in my shoes. Plus, his dad is ***!" shouted a young high school student. He seemed like an obvious murder suspect. The crowd began pelting him with water polo balls, with Woot throwing the death-dealing ball.

http://theoc-california.wbs.cz/1185916979_luke_ward_original.jpg

CJ Schneider - Luke Ward - Miller- has been lynched.

You have until 10 AM CDT tomorrow to send in you might actions. But if you send them in early, I can open the thread early.

jrdrylie
07-02-2012, 10:37 AM
The residents of Newport Beach wake up to the smell of death and the sounds of police sirens. Following the sounds of the sirens, a mass of worried citizens arrive at the Four Seasons Hotel. Security opens the door to find a blood bath. Blood is splattered all over the walls and carpet. The furniture is in shambles. And lying in a pool of his own blood is Oliver Trask who appears to have fallen victim to a savage beating.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lfaitl0jWb1qfw94to1_500.png

broth - Oliver Trask - Stalker- Has been Murdered

But that would not be the only death that night. Word soon leaked that there was a murder at “The Bait Shop” after the Death Cab for Cutie concert. Manager Alex Kelly was found at the front door of the Bait Shop, keys still in her hand. Police believe she was shot in the back of the head as she was locking up for the night.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_R5WS6_kmmTI/ShgDl8LLK9I/AAAAAAAAT6I/SKn21y6no2c/s400/Picture+149.jpg

TitanHope - Alex Kelly - Citizen of Newport Beach - Has Been Murdered

With 16 remaining players, 9 votes are needed for a majority.

vidae
07-02-2012, 10:40 AM
Oh god, not Olivia Wilde! Why. Whyyy. :(

Grizzlegom
07-02-2012, 10:44 AM
Looks like the SK did us a favor and took out a baddie, nice!

That being said, NOT OLIVIA WILDE!!!!!!!!!

(what's a stalker?)

jrdrylie
07-02-2012, 10:46 AM
A stalker is a mafia alligned player. It serves as both a watcher and tracker. So they choose a person and learn who they targeted and who targeted them.

Cigaro
07-02-2012, 10:59 AM
Alright, so what the hell, there are two killers. I'm guessing the sk did target cj night one, and that's why no deaths. Perhaps vidae night two, unless they tried to get cj again for some reason?

Cigaro
07-02-2012, 11:01 AM
That makes sense. Yesterday broth said he could trust that I jailkept cj. I thought at the time that was odd, but that he simply really believed my story. I'm guessing he actually tracked me or watched cj.

vidae
07-02-2012, 11:02 AM
There is something big that someone isn't sharing with us.

RufusMcDaniel
07-02-2012, 11:03 AM
Sucks to lose that fine bisexual

Grizzlegom

My first order of business is to see what Gonzo's got for us.

RufusMcDaniel

Oh...do you know what it is about?

vidae
07-02-2012, 11:04 AM
Oh...do you know what it is about?

No, but someone has SOME info they're holding back. I'm not asking them to reveal, because if they did they would just die instantly, but there is no way the last three days and nights play out like they did without someone finding something out.

SuperMcGee
07-02-2012, 11:06 AM
I totally said broth was evil! Once. Kind of. A little bit.

TH was a big figure round these parts (and had a nice figure with her parts?) lately, so let's see what we can find with that. Gotta be careful here, they know this is what we'd do.

vidae
07-02-2012, 11:10 AM
Even so, I don't understand killing TH over someone a little more vocal or at least someone hinting they had some powers. He never did that. It makes little sense in my mind.

It sucks losing TH but at least it was only a vanilla townie role.

SuperMcGee
07-02-2012, 11:14 AM
Even so, I don't understand killing TH over someone a little more vocal or at least someone hinting they had some powers. He never did that. It makes little sense in my mind.

It sucks losing TH but at least it was only a vanilla townie role.

He was being reasonable and getting people talking. The perceptive townie is as dangerous as anything and can not have tampered info. With not everybody being believed in their role claims and a bunch of guys more or less asking to be watched, TH doesn't shock me as a target.

Isn't that right, person who killed him??

Grizzlegom
07-02-2012, 11:14 AM
I totally said broth was evil! Once. Kind of. A little bit.

TH was a big figure round these parts (and had a nice figure with her parts?) lately, so let's see what we can find with that. Gotta be careful here, they know this is what we'd do.

A quick look-through of TH's posts, looks like he was really only suspicious of Gonzo so we're at the age-old question, set-up or not?

SuperMcGee
07-02-2012, 11:16 AM
A quick look-through of TH's posts, looks like he was really only suspicious of Gonzo so we're at the age-old question, set-up or not?

As much as I like how TH was playing, he didn't have any special info to himself, so I'm not necessarily looking at just who he suspected.

RufusMcDaniel
07-02-2012, 11:18 AM
I remember yesterday that broth said "If vidae dies, we know where to look"

Would he throw Gonzo under the bus like that if he was mafia, considering most had voted CJ at that point.

Maybe TH's unvoting Gonzo and turning the tide is what made the mafia angry!

vidae
07-02-2012, 11:26 AM
Well, whatever happened, I'm just glad I'm alive. Yay me.

Cigaro
07-02-2012, 11:29 AM
Alright I'm back on a computer and not just phone. I was soundly convinced that CJ was a killer, because only one kill over the two nights just seemed way too coincidental to occur without him being such. But it turns it was. So was he targeted?

Either way, with two killers, through the first two nights there should have four night kills.

-I jailkept CJ both nights
-Gonzo claimed to commute night one
-Vidae claimed to commute night two

Since I'm the jailkeeper, I doubt there would be another full-fledged protector out there. I could potentially see a bodyguard, but that person would have died if the successfully protected. The SK could have also targeted the GF one of the nights. But CJ, Gonzo, vidae or the GF seem the only possible targets, unless the SK is BP too and he was targeted by the mafia.

I did indeed jailkeep someone last night, going to see if they try and claim anything before I reveal who.

Grizzlegom
07-02-2012, 11:34 AM
Its also possible that the mafia and SK targeted the same person the first two nights. Happened to me and the mafia last game and it was maddening.

vidae
07-02-2012, 11:35 AM
Alright I'm back on a computer and not just phone. I was soundly convinced that CJ was a killer, because only one kill over the two nights just seemed way too coincidental to occur without him being such. But it turns it was. So was he targeted?

Either way, with two killers, through the first two nights there should have four night kills.

-I jailkept CJ both nights
-Gonzo claimed to commute night one
-Vidae claimed to commute night two

Since I'm the jailkeeper, I doubt there would be another full-fledged protector out there. I could potentially see a bodyguard, but that person would have died if the successfully protected. The SK could have also targeted the GF one of the nights. But CJ, Gonzo, vidae or the GF seem the only possible targets, unless the SK is BP too and he was targeted by the mafia.

I did indeed jailkeep someone last night, going to see if they try and claim anything before I reveal who.

Aren't most SKs usually Bulletproof?

Cigaro
07-02-2012, 11:35 AM
Its also possible that the mafia and SK targeted the same person the first two nights. Happened to me and the mafia last game and it was maddening.

Yes, but that person should have died unless its one of the options I outlined above.

Cigaro
07-02-2012, 11:36 AM
Aren't most SKs usually Bulletproof?

Maybe I just haven't noticed, but the last game was the first I remember one being so.

vidae
07-02-2012, 11:37 AM
I've been in a ton of games and I can't recall a time where a SK was NOT Bulletproof. Someone is free to correct me on that one for sure though.

Cigaro
07-02-2012, 11:37 AM
Well, mafiawiki says they are usually BP, so then yes, that becomes a more realistic option. So CJ, Gonzo, vidae, the GF or SK seem to be the likely options for the night one and two failed kills.

Grizzlegom
07-02-2012, 11:38 AM
Yes, but that person should have died unless its one of the options I outlined above.

Very true. SKs usually tend to go after "good but quiet" players like CJ, McGee, etc so it wouldn't surprise me one bit if CJ was targeted on one of the nights. The Shane death sticks out to me as a potential both killing him scenario because he is always a likely target but JR's write-up seemed to indicate it was only one killer.

SuperMcGee
07-02-2012, 11:39 AM
I've been in a ton of games and I can't recall a time where a SK was NOT Bulletproof. Someone is free to correct me on that one for sure though.

I think it became the norm after the LOTR game. Can't say for sure, but it's definitely not unusual.

SuperMcGee
07-02-2012, 11:41 AM
Very true. SKs usually tend to go after "good but quiet" players like CJ, McGee, etc so it wouldn't surprise me one bit if CJ was targeted on one of the nights. The Shane death sticks out to me as a potential both killing him scenario because he is always a likely target but JR's write-up seemed to indicate it was only one killer.

Well I'm flattered, Grizz. And nobody knows SK theory quite like you do.

Not sure if I fully buy CJ as an early target, but it is certainly possible.

Cigaro
07-02-2012, 11:42 AM

Broth being the SK's target would seem to indicate that whoever it is going after quieter kills, so I could see him targeting CJ.

SuperMcGee
07-02-2012, 11:45 AM
Honestly, CJ also strikes me as a curious jailkeep target. There is no right way to go with that on Night One, which is why I'm a little surprised the ability was used at all. There's always the chance you get lucky with it, but it's not something I would do.

Cigaro
07-02-2012, 11:46 AM
Honestly, CJ also strikes me as a curious jailkeep target. There is no right way to go with that on Night One, which is why I'm a little surprised the ability was used at all. There's always the chance you get lucky with it, but it's not something I would do.

That's what I was hoping for, that I would get lucky with it. Which it appeared that I did at first, with no deaths that first night(and I still may have if CJ was targeted).

vidae
07-02-2012, 11:56 AM
Well it potentially saved CJs life the first night but we made that meaningless when we killed an innocent person.

Could the SK have just been laying low to throw us all off? That is something I toyed with doing in previous games whenever I had a killing role. Maybe night 3 was the first night he even picked someone.

Cigaro
07-02-2012, 11:59 AM
Well it potentially saved CJs life the first night but we made that meaningless when we killed an innocent person.

Could the SK have just been laying low to throw us all off? That is something I toyed with doing in previous games whenever I had a killing role. Maybe night 3 was the first night he even picked someone.

I've always thought about that tactic, but overall it seems not too beneficial, as the kills have to be made up later when there are less people/increased chance of getting caught.

Wootylicous
07-02-2012, 12:00 PM
Vote Deep10characters

Cigaro
07-02-2012, 12:01 PM
Is that based on something woot?

Anyways, I was looking through TH's posts to see if I could pick up on anything, I found this both ironic and potentially revealing;

Why can't I be the one that dies? I'M IMPORTANT TOO!

Maybe they thought TH actually was implying something?

Cigaro
07-02-2012, 12:03 PM

Well actually...

Caddy and Fenikz. Both are nowhere, and then pop in and suddenly vote for Gonzo while giving easy excuses for doing so.

Wootylicous
07-02-2012, 12:06 PM
Actually no Cigaro just me thinking he is suspicious.

SuperMcGee
07-02-2012, 12:07 PM

Could be, but it's a long shot. You likely know for sure who won't be seen by this time and can feel a little safer, also have a good idea of who benefits you to take out. Just don't know if it is a very beneficial strategy in the long run. Maybe in a game like Psych where you can suspect that there's a forensic investigator type of role, since those can drastically hurt killers. Otherwise I'd think it's unlikely, but you never know.

Cigaro
07-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Actually no Cigaro just me thinking he is suspicious.

Well what info did you get last night?

Wootylicous
07-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Gonzo targeted Snicho that's all I know.

Grizzlegom
07-02-2012, 12:09 PM
Well actually...

Missed that one, nice find.

As for the SK laying low, I've never seen an SK that had the choice of killing, typically they HAVE to.

vidae
07-02-2012, 12:11 PM
I curious as to what Snicho found out.

Cigaro
07-02-2012, 12:12 PM
I curious as to what Snicho found out.

That'll be coming in about six more hours...

Dr. Gonzo
07-02-2012, 12:27 PM
Scottyboy targetted Snicho.

Grizzlegom
07-02-2012, 12:31 PM
scotty said he had a 1x ability, this could get interesting.

Dr. Gonzo
07-02-2012, 12:35 PM
I am so ******* surprised I wasn't. Maybe the mafia bought into the ******** and thought I was SK. I thought about holding on to the info until I heard what Snicho had to say but I am thinking he was roleblocked since Woot had info. If Snicho does have info this could get hairy. Still very much suspicious of Caddy and Fenikz among others.

jrdrylie
07-02-2012, 12:43 PM
Vote Count:

Deep (1) Woot

With 16 remaining players, 9 votes are needed for a majority.

Cigaro
07-02-2012, 12:59 PM
Well I was hoping that if Gonzo didn't actually have any investigative powers he would see my earlier post about my jailkeep for today and claim to have been roleblocked.

I jailkept vidae last night. Figured the mafia or SK would possibly try to kill him and either frame Gonzo. So he's not the mafia killer of SK, that much we know.

As for scottyboy, I can only think of three things that he would realistically be if he was visiting Snicho; gifter, motivator or roleblocker. All of those things are roles that Snicho will know for sure.

SuperMcGee
07-02-2012, 01:00 PM
scotty said he had a 1x ability, this could get interesting.

I actually have a bad feeling about it.

Dr. Gonzo
07-02-2012, 01:02 PM
Well I was hoping that if Gonzo didn't actually have any investigative powers he would see my earlier post about my jailkeep for today and claim to have been roleblocked.

I jailkept vidae last night. Figured the mafia or SK would possibly try to kill him and either frame Gonzo. So he's not the mafia killer of SK, that much we know.

As for scottyboy, I can only think of three things that he would realistically be if he was visiting Snicho; gifter, motivator or roleblocker. All of those things are roles that Snicho will know for sure.

It will be interesting to see what they both say. If Snicho got no info, we just nabbed a mafia. I am going to go back a bit, look at past posts, and let you all know what I think. One person I would like to hear from is Killswitch. He really has done nothing for the town and said he is only suspicious of me. Curious to see whether he sticks with that stance.

SuperMcGee
07-02-2012, 01:03 PM
Given new information, it could actually make things extremely interesting, and I hope it is so. Come on, snicho!

killxswitch
07-02-2012, 01:05 PM
Well Gonzo my stance is that my prior suspicions appear to be highly unreliable.

Dr. Gonzo
07-02-2012, 01:10 PM
People who stick out:

SBH - Where the hell has he been? Goes hard after me, doesn't do much else.

Killswitch - A more active version of sbh. So far he has contributed nothing.

Broth - Anybody else getting a weird vibe from him?

Caddy - Not even around. When he is he adds nothing.

Fenikz - Again, has sat back and done a whole lot of nothing.

Vidae - Was adamant that I was evil and yet switched his vote pretty early from me to CJ. I get a mafia feel from him.

Now of course not all of these people are evil but they all stick out to me the most. The mafia hates accusing other people (usually the SK does this more) because they don't like accusing their own and if they are suspicious of too many good people they become suspicious. It is classic mafia to sit back, watch the town attack each other and just be suspicious of one or two people so as to have as many friends in the town as possible.

Dr. Gonzo
07-02-2012, 01:11 PM
Well Gonzo my stance is that my prior suspicions appear to be highly unreliable.

So what are your thoughts now?

Grizzlegom
07-02-2012, 01:11 PM
People who stick out:

Vidae - Was adamant that I was evil and yet switched his vote pretty early from me to CJ. I get a mafia feel from him.

Now of course not all of these people are evil but they all stick out to me the most. The mafia hates accusing other people (usually the SK does this more) because they don't like accusing their own and if they are suspicious of too many good people they become suspicious. It is classic mafia to sit back, watch the town attack each other and just be suspicious of one or two people so as to have as many friends in the town as possible.

I hope you are getting more than just a weird vibe from him...

Wootylicous
07-02-2012, 01:12 PM
I don't know how you can forget Rufus and Deep in this. I think you are telling us some bs gonzo.

Dr. Gonzo
07-02-2012, 01:14 PM
I don't know how you can forget Rufus and Deep in this. I think you are telling us some bs gonzo.

What BS? Honestly that was a quick list. I wrote that in under 5 minutes. I do not trust Rufus and Deep but of course I would be told by the town that I am suspicious of everyone if I included them as well. Please elaborate for me, why do you think they are suspicious?

Wootylicous
07-02-2012, 01:16 PM
Rufus for laying low and voting for townies all along the way. Deep for laying low too.

Wootylicous
07-02-2012, 01:18 PM
I'm sorry but if you are for the town and wants to help lynch the bad guys you do not lay low.

Dr. Gonzo
07-02-2012, 01:19 PM
Rufus for laying low and voting for townies all along the way. Deep for laying low too.

Agree on both counts. I would like to hear more from both of them.

DeepThreat
07-02-2012, 01:22 PM

How have I been laying low? I've pointed out three guys I think are really suspicious. As for not posting much, I've been without power and I have a ******* life on the weekend.

Fenikz seems evil to me, but it almost seems too obvious. It's always hard to tell if he's just uninterested or evil.

Killxswitch and Grizz still seem fishy to me.

Cigaro
07-02-2012, 01:22 PM
People who stick out:

lol

sbh said there were an abnormal amount of people not around this game, then doesn't post yesterday. But he wasn't posting elsewhere on the forum during the time the game was open, so I don't know.

Fenikz also didn't post yesterday, but like sbh didn't post in the rest of the forum either. Popped in to vote for Gonzo, and was named as suspicious of TH.

Caddy's inactivity has been partially explained by snicho, who I'm pretty confident is good, but that itself doesn't clear him.

Can agree on killxswitch as well. Says he certain about you, then just pops in minutes after being questioned saying he's actually unreliable.

I'm not getting the suspicious vibe from Deep. He hasn't posted that often, but when he has he is naming people he's suspicious of, or people who he thinks are good.

Rufus normally posts low, so I don't really have a read on him.

One extra guy who I'm suspicious of is Mcgee. I wouldn't act on it yet because I'm that uncertain, but seemed to not want us to look at who TH was suspicious, then his response to the possibility that CJ was targeted the first night was a little odd to me. Mcgee is a logical player, and the things I just listed have a logical basis, but its just something I'm going to keep in mind.

Dr. Gonzo
07-02-2012, 01:24 PM
I hope you are getting more than just a weird vibe from him...

He has just kind of summarized things. Waited for other people to come up with reasons as to who to vote for so he can join others in votes and remain under the radar. I just get an evil vibe.

I'm sorry but if you are for the town and wants to help lynch the bad guys you do not lay low.

I agree with this completely. Laying low has become the most viable strategy for the mafia. We are in day four, people must have opinions of who they think is evil by now. Again, laying low is what the mafia does because they don't want to call out to many good people and they do not want to implicate their own.

Cigaro
07-02-2012, 01:26 PM
He has just kind of summarized things. Waited for other people to come up with reasons as to who to vote for so he can join others in votes and remain under the radar. I just get an evil vibe.

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/015/orly.jpg

killxswitch
07-02-2012, 01:27 PM
Here is the deal. I am an investigator. I've investigated 3 people so far. IBC (came back good), gonzo (came back evil), TH (came back evil). Obviously one was right, one was wrong, and Gonzo we don't know about. But we can't count on me for proof of anyone's allegiance. I still find Gonzo's play pretty suspect but the town cannot trust my investigations.

Cigaro
Here is the deal. I am an investigator. I've investigated 3 people so far. IBC (came back good), gonzo (came back evil), TH (came back evil). Obviously one was right, one was wrong, and Gonzo we don't know about. But we can't count on me for proof of anyone's allegiance. I still find Gonzo's play pretty suspect but the town cannot trust my investigations.

The ****? Neither one was right, IBC was a miller and TH was a townie.

Dr. Gonzo
How have I been laying low? I've pointed out three guys I think are really suspicious. As for not posting much, I've been without power and I have a ******* life on the weekend.

Fenikz seems evil to me, but it almost seems too obvious. It's always hard to tell if he's just uninterested or evil.

Killxswitch and Grizz still seem fishy to me.

I can buy this. Grizz and as Cig mentioned McGee both fall in to the same category of suspicion to me. They both seem to be playing kind of how I was playing last game. Seem like you are helping the town but really just lead them where you want to lead them to help your own game.

Wootylicous
Sorry Deep but I'm working 70 hours per week/have a life on weekend and can still have 40+ posts in this. You have probably 15 posts and did nothing so far to help the town. Again If I'm wrong about it sorry but I don't believe you.

RufusMcDaniel
07-02-2012, 01:30 PM
What would you like to hear from me?

Don't have a night action, so I do have any direct info to give. I took a chance with Cigaro's information yesterday, and I could have easily killed off Gonzo with the lynch, but I don't think he's evil so I avoided voting like McGee and Grizz.

Grizzlegom
07-02-2012, 01:31 PM
I can buy this. Grizz and as Cig mentioned McGee both fall in to the same category of suspicion to me. They both seem to be playing kind of how I was playing last game. Seem like you are helping the town but really just lead them where you want to lead them to help your own game.

When did I mention McGee? I mentioned him in a post but not because I was suspicious of him.

Hopefully Caddy shows up later as I believe he said his move thing was a weekend thing and we're waiting around for Snicho for sure as well.

I'm thinking SBH has just not been around. He's usually very active in reading the thread when he is, just only posts when called out. The fact he didn't hammer Gonzo and hasn't appeared after the last few posts adds to that thought.

Grizzlegom
07-02-2012, 01:33 PM
What would you like to hear from me?

Don't have a night action, so I do have any direct info to give. I took a chance with Cigaro's information yesterday, and I could have easily killed off Gonzo with the lynch, but I don't think he's evil so I avoided voting like McGee and Grizz.

lol what? Me and McGee both refused to vote Gonzo or he'd be dead right now. Deep posts he's suspicious of me and within ten posts I've been tied to two separate things that simply aren't true :-(

Cigaro
07-02-2012, 01:33 PM
When did I mention McGee? I mentioned him in a post but not because I was suspicious of him.

I mentioned him.

Cigaro
07-02-2012, 01:34 PM
lol what? Me and McGee both refused to vote Gonzo or he'd be dead right now. Deep posts he's suspicious of me and within ten posts I've been tied to two separate things that simply aren't true :-(

I think he was saying he was refusing to vote just like yall did. Where is your reading comprehension Grizz?!

Dr. Gonzo
07-02-2012, 01:34 PM

Hopefully Caddy shows up later as I believe he said his move thing was a weekend thing and we're waiting around for Snicho for sure as well.

I'm thinking SBH has just not been around. He's usually very active in reading the thread when he is, just only posts when called out. The fact he didn't hammer Gonzo and hasn't appeared after the last few posts adds to that thought.

It was Cigaro who mentioned McGee, not you, I was agreeing with him. I was adding you to the people to watch list. Not saying you are evil but you have not really done anything to prove to me you are good just yet.

Grizzlegom
07-02-2012, 01:35 PM
I think he was saying he was refusing to vote just like yall did. Where is your reading comprehension Grizz?!

/Sigh. Sorry Rufus, can't read. Also, Gonzo, broth is dead and was evil, in case you missed it the first few times we've hinted at it...