PDA

View Full Version : 2012 NFLDC Top 10 CB

Giantsfan1080
06-29-2012, 07:15 PM
1. Darrelle Revis, New York Jets (170) UNANIMOUS
2. Joe Haden, Cleveland Browns (112)
3. Nnamdi Asomugha, Philadelphia Eagles (110)
4. Johnathan Joseph, Houston Texans (89)
5. Brandon Flowers, Kansas City Chiefs (69)
5. Lardarius Webb, Baltimore Ravens (69)
7. Charles Woodson, Green Bay Packers (60)
8. Champ Bailey, Denver Broncos (40)
9. Carlos Rogers, San Francisco 49ers (30)
9. Corey Webster, New York Giants (30)

*Vote Total in Parentheses

Bulldogs
06-29-2012, 07:20 PM
I think one of either Brent Grimes or Asante Samuel deserved a spot but I could see why it'd be close.

Giantsfan1080
06-29-2012, 07:21 PM
Grimes and Samuel were the two next guys with 29 points each.

Bulldogs
06-29-2012, 07:23 PM
There's alot of good corners, Chris Gamble and Ike Taylor are other names that deserve consideration. I personally wouldn't put Webb top 10 yet.

VAfy-ya
06-29-2012, 07:28 PM
Very surprised to see Rogers on the list. A couple of ints can change your perception as a CB or a safety. Its the truth because he's still basically the same CB he was in D.C. Solid in all areas, just catching the ball now instead.

Splat
06-29-2012, 07:32 PM
I really wasn't expecting to see Flowers get so much love. :)

TACKLE
06-29-2012, 07:41 PM
This is actually a very solid list. CB is one of the tougher groups because it's Revis and then a big mash of everybody else. The only objection I would have would be no PP7 but I understand there's varying criteria based on previous production vs. prospective (2012 season) production.

fenikz
06-29-2012, 07:42 PM
no Patrick Peterson lol

vidae
06-29-2012, 07:51 PM
I had both PP7 and Haden on my list, but I think Haden is a tad overrated here. Still good to great, but no way is he that high.

<3 the Flowers love.

Bulldogs
06-29-2012, 07:59 PM
PP7 is great, but no way would I rank him top 10 yet.

Giantsfan1080
06-29-2012, 08:30 PM
I don't think Peterson is top 10 yet after a half of a year. He did struggle a bit early on before he got things going. When we do this next year he'll for sure be in the top 10. I think Webster is still a little underrated by a few spot but he doesn't get much pub ever.

fenikz
06-29-2012, 08:48 PM
it says 2012 top 10 CB not 2011

Bulldogs
06-29-2012, 08:52 PM
it says 2012 top 10 CB not 2011

I guess where we differ is that I'm ranking them based on who I'd take in a game today, maybe I missed the criteria.

XxXdragonXxX
06-29-2012, 08:53 PM
no Patrick Peterson lol

If you're putting Peterson on there, Sherman should be on there to, ahead of Peterson.

Reality is neither should be on there til they prove it.

VAfy-ya
06-29-2012, 08:57 PM
PP has no business being on anyone top 10 CB list....unless your a Cards fan of course. Richard Sherman looks like the better CB to this point and if he isnt being debated, why should Peterson?

TACKLE
06-29-2012, 09:27 PM
I guess where we differ is that I'm ranking them based on who I'd take in a game today, maybe I missed the criteria.

See, I like that criteria. However, if that is your criteria then you need to recognize that PP improved significantly throughout the season and teams really started avoiding him because he was playing like a top 10 CB down the stretch. Now factor in that year one to year two is where players make their biggest jump, it's safe to assume he continue to take big steps forward from where he ended off. Steve Smith beating him in week 1 or Nicks beating him in week 4 is not indicative of the player he is today.

When we do this next year he'll for sure be in the top 10.

Then wouldn't that mean he was a top 10 CB in 2012?

Ness
06-29-2012, 10:56 PM
I really like Webb. Best corner no one talks about.

K Train
06-29-2012, 11:03 PM
webb, rodgers and even bailey and woodson have no part on this list above webster

woodson was not that good last year, im sure he'll be seeing more safety action.

cant really argue with 1-5 though

Giantsfan1080
06-29-2012, 11:13 PM
There was no specific criteria that I wanted to everyone to use. I wanted everyone to just use their own judgement based on whatever they want. I didn't vote to make it fair but I would be one to think you're not a top 10 guy until you prove it. PP didn't proved it over a full year yet but he has a great potential to that in 2012.

TACKLE
06-30-2012, 12:31 AM
I really like Webb. Best corner no one talks about.

Who among us can resist the opportunity to hype a player on our team when a fan from another team brings up him up?!?

When we go to our sub packages, Webb actually kicks inside and I am confident in saying he is the best nickelback in the league. I can't think of any CB's outside of Revis who could play both the pass and the run both inside and outside as well as Webb (he's also a very good return man). There are probably a couple better pure outside cover men (J-Jo, Nnamdi) but I think you'd be hard pressed to find a more well rounded CB in the league than Webb. His progression from 2010 to 2011 was as significant as any player in the league.

And GF, I understand why some would be reluctant to put PP that high this early, I do. I personally was just super impressed with how he played towards the end of the season which is why I think I hold him in a higher regard in the first place. From that impression I factor in what he brings to the table ability-wise.

*For the record I like the no criteria. Makes it more open, more diverse, doesn't help/hurt some players rankings and ultimately leaves more room for discussion.

Ness
06-30-2012, 12:32 AM
webb, rodgers and even bailey and woodson have no part on this list above webster

woodson was not that good last year, im sure he'll be seeing more safety action.

cant really argue with 1-5 though

Webster was targeted a lot last season, among the league's top ten most targeted. Just saying. Not sure why you believe he should be higher than the other guys, especially Webb who had a fantastic season.

Giantsfan1080
06-30-2012, 12:45 AM
Who cares if Webster was targeted? He's been shutdown since the game against the Bills in 08. He's struggled in a game against Jackson and that's it. I also don't believe these target numbers.

tjsunstein
06-30-2012, 01:41 AM
Grimes, Peterson, Samuel, and even Carr had a case.

Ness
06-30-2012, 02:02 AM
Who cares if Webster was targeted? He's been shutdown since the game against the Bills in 08. He's struggled in a game against Jackson and that's it. I also don't believe these target numbers.

Corey Webster a shut down corner? Sorry, shut down to me means someone playing on the level of a Darrell Revis, Champ Bailey, Rod Woodson, or Deion Sanders in their prime. Hall of Fame type guys. Webster is good (especially that season in 2008), but in response to the other poster, saying that he shouldn't be below everyone else "just because" is kind of weak in my opinion.

Here are the numbers of the most targeted cornerbacks according to Pro Football Focus:

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/01/12/cornerbacks-a-glance-at-the-2011-numbers/

Believe what you want.

TACKLE
06-30-2012, 02:33 AM
Grimes, Peterson, Samuel, and even Carr had a case.

I concur!!!

Ness
06-30-2012, 02:36 AM
I'm probably slow but who is Peterson?

Patrick Peterson.

TACKLE
06-30-2012, 02:39 AM
damnit Ness, stop twisting my words! I would never not now the name of the player I've been talking about in this entire thread. GOSH!

OSUGiants17
06-30-2012, 02:59 AM
Nice save TACKLE

TACKLE
06-30-2012, 03:02 AM
Nice save TACKLE

I don't know what you're talking about but don't feel the need to clarify.

gpngc
06-30-2012, 08:29 AM
I have no issues with this list.

But if Richard Sherman plays half as well as he did last year, he's going to be a fixture.

VAfy-ya
06-30-2012, 09:47 AM
Corey Webster a shut down corner? Sorry, shut down to me means someone playing on the level of a Darrell Revis, Champ Bailey, Rod Woodson, or Deion Sanders in their prime. Hall of Fame type guys. Webster is good (especially that season in 2008), but in response to the other poster, saying that he shouldn't be below everyone else "just because" is kind of weak in my opinion.

Here are the numbers of the most targeted cornerbacks according to Pro Football Focus:

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/01/12/cornerbacks-a-glance-at-the-2011-numbers/

Believe what you want.

I have to side with the Giants fans on this one. I've always been a Webster fan and thought he was easily the most underrated CB in the league. He's been playing at a high level for a long time. He may be slowing down just a tad, but he's still pretty good. I think he's top 5 material. You can make cases for alot of guys. There's alot of CB talent in the league and there is always going to be some ppl who believe their guy doesn't get enough love. But I think in Webster case its true because I never hear ppl talk about him when the mention best CBs in the league.

NY+Giants=NYG
06-30-2012, 10:24 AM
I have to side with the Giants fans on this one. I've always been a Webster fan and thought he was easily the most underrated CB in the league. He's been playing at a high level for a long time. He may be slowing down just a tad, but he's still pretty good. I think he's top 5 material. You can make cases for alot of guys. There's alot of CB talent in the league and there is always going to be some ppl who believe their guy doesn't get enough love. But I think in Webster case its true because I never hear ppl talk about him when the mention best CBs in the league.

The problem with those stats and other stuff like that is it doesn't give the big picture. Mind you we had 5 Cbs on IR, so in order to compensate we'd bring a sky safety down on the opposite site so compensate. At one point we had Rolle in the slot playing CB as well. So instead of getting owned on the opposite site, we would compensate and get Qbs to throw to the side where we weren't trying to compensate. Basically QBs instead of forcing it were taking what we gave them which was Webster on their X.

Webster has been our guy throughout both super bowl runs. He is always on X, from what I see, and has done a good job. He is a solid guy who doesn't get that much press.

bigbluedefense
06-30-2012, 10:37 AM
Jimmy Smith is gonna be the 2nd best CB in the league within 2 years. Write it down.

And Corey Webster is a boss.

bigbluedefense
06-30-2012, 10:41 AM
Please ppl. For the love of God. Stop following PFF's word like the gospel. It's a decent tool to use when evaluating guys, but it's not that accurate in many instances, especially for DBs.

Ness
06-30-2012, 12:17 PM
Please ppl. For the love of God. Stop following PFF's word like the gospel. It's a decent tool to use when evaluating guys, but it's not that accurate in many instances, especially for DBs.

I don't follow the site like its gospel so I know you aren't talking about me.

NY+Giants=NYG
06-30-2012, 12:23 PM
I don't follow the site like its gospel so I know you aren't talking about me.

Good, so you're good to go then. The people that do are the ones that are at a disadvantage.

Ness
06-30-2012, 12:40 PM

That's fine. I just personally believe he isn't a shut down corner. A very good one though. And not being talked about doesn't necessarily warrant the staus of top gun either. You could say the same thing about Webb. Like you mentioned yourself cases can be made for a lot of guys in the NFL.

Ness
06-30-2012, 12:46 PM
Good, so you're good to go then. The people that do are the ones that are at a disadvantage.
Like with all of those sites, when citing information it just depends on how it is taken in context. That being said it can be useful at times.

NY+Giants=NYG
06-30-2012, 12:54 PM
Like with all of those sites, when citing information it just depends on how it is taken in context. That being said it can be useful at times.

Oh I agree with that and that Webster is NOT a shut down corner, but a pretty damn good one. But the thing with those stats is that a lot of fans use them as their crux of their argument and turn football talk into a statistic class.

Watch when this new NFL game tape comes out. Now all that means is that you get dumb fans using stat sites and that video incorrectly and coming up with idiotic assumptions. My guess is that blogs and sites will use them, and the fan who is misinformed will use that as their foundation for whatever point they want to make. And often they will use it incorrectly.

VAfy-ya
06-30-2012, 01:03 PM
Jimmy Smith is gonna be the 2nd best CB in the league within 2 years. Write it down.

And Corey Webster is a boss.

That's a very bold statemement. Especially with the CB talent from that draft class. Right now, Sherman, Smith, PP, Culliver, and Allen have all showed signs of bright careers down the road. And I still think guys like Dowling, and Carmichael will show themselves to be talents at the position if they can come back from injuries. It will be interesting to see just what kind of careers unfold with that class.

VAfy-ya
06-30-2012, 01:17 PM
That's fine. I just personally believe he isn't a shut down corner. A very good one though. And not being talked about doesn't necessarily warrant the staus of top gun either. You could say the same thing about Webb. Like you mentioned yourself cases can be made for a lot of guys in the NFL.

There are no more shutdown CBs so its a moot point. Revis is close but no QB fears any CB in the league right now. Nor should they. The rules are catered for offensive players. A CB's job is more difficult than ever. It is what it is.

TACKLE
06-30-2012, 01:30 PM
There are no more shutdown CBs so its a moot point. Revis is close but no QB fears any CB in the league right now. Nor should they. The rules are catered for offensive players. A CB's job is more difficult than ever. It is what it is.

How is Revis not a shutdown CB?

Ness
06-30-2012, 01:44 PM
That's a very bold statemement. Especially with the CB talent from that draft class. Right now, Sherman, Smith, PP, Culliver, and Allen have all showed signs of bright careers down the road. And I still think guys like Dowling, and Carmichael will show themselves to be talents at the position if they can come back from injuries. It will be interesting to see just what kind of careers unfold with that class.

It wouldn't be the first bold statement from BBD.

#knicks2012

Giantsfan1080
06-30-2012, 03:23 PM
I apologize for using the term shutdown corner. It wear a bit hyperbolic but Webster is still underrated which is surprising to me. The only player who made him look silly was Vincent Jackson a few years ago.

A Perfect Score
06-30-2012, 03:42 PM
My list was very, very close to this one. I've been pretty spot on on all of these so far. My general thoughts:

-Haden is too high. I had him further down the list.
-Woodson definitely too high, especially because I'd even be hesitant to call him a pure CB anymore. I had him at #10 on my list, I think Rogers and Webster are superior cover men at this point in their respective careers

Glad to see Ladarious getting the love. And yes, Revis is a shutdown CB. Anyone saying otherwise is a crazy person.

Finally, BBD is right. Jimmy Smith is a Top 5 CB in the NFL in 2 years. Mark it down.

bigbluedefense
06-30-2012, 05:06 PM
I think there's only 1 shut down CB in the league, and that's Revis. I've said this many times in the past, Revis is the best CB I've seen since Deion. He's that good.

I just love Jimmy Smith. He's physical, he's tall and has long arms and he has the hips and speed to keep up with guys, and his press man skills are the best I've seen in awhile. When he was in press man in college, it was over. You didn't have a chance.

And he looked real good his rookie season. They put him on Gronk a lot in the playoffs, they put him on Andre Johnson. A rookie CB on that team, with those responsibilities? And he did a damn good job too.

He's gonna be special. I liked taking Prince, but deep down I had a feeling we'd regret passing on Smith bc I knew he's the best CB from that draft class.

I loved PP and Smith in that class. Liked Prince a lot too, but PP and Smith are gonna be studs.

ATLDirtyBirds
06-30-2012, 05:12 PM
Did you see Richard Sherman pressing last year?

bigbluedefense
06-30-2012, 05:18 PM
Sherman was a beast on press too, but he's not as fast as Smith or fluid. Still love him though. Seattle has a very good secondary.

Seattle, Baltimore, NYG, Philly, and NYJ might round out the top 5 cb cores in the league.

gpngc
06-30-2012, 05:24 PM
Seattle EASILY has the best secondary top-to-bottom in the league.

EASILY.

Trufant as the nickel? YES.

Vox Populi
06-30-2012, 05:40 PM
Stevie Johnson makes Revis his *****. His route running is so ******** when he makes his cuts Revis' brain just melts and he doesn't know how to play it. There was even multiple times last year where Fitzpatrick just completely missed Johnson on the sideline where he burned Revis for what could have been several big plays rather than the handful of shorter routes that Fitzpatrick was able to actually throw accurately enough to convert on.

bigbluedefense
06-30-2012, 06:06 PM
Stevie Johnson makes Revis his *****. His route running is so ******** when he makes his cuts Revis' brain just melts and he doesn't know how to play it. There was even multiple times last year where Fitzpatrick just completely missed Johnson on the sideline where he burned Revis for what could have been several big plays rather than the handful of shorter routes that Fitzpatrick was able to actually throw accurately enough to convert on.

No. You act like he burned Revis for 150 yards and 2 touchdowns each game. Catching some passes on Revis and being the ONLY guy in the entire league to do so doesn't mean Revis isn't a shut down CB.

bigbluedefense
06-30-2012, 06:07 PM

EASILY.

You're factoring in the safeties into the equation as well though. If we're strictly talking CB trios, it's top 5. Overall secondary? I'd say it's close between the Seahawks, Ravens, and Giants.

VAfy-ya
06-30-2012, 07:49 PM

EASILY.

Easily? Nah, that's very debateable.

Rosebud
06-30-2012, 07:52 PM
Easily? Nah, that's very debateable.

If they're corners are able to repeat their performances they have a great case, it's debateable but they could cement the debate in their favor this season. That said I feel obligated to make the customary Giants secondary is often under-rated, Rolle and Phillips is just below Kam n Earl by the smallest of margins, and Webster, Thomas, Prince and all the inside guys, is a quality of corner depth that matches up with any team in the league.

VAfy-ya
06-30-2012, 08:42 PM
If they're corners are able to repeat their performances they have a great case, it's debateable but they could cement the debate in their favor this season. That said I feel obligated to make the customary Giants secondary is often under-rated, Rolle and Phillips is just below Kam n Earl by the smallest of margins, and Webster, Thomas, Prince and all the inside guys, is a quality of corner depth that matches up with any team in the league.

Sherman I love. Browner is a tad overated IMO. He gave up big catch after big catch to Crabs in their biggest game of the year last season. He's better than average but Im not sold on him. And Trufant hasn't completed a season healthy in how long? That knocks them down a peg, despite the duo at safety. I think Ravens have it right now. A good 1-2-3 punch at CB. Pollard is solid but unspectacular. And Ed Reed, even at his age, is still the stuff by which all other FS are measured. I think they have it right now. Giants could make a case but Im not sure how Thomas bounces back from that ACL.

armageddon
06-30-2012, 10:15 PM
Rams are paying Finnigan 10 mill per year and he isn't even top 10 ? Top 20 hopefully ?

WCH
06-30-2012, 10:45 PM
My list was very, very close to this one. I've been pretty spot on on all of these so far. My general thoughts:

-Haden is too high. I had him further down the list.
-Woodson definitely too high, especially because I'd even be hesitant to call him a pure CB anymore. I had him at #10 on my list, I think Rogers and Webster are superior cover men at this point in their respective careers

Glad to see Ladarious getting the love. And yes, Revis is a shutdown CB. Anyone saying otherwise is a crazy person.

Finally, BBD is right. Jimmy Smith is a Top 5 CB in the NFL in 2 years. Mark it down.

He's not a pure CB, and that's why he's still able to play at a high level. His ability to be a hybrid defender allows the Packers to essentially run a 2-4-5 base defense. When you take him away, the whole scheme falls apart.

There aren't very many other top CBs who GB would trade Woodson for, even at his advanced age.

Rosebud
07-01-2012, 02:05 AM
Sherman I love. Browner is a tad overated IMO. He gave up big catch after big catch to Crabs in their biggest game of the year last season. He's better than average but Im not sold on him. And Trufant hasn't completed a season healthy in how long? That knocks them down a peg, despite the duo at safety. I think Ravens have it right now. A good 1-2-3 punch at CB. Pollard is solid but unspectacular. And Ed Reed, even at his age, is still the stuff by which all other FS are measured. I think they have it right now. Giants could make a case but Im not sure how Thomas bounces back from that ACL.

Eh, Earl is a better FS than Ed Reed at this point and as a centerfielder, Kenny Phillips isn't far behind those two. And since both Kam and Rolle are better than Pollard I'd actually take both Seattle and the Giants Safeties over Baltimore's Safeties.

Grizzlegom
07-01-2012, 07:11 AM
No. You act like he burned Revis for 150 yards and 2 touchdowns each game. Catching some passes on Revis and being the ONLY guy in the entire league to do so doesn't mean Revis isn't a shut down CB.

Only Ted Ginn Jr. can do that.

VAfy-ya
07-01-2012, 07:23 AM
Eh, Earl is a better FS than Ed Reed at this point and as a centerfielder, Kenny Phillips isn't far behind those two. And since both Kam and Rolle are better than Pollard I'd actually take both Seattle and the Giants Safeties over Baltimore's Safeties.

Even if you say the Giants and Seattle's safties are better, the Ravens top 3 CBs are better than both. That's why I say its very debateable. Cary Williams, Webb, and Jimmy Smith are probably the most talented trio of CBs in the league. I would say the Packers are up there too but Woodson does so much for them besides play CB, its really like Shields and Williams are the starters on the outside with him at FS/CB hybrid most of the time.

NY+Giants=NYG
07-01-2012, 11:22 AM
I don't really worry about our Cbs as a whole. Last year was tough with 5 CBs getting hurt, but our DL is what makes the defense. When you sack the QB, and pressure the QB and cut down on his time back there, the talent we have in the secondary is suffice. It's not like we have junk back there, we have a talented group and factor in our DL, good things happen. We don't need all stars back there. That's probably why someone like Webster gets over looked.

VAfy-ya
07-01-2012, 01:22 PM
But if we're talking secondaries, I have to factor in your two starters on the outside and your nickel. That's just how I view things. I can't overlook CBs just because a team has great DEs that create alot pressure so your CBs don't have to be great. Im just going by pure talent in the top three CBs and the safties. I think Buffalo's is on the cusp. They just added Gilmore who I think is a absolute beast in the making to a already solid core in McGee, McLovin, Byrd and Wilson(or is it Scott?). That secondary has alot of promise. Especially if Super Mario, Merriman, and Anderson give them the pressure from the outside they've sorely been lacking

SuperMcGee
07-01-2012, 01:32 PM
But if we're talking secondaries, I have to factor in your two starters on the outside and your nickel. That's just how I view things. I can't overlook CBs just because a team has great DEs that create alot pressure so your CBs don't have to be great. Im just going by pure talent in the top three CBs and the safties. I think Buffalo's is on the cusp. They just added Gilmore who I think is a absolute beast in the making to a already solid core in McGee, McLovin, Byrd and Wilson(or is it Scott?). That secondary has alot of promise. Especially if Super Mario, Merriman, and Anderson give them the pressure from the outside they've sorely been lacking

Wilson is the starting safety. Scott plays more of a hybrid linebacker role.

McGee is tough to count on these days, health-wise, but still pretty good. McKelvin is just competing right now and has no guarantees. Second-year man Aaron Williams is actually looked at as the starter, so we're pretty young at corner. Sophomore Justin Rogers and 4th-round pick Ron Brooks should have spots locked up on the team and are in the mix for the nickel job, which will likely go to McGee as long as he is healthy. There is absolutely promise in this group, but it might be a little green on the outside. Tough to predict how this defense comes together, but I'm excited.

VAfy-ya
07-01-2012, 03:37 PM
Wilson is the starting safety. Scott plays more of a hybrid linebacker role.

McGee is tough to count on these days, health-wise, but still pretty good. McKelvin is just competing right now and has no guarantees. Second-year man Aaron Williams is actually looked at as the starter, so we're pretty young at corner. Sophomore Justin Rogers and 4th-round pick Ron Brooks should have spots locked up on the team and are in the mix for the nickel job, which will likely go to McGee as long as he is healthy. There is absolutely promise in this group, but it might be a little green on the outside. Tough to predict how this defense comes together, but I'm excited.

Ahhh, forgot about Aaron Williams. Knew there was another young CB that I liked from your roster. Whether its Gilmore and McGee or Gilmore and Williams or Gilmore and McKelvin doesn't really matter. They're all gonna see the field and contribute. I see a talented but young group of CBs, along with a solid safety tandem. I like the pontential there.

Rosebud
07-02-2012, 12:57 PM
Even if you say the Giants and Seattle's safties are better, the Ravens top 3 CBs are better than both. That's why I say its very debateable. Cary Williams, Webb, and Jimmy Smith are probably the most talented trio of CBs in the league. I would say the Packers are up there too but Woodson does so much for them besides play CB, its really like Shields and Williams are the starters on the outside with him at FS/CB hybrid most of the time.

I don't think the Ravens corners are that much better than the giants or Seahawks corners...yet. If Webb keeps improving and Jimmy Smith keeps his head on straight they can be, especially since C-Web won't play at a top level forever, but for now I think the corners are closer than the safeties.

Complex
07-02-2012, 01:20 PM
How is Revis not a shut-down corner? you do know Deion Sanders allowed 100 yard games once in awhile too right?

Bulldogs
07-02-2012, 01:45 PM
To join in the homers on the CB trios, Atlanta's secondary has gone from one of the most average to one of the better ones with the addition of Asante Samuel. Now we got Brent Grimes and Asante Samuel with Dunta Robinson holding down the nickel spot. William Moore is also quietly one of the better young safeties in the game, just needs to stay healthy.

tjsunstein
07-02-2012, 01:47 PM
The Packers secondary really wasn't that bad last year but when the 'pass rush' gives you 6 seconds to cover then it gets a little tough.

robert pancake gallery
07-02-2012, 02:51 PM
Only Ted Ginn Jr. can do that.

to be fair, ted ginn jr is probably the most athletically gifted player to ever grace a football field

that was initially supposed to be a troll, but he's actually pretty damn athletic

Mufasa
07-02-2012, 03:12 PM
If this was a list of the top cover men in the NFL you would have a point. But as a list of top CBs 7th is the lowest he should be. He's lost a step in coverage, but he's still the best defensive playmaker in the NFL.

bigbluedefense
07-02-2012, 03:20 PM
If this was a list of the top cover men in the NFL you would have a point. But as a list of top CBs 7th is the lowest he should be. He's lost a step in coverage, but he's still the best defensive playmaker in the NFL.

He's not really a CB anymore. He's a glorified safety/nickel blitzer/linebacker now.

I agree that he's still a great playmaker, but he's not really a cornerback anymore. And when he does line up there, he's pretty underwhelming.

armageddon
07-02-2012, 05:25 PM
The Rams secondary is going to be one of the best very soon. Check out this CB depth

Finnagan
Fletcher - very good CB who may get beat out by Jenkins
Murphy
rookie Jenoris Jenkins (best CB in the draft by many experts)
rookie Trumaine Johnson (projected to be a 2nd rounder)
Gordy

Bulldogs
07-02-2012, 05:27 PM
The Rams secondary is going to be one of the best very soon. Check out this CB depth

Finnagan
Fletcher - very good CB who may get beat out by Jenkins
Murphy
rookie Jenoris Jenkins (best CB in the draft by many experts)
rookie Trumaine Johnson (projected to be a 2nd rounder)
Gordy

Alot of speculation but there is certainly some young talent there.