PDA

View Full Version : Aldon Smith stabbed this morning...

Shane P. Hallam
06-30-2012, 04:56 PM
"The Sheriff's department this morning were called to a party at which two people were shot and once was stabbed. Smith's injury is not believed to be serious."

www.twitter.com/mattbarrows

Figured it may be an interesting discussion.

Hines
06-30-2012, 04:58 PM
Two incidents this offseason. I wonder what Goddell will think of this.

bigbluedefense
06-30-2012, 05:02 PM
Aldon Smith is a beast. He's like the LB version of JPP. Hope he keeps his head on straight and stays out of trouble,and if he focuses on football, the sky is the limit.

Ness
06-30-2012, 06:28 PM
I almost had a heart attack. Jesus.

WMD
06-30-2012, 06:52 PM
I'll just assume it's one of the Lions' players that did the shooting and stabbing.

VAfy-ya
06-30-2012, 08:26 PM
Defintely not the kind of headlines you want to be making a month before camp. Apparently he threw a little house party at his home. Things got out of hand and he got stabbed while trying to break up a fight. He probably thought he was doing the right thing after the DUI by not going out and partying....the kid seems to be a little snake-bitten. That being said, may be best if he leaves the partying and the alcohol alone for awhile.

WCH
06-30-2012, 10:22 PM
I'll just assume it's one of the Lions' players that did the shooting and stabbing.

It's the offseason. The Lions are too busy getting high and driving drunk. Those guys are smart; they save their violence for the football field.

Defintely not the kind of headlines you want to be making a month before camp. Apparently he threw a little house party at his home. Things got out of hand and he got stabbed while trying to break up a fight. He probably thought he was doing the right thing after the DUI by not going out and partying....the kid seems to be a little snake-bitten. That being said, may be best if he leaves the partying and the alcohol alone for awhile.

He probably realizes that now. You can really have an "Ah-Ha" moment when somebody basically tries to kill you.

phlysac
06-30-2012, 10:26 PM
qD-ybPAIW6s

dunagan15
06-30-2012, 10:49 PM
qD-ybPAIW6s

I def lol'd

Vikes99ej
06-30-2012, 11:59 PM
qD-ybPAIW6s

This is why so many NFL players and pro athletes end up bankrupt. smh fo real. what's so wrong with getting a decent condo

Ness
07-01-2012, 12:30 AM
Well, what are you gonna do? Think about it. A lot of these guys came from nothing, and even if you are a third string player on an NFL team you are still making a ridiculous amount of money. A lot of these guys are going straight out ball when they get that first paycheck. Finally they can live the lifestyle that is glamourized in music videos and movies. And really, when you have a lot of "yes" men saying this and that to you, certain women that tag you, along with a bunch of money...conventional logic fails. You really don't know what it is like until you are in that position unfortunately. I bet a lot of people here would succumb to doing a lot of decisions that don't seem so smart if they woke up the next day with Aldon Smith's bank status as their own.

diabsoule
07-01-2012, 12:55 AM
Being an underling in the Sam Hurd mafia ain't no joke, ya'eard?

TheFinisher
07-01-2012, 08:25 AM
This is why so many NFL players and pro athletes end up bankrupt. smh fo real. what's so wrong with getting a decent condo

lol I can't blame them though, I'd be doing the same thing.

Forenci
07-01-2012, 08:41 AM
This is why I personally believe as pro-athlete you just need to forgo partying. It's fine for us normal people because we're not famous (and therefore not a target) but when you're famous and you're throwing parties bad stuff always seems to happen.

It's just not worth it. Or if you're going to have a party, it should only be with a small group of trusted friends.

I agree with Ness' assessment, though.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
07-01-2012, 11:14 AM
This is why I personally believe as pro-athlete you just need to forgo partying. It's fine for us normal people because we're not famous (and therefore not a target) but when you're famous and you're throwing parties bad stuff always seems to happen.

It's just not worth it. Or if you're going to have a party, it should only be with a small group of trusted friends.

I agree with Ness' assessment, though.

It is why I love Kevin Durant for the most part he stays out of the spotlight. 24/7 basketball.

bigbluedefense
07-01-2012, 11:37 AM
Ok I went from loving Aldon Smith to hating him after watching that video. Visionary Villionz? Really?

What a douchebag.

That looked like an epic party though. I should have been an athlete.

Ness
07-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Ok I went from loving Aldon Smith to hating him after watching that video. Visionary Villionz? Really?

What a douchebag.

What? You thought every young black athlete with money was going to be as humble as Barry Sanders?

Not sure why he's a doucebag for attending a pool party sponsored by a clothing company.

Ness
07-01-2012, 02:30 PM
It is why I love Kevin Durant for the most part he stays out of the spotlight. 24/7 basketball.

He's in Oklahoma...

Forenci
07-01-2012, 02:36 PM

Haha same. If I was an athlete I'd be spending the majority of my time actually honing my craft and improving. I guess if I knew people were paying me an absurd amount of money to do one thing I'd make damn sure I earned it and was good at it.

The Alex
07-01-2012, 03:25 PM

I read an article during his rookie year in Seattle how he would go over to kids houses and play video games and **** with them in his spare time. The dude rules.

phlysac
07-01-2012, 03:46 PM

What a douchebag.

Vizionary Villainz is a fledgling clothing company that gave Aldon Smith a ton of free gear and probably a pay check for allowing them to have a photshoot at his pool party.

He might be a douche. He might not. I don't know how the video should be the determining factor.

wicket
07-01-2012, 03:57 PM
part of the saints bounty scheme, clearly

Borat
07-01-2012, 05:31 PM
Aldon is a hero!

phlysac
07-01-2012, 05:55 PM

http://guestofaguest.com/washington-dc/celebrities/nba-all-star-kevin-durant-at-eden-last-night

http://dose.clubzone.com/events/339432/los_angeles/Kevin-Durant---Ray-J-ALL-STAR-GAME-AFTER-PARTY---Travis-Porter-Live.html

http://hiphopwired.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/2011-02-14_11-46-28.jpg

LkPVCfdCco8

He's smart enough/fortunate enough to stay out of trouble. He clubs just like a great many young athletes.

Ness
07-01-2012, 06:19 PM
But, phlysac what happened to 24/7 basketball? Do you mean to tell me all the fluff pieces that come out in the media painting young, successful, and wealthy athletes in a positive light where they could possibly do no wrong aren't the end-all-be-all of someone's personal life? You mean Kevin Durant isn't just going to little kids homes and playing video games with them? He's actually out poppin bottles in the club...in public? WTF....

Ness
07-01-2012, 06:20 PM
http://hiphopwired.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/2011-02-14_11-46-28.jpg

The guy on the far left with his eyebrow cocked looks like he's about to have a ***** moment towards Kevin Durant.

phlysac
07-01-2012, 06:25 PM
I have no problem with it. At the same time I'm not defending Aldon Smith. I just know that the media certainly do paint a picture of what type of lifestyle certain players live, and they're rarely accurate.

Ness
07-01-2012, 06:43 PM
I have no problem with it. At the same time I'm not defending Aldon Smith. I just know that the media certainly do paint a picture of what type of lifestyle certain players live, and they're rarely accurate.

Of course not. Anyone who believes those pieces are just straight up idiots. Fact of the matter is, no one, not any member of the media, not the fans, and certainly no one here on this message board can accurately claim they know these people and the way they live...good or bad.

oQRu2sZfFvo

Oh my goodness Delaine Walker dropped the N-word...

BigBanger
07-01-2012, 09:04 PM
When Kevin Durant gets stabbed at a party that he threw because he tried to "break up" a fight between some gun totting NWAs, then we can compare the two. Until then, let's lay off the nerdy looking, fully clothed, surrounded-by-a-bunch-of-dudes-Durant after he went to his first night club.

And lets not forget that Durant has been in the NBA, making an NBA All-star players salary, for the last 5+ years. It took Aldon one off season to make headlines for being his douchebag self.

phlysac
07-01-2012, 10:04 PM
When Kevin Durant gets stabbed at a party that he threw because he tried to "break up" a fight between some gun totting NWAs, then we can compare the two. Until then, let's lay off the nerdy looking, fully clothed, surrounded-by-a-bunch-of-dudes-Durant after he went to his first night club.

This is precisely the point. I never compared the two as people. But your opinion of Durant's nightlife-style is ill-informed. Durant hosts parties at clubs regularly. I posted a video of one, and photos of several others. "Vizionary Villainz" was made light of earlier in the thread. One of Durant's many parties was titled "Hennessy presents Xpensive Habits." It's a cultural phenomenon of money and club atmosphere. These celebrities actually make money representing brands while partying. Many, many, many successful athletes throw parties. Sadly, many NFL players also get stabbed. To assume the "type" of person someone is because of these things is terribly naive.

The only thing that can be inferred is that "better" decisions can be made.

NotMyJob
07-01-2012, 11:50 PM
Sadly, many NFL players also get stabbed.

lol, really? i'm not even hating i'm just trying to remember the last one to get stabbed.

phlysac
07-01-2012, 11:58 PM
lol, really? i'm not even hating i'm just trying to remember the last one to get stabbed.

Aldon Smith
Jason Taylor
Charles Grant
Jason Hunter
Brandon Marshall
Brandon Banks
William Green
Geno Hayes
Nick Harper
Teyo Johnson
Roderick Green

Just those I remember in the last handful of years. I'm sure there have been more.

Bulldogs
07-02-2012, 01:01 AM
God damn 49er's fans I tell ya....

vidae
07-02-2012, 01:09 AM
I have no idea what a 49er player could possibly do to get hated on by the 49er fans here. I don't think there is a single thing they could do.

Borat
07-02-2012, 01:41 AM

I have no idea what a 49er player could possibly do to get hated on by the 49er fans here. I don't think there is a single thing they could do.

Made me LOL.

Back on topic, Paul Pierce is a stabbing victim too.

49ersfan_87
07-02-2012, 01:41 AM

Can't speak for anyone else but for me it all depends what they're hating on. Aldon spends money and gets stabbed? No hate. Aldon has a DUI and possibly is a d-bag? Hate on.

BTW, there are several 49er-centric forums with thousands of fans. This forum has like 8 regular 49er posters. Read a Kyle Williams, Alex Smith, Dashon Goldson, and maybe even Brandon Jacobs thread and you'll see what it takes for players to get hated on. I'm not allowed to link or even name those boards but my source: The internet.

Vikes99ej
07-02-2012, 01:44 AM
Sorry, I have no respect for the whole get a "Lambo with huge rims and a ten room mansion" with the first paycheck thing. there has to be at least one NFL player who is playing because he actually wants to play the highest level of football and doesn't just want let his posse leach off of him and drop $50k tabs at ho-infested clubs.

Ness
07-02-2012, 02:05 AM
This is precisely the point. I never compared the two as people. But your opinion of Durant's nightlife-style is ill-informed. Durant hosts parties at clubs regularly. I posted a video of one, and photos of several others. "Vizionary Villainz" was made light of earlier in the thread. One of Durant's many parties was titled "Hennessy presents Xpensive Habits." It's a cultural phenomenon of money and club atmosphere. These celebrities actually make money representing brands while partying. Many, many, many successful athletes throw parties. Sadly, many NFL players also get stabbed. To assume the "type" of person someone is because of these things is terribly naive.

Stop making logical arguments. Apparently they're making 49ers fans look like homers.

WCH
07-02-2012, 09:35 AM
If you throw a party and you get stabbed and two other people are shot, then you need to reexamine your life choices. You're probably doing something wrong. This shouldn't even be debatable.

phlysac
07-02-2012, 09:48 AM
If you throw a party and you get stabbed and two other people are shot, then you need to reexamine your life choices. You're probably doing something wrong. This shouldn't even be debatable.

Absolutely agree.

My point is that a HUGE number of athletes either throw and/or attend these parties/clubs. They do it quite regularly. They work hard, they play hard. We only ever hear about it when something unfortunate happens.

And if anyone thinks I'm a straw-man, I'd be happy to discuss it with them.

VAfy-ya
07-02-2012, 09:51 AM

Or you might want to look at the ppl your surrounding yourself with and take stock of your circle and see if they are part of the problem. Nothing wrong throwing a party. Gronk throws hella parties and is well known for it. Maybe he can teach Aldon how to throw the proper party without the bloddy aftermath. But he indeed does need to undestand whether or not it was troublemakers outside of his circle and he was just the victim of some bad luck, he's starting to get a rep now. You don't want to get that label so its best if he refrain from the parties and that need for 'nightlife', for awhile.

Ness
07-02-2012, 12:11 PM
And if anyone thinks I'm a straw-man, I'd be happy to discussit with them.
Folks would eventually just use "oh 49ers fans" card or "49ers players can do no wrong" no matter how objectively you're looking at the issue.

Bulldogs
07-02-2012, 12:13 PM
You guys were seriously comparing Kevin Durant to Aldon Smith. Give me a break.

Bulldogs
07-02-2012, 12:14 PM
For the record, I would not care whatsoever if Aldon was partying but avoiding fights and DUIs. Young athletes party, that's their choice.

Ness
07-02-2012, 12:32 PM
You guys were seriously comparing Kevin Durant to Aldon Smith. Give me a break.

Except that never happened. The discussion moved to Kevin Durant after he was, for some reason, brought up. phlysac even said that he wasn't comparing the two people. A person brought up Kevin Durant saying something along the lines of staying out of the spotlight and basketball 24/7 and whatever fluff piece that is published in the papers and phlysac exposed the fallacy in their statements. Young high profile athletes attend parties or hold them. They spend money and ball out. That was the point. No one was making a direct connection between Aldon Smith and Kevin Durant. That's a vision you created son.

stop knocking down strawmen, it's making you look illiterate.

Yeah, maybe I should stop cleaning up the messes around here. I knew I liked you.

Rosebud
07-02-2012, 12:49 PM
stop knocking down strawmen, it's making you look illiterate.

It's not a strawman, I totally think that some of the 9ers fans on here are homers because of the logical arguments they make...

Ness
07-02-2012, 01:39 PM
the mess? where one person made an unrelated comment that you decided to tie back into this bizarre meme of the poor, down-trodden 49ers fans? that's... er... cute. the 'woe is me' card is pathetic, and you should be ashamed of yourself for playing it.

My goodness your reading comprehension is awful. I've already explained why certain information was misconstrued and certain comparisons that were thought to be made in the first place weren't even made initially. Actually phlysac explained it better than I did. Maybe you should be ashamded for running in circles on something that isn't so complex to understand. Keep believing what you though brah.

Ness
07-02-2012, 01:40 PM
It's not a strawman, I totally think that some of the 9ers fans on here are homers because of the logical arguments they make...

At least you're honest about it. Don't quit your day job player.

Bulldogs
07-02-2012, 01:43 PM
Not every thread should have to turn into everyone vs. 49ers fans. I just wish they'd get the hint.

tjsunstein
07-02-2012, 01:45 PM
Not every thread should have to turn into everyone vs. 49ers fans. I just wish they'd get the hint.

Says a Falcons fan...

Anyway, why does James Harden hate hats that fit?

Bulldogs
07-02-2012, 01:54 PM
Says a Falcons fan...

Anyway, why does James Harden hate hats that fit?

Of the top of my head I can't think of a thread where it turned into Falcons fans vs. all recently.

Ness
07-02-2012, 02:40 PM

Completely agree.

phlysac
07-02-2012, 03:32 PM

This thread is about a 49ers player, correct? Few of the posts in here targeted any fans until you made your comment. It appears as if you were the one that started to storm. It wasn't 49ers fans defending Aldon Smith, comparing him to Durant. You made your comment, the ish hit the fan. Thank you for your understanding of the timetable. Appreciate it.

Ness
07-02-2012, 04:22 PM
This thread is about a 49ers player, correct? Few of the posts in here targeted any fans until you made your comment. It appears as if you were the one that started to storm. It wasn't 49ers fans defending Aldon Smith, comparing him to Durant. You made your comment, the ish hit the fan. Thank you for your understanding of the timetable. Appreciate it.

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh7/mr-sinistre/salute.gif

49ersfan_87
07-02-2012, 06:56 PM

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/clapping/joker.gif

7/10 troll job, would read again.

Ness
07-02-2012, 07:43 PM
he says, without the faintest trace of irony.

what circles am i running in, 'brah'? the parts of the thread i haven't participated in? weren't you *just* talking about reading comprehension? i called you out on a strawman and for whining in nearly every post. there's a reason i haven't called phlysac out on anything he's posted.

No the parts that you are having trouble understanding LOL. Yes you would be correct I was talking about your bad reading comprehension. All I did was support phlysac's points. Feel free to you know, actually point out what was strawman to you based on what I said (or what I you believed I was whining about in every post) instead of making a joke of a wisecrack as per usual. Can't wait for this response. Really, I'm on the edge of my seat...

whatadai
07-02-2012, 11:35 PM
Says a Falcons fan...

Says a Packers fan...

Ness
07-03-2012, 12:41 PM
again you talk about poor reading comprehension when you're not actually capable of reading the single sentence i quoted in my first post in this thread. "Stop making logical arguments. Apparently they're making 49ers fans look like homers." that's a strawman. no one was suggesting you were a homer because phlysac was making 'logical arguments', but you decided to torpedo the discussion by making up the position everyone else was taking, and arguing 'successfully' against it. further, you decided to torpedo it in the most pathetic way humanly possible, by playing at oppression ("Apparently they're making 49ers fans look like homers", on the off chance you're yet again incapable of locating your own post and would rather whine about how you never said posted anything except perfect arguments in phlysac's defense).
I
in the future, google works exceptionally well when you don't actually know what the words i'm using mean.

oh, right, in before another accusation that i can't read. no really, you're totally making that one work. if you just keep repeating it, someone, somewhere might actually believe it. :njx:

Post fail. Sorry you actually believe that was a strawman. Phlysac even queationed what you were implying with that very post. Maybe your sentence wasn't constructed well in the first place. My quote was directed towards a specfic post in not only this thread, but a couple others where 49ers fans have gotten into a tussle over certain issues resulting in the believe that there is a ridiculous bias for fans of the franchise. But right, running with a sacaristic remark based on what has been implied in this and other threads equals playing the victim card via strawman. I really feel ashamed. Your moral compass is really too overbearing for me. Stop it. No really stop. Sorry you were late to the party.

Shane P. Hallam
07-03-2012, 12:49 PM
http://hollywoodhatesme.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/scarecrow-wizard-of-oz.jpg

Ness
07-03-2012, 12:58 PM
That about sums it up.

Ness
07-03-2012, 01:25 PM
Oh boy the sniping technique/taking things out of context. Wow njx9 you sure showed me. LOL I'll let you have this one, although I don't believe you actually believe what you're saying.

BigBanger
07-05-2012, 05:11 AM
Aldon Smith
Jason Taylor
Charles Grant
Jason Hunter
Brandon Marshall
Brandon Banks
William Green
Geno Hayes
Nick Harper
Teyo Johnson
Roderick Green

Just those I remember in the last handful of years. I'm sure there have been more.
Aside from the remark you replied to, this is a weak list. Not in anyway similar to Aldon Smith. Charles Grant and Brandon Banks are only even remotely similar cases. Stabings of this nature, and people getting shot is not common among NFL players. That's more to the topic at hand.

Jason Taylor? Really? A legit victim who just so happened to be an NFL player? Taylor should not be grouped with the likes of Charles Grant and Aldon Smith. I understand that you want to somehow validate this incident, but if you're going to mention stabings, then you should probably make a list that is similar in nature to Smiths case. Charles Grant is the ONLY case that you mentioned that's similar.

Most of those stabings are domestic related incidents. A lot different than what happened here.

This is precisely the point. I never compared the two as people. But your opinion of Durant's nightlife-style is ill-informed. Durant hosts parties at clubs regularly. I posted a video of one, and photos of several "Vizionary Villainz" was made light of earlier in the thread. One of Durant's many parties was titled "Hennessy presents Xpensive Habits." It's a cultural phenomenon of money and club atmosphere. These celebrities actually make money representing brands while partying. Many, many, many successful athletes throw parties. Sadly, many NFL players also get stabbed. To assume the "type" of person someone is because of these things is terribly naive.

You took my comment too literally. It's a joke that Durant has been brought up. My opinion on Durants life style is not ill informed. I don't party with him or play hide the pickle with him. Clearly you do since you know everything about these players lives.

Being naive isnt really my issue. Have you ever met a smartass? I'll give you time to google the **** out of "smartass" and tell me everything there is to know about smartasses. Maybe you can generate a list of notorious smartasses. I'll give a name search to help facilitate your listology: Rodney Dangerfield.

phlysac
07-05-2012, 07:21 AM
Aside from the remark you replied to, this is a weak list. Not in anyway similar to Aldon Smith. Charles Grant and Brandon Banks are only even remotely similar cases. Stabings of this nature, and people getting shot is not common among NFL players. That's more to the topic at hand.

Jason Taylor? Really? A legit victim who just so happened to be an NFL player? Taylor should not be grouped with the likes of Charles Grant and Aldon Smith. I understand that you want to somehow validate this incident, but if you're going to mention stabings, then you should probably make a list that is similar in nature to Smiths case. Charles Grant is the ONLY case that you mentioned that's similar.

Most of those stabings are domestic related incidents. A lot different than what happened here.

You took my comment too literally. It's a joke that Durant has been brought up. My opinion on Durants life style is not ill informed. I don't party with him or play hide the pickle with him. Clearly you do since you know everything about these players lives.

Being naive isnt really my issue. Have you ever met a smartass? I'll give you time to google the **** out of "smartass" and tell me everything there is to know about smartasses. Maybe you can generate a list of notorious smartasses. I'll give a name search to help facilitate your listology: Rodney Dangerfield.

I actually only listed players who'd been stabbed. Any other correlation was done by you.

Took your comment literally? Sorry, I'm a fan of having accountability for the words a person uses. Why would one speak figuratively just to argue?

Because you're a smartass? Congratulations. I'm glad you find enjoyment in picking arguments on an internet message board simply because you are one. Well played.

"Hide the pickle?" Really? Yeah, I have no need to continue in banter with such obvious childishness.

You won. You're a bigger smartass than me, and I'm far too literal. I'll go cry now.

bigbluedefense
07-05-2012, 08:25 AM
For the love of God man.

Why is this constantly happening?

BigBanger
07-05-2012, 04:39 PM
I actually only listed players who'd been stabbed. Any other correlation was done by you.

Took your comment literally? Sorry, I'm a fan of having accountability for the words a person uses. Why would one speak figuratively just to argue?

Because you're a smartass? Congratulations. I'm glad you find enjoyment in picking arguments on an internet message board simply because you are one. Well played.

"Hide the pickle?" Really? Yeah, I have no need to continue in banter with such obvious childishness.

You won. You're a bigger smartass than me, and I'm far too literal. I'll go cry now.
You are doing the correlating. You are replying in a topic where an NFL player was stabbed at party, and where people were also shot. Shot with real guns and real bullets. Any type of response is going to be affiliated with this story. Some will be off topic, poorly thought out ideas and others will be on topic, accurately or poorly thought out ideas on this subject matter.

Somehow you felt the need to post pics and links to Kevin Durant drinking and hosting party's. You felt the need to make him comparable to Aldon Smith. Saying you weren't comparing the two is a joke. Durant being brought up was not necessary (poorly thought out). You furthering the Durant discussion and attempting to paint him in a negative light was even worse (vastly off topic in an attempt to shift the discussion from the DBag to Durant). This is how it sounds: "Kevin Durant parties too!!! He gets ****** up, spends money and parties like Aldon Smith does!!! Don't believe the fluff pieces that he plays video games with kids!!!!! They're not true!!!!"

This is why I took exception to your posts and made a comment about Durant being a nerd, and advising that the two should not be compared until Durant throws a party where his posse is shooting people. It's why others said the two should not be compared. You compared them. You showed videos and posted pictures. You did that. No one else did.

Then you made another poor attempt of validating Smith by saying a great number of NFL players get stabbed. You listed a bunch of players, mostly who were stabbed by their own wives / girlfriends, in an attempt to paint NFL players as targets when they party. Again, this is a direct correlation done by you. What is the need for Jason Taylor to be brought up in a thread about Aldon Smith getting stabbed at a party he threw where people were also shot? Talking out the other side of your mouth and saying, "Well, I'm not comparing them but these guys got stabbed too." It's ********. None of them need to be mentioned. It is besides the point, completely off topic and an utter waste of time. It makes you sound like a homer.

phlysac
07-05-2012, 06:41 PM
You are doing the correlating. You are replying in a topic where an NFL player was stabbed at party, and where people were also shot. Shot with real guns and real bullets. Any type of response is going to be affiliated with this story. Some will be off topic, poorly thought out ideas and others will be on topic, accurately or poorly thought out ideas on this subject matter.

Somehow you felt the need to post pics and links to Kevin Durant drinking and hosting party's. You felt the need to make him comparable to Aldon Smith. Saying you weren't comparing the two is a joke. Durant being brought up was not necessary (poorly thought out). You furthering the Durant discussion and attempting to paint him in a negative light was even worse (vastly off topic in an attempt to shift the discussion from the DBag to Durant). This is how it sounds: "Kevin Durant parties too!!! He gets ****** up, spends money and parties like Aldon Smith does!!! Don't believe the fluff pieces that he plays video games with kids!!!!! They're not true!!!!"

This is why I took exception to your posts and made a comment about Durant being a nerd, and advising that the two should not be compared until Durant throws a party where his posse is shooting people. It's why others said the two should not be compared. You compared them. You showed videos and posted pictures. You did that. No one else did.

Then you made another poor attempt of validating Smith by saying a great number of NFL players get stabbed. You listed a bunch of players, mostly who were stabbed by their own wives / girlfriends, in an attempt to paint NFL players as targets when they party. Again, this is a direct correlation done by you. What is the need for Jason Taylor to be brought up in a thread about Aldon Smith getting stabbed at a party he threw where people were also shot? Talking out the other side of your mouth and saying, "Well, I'm not comparing them but these guys got stabbed too." It's ********. None of them need to be mentioned. It is besides the point, completely off topic and an utter waste of time. It makes you sound like a homer.

Is there a link that shows that any member of Aldon Smith's "posse" were the one's committing violent acts? If there is, I am interested, and Smith accountability becomes much more significant.

A comment was made that Durant is "basketball 24/7" - FALSE, I proved that.

I said "sadly many NFL players get stabbed" - TRUE, I proved that.

I didn't make correlations. I type precisely what I mean. I make "literal" representations. Any figurative correlations, assumptions of a person's character, categorization of a team's fan-base, etc, was done by others.

If you would like to find any where in this thread that I...

A) Defended Aldon Smith's behavior as being anything other than a poor decision.
B) Bashed Kevin Durant for anything he has ever done.
C) Bashed another team's fanbase.

Ness
07-05-2012, 06:47 PM
He wasn't comparing Durant to Smith. The conversation shifted when someone randomly starting talking about Kevin Durant and the lifestyle he leads, as in he only focuses on basketball all the time. phlysac proved that wasn't the case. Pointing that out isn't making a comparison between the two people.

brat316
07-05-2012, 06:50 PM
What a dummy. Maybe now he'll keep body guards around, when he goes to parties.

Ness
07-05-2012, 06:52 PM
What a dummy. Maybe now he'll keep body guards around, when he goes to parties.

Smith did the right thing in trying to stop a fight at his own house. I'm just glad he didn't get shot. What he need to do in the future is think about hiring some security at his own house if he's going to have a party. Even a doorman or two would make sure a couple of people with guns don't get in.

Vikes99ej
07-05-2012, 07:00 PM
Classic NFLDC, arguments completely off-base from what the thread is about.

Bengals78
07-05-2012, 07:10 PM
For the love of God man.

Why is this constantly happening?

if you mean the 9er fans getting defensive, I think njx handled that well.

if you mean the stabbing, you take people who had rough up bringings, largely guided through school based on their athletic prowess rather than actual academics, give them a ton of money....

there are a ton of athletes who come from nothing and dont get in trouble. a lot of them managed to actually take advantage and get a real education.

BigBanger
07-05-2012, 07:53 PM
Is there a link that shows that any member of Aldon Smith's "posse" were the one's committing violent acts? If there is, I am interested, and Smith accountability becomes much more significant.

A comment was made that Durant is "basketball 24/7" - FALSE, I proved that.

THANK GOD!!! EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM NEEDED TO KNOW THAT KEVIN DURANT DOESN'T PLAY BASKETBALL 24/7. GREAT JOB PROVING THAT GUY WRONG. I BET HE FEELS LIKE A TOTAL LOSER.

YOU GET MY POINT? YOU GOT DEFENSIVE BECAUSE IT WAS IMPLIED THAT DURANT IS A GOOD ROLE MODEL (I.E. A SUPERSTAR PLAYER WHO STAYS OUT OF TROUBLE) AND ALDON SMITH WASN'T. YOU COULD HAVE PROVEN WHY DURANT ISN'T "BASKETBALL 24/7" IN A MYRIAD OF WAYS (WHY YOU WOULD WANT TO DO THAT IS BEYOND ME, BUT YOU WILLING ASSUMED A CHALLENGE THAT WAS NEVER MEANT TO BE TAKEN LITERALLY).

YOU COULD HAVE SHOWN A PICTURE OF DURANT SLEEPING, SHOWERING OR PLAYING VIDEO GAMES WITH LITTLE KIDS. DID YOU? CERTAINLY NOT. YOU SHOWED HIM PARTYING AND GETTING DRUNK IN A NIGHTCLUB ... BECAUSE IT WAS RELATED (KEY WORK THERE) TO THIS TOPIC. THEREFORE, YOU RELATED THE TWO (DURANT AND SMITH) AND COMPARED THE TWO. YOU SHOWED THAT DURANT IS LIKE ALDON SMITH. THAT'S WHAT YOU TRIED TO DO. YOU ARE BIASED, AND IT SHOWS WITH THE HIGH NUMBER OF POSTS YOU MADE IN THIS THREAD. MOST POSTS YOU'VE MADE ARE ARGUMENTATIVE WITH SOMETHING (ANYTHING) OTHER THAN THE TOPIC AT HAND. YOU TOOK EXCEPTION TO A KEVIN DURANT COMMENT AND TWISTED IT INTO SOMETHING THAT IT WASN'T MEANT TO MEAN.

I said "sadly many NFL players get stabbed" - TRUE, I proved that.

THE MAJORITY OF THOSE INCIDENTS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH NFL PLAYERS GETTING STABBED AT A PARTY THEY THREW, AND PEOPLE AT SAID PARTY GETTING SHOT. IF YOU WANTED TO SAY THAT THIS CASE WAS SIMILAR TO CHARLES GRANT'S CASE, THEN THAT WOULD BE PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE. SINCE BOTH GRANT'S CASE AND THIS CASE, SHARE NUMEROUS SIMILARITIES. GRANT'S CASE WAS A LITTLE MORE SEVERE, BUT THAT TENDS TO BE A GOOD POSSIBILITY WHEN PEOpLE ACT LIKE HALF ******** ANIMALS AND START SHOOTING EACH OTHER AFTER A GOOD FIGHT / STABBING.

I didn't make correlations. I type precisely what I mean. I make "literal" representations. Any figurative correlations, assumptions of a person's character, categorization of a team's fan-base, etc, was done by others.

WRONG. YOU MAKE BIASED REMARKS. YOU COULD HAVE SAID NUMEROUS COMMENTS ABOUT ALDON SMITH BEING IN THE WRONG AND SIMPLY LEFT IT AT THAT, BUT PEOPLE STARTED CALLING HIM A DBAG. YOU DIDN'T MUCH LIKE THAT SO YOU ARGUED ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE ... LIKE HOW KEVIN DURANT DOESN'T PLAY BASKETBALL 24 HOURS A DAY, 7 DAYS A WEEK. MOST PEOPLE DON'T NEED TO BE TOLD "FIGURATIVELY SPEAKING" AFTER EVERY COMMENT THAT OBVIOUSLY ISN'T MEANT TO BE TAKEN LITERAL.

If you would like to find any where in this thread that I...

A) Defended Aldon Smith's behavior as being anything other than a poor decision.
B) Bashed Kevin Durant for anything he has ever done.
C) Bashed another team's fanbase.

YOU IMPLIED ALL OF THE ABOVE IN ALL YOUR POSTS. YOU ARE BIASED AND HAVE GOTTEN DEFENSIVE.

He wasn't comparing Durant to Smith. The conversation shifted when someone randomly starting talking about Kevin Durant and the lifestyle he leads, as in he only focuses on basketball all the time. phlysac proved that wasn't the case. Pointing that out isn't making a comparison between the two people.
THANK YOU, PARROT. GO BACK TO POSTING PICTURES OF HOT GIRLS. PLEASE. THAT YOU ARE GOOD AT, AND IT ISN'T NEARLY AS ANNOYING.

AS FOR ALDON SMITH:

S-mnYLPxwtc

phlysac
07-05-2012, 08:02 PM
I actually made several comments not defending him. I guess, in order to not be labeled biased, would be for me to actively bash him. I tend to not do that to any player, 49er or not...

He might be a douche. He might not. I don't know how the video should be the determining factor.
He's smart enough/fortunate enough to stay out of trouble.
Absolutely agree.

My point is that a HUGE number of athletes either throw and/or attend these parties/clubs. They do it quite regularly. They work hard, they play hard. We only ever hear about it when something unfortunate happens.

Bengals78
07-05-2012, 08:18 PM
my favorite part is the taking the basketball 24/7 literally.....

Bulldogs
07-05-2012, 08:20 PM
my favorite part is the taking the basketball 24/7 literally.....

I might as well post a picture of him eating dinner with friends, clearly he's not focusing on basketball.

Bengals78
07-05-2012, 08:22 PM
I might as well post a picture of him eating dinner with friends, clearly he's not focusing on basketball.

I sneeze once during a game. You cant be focused on basketball and sneeze. HACK

phlysac
07-05-2012, 08:30 PM
24/7 was obviously hyperbole. It wasn't taken literally. The context of the comment, however, which appears to be missed by some was this...

In that context, proving that Kevin Durant regularly parties, and is no different than the majority of other high-profile celebrities that party, is relevant.

Bengals78
07-05-2012, 08:39 PM
24/7 was obviously hyperbole. It wasn't taken literally. The context of the comment, however, which appears to be missed by some was this...

In that context, proving that Kevin Durant regularly parties, and is no different than the majority of other high-profile celebrities that party, is relevant.

Wait...where was the proof of regular partying?
2 articles, one from over a year ago, is regular partying?
I mean he looks OUT OF CONTROL in the one.

BigBanger
07-05-2012, 08:52 PM

He is different then Aldon Smith!!!!!!! This topic is not about athletes having a personal life, drinking and partying. That is not relevant. It's not relevant to anything. This topic is about an NFL player getting stabbed at his party and then people getting shot. This is on the heels of Smith getting arrested not too long ago.

One person responded by giving his personal view on professional athletes (which he thinks athletes should avoid partying since they're a target for violent acts). Not a view I would agree with since it's unreasonable to think that every athlete isn't going to drink and party, but an opinion that someone voiced.

Another person responded to that opinion by saying Kevin Durant, FOR THE MOST PART, stays out of the spotlight. GASPS!!!!! Then he backed it up by saying (paraphrasing) that he's focused on basketball. GASPS!!!!!

This needed to be defeated? These remarks needed to be shot down? We needed to see pictures of Kevin Durant drunk? His name on a poster as a host for a party? This needed to be proved wrong? This is somehow related to Aldon Smith getting stabbed, people getting shot?

But, phlysac what happened to 24/7 basketball? Do you mean to tell me all the fluff pieces that come out in the media painting young, successful, and wealthy athletes in a positive light where they could possibly do no wrong aren't the end-all-be-all of someone's personal life? You mean Kevin Durant isn't just going to little kids homes and playing video games with them? He's actually out poppin bottles in the club...in public? WTF....
The Repeater said this after the pictures you posted. That was after he responded to the initial 24/7 basketball comment and said Durant lives in Oklahoma (insinuating there is no trouble / nightlife in Oklahoma). The 24/7 comment was certainly taken the wrong way. By both you and your little follower. None of this is relevant.

Borat
07-05-2012, 09:08 PM
Jesus. Arguing about strawman validity is serious business.

Can we please start training camp early.

phlysac
07-05-2012, 09:25 PM
He is different then Aldon Smith!!!!!!!
Aldon Smith being arrested for DUI is terrible. He should be ashamed. There is ZERO justification. Aside from that what did Smith do besides be a victim of violence? He was stabbed at a party. I pray that Kevin Durant, or any other person for that matter, who parties doesn't get stabbed or worse. But Smith being stabbed doesn't mean, in any sense, that he is at fault. It could be proven he was, but assuming one way or the other would be accepting all pretense.

This topic is not about athletes having a personal life, drinking and partying. That is not relevant. It's not relevant to anything.
The initial post states the headline topic. I should assume that noone is ever allowed to expound upon that by giving their personal opinion on partying, in general? That opinion was stated. It was then responded to. Why is it only ridiculous for "biased" 49ers fans to continue discussing new opinions brought forth by the original headline?

By both you and your little follower. None of this is relevant.
It's obviously relevant enough for you to bash an entire team's fanbase, as well as respond to nearly every opinion I've expressed.

It's reasonably clear that you simply disagree with everything I say, whether relevant, irrelevant, factual or fake. Once that happens, I can only digress.

vidae
07-05-2012, 09:51 PM
My god I wish I could nuke threads like this.

Ness
07-05-2012, 09:52 PM
THANK YOU, PARROT. GO BACK TO POSTING PICTURES OF HOT GIRLS. PLEASE. THAT YOU ARE GOOD AT, AND IT ISN'T NEARLY AS ANNOYING.

Oh boy, you've really won folks over when you resort to the name calling.

Let's not take issue with the poster instead of the post please.

My god I wish I could nuke threads like this.

Can't you just leave the thread?

if you mean the 9er fans getting defensive, I think njx handled that well.

Yeah I feel like I was really put in my place.

vidae
07-05-2012, 10:04 PM
Oh boy, you've really won folks over when you resort to the name calling.

Let's not take issue with the poster instead of the post please.

Depends on the poster, doesn't it Ness?

Can't you just leave the thread?

Can I? Yes. Will I? No.

The 49er fans here always seem to get bothered by something.

Ness
07-05-2012, 10:11 PM

Yes Vidae, it certainly does.

Can I? Yes. Will I? No.

Oh. Wait, why do you want to nuke the thread again?

EDIT: Sorry didn't see the comment you added in your edit. I was merely trying to help you previously if you are referring to my comment in asking you "why can't you just leave" in terms of "49ers fans always seem to get bothered by something".

Bengals78
07-05-2012, 10:37 PM

Can I? Yes. Will I? No.

Its kinda fun to get involved in lol

phlysac
07-05-2012, 10:43 PM

True. For whatever reason, Non-49ers fans seem to make more factually inaccurate and overly-generalized statements regarding the 49ers than other teams.

/factually inaccurate and overly-generalized comment

49ersfan_87
07-05-2012, 11:58 PM
My reaction when i saw this thread had about 20 new posts today

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/no%20no%20no/grand/will-smith-no-no-no-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-134.gif

49ersfan_87
07-06-2012, 12:03 AM
my reaction when i remembered i could force you to read threads agaisnst your will:

I wasn't really reading this thread as much as i was weeping for humanity.

Borat
07-06-2012, 12:31 AM
I love the smell of napalm in the morning.

Ness
07-06-2012, 12:35 AM
I hope Nathan Palmer becomes the next Rod Smith for us.

NotMyJob
07-06-2012, 03:31 AM
wouldn't it be crazy if it turns out that Kevin Durant was the one who stabbed Smith.

K Train
07-06-2012, 08:45 AM
Visionary Villianz

lmao i love aldon smith now, him and gronk should team up and throw a BASH

PACKmanN
07-06-2012, 05:20 PM
At least the packers win things when their athletes get injuries

BigBanger
07-07-2012, 11:45 AM
Aldon Smith being arrested for DUI is terrible. He should be ashamed. There is ZERO justification. Aside from that what did Smith do besides be a victim of violence?
Are you being thick? Aldon a victim? HE threw a party at HIS house. People HE invited FOUGHT, then pulled KNIVES, then STABBED people, which caused other people to draw their GUNS and start SHOOTING people. ALDON was directly in the middle of it. So much so, that HE was stabbed during the fight. HE wants to have villains, or whatever they call themselves, at HIS house. If HE wants to party with over 100 people who flash gang signs, get drunk (I'm sure no one brought any drugs) and fight, then that's violence HE is welcoming in HIS home. That's not a victim. You want to surround yourself with animals, then you should expect animals to act like ... animals.

I don't know who said he was "breaking up a fight", but from what I can tell that probably didn't actually happen. Was this Aldon who said that? Someone on his behalf? A PR person for the 49ers?

As far as I've discovered, the party goers weren't talking to the cops immediately after it happened. They shoot each other, but they have "ethics" ... like not talking to the cops, and not snitching on the people who just tried to kill them. Great group of people to surround yourself with. That's real nice. Sometimes people have things done to them that was provoked or brought on by their own actions / negligence. I'll give you a couple of examples.

Example #1: Gang banger #1 makes a hit on an opposite gang. Opposite gang retaliates and shoots someone from gang banger 1s gang, we'll call him gang banger #2. Even though gang banger #2 didn't try to kill gangster from opposite gang (no direct involvement), he is not a victim for being shot. He's not a murder victim. He wears his colors, tats, walks his turf and should expect such actions and such consequences. He invites it. If he dies, it's of natural causes. Natural for him anyway. If that's the life you want to live, then you should expect the very real possibility that something like that is going to happen. You open the door for someone to shoot you, then someone will.

Example #2: A 15 year old girl gets herself wasted. She texts little 20 year old Johnny hot-and-bothered to come over while mom's at work. Johnny does. He bangs the 15 year old drunk while she's barely conscious. When she sobers up though (and/or when mommy finds out) she wants to take it back. She wants to cry rape. Well, not really much of a rape victim now is she? No, just a stupid, naive, dumb ***** who had it coming. If you wanna be a little ***** and invite horned up boys over to your house, drunk or no ******* drunk, then you should expect the very real possibility that something like that is going to happen. You open the door for someone to "rape" you, then someone will.

Example #3: Young girl is walking home from work at 3:00 am. Two males, much larger and not cowardly at all, attack her from behind, beat her, punch her, kick her and simply break her face. Once beaten take her money, cell phone and anything else available on her person. They leave her laying on pavement with her broken face. Completely random, complete strangers. Now is that a victim? Did she invite this attack? By walking the streets at 3 am? I don't think so. Now I would call that a victim.

I don't think Aldon really fits in with the girl from example #3.

He was stabbed at a party. I pray that Kevin Durant, or any other person for that matter, who parties doesn't get stabbed or worse. But Smith being stabbed doesn't mean, in any sense, that he is at fault. It could be proven he was, but assuming one way or the other would be accepting all pretense.
I think you can drop Kevin Durant. Gotta keep bringing him don't ya? Most people who party don't get stabbed. If you party with people who feel the need to carry knives + guns to the parties that they go to, then, yeah, you can worry about getting stabbed and/or shot.

Aldon is at fault. Not taking any responsibility for this will only make things worse. It will be like his DUI. He wont learn anything from it and something will happen again. He can grow up now. He can learn how to handle stardom. He can learn how to keep himself from getting jammed up. I don't care about the DUI at all. It happens. Whatever. But learn from it. Figure it out.

The initial post states the headline topic. I should assume that noone is ever allowed to expound upon that by giving their personal opinion on partying, in general? That opinion was stated. It was then responded to. Why is it only ridiculous for "biased" 49ers fans to continue discussing new opinions brought forth by the original headline?
You can certainly expound upon anything. You can go as far off topic as you'd like. But when you start comparing Kevin Durant to Aldon Smith, then people might say something about how you shouldn't bother going there. Don't be surprised when that happens, or act like those weren't your intentions.

It's obviously relevant enough for you to bash an entire team's fanbase, as well as respond to nearly every opinion I've expressed.
I like the 49ers. You being biased has nothing to do with their fanbase. Unless ... you are the fanbase? Are you claiming to be the fanbase?

nikkayeah
07-08-2012, 03:35 AM
Are you being thick? Aldon a victim? HE threw a party at HIS house. People HE invited FOUGHT, then pulled KNIVES, then STABBED people, which caused other people to draw their GUNS and start SHOOTING people. ALDON was directly in the middle of it. So much so, that HE was stabbed during the fight. HE wants to have villains, or whatever they call themselves, at HIS house. If HE wants to party with over 100 people who flash gang signs, get drunk (I'm sure no one brought any drugs) and fight, then that's violence HE is welcoming in HIS home. That's not a victim. You want to surround yourself with animals, then you should expect animals to act like ... animals.

I don't know who said he was "breaking up a fight", but from what I can tell that probably didn't actually happen. Was this Aldon who said that? Someone on his behalf? A PR person for the 49ers?

As far as I've discovered, the party goers weren't talking to the cops immediately after it happened. They shoot each other, but they have "ethics" ... like not talking to the cops, and not snitching on the people who just tried to kill them. Great group of people to surround yourself with. That's real nice. Sometimes people have things done to them that was provoked or brought on by their own actions / negligence. I'll give you a couple of examples.

Example #1: Gang banger #1 makes a hit on an opposite gang. Opposite gang retaliates and shoots someone from gang banger 1s gang, we'll call him gang banger #2. Even though gang banger #2 didn't try to kill gangster from opposite gang (no direct involvement), he is not a victim for being shot. He's not a murder victim. He wears his colors, tats, walks his turf and should expect such actions and such consequences. He invites it. If he dies, it's of natural causes. Natural for him anyway. If that's the life you want to live, then you should expect the very real possibility that something like that is going to happen. You open the door for someone to shoot you, then someone will.

Example #2: A 15 year old girl gets herself wasted. She texts little 20 year old Johnny hot-and-bothered to come over while mom's at work. Johnny does. He bangs the 15 year old drunk while she's barely conscious. When she sobers up though (and/or when mommy finds out) she wants to take it back. She wants to cry rape. Well, not really much of a rape victim now is she? No, just a stupid, naive, dumb ***** who had it coming. If you wanna be a little ***** and invite horned up boys over to your house, drunk or no ******* drunk, then you should expect the very real possibility that something like that is going to happen. You open the door for someone to "rape" you, then someone will.

Example #3: Young girl is walking home from work at 3:00 am. Two males, much larger and not cowardly at all, attack her from behind, beat her, punch her, kick her and simply break her face. Once beaten take her money, cell phone and anything else available on her person. They leave her laying on pavement with her broken face. Completely random, complete strangers. Now is that a victim? Did she invite this attack? By walking the streets at 3 am? I don't think so. Now I would call that a victim.

I don't think Aldon really fits in with the girl from example #3.

I think you can drop Kevin Durant. Gotta keep bringing him don't ya? Most people who party don't get stabbed. If you party with people who feel the need to carry knives + guns to the parties that they go to, then, yeah, you can worry about getting stabbed and/or shot.

Aldon is at fault. Not taking any responsibility for this will only make things worse. It will be like his DUI. He wont learn anything from it and something will happen again. He can grow up now. He can learn how to handle stardom. He can learn how to keep getting himself jammed up. I don't care about the DUI at all. It happens. Whatever. But learn from it. Figure it out.

You can certainly expound upon anything. You can go as far off topic as you'd like. But when you start comparing Kevin Durant to Aldon Smith, then people might say something about how shouldn't bother going there. Don't be surprised when that happens or act like those weren't your intentions.

I like the 49ers. You being biased has nothing to do with their fanbase. Unless ... you're the fanbase? Are you claiming to be the fanbase?
wall of text garbage

G Mobile
07-08-2012, 04:47 AM
Pretty sure that #2 there is clearly rape...

bigbluedefense
07-08-2012, 11:47 AM
Now that I saw the whole video clip, that party was actually kind of weak.

Once the models who were there for the photoshoot left, all that was left was a bunch of college chicks who were 5s and 6s at best. Come on Aldon, you can do better than that.

Your visionary villionz need to get some prescription contacts and recruit better looking bitches to your mansion parties.

Brent
07-08-2012, 12:26 PM
http://jemblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/smh.gif

I can make gross generalizations about Chiefs fans, if you wish.

SuperMcGee
07-08-2012, 12:30 PM
You know, I was just thinking the NFL forum needed more 49ers-Chiefs bickering.

Brodeur
07-08-2012, 01:15 PM

Yeahhhhh....

Ness
07-08-2012, 02:29 PM
Now that I saw the whole video clip, that party was actually kind of weak.

Once the models who were there for the photoshoot left, all that was left was a bunch of college chicks who were 5s and 6s at best. Come on Aldon, you can do better than that.

Your visionary villionz need to get some prescription contacts and recruit better looking bitches to your mansion parties.

I don't think Aldon cared. He was getting paid.

YAYareaRB
07-08-2012, 04:05 PM
http://jemblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/smh.gif

I can make gross generalizations about Chiefs fans, if you wish.

do it brent. i was offended

BigBanger
07-09-2012, 08:34 AM

No **** sherlock. All three were examples of crimes where the actor was guilty of something (a murder, a sex offense and a robbery were the examples I used).

In example #2, yes, in some states, that would probably constitute a rape. In others, a lesser offense, but a sex offense nonetheless. 20 year old Johnny-hot-and-bothered took advantage of an underage girl. Yes, he was wrong in that scenario. Very wrong, and he's a complete scumbag. But, to my point, the 15 year old girl was wrong too. And she put herself in that position. So, not much of a rape victim when you lead a guy on, get yourself drunk and invite him over with intentions of having sex. If she was 17 in my scenario, this situation is different. Instead of it being a crime, it would simply be morally wrong. The only thing making this a crime is her age.

But I wasn't talking about the offense. I was talking about the "victims" of those crimes. There are legitimate victims and then there's people like Aldon Smith, who put themselves in the positions they find themselves. Technically, in the absolute most technical sense of the word, yes, Aldon Smith could be a victim of an attempted assault. But should we act like Aldon Smith is Mr. Innocent victim who was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time, victimized by a ruthless criminal who wanted to seriously injure him?

That was my point. Context ... I was referring to a post that said, "what did Smith do besides be a victim of violence?" Clearly he's not just a victim of violence. He brought this stabbing upon himself. By having the type of people at his house that he did. And then getting into the middle of a fight with those types of people.

I wouldn't say he's a victim until I find out what happened. And that might not happen.

MetSox17
07-09-2012, 12:14 PM
No, pretty sure in every state that's full blown rape. It doesn't matter if she was stupid to drink and be horny, but there comes a point where she can no longer consent to engaging in sexual encounters, much less to a 20 year old as a 15 year old. That's also statutory rape.

Bengals78
07-09-2012, 12:18 PM
No, pretty sure in every state that's full blown rape. It doesn't matter if she was stupid to drink and be horny, but there comes a point where she can no longer consent to engaging in sexual encounters, much less to a 20 year old as a 15 year old. That's also statutory rape.

Go on.........

WCH
07-09-2012, 12:45 PM

And if somebody is dumb enough to record it on their phone and take it to a buddies house, it's considered "The Use of Children in the Production and Distribution of Sexually Explicit Material," no matter how old you are. I knew an idiot scumbag who wound up with 5-20 for doing that (and that was a pretty sweet plea compared to the 45+ years that he was initially looking at).

NotMyJob
07-09-2012, 03:32 PM
lol this thread is awesome.

i don't want to torpedo this rape train, but i'm pretty sure he Banger wasn't intending it to turn into a discussion about the legality of his examples. he was just saying that, even though it is legally a rape, it isn't like 15-year old chick didn't put herself in that situation.

although that 20-year old is still a no-game-having-scumbag no matter where he is for even resorting to that.

but carry on with this!

phlysac
07-10-2012, 12:25 AM
lol this thread is awesome.

i don't want to torpedo this rape train, but i'm pretty sure he Banger wasn't intending it to turn into a discussion about the legality of his examples. he was just saying that, even though it is legally a rape, it isn't like 15-year old chick didn't put herself in that situation.

although that 20-year old is still a no-game-having-scumbag no matter where he is for even resorting to that.

but carry on with this!

And she did put herself at risk... but she was still a victim.

NotMyJob
07-10-2012, 01:04 AM
*sigh*

mlv7Bp-L2MM

i never did say that she (the girl that Banger made up to illustrate his point) wasn't a victim. i was just trying to clarify the point he was trying to make. i'm not even sure if my assumption was right, but whether or not the hoe was a victim or not is so ridiculously not related to Aldon Smith it shouldn't matter whether i said it was her fault or not.

edit// OH, so Aldon Smith put himself in the situation but was also the victim of a stabbing. i get it, but i can't remember if anyone was arguing that he wasn't a victim of a stabbing, just that they didn't sympathize with him because of his poor decision-making.

for the record, i don't care either way. it sucks that the guy got stabbed, but i've been to parties where the same thing has happened. when you throw a house party and a large number of people show up you just have to roll with the punches. it gets to a point where you lose control of the whole thing and you just have to try to have a good time.

and sometimes people get shot/stabbed.

phlysac
07-10-2012, 10:49 AM
OH, so Aldon Smith put himself in the situation but was also the victim of a stabbing. i get it, but i can't remember if anyone was arguing that he wasn't a victim of a stabbing,

Precisely my point. I believe Smith made many poor choices that lead to this result. But I believe he is still a victim of violent crime.

Aldon a victim?
That's not a victim.
Aldon is at fault.

I counsel violent teenagers as my profession. I'm very aware of the many dynamics of violence and victimology. Victims awareness curriculum focuses on behaviors that increase the likelihood of victimization. Aldon Smith clearly exhibited behaviors that increase the likelihood of violent results. That was never my point.

BigBanger
07-12-2012, 08:52 PM
Well, no. Not every state. In New York State (It's the law I know best), this hypothetical scenario would be classified as "sexual misconduct". Not a rape. According to New York State it is just as bad as to have sex with an animal or dead human body (also sexual misconduct) than the scenario I illustrated. But that's a whole different story.

I will illustrate and crack open the law book.

S 130.20 Sexual misconduct.
A person is guilty of sexual misconduct when:
1. He or she engages in sexual intercourse with another person without
such person`s consent; or
2. He or she engages in oral sexual conduct or anal sexual conduct
with another person without such person's consent; or
3. He or she engages in sexual conduct with an animal or a dead human
body.
Sexual misconduct is a class A misdemeanor.

She is under 17 years old, so she cannot give consent. See highlighted section. This scenario applies (Actor 20 years old, victim 15 years old).

New York State has (3) degrees of rape (rape 1st, rape 2nd and rape 3rd).

In order for it to have been Rape in the 3rd degree, by New York State law, the little shitbag would have needed to be over 21 years of age. For Rape 2nd, the girl would have needed to be under 15 years old and the scumbag over the age of 18.

S 130.25 Rape in the third degree.
A person is guilty of rape in the third degree when:
1. He or she engages in sexual intercourse with another person who is
incapable of consent by reason of some factor other than being less than
seventeen years old;
2. Being twenty-one years old or more, he or she engages in sexual
intercourse with another person less than seventeen years old; or
3. He or she engages in sexual intercourse with another person without
such person`s consent where such lack of consent is by reason of some
factor other than incapacity to consent.
Rape in the third degree is a class E felony.

Our perp is 20 years old. Not quite old enough for rape 3rd.

S 130.30 Rape in the second degree.
A person is guilty of rape in the second degree when:
1. being eighteen years old or more, he or she engages in sexual
intercourse with another person less than fifteen years old; or
2. he or she engages in sexual intercourse with another person who is
incapable of consent by reason of being mentally disabled or mentally
incapacitated.
It shall be an affirmative defense to the crime of rape in the second
degree as defined in subdivision one of this section that the defendant
was less than four years older than the victim at the time of the act.
Rape in the second degree is a class D felony.

Our "victim" is 15 years old. Not quite young enough.

Minga... was all that besides the point. That post was just a couple of examples of how people put themselves in bad / terrible / life-threatening situtations on their accord. And how they aren't "just victims." Sometimes victims are to blame just as much as the wrongdoers. That was the only point I was trying to make. That Aldon Smith deserves blame for what happened. Is he the only one in the wrong? Certainly not. There were people at his party who did things even worse than what he did (much worse), but it shouldn't excuse him from shouldering any of the blame.

I counsel violent teenagers as my profession. I'm very aware of the many dynamics of violence and victimology. Victims awareness curriculum focuses on behaviors that increase the likelihood of victimization. Aldon Smith clearly exhibited behaviors that increase the likelihood of violent results. That was never my point.
I was responding your post that said something along the lines of, "What did Aldon Smith do besides be a victim?" I simply pointed out that he did a lot more than just be a victim at a pool party. I gave examples (which I wish I never did, because it shows just how much people can't / don't read). I gave a couple examples of how people do more than just be a victim (putting themselves directly in harms way, which Aldon did) and a third example of a legitimate victim. Some people are victims and some people have it (whatever that may be) coming.

Borat
07-12-2012, 10:13 PM
Wow. LMFAO.

vidae
07-12-2012, 10:41 PM
What the **** is this thread even about anymore?

WCH
07-12-2012, 11:02 PM
Sexual misconduct laws and what it means to be a victim. Come on vidae, keep up.

Bengals78
07-12-2012, 11:15 PM
What the **** is this thread even about anymore?

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Everyone%20Else/images-3/you-gonna-get-raped.jpg

Bengals78
07-12-2012, 11:16 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-8M3UiJhqVEc/Tcr4CwT67SI/AAAAAAAAACo/VgVJ12p3XZ0/s1600/24.jpg

A Perfect Score
07-13-2012, 09:06 AM
This thread got dark