PDA

View Full Version : overrated and underrated nfl teams heading into the 2012 season.

Knicks and Bucs
07-09-2012, 04:13 PM
Teams that are overrated or underrated.

Overrated:
Eagles
Panthers
Texans

Underrated:
Raiders
Buccaneers
Titans

Your Turn!

jrdrylie
07-09-2012, 04:16 PM
Overrated:

Eagles
49ers
Bengals
Saints

Underrated:

Titans
Raiders
Ravens
Bills

Bengals78
07-09-2012, 04:38 PM
We go from the dead lock to win the Andrew Luck Sweeps to overrated in one year!!!! YAY!

Razor
07-09-2012, 04:42 PM
We go from the dead lock to win the Andrew Luck Sweeps to overrated in one year!!!! YAY!

To be fair, when was the last time that Cincy sustained success?

Bengals78
07-09-2012, 06:15 PM

Dude Im happy just to be overrated at this point.
You have to accept small victories.
Plus, I like not being the favorite. We do better those years.

Ness
07-09-2012, 06:32 PM

LOL remember when Corey Dillon said he would rather flip burgers than be a Bengal?

BeerBaron
07-10-2012, 07:16 AM
Yeahh...I don't think the Bengals quite qualify as overrated. 9-7 last year, 0-7 vs. teams with winning records, 0-8 if you count the playoff game.

Plus:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/05/bengals-trying-to-bury-some-historic-streaks-in-2012/

If they make the playoffs again, it will be the first time they’ve gone back-to-back in 30 years (and the first ever in full seasons, which would discount the strike-shortened 1982 season).

Speaking of the Texans, their win over the Bengals last year meant every team in the league has won a playoff game since Cincinnati last did on Jan. 6, 1991 over the Houston Oilers.

The Bengals playoff win drought is the longest in the league, edging out the Lions for that honor.

I think they're properly rated as a likely middle of the pack team who could sneak into the playoffs again.

jrdrylie
07-10-2012, 07:29 AM
The reason I think the Bengals see overrated is because there are a lot of people putting them down as locks for the playoffs. Some people are even calling them Super Bowl contenders. I think they'll take a step back to seven wins this year. That's three wins short of what most expect. Thus, they are overrated in my eyes.

BeerBaron
07-10-2012, 07:33 AM
The reason I think the Bengals see overrated is because there are a lot of people putting them down as locks for the playoffs. Some people are even calling them Super Bowl contenders. I think they'll take a step back to seven wins this year. That's three wins short of what most expect. Thus, they are overrated in my eyes.

Is this from a 13 year old Bengals homer or something? I'm not even sure ESPN would stoop that low.

Bengals78
07-10-2012, 11:19 AM
Is this from a 13 year old Bengals homer or something? I'm not even sure ESPN would stoop that low.

It was probably some goober on ESPN who said it once (hoping to pick the random middle of the pack team to be a shocker) and now he is running with it.

49erNation85
07-10-2012, 12:11 PM
dam haters on the 49ers .

Overrated-
Packers
Lions
Patriots
Broncos

Underrated -
49ers
Jets
Titans

PoopSandwich
07-10-2012, 12:20 PM
I don't know if the Bengals are really overrated, I think people expect them to be a 6 or 7 win team hinging on Andy Dalton... If he really makes strides going into next year they could easily be a 9 or 10 win team, also will be harder for them in the AFC North because the Browns shouldn't be a complete pushover this year.

Razor
07-10-2012, 12:22 PM

Overrated-
Packers
Lions
Patriots
Broncos

Underrated -
49ers
Jets
Titans

Damn homer for the 49ers. How is the Patriots overrated? They went to the SB last season and have improved significantly (at least on paper) on both offense and defense. This makes no sense what so ever.

The reason why many people (my self included) believe that the 49ers are overrated is that they didn't have a strong schedule last year and their defense was so good that it falls into the "perfect storm" category along with the '07 Patriots offense, the '04 Colts offense, the '85-'86 Bears defense and others. And with Smith under center there will be a lot of skepticism towards the 49ers since he hasn't been able to perform at a constant, high level yet. Now, I know that you and other 49er fans will come at me guns blazing and all shouting that Smith never had any good receiver etc etc before you go on to call Crabtree a top 10 receiver, but a good QB isn't supposed to rely on receivers making him look good. He's supposed to make other players around him better, and I seriously doubt that he or Kapernick is able to do that. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the 9ers are demoted to second, third or even fourth in their division. Last year they were lucky with injuries, and they aren't a deep team - especially on offense. However, if they go out and prove that last year wasn't a fluke perception will change. But I've seen waaay to many one-year wonder teams to get excited about the 49ers.

49erNation85
07-10-2012, 12:38 PM
The Pats make the play offs mostly every year and fail beasically in a one game or more and can't make it the super bowl . Almost like the Yankees of NFL . So much and talent and can never make it the show. Well at least in the last 4 years or so .

Rosebud
07-10-2012, 12:40 PM
The Pats make the play offs mostly every year and fail beasically in a one game or more and can't make it the super bowl . Almost like the Yankees of NFL . So much and talent and can never make it the show. Well at least in the last 4 years or so .

I'm so confused by this post.

Razor
07-10-2012, 12:41 PM
I'm so confused by this post.

Me too... However, it does fall well in line with the rest of his nonsensical posts.

tjsunstein
07-10-2012, 01:48 PM

Overrated-
Packers
Lions
Patriots
Broncos

Underrated -
49ers
Jets
Titans
Green Bay is overrated but SF is underrated? What the ****? How is GB overrated?

Ness
07-10-2012, 01:51 PM
Damn homer for the 49ers. How is the Patriots overrated? They went to the SB last season and have improved significantly (at least on paper) on both offense and defense. This makes no sense what so ever.

The reason why many people (my self included) believe that the 49ers are overrated is that they didn't have a strong schedule last year and their defense was so good that it falls into the "perfect storm" category along with the '07 Patriots offense, the '04 Colts offense, the '85-'86 Bears defense and others. And with Smith under center there will be a lot of skepticism towards the 49ers since he hasn't been able to perform at a constant, high level yet. Now, I know that you and other 49er fans will come at me guns blazing and all shouting that Smith never had any good receiver etc etc before you go on to call Crabtree a top 10 receiver, but a good QB isn't supposed to rely on receivers making him look good. He's supposed to make other players around him better, and I seriously doubt that he or Kapernick is able to do that. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the 9ers are demoted to second, third or even fourth in their division. Last year they were lucky with injuries, and they aren't a deep team - especially on offense. However, if they go out and prove that last year wasn't a fluke perception will change. But I've seen waaay to many one-year wonder teams to get excited about the 49ers.

The 49ers are going to go from top dog to possibly fourth in the division? Yeah I don't see that happening. It didn't even happen when we had Singletary and hasn't happened since 2005, when we were terrible. Our defense will be good for quite some time (like the Buccaneers of the late 90's and early 2000's) I believe, especially when every single starter from last season is returning on defense, the entire coaching staff is back, and there is finally a full off season to further develop the same offense with the majority of the same players in that department plus two new notable additions at receiver. A bunch of continuity going on there. I'll agree to a point that our schedule wasn't that strong last season, but the 49ers did defeat 5 playoff teams that year and the closest loss to any opponent was by 10 points on the road. The only team in my personal opinion that has a chance to take the crown is Seattle, and that is if Matt Flynn becomes the savior a lot of people think he will.

YAYareaRB
07-10-2012, 01:57 PM
lucky with injuries

http://amarudontv.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/ed-lover-cmonson.jpg

Razor
07-10-2012, 01:59 PM
The 49ers are going to go from top dog to possibly fourth in the division? Yeah I don't see that happening. It didn't even happen when we had Singletary and hasn't happened since 2005, when we were terrible. Our defense will be good for quite some time (like the Buccaneers of the late 90's and early 2000's) I believe, especially when every single starter from last season is returning on defense, the entire coaching staff is back, and there is finally a full off season to further develop the same offense. A bunch of continuity going on there. I'll agree to a point that our schedule wasn't that strong last season, but the 49ers did defeat 5 playoff teams that year and the closest loss to any opponent was by 10 points on the road. The only team in my personal opinion that has a chance to take the crown is Seattle, and that is if Matt Flynn becomes the savior a lot of people think he will.

Seattle is absolutely loaded on defense, their OL has enormous potential and their running game is going to be very effective. The biggest detractor in Seattle is Pete Carroll, who is an absolutely horrible HC.

Zona has a lot of talent, and their defense is very underrated. Their season depends entirely on their OL and their QB(s). If they get going they can be good. The biggest question mark in that division is the Rams. They've been consistently terrible for the last five years or so and have accumulated a lot of talent via the draft. With Fisher running the show I think they can become a pretty good team. Not a powerhouse yet, but there's potential. So the 49ers have their work cut out for them if they want to stay on top in the NFCW. What you're saying is that all the starters on defense is back basically means that you haven't improved on defense either. And if there's one thing we know as fans is that you need to evolve to stay on top. It's basic Darwinism: Evolve or die. I don't see much evolution with the 49ers. Sure, you've added some receivers with questionable prospects for this season which theoretically should help Smith improve his game. But is that something you want to rely on? I'm not saying that the 49ers are a bad team, quite the contrary actually. I'm just saying that your position as top dog in the NFCW is far from a given at this point.

Ness
07-10-2012, 02:01 PM
I think Matt Maiocco or Matt Barrows had an article a couple of months ago denoting how well the 49ers actually are with injuries. Personally I can't remember a season where a bunch of starters and or notable players were just injured. One thing the 49ers have been good at, even in the bad years, is the health and conditioning department.

YAYareaRB
07-10-2012, 02:09 PM
so you're willing to rank the NFC West champion (who's core is relatively the same) lower than unproven teams that have talent on paper? and in the same post say nothing is a given in football?

i'm sorry but i'm gonna need to see more than a few games outta matt flynn to label him the savior of seattle. hes being considered an upgrade after a few sample games but alex smith, who led his team to the NFC championship still has something to prove. im not saying he has nothing to prove but i think flynn should be judged by the same criteria.

i just think its highly hypocritical to judge our off-season additions as non-improvements while every other team in the division has seemed to "improved" on paper and anything they may be lacking is chalked down as "potential" or a group that has "something to prove".

Ghost of Juice
07-10-2012, 02:12 PM
Overrated:
Lions
Bengals
Broncos

Underrated:
Titans
Raiders
Cardinals

Mufasa
07-10-2012, 02:12 PM

Overrated-
Packers
Lions
Patriots
Broncos

Underrated -
49ers

What I got out of this post: "I'm a homer who's crying because everyone thinks the 49ers aren't as good as I do. Now I'm gonna call their favorite teams overrated. That'll show them."

Ness
07-10-2012, 02:13 PM
Seattle is absolutely loaded on defense, their OL has enormous potential and their running game is going to be very effective. The biggest detractor in Seattle is Pete Carroll, who is an absolutely horrible HC.

Zona has a lot of talent, and their defense is very underrated. Their season depends entirely on their OL and their QB(s). If they get going they can be good. The biggest question mark in that division is the Rams. They've been consistently terrible for the last five years or so and have accumulated a lot of talent via the draft. With Fisher running the show I think they can become a pretty good team. Not a powerhouse yet, but there's potential. So the 49ers have their work cut out for them if they want to stay on top in the NFCW. What you're saying is that all the starters on defense is back basically means that you haven't improved on defense either. And if there's one thing we know as fans is that you need to evolve to stay on top. It's basic Darwinism: Evolve or die. I don't see much evolution with the 49ers. Sure, you've added some receivers with questionable prospects for this season which theoretically should help Smith improve his game. But is that something you want to rely on? I'm not saying that the 49ers are a bad team, quite the contrary actually. I'm just saying that your position as top dog in the NFCW is far from a given at this point.
Okay buddy, you are kind of putting words into my mouth now, which is quite obnoxious. No, "what you're saying is that all the starters on defense is back basically means that you haven't improved on defense either." isn't what I was saying at all. I was implying that continuity on defense is a good thing and a luxury to have in this day and age of the NFL. That doesn't mean you can't improve on defense either with that said luxury. The 49ers loaded up on defense with a few players in the draft and already have a few guys on their roster with potential like Larry Grant (who filled in nicely when Willis was hurt) and my personal favorite Demarcus Dobbs at DE. And now they have an entire offseason to get better on D, unlike last season because of the lockout.

And you are kind of playing the glass half full approach while listing all of the potentially positive traits of the other teams in the division, but forgetting the issues that prevented them from getting to the playoffs last year in the first place. And the 49ers won five of six division games the previous year too. Obviously this is a new season, but building a new team takes time and for just as much "potential" that Seattle, St.Louis, and Arizona has on paper there are still huge questions that linger and/or issues that were apparent from 2011. Sure they've "improved", but so have the 49ers. No, I'm not saying the 49ers have a free ride to the playoffs. What my initial point was that going from 1st last year in the NFC West to suddenly being 4th in the division, and it not being a surprise is kind or ridiculous to me. That would be like me saying I wouldn't be shocked if the Patriots fell to last place in their division because of listing all of the "potential" things that could go right for the Jets, Dolphins, and Bills while focusing on all of the "potential" things that could go wrong for the Patriots.

Razor
07-10-2012, 02:15 PM
so you're willing to rank the NFC West champion (who's core is relatively the same) lower than unproven teams that have talent on paper? and in the same post say nothing is a given in football?

i'm sorry but i'm gonna need to see more than a few games outta matt flynn to label him the savior of seattle. hes being considered an upgrade after a few sample games but alex smith, who led his team to the NFC championship still has something to prove.

i just think its highly hypocritical to judge our off-season additions as non-improvements while every other team in the division has seemed to "improved" on paper and anything they may be lacking is chalked down as "potential" or a group that has "something to prove".

I'll ask you the same question that I asked a Bengals fan earlier: When was the last time that the 49ers sustained success? Prove that you can and then I'll respect you. Very few teams are able to sustain success because it's not as easy as keeping the same players around and drafting well. Maybe Harbaugh is able to sustain success, but I've seen nothing that suggests that the 49ers are a slam dunk for the division title. Favorite? Sure. But not by as much as 49er fans seem to think. At least not in my opinion.

Ness
07-10-2012, 02:20 PM
I'll ask you the same question that I asked a Bengals fan earlier: When was the last time that the 49ers sustained success? Prove that you can and then I'll respect you. Very few teams are able to sustain success because it's not as easy as keeping the same players around and drafting well. Maybe Harbaugh is able to sustain success, but I've seen nothing that suggests that the 49ers are a slam dunk for the division title. Favorite? Sure. But not by as much as 49er fans seem to think. At least not in my opinion.

What 49ers fans around here have said that they are slam dunk for the division title?

YAYareaRB
07-10-2012, 02:25 PM
What I got out of this post: "I'm a homer who's crying because everyone thinks the 49ers aren't as good as I do. Now I'm gonna call their favorite teams overrated. That'll show them."

yeah please just disregard this lol

YAYareaRB
07-10-2012, 02:30 PM

allow me to ask you a question: when was the last time anyone in our division were able to sustain success? better yet, since when does sustaining success in past organizations have any merit when judging the present organizations?

Razor
07-10-2012, 02:31 PM
What 49ers fans around here have said that they are slam dunk for the division title?

Heck, all of you. Every time someone mentions the possibility of the 49ers taking a step back this year you all go ballistic. You should really manage your expectations so you won't look like a bunch of foolish homers when Zona steals the division. But I guess it's already a little too late for that...

Ness
07-10-2012, 02:35 PM
Heck, all of you. Every time someone mentions the possibility of the 49ers taking a step back this year you all go ballistic. You should really manage your expectations so you won't look like a bunch of foolish homers when Zona steals the division. But I guess it's already a little too late for that...

Still waiting where it was said that the 49ers are a slam dunk to win the division. If all of us have said it, then it shouldn't be a problem to find a single quote.

XxXdragonXxX
07-10-2012, 02:38 PM

Sorry but I fail to see how Carroll is a horroble coach. Remember, most of the seahawks loaded defense were no names, late round picks and reclamation projects. Pete Carroll completely rebuilt the whole team with nobodies and got way more than anyone expected out of them.

YAYareaRB
07-10-2012, 02:38 PM
ness we're not allowed to defend our team. not even allowed to share our points without being labeled a homer?

what are we supposed to say? "yeah, you're right, our team has taken a step back" when we dont share the same opinion?

rebuttal=going ballistic. we all just need a shut up

Razor
07-10-2012, 02:46 PM
Still waiting where it was said that the 49ers are a slam dunk to win the division. If all of us have said it, then it shouldn't be a problem to find a single quote.
Really? You know that it was a hyperbole. Your opinion lies in your actions in here. Let me ask you this: Which 9er fan has seriously thought about another team than the 49ers winning the NFCW. The Patriots are the most dominant team over the last 10+ years, and even I (and other Patriots fans) consider the possibility of us losing the division to the Jets or the Bills (at least this year). I've yet to see anything like that from a SF fan. It drives me nuts that you can't handle that your team is successful.
Sorry but I fail to see how Carroll is a horroble coach. Remember, most of the seahawks loaded defense were no names, late round picks and reclamation projects. Pete Carroll completely rebuilt the whole team with nobodies and got way more than anyone expected out of them.
I'm a Patriots fan. After the epic clusterfuck he managed to create in NE nothing he ever does will make me change my mind about Carroll. I have no arguments beside that one lol.

YAYareaRB
07-10-2012, 02:54 PM
the only thing im opposing is the notion that we would end up "3rd or even 4th place" in the division? i know the seahawks are good and yes, they can beat us but they also have some key pieces to the puzzle that remain unproven.

you wouldn't get the least bit uneasy if i were to say that the patriots made no improvements to there AFC championship team so they very well may finish below the dolphins and bills?

gpngc
07-10-2012, 02:59 PM
Overrated:

Buccaneers
Chiefs
Bengals
Texans

Underrated:

Colts
Browns
Chargers
Falcons
Raiders
Dolphins

Razor
07-10-2012, 03:05 PM
you wouldn't get the least bit uneasy if i were to say that the patriots made no improvements to there AFC championship team so they very well may finish below the dolphins and bills?

I wouldn't go ballistic over it. In this year's case it wouldn't be true, however. The Patriots have upgraded their glaring weaknesses from last year. They added Lloyd at WR and heavily upgraded the defense. The defense was too slow last year and that has changed. They only place were they might regress a bit is at LT where Solder is replacing Light, but he showed some very good signs last year.

I use every opportunity that I find to provoke 49er fans. It's like GB fans a year ago. Once they were relevant again they were the best team ever with the best players at every position. Maybe Patriots fans were the same in 2002, idk. I didn't follow message boards and such back then. But what I do know is that it is extremely difficult to sustain success in the NFL. I don't take it as a given unless there are some proven elements in place (HC, coordinators etc). The 49ers has no proven elements in place. Maybe Harbaugh is the answer, but the reality is that none of us have a clue yet.

Ness
07-10-2012, 03:16 PM
Really? You know that it was a hyperbole. Your opinion lies in your actions in here. Let me ask you this: Which 9er fan has seriously thought about another team than the 49ers winning the NFCW. The Patriots are the most dominant team over the last 10+ years, and even I (and other Patriots fans) consider the possibility of us losing the division to the Jets or the Bills (at least this year). I've yet to see anything like that from a SF fan. It drives me nuts that you can't handle that your team is successful.

Well can you find me something that leads credence to your statement? Anything? I can't remember a single 49ers fan implying that they will be walking away with the division crown and it will be a cakewalk. When folks have said they may take a step back, and a debate ensues involving a 49ers fan, that is a completely different premise. Hell, I've stated a few times that they will take a step back. I think they'll make the playoffs, but I'm already expecting a 10 win season.

As for your question, even if another 49ers fan hasn't thought about another team in the NFC West winning the division, doesn't mean they believe the road back to the postseason will be easy i.e. a "slam dunk". 49ers fans shouldn't be labeled as foolish because they are being optimistic about a realistic scenario...which would be winning the division again for a second straight season.

Wait, it drives you nuts that 49ers fans can't handle that their team is successful? Okay...

YAYareaRB
07-10-2012, 03:19 PM
I wouldn't go ballistic over it. In this year's case it wouldn't be true, however. The Patriots have upgraded their glaring weaknesses from last year. They added Lloyd at WR and heavily upgraded the defense. The defense was too slow last year and that has changed. They only place were they might regress a bit is at LT where Solder is replacing Light, but he showed some very good signs last year.

I use every opportunity that I find to provoke 49er fans. It's like GB fans a year ago. Once they were relevant again they were the best team ever with the best players at every position. Maybe Patriots fans were the same in 2002, idk. I didn't follow message boards and such back then. But what I do know is that it is extremely difficult to sustain success in the NFL. I don't take it as a given unless there are some proven elements in place (HC, coordinators etc). The 49ers has no proven elements in place. Maybe Harbaugh is the answer, but the reality is that none of us have a clue yet.

one 49er fan goes ballistic (more dumb than ballistic) so every fan after that, that has a different opinion goes ballistic?

patriots had no problem scoring on people but had a problem stopping people. add a few rookies and problem is solved? can you really rely on that?

49ers had no problem stopping people but couldn't throw the ball worth a ****. add a rookie, a solid receiver in manningham and veteran trying to get back in the game and we're not allowed to rely on that?

Ness
07-10-2012, 03:22 PM

No one has argued against any of the factors you have listed. Sustaining success in the NFL is difficult as the entire NFC West can attest to. 49ers fans here, haven't hoisted them as division champs yet and/or said the road back will be easy. But from what I've gathered, you're basically roasting 49ers fans over the coals for having confidence in their own team and expecting to win the division again which is ridiculous.

Let me make this clear: no one is expecting a cake walk of a journey back. Find me one statement from a 49ers fan here that believes it will.

49ersfan_87
07-10-2012, 04:21 PM
What is up with the constant 49er discussion? Seems like every other thread has to delve into some ******** SF debate. Everyone just needs to get over it already, for **** sake.

vidae
07-10-2012, 04:28 PM
Oh BOY, another thread that has turned into a 49er circle jerk! I'm so happy that we can't have a single thread hijacked! Yay us!

Overrated:

Buccaneers
Chiefs
Bengals
Texans

Underrated:

Colts
Browns
Chargers
Falcons
Raiders
Dolphins

The Chiefs aren't overrated, the Broncos are. Everyone has already crowned them division champs. I don't know why the rest of the AFC West just doesn't forfeit this season.

Cigaro
07-10-2012, 04:33 PM
Interested to hear how the Panthers are overrated. Unless I've been oblivious to an upswing of expectations for us over the past few weeks, most people are pegging us to finish somewhere in between last years record and 8-8/9-7, maybe if we're lucky a shot at a wild card spot.

49ersfan_87
07-10-2012, 04:46 PM
Overrated:

Buccaneers
Chiefs
Bengals
Texans

Underrated:

Colts
Browns
Chargers
Falcons
Raiders
Dolphins

My worry with the Raiders is Carson Palmer. The guy is an INT machine and i can easily see him blowing some games for the Raiders this year.

Agree with you on the Chiefs. They have one 10-6 season sandwiched inside a lot of losing seasons. That too, their 1 playoff season they had the benefit of playing the NFC West when no team was above 7-9, and getting killed by 23 points in a home playoff game. Still have Cassel as QB, Crennel as HC, and coming off a season with a -126 point differential, with 2 blowouts before they started suffering the injury bug. I think their ceiling is 10 wins, but i expect them to have 7-8.

Knicks and Bucs
07-10-2012, 04:49 PM
Interested to hear how the Panthers are overrated. Unless I've been oblivious to an upswing of expectations for us over the past few weeks, most people are pegging us to finish somewhere in between last years record and 8-8/9-7, maybe if we're lucky a shot at a wild card spot.

Lot of people on ESPN has the panthers as a division favorite. It is possible, but I think they are still another year away. A .500 record is possible, though. I also think Cam Newton is overrated. No doubt he is a great player, but he is not MVP like people say he will be. If anything I predict he will take a small step back. The panthers are coming though.

Borat
07-10-2012, 04:54 PM
ness we're not allowed to defend our team. not even allowed to share our points without being labeled a homer?

what are we supposed to say? "yeah, you're right, our team has taken a step back" when we dont share the same opinion?

rebuttal=going ballistic. we all just need a shut up

Pretty much this. If someone makes an ill-informed blast about SF, it will draw a response from Niner fans. Once that happens, ALL Niner fans are then lumped in as annoying homers. Cool cycle.

Ness
07-10-2012, 05:00 PM
Pretty much this. If someone makes an ill-informed blast about SF, it will draw a response from Niner fans. Once that happens, ALL Niner fans are then lumped in as annoying homers. Cool cycle.

Yeah that tactic is getting pretty stupid.

49ersfan_87
07-10-2012, 05:10 PM

Agreed. Not to mention one poster was doing it intentionally.

I use every opportunity that I find to provoke 49er fans.

vidae
07-10-2012, 05:13 PM
Please don't try to play that card. You're acting as if 49er fans aren't to blame for any of this. You're not the victims here. Maybe I can interest you all in a thicker skin?

Bixby (Thumper)
07-10-2012, 05:55 PM
Please don't try to play that card. You're acting as if 49er fans aren't to blame for any of this. You're not the victims here. Maybe I can interest you all in a thicker skin?

Forrealz. A bunch of people put the Eagles in their overrated team section but I'm not bitching about it because I really don't give a damn. People think the Eagles are overrated, that's their opinion and they're entitled to that. I'm not going to engulf entire threads in homer flame wars because I disagree with someone's opinion. And then once homer wars have taken over a thread, people get mad at the homers and then the homers get mad again. It's cyclical.

Seriously 49ers fans, grow some thicker skin. Not everybody is going to agree that the 49ers are totally awesome and amazing and that the division is theirs to lose. Ignore it and move on with your lives, there is zero reason for you to attack everyone that slights the 49ers.

TL;DR: Shut the **** up.

49ersfan_87
07-10-2012, 05:59 PM

Some people definitely get too defensive and take it too personally.

It just boggles my mind that this **** has been going on since the season ended. How, i can't fathom. Not everyone has to like SF, and not every 49er fan that disagrees with someone else is a blind homer.

Nalej
07-10-2012, 07:04 PM
totally agree.

patriots fans have been the same since 2003 when they all started watching again, and it only got worse after 2004 when they finally stopped chanting about the yankees during pats games every 5 minutes.

False statement is false. I like you though so I'll let you continue with your old man ramble. :cj:

edit: Just realized the code for the old man smilie is CJ. That's hilarious.

YAYareaRB
07-10-2012, 07:20 PM
but why is it labeled as being a homer if we share our opinion about the matter? is it really the fan who needs to grow thicker skin or the guy who gets offended if one defends his team or just has a different opinion?

im sorry, i was under the impression that this was discussion forum. if you wanna post up your opinions with NO REBUTTAL, go make a pinterest

Bengals78
07-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Overrated:
49'ers

Underrated:
49'ers

vidae
07-10-2012, 07:35 PM
Bengals 4-12 the year before

This year: OVERRATED!!!!!

Ness
07-10-2012, 07:36 PM
People shouldn't be labeled as homers for having a different opinion on their team. Especially at times when certain misconstrued information is being corrected. Now that hasn't happened in this thread yet, but it has in the recent past.

Bengals78
07-10-2012, 07:40 PM
Bengals 4-12 the year before

This year: OVERRATED!!!!!

DUDE!!!! We are so overrated.
Some random guy on ESPN said we could win the division so we are SOOOO overrated.
Now, had we gone out and signed a mid-30's WR who didn't play in 2011, and played like **** in 2010...SUPER BOWL BITCHES

Bengals78
07-10-2012, 07:41 PM
People shouldn't be labeled as homers for having a different opinion on their team. Especially at times when certain misconstrued information is being corrected. Now that hasn't happened in this thread yet, but it has in the recent past.

Ness,
calling your team underrated after you make the NFC Championship game....is homerism. I know that wasn't you, but it is homerism.

YAYareaRB
07-10-2012, 07:42 PM
how in the hell are the chiefs overrated? if anything the broncos have been getting most of the pub for the whole peyton thing.

tjsunstein
07-10-2012, 07:52 PM
Well, the Eagles aren't as overrated as they were heading into last year. That's a plus, and I like their additions to their defense a lot.

Bengals78
07-10-2012, 07:58 PM
Well, the Eagles aren't as overrated as they were heading into last year. That's a plus, and I like their additions to their defense a lot.

Agreed. I think they did a good job in the draft specifically

Pat Sims 90
07-10-2012, 07:59 PM
Wait the Bengals are actually rated something?

Bengals78
07-10-2012, 08:00 PM
Wait the Bengals are actually rated something?

by signing some mid-level FA and having a good draft were are soooo like the Eagles (no offense Eagles fans) last season. Book tickets for the SB already!

Pat Sims 90
07-10-2012, 08:04 PM
by signing some mid-level FA and having a good draft were are soooo like the Eagles (no offense Eagles fans) last season. Book tickets for the SB already!

Yea on top of that Andy Dalton does not have any arm strength and won't make it in the NFL.

tjsunstein
07-10-2012, 10:16 PM
I use every opportunity that I find to provoke 49er fans. It's like GB fans a year ago. Once they were relevant again they were the best team ever with the best players at every position.

There was a time Green Bay wasn't relevant? That's news to me. Seems like an unnecessary shot at us fans who didn't J-Mike the board. I've been rational my whole time here. I even argued with Pats fans last year for 12 weeks about Rodgers vs. Brady for MVP. There's being a homer then there's being right, I was one of those two.

tjsunstein
07-10-2012, 10:20 PM
Agreed. I think they did a good job in the draft specifically

Fletcher Cox
Mychal Kendricks
Vinny Curry
Brandon Boykin
Cliff Harris
Chris Polk
Marvin McNutt
Phillip Thomas

That's a haul. Sures up the middle of heir D, had Cox as a top 10 pick, and Kendricks a first rounder and they snagged both. I hate the Eagles but they did real well addressing their needs.

Bengals78
07-10-2012, 10:37 PM
There was a time Green Bay wasn't relevant? That's news to me. Seems like an unnecessary shot at us fans who didn't J-Mike the board. I've been rational my whole time here. I even argued with Pats fans last year for 12 weeks about Rodgers vs. Brady for MVP. There's being a homer then there's being right, I was one of those two.

Oh boy now you are gonna come back ranting about injuries......
kidding

Bengals78
07-10-2012, 10:38 PM
Fletcher Cox
Mychal Kendricks
Vinny Curry
Brandon Boykin
Cliff Harris
Chris Polk
Marvin McNutt
Phillip Thomas

That's a haul. Sures up the middle of heir D, had Cox as a top 10 pick, and Kendricks a first rounder and they snagged both. I hate the Eagles but they did real well addressing their needs.

I would have wanted FC on the Bengals if we didnt have Geno. I dont know how well a 4-3 would hold up vs the run with two UT on the line.

phlysac
07-10-2012, 10:47 PM
Overrated:
49'ers

Underrated:
49'ers

Completely agree.

WCH
07-10-2012, 11:30 PM
I use every opportunity that I find to provoke 49er fans. It's like GB fans a year ago. Once they were relevant again they were the best team ever with the best players at every position.

I usually stay out of these types of flame wars; but there's a pretty big difference between the Packers winning a Super Bowl during the second longest win-streak in NFL history, and the 49ers being good again.

That said, some of the Packer fans on this board (not the ones in this thread) do make me want to bang my head against the wall.

the_legend_killer
07-10-2012, 11:37 PM
Overrated: That team you hate.
Underrated: Your favorite team.

Bengals78
07-10-2012, 11:38 PM

how DARE you insinuate that people here play favorites!

PoopSandwich
07-10-2012, 11:43 PM
I'm just curious reading this. This is overrated underrated, right? Who the **** is projecting the Bengals to be a repeat playoff team? Anyone? In what case are they, overrated? Everyone is projecting them to miss the playoffs this year and thinks that last year is basically a fluke. This would lead to them not being overrated.

Brodeur
07-10-2012, 11:44 PM
Overrated:
Ravens (I'd almost bet my soul that they won't make the playoffs)
Cowboys
Steelers
Bears

Underrated:
Panthers
Eagles
Titans
Bengals (based on people in this thread)

WCH
07-10-2012, 11:45 PM

A couple months ago, I tried to argue that the Bears were underrated and a threat to win it all. People bitched.

These threads just aren't going to foster happy, agreeable thoughts.

Overrated:
Ravens (I'd almost bet my soul that they won't make the playoffs)
Cowboys
Steelers
Bears

I like the Ravens and the Bears (for the most part), but I have no idea where this Cowboys love is coming from. I definitely agree with you on that.

I'm "meh..." on the Steelers.

gpngc
07-10-2012, 11:57 PM
The Cowboys have a very good team and just added a big-time player at the position they were weakest at.

They were also a couple of crazy fluke plays away from making the playoffs over the Giants.

And now they get their RB back healthy to go with their potent passing attack.

I'd be surprised if they won less than nine games.

Bixby (Thumper)
07-11-2012, 12:32 AM
but why is it labeled as being a homer if we share our opinion about the matter? is it really the fan who needs to grow thicker skin or the guy who gets offended if one defends his team or just has a different opinion?

im sorry, i was under the impression that this was discussion forum. if you wanna post up your opinions with NO REBUTTAL, go make a pinterest

I'll throw my hat in the ring again. I don't think it's the fact that you're defending the 49ers that makes people call you a homer (I don't think you're the target at all actually). Rather, I think people are getting annoyed with 49ers fans because EVERY SINGLE TIME the 49ers are brought up, the same thread engulfing argument pops up. Personally, I'd just like to see the lot of you choose your battles more wisely. :neutral:

Bengals78
07-11-2012, 12:35 AM
I'm just curious reading this. This is overrated underrated, right? Who the **** is projecting the Bengals to be a repeat playoff team? Anyone? In what case are they, overrated? Everyone is projecting them to miss the playoffs this year and thinks that last year is basically a fluke. This would lead to them not being overrated.

I think Tim Hasselbeck did.
Whoopty doo Basil!

Bengals78
07-11-2012, 12:37 AM
A couple months ago, I tried to argue that the Bears were underrated and a threat to win it all. People bitched.

These threads just aren't going to foster happy, agreeable thoughts.

I like the Ravens and the Bears (for the most part), but I have no idea where this Cowboys love is coming from. I definitely agree with you on that.

I'm "meh..." on the Steelers.

I respect the Ravens (because of the fans on here) but I am worried about the age on the defense and I know the state of their OL. Birk, McKinnie and Bobbie Williams. Not good....

Ness
07-11-2012, 12:38 AM
I'll throw my hat in the ring again. I don't think it's the fact that you're defending the 49ers that makes people call you a homer (I don't think you're the target at all actually). Rather, I think people are getting annoyed with 49ers fans because EVERY SINGLE TIME the 49ers are brought up, the same thread engulfing argument pops up. Personally, I'd just like to see the lot of you choose your battles more wisely. :neutral:

Well every situation is different. I believe in this thread someone made a stupid remark that people are hating on the 49ers, and Razor replied with a long winded post about the franchise, and afterwards a couple of other 49ers fans debated certain flaws in his logic.

WCH
07-11-2012, 12:52 AM
I respect the Ravens (because of the fans on here) but I am worried about the age on the defense and I know the state of their OL. Birk, McKinnie and Bobbie Williams. Not good....

I think they'll be okay for another season, but those are definite concerns. I'm also not a huge Flacco fan.

Bengals78
07-11-2012, 01:11 AM
I think they'll be okay for another season, but those are definite concerns. I'm also not a huge Flacco fan.

Factor in Reed and Ray being older...eventually time will catch up.

Brodeur
07-11-2012, 01:40 AM

Suggs won't be fully healthy this year in addition to that.

Bengals78
07-11-2012, 01:53 AM

and they lost another DC. Will the well run dry?

Razor
07-11-2012, 01:59 AM
Dean Pees is an absolutely terrible DC so I fully expect the Ravens to take a step back defensively.

WCH
07-11-2012, 02:03 AM

Somehow I forgot about that.

Ngatachance92
07-11-2012, 02:39 AM

Yes they are older, but we also have a bunch of young guys to help the transition go a little smoother(Ie Webb, Ngata, Jimmy Smith, Upshaw) when they finally leave, but we will be okay for this year.

The main things I am worried about for this year are as has been stated the change of DC and the loss of Suggs. One thing that I am potentially worried about is Ed Reed. If he decides to not play out his contract and be a prick or he gets injured we lost both of our depth guys at Safety to the offseason in Nakamura and Zbikowski. After the Suggs injury, losing Jarrett Johnson hurts us a bit, but one bright spot is we will actually get to see what we have at LB with Upshaw, Kruger and Kindle.

This is a contract year for Flacco we don't know how that will affect him. Cam is still the OC, our line is questionable and after Boldin hopefully Torrey Smith will continue to mature as well as our young TEs but beyond that more question marks.

I can definitely see why people would consider us overrated with all of the question marks but in the coming weeks before the season starts as the analysts analyze our roster and point out all of the flaws, we could be back in this thread arguing about how the Baltimore Ravens are underrated.

(I could go into a bit more detail but that's it for now.)

Bixby (Thumper)
07-11-2012, 03:57 AM
Overrated:
New York Giants
Pittsburgh Steelers
Denver Broncos
Cincinnati Bengals
Buffalo Bills

Underrated:
Philadelphia Eagles
Chicago Bears
Seattle Seahawks
Tennessee Titans
New York Jets

I had nice, long explanations but then my computer died right as I was about to post it and I lost it all. :sadface:

1funguy
07-11-2012, 04:56 AM
Overrated:
Fan opinions

Underrated:
Impact of injuries

Giantsfan1080
07-11-2012, 07:30 AM
Overrated:
New York Giants
Pittsburgh Steelers
Denver Broncos
Cincinnati Bengals
Buffalo Bills

Underrated:
Philadelphia Eagles
Chicago Bears
Seattle Seahawks
Tennessee Titans
New York Jets

I had nice, long explanations but then my computer died right as I was about to post it and I lost it all. :sadface:

You'll probably be shocked if we win another playoff game again right?

A Perfect Score
07-11-2012, 08:06 AM
Yes they are older, but we also have a bunch of young guys to help the transition go a little smoother(Ie Webb, Ngata, Jimmy Smith, Upshaw) when they finally leave, but we will be okay for this year.

The main things I am worried about for this year are as has been stated the change of DC and the loss of Suggs. One thing that I am potentially worried about is Ed Reed. If he decides to not play out his contract and be a prick or he gets injured we lost both of our depth guys at Safety to the offseason in Nakamura and Zbikowski. After the Suggs injury, losing Jarrett Johnson hurts us a bit, but one bright spot is we will actually get to see what we have at LB with Upshaw, Kruger and Kindle.

This is a contract year for Flacco we don't know how that will affect him. Cam is still the OC, our line is questionable and after Boldin hopefully Torrey Smith will continue to mature as well as our young TEs but beyond that more question marks.

I can definitely see why people would consider us overrated with all of the question marks but in the coming weeks before the season starts as the analysts analyze our roster and point out all of the flaws, we could be back in this thread arguing about how the Baltimore Ravens are underrated.

I think ultimately, the defense will be fine. Even with Suggs out and Reed and Ray getting up there, I've got alot more faith in our defense then our offense. Our offensive line is ancient and was already suspect before we replaced Ben Grubbs with Bobbie Williams (A monstrous step down for the entire line). I'm just not sure it can hold up for a whole season.

Rosebud
07-11-2012, 08:57 AM
You'll probably be shocked if we win another playoff game again right?

The giants are the luckiest team ever. In any sport.

Knicks and Bucs
07-11-2012, 09:36 AM

I agree with you there. If it was not for luck this team would only have one superbowl victory. The missed field goal from the Bills superbowl that inspired Ace Ventura. That lucky ******* catch from superbowl 42 and then having the cowboys and eagles to shoot themselves in the foot to help them out and then the 49ers knocking off the saints (the saints would of kicked their asses like they did on that monday night game) and then the two lost fumbles in the 9er game and another lucky catch in SB 46. The giants just face dumb teams who make mistakes and capitalize on them like the 49er game.

Bengals78
07-11-2012, 09:42 AM
Overrated:
New York Giants
Pittsburgh Steelers
Denver Broncos
Cincinnati Bengals
Buffalo Bills

Underrated:
Philadelphia Eagles
Chicago Bears
Seattle Seahawks
Tennessee Titans
New York Jets

NFL Dream Team and the New York Tebows underrated? C'mon Son

Giantsfan1080
07-11-2012, 10:13 AM
I agree with you there. If it was not for luck this team would only have one superbowl victory. The missed field goal from the Bills superbowl that inspired Ace Ventura. That lucky ******* catch from superbowl 42 and then having the cowboys and eagles to shoot themselves in the foot to help them out and then the 49ers knocking off the saints (the saints would of kicked their asses like they did on that monday night game) and then the two lost fumbles in the 9er game and another lucky catch in SB 46. The giants just face dumb teams who make mistakes and capitalize on them like the 49er game.

I'm really not sure if this is a serious post or not.

Bengalsrocket
07-11-2012, 10:32 AM
I'm really not sure if this is a serious post or not.

I agree with him that the Giants got lucky. but I think every team who wins the Superbowl got lucky :P

Bert Macklin
07-11-2012, 10:34 AM
Overrated:

Eagles
49ers
Bengals
Saints

Underrated:

Titans
Raiders
Ravens
Bills

With everything we're going through the Saints won't be overrated or underrated.

phlysac
07-11-2012, 10:34 AM
Rather, I think people are getting annoyed with 49ers fans because EVERY SINGLE TIME the 49ers are brought up, the same thread engulfing argument pops up.

This is my opinion of why "it" happens. People make overly-generalized and false statements regarding the team I love. It's difficult to ignore.

/unwisely-chosen post.

Hines
07-11-2012, 10:38 AM

I don't think the defense is the full overrated though. I think the OL is horrid. Oher hasn't lived up to his billing and McKinnie and Birk are so old. Hopefully the young kids are ready to play because they are going to be needed. Has there been talk of Oher moving inside? I think that's where I like him best.

tjsunstein
07-11-2012, 01:38 PM
Oh boy now you are gonna come back ranting about injuries......
kidding

THAT WAS A WEIRD TIME IN ALL OF OUR LIVES. WE DIDNT KNOW WHAT TO DO.

Overrated:
Jets, yes, even a

Matthew Jones
07-11-2012, 01:56 PM
Based on their projected win totals via Sportsbook:

Overrated:

Browns (5.5)
Cardinals (7)
Dolphins (7.5)
Jaguars (5.5)
Jets (8.5)

Underrated:

Bengals (7.5)
Bills (7)
Broncos (9.5)
Cowboys (8.5)
Seahawks (7)

NY+Giants=NYG
07-11-2012, 01:56 PM
The Cowboys have a very good team and just added a big-time player at the position they were weakest at.

They were also a couple of crazy fluke plays away from making the playoffs over the Giants.

And now they get their RB back healthy to go with their potent passing attack.

I'd be surprised if they won less than nine games.

What flukey plays are you referring to? They didn't make it because of their horrible secondary and they stink in big games.

Matthew Jones
07-11-2012, 02:00 PM
What flukey plays are you referring to? They didn't make it because of their horrible secondary and they stink in big games.

Well, they took a 13 point lead into the fourth quarter against Detroit and lost 34-30 after two interceptions were returned for touchdowns, the Jets managed to squeak that one out after the long FG by Folk, the Patriots looked terrible and rallied at the end, Dan Bailey missed the second attempt after that timeout by Jason Garrett nullified the first kick (which sent the game into overtime), and Pierre-Paul blocked that other field goal. That's five games decided by unlikely circumstances.

Razor
07-11-2012, 02:06 PM
I just realized that I haven't made my list yet, so here it goes:

Overrated
San Francisco 49ers
New York Giants
Philadelphia Eagles
Chicago Bears
Baltimore Ravens

Underrated
Tennessee Titans
Buffalo Bills
Kansas City Chiefs
Arizona Cardinals
Dallas Cowboys

AntoinCD
07-11-2012, 02:18 PM
Overrated:

Chicago Bears - I do think the passing game will be better but the offensive line is still shaky and the defense is getting pretty old. Peppers also has never been the most consistent player, so can we expect a similar season?

Philadelphia Eagles - I say this even though I think they can win their division, but Vick is injury prone and streaky, the offensive line may struggle and they still have to show they can play as a team.

Denver Broncos - I think they are the third best team in the AFC West. The defense played well in a stretch last year but wasn't consistent. Will Manning be anything like his old self? I don't think the running game will be great and Bey-Bey is still inconsistent. Manning came from a precision offense with guys he could trust. I don't see that in Denver.

Underrated:

Dallas Cowboys - I can't believe I am saying the Cowboys are underrated, but realistically they live and die by Tony Romo this year. The offensive line should be better with Tyron Smith at LT and the skill position players are there on offense. I love what they have done to their secondary this year and they have a solid front 7 led by Demarcus Ware.

Pittsburgh Steelers - A lot of the talk is whether the Ravens can battle through without Suggs and the improving Bengals. However offensively in particular the Steelers could be dominant. Their offensive line can now be considered a strength and they have as good a WR corps as there is in the AFC. Defensively they are always good too.

Tennessee Titans - The Titans were in the playoff hunt last year while starting Matt Hasselbeck at QB and losing their best WR. They also added a big play threat in Kendall Wright who should open things up underneath. Chris Johnson also should have a better year. They could definitely be in the wild card mix.

A Perfect Score
07-11-2012, 02:23 PM
As skeptical as I was about his hiring, Mike Munchak has done an awesome job with the Titans. I really love the way they've gone about their business since he took over as HC. With Manning out of the division, I think they're a real playoff threat this year and I that offense looks like it could be flat out nasty for a decade if Locker turns out to be a stud. Locker, CJ2K, Britt, Wright and Cook is a disgustingly awesome assembly of skill players.

Maybe This Year Mayhew
07-11-2012, 02:26 PM
Overrated: Packer
Packers, they are still a good team and a playoff team(that has a SB shot if they get hot) but not a lock for the division or deep playoff run. Defense should improve but relying on rookies in Perry and Worthy is still very risky, Collins is perma gone so safeties are questions after last year though Burnett has talent and maybe just needs more experience, pass rush still a question even with the rookies plus the great Matthews and Raji, Shields and Hawk need to pick up their games big time after last years bad performances, Tramon still has nerve damage, and the turnovers forced can dry up in some games(as seen in divisional game and Chief game).

Rodgers will have a good year (2009/2010 esque) but not 2011 ridiculousness. I also think they will be facing much more difficult defenses in Houston, San Fran, healthy Lions D twice, Giants(with Osi/JPP/Tuck) and even the Bears will be improved plus a possible shootout with Saints depending on Brees and Seattle secondary in Seattle is a challenge for Green Bay. Packers played 4 games against teams missing their top pass rusher last year and 4 different games against teams without their top corner. Everyone needs to bring their A game this time around against Green Bay because Falcons without Abraham, Giants D in regular season, injured Lions secondary twice, Saints without Will Smith, Chargers without Phillips and Cason and Bears twice(once no Cutler/Forte) did not last year. And those were the biggest challengers to Green Bay and everyone came up with duds.

Underrated: Falcons

Whenever you sleep on them that is when they beat you. Ryan with White,Gonzalez and Jones can be deadly plus Turner pounding it. Defense they have the secondary but rely on Abraham. If he has a big year, look out.

NY+Giants=NYG
07-11-2012, 02:31 PM
Well, they took a 13 point lead into the fourth quarter against Detroit and lost 34-30 after two interceptions were returned for touchdowns, the Jets managed to squeak that one out after the long FG by Folk, the Patriots looked terrible and rallied at the end, Dan Bailey missed the second attempt after that timeout by Jason Garrett nullified the first kick (which sent the game into overtime), and Pierre-Paul blocked that other field goal. That's five games decided by unlikely circumstances.

Well that's on their offense and QB if that happened. If it got tipped by their WR, then that's on the WR. That happens. I don't see anything flukey by that. I saw the Jets game where Romo got picked. The pats won that game, and Garrett froze his own kicker, lol. That's just stupid.

JPP has done what he has been doing for us on special teams going back in his rookie year before the sacks and that's being a beast on special teams. He once again proved to do that when we needed him the most.

Stuff like that happens. That's why you practice these things in camp, be it from the defense taking turnovers to the house, where the whole defense runs to score, or simple things as putting your best guys on special teams in certain instances to get a big play.

That's just the Cowboys being the Cowboys, and hence the media keeps expecting them to stop being inconsistent and actually play up to their level. For me I expect that from the cowboys. I expect in big games, they lose as well.

Thecollegedropout
07-11-2012, 02:52 PM
Overrated:

1) Denver Broncos(The team is talented, make no mistake about that. Just I think their will be a little bit of transition with Peyton at QB and I don't see them relatively clicking right away. McGahee is a year older at running back and I can see him and that running game being wiped out because of Peyton and add guys like Thomas and Decker really needing to click with Peyton in season and I can see the offense somewhat struggling, especially on short down conversions. The defense I think is fine and they'll rack up the sacks but I still hold my skepticism on their run defense, in particular up front. I think Denver will win 9 games and could be right there for one of the WC spots but I don't think they will go and run over the AFC West like many predict.

2) San Diego Chargers(I just think this will be it for AJ Smith and Turner and this team will not unlock its potential until both are gone. Rivers will bounce back but taking away Vincent Jackson is not going to help and Gates can't be relied upon to stay healthy. I don't think Melvin Ingram will step in right away and be a sack master like some can see and felt heading into the draft and because of that, the Bolts D will still be gauged upon for more yards.

It pains me to put them here on the overrated list because for at least 2 or 3 years, I really thought the Bolts would represent the AFC at least once. However, I think I have lost all confidence in Turner to lead them and I think this will be his final year. This team is just so frustrating and disappointing and its a shame because they could win their division.

3) Atlanta Falcons(I usually have them every time as being the most overrated football team in the NFL but that's because they don't know how to win a playoff game to save their lifes, Matt Ryan stinks in these HUGE playoff games and that defense led by Mr. Overrated himself John Abraham usually don't do anything when they get punched in the mouth or when teams run upon them. Maybe Jerry can finally be that much needed DT who specializes in run stopping but I hold my reservations on this defense taking the "Next Step" where they can then compete with the beasts of the NFC.

Falcons should win their division but they won't run away with it. Panthers are just on a tier below at this point from them, Bucs will be better but will need 2 seasons to fully go after the crown and the Saints are just depleted with the penalties. If there's a year for Atlanta to make a statement in the NFC, it'd be now but I think they will eek out 10 if not 9 wins and will be unimpressive before having to try and overcome their inner demons come January.

Underrated:

1) Kansas City Chiefs(Here's my pick from 4th to 1st this year. I love keeping Romeo and having him fully control even more of the reigns from that defense or better yet the team. I am one of the very few Brady Quinn fans left on this earth and I think he can contribute more than Cassell so I can see Quinn being a good game manager esque type. Add the returns of Barry for that defense and Mr. Charles at RB and this team can unleash themselves 10 wins in a relatively wide open division IMHO.

2) New York Jets(I think they can pull off a 10 win season under their belts. Why? First off...I cannot stress upon how bad Schottenheimer was at calling the offense. Even if Sparano isn't even that great, I can't seriously see how he can be worse than what we have seen the past few years. Next, I think Sanchez will step up and be a very good QB(Not a superstar) and I think he won't be the hindrance of the squad. Of course this all depends on Wayne Hunter playing like a starting right tackle in the league which I hold my doubts on. I also think Tebow and his use will catch teams off guard in September and October...and then by then, I can see the Jets rolling more and more Sanchez esque playcalls so their plan is more fresh week by week and won't be exposed by opposing scouts.

Unless Revis holds out, I think the Jets defense will be stellar and while Coples might not rip off killer stats, I think he will be a much needed addition for the team and to put on pressure. Look for Maybin to have a huge 8-10 sack season, he's added on weight which has been his hugest problem(Along with not playing with hunger with BUF) and I can see him emerge as a monster this season.

Don't think they can take over the Pats for the division crown BUT I can see them easily nab the 5th seed in the AFC.

3) Tampa Bay Buccaneers(Now I don't see them making the playoffs BUT I think they can contend and get to .500 under Schiano. I just have a funny feeling this team will eek out wins despite some of the ugliest stats.....they have a favorable schedule last I checked and they added so many guys like a Nicks or Vin. Jackson. I am not high on Freeman but I do think he will be better than last season(Not as good as 2010). The Bucs defense should step up and be the leading force of the two sides as I think Gerald McCoy is due for a big year.

Maybe a 7-8 win team but compared to the disaster of last season, you will take that and run.

Thecollegedropout
07-11-2012, 02:58 PM
NFL Dream Team and the New York Tebows underrated? C'mon Son
What's wrong with that? They've been shitted on already and they haven't even made any crazy predictions.

Everyone swears this Tebow/Sanchez duo will auto fail without even giving them a July training camp practice.

As for the Giants...they are a good team but that schedule is ridiculous. Seriously, its going to be rough. No shame finishing around .500 with that schedule.

AntoinCD
07-11-2012, 02:59 PM
Underrated:

2) New York Jets(I think they can pull off a 10 win season under their belts. Why? First off...I cannot stress upon how bad Schottenheimer was at calling the offense. Even if Sparano isn't even that great, I can't seriously see how he can be worse than what we have seen the past few years. Next, I think Sanchez will step up and be a very good QB(Not a superstar) and I think he won't be the hindrance of the squad. Of course this all depends on Wayne Hunter playing like a starting right tackle in the league which I hold my doubts on. I also think Tebow and his use will catch teams off guard in September and October...and then by then, I can see the Jets rolling more and more Sanchez esque playcalls so their plan is more fresh week by week and won't be exposed by opposing scouts.

Unless Revis holds out, I think the Jets defense will be stellar and while Coples might not rip off killer stats, I think he will be a much needed addition for the team and to put on pressure. Look for Maybin to have a huge 8-10 sack season, he's added on weight which has been his hugest problem(Along with not playing with hunger with BUF) and I can see him emerge as a monster this season.

Don't think they can take over the Pats for the division crown BUT I can see them easily nab the 5th seed in the AFC.

I think the Jets maybe have gotten to the stage of being underrated at this point as well.

I agree with Schottenheimer going it will make it easier on Sanchez. I always felt he was trying to be complicated and conviluted for the sake of it despite how successful Sanchez could be running that offense. I do envision a better offensive performance from the Jets this year.

Defensively I think Wilkerson needs to build on his rookie year and a pass rusher needs to step up (be it Maybin, Coples) for the Jets to get to the postseason.

I think their biggest problem getting to a wildcard spot isn't the lack of progress made this off season (because they have made strides) but I just feel the Bills, if they can click, have jumped ahead of them. It will be interesting to see if they can start fast and give themselves some room for error towards the tail end of the season.

Thecollegedropout
07-11-2012, 03:09 PM
I think the Jets maybe have gotten to the stage of being underrated at this point as well.

I agree with Schottenheimer going it will make it easier on Sanchez. I always felt he was trying to be complicated and conviluted for the sake of it despite how successful Sanchez could be running that offense. I do envision a better offensive performance from the Jets this year.

Defensively I think Wilkerson needs to build on his rookie year and a pass rusher needs to step up (be it Maybin, Coples) for the Jets to get to the postseason.

I think their biggest problem getting to a wildcard spot isn't the lack of progress made this off season (because they have made strides) but I just feel the Bills, if they can click, have jumped ahead of them. It will be interesting to see if they can start fast and give themselves some room for error towards the tail end of the season.
Schotty is god awful and I feel really sorry for Bradford in that regard. I don't know how good Sparano will be but I've seen enough out of Brian to know he can be easily topped.

Oh and I forgot to add....if a RB steps up under Sparano(If its Greene or Powell or Ganaway or McKnight) you can add a win maybe to the Jets to give them 11. I am figuring its going to be an ordinary season for the RBs on the team but its really now or never for Shonn Greene and if I had to say someone erupts, its him. Nothing ridiculously crazy but a big step up in what is a contract year for him. Greene might benefit off of Sparano's "Ground and Pound" philosophy and like with what we saw with Tebow/McGahee, Tebow could really open up the running game with teams paying attention to Tebow at QB or even at FB.

Maybe Keller gets used properly since Sparano loves his TEs but I'll wait and see for that. Hill will need some transition for his route running and Holmes will be great one game and awful the next so the passing game will be decent but I think Sanchez can make it work as it'll be a run first team.

I agree with you though....week 17 Jets@Bills WILL be flexed and I see both teams heading into that game at 9-6 and I see the Jets eek it out, just because they've been around this big game presence before and its a new type of animal for Buffalo, even if its at Ralph Wilson.

Bengals78
07-11-2012, 04:59 PM
What's wrong with that? They've been shitted on already and they haven't even made any crazy predictions.

Everyone swears this Tebow/Sanchez duo will auto fail without even giving them a July training camp practice.

As for the Giants...they are a good team but that schedule is ridiculous. Seriously, its going to be rough. No shame finishing around .500 with that schedule.

clearly someone hasn't followed this thread well

Bixby (Thumper)
07-11-2012, 05:11 PM

And thank you for proving my point. You think the Giants were the best team in football last year and that they're going to be next year too simply because they got hot at the right time and won a superbowl. You're downplaying any sort of luck that was involved because that would mean your team wasn't the most fantastic team evarr.

Reality: You made the playoffs last year by a JPP finger tip. Your team got insanely lucky a couple of times and without quite a few things breaking your way, you don't even make the playoffs.

Contrary to your homer opinion, the Giants weren't a great team last year. They had a negative point differential. You allowed more points than you scored. They were barely top 10 in yardage and scoring offense. Your defense was 25th in yards allowed and points allowed. FootballOutsiders DVOA had the Giants ranked as the 12th best team in the NFL.

You and all the other Giants fans act like your team is so super fantastic when in reality, you were lucky to even make the playoffs and then you got hot. You weren't even the best team in your division last year. And because of the way you all perceive your team, they're overrated.

Your offensive line blows. You lost Brandon Jacobs and Mario Manningham. Your running game is mediocre at best, David Wilson isn't ready for the big leagues. He dances too much and his running style isn't disciplined enough to cut it against NFL defenses. Plus, he has fumble problems.

Your linebackers are awful. Rolle is one of the worst starting defensive backs in the league. Terrell Thomas is coming off of a torn ACL and he wasn't that fast/explosive to begin with. Prince Amukamara was beaten like a red headed step child last season because he plays flat footed and he lacks the smooth transition required to just flip his hips and run with receivers down the sideline.

The Giants haven't gotten any better this offseason and they weren't all that fantastic to begin with. Meanwhile, the Cowboys (who the Giants edged out by JPP's finger tip) have gotten MUCH better. And the Eagles who have beaten the Giants 7 of the past 8 times have gotten much better as well.

The Giants won't even make the playoffs this year. Quote me. The Eagles and Cowboys are both better teams.

Bixby (Thumper)
07-11-2012, 05:15 PM
I agree with him that the Giants got lucky. but I think every team who wins the Superbowl got lucky :P

THANK YOU! I have no idea why Giants fans can't admit they got lucky as ****. They're the only team to EVER win a superbowl with a negative point differential. They made the playoffs by one game. They wouldn't have even made the playoffs if the refs correctly called Victor Cruz's fumble or if JPP didn't tip a Cowboy's field goal. Or Ahmad Bradshaw's "forward progress" in the NFC Championship game. And hell, just remember what Kyle Williams did. Check-mothafuckin'-mate right there with Kyle Williams. I'd like to get lucky every year if it meant winning the superbowl.

gpngc
07-11-2012, 05:16 PM

Miles Austin losing the ball in the lights... about as flukey as it gets. A incredibly easy wide-open catch that would have resulted in the GMen missing the playoffs.

I'm a pseudo-Giant fan but that play was just ridiculous.

EDIT: And the Garrett timeout gaffe. And the insane interception spree Romo went on unnecessarily against the Jets (would have won had they just ran the damn ball and made Sanchez try to beat them).

They aren't a bad team - they just do incredibly stupid things way more than the other good teams. Because they are professionals I'll give them the benefit of the doubt to correct at least some of those idiotic mistakes this upcoming season. Same with SD who lost a game on a fumbled kneel down AHAHAHHAHAHAH.

And Dallas finally has a real running game assuming Murray can stay healthy. And they added an awesome CB.

YAYareaRB
07-11-2012, 05:23 PM
getting hot at the right time has been the story of the superbowl for, at least, the last two years.

gpngc
07-11-2012, 05:26 PM
getting hot at the right time has been the story of the superbowl for, at least, the last two years.

Eh. The Packers were the second best team in football at the start of the playoffs last year.

Bixby (Thumper)
07-11-2012, 05:29 PM
Eh. The Packers were the second best team in football at the start of the playoffs last year.

The Packers' record didn't reflect how good they actually were. They had a really good point differential and if I'm remembering correctly, they never lost a game by more than a touchdown. That team is a prime example of a team that was better than their record said they were.

WCH
07-11-2012, 05:40 PM
The Packers have been the top NFC team for three years running, according to FootballOutsiders DVOA ratings.

YAYareaRB
07-11-2012, 05:58 PM
towards the end of the 2010 season, if someone were to tell me the packers were gonna win the SB, i might have questioned it a bit. last 7 weeks of the season they went 4-3. after that week 17 win against the bears, they caught fire and never looked back.

the last 8 weeks of the 2011 season the Giants went 3-5. got it going in the playoffs and never looked back. took two dropped punts :(((( to make it but still they made plays when they had to and made them at the right time.

is it luck? not at all

Mufasa
07-11-2012, 06:16 PM
Overrated: Packer
Packers, they are still a good team and a playoff team(that has a SB shot if they get hot) but not a lock for the division or deep playoff run. Defense should improve but relying on rookies in Perry and Worthy is still very risky, Collins is perma gone so safeties are questions after last year though Burnett has talent and maybe just needs more experience, pass rush still a question even with the rookies plus the great Matthews and Raji, Shields and Hawk need to pick up their games big time after last years bad performances, Tramon still has nerve damage, and the turnovers forced can dry up in some games(as seen in divisional game and Chief game).

Rodgers will have a good year (2009/2010 esque) but not 2011 ridiculousness. I also think they will be facing much more difficult defenses in Houston, San Fran, healthy Lions D twice, Giants(with Osi/JPP/Tuck) and even the Bears will be improved plus a possible shootout with Saints depending on Brees and Seattle secondary in Seattle is a challenge for Green Bay. Packers played 4 games against teams missing their top pass rusher last year and 4 different games against teams without their top corner. Everyone needs to bring their A game this time around against Green Bay because Falcons without Abraham, Giants D in regular season, injured Lions secondary twice, Saints without Will Smith, Chargers without Phillips and Cason and Bears twice(once no Cutler/Forte) did not last year. And those were the biggest challengers to Green Bay and everyone came up with duds.

All your explanation did really was say why they won't go 15-1 again. Very few expect a repeat of that. Heck many, myself included, wouldn't be at all surprised if the Bears or Lions won the division. However, the Packers and Patriots are still the clear cut best two teams in the league going into this year. They're on a tier of their own, so I don't see how either can be overrated.

Giantsfan1080
07-11-2012, 07:10 PM
And thank you for proving my point. You think the Giants were the best team in football last year and that they're going to be next year too simply because they got hot at the right time and won a superbowl. You're downplaying any sort of luck that was involved because that would mean your team wasn't the most fantastic team evarr.

Reality: You made the playoffs last year by a JPP finger tip. Your team got insanely lucky a couple of times and without quite a few things breaking your way, you don't even make the playoffs.

Contrary to your homer opinion, the Giants weren't a great team last year. They had a negative point differential. You allowed more points than you scored. They were barely top 10 in yardage and scoring offense. Your defense was 25th in yards allowed and points allowed. FootballOutsiders DVOA had the Giants ranked as the 12th best team in the NFL.

You and all the other Giants fans act like your team is so super fantastic when in reality, you were lucky to even make the playoffs and then you got hot. You weren't even the best team in your division last year. And because of the way you all perceive your team, they're overrated.

Your offensive line blows. You lost Brandon Jacobs and Mario Manningham. Your running game is mediocre at best, David Wilson isn't ready for the big leagues. He dances too much and his running style isn't disciplined enough to cut it against NFL defenses. Plus, he has fumble problems.

Your linebackers are awful. Rolle is one of the worst starting defensive backs in the league. Terrell Thomas is coming off of a torn ACL and he wasn't that fast/explosive to begin with. Prince Amukamara was beaten like a red headed step child last season because he plays flat footed and he lacks the smooth transition required to just flip his hips and run with receivers down the sideline.

The Giants haven't gotten any better this offseason and they weren't all that fantastic to begin with. Meanwhile, the Cowboys (who the Giants edged out by JPP's finger tip) have gotten MUCH better. And the Eagles who have beaten the Giants 7 of the past 8 times have gotten much better as well.

The Giants won't even make the playoffs this year. Quote me. The Eagles and Cowboys are both better teams.

Do you get banned for a 3rd time if you're wrong again?

NY+Giants=NYG
07-11-2012, 07:11 PM
Miles Austin losing the ball in the lights... about as flukey as it gets. A incredibly easy wide-open catch that would have resulted in the GMen missing the playoffs.

I'm a pseudo-Giant fan but that play was just ridiculous.

EDIT: And the Garrett timeout gaffe. And the insane interception spree Romo went on unnecessarily against the Jets (would have won had they just ran the damn ball and made Sanchez try to beat them).

They aren't a bad team - they just do incredibly stupid things way more than the other good teams. Because they are professionals I'll give them the benefit of the doubt to correct at least some of those idiotic mistakes this upcoming season. Same with SD who lost a game on a fumbled kneel down AHAHAHHAHAHAH.

And Dallas finally has a real running game assuming Murray can stay healthy. And they added an awesome CB.

If you believe he lost it in the lights. Personally, I don't. I think he was protecting his QB, which is fine. I think Romo over threw a WR who had a hurt Hammy. In all my days of watching football I haven't heard of a WR getting led to the ball losing the ball in lights. So I am VERY skeptical of that.

But again, that's Romo's luck or Dallas's luck. Missing a wide open pass to probably end the game. But I am not sure if I buy that losing it in the lights BS. He was wide open, why did he have to throw it so far like that. But whatever that's their team for you, lights no lights, stuff seems to happen to them.

That's why the media seems to wait for their stupid stuff to go away and for them to be the team they want them to be. But that stuff doesn't happen. It's like the team isn 't mentally tough and doesn't show up in big games. So that's why I don't credit flukey plays as a reason. It's not like this is some mentally tough, extremely consistent team that goes about their business in a robotic fashion disposing of opponents. If they did that and this all happened I agree. They are known for stuff like this happening. Media and fans are still wondering, maybe this is the year they get their head of their butt and something good may happen.

NY+Giants=NYG
07-11-2012, 07:13 PM
Do you get banned for a 3rd time if you're wrong again?

Don't waste your time, clearly he is clueless about our team. It's comical at this point. lol.

Giantsfan1080
07-11-2012, 07:15 PM
Don't waste your time, clearly he is clueless about our team. It's comical at this point. lol.

Haha I know I don't give any credence to what he says. I just like to make fun. We know the team better than the others so I tend not to argue much during the offseason.

WCH
07-11-2012, 07:19 PM
That's why the media seems to wait for their stupid stuff to go away and for them to be the team they want them to be. But that stuff doesn't happen. It's like the team isn 't mentally tough and doesn't show up in big games. So that's why I don't credit flukey plays as a reason. It's not like this is some mentally tough, extremely consistent team that goes about their business in a robotic fashion disposing of opponents. If they did that and this all happened I agree. They are known for stuff like this happening. Media and fans are still wondering, maybe this is the year they get their head of their butt and something good may happen.

These are my thoughts, and that's why I'm not jumping on their bandwagon. I'll believe that they're better than the Giants or Eagles when they go out and prove it.

gpngc
07-11-2012, 07:40 PM
If you believe he lost it in the lights. Personally, I don't. I think he was protecting his QB, which is fine. I think Romo over threw a WR who had a hurt Hammy. In all my days of watching football I haven't heard of a WR getting led to the ball losing the ball in lights. So I am VERY skeptical of that.

But again, that's Romo's luck or Dallas's luck. Missing a wide open pass to probably end the game. But I am not sure if I buy that losing it in the lights BS. He was wide open, why did he have to throw it so far like that. But whatever that's their team for you, lights no lights, stuff seems to happen to them.

And I predict that kind of stuff doesn't happen this year. It has in the past, it won't this year. Neither of us is correct right now. We'll see.

Also I think your overthrow argument is wrong. If that were the case, why didn't Miles Austin dive for the ball? As it's thrown, the whole world thought it was right on target. When it landed it was VERY 'wtf'. I don't think it was overthrown.

NY+Giants=NYG
07-11-2012, 07:44 PM
And I predict that kind of stuff doesn't happen this year. It has in the past, it won't this year. Neither of us is correct right now. We'll see.

Also I think your overthrow argument is wrong. If that were the case, why didn't Miles Austin dive for the ball? As it's thrown, the whole world thought it was right on target. When it landed it was VERY 'wtf'. I don't think it was overthrown.

Well I am going by their normal trend. They haven't shown any other deviation from that. If they do, good for their fan base and team. But until they do, the media will always have them as the team that seems to have the pieces but seem to not get their stuff together when they need it.

I asked myself that too. He should have at least tried to dive for it. That's something he should have done. As soon as it were over thrown, they said it then that Romo missed him, and media and people got on Romo, and Austin said he lost it in the lights. I think ht did that to take the pressure of his QB. If so, I have no issue with getting your QB's back. But I personally think he missed him on that.

gpngc
07-11-2012, 07:57 PM
Austin faded away from the football while it was in the air also. When he finally saw it - and it was too late - he started moving towards where it landed. And right after the play he looked up to the lights as if to say 'wtf is this why are they so bright and interfering with my ability to catch a ball at home'

I do not believe at all that he was trying to protect his QB by lying about the lights after the game.

WCH
07-11-2012, 08:03 PM
I think that Austin was really making excuses for himself after half-assing the reception attempt. He knew he screwed up and he looked up at the lights to sell his "I lost it in the lights" story -- it was theatrics. It's just like faking an injury after you blow a play.

None of us know, and we'll never know for sure, so this conversation is silly.

Rosebud
07-11-2012, 08:12 PM

I didn't realize I said all of that in one sentence. Most productive sentence ever?

Maybe This Year Mayhew
07-11-2012, 08:22 PM
All your explanation did really was say why they won't go 15-1 again. Very few expect a repeat of that. Heck many, myself included, wouldn't be at all surprised if the Bears or Lions won the division. However, the Packers and Patriots are still the clear cut best two teams in the league going into this year. They're on a tier of their own, so I don't see how either can be overrated.

They are not clear cut best with that defense and facing tougher defenses. Especially if you think the Lions and Bears can win the division. They are not on a tier of their own is my point.

Maybe This Year Mayhew
07-11-2012, 08:23 PM

Double post

Bengals78
07-11-2012, 09:10 PM
Has anyone given thoughts to whether they find the 9ers, Packers and Giants are overrated?

NY+Giants=NYG
07-11-2012, 09:13 PM
Has anyone given thoughts to whether they find the 9ers, Packers and Giants are overrated?

I am guessing no. I don't think any of the those teams are. Def. don't see how we are, however, I don't think the Packers are over rated, and I am curious to see if the niners can do better on offense while keeping their turnover ratio the same if not better. But I don't think any of the teams are over rated.

Bengals78
07-11-2012, 10:14 PM
I am guessing no. I don't think any of the those teams are. Def. don't see how we are, however, I don't think the Packers are over rated, and I am curious to see if the niners can do better on offense while keeping their turnover ratio the same if not better. But I don't think any of the teams are over rated.

Did you read this thread?

WCH
07-12-2012, 12:18 AM

Right. Nobody worth listening to is expecting another 15-1 season. That type of year is basically a fluke. I'm predicting 12-14 wins and a stressful division race.

The Packers are still basically the exact same team they were last season, except they're a year older. My only concern (besides the Lions and Bears) is Rodgers hitting his head again. They're one bad play away from having to start Graham Harrell or BJ Coleman (if you're reading this Ted Thompson, please trade for Colt McCoy).

Bulldogs
07-12-2012, 12:28 AM
This thread reminds me of how much I missed Thumper.

Brodeur
07-12-2012, 12:30 AM

He's never been gone Bulldogs, and he never will be. He's like the little engine that could, finding new ways each and every time and never failing to come back.

Rosebud
07-12-2012, 01:14 AM

This is a truth fact. Who, but he, could possibly correct my misinformed opinion that the Giants were obviously the greatest team in the history of Sport.

Giantsfan1080
07-12-2012, 06:48 AM
This is a truth fact. Who, but he, could possibly correct my misinformed opinion that the Giants were obviously the greatest team in the history of Sport.

Well I know of only one peson besides Thumper. JBCX of course.

Maybe This Year Mayhew
07-12-2012, 08:36 AM
Right. Nobody worth listening to is expecting another 15-1 season. That type of year is basically a fluke. I'm predicting 12-14 wins and a stressful division race.

The Packers are still basically the exact same team they were last season, except they're a year older. My only concern (besides the Lions and Bears) is Rodgers hitting his head again. They're one bad play away from having to start Graham Harrell or BJ Coleman (if you're reading this Ted Thompson, please trade for Colt McCoy).

12-14 overrates them. 14-2, 15-1 same thing, slam dunk division title. 10-13 range for the Packers with the ability to lose the division. 12-4 still probably doesn't lose the division just causes heartburn if Lions or Bears are 12-4 or 11-5. Lions,Bears,Packers all have a really good shot to win the division. Heart burn division race that the Packers definitely win is still overrating them.

vidae
07-12-2012, 09:01 AM

No, but I do think the Bengals are GROSSLY OVERRATED!

Razor
07-12-2012, 10:17 AM
I feel like this post supports my previous claims regarding 49er fans.

if we would have beaten the giants, we would have mercy ruled the patriots. no doubt in my mind.

on another not.. listen up.

HEAR YE, HEAR YE.. If you are to defend the 49ers in any way shape or form, you will be labeled a flaming homer. that is all.
I guess we're going to find out this fall. Bring it, *****.

YAYareaRB
07-12-2012, 10:30 AM
well at least somebody is reading my posts.

A Perfect Score
07-12-2012, 11:15 AM

Not only are they overrated, but their fans are IDEA STEALING PROSTITUTES!

Bengals78
07-12-2012, 11:48 AM
Not only are they overrated, but their fans are IDEA STEALING PROSTITUTES!

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs1/1482681_o.gif

Bengals78
07-12-2012, 11:50 AM

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs1/3033732_o.gif

Im replying in gif form today apparently

vidae
07-12-2012, 11:57 AM
God I love that movie. He is amazing in it.

vidae
07-12-2012, 11:57 AM
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs1/3033732_o.gif

Im replying in gif form today apparently

Words, and gifs, hurt. :(

G Mobile
07-12-2012, 05:54 PM
As a Ravens fan I believe we are equally overrated and underrated. Losing Suggs hurts and yes Ray and Reed are another year older but there is still a lot of talent on this team. Were not top elite but we will still be contenders. Too many people consider us boom or bust.

Chiefs are getting slightly overrated, although its only on here. They look good on paper talent wise but I would easily take a Manning lead Broncos over a Cassel lead Chiefs. They have a lot to look forward to but I dont see them as a top team this year.