PDA

View Full Version : Dez Bryant Arrested

Hines
07-16-2012, 07:13 PM
Not sure if thread worthy, but he is in trouble once again. What's the suspension looking like now?

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/225017933712211969

Giantsfan1080
07-16-2012, 07:15 PM
Another guy who's talent will never fully be realized since he's a 5 cent head.

tjsunstein
07-16-2012, 07:20 PM
He has to grow up, man. He's got so much potential.

Hines
07-16-2012, 07:21 PM
He and Talib must be brothers or something since they like to get in fights with family.

D-Unit
07-16-2012, 07:27 PM
Well, he's gonna be a steal in fantasy football now. Should go several rounds lower than he should.

Splat
07-16-2012, 07:29 PM
He has to grow up, man. He's got so much potential.

Someone telling him to grow is probably what started the fight.

SuperPacker
07-16-2012, 07:36 PM
Just drafted him for my FF team. **** you, Dez Bryant!

bigbluedefense
07-16-2012, 07:39 PM
I don't know if Dez will ever get it. So much potential, but bc he's a complete moron he probably won't ever realize it.

Bert Macklin
07-16-2012, 07:57 PM
That's So Dez :/

Complex
07-16-2012, 08:43 PM

You guys start early. I wait till the final preseason game.

vidae
07-16-2012, 08:49 PM
What. a. clown.

SuperPacker
07-16-2012, 08:58 PM
You guys start early. I wait till the final preseason game.

I try to wait, but i'm too impatient.

Scotty D
07-16-2012, 08:59 PM
Am I the only one who thinks this will have zero impact on Dez this year? It seems like fans overreact to every arrest in the off-season.

D-Unit
07-16-2012, 09:04 PM
Waiting for Goddell to issue a league wide policy for not fighting with your brothers and sisters.

Ness
07-16-2012, 09:13 PM
Wow I thought this was an old thread that got bumped up for some reason. Can't believe he's in trouble again. Dumbass.

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
07-17-2012, 07:47 AM
Why can't football players just stay out of trouble? Last time I assaulted a family member, it was just my little brother when we were fighting as kids. You're a grown ass man, Dez.

bigbluedefense
07-17-2012, 08:46 AM
Family issues aren't as simple as they sound, and they haunt people for a while bc you can't escape family like you can a group of bad friends from the neighborhood. This guy grew up with a lot of family issues, I understand that sometimes these things happen.

He's gotta do a better job of handling it, but I think this might have been blown up to be more than it was.

bigbluedefense
07-17-2012, 08:57 AM
of course you can. there's absolutely nothing magic about family.

Ehhhhhhhh, it's tough man. Extended family yes. But your mom? That's a little different.

K Train
07-17-2012, 09:12 AM
i so disagree. people want to build up family to this super important thing. not speaking to the dez situation, but if your parents are worthless pieces of ****, you owe them nothing, and shouldn't treat them any differently than you would anyone else who acted similarly.

agreed 100%

bigbluedefense
07-17-2012, 09:20 AM
I dunno maaan. A mother is a mother. She gave you life. Even if she didn't do anything else, she still did that.

*shrug*

I just think moms are different. That's just me though.

bigbluedefense
07-17-2012, 09:36 AM
I think it's a fine conversation. I don't think there's a right or wrong answer here, just different perspectives. I can see the other end of it, and I do agree with some of it.

I guess it depends on the individual interaction btw parent and child. Every situation is different.

49erNation85
07-17-2012, 09:43 AM
Dumb players I agree.

Brent
07-17-2012, 09:52 AM
he is in trouble once again
http://jemblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/smh.gif

MidwayMonster31
07-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Michael Schottey ‏@Schottey

Does Hallmark have a "I'm sorry I hit you with a baseball cap" Mother's Day card?I don't get what the context was, but this just makes him look bad.

Giantsfan1080
07-17-2012, 11:42 AM
I think she threw a hat at him and that's why he went after her.

ShutDwn
07-17-2012, 11:58 AM
Money doesn't make players any less stupid. In fact, I bet they've probably counted on making bank once they get to the league they haven't actually learned anything for years.

Dez Bryant will be broke in ten years, he's just that type of idiot.

vidae
07-17-2012, 02:56 PM
Waiting for Goddell to issue a league wide policy for not fighting with your brothers and sisters.

Or beating the **** out of your own mother.

K Train
07-17-2012, 02:58 PM
beating the **** out of your own mother sounds way worse than smacking your cracked out hood rat of a mother with a baseball cap

bigbluedefense
07-17-2012, 03:14 PM
Wait, so what happened? Did he throw a hat at her, or did he hit her and pull her hair?

PackerLegend
07-17-2012, 03:17 PM
I think she threw a hat at him and that's why he went after her.

Thats disrespect son, you betta believe dat ***** got exactly what she deserved....

FlyingElvis
07-17-2012, 03:24 PM
Maybe this was the type of reaction Jeff Ireland was trying to illicit?

I guess Dez wasn't wearing a hat at the combine.

eaglesalltheway
07-17-2012, 03:26 PM
Wait, so what happened? Did he throw a hat at her, or did he hit her and pull her hair?

From what I heard, he pulled her hair and hit her in the face with a hat. That alone is ****** up to do to your own mother, no matter the circumstances, but the fact that during the 911 call she said something to the effect of "she can't handle him doing this anymore". The fact that this is a recurring problem is what bothers me more than anything.

K Train
07-17-2012, 03:33 PM
"i cant handle this anymore" it just makes me lol

she cant even keep the story straight, its shady as hell.

TheFinisher
07-17-2012, 03:50 PM
I think Dez needs to cut off his mom until she gets help. I remember reading that she followed him to Stillwater during college and used to leach off him, the coaches even tried to intervene.

This issue is a lot deeper than most of us can comprehend. Angela Bryant is a drug addict and former prostitute, who now has a millionaire 23 year old son to help support her addiction. Don't pass judgment on how Dez is handling that unless you've dealt with those same issues yourself.

bigbluedefense
07-17-2012, 04:00 PM
Now the question is, does he see a suspension?

Is this considered a first offense?

K Train
07-17-2012, 04:11 PM
I think Dez needs to cut off his mom until she gets help. I remember reading that she followed him to Stillwater during college and used to leach off him, the coaches even tried to intervene.

This issue is a lot deeper than most of us can comprehend. Angela Bryant is a drug addict and former prostitute, who now has a millionaire 23 year old son to help support her addiction. Don't pass judgment on how Dez is handling that unless you've dealt with those same issues yourself.

this this this this this this.

everyone is so quick to say "be a man" sometimes its not that easy when you have a dirty crackhead for a mom. This coming from someone whos mother was a heroin addict and DID cut her loose. Dez doesnt have a good head on his shoulders, mommy doesnt help though.

He apparently threw a hat at his crack head of a mom, of course she is gonna make it seem like he pummeled her into the ground...not to be saying poor dez, but i doubt he just walked in and beat the **** out of his mom

bigbluedefense
07-17-2012, 04:16 PM
And that's why it's so hard to deal with these kind of issues. The son in him can't let her go, but there's only so much you can do.

It must kill him inside. I don't condone what he did either. These situations just suck all around. There's no winners, only losers.

It's tough. I wouldn't wish that situation on anyone.

phlysac
07-18-2012, 12:52 AM
I don't understand what the big deal is. He's a wealthy celebrity, of-sorts, with a crack-head parent. What's the worst that could happen???.....

http://poshbeauty.com/bg/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/bhm04-marvin-gaye.jpg

TACKLE
07-18-2012, 01:37 AM
Cowboys should have asked him if his mom was a prostitute before draft him.

J-Mike88
07-18-2012, 09:59 PM
Never draft a guy like that before they make it to training camp where he'll have more babysitting services available to him like it or not.

Bingo.
She's a joke of a "human being" and Jeff Ireland would have never ever asked him those questions about her if they weren't true.

He's done a good job making it as far as he has coming from her, and his father whatever that situation is......

But he's still a walking time bomb.

wogitalia
07-18-2012, 11:34 PM
Bryant is genuinely stupid here. He needs to grow up fast and start making some good decisions, keeping a crackhead around you as an NFL player really has no positives to it, it just can't end well and he has the resources available to him to do what needs to be done...

He just keeps making moronic choice after moronic choice.

And I don't need to have had a crackhead mother to know that or know what the right choice is, there is a certain point where common sense needs to kick in when you are an adult and for Dez that time was a long time ago now and he just doesn't seem to get it, at all...

Use your brain... sometimes that saying is all you need to sum up a situation.

bigbluedefense
07-19-2012, 07:19 AM
Yeah but it's his mom man! His mom!

I dunno, I don't know if I would have it in me. Nobody is a winner here. It's just a sad sad situation.

K Train
07-19-2012, 08:19 AM
he forgot his shoes at the combine, got kicked out of a mall for having his underwear showing, was late on payments to a few jewelers, got detained at a nightclub when things got too rowdy, and now this which i cant see a way in which she didnt push him to his limits and he smacked her with a HAT...jesus what a rap sheet. I saw a thing on espn asking if we forgive athletes too fast, maybe we crucify them too fast. This is not a big deal, charges will be dropped she needs him and really probably jumped the gun there on calling for his arrest.

WCH
07-19-2012, 08:29 AM
Yeah but it's his mom man! His mom!

I dunno, I don't know if I would have it in me. Nobody is a winner here. It's just a sad sad situation.

I have a very close friend who took the plunge and excommunicated her mom about five years ago, after 20 years of physical and emotional abuse to her and her younger brother. The hardest part was dealing with her good family members (people who were always there for her) who kept telling her "You need to call your mother." I suspect that most of them didn't know the full extent of what she went through, even though they had some idea.

I don't really have a point, here. It's just an anecdote.

bigbluedefense
07-19-2012, 08:35 AM
I have a very close friend who took the plunge and excommunicated her mom about five years ago, after 20 years of physical and emotional abuse to her and her younger brother. The hardest part was dealing with her good family members (people who were always there for her) who kept telling her "You need to call your mother." I suspect that most of them didn't know the full extent of what she went through, even though they had some idea.

I don't really have a point, here. It's just an anecdote.

Yeah I wouldn't wish those circumstances on anybody. Nobody wins. It's unfortunate.

wogitalia
07-19-2012, 10:55 AM
Yeah I wouldn't wish those circumstances on anybody. Nobody wins. It's unfortunate.

Nobody wins as long as he stays in that situation. Dez has the chance to be a massive winner in life if he makes a good choice or continue getting dragged into this kind of thing if he doesn't.

It's his choice but he absolutely can win by getting himself out of this situation. If he chooses not to do that, then he needs to accept responsibility for awful decisions. The sad thing is that him enabling his mother, which is what it sounds like, isn't helping her either.

Rosebud
07-19-2012, 11:05 AM
Cutting your mom out of your life isn't exactly a win. Even if it is better for you than letting her stay in your life.

Rosebud
07-19-2012, 11:18 AM
cutting necrotic, soul-devouring **** out of your life is always a win, no matter who or what it is.

I'm not saying that he shouldn't do that. Because it is better for him, I'm still not going to call it a win though. Not having your mom isn't a win whether it's because she died or because she's such a pathetically terrible human being you had to cut her out of your life.

K Train
07-19-2012, 11:28 AM
Cutting your mom out of your life isn't exactly a win. Even if it is better for you than letting her stay in your life.

it can definitely be a huge win

Rosebud
07-19-2012, 11:44 AM
meh. i again think people massively overrate "family".

Fair enough. And I certainly understand the point that some people, like Dez, are better off without certain family members, like Dez's mom, and absolutely agree with that. It's just calling it a win that doesn't sit right with me.

Ness
07-19-2012, 01:22 PM

As do I....

draftguru151
07-19-2012, 01:41 PM

*hugs njx*

Ron
07-19-2012, 02:10 PM
I thought his character concerns were completely overblown pre-draft but at this point it seems like his critics may have been right.

jrdrylie
07-19-2012, 04:14 PM

Families are extremely important in the determining how you turn out, good or bad. But you are right, if you have a ****** family, get away from it. If Dez doesn't, he's going to end up bankrupt and in jail when he retires.

draftguru151
07-19-2012, 04:38 PM
*runs away*

Rosebud
07-19-2012, 04:59 PM
My issue isn't with him getting his mom out of his life. That seems to clearly be the right decision. My issue was calling that a win. Because even if it is better for you, cutting a ****** parent out of your life sucks.

*runs away*

hahahaha he thinks he can run away...

wogitalia
07-19-2012, 09:23 PM
My issue isn't with him getting his mom out of his life. That seems to clearly be the right decision. My issue was calling that a win. Because even if it is better for you, cutting a ****** parent out of your life sucks.

It's a **** thing to have to do but it can absolutely be a "win" for Dez. Getting rid of his mother isn't why it's a win but people just attach far too much importance on that element of it, what he is getting rid of isn't a mother, she isn't caring for him, providing for him or assisting his development, he is getting rid of a leech who is bringing him down.

People place too much emphasis on the biological side of it instead of focusing on the behavioural side of it, sure she is his mother biologically but she sure hasn't acted like it for the majority of his life (if the reports are to be believed). It's like an adopted kid, his mother and father have no biological attachment but they are the mother and father through their actions.

Getting rid of a negative influence can be just as important as having a positive influence. The old addition by subtraction theory.

Dez just needs to make the right decision here and not let the fact that she pushed him out influence that, he needs to assess if she is a good person to have involved in his life, if he thinks she is then he should keep her around but if the media reports are to be believed he shouldn't for his own good. There comes a point in your life where you need to look after yourself, it comes earlier for those in bad families, Dez has a great chance to be a real winner in life but as long as he keeps associating with losers they will drag him down to their level and he wont stand a chance.

Family is great if you have a good one, most of us are probably lucky enough to have that, but family isn't good because it is family and when family is bad you absolutely should be doing what you can to get away from it.