PDA

View Full Version : Mock Draft Magic (Pre-Season)

Master Exploder
07-18-2012, 07:27 AM
Alright guys, after receiving numerous requests, (Yeah, right.) I have decided to release my first attempt at mocking the 2013 NFL draft. I decided to keep it to the top 20 draft picks for right now. The order is based off of my own personal projections, so don't get upset about it. As always, I'm looking for some quality feedback. Let me know what you guys think!

01. Minnesota Vikings - Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah

02. Miami Dolphins - Robert Woods, WR, U.S.C.

03. Indianapolis Colts - Barkevious Mingo, OLB, L.S.U.

04. St. Louis Rams (WAS) - Keenan Allen, WR, California

05. Buffalo Bills - Matt Barkley, QB, U.S.C.

06. Oakland Raiders - Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas

07. Jacksonville Jaguars - David Amerson, CB, N.C. State

08. Arizona Cardinals - Logan Thomas, QB, Virginia Tech

09. Seattle Seahawks - Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State

10. Cleveland Browns - Eric Reid, FS, L.S.U.

11. St. Louis Rams - Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M

12. Tennessee Titans - Sam Montgomery, DE, L.S.U.

13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Manti Te'o, ILB, Notre Dame

14. Cincinnati Bengals - Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina

15. Carolina Panthers - Kawann Short, DT, Purdue

16. San Diego Chargers - Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State

17. Kansas City Chiefs - Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia

18. New Orleans Saints - Jackson Jeffcoat, DE, Texas

19. Chicago Bears - Chris Faulk, OT, L.S.U.

20. Detroit Lions - Barrett Jones, OT/OG/C, Alabama

vidae
07-18-2012, 12:55 PM
OLB isn't a need at this point for KC. Justin Houston and Tamba Hali are manning the outside. I'd suggest next best QB or maybe the top ILB on the board.

This team doesn't have a ton of holes, so it's hard to mock for them right now, but OLB is definitely not one of those holes.

K Train
07-18-2012, 01:23 PM
why not just finish the last 12? lol

Master Exploder
07-18-2012, 02:26 PM
why not just finish the last 12? lol

At this point, I really don't feel comfortable with my knowledge of enough prospects to do a full mock. I gotta' see more footage and better my evaluations on a lot of the 1st-2nd round guys. I haven't really been on my game this summer and I'm largely just going off of last years memory. My focus has really just been on the QB's at this point.

Master Exploder
07-18-2012, 02:31 PM
OLB isn't a need at this point for KC. Justin Houston and Tamba Hali are manning the outside. I'd suggest next best QB or maybe the top ILB on the board.

This team doesn't have a ton of holes, so it's hard to mock for them right now, but OLB is definitely not one of those holes.

Well, Justin Houston certainly played well for a rookie, but I kinda' took the BPA approach and it's hard to go wrong with more pass rushers. I think Aaron Murray would be a great option, but I think he'll get knocked out of 1st round contention when he measures in at a hair under 6 feet and I need to see more of Tyler Bray, but I'm not comfortable with the rest of the crop.

vidae
07-18-2012, 03:51 PM
Tyler Bray is my dude. I'd love him in KC.

CJSchneider
07-18-2012, 04:21 PM
I'm a Saints fan. Hurry with the rest so I can tell you what I think.

K Train
07-18-2012, 06:39 PM
At this point, I really don't feel comfortable with my knowledge of enough prospects to do a full mock. I gotta' see more footage and better my evaluations on a lot of the 1st-2nd round guys. I haven't really been on my game this summer and I'm largely just going off of last years memory. My focus has really just been on the QB's at this point.

just give it a shot, it wont hurt...you know as much as anyone at this point

Knicks and Bucs
07-18-2012, 09:40 PM
Id take Jarvis Jones over Manto Teo. He is the better lb'er and can stop the run better and create more of a passrush. A better version of Connor Barwin IMO.

Taber21
07-18-2012, 10:17 PM
If Minnesota is the worst team in the league, I can't imagine them picking a DT at #1. Ponder will have to fail miserably in order to pick #1, at which point a QB would have to get some consideration. If they want to give him another year to see what he can do, I would expect them to do whatever it took to surround him with weapons.

redbills
07-19-2012, 10:37 AM
Picking 5th Mario,Dareus, Kyle, Byrd, Fred, Stevie, Spiller, Fitz, all must have been placed on IR week 2 tbh (not saying we should be picking 32nd) since we have one of the easiest schedules. IF we do pick that high I can see us going QB.

Knicks and Bucs
07-19-2012, 03:25 PM
I take it you hate the vikings. Star Lotulelei is nowhere near a top pick or even top five. The guy is not special in anyway. Average DT.