PDA

View Full Version : Friends Mafia - GAME THREAD - Town Wins

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

jrdrylie
07-25-2012, 05:10 PM
The Saturday night game was a completely different animal because there were no watchers or investigators so the strategy of doing the fake frame works better.

fenikz
I know this is always brought up against me as a joke but JBond is still alive he is most likely evil

Gay Ork Wang
yea no one knew this though

CJSchneider
07-25-2012, 05:13 PM
With two millers gone, how many do we think are left?

Gay Ork Wang
07-25-2012, 05:14 PM
With two millers gone, how many do we think are left?
i doubt there is more than one.

fenikz
07-25-2012, 05:15 PM
3 seems like too many

and investigators/watchers/etc stop sucking

jrdrylie
07-25-2012, 05:19 PM
I would bet there are only two millers total.

Gay Ork Wang
07-25-2012, 05:23 PM
to be honest, watchers and trackers are usually not THAT successful the first few days. investigators should come out as soon as they find a bad guy. i also feel like as soon as they get to 3 people confirmed as good, they should most likely come out if no one else had info.

just saying.

Brothgar
07-25-2012, 05:33 PM
Ok so votes from

Dr. Gonzo

BB, Renji, Shane, Broth, Vidae, UKFan

McGee,

Kill, Ngata, Todd, Rufus.

Don't know if that means anything.

Shane P. Hallam
07-25-2012, 05:33 PM
so yea SK and mafia def targeted the same people night 1

Think this is clear. Once again, JDR's comment about "clearing vidae" doesn't sit with me well. Not saying vidae is bad, but no one is cleared as mafia or the SK at this point based on who they chose to kill.

Gay Ork Wang
07-25-2012, 05:38 PM
snitcho bantx kill and sbh still have to post right?

UKfan
07-25-2012, 05:39 PM
I need to head off but from catching up, I agree with the sentiment about jr's "clearing" of Vidae was a bit fishy.

Vote: jr

jrdrylie
07-25-2012, 05:52 PM
Okay, maybe saying Vidae is cleared was the wrong wording (although we had this discussion when I cleared Renji a few games ago). What I meant was that I had some suspicions about Vidae possibly being Mafia. Not strong ones, but suspicious all the same. With the death of Gonzo presumably at the hands of the mafia, I think that clears him of being mafia. I suppose he could be the serial killer, but I don't know.

Gay Ork Wang
07-25-2012, 05:57 PM
Okay, maybe saying Vidae is cleared was the wrong wording (although we had this discussion when I cleared Renji a few games ago). What I meant was that I had some suspicions about Vidae possibly being Mafia. Not strong ones, but suspicious all the same. With the death of Gonzo presumably at the hands of the mafia, I think that clears him of being mafia. I suppose he could be the serial killer, but I don't know.
it still doesnt make sense and your arguments are terrible. Hell i would kill gonzo and just blame a frame job. At this point it really doesnt matter who you kill you can always argue each side. Doesnt tell us a whole lot. It is not like Gonzo is loved in mafia games.

vidae
07-25-2012, 05:58 PM
I argue with Gonzo every single game, so I don't really see that as anything out of the ordinary. A Gonzo v. Shane or Gonzo v. vidae argument is as common as D-Unit getting modkilled for role revealing or for someone saying reveal yourself!

BeerBaron
07-25-2012, 05:59 PM
That is because CJ has been made special assistant to a new Principal, helping his wife move into a new classroom, and it is 2 weeks until the start of school, meaning my summer is over.

Two weeks? That's awfully early...now I'm suspicious of your school distract. Class in August? No bueno.

It wouldn't be unheard of for someone to kill a person who is suspicious of them then claim it as an obvious frame attempt. I mean hell, that's all Grizz did as SK during the Sesame Street game. Kill people who were quietly suspicious of him. It wouldn't be a ridiculous stretch to believe the mafia capable of it either. I don't think vidae (or anyone at this point) is anything close to "cleared" yet.

ImBrotherCain
07-25-2012, 06:00 PM
I argue with Gonzo every single game, so I don't really see that as anything out of the ordinary. A Gonzo v. Shane or Gonzo v. vidae argument is as common as D-Unit getting modkilled for role revealing or for someone saying reveal yourself!

I think its strange that JR used it to "clear" you. I just doesn't sit right with me.

vidae
07-25-2012, 06:02 PM
Well I can tell you that I did not kill Gonzo and I have no inside discussion or affiliation with JR himself.

I'd love it if I were cleared, because I'm 100% good and only trying to help the town win, but I don't for a second think I, or anyone else for that matter, should be cleared yet.

Remember, it's still early, we have a lot of game left.

ImBrotherCain
07-25-2012, 06:02 PM
It wouldn't be unheard of for someone to kill a person who is suspicious of them then claim it as an obvious frame attempt. I mean hell, that's all Grizz did as SK during the Sesame Street game. Kill people who were quietly suspicious of him. It wouldn't be a ridiculous stretch to believe the mafia capable of it either. I don't think vidae (or anyone at this point) is anything close to "cleared" yet.

It is also not unheard of a Mafia member to attach themselves to a good person "vouching" for a good person in an attempt to appear good themselves.

Which is what I think JR might be doing.

vidae
07-25-2012, 06:04 PM
It is also not unheard of a Mafia member to attach themselves to a good person "vouching" for a good person in an attempt to appear good themselves.

Yeah, I do that all the time. It never works. I could see JR maybe trying that, but I also feel like he knows all about that tactic and I'm not entirely sure how quick he'd be to use it.

I dunno. You're all suspicious to me still, so maybe I'm overthinking it.

Gay Ork Wang
07-25-2012, 06:05 PM
overthinking is a reason why these game are so slooooow

jrdrylie
07-25-2012, 06:05 PM

I am a good person standing up for a person I feel is good.

ImBrotherCain
07-25-2012, 06:06 PM
Well we are getting no where with this and I am unsure of how much time I can devote to this tonight so I will be going with my gut feeling.

Vote: JRD

SuperPacker
07-25-2012, 06:08 PM
Vote Count:

JR (3) - GOW, UK, IBC

With 18 alive, 10 is needed for a majority.

Gay Ork Wang
07-25-2012, 06:15 PM
could be bulldogs silenced

sbh15
07-25-2012, 06:15 PM
just caught up. think that unless someone comes out with information, broth and jrdrylie are the top two people for suspicions, followed by Shane -- someone mentioned he hasn't been leading the discussion like usual which I found very interesting. but I'll say it again; when Broth tried to jump on that JRD lynch (that Shane tried to start) it just didn't look right to me. my guess is that one of the two is mafia

I also think that glossing over the suspicions of a dead player is not necessarily a good idea. this is another Vizzini situation, but at this point I almost look at thinking the 'there is no way they'd be stupid enough to do that' as the perfect defense - it is exactly why they WOULD go that route.

sorry if this is poorly written I'm a little spaced out right now

Gay Ork Wang
07-25-2012, 06:17 PM
i think deciding between jr and broth would be the most logical thing to do. Im going to sleep.

jrdrylie
07-25-2012, 06:20 PM
It is imperative that we lynch a bad guy or serial killer today. If not, we go down 6 town aligned players to zero against town players. Then the night phase hits and we lose one, possibly two more good guys. So we'll be down 7-1 or 8-0 and be in a terrible spot.

This lynch train definitely needs to come to a stop or the town is screwed. Not that I am a powerful member of town but from a purely numbers perspective.

Todd Bertuzzi
07-25-2012, 06:26 PM
I have hockey so I'll be gone untill about 11.

I'm still not sold on Jrd mostly because of what happened last game. I can see the basis for the suspicions on him and broth though but I'll hold my vote until I get back and I can look more into things.

CJSchneider
07-25-2012, 06:28 PM
Two weeks? That's awfully early...now I'm suspicious of your school distract. Class in August? No bueno.

First mandatory day back for teachers in August 9th. Keep in mind I teach a program where I have to get to school two weeks early to order kits so they get there within the first week or two of school, I am the athletic coordinator for a 700 student middle school, and I am doing the job of an assistant principal for my new boss as our Superintendent has yet to assign one to my school.

You remember that commercial where they say there is no off season.
The same thing applies to teaching in many ways.

Todd Bertuzzi
07-25-2012, 06:28 PM
We still haven't heard from bulldogs, snicho, ngata, d, etc... Unless I missed them posting.

jrdrylie
07-25-2012, 06:34 PM
We still haven't heard from bulldogs, snicho, ngata, d, etc... Unless I missed them posting.

Snicho is probably just waking up, Bulldogs is posting elsewhere (silenced?), ngata and d should contribute soon I hope.

CJSchneider
07-25-2012, 06:53 PM
Did i miss something? What evidence is there for BD being silenced as opposed to just laying low or not giving a damn?

BeerBaron
07-25-2012, 06:55 PM
Did i miss something? What evidence is there for BD being silenced as opposed to just laying low or not giving a damn?

Well, I know for a fact that there is a silencer in the game. Beyond that, I'm not sure if additional evidence exists.

jrdrylie
07-25-2012, 06:56 PM

The only evidence we have that there even is a silencer is BB saying that he was silenced. It could be a mafia ploy to each day say one of them is silenced.

CJSchneider
07-25-2012, 06:59 PM
Well, I know for a fact that there is a silencer in the game. Beyond that, I'm not sure if additional evidence exists.

Because you were silenced?

BeerBaron
07-25-2012, 07:00 PM
Because you were silenced?

Yes. Hence me not posting yesterday.

jrdrylie
07-25-2012, 07:04 PM
Hey guys, my brother is taking me out for a birthday dinner so I will be out for an indeterminate amount of time. Don't lynch me. I'm good.

Snicho
07-25-2012, 07:17 PM
Okay, awake, and just caught up. I'm not sure about the JRD situation, he hasnt striked me as being too suspicious yet, but I think the pressure on him is good. Broth, definitely has been acting differently, and is someone I think we should definitely keep in mind.

BB coming out with his silencer theory, and saying he was the one silenced, I think I can believe for now, and we should definitely keep an eye out for someone who doesnt speak today.

As for me being suspicious, which a few people have said, I think its always better to seem a tad suspicious then not at all.

In saying all that,

Vote Broth

bantx
07-25-2012, 08:51 PM
Killswitch has been on my suspicion list since day one.

We got absolutely no information from all these killings? Wouldn't it be wise to give us some direction to these killings? I feel as if we've gotten no where while we slowly get killed off.

SuperPacker
07-25-2012, 09:00 PM
Vote Count:

JR (4) - GOW, UK, IBC, Todd
broth (1) - Snicho

Todd Bertuzzi
07-25-2012, 09:26 PM
Just got home and it looks like nothing's really happened...

I will say I don't like the way Jrd is not only assuming a silencer exists so easily but he also singled out bd out of that list for some reason not known. I feel like he might know more than he's letting on and since silencer would make no sense as a town aligned role...

Vote[/[B]B]: jrdrylie

Brothgar
07-25-2012, 09:27 PM
OK guys I guess here it begins.

I'm most suspicious of UK, Kill, and those who should be dead my now Fenikz Shane Renji and Vidae.

Obviously not all of them are evil. I'd honestly doubt if half of them are.

I had some gut feelings on JR before not that I think he is clear by any stretch but I believe him more now than I did day 1.

killxswitch
07-25-2012, 09:29 PM
As I stated several pages ago, I think we need to look at either JR or Broth next. But based on his posting I would prefer to lynch Broth. If others are confident about JR I will change my vote to him but the initial failed lynch train on JR early still doesn't sit well with me.

vote: broth

SuperPacker
07-25-2012, 09:32 PM
Vote Count:

broth (2) - Snicho, Kill

vidae
07-25-2012, 09:34 PM
I think, between the two, that broth is more likely to be evil. I'm not sure what to make of JR.. he could be playing us but I just don't know. I still don't really like how CJ has been playing either, but I'm far less suspicious of him than Broth.

Brothgar
07-25-2012, 09:35 PM
As I stated several pages ago, I think we need to look at either JR or Broth next. But based on his posting I would prefer to lynch Broth. If others are confident about JR I will change my vote to him but the initial failed lynch train on JR early still doesn't sit well with me.

Nice I call you suspicious then you vote for me. Coincidence?

killxswitch
07-25-2012, 09:41 PM
Nice I call you suspicious then you vote for me. Coincidence?

I was typing when you posted. And I posted several pages ago that I thought you were suspicious. So not a coincidence. I'm just staying consistent and you are suspicious.

jrdrylie
07-25-2012, 09:44 PM

I will say I don't like the way Jrd is not only assuming a silencer exists so easily but he also singled out bd out of that list for some reason not known. I feel like he might know more than he's letting on and since silencer would make no sense as a town aligned role...

Okay I'm back and this is the most ridiculous thing ever.

First off, I'm not the only one assuming there is a silencer. BB is saying there is one and it makes sense because he didn't talk during day two. However, I also stated that it is possible that it could be a mafia ploy for one member to pretend to be silenced.

As for why I singled out BD, I said Snicho was probably just waking up since it was 9:30 in Australia. I saw that BD was posting elsewhere so I said (possibly silenced?) NOt exactly singling him out, just saying that of the people who had not posted, he was the most likely if there is a silencer.

Brothgar
07-25-2012, 09:45 PM
People are going to the one hop on the lynch train on JR. To you I say look at EVERY time I've been mafia how many times have I jumped on a lynch train early unless of course they either were mafia or I knew they were going to look as mafia. Of course none of you are going to look it up so I'll help you I've done it once that I can remember. That is not how I play as mafia.

killxswitch
07-25-2012, 09:47 PM
People are going to the one hop on the lynch train on JR. .

What does this "sentence" mean?

Shane P. Hallam
07-25-2012, 09:53 PM
First mandatory day back for teachers in August 9th. Keep in mind I teach a program where I have to get to school two weeks early to order kits so they get there within the first week or two of school, I am the athletic coordinator for a 700 student middle school, and I am doing the job of an assistant principal for my new boss as our Superintendent has yet to assign one to my school.

You remember that commercial where they say there is no off season.
The same thing applies to teaching in many ways.

Teachers have to go back August 9th? I am August 23rd, haha.

Anyway, I just had the longest fantasy draft of my life. After reading through the thread, I am suspicious of both broth/JDR. Broth's most recent post seems like a big deflection though of "trying to defend the other guy" so that broth looks good. Add on "Hey, I'm not playing how I do when I'm evil!" is what they all say. It wouldn't surprise me if broth was evil and drylie was good.

People are going to the one hop on the lynch train on JR. To you I say look at EVERY time I've been mafia how many times have I jumped on a lynch train early unless of course they either were mafia or I knew they were going to look as mafia. Of course none of you are going to look it up so I'll help you I've done it once that I can remember. That is not how I play as mafia.

Vote: broth

jrdrylie
07-25-2012, 09:54 PM
Teachers have to go back August 9th? I am August 23rd, haha.

Anyway, I just had the longest fantasy draft of my life. After reading through the thread, I am suspicious of both broth/JDR. Broth's most recent post seems like a big deflection though of "trying to defend the other guy" so that broth looks good. Add on "Hey, I'm not playing how I do when I'm evil!" is what they all say. It wouldn't surprise me if broth was evil and drylie was good.

Vote: broth

FWIW, this wouldn't surprise me either.

CJSchneider
07-25-2012, 09:54 PM
What does this "sentence" mean?

It should be followed by this " Right foot let's stomp.
Left foot let's stomp. Cha Cha real smooth."

SuperPacker
07-25-2012, 09:55 PM
Vote Count:

broth (3) - Snicho, Kill, Shane

Shane P. Hallam

Yeah, I know I hopped on you earlier, and it was a suspicion of mine, but I am backing down a bit. My eye is still on ya though. Another post coming that I find interesting...

Shane P. Hallam

I don't quite understand? Todd's high on my list and I could be swayed to vote for him too, or at least request he be looked at in the next few nights by someone. Doesn't sit right with me...

killxswitch
07-25-2012, 09:57 PM

If you turn out good, or if the lynch vote swings to broth like I think it should, it will be very interesting to look back at those that voted for you. I am still wary of you but I think broth is the right call.

Also how the **** are we this far into the game and the investigators/watchers have nothing good to say.

Shane P. Hallam
07-25-2012, 09:59 PM
If you turn out good, or if the lynch vote swings to broth like I think it should, it will be very interesting to look back at those that voted for you. I am still wary of you but I think broth is the right call.

Also how the **** are we this far into the game and the investigators/watchers have nothing good to say.

I just think they have to be more careful due to losing protector AND jailkeep. That has to be it for protection, or pretty close unless there is a JOaT (did I abbreviate that right?). Anyway, unless they get an evil result, I'd say keep quiet.

Todd Bertuzzi
07-25-2012, 10:00 PM
It was just too specific for me. I feel like the fact he just assumed a silencer exists and then couple that with the fact he singled out bd(though I see his reasoning in that case) could have been a slip up and he knows more than he's letting on. I have been airing my suspicions of shane all game and the way he's deflecting from Jrd here almost makes me think they could both be evil.

jrdrylie
07-25-2012, 10:00 PM
I don't quite understand? Todd's high on my list and I could be swayed to vote for him too, or at least request he be looked at in the next few nights by someone. Doesn't sit right with me...

Todd definitely doesn't sit well with me. Voting for him right after he called me out might look suspicious, but I don't care. I've been looking at him since day one.

Vote Todd

killxswitch
07-25-2012, 10:01 PM
I just think they have to be more careful due to losing protector AND jailkeep. That has to be it for protection, or pretty close unless there is a JOaT (did I abbreviate that right?). Anyway, unless they get an evil result, I'd say keep quiet.

I understand being cautious but the town's dropping like flies and no one is even strongly hinting at anybody.

Shane P. Hallam
07-25-2012, 10:02 PM
It was just too specific for me. I feel like the fact he just assumed a silencer exists and then couple that with the fact he singled out bd(though I see his reasoning in that case) could have been a slip up and he knows more than he's letting on. I have been airing my suspicions of shane all game and the way he's deflecting from Jrd here almost makes me think they could both be evil.

Yes, I was the first one to call out JDR and actually went after him pretty strongly. Good luck convincing everyone of that one, lol.

sbh15
07-25-2012, 10:02 PM
well JR/Broth is pretty much going to be a coin flip... I think broth is a better candidate, though. Todd is slowly crawling up there, as well, for the same reasons Shane said. plus I can't shake that he was right at the top of McGee's list before he died.

for now, though, I think broth is really holding back. jrdrylie is still contributing suspicions and ideas, and it seems without hesitation. I don't know if a mafia player would be quite so comfortably doing that

vote: broth

SuperPacker
07-25-2012, 10:05 PM
Vote Count:

broth (5) - Snicho, Kill, Shane, sbh, bantx
Todd (1) - JR

bantx
07-25-2012, 10:06 PM
broth has been playing a little weird I wasn't picking up on that since I've been swamped at work, but if we can agree on Broth I'm for it. I just hate how we're playing blind with a lot of people dying without protector and jailkeep.

Vote: Broth

jrdrylie
07-25-2012, 10:09 PM
After losing a protector, I know power roles are hesitant to come out. But if you have information that broth is good, I think it needs to come out. Like I said earlier, we can't afford to be wrong with this lynch.

Todd Bertuzzi
07-25-2012, 10:10 PM
Yes, I was the first one to call out JDR and actually went after him pretty strongly. Good luck convincing everyone of that one, lol.

Because two mafia have never gone after each other to distance themselves...

You haven't been playing like normal town aligned Shane and I'm pretty confident you're evil.

Shane P. Hallam
07-25-2012, 10:11 PM
Because two mafia have never gone after each other to distance themselves...

You haven't been playing like normal town aligned Shane and I'm pretty confident you're evil.

I see you haven't done your homework. Conversation over, the truth will prevail.

Ngatachance92
07-25-2012, 10:16 PM
I figured Janice would be the Epitome of evil, but if SP made the mafia only Ross and Rachels love interests it makes sense to only make her appear evil.

The towns power roles are really lacking this game leaving us in the dark.... If nothing else hopefully they get lucky tonight.

JR. says day one that he fears being lynched due to this play style, in the Community Game that was the case, but the fact he was lynched had more to do with Vidae as a flawed investigator.

I'm not quite sure about Broth, could just be Broth being Broth, but when we don't have any info, being Broth might be enough to get you killed.

BB being silenced makes sense seing as how this is SP's first rodeo and the first games he played in did have a silencer.

Todds another one that is hard to gauge his play style because he always plays suspiciously.

As for Shane, he might be still alive because of the fact that everyone tries to kill him... That was poor Omars downfall in The Wire game.

Those are my thoughts for now.

vidae
07-25-2012, 10:28 PM
I'm going to go with Broth as well. I'm still a little wary of CJ, and I'm not sure what to think about Shane, but Broth gives me the evil vibe a lot more than JR does.

vote : Broth

Brothgar
07-25-2012, 10:29 PM
Ok time to role reveal

I'm a tracker

JR didn't do anything night 1 (doesn't mean he is good he could be shield/godfather)

Gonzo obviously didn't do anything night 2.

Discuss

vidae
07-25-2012, 10:30 PM
I don't know how much I believe you atm if I'm being honest.

SuperPacker
07-25-2012, 10:30 PM
Vote Count:

broth (6) - Snicho, Kill, Shane, sbh, bantx, vidae
Todd (1) - JR

vidae
07-25-2012, 10:32 PM
SP, broth didn't vote for himself, I voted for him. Way to broth up the broth vote!

BeerBaron
07-25-2012, 10:35 PM
After losing a protector, I know power roles are hesitant to come out. But if you have information that broth is good, I think it needs to come out. Like I said earlier, we can't afford to be wrong with this lynch.

I try to come up with reasons why I don't think you're evil, but you dig yourself in deeper with things like this.

One, I don't think things are as dire as you make them out to be. There have been games worse than this where the town still rallied to win. We just need to find that first thread and an investigator can help us do that.

Two, outing yourself to defend a single possible townie right now would be a poor move. I'm of the school of thought where you don't come out until you have someone evil. Getting that first evil person usually leads to connections being made, and within a few days, you've got the mafia on the ropes.

You have the most posts by a wide margin (not typically something a mafia member does) and I'm getting more of a "needs to think what he's saying through" vibe from you than one telling me you're evil.

SuperPacker
vidae has been modkilled.

Jk.

D-Unit
I'm hesitant to jump on the broth lynch wagon. I agree with JDR that we can't afford to be wrong with this. The reasons for voting broth are based on pretty weak hunches too. I'm more inclined to look at those voting for him quite honestly, as they are using "broth being broth" as the reason why we should lynch him. That's a cop out reason, imo.

Especially don't like how shane, sbh and bantx jumped on so quickly.

Do we really not have any info from last night's actions yet? This is Day 3 and there is nothing so far. Kinda nuts.

BeerBaron
07-25-2012, 10:37 PM
Well with D posting, I think this confirms Bulldogs as the silenced person today.

vidae
07-25-2012, 10:39 PM
Dude SP, I read that and almost **** myself. Not cool man, not cool!

D-Unit
07-25-2012, 10:42 PM
Well with D posting, I think this confirms Bulldogs as the silenced person today.
I actually posted as Day 3 opened, but I left work half day and have been trying to sleep of this head ache.

killxswitch
07-25-2012, 10:44 PM
I'm not buying broth's Tracker claim. Two bland supposed actions and it wasn't really THAT close yet that he needed to role reveal.

jrdrylie
07-25-2012, 10:46 PM
I'm not buying broth's Tracker claim.

Well, he's correct that I did nothing day one so he is right about that.

SuperPacker
07-25-2012, 10:47 PM
Sorry vidae :(

I'm going to bed (need to wake up in three hours), can someone close the thread if we reach a majority. Thank you.

BeerBaron
07-25-2012, 10:47 PM
I'm not buying broth's Tracker claim. Two bland supposed actions and it wasn't really THAT close yet that he needed to role reveal.

The trouble is do we really want to risk a power role? Granted, Tracker isn't the strongest thing around but it could end up helping.

Evidence against him isn't great either.

sbh15
07-25-2012, 10:49 PM
well I'm going to give broth a chance for now. if he is a tracker, we seriously can't risk that. not to say I've given him a pass, but if he is mafia, I think we'll figure it out sooner than later

unvote: broth

killxswitch
07-25-2012, 10:49 PM
The trouble is do we really want to risk a power role? Granted, Tracker isn't the strongest thing around but it could end up helping.

Evidence against him isn't great either.

True. And it would suck to lose another good role. I am not convinced that there is a better lynch candidate though. JR? Shane? Todd?

Snicho
07-25-2012, 10:50 PM
With Broth coming out there is no way that we can prove he is lying unless the actual tracker comes out... Ill change my vote for now so we can further discuss this.

D-Unit
07-25-2012, 10:57 PM
Well, he's correct that I did nothing day one so he is right about that.
This is good enough for me to believe in broth's claims so far.

killxswitch
07-25-2012, 11:00 PM
I suppose the less believable thing would've been for him to claim he tracked two dead players who now can't confirm or deny anything. So who do we go after now? The case against JR just seems thin to me.

D-Unit
07-25-2012, 11:13 PM
I suppose the less believable thing would've been for him to claim he tracked two dead players who now can't confirm or deny anything. So who do we go after now? The case against JR just seems thin to me.
It doesn't have to be between either of them. I'd look at who jumped on the lynch wagon when momentum was building, then jumped right off when it looked like the momentum was put to a halt.

Snicho
07-25-2012, 11:15 PM
This may be farfetched. But, It could be a ploy for broth to try and take attention off both himself and JR. It could just be coincidental. Or they could both be mafia. Broth comes up with being a tracker, half clears JR by saying he didnt do anything, and then says he tracked Gonzo who just happened to die that night. I dunno if im believe him completely but Ill let it slide for now.

vidae
07-25-2012, 11:16 PM
JR COULD be evil, but I don't see it personally. I also don't fully buy what broth is selling. I think he might by lying, but at least it's better than claiming Protector.

Brothgar
07-25-2012, 11:21 PM
OK so I jump on his lynch train ... that makes me evil. Now I come out as a tracker and I track the guy I voted for day 1. That means I'm covering for him. Great logic.

Brothgar
07-25-2012, 11:23 PM
I can't tell if I did too good of a job being Mafia last time or if Evil REALLY wants the town to lynch a tracker.

Shane P. Hallam
07-25-2012, 11:38 PM
Unvote: Broth

Unless someone else who is a tracker comes out and calls BS on broth, I'm def. not taking this type of risk.

Until there is evidence to the contrary, I'm done. I am also surprised vidae thinks broth is still lying.

killxswitch
07-25-2012, 11:46 PM
I guess if no real tracker is going to contradict Broth then he'll get away with it.

Now what?

Brothgar
07-25-2012, 11:48 PM
I guess if no real tracker is going to contradict Broth then he'll get away with it.

Now what?

There is nothing to get away with.

Brothgar
07-25-2012, 11:50 PM
Did Killswitch just broth up?

killxswitch
07-25-2012, 11:53 PM
What are you even talking about. I'm saying I don't trust you but no tracker has come forward to contradict you so I can't reasonably continue to vote for you. But dumb ******** like this makes you look so suspicious.

bantx
07-25-2012, 11:57 PM
I really don't trust Killswitch and he's going at it with Broth pretty hard. I don't know I keep reading and nothing sticks out at all. Broth story bought him some time, so where do we go from here.

Brothgar
07-25-2012, 11:58 PM
You seem mad bro. You mad?

killxswitch
07-26-2012, 12:00 AM
I really don't trust Killswitch and he's going at it with Broth pretty hard. I don't know I keep reading and nothing sticks out at all. Broth story bought him some time, so where do we go from here.

You've said this several times. What don't you trust about me exactly?

Ngatachance92
07-26-2012, 12:04 AM
BD has been posting in the TDKR thread, so I think its safe to say he was silenced.

Brothgar
07-26-2012, 12:43 AM
So some questions and statements
1. can we assume that the people who are being silenced are good?

if so then
BB and BD are both good

2. Broth is a good tracker

vidae
sbh
ngata
JR
Broth
Snicho
GOW
Shane
Todd
fenikz
CJ
IBC
kill
Bulldogs
BB
bantx
UK
D-Unit

This is where we are now.

JR didn't perform a night action night 1 so he is either with the town, the godfather, or a passive role like shield. I think the odds of it are slim.

Brothgar
07-26-2012, 12:58 AM
If we take these assumptions then we have a 1 in 3 chance of getting a Mafia or the SK

Vote count at the height of the broth lynch train

Todd (1) - JR

Deep

Final Vote Count:

Deep (11) - broth, Kill, sbh, Ngata, Shane, CJ, bantx, Mcgee, JR, GOW, vidae
BB (1) - Gonzo
D-Unit (1) - fenikz

With 21 alive, 11 is needed for a majority.

Day 1

No Lynch (12) - CJ, JR, fenikz, Todd, sbh, Ngata, Kill, Bantx, broth, vidae, Rufus, GOW
JR (1) - Shane
UK (1) - Gonzo
Rufus (1) - Mcgee
Gonzo (1) - Snicho

With 23 alive, 12 are needed for a majority.

Shane P. Hallam
07-26-2012, 01:00 AM
I gotta applaud the organization broth. Who do you think is the best option to go after?

Brothgar
07-26-2012, 01:18 AM
If I HAD to pick right now I'd say vidae.

He has been very quiet much more than he usually plays. Except when the heat was on and he tried to play it off like he wasn't mad but the speed of his posts made me think differently. The Superman Theory makes me doubt snicho is evil but it is far from fool proof. But I have to wonder if Kill and vidae would go so hard after me even after the role reveal if they were evil it draws unwanted attention.

vidae
07-26-2012, 01:20 AM
I said why I haven't been posting a lot, I've been babysitting my niece during the day and I don't get a chance to post often.

And I don't get why you'd assume the silenced people are good. How can you assume that? The silencer likely has no idea who other people are, and it probably isn't necessarily a Mafia role either. They're probably firing in the dark.

And you're making stuff up. I'm "going hard" for you? Go re-read my posts. I said that out of the people I suspect, I think you have the highest chance of being evil. That isn't going hard, that's just stating my suspicions. I voted for you once, I didn't try to sway others to my train of thought, and I even said I wasn't 100% sure.

The way you're acting now, especially claiming a power role, is starting to make me believe that you are in fact evil.

Shane P. Hallam
07-26-2012, 01:22 AM
I was going to say Todd and vidae myself.

And do you think the silencer is a town role vidae? THAT seems unlikely. Hmmm, makes me think you may be deflecting all of this a bit.

Vote: vidae

vidae
07-26-2012, 01:24 AM
You're more than welcome to vote for me if you want Shane, but you'll just be killing an innocent person. If you're ok with that, when there are more suspicious people, then that's fine.

You guys can likely win without me too, so I guess next game will have to be the one I survive until the end. :P

Ngatachance92
07-26-2012, 01:26 AM
Has the silencer ever been a town role?

Shane P. Hallam
07-26-2012, 01:26 AM
You're more than welcome to vote for me if you want Shane, but you'll just be killing an innocent person. If you're ok with that, when there are more suspicious people, then that's fine.

One vote does not a lynch make. But you have peculated my suspicion, so I'll cast my vote unless something else ends up sticking out or if you have a good defense like broth did.

Brothgar
07-26-2012, 01:27 AM

You guys can likely win without me too, so I guess next game will have to be the one I survive until the end. :P

Who is more suspicious if you don't count me?

vidae
07-26-2012, 01:27 AM
Has the silencer ever been a town role?

We haven't seen the role a lot, so I don't know.. I was merely pointing out that since we haven't seen it a lot and can't be sure that it is the height of all stupidity to clear someone.

We don't even really know if there IS a silencer. BB and Bulldogs could have planned this out to make a convincing story out of it.

I was merely speculating.

bantx
07-26-2012, 01:28 AM
When i was a silencer i was in mafia in past games

vidae
07-26-2012, 01:28 AM
One vote does not a lynch make. But you have peculated my suspicion, so I'll cast my vote unless something else ends up sticking out or if you have a good defense like broth did.

When you vote, others follow. And moreover, you know that. So you putting a vote in for me right now is not just a single vote and we both know it.

Who is more suspicious if you don't count me?

I said I didn't think JR was suspicious but that I didn't like the way CJ is playing. If it isn't you I'd likely cast my vote for CJ.

Brothgar
07-26-2012, 01:40 AM
What I will say is never in the history of Mafia has the silencer ever been on the town's side. I honestly have no idea who to pick. Vidae was the only one that came to mind right away I'm more than willing to hear what others say but for now I'm going to bed and I have to help someone move tomorrow morning around 8AM so I won't likely be back on til noon or later.

vidae
07-26-2012, 01:42 AM
I said I didn't know if Silencer has ever been a town or neutral role, because I didn't. If that is really what makes me suspicious, so be it, but you will be killing a good member of the town for what really amounts to lack of knowledge about one role we've barely seen.

Anyway, I probably will not be super active tomorrow in the morning and early afternoon as my niece will be here. I hope I'm still alive when I'm able to get on but if I'm the guy you pick then gl the rest of the way guys.

Ngatachance92
07-26-2012, 01:48 AM
This game is just frustrating. Hopefully this is the last day we have to lynch someone based on almost nothing. Hopefully an investigator or a watcher hits on something concrete tonight so we have a clear direction going forward, we lost a protector but I have a strong feeling that there is at least one still running around out there.

Gay Ork Wang
07-26-2012, 04:00 AM
Cornelius Fudge was a neutral silencer but it is not a town aligned role no.

also is no one really curious about fenikz? cause i am.

SuperPacker
07-26-2012, 04:05 AM
Vote Count:

broth (2) - bantx, vidae
Todd (1) - JR
vidae (1) - Shane

ImBrotherCain
07-26-2012, 07:44 AM
So some questions and statements
1. can we assume that the people who are being silenced are good?

if so then
BB and BD are both good

2. Broth is a good tracker

vidae
sbh
ngata
JR
Broth
Snicho
GOW
Shane
Todd
fenikz
CJ
IBC
kill
Bulldogs
BB
bantx
UK
D-Unit

This is where we are now.

JR didn't perform a night action night 1 so he is either with the town, the godfather, or a passive role like shield. I think the odds of it are slim.

Clearing JR, Bulldogs and BB is dumb.

JR may have not done anything but there are more then enough roles to give it doubt.

BeerBaron and Bulldogs have the potential to be good but it still can be a mafia ploy or they can be neutral. So clearing them at this point is premature.

Gay Ork Wang
07-26-2012, 07:56 AM
yea both still could be sks

jrdrylie
07-26-2012, 08:16 AM
Looks like we have two hours until the time limit. After losing six good people, the odds of hitting a mafia member with RR is better but it's still not the best course of action.

BeerBaron
07-26-2012, 08:22 AM
Two hours? Where are you getting that? This day didn't start until after 5:00 yesterday.

jrdrylie
07-26-2012, 08:25 AM
Yeah, you're right. I looked at the wrong death write up. Disregard.

Ngatachance92
07-26-2012, 08:28 AM
It was obviously a mafia ploy to throw us off balance and **** with our heads, Lynch Him!

ImBrotherCain
07-26-2012, 08:43 AM
After Broths investigation of JR I am willing to unvote him.

Looking back though Renji has been playing very much unlike himself.

Vote: Renji

ImBrotherCain
07-26-2012, 09:30 AM
The day I can be active the thread is dead... awesome.

killxswitch
07-26-2012, 09:39 AM
After Broths investigation of JR I am willing to unvote him.

Looking back though Renji has been playing very much unlike himself.

Vote: Renji

That was attributed to him being sick, at least early on.

jrdrylie
07-26-2012, 09:40 AM
If we take these assumptions then we have a 1 in 3 chance of getting a Mafia or the SK

Vote count at the height of the broth lynch train

Todd (1) - JR

Deep

Final Vote Count:

Deep (11) - broth, Kill, sbh, Ngata, Shane, CJ, bantx, Mcgee, JR, GOW, vidae
BB (1) - Gonzo
D-Unit (1) - fenikz

With 21 alive, 11 is needed for a majority.

Day 1

No Lynch (12) - CJ, JR, fenikz, Todd, sbh, Ngata, Kill, Bantx, broth, vidae, Rufus, GOW
JR (1) - Shane
UK (1) - Gonzo
Rufus (1) - Mcgee
Gonzo (1) - Snicho

With 23 alive, 12 are needed for a majority.

To try and spark some conversation, what do you think we can gain from this information? I would imagine there is at least one mafia member was among those 6 voting for broth. So who is the most suspicious of snicho, kill, Shane, sbh, bantx, and Vidae?

killxswitch
07-26-2012, 09:42 AM
Bantx keeps saying I am suspicious but when asked point-blank why he thinks that he ignores it and posts about other stuff. He hasn't been terribly helpful and has mainly posted irrelevant or very obvious observations.

ImBrotherCain
07-26-2012, 09:46 AM
That was attributed to him being sick, at least early on.

Renji hates no lynch... I am sure I can bring up almost a dozen occurrences across different games where he has said such and probably 50+ times total.

He has not attributed to any discussion other than to say we have to say our thoughts and to stop being scared. Then proceeded to tell us to stop over thinking.

Yet he seems to have avoided doing what he is telling all of us to do. Has been on every lynch train. Seems to hop on after someone says something compelling all while he used to rip people for doing the same.

jrdrylie
07-26-2012, 09:53 AM
I think one person who has kind of flown under the radar is sbh. He has 17 posts

3 were joke posts on day one.
4 were posts going after snicho.
1 was a no-lynch vote.
3 were worthless day two posts.
1 was directed at D-Unit
4 were posts saying broth and I are suspicious.
1 was saying he would give broth a chance for now.

So pretty much he is saying enough not to get lynched due to inactivity without actually saying anything. If we are going to lynch one of the six people voting for broth, I think sbh might be the way to go.

killxswitch
07-26-2012, 09:58 AM
In a 23 person game should we expect 5 or 6 mafia members?

jrdrylie
07-26-2012, 10:00 AM
I was thinking 5 and a serial killer.

vidae
07-26-2012, 10:03 AM
I was thinking 5 and a serial killer.

5 and a SK sounds right.

Gay Ork Wang
07-26-2012, 10:29 AM
Renji hates no lynch... I am sure I can bring up almost a dozen occurrences across different games where he has said such and probably 50+ times total.

He has not attributed to any discussion other than to say we have to say our thoughts and to stop being scared. Then proceeded to tell us to stop over thinking.

Yet he seems to have avoided doing what he is telling all of us to do. Has been on every lynch train. Seems to hop on after someone says something compelling all while he used to rip people for doing the same.
meh i voted no lynch cause it was obvious that me arguing would just make another 10 pages and end in an no lynch.

i mean id like to vote for people i think are suspicious but no one seems to really want to really vote so might as well go with the person who has votes and i deem suspicious or at least useless to the town. at this point im gonna stick with jrd. i mean he obviously is neither the tracker nor the watch, investigator, protector. so might as well risk it

killxswitch
07-26-2012, 10:31 AM
meh i voted no lynch cause it was obvious that me arguing would just make another 10 pages and end in an no lynch.

i mean id like to vote for people i think are suspicious but no one seems to really want to really vote so might as well go with the person who has votes and i deem suspicious or at least useless to the town. at this point im gonna stick with jrd. i mean he obviously is neither the tracker nor the watch, investigator, protector. so might as well risk it

I don't like looking at it that way but we are getting nothing done.

vote: JR

jrdrylie
07-26-2012, 10:33 AM

That is a true statement.

sbh15
07-26-2012, 10:53 AM
So pretty much he is saying enough not to get lynched due to inactivity without actually saying anything. If we are going to lynch one of the six people voting for broth, I think sbh might be the way to go.

you really did your best to undersell everything I've said pretty drastically, huh? I won't pretend that I am a top contributor every game, but don't fool yourself. probably about five of my posts didn't have any real purpose. the rest, believe it or not, were made for a reason.

I could just as easily say to you that I think your posting too much so people won't look at you for inactivity, but you aren't actually contributing anything of real value. (edit) not that I think that, but either argument is just silly, in my opinion.

SuperPacker
07-26-2012, 10:58 AM
Vote Count:

JR (5) - GOW, UK, IBC, Todd, Kill
broth (2) - bantx, vidae
Todd (1) - JR
GOW (1) - IBC
vidae (1) - Shane

sbh15
07-26-2012, 11:18 AM
also, after reading through some of this stuff again, I'm almost positive that jrdrylie is good and I would much rather lynch an inactive than him right now. I won't vote just yet, but I'm leaning toward UKFan

CJSchneider
07-26-2012, 11:35 AM
JR, I am in a bit of a free time constraint (I'm actually at work now). What is your rationale for voting for Todd?

jrdrylie
07-26-2012, 11:42 AM
JR, I am in a bit of a free time constraint (I'm actually at work now). What is your rationale for voting for Todd?

I accused him early in the game and his response (or really lack of response) got me taking it seriously. Today's vote for him was another case of trying to get him to talk a bit more.

But he never voted for broth and I think that is where we look when deciding who to lynch today. I'm still deciding which of those is most suspicious to me.

Shane P. Hallam
07-26-2012, 11:52 AM
To try and spark some conversation, what do you think we can gain from this information? I would imagine there is at least one mafia member was among those 6 voting for broth. So who is the most suspicious of snicho, kill, Shane, sbh, bantx, and Vidae?

Weren't you the actual "lynch train" initially? Heck, I went with broth partially because your voting seemed like an easy lynch train for mafia members. Just something to think about.

Also SP, my vote for vidae still stands.

Gay Ork Wang
07-26-2012, 11:55 AM
if it isnt jr im looking at cj

Shane P. Hallam
I'm still wondering why bantx and vidae won't pull their votes off of broth after his reveal. Not worth killing him. No one has gone against him being a tracker yet and if he is a tracker, the mafia will scramble to go after him. Could either be watched to give us results or use watcher as an extra protector of sorts and force the mafia to go another way.

BeerBaron
What reasoning do you have for vidae?

Shane P. Hallam
07-26-2012, 11:56 AM
if it isnt jr im looking at cj

Just think CJ is playing weird?

bantx
07-26-2012, 11:58 AM
to killswitch i say what i say about you because you've changed your vote the most this whole thread your say stuff like we're getting no where then hop on the lynch train.

Gay Ork Wang
07-26-2012, 11:58 AM
yes very much so. just look at how agressively he was in the ddn and community game but now?

Shane P. Hallam
07-26-2012, 12:00 PM
yes very much so. just look at how agressively he was in the ddn and community game but now?

I'd like to hear from him, could be an indication of mafia or could be nothing. I think CJ has always played more calculated than aggressive.

bantx
07-26-2012, 12:06 PM
hard to keep up on my phone and type n bold. only chance to chexl since ird been real busy at work

vidae
07-26-2012, 12:13 PM
My niece is down for a nap so I have a few minutes.

I said yesterday I was suspicious of CJ and he hasn't said or done anything to change my mind. I don't know if he's evil, but I'm definitely keeping an eye out for him.

Shane P. Hallam
07-26-2012, 12:14 PM
My niece is down for a nap so I have a few minutes.

I said yesterday I was suspicious of CJ and he hasn't said or done anything to change my mind. I don't know if he's evil, but I'm definitely keeping an eye out for him.

Why are you and bantx still voting for broth?

killxswitch
07-26-2012, 12:18 PM
to killswitch i say what i say about you because you've changed your vote the most this whole thread your say stuff like we're getting no where then hop on the lynch train.

This is because I want to get something done when I am able to be active. And our power roles haven't done **** so far so we are struggling. There is a weak case to be made for just about everybody. I think what we really need is one more night of night actions and hopefully, finally, someone can come forward with decent info. Which means we need to lynch somebody. As Renji has said that means we might need to take a chance and lynch another townie. That would suck but if we wait around then our only chance is to keep jabbering until one of the mafia members trips up. And we are running out of time for that, isn't our 24 hrs up at 5PM?

vidae
07-26-2012, 12:27 PM
Why are you and bantx still voting for broth?

I had forgotten about my vote on him. I voted yesterday and woke up and started to watch my niece.

unvote : Broth

Why are you defending him so hard?

fenikz
07-26-2012, 12:28 PM
probably because he is one of the only people who have been semi cleared(along with the 2 silenced)

I still say D-Unit is evil but no one is going to follow me on that

vidae
07-26-2012, 12:30 PM
probably because he is one of the only people who have been semi cleared(along with the 2 silenced)

I don't get this. Why is broth semi cleared? Because he claimed tracker?

ImBrotherCain
07-26-2012, 12:30 PM

We will just wait until he modkills himself to find out :njx:

killxswitch
07-26-2012, 12:31 PM

broth claimed tracker and no one has come forward to contradict him. I suppose we could postulate that anyone still on his case might be a tracker that doesn't want to out himself.

SuperPacker
07-26-2012, 12:31 PM
Yes, you have about 3 hours 30 minutes until RR.

fenikz
07-26-2012, 12:32 PM

no one else has claimed to be a tracker and jdr corroborated his story

Shane P. Hallam
07-26-2012, 12:33 PM

Seriously, I recognize I voted broth before, but the dude is the ONE person who can actually be believed at this point. I don't know why vidae is still hesitant about him.

And I'll gladly follow a D-Unit lynch train just for fun, lol.

We have a few hours until RR. We have to find a suspicion and run with it IMO. I am down with vidae, Todd, trusting GOW with CJ, or trusting fenikz with D.

ImBrotherCain

He corroborated that he did nothing... I had higher expectations of you Fenikz.

vidae

All JR said was "yeah I didn't do anything the first night"..

I dunno. If you guys think broth is cleared, fine, but that seems like rather flimsy evidence.

BeerBaron
I had forgotten about my vote on him. I voted yesterday and woke up and started to watch my niece.

unvote : Broth

Why are you defending him so hard?

I don't know what to make of Shane this game. I didn't want to be the first to bring it up (since it would probably seem like I was being petty/vengeful) but he was the first one to really mention my lack of posting the previous day and was the first to vote for me before retracting it. Maybe he knew I was silenced and wanted to bring attention to me. Reserved attempt to start a lynch train perhaps?

Even if I wasn't silenced, I think I deserved another day to come back considering other inactives (like Deep who ended up being lynched for it) have played far more games inactively. I'm always quite active in games I play in.

vidae
07-26-2012, 12:34 PM
Seriously, I recognize I voted broth before, but the dude is the ONE person who can actually be believed at this point. I don't know why vidae is still hesitant about him.

And I'll gladly follow a D-Unit lynch train just for fun, lol.

We have a few hours until RR. We have to find a suspicion and run with it IMO. I am down with vidae, Todd, trusting GOW with CJ, or trusting fenikz with D.

Please tell me WHY he can be 100% believed? Why can ANYONE be believed at all right now? Explain that to me.

vidae
07-26-2012, 12:34 PM
I don't know what to make of Shane this game. I didn't want to be the first to bring it up (since it would probably seem like I was being petty/vengeful) but he was the first one to really mention my lack of posting the previous day and was the first to vote for me before retracting it. Maybe he knew I was silenced and wanted to bring attention to me. Reserved attempt to start a lynch train perhaps?

I really don't like how he is pushing us hard to clear broth and saying he knows 100% he is good when there is no possible way to know that. It's setting off my ********-o-meter hard right now.

BeerBaron
07-26-2012, 12:35 PM
On Broth, I don't consider him cleared or anything. But with only weak suspicions to go on, I'd rather not risk lynching him in case he is telling the truth about his power role.

JR has suggested that he doesn't have a power role of any kind, so if we want to follow a minor suspicion, I'd prefer to go in that direction though I don't think JR is evil. He just needs to think before he speaks a little more and choose his words more carefully. (Like how Gonzo's death somehow cleared vidae or whatever that nonsense was about.)

Shane P. Hallam
07-26-2012, 12:36 PM
Please tell me WHY he can be 100% believed? Why can ANYONE be believed at all right now? Explain that to me.

It isn't 100%, nothing is. But it is better than anyone else right now. If broth was mafia and lying about being a tracker, whoever the REAL tracker was would (and should,) come out and say something and we would lynch the **** out of one of them (likely broth). It didn't happen.

If people want to investigate broth, go ahead, but LYNCHING him is not a smart idea at all.

fenikz
07-26-2012, 12:36 PM
I didn't say 100% but he shouldn't be lynched either

SuperPacker
07-26-2012, 12:37 PM
Vote Count:

JR (5) - GOW, UK, IBC, Todd, Kill
broth (1) - bantx
Todd (1) - JR
GOW (1) - IBC
vidae (1) - Shane

fenikz
and vidae you are acting very much like evil vidae at this point

Shane P. Hallam

Heh, if I silenced you, do you think I would expose myself like that? I'm not that dumb. Expand your mind. I won't really comment on this more.

jrdrylie
The only way broth isn't cleared is if we believe he is a mafia tracker or rolecop. But if that is the case, the town aligned tracker would probably have come out to discredit broth. Broth's claim doesn't necessarily clear me as I could be the Godfather or shield (which I'm not) and just didn't do anything night one.

BeerBaron
Also, to Broth's claim and why it doesn't clear him in my mind, we've seen games before without Trackers. Almost all the games of this size have Cops and Watchers, but there have been some without Trackers. A mafia member trying to quell a lynch train against it could claim that and hope there isn't a real one.

I just don't want to risk it based on the flimsy evidence we have. He's far from CLEAR, but I'm not willing to lynch him today.

Shane P. Hallam
07-26-2012, 12:38 PM

This has been my thinking. I feel like vidae would understand my suspicions of him based on the evidence and him sticking with the broth vote.

vidae
On Broth, I don't consider him cleared or anything. But with only weak suspicions to go on, I'd rather not risk lynching him in case he is telling the truth about his power role.

JR has suggested that he doesn't have a power role of any kind, so if we want to follow a minor suspicion, I'd prefer to go in that direction though I don't think JR is evil. He just needs to think before he speaks a little more and choose his words more carefully. (Like how Gonzo's death somehow cleared vidae or whatever that nonsense was about.)

That is something I can get behind, but coming out and saying "broth is the one guy that can be trusted" is just ridiculous nonsense and not something Shane usually pulls.

It isn't 100%, nothing is. But it is better than anyone else right now. If broth was mafia and lying about being a tracker, whoever the REAL tracker was would (and should,) come out and say something and we would lynch the **** out of one of them (likely broth). It didn't happen.

If people want to investigate broth, go ahead, but LYNCHING him is not a smart idea at all.

I still don't like this either. If that was a mafia plan, the real tracker would be STUPID to come out to the town. Why risk getting yourself killed because of a lie one of them tells? Is it really worth a 1:1 trade? We lose a Tracker, the Mafia loses Broth. That isn't a fair trade in my eyes.

I just don't get your insistence that he can be trusted. I don't trust anyone, and now I'm REALLY starting to not trust you.

BeerBaron
Heh, if I silenced you, do you think I would expose myself like that? I'm not that dumb. Expand your mind. I won't really comment on this more.

I don't put anything past you after I watched you smack the town around in the DDN game. You can be pretty ballsy as a godfather knowing you come back good.

vidae
07-26-2012, 12:39 PM

Then lynch me. I'm not evil. All people have to say is "evil vidae" to start a lynch train.

If that's really the way you guys want this to go, so be it, but I'm looking out for the town here and some of you are not.

bantx
07-26-2012, 12:40 PM

jrdrylie
07-26-2012, 12:41 PM

Yeah, I'm regretting that right now. I have a feeling I just inadvertently stood up for a mafia member for the second game in a row.

Shane P. Hallam
Is it really worth a 1:1 trade?

This is the statement that really makes me think you are bad. Yes it is. If the town is 4:1 townies to bad guys, then a 1:1 trade is EXTREMELY WORTH IT.

vidae
I'm going with my gut here. I really don't like how Shane has approached this defense of broth, and claiming that he is the only guy that can be trusted due to a really weak role reveal.

vote : Shane

He is acting way more suspiciously than broth is, that's for sure.

vidae
07-26-2012, 12:42 PM
This is the statement that really makes me think you are bad. Yes it is. If the town is 4:1 townies to bad guys, then a 1:1 trade is EXTREMELY WORTH IT.

Is it REALLY? We lose a power role, they lose broth. Do you really consider that even?

bantx
07-26-2012, 12:43 PM
count my vote it,was hard enough to unvote lol im not editing

vidae
And if I was actually evil, do you really see me taking that stance? Do you think I'm that dumb or that bad at these games?

Shane P. Hallam
I'm going with my gut here. I really don't like how Shane has approached this defense of broth, and claiming that he is the only guy that can be trusted due to a really weak role reveal.

vote : Shane

He is acting way more suspiciously than broth is, that's for sure.

Sorry that I am defending a probable tracker. Guess it makes me evil.

BeerBaron
Wait...what?

A 1:1 trade is always worth it for a town. However, there's not guarantee that lynching Broth would nab us a mafia member....so there is no trade at all. It's either lynch a possible Tracker or lynch a possible Mafia member. And with the evidence rather weak against him, I'm not in favor of risking it.

I don't get your deal all the sudden vidae.

Todd Bertuzzi
I feel like one of Shane or vidae is evil here. Neither are playing their usual game. I will say whenever vidae has been evil his defense is just to seem nonchalant which is exactly what he's doing now.

vidae
07-26-2012, 12:44 PM
Sorry that I am defending a probable tracker. Guess it makes me evil.

It isn't that you're defending a probable power role, it's HOW you're doing it. I know you can see the difference there, but I like the effort to twist it around like that.

SuperPacker
Vote Count:

JR (4) - GOW, UK, Todd, Kill
Shane (1) - vidae
Todd (1) - JR
GOW (1) - IBC
vidae (1) - Shane

Shane P. Hallam
And if I was actually evil, do you really see me taking that stance? Do you think I'm that dumb or that bad at these games?

With the amount of useful roles dead, I could see it. I guess time will tell.

BeerBaron
07-26-2012, 12:45 PM
You have IBC on there twice btw SP.

vidae
07-26-2012, 12:46 PM
Wait...what?

A 1:1 trade is always worth it for a town. However, there's not guarantee that lynching Broth would nab us a mafia member....so there is no trade at all. It's either lynch a possible Tracker or lynch a possible Mafia member. And with the evidence rather weak against him, I'm not in favor of risking it.

I don't get your deal all the sudden vidae.

I unvoted broth, so I'm obviously not in favor of risking it either. I do, however, think Shane is evil, which is why I voted for him.

And I'm sorry, I disagree about the 1:1 trade always being worth it. It depends on what role you lose. If you lose a townie to out a Mafia member? Sign me up. If you lose a power role it makes it that much harder on you in the long run.

And in this game, where we've killed no Mafia, losing more good people just keeps hurting us.

SuperPacker
07-26-2012, 12:47 PM
Can everyone make sure they unvote if you want to change your vote.

fenikz
07-26-2012, 12:48 PM
I also wouldn't be surprised with an inactive mafia since we are so far down

UK, Todd, CJ?

BeerBaron
07-26-2012, 12:48 PM
I unvoted broth, so I'm obviously not in favor of risking it either. I do, however, think Shane is evil, which is why I voted for him.

And I'm sorry, I disagree about the 1:1 trade always being worth it. It depends on what role you lose. If you lose a townie to out a Mafia member? Sign me up. If you lose a power role it makes it that much harder on you.

And in this game, where we've killed no Mafia, losing more good people just keeps hurting us.

Generally getting the first mafia member lets you "pull the thread" as well, leading to more mafia members going down. Generally, the "trade" scenario comes up when a cop or watcher comes out with strong evidence against someone. They make themselves a night kill target while the town lynches a mafia member. It's a 1:1 trade initially, but if the town can connect some others to the mafia member, they can start a hell of a run against the mafia. That's when I'm in favor it.

But like I explained, this wouldn't be a "trade" at all.

killxswitch
07-26-2012, 12:49 PM

I found that very odd as well. A 1:1 trade of just about any type of town member is worth it if we get our first mafia lynch.

sbh15
07-26-2012, 12:51 PM
for lack of a better option, I'm going to vote UKFan (for now). he hasn't contributed hardly anything and popped in for maybe one post to vote for jrdrylie without any real reasoning. I'd rather kill an inactive than risk going to RR

vote: UKFan

vidae
07-26-2012, 12:51 PM
I found that very odd as well. A 1:1 trade of just about any type of town member is worth it if we get our first mafia lynch.

I still disagree. I dunno what to tell you guys. But disagreeing doesn't make me evil.

SuperPacker
07-26-2012, 12:52 PM
Vote Count:

JR (4) - GOW, UK, Todd, Kill
Shane (1) - vidae
Todd (1) - JR
GOW (1) - IBC
vidae (1) - Shane
UK (1) - sbh

vidae
for lack of a better option, I'm going to vote UKFan (for now). he hasn't contributed hardly anything and popped in for maybe one post to vote for jrdrylie without any real reasoning. I'd rather kill an inactive than risk going to RR

He has only posted 9 times too. The only person with less posts is Deep, and he's dead.

BeerBaron
The last time the town lynched UK for inactivity he turned out to be a protector. That has sort of left a bad taste in my mouth...We could end up killing an even bigger role than Broth's supposed Tracker doing that.

killxswitch
07-26-2012, 12:53 PM

He only has 9 posts and the mod of this game is actually in his country. I hate to go against a fellow Colts fan but we are running out of time and I specifically am running out of time before I leave work and therefore can't have an effect on the vote.

unvote: JR

What does everyone think of voting UK?

vidae
07-26-2012, 12:54 PM
The last time the town lynched UK for inactivity he turned out to be a protector. That has sort of left a bad taste in my mouth...We could end up killing an even bigger role than Broth's supposed Tracker doing that.

The only problem with that line of thinking is, how do we know he's paying attention to the thread? If he isn't he probably isn't using his role to the best of his ability anyway, so what do we really lose? Again, he has only posted 9 times, so I would be surprised if he has been following along at all.

fenikz
07-26-2012, 12:54 PM
Protector is dead and if he was the least bit active he could defend himself

Vote: UKFan

vidae
07-26-2012, 12:55 PM
He only has 9 posts and the mod of this game is actually in his country. I hate to go against a fellow Colts fan but we are running out of time and I specifically am running out of time before I leave work and therefore can't have an effect on the vote.

unvote: JR

What does everyone think of voting UK?

I'd be fine killing an inactive, but I'm always fine killing inactives. If they're not helping us they're hurting us.

vidae
unvote : Shane

vote : UKFan

I'm not done with my suspicions of Shane. I don't trust him or broth at all right now.

killxswitch

What are the odds of that exact same thing happening again? I'd guess pretty low. Past doesn't always predict future.

Shane P. Hallam
07-26-2012, 12:56 PM
I'm fine with it over RR if people want to go that way.

sbh15
07-26-2012, 12:56 PM
let's not turn this into a lynch train, there's still 3 hours and plenty to discuss. plus I feel as if there are a few people we've yet to hear from.

SuperPacker
07-26-2012, 12:57 PM
Vote Count:

UK (4) - sbh, fenikz, vidae, BB
JR (3) - GOW, UK, Todd
Todd (1) - JR
GOW (1) - IBC
vidae (1) - Shane

BeerBaron
07-26-2012, 12:57 PM
If he ends up being a Cop or a Watcher, I'm going to throw things and swear a lot. Unfortunately, I'm not in love with any of the alternatives either.

fenikz
07-26-2012, 12:58 PM
if he happens to have a power he should say so if he is about to die

BeerBaron
07-26-2012, 12:58 PM
let's not turn this into a lynch train, there's still 3 hours and plenty to discuss. plus I feel as if there are a few people we've yet to hear from.

You make 3 hours sound like half a day. I really would prefer that we don't go to RR simply because not enough guys show up to vote in that time to get someone to majority.

vidae
07-26-2012, 12:59 PM
SP, I voted for UKFan.

Ngatachance92
07-26-2012, 01:00 PM
UKFan makes sense. I know I haven't posted much today, but I have been following. I am a sheep just trying to figure out what Sheppard to follow.

Vote:UKFAN

Shane P. Hallam
07-26-2012, 01:01 PM
Unvote: Vidae

We may barely have enough to get majority with 3 hours left. I think people will feel much worse if a power role gets hit with RR than if UKFan has something (and hasn't really been using it properly).

BeerBaron
UKFan makes sense. I know I haven't posted much today, but I have been following. I am a sheep just trying to figure out what Sheppard to follow.

Don't be a sheep. Being a sheep generally hurts the town pretty badly in these games.

Gay Ork Wang
at this point id rather kill vid, jr or even sbh before ukfan. i mean he isnt misleading anyone and killing him doesnt help us at all

SuperPacker
Vote Count:

UK (6) - sbh, fenikz, vidae, BB, Ngata, Shane
JR (3) - GOW, UK, Todd
Todd (1) - JR
GOW (1) - IBC

fenikz
07-26-2012, 01:03 PM

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x88/mlc53/RaptorJesus04.jpg

Shane P. Hallam
07-26-2012, 01:03 PM
at this point id rather kill vid, jr or even sbh before ukfan. i mean he isnt misleading anyone and killing him doesnt help us at all

That'd be fine, we just have to decide. I'd rather hold off on JR for now, but I could get behind vidae (obviously). SBH hasn't added very much IMO either. But we just have to make a choice on suspicion and go with it for once. No one seems to be coming together to believe anyone at this point.

Is CJ off your list now? Why is that?

Gay Ork Wang
07-26-2012, 01:06 PM
was just naming people. all of them have added nothing to the town so
unlynch
lynch sbh

sbh15
07-26-2012, 01:07 PM
was just naming people. all of them have added nothing to the town so
unlynch
lynch sbh

care to explain why you picked me specifically off of that list?

Gay Ork Wang
07-26-2012, 01:09 PM
cause picking an inactive when we did have discussion and some people that we could have killed just doesnt sit well with me

fenikz
07-26-2012, 01:10 PM
My vote isn't based solely on his inactivity, he has been mafia with me before and played the same way, even expressly stated he planned on playing that way

sbh15
07-26-2012, 01:14 PM
cause picking an inactive when we did have discussion and some people that we could have killed just doesnt sit well with me

six other people voted for that same inactive, I was just the first. in fact, my goal was for discussion to continue, I just wanted to put my vote in. also, you are acting a bit hypocritical here

---

you: at this point id rather kill vid, jr or even sbh before ukfan. i mean he isnt misleading anyone and killing him doesnt help us at all

you: was just naming people. all of them have added nothing to the town so

---

explain how I am misleading the town? or how killing me helps anything? if you think I've added nothing to the town, what is lynching me going to do? at least I am contributing (a lot more than you think, but go ahead and think otherwise if you want).

and then you vote for someone who has 'added nothing to the town' in me. explain to me, and everyone else really, what has UK added to the town? your posts aren't really lining up, here

BeerBaron
07-26-2012, 01:15 PM
This is becoming a clusterfuck. Please don't let this drag out and go to RR.

Shane P. Hallam
07-26-2012, 01:17 PM
My vote isn't based solely on his inactivity, he has been mafia with me before and played the same way, even expressly stated he planned on playing that way

And I think it is possible we have mafia member laying low, which I think you pointed out earlier fenikz.

Add on that we HAVE had discussions about UKFan too. As for SBh, I don't think he has added much, but I haven't really seen him as "bad". I need to go back and read I guess.

vidae
07-26-2012, 01:17 PM
Hah, sbh actually kind of has Renji by the shorthairs here with that post.

Gay Ork Wang
07-26-2012, 01:19 PM
you have participated in discussions. mafia can sway discussion into certain directions. Killing an inactive mafia doesnt help as a whole lot in finding out about others. Killing someone who is actively participating and trying to lead us into the wrong direction can certainly help. at this point everyone is misleading cause we cant trust anyone. once we can dismiss one guy and his "suspicions" as mafia strategy, it helps out a lot.

Killing ukfan doesnt clear anyone, doesnt help anything really.

And yes the first to go to someone who was never actually ever discussed, thats quite a lot.

besides the point you seem awfully defensively all of a sudden

D-Unit
07-26-2012, 01:20 PM
Can somebody update me on why UKfan has 6 votes? What's the logic there? Inactivity?

Shane P. Hallam
07-26-2012, 01:22 PM
Can somebody update me on why UKfan has 6 votes? What's the logic there? Inactivity?

Inactivity and we have 2 and a half hours to RR. If someone has someone else that would get enough votes to lynch at this point, I'd be for it. I don't think SBH, GOW, vidae, JRD, or Todd will get that in time at this point.

BeerBaron

Pretty much. Time is ticking down to the end of the 24 hours and I'd rather cast off an inactive than risk everyone else. Evidence is scant against any one person and our gut feelings seem pretty well split.

Gay Ork Wang
yea thats all it was. People went for JRD and broth. broth revealed being a tracker. JRD didnt do anything day 1. Then people kinda went after vid, vid went shane, then sbh went UK and everyone went uk

sbh15
07-26-2012, 01:23 PM
you have participated in discussions. mafia can sway discussion into certain directions. Killing an inactive mafia doesnt help as a whole lot in finding out about others. Killing someone who is actively participating and trying to lead us into the wrong direction can certainly help.

And yes the first to go to someone who was never actually ever discussed, thats quite a lot.

besides the point you seem awfully defensively all of a sudden

by no means do I disagree that killing UKFan doesn't give us a hell of a lot. but it's a thousand times better than letting this go to russian roulette. as for going to UKFan without discussion, I brought him up earlier, but held off voting because it was a little early. three hours or so later, we're not any farther so I went after an inactive. I didn't say 'hey guys, let's kill UKFan he's inactive'. I put in on the table that I wanted to go inactive over RR, and encouraged more discussion in that post and another.

as for seeming defensive, I came after you for voting for me because nothing about it made much sense. the reasons you outlined for voting me apply almost exactly to UK as well, so something seemed off to me. it still does

fenikz
07-26-2012, 01:23 PM
pretty sure i started the lynch train actually :p

Gay Ork Wang
07-26-2012, 01:25 PM
pretty sure i started the lynch train actually :p
Ok. KILL FENIKZ THEN.

BeerBaron
07-26-2012, 01:25 PM
Alright, I have a meeting to go to. I'm sticking with UK for now because I'd really prefer not to risk the RR.

killxswitch
07-26-2012, 01:27 PM

jrdrylie
07-26-2012, 01:28 PM
At this point, I think UKFan is the only option that will prevent RR. And there is certainly a possibility that he is mafia, especially after what fenikz said a little while ago. Even if he does come up as good, there have been five or six people who have had suspicions cast upon them. So if our power roles are successful tonight we could very possibly have an easy mafia lynch tomorrow.

Unvote Todd
Vote UKFan

SuperPacker
07-26-2012, 01:29 PM
Vote Count:

UK (8) - sbh, fenikz, vidae, BB, Ngata, Shane, Kill, JR
JR (3) - GOW, UK, Todd
GOW (1) - IBC

ImBrotherCain
07-26-2012, 01:30 PM
These long days benefit the Mafia more than the town...

As this train grows we can narrow down some of the scum.

D-Unit
07-26-2012, 01:31 PM
I don't get why people sign up for these when they have no intent on participating. Inactivity kills the effectiveness of this game and often hurts the town. It's always the same people too. Now we have to waste a whole day's lynch to use on someone not because of game play but because of inactivity.

I say if you get lynched because of inactivity, then you get banned from a few games in the future. This sucks.

fenikz
07-26-2012, 01:32 PM
ugh post UKFan :/