View Full Version : Friends Mafia - GAME THREAD - Town Wins

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

SuperPacker
07-29-2012, 12:55 PM
Final Vote Count:

vidae (3) - broth, Snicho, D-Unit

SuperPacker
07-29-2012, 01:00 PM
With fewer people alive, the decisions were only becoming more important and the town had to decide on whether they should kill who they thought to be a Serial Killer, or who they thought to be Mafia. In the end, they chose to get rid of the Serial Killer. They closed in on vidae, beating him to death.

http://www.shadowlocked.com/images/stories/LISTS/003_Dec_2010/top_10_friends_secondary_characters/001_Friends_secondary_characters_eddie.jpg

vidae (Eddie) (Serial Killer) has been lynched.

TOWN WINS!!

vidae
07-29-2012, 01:02 PM
Props broth. Good game everyone.

SuperPacker
Night Actions:

http://s11.postimage.org/cro6ptxkj/Night_Actions.jpg

SuperPacker
broth just sent in his night action, bless him! :D

RufusMcDaniel
07-29-2012, 01:04 PM
Way to go Chandler, could you be more victorious.

As for the others, I have no idea who is left.

SuperPacker
07-29-2012, 01:05 PM
It says in the night actions.

vidae
07-29-2012, 01:05 PM
Good first game SP. Looking forward to your next one.

D-Unit
07-29-2012, 01:07 PM
Mafia had a great start. I thought they were gonna pull it off. Nice win town survivers!

bantx
07-29-2012, 01:07 PM
I'm having my cereal again after seeing the night actions.

Brothgar
07-29-2012, 01:11 PM
Shane is the MVP for mafia. I need to start putting night numbers in my PM subjects I confused myself.

vidae
07-29-2012, 01:12 PM
I called out BB and killed Todd and ATL. I'm the town MVP imo. : D

Dr. Gonzo
07-29-2012, 01:12 PM
Curious to hear your thoughts SP. Very well run game.

Brothgar
07-29-2012, 01:13 PM
I called out BB and killed Todd and ATL. I'm the town MVP imo. : D

No disagreement there.

jrdrylie
07-29-2012, 01:14 PM
Why the hell did that take so long?

RufusMcDaniel
07-29-2012, 01:14 PM
Son of a *****, Eddie...I am Chandler's room mate not you!

vidae
07-29-2012, 01:15 PM
Why the hell did that take so long?

Because the active people were dead. D is camping and IBC was at a wedding this weekend. Plus Snicho is Snicho!

vidae
07-29-2012, 01:15 PM
Son of a *****, Eddie...I am Chandler's room mate not you!

That's a Goldfish Cracker!

jrdrylie
07-29-2012, 01:16 PM
Because the active people were dead. D is camping and IBC was at a wedding this weekend. Plus Snicho is Snicho!

For a second I thought they were really going to let you live and lynch D-Unit.

Brothgar
07-29-2012, 01:16 PM
But I must say that JR deserves co-MVP if he doesn't tell you to kill ATL you likely win the game.

vidae
07-29-2012, 01:19 PM
But I must say that JR deserves co-MVP if he doesn't tell you to kill ATL you likely win the game.

I thought about it, but I still wouldn't have won. ATL isn't an idiot.. he's one of the consistently stronger players. He would have argued that I was evil and that he was not and it would have been between the two of us.

Maybe I pull out the victory but I doubt it. I think the Mafia actually wins in that scenario, and I didn't want to give them a chance to win since BB basically outed me and went hard against me there for a bit.

:D

TACKLE
07-29-2012, 01:20 PM

No, not really. He could have made it to the final 3 at best but it would have taken some serious retardation to let him win. It certainly wouldn't have been a likely win.

jrdrylie
07-29-2012, 01:20 PM

I just went back and read some of my posts, I called out Todd and Shane at the end of day one, then suggested lynching ngata day two, and told Vidae to kill ATL. I'd say this was my best game.

vidae
07-29-2012, 01:22 PM
I do find it weird that you were so adamant that an Investigator and a 2x Investigator made no sense but had no problems with a Protector and a 2x Protecter. :P

Brothgar
07-29-2012, 01:25 PM
I do find it weird that you were so adamant that an Investigator and a 2x Investigator made no sense but had no problems with a Protector and a 2x Protecter. :P

See I found it very weird that he had a 2x ability where he would die in someone's place. But I was more sure that you were evil so I had to go with that first.

Grizzlegom
07-29-2012, 01:26 PM
If I didn't have to go to the hospital and drop out when I did, I was actually planning on going after vidae the same night Gonzo did (although I thought he was mafia, not the SK). No idea if people would have went along with it but having two people apply the pressure might have done it. Yea well, town still won anyway, good work everyone!

vidae
07-29-2012, 01:26 PM
I don't get why people dislike the Bodyguard role. If I was sure someone was good and it would help the town I'd use that so fast. It sucks dying but you could potentially save someone super important.

Brothgar
07-29-2012, 01:28 PM
I don't get why people dislike the Bodyguard role. If I was sure someone was good and it would help the town I'd use that so fast. It sucks dying but you could potentially save someone super important.

I agree on that one. I'm rather pissed that D didn't protect fenikz or renji.

SuperPacker
D-Unit would have died as well as his target if he had targeted anyone...

vidae
See I found it very weird that he had a 2x ability where he would die in someone's place. But I was more sure that you were evil so I had to go with that first.

Well you sniffed it out correctly my good man.

Grizzlegom
07-29-2012, 01:30 PM
D-Unit would have died as well as his target if he had targeted anyone...

But he didn't know that. This is the third time I've seen someone be a bodyguard that just outright refused to use it. Job did it in FF and I think Gonzo did it in another game (don't quote me on that), BB has told me he will never use the role again since the first two times he tried, the person who had it refused to ever protect anyone.

Cigaro
07-29-2012, 01:32 PM
But he didn't know that. This is the third time I've seen someone be a bodyguard that just outright refused to use it. Job did it in FF and I think Gonzo did it in another game (don't quote me on that), BB has told me he will never use the role again since the first two times he tried, the person who had it refused to ever protect anyone.

I would simply remove any indication of whether the person would die, and instead of making it shotted, make it to where they have to use it every night.

vidae
07-29-2012, 01:32 PM
I would be glad to use it, but only if I was fairly sure it wasn't some evil jerkbag.

SuperPacker
07-29-2012, 01:33 PM
I now appreciate the likes of Gonzo and JR who played with balls and actually did something. They might not have been spot on with their accusations in previous games (Gonzo) or even this one, but it’s painful watching the likes of bantx and Snicho do absolutely nothing other than say “yeak ok”. Also, the game suffered from having some of the most active people in evil and SK roles, as they obviously weren't as active as usual.

The Mafia played a very good game. They were organized, knew what they wanted to do and executed it nicely. It would have been a much different game if on the first night vidae and the Mafia didn't target the same people. And then the same happened when they both targeted fenikz.

I don’t really want to give MVP to anyone on the town’s team, but I suppose I’m going to have too. It goes to JR (and Gonzo if he had stayed alive longer). He didn’t have a role, but used being a townie to good effect and overall had a positive outcome on the town’s fortunes. Everyone else that had a role, didn’t really use it well, other than CJ, who get’s credit for targeting Ngata and vidae. On the first two nights, broth targeted JR and Gonzo, which made no sense saying as they had been the two most active, and generally people that are active don’t have important or evil roles. Bulldogs didn’t ever get to say his findings, but it wouldn’t have made much of a difference. A case could be made for GOW as MVP, he used his role quite well, and had the right ideas, but I just think he wasn’t active enough to put his points across.

We have a sharing of the town’s LVP award! It has to go to broth, based on the points above. Bantx, because other than his role I don’t think he did anything, he was unlucky to die, however. And Snicho, who is the one person I would think again about letting him in another one of my games, mainly due to being inactive and not using his townie role to full effect, like Gonzo and JR did.

Finally, vidae did a very good job of snuffing out the Mafia, and could have gotten further had the town lynched BB when he was telling them too. I really liked that move. Again, he got unlucky with the Mafia targeting the same person as him, twice.

I had fun though, and minus a few rookie broth up's I think it went smoothly. I'll definitely try modding again.

Dr. Gonzo
07-29-2012, 01:33 PM

I claimed I would never have used it in the hopes the mafia would leave me alone but I died that night which I think was night two it three do I never had the chance to use it really.

Brothgar
07-29-2012, 01:34 PM
Wow. then good job D! MVP!

But I have to LOL at cain for gifting the godfater with a vigilante weapon and the SK with a blocker.

SuperPacker

Yeah, it was pretty stupid. He said he "couldn't trust anyone", but it was pretty clear that some people were good (broth/fenikz/GOW) and he just refused to protect them.

vidae
Not even a mention for town MVP?! I killed three Mafia!

*throws a table over*

RufusMcDaniel
07-29-2012, 01:36 PM
Well you sniffed it out correctly my good man.

See the thing that got me with you was you weren't sure how to bring up the fact that BB was evil.

Right away I assumed that you tried to kill him, didn't...thus GF. It's kind of what I used against Mrs. Grizz in the Old West game when she said she investigated you, yet the other targets of hers died.

Dr. Gonzo
07-29-2012, 01:37 PM
One one hand it sucks Grizz wasn't around to back me up about Vidae because I had him dead to rights day two and that lynch would have ended the game a lot sooner but I actually like the way it turned out. Much more entertaining.

SuperPacker

*throws a table over*

I think it should go to someone that won. I just gave you a mention, though. :)

Brothgar
I may be the LVP but I came through when it counted!

Todd Bertuzzi
07-29-2012, 01:38 PM

*throws a table over*

Maybe if your win condition was all threats to the town are dead...

vidae
07-29-2012, 01:38 PM
Broth broth'd it up the first few days but he is the reason the town is victorious, so I can't say he was anywhere close to LVP.

Grizzlegom
07-29-2012, 01:39 PM
I claimed I would never have used it in the hopes the mafia would leave me alone but I died that night which I think was night two it three do I never had the chance to use it really.

Ah ok, I remembered it off-hand and I remember BB going off about how he hates the bodyguard role but that makes sense.

vidae
07-29-2012, 01:39 PM

Blame BB for him outing me. Bottom line is, after that I wanted to make sure the Mafia didn't win, and I did that. I'm sorry I stabbed you multiple times but it had to be done.

Dr. Gonzo
07-29-2012, 01:40 PM
I may be the LVP but I came through when it counted!

You may have ****** up your role but you did come through when it counted. Snicho was way more LVP worthy than you :)

Don't you read? He changed his win condition. Geez.

vidae
07-29-2012, 01:41 PM
I killed Gonzo and prevented the Mafia from winning after BB tried to get cute and outed me. I consider this a victory. ;)

Grizzlegom
Just something that was annoying me: If a Serial Killer is claiming he'll stop killing, please don't listen to him in the future. Serial Killers HAVE to kill every night. Its part of being a serial killer.

Brodeur
No Brody for MVP?

Dr. Gonzo
07-29-2012, 01:42 PM
Blame BB for him outing me. Bottom line is, after that I wanted to make sure the Mafia didn't win, and I did that. I'm sorry I stabbed you multiple times but it had to be done.

You Wooted the **** out of this game. It was fun to watch haha but I remember how pissed I was at Woot in The Wire game when he cost both mafias the chance at winning.

vidae
No Brody for MVP?

You are the MVT. Most valuable tits.

vidae
You Wooted the **** out of this game. It was fun to watch haha but I remember how pissed I was at Woot in The Wire game when he cost both mafias the chance at winning.

It was a lot of fun to act like a crazy ******, so I get the appeal for sure.

TACKLE

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7ai4y41lO1rov8hj.gif

BeerBaron
07-29-2012, 01:45 PM
I liked our plan if vidae hadn't messed it up. Between me silencing myself and hoping to be investigated by a real cop at some point, I was planning to coast to the end and win a war of attrition late.

But, we and vidae took eachother out. Unfortunate. Fun game though SP, as I've told you many times already. I had a blast and I normally hate being mafia.

vidae
07-29-2012, 01:45 PM
There is one thing we can agree on: we will play in another SuperPacker Mafia game, so start brainstorming ideas mate!

Brothgar
07-29-2012, 01:46 PM
I'm the Tim Tebow of Mafia. I suck for the first three quarters of the game but by some sort of magic I end up winning.

TACKLE
07-29-2012, 01:47 PM

I was semi-following this game from the outside....Like vidae said, BB was the Woot in this situation. Everyone knows that the SK needs the mafia to succeed in order to have a shot at winning. When BB tried to spite-kill vidae for targeting him, he essentially ruined vidae's chances of winning. So if the mafia GF ruined his chances at winning and he had to pick the side, why wouldn't side with the town when push came to shove.

Dr. Gonzo
07-29-2012, 01:47 PM
I'm the Tim Tebow of Mafia. I suck for the first three quarters of the game but by some sort of magic I end up winning.

I know you play the way you do on purpose so you always make it to the end. Don't lie :(

jrdrylie
07-29-2012, 01:48 PM
There is one thing we can agree on: we will play in another SuperPacker Mafia game, so start brainstorming ideas mate!

I would definitely play another. This game was pretty much the most balanced one I've seen.

Brothgar
07-29-2012, 01:48 PM
Just something that was annoying me: If a Serial Killer is claiming he'll stop killing, please don't listen to him in the future. Serial Killers HAVE to kill every night. Its part of being a serial killer.

It didn't matter if he stopped killing I didn't believe that for a second but how the numbers worked or how I thought they worked Killing the mafia was the most important thing at the time. There was no way that letting him live at that point would have lost us the game where as killing him could have.

vidae
07-29-2012, 01:49 PM
I hate the Silencer role, but we haven't seen it in a while so I was ok with it here. I hope it doesn't become a usual Mafia role though.

vidae
07-29-2012, 01:50 PM

It didn't matter if he stopped killing I didn't believe that for a second but how the numbers worked or how I thought they worked Killing the mafia was the most important thing at the time. There was no way that letting him live at that point would have lost us the game where as killing him could have.

Serial Killers do NOT have to kill every night. In some games they are required to, but here was my PM:

Backstory: Chandler’s ex-roommate, you were thrown out for being crazy and aggressive
Role: - Bulletproof Serial Killer – Each night you can kill one person. You can not be killed at night.
Win Condition: Only you remain.

Can, not must.

BeerBaron
07-29-2012, 01:50 PM
I hate the Silencer role, but we haven't seen it in a while so I was ok with it here. I hope it doesn't become a usual Mafia role though.

Getting to use it was fun and no one went TBW this game with it...still, not something I'm likely to use outside of a very specific scenario or something. It made sense with a "Denist" though I guess. We basically got to use it like an extra role block. Kill someone, role block someone and silence someone to shut up 3 people each day.

vidae
07-29-2012, 01:51 PM
Getting to use it was fun and no one went TBW this game with it...still, not something I'm likely to use outside of a very specific scenario or something. It made sense with a "Denist" though I guess. We basically got to use it like an extra role block. Kill someone, role block someone and silence someone to shut up 3 people each day.

Yeah, and honestly I think SP used Silencer in a really great way. It makes perfect sense with a Dentist, so that's why I was okay with it.

I would just hate it to be a random role in future games is all.

Dr. Gonzo
07-29-2012, 01:53 PM
I was semi-following this game from the outside....Like vidae said, BB was the Woot in this situation. Everyone knows that the SK needs the mafia to succeed in order to have a shot at winning. When BB tried to spite-kill vidae for targeting him, he essentially ruined vidae's chances of winning. Truth is, mafia would have had a better chance at winning if BB didn't go after vidae early like he did.

Very true. The mafia needs the SK to last and the SK needs the mafia to last. I was skimming after I died but I was under the impression that BB went after Vidae to take some pressure off his own guys. CJ coming out with the info that Vidae came up inconclusive did him in. I was shocked Vidae survived as long as he did after that so I guess BB was trying to win brownie points with the town but that whole mess really allowed the town to get back in the game because they (or should I say we even though I was dead) were ******.

Grizzlegom
07-29-2012, 01:58 PM
Serial Killers do NOT have to kill every night. In some games they are required to, but here was my PM:

Backstory: Chandler’s ex-roommate, you were thrown out for being crazy and aggressive
Role: - Bulletproof Serial Killer – Each night you can kill one person. You can not be killed at night.

Can, not must.

Never heard of a SK that had the option of killing or not. You sound like Caddy trying to exploit a small loophole created unintentionally by the mod :-P

Brothgar
07-29-2012, 01:59 PM

Can, not must.

I'm aware of that but the question wasn't COULD you stop but WOULD you stop.

vidae
07-29-2012, 01:59 PM
Never heard of a SK that had the option of killing or not. You sound like Caddy trying to exploit a small loophole created unintentionally by the mod :-P

Hah, I don't know why this is a big loophole though. I don't think a SK should be required to kill, but regardless, I killed every night anyway. Or attempted to.

vidae
07-29-2012, 02:00 PM
I'm aware of that but the question wasn't COULD you stop but WOULD you stop.

Nah. If you guys just told me not to kill I was going to kill you. And I still probably should have. I didn't know if ATL was going to kill JR or you though. :P

Dr. Gonzo
07-29-2012, 02:08 PM
Nah. If you guys just told me not to kill I was going to kill you. And I still probably should have. I didn't know if ATL was going to kill JR or you though. :P

If you had killed Broth is would have been Snicho, D, IBC, you, and ATL. I do think you would have been lynched but you MIGHT have had a shot if you had gone hard after ATL. I think what would have happened is you would have been lynched, ATL would have killed IBC, and then it's ATL, D, and Snicho in the end. I think ATL might have been able to convince Snicho to lynch D there. Maybe not though. Once you admitted to being SK on top of coming up inconclusive and going all evil Vidae on everyone's asses I think you were done haha so you were almost kingmaker there.

vidae
07-29-2012, 02:08 PM
If you had killed Broth is would have been Snicho, D, IBC, you, and ATL. I do think you would have been lynched but you MIGHT have had a shot if you had gone hard after ATL. I think what would have happened is you would have been lynched, ATL would have killed IBC, and then it's ATL, D, and Snicho in the end. I think ATL might have been able to convince Snicho to lynch D there. Maybe not though. Once you admitted to being SK on top of coming up inconclusive and going all evil Vidae on everyone's asses I think you were done haha so you were almost kingmaker there.

Yeah that was the problem. I thought of pretty much that exact scenario, and any chance the Mafia had to win was a chance I didn't want to take. :D

Dr. Gonzo
07-29-2012, 02:11 PM
Yeah that was the problem. I thought of pretty much that exact scenario, and any chance the Mafia had to win was a chance I didn't want to take. :D

You and you damn made up win condition! I am happy though, meant I picked up the W. I think the mafia would have stood a better chance if they had sacrificed one of their own instead of going after you. Hell hath no fury like a women scorned (or in this case an Adam Goldberg scorned). You went Hebrew Hammer all over the mafias asses.

vidae
07-29-2012, 02:21 PM
I totally forgot he was the Hebrew Hammer, lol.

Brothgar
07-29-2012, 02:27 PM
Well vidae at one point in the last day Snicho thought you were still an investigator.

CJSchneider
07-29-2012, 03:08 PM
Good game yall. I wish I had made it one more day. I could have cleared D-Unit and nailed Shane when he said he motivated Brody.

fenikz
07-29-2012, 03:40 PM
pfff i solved this thing 2 days ago i was the mvp

Bulldogs
07-29-2012, 03:43 PM
Good write up SP. If you're interested at some point, we could co-mod a game together. Would be both our second games.

ATLDirtyBirds
07-29-2012, 03:47 PM
That's cute.

Bulldogs
07-29-2012, 03:51 PM
That's cute.

You know I'd rather co-mod with you. :wave:

Shane P. Hallam
07-29-2012, 06:07 PM
I'm just glad I beat bantx, haha

Dr. Gonzo
07-29-2012, 06:17 PM
I just realized how great my pickup football team really was.

Gay Ork Wang
07-29-2012, 07:00 PM
i had a graduation tuis weekend so i couldnt really be as active as i want. shouldnt have outed fenikz

fenikz
07-29-2012, 07:03 PM
they knew about me anyway it seems so didn't really matter

Gay Ork Wang
07-29-2012, 07:42 PM
i wouldve played this game so much more different if joey hadnt died day 1

RufusMcDaniel
07-29-2012, 07:48 PM
i wouldve played this game so much more different if joey hadnt died day 1

Yeah, sorry about that.

Brothgar
07-29-2012, 07:54 PM
Seriously though what are the odds that I would track renji two nights in a row have renji target the silenced guy night 1 and the dead guy on the second night.

Snicho
07-29-2012, 08:01 PM
I only still thought he was still an investigator as I hadnt read the last couple of pages. Which i then continued to do, had a little think about it and then eventually went with Vidae. I completely understand that I 'brothed' up there for a little while, but its not like the game was moving anywhere in a hurry considering IBC/D were both out. I may not be vocal but I do tend to vote the right people eventually. I play passively, I unlike Gonzo/JR dont like coming out with big rants accusing people, its just not how I play, ever, no matter what my role is.

And SP, ouch, not letting me play one of your games again, thats a little harsh man :(

Dr. Gonzo
07-29-2012, 08:08 PM
Snicho you just need to be more active. I understand that is your style but just make the effort. Nobody is asking you to be a leader or throw accusations around but you should at least have your own opinion and be vocal, especially when you don't have a power role.

vidae
07-29-2012, 08:13 PM
Snicho lives in Australia so I always give him a bit of leeway when it comes to being around when the thread is open. Caddy though, NEVER!

Dr. Gonzo
07-29-2012, 08:16 PM
Snicho lives in Australia so I always give him a bit of leeway when it comes to being around when the thread is open. Caddy though, NEVER!

Oh I have no problem with him not being around. **** happens. I just think he should be more active when he is around. I think getting the role of townie is an excellent chance to throw caution to the wind and play hard. These games should not be played the same way every time, makes things boring, especially when that way is to not say much and just follow others.

Caddy
07-29-2012, 08:17 PM

Sometimes we just get butt ****** when the thread opens at 2am. Especially when we don't have any actions. When you have an action you can manipulate things a little, but when you don't, you don't really have a choice. I'm happy to wake up at 4 or 5am to check these games, but that's not always possible hence why it may appear we are inactive from time to time.

Show a little compassion Gonzo! <3 Vidae!

Dr. Gonzo
07-29-2012, 08:20 PM
Sometimes we just get butt ****** when the thread opens at 2am. Especially when we don't have any actions. When you have an action you can manipulate things a little, but when you don't, you don't really have a choice. I'm happy to wake up at 4 or 5am to check these games, but that's not always possible hence why it may appear we are inactive from time to time.

Show a little compassion Gonzo! <3 Vidae!

Again, no problem at all when the thread opens and you can't be around because of time differences. That **** happens, I understand. I think that is why you aussies have to make the most of it when the thread is open and you are around. You need to take Snicho under your wing Caddy. Train him in the art of being vocal when around.

Caddy
07-29-2012, 08:25 PM
Again, no problem at all when the thread opens and you can't be around because of time differences. That **** happens, I understand. I think that is why you aussies have to make the most of it when the thread is open and you are around. You need to take Snicho under your wing Caddy. Train him in the art of being vocal when around.

Not much you can really do if someone doesn't want to post as much as me or you. I'm MUCH more harsh on people who post as much as Snicho who live in the States/Canada. No need to name names, those people know who they are.

Dr. Gonzo
07-29-2012, 08:33 PM
Not much you can really do if someone doesn't want to post as much as me or you. I'm MUCH more harsh on people who post as much as Snicho who live in the States/Canada. No need to name names, those people know who they are.

You are correct. All I can do is be an ass and point it out which I have no problem doing. I really would like to see Snicho play one game hard. Considering this game was open for 20+ hours numerous times though I don't think the time zone thing mattered much. It really is not only Snicho though, there are a lot of people who ideally should step it up, not be followers, make the game exciting. Everyone is capable of it, I just hope that being wrong is not what is stopping people. Can't get them all right.

Caddy
07-29-2012, 08:35 PM
You are correct. All I can do is be an ass and point it out which I have no problem doing. I really would like to see Snicho play one game hard. Considering this game was open for 20+ hours numerous times though I don't think the time zone thing mattered much. It really is not only Snicho though, there are a lot of people who ideally should step it up, not be followers, make the game exciting. Everyone is capable of it, I just hope that being wrong is not what is stopping people. Can't get them all right.

If I'm being honest, I'd only consider 5 or so people to NOT be followers.

SuperPacker
07-29-2012, 08:35 PM
It's nothing against you Snicho, it's just when you were on, I wasn't sure you made the effort to post enough. I'd understand if you were evil or something like that, but you were a townie and had nothing to lose by posting.

Caddy
07-29-2012, 08:37 PM
It's nothing against you Snicho, it's just when you were on, I wasn't sure you made the effort to post enough. I'd understand if you were evil or something like that, but you were a townie and had nothing to lose by posting.

People have jobs and stuff.

Dr. Gonzo
07-29-2012, 08:38 PM
If I'm being honest, I'd only consider 5 or so people to NOT be followers.

Hahaha, I am with you there. That is why I am such a **** to anybody who bitches about how I play. ****, I just want to see people grow some balls. I really do think that people just do not want to have to admit after the game that they were wrong about something so they kind of just stay quiet and let others do the dirty work. Ah well, I will continue to do the dirty work, get some wrong and then act like an ass and talk about how great I am. I have no problem being the bad guy.

SuperPacker

"When he was on"

fenikz
im not a follower but no one ever follows me so whatever

Dr. Gonzo
07-29-2012, 08:40 PM

I think it is cute that you defend Snicho so much :)

Aussies got each others back yo.

Bulldogs
Nobody wants to lead because the leaders are taken out in the first three days 90% of the time.

Dr. Gonzo

Every game I deal with that. Every game. ******* this game I go after BB and Vidae hard but of course it is just me being crazy right? WRONG!!!!

Caddy
07-29-2012, 08:41 PM
Nobody wants to lead because the leaders are taken out in the first three days 90% of the time.

People need to nut up.

http://i.imgur.com/JpIzx.jpg

Snicho
07-29-2012, 08:42 PM

I kinda have this issue too. When ever I say something, it either gets completely ignored, or only acknowledged by a couple people.

Also when I am online, the majority of the major players are asleep, so there really isnt many people to discuss stuff with.

Bulldogs
07-29-2012, 08:42 PM
People need to nut up.

Don't look at me you shiny yellow haired bastard.

Dr. Gonzo
07-29-2012, 08:43 PM

Somebody has to do it. If everybody was a vag and didn't talk the mafia would win like 90 percent of the time. I just choose not to be a *****. I think those without night actions really need to start stepping it up so those with night actions don't need to call people out, make themselves a target, and die because of it. SP is right, Snicho made it to the end. One week. In one week he did not play his townie role to the fullest. Not once. People with powers died because of this.

Dr. Gonzo
07-29-2012, 08:45 PM
I kinda have this issue too. When ever I say something, it either gets completely ignored, or only acknowledged by a couple people.

Also when I am online, the majority of the major players are asleep, so there really isnt many people to discuss stuff with.

There are only a select few people who get listened too but you can still break the game down, do some deducing, and share you opinions. It helps. A lot.

Snicho
07-29-2012, 08:51 PM
Somebody has to do it. If everybody was a vag and didn't talk the mafia would win like 90 percent of the time. I just choose not to be a *****. I think those without night actions really need to start stepping it up so those with night actions don't need to call people out, make themselves a target, and die because of it. SP is right, Snicho made it to the end. One week. In one week he did not play his townie role to the fullest. Not once. People with powers died because of this.

I really dont think that it was my fault that we lost power roles because I didnt play townie properly. When push came to shove, I voted for the right people. There wasnt anything I could do with people such as Bantx, I followed him as much as I could, but he got lynched, that wasnt my fault. The first few days were ******** anyways, because we all knew nothing for ages, and our big roles just got picked off during the night. Towards the end of the game, yeah I lost interest, I got bored, didnt follow the game, I'd started a new job, so wasnt finishing work till 1-2am, then slept for half the day. But I really am not trying to use that as an excuse. The fact is I just didnt care towards the end of the game. But whatever, because Town won, and I voted for the right person in the end.

Dr. Gonzo
07-29-2012, 08:55 PM
Well I mean I do think you could have been a lot more vocal early and it might have led to a power role sticking around another day, maybe ending the game earlier and making those last few days less painful. We did win though. Good work. I just would like to see a game where you step up. I have seen the fire in you. I believe in you Snicho! 5/5/12 never forget. You must redeem yourself.

Snicho
07-29-2012, 08:58 PM
Nuh look like I'll play BB's game if he doesnt get the numbers, and fine I'll try play more vocally, but I aint promising anything. Otherwise these will probs be my last games, as I'm back at uni/work now, so Im just not gonna have the time and if my inactivity is such an issue, then itll just be even worse, now that I no longer am on holidays.

Snicho
07-29-2012, 09:00 PM
And I dont think I can ever redeem myself after that Saturday night game.

Brothgar
07-29-2012, 09:17 PM
I wonder if anyone would listen if snicho tried to take the lead?

Snicho
07-29-2012, 09:18 PM
I wonder if anyone would listen if snicho tried to take the lead?

Yea, I highly doubt anyone would.

Bulldogs
07-29-2012, 09:18 PM
If you took the lead and made good points, why not?

Snicho
07-29-2012, 09:20 PM
If you took the lead and made good point, why not?

Because its me aka sniTCHo

Dr. Gonzo
07-29-2012, 09:30 PM
I would listen to you buddy. A good point is a good point regardless of who says it.

Shane P. Hallam
07-29-2012, 11:06 PM
Taking the lead isn't just saying ****, it is owning stuff, being willing to take punishment if you are wrong, and pushing people who don't listen. Just saying "I think we should lynch such and such" is not leading.

Gay Ork Wang
07-30-2012, 04:54 AM
stop making sense

ATLDirtyBirds
07-30-2012, 06:44 AM
Snicho, you don't have to take the lead. Just be willing to duel.

Caddy
07-30-2012, 06:47 AM
I have been coaching Snicho.

Snicho. Is. Ready.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-dOcZQ4KEOCQ/TV6jVYNUqtI/AAAAAAAAASU/jw2W8ucm30E/s1600/simpson_glove_slap.jpg

ATLDirtyBirds
07-30-2012, 07:03 AM
Snicho has been willing to duel lately...You're moving up in the world Snicho.

jrdrylie
07-30-2012, 08:19 AM
Taking the lead isn't just saying ****, it is owning stuff, being willing to take punishment if you are wrong, and pushing people who don't listen. Just saying "I think we should lynch such and such" is not leading.

People are scared to take the lead because when they do, they sometimes say things like this.

Fenikz and GOW, I ask you to switch your vote. Either Shane has somehow pulled of the greatest con I've ever seen or he is good.

Oops!

Gay Ork Wang
07-30-2012, 08:32 AM
i was right though, why would i change!

Grizzlegom
07-30-2012, 08:49 AM
This has to be a two-way street. The "leaders" also need to be willing to follow those who make good points. I see a lot of "if you make a good point, we'll follow you" comments being made but I can think of plenty of times where players make good points and the "leaders" just ignore it. One prime example I can think of was the second DBZ game when GallopingGhost was literally dead on with every one of his suspicions and he persisted and continued making good points and people just shrugged their shoulders and ignored him because he was GG. Gonzo is willingly trying to let other people step up and lead the town, I just hope he can follow through and that others will follow suit. Part of becoming a better player is gaining confidence in your suspicions and posts, and being able to have a short memory when you're wrong. Scum hunting is an art, not a science.

Caddy
07-30-2012, 08:54 AM
This has to be a two-way street. The "leaders" also need to be willing to follow those who make good points. I see a lot of "if you make a good point, we'll follow you" comments being made but I can think of plenty of times where players make good points and the "leaders" just ignore it. One prime example I can think of was the second DBZ game when GallopingGhost was literally dead on with every one of his suspicions and he persisted and continued making good points and people just shrugged their shoulders and ignored him because he was GG. Gonzo is willingly trying to let other people step up and lead the town, I just hope he can follow through and that others will follow suit. Part of becoming a better player is gaining confidence in your suspicions and posts, and being able to have a short memory when you're wrong. Scum hunting is an art, not a science.

If the GG stuff happened after BB's apocalypse game, that would explain why nobody listened. Damn stupid town trusted him over me.

BeerBaron
07-30-2012, 08:56 AM
No, I think that was after. I had a shield in the apocalypse game and I didn't start adding those until after I was one in the 2nd DBZ game.

Snicho
07-30-2012, 08:59 AM
Snicho has been willing to duel lately...You're moving up in the world Snicho.

It does also depend on the person Im supposed to be duelling.

Caddy
07-30-2012, 09:05 AM
No, I think that was after. I had a shield in the apocalypse game and I didn't start adding those until after I was one in the 2nd DBZ game.

I don't care about that BB. The point I was making is that everyone is an idiot for listening to GG!

Gay Ork Wang
07-30-2012, 09:59 AM
the problem is I see that people like Broth and jr just make so many logical mistakes. i really cant trust in that.

Shane P. Hallam
07-30-2012, 10:06 AM
I do have to post Gonzo's rep comment to me during my fight with bantx.

"I do not know who is actually mafia but if I were around I would be backing you right now. Maybe I am wrong but Bantx to me seems to be the one who is mafia. That said you have done some odd things but I am guessing that was to stay alive."

Gay Ork Wang
07-30-2012, 10:14 AM
haha. I WAS AGAINST YOU!

jrdrylie
07-30-2012, 10:16 AM
the problem is I see that people like Broth and jr just make so many logical mistakes. i really cant trust in that.

My big mistake was choosing to lynch bantx over Shane. But nobody was making any logical arguments for lynching Shane. D-Unit said we should lynch shane because it is more fun than lynching bantx. You said Shane "didn't sit well" with you. Snicho said Shane was probably mafia because he was still alive day five.

None of that is based on logic at all. Broth, IBC, and I were very wrong about Shane but if others had helped out with any logical explanations as to why Shane was evil or banxt was good, we may have changed our minds.

SuperMcGee
07-30-2012, 10:27 AM
I do have to post Gonzo's rep comment to me during my fight with bantx.

"I do not know who is actually mafia but if I were around I would be backing you right now. Maybe I am wrong but Bantx to me seems to be the one who is mafia. That said you have done some odd things but I am guessing that was to stay alive."

I always enjoy those. Canadians love to give guess rep that is absolutely incorrect.

vidae
07-30-2012, 10:40 AM
I prefer the "sit back and watch" approach to actual leading, unless I've got a strong hunch. I play townie differently than most. It's actually a lot of work. Every person gets their own little paragraph during the games and it usually expands with voting habits and patterns.

It takes up a lot of my time playing these damn games.

Gay Ork Wang
07-30-2012, 10:46 AM
My big mistake was choosing to lynch bantx over Shane. But nobody was making any logical arguments for lynching Shane. D-Unit said we should lynch shane because it is more fun than lynching bantx. You said Shane "didn't sit well" with you. Snicho said Shane was probably mafia because he was still alive day five.

None of that is based on logic at all. Broth, IBC, and I were very wrong about Shane but if others had helped out with any logical explanations as to why Shane was evil or banxt was good, we may have changed our minds.
your logic that BB was good cause of the silencing.
Your logic that vidae was good.

just stuff like that

i can name more stuff from other games

Brothgar
07-30-2012, 11:18 AM
I've got to LOL at the deleted posts in the discussion thread on the last day. Particularly Todd's

Bulldogs
07-30-2012, 11:23 AM
I've got to LOL at the deleted posts in the discussion thread on the last day. Particularly Todd's

I had your back Broth.