PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story Mafia - Town Wins!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

ImBrotherCain
08-06-2012, 02:18 PM
I voted for you simply to ask where you heard Commie mention the safeclaim. I personally couldn't find it.

He didn't. He gave the mafia in the LOTR safe claims... Ask Gonzo or CMD (is he in this game?)

Cigaro
08-06-2012, 02:20 PM
Alright, fair enough, just wanted to make sure you answered my question.

Unvote: IBC

ImBrotherCain
08-06-2012, 02:22 PM
Alright, fair enough, just wanted to make sure you answered my question.

Unvote: IBC

I didn't know you asked before the vote. :-)

Forenci
08-06-2012, 02:23 PM
My niece is asleep and I'm back!

I don't see OSU as being that suspicious personally. I think it's kind of weird that he has four votes.

Agreed. It makes me a little suspicious of the people voting for him. He's an easy target for mafia to get rid of and not have any suspicion thrown their way. OSU always gets defensive and is even claiming to read the thread this time so I feel like it doesn't make sense to lynch him so hastily.

CJSchneider
08-06-2012, 02:23 PM
Sorry I am late to the party, folks. Severe storms knocked our power out and we just now got cable and internet back up at the house. Going back and reading up now.

CashmoneyDrew
08-06-2012, 02:24 PM
I'm here. Been working, and have to go back in an hour so I won't be posting much today.
But for shits and giggles I'll also tell you I am Mr. Picklepants and I am a townie. (Awesome!!!!)

vote: No lynch

Forenci
08-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Sorry I am late to the party, folks. Severe storms knocked our power out and we just now got cable and internet back up at the house. Going back and reading up now.

Storms in Louisiana? Sounds suspicious to me.

SuperMcGee
08-06-2012, 02:27 PM
...and out come the wolves mafia.

I wish I was pricklepants.

Grizzlegom
08-06-2012, 02:28 PM
Updated Vote Count:

Todd (1): JR
OSUGiants (4): SuperPacker, Gonzo, ATL, Mrs. Grizz
No Lynch (2): Todd, CMD
IBC (1): Cigaro
SP (1): R4L
Killxswitch (1): D-Unit

With 25 players alive, 13 votes are needed for majority.

jrdrylie
08-06-2012, 02:31 PM
I'm here. Been working, and have to go back in an hour so I won't be posting much today.
But for shits and giggles I'll also tell you I am Mr. Picklepants and I am a townie. (Awesome!!!!)

Interesting. Very interesting. Your first post of the game and you character reveal. I could see a mafia member doing this (safeclaim?). It also makes me question Mrs. Grizz. She came out and said this

Well, I'm a townie (or a toy in this case :) ), and my win condition is I win when the town is rid of evil.

I found it interesting that she said was a townie/toy and you did not say this. I also question why she would reveal her role but not her character. I think one of you could be evil.

killxswitch
08-06-2012, 02:33 PM
vote: D-Unit

For being dumb.

CashmoneyDrew
08-06-2012, 02:34 PM
I'm Mr. Pricklepants with an "R" actually which makes more sense since he looks like a hedgehog. But in my defense his pants are green, like a pickle...

Grizzlegom
08-06-2012, 02:34 PM
Updated Vote Count:

Todd (1): JR
OSUGiants (4): SuperPacker, Gonzo, ATL, Mrs. Grizz
No Lynch (2): Todd, CMD
IBC (1): Cigaro
Killxswitch (1): D-Unit
D-Unit (1): Killxswitch

jrdrylie
08-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Unvote Todd

Vote Kill

For being suspicious.

OSUGiants17
08-06-2012, 02:36 PM
Agreed. It makes me a little suspicious of the people voting for him. He's an easy target for mafia to get rid of and not have any suspicion thrown their way. OSU always gets defensive and is even claiming to read the thread this time so I feel like it doesn't make sense to lynch him so hastily.

Thank you for defending me. I am just always a defensive person, that's the way I am on and off these boards. Right now I have my suspicions of jr and Gonzo, but I am always up for a no-lynch day one if we can't get anything big and then using what we saw at night to help us weed out the mafia members. Day/Night one is always the hardest.

Vote: No Lynch

Cigaro
08-06-2012, 02:44 PM

http://i.imgur.com/A2J05.gif

JR's change to KS seems a little odd.

Mrs. Grizz
08-06-2012, 02:47 PM
Interesting. Very interesting. Your first post of the game and you character reveal. I could see a mafia member doing this (safeclaim?). It also makes me question Mrs. Grizz. She came out and said this

I found it interesting that she said was a townie/toy and you did not say this. I also question why she would reveal her role but not her character. I think one of you could be evil.

Maybe I didn't reveal that because I was afraid the mafia would infer something from my character, such as a role, and take me out.

Unvote: OSU

killxswitch
08-06-2012, 02:48 PM

I agree. D-Unit at least outlined his reasons, as misguided as they were. JR is just playing weird. I'm not so sure he is evil but I would at least like to hear his reasoning for voting for me. After our back-and-forth, why just vote for me with no explanation? If anything I was slightly being the aggressor and I didn't (and wasn't yet planning to) vote for him.

unvote: D-Unit

jrdrylie
08-06-2012, 02:49 PM
http://i.imgur.com/A2J05.gif

I have my reasons. He actively argued to not even have a discussion about something, talked about lynching inactives after the thread was open for all of two hours, and then voted for D-Unit immediately after D voted for him.

Cigaro
Maybe I didn't reveal that because I was afraid the mafia would infer something from my character, such as a role, and take me out.

...but you already claimed townie...

Mrs. Grizz
I'm also starting to feel suspicious of JR. I thought he was fine earlier, then he pricked my radar, and then he went back to not, and now it seems he's fishing at things. Shady? Maybe.

jrdrylie
08-06-2012, 02:50 PM

Well you already said you were a townie/toy so in my mind, you don't have a role.

Mrs. Grizz
...but you already claimed townie...

I know, but certain characters could have certain connotations. For example, woody could equal sherriff. Obvi, I know, but still. It's why I don't want to reveal who I am yet. I'll do it if it comes down to that or be lynched, but I just don't see the point.

I unvoted OSU because him seeming stupid didn't seem like a good enough reason to vote for him, as other suspicions are beginning to arise.

Cigaro
Also, what prompted your unvote of OSU? Nevermind you just answered.

Grizzlegom
08-06-2012, 02:52 PM
Updated Vote Count:

OSUGiants (3): SuperPacker, Gonzo, ATL
No Lynch (3): Todd, CMD, OSU
Killxswitch (2): D-Unit, JR

Cigaro
08-06-2012, 02:53 PM
I unvoted for IBC.

killxswitch
08-06-2012, 02:54 PM
I have my reasons. He actively argued to not even have a discussion about something, talked about lynching inactives after the thread was open for all of two hours, and then voted for D-Unit immediately after D voted for him.

These aren't very good or convincing reasons.

-I did not talk about lynching inactives, which is plainly seen if you actually read what I typed. I was very clearly not saying "Let's lynch an inactive". I was identifying to who keep an eye out for since most people had already posted. Check past games, I do this a lot. It is a way to buoy conversation. As I've already stated.

- Also, it was 4 hours in, which I specifically stated. Why are you so suspicious if you can't even read what I say?

- The vote for D-Unit was an obvious joke vote. I even wrote "for being dumb", which is obviously not a valid or serious reason to vote for someone.

- I was not trying to avoid the conversation about revealing our characters. I said such a plan was stupid. Several others have agreed with me, because it is. It's a stupid and easily-defeated idea, even without the comahan provision that's since been fleshed out.

Are these really your reasons?

Grizzlegom
08-06-2012, 02:54 PM
My bad, fixed :smile:

Cigaro
08-06-2012, 02:57 PM
I know, but certain characters could have certain connotations. For example, woody could equal sherriff. Obvi, I know, but still. It's why I don't want to reveal who I am yet. I'll do it if it comes down to that or be lynched, but I just don't see the point.

I unvoted OSU because him seeming stupid didn't seem like a good enough reason to vote for him, as other suspicions are beginning to arise.

You are a townie though, your character almost certainly reflects that. Assuming you are what you say you are...

Mrs. Grizz
08-06-2012, 02:59 PM
You are a townie though, your character almost certainly reflects that. Assuming you are what you say you are...

So is the purpose of this is you want me to reveal? If I reveal my character, then yeah, it becomes obvious that I'm townie. I guess I'm just curious as to what you're asking for/want/thinking.

Cigaro
08-06-2012, 03:01 PM
So is the purpose of this is you want me to reveal? If I reveal my character, then yeah, it becomes obvious that I'm townie. I guess I'm just curious as to what you're asking for/want/thinking.

At this point yes. You have already outed yourself as a townie, and although that at first sufficed for me, your later refusal to out yourself as a corresponding character makes little sense to me.

ImBrotherCain
08-06-2012, 03:01 PM
Seriously... I hate character reveals. It is such a stupid tactic.

CJSchneider
08-06-2012, 03:02 PM
OK, I am all read up. No one jumps out at me, but Mrs. Grizz' quick reveal did get my attention.
As for killxswitch's question about school, I have been going in for the last two weeks with the first mandatory day for teachers being the 9th. Lucky for me, they are waxing my classroom floor tomorrow so I may choose just to stay home.
As for my vote - you could probably predict that by now.

jrdrylie
08-06-2012, 03:03 PM
- I was not trying to avoid the conversation about revealing our characters. I said such a plan was stupid. Several others have agreed with me, because it is. It's a stupid and easily-defeated idea, even without the comahan provision that's since been fleshed out.

Are these really your reasons?

Yes, those are my reasons. But as for the plan being easily defeated without a safeclaim, that is just not true. If everyone revealed their characters, it would be pretty easy to clear at least half of the game (if not more). With usually 25% of the game evil, it would basically be a coin flip to determine whether the remaining are evil. We could probably win the game by only lynching one good person, if that.

With that said, even if the mafia doesn't have a safeclaim, I don't think we should do that because it is not in the spirit of the game.

Grizzlegom
Updated Vote Count:

No Lynch (4): Todd, CMD, OSU, CJ

Cigaro
Seriously... I hate character reveals. It is such a stupid tactic.

I didn't really care to learn her character at first even with her sudden reveal, but it doesn't really make sense to keep it under wraps at this point, so her doing so is a bit odd.

Dr. Gonzo
08-06-2012, 03:06 PM

Very interesting how sure you are in this post that OSU is good. VERY interesting indeed.

killxswitch
08-06-2012, 03:10 PM
Yes, those are my reasons. But as for the plan being easily defeated without a safeclaim, that is just not true. If everyone revealed their characters, it would be pretty easy to clear at least half of the game (if not more). With usually 25% of the game evil, it would basically be a coin flip to determine whether the remaining are evil. We could probably win the game by only lynching one good person, if that.

With that said, even if the mafia doesn't have a safeclaim, I don't think we should do that because it is not in the spirit of the game.

I can't tell if you and D-Unit are trying to get a train going on me or if you were trying to set a trap for a mafia member to too-quickly disagree with the idea of a character reveal strategy. You didn't even bother to respond with my responses so I'm going to assume you have no response and you realize your "reasoning" is weak.

I am leaving work but will be back on later tonight at some point. If D-Unit and JR gain some followers please allow me the chance to defend myself.

Dr. Gonzo
08-06-2012, 03:12 PM

Caddy, is that you? Character revealing is ******** and boring. I also have to think that Grizz has something in place besides just safe claims to help the mafia out in the case of character reveals. I still think OSU is suspect but I am hating how you are approaching this game, seems very evil to me.

Vote: Jr

D-Unit
08-06-2012, 03:15 PM
I can't tell if you and D-Unit are trying to get a train going on me or if you were trying to set a trap for a mafia member to too-quickly disagree with the idea of a character reveal strategy. You didn't even bother to respond with my responses so I'm going to assume you have no response and you realize your "reasoning" is weak.

I am leaving work but will be back on later tonight at some point. If D-Unit and JR gain some followers please allow me the chance to defend myself.
Have there been other mafia games where you have come out on Day 1 to accuse inactives? If so, that would definitely relieve my suspicion on you.

Grizzlegom
08-06-2012, 03:15 PM
Updated Vote Count:

JR (1): Gonzo

D-Unit
08-06-2012, 03:18 PM
If I'm known for hating you it's only because nothing you say or do ever makes any sense.
Nah. It's just your grudge over me and we both know why. Cute excuse though.

Dr. Gonzo
08-06-2012, 03:20 PM
Have there been other mafia games where you have come out on Day 1 to accuse inactives? If so, that would definitely relieve my suspicion on you.

Kill has been action just a bit like classic evil vidae but I ******* hate the argument that if you have approached the game a certain way in the past then you are suspicious if you change up your game play a bit, especially for something like calling out people who have not posted. You seem to just be pissed that your name was brought up.

jrdrylie
08-06-2012, 03:21 PM
Caddy, is that you? Character revealing is ******** and boring. I also have to think that Grizz has something in place besides just safe claims to help the mafia out in the case of character reveals. I still think OSU is suspect but I am hating how you are approaching this game, seems very evil to me.

Vote: Jr

Once again, if you read my posts, you'll see I am not saying we should do this. I have not revealed my character. I called it odd when two other people revealed for little or not reason. I have not asked anyone to reveal. I'm with you Gonzo, I think character revealing is stupid and potentially unfair to the mafia. That is one of the reasons I didn't allow in my game. All I wanted was a discussion of it. And look, my plan worked. We've had a bunch of discussion about it and people have gained suspicions.

Cigaro
08-06-2012, 03:23 PM
Vote: Mrs. Grizz

Well she seems to have disappeared, perhaps this will bring her back.

Gay Ork Wang
08-06-2012, 03:24 PM
Im back, let me read up.

Dr. Gonzo
08-06-2012, 03:26 PM
Once again, if you read my posts, you'll see I am not saying we should do this. I have not revealed my character. I called it odd when two other people revealed for little or not reason. I have not asked anyone to reveal. I'm with you Gonzo, I think character revealing is stupid and potentially unfair to the mafia. That is one of the reasons I didn't allow in my game. All I wanted was a discussion of it. And look, my plan worked. We've had a bunch of discussion about it and people have gained suspicions.

Notice how Grizz was tempting us to role reveal in posts before the game started? I am guessing role revealing won't be that unfair to the mafia. I would even go so far as to say at least one of the mainish characters in the game won't be included for safe claim reasons or will be evil (maybe sid has brainwashed then or some **** like that). Individual character revealing later in the game is probably the only way it will be advantageous to the town.

Mrs. Grizz
08-06-2012, 03:27 PM
Vote: Mrs. Grizz

Well she seems to have disappeared, perhaps this will bring her back.

Seriously? I stop responding to your threats/intimidation/accusations because honestly it's not even worth it, and you immediately vote for me? It's been like half an hour max that I hadn't answered you. Didn't realize that was disappearing.

Seriously, you're really starting to piss me off. THis is why I almost didn't play this game, the whole purpose for me even signing up, because people are douchebags.

BTW, Grizz and I will be leaving work soon, and have a 2 hour commute home. Does that mean that I'll have 'disappeared' again and you'll vote to bring me back?

Jesus Christ. I'm Mrs. Potato Head. GTF off me.

Cigaro
08-06-2012, 03:29 PM
Seriously? I stop responding to your threats/intimidation/accusations because honestly it's not even worth it, and you immediately vote for me? It's been like half an hour max that I hadn't answered you. Didn't realize that was disappearing.

Seriously, you're really starting to piss me off. BTW, Grizz and I will be leaving work soon, and have a 2 hour commute home. Does that mean that I'll have 'disappeared' again and you'll vote to bring me back?

Considering this response, my vote stays.

Grizzlegom
08-06-2012, 03:29 PM
Updated Vote Count:

Mrs. Grizz (1): Cigaro

Mrs. Grizz
08-06-2012, 03:31 PM
Considering this response, my vote stays.

Considering this response, by me getting pissed off? You're like Bulldogs was the last 2 games towards me. Jesus. I'm annoyed because I don't like people who are assholes on principle.

Vote: Cigaro Just because you're being a douche. Give me a good reason to not vote for you. The way you're harping on this makes me think you're mafia, trying to fish for info to use tonight.

ATLDirtyBirds
08-06-2012, 03:33 PM
unvote: OSU
vote: Cigaro

I don't like how back and forth you've been with Mrs. Grizz. I think you are treating this whole safeclaim/character reveal thing a bit odd, and couple that with your OSU defense.

jrdrylie
On the wikipedia page of Toy Story characters, is says about Mrs. Potato Head

She uses her ninja skills and her nunchuk

Could Mrs. Grizz be a 2x ninja for the mafia????? I doubt it, but putting a character who most would think is good in the mafia would be a way of counterbalancing character reveals.

Raiderz4Life
unvote sp

Mrs. Grizz getting so flustered and cracking under a little pressure is reallt odd. The rookie card can only go so far.
lynch mrs. Grizz

Cigaro
08-06-2012, 03:34 PM
Considering this response, by me getting pissed off? You're like Bulldogs was the last 2 games towards me. Jesus. I'm annoyed because I don't like people who are assholes on principle.

Vote: Cigaro Just because you're being a douche. Give me a good reason to not vote for you. The way you're harping on this makes me think you're mafia, trying to fish for info to use tonight.

Yes, you getting pissed. At the slightest urging, you role reveal and state your win condition for ATL. But you then refuse to state your character. When I say you might as well, it won't hurt you any more than your initial reveal, you go quiet. When I vote for you, you show up minutes later extremely pissed off.

You can vote for me that's fine. If I were fishing for information, your gift of a role reveal would have been all that was necessary, the character info would have been meaningless(the point I have been making).

sbh15
08-06-2012, 03:35 PM
surprised at Mrs. Grizz's reaction to that vote. people voting for someone who stops posting all of the sudden are quite common and usually go away pretty quickly

Grizzlegom
08-06-2012, 03:36 PM
Updated Vote Count:

OSUGiants (3): SuperPacker, Gonzo
Mrs. Grizz (2): Cigaro, R4L
Cigaro (2): Mrs. Grizz, ATL

Mrs. Grizz
08-06-2012, 03:36 PM
Yes, you getting pissed. At the slightest urging, you role reveal and state your win condition for ATL. But you then refuse to state your character. When I say you might as well, it won't hurt you any more than your initial reveal, you go quiet. When I vote for you, you show up minutes later extremely pissed off.

You can vote for me that's fine. If I were fishing for information, your gift of a role reveal would have been all that was necessary, the character info would have been meaningless(the point I have been making).

I also didn't further reveal b/c I did it at ATL's urging, then people jumped on it, I cleared that up, then by further not revealing, I become suspicious? Ok. I stated why I didn't want to further reveal, because I was afraid I'd already made myself suspicious, and apparently by trying to protect myself I didn't reveal. I'm Mrs. Potato Head. The end.

Mrs. Grizz
08-06-2012, 03:38 PM
unvote sp

Mrs. Grizz getting so flustered and cracking under a little pressure is reallt odd. The rookie card can only go so far.
lynch mrs. Grizz

I'm getting angry because this happened to me the other two games and the way people were being about it were douchebags. Seriously. I signed up on this forum to play this game specifically, because I love Disney, and at this rate, I'm not going to get to play all because I'm moderately more emotional than the usual player. It happens. I'm a girl. We tend to get offended when people are assholes.

Cigaro
08-06-2012, 03:39 PM
I also didn't further reveal b/c I did it at ATL's urging, then people jumped on it, I cleared that up, then by further not revealing, I become suspicious? Ok. I stated why I didn't want to further reveal, because I was afraid I'd already made myself suspicious, and apparently by trying to protect myself I didn't reveal. I'm Mrs. Potato Head. The end.

Yes, by not further revealing you do become suspicious. This happens all the time in mafia. Half-revealing is as much as full-revealing as far as the mafia is concerned.

Gay Ork Wang
08-06-2012, 03:39 PM
Am i the only one who is suspicious of IBC? I really dont like the notion of suddenly mentioning safe claiming. Cause looking at my PM, i had no such thing as a safe claim...

Mrs. Grizz
08-06-2012, 03:40 PM

Could Mrs. Grizz be a 2x ninja for the mafia????? I doubt it, but putting a character who most would think is good in the mafia would be a way of counterbalancing character reveals.

Hahahahaha. I've never seen her do that in the movies, so I was unaware that's what she can do. All I can picture for her is her packing of insane things for when they went to save Woody in Toy Story 2. And leaving her eye behind on accident when they were taken/went to Sunnyside.

jrdrylie
08-06-2012, 03:41 PM
Am i the only one who is suspicious of IBC? I really dont like the notion of suddenly mentioning safe claiming. Cause looking at my PM, i had no such thing as a safe claim...

If there are safeclaims in this game, only the mafia would have them.

Mrs. Grizz
Yes, by not further revealing you do become suspicious. This happens all the time in mafia. Half-revealing is as much as full-revealing as far as the mafia is concerned.

So I'm confused. If I'd full revealed when I'd been asked, would that have still made me suspicious? If so, that's stupid. People are suspicious because I didn't full reveal, but would have jumped on me if I had done what they'd asked? God you people are confusing.

Cigaro
I'm getting angry because this happened to me the other two games and the way people were being about it were douchebags. Seriously. I signed up on this forum to play this game specifically, because I love Disney, and at this rate, I'm not going to get to play all because I'm moderately more emotional than the usual player. It happens. I'm a girl. We tend to get offended when people are assholes.

You are going to need thicker skin if you want to play these games, regardless of the fact you are a girl. Pressing people isn't being an asshole, its playing the game.

ImBrotherCain
Wait... Did Renji really just say he doesn't have a safe claim?

Did you just pull and OSU, D-Unit and Broth all at the same time.

We now have a winner gents and well gal... We have a new Mafia term... "Renjing"

D-Unit
08-06-2012, 03:42 PM
I'll go on record saying that I don't think Mrs. Grizz is mafia.

I don't know why people think jumping to your own defense is a mafia tendency. A passionate defense, doesn't always equate to a guilty face.

Gay Ork Wang
If there are safeclaims in this game, only the mafia would have them.
which would make sense. that kinda increases my suspicions on him though. Bringing it up first just doesnt sit well with me.

Mrs. Grizz
*** Ork Wang;3081238]Am i the only one who is suspicious of IBC? I really dont like the notion of suddenly mentioning safe claiming. Cause looking at my PM, i had no such thing as a safe claim...[/B]

Wait a second. Is it me, or does this sound like Renji is saying that he's mafia? Or am I the only one reading this this way?

Gay Ork Wang
Wait... Did Renji really just say he doesn't have a safe claim?

Did you just pull and OSU, D-Unit and Broth all at the same time.

We now have a winner gents and well gal... We have a new Mafia term... "Renjing"
??? what are you talking about?

Forenci
Very interesting how sure you are in this post that OSU is good. VERY interesting indeed.

Where did I say he was good? I also said early I felt like he was acting somewhat suspicious too. I'm not clearing him by any means, I just felt it was interesting how so many people were quick to jump on the bandwagon for lynching him and that those people should be looked at because he's an easy target.

It's like when people use to always start a solid 3-4 lynches on you in games because they didn't like how you played. You're an easy target because of your style and voting for someone like that doesn't draw much suspicion in most cases.

ImBrotherCain
08-06-2012, 03:43 PM
Also... quick thought.

Don't you think that Mrs. Potato head would be in the game... and if she was wouldn't that be a sizable role.

If no one else claims that role I am inclined to believe her.

Gay Ork Wang
I assumed a safe claim means everyone gets a character that he can claim. And i dont have a safe claim.

Cigaro
So I'm confused. If I'd full revealed when I'd been asked, would that have still made me suspicious? If so, that's stupid. People are suspicious because I didn't full reveal, but would have jumped on me if I had done what they'd asked? God you people are confusing.

If you are making the choice to reveal, yes it generally is less suspicious to give a full-reveal than to do it piecemeal. People are going to be suspicious of you regardless because your reveal really was not necessary, but at least you would not have been accused of attempting to hide your character or responding angrily when asked to do so.

OSUGiants17
08-06-2012, 03:44 PM

She is definitely a ninja :njx:

Gay Ork Wang
08-06-2012, 03:44 PM
TBH, i doubt Mrs Potatohead is in the game. If she was, she would be a mason imo.

Then again guessing characters in a game doesnt make sense.

Mrs. Grizz
08-06-2012, 03:45 PM
I assumed a safe claim means everyone gets a character that he can claim. And i dont have a safe claim.

But we were discussing earlier how 'safe claim' is something that only mafia gets, and so with your last post it made it seem like you were inadvertently outing yourself as mafia.

ImBrotherCain
08-06-2012, 03:46 PM
??? what are you talking about?

I brought up safe claims because I am THE BIGGEST hater of Character revealing.

I was the one that did away with it... It became a staple to not have it in games because of how many games I mod and how much I detest the action.

The last game that had Character Revealing was LOTR which I was Mafia where I got ****** out of a win due to Character Revealing... The way Commie tried to combat that was to give us safe claims.

I really have no idea what in gods name is suspicious about hating a pretty ****** "feature" Grizz decided to put in the game.

Grizzlegom
08-06-2012, 03:47 PM
Updated Vote Count:

Heading out from work, should be back around 6:30-7 to check in and update the vote count and such. Someone lock if we reach majority please.

Gay Ork Wang
08-06-2012, 03:48 PM
But we were discussing earlier how 'safe claim' is something that only mafia gets, and so with your last post it made it seem like you were inadvertently outing yourself as mafia.
just for your information im GOW/Renji, idk if you knew yet that they also call me renji

I only saw that safeclaim was a character someone could claim. I assumed it would help mafia (obviously) but also the town characters to actually confuse mafia making it a lil less obvious. Cause if town didnt get some, character revealing benefits the mafia.

So since i obviously dont have one, mafia benefits most from character reveals.

SuperMcGee
08-06-2012, 03:48 PM
TBH, i doubt Mrs Potatohead is in the game. If she was, she would be a mason imo.

Then again guessing characters in a game doesnt make sense.

My thought would be that the toys still around in Toy Story 3 are the main ones and would all be around.

OSUGiants17
08-06-2012, 03:49 PM
Mrs. Potatohead would definitely be in the game, she is a rather important character in the movies, but she doesn't do much in the movies other than nag Mr. Potatohead. It doesn't seem that odd that she be a townie, but she most likely is masoned with Mr. Potatohead as someone else stated before.

Gay Ork Wang
08-06-2012, 03:50 PM
I brought up safe claims because I am THE BIGGEST hater of Character revealing.

I was the one that did away with it... It became a staple to not have it in games because of how many games I mod and how much I detest the action.

The last game that had Character Revealing was LOTR which I was Mafia where I got ****** out of a win due to Character Revealing... The way Commie tried to combat that was to give us safe claims.

I really have no idea what in gods name is suspicious about hating a pretty ****** "feature" Grizz decided to put in the game.
the thing that makes my spider sense tingle is that you seem to know that its in the game. You dont have any other assumptions. I mean how do we know that mafia has safe claims?

Cigaro
08-06-2012, 03:51 PM
Eh, if IBC were mafia, it seems it would unquestionably benefit him to keep the safeclaim things under wrap. No one had mentioned it up until he butted in.

ImBrotherCain
08-06-2012, 03:51 PM
the thing that makes my spider sense tingle is that you seem to know that its in the game. You dont have any other assumptions. I mean how do we know that mafia has safe claims?

Well if not than we all role reveal and the game is over... Sooo unless there is some sort of way around that then there is seriously no point in playing.

Don't you get that at all?

OSUGiants17
08-06-2012, 03:52 PM

We don't know, but as IBC said, Grizz most likely wouldn't include character revealing without safe claims otherwise the mafia could be outed easily.

Gay Ork Wang
08-06-2012, 03:53 PM
Well if not than we all role reveal and the game is over... Sooo unless there is some sort of way around that then there is seriously no point in playing.

I DO GET THAT. But Grizz couldve just as well added a bunch of ninja and unblockable kills. I mean there could be other ways to work around it really.

Cigaro
08-06-2012, 03:53 PM
As for the Mrs. Potatohead claim, its hard to make any judgement from that. The first thing I thought when I read that was what some have stated, that she would actually be a mason if good because that makes perfect sense. But of course there's nothing really to imply Grizz went that route. Mrs. Potatohead would also make sense to give as a safeclaim.

Gay Ork Wang
08-06-2012, 03:54 PM
Eh, if IBC were mafia, it seems it would unquestionably benefit him to keep the safeclaim things under wrap. No one had mentioned it up until he butted in.
It can benefit mafia though. It makes us doubt every single claim someone makes of a lesser character.

Cigaro
08-06-2012, 03:55 PM

I agree, mass character claims should be avoided because that really lessens the fun of the game. That being said, if you are going to go ahead and reveal your role, I can't see that legitimate of a reason to keep your character hidden. If kept to a case-by-case, individualized basis I don't mind it as much.

ImBrotherCain
08-06-2012, 03:57 PM
Just for clarification on how much I detest name claiming.

Well seeing as we should have won this game if it wasn't for stupid ass role reveals.

Lynch: Cain

**** theme games. I am done with them

When we said role claiming we meant name claiming.

As you said telling your role is completely necessary and cannot be removed

This... Not that the Potter game was bad by any means but with good write ups and learning the character/ role after they should be enough to avoid the instant town win when role claiming is used

Somebody else can start anew on the DBZ game if they'd like. IBC's experience in the LotR game has soured him on wanting to be involved in any themed games anymore. We were starting to scrap what we had going and start over anyway.

-------------------------------------------
Wait when you say character reveals, do you mean character reveals?

You better believe it.

Wait what...?

That isn't a good thing.

Gay Ork Wang
08-06-2012, 03:59 PM
I dont doubt you hate it. Never said it. I just think its curious that you are adamant that the solution grizz picked is a safe claim

ImBrotherCain
08-06-2012, 04:02 PM
I dont doubt you hate it. Never said it. I just think its curious that you are adamant that the solution grizz picked is a safe claim

DUDE GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD. If the Mafia did not have a safeclaim this is how the game would go.

"Caddy (Because its always Caddy that starts this ****): Everyone what is your character."

*Everyone that has a town based character role reveals*

*Mafia is left to scramble to look up ****** toys that wouldn't really be in the game to claim*

*Town then procceeds to lynch every person with a half assed character claim*

End of game.

SuperMcGee
08-06-2012, 04:03 PM
It can benefit mafia though. It makes us doubt every single claim someone makes of a lesser character.

Hmm. This part actually makes a bit of sense. I think minor character claims would have been doubted, anyway, but still worth keeping in mind.

Gay Ork Wang
08-06-2012, 04:08 PM
DUDE GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD. If the Mafia did not have a safeclaim this is how the game would go.

"Caddy (Because its always Caddy that starts this ****): Everyone what is your character."

*Everyone that has a town based character role reveals*

*Mafia is left to scramble to look up ****** toys that wouldn't really be in the game to claim*

*Town then procceeds to lynch every person with a half assed character claim*

End of game.
Did i say there was no solution? I said it doesnt have to be a safeclaim.

Raiderz4Life
08-06-2012, 04:09 PM
Damn IBC gettin mad lol

I'm in gtdamn Bakersfield, its blazing hot and I'm sweating my balls off. Not happy...ppl...make me happy lol

ImBrotherCain
08-06-2012, 04:10 PM
Did i say there was no solution? I said it doesnt have to be a safeclaim.

Ninja kills and **** like that would still basically give the same result.

Dr. Gonzo
08-06-2012, 04:13 PM
unvote: jr

vote: gow

And I come full circle back to you. You done goofed and I am going with my gut on this one.

Gay Ork Wang
08-06-2012, 04:15 PM
Ninja kills and **** like that would still basically give the same result.
there could be stuff like giving mafia extra powers if they find out certain people or something.

Also, yay Gonzo is back at lynching me

ATLDirtyBirds
08-06-2012, 04:15 PM
Meh I could really go either way with Mrs. Grizz. If the mafia were afforded safeclaims, they would have been given the town's win condition and likely a somewhat obscure toy, which would therefore make sense to claim to be a townie.

But I am kind of leaning that her role reveal was sincere, just completely unnecessary.

What has made you change so much from this post Cigaro? I agree that Mrs. Grizz got overly defensive, but I think you're pushing her lynching for a pretty silly reason, especially after you made the post I quoted above.

Cigaro
08-06-2012, 04:16 PM
What has made you change so much from this post Cigaro? I agree that Mrs. Grizz got overly defensive, but I think you're pushing her lynching for a pretty silly reason, especially after you made the post I quoted above.

The bolded part.

In addition, in the very post you quoted I said it was quite possible that what she is claiming now could be a mafia tactic.

RufusMcDaniel
08-06-2012, 04:18 PM
I'm up for lynching any American right now, anyone else?

ATLDirtyBirds
08-06-2012, 04:20 PM
I'm up for lynching you. And/or McGee.

RufusMcDaniel
08-06-2012, 04:22 PM
Hey ATL, how did death feel, dawg?

SuperMcGee
08-06-2012, 04:23 PM
My thoughts on Rufus are pending based on result of vampire game.

Also, suck it ATL.

Raiderz4Life
08-06-2012, 04:27 PM
Imma be away for a while now...will check up on this when possible.

ATLDirtyBirds
08-06-2012, 04:34 PM
Hey ATL, how did death feel, dawg?

My thoughts on Rufus are pending based on result of vampire game.

Also, suck it ATL.

Evil bastards, both of you.

Gay Ork Wang
08-06-2012, 04:37 PM
I gotta go to bed. Please dont kill me.

CashmoneyDrew
08-06-2012, 04:40 PM
Brodeur is evil sure as ****.

Todd Bertuzzi
08-06-2012, 04:42 PM
I'm still waiting for Woot to blow this game open.

D-Unit
08-06-2012, 04:44 PM
Since this is Toy Story, lets try to play this game nicely instead of raging at each other's throats. I think it would take this game to another level if we used more fundamental mafia game strategy than voting based off grudge, angst or another's perceived stupidity level (although this one might be unavoidable, lol).

I really don't know who to go off of right now. I'm ok with a No Lynch for the time being. Things may change.

unvote: killswitch
vote: No Lynch

fenikz
08-06-2012, 04:57 PM
sounds evil to me

Vote: D-Unit

Bulldogs
08-06-2012, 05:09 PM
I have a big post set up for later, but I am siding with IBC 100% in the whole Cain/Renji debacle.

jrdrylie
08-06-2012, 05:21 PM
I have a big post set up for later, but I am siding with IBC 100% in the whole Cain/Renji debacle.

Can't wait buddy

Cigaro
08-06-2012, 05:24 PM
Can't wait buddy

He said buddy, they are clearly aligned.

Grizzlegom
08-06-2012, 05:26 PM
Updated Vote Count:

No Lynch (5): Todd, CMD, OSU, CJ, D-Unit
Killxswitch (1): JR
Renji (1): Gonzo
D-Unit (1): Fenikz

fenikz
08-06-2012, 05:27 PM

http://i.imgur.com/rmF2k.gif

ATLDirtyBirds
08-06-2012, 05:27 PM
The bolded part.

Interesting. So when Mrs. Grizz vehemently defends herself, evil. Yet you were the first (I believe) to defend OSU when he slinked away or "played dumb". Honestly, it looks to me you're setting yourself up so that you can't be blamed when Mrs. Grizz turns up good because she was overly boisterous. But if your mafia buddy OSU went down, you could simply say, "well, that's how he played last game, so you can't blame me there!"

My vote for you stands.

Cigaro
08-06-2012, 05:29 PM
Interesting. So when Mrs. Grizz vehemently defends herself, evil. Yet you were the first (I believe) to defend OSU when he slinked away or "played dumb". Honestly, it looks to me you're setting yourself up so that you can't be blamed when Mrs. Grizz turns up good because she was overly boisterous. But if your mafia buddy OSU went down, you could simply say, "well, that's how he played last game, so you can't blame me there!"

My vote for you stands.

If you think OSU and Mrs. Grizz's defense were the same, I don't think I can really be of any help.

Cigaro
08-06-2012, 05:33 PM
To illustrate;

I have read every page of this thread so far Gonzo, and haven't lied once in any mafia game I have ever played.

So, what have I done to warrant suspicions?

Look through my posts in this thread and tell me what was a lie or suspicious? That is all I was trying to point out. I have only talked about the trivia and misread a post by Grizz.

Compared to;

Seriously, you're really starting to piss me off. THis is why I almost didn't play this game, the whole purpose for me even signing up, because people are douchebags.

BTW, Grizz and I will be leaving work soon, and have a 2 hour commute home. Does that mean that I'll have 'disappeared' again and you'll vote to bring me back?

Not really the same at all. But I will say you are right in your accusation that I am comparing them to past games, as OSU is acting the same way he did in the last game when he was good, and Mrs. Grizz is acting the same way she did in the last game when she was evil. I would assume that you would be smart enough to not blatantly defend a mafia buddy, but if she turns up evil you are clearly the next person of interest.

jrdrylie
08-06-2012, 05:34 PM

Nailed it!

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/clap%20clap%20clap/grand/Ryan-Gosling-clap-clap-clap-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1398.gif

ATLDirtyBirds
08-06-2012, 05:40 PM
If you think OSU and Mrs. Grizz's defense were the same, I don't think I can really be of any help.

I was suggesting that they were completely different. That's the point. I found it interesting that you favored OSU's defense. I think you did so (beyond the fact that I think both of you are mafia) because it gives you an easier cop out.

Cigaro
08-06-2012, 05:43 PM
I was suggesting that they were completely different. That's the point. I found it interesting that you favored OSU's defense. I think you did so (beyond the fact that I think both of you are mafia) because it gives you an easier cop out.

...or I actually find OSU's defense as more indicative of town-alignment than Mrs. Grizz's, based on how they defended themselves in the past and what their alignment was.

ATLDirtyBirds
08-06-2012, 05:50 PM
...or I actually find OSU's defense as more indicative of town-alignment than Mrs. Grizz's, based on how they defended themselves in the past and what their alignment was.

Albeit not justified, I think it's pretty clear why Mrs. Grizz acted as she did here. I don't believe that the same argument can be made for OSU.

D-Unit
08-06-2012, 05:54 PM
sounds evil to me

Vote: D-Unit

http://img848.imageshack.us/img848/2008/tumblrlzwmu1og461rpl4yg.gif

fenikz
08-06-2012, 05:55 PM
clearly a diversion tactic to hide your evilness

D-Unit
08-06-2012, 06:08 PM
clearly a diversion tactic to hide your evilness
Too bad you didn't play in the Historical game. I was finally a mafia member and you would've been right for once, that I was indeed evil. Instead, you're just building a reputation for looking like a clown for going after me and being wrong in every mafia game we're both in.

fenikz
08-06-2012, 06:09 PM
you are 1 of 3 people I know I can get a reaction out of helps me figure out what side you're on

D-Unit
08-06-2012, 06:13 PM
you are 1 of 3 people I know I can get a reaction out of helps me figure out what side you're on
So after all these times of being wrong, you think you finally got it now huh?

OKkkkkayyy.... :rolleyes:

vidae
08-06-2012, 06:16 PM

Classic evil Mrs. Grizz.

fenikz
08-06-2012, 06:19 PM
So after all these times of being wrong, you think you finally got it now huh?

OKkkkkayyy.... :rolleyes:

you do seem evil right now

DeepThreat
08-06-2012, 06:21 PM
Right now, OSU seems the most off to me, but that could just be him being a bit... off.

Other than him, Renji seems a bit weird, and D-Unit is annoying as always.

I'm cool with voting for any of them.

D-Unit
08-06-2012, 06:22 PM
Right now, OSU seems the most off to me, but that could just be him being a bit... off.

you are 1 of 3 people I know I can get a reaction out of helps me figure out what side you're on.

Dr. Gonzo
08-06-2012, 06:24 PM

Then ******* vote for one of them you evil bastard. I am investigating you tonight!

jrdrylie
08-06-2012, 06:24 PM
Not a bad thought at all. This SHOULDN'T take all day. The Australians aren't in this game so everybody should be able to participate pretty soon. There is no reason this day shouldn't end this evening.

Ugh, apparently I was incorrect.

D-Unit
08-06-2012, 06:25 PM
you do seem evil right now
in your eyes, i'm always evil. so what's different now? :neutral:

Cigaro
08-06-2012, 06:25 PM

The thread has been open for nine hours. I don't want day one taking forever either, but as of now I have no complaints about the time.

Dr. Gonzo
08-06-2012, 06:26 PM

You were kidding yourself if you thought this would be finished in a timely matter. This will eventually end with a no lynch because ************* are bitches.

D-Unit
08-06-2012, 06:26 PM
There's no RR in this game, so I suspect at least 41 pages for Day 1. :evil_laugh:

DeepThreat
08-06-2012, 06:27 PM
you are 1 of 3 people I know I can get a reaction out of helps me figure out what side you're on.

I'm sure you can, since the only time I've been evil was on another board.

fenikz
08-06-2012, 06:29 PM
seems like you're due then

Unvote: D-Unit
Vote: Deep

DeepThreat
08-06-2012, 06:32 PM
seems like you're due then

Unvote: D-Unit
Vote: Deep

You would think so!

Grizzlegom
08-06-2012, 06:33 PM
Updated Vote Count:

OSUGiants (1): SuperPacker
Deep (1): Fenikz

sbh15
08-06-2012, 06:39 PM
good to see I can take a two hour break from this thread without coming back to ten-plus pages to read. don't think I've missed much, but I'm probably deciding between no-lynch and OSU as of right now. interesting to see him quiet down after catching so much heat earlier

Cigaro
08-06-2012, 06:48 PM
Well this has slowed a bit.

jrdrylie
08-06-2012, 06:50 PM
The people who haven't voted yet are Cain, Bulldogs, McGee, Renji, Brodeur, Vidae, Rufus, kill, sbh, Woot, Deep, and Forenci. People like Cain, Renji, and kill have voiced their opinions in great detail but I'd like to hear from some of the others as to which way they are leaning.

I'm also waiting for that long post that Bulldogs promised us all.

Cigaro
08-06-2012, 06:54 PM
Brody and Bulldogs stated they wouldn't be too active today. Renji is asleep. Vidae said he was preoccupied with his niece, don't know when that will end. For what it is worth, SuperPacker has been oddly quiet.

I don't have a problem with actually discussing things and keeping the day going, but if the day is just going to be drawn out like this with no one really talking, I will be changing my vote to no lynch. Its my normal preference and we can address Mrs. Grizz later if necessary.

Cigaro
08-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Apparently Cain and Forenci are playing Day Z, just to note.

DeepThreat
08-06-2012, 07:02 PM
I might be out for a while tonight, so for the mean time:

Vote OSUGiants

Mrs. Grizz
08-06-2012, 07:14 PM
Hey, I'm back, just let me read through and figure out what's gone on since I left.

Grizzlegom
08-06-2012, 07:19 PM
Updated Vote Count:

OSUGiants (2): SuperPacker, Deep

Mrs. Grizz
08-06-2012, 07:22 PM
Ok, reading what I did, here are my thoughts.

I'm still suspicious of JR and Cigaro. I've gone back and forth on that one for a bit, but I'm still suspicious of them. That being said,

Unvote: Cigaro

because while all this back and forth is fun (and when I inevitably get investigated tonight), I think that we need to get some more information, and come to come clear conclusions, instead of everyone just shooting in the dark a la Gonzo (or so I've heard how Gonzo plays).

vidae
08-06-2012, 07:24 PM
vote : no lynch

We know this is going to happen so we might as well get on with it.

Grizzlegom
08-06-2012, 07:24 PM
Updated Vote Count:

No Lynch (8): Todd, CMD, OSU, CJ, D-Unit, Mrs. Grizz, vidae, Cigaro
Mrs. Grizz (1): R4L
Cigaro (1): ATL

Cigaro
08-06-2012, 07:28 PM
Its my usual preference, and appears the only thing that will come of today at this point, so...

Unvote: Mrs. Grizz
Vote: No lynch

fenikz
08-06-2012, 07:36 PM
Unvote: Deep

Dr. Gonzo
08-06-2012, 07:38 PM
Hey Mrs. Grizz, **** right off. I defend you and this is how you repay me? I don't take shots in the dark, every move is calculated, every carefully designed to give me information. I play to win the game. The ultimate mastermind.

sbh15
08-06-2012, 07:38 PM
I'm fine with a no lynch, as well. I actually think we got some information out of today, anyway. I'm going to double-check that we've heard from everyone, as well, but for now

vote: no lynch

Mrs. Grizz
08-06-2012, 07:39 PM
Hey Mrs. Grizz, **** right off. I defend you and this is how you repay me? I don't take shots in the dark, every move is calculated, every carefully designed to give me information. I play to win the game. The ultimate mastermind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMk5sMHj58I

vidae
08-06-2012, 07:40 PM

:njx: :njx: :njx:

jrdrylie
08-06-2012, 07:41 PM

Gonzo pops in right as the day is winding down to ask for protection and a watcher.

Dr. Gonzo
08-06-2012, 07:43 PM
Well considering I said I am investigating deep tonight it will be interesting to see if I am alive tomorrow.

D-Unit
08-06-2012, 07:43 PM
That's 10 for No Lynch. Looking for 3 more to wrap this up.

Dr. Gonzo
08-06-2012, 07:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMk5sMHj58I

You got the reference. Consider the hatchet buried. I demand respect though, my style of play gets ************* results.

jrdrylie
08-06-2012, 07:46 PM
Well considering I said I am investigating deep tonight it will be interesting to see if I am alive tomorrow.

Hmmm, that's the first I've seen you say you were investigating someone. I must have missed it. I'm very interested in hearing your findings.

CJSchneider
08-06-2012, 07:58 PM

Kf04zlExM8c

DeepThreat
08-06-2012, 08:03 PM
Ugh, **** no lynches. Seriously, **** them.

jrdrylie
08-06-2012, 08:08 PM

Come on, get on board. No lynch is the new trend.

D-Unit
08-06-2012, 08:10 PM
Of course you feel that way. You're in the ******* mafia...and right now, for you, the more innocent townie deaths the better. With the odds clearly in favor of that happening on Day 1, a No lynch vote is not what the mafia wants.

I've never seen a No Lynch on Day 1 that has lead to the Town losing the game. What's your beef?

Cigaro
08-06-2012, 08:11 PM
Of course you feel that way. You're in the ******* mafia...and right now, for you, the more innocent townie deaths the better. With the odds clearly in favor of that happening on Day 1, a No lynch vote is not what the mafia wants.

I've never seen a No Lynch on Day 1 that has lead to the Town losing the game. What's your beef?

It has happened before.

Raiderz4Life
08-06-2012, 08:12 PM
Just got home from Bakersfield and tired as **** haha...reading through seems we're no lynching. That's find by me.

Unvote Mrs. Grizz
no lynch

DeepThreat
08-06-2012, 08:15 PM

Call D-Unit stupid. Get accused of being mafia.

Guys, we are all mafia.

Grizzlegom
08-06-2012, 08:20 PM
Updated Vote Count:

No Lynch (12): Todd, CMD, OSU, CJ, D-Unit, Mrs. Grizz, vidae, Cigaro, fenikz, sbh, R4L, killxswitch
Cigaro (1): ATL

D-Unit
08-06-2012, 08:21 PM
Call D-Unit stupid. Get accused of being mafia.

Guys, we are all mafia.
So Captain Deflection, you got no defense for disagreeing with the No Lynch? Haha aight.

killxswitch
08-06-2012, 08:21 PM
No lynch eh? Ok.

vote: no-lynch

Interesting that JR, one of the biggest no-lynch supporters in the past, has decided to keep his vote for me.

jrdrylie
08-06-2012, 08:29 PM
No lynch eh? Ok.

vote: no-lynch

Interesting that JR, one of the biggest no-lynch supporters in the past, has decided to keep his vote for me.

I vote for people I think are evil.

D-Unit
08-06-2012, 08:31 PM
Deep, just vote no lynch. You know you want to. I want you to.

ATLDirtyBirds
08-06-2012, 08:43 PM
Sigh.

unvote: Cigaro
vote: no lynch

Grizzlegom
08-06-2012, 08:47 PM
Final Vote Count:

No Lynch (13): Todd, CMD, OSU, CJ, D-Unit, Mrs. Grizz, vidae, Cigaro, fenikz, sbh, R4L, killxswitch, ATL

Grizzlegom
08-06-2012, 08:48 PM
After much deliberation, the town could not come to any consensus on who they thought was the most evil and decided to move for a no lynch, pushing it off until the following day when they hope more information presents itself.

SEND ME YOUR NIGHT ACTIONS!!!!!!

Grizzlegom
08-07-2012, 08:43 AM
The town is stirred awake on day two by a cackling laughter. As they groggily begin to come to, they are quickly jolted the rest of the way awake by a large explosion. Everyone rushes outside and begins looking around. As they arrive outside, they see body parts laying all over the place. An arm to the left, a pair of shoes to the right. Over in the sandbox, there are a pair of angry eyes and a mustache, and up on top of the slide, it appears his hat landed. Noticeably missing were Cainís mouth and familiar potato-shaped body.

http://animationanomaly.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Mr-Potato-Head.jpg

ImBrotherCain (Mr. Potato Head, Mason) has been killed.

As they take in the horror of it all, they notice there is another member of the party missing. Cigaro is not amongst those that rushed outside. There is no sign of him outside so they venture back into Sunnyside and they find him in the Caterpillar room. It appears that he was ripped limb from limb by someone that must have been very strong. His stuffing is littered all throughout the room and heís hanging from the ceiling by his pullstring, his voicebox nowhere in sight.

http://freedisneyclipartsite.com/images/free_disney_clip_art_woody.jpg

Cigaro (Sheriff Woody Pride, Cop) has been killed.

With 23 players alive, 12 votes are needed for the lynch.

Wootylicous
08-07-2012, 08:46 AM
Woody nooooooooo :(

jrdrylie
08-07-2012, 08:47 AM
Ouch, losing Woody right away is a big hurt. Looking forward to seeing what Gonzo's investigation returned.

SuperPacker
08-07-2012, 08:48 AM
holy **** that was not a good night!

Mrs. Grizz
08-07-2012, 08:55 AM
Oh no Woody! That sucks. And I lost Mr. Potato Head :'(

jrdrylie
08-07-2012, 08:58 AM
Oh no Woody! That sucks. And I lost Mr. Potato Head :'(

So I assume you were masoned with him. Did he have anything to say last night worth noting?

killxswitch
08-07-2012, 08:59 AM
That is a brutal first night. Hopefully Gonzo actually is some sort of investigator and isn't just full of ****.

Mrs. Grizz
08-07-2012, 09:03 AM
So I assume you were masoned with him. Did he have anything to say last night worth noting?

I was, yes. We had some suspicions, Cigaro being right at the top. Looks like we were wrong about that =/

We also talked about R4L being up there in our suspicions pretty high along with Cigaro. Renji we were thinking about as well, and Deep, though not to the extent as the others. JR, you were on our list too, but somewhere in the middle of all of it.

Cigaro and R4L were our biggest suspicions, Deep was down at the bottom (more of a lurking idea), Renji, ATL, and JR in the middle. I personally thought about ATL as well, and we had a little back and forth on that, but in the end he was in the middle as well.

killxswitch
08-07-2012, 09:05 AM
I was, yes. We had some suspicions, Cigaro being right at the top. Looks like we were wrong about that =/

We also talked about R4L being up there in our suspicions pretty high along with Cigaro. Renji we were thinking about as well, and Deep, though not to the extent as the others. JR, you were on our list too, but somewhere in the middle of all of it.

Cigaro and R4L were our biggest suspicions, Deep was down at the bottom (more of a lurking idea), Renji, ATL, and JR in the middle. I personally thought about ATL as well, and we had a little back and forth on that, but in the end he was in the middle as well.

Any specific reasons for these suspicions?

killxswitch
08-07-2012, 09:07 AM
I'd also like to hear a lot more from Brodeur today.

Raiderz4Life
08-07-2012, 09:09 AM
I'm gonna bet no.

Mrs. Grizz
08-07-2012, 09:20 AM
Any specific reasons for these suspicions?

Here's what we were thinking...

*Cigaro*
Cigaro is playing unlike he has recently. He is very active, very in your face. I am unsure if he has been Mafia in the past but often members of the Mafia try to lead the charge in order to make themselves look good in the towns eyes.

*R4L*
raiderz4life is usually pretty inactive. He said he can typically only post when he is at work so this is an anomaly as he was out driving somewhere today. Last time he was mafia he was pretty active (It was the Infection game).

*JR*
jrdrylie seems too aggressive and isn't making much sense. His little "plan" earlier is exactly what TBW did in the first game. Come out with something then quickly switch the attack on the people that follow you.

*Renji*
Renji hit Cain when he said that statement about not getting a safe claim. Hiding in plain sight maybe?

*Deep*
He is on the fringe of my suspicions but his increased participation is interesting. He is almost always inactive.

Raiderz4Life
08-07-2012, 09:24 AM
1. I lost my job a little over two months ago. 2. I wasn't driving I was a passanger on a 2 1/2 hour drive 3. Its like the 2nd game we've played together so you're just going off pure hear say about my play style.

Mrs. Grizz
08-07-2012, 09:26 AM
1. I lost my job a little over two months ago. 2. I wasn't driving I was a passanger on a 2 1/2 drive 3. Its like the 2nd game we've played together so you're just going off pure hear say about my play style.

1. I'm sorry you lost your job :(

2. Ok.

3. This is just what he and I talked about, and he was informing me of your usual playing style, so this was 'ooc' for you normally according to Cain, so that's why we were flagging it.

ATLDirtyBirds
08-07-2012, 09:27 AM
I thought Cigaro was off too, so you and Cain weren't alone. Right now, I'm still leaning OSU though, I don't think I was wrong about that. I want to hear some others chime in before I make an official vote.

Brody is supposed to be back today, yes? I'd like to know what his thoughts on Brodeur are. I'd also like to hear more from Todd today.

A few other looming suspicions, but I want to see how a few people act today before I go full Gonzo.

Forenci
08-07-2012, 09:30 AM
well, this sucks. Losing a Mason and an investigator night one? Very harsh. Not really sure where to go from here.

Raiderz4Life
08-07-2012, 09:32 AM
I'm still leaning towards SP tbh. If anyone's actions were fishy it was his. He popped in and out, one time just to vote for OSU...and even if most of whaf he posts doesn't make sense he still posts at a rapid pace.

jrdrylie
08-07-2012, 09:33 AM
Two things from Renji jumped out at me. The first, he was talking about a quick lynch. I know we all hate drawn out day ones, but a quick lynch doesn't help us all that much. The second quote, it looks like a possibly slip up.

Just go with the gut and get a quick lynch going would be the least painful day 1. We could however do that 48hours no lynch routine.

I'm not sure about this post from McGee. Something about it sticks out to me but I can't put my finger on it.

An interesting group, for sho.

jr's plan is one that is no fun, absolutely. The concern becomes: have we gotten to the point where we've seen enough "Can't see him being evil if he'd propose such a crazy plan" where it can start to become a mafia tactic?

Character reveals obviously put us way ahead without having to strategize with them. I'm not leaning either way on this one, just yet.

Now Mrs. Grizz is a little more sketchy, if you ask me. Win condition reveal is totally new kids on the blech. The way she referenced the mafia here just didn't sit right with me. Just a bit of a hunch.

I didn't like the manner of conception for the OSU train, coming from his sworn enemy in SP. He has basically only defended himself with incompetence, though. I never know with those two. I want to keep him talking.

SP acted very strangely yesterday. He was less active. And he said we shouldn't have discussions right after killxswitch said it. I don't like anyone saying we shouldn't discuss. But someone piggy-backing on someone else is even worse in my eyes.

There's not much discussion to be had. It's stupid and not going to happen. Not sure why you're so desperate to defend it.

I'm also suspicious of people voting for OSU, which included SP, Gonzo, ATL, and Mrs. Grizz. Gonzo says he is an investigator and Mrs. Grizz appears to be a mason, so that leaves SP and ATL. ATL also looked suspicious for voting for Cigaro very soon after Mrs. Grizz did.

But for now

Vote SP

Raiderz4Life
08-07-2012, 09:36 AM
I thought Cigaro wasn't all that suspicious. He might have cranked up the heat or Mrs. Grizz a little too much but Mrs. Grizz's reactions also seemed to just fuel said heat. I'm sure he was just trying to get her to slip up and crack. I thought myself Mrs. Grizz was evil the way she just went and outed herself.

CJSchneider
08-07-2012, 09:37 AM
Today is a somewhat busy day for me, but I want to check in and post, even if it is a bit crazy. keep in mind, these are just the thoughts bouncing around in my head.

Zurg is probably the SK and killed Potato head. I say that because Woody was found in a place it would have taken an adult to hang him. My initial thought was that it was Scud who got him (with the stuffing being torn out and all). Perhaps it still could be.

Any other hunches I have come from the knowledge that random is not always random added to my own gut feelings.

SuperPacker
08-07-2012, 09:37 AM
I didn't post a lot in the Vampire game, either.

Js.

Grizzlegom
08-07-2012, 09:39 AM
Updated Vote Count:

SuperPacker (1): JR

With 23 players alive, 12 votes are needed for majority.

Mrs. Grizz
08-07-2012, 09:40 AM
Two things from Renji jumped out at me. The first, he was talking about a quick lynch. I know we all hate drawn out day ones, but a quick lynch doesn't help us all that much. The second quote, it looks like a possibly slip up.

SP acted very strangely yesterday. He was less active. And he said we shouldn't have discussions right after killxswitch said it. I don't like anyone saying we shouldn't discuss. But someone piggy-backing on someone else is even worse in my eyes.

I'm also suspicious of people voting for OSU, which included SP, Gonzo, ATL, and Mrs. Grizz. Gonzo says he is an investigator and Mrs. Grizz appears to be a mason, so that leaves SP and ATL. ATL also looked suspicious for voting for Cigaro very soon after Mrs. Grizz did.

I'm still suspicious of ATL, just the way, like you said, he popped in to vote for Cigaro after I did and then popped out again, and the only time we really heard from him was when he was defending his vote, and me, and then left. Now, I love being defended, but it makes me nervous the way he went about it, hence why he's on my list.

jrdrylie
08-07-2012, 09:42 AM
ATL and killxswitch also jumped on the no lynch train at the end. Late votes are always viewed with suspicion. I'm not worried about Kill anymore but this just adds to the suspicion of ATL.

Forenci
08-07-2012, 09:44 AM
Meh, I think the way things were going you can't look too much into hopping on a no lynch train, JR.

vidae
08-07-2012, 09:52 AM
We always seem to lose a Cop the first day, don't we? Ugh. I didn't get the OSU suspicion yesterday and I don't get it today, but going back over what SP said was interesting. I'm not sure I trust him. And I'm not entirely sure I trust JR either, for whatever its worth. Call it a hunch, but I'm not liking what I'm seeing from him.

Grizzlegom
08-07-2012, 09:53 AM
Heading to a meeting at 11, should be back by noon. Don't forget what's coming shortly thereafter!

jrdrylie
08-07-2012, 09:54 AM
We always seem to lose a Cop the first day, don't we? Ugh. I didn't get the OSU suspicion yesterday and I don't get it today, but going back over what SP said was interesting. I'm not sure I trust him. And I'm not entirely sure I trust JR either, for whatever its worth. Call it a hunch, but I'm not liking what I'm seeing from him.

You can trust me. Unless you are mafia. Then I wouldn't trust me at all.

CJSchneider
08-07-2012, 09:55 AM
This needs to happen. However, I'll forgo or possibly just delay a few of my usual Day 1 tactics since I've arrived later than usual. Two few people that have piqued my interest:

1. OSU: Seems over panicked to the recent events. Questioned the joke voting.

2. Todd: He's leaving and put out a no lynch vote. I don't mind that he informed us that he won't be around but in a time limitless game, to throw out a no lynch vote seems odd to me.

Considering his jumpiness, let's see how he handles this.

vote: OSU

If my memory serves me, Todd has been a supported of Day 1 no lynch lately, so for him to do so again is not abnormal, pointing the finger at it did however.

And a defender emerges.

This was to Cigaro'd defense of OSU.

After your initial mistake and explanation, you kind of went into hiding, and then only popped back up after Grizz's prize thing. When the attention was off you. And that haven't lied once comment just struck me as odd. Just over all too reckless for my taste, which is enough for me to go on Day 1.

This is his response to OSU. My spidey sense is tingling about this response.

I want it all.

Mafia would be in huge favor of townies freaking out and revealing

Mrs. Grizz
08-07-2012, 09:56 AM
Meh, I think the way things were going you can't look too much into hopping on a no lynch train, JR.

I happen to agree. Honestly at that point it seems as though they were just like **** it, let's move on. That's partly why (or a lot why) I went towards that.

CJSchneider
08-07-2012, 09:58 AM
Two things from Renji jumped out at me. The first, he was talking about a quick lynch.

Hasn't renji been opposed to quick lynches in the past?

Forenci
08-07-2012, 09:58 AM
I am starting to lose my love for no lynches. Sure, we might be three good guys down in the hole, but when we just sit on our hands and let them do whatever they want night one it doesn't help us either.

Plus I feel like putting the pressure on people by voting for them gives us a much better idea of where to go in future nights.

jrdrylie
08-07-2012, 10:02 AM
Hasn't renji been opposed to quick lynches in the past?

I believe so.

vidae
08-07-2012, 10:03 AM
I've always hated no lynches but it was pretty clear that's where we were headed so I didn't see a reason to argue against it.

Raiderz4Life
08-07-2012, 10:03 AM
Did anyone else find CMD and his Mr. Picklepants posts strange?

Todd Bertuzzi
08-07-2012, 10:05 AM
Woody :(

Weird that the mafia/SK would go after Cigaro when he seemed to be the most suspicious after day 1. Did he hint at his role at all yesterday?

jrdrylie
08-07-2012, 10:05 AM
Did anyone else find CMD and his Mr. Picklepants posts strange?

It was VERY suspicious. He came out with a character reveal for absolutely no reason. And he came out with a minor character which, as we discussed yesterday, could be his safeclaim.

Raiderz4Life
08-07-2012, 10:06 AM
I'm Mr. Pricklepants with an "R" actually which makes more sense since he looks like a hedgehog. But in my defense his pants are green, like a pickle...

Here they are.

Mrs. Grizz
08-07-2012, 10:11 AM
It was VERY suspicious. He came out with a character reveal for absolutely no reason. And he came out with a minor character which, as we discussed yesterday, could be his safeclaim.

I was very concerned about this too, but was a little busy with Cigaro at that point, so I let it go. It could be his real role, or it could be a tactic. But since no one really talked to him, and that's all he posted for the most part, it makes me nervous for why he just randomly did that.

CJSchneider
08-07-2012, 10:13 AM
I find it odd that he did it, but I also get the tone that he was disgruntled that he was a townie, possibly with no powers.

vidae
08-07-2012, 10:15 AM
I don't get why people hate the townie role. It's fun. You can literally do whatever you want with it.

Raiderz4Life
08-07-2012, 10:16 AM
Someone to keep an eye out for sure. Disgruntled or not, still seems strange to just drop a character and role reveal without even any type of pressure. At least Mrs. Grizz had ATL on her.

Todd Bertuzzi
08-07-2012, 10:18 AM
I don't get why people hate the townie role. It's fun. You can literally do whatever you want with it.

thisthisthis

I have multiple suspicions right now but I want to let the discussion go a little longer before I choose which one to act on. On that note I'm heading to the gym and I'll be back mid afternoon at which point hopefully guys like BD have had a chance to chime in.

SuperMcGee
08-07-2012, 10:19 AM
I find it odd that he did it, but I also get the tone that he was disgruntled that he was a townie, possibly with no powers.

I didn't even see the sarcasm in that at first. CMD is almost always a townie, but Pricklepants is awesome. I'd be excited. If he's being honest.

ATLDirtyBirds
08-07-2012, 10:20 AM
I'm still suspicious of ATL, just the way, like you said, he popped in to vote for Cigaro after I did and then popped out again, and the only time we really heard from him was when he was defending his vote, and me, and then left. Now, I love being defended, but it makes me nervous the way he went about it, hence why he's on my list.

ATL and killxswitch also jumped on the no lynch train at the end. Late votes are always viewed with suspicion. I'm not worried about Kill anymore but this just adds to the suspicion of ATL.

Is this serious? I voted for Cigaro about a minute after Mrs. Grizz. I didn't even see she had voted for him as I was looking back on Cigaro's posts as I was constructing my own. And to add to that, her reasoning was essentially, Cigaro was being a "douche". If you actually saw the back on forth I had with Cigaro, I explained quite clearly why I was voting for him.

And "jumped on the no lynch train". Really? I was the last vote, and did it reluctantly. Yeah, with 12 votes for no lynch and no one else having more than 2 votes, I totally should have waited. That would have served us well.

Honestly, if these are JR's arguments against me, I wouldn't be surprised if he and the mafia killed Cigaro in an attempt to pin this on me (or Mrs. Grizz, until she started agreeing with him) today, which is pretty ******* obvious to see through.

Mrs. Grizz
08-07-2012, 10:22 AM
Is this serious? I voted for Cigaro about a minute after Mrs. Grizz. I didn't even see she had voted for him as I was looking back on Cigaro's posts as I was constructing my own. And to add to that, her reasoning was essentially, Cigaro was being a "douche". If you actually saw the back on forth I had with Cigaro, I explained quite clearly why I was voting for him.

And "jumped on the no lynch train". Really? I was the last vote, and did it reluctantly. Yeah, with 12 votes for no lynch and no one else having more than 2 votes, I totally should have waited. That would have served us well.

Honestly, if these are JR's arguments against me, I wouldn't be surprised if he and the mafia killed Cigaro in an attempt to pin this on me (or Mrs. Grizz, until she started agreeing with him) today, which is pretty ******* obvious to see through.

Don't worry ATL, I'm still slightly more suspicious of JR than of you.

CJSchneider
08-07-2012, 10:24 AM
Don't worry ATL, I'm still slightly more suspicious of JR than of you.

Care to share your notes on him?

ATLDirtyBirds
On that note I'm heading to the gym and I'll be back mid afternoon at which point hopefully guys like BD have had a chance to chime in.

I can't wait to see this long post he planned on making. I'm sure it will have girls dropping their panties. Don't disappoint us BD.

vidae
I took off my underwear in anticipation of his post.

killxswitch
08-07-2012, 10:26 AM
My pants are still on but I would like to see this post from BD as well. Expectations are high.

ATLDirtyBirds
08-07-2012, 10:32 AM
If my memory serves me, Todd has been a supported of Day 1 no lynch lately, so for him to do so again is not abnormal, pointing the finger at it did however.

Mafia would be in huge favor of townies freaking out and revealing

Right. It's quite abnormal for me to get on those who immediately go to the no lynch too. It's also quite abnormal for me to say things like reveal yourself!

I must say, this is a pretty weak "Let's make it look like ATL killed Cigaro!" attempt mafia.

Mrs. Grizz
08-07-2012, 10:35 AM
Right. It's quite abnormal for me to get on those who immediately go to the no lynch too. It's also quite abnormal for me to say things like reveal yourself!

I must say, this is a pretty weak "Let's make it look like ATL killed Cigaro!" attempt mafia.

They tried to do this to me the first game too =/

CJSchneider
08-07-2012, 10:36 AM

http://www.brightlightsfilm.com/74/74_images/74dinner_wallypb.jpg

sbh15
08-07-2012, 10:38 AM
did anybody else notice that Woot has said nothing since his "nooo Woody" post?

ATLDirtyBirds
08-07-2012, 10:55 AM
http://www.brightlightsfilm.com/74/74_images/74dinner_wallypb.jpg

Also interesting how me saying "reveal yourself!" is odd to you, but yet you've had nothing to say about that whole JR (coincidentally, the other person currently using weak reasoning against me) role reveal debacle from yesterday.

As I said, I'm going to wait for more people to chime in, but I've got a pretty solid idea about today at this point.

Bulldogs
08-07-2012, 11:00 AM
Checking in quick, I think some of you are going to be sorely disappointed in my upcoming post haha. Didn't mean to get all your hopes up. It'll be up in like 5-10 mins, it's just my thoughts about why Grizz would allow character revealing.

CashmoneyDrew
08-07-2012, 11:02 AM
vote: Lynch Brodeur

killxswitch
08-07-2012, 11:05 AM
Checking in quick, I think some of you are going to be sorely disappointed in my upcoming post haha. Didn't mean to get all your hopes up. It'll be up in like 5-10 mins, it's just my thoughts about why Grizz would allow character revealing.

http://i.imgur.com/KR0rK.gif

OSUGiants17
08-07-2012, 11:06 AM
Well I'm back, sorry I missed the rest of last night, I am currently catching up on today. Sucks that we lost Woody so early. I still have my suspicions of jr, Gonzo and SP. Would love to get some of them on here to talk.

CJSchneider
08-07-2012, 11:06 AM
Also interesting how me saying "reveal yourself!" is odd to you, but yet you've had nothing to say about that whole JR (coincidentally, the other person currently using weak reasoning against me) role reveal debacle from yesterday.

As I said, I'm going to wait for more people to chime in, but I've got a pretty solid idea about today at this point.

I never said I had a problem with "reveal yourself". I brought to light your attempt to extract additional info with the quote I provided.
Now it would seem you are trying to put words in my mouth.
As for JR, he'll get his turn if it warrants it.

Wootylicous
08-07-2012, 11:07 AM
I think OSU is full of ****. That's just my two cents.

CashmoneyDrew
08-07-2012, 11:08 AM
OSU is evil. When bad guys list their "suspicions" they always do it in groups of three.

Evil bastard.

Bulldogs
08-07-2012, 11:09 AM
Alright so we had a big exchange between Renji and IBC yesterday about safeclaims, what to do if everybody character revealed, blah blah blah. In the past character revealing HUGELY benefited the town. It made the game boring as crap, but you knew who was good because they would be the obvious main characters, while mafia members struggled to come up with believable little characters, and would then be lynched.

Knowing this, Grizz wouldn't allow character revealing unless he knew he had a way to combat it. How could he do this? I don't think a couple extra unblockable/ninja kills would cover it. They would still be dominated during the day. It's in my opinion that for this game, character revealing would greatly benefit the mafia. Grizz did one of two things:

1. He left some of the higher known characters out of the game. This way the mafia would have a believable alias when they chose to come out with their "character". Would be a great way to clear them and probably throw most people off.

2. This is the more likely option. Grizz has talked awhile now about bringing back old school mafia. Realistically 75% of us are probably little known characters who are vanilla townies. That way, when the mafia reveals as their given safe claim of a small character they blend in. This way, Grizz knows we can't just lynch the small characters or the town would be screwed.

tldr: Renji was way off yesterday. IBC was right. There are likely safeclaims. I bet most of us are townies, which makes losing a cop that much worse.

Wootylicous
They seems to also throw one of them into that group so if we look back we see that he was right on one.

CashmoneyDrew
And of the three they list, one is actually usually evil. Just in case.

Raiderz4Life
08-07-2012, 11:10 AM
Wooty...gotta give more than that.

Wootylicous
08-07-2012, 11:11 AM
Wooty...gotta give more than that.

I don't have more for now. It was just my two cents. I don't trust him at all

CashmoneyDrew
08-07-2012, 11:12 AM
unvote: Brodeur

vote: Lynch OSU

Bulldogs
08-07-2012, 11:15 AM
unvote: Brodeur

vote: Lynch OSU

Why did you vote Brody? Just guessing?

Mrs. Grizz
08-07-2012, 11:15 AM
I feel like CMD just voted OSU for no reason today, and that the exchange or lack thereof before voting seems shady. Also, Wooty just randomly popping in and then not really contributing anything? Shady too, especially as he seems to cast a random suspicion and then nothing beyond that.