PDA

View Full Version : Joe Haden facing a 4 game suspension?

JHL6719
08-08-2012, 02:22 PM
Can anyone tell me why the hell this guy tested positive for an ADD drug?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/19755578/report-browns-cb-joe-haden-facing-suspension-for-failed-drug-test

gpngc
08-08-2012, 02:23 PM
Probably to help him study the playbook.

K Train
08-08-2012, 02:24 PM
he better ******* get suspended if saunders has to be out for 4 weeks for the same thing

phlysac
08-08-2012, 04:10 PM
I find it interesting that whenever a legal prescription drug is the cause for a failed test, people get up-in-arms. The fact is that it is a narcotic, and if he isn't prescribed it legally, then it becomes an illegal narcotic. Mood stabilizer, or not, I counsel kids every day that use Adderall and the like to get high.

K Train
08-08-2012, 04:21 PM
its an amphetamine, not a narcotic

#iloveadderall

phlysac
08-08-2012, 04:36 PM

#iloveadderall

Medical amphetamine, legal narcotic. Schedule II.

Narcotic is poor word usage and my bad. It is a controlled substance.

phlysac
08-08-2012, 04:43 PM

#iloveadderall

Adderall, loved it the Quip? Get outta here :P

WCH
08-08-2012, 04:43 PM
The controversial point seems to be that at least some of the suspended players do have legal prescriptions, but didn't file the proper paperwork with the league office.

phlysac
08-08-2012, 04:46 PM
The controversial point seems to be that at least some of the suspended players do have legal prescriptions, but didn't file the proper paperwork with the league office.

I don't understand that as a point of contention, however. Proper paperwork has to be filed in order for any number of things to be "legal" per se. It might be unfortunate but rules are rules.

I'd be more interested in the legitimacy of many of these prescriptions. But that's just my pessimistic outlook on the ease of attaining many of these drugs.

Bixby (Thumper)
08-08-2012, 05:36 PM
Wait, so the Eagles might be facing Sheldon Brown and Dimitri Patterson in week one? So they'll be missing Gocong, Fujita, Taylor and Haden, starting Weeden and Richardson is coming off of knee surgery? Oh man, blood bath alert.