PDA

View Full Version : Chad Johnson released

vidae
08-12-2012, 07:42 PM
per NFLN ticker.

Damn.

edit with PFT link:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/12/report-dolphins-cut-chad-johnson/

Ness
08-12-2012, 07:45 PM
That sucks. This could be the end of the road for Chad Johnson. Should be interesting on Hard Knocks Tuesday.

vidae
08-12-2012, 07:48 PM
He has never been in trouble with the law (that I know of) and he is released after this? That really sucks.

I know a lot of people hate on him, but I'm a huge fan of Chad Johnson and I always have been. I know it might be too late for him to get on with another team at this point and that is a shame.

BloodBrother
08-12-2012, 07:52 PM
I'm eagerly looking forward to seeing this on Hard Knocks

Ness
08-12-2012, 07:55 PM
He has never been in trouble with the law (that I know of) and he is released after this? That really sucks.

I know a lot of people hate on him, but I'm a huge fan of Chad Johnson and I always have been. I know it might be too late for him to get on with another team at this point and that is a shame.

Maybe the Seahawks will give him a chance.

coordinator0
08-12-2012, 07:56 PM
I believe that leaves Naanee and Hartline as the starters on the outside with Bess in the slot. Poor Tannehill. Bush coming out of the backfield helps though.

WCH
08-12-2012, 08:01 PM

Yeah, it does suck. I think he's always kept his nose clean until this weekend. Philbin is just setting the tone for the team. It had to be done, even if it kinda sucks.

I hope this isn't the end of the line for him. I like the guy, personally.

FUNBUNCHER
08-12-2012, 08:36 PM
First he pissed off the Phins HC by cussing at press conferences. THen he smacked a *****. Hit the the bricks Ocho.

Having physical ability is great, but Chad is still really immature as a human being.

Vikes99ej
08-12-2012, 08:43 PM
I'm gonna wait and see the details on this one. His wife seems the shady type.

descendency
08-12-2012, 08:46 PM
I feel bad for Chad. His world has basically crashed down and now he's dealing with this. Maybe it is his fault, but he's always been one of my favorite players. It's just sad to see him go like this.

Ness
08-12-2012, 08:46 PM
First he pissed off the Phins HC by cussing at press conferences. THen he smacked a *****. Hit the the bricks Ocho.

Having physical ability is great, but Chad is still really immature as a human being.

Well we don't know what happened for sure as far as his wife is concerned. She got injured but whether he headbutted her or she headbutted him is unclear.

Halsey
08-12-2012, 08:49 PM
He seems like a guy who could have played well for a longer time had he not turned into a crazy person. If I was advising him, I'd tell him to focus on trying to get another shot with a team, and not all the other bs he distracts himself with.

Ness
08-12-2012, 08:50 PM
If Chad just had his priorities in order and wasn't always joking around he could have been one of the best of all time.

soybean
08-12-2012, 08:56 PM
Why do people still associate with people that are willing to press/file charges against them?

Whoever the athlete hangs out with should know the far greater consequences of police involvement yet they do it anyways.

descendency
08-12-2012, 09:19 PM
He seems like a guy who could have played well for a longer time had he not turned into a crazy person. If I was advising him, I'd tell him to focus on trying to get another shot with a team, and all the other bs he distracts himself with.

The problem for Chad is that he's one of those guys that got by with a really hard work ethic and elite talent. He isn't one of those "know the playbook and outsmart you" guys.

His team mates have to tell him where to lineup and stuff. He's really talented and probably knows more about football than me, but he's not competing against me to make a team.

J52
08-12-2012, 09:23 PM
My thought when I first saw her on Hard Knocks "How long until this ***** ***** him over?" Was it not obvious the shallowness and attention-***** attitude she had from her 12 seconds of camera time?

tjsunstein
08-12-2012, 09:26 PM
Hard Knocks is going to be better without his antics honestly. There's better storylines than Chad Johnson.

ChiFan24
08-12-2012, 09:44 PM
Domestic violence? Maybe the Bengals will sign him!

Oh wait.....

BloodBrother
08-12-2012, 09:49 PM
My thought when I first saw her on Hard Knocks "How long until this ***** ***** him over?" Was it not obvious the shallowness and attention-***** attitude she had from her 12 seconds of camera time?

I honestly felt the same way. Feels like she's in it for herself and for the money/fame

Halsey
08-12-2012, 09:59 PM
I'm sure Chad genuinely loves her and is a faithful, loving, caring husband! Dat woman is bring Chad down! Women be scandalus!

niel89
08-12-2012, 10:36 PM
Sad to see this happen. He is a big attention guy but he has never been a negative personality. So many stories about him flying out fans to game and taking theaters full of people to the movies.

There is no excuse for domestic violence in any case but I'm not sold on what happened. Who just up and headbutts a woman? Maybe I think they were arguing in their car and somehow knock heads. His statement to the police was that she headbutted him apparently

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/12/johnson-told-police-his-wife-head-butted-him/

Giantsfan1080
08-12-2012, 10:39 PM
He met the woman on Twitter. What did he expect?

niel89
08-12-2012, 10:48 PM

A reality show woman he met on twitter.

What if she headbutted him and then played the victim? She would have to super crazy as hell & using this crazy drama to heighten her brand.

Philliez01
08-12-2012, 10:49 PM
I don't know why we are all assuming that Chad is innocent either based on how we don't know either of them. Fact of the matter is, he was accused of domestic violence; that's pretty severe.

Also, trust me; they wouldn't have cut him if he was looking like his former self either. NFL teams have no problem sweeping criminal acts under the table if the player is good enough; sad but true.

BloodBrother
08-12-2012, 10:49 PM

Isn't this his first marriage to? It was a lock that this wouldn't work out

though I didn't expect it to be on par with Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries.

Giantsfan1080
08-12-2012, 10:50 PM
I love Chad so I hope he's innocent. He's never had a run in with the law and this Hard Knocks thing might be playing a part for this woman.

BloodBrother
08-12-2012, 10:50 PM
A reality show woman he met on twitter.

What if she headbutted him and then played the victim? She would have to super crazy as hell & using this crazy drama to heighten her brand.

B*tches be crazy

yo123
08-12-2012, 10:51 PM
I don't know why we are all assuming that Chad is innocent either based on how we don't know either of them. Fact of the matter is, he was accused of domestic violence; that's pretty severe.

Also, trust me; they wouldn't have cut him if he was looking like his former self either. NFL teams have no problem sweeping criminal acts under the table if the player is good enough; sad but true.

This board has a pretty disturbing habit of immediately blaming the woman in domestic violence or sexual abuse situations.

Not to say that I'm assuming he's guilty and that we shouldn't wait for more facts to come out.

Philliez01
08-12-2012, 10:53 PM
This board has a pretty disturbing habit of immediately blaming the woman in domestic violence/sexual abuse situations.

Not to say that I'm assuming he's guilty and that we shouldn't wait for more facts to come out.

Yeah really, I mean; I agree we shouldn't rush to judgment in the chance that he has been wrongfully accused. That possibility always exists. I just don't get why people automatically assume that it's a set-up because she's a "reality star".

But the Dolphins are a business, not the law; therefore they can do what they want if it hurts their brand. If Chad Johnson was a 1,200+ yard receiver again; this would've been "investigated" by the team internally for a longer period of time.

Bulldogs
08-12-2012, 10:54 PM
It's too bad because Chad is a great guy too, for the community at least. Always giving out to fans.

JHL6719
08-12-2012, 10:56 PM
I didn't even know he was still in the league. Hard for me to see where the Dolphins lost anything by washing their hands of it all.

niel89
08-12-2012, 10:57 PM
Honestly I just like the guy so I'm hoping for the best and trying to rationalize. Hitting a girl is never acceptable. If he hit her, then throw the book at him. We really just need to wait for more details as others have said.

Chad was on a 1 strike policy (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/12/chad-johnson-was-on-a-one-strike-arrangement/)with the Dolphins so its no surprise he got the boot so quickly

redbills
08-12-2012, 10:58 PM
"While taking out the groceries, [she] located a Wal-Greens [sic] receipt in the vehicle’s trunk with a charge for a box of condoms."

Yea I can see her head butting him for that then being a beotch and calling the police as pay back for fing another chick.

Complex
08-12-2012, 11:22 PM
Hard Knocks is going to be better without his antics honestly. There's better storylines than Chad Johnson.

SMH No just no

BaLLiN
08-12-2012, 11:28 PM
Chad said he bumped heads with her, media said headbutted. I don't want to make any conclusions, but from the background of the argument being that she cheated on him, I see it as if she is trying to get at his money

RCAChainGang
08-13-2012, 01:01 AM
Honestly, I believe Chad's story. That chick seems pretty crazy. At least I hope he is innocent. I hate to see him go. He is one of my favorite players to watch and I was really hoping he would do well this year. I know it is late, but I hope someone gives him a shot.

NotMyJob
08-13-2012, 01:21 AM
Domestic violence? Maybe the Bengals will sign him!

Oh wait.....

not cool, brah

themaninblack
08-13-2012, 02:27 AM
I'm just surprised it wasn't reported on ESPN as "Former Bengals WR Chad Johnson arrested."

bam bam
08-13-2012, 03:00 AM
Hitting a girl is never acceptable. I

BS. I can think of plenty of scenarios where its acceptable.

NY+Giants=NYG
08-13-2012, 09:01 AM
If she divorces him does she get half even though they just recently got married or does the married get annulled?

This will be on hard knocks and that reality tv show his wife does. Basketball wives or real houses wives or whatever the name is.

BeerBaron
08-13-2012, 09:24 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/13/remote-chance-jets-pursue-chad-johnson/

Attention ***** Jets "remotely" interested in Johnson.

Giantsfan1080
08-13-2012, 09:38 AM
They need to nuke that team. I hope they go 3-13 and Ryan and Mr. T get fired and Woody realizes the direction he took them team in was a huge disaster.

BeerBaron
08-13-2012, 09:39 AM
They need to nuke that team. I hope they go 3-13 and Ryan and Mr. T get fired and Woody realizes the direction he took them team in was a huge disaster.

Even if they gutted that staff completely, Woody is starting look like the next destructive NFL owner. Forcing things onto his front office and coaching staff for the sake of attention.

tjsunstein
08-13-2012, 11:15 AM
SMH No just no

What's so great at this point? We all know what Chad's personality is like. We've quite literally seen it all before. Id rather get to know someone else a little more. Someone who we've never seen without the pads or someone who isn't particularly featured on ESPN everyday.

bigbluedefense
08-13-2012, 11:58 AM
That's what happens when you marry a gold digging ***** who is only interested in rich athletes until they go broke.

Watch her leave him the second he is no longer relevant (financially).

Hope he got a prenup.

yo123
08-13-2012, 01:36 PM
She's a millionaire.

Some of you are so sexist it makes me wonder how old you really are.

Giantsfan1080
08-13-2012, 01:43 PM
She's a millionaire.

Older people are probably more sexist than the younger generations.

bigbluedefense
08-13-2012, 02:04 PM
She's a millionaire.

You don't have to be poor to be a golddigger.

You're tempting me to troll you again in the NBA discussion.

yo123
08-13-2012, 02:08 PM
The fact that you honestly believe that all women who marry a guy with money regardless of her financial status is a gold digger just makes me feel bad for you and whatever problems you clearly have with women.

I'm not interested in getting in a debate here, just a really sad outlook on life you have.

bigbluedefense
08-13-2012, 02:29 PM
The fact that you honestly believe that all women who marry a guy with money regardless of her financial status is a gold digger just makes me feel bad for you and whatever problems you clearly have with women.

I'm not interested in getting in a debate here, just a really sad outlook on life you have.

What's really sad is your reading comprehension skills.

I didn't say all women. I'm referring to this one woman who clearly has done it in the past.

ChiFan24
08-14-2012, 12:53 AM
She's a millionaire.

ba0JWTjMe0A

WCH
08-14-2012, 05:29 AM
I just saw this picture on the morning news...

http://www.celebtricity.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/1-9013.jpg

Supposedly, that's the wife. Is that picture legit? If it is, holy crap...

bigbluedefense
08-14-2012, 05:46 AM
I'm pretty sure that's not her.

Rosebud
08-14-2012, 09:10 AM
lol, And chad has spent all summer posting on his facespace about how unbelievably happy he is with his new woman, and how she's really changing him.

TheMatriculator
08-14-2012, 09:51 AM
That picture doesn't look like her.

When I saw the first episode of Hard Knocks and the chemistry between Chad and his wife, I said to myself, this isn't going to end well. Sometimes I hate it when I'm right.

WCH
08-14-2012, 12:45 PM
I'm pretty sure that's not her.

I've never seen her, so I don't know. Those certainly don't like injuries that would result from a headbutt, or anything that you could pass off as a headbutt, so I'm skeptical. I only posted it because I saw it on the morning news, like I said (and we all know that reporters check their facts :njx:).

Ness
08-14-2012, 03:20 PM
She's filing for divorce after six weeks of marriage. Wow after one heated argument she's ready to hit the bricks.

After six weeks of marriage, Evelyn Lozada has filed for divorce from Chad Johnson, NFL.com confirmed Tuesday.

On the heals of Johnson's arrest on a domestic violence charge, the "Basketball Wives" star filed documents with Broward County Court that categorized her marriage to the former Miami Dolphins wideout as "irretrievably broken," according to TMZ.com.

Johnson was arrested Saturday for allegedly head-butting Lozada during a "heated argument" over a receipt for condoms found in the couple's car.

One day later, the 34-year-old wideout was released by the Dolphins, part of a rapid freefall for the 11-year veteran.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000050126/article/evelyn-lozada-files-for-divorce-from-chad-johnson?module=HP11_headline_stack

G Mobile
08-14-2012, 03:48 PM
Serious note, someone needs to be watching Chad right now. He is at an all time low right now. He might make a stupid decision.

BloodBrother
08-14-2012, 03:59 PM
Sure enough, Philbin meeting with and releasing Chad will be on Hard knocks tonight. HBO can smell the ratings

Ness
08-14-2012, 04:18 PM
Awesome. Can't wait!

NY+Giants=NYG
08-14-2012, 04:23 PM
She's filing for divorce after six weeks of marriage. Wow after one heated argument she's ready to hit the bricks.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000050126/article/evelyn-lozada-files-for-divorce-from-chad-johnson?module=HP11_headline_stack

Yeah, granted she got hit, and that's never good, but at least try to fix it. If she ever loved him, then make an attempt at least. One bad event 6 freaking weeks in to a marriage and she is bailing.

She seems like a ball buster though based on the hard knocks show and that basketball wives show.

bigbluedefense
08-14-2012, 04:38 PM
Guys stop being so insensitive. You all clearly have issues with women.

D-Unit
08-14-2012, 04:42 PM
I don't know why Chad chose Antoine Walkers leftovers. Hope he got a good prenup. She is stanky.

Philliez01
08-14-2012, 05:42 PM
Yeah, granted she got hit, and that's never good, but at least try to fix it. If she ever loved him, then make an attempt at least. One bad event 6 freaking weeks in to a marriage and she is bailing.

She seems like a ball buster though based on the hard knocks show and that basketball wives show.

I mean, he allegedly had condoms (which obviously means they were fighting over infidelity if it happened) and he allegedly headbutted her. For most people, being cheated on and then assaulted when confronted; would usually be the death knell for a relationship.

Just so everyone knows, Chad Johnson is just as much of a reality show star as she is. Dancing With The Stars, T.Ocho Show (am I the only one who remembers that by the way?), having a reality show based on his love life, and the now-cancelled project. I think it's rather unfair to call Lozada a "reality star" in a negative connotation when Chad is just as guilty in that department.

OzTitan
08-14-2012, 11:08 PM
Sure enough, Philbin meeting with and releasing Chad will be on Hard knocks tonight. HBO can smell the ratings

I wonder if they planted the receipt, lol.

Bucs_Rule
08-17-2012, 02:13 PM
She probably had this planned from the beginning. Get married, get chad arrested on domestic violence then use that to get his money in divorce court.

niel89
08-17-2012, 04:53 PM
She doesn't need the money though. If she was crazy enough to do something like that, it's just for the notoriety and to make herself more popular/valuable.

bigbluedefense
08-17-2012, 07:29 PM
She doesn't need the money though. If she was crazy enough to do something like that, it's just for the notoriety and to make herself more popular/valuable.

You can always make more money. Kim Kardashian made 18 million dollars last year. TV shows, advertisements, modeling, etc, all of that comes from publicity.

She funded her dolce business with the Antoine Walker's money, now she can keep her reality tv celebrity status alive through her notoriety with Chad Johnson.

It's business.

Chad should have knew better.

Job Reborn
08-17-2012, 07:43 PM
I find the obvious misogyny of this board very entertainingly demoralizing.

Job Reborn
08-17-2012, 07:45 PM
lol, And chad has spent all summer posting on his facespace about how unbelievably happy he is with his new woman, and how she's really changing him.

I guess she did, he'd never been in trouble with the law before.

bigbluedefense
08-17-2012, 07:47 PM
There's nothing chauvinistic about calling a spade a spade. I think it's a discredit to the real women out there.

There's a ton of great women out there, role models that all of us should look up to and admire.

Evelyn Lozada is NOT one of them.

Job Reborn
08-17-2012, 07:53 PM
I'm mostly talking about Chad Johnson being "innocent until proven otherwise" being interpreted as "***** money-***** wife guilty of elaborate fraud until proven otherwise".

The Alex
08-18-2012, 01:32 AM
This whole incident proves that the vast majority of women who go after athletes are nothing but gold diggers; not to mention Vanessa Bryant's comments this past week. Honestly why would anyone ever want to get married?

http://i45.tinypic.com/2iiu2aw.jpg

Also, if this makes me chauvinistic and misogynist, so be it. I'd rather be called that than an internet white knight, gullible enough to fall for the "fairer sex" nonsense.

The Alex
08-18-2012, 02:16 AM
couldn't agree more. '***** got head-butted and filed for divorce? what a ****.' sorry guys, that's ******* pathetic and you should be ashamed of yourselves for thinking it, let alone posting it.

in before, 'lulz, bro code'. grow the **** up.

lulz, bro code