PDA

View Full Version : Who are your favorite football personalities?

Matthew Jones
08-19-2012, 12:13 PM
Anything goes: announcers, commentators, analysts, columnists, reporters, etc.

Here are some of mine:

Troy Aikman (FOX)

Matt Bowen (National Football Post)

Chris Brown (Smart Football)

Tedy Bruschi (ESPN)

Brian Burke (Advanced NFL Stats)

James Christensen (NE Patriots Draft)

John Clayton (ESPN)

Chris Collinsworth (NBC)

Rich Eisen (NFL Network)

Jon Gruden (ESPN)

Rodney Harrison (NBC)

Eric Mangini (ESPN)

Al Michaels (NBC)

Jim Nantz (CBS)

Nolan Nawrocki (Pro Football Weekly)

David Pollack (ESPNU)

Mike Reiss (ESPN Boston)

Adam Schefter (ESPN)

Mark Schlereth (ESPN)

Bill Simmons (Grantland)

Phil Simms (CBS)

Trey Wingo (ESPN)

Who am I forgetting?

tjsunstein
08-19-2012, 12:22 PM
That's a pretty impressive list right off the top of the dome. I'm a big Eisen guy, and I ctually like Aikman but admittedly I don't follow these guys too closely. Schefter obviously on Twitter, he' jut about te only one I read daily and its mostly facts nt opinion. Collinsworth I dont like though.

vidae
08-19-2012, 12:23 PM
Is there someone you don't like? :P

I like Eisen and Deion for the most part. And Al Michaels is solid. The rest are meh to me.

Razor
08-19-2012, 12:31 PM
I really like Collinsworth. I know many people thinks he comes off as a d-bag, but I think he's really insightful and actually doesn't waste my time when he speaks.

As for Matt's list I really don't like Trent Dilfer, who actually comes of as a massive douche. Aikman isn't a favorite of mine either, and Wingo is so-so. A personality missing on that list would be Jim Nance.

Bengalsrocket
08-19-2012, 01:21 PM
I really like Collinsworth. I know many people thinks he comes off as a d-bag, but I think he's really insightful and actually doesn't waste my time when he speaks.

As for Matt's list I really don't like Trent Dilfer, who actually comes of as a massive douche. Aikman isn't a favorite of mine either, and Wingo is so-so. A personality missing on that list would be Jim Nance.

I like Collinsworth as well, but I 100% get why a lot of people don't.

I know a few people who dislike Akiman as well, but I think he's better than most former QB's (Bradshaw, Dilfer, Trent Green all come to mind) and that perspective makes me like him a little more.

Brothgar
08-19-2012, 01:31 PM
Chris Brown is very under rated I just wish he would blog more. Based off from personality alone Rich Eisen is the best. I've always loved Gus Johnson's excitement towards the game. Pat summerol (sp) and John Madden were the best football commentary duo ever ever.

Babylon
08-19-2012, 01:34 PM
Of that original list a lot of them are just flat annoying. I'm going to say i really enjoy Mike Mayock and to some extent John Lynch and Herm Edwards. Boy there aren't a lot that would make me turn off the mute button.

NIN1984
08-19-2012, 02:11 PM
Mike Mayock

WCH
08-19-2012, 02:27 PM
I don't know what's not to like about Collinsworth. He actually talks about the game and stuff.

I really like Bill Barnwell. I've been reading his stuff for years.

Don Vito
08-19-2012, 02:39 PM
Collinsworth has grown on me a lot actually. I used to not be able to stand him but he doesn't bother me at all anymore.

NY+Giants=NYG
08-19-2012, 03:57 PM
Troy Aikman (FOX)

Matt Bowen (National Football Post)

Chris Brown (Smart Football)

Tedy Bruschi (ESPN)

Brian Burke (Advanced NFL Stats)

James Christensen (NE Patriots Draft)

John Clayton (ESPN)

Chris Collinsworth (NBC)

Trent Dilfer (ESPN)

Rich Eisen (NFL Network)

Rodney Harrison (NBC)

Eric Mangini (ESPN)

Al Michaels (NBC)

Nolan Nawrocki (Pro Football Weekly)

David Pollack (ESPNU)

Mike Reiss (ESPN Boston)

Adam Schefter (ESPN)

Mark Schlereth (ESPN)

Bill Simmons (Grantland)

Phil Simms (CBS)

Trey Wingo (ESPN)

Don Vito
08-19-2012, 07:29 PM
I like Jim Nance a lot too. Love hearing Nance and Simms calling the Pats.

Brent
08-19-2012, 07:50 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1087692/eisenface.gif

best sports TV personality.

OSUGiants17
08-19-2012, 09:39 PM
Anyone not named Joe Buck.

But in all seriousness, I like Tony, Moose and Goose as well as Simms, Bob Papa, Gruden and Eisen.

prock
08-19-2012, 09:42 PM
I like Rich Eisen and Chris Collinsworth.

Oh I forgot about everyone's favorite, Joe Buck.

WCH
08-19-2012, 09:44 PM
I love Rich Eisen. Him and Stuart Scott used to be an awesome duo on SportsCenter.

Mufasa
08-20-2012, 01:09 AM
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/twocents/sites/tampabay.com.blogs.twocents/files/images/typepad-legacy-files/46673.madden.jpeg

I seriously miss this guy.

WCH
08-20-2012, 01:12 AM
"That right there is a touchdown. And you know that's a touchdown because ... you see right there? BOOM! The ball crossed the goal line." -- I'm pretty sure John Madden said that, at some point. Loved that guy.

niel89
08-20-2012, 01:40 AM
yyoH88yCK-U

Ness
08-20-2012, 05:14 AM
I love Rich Eisen. Him and Stuart Scott used to be an awesome duo on SportsCenter.

The 90s Sportscenter was so much better.

BeerBaron
08-20-2012, 07:14 AM
Meh, the vast, vast, vast majority of football related broatcasters and other "personalities" are simply guys I tolerate. I seem to "like" few, if any. There are quite a few that I purely dislike though.

So many line-toting douchebags that spew word vomit or just plain don't get their facts right. I've pretty much all but stopped watching things like NFL Live because I just plain can't stand it anymore.

BuckeyeDan17
08-20-2012, 11:18 AM
I can't watch NFL live anymore either. Sometimes it seems like they forget there are other teams in the NFL besides the Jets and Broncos lately.

Anyway, I'm indifferent to the talking heads most of the time; however I do like Marcellus Wiley or however you spell it.

My least favorite is Jaws. It's his excessive television tone of voice; usually when I'm watching MNF we just put the **** on mute and listen to music because of that trio.

themaninblack
08-20-2012, 11:25 AM
Marcellus (Wallace) Wiley is my personal fave along with Chris Berman.

Can't get much better than that.

jrdrylie
08-20-2012, 11:43 AM
"That right there is a touchdown. And you know that's a touchdown because ... you see right there? BOOM! The ball crossed the goal line." -- I'm pretty sure John Madden said that, at some point. Loved that guy.

I don't know if he said that but he did say "Usually, the team that scores the most points wins the game." Usually?

http://thehonolulublue.wordpress.com/2010/08/16/dumbest-john-madden-quotes-of-all-time/

bantx
08-20-2012, 11:47 AM
iGT08DTk3NM

I miss Emmitt.

fear the elf
08-20-2012, 01:02 PM
My least favorite is Jaws. It's his voice and excessive television tone of voice; usually when I'm watching MNF we just put the **** on mute and listen to music because of that trio.

I feel the same way. Most people I talk to really like Jaws. When they ask me what I have against him, I can't ever explain that it's basically just the way he talks. His dumb voice inflections make me want to strangle puppies.

Ghost of Juice
08-20-2012, 01:58 PM
Rich Eisen is the man! I like several ex players like Simms, Rodney and Bruschi. I also like Mayock alot but he does't really have a personality, he just breaks down everything and evaluates players really well. I also love Gus Johnson, he makes any game exciting.

robert pancake gallery
08-20-2012, 03:10 PM
eric the mangenius

Rosebud
08-20-2012, 03:33 PM
Skip Bayless is the greatest sports personality who's not currently a QB for the NYJ.

TheFinisher
08-20-2012, 04:05 PM
http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/jon-gruden-fist-pound-fail.gif

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1293426/creepgruden.gif

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs5/2395555_o.gif

tjsunstein
08-21-2012, 06:34 PM
Someone get Michael Irvin off of TV, the host always carries his point and guides him, he sounds so dumb.

Ness
08-21-2012, 11:02 PM
Dave Dameshek and Rich Eisen.