PDA

View Full Version : Preseason Week 3 Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

BeerBaron
08-22-2012, 08:05 AM
http://i.imgur.com/6SEBk.jpg

Week 3 is usually the "dress rehearsal" game, so expect to see most starters playing into the 2nd half of their games.

This is also the last week before roster cuts begin, so those guys on the bubble really need to step up.

Jake Locker vs. John Skelton on Thursday night will be one to watch. I think Skelton has the starting job pretty much locked up unless he somehow plays worse than Kolb has so far this preseason.

The Bears playing the Giants scares me. For the love of christ o-line, do not get Cutler hurt vs. that d-line.

Denver Bronco56
08-22-2012, 08:15 AM
Im looking forward to seeing Manning knock some more rust off and make some more nice throws. Mark my words Demaryius Thomas will be a top 10 WR this year...

He led all WR's in yards in the month of December with Tim Tebow as his QB, with Manning it can only go up.

Giantsfan1080
08-22-2012, 08:19 AM
I'm looking forward to Bears-Giants Friday night. It's going to be quite the battle. I'm most interested in seeing how our secondary holds up against Marshall and Jeffrey.

BeerBaron
08-22-2012, 08:21 AM
I'm looking forward to Bears-Giants Friday night. It's going to be quite the battle. I'm most interested in seeing how our secondary holds up against Marshall and Jeffrey.

If our o-line doesn't seriously pick it up, you won't have to worry too much about your secondary.

Giantsfan1080
08-22-2012, 08:23 AM
Well that is where we are lucky. I'm confident Webster will do well but after that it gets muddled very quickly. I don't quite think we'll see the 10+ sacks like we gave you on that Sunday night game 2 years ago.

How has Carimi looked coming off the injury?

BeerBaron
08-22-2012, 08:29 AM
Well, he's an improvement over anyone we had last year. That doesn't say a whole lot though.

BeerBaron
08-22-2012, 08:47 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/22/kurt-warner-on-kevin-kolb-hes-not-pulling-the-trigger/

Kurt Warner with some negative criticism of Kolb.

The momentum seems to be building for John Skelton to start, and no offense to the former fifth-rounder from Fordham, but his promotion has as much to do with him being not Kolb as anything he’s done.

That makes Kolb nothing short of an embarrassing and expensive blunder, one that’s going to take the Cardinals years to recover from.

Sorry Cardinals fans....well...Fenikz...but a lot of us called this one when it happened.

Giantsfan1080
08-22-2012, 08:53 AM
Thumper was the only pro-Kolb person here. Has Bixby apologized for that yet?

Bixby (Thumper)
08-22-2012, 09:17 AM
Thumper was the only pro-Kolb person here. Has Bixby apologized for that yet?

See "Preseason Week 2 Discussion Thread".

EDIT: For the record, I am not JB-whateverhisnameis.

Razor
08-22-2012, 09:24 AM
Im looking forward to seeing Manning knock some more rust off and make some more nice throws. Mark my words Demaryius Thomas will be a top 10 WR this year...

He led all WR's in yards in the month of December with Tim Tebow as his QB, with Manning it can only go up.

He played the Patriots which automatically makes that statistic completely useless. Thomas will be fine though, but I have more faith in Decker with Manning under center. He seems to be a better route runner which will make Manning look his way more often than not.

K Train
08-22-2012, 09:39 AM
decker is going to be better than thomas imo. Stokley and Clark have both had 10+ TD years with manning, i feel like decker is the more reliable WR and runs much better routes. Thomas was good in the tebow offense because it was damn near exactly what he did at GT, decker could go 90 catches and 10 TDs this year

BeerBaron
08-22-2012, 09:42 AM
Thomas is going to be the most physically gifted WR Peyton has ever had in the pros. It'll be interesting to see how things play out between them.

I think he'll be the more explosive threat with the higher ceiling this year, though I'm with you guys who are saying that Decker is probably going to be Manning's favorite target.

SuperMcGee
08-22-2012, 10:09 AM
Hoping to see a little more rhythm this week. Big eye on the receivers. Would like to see solid outings from Jones and Nelson heading into the season. Hopefully get some looks at the final receiver working with Fitz at the helm. Actually seems like Roosevelt could be Hagan's biggest competition at this point, which I would not have thought a few weeks ago. Also very curious to see how much Wood and Pears play in their comebacks. Need those guys on the line. Glenn in his first game after being named left tackle will face another nice test against Pittsburgh after facing Orakpo and Allen in the first two games.

Defensively, the line will still be something to watch. Teams have been playing to Mario's side quite a bit, trying to exploit the pass rush with runs and screens. Very important for the linebackers normally on that side, converted safety Bryan Scott and inexperienced Arthur Moats, to help fill up those plays. We'll see how they do if it's tested. The latter has been crushing people who have dared to try to cross the Moats in preseason, but his all around game still needs a lot of work.

Aaron Williams has possibly been the most worrisome starter on the team, so far. Really hoping to see a good game from him.

Depth linemen also need to make a statement. Could be too expensive to keep both Dwan Edwards and Spencer Johnson. Personally, I'd like Johnson to stick around.

I get to go this one after missing the first preseason game. I am excite.

**** Hines.

vidae
08-22-2012, 10:25 AM
I really wish our defense was healthy for this third game but we're missing three guys (Flowers, KLew, Sheffield) that I was hoping would get a lot of time in. I'm interested to see Poe continue to develop with the first/second teams and I am kind of hoping that Studebaker gets a lot of reps since he'll be starting week 1. Ugh Tamba, why why whyyyy.

BuckeyeDan17
08-22-2012, 11:07 AM
Eagles Browns is going to be super vanilla since there's a rematch like 3 weeks after, so everything will be taken with an even smaller grain of salt than usual - probably except for Weeden if he sucks.

MaxV
08-22-2012, 11:32 AM
You guys think ESPN will mention that Luck's and RG3's teams are playing each other?

BeerBaron
08-22-2012, 11:41 AM
You guys think ESPN will mention that Luck's and RG3's teams are playing each other?

It might come up as long as Tebow doesn't watch any movies, appear in any magazines or look up at any clouds that day.

Giantsfan1080
08-22-2012, 12:03 PM
BeerBaron,

You don't have to worry about JPP killing cutler. He's going to be out of the game with back spasms. It's more precautionary than anything though.

BeerBaron
08-22-2012, 12:05 PM
BeerBaron,

You don't have to worry about JPP killing cutler. He's going to be out of the game with back spasms. It's more precautionary than anything though.

I worry about anyone killing Cutler for as long as J'Marcus Webb is on his blind side.

Rosebud

That's exactly what Thumper would say...

Giantsfan1080
True but JPP certainly would have intensified that feeling.

Jvig43
08-22-2012, 01:54 PM

How would you know JBCX was thumper? God youre an idiot Thumper.

jrdrylie
08-22-2012, 02:40 PM

You're JBCX? God I hate you.

21ST
08-22-2012, 05:09 PM
Andrew luck is gonna murder out whole secondary. I also hope that we pull RG3 if things start getting outta hand protection wise because we have no answer for freeny or Mathis unfortunately

descendency
08-22-2012, 05:15 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/22/kurt-warner-on-kevin-kolb-hes-not-pulling-the-trigger/

Sorry Cardinals fans....well...Fenikz...but a lot of us called this one when it happened.

I feel bad for Kolb. Everyone is taking the easy opportunity to pick on him. Yes, he's being paid 17 million, but man... he's also got a big red bullseye on his back.

fenikz
08-22-2012, 05:42 PM

I've always hated Kolb no need to apologize to me

Scotty D
08-22-2012, 05:56 PM
I wish they would have addressed the amount preseason games in the last CBA. At least cut it down to 3. Just turn the 4th preseason game in to a regular season game. I'd really like 2 games but getting it to 3 would be a start.

WCH
08-22-2012, 06:04 PM
I want a shorter preseason without a longer regular season. I can see why the owners might not want to do that, though.

jrdrylie
08-22-2012, 06:08 PM
I think three is perfect. Do the first three just like you do now and just get rid of the 4th. Instead of adding a regular season game, have a week off. That would allow guys to get healthy, add players who were cut, and do more game planning. It would get rid of a completely useless game and it would probably make the week one games better.

Brent
08-22-2012, 06:25 PM
This is true. Fenikz has been in the Skelton camp the whole time.

DoughBoy
08-22-2012, 06:27 PM
Fenikz is a Max Hall homer.

fenikz
08-22-2012, 06:37 PM
This is true. Fenikz has been in the Skelton camp the whole time.

ha I hate Skelton as well, but I much prefer him to be starting than Kolb at this point

Kolb is a better QB but is ******* shell shocked

and Cardinals have 5 preseason games, wtf is that ****

soybean
08-22-2012, 06:48 PM
random question but what happens if the Saints over-deliver this season and have an amazing season. go back to sean payton as business as usual?

WCH
08-22-2012, 06:55 PM
random question but what happens if the Saints over-deliver this season and have an amazing season. go back to sean payton as business as usual?

If the Packers get eliminated from contention, I'm pulling for the Saints to win it all just because I'd love to see how they deal with that. It would obviously be a great problem to have, though.

Ness
08-22-2012, 07:15 PM

Maybe Sean Payton is replaced. I was thinking about this a while back. If the Saints make the palyoffs and win 11 plus games or whatever...does New Orleans even bring Payton back? It will be interesting to see.

BeerBaron
08-22-2012, 07:32 PM

Well, it's an apology for your team's crappy situation. Teams need to just stop dealing with the Eagles when it comes to QBs.

Also:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/22/rams-sign-vernon-gholston/

Vernon Gholston still exists and was signed by the Rams.

BeerBaron
08-22-2012, 07:39 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/22/nearly-1200-players-will-lose-their-jobs-soon/

A true NFL minor league always seems to get brought up around this time of year, and, as always, I'd be in favor of it. It won't actually happen anytime soon, but I think it will someday.

There are more quality players coming out of the college ranks than ever before. A chance beyond training camp and the preseason for some of these guys to get live reps against nearly-NFL-level competition would be great. Imagine all the gems that could come out of a situation like that.

I'd personally like to see 8 teams in cities that don't have an NFL team. Allow each team to allocate the last 12 guys they would normally cut to that league, and each team would have 48 players automatically. Let them play on weeknights during the season and allow their teams to "call them up" when needed, sort of like activating from the practice squad is now.

It would be something hard core fans like most of us could follow closely to see guys we followed throughout the draft process get some playing time.

But yeah, for now, it's a pipe dream.

fenikz
08-22-2012, 07:49 PM
honestly it would be the 12 guys after the practice squad that would be in the minor leagues

BeerBaron
08-22-2012, 08:10 PM
honestly it would be the 12 guys after the practice squad that would be in the minor leagues

I'd expand the roster by a bit and eliminate the practice squad. The players who would normally be sent there would be far better served getting to go get live reps in the minor league.

Taber21
08-22-2012, 08:19 PM
I love the idea of having a NFL minor league, hopefully in the near future it can be made a reality. That said, there would have to be some way for these to even out their rosters beyond the "last 12" from each team, whether it would be picking up street FA's or undrafted rookies or w/e. Obviously this is all just talk, but definitely seems like something that should be discussed.

scottyboy
08-22-2012, 08:29 PM
you'd have to pool teams together though, not sure how it'd fully work. each team can't have their own minor league team

Scotty D
08-22-2012, 08:43 PM
you'd have to pool teams together though, not sure how it'd fully work. each team can't have their own minor league team

Yeah, and then its difficult because you want your minor league team running the same schemes the big club is running.

BaLLiN
08-22-2012, 08:51 PM

I think itd be really easy for certain areas, for instance the Bills, Jets, Giants, and Eagles could pool together players, 49ers, Chargers, Oakland, and Seattle/Arizona, and the cowboys, texans, chiefs. There are more, but to make it a regional thing would be easiest.

Any team could call up a player, but the player has the option of choosing where he wants to go if offered multiple contracts.

Hines
08-23-2012, 06:47 AM
The starting 5 along the offensive line looks to be in place with Starks returning Saturday. I like that line. I wish Mike Adams would have performed better, but I also knew going in that he would be raw and need time.

I'm also eager to see how they use Chris Rainey again. He got a lot of time with the first team last week and did a pretty good job. He's going to be a game changer.

Somebody HAS to start getting a grip with the 5th WR spot. If not, I'm sure the Steelers will only carry Wallace, Brown, Sanders, and Cotchery and let Rainey be the 5th WR. I wished it was Toney Clemons, but he has yet to make an impact and has been very inconsistent. He still has two more games, though. David Gilreath has the edge it seems like.

Dwyer getting more first team reps makes it seem like he is going to be the starter. He's slimmer and faster this preseason and I think he's going to be better than Redman.

Chris Carter getting more first team reps is a sign that he'll start against Denver Week 1. He's really taken advantage of his opportunities and I'm happy with his progress. Harrison NEEDS to get healthy, though.

Adrian Robinson could also make a case for a spot on this team as well. He's raw and can only rush the passer as of now, but he does a VERY good job at that. I don't think he'll stick on the PS. He's doing THAT well. I like Jason Worilds a bunch, but if he cannot get on the field, Robinson is a better option. It sucks the Steelers passed on Sean Lee for Worilds and he has yet to make an impact due to injuries.

Also excited to see Cortez Allen more. He's been pretty damn good. Outside of Ike, our corners lack much experience, but they are very talented.

I hope Robert Golden gets more reps. I really like his potential and think he'll be on the team at least for the first week while Clark is out.

**** SuperMagee.

K Train
08-23-2012, 08:23 AM
The starting 5 along the offensive line looks to be in place with Starks returning Saturday. I like that line. I wish Mike Adams would have performed better, but I also knew going in that he would be raw and need time.

I'm also eager to see how they use Chris Rainey again. He got a lot of time with the first team last week and did a pretty good job. He's going to be a game changer.

Somebody HAS to start getting a grip with the 5th WR spot. If not, I'm sure the Steelers will only carry Wallace, Brown, Sanders, and Cotchery and let Rainey be the 5th WR. I wished it was Toney Clemons, but he has yet to make an impact and has been very inconsistent. He still has two more games, though. David Gilreath has the edge it seems like.

Dwyer getting more first team reps makes it seem like he is going to be the starter. He's slimmer and faster this preseason and I think he's going to be better than Redman.

Chris Carter getting more first team reps is a sign that he'll start against Denver Week 1. He's really taken advantage of his opportunities and I'm happy with his progress. Harrison NEEDS to get healthy, though.

Adrian Robinson could also make a case for a spot on this team as well. He's raw and can only rush the passer as of now, but he does a VERY good job at that. I don't think he'll stick on the PS. He's doing THAT well. I like Jason Worilds a bunch, but if he cannot get on the field, Robinson is a better option. It sucks the Steelers passed on Sean Lee for Worilds and he has yet to make an impact due to injuries.

Also excited to see Cortez Allen more. He's been pretty damn good. Outside of Ike, our corners lack much experience, but they are very talented.

I hope Robert Golden gets more reps. I really like his potential and think he'll be on the team at least for the first week while Clark is out.

**** SuperMagee.
come gametime id like rainey to get #5 wr reps, but they do need to keep one more guy, idk much about gilreath but hes looking more and more like the guy.

love cortez, looks extremely fluid out there. Dwyer should definitely be the starter over redman, hes been playing very good every chance he gets and for the first time ever hes in good shape.

what do you think of jerrod johnson? I would like to see him as the 3

Im really happy mike adams got a shot at starting LT, at least a fair shot, but he needs some work. All we can ask is that he improves and i think sitting behind starks is gonna be huge for him. He mirrors pass rushers well but hes slow off the snap and when he does block someone he thinks hes done and doesnt do enough, thats when he gets beat. all fixable problems

descendency
08-23-2012, 08:25 AM
I'd expand the roster by a bit and eliminate the practice squad. The players who would normally be sent there would be far better served getting to go get live reps in the minor league.

I would remove the practice squad, increase rosters sizes by 8, and increase the active day rosters to 61.

The NFL should stop trying to cheap out on a few players. None of them are breaking the bank as is.

Hines
08-23-2012, 08:41 AM
come gametime id like rainey to get #5 wr reps, but they do need to keep one more guy, idk much about gilreath but hes looking more and more like the guy.

love cortez, looks extremely fluid out there. Dwyer should definitely be the starter over redman, hes been playing very good every chance he gets and for the first time ever hes in good shape.

what do you think of jerrod johnson? I would like to see him as the 3

Im really happy mike adams got a shot at starting LT, at least a fair shot, but he needs some work. All we can ask is that he improves and i think sitting behind starks is gonna be huge for him. He mirrors pass rushers well but hes slow off the snap and when he does block someone he thinks hes done and doesnt do enough, thats when he gets beat. all fixable problems

I saw a huge difference between the first and second game of Jerrod Johnson. The Steelers are giving him a very long look which I like. I would like for him to make the team, but a part of me feels he will be on the PS and will win a backup job next year. I'd have him over Batch, though, but I doubt the team would do that.

BeerBaron
08-23-2012, 08:50 AM
I would remove the practice squad, increase rosters sizes by 8, and increase the active day rosters to 61.

The NFL should stop trying to cheap out on a few players. None of them are breaking the bank as is.

Yeah, the NFL is really slow to expand the active roster. I remember it being mentioned a few years ago but it was shot down pretty quickly.

XxXdragonXxX
08-23-2012, 09:14 AM
Adam Schefter was on Sportscenter saying that the Seahawks QB job is Russell Wilsons to lose. If he plays well tomorrow he will be named the starter.

BeerBaron
08-23-2012, 09:26 AM
He would be the 5th opening day rookie starter this year. I remember reading the other day that we've never had more than two.

jrdrylie
08-23-2012, 09:29 AM
He would be the 5th opening day rookie starter this year. I remember reading the other day that we've never had more than two.

And if Vick isn't ready for week one, Foles would make it six.

BeerBaron
08-23-2012, 09:32 AM

And if you count Jake Locker as a guy who has no career starts, the number of first time starters in week one could hit 6 or 7 (depending on Foles.)

So, a good fifth of the league will be starting first time starters. Crazy.

Giantsfan1080
08-23-2012, 09:49 AM
Makes it easier for teams with established QB's.

Bixby (Thumper)
08-23-2012, 09:50 AM

Andy says there is "no doubt" Vick will be ready for week one and as a precaution, Vick's pre-season is done. He'll be ready for opening day. How much longer will he last after that? Who knows.

scottyboy
08-23-2012, 09:54 AM
And if you count Jake Locker as a guy who has no career starts, the number of first time starters in week one could hit 6 or 7 (depending on Foles.)

So, a good fifth of the league will be starting first time starters. Crazy.

somewhere, defensive coordinators are salivating.

BeerBaron
08-23-2012, 09:56 AM
somewhere, defensive coordinators are salivating.

Well, all except Perry Fewell. He's off fapping to tape of 3 man rushes.

NY+Giants=NYG
08-23-2012, 10:04 AM

Hahah! BOOO! I say BOOO!

God help him if that happens yet again! Rush 3 drop 8! If I see that or Tuck or some DT dropping in coverage I will snap!

scottyboy
08-23-2012, 10:36 AM

i was actually going to make that joke but i didn't because I didn't want to hijack the thread!

but yeah, let's drop Osi in coverage! Screw blitzes, soft cover-2 all day!

well, until you know, it's the playoffs and we need to win and have our backs against the wall

vidae
08-23-2012, 10:39 AM
That seemed to work out for you guys though didn't it?!

scottyboy
08-23-2012, 10:41 AM

yes, I just like to complain I guess. It's just fun to poke fun at fewell.

and it is incredibly frustrating for the first 14-15 games of the year though.

Giantsfan1080
08-23-2012, 10:42 AM

Absolutely but I'd love to see what this defense can do for a full year playing at its strengths.

themaninblack
08-23-2012, 02:00 PM
Going to ze Bengals-Packers game tonight at PBS. I wonder what kind of reception Cedric Benson is going to get from the crowd.

49ersfan_87
08-23-2012, 02:15 PM
Adam Schefter was on Sportscenter saying that the Seahawks QB job is Russell Wilsons to lose. If he plays well tomorrow he will be named the starter.

That could really affect the entire Seahawks QB situation. Would Caroll keep Flynn as a backup, fresh off a 3/26 deal? Would Flynn want to be a backup again? Or would he keep T-Jack as a backup at a more reasonable $4M rate? I know there were some trade rumors with Tarvaris and i wonder if starting Wilson puts an end to it, at least temporarily.

Scotty D
08-23-2012, 06:32 PM
I get to see Gabbert for the first time tonight. Then Locker time at 8.

Bengals78
08-23-2012, 06:37 PM
Oh my. Taylor Mays actually did something right and the ****** refs throw a flag for a perfectly clean hit.

Pat Sims 90
08-23-2012, 06:39 PM
Oh my. Taylor Mays actually did something right and the ****** refs throw a flag for a perfectly clean hit.

I guess DBs are just not suppose to touch them at all.

BeerBaron
08-23-2012, 06:43 PM
I get to see Gabbert for the first time tonight. Then Locker time at 8.

How did you avoid him last year when it seemed like the Jags were in every other prime time game?

Bengals78
08-23-2012, 06:45 PM
Woooh!
Ginger got wheels.

Bengals78
08-23-2012, 06:46 PM
Brian Leonard<3

Bengals78
08-23-2012, 06:51 PM
Dalton has made some REAL good throws.
Only bad one was a bit behind Leonard in the flats.
Binns missed a perfectly thrown TD

scottyboy
08-23-2012, 06:55 PM
brian leonard should absolutely be the bengals starting RB

Pat Sims 90
08-23-2012, 06:55 PM
WTF Aaron Rodgers threw a pick to Terrence Newman???

Scotty D
08-23-2012, 06:56 PM
How did you avoid him last year when it seemed like the Jags were in every other prime time game?

I meant first time this preseason.

Bengals78
brian leonard should absolutely be the bengals starting RB

<3

bwhahahaha

BeerBaron

The world really is ending in 2012.

Dallas357
08-23-2012, 06:57 PM
Knighton with the sack. Good to see he has recovered from his eye injury.

Bengals78
08-23-2012, 07:00 PM
The refs are AWFUL.

Ness
08-23-2012, 07:02 PM
That wasn't a touchdown? Really?

ChiFan24
08-23-2012, 07:03 PM
Berman and Dilfer. Great.

Pat Sims 90
08-23-2012, 07:03 PM
Ugh Peerman should not be in on any offense play ever.

Ness
08-23-2012, 07:04 PM
Walden wasn't even blocked.

Bengals78
08-23-2012, 07:06 PM
Walden wasn't even blocked.

Dalton needs to read that. Communicate it to the line. Fan block to the left. Whit took the inside guy.

Bengals78
Ugh Peerman should not be in on any offense play ever.

Agreed. He looks all kinds of awful.

descendency
Jim Irsay just tweeted a "major deal" for a "starter" involving "draft picks" may be getting done soon.

http://twitter.com/JimIrsay

I would have to assume it's either Mike Wallace or Maurice Jones Drew. Which would look better in Colts colors?

It seems very very possible that he's trying to get the deal done by tweeting how excited he is about it before it gets done...

WCH
08-23-2012, 07:07 PM
Berman and Dilfer. Great.

I don't usually ***** about the commentators and talk about my use of the mute button, but seriously, this is why they invented the mute button.

Bengals78
08-23-2012, 07:07 PM
Wallace. Get Luck a real deep threat and hopefully make things easier.

TheRubberDuck45
08-23-2012, 07:10 PM
Blackmon really looks like the real deal.

WCH
08-23-2012, 07:11 PM
Yeah, that's about what I expect from Skelton.

fenikz
lolskelton

can we please just go 2-14

descendency
Wallace. Get Luck a real deep threat and hopefully make things easier.

He said it was a "serious vet" which leads me to believe it is MJD.

Scotty D
08-23-2012, 07:12 PM
NFL owners should not have ******* twitter and be tweeting about potential deals. That **** is ******* amateur hour.

Fadetoblack
ticker at the top just said titans starting qb was ryan mallet

descendency
lolskelton

can we please just go 2-14

Good News: Tyler Bray may enter this draft as one of his WRs just got suspended indefinitely (thrown off team? Da'Rick Rodgers).

Pat Sims 90
08-23-2012, 07:13 PM
He said it was a "serious vet" which leads me to believe it is MJD.

I highly doubt Jacksonville will trade their best player to division rival.

TitanHope
So beautiful. Makes me want to cry.

asdf1223
That has to be the worst uncalled hold ever on that Skelton int. LOL replacement refs.

descendency
08-23-2012, 07:14 PM
ticker at the top just said titans starting qb was ryan mallet

Ryan Mallett For Jason McCourty... please.

WCH
NFL owners should not have ******* twitter and be tweeting about potential deals. That **** is ******* amateur hour.

In his defense, I'm pretty sure he's a drunk.

yo123
Jim Irsay is such a jackass.

descendency
I highly doubt Jacksonville will trade their best player to division rival.

You have a point there. Though, at the rate Jacksonville is improving, MJD will retire before Jacksonville is ready to make a playoff run...

PackerLegend
08-23-2012, 07:16 PM
Cedric Benson how I love the signing already. Our RBs blow, he looks pretty legit.

BeerBaron
08-23-2012, 07:19 PM
Two observations thus far on the QB situations.

1.) I think Jake Locker is going to be a good one down the line. I think he'll be rough around the edges this year, throwing some picks and having a "WTF" game or two, but he'll be fine down the line.

2.) If not for the fact that Bad Rex and John Beck were competing for a starting QB job last year, I'd say that Skelton and Kolb is the worst QB duo I've seen in recent history.

_YL_
08-23-2012, 07:21 PM
Did they just call P.Peterson one of the best CB's in the game. lol what.

Bengals78
Cedric Benson how I love the signing already. Our RBs blow, he looks pretty legit.

Wait until you play a team who he didnt play for

descendency
2.) If not for the fact that Bad Rex and John Beck were competing for a starting QB job last year, I'd say that Skelton and Kolb is the worst QB duo I've seen in recent history.

Who was competing with Clausen in Carolina? I mean... that has to go down as the worst duo, ever.

He was rumored to be the Panthers first round pick, if they had one and the very next year they draft another QB, first overall.

Has that ever happened before it did with Clausen and Cam?

Scotty D
08-23-2012, 07:22 PM
Who was competing with Clausen in Carolina? I mean... that has to go down as the worst duo, ever.

He was rumored to be the Panthers first round pick, if they had one and the very next year they draft another QB, first overall.

Has that ever happened before it did with Clausen and Cam?

I think it was Matt Moore.

WCH
08-23-2012, 07:23 PM
Wait until you play a team who he didnt play for

Green Bay will just cut him if he becomes a problem. If they really gave a rats ass about the running game (or the backup QB) then they wouldn't have waited so long to address it. They'd certainly sign a guy who's valued at more than the vet minimum.

Having a boss who doesn't value your job is a pretty good reason to stay in line.

Bengals78
08-23-2012, 07:24 PM
Green Bay will just cut him if he becomes a problem. If they really gave a rats ass about the running game (or the backup QB) then they wouldn't have waited so long to address it.

Having a boss who doesn't value your job is a pretty good reason to stay in line.

They will. He ran hard for us until we stopped running all day.

TitanHope
08-23-2012, 07:27 PM
Well Mariani just snapped his leg. :(

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
08-23-2012, 07:28 PM
Jim Irsay just tweeted a "major deal" for a "starter" involving "draft picks" may be getting done soon.

http://twitter.com/JimIrsay

I would have to assume it's either Mike Wallace or Maurice Jones Drew. Which would look better in Colts colors?

It seems very very possible that he's trying to get the deal done by tweeting how excited he is about it before it gets done...
Its already been said but trading MJD in the division? Cmon man

Jim Irsay is such a jackass.

There was an article from a colts website I believe but can't find it but basically saying how he is the luckiest jackass on the planet.

yo123
08-23-2012, 07:29 PM
"We'll find out what's wrong with him in a minute."

-Trent Dilfer as Mariani's leg is visibly in two pieces.

The Alex
08-23-2012, 07:30 PM
Marc Mariani down with a left tibia fracture. ****!

Pat Sims 90
Miles should be starting over Mays.

descendency
Its already been said but trading MJD in the division? Cmon man

I just played it safe and listed the two players that are being rumored to be on the trading block.

Plus, he said "serious vet" making me think the player isn't still on a rookie contract. However, obviously Mike Wallace is a veteran player. I just don't think of young guys like that.

Bengals78
08-23-2012, 07:31 PM

Agreed. Mays has had his best game in stripes

And its the preseason

Ness
08-23-2012, 07:31 PM
I think that should have been a flag on Miles.

descendency
08-23-2012, 07:32 PM

Sadly, Taylor Mays just doesn't understand football well enough. It almost seems like everyone should start over him now that the NFL likes to pass more downfield.

WCH
They will. He ran hard for us until we stopped running all day.

Don't get me wrong, I know that Benson is a jerk. It's just that the Packers offense values the damn placekicker more than any one RB, so throwing a temper tantrum is either going to get him bitchsmacked or released.

Ness
Donald Lee should have caught that.

TitanHope

Guess Kendall Wright will actually see time returning after all.

Bengals78
08-23-2012, 07:33 PM
I think that should have been a flag on Miles.

Lol wut

Donald Lee should have caught that.

And yes he should have.

Complex
08-23-2012, 07:34 PM
https://p.twimg.com/A1BexrBCIAEm90s.jpg:large

Bengals78
08-23-2012, 07:35 PM
Spoiler that ****

The Alex
08-23-2012, 07:35 PM

http://i.imgbox.com/acf7jo0v.gif

Ness
08-23-2012, 07:36 PM
Lol wut

I said I think that should have been a flag on Miles.

fenikz
08-23-2012, 07:37 PM

that **** isn't fractured it snapped all the way, was basically a right angle

descendency
Is being the Cardinals starter some kind of curse? (curse of Kurt Warner?)

A 19.2 QBR so far... wow.

Complex

We have Reynaud

Bengals78
I said I think that should have been a flag on Miles.

Why? He played it well.
There SHOULD have been a lot of flags thrown.
That wasn't one of them.

TheRubberDuck45

That is one thing I absolutely cannot look at. The Prothro and the thiesman vids make me sick

descendency
08-23-2012, 07:38 PM
that **** isn't fractured it snapped all the way, was basically a right angle

I know I'm probably the biggest sissy, but injuries like that make me queasy.

fenikz
08-23-2012, 07:38 PM
Is being the Cardinals starter some kind of curse? (curse of Kurt Warner?)

A 19.2 QBR so far... wow.

if Derek Anderson, Max Hall, John Skelton & Kevin Kolb = cursed then sure

jrdrylie
08-23-2012, 07:39 PM
Jake Locker screams McNabb to me. A little shorter than you'd like with good athleticism and a strong arm but can be a little inaccurate at times. Hopefully for the Titans he is better mentally than McNabb.

Ness
08-23-2012, 07:39 PM
Why? He played it well.
There SHOULD have been a lot of flags thrown.
That wasn't one of them.

It looked to me like Miles had too much contact with his left arm on Jennings. Even Anthony Munoz thought it was suspect. Good thing Miles got his head around.

Bengals78
08-23-2012, 07:41 PM
It looked to me like Miles had too much contact with his left arm on Jennings. Even Anthony Munoz thought it was suspect. Good thing Miles got his head around.

Anthony also thought the Packers LT bear hugging the DE wasnt a hold.

I love Munoz, my favorite Bengal ever.
But he is a god awful announcer.

Hall should have been flagged in the first drive.
Packers got a way with plenty of holds and a few "handsy" moments by their DBs

The Alex
08-23-2012, 07:42 PM

http://i.imgbox.com/admraHSf.gif

TheRubberDuck45
08-23-2012, 07:42 PM
Blackmon 4 catches 72 yards!

Ness
08-23-2012, 07:43 PM
Anthony also thought the Packers LT bear hugging the DE wasnt a hold.

I love Munoz, my favorite Bengal ever.
But he is a god awful announcer.

Hall should have been flagged in the first drive.
Packers got a way with plenty of holds and a few "handsy" moments by their DBs

Yes, I know the officials kept a good amount of their flags in the first half.

On the good side, I'm actually glad they're letting the players play.

Complex
08-23-2012, 07:43 PM
Sean Lee and Colin McCarthy are going to be fighting for best white LB for years to come.

The Alex
08-23-2012, 07:44 PM
Jake Locker screams McNabb to me. A little shorter than you'd like with good athleticism and a strong arm but can be a little inaccurate at times. Hopefully for the Titans he is better mentally than McNabb.

That was the exact player comparison I had for him as a prospect. I can more than live with that on the Titans for the foreseeable future.

WCH

If he's as good as prime-McNabb, then that isn't bad. Not everybody gets to be a Top-20 All-Time guy.

I do agree he looks like a guy who's ceiling is closer to McNabb than to Favre.

Bengals78
Yes, I know the officials kept a good amount of their flags in the first half.

On the good side, I'm actually glad they're letting the players play.

Unless it's Taylor Mays making a highlight reel clean hit for the first time as a Bengal.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
08-23-2012, 07:45 PM
Has Gabbert made big strides or is Blackmon that good?

WCH
08-23-2012, 07:45 PM
Everytime I look up, Skelton looks bad.

Ness
08-23-2012, 07:46 PM
Sean Lee and Colin McCarthy are going to be fighting for best white LB for years to come.

Don't forget about Brian Cushing.

The Alex
And yes, if anyone is curious (which they probably aren't), I'm going through and reorganizing my gifs. I've found a top quality host and I'm getting rid of any duplicates or poor ones I have. I've reloaded with at least 100 new gifs since the draft thread.

_YL_
K.Wimbley the only time he will do anything is when the other teams back up LT is in the game

TheRubberDuck45
08-23-2012, 07:47 PM

Gabbert has improved dramatically, although that isnt saying much lol.

Bengals78
08-23-2012, 07:47 PM

Could be Gabbert actually has a talented WR. So both maybe?

jrdrylie
08-23-2012, 07:50 PM

Gabbert has looked better all training camp, even before Blackmon came in. I loved Blackmon coming out so it's a little bit of both.

The Alex
08-23-2012, 07:50 PM
Locker and Wright is gonna be one helluva duo.

Scotty D
08-23-2012, 07:51 PM
Rotoworld says Colts looking at cornerbacks, possibly Cary Williams.

Complex
08-23-2012, 07:52 PM
Don't forget about Brian Cushing.

Yeah and CMIII forgot about him too.

Bengals78
08-23-2012, 07:52 PM
We have nothing at WR outside of AJ.
Tate and Binns show flashes. I wanted to see Jones and Sanu with the ones.

A Perfect Score
08-23-2012, 07:58 PM
Lolz Joe Flacco

The Alex
08-23-2012, 08:00 PM
Is it just me or did I hear the TDKR chant before that kickoff in the Titans game?

Ness
08-23-2012, 08:06 PM
And yes, if anyone is curious (which they probably aren't), I'm going through and reorganizing my gifs. I've found a top quality host and I'm getting rid of any duplicates or poor ones I have. I've reloaded with at least 100 new gifs since the draft thread.

What host?

TitanHope
08-23-2012, 08:06 PM
Cookie, you're gorgeous!

The Alex
08-23-2012, 08:07 PM
What host?

imgbox, I can upload gifs up to 10 mb. It's so much better than tinypic, which has a terrible interface and imgur which has like a 2.5 mb limit.

scottyboy
08-23-2012, 08:07 PM
why is Sanu not running with the ones? And srsly bengals fans, is Leonard going to get an increased workload this year?

Complex
08-23-2012, 08:08 PM
:love: Kenny Britt highlights

I hope he comes back healthy.

_YL_
08-23-2012, 08:12 PM
Still don't understand why Fitz would ever resign with the cards. Your hurting your career man.

Scotty D
08-23-2012, 08:13 PM
Cards oline getting destroyed.

jrdrylie
DJ Young is horrible. He makes me thankful for JaMarcus Webb.

Ness
imgbox, I can upload gifs up to 10 mb. It's so much better than tinypic, which has a terrible interface and imgur which has like a 2.5 mb limit.

I'm looking for a host that currently does over 32 MB that hotlinks. You can try minus. I don't use that one, but they do up to 25MB I think. I can't remember if they do hotlinking though. You might have to make an account.

I currently use hiboox. If you get an account with them I think you can do up to 32MB.

There is one that does up to 50, but I don't think they do hotlinking, which is a shame.

fenikz
08-23-2012, 08:14 PM
its all just DJ Young

never thought anyone could be worse than Levi Brown...

SolidGold
Do the Cards go with Barrett Jones or Barkley in next year's draft?

Bengals78
why is Sanu not running with the ones? And srsly bengals fans, is Leonard going to get an increased workload this year?

With the giant load of fail the WR on the first team have put out there, he should be with Jones.

Yes. I have a feeling he will see a lot more on 3rd Down

TheFinisher
08-23-2012, 08:15 PM
Cards oline getting destroyed.

That's putting it lightly.

fenikz
08-23-2012, 08:16 PM
Do the Cards go with Barrett Jones or Barkley in next year's draft?

you think Barrett Jones is gonna play LT in the NFL?

SolidGold
08-23-2012, 08:16 PM
you think Barrett Jones is gonna play LT in the NFL?

Yah...can play all 5 positions...great value...Cards line blows everywhere

Bengals78
08-23-2012, 08:18 PM
JONES! He needs to ******* start

Complex
08-23-2012, 08:18 PM

He is not playing LT in the NFL

fenikz
08-23-2012, 08:19 PM

...yeah you're wrong

SolidGold
08-23-2012, 08:20 PM
He is not playing LT in the NFL

Why not? He is more than capable...

CashmoneyDrew
08-23-2012, 08:21 PM
Just got off work. What all did I miss?

The Alex
08-23-2012, 08:21 PM
I'm looking for a host that currently does over 32 MB that hotlinks. You can try minus. I don't use that one, but they do up to 25MB I think. I can't remember if they do hotlinking though. You might have to make an account.

I currently use hiboox. If you get an account with them I think you can do up to 32MB.

There is one that does up to 50, but I don't think they do hotlinking, which is a shame.

For now, I'm gonna stick with imgbox, because I've already transferred over EVERYTHING from tinypic. If I get dissatisfied with it, I'll shot you a PM.

The Alex
08-23-2012, 08:22 PM
Just got off work. What all did I miss?

Mariani pulled a Psycho Sid impression.

Ness
Joe Flacco looked like Joe Montana on that drive. And he hits my boy Leach for the touchdown. I didn't know Leach was a Q Dog?

WCH
Refs gave a generous spot on the Kolb/Colledge completion.

WCH
08-23-2012, 08:23 PM
Double post...

XxXdragonXxX
08-23-2012, 08:24 PM
Classic ricochet play, great execution by Kolb.

jrdrylie
08-23-2012, 08:25 PM
Arizona QBs :facepalm:

XxXdragonXxX
Well, we know that Kolb can't throw on the run....

TitanHope
My loins burn for Colin McCarthy.

fenikz
my god...that may be the worst throw I've ever seen

draftguru151
CRACKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i

Don Vito
Dilfer defending Kolb's shittiness on every plays is painful

Throws a pick as I'm typing

CashmoneyDrew
08-23-2012, 08:26 PM
I want Colin McCarthy to put a baby in me.

_YL_
Kolb you wanna pass to the guys in white.. It was not even close

The Alex
KEVIN KOLB!

http://i.imgbox.com/addDOimV.gif

SolidGold
Barkley it is

fenikz
08-23-2012, 08:27 PM
I prefer Bray, Wilson or Thomas personally

yo123
There are no winners in this quarterback competition.

That was actually the worst throw I've seen in my entire life.

VernonLawson89
Gonna be fun watching our D against that AZ O-line ;)

Pat Sims 90
08-23-2012, 08:28 PM

I think at this point you would take any QB.

WCH
08-23-2012, 08:29 PM

Trade a seventh round pick for Graham Harrell, tank the season, and take whoever you want with the first pick.

Just a thought.

_YL_
08-23-2012, 08:30 PM
Eagles are laughing really hard right now.

Pat Sims 90
08-23-2012, 08:31 PM
Trade a seventh round pick for Graham Harrell, tank the season, and take whoever you want with the first pick.

Just a thought.

I don't think they need to trade for Harrell, they could just keep Kolb in and get the same result.

The Alex
There are no winners in this quarterback competition.

That was actually the worst throw I've seen in my entire life.

Mosquitoes don't suck as much as Cardinal quarterbacks.

http://i.imgbox.com/add0IA1C.gif

fenikz
I think at this point you would take any QB.

well yes but with the #1 pick we have the choice of whatever QB we want :D

jrdrylie
08-23-2012, 08:33 PM
Now that was a hell of a throw by Kolb.

_YL_
I think it's pointless for the Cards to take a QB when they can't block for him. None of these QB's will be able to accomplish anything good with that horrible blocking.

Complex
I hope Casey is okay.

fenikz
08-23-2012, 08:34 PM
idk if the same DL is in but Bridges and Massie look a hell of alot better than Batiste and Young

The Alex
08-23-2012, 08:34 PM
I hope Casey is okay.

If Casey is hurt, I... I don't know, but I'll be mad and I won't know how to express it.

Pat Sims 90
08-23-2012, 08:35 PM
I think it's pointless for the Cards to take a QB when they can't block for him. None of these QB's will be able to accomplish anything good with that horrible blocking.

They need a QB worth blocking for 1st.

jrdrylie
08-23-2012, 08:36 PM

Stupid argument. People said Detroit shouldn't take Stafford because their O-Line sucked. Today nobody thinks they made the wrong choice. You always take a franchise QB if you have a chance.

Ness
08-23-2012, 08:37 PM
Touchdown Kolb.

Don Vito
08-23-2012, 08:37 PM
Shut up Dilfer

fenikz
08-23-2012, 08:38 PM
Titans fans was your starting DL in? minus Casey

TitanHope
08-23-2012, 08:38 PM
Calm down, Dilfer. Kolb is up against the 2nd team secondary.

LonghornsLegend
08-23-2012, 08:40 PM
I think Dilfer and Kolb should just get a room. It's already old....

Don Vito
08-23-2012, 08:41 PM
Just saw the highlight of Greg Jennings pretty much taking a **** on Leon Hall's face. That was nice.

Pit Bull #53
Nah, 1st team is still in except Robert Johnson at safety.

The Alex
Is it wrong that I don't utterly loathe Dilfer like I used to a few years ago? He's slightly grown on me over the past 12 months.

fenikz
08-23-2012, 08:42 PM
Nah, 1st team is still in except Robert Johnson at safety.

thought so, yay O-Line looking half decent

Ness
I forgot how tall Jordy Nelson was as a receiver. He has a lot bigger build than I thought he did. Too bad he didn't make the Pro Bowl last season. He definitely deserved it.

Bengals78
Burfict has looked better in coverage than against the run. Looked really flat and Tyler barely moved to juke him.

Had a good diving deflection earlier.

Pat Sims 90
08-23-2012, 08:48 PM
Moch just blew around someone.

The Alex
08-23-2012, 08:50 PM
Anybody got an update on Casey?

Bengals78
08-23-2012, 08:53 PM
Moch just blew around someone.

He can flat out get to the QB

CashmoneyDrew
08-23-2012, 08:55 PM
Pimp C with another INT.

yo123
Arizona should trade for Tarvaris Jackson...he's better than both these clowns.

draftguru151
CRACKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i

Don Vito
Can't hear you Dilfer

_YL_
Dilfer can't slurp Kolb after that play.

tjsunstein
Kevin Kolb sucks so bad. He shouldn't be in the league.

The Alex
Kevin Kolb stinks.

tjsunstein
08-23-2012, 08:56 PM
Bironas tried to outsuck Kolb there.

CashmoneyDrew
Rob Bironas missed an extra point?

End of days.

Don Vito
Jesus that was awful Kolb

yo123
Can't hear you Dilfer

He sounded so disappointed with him like he was his son or something.

_YL_
Lol Kolb pass it to the guys in white.

TitanHope
08-23-2012, 08:57 PM
Bironas tried to outsuck Kolb there.

YOU SHUSH YOUR FACE ABOUT ROB BIRONAS!!!

JHL6719
Cardinals should trade for Matt Moore.

Don Vito
He sounded so disappointed with him like he was his son or something.

If you talk up Kevin Kolb you will get burned in front of a national TV audience and you will deserve it, especially if you are Trent Dilfer.

Don Vito
08-23-2012, 08:59 PM
Someone really needs to tell Dilfer to shut up and just stop trying to pull out anything positive about Kolb

"I like it, nice bounce back" Really? A three yard dump off

Don Vito
08-23-2012, 09:00 PM
"They can't go to Wal-Mart and get a new tackle"

How about a new QB Dilfer you sound like an idiot, I want to stop talking about him but everything coming out of his mouth is painfully dumb.

Take Fitz out before he gets killed

bigbluedefense
08-23-2012, 09:03 PM
Yeah....the Cardinals are gonna suck this year.

Don Vito
08-23-2012, 09:08 PM
Solid defense and I love the skill guys on offense, but the QB and OL could be very rough. Levi Brown getting hurt is a loss that they couldn't afford to take, he isn't a superstar but has been around and is a starter at a key spot.

I want Ryan Williams to beast. Fitz, Beanie, Floyd, and Williams is a nice core plus Stephens Howling. Just can't get it done without a QB or a line in front of him.

Ness
08-23-2012, 09:11 PM
No time to pass the ball. Line needs to protect better.

The Alex
08-23-2012, 09:11 PM
Hopefully this is more of the Titans being beastly on the line and less of the Cards being atrocious on theirs.

Ness
08-23-2012, 09:17 PM
Berman and Dilfer aren't as bad as I thought. I'm not sure if they're just both nervous or bored, but at least in terms of keeping their exuberance in check they've done a good job. At least they aren't milking it.

Don Vito
08-23-2012, 09:21 PM
Why even interview Kolb I don't get it.

Of course you think it was a great interview Dilfer

The damn chick sideline reporter said the coaches are going over the film and don't know who the starter will be. Can someone tell me why Dilfer has a hardo for Kolb?

bigbluedefense
08-23-2012, 09:25 PM
Because ****** qbs stick together?

asdf1223
08-23-2012, 09:28 PM
There's a Skelton brother? Awesome.

tjsunstein
08-23-2012, 09:30 PM
William Powell is earning something here. Get him to Green Bay after Arizona cuts him.

LonghornsLegend
08-23-2012, 09:31 PM
Lindley has got a gun. I like the tools he has to work with for a few years.

bigbluedefense
08-23-2012, 09:34 PM
I know this is bad timing on my part, but I like the Titans defense. They're a no name defense, but they have some talent. Good DL, I like McCarthy in the LB corp. It's not a dominant defense, but it's a solid one.