PDA

View Full Version : Roster Cut Down Thread

Pages : [1] 2

BeerBaron
08-23-2012, 09:43 AM
I thought it might be easier to keep track of each teams upcoming roster cut downs in a thread here.

Teams must be down to 80 players on Tuesday, August 28. Then, the final cuts to get down to 53 will happen on Friday, August 31.

And as always, expect some surprises in the mix.

For instance, the Packers may end up cutting Graham Harrell and James Starks:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/23/starks-harrell-could-be-on-chopping-block-in-green-bay/

And the Broncos may end up cutting two recent free agent acquisitions in Jim Leonard and Keith Brooking, both of whom have been unable to play this preseason due to injury:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/23/broncos-have-to-make-blind-decisions-on-leonhard-and-brooking/

So if you want to make some surprise cut predictions, now is the time.

CUTS TRACKER:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/25/75-man-roster-tracker/

Bixby (Thumper)
08-23-2012, 09:49 AM
The most notable cut the Eagles are expected to make is Antonio Dixon. Joselio Hanson was benched against the Patriots last week so he might be gone. And some speculate Darryl Tapp will be handed his walking papers but I highly doubt that.

phlysac
08-23-2012, 10:22 AM
Not confident any 49ers' cut will be 'surprises.' Two names that might fulfill that category...

Josh Johnson
Leonard Davis

But it's very possible both make the 53 as well.

Matthew Jones
08-23-2012, 10:44 AM
Here's my latest Patriots roster projection:

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012/08/patriots-roster-projection-salary-cap-impact.html

Razor
08-23-2012, 12:55 PM
Before TC I would've said Woodhead, but it looks like he's going to be around this year. Dan Koppen might be the closest thing that the Patriots have to offer in the surprise cut department, but he might stick just because of his experience with Tom Brady.

BeerBaron
08-23-2012, 12:57 PM
Before TC I would've said Woodhead, but it looks like he's going to be around this year. Dan Koppen might be the closest thing that the Patriots have to offer in the surprise cut department, but he might stick just because of his experience with Tom Brady.

Something has just been off about him since he exploded in his first year as a Pat. He was disappointing last year and the team seemed to get away from him even when it would benefit them to have a good pass catching back in the game.

K Train
08-23-2012, 12:57 PM
Guys im rooting for: Al Woods, Ryan Lee, Chris Rainey, Adrian Robinson, Jerrod Johnson, Curtis Brown

Guys im rooting against: Issac Redman (i know, hes a lock), Jason Worilds, Casey Hampton, Baron Batch, Charlie Batch, Ryan Clark, Keenan Lewis

BeerBaron
08-23-2012, 12:58 PM
Guys im rooting for: Al Woods, Ryan Lee, Chris Rainey, Adrian Robinson, Jerrod Johnson, Curtis Brown

Guys im rooting against: Issac Redman (i know, hes a lock), Jason Worilds, Casey Hampton, Baron Batch, Charlie Batch, Ryan Clark, Keenan Lewis

I don't think the Steelers can afford to cut any healthy running backs...

Matthew Jones
08-23-2012, 01:02 PM
Something has just been off about him since he exploded in his first year as a Pat. He was disappointing last year and the team seemed to get away from him even when it would benefit them to have a good pass catching back in the game.

Woodhead looked fine last year, he just didn't have a major role in the offense after the team drafted Stevan Ridley and to a lesser extent Shane Vereen.

K Train
08-23-2012, 01:03 PM
I don't think the Steelers can afford to cut any healthy running backs...

yeah, i would never expect redman to be cut although news of his hip problem lingering excites me for dwyer.

Baron Batch really isnt worth keeping. Hes a hell of a blogger, and has a hell of a story, but he is just a guy on the field

WCH
08-23-2012, 05:30 PM
This prediction won't shock anybody on here, but it does go against what most Packer fans were thinking all offseason: Green Bay will only keep five WRs (Jennings, Nelson, Cobb, Jones, Driver). There's won't be a sixth WR; everybody else is getting cut.

tjsunstein
08-23-2012, 05:39 PM
This prediction won't shock anybody on here, but it does go against what most Packer fans were thinking all offseason: Green Bay will only keep five WRs (Jennings, Nelson, Cobb, Jones, Driver). There's won't be a sixth WR; everybody else is getting cut.
No one has stuck out. We had potential going in to carry a 6th, Dale Moss (the freak athlete basketball player), Boykin, and Borel but none would add anything that we don't already have and we need to carry a player elsewhere with depth/injury concerns.

WCH
08-23-2012, 05:42 PM
No one has stuck out. We had potential going in to carry a 6th, Dale Moss (the freak athlete basketball player), Boykin, and Borel but none would add anything that we don't already have and we need to carry a player elsewhere with depth/injury concerns.

If one of them had stood above the rest then it'd be different. My guess is that Moss and Boykin make the PS, Gurley and Borel catch on with other teams because of mid-season injuries.

diabsoule
08-23-2012, 05:57 PM
The Bears have cut RB Kahlil Bell

PackerLegend
08-23-2012, 06:06 PM
I thought it might be easier to keep track of each teams upcoming roster cut downs in a thread here.

Teams must be down to 80 players on Tuesday, August 28. Then, the final cuts to get down to 53 will happen on Friday, August 31.

And as always, expect some surprises in the mix.

For instance, the Packers may end up cutting Graham Harrell and James Starks:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/23/starks-harrell-could-be-on-chopping-block-in-green-bay/

And the Broncos may end up cutting two recent free agent acquisitions in Jim Leonard and Keith Brooking, both of whom have been unable to play this preseason due to injury:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/23/broncos-have-to-make-blind-decisions-on-leonhard-and-brooking/

So if you want to make some surprise cut predictions, now is the time.

Not like a big deal but the exact time of first cutdowns is Monday at 3pm not Tues.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Pack only kept 5 WRs as well. The other guys haven't stood out.

BeerBaron
08-23-2012, 06:07 PM
The Bears have cut RB Kahlil Bell

He was an adequate all around backup RB but nothing special. He refused to take a pay cut to stay this year, so he's gone. I think the Steelers should take a look at him.

I'm rooting for Lorenzo Booker to get our 3rd RB job. It's gotta be a guy who can contribute on special teams and he certainly can.

BeerBaron
08-23-2012, 06:22 PM
They said on ESPN (I'm ashamed for watching it) a few minutes ago that the Cardinals could be in the market for a veteran backup QB depending on who all gets cut next week. I wonder if they're thinking of cutting ties with Kolb this year. He'll only be making $1 million this year but just getting that bad taste out of their mouths might be worth it.

WCH
08-23-2012, 06:28 PM
Arizona would be a much more appealing landing spot than Green Bay -- at least for guys like McCoy and T-Jack who presumably still feel like they can start.

FUNBUNCHER
08-23-2012, 08:28 PM
Be prepared to see the SKins cut TE Chris Cooley, injuries and salary cap considerations, and mighty mite Brandon Banks. Shanny doesn't want to keep a guy who can only return kicks and can't contribute at WR.

redbills
08-24-2012, 10:45 AM
If we don't cut Choice I'll punch Chan in the nut sack.

Razor
08-24-2012, 10:46 AM
They said on ESPN (I'm ashamed for watching it) a few minutes ago that the Cardinals could be in the market for a veteran backup QB depending on who all gets cut next week. I wonder if they're thinking of cutting ties with Kolb this year. He'll only be making $1 million this year but just getting that bad taste out of their mouths might be worth it.

Go get Hoyer. Do it!

A Perfect Score
08-24-2012, 11:06 AM
The Cards got fleeced so hard in the Kolb trade. What an awful, awful deal.

BeerBaron
08-24-2012, 11:10 AM
Go get Hoyer. Do it!

That could be too close to a Kolb 2.0 situation. Trading for a backup with even less playing experience than Kolb had?

Sounds like they might be in the market for Tarvaris Jackson if Seattle releases him. That should tell you all the more you need to know about how bad Arizona's current QB situation is.

K Train
08-24-2012, 11:11 AM
The Cards got fleeced so hard in the Kolb trade. What an awful, awful deal.

lets monitor foles now, who is andy reid going to hoax into thinking an eagles backup QB is the answer, the future, the truth?

BeerBaron
08-24-2012, 11:12 AM
lets monitor foles now, who is andy reid going to hoax into thinking an eagles backup QB is the answer, the future, the truth?

Foles might just stay with the Eagles. The better question is, if the team fizzles again this year, who do they fleece with Vick and his hundred million dollar contract?

Caulibflower
08-24-2012, 02:34 PM
That could be too close to a Kolb 2.0 situation. Trading for a backup with even less playing experience than Kolb had?

Sounds like they might be in the market for Tarvaris Jackson if Seattle releases him. That should tell you all the more you need to know about how bad Arizona's current QB situation is.

Tarvaris would probably be pretty decent in Arizona. He didn't have a phenomenal year last year, but he was injured for a large portion of it and we didn't have any wide receivers. Having Fitz and Floyd on the outsides will make any QB more comfortable, and they've got a pretty good defense and their running game is looking good so far. That's a T-Jax kind of team. As many people know, Fitz and Jackson work out together in the offseason, so there's that, too. But part of what makes Arizona's QB situation look so bad is that both guys they have in there are in some sense "projects," or are at least "unproven," but neither is a rookie or someone who was looked at as a developmental prospect coming into the league. Way more of a "Well, this is who we've got," situation.

Setting aside potential and considering the ability for a QB to lead his team to wins right at this present moment, I don't think an Arizona offense quarterbacked by Jackson would be a joke. Wouldn't be a juggernaut, but who else remembers Luke McCown and Matt Leinart having 400-yard games when Larry's feeling good and has someone drawing coverage to the other side? It can happen. But putting Jackson in Arizona, once he learns the offense, would put AZ's QB situation, in my opinion, about on par (or above) with Jacksonville, Tennessee, Cleveland, Miami, Tampa Bay, Seattle, Kansas City, Minnesota, Buffalo, Oakland, St. Louis, San Francisco or the Jets. I don't know if any of those teams has a starter who's currently a clear step above Jackson, so if Arizona were to sign him it's not like the bell's tolling for the death of their season already.

Caulibflower
08-24-2012, 02:37 PM
There's just too many quarterbacks in Seattle. :-)

BeerBaron
08-24-2012, 02:42 PM
...but who else remembers Luke McCown and Matt Leinart having 400-yard games...

I think you mean Josh McCown, who gave us this eternally wonderful moment:

a_QzwbZJyFg

There's just too many quarterbacks in Seattle. :-)

When you've got two (or more,) you've got zero...you know the saying.

Ness
08-24-2012, 02:46 PM
Paul Allen is such a homer, but he's one of the best football radio announcers.

Matthew Jones
08-24-2012, 02:53 PM
Foles might just stay with the Eagles. The better question is, if the team fizzles again this year, who do they fleece with Vick and his hundred million dollar contract?

Vick's contract seems worse than it is. The sixth year of the deal ($20 million) is already voided because Vick played in over 35% of Philadelphia's snaps last season. Vick is owed $12.5 million this season, but after that, the Eagles will be able to cut him without paying him any more money. The Eagles will have paid him $32.5 million for this season and last season, with the option to cut him at any point.

Caulibflower
08-24-2012, 03:32 PM

a_QzwbZJyFg

Ah, yes. The other McCown.

I know the saying. It's just a saying.

descendency
08-24-2012, 03:47 PM

Unless you have Tom Brady AND Drew Bledsoe!

Hines
08-24-2012, 04:56 PM
Packers cut Anthony Hargrove.

BeerBaron
08-24-2012, 06:05 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/24/packers-cut-anthony-hargrove/

Hargrove and some other guys:

The Packers have announced that they cut Hargrove, as well as WR Andrew Brewer, S Micah Pellerin, T Herb Taylor and CB Dion Turner.

What are they doing at safety this year?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/24/bengals-clear-nine-roster-spots/

The Bengals meanwhile:

On IR are cornerback Brandon Ghee, cornerback Shaun Prater, receiver/cornerback Taveon Rodgers, safety Robert Sands, and guard Travelle Wharton. Gone are defensive end Luke Black, running back Aaron Brown, quarterback Tyler Hansen, and guard Matt Murphy.

prock
08-24-2012, 06:09 PM

a_QzwbZJyFg

**** you BB.

WCH
08-24-2012, 06:21 PM
I expected Hargrove to get cut. I never saw them carrying both him and Neal through suspensions, and Hargrove hasn't done much in the preseason. By cutting him this early, he might get some looks from another team (though, I doubt it).

BeerBaron
08-24-2012, 06:51 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/24/cards-put-levi-brown-on-ir-cut-12-to-get-down-to-75/

Cards put Levi Brown on IR and make moves:

In addition to putting Brown on injured reserve, they also waived fullback Jared Crank and running back Thomas Clayton with the waived-injured designation, and they released the following players: DE Landon Cohen, WR Gino Crump, S Eddie Elder, WR Tre Gray, CB Marshay Green, WR Jaymar Johnson, FB Reagan Maui’a, LB Marcus McGraw, LB Zack Nash, CB James Nixon, K/P Ricky Schmitt and LB Paul Vassalo.

SuperPacker
08-24-2012, 07:32 PM
What are they doing at safety this year?

Being terrible.

Seriously though, we're probably just begging that we can actually get some pass rush this year which will take some heat off the secondary. Tramon Williams is apparently back to his healthy 2010 form, so there's that as well. The tackling problems are still there, however.

WCH
08-24-2012, 07:35 PM
Being terrible.

Seriously though, we're probably just begging that we can actually get some pass rush this year which will take some heat off the secondary. Tramon Williams is apparently back to his healthy 2010 form, so there's that as well. The tackling problems are still there, however.

No, no...I think the first answer was the serious answer. If Hayward can lock down the slot then Woodson might be able to focus on SS, but I'm not holding my breath.

SuperPacker
08-24-2012, 07:42 PM
No, no...I think the first answer was the serious answer. If Hayward can lock down the slot then Woodson might be able to focus on SS, but I'm not holding my breath.

Well as a whole I think the defense has improved this season (albeit very slightly). I'd be happy with not finishing last in total defense, although I don't pay much attention to yards allowed. I'm much more concerned with the ppg which was middle of the road last season. Goes back to that unbelievably painful to watch "bend but don't break" defense.

BeerBaron
08-25-2012, 12:04 PM
Jags cuts:

Eight players have been cut, led by veteran cornerback Ashton Youboty and quarterback Nathan Enderle.

Also gone are receiver Chastin West, linebacker Nate Bussey, running back DuJuan Harris, cornerback Mike Holmes, tackle Dan Hoch, and linebacker Donovan Richard.

Jets:

Gone are receiver Dexter Jackson, guard Terrence Campbell, long snapper Derek Chard, defensive tackle Matt Hardison, cornerback LeQuan Lewis, safety Marcus Lott, and receiver Raymond Webber.

Dolphins:

Tight end Les Brown, the former college basketball player who has gotten a lot of run on the show for his good-catch, no-block ways, was among 10 players involved in transactions.

The moves get the Dolphins roster to 78 players, and they have to removed three from the roster by Monday.

In addition to Brown, the Dolphins waived the following players: defensive tackle Chas Alecxih, cornerback Marcus Brown, safety Tyrell Johnson, cornerback Trenton Hughes, linebacker Josh Linam, running back Jerome Messam, defensive end Jacquies Smith and cornerback Jonathan Wade (who gave up a pair of touchdowns last night).

They also placed running back Jonas Gray on the physically unable to perform list.

BeerBaron
08-25-2012, 04:59 PM
Vikings cuts:

The following players — all rookies and one- or two-year veterans — have been waived: guard Bridger Buche, running back Derrick Coleman, guard Grant Cook, linebacker Soloman Elimimian, defensive back Corey Gatewood, tackle Levi Horn, defensive end Anthony Jacobs, receiver Kamar Jorden, receiver A.J. Love, linebacker Tyler Nielsen, defensive end Ernest Owusu, defensive tackle Tydreke Powell, cornerback Chris Stroud, receiver Kerry Taylor, and receiver Bryan Walters.

BeerBaron
08-25-2012, 06:22 PM
Eagles:

The first 10 to go as Philly moves to 75 are receiver Elvis Akpla (pictured), safety Wade Bonner, defensive end Xavier Brown, receiver Brian Hernandez, receiver McKay Jacobson, receiver Tiger Jones, guard Alfred McCullough, safety Tom Nelson, cornerback Kevin Thomas, and tackle Thomas Welch.

Falcons:

Atlanta officially placed tackle Will Svitek on injured reserve after an upper arm injury ended his season earlier this week.The other familiar name among the Falcons who won’t be continuing on with the team this season is tight end Chase Coffman. The former 2009 third-round pick signed with the Falcons earlier this month, but wasn’t able to do enough to stay off of waivers.

The Falcons also waived linebacker Max Gruder, kicker Erik Folk, running back Richard Medlin, fullback Lee Meisner, defensive end Louis Nzegwu, wide receiver Kenny Stafford, and tight end Aron White on Saturday. Defensive tackle Elisha Joseph and cornerback Darrin Walls received injury settlements from the team.

Hines
08-26-2012, 08:28 AM
Eagles have also cut Cliff Harris, which surprised me because I thought he was impressing them.

GaMeTiMe
08-26-2012, 10:28 AM
Eagles have also cut Cliff Harris, which surprised me because I thought he was impressing them.

He was early in camp. But Nnamdi/DRC/Boykin/Hanson/Marsh are all entrenched ahead of him and he wasnt leading the way in the return game any longer.

Matthew Jones
08-26-2012, 12:25 PM
Do any Eagles fans have impressions of Thomas Welch? The Pats drafted him in 2010 and could use some tackle depth. He played eight games between New England and St. Louis (with McDaniels) last season.

SolidGold
08-26-2012, 12:57 PM
Cundiff was cut by Balt

XxXdragonXxX
08-26-2012, 01:06 PM
Terrell Owens has been cut by the Seahawks.

Oh darn.

BeerBaron
08-26-2012, 03:09 PM
Titans:

The Titans got down to the 75-man roster limit by placing return man Marc Mariani on injured reserve, among other moves, according to Jim Wyatt of the Tennesseean.

The Titans also placed safety Markelle Martin on PUP, and released the following players: Running back Herb Donaldson, center William Vlachos, quarterback Nick Stephens, kicker Will Batson, tight end Joey Haynos, offensive linemen George Bias and Jonathan Palmer, safety Christian Scott and wide receivers Chase Deadder, LaQuinton Evans and Marcus Harris.

Bears:

The Bears did most of the work to get to the 75-man roster limit, placing safety Brandon Hardin on IR, wide receiver Johnny Knox on PUP and releasing veteran defensive tackle John McCargo and waived eight other players.

The Bears also waived linebacker K.C. Asiodu, quarterback Matt Blanchard, safety Trevor Coston, receivers Terriun Crump and Chris Summers; and defensive end Derek Walker; and waived/injured linebacker Adrien Cole and guard Nick Pieschel.

That blows about Hardin. I guess we're doomed to an eternity of lousy safety play.

BeerBaron
08-26-2012, 03:30 PM
Chiefs cuts:

It wasn’t much of a list, as second-year wideout Jeremy Horne (who doesn’t have an NFL catch) was the most experienced player cut.

Linebacker Caleb Campbell, from Army, was also on the list.

The others, per the team, were: Fullback Shane Bannon, tight end Tim Biere, wide receivers Brandon Kinnie, Zeke Markshausen and Aaron Weaver, offensive linemen Justin Cheadle and Cam Hollland, defensive end Ethan Johnson, linebacker Dexter Heyman, defensive backs Dominique Ellis and Jean Fanor and kicker Matt Szymanski.

SuperMcGee
08-26-2012, 03:33 PM
Bills down to 75 by releasing

LB Danny Batten
WR David Clowney
DE Sean Ferguson
CB Prince Miller
TE Fendi Onobun
DT Jay Ross
WR Derek Session
DB Nick Sukay
OG Jake Vermiglio

and TE Mike Caussin to PUP. No surprises here. Batten was a decent special teamer but was certainly not going to stick around after bringing in Bradham and Carder. Ferguson and Ross had moments but faced impossible depth. Prince Miller not getting to the next round of cuts might have been a little odd, especially with us not overexerting some CB at the moment, but again he had no chance.

XxXdragonXxX
08-26-2012, 04:25 PM
Seahawks

Waived/injured- LB Jameson Konz, DE Pep Livingston, CB Roy Lewis, TE Cameron Morrah

Waived- WR Phil Bates, T Edawn Coughman, CB Donny Lisowski, CB Ron Parker, RB Tyrell Sutton

Released Veterans- T Alex Barron, G Deuce Lutui, WR Terrell Owens

Hines
08-26-2012, 05:51 PM
Jets might cut John Conner. I'd take him on the Steelers any day especially since our FB is out for the year.

niel89
08-26-2012, 06:19 PM
Cundiff was cut by Balt

Thank god man. I had 0 confidence in him making a important kick this year.

Razor
08-27-2012, 07:56 AM
The Patriots have cut DT/DE Tim Bulman, making him the first casualty of today.

EDIT: Donte Stallworth was cut as well.

Caddy
08-27-2012, 08:00 AM
Thank god man. I had 0 confidence in him making a important kick this year.

I don't think anyone can blame you.

BeerBaron
08-27-2012, 08:05 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/25/75-man-roster-tracker/

This will be helpful. I'll add it to the first post as well.

descendency
08-27-2012, 08:21 AM
Jets might cut John Conner. I'd take him on the Steelers any day especially since our FB is out for the year.

So, they are going to terminate their ties with him? :njx:

cmarq83
08-27-2012, 09:51 AM

Conner has looked pretty bad so far IMO. If the Jets are thinking about releasing him with their plans to run the ball more, I don't think he's a roster worthy player.

Matthew Jones
08-27-2012, 09:54 AM
The Patriots have released FB Spencer Larsen. I'm keeping track of all of New England's roster moves on Twitter at https://twitter.com/bestshowonsnow

BeerBaron
08-27-2012, 10:00 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/27/chargers-part-ways-with-roscoe-parrish/

The Chargers have cut Roscoe Parrish, which is one of the bigger moves I've heard so far. Any team looking for help in the return game might be interested.

SolidGold
08-27-2012, 10:15 AM
Vince Young is out in Buffalo.

scottyboy
08-27-2012, 10:29 AM
giants cut joe martinek :(

Matthew Jones
08-27-2012, 10:48 AM
giants cut joe martinek :(

http://suicidehotlines.com/

BeerBaron
08-27-2012, 10:49 AM
Vince Young is out in Buffalo.

Do we think this is it for him? It'll be disappointing, but I think he's close to the end of the line as an NFL QB. Maybe the UFL or CFL wants him...

Such a waste. I think what Cam Newton is now is what everyone expected VY to be. He just never put all his talent together into something that worked at the NFL level. Seemed dumb as a brick and didn't seem to take to coaching well either.

Alas. Kudos to you if you predicted that Cutler would be the only QB from that first round still starting in 2012. Hell, VY might be the 2nd best out of the class by default, but even Tarvaris and Bruce Gradkowski are still in the league as backups.

BeerBaron
08-27-2012, 10:53 AM
And looking at it more....a LARGE portion of the 2006 draft class has been disappointing.

I don't think Mario Williams has played up to his billing but he hasn't been bad either. Reggie Bush has obviously disappointed compared to what was expected. I already touched on the QBs...

Fergusen has been good. Hawk hasn't been bad, but he hasn't been great either. Vernon Davis has finally caught on but disappointed for quite a while there. Huff has been meh...Whitner, Sims...bleh.

jrdrylie
08-27-2012, 11:08 AM
Ugh, Bears 3rd round pick is on IR? Awesome.

Also, Pittsburgh cut Myron Rolle. That guy just needs to quit football. He is brilliant and could do so many things. Medical research, surgeon, politics are all in his future. Football is only going to hold him back.

BeerBaron
08-27-2012, 11:32 AM
Giants:

Tight end Travis Beckum was expected to wind up on the PUP list after he tore his ACL in the Super Bowl, but the team wasn’t planning to be without defensive tackle Chris Canty for at least the first six games of the year. Canty had knee surgery this offseason and he’s claimed that his knee is in better shape now than it was when he was playing a major role in the push for the title last year. That hasn’t helped him actually start practcing, though, and now his clock’s been reset.

The Giants waived 11 players on Monday. Tight end Ryan Purvis, defensive tackle Carlton Powell, defensive back Chris Horton, wide receiver Julian Talley, wide receiver Brandon Collins, tight end Christian Hopkins, defensive back Brandon Bing, defensive back Jojo Nicolas, running back Joe Martinek, tackle Joel Reinders and defensive tackle Oren Wilson will all be available to any team that wishes to claim them.

Veteran cornerback Antwaun Molden was released, which isn’t a great sign for his future given the need for healthy corners in Jersey right now, and fourth-round offensive lineman Brandon Mosley’s rookie year is over with the team placing him on injured reserve.

Saints:
The Saints announced they’ve cut veteran defensive tackle Remi Ayodele and quarterback Luke McCown as a part of Monday’s deadline moves.

So if Ayodele says “give me my money,” again, it’ll be to a new employer.

The Saints also waived the following players: Tight end Jake Byrne, wide receivers Marques Clark, Kevin Hardy and Derek Moye, offensive linemen Hutch Eckerson, Paul Fenaroli and Brian Folkerts, defensive end Donavan Robinson, defensive tackle Swanson Miller, linebacker Aaron Tevis, cornerbacks Kamaal McIlwain and Cord Parks and safety Johnny Thomas.

Lions:

Per Twentyman, the Lions have also told fullback James Bryant, receiver Jarett Dillard, running back Stephfon Green, safety Sean Jones, guard Jacques McClendon, linebacker Slade Norris, guard J.C. Oram, defensive tackle Bobby Skinner and receiver Terrence Toliver to turn in their playbooks before heading off to the next stop on their journeys.

The Lions have five more moves to make before the 4 p.m. deadline. One name to watch is running back Jahvid Best, who hasn’t been medically cleared and is expected to go on the physically-unable-to-perform list to start the season.

eaglesalltheway
08-27-2012, 11:33 AM
Ugh, Bears 3rd round pick is on IR? Awesome.

Also, Pittsburgh cut Myron Rolle. That guy just needs to quit football. He is brilliant and could do so many things. Medical research, surgeon, politics are all in his future. Football is only going to hold him back.

Agreed, there are much more productive things he could be doing than warming a bench or filling in a Practice Squad spot.

georgiafan
08-27-2012, 11:37 AM
Falcons cut QB John Parker Wilson

scottyboy
08-27-2012, 11:39 AM
Canty being pup'ed sucks. Gonna hurt us early.

Bing being cut makes me sad

Bert Macklin
08-27-2012, 11:54 AM
We cut McCown before Canfield. I want to cut myself.

killxswitch
08-27-2012, 11:57 AM
Is Deuce Lutui worth looking at for a team with no starting RG?

Maybe This Year Mayhew
08-27-2012, 11:58 AM
Lions cut
K Derek Dimke
G Jacques McClendon
LB Slade Norris
RB Stefon Green
Safety Sean Jones
FB James Bryant
WR Jarrett Dilliard
DT Bobby Skinner
G JC Oram
WR Terrence Tolliver

BeerBaron
08-27-2012, 12:01 PM
Is Deuce Lutui worth looking at for a team with no starting RG?

Well, I'm sure he'd be better than fielding only 10 players would be...

Still though, I doubt he'd be an upgrade at this point. He struggled with weight as a Cardinal and couldn't even survive first cuts as a Seahawk with his college coach in charge.

BeerBaron
08-27-2012, 12:55 PM
Not quite cuts, but the Colts make a few more moves to get down to 75:

Defensive tackle Brandon McKinney and offensive tackle George Foster were placed on injured reserve, along with wide receiver Griff Whalen.

Rookie defensive tackle Josh Chapman and guard Justin Anderson were placed on the reserve/PUP list, which will keep them on the shelf for at least the first six weeks.

phlysac
08-27-2012, 01:19 PM
49ers

8 of 14 names...

WR - Ben Hannula
WR - Brian Tyms
TE - Joe Sawyer
DT - Matt Masifilo
DT - Patrick Butrym
DB - Cory Nelms
DB - Deante Purvis
K- Giorgio Tavecchio

BeerBaron
08-27-2012, 01:58 PM
Panthers:

The Panthers put promising wide receiver David Gettis on the reserve/PUP list, and cornerback Brandon Hogan on IR, as they were slow to recover from previous problems.

Gettis was coming off an ACL tear last year, but it was a hamstring that kept him from working out this season. Hogan, a 2011 fourth-round pick, was rarely on the practice field this year with knee problems, after a late-career ACL at West Virginia dropped his draft stock.

The Panthers also released veteran kicker Olindo Mare and punter Nick Harris, to make way for some degree of new kicker (Justin Medlock’s the one on the roster at the moment) and sixth-round pick Brad Nortman.

The Panthers also waived wide receivers Darvin Adams, Michael Avila, Brenton Bersin and Rico Wallace, running backs Josh Vaughan and Lyndon Rowells, tight end Greg Smith, guards Roger Allen and Will Blackwell and linebacker-defensive end Eric Norwood.

Norwood is probably the biggest name there.

brat316
08-27-2012, 02:01 PM
really Medlock?

Ask KC fans how great he was?

RufusMcDaniel
08-27-2012, 02:03 PM
He was pretty good in the CFL, maybe that helped with his confidence.

BeerBaron
08-27-2012, 02:04 PM
Jets:

Gone are linebacker Ambrose Damario, receiver Stanley Aruke, receiver Wes Kemp, running back Jeremy Stewart, and kicker Josh Brown.

They also waived fullback/tight end Josh Baker with the “injured” designation. If he clears waivers, he’ll land on the Jets’ injured reserve list.

Another year of Nick Folk anyone? Should help complete that trainwreck...

Scotty D
08-27-2012, 02:15 PM
Lions are trading for Kevin Barnes, CB - Redskins. Don't know much about him

SuperMcGee
08-27-2012, 02:19 PM
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w62/Superkevin40/medlock-1.jpg

SolidGold
08-27-2012, 02:21 PM
Lions are trading for Kevin Barnes, CB - Redskins. Don't know much about him

He is a decent CB - probably best know for this though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCO0sRPJEZ8

BeerBaron
08-27-2012, 02:22 PM
Haha, and now he's going to be on the same team as Best.

BeerBaron
08-27-2012, 03:06 PM
Rams:

The Rams have thanked defensive lineman John Gill, linebacker Noah Keller (pictured), fullback Todd Anderson, kicker Garrett Lindolm, running back Nicholas Schweiger, wide receiver Charles Gilbert, wide receiver Brandyn Harvey, offensive lineman Kevin Hughes, linebacker Alex Hoffman-Ellis and running back Calvin Middleton for their efforts and sent them on their way.

Broncos:

Long snapper Lonie Paxton, who has played in all 16 games in each of the last three seasons for the Broncos, was the best-known veteran released by Denver today. Paxton is a well-traveled veteran who previously won three Super Bowl rings as the Patriots’ long snapper.

The Broncos also waived the following players: linebacker Elliot Coffey, wide receiver Mark Dell, wide receiver Cameron Kenney, tight end Anthony Miller, defensive end Cyril Obiozor, running back Xavier Omon, safety Anthony Perkins, tackle Mike Remmers, cornerback Ramzee Robinson, fullback Austin Sylvester and guard Austin Wuebbels.

The Broncos also placed defensive end Jason Hunter on injured reserve with a triceps injury.

Texans:

In addition to placing fifth-round draft pick Randy Bullock on injured reserve, the Texans released veteran linebacker Omar Gaither and wide receiver Bryant Johnson to get to the 75-man limit, according to the Houston Chronicle.

They also waived sixth-round pick Nick Mondek, along with releasing the following players: center Thomas Austin, punter Brett Hartmann, receiver Mario Lewis, running back Davin Meggett, defensive end Jimmy Saddler-McQueen, fullback Derrell Smith, guard Kasey Studdard and cornerback Torri Williams.

Linebacker Darryl Sharpton was placed on physically unable to perform list. Nose tackle Sunny Harris and linebacker Greg William were waived-injured.

Chargers:

The Chargers have released the full list of roster moves they made to get down to 75 players and Parrish is the biggest name involved. The team placed guard Johnnie Troutman, a fifth-round pick this year, on the reserve/non-football injury list because of a torn pectoral muscle he suffered just before the draft. Offensive lineman Brandyn Dombrowski will go on the reserve/non-football illness list thanks to a cyst on his foot that has kept him from passing his physical.

The Chargers also waived wide receivers Jason Barnes, Taylor Embree and Phillip Payne, defensive tackle Eddie Brown, long snapper Nick Guess, running back Michael Hayes, tight end Brad Taylor and offensive tackle Phil Trautwein.

They also reached injury settlements with defensive tackle Garrett Brown and offensive tackle Michael Toudouze.

So far the cuts have been pretty standard. When Roscoe Parrish, Lonnie Paxton and Omar Gaither highlight the list, you know it's a slow day.

The NEXT round of cuts on Friday though has the potential to be ridiculous.

dan77733
08-27-2012, 03:07 PM
49ers

8 of 14 names...

WR - Ben Hannula
WR - Brian Tyms
TE - Joe Sawyer
DT - Matt Masifilo
DT - Patrick Butrym
DB - Cory Nelms
DB - Deante Purvis
K- Giorgio Tavecchio

According to rotoworld.com, add OL Jason Slowey and WR Joe Hastings to the cut list. 49ers also placed OLB Darius Fleming and RB Jewel Hampton on the reserve/NFI list.

Scotty D
08-27-2012, 03:13 PM
https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/240172134910029824

Lions officially put Best on PUP. Awesome.

phlysac
08-27-2012, 03:17 PM
49ers down to 75

FB - Cameron Bell
WR - Joe Hastings
WR - Ben Hannula
WR - Brian Tyms
TE - Joe Sawyer
OL - Jason Slowey
DT - Matt Masifilo
DT - Patrick Butrym
OLB - Kourtnei Brown
DB - Cory Nelms
DB - Deante Purvis
K- Giorgio Tavecchio

ImBrotherCain
08-27-2012, 03:17 PM
https://twitter.com/davebirkett/status/240172134910029824

Lions officially put Best on PUP. Awesome.

Are you shocked?

Scotty D
08-27-2012, 03:18 PM
Are you shocked?

No, I knew it was coming. I don't expect back this year at all.

killxswitch
08-27-2012, 03:24 PM
So far the cuts have been pretty standard. When Roscoe Parrish, Lonnie Paxton and Omar Gaither highlight the list, you know it's a slow day.

The NEXT round of cuts on Friday though has the potential to be ridiculous.

And the Colts have 1st dibs on em!

http://www.memecreator.org/static/images/memes/449078.jpg

BeerBaron
08-27-2012, 03:50 PM
49ers:

Tackle Jason Slowey, selected 199th overall out of Western Oregon, was waived by the team, making him the first member of the 2012 class to wash out with the Niners. If he passes through waivers unclaimed, San Francisco could bring him back when they fill out their practice squad.

Linebacker Darius Fleming, a fifth-round pick, has been placed on the reserve/physically-unable-to-perform list after injuring his knee in one of the first practices of the year and running back Jewel Hampton has been placed on the reserve/non-football injury list. Both of them will be eligible to practice and play after the Niners play their sixth game of the year.

The team also waived running back Cameron Bell, linebacker Kourtnei Brown, wide receiver Brian Tyms, safety Cory Nelms, wide receiver Joe Hastings, wide receiver Ben Hannula, kicker Giorgio Tavecchio, defensive tackle Matt Masifilo, cornerback Deante’ Purvis , tight end Joe Sawyer and defensive tackle Patrick Butrym.

Rams:

Wide receiver Danario Alexander was waived-injured after a hamstring injury left him sidelined for all but a few practices this summer. The Rams would be allowed to bring Alexander back to put him on injured reserve if he passes through waivers, but Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that he’ll get an injury settlement from the team instead.

Alexander’s talent has never been in question, but he’s had a hard time staying on the field dating back to his college days at Missouri. He’s had five surgeries on his left knee alone, which makes it surprising that he was able to play enough to catch 46 passes for 737 yards and three touchdowns for the Rams in the last two seasons.

The Rams also placed defensive tackle Trevor Laws on injured reserve because of a patellar tendon injury. He was signed away from the Eagles as a free agent this offseason in hopes of bolstering the interior of the line, but those duties will now fall to Kendall Langford and rookie Michael Brockers.

Tight end Brody Eldridge, a fifth-round pick of the Colts in 2010, was waived. Eldridge faces a four-game suspension for violating the league’s performance-enhancing drug policy. Offensive lineman Ryan McKee and long snapper Travis Tripucka were also waived on Monday.

BeerBaron
08-27-2012, 05:31 PM
The always interesting Patriots make their cuts:

In addition to the previously reported Donte Stallworth move, they also cut wideout Jabar Gaffney.

Also released were defensive linemen Gerard Warren and Tim Bulman and safety Ross Ventrone (who will probably be re-signed and cut six more times before the start of the regular season).

Releasing Gaffney clears out a veteran who might have otherwise taken away receptions from their well-paid cast of tight ends. But he can still play and probably won’t be out of work long.

Defensive back Will Allen, safety Josh Barrett and fullback Spencer Larsen were placed on injured reserve, and tight end Jake Ballard and defensive lineman Myron Pryor were placed on the reserve-PUP. Rookie offensive lineman Markus Zusevics was placed on the reserve-Non Football Injury list.

The Patriots also claimed first-year WR Kerry Taylor off waivers from the Vikings. He was on their practice squad last year.

BeerBaron
08-27-2012, 05:33 PM
And the Bucs:

As expected, the Buccaneers have cleared a roster spot by placing guard Davin Joseph on injured reserve with a knee injury suffered Friday night against the Patriots.

They made 14 other moves to get to 75 players on Monday.

Waived were running back De’Anthony Curtis, long snapper Andrew DePaola, receiver Greg Ellingson, tight end Collin Franklin, receiver Ed Gant, punter Eric Guthrie, tackle Mike Ingersoll, linebacker Brian Smith, safety Tramain Thomas, and cornerback Marquese Wheaton.

The Bucs also placed defensive end Da’Quan Bowers on the reserve/PUP list, which makes him unavailable for at least the first six weeks of the regular season.

SuperPacker
08-27-2012, 05:35 PM
The Packers placed RB Du’ane Bennett, LB Desmond Bishop, TE DeMarco Cosby, G Ray Dominguez, DE Johnny Jones and WR Shaky Smithson on injured reserve. TE Andrew Quarless and LB Frank Zombo were placed on reserve/physically unable to perform.

Green Bay released FB Jon Hoese and DE Jarius Wynn.

Desmond Bishop :(

Wynn is probably a notable guy. He 'started' for us last season. Yes, our defense was that bad!

descendency
08-27-2012, 06:01 PM
The always interesting Patriots make their cuts:

Cutting Gaffney is interesting. Most people thought he was a lock to make the roster.

BeerBaron
08-27-2012, 06:07 PM
Redskins::

As previously reported, kicker Neil Rackers lost the kicking competition to Graham Gano. The Redskins also released veteran offensive linemen Tony Moll (pictured) and James Lee.

The Redskins have waived running back Antwon Bailey, offensive lineman Chris Campbell, running back Lennon Creer, quarterback Jonathan Crompton, receiver Samuel Kirkland, linebacker Monte Lewis, guard Nick Martinez, and tight end Beau Reliford.

Receiver Lance Lewis was waived with the injured designation. If unclaimed, he reverts to Washington’s injured reserve list. Also, cornerback Morgan Trent was waived with an injury settlement; if unclaimed, he won’t be back.

Cornerback Kevin Barnes has been traded to the Lions.

Finally, right tackle Jammal Brown was shifted from active/PUP to reserve/PUP. He’ll miss at least the first six weeks of the season.

Iamcanadian
08-27-2012, 08:26 PM
http://www.gbnreport.com/cutdownday.htm

Today's player cuts!!!

holt_bruce81
08-27-2012, 08:33 PM
Sad to see Danario go, but after 5 knee surgeries before he even getting to the NFL, you kind of saw this day coming. Still, sad day.

scottyboy
08-27-2012, 08:37 PM
i love how all these rutgers guys schiano signed are probably going to make the team. love it <3

Caddy
08-27-2012, 08:38 PM
Sad to see Danario go, but after 5 knee surgeries before he even getting to the NFL, you kind of saw this day coming. Still, sad day.

http://www.lolwut.com/layout/lolwut.jpg

Caddy
08-27-2012, 08:39 PM
i love how all these rutgers guys schiano signed are probably going to make the team. love it <3

The only ones that will make the team, were already on the team... Excluding the FA Gibson who was already proven as an NFL guy before Schiano came to Tampa.

scottyboy
08-27-2012, 08:57 PM
The only ones that will make the team, were already on the team... Excluding the FA Gibson who was already proven as an NFL guy before Schiano came to Tampa.

TIQUAN IS GONNA MAKE IT JUST YOU WATCH

I hope

brat316
08-27-2012, 08:57 PM
most of these guys cut, are part of the AFL, CFL leagues.

Practice squad and surprise cuts come when they trim down to 53

Caddy
08-27-2012, 09:00 PM
TIQUAN IS GONNA MAKE IT JUST YOU WATCH

I hope

He has looked pretty good so he could definitely hang around as the 5/6. Williams, Jackson, Underwood, Benn, Stroughter, Shipley/Parker/Nobody.

BeerBaron
08-28-2012, 08:11 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/28/redskins-boot-another-kicker-to-make-room-for-billy-cundiff/

Well, the Redskins are the first team to pick up a notable cut from another team, signing Billy Cundiff and cutting Graham Gano.

BeerBaron
08-28-2012, 11:20 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/28/darryl-tapp-could-be-the-odd-man-out-among-eagles-des/

Rumor has it that Daryll Tapp will be cut by the Eagles as they have DE depth to spare.

He will definitely have suitors lining up to offer him his next job as you can never have too many pass rushers in this league. He isn't going to make or break a team's pass rush on his own, but he could form a solid part of a DL rotation for a lot of teams.

K Train
08-28-2012, 11:24 AM
my favorite steeler cut so far: Myron Rolle

Matthew Jones
08-28-2012, 11:30 AM
my favorite steeler cut so far: Myron Rolle

Not Tootsee!

G Mobile
08-28-2012, 11:46 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/28/redskins-boot-another-kicker-to-make-room-for-billy-cundiff/

Well, the Redskins are the first team to pick up a notable cut from another team, signing Billy Cundiff and cutting Graham Gano.

Sucks for Gano. He wins the kicking competition and then gets booted for Cundiff.

WCH
08-28-2012, 11:50 AM
Cundiff has now signed contracts with ten different NFL teams -- about a third of the league. That must be getting close to a record, right?

FlyingElvis
08-28-2012, 11:52 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/28/darryl-tapp-could-be-the-odd-man-out-among-eagles-des/

Rumor has it that Daryll Tapp will be cut by the Eagles as they have DE depth to spare.

He will definitely have suitors lining up to offer him his next job as you can never have too many pass rushers in this league. He isn't going to make or break a team's pass rush on his own, but he could form a solid part of a DL rotation for a lot of teams.

Didn't read the article cuz I don't feel like dealing w/ESPN shoving video down my throat, but I'll assume it mentions stellar play by Phillip Hunt as the big reason for that cut.

diabsoule
08-28-2012, 12:30 PM

If Tapp is indeed cut I could see the Saints having a legitimate interest in bringing him in since NOLA's DL is quite thin and Spags loves using multiple DE's.

JRTPlaya21
08-28-2012, 12:58 PM
Adios Chris Cooley.

fear the elf
08-28-2012, 01:19 PM

I'm pretty sure it was Tapp that just made Joe Thomas his ***** in our last preseason game. For that alone he should make the team.

BeerBaron
08-28-2012, 01:51 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/28/falcons-ditch-chris-redman-sign-luke-mccown/

The Falcons have dumped Chris Redman for Luke McCown, who Dirk Koetter knows from their time in Jacksonville together (and who conveniently comes from the rival Saints.)

Bert Macklin
08-28-2012, 01:52 PM
Adios Chris Cooley.

More time for FF and dick pics.

themaninblack
08-28-2012, 02:07 PM
Wouldn't mind seeing the Bengals give Tapp a looksee if he is indeed cut.

XxXdragonXxX
08-29-2012, 09:01 AM

Ah, I remember when the Seahawks traded Tapp for Clemons and a 5th round pick. Everyone assumed Clemons was camp fodder and that the Eagles won that trade. I told everyone that Tapp wasn't that good and a 5th round pick was decent compensation for him. Turns out Clemons wasn't exactly camp fodder.

Oh and i wouldn't mind seeing Tapp back in a Seahawks uniform.

BeerBaron
08-29-2012, 01:50 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/29/bears-cut-rashied-davis/

Bears cut Rashied Davis. Good riddance. He may be a good special teamer, but a receiver should actually be able to play receiver competently. Plus we have over 9000 other guys capable of being solid special teamers.

K Train
08-29-2012, 02:10 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/29/bears-cut-rashied-davis/

Bears cut Rashied Davis. Good riddance. He may be a good special teamer, but a receiver should actually be able to play receiver competently. Plus we have over 9000 other guys capable of being solid special teamers.

couple years ago i used him as my CB in an IDP fantasy league and got some WR points from him...win

BeerBaron
08-29-2012, 02:18 PM
couple years ago i used him as my CB in an IDP fantasy league and got some WR points from him...win

I did something similar during Marques Colston's rookie year. In the league I was in, he was eligible to play as a TE. That was back when 1000 yards and 8 TDs were incredible TE numbers.

BeerBaron
08-29-2012, 02:23 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/29/eagles-cut-mat-mcbriar-chas-henry-wins-punting-job/

Eagles cut Mat McBriar, Chas Henry remains their punter.

If Adam Podlesh does miss regular season time, I wouldn't mind bringing in McBriar in the interim. Almost certainly better than Matt Turk or whatever other scrubs we've looked at recently.

BeerBaron
08-30-2012, 02:09 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/30/report-david-garrard-unlikely-to-make-dolphins-roster/

David Garrard likely to be cut in Miami. Yeah he's hurt right now but Green Bay should absolutely bring him in unless they've got someone better up their sleeve.

BeerBaron
08-30-2012, 04:49 PM
Cowboys cut 5th round pick Danny Coale amongst others.

Other players reportedly cut by the Cowboys include defensive end Clifton Geathers, defensive tackle Ben Bass, outside linebacker Adrian Hamilton, offensive tackle Pat McQuistan, guard Daniel Loper, center Harland Gunn, offensive tackle Jeff Adams, quarterback Rudy Carpenter, fullback Shaun Chapas and linebacker Orie Lemon.

BeerBaron
08-31-2012, 08:08 AM
The Jets have started their final wave of cuts. No real notable names though:

They have waived safety D’Anton Lynn (the son of running backs coach Anthony Lynn) and quarterback Matt Simms (son of former Giants quarterback Phil Simms).

Also released, per Mehta: Wide receivers Joseph Collins and Eron Riley, tight end Tarren Lloyd, offensive linemen Paul Cornick, Fred Koloto, and Matt Kroul, defensive linemen Jay Richardson, Damon Harrison and Martin Tevaseu, linebackers Ricky Sapp, Marcus Dowtin and Brett Roy (injury settlement) defensive backs Donnie Fletcher, LeQuan Lewis, Julian Posey and Ryan Steed and punter Spencer Lanning.

descendency
08-31-2012, 08:16 AM
lol@Ricky Sapp. I remember when people thought he would/should be a first rounder.

Razor
08-31-2012, 08:18 AM
Ryan Steed had a lot of hype leading up to the draft. I'm surprised he didn't make the roster.

BeerBaron
08-31-2012, 08:41 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/31/giants-part-ways-with-marcus-thomas/

Giants have cut DT Marcus Thomas, recently made famous for an incorrect picture in the new Madden.

I bet the Giants are going to be scanning the waiver wire for any veteran DTs who are released. Their depth there consists of two guys who've never taken an NFL snap behind their starters.

killxswitch
08-31-2012, 08:45 AM
Which teams have good enough OL depth that they'll have to cut some decent players? Probably none, huh?

Giantsfan1080
08-31-2012, 08:47 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/31/giants-part-ways-with-marcus-thomas/

Giants have cut DT Marcus Thomas, recently made famous for an incorrect picture in the new Madden.

I bet the Giants are going to be scanning the waiver wire for any veteran DTs who are released. Their depth there consists of two guys who've never taken an NFL snap behind their starters.

Thomas looked good but he just wasn't here long enough. We're going to stick with what we have there.

BeerBaron
08-31-2012, 08:50 AM
Which teams have good enough OL depth that they'll have to cut some decent players? Probably none, huh?

That's what I'd go with.

Thomas looked good but he just wasn't here long enough. We're going to stick with what we have there.

Unless someone else has been injured that I didn't hear about, I think Rogers will probably be your new IR-rule guy and then you just have to hope Marvin Austin hits the field....your depth is pretty bad.

Hines
08-31-2012, 08:53 AM
Greg Jones has also been cut by the Giants.

Giantsfan1080
08-31-2012, 08:55 AM
That's what I'd go with.

Unless someone else has been injured that I didn't hear about, I think Rogers will probably be your new IR-rule guy and then you just have to hope Marvin Austin hits the field....your depth is pretty bad.

It's going to be Terrell Thomas. Also, we swing Tuck and JPP in at DT a lot of snaps also. Once Canty gets off PUP we're more than fine.

BeerBaron
08-31-2012, 09:05 AM
It's going to be Terrell Thomas. Also, we swing Tuck and JPP in at DT a lot of snaps also. Once Canty gets off PUP we're more than fine.

That will be six weeks in and do you really want to wear out Tuck and JPP by playing them inside more than is necessary?

You know your team better than I, but if I were a betting man, I'd bet you that they sign at least 1 DT before Wednesday night.

Giantsfan1080
08-31-2012, 09:09 AM
That will be six weeks in and do you really want to wear out Tuck and JPP by playing them inside more than is necessary?

You know your team better than I, but if I were a betting man, I'd bet you that they sign at least 1 DT before Wednesday night.

It's also possible we cut M. Thomas now but are going to re-sign him once we place T. Thomas on special IR. We know he won't be signed by anyone else so could be a strategic cut.

MaxV
08-31-2012, 09:10 AM

There are always talented players that teams take a chance of sneaking to their PS.

I hope Colts find someone like that.

BeerBaron
08-31-2012, 09:14 AM
It's also possible we cut M. Thomas now but are going to re-sign him once we place T. Thomas on special IR. We know he won't be signed by anyone else so could be a strategic cut.

Also possible. I just find it unlikely that you got into the regular season with 2 healthy starting DTs, two inexperienced backups, and two DEs who sometimes play there. Most rotations have a 3rd capable player at DT.

SolidGold
08-31-2012, 09:21 AM
Clyde Gates and BJ Cunningham who was a good WR at MSU were cut by the Dolpnins

Grizzlegom
08-31-2012, 09:25 AM
Dolphins cuts so far include Clyde Gates, Jamaal Westerman, BJ Cunningham, and Ryan Baker per Miami Herald (on twitter).

Gates just never seemed to improve his raw talent and was horrible as a KR. Cunningham's small hands led to tons of drops and he just looked horribly pedestrian in practices. Westerman was a moderately surprising cut just because he was a good STer but it sounds like Derrick Shelby took his spot as an UDFA. Baker is a solid option for a team looking for a 3-4 depth player, can play all three spots, just didn't fit the 4-3 transition.

Add Gates and Cunningham to Ireland's long list of draft fails, really sucks that if Tannehill works out, his long list of failures will be forgiven and he's still gonna be in charge of using all these picks we're amassing going forward.

BeerBaron
08-31-2012, 09:26 AM
I think some team with more established receivers will absolutely sign Gates as a high-potential developmental backup.

Is he still practice squad eligible?

WCH
08-31-2012, 09:30 AM
The Packers released three players with injury settlements:

Shaky Smithson
Ray Dominguez
DeMarco Cosby

Shaky Smithson has an interesting off-field story. As a 22 year old college student at Utah, he became the legal guardian of his 15 year old brother.

Giantsfan1080
08-31-2012, 09:32 AM
Westerman no!!!

David Douglas cut by the Giants. 100% positive he'll be claimed by another team possibly the Jets or Cowboys.

Grizzlegom
08-31-2012, 09:33 AM
I think some team with more established receivers will absolutely sign Gates as a high-potential developmental backup.

Is he still practice squad eligible?

Nope, played in 15 games last year.

Add Roberto Wallace and Gary Guyton to the cuts.

Hines
08-31-2012, 09:48 AM
Danny Ware got cut. I can see a team claiming him as well.

Giantsfan1080
08-31-2012, 09:52 AM
Our roster is too deep at some places.

BeerBaron
08-31-2012, 09:55 AM
More Giants cuts:

Mike Garafolo of the Newark Star-Ledger reports that linebacker Greg Jones has been waived. The sixth-round pick in the 2011 draft appeared in every game last year, starting five.

Running back Danny Ware also has been released; he announced the move on his Twitter page.

Also gone (per Garafolo) are receiver Dan DePalma (who at 5’11″ towers over his uncle Louie), receiver David Douglas, sixth-round rookie Matt McCants, receiver Isaiah Stanback. Ralph Vacchiano of the New York Daily News reports that linebacker Jake Muasau, defensive end Matt Broha, tight end Larry Donnell, and defensive end Craig Marshall. Safety Tyler Sash has been placed on the reserve/suspended list.

BeerBaron
08-31-2012, 09:56 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/31/amobi-okoye-out-in-tampa-headed-back-to-chicago/

Bucs cut Amobi Okoye who is going to sign with Chicago.

georgiafan
08-31-2012, 09:59 AM
What was behind Danny Ware being cut? He seemed to have a role as a 3rd down back

OSUGiants17
08-31-2012, 10:02 AM
What was behind Danny Ware being cut? He seemed to have a role as a 3rd down back

David Wilson is our new 3rd down back, and Brown and Scott impressed Coughlin. I just hope our new RBs learn to block and we can still get 2pt conversions.

BeerBaron
08-31-2012, 10:31 AM
Ravens:

Placed sixth-round rookie WR Tommy Streeter on injured reserve. Safety Omar Brown, nose guard Ishmaa’ily Kitche, and guard/tackle Jack Cornell have been released, according to Scout.com.

Bears:

Will release linebacker Xavier Adibi, cornerback Greg McCoy, and cornerback Cornelius Brown, according to the Chicago Tribune. Receiver Brittan Golden says via Twitter he’ll be waived.

Bucs:

Released running back Mossis Madu, defensive tackle Frank Okam, safety Larry Asante, safety Cody Grimm and defensive back Keith Tandy, per Pewter Report. They’ve also released defensive tackle Amobi Okoye, who is headed back to Chicago, per the Chicago Sun-Times.

Couple of notable recent draft picks for the Bucs.

BloodBrother
08-31-2012, 10:35 AM
Packer cuts(continuously being updated)

S Anthony Levine
C Samson Genus
C/G Tommie Draheim
OT Andrew Datko
WR Tori Gurley
WR Diondre Borel
WR Dale Moss
FB Nic Cooper
TE Brandon Bostick
G/T Reggie Wells
G Greg Van Roten
OT Shea Allard
DE Lawrence Guy
WR Curenski Gilleylen
CB/KR Otis Merrill
RB Marc Tyler

Rosebud
08-31-2012, 10:36 AM

Da'Rell Scott and Andre Brown looking more impressive and Bradshaw already giving us the very good but slow RB.

Hines
08-31-2012, 10:42 AM
I see Levine, Gurley, and Borel being claimed from the Packers.

ImBrotherCain
08-31-2012, 10:50 AM
Bears:

Will release linebacker Xavier Adibi, cornerback Greg McCoy, and cornerback Cornelius Brown, according to the Chicago Tribune. Receiver Brittan Golden says via Twitter he’ll be waived.

I hate that Adibi cant find a job. I loved the kid in college. I thought he had a real bright future in the league.

Hines
08-31-2012, 11:08 AM
Joselio Hanson got cut. Lions could be calling him soon.

BeerBaron
08-31-2012, 11:14 AM
The Bears have cut Josh McCown.

More detail son their other cuts:

The Bears also have waived linebacker Jabara Williams, wide receiver Brittan Golden, safety Mark LeGree, and cornerbacks Cornelius Brown and Greg McCoy, per Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune. They hope to re-sign Williams to the practice squad. Mike C. Wright of ESPN Chicago reports rookie cornerback Isaiah Frey has been waived and should join Williams as an in-season practice body.

McClure reports running back Armando Allen has also been waived.

Adam Caplan previously reported that fullback Tyler Clutts will likely be waived by the Bears.

BeerBaron
08-31-2012, 11:25 AM
7th round pick Andrew Datko is one of the Packers cuts.

Hines
08-31-2012, 11:26 AM
Tim Hightower got cut by the Redskins.

TACKLE
08-31-2012, 11:30 AM
Clyde Gates and BJ Cunningham who was a good WR at MSU were cut by the Dolpnins

Probably my biggest miss in recent years. He had a crap situation as far as the passing game there but that's not to say he didn't have an opportunity. I thought he could be Mike Wallace-esque. Taught me not to fall in love with a small school/non-FBS guy off a video without getting to see them perform ever against any legit competition (Gates had an injury that held him out of Sr. Bowl).

I liked BJ Cunningham quite a bit as a late round WR though it doesn't surprise me that he wasn't a fit in Philbin's offense.

Giantsfan1080
08-31-2012, 11:32 AM
Danny Coale is getting cut by the Cowboys I read.

ArkyRamsFan
08-31-2012, 11:43 AM
Hope the Rams pick up Jabara Williams. He was cut last year by a desperate Billy Devaney and Spags in order to keep a slug named Ben Leber. That should NEVER have happened.

The Rams could use a young athletic OLB and Williams was actually impressive in last years TC. I'm a little surprised that Lovie is letting him go as I figured he would be an excellent fit in the cover two defense.

Docta
08-31-2012, 11:53 AM
Bears cut their 6th and 7th round picks from this year. Ugh. Such a waste.

Surprised Armando Allen got cut after the game he had last night.

redbills
08-31-2012, 11:53 AM
Greg Jones has also been cut by the Giants.

A lot of people thought he was a steal in round 6.
Gmen fans thoughts on him? Bills need LBs bad.

BeerBaron
08-31-2012, 11:54 AM
Bears cut their 6th and 7th round picks from this year. Ugh. Such a waste.

Surprised Armando Allen got cut after the game he had last night.

Both picks will probably be back as practice squaders.

BeerBaron
08-31-2012, 11:59 AM
Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun reports that the Ravens have waived running back Anthony Allen, linebacker Nigel Carr, defensive lineman Terrence Moore, offensive lineman Cord Howard, wide receiver Dorian Graham, defensive lineman Nick Jean-Baptiste, and linebacker Chavis Williams.

Per Wilson, the Ravens will also be making forthcoming roster moves involving tight end Matt Balasavage, linebacker Josh Bynes, linebacker Ricky Brown, guard/center Justin Boren, tackle Jah Reid, and tight end Bruce Figgins.

I thought they really liked Reid. What happened?

Also, Texans cut Case Keenum and others:

Cody Wallace and wide receiver Jerrell Jackson will also get their walking papers. PFT has also learned that the team will be parting ways with veteran fullback Moran Norris.

Hines
08-31-2012, 12:07 PM
Texans trade Sherrick McMannis to the Bears for Tyler Clutts.

NY+Giants=NYG
08-31-2012, 12:07 PM
A lot of people thought he was a steal in round 6.
Gmen fans thoughts on him? Bills need LBs bad.

He made the team last year. Four rookie lbs did. He also started the first game of the season. However it became a numbers game. Basically the trade for rivers during the off season made him lose his spot. Blackburn makes it too. So only a certain number of lbs we keep. The future seems to be mark herzlich not Jones.

Hines
08-31-2012, 12:13 PM
Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl
Shocker: I'm told the Pats cut QB Brian Hoyer.

Woah that is surprising.

SuperPacker
08-31-2012, 12:15 PM
Gurley and Borel will definitely get a proper chance somewhere. There were offers for both of them last year when they were on the PS. Surprised at least one didn't get kept this time around.

T-RICH49
08-31-2012, 12:15 PM
so should I send Hoyer his plane ticket to KC now or...?

Hines
08-31-2012, 12:18 PM
Hoyer has to go on waivers, so a team earlier than them can easily grab him.

BeerBaron
08-31-2012, 12:20 PM
Arizona potentially comes to mind with that.

Razor
08-31-2012, 12:21 PM
Woah that is surprising.

Not really. It's been out there for a few days now since it became clear that Mallett had surpassed him on the depth chart. He'll be a good backup somewhere I'm sure.

BloodBrother
08-31-2012, 12:21 PM
Gurley and Borel will definitely get a proper chance somewhere. There were offers for both of them last year when they were on the PS. Surprised at least one didn't get kept this time around.

Bodes well for Jarrett Boykin. He had a better camp and preseason than either Borel/Gurley

T-RICH49
08-31-2012, 12:22 PM
Hoyer has to go on waivers, so a team earlier than them can easily grab him.

does'nt mean I can't dream.ANYONE is better then Brady Quinn

SolidGold
08-31-2012, 12:22 PM
Surprised the Ravens cut Boren - from what i read he was having a really good camp.

Hines
08-31-2012, 12:25 PM
Surprised the Ravens cut Boren - from what i read he was having a really good camp.

I guess he's injured.

If Hoyer is available for the Cards spot in waivers, I think there is a good chance they claim him.

Giantsfan1080
08-31-2012, 12:27 PM
Skins are working on a trade with the Dolphins. Slaton for Armstrong.

SolidGold
08-31-2012, 12:27 PM
Green Bay may be another landing spot for Hoyer - they can use an upgrade from Harrell and Hoyer is about on par with Flynn IMO.

Hurricanes25
08-31-2012, 12:28 PM
The Jets have started their final wave of cuts. No real notable names though:
No notable names but defensive linemen Jay Richardson, Damon Harrison, and Martin Tevaseu are all good enough to be on NFL rosters. All had nice camps and preseason games. Hope they stick somewhere.

Ryan Steed had a lot of hype leading up to the draft. I'm surprised he didn't make the roster.
I was so happy when the Jets signed him. He was my favorite UDFA signing but he has done nothing all summer.

Matthew Jones
08-31-2012, 12:32 PM
New England has released WR Deion Branch, C Dan Koppen, and S James Ihedigbo.

killxswitch
08-31-2012, 12:34 PM
Can Koppen play guard?

BeerBaron
08-31-2012, 12:35 PM
Green Bay may be another landing spot for Hoyer - they can use an upgrade from Harrell and Hoyer is about on par with Flynn IMO.

Yeah, but they'd have a far, far, far lower waiver claim spot than a lot of other teams who will likely put in bids.

AntoinCD
08-31-2012, 12:36 PM
Can Koppen play guard?

Koppen can't even play OC anymore. In all honesty he isn't a guy you want anymore. Skills have diminished quite drastically in the last 3 years

Thecollegedropout
08-31-2012, 12:38 PM
Lone really shocking Jets one was Jay Richardson and it probably was because we are so deep at DLine that he was the guy who had no spot on the team. MTV(Tovasu) was also a very nice NT and should find a spot somewhere but he too was a victim of the numbers game.

Someone will pick Jay Richardson up because he was great this preseason for us. Granted he feasted on 2nd/3rd stringers but between he, Coples, Ellis and Mo Wilk....all of them really shined on that D-Line. Very encouraging.

FlyingElvis
08-31-2012, 12:39 PM
Hoyer gets the ax, eh? Color me sad, even though it means Mallett is looking improved.

killxswitch
08-31-2012, 12:49 PM
I hope the Colts look at Jay Richardson and Martin Tovasu. Our run defense needs help.

BeerBaron
08-31-2012, 12:57 PM
Add Tori Gurley to the list of receivers that the Packers have cut.

Hines
08-31-2012, 12:58 PM
Vernon Gholston cut. Dominique Franks cut.

Grizzlegom
08-31-2012, 12:59 PM
Tori Gurley and Marvin McNutt immediately jump out to me as guys who were cut today that the Dolphins could look to claim.

BeerBaron
08-31-2012, 01:01 PM
Tori Gurley and Marvin McNutt immediately jump out to me as guys who were cut today that the Dolphins could look to claim.

Take a lesson from the Bears: No matter how many #3/#4 type of receivers you throw together, they never add up to a #1.

AntoinCD
08-31-2012, 01:02 PM
Vernon Gholston cut. Dominique Franks cut.

The Pats love these reclamation projects. Gholston is due to break out any day now. They also need a 3rd QB now that Hoyer is gone. I wonder if Jamarcus Russell is still looking work?

:spam:

FlyingElvis
08-31-2012, 01:04 PM
Philly has so much depth at WR. Anyone from that squad would probably improve Miami's WR core. I love Bess but not when he's the best option in the receiving core.

I really want to see Hoyer get a shot at starting. Arizona, Oakland, hell . . . I'm pretty sure he's better than Sanchez or Tebow so even NYJ, as much as I'd hate to see him on the Jets.

Todd Bertuzzi

McNutt had one catch all preseason and was extremely disappointing.

Grizzlegom
Take a lesson from the Bears: No matter how many #3/#4 type of receivers you throw together, they never add up to a #1.

Well...not gonna get a number 1 off waivers and we traded our true number 1 to the Bears :-P

Todd Bertuzzi
08-31-2012, 01:05 PM
Full list of Eagles cuts:

Atogwe
Washington
Hall
Gilyard
Ford
Brackett
Clayton
Hanson
Thomas
Cohen
Igwenagu
DJ Jones
McNutt
Moten
Ogbu
Rau
Taylor
Trotter
Vallos

Only 3 more to go which are believed to be McBriar, Kafka/Edwards and Polk/Bryce Brown.

Grizzlegom
08-31-2012, 01:05 PM
McNutt had one catch all preseason and was extremely disappointing.

Ken O'Keefe is our WRs coach and was his OC in college, hence why I think he could be an obvious option for us.

Todd Bertuzzi
08-31-2012, 01:07 PM
Ken O'Keefe is our WRs coach and was his OC in college, hence why I think he could be an obvious option for us.

Ya, Philbin has the Iowa ties too, just saying I don't see him as more than a PS guy at this point.

niel89
08-31-2012, 01:07 PM
Per Wilson, the Ravens will also be making forthcoming roster moves involving tight end Matt Balasavage, linebacker Josh Bynes, linebacker Ricky Brown, guard/center Justin Boren, tackle Jah Reid, and tight end Bruce Figgins.
I'm thinking the Ravens might put Boren & Reid on IR to kinda just hold on to them for another year.

Streeter was a pretty sure cut and it was doubtful that he was going to make it to the practice squad without other teams giving him a look so to IR he goes with a sudden foot injury. How against the rules is it to do that and just stash young players on IR?

BeerBaron
08-31-2012, 01:08 PM
I'm thinking the Ravens might put Boren & Reid on IR to kinda just hold on to them for another year.

Streeter was a pretty sure cut and it was doubtful that he was going to make it to the practice squad without other teams giving him a look so to IR he goes with a sudden foot injury. How against the rules is it to do that and just stash young players on IR?

It's frowned upon but never enforced. Didn't know Reid was injured...I just remembered guys on here being high on him, so I was wondering why they cut him.

Thecollegedropout
08-31-2012, 01:12 PM
Philly has so much depth at WR. Anyone from that squad would probably improve Miami's WR core. I love Bess but not when he's the best option in the receiving core.

I really want to see Hoyer get a shot at starting. Arizona, Oakland, hell . . . I'm pretty sure he's better than Sanchez or Tebow so even NYJ, as much as I'd hate to see him on the Jets.
He's not better than Sanchez, cmon.

LOL at Gholston being cut again.....he must still think its because of Rex Ryan that he didn't live up to expectations.

descendency
08-31-2012, 01:13 PM
Brian Hoyer was just released.

I bet the Jets and Cardinals are on the phone begging for him to come talk to them.

Thecollegedropout
08-31-2012, 01:16 PM
Brian Hoyer was just released.

I bet the Jets and Cardinals are on the phone begging for him to come talk to them.
We got McElroyMVP as our fringe/smart headset QB already.

Tampa Bay should put a claim for Hoyer IMHO.

SolidGold
08-31-2012, 01:17 PM
Seneca Wallace - Holmgren's decade long pet project was released by the Browns

BeerBaron
08-31-2012, 01:18 PM
Seneca Wallace - Holmgren's decade long pet project was released by the Browns

They kept Colt over him.....interesting. Either he or Hoyer would end up as solid backup options for a team in need.

BeerBaron
08-31-2012, 01:19 PM
The Browns also cut Dan Gronkowski.

niel89
08-31-2012, 01:19 PM
It's frowned upon but never enforced. Didn't know Reid was injured...I just remembered guys on here being high on him, so I was wondering why they cut him.

Reid is still a good player but Osemele is just a better G/RT. Reid is looking at a backup role at best right now. He hasn't been healthy all camp.

SolidGold
08-31-2012, 01:21 PM
I think McCoy and Wallace are pretty much the same type of QB and it seemed that Colt was saying the right things about wanting to stay in Cleveland. The age difference might of had something to do with it since they will have a 29 year old rookie starting for them.

edit: looks like McCoy was slated to make less money than Wallace

niel89
08-31-2012, 01:21 PM
Not top end guys buy Wallace and Hoyer are real solid backup options. Shouldn't take long for them to find work. Packers could really use on of them.

Mufasa
08-31-2012, 01:24 PM
I've always liked Seneca Wallace. Better than most backups around the league

SolidGold
08-31-2012, 01:24 PM
Not top end guys buy Wallace and Hoyer are real solid backup options. Shouldn't take long for them to find work. Packers could really use on of them.

Definitely, can't wait to see where they end up

BeerBaron
08-31-2012, 01:25 PM
Definitely, can't wait to see where they end up

By all accounts, David Garrard will join them soon on the market. He's been injured though, so he'll be a less than ideal choice of the three.

SolidGold
08-31-2012, 01:34 PM
Browns cut Evan Moore - he was solid when he was healthy but that wasn't often

Go_Eagles77
08-31-2012, 01:37 PM

I would much rather have Mardy Gilyard on my team than McNutt. McNutt was probably our 10th or so best WR this preseason, and that's not an exaggeration. On the other hand, many fans were hoping Gilyard would make it over Riley Cooper.

Grizzlegom
08-31-2012, 01:40 PM
Apparently all four Miami QBs are making the team for now barring them finding someone willing/wanting to trade for Garrard or Moore...

BeerBaron
08-31-2012, 01:41 PM
Jags cuts:

the Jaguars have waived two players — tight end Colin Cloherty and quarterback Jordan Palmer — and has also tracked down several more roster moves via Jaguars players’ Twitter accounts.

In addition to Palmer and Cloherty, the Jags have cut running back Richard Murphy, offensive tackles Will Robinson and Lee Barbiasz, defensive back Rod Issac, linebacker J.K. Schaffer, cornerback Trumaine McBride, and defensive end Odrick Ray.

Palmer’s release leaves Chad Henne as the only backup to quarterback Blaine Gabbert. The Jaguars may monitor the waiver wire over the next several hours in order to unearth a viable third-string signal caller.

No real shockers there.

BeerBaron
08-31-2012, 01:41 PM
Apparently all four Miami QBs are making the team for now barring them finding someone willing/wanting to trade for Garrard or Moore...

That's what they're saying about the Eagles right now too, but if a player one of those teams really wants hits the market, one of the QBs will be the first go to make room.

niel89
08-31-2012, 01:47 PM
Browns cut Evan Moore - he was solid when he was healthy but that wasn't often

**** Evan Moore. I still hate that guy.

BloodBrother
08-31-2012, 01:50 PM
Updated list of Packers cuts

KR Shaky Smithson, G Ray Dominguez, TE DeMarco Cosby all were waived from IR with injury settlements

S Anthony Levine
C Samson Genus
C/G Tommie Draheim
OT Andrew Datko
WR Tori Gurley
WR Diondre Borel
WR Dale Moss
FB Nic Cooper
TE Brandon Bostick
G/T Reggie Wells
G Greg Van Roten
OT Shea Allard
DE Lawrence Guy
WR Curenski Gilleylen
CB/KR Otis Merrill
RB Marc Tyler
DT Daniel Muir

Grizzlegom
08-31-2012, 01:52 PM
nevermind.

MassNole
08-31-2012, 01:52 PM
7th round pick Andrew Datko is one of the Packers cuts.

His shoulders will never make it through an NFL season.

Go_Eagles77
08-31-2012, 01:57 PM
That's what they're saying about the Eagles right now too, but if a player one of those teams really wants hits the market, one of the QBs will be the first go to make room.

All 3 of our backups could probably be #2s on another team, but at his point I'd rank them like this:

1. Foles - Impressive rookie that seems like the total package, right now is projected to be the future of the eagles so he's a lock to make the team.

2. Edwards - Veteran who started a lot of games in the league that seems to be hitting his prime. Should never be a starter in the league again, but is a good choice for a team with uncertainty or inexperience at the backup position, and is best suited for a West Coast offense.

3. Kafka - Inexperienced and unspectacular skill set, but solid. Should only be an option at #2 if a team is absolutely desperate there. Probably best suited for a team with a very durable starter because I'd be nervous about him having to start multiple games in a regular season, though he's decent at managing/closing games.

BeerBaron
08-31-2012, 02:10 PM
All 3 of our backups could probably be #2s on another team, but at his point I'd rank them like this:

1. Foles - Impressive rookie that seems like the total package, right now is projected to be the future of the eagles so he's a lock to make the team.

2. Edwards - Veteran who started a lot of games in the league that seems to be hitting his prime. Should never be a starter in the league again, but is a good choice for a team with uncertainty or inexperience at the backup position, and is best suited for a West Coast offense.

3. Kafka - Inexperienced and unspectacular skill set, but solid. Should only be an option at #2 if a team is absolutely desperate there. Probably best suited for a team with a very durable starter because I'd be nervous about him having to start multiple games in a regular season, though he's decent at managing/closing games.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/31/eagles-trying-to-trade-mike-kafka/

Apparently they are trying to trade Kafka. Teams should really know by now to never, ever trade for an Eagles QB again but we'll see...

Also, Redskins cuts:

Cornerbacks David Jones, Brandyn Thompson, and Travon Bellamy, defensive linemen Doug Worthington, Marlon Favorite, and Delvon Johnson, linebackers Donnell Holt, Bryan Kehl, and Brian McNally, wide receiver Terrence Austin, offensive linemen Erik Cook, Willie Smith, Tom Compton, and Grant Garner, running back Tristan Davis, and quarterback Jonathan Crompton.

The Redskins have five more cuts to make before tonight’s 9 p.m. eastern time roster cuts deadline.

Hines
08-31-2012, 02:39 PM
Alphonso Smith got waived. If you can't make a team that needs CBs, then you can't play in this league. One of my man crushes that year.

Go_Eagles77
08-31-2012, 02:39 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/31/eagles-trying-to-trade-mike-kafka/

Apparently they are trying to trade Kafka. Teams should really know by now to never, ever trade for an Eagles QB again but we'll see...

Also, Redskins cuts:

If anything, it'll probably be for a 6th or 7th round pick to a team that doesn't want to risk him signing with someone else, so it obviously won't be a Kolb-like catastrophe.

georgiafan
08-31-2012, 02:44 PM
Rams cut FB Ovie Mughelli, I wonder if he goes back to the falcons now?

Grizzlegom
08-31-2012, 02:45 PM
Alphonso Smith got waived. If you can't make a team that needs CBs, then you can't play in this league. One of my man crushes that year.

Him and Darius Butler are two guys that got waived today that I know Ireland/Miami were high on during that draft. Miami to be looking at CBs as much as WRs on waiver wire considering we currently have more QBs (4) on the roster than CBs (3).

AntoinCD
08-31-2012, 02:48 PM
Him and Darius Butler are two guys that got waived today that I know Ireland/Miami were high on during that draft. Miami to be looking at CBs as much as WRs on waiver wire considering we currently have more QBs (4) on the roster than CBs (3).

Right now it's looking like Miami has more picks in next year's draft than players

BeerBaron
08-31-2012, 02:49 PM

They might have been high on those guys back then, but the reason they're on the market now is because they're terrible.

Right now it's looking like Miami has more picks in next year's draft than players

They want to just fold up the tent and try again next year with a host of draft picks.

Grizzlegom
08-31-2012, 02:56 PM
They might have been high on those guys back then, but the reason they're on the market now is because they're terrible.

Oh I know, I'm just trying to figure out some of the more "obvious" players Miami might place waiver claims on. Can't go into a game with only 3 corners so they will definitely be claiming/signing at least one more, probably 2.

BeerBaron
08-31-2012, 02:57 PM
49ers cut Rock Cartwright. No word yet on Anthony Dixon, but with Cartwright gone, he's most likely going to make it.

Hines
08-31-2012, 03:00 PM
John Skelton was named the starter for Week 1.

killxswitch
08-31-2012, 03:03 PM
Am I reading this right??? Amini Silatolu was cut by the Panthers???

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000056652/article/nfl-roster-cuts-tim-hightower-among-notable-releases?module=HP11_content_stream

Hines
08-31-2012, 03:03 PM
Tough loss for the Redskins, safety Tanard Jackson has been informed he's been suspended indefinitely with a review in a year for violation of NFL Drug Policy. He's still trying to appeal

Jay Glazer tweeted that. TJ just doesn't get it....

Ness
08-31-2012, 03:05 PM
Wow Tanard Jackson. Wow.

Bengals78
08-31-2012, 03:05 PM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000056652/article/nfl-roster-cuts-tim-hightower-among-notable-releases?module=HP11_content_stream

Teams should be lining up.

killxswitch
08-31-2012, 03:06 PM
Teams should be lining up.

Uh yeah. If it's true, holy ****. Welcome to Indianapolis, Mr. Silatolu.

tjsunstein

Fantastic use of a second rounder. Bring him in to GB along with Hoyer.

coordinator0
I thought they really liked Reid. What happened?

Also, Texans cut Case Keenum and others:

Reid was hurt most of training camp. I would be very surprised if they did anything with him other than maybe putting him on IR.

Bengals78
08-31-2012, 03:07 PM
Uh yeah. If it's true, holy ****. Welcome to Indianapolis, Mr. Silatolu.

Welcome to Cincinnati is more like it.

Hines
08-31-2012, 03:07 PM
Fantastic use of a second rounder.

This would be the second second rounder in the last three years to be a bust in Carolina.

killxswitch
08-31-2012, 03:09 PM
Welcome to Cincinnati is more like it.

You guys don't have 1st dibs on cuts, sucker!

tjsunstein
08-31-2012, 03:09 PM
This would be the second second rounder in the last three years to be a bust in Carolina.

They should start trading them and move up in the first if they continually miss out. Its a really bad sign that their 2nd rounder cant make it out of the preseason.

YotoJets007
08-31-2012, 03:11 PM
Amini Silatolu is not cut.

killxswitch
08-31-2012, 03:13 PM
Yeah I can't find it anywhere except that one link. It must be a mistake.

tjsunstein
08-31-2012, 03:13 PM
Amini Silatolu is not cut.

Nfl.com has it, PFT doesn't.

killxswitch
08-31-2012, 03:14 PM
Nfl.com has it, PFT doesn't.

He tweeted the following:

Amini Silatolu ‏@AminiSilatolu Goodluck to my boys that got released today... the journey ain't over... keep grinding.

Miaoww
08-31-2012, 03:14 PM

You are reading that correctly. Unfortunately the guy that released the story is not.

He should be fired.

The coaching staff love Silatolu.