27. Bennie Logan
28. Dallas Thomas
29. Kawann Short
30. Johnthan Banks
31. Luke Joeckyl
32. Robert Woods

RaiderNation
08-30-2012, 11:35 AM
Woods isn't like the freak athletes we've seen recently be drafted in the top 10(Green, Jones, Blackmon), but his route running and hands should be enough for him to still be ranked in my top 15.

TACKLE
08-30-2012, 11:42 AM
Woods isn't like the freak athletes we've seen recently be drafted in the top 10(Green, Jones, Blackmon), but his route running and hands should be enough for him to still be ranked in my top 15.

???10101010

Shane P. Hallam
08-30-2012, 01:18 PM
Is it good or bad I agree with McShay? Color me not as enamored with Woods as everyone else. Heck, I'm not sure if he is even the best WR on his team.

descendency
08-30-2012, 01:58 PM
Is it good or bad I agree with McShay? Color me not as enamored with Woods as everyone else. Heck, I'm not sure if he is even the best WR on his team.

Marquis Lee isn't eligible for this class, though.

I just thought quite a few people would find it interesting to see McShay basically has quite a few other WRs above Woods.

Shane P. Hallam
08-30-2012, 02:46 PM
Marquis Lee isn't eligible for this class, though.

I just thought quite a few people would find it interesting to see McShay basically has quite a few other WRs above Woods.

I have Allen and Hunter over him at this point myself, and even without Lee eligible, I still don't think Woods is better than Lee is.

ATLDirtyBirds
08-30-2012, 02:52 PM
I have Allen and Hunter over him at this point myself, and even without Lee eligible, I still don't think Woods is better than Lee is.

I agree with all of this.

Razor
08-30-2012, 02:54 PM
I have Allen and Hunter over him at this point myself [...]

Based on what? Woods is very polished, has good hands, can return the ball and has above average speed. What's not to like? I know his upside may be limited, but you kinda know what you're getting. A consistent 1200 yard receiver who'll show up every week.

D-Unit
08-30-2012, 02:59 PM
Yep, I agree here. ...and usually I'm a USC rah rah guy. Taylor Mayzzzzzzz!!! Reggie BushhhhhhhHHHH! Matt Lionheart FTW!!!

BRAVEHEART
08-30-2012, 03:09 PM
As a Trojan fan, I find that ranking fair. The WR's ahead of him have more upside. With that being said, I still expect Woody to be just as (if not more) successful than any other WR picked ahead of him...and I really like those 3.

soybean
08-30-2012, 03:21 PM
Keenan Allen just isn't physical enough for me. A simple stiff arm could make a huge difference.

Maybe I just haven't seen enough of him.

Put me down as a Marquis Lee fan too. His ability to high point the ball makes him almost Larry Fitzgeraldesque. The funny thing is iirc he wasn't even recruited as a WR. I think he was suppose to be brought in as a corner.

I just wish Marquise and Woods were 4 inches taller.

BRAVEHEART
08-30-2012, 03:29 PM
Keenan Allen just isn't physical enough for me. A simple stiff arm could make a huge difference.

I wish Marquise and Woods were 4 inches taller.

My main concern with him is that he's not a legit red-zone threat despite his athleticism and size.

I have it

1A. Marquess
1B. Justin
2. Keenan
3. Woody

RaiderDiehard
08-30-2012, 03:38 PM
If Crabtree can go top 10, so can this kid. More versatile and talented.

SickwithIt1010
08-30-2012, 03:51 PM

Put me down as a Marquis Lee fan too. His ability to high point the ball makes him almost Larry Fitzgeraldesque. The funny thing is iirc he wasn't even recruited as a WR. I think he was suppose to be brought in as a corner.

I just wish Marquise and Woods were 4 inches taller.

Lee was a top ranked safety coming into USC. Everyone was talking about Farmer and how he was going to do huge things as a freshman. Was very interesting when we heard Lee was making such a splash at camp last year.

Sometimes though I feel people forget how explosive Woods was a freshman. People forget he is a big play threat because how how polished he is and how is such a technician. I think he is going to be a stud in the NFL. Do the couple guys in front of him have a little more potential? Yeah maybe but its not enough for me to say they are worth taking higher.

And people say hes not the best on his team like its a bad thing. I mean cmon, talking about arguably the 2 best receivers in the country.

Shane P. Hallam
08-30-2012, 05:05 PM
Based on what? Woods is very polished, has good hands, can return the ball and has above average speed. What's not to like? I know his upside may be limited, but you kinda know what you're getting. A consistent 1200 yard receiver who'll show up every week.

You can look up my video breaking down the USC Trojans (I posted it on here and youtube awhile back). I don't disagree with a lot of what you said, but just not to the degree of "very" polished, with a ton of mental mistakes that usually lead to a lack of great separation and his physical tools aren't going to wow people either. I'm pretty meh on him, and that doesn't even include the ankle injury he has trouble shaking. Good talent, Top 50 talent, but not a Top 10 knock it out of the park pick.

Bengals78
08-30-2012, 05:10 PM
It strikes me funny that he misspelled Bjoern Werner 32 times.

gator3guy
08-30-2012, 05:36 PM
It strikes me funny that he misspelled Bjoern Werner 32 times.

They didn't even evaluate him. He wasn't in the DLine breakdown.

asdf1223
08-30-2012, 06:03 PM
Desmond Trufant is 22. What?

Witten4HOF
08-30-2012, 08:19 PM
Robert Woods is great because he has a ton of talent around him. He is well rounded in terms of physical gifts but isn't overly special in any category. He will be a top 25 pick due to polish and production but he is what he is and doesn't offer much in terms of huge potential.

descendency
08-30-2012, 09:10 PM
I'm just wondering if the USC system is anything like the NE Patriots system...

If Woods does slip down there, NE really does need a young (talented) WR...

Razor
08-31-2012, 03:28 AM
You can look up my video breaking down the USC Trojans (I posted it on here and youtube awhile back). I don't disagree with a lot of what you said, but just not to the degree of "very" polished, with a ton of mental mistakes that usually lead to a lack of great separation and his physical tools aren't going to wow people either. I'm pretty meh on him, and that doesn't even include the ankle injury he has trouble shaking. Good talent, Top 50 talent, but not a Top 10 knock it out of the park pick.

I guess the differences in our assessment of Woods are kinda small. For the record, I think Marquess Wilson will end up as the best receiver of this crop. Justin Hunter has a ton of potential, but the knee bothers me. Keenan Allen looks legit as well, but he doesn't use his size very well. I like what Woods brings in terms of knowing what you get which probably factors in as well. I'm just very much against projecting ability this early in the process so having Woods at 32 seems pretty dumb to me based on production, ability etc. Not a shot at you fyi, but it's a shot against McShay.

soybean
09-02-2012, 02:36 PM
I think Marquise Lee is really going to push Woods down the board.

TonyGfortheTD
09-02-2012, 06:29 PM
Landry Jones shouldn't be on a top 32 list.

PossibleCabbage
09-02-2012, 06:46 PM
Landry Jones shouldn't be on a top 32 list.

He should certainly be on the list of "Top 32 Oklahoma starting quarterbacks of the last 20 years."

I would even put him on a list of "Top 32 senior quarterbacks for the 2012 college football season."

SF Dolphin Fan
09-02-2012, 07:31 PM
Interesting rankings. I love Justin Hunter as a prospect and perhaps he has the most upside of the receivers, but I'm a little surprised he's ranked #7 and that Keenan Allen is ranked #18. Allen seems safer due to the injury factor for Hunter. I'm not as high on Robert Woods as these two, but that might be partly because I'm just not so sure about USC receivers lately. Still #32 seems low for him. Chance Warmack at #2 also seems really high.

Babylon
09-03-2012, 02:04 PM
Desmond Trufant is 22. What?

Exactly. One can argue the case that Woods shouldnt be in the top 10 but to list some of those others ahead of him shows pretty much the stupidity of it all.

RaiderAg
09-14-2012, 11:05 PM
I personally feel Allen is the best WR in the 2013 Draft. Woods is definitely second in my book. Aaron Dobson out of Marshall is going to be a steal for somebody next April...underrated.