WR DeAndre Hopkins Clemson
CB Dee Milliner Alabama
CB Micah Hyde Iowa
CB Desmond Trufant Washington
S Bacarri Rambo Georgia
S Vaughn Telemaque Miami (FL)

Matthew Jones
08-30-2012, 07:56 PM
Where do you think those players are being slotted currently, and where do you think they would go?

Witten4HOF
08-30-2012, 08:04 PM
Khaseem Greene OLB Rutgers- Former safety who flies around the field and can deliver knock out blows. Lead the Big East in tackles and was 12th in the nation last year. Perfect fit for the weak side of a Tampa Two or any other 4-3 scheme that covets speedy linebackers.

I think at this point scouts have him as a mid third round value, but I would but him at a high 2nd round / low 1st round talent.

shylo3716
08-31-2012, 06:27 PM
Where do you think those players are being slotted currently, and where do you think they would go?

QB Mike Glennon NC State Rank #79 pos #10
QB Tajh Boyd Clemson pos #10 class 2014
RB Andre Ellington Clemson Rank #89 pos #6
RB Kenjon Barner Oregon Rank #211 pos #18
WR Mike Davis Texas pos #17 class 2014
WR Kenny Stills Oklahoma Rank #151 pos #18
WR DeAndre Hopkins Clemson pos #13 class 2014
CB Dee Milliner Alabama Rank #47 pos #5
CB Micah Hyde Iowa Rank #93 pos #9
CB Desmond Trufant Washington Rank #168 pos #20
S Bacarri Rambo Georgia Rank #118 pos #5
S Vaughn Telemaque Miami (FL) Rank #373 pos #19

I added the rankings from cbssports.com

ChiFan24
09-01-2012, 06:08 PM
I don't get Barner's appeal.

holt_bruce81
09-01-2012, 08:13 PM
EJ Gaines. Dude will be a monster.

kwilk103
09-01-2012, 09:05 PM
homer alert:

qb geno smith
wr stedman bailey----rsjr

BrabbitMcRabbit
09-02-2012, 12:15 AM
Yuck. Barner is nothing special at all:

Underrated prospects:

QB Geno Smith, West Virginia
RB Branden Oliver, Buffalo
RB Stepfan Taylor, Stanford
WR Quinton Patton, Louisiana Tech
WR Jalen Saunders, Oklahoma

703SKINS202
09-02-2012, 11:32 AM
homer alert:

qb geno smith
wr stedman bailey----rsjr

I'd project him as a late 2nd early 3rd where he would be a bargain. Will be the best pro from this West Virginia offense.

Matthew Jones
09-02-2012, 11:42 AM
I added the rankings from cbssports.com

Based on that list, I'd say that Glennon and Ellington are overrated, and Barner, Stills, Milliner underrated. Hyde and Rambo seem properly rated.

bucfan12
09-02-2012, 03:35 PM
Aaron Murray QB Georgia. Smart, instinctive QB, who has a quick release, strong arm, and great vision and pocket presence. Will never be brought up in the conversation as a first round pick because he is 6'1. Very accurate and athletic as well. He will be a steal. As I watch him, I keep thinking and seeing the similarities of Drew Brees. Throws a pretty nice deep ball as well.

Babylon
09-04-2012, 01:59 PM
Aaron Murray QB Georgia. Smart, instinctive QB, who has a quick release, strong arm, and great vision and pocket presence. Will never be brought up in the conversation as a first round pick because he is 6'1. Very accurate and athletic as well. He will be a steal. As I watch him, I keep thinking and seeing the similarities of Drew Brees. Throws a pretty nice deep ball as well.

I like Murray. Any QB under 6-2 nowadays get the Drew Brees tag (Russell Wilson) but Aaron should get some attention.

I cant believe i'm saying anything nice about an Oregon Duck but Kiko Alonso should get some serious notice if he can keep his nose clean.

norcalgsr
09-04-2012, 04:29 PM
Yuck. Barner is nothing special at all:

Underrated prospects:

QB Geno Smith, West Virginia
RB Branden Oliver, Buffalo
RB Stepfan Taylor, Stanford
WR Quinton Patton, Louisiana Tech
WR Jalen Saunders, Oklahoma

Saunders isn't eligible to play this year.

ArkyRamsFan
09-04-2012, 04:37 PM

Matt Barkley is only about 6'1" and he has been a consensus first rounder for several years now; so I don't see how this is an issue with Murray.

I do agree with your comments on Murray, though....

bucfan12
09-05-2012, 09:33 AM
I like Murray. Any QB under 6-2 nowadays get the Drew Brees tag (Russell Wilson) but Aaron should get some attention.

I cant believe i'm saying anything nice about an Oregon Duck but Kiko Alonso should get some serious notice if he can keep his nose clean.

I'm not just making the Murray to Brees comparison due to size. I just watch the style of play the instincts and the deep ball accuracy. They look extremely similar ad that's probably the best comparison.

rawdawg
09-05-2012, 09:20 PM
I'm not just making the Murray to Brees comparison due to size. I just watch the style of play the instincts and the deep ball accuracy. They look extremely similar ad that's probably the best comparison.

This is not meant to slight Murray at all, but he reminds me a lot of Rex Grossman coming out in 2003. Very similar size and body type. Similar arm strength. Knowing what I know now about Grossman (I'm a Bears fan FWIW), I'd say Murray is more accurate, but when Grossman was in his JR year in college, he was plenty accurate himself. Rex's career can be summed up by making dumb decisions, but he's actually a very intelligent guy. Murray seems to be more mobile and an all around better athlete. That and some consistent decision making ability, will make him a better pro than Grossman, but that's what I see out of Murray. I think the Brees comparisons are a little lofty. But if a team drafts a guy that meets (or exceeds with more mobility) the expectations that Bears fans reasonably had for Grossman 8 years ago, they are getting a pretty good QB.

shylo3716
09-08-2012, 04:14 PM
DeAndre Hopkins 6 rec 105 yds 3 TDs today vs Ball State

bored of education
09-09-2012, 06:18 PM
Qb - Casey Pachall

jared3
09-09-2012, 08:45 PM
DeAndre Hopkins, Clemson, EJ Gaines, Mizzou

Matthew Jones
09-15-2012, 01:02 AM
Here are my some of the most underrated prospects by position and where I have them ranked currently:

QB Aaron Murray, Georgia* (1)

RB Eddie Lacey, Alabama* (2-3)

WR Cobi Hamilton, Arkansas (2-3)

WR Kenny Stills, Oklahoma* (3)

OL Ricky Wagner, Wisconsin (1)

DE Jackson Jeffcoat, Texas* (1)

LB Sean Porter, Texas A&M (2)

FS Tony Jefferson, Oklahoma (2-3)

jth1331
09-15-2012, 10:03 PM
Here are my some of the most underrated prospects by position and where I have them ranked currently:

QB Aaron Murray, Georgia* (1)

RB Eddie Lacey, Alabama* (2-3)

WR Cobi Hamilton, Arkansas (2-3)

WR Kenny Stills, Oklahoma* (3)

OL Ricky Wagner, Wisconsin (1)

DE Jackson Jeffcoat, Texas* (1)

LB Sean Porter, Texas A&M (2)

FS Tony Jefferson, Oklahoma (2-3)

Are you saying Murray is your #1 QB?

Also, I do think people are sleeping on Stills, especially if he's the freakin 18th ranked WR on cbssports.

Matthew Jones
09-15-2012, 10:05 PM
Are you saying Murray is your #1 QB?

Also, I do think people are sleeping on Stills, especially if he's the freakin 18th ranked WR on cbssports.

I probably should have explained that the numbers in parenthesis are the round in which I have them graded currently.

TACKLE
09-16-2012, 11:11 AM
Demontre Moore.

bored of education
09-16-2012, 11:39 AM
Conner Vernon - WR - Duke - 3 games - 21 receptions - 280 yards - 1 TD

703SKINS202
09-16-2012, 11:45 AM
Stedman Bailey - WR- WVU - 2 games - 22 receptions - 277 yards - 5 TD's

Duffman57
09-16-2012, 09:56 PM
I dont think he's overrated, but i guy who i think could make a big impact as a NFL LT, is Oregon's Kyle Long. He's brothers with Chris Long, and therefore obviously Howie Long's son. Ever since he's got on campus, he's been touted as one of, if not the best athlete on Oregon's team (and with Oregon, thats saying something). He's a former Florida State Baseball player, and when he figured out he didn't have a future there, went to Saddleback college and played Juco football, then transfered to Oregon.

He's a Sr. this year, and is 23, but is appealing for an extra year of eligibility.

He's certainly raw at football, but theres some plays that he makes in that Oregon scheme, reaching outside of guys, that just amaze me. He's so quick out of his stance and his hips and feet are so quick. Once again, he needs a lot of refinement, and is already 23, but he's an incredibly well build 6'7" 315, and is an amazing athlete. I could see him as a guy who teams take a chance on in the late rounds as a developmental OT.

Has anyone watched him at all? Or heard about him?

Babylon
09-16-2012, 10:12 PM
I dont think he's overrated, but i guy who i think could make a big impact as a NFL LT, is Oregon's Kyle Long. He's brothers with Chris Long, and therefore obviously Howie Long's son. Ever since he's got on campus, he's been touted as one of, if not the best athlete on Oregon's team (and with Oregon, thats saying something). He's a former Florida State Baseball player, and when he figured out he didn't have a future there, went to Saddleback college and played Juco football, then transfered to Oregon.

He's a Sr. this year, and is 23, but is appealing for an extra year of eligibility.

He's certainly raw at football, but theres some plays that he makes in that Oregon scheme, reaching outside of guys, that just amaze me. He's so quick out of his stance and his hips and feet are so quick. Once again, he needs a lot of refinement, and is already 23, but he's an incredibly well build 6'7" 315, and is an amazing athlete. I could see him as a guy who teams take a chance on in the late rounds as a developmental OT.

Has anyone watched him at all? Or heard about him?

He was thought of as a better athlete than his brother when he was a senior in H.S. and then for some strange reason thought baseball was the way to go. I personally haven't paid much attention to what he's been doing but he could be a major sleeper come a year from now.

Duffman57
09-16-2012, 10:19 PM
He was thought of as a better athlete than his brother when he was a senior in H.S. and then for some strange reason thought baseball was the way to go. I personally haven't paid much attention to what he's been doing but he could be a major sleeper come a year from now.

Yeah, i'm not sure, but he's back playing OT, and even though he's not starting, he's gotten the most reps for Oregon at LT, and has been a monster, consistently getting crazy angles on guys and walling guys off or driving guys off the ball. There's obviously an occiasional slip up where he'll miss a block or have technique flaws and let a guy buy him, but overall, he's been very good.

Like you said, i cant say enough how freakish of an athlete he is...

Robcards
09-18-2012, 01:03 PM
This is a good thread idea. Here's my list of underrated guys by position:

QB:
Brad Sorensen - Southern Utah
James Vandenberg - Iowa

RB:
Stephan Taylor - Stanford
Christine Michael - Texas A&M
Spencer Ware - LSU
Marcus Coker - Stony Brook

WR:
Cobi Hamilton - Arkansas
Devin Street - Pittsburgh
Keenan Davis - Iowa
Tavarres King - Georgia
Chad Bumphis - Mississippi State

TE:
Dion Sims - Michigan State
Jordan Reed - Florida

DE:
Malliciah Goodman - Clemson
Brad Madison - Missouri
Devin Taylor - South Carolina
James Gayle - Virginia Tech

OLB (3-4 olb, hybrid, etc.):
Demontre Moore - Texas A&M
Cornelius Washington - Georgia
Jeremiah Attouchu - Georgia Tech

DT:
Josh Boyd - Mississippi State

LB:
Max Bullough - Michigan State
DeVonte Holloman - South Carolina
Alonzo Highsmith - Arkansas

CB:
Rod Sweeting - Georgia Tech
Micah Hyde - Iowa

S:
Dexter McCoil - Tulsa
Ray Ray Armstrong - Faulkner College
Jawanza Starling - USC

Basing this off of the prospect rankings on CBSSports, tried to omit guys that are rated low there but high other places, but might have missed some.

Grizzlegom
09-18-2012, 01:56 PM
Are you an Iowa fan?

Robcards
09-18-2012, 01:59 PM
Are you an Iowa fan?

No but the guy who made the board I looked at must have been an Iowa hater. Had Coker, vandenberg, and Davis all projected to not be drafted, hyde like the 20th corner behind a ton of 5'10 guys. Iowa routinely produces guys that get drafted, think they're 2nd only to Bama in getting guys drafted in recent years.

bigbenn
09-18-2012, 02:35 PM
Have to throw Terry Hawthorne in here. Dude is the best CB in the country IMO and he's still barely getting any press. It won't matter when draft time comes around anyway, but just watch out for him. Also watch Glenn Foster the Illini DT and Justin Green the Illini CB, both seniors. Lots of talent for the Illini that people are sleep on (But the NFL isn't).

underscore
09-22-2012, 06:44 AM
Mike Mauti is a well known name but after two knee injuries, his stock has really been pushed down. Through three games, he's played phenomenally, outshining Gerald Hodges.

Mauti could end up a 4th round pick.

descendency
09-22-2012, 11:14 AM
I watched WKU vs Kentucky and I couldn't tell if it was just because it's Kentucky (I didn't see the Bama game) or if he was legit, but Jack Doyle seemed like they underutilized him. He's a 6'6" 250 LB TE that can block and run routes. He's not sudden like Jordan Reed, but he just has that deceptive athleticism that causes people to take bad angles to the ball on him.

He lined up all over the field (FB, TE, split).

I honestly don't understand how he wasn't more of a factor in that game.

Technically, he needs to clean up some things, but you can see he has potential to be a good NFL TE. I haven't seen anyone rate him on any board, so I'd say he's quite under rated.

WKU is coached by a former Stanford assistant coach from the Harbaugh era. They run a WCO and use 2TE, 1FB sets bunches.

Something else I noticed watching that game...

LB Andrew Jackson is very over-rated. He's a 2 down linebacker. He sucks at coverage and was taken off the field most of the 3rd down snaps.

Docta
09-22-2012, 01:53 PM
I really like Zac Dysert out of Miami OH. Plays like a faster Roethlisberger. Might even have a stronger arm.

Babylon
09-22-2012, 02:59 PM
Mike Campanaro, wr. Wake Forest. One of those Wes Welker types that come along and usually don't measure up. This guy is really good though. Around 5-10 200lb and he can really move. He's been there 4 yrs so i would really look forward to seeing what he can do at the combine. Great Hands.

Miaoww
09-22-2012, 05:52 PM
Telemaque is terrible.

SolidGold
09-22-2012, 07:40 PM
Is Arthur Brown considered underrated? I like him alot

nvm just checked scott's ranking and he has him as the #1 OLB

Docta
09-22-2012, 08:52 PM
Have to throw Terry Hawthorne in here. Dude is the best CB in the country IMO and he's still barely getting any press. It won't matter when draft time comes around anyway, but just watch out for him. Also watch Glenn Foster the Illini DT and Justin Green the Illini CB, both seniors. Lots of talent for the Illini that people are sleep on (But the NFL isn't).
Hawthorne just got burnt. *facepalm*

bigbenn
09-25-2012, 02:25 AM
A combination of his ankle being gimpy and Quinton Patton being a very good WR (He's underrated actually after watching him). It still doesn't change the fact that Hawthorne is (IMO) the best CB.

coach4fu
09-29-2012, 09:53 AM
Kyle Van Noy had two more sacks last night giving him 6.5 for the year. He also has 3 forced fumbles and 9.5 tackles for loss. Only a jr, it's getting harder for me to think he won't come out this year. NFL teams are always looking for guys who can get the qb.

freak_of_nature
09-29-2012, 10:12 AM
Rodney Smith WR FSU

underscore
09-29-2012, 02:27 PM
Mike Mauti is a well known name but after two knee injuries, his stock has really been pushed down. Through three games, he's played phenomenally, outshining Gerald Hodges.

Sack, TFL and 2 INTs (including a 99 yds non-TD return) today for Mauti.

TACKLE
10-01-2012, 01:44 AM
I think Tank Carradine ends up as a Top 20 pick with a chance at going top 10 so I'd say he's pretty darn underrated right now. Big, 'freak' athlete who also happens to lead CFB in sacks. I'm guessing he ends up going before Werner.

BeardedOne
10-01-2012, 03:06 AM
While I haven't seen all the backs this year, I really like what I'm seeing from Ellington. Elite balance.

norcalgsr
10-01-2012, 03:27 AM
Kerwynn Williams, RB Utah State. He's as talented as Kenjon Barner and Chris Thompson.

duesouth
10-02-2012, 08:45 AM
I think Tank Carradine ends up as a Top 20 pick with a chance at going top 10 so I'd say he's pretty darn underrated right now. Big, 'freak' athlete who also happens to lead CFB in sacks. I'm guessing he ends up going before Werner.

I must admit in the FSU/Clemson game I came away far more impressed with Carradine than Werner. Only one game of course, but liked the way Carradine used his long arms to his advantage - stretch plays out that were run at home and showed some pass rush ability.

duesouth
10-02-2012, 08:51 AM
I watched WKU vs Kentucky and I couldn't tell if it was just because it's Kentucky (I didn't see the Bama game) or if he was legit, but Jack Doyle seemed like they underutilized him. He's a 6'6" 250 LB TE that can block and run routes. He's not sudden like Jordan Reed, but he just has that deceptive athleticism that causes people to take bad angles to the ball on him.

I watched this game last week - my thoughts on Doyle:

Jack Doyle, TE, has a nice frame, a little thin perhaps, but he’s tall and can add some bulk. 3 catches for 34 yards. Caught 2 out routes, showed he can get off the line quickly. Sat down in the zone for his other reception. Did well as a blocker. Bent at the waist a couple of times and released Jamie Collins late, but was very effective engaging at the second level, often from HB. Got square to seal the edge. If he runs a decent time, I think he’s draftable.

One guy who has impressed me this year has been Southern Miss OT Jason Weaver. He shut down Cameron Meredith in the Nebraska game - my thoughts on him:

Jason Weaver, OT, one false start and beaten one time in pass protection, but otherwise another very good display. Trouble is his QB left the game injured on his pass pro breakdown play... Did a nice job sitting in his stance, getting his arms extended and working to get his hands under his man. Doesn't always grab cloth in pass protection, the play he ran into trouble he shoved Smith back, but let him come back with a burst and strength to get Weaver’s hands off to head to the QB. Got square in the run game and was able to move the DE up the field on draw plays. Looks to be draftable for sure.

WVU1
10-08-2012, 03:32 PM
Mike Campanaro, wr. Wake Forest. One of those Wes Welker types that come along and usually don't measure up. This guy is really good though. Around 5-10 200lb and he can really move. He's been there 4 yrs so i would really look forward to seeing what he can do at the combine. Great Hands.

I think he is more like a percy harvin than a wes welker. He is out with a hand injury for a few weeks. He should be a 2nd/3rd in 2014

duesouth
10-09-2012, 04:31 AM
Cornellius Carradine - the "other" DE at Florida State - nice frame, plays low and wins the leverage battle. The more I watch him, the more I like him.

thenewfeature06
10-09-2012, 10:15 AM
I really think a guy like Bryn Renner could start with the right team.. he is pretty smart and I mean only a JR. now so that is if he declares but doubt he will.. and one more guy that hasn't been getting much pub is James Hurst who is also a JR who could probably play OT or OG.

bruschis4all
10-09-2012, 05:01 PM

Agree with you analysis through the Illinois game. But, Gerald Hodges took Kain Colter out of the Northwestern game single-handedly. He's being used differently than Mauti. He's lining up as a nickel back when teams bring in a 3rd wr. It took him a couple of games to get used to it. But, if Saturday was any indication. He's going to have a very strong finish. With no game after Nov 24th, he'll be able to prepare for the college all star games and will do quite well for himself. As of now, I'd say a 3RD rounder. Could be moving up.

I do love Mauti's game. But, as you mentioned. The two ACL's have to scare the bejeebers out of you. Tremendous leader. Making plays all over. Forcing turnovers. Doing a great job on punt coverage team. Well, except for one play. I thought Venric Mark looked outstanding for Northwestern. Could be a skatback in the NFL.

SuperPacker
10-09-2012, 07:16 PM
Damontre Moore is just awesome. Massively underrated.

SolidGold
10-09-2012, 07:29 PM
Mike Mauti's bounce back from his second ACL injury is pretty amazing. I hope he remains healthy. I think he could be a 3rd round pick if he checks out ok medically and runs well.

SniperDosPuntoCero
10-12-2012, 01:18 PM
Jake Ryan uber alles.