PDA

View Full Version : Who would be in favor of trading up to #4 for Joe Thomas?

Vickissick07
03-31-2007, 11:49 AM
The only way this trade works is if Calvin Johnson is taken #1-3. If Johnson is gone, I believe that Tampa would be in favor of a trade down so they could take Okoye. The trade would look something like this.

ATL receives #4 overall (1800 points)

Tampa receives #8 overall (1400 points), #75 overall (215 points) and our 2008 2nd rounder. (I used our 2nd rounder because I would hope to god that we would have a better record than the Texans.)

The draft could then go something like this.

#4 - Joe Thomas OT

#39 - Victor Abiamiri DE

#44 - Aaron Ross CB

#109 - John Wendling S

#121 - Michael Bush RB (seems to be a popular pick in mocks)

Round 4 comp pick - Mansfield Rotto OG (played DL in college also)

Round 5 - Laurent Robinson WR

Round 6 - BPA

Round 7 comp pick - BPA

I think this looks like a very solid draft. One position that I couldn't figure out was DT though. Hopefully we can fill that after June 1st cuts. I know I am gonna get reamed for not drafting a S earlier, but I still think that JWill will end up getting moved to FS.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
03-31-2007, 02:45 PM
Eh, it's a thought, but idk.

catcher_0_3
03-31-2007, 06:56 PM
I'm not sure that Tampa would do that. Okoye is now at the top of everyone's board after his outstanding workouts, and branch is falling like a rock in water. I can see Washington taking Okoye at 6 and then making Tampa trade picks to get him. I can see TB just snatching Okoye at 4 and being done with it.

TRJ997
03-31-2007, 10:54 PM
The only way this trade works is if Calvin Johnson is taken #1-3. If Johnson is gone, I believe that Tampa would be in favor of a trade down so they could take Okoye. The trade would look something like this.

ATL receives #4 overall (1800 points)

Tampa receives #8 overall (1400 points), #75 overall (215 points) and our 2008 2nd rounder. (I used our 2nd rounder because I would hope to god that we would have a better record than the Texans.)

TB would most likely require more than that to move down to 8. I know the trade value chart has the 4th pick at 1800, but considering the potential prospects available, I think they would require at least a 2nd this year. They are not rumored to be looking to trade down, so I doubt they will take anything less than a good deal.