PDA

View Full Version : Week 3: Packers at Seahawks

PackerLegend
09-16-2012, 01:58 PM
This will be the one week I don't root for Wilson or Flynn. We should have an early advantage with a couple extra days to prepare. Give our guys a nice short bye week in a way to rest. Jennings should be back and if we can pull this out our next feed games don't look to bad. As long as the Saints done heat up.

PackerLegend
09-17-2012, 12:17 PM
I didn't see the game but by the score the Seahawks really beat up on the cowboys. This should be a good game.

SuperPacker
09-17-2012, 12:18 PM
I'm scared :/

PackerLegend
09-17-2012, 12:21 PM
I'm scared :/

Seahawks are a good opponent but I have a ton of confidence in this team. I feel like we should win every week. So I don't get scared maybe slightly nervous but that's it.

Sportsfan486
09-17-2012, 03:51 PM
This a good defensive team but not exceptional. I think we have a big game against them and this is really where our offense shows the fangs we had last year.

Their offense isn't built to play from behind. I think we get on them early and win this running away.

42-16, although I attribute this much of a blowout to Rodgers and the offense being pissed and our defense ramped up after a big win combined with extra prep time. I don't think the Seahawks are a bad team, pretty middle of the pack.

tjsunstein
09-17-2012, 04:10 PM
I agree, if we're able to jump out early then I see it getting out of hand but if we let the Seahawks stick around within a score after halfat home, it becomes scary.

Pack_Attack_4
09-18-2012, 11:50 AM
I watched the seahawks vs the cowboys last week. The seahawks have a really good secondary big physical corners, and two pritty good safetys. Earl Thomas was flying all over the field kinda reminds me of Nick Collins. I think if we get up on em early will be ok.

tjsunstein
09-18-2012, 04:10 PM
Cedric Benson is going to be key here. The crowd noise will be higher than we're used to so communicating with our WR will be tough at the line. I'd like to see us bring the same pressure against the rookie QB. Was kind of hoping for Flynn vs Rodgers but I do love Wilson. Im excited.

BloodBrother
09-18-2012, 04:13 PM
Wilson worries me more than Flynn, so I wish it was Flynn starting.

Agree with what you guys have said in that Seattle will be trying to slow this game down, similar to what the Niners did in Week 1. If the offense can get up by 2 scores early on, I think it will be hard for Seattle to come back. The longer they let them hang in the game, the more it favors Seattle

Sportsfan486
09-18-2012, 10:44 PM
I watched the seahawks vs the cowboys last week. The seahawks have a really good secondary big physical corners, and two pritty good safetys. Earl Thomas was flying all over the field kinda reminds me of Nick Collins. I think if we get up on em early will be ok.

They lack some deep speed/quickness aside from Thomas, who is pretty good in that category, and they're all quite young. There is definitely more room for a downfield attack than against the 49ers and we'll have our main guy for that back. That's the nice thing about young corners especially, if you can get on them early you can often break their confidence and really exploit them.

Like I said, though, my prediction is mainly based on what I've seen and expect from us. I think the Seahawks defensively are a good team, definitely top 15, but you'd expect all of our playmakers on offense to have the advantage in this game. Also, if they can get Cobb isolated on one of those linebackers, Trufant or Chancellor on a regular basis watch out for a huge game from him.

I also think that offense is definitely below average. Wilson hasn't shown me anything in the regular season yet that blows me away and even more importantly, I think those receiving weapons are quite poor. Lynch also isn't the runner that Gore or Forte were, maybe not even as good as Michael Bush... but we also like to fail at tackling those rumbling backs, so we'll see.

J-Mike88
09-19-2012, 11:04 PM
Those DB's bring the wood back there.
They good.

I think 3 made the Pro Bowl last year, FWIW.

The noise shouldn't be a factor. If anyone was in Atlanta for that round 2 playoff game 2 years ago, they'll recall how deafening the Birds crowd was at first, but by halftime, it was SILENCIO.

Problem is we have yet to click on offense.

Pack_Attack_4
09-20-2012, 01:42 AM
I wanna see the offence from last year show up, A Rod throwing for like 400yrds n 4 tds. I think its time for the offence to step the fuk up. i know we played two pritty good def teams but i think we have the best off in the league so now its time to play like it.

Its clobberin time. that was for BloodBrother

PackerLegend
09-20-2012, 09:00 AM
I wanna see the offence from last year show up, A Rod throwing for like 400yrds n 4 tds. I think its time for the offence to step the fuk up. i know we played two pritty good def teams but i think we have the best off in the league so now its time to play like it.

Its clobberin time. that was for BloodBrother

True dat!! The offense we all remember had yet to even show a glimpse of itself.

BloodBrother
09-20-2012, 01:49 PM
Looks like JEnnings might not be back afterall

didn't practice today and McCarthy said things aren't going as well as they expected with the groin injury. Jennings has been doing rehab this week. If anything, he sounds like he'd be a game time call

princefielder28
09-20-2012, 02:03 PM
I'm afraid this injury will linger for Jennings all season...thank god for Cobb!

ImBrotherCain
09-20-2012, 03:36 PM
I'm afraid this injury will linger for Jennings all season...thank god for Cobb!

I don't think it will hurt his value but if that were to happen it might work in our favor in terms of signability.

Hawk
09-24-2012, 11:49 PM

But regardless I still love Kevin Greene.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/1805uzn70kg2bgif/original.gif

Pack_Attack_4
09-24-2012, 11:52 PM
These refs r a fukin joke idk how they call that a td, Jennings clearly had a pick. The PI call on Sheilds was brutal. Rodgers in his post game interview said the refs gave him a kicking ball to use on the two point conversion. What ever the regular refs want give it to them bec i donno how many games i can watch with the fools refing .

SuperPacker
09-25-2012, 12:07 AM
Defense was awesome tonight. 2 weeks in a row we've looked like the 2010 defense.

Second half offense was looking better as well. Hopefully we can carry the momentum over to the Saints game. Would be nice to start 3-1 after 4 hard games.

BloodBrother
09-25-2012, 12:13 AM
What can you do

these refs just don't belong on the field. Sucks that it had to be the Packers who end up suffering that result

bright side is the D followed up last weeks' performnace with another dominant one

but now they face the SAints O and really it's a must win game now because of these horrible refs

Hawk
09-25-2012, 12:24 AM
Shield tweeted:

It's all good #SaintsNext

It is what it is.

BloodBrother
09-25-2012, 12:43 AM
this is seriously worse than 4th and 26 and any other painful loss over the years

I mean at least the team blew it on their own in those instances. This one was just flat out stolen from them

robert pancake gallery
09-25-2012, 01:01 AM
Shield tweeted:

It's all good #SaintsNext

It is what it is.

it is, but it isn't.

princefielder28
09-25-2012, 08:39 AM
Last night's loss was painful, and really for the 3rd straight week we, as fans, have to wonder where the MVP is. Rodgers has had some good moments thru the first three games, but he is nowhere near the level he was last year. Our offensive line clearly looked awful last night as well and I wonder how much of that has to do with Jeff Saturday and the calls he makes at the line compared to Scott Wells. The defense played pretty well for the most part, still some question marks with our safety play and communication in the defensive backfield.

PackerLegend
09-25-2012, 08:55 AM
We were absolutely robbed. This is either going to hurt us or fuel us next week. Don't even let the game be remotely close so these ******* clowns have another chance at something like this.

BloodBrother
09-25-2012, 10:19 AM
I still expect the offense to get it together. THey have too many studs on that side of the ball to just stink it up

the encouraging thing is the D has really looked much better these last 2 weeks. The PA TD was really bad, but they tightened up after that

TimmG6376
09-25-2012, 10:46 AM

But regardless I still love Kevin Greene.

:gif removed to save space:

Defense was awesome tonight. 2 weeks in a row we've looked like the 2010 defense.

Second half offense was looking better as well. Hopefully we can carry the momentum over to the Saints game. Would be nice to start 3-1 after 4 hard games.

Unfortunate that another really good defensive performance was not rewarded with the W they deserved. Very solid outside of the one TD pass which after replay did not appear to be a breakdown in coverage just a perfect call against that particular defense.

J-Mike88
09-25-2012, 10:45 PM
this is seriously worse than 4th and 26 and any other painful loss over the years.
Freddie Mitchell ended our season.
So did Terrell Owens.

This was just regular season loss #2.

We had 6 losses in 2010, still won the Super Bowl.
Last year we had 1 loss, didn't win a playoff game.

We're one game behind the schitty Bears & Vikings. If we can't beat them out with 13 weeks to go, it will be our fault.

That being said, we clearly were robbed and the replay official should have overturned it without question per the rules.

Now, I expect this charade will galvanize our team, and our defense looks great and our depth at OLB right now is awesome.

Walden looks great, and he was robbed on that BS play. I have photos of that play and he didn't hit him late enough to warrant a flag, and his head was at Wilson's waist level, not a low hit.

Bad call there like on Shields, twice.

J-Mike88
09-25-2012, 10:47 PM
We will win 5 of our next 6 games, probably with the loss being at Houston.

That will put us at 6-3 entering the bye. After the bye we will get 2 vs the Vikings who will be back to reality by then. We also welcome Tennessee to Lambeau late. We get the Lions twice. We're fine as long as we aren't screwed over by rashes of big injuries.

PackerFan20
09-26-2012, 09:29 AM
Last night's loss was painful, and really for the 3rd straight week we, as fans, have to wonder where the MVP is. Rodgers has had some good moments thru the first three games, but he is nowhere near the level he was last year. Our offensive line clearly looked awful last night as well and I wonder how much of that has to do with Jeff Saturday and the calls he makes at the line compared to Scott Wells. The defense played pretty well for the most part, still some question marks with our safety play and communication in the defensive backfield.

Opposing defenses are taking away the long-ball and forcing the Rodgers to throw underneath, but the combination of poor play-calling from McCarthy and Rodgers trying to force the ball down the field to covered receivers is really hurting the offense.

A) Run the ball early to make the defense respect it
B) What happened to the screen game? That will help against teams pinning their ears back and rushing Rodgers
C) It seems like too many pass plays are being called where the primary receiver is running a route that takes too long to develop (like deep double moves on a PA pass). Rodgers either gets sacked before the receiver is out of his route or the receiver isn't getting open and Rodgers doesn't have enough time to go through his progressions. Get back to the "quick pass + run after catch" mode you were in last year!

J-Mike88
09-26-2012, 06:44 PM
A) Run the ball early to make the defense respect it
B) What happened to the screen game? That will help against teams pinning their ears back and rushing Rodgers
C) It seems like too many pass plays are being called where the primary receiver is running a route that takes too long to develop (like deep double moves on a PA pass). Rodgers either gets sacked before the receiver is out of his route or the receiver isn't getting open and Rodgers doesn't have enough time to go through his progressions. Get back to the "quick pass + run after catch" mode you were in last year!
A) absolutely
B) we did try a screen, and they sniffed it out and Rodgers had to throw it at the ground. you can only try one or two screens a game. what does work, and has been working, is the checkdown to the RB because defenses do NOT account for that facing our offense. they worry about Finley, the WRs, and Rodgers running. The RB out of the backfield is low on their list.
C) defenses have been accosting, molesting our receivers off the line more than usual. the Chiefs did this last year and people (Giants) followed the blueprint. with the scab refs, the 49ers took it to another level. it works. it takes away the quick passes which were our bread & butter. and it throws off the timing and rythym of our offense. it's no wonder we're scoring at the same level as the Browns so far.