PDA

View Full Version : Week 3 - Lions (-2.5) at Titans

Scotty D
09-18-2012, 01:12 AM
Make a prediction and discuss the game.

Prowler
09-18-2012, 08:22 AM
Only 2.5 points? The Titans have gotten away from Chris Johnson, so I like our odds in a pass heavy shootout. It really shouldn't be close. The 49ers were one of the best teams in the league and I'm not remotely worried about the Titans. If we lost to Tennessee, then I think it would say more about our lack of execution and internal problems than anything.

noondog
09-18-2012, 10:46 AM
Still waiting for the Lions offense to really break out (I know they had 350 yds passing against STL, but it was not an impressive 350), and I think this will be the game it happens.

I just hope our secondary doesn't make Locker look like a pro bowler.

Scotty D
09-18-2012, 11:04 AM
Only 2.5 points? The Titans have gotten away from Chris Johnson, so I like our odds in a pass heavy shootout. It really shouldn't be close. The 49ers were one of the best teams in the league and I'm not remotely worried about the Titans. If we lost to Tennessee, then I think it would say more about our lack of execution and internal problems than anything.

Moved to 3 points this morning. Yeah, SF is a scary team right now. That defense isn't fair. Get back on track against TEN and we are 2-1.

Stafford needs to come out and play like he did last year. I think he's lost some of his confidence. Maybe he let last year get to his head. He is still VERY young.

Titus Young is becoming a problem. He quit on that pass to the endzone sunday night. He's becoming a diva without the stats to back it up. Burleson can't stretch the defense. We need Titus to make plays downfield.

Leshoure's regular season debut. A strong run game could really boost the team.

Edit - Drayton Florence has a broken forearm. Out indefinitely.

Maybe This Year Mayhew
09-18-2012, 11:37 AM
Titans have their backs to the wall and are at home. That will make it close but the Lions should still win.

Young, Burleson, Scheffler and Pettigrew better show the hell up this week though San Fran obviously has a good defene.

And can we get a healthy corner Houston, Bentley, Florence, Berry(own stupidity) and Greenwood all hurt at the same time and it's WEEK 3. We have Lacey, Barnes and Jonte Green right now with no dime back. Plus no Delmas yet. That is freaking ridiculous bad luck. GET HEALTHY.

Brothgar
09-19-2012, 02:14 PM
Houston and Bentley both practiced today so that is a good sign. When vagas only gives 2.5 point spread that usually means that it is going to come down to the wire.

Xiomera
09-23-2012, 11:56 AM
Predicting Lions 34, Titans 16

BRAVEHEART
09-23-2012, 03:05 PM
I didn't want to comment, because I thought it would jinx us somehow. Looks like we're not as good as we think we are.

Xiomera
09-23-2012, 03:15 PM
Five touchdowns of 60+ yards allowed.

This was fun.

Prowler
09-23-2012, 03:20 PM
this **** is insane

BRAVEHEART
09-23-2012, 03:34 PM
What happened to Staff?

Xiomera
09-23-2012, 03:35 PM
What happened to Staff?

Leg injury trying to chase down the Titans defender on the Pettigrew turnover.

BRAVEHEART
09-23-2012, 03:39 PM
D is pretty good as long as it's not 3rd and long.

Prowler
09-23-2012, 03:43 PM
Martz is the worst commentator ever. I hate all of his opinions.

Prowler
09-23-2012, 03:51 PM
Terrible decision...

WMD
09-23-2012, 03:56 PM
Well, that was a game.. I would've lined up and tried to draw them offsides first. But whatever.

Xiomera
09-23-2012, 04:05 PM
Well, that was a game.. I would've lined up and tried to draw them offsides first. But whatever.

They were correct to go for it on 4th, but what the **** was that play call? Hand it off to Leshoure! He hadn't been stopped at all when running inside on 25 carries.

Maybe This Year Mayhew
09-23-2012, 04:08 PM
Raiola snapped it early. Hill never had the ball. This game angers me because now the Lions backs are to the wall. I hate our safeties without Delmas on those two long TDs and special teams is so terrible even with all the changes. Jonte Green got ran over. And that Pettgrew letting the ball go made me sick.

Xiomera
09-23-2012, 04:17 PM
Blame Game Power Rankings:
1) Secondary
2) Play-calling
3) Raiola
4) Pettigrew
5) No pass rush
6) Special teams coverage units

WMD
09-23-2012, 04:23 PM
What about Stafford? He's been overthrowing guys all year.

Xiomera
09-23-2012, 04:23 PM
What about Stafford? He's been overthrowing guys all year.

I didn't see any egregious throws. Numbers were fine.

But would he really rank above any of those other problems anyways?

Prowler
09-23-2012, 05:08 PM
Playcalling. Let the "rookie" QB in what would be triple college OT try to beat us should have been the call. We should have kicked the field goal and trusted that they were going to screw up or that Suh would break free. Our penalties are what gave them the great field position. The call was too ballsy and a prime example of overaggressiveness coming back to haunt us.

Xiomera
09-23-2012, 06:25 PM
Well, it sounds like Schwartz's plan WAS to kick the field goal, but only after he tried to lure the Titans offside? Idiocy all around. Can we just cut Raiola at season's end? Too bad Reiff can't play center ...

Maybe This Year Mayhew
09-23-2012, 07:28 PM
The Pettigrew play just makes me mad everytime I think about. How do you let Verner take it away from you when driving on the Titans? Plus Stafford got hurt on that play.

Delmas and Stafford better get healthy quick. Vikings beating San Fran will be tough. And where is the Lions pass rush? 0 sacks

Scotty D
09-23-2012, 11:38 PM
what the ****, I'm pissed.

noondog
09-24-2012, 06:32 AM
That was just the most ******** thing I've seen from the Lions in ages. How in the **** do you just not go out and kick the ************* field goal? TERRIBLE coaching. Schwartz is wearing thin on me. So is Gunth for that matter.

Secondary...I'd rather have the British Columbia Lions secondary than ours. I mean, we made Locker look like John ******* Elway. Mayhew needs to address this **** immediately or we can start looking at a top 12 pick next April.

And Pettigrew....what the ****. Hands of stone and then when he does make a catch, he lets a tiny, little man take the ball from him? Seriously...

Our season is going sideways before it's barely even started.

Brothgar
09-24-2012, 06:52 AM
That was just the most ******** thing I've seen from the Lions in ages. How in the **** do you just not go out and kick the ************* field goal? TERRIBLE coaching. Schwartz is wearing thin on me. So is Gunth for that matter.

Secondary...I'd rather have the British Columbia Lions secondary than ours. I mean, we made Locker look like John ******* Elway. Mayhew needs to address this **** immediately or we can start looking at a top 12 pick next April.

And Pettigrew....what the ****. Hands of stone and then when he does make a catch, he lets a tiny, little man take the ball from him? Seriously...

Our season is going sideways before it's barely even started.

I have no problem with the decision to go for it on 4th down. With the way the secondary was playing I wouldn't want the game to rest on the D either so take the chance on a 4th and 1 rather than a D stop. With that said Raiola screwed the pooch I think they were looking for something else there.

Prowler
09-24-2012, 07:07 AM
To clarify incase we don't believe Xio...
http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/lions_head_coach_jim_schwartz_on_last_play_miscomm unication/11791588

Jim Schwartz on Lions' final play: "Miscommunication. We were trying to draw them offsides. We had no intention of going for it there."

In his post game interviews Detroit Lions Head Coach Jim Schwartz was questioned about his play call and decision to go for it on 4th down in overtime. Schwartz’s response is in the tweet above, and it isn’t surprising. The offensive line moved late, and Shaun Hill looked almost surprise to receive the ball on the snap.

georgiafan
09-24-2012, 07:13 AM
I don't blame him for going for it on 4th and 1 when your offense has put up 41 points. I mean why would you trust your defense/special teams that have given up 44 points when you are just a handful of yards away from stealing a win.

Maybe This Year Mayhew
09-24-2012, 08:47 AM
I have no problem going for it but give it to LeShoure instead of miscommunicating. Sounds like they were just trying to draw offsides and then kick which is safe but dumb given the Lions safety problems, special team problems and lack of pass rush.

detroitsports
09-24-2012, 11:53 AM
After watching this team for 20 some odd competent games in a row here, I find it amazing that as an offense in the first half, they seem to have no clue what to expect from the defense when they come out. Is the coaching staff that bad a scheming? Obviously, they are very good at adjusting as evidenced by the rest of the game, but come on. A 9 point first half followed by 32????? And, yes, I realize 14 points came on garbage (which turned out not to be garbage) and a hail mary, but there's no denying it was a different offense. This happens every week!

WMD
09-24-2012, 01:34 PM
In the Lions-Titans and Bengals-Redskins games, officials marched off too much yardage on penalties.

Lions linebacker Stephen Tulloch's helmet-to-helmet hit on Craig Stevens wound up as a 27-yard penalty in Tennessee's 44-41 overtime win. In OT, from the Titans 44, Jake Locker passed to Stevens over the middle for a 24-yard gain and Tulloch was flagged for the hit. Fourteen yards were added to the end of the play, which then was reviewed and overturned because the ball hit the ground.

However, the penalty still is enforced. Instead of 15 yards, officials marked it off from the Detroit 44 the wrong spot.

"As soon as the play was declared incomplete it becomes a first down and it becomes 15 yards from the play before," Lions coach Jim Schwartz said.I didn't catch that during the game. They gave the Titans 12 free yards. If they would've spotted it right after the penalty, the Titans would've had the ball on our 41. Instead, the Titans had the ball on our 29.

It was a bad decision to overturn that call anyways. If they wouldn't have overturned that catch, the ball would've been at our 20 or 21.. so I guess it kinda evened out in a way.

Maybe This Year Mayhew
09-24-2012, 01:34 PM
They took their shots in the first half but didn't hit on them. 3rd and 2 incomplete to Pettigrew resulting in field goal. 2nd and 7 deep pass to Pettigrew incomplete with good coverage and 3rd and 7 went shy of the sticks to Titus but Stafford misfired but Titus made the catch.

Next drive 3rd and 5 they went to Calvin on the sidelines but Calvin couldn't complete the process on a tough catch on the sidelines. Result 10-6 Titans after the punt return.

2nd Quarter 3rd and 7 screen to Logan was a mistake. Then big play to Cook where the Lions safeties played terrible. The FG drive stalled on LeShoure stuffed on 3rd and 2 but they drove the ball well. Next drive stalled another 3rd and 2 for LeShoure was stuffed.

One mistake on a play call IMO to Logan in the first half but the two big plays on special teams and defense killed the Lions.

Maybe This Year Mayhew
09-24-2012, 01:35 PM
I didn't catch that during the game. They gave the Titans 12 free yards. If they would've spotted it right after the penalty, the Titans would've had the ball on our 41. Instead, the Titans had the ball on our 29.

It was a bad decision to overturn that call anyways. If they wouldn't have overturned that catch, the ball would've been at our 20 or 21.. so I guess it kinda evened out in a way.

Agreed that was a catch. Bad spot evens things out.

Iamcanadian
09-27-2012, 07:58 PM
What is really bothering me is the poor play of Suh, he just isan't the same player he was as a rookie and has been sliding backwards ever since.
He doesn't seem to have learned anything since his rookie year and team are attacking him as the weak point on the DL.