PDA

View Full Version : Dream Pick for Your Team?

Caulibflower
09-27-2012, 05:42 PM
This isn't "who would you pick first overall?" and it's not "try to guess who your team will really pick." If you could simply pick a player you'd love to see on your team next year, setting aside considerations of the value of draft slots versus a player's perceived stock, who would it be?

For myself, I'm not sure there's a player who'd fit better on our team and address a more obvious need than Keenan Allen. I'm not calling him the number one overall prospect, and I'm not really even interested in whether he's the "best receiver," but he's exactly what the Seahawks need right now, and he's jumped off the screen at me pretty much whenever I've watched Cal play since last year.

Pat Sims 90
09-27-2012, 06:14 PM
A Safety or Corner does not matter. The Bengals secondary is old and slow.

rawdawg
09-27-2012, 06:16 PM
Tough choice as a Bears fan. Ideally, it'd be a LT. But the Bears need a LG also. And I like Chance Warmack more than any of the OTs in this draft. Barrett Jones would be interesting too based on the off chance he could actually play LT in the NFL (which I doubt) and I think you still get a really strong interior OL in him worst case.

YAYareaRB
09-27-2012, 06:21 PM
Keenan Allen WR, Cal

Caulibflower
09-27-2012, 06:47 PM
Also, why is there a Cal player I want every freaking year? Cameron Jordan was one of my favorite prospects a couple of years ago and went the pick before ours, and Mychal Kendricks was my favorite linebacker this year and again went off the board right before our pick came around (albeit in the second round). And now Keenan Allen is the player I want to come to Seattle. The last two years, those guys were guys I might've named in a list like this, because they fit the team's scheme and needs so well. Uncanny. I'm not any kind of Cal fan, either.

soybean
09-27-2012, 06:59 PM
Also, why is there a Cal player I want every freaking year? Cameron Jordan was one of my favorite prospects a couple of years ago and went the pick before ours, and Mychal Kendricks was my favorite linebacker this year and again went off the board right before our pick came around (albeit in the second round). And now Keenan Allen is the player I want to come to Seattle. The last two years, those guys were guys I might've named in a list like this, because they fit the team's scheme and needs so well. Uncanny. I'm not any kind of Cal fan, either.

Cal surprisingly puts out a lot of studs: Aaron Rodgers, Lynch, Brandon Mebane, Desmond Bishop, Thomas Decoud, Desean, Nmamdi.

Such an under performing college team though.

Don Vito
09-27-2012, 07:06 PM
Cal surprisingly puts out a lot of studs: Aaron Rodgers, Lynch, Brandon Mebane, Desmond Bishop, Thomas Decoud, Desean, Nmamdi.

That kind of sounds like Ole Miss, we will put some pretty good players into the NFL but they seem to blossom in the NFL.

Dream pick for the Pats is a tough since there are a lot of prospects I would love the Pats to add, if I had to pick one I would go with Jarvis Jones. Get him and chandler off the edge for the future. Close behind would be lotulelei.

K Train
09-27-2012, 07:17 PM
Manti <333

SickwithIt1010
09-27-2012, 07:22 PM
Eric Reid

If we tank I would be allllll for taking the BPA out of Barkley/Wilson/Smith

RaiderNation
09-27-2012, 10:15 PM
A pass rusher would be a great addition, Jones/Mingo/Werner would make me very happy.

vidae
09-27-2012, 10:17 PM
Tyler Wilson or Geno Smith

Duffman57
09-27-2012, 10:30 PM
I guess Mingo/Jones. I'm not sure for the Chargers though. OT and CB are probably our top needs, and all the OT/CB's are mid 1st round guys. OLB's a secondary need, but with a stud pass rusher on the board it may be too hard to pass up.

CashmoneyDrew
09-27-2012, 11:02 PM
Any interior offensive lineman with a pulse. Or any safety with a pulse. Or maybe even Jarvis Jones.

I'll have a good shot at being happy during this year's draft.

DcmRulz
09-27-2012, 11:35 PM
Jonathan Banks. Our vikings secondary is like a bone-dry forest in the middle of a summer in Vegas.

TitanHope
09-28-2012, 01:42 AM
Barrett Jones, Eric Reid, Star Lotulelei, or Bjoern Werner.

bucfan12
09-28-2012, 07:51 AM
Jonathan Banks for the bucs and Aaron Murray in round 2 :)

Halsey
09-28-2012, 08:48 AM
Mine is easy. I won't even type his name.

killxswitch
09-28-2012, 09:02 AM
For me it's a 3 way tie between Jarvis Jones, Star Lotulelei, and Chance Warmack. The first two would be bigger individual difference-makers, but Warmack would solve several OL problems and give Luck an actual pocket, and maybe even a run game to rely on.

DiG
09-28-2012, 09:05 AM
Id love to see David Amerson or Johnthan Banks slip to the Skins 2nd round pick. A lot of other underclassman corners I like too so it'll depend on who declares. I actually really like this years corner class so I'm optimistic.

LonghornsLegend
09-28-2012, 09:33 AM
Eric Reid easily. I get pleasured thinking about adding him into our secondary.

YAYareaRB
09-28-2012, 10:50 PM

definitely cant knock tedford's recruiting.

Raiderz4Life
09-28-2012, 11:13 PM
Barkley or Wilson.

holt_bruce81
09-28-2012, 11:51 PM
Luke Joekel, OT, Texas A&M
Chance Warmack OG, Alabama

Fix the O-Line once and for all.

T-RICH49
09-29-2012, 01:15 AM
any QB NOT named Landry Jones

Pit Bull #53
09-29-2012, 02:14 AM
Eric Reid, Chance Warmack, Barrett Jones. Haven't watched the DTs much this year, but if Lotulelei or Hankins are in the Ngata/Dareus/Suh/McCoy class as prospects, then I'd add either of them as well.

RCAChainGang
09-29-2012, 03:06 AM
Star Lotulelei

freak_of_nature
09-29-2012, 06:40 AM
Robert Woods or Keenan Allen for Miami.

If we sign a good free agent WR, draft Manti Teo after a small tradedown.

wicket
09-29-2012, 07:06 AM
manti would be my absolute dream pick for the saints but my second choice would be chance warmack. I know guard doesnt seem like the biggest position of need for the saints but it is the position that needs to be elite to make the offense tick.

SuperPacker
09-29-2012, 07:36 AM
I don't know for the Packers. We could use everyone.

I'd probably go with Eric Reid. Closely followed by Keenan Allen.

EDIT: Don't know why I said Eric Reid. Safety is far down the list of needs for us right now. Give us Keenan Allen, Barrett Jones, Marcus Lattimore or Manti Te'o, first.

ATLDirtyBirds
09-29-2012, 07:46 AM
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/icon_18801073-610x406.gif

SenorGato
09-29-2012, 10:18 AM
Almost literally zero doubts that it is Jarvis Jones.

SenorGato
09-29-2012, 10:46 AM
Also would love Wagner, Warmack, Cooper, or Frederick for the OL.

SenorGato
09-29-2012, 11:09 AM
Also Michael Williams the Bama TE is a personal favorite.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
09-29-2012, 11:13 AM
Jarvis Jones

SF Dolphin Fan
09-29-2012, 12:33 PM
As a Dolphin fan I know the team needs receivers in a big, big way, but my dream 1st rounder would be either Bjorn Werner or Jarvis Jones. I love the Giants defense and how they are able to constantly harass the passer. Same now with Seattle. You need that to compete. I also love both Keenan Allen and Justin Hunter as prospects, but there always seem to be some good wr's in free agency and you hardly ever see good pass rushers make it to the open market.

Leon Sandcastle
09-29-2012, 01:52 PM
Eugene Smith.

ChiFan24
09-29-2012, 02:29 PM
My prediction that the misspelling of Johnthan Banks' name would become my biggest pet peeve is proving accurate.

For the Bears, I don't really know much about the LT's yet, so give me Manti.

bucfan12
09-29-2012, 02:31 PM
Geno Smith In Tampa Please!

bucfan12
09-29-2012, 02:32 PM
My prediction that the misspelling of Johnthan Banks' name would become my biggest pet peeve is proving accurate.

For the Bears, I don't really know much about the LT's yet, so give me Manti.

Jonathon Banks is a baller. He's so underrated. Probably better than Morris Claiborne in my opinion.

freak_of_nature
09-29-2012, 05:17 PM
As a Dolphin fan I know the team needs receivers in a big, big way, but my dream 1st rounder would be either Bjorn Werner or Jarvis Jones.

I'd rather have Teo and cut the overpaid Karlos Dansby.

KaneMarko
10-04-2012, 02:33 AM
Tyler Wilson or Geno Smith

Yeah, as the weeks go on, my desire for the Chiefs to draft Geno grows exponentially. The Cassel experiment has to end (and probably the Pioli and Crennel Experiments as well). 30 years have passed since the last time the Chiefs drafted a QB in the first round. They HAVE TO next April.

themaninblack
10-04-2012, 04:19 AM
Probably Teo considering we likely have the worst MLB in the NFL, although we did sign Burfict who has been playing great. Other than that I would probably go best DB(Safety particularly) available then Jarvis Jones or Mingo.

SF Dolphin Fan
10-04-2012, 05:51 PM
I'd rather have Teo and cut the overpaid Karlos Dansby.I'm not a big fan of Karlos Dansby's either. In fact, I think Miami is going to have to draft some young linebackers at some point. I like Teo, but I don't think he'd have as big of an impact as a pass rusher.

Witten4HOF
10-04-2012, 06:08 PM
Jarvis would be an absolute monster across from Ware! In a realistic range I'm going to say Warmack.

T-RICH49
10-04-2012, 06:16 PM
never mind

WMD
10-04-2012, 06:42 PM
For the Lions.. I don't care. But this is probably in order:

Safety or LB. Must be able to tackle.
Pass Rushing DE. Vanden Bosch is done after this year and our DL is doing nothing.
Run Blocking OL. Any position, we'll make a spot.
Kick/Punt returner
TE that can consistently catch.
WR that can get open and not get dumb penalties

No injury/arrest prone players.

vidae
10-04-2012, 07:14 PM
geno smith, because **** osweiler.

realistically, te'o. or trade all our picks for earl thomas.

You'll stick with Osweiler and LIKE IT.

duesouth
10-05-2012, 08:00 AM
The question for my Jags is with a likely very high pick do you go QB again - or stick with Gabbert and hope he gets it. He's played slightly better, but still not good enough. I think it will ultimately depend on if GM Gene Smith is fired or given another year...

Pass rush has to be high on the list as well - we're currently last in the league with 2 sacks all season. But Mingo and Jones are likely better 3-4 prospects - unless we go Seahawks/Bruce Irvin.

Tons of areas of need - one player on day two I really want us to take is Penn State LB Michael Mauti - we haven't had a leader like that since Mike Peterson left for Atlanta.

Grizzlegom
10-05-2012, 08:41 AM
I'd rather have Teo and cut the overpaid Karlos Dansby.

I'm not a big fan of Karlos Dansby's either. In fact, I think Miami is going to have to draft some young linebackers at some point. I like Teo, but I don't think he'd have as big of an impact as a pass rusher.

Dansby is actually playing to his contract this year guys. He's playing really well in the new defense. If he keeps it up, I don't think there's any way they cut ties with him.

As our roster stands now, my dream pick is Robert Woods or Keenan Allen. That could easily change if we lock up Hartline and bring in Jennings but right now, Woods or Allen for sure.

bengalbuck
10-05-2012, 10:09 AM
For Bengals, a big time pass rushing DE would be ideal, somebody like Jones or Mingo. Second would be a great SS, but I'm not sure I see any I like in the first round. A middle LB like Teo would also be intriguing depending upon how they address the position in FA (I'd personally like to see them address this in FA where LBs never break the bank, so they can go DE in the draft).

On offense, a RB is the only big need. I'd love to see lattimore in Cincy along with Dalton and Green for the next 8 years.

ATLDirtyBirds
10-05-2012, 10:09 AM
Dion Jordan too please.

draftguru151
10-05-2012, 10:11 AM
Ideal? Sammy Watkins. Actually possible though, Robert Woods would be fine.

Drafting a middle linebacker with the currency major issues on this team would be terrible.

TACKLE
10-05-2012, 02:13 PM
Especially if he can play center...

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Chance+Warmack+Western+Kentucky+v+Alabama+n4Rzvq84 phDl.jpg

Dion Jordan too please.

Hush you. You know he'd look way sexier on our defense.

draftguru151
10-05-2012, 03:08 PM
I really want Chance on the Ravens just so they can be more awesome. Then draft Denzel in 2 years to replace Ray. And Duke too to play QB.

Gridiron
10-05-2012, 03:10 PM
Jets - Geno Smith or Keenan Allen

Armchair Scout
10-05-2012, 04:06 PM
For the Patriots, I would like Stedman Bailey, whenever they could get him. He seems like a better sideline receiver than the Patriots have gotten through the draft in a long time. He's a guy who could actually be around when the Patriots pick.

Saints-Tigers
10-05-2012, 04:33 PM
Star please.

SF Dolphin Fan
10-05-2012, 11:26 PM
Dansby is actually playing to his contract this year guys. He's playing really well in the new defense. If he keeps it up, I don't think there's any way they cut ties with him.

As our roster stands now, my dream pick is Robert Woods or Keenan Allen. That could easily change if we lock up Hartline and bring in Jennings but right now, Woods or Allen for sure.Jennings would be a nice pickup and allow the Dolphins some real flexibility come draft day. Dansby is a good player. I just have a hard time forgiving that he came into camp 25 pounds overweight last year. With his contract and supposed leadership role that just rubbed me the wrong way. I am a fan of Keenan Allen's. I like Robert Woods, but more of a lower first rounder IMO.

SF Dolphin Fan
10-05-2012, 11:27 PM
For the Patriots, I would like Stedman Bailey, whenever they could get him. He seems like a better sideline receiver than the Patriots have gotten through the draft in a long time. He's a guy who could actually be around when the Patriots pick.That would be a nice pickup. He's really a good player.

descendency
10-05-2012, 11:30 PM
Jarvis Jones.

Loftin
10-16-2012, 12:28 AM
For the Houston Texans, I'd like to see Jake Matthews, OT from Texas A&M. The kid is a 3-year starter at RT, and with Winston gone that is a glaring need for Houston up front. Also, Matthews is a deep snapper for A&M, something the Texans have dedicated a roster spot to in the past, so his versatility would appeal to a guy like Kubiak.

JaxJag_1
10-16-2012, 12:51 AM
Geno

FigJam
10-16-2012, 09:51 AM
Manti Te'O...I guess. ILB certainly is not the biggest need for the Bolts...but I just think he's going to be such an awesome player.

Plus his name rocks...and I want to keep saying it for the next 10 years.

TheFinisher
10-16-2012, 03:52 PM
http://seeingred.sltrib.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/srSTAR-START-004-ss.jpg

Punisher
10-16-2012, 04:41 PM
Manti Teo for the Broncos

DI
10-16-2012, 04:53 PM
God, the things I would do to have Manti Te'o at MLB for the Giants.

armageddon
10-24-2012, 10:40 PM
Luke Joekel, OT, Texas A&M
Chance Warmack OG, Alabama

Fix the O-Line once and for all.

+100000000000000000000000

Do you like Joekel more than Lewan ?

_YL_
10-25-2012, 10:47 AM
For the Raiders Jarvis Jones or Jonathan banks

weasel
10-26-2012, 03:46 AM
I would say the Lions need defensive back 1/1A, (CB/S), DE and OG in the top 3.
My personal wish for them is Dee Milliner CB and then Jonathon Banks CB

descendency
10-26-2012, 04:15 AM
After watching the last few Patriots games, they need an interior rusher so badly... Star would be an awesome 3 down DT.

DcmRulz
10-26-2012, 08:34 AM
Justin Hunter now. we kinda desperately need a 2nd WR, teams are starting to figure out we only have 1 of them, and that he's not a field stretcher.

AntoinCD
10-26-2012, 09:15 AM
After watching the last few Patriots games, they need an interior rusher so badly... Star would be an awesome 3 down DT.

Ideal while that would be it is really unrealistic. 2 guys who could fill that interior role who should be around when the Pats pick are Sheldon Richardson from Missouri and Kawann Short from Purdue. I would like either

RaiderNation
10-26-2012, 11:58 AM
A pass rusher would be a great addition, Jones/Mingo/Werner would make me very happy.

I'd still come away happy if we end up with one of those 3 pass rushers. I also would add Barkley and Milliner to the list but I think we won't be picking high enough for a QB.

descendency
10-26-2012, 12:17 PM
Ideal while that would be it is really unrealistic. 2 guys who could fill that interior role who should be around when the Pats pick are Sheldon Richardson from Missouri and Kawann Short from Purdue. I would like either

I was just saying that's who I'd draft if I could have anyone...

But yea, I agree. More realistically, there are prospects to be had later that will do a similar thing.

The best case scenario is that the Patriots get a WR at their first round draft spot.

AntoinCD
10-26-2012, 12:24 PM
I was just saying that's who I'd draft if I could have anyone...

But yea, I agree. More realistically, there are prospects to be had later that will do a similar thing.

The best case scenario is that the Patriots get a WR at their first round draft spot.

It will be interesting to see what they do decide to do. Where they will be picking there should be guys like Woods, Wilson, Hunter and Patterson who could be a potential #1 outside type targets. Although they could wait and take someone like Tavon Austin in the second or a guy like Swope in the third or later.

An internal guy like Warmack, Jones or Cooper could be an option as could a DB of course.

I would also be intrigued by a high upside front 7 guy like Ansah or Dion Jordan too if the opportunity presented itself.