PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys Starting Lineup

mtmock
03-31-2007, 07:06 PM
*name all the cowboys you think will be starting in every position next year.
You can use draft picks if you so feel the need.
OFFENSE:

QB: Tony Romo
RB: Marion Barber{I think Jones gets beat out Depending on M.Turner Scenario}
FB: Le'Ron McClain
WR1: Terrell Owens
WR2: Terry Glenn
TE: Jason Witten
LT: Flozzell Adams
LG: Justin Blalock
OC: Andre Guroude
RG: Leonard Davis
RT: Marc Columbo

DEFENSE:

NT: Jason Ferguson
DE: Marcus Spears/Canty rotating
DE: Jason Hatcher/Canty rotating
OLB: Demarcus Ware
ILB: Bradie James
ILB: Bobby Carpenter
OLB: Greg Ellis
CB: Terence Newman
CB: Anthony Henry
SS: Roy "Knock-Out" Williams
FS: Ken "THe Hammer" Hamlin

03-31-2007, 07:14 PM
I don't think Ayodele is going to get bumped out of the Starting Lineup. I think if anything Ellis is going to move back to DE and Carpenter will still play OLB and Ayodele will stay Inside.

Achilles33
03-31-2007, 07:18 PM
I like Blalock at LG, that will make our O-Line incredible, and with Kosier as a back-up that would be great depth. I don't think Hatcher will start though, but he should be a great situational pass-rusher.

Ward
03-31-2007, 07:24 PM
I think if either James or Ayodele gets bumped, it's James. That said, I don't think either will but he'll be the more likely candidate.

mtmock
03-31-2007, 08:13 PM
I think if either James or Ayodele gets bumped, it's James. That said, I don't think either will but he'll be the more likely candidate.

why does everyone say that! bradie james is excellent. he is the better of the 2. our D captain. Leading tackler...if anyone on the inside its ayodele...he'll stil get good PT either way i believe.

dware_94
04-01-2007, 01:28 AM

tell me one thing that makes you think that Ayodele > James

Gridiron
04-01-2007, 01:30 AM
You guys better not draft Blalock! http://img103.exs.cx/img103/1719/angry.gif

KILLERSANTA
04-01-2007, 08:08 AM
RB: Julius Jones
FB: Oliver Hoyte
LG: Kyle Kosier

DEFENSE:

DE: Chris Canty
DE: Jay Ratliff (spears on the bench, Where he should be)
ILB: Akin Ayodele
OLB: Kevin Burnett
SS: Roy Williams
FS: Ken Hamlin

With James rotating in at ILB alot and Ellis rotating in at OLB alot!

Achilles33
04-01-2007, 08:11 AM
I think that Ellis will be back to pro-bowl caliber by week 10 or so. That is when players with Achilles injuries start to regain form and stop hindering that leg.

yno88
04-12-2007, 09:52 AM
QB Romo
RB Jones Barber
FB/TE Hoyte/Fasano
WR Owens
WR Glenn
WR Crayton
TE Witten
LT Flo (6-7 345)
LG Kosier (6-5 305) Blalock? Cool by me.
C Gurode (6-4 318)
RG Davis (6-6 366)
RT Colombo (6-8 320)

LE Spears
NT Ferguson
RE Canty
SLB Ellis
MLB James
JLB Ayodele
WLB Ware
CB Newman
CB Henry/The CB we draft
SS Williams
FS Hamlin

M.O.T.H.
04-12-2007, 10:08 AM
RB: Julius Jones

DEFENSE:

DE: Jay Ratliff (spears on the bench, Where he should be)
ILB: Akin Ayodele
OLB: Kevin Burnett

With James rotating in at ILB alot and Ellis rotating in at OLB alot!

There is zero chance we sit our former first round... high paid DE... Marcus Spears, not gonna happen. I may be alone here but, I think he finally breaks out this year... Wade should help him out a lot... he is a very similar player to that of Luis Castillo. As for LB... I'm thinking Ware may go to strongside, full-time ala Merriman (switches sides occasionally) and Carp who is very similar to Shaun Phillips size/speed wise will play weakside OLB.

"I want to start this offseason putting Bobby outside and inside and try to get a feel for exactly where he needs to have an opportunity to play, because he is a talented player," Phillips said. "He's big and can run and is smart. You just kind of look for where people should fit in and give them an opportunity to play."- Wade Phillips

It's going to get interesting. It really could go either way... coming into the draft... Carp was foreseen as a future strongside LB in a 3-4 defense. Considered by many to be the next Mike Vrabel... So we cannot count Carp out for the Strongside either. To be honest I would be shocked to see him play inside.

KILLERSANTA
04-12-2007, 06:38 PM
There is zero chance we sit our former first round... high paid DE... Marcus Spears, not gonna happen. I may be alone here but, I think he finally breaks out this year... Wade should help him out a lot... he is a very similar player to that of Luis Castillo. As for LB... I'm thinking Ware may go to strongside, full-time ala Merriman (switches sides occasionally) and Carp who is very similar to Shaun Phillips size/speed wise will play weakside OLB.

"I want to start this offseason putting Bobby outside and inside and try to get a feel for exactly where he needs to have an opportunity to play, because he is a talented player," Phillips said. "He's big and can run and is smart. You just kind of look for where people should fit in and give them an opportunity to play."- Wade Phillips

It's going to get interesting. It really could go either way... coming into the draft... Carp was foreseen as a future strongside LB in a 3-4 defense. Considered by many to be the next Mike Vrabel... So we cannot count Carp out for the Strongside either. To be honest I would be shocked to see him play inside.

That's fine..Put carp outside and burnett inside..as long as Burnett starts!

Staubach12
04-12-2007, 08:00 PM
Well, since we resigned Crayton, I'll change my mock.

1. DeMarcus Tyler, NT, NC St
While this is a bit of a reach, behind us there are a few teams who I could see taking him, so I think if we really want him, we'll stick where we are just to be safe. Tyler fills a need at NT, and he can fill in for Jason Fergeson, but eventually fill in to a starting role. Tyler will do well at NT in a 3-4, because he's got the size, strength, power, etc be play that role. He'll be able to demand a double team on the next level, helping our 3-4 be more technically sound.

2. Quenton Moses, OLB, Georgia
Oh, how things change. Moses has really fallen as of late, and I really do think he'll be there when we pick in the 2nd. He kind of fell off as a senior, but if he can play like he did as a junior, we'll have a star on our hands. Drafting Moses will allow us to keep Carpenter inside, where he'll ultimately take Bradie James' spot. Moses also is widely accepted as player who will fit in the 3-4 very well. Moses this year would fill in with Ellis, and soon take over completely. Moses is a stud pass rusher, and that's one of the things we really need on the defense right now.

3. Jason Hill, WR, Washington St
While everyone is pumped about Crayton being signed, there are two facts you have to look at before ruling out taking a WR on day 1. The first is, let's face it, Crayton won't ever be more than a #3 WR. He'll be 29 soon, and he's not going to improve too much. The 2nd is that Crayton signed a 1 year deal. He could be gone by next year. So, to get that future #1 WR, we look to one of the most prolific WRs in college history. Mark my words, Jason Hill will be a star in the NFL. As far as his immediate role on the team, he'd be #4 or #5 this next year. If we don't resign Crayton, he'll be the #3 and then eventually take over as the #1 guy.

4. Jonathan Wade, CB, Tennessee
Our corners are getting old. I'll just say it upfront. We'll need a #3 soon and a #2 soon, as well. Wade has huge potential, and with good coaching, he can become a great CB. He played very well, and his athleticism is on par with the next level. If we can teach him a bit more, than he should be very good in time, His role this next year will be #4, then 3 soon, then 2.

5. Derek Landri, DE, Notre Dame
He projects as a DE in our 3-4 scheme. He's a solid pass rusher, and he'll be a good backup for us in time. He's got a great motor, and he could definately serve as a great rotational player, IMO. He's quite underrated and he was a top recruit coming out of high school. He's a great character guy who loves the game, too.

6. Chris Leak, QB, Florida
Leak definately doesn't project as a starter in the NFL, but he's exactly what you look for in a solid backup. He's smart, and understands the game well. He doesn't take over a game or blow you away with measurables, but he's a good game manager, which is what you want when your golden boy goes down. He'll take over as primary backup once Brad Johnson retires or leaves.

7a. Lyle Sendlein, C, Texas
This guy has one big meen streak. He's the kind of guy you love to have playing for you on the line. He's also got good mechanics, and he's got some upside. I like his potential. Though he's not especially powerful or agile, he could serve as a solid backup for Gurode.

7b. Nick Graham, CB, Tulsa
This guy plays with his heart, but sometimes the lack of the head equation makes me question him. So, why not take a flyer on a guy like that? He's agressive, and he has good instincs, but sometimes, that agressiveness kills him. He bites a bit too much, and he really just needs to be a bit more patient. I like him though. I think with coaching, he might turn out to be alright.

7c. Justin Medlock, K, UCLA
Hey, why not? He's got a good leg, and was productive in college. I think it would be good to bring in a fresh face at kicker to compete. Who knows? He could turn out to be something.

That was my mock, so, according to that...

HB: Marion Barber
WR: Terrell Owens
WR: Terry Glenn
LT: Flozell Adams
C: Andre Gurode
RT: Marc Colombo

NT: Jason Fergeson/ DeMarcus Tyler
DE: Marcus Spears
OLB: DeMarcus Ware
ILB: Akin Adoyele
OLB: Quenton Moses/ Greg Ellis
CB1: Terence Newman
CB2: Anthony Henry

HEISMANHERSCHEL
04-12-2007, 11:34 PM
I am good with that draft. I do hate to see us draft another DE (Landri). But if he would be a better pass rusher than what we have, what the heck...