09-29-2012, 02:18 PM
Convert him to WR because he can't cover

asdf1223
09-29-2012, 02:20 PM
Landry Jones is the real Jevan Snead.

bucfan12
09-29-2012, 02:23 PM
Convert him to WR because he can't cover

I think he moves to FS in the NFL. He may not be able to cover, but put him in Centerfield and he;ll ball-hawk the crap out of QBs.

ph90702
09-29-2012, 02:41 PM
I think he moves to FS in the NFL. He may not be able to cover, but put him in Centerfield and he;ll ball-hawk the crap out of QBs.

Ed Reed moved to FS in the NFL, and look at how it turned out. First ballot Hall of Famer.

J52
09-29-2012, 02:48 PM
I was about to make this post. Burned for five touchdowns today?

princefielder28
09-29-2012, 03:06 PM
Ed Reed moved to FS in the NFL, and look at how it turned out. First ballot Hall of Famer.

and this is relevant for Amerson because.....???

Don Vito
09-29-2012, 03:08 PM
So David Amerson and Landry Jones are hall of famers?

SchizophrenicBatman
09-29-2012, 03:08 PM
He better have made a lot of $$$ point shaving today because he isn't getting any from the league

PossibleCabbage
09-29-2012, 03:36 PM
I think David Amerson is one punched cop away from being Alfonzo Dennard.

I do not think he is undraftable like Snead became, however. He's, at worst, worth a flyer as a FS prospect.

Hurricanes25
09-29-2012, 03:42 PM
He looked pretty bad today against the 'Canes. I also question his football IQ. On a play where the defense went offside, Amerson stopped and Miami scored on a deep ball. He also committed a dumb offside penalty himself trying to block a FG. It extended the drive and he wasn't even close to timing the snap.

descendency
09-29-2012, 05:45 PM
and this is relevant for Amerson because.....???

Because he's clearly a ballhawking DB.

FUNBUNCHER
09-29-2012, 06:10 PM

Ed Reed was a safety in college too.

EDIT: If Amerson falls to the top of the 2nd, lock he's a Redskin.

freak_of_nature
09-29-2012, 06:36 PM
EDIT: If Amerson falls to the top of the 2nd, lock he's a Redskin.

Dolphins need a FS bad.

rawdawg
09-29-2012, 06:44 PM
Ed Reed was a safety in college too.

Yeah, I was wondering what that Ed Reed comment meant.

freak_of_nature
09-30-2012, 06:36 AM
Yeah, I was wondering what that Ed Reed comment meant.

Maybe he was thinking of Antrel Rolle.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock
09-30-2012, 11:49 AM

Landry Jones was always awful.

ChiFan24
09-30-2012, 12:49 PM
I don't like that his thread implies that Jevan Snead can't cover anyone.

PossibleCabbage
09-30-2012, 01:12 PM
I don't like that his thread implies that Jevan Snead can't cover anyone.

Jevan Snead 2008: 13 interceptions
David Amerson 2011: 13 interceptions.

Then they went back to school for another year...

Witten4HOF
10-01-2012, 08:29 AM
Xavier Rhodes > David Amerson as CB, FS or any other position available.

TuckNole
10-01-2012, 12:57 PM
Best quote on twitter after Tennessee was "Looks like Amerson will get thrown at enough this year that he get a chance at another 13 ints"

no bare feet
10-01-2012, 01:19 PM
Johnathan Banks is my favorite CB in this class. Dee Milliner is a close 2nd, both top 12 picks. Amerson has crapped the bed.

TACKLE
10-01-2012, 01:25 PM
Johnathan Banks is my favorite CB in this class. Dee Milliner is a close 2nd, both top 12 picks. Amerson has crapped the bed.

I'd probably take Xavier Rhodes over both at this point.

no bare feet
10-01-2012, 03:02 PM
I'd probably take Xavier Rhodes over both at this point.

PLEASE. Watch the tape. Rhodes is a 1st rounder though.

TACKLE
10-01-2012, 03:39 PM
PLEASE. Watch the tape. Rhodes is a 1st rounder though.

I don't have coaches tape so my opinion must be invalid.

(Rhodes has been lights out this year though. He looks bigger, stronger, faster and has consistently made impressive plays on the ball. As a prospect he reminds me of Jimmy Smith but with better ball skills and better short area quickness.)

KaneMarko
10-01-2012, 03:54 PM

Mine too. I know Amerson had an unreal year last year. But for the money, I think Banks is a much better cover man IMO.

P-L
10-01-2012, 04:33 PM
He was never anywhere near the prospect he was hyped up to be, but I didn't think he was this bad either.

onejayhawk
10-01-2012, 05:52 PM

Matt Barkley says :wave:

J

marks01234
10-07-2012, 10:28 AM

Amerson outplayed Rhodes last night. Manual didn't throw a ball his way past 10 yards because he basically shut down his side of the field. Amerson held Greene in check all game and did a great job coming up and playing the run.

Amerson is a ballhawk who got abused against Miami and Tennessee on pump fakes and double moves. He didn't get much help from a pass rush in either game. Give a QB 5-7 seconds to scan the deep field and it's going to be a long day for any zone corner without deep help. Some times, I think Amerson always thinks he is the fastest player on the field and takes chances like he is.

I think he runs in the late-4.4's and plays CB in the NFL probably in the a zone scheme. I think he could easily translate into a solid FS - he can be a bigger hitter and has a frame to add 10-15 pounds. One thing to remember is that he is a true junior who only started playing football as a high school junior.

I like a Rhodes a lot too. Both guys are similar. I though Rhodes struggled some with NC State's smaller, quicker WR's - namely Palmer and Underwood. However, he didn't exactly have a pass rush helping him out and did a much better job checking 6'4" leading WR Quinton Payton. I think that if either guys can light up the combine we will see a top 10/15 pick as both guys are so big and physically impressive.

Ozzy
10-07-2012, 10:40 AM
marks01234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF
Amerson outplayed Rhodes last night. Manual didn't throw a ball his way past 10 yards because he basically shut down his side of the field. Amerson held Greene in check all game and did a great job coming up and playing the run.

Amerson is a ballhawk who got abused against Miami and Tennessee on pump fakes and double moves. He didn't get much help from a pass rush in either game. Give a QB 5-7 seconds to scan the deep field and it's going to be a long day for any zone corner without deep help. Some times, I think Amerson always thinks he is the fastest player on the field and takes chances like he is.

I think he runs in the late-4.4's and plays CB in the NFL probably in the a zone scheme. I think he could easily translate into a solid FS - he can be a bigger hitter and has a frame to add 10-15 pounds. One thing to remember is that he is a true junior who only started playing football as a high school junior.

I like a Rhodes a lot too. Both guys are similar. I though Rhodes struggled some with NC State's smaller, quicker WR's - namely Palmer and Underwood. However, he didn't exactly have a pass rush helping him out and did a much better job checking 6'4" leading WR Quinton Payton. I think that if either guys can light up the combine we will see a top 10/15 pick as both guys are so big and physically impressive.I agree in some ways, Rhodes I think has better ball skills but lacks in true speed and acceleration. Then you have Jonathan Banks, another tall corner who is far more athletic and stronger but lacks in some ball skills I feel in coverage.

Amerson, Banks and Rhodes still in the air if they are moved to safety in the NFL or not. Banks is most likely to stay at corner and honestly is the most physically impressive of the three just looking at him. Amerson will most likely stay as well but will see how he plays later on.

SchizophrenicBatman
10-07-2012, 02:00 PM
Payton is a solid WR but he gets negative separation against everyone.

Amerson had a good game last night. Probably because there was no vegas money in NC State losing

cajuncorey
10-09-2012, 09:25 PM
David Amerson is the Jevan Snead of CBs

that is some harsh criticism