Pittsburgh vs Syracuse (ESPN)
Utah State vs BYU (ESPN)

Saturday noon:
#24 Northwestern vs Penn State (ESPN)
Arkansas vs Auburn (ESPN2)
Connecticut vs #22 Rutgers (ESPNU)
Navy vs Air Force (CBS)
Kansas vs #7 Kansas State (FX)
#20 Mississippi State vs Kentucky (SECN)

Saturday afternoon:
#4 LSU vs #10 Florida (CBS)
Arizona vs #18 Stanford (FOX)
Georgia Tech vs #15 Clemson (ESPN)
#17 Oklahoma vs Texas Tech (ABC/ESPN2)
Illinois vs Wisconsin (ABC/ESPN2)

Saturday night:
Miami vs #9 Notre Dame (NBC)
#8 West Virginia vs #11 Texas (FOX)
#21 Nebraska vs #12 Ohio State (ABC)
#5 Georgia vs #6 South Carolina (ESPN)
#3 FSU vs NC State (ESPN2)
Texas A&M vs Ole Miss (ESPNU)
#23 Washington vs #2 Oregon (ESPN)

SolidGold
09-30-2012, 02:18 PM
Some really intriguing match-ups to look forward to.

WVU-Texas is the game I want to keep an eye on as Texas actually plays some semblance of defense and also runs the ball so the pace of the game will slow some. If Texas can play ball control offense and keep the defense fresh they should have a chance.

I also hope Nebraska beats OSU. Urban Meyer annoys me...thats all I got.

CashmoneyDrew
09-30-2012, 02:19 PM
Tennessee is playing the Bye week. If the Bye can run on the edges, we might be in trouble.

Halsey
09-30-2012, 05:51 PM
The UGA-USC game will feature two candidates to be the top defenders selected in the next two Drafts. Three potential first round RBs as well.

SickwithIt1010
09-30-2012, 06:30 PM
The UGA-USC game will feature two candidates to be the top defenders selected in the next two Drafts. Three potential first round RBs as well.

I agree, I cant see anyone going with someone other than Jones/Clowney on the defensive side of the ball the next 2 years.

Hurricanes25
09-30-2012, 07:21 PM
Pretty damn good slate of games. DG, what are our chances against ND?

draftguru151
09-30-2012, 08:27 PM
I'm not getting my hopes up. Gotta see how they prepare this week.

Don Vito
09-30-2012, 08:33 PM
Georgia/SC is going to be awesome

Smooth Criminal
09-30-2012, 08:37 PM
Looks like a pretty great slate of games this weekend. Big games in a lot of conferences.

sbh15
09-30-2012, 09:40 PM
after both teams' last two/three performances, I feel confident that UF/LSU is going to be a very close game. I still don't know how our lines will hold up against deeper, stronger teams like LSU, but if we do well I think UF is going to win

draftguru151
09-30-2012, 09:52 PM
Driskel is gonna get sacked 18 times.

scottyboy
09-30-2012, 10:05 PM
let's see if Rutgers can keep up the momentum. Can't have a letdown against Uconn. Pumped for the blackout

thenewfeature06
10-01-2012, 08:09 AM
Rutgers is ranked eh?

Anyway finally a good week through and through.. last week I turned the tv on at noon and saw some Illinois PSU along with the stellar Minnesota Iowa games.. tragic

Upset pick this week even though it has been a little hard for me to follow this year but I ke UF and GT this week to keep it close or even pull off the win.

draftguru151
10-01-2012, 08:30 AM
Clemson might put up 50 on GT. I could see UF winning though, should probably be a low scoring game and UFs offense could have some big plays with Driskel and Gillislee.

thenewfeature06
10-01-2012, 08:35 AM
Miami has a shot too but they would have to play really well they are clearly alot faster than ND.. and yeah but ACC games are sketchy and GT can control TOP if Clemson doesn't stop the run.

keylime_5
10-01-2012, 11:27 AM
I might go to College Gameday this weekend at Carolina if I can. Not gonna go to the game though, going to Oktoberfest and gettin' weird instead....plus Georgia fans and Carolina fans in the same building is too much annoying.

Giantsfan1080
10-01-2012, 12:08 PM
Back to action this week!! We should kill UConn but that never happens so I'm expecting a close game. Keep Chopping!

StickSkills
10-01-2012, 12:54 PM
PSU students doing a whiteout. It's also their homecoming.

CashmoneyDrew
10-01-2012, 01:53 PM
Georgia/SC is going to be awesome

Georgia is gonna roll.

bearsfan_51
10-01-2012, 02:49 PM
Anyway finally a good week through and through.. last week I turned the tv on at noon and saw some Illinois PSU along with the stellar Minnesota Iowa games.. tragic
???

All of the noon games this week suck too. Only Northwestern-Penn State is even watchable.

There is a tremendous slate of games in the evening, however. I wish they would have spread it out a little better.

Giantsfan1080
10-01-2012, 02:50 PM
???

All of the noon games this week suck too. Only Northwestern-Penn State is even watchable.

There is a tremendous slate of games in the evening, however. I wish they would have spread it out a little better.

Uconn-Rutgers doesn't tickle your fancy?

JHL6719
10-01-2012, 02:53 PM
Only Northwestern-Penn State is even watchable. .

Let's be honest, Big-Ten football is about as watchable as paint drying.... only slower.

descendency
10-01-2012, 02:53 PM
Woah! Some good games this week!

soybean
10-01-2012, 02:58 PM
USC on Thursday Prime Time! Woot!

draftguru151
10-01-2012, 02:59 PM
Both the Arky/Aub and UConn/Rutgers games are watchable. Doubt they'll be as good as the WVU or UM noon games from Saturday though. They really need to stop overloading the late games though.

draftguru151
10-01-2012, 03:00 PM

Definitely the best Thursday game so far.

JHL6719
10-01-2012, 03:31 PM
It's a shame Baylor gets a week off from helping QB's win the Heisman this week.

Best tweet of the season so far was by Cecil Hurt the other day when he quipped.... "The last time Baylor played defense was when they tried to keep Texas A&M from joining the SEC".....

Classic.

bearsfan_51
10-01-2012, 04:22 PM
Let's be honest, Big-Ten football is about as watchable as paint drying.... only slower.
TELL YOU WHAT PAAAAWWWWL. DA BAHR WOUDNAT A LET TOWSON SCUR 20 POINTS ON EM. NOSIREEEE.

imahangupandlissen

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/gYufBX9yDps/0.jpg

Babylon
10-01-2012, 04:46 PM

Will be interesting to see if Khaled Holmes is healthy enough to go against Star Lotulelei, worth the price of admission.

I was thinking that Washinton could go in to Autzen stadium and maybe sneak up on the Zeros but that's out the window after beating Stanford. Tough environment to do much for visiting teams.

JoeJoeBrown
10-01-2012, 08:52 PM
Just want to say that someone should be fired on the MSU medical staff for letting Gholston go back onto the field last week. He was knocked the **** out and they said he had the wind knocked out of him. completely ****** up in this day and age. People need to put pressure on MSU for this.

Also, that fucktard that eye gouged Hankins needs suspended.

msu nonsense (http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2012/10/1/3439514/william-gholston-knocked-out-michigan-state-ohio-state)

BuckeyeDan17
10-02-2012, 10:48 AM
Just want to say that someone should be fired on the MSU medical staff for letting Gholston go back onto the field last week. He was knocked the **** out and they said he had the wind knocked out of him. completely ****** up in this day and age. People need to put pressure on MSU for this.

msu nonsense (http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2012/10/1/3439514/william-gholston-knocked-out-michigan-state-ohio-state)

I couldn't believe it when they said he was only winded. He was ******* outcold, laying motionless on top of Braxton for like 3 minutes. Winded my ass.

MassNole
10-02-2012, 03:36 PM
N.C. State will be missing both starting tackles and a starting guard from OL against FSU this Saturday. Last year they got killed, this year Mike Glennon should fear for his safety as he doesn't have T.J. Graham to keep the defense honest on a deep ball.

P-L
10-02-2012, 06:28 PM

Nah, man. Gholston was just "stunned."

sbh15
10-02-2012, 07:12 PM
trying to not get too excited as the week goes on, but I am having a hard time envisioning a UF loss this week

49erNation85
10-02-2012, 08:41 PM
Florida is gonna pull a major upset over LSU this weekend . just saying . LSU looked like crap while Florida shelled out Kentucky . IF the gators O line can protect Drikel its Ours for the taking and on to sec champ game for Florida . First time in 3 years!!

JoeJoeBrown
10-02-2012, 09:25 PM
Nah, man. Gholston was just "stunned."

It pains me when I'm on the same side of a college football position as you :)

JoeJoeBrown
10-02-2012, 09:33 PM
http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n588/Jkm4au/Ammo/TheSpot.gif

I request a bearsfan style caption for this. This ref should have the FBI looking into his finances.

soybean
10-02-2012, 09:51 PM
I request a bearsfan style caption for this. This ref should have the FBI looking into his finances.

that's ******* disgusting...

reminds me of that video of the ref pushing the ball towards the first down marker while it was being measured.

I don't remember the teams so I can't find the video.

tjsunstein
10-02-2012, 10:03 PM
Hahahaha that gif is awful.

WVU needs to capitalize on 5 and 6 playing each other and pull out a win in Austin

JHL6719
10-02-2012, 11:41 PM
http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n588/Jkm4au/Ammo/TheSpot.gif

I remember seeing that when it happened and wondering what the hell he was doing.

Little home cookin' perhaps...

Beats doctoring up game film I suppose.

At least Urban has a list now to keep him from killing over...

1. Eat
2. Spend time with family
3. Get the hell out of the SEC
4. Doctor up game film

jrdrylie
10-03-2012, 08:21 AM
trying to not get too excited as the week goes on, but I am having a hard time envisioning a UF loss this week

I'm definitely cheering for the Gators and they are much better than I expected, but there are a lot of ways UF could lose this game. This is the toughest defense Driskell has faced all year. They should be able to get pressure on him, which is the best way to rattle a young QB. I think this game is going to be very back-and-forth probably coming down to a late field goal.

that's ******* disgusting...

reminds me of that video of the ref pushing the ball towards the first down marker while it was being measured.

I don't remember the teams so I can't find the video.

HqANJsY8gZI

bearsfan_51
10-03-2012, 02:28 PM
Coaches likely to be fired? For now, I'll go:

-John L. Smith, Arkansas (obviously)
-Derek Dooley, Tennessee (14-16, 3-2 this year)
-Jeff Tedford, California (80-52, 1-4 this year)
-Joker Phillips, Kentucky (12-18, 1-4 this year)
-Frank Spaziani, Boston College (21-22, 1-3 this year)
-Jon Embree, Colorado (4-14, 1-4 this year)
-Doug Marrone, Syracuse (18-23, 1-3 this year)
-Robb Akey, Idaho (19-48, 0-5 this year)
-Dan Enos, Central Michigan (8-20, 2-2 this year)
-DeWayne Walker, New Mexico State (10-33, 1-4 this year)
-David Bailiff, Rice (24-42, 1-4 this year)
-Bobby Hauck, UNLV (10-25, 1-4 this year)
-Jeff Quinn, Buffalo (7-21, 1-3 this year)

Not a ton of high profile jobs, but a good number of openings. Tedford's large buyout could save him. I think solid recruiting will get Edsall one more year if they don't totally tank again this year.

Don Vito
10-03-2012, 02:35 PM
Don't count out Chizik

bearsfan_51
10-03-2012, 02:39 PM
I thought about him, I just think it's a year too early. You have to get at least two years after winning a national championship, even if it had little to do with you.

Don Vito
10-03-2012, 02:41 PM
I thought about him, I just think it's a year too early. You have to get at least two years after winning a national championship, even if it had little to do with you.

I'd say a whole lot depends on how gentle Bama is with them

Giantsfan1080
10-03-2012, 02:53 PM
Holtz possibly also.

MassNole
10-03-2012, 04:01 PM
Holtz possibly also.

USF doesn't have the money to fire him.

soybean
10-03-2012, 04:11 PM
Tomorrow watch out for DE Morgan Breslin, you may never heard of him but USC LDE has about 5.5 sacks so far and plays with an extremely high motor.

Also no one throws at CB Nickell Robey.

BRAVEHEART
10-03-2012, 07:48 PM
Tomorrow watch out for DE Morgan Breslin, you may never heard of him but USC LDE has about 5.5 sacks so far and plays with an extremely high motor.

Also no one throws at CB Nickell Robey.

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lx16weeIKs1qejvmho1_250.gif

Let's keep it a secret...for now.

TACKLE
10-03-2012, 11:18 PM

Of course he does. He's productive and white.

soybean
10-04-2012, 12:53 AM
Of course he does. He's productive and white.

He's also not very athletic and comes from a good background.

yo123
10-04-2012, 12:54 AM
He's just a football player.

BuckeyeDan17
10-04-2012, 08:36 AM
The children of the corn scare me offensively. An improved Taylor Martinez and speedy abdullah could be problematic. Braxton is a problem for them too though, could be in for a shoot out.

TACKLE
10-04-2012, 10:11 AM
He's also not very athletic and comes from a good background.

I already said he was white.

bearsfan_51
10-04-2012, 10:22 AM
Miami's AD is leaving and taking the Nebraska AD job. I wonder if potential sanctions played a role, of if he just wanted a larger budget at a bigger school.

Giantsfan1080
10-04-2012, 10:35 AM
Certainly the sanctions.

draftguru151
10-04-2012, 10:42 AM
He came in after all the allegations had already come out so I can't imagine that was entirely it.

MassNole
10-04-2012, 11:03 AM
I saw rumors pop up Al Golden would be extremely interested in the Arkansas job if it was offered.

Looking at what is available I am hopeful nothing is attractive enough for Mark Stoops to leave for a HC position unless it's Arkansas.

draftguru151
10-04-2012, 11:09 AM
Woo dumb rumors.

MassNole
10-04-2012, 11:12 AM
Woo dumb rumors.

Arkansas has much more money to offer than Miami does and isn't currently facing program crippling sanctions.

draftguru151
10-04-2012, 11:41 AM
And Al Golden is linked to them because?

MassNole
10-04-2012, 11:45 AM
And Al Golden is linked to them because?

They are the best available job with an absolutely absurd amount of money at their disposal considering who they have as alumni between the Walton family and Jerry Jones. Seems like pretty much any coach they wanted can be viewed as a legitimate candidate. Now look at the sanctions Miami is facing and it really makes sense Golden would be amongst their first targets if they like him as a coach.

bearsfan_51
10-04-2012, 11:50 AM
They are the best available job with an absolutely absurd amount of money at their disposal considering who they have as alumni between the Walton family and Jerry Jones. Seems like pretty much any coach they wanted can be viewed as a legitimate candidate. Now look at the sanctions Miami is facing and it really makes sense Golden would be amongst their first targets if they like him as a coach.
Your statement has numerous hypotheticals.

Arkansas could certainly offer Jimbo Fisher a raise. Is he viewed as a "legitimate candidate"?

draftguru151
10-04-2012, 11:51 AM
But why would Golden be interested? And why does that rumor have any merit? Did Golden actually tell someone he had extreme interest in the Arkansas job? Or did someone think it sounded logical because of the sanctions that he would want to leave? I don't doubt Arkansas might have interest in Golden, but for some reason I doubt he's expressed any interest in them.

MassNole
10-04-2012, 11:53 AM
Your statement has numerous hypotheticals.

Arkansas could certainly offer Jimbo Fisher a raise. Is he viewed as a "legitimate candidate"?

They certainly could and he would certainly use that as leverage to get more money from FSU if they did. That said, he was offered their job while the HCIW at FSU and turned it down at that time.

bearsfan_51
10-04-2012, 11:53 AM
Actually, I would doubt if Arkansas is interested in Golden. There are far more accomplished candidates I would look at first if I had a big check to write.

MassNole
10-04-2012, 11:57 AM
But why would Golden be interested? And why does that rumor have any merit? Did Golden actually tell someone he had extreme interest in the Arkansas job? Or did someone think it sounded logical because of the sanctions that he would want to leave? I don't doubt Arkansas might have interest in Golden, but for some reason I doubt he's expressed any interest in them.

The Dude of WV ‏@theDudeofWV (https://twitter.com/theDudeofWV)
Arkansas has contacted Miami's Al Golden & Golden is very interested.

That's where it came from.

Why would he be interested? By the time he builds the team he wants at Miami, the NCAA sanctions will kick in and it could very well be all for not with a postseason ban and scholarship restrictions. Arkansas can offer considerably more money than Miami could come up with (really only Texas, Notre Dame, and Alabama could begin to match if Arkansas went all in).

The better question is why wouldn't Golden be interested in that job if offered?

MassNole
10-04-2012, 12:01 PM
Actually, I would doubt if Arkansas is interested in Golden. There are far more accomplished candidates I would look at first if I had a big check to write.

You're the Arkansas AD, the Walton's and Jerry Jones give you a blank check. Who do you go after? If they wanted to go the coordinator route, then I'd easily say Kirby Smart, Mark Stoops, and Chad Morris would be at the top of the list. But with their money you could go all in.

Perhaps you go after Jim Tressel or John Gruden or even an NFL HC like they did with Petrino.

Saban won't leave Alabama with what he has going on there. but with Jimmy Sexton (as I said with Fisher) they will certainly make Bama pay him more if they made a run at him.

bearsfan_51
10-04-2012, 12:10 PM
Let's say I could offer someone a contract at roughly 4 mil a year. My realistic list would probably be:

1) Mike Gundy
2) Dana Holgorsen
3) Jimbo Fisher
4) Dabo Swinney
5) Charlie Strong
6) Al Golden

Probably in that order. If I couldn't lure any of them with the big money, I'd probably either look the SEC coordinator route or someone like Sonny Dykes or Willie Taggart who are doing great things in the Sun Belt.

MassNole
10-04-2012, 12:19 PM
Let's say I could offer someone a contract at roughly 4 mil a year. My realistic list would probably be:

1) Mike Gundy
2) Dana Holgorsen
3) Jimbo Fisher
4) Dabo Swinney
5) Charlie Strong
6) Al Golden

Probably in that order. If I couldn't lure any of them with the big money, I'd probably either look the SEC coordinator route or someone like Sonny Dykes or Willie Taggart who are doing great things in the Sun Belt.

I'd go with Chad Morris well before Dabo Swinney.

bearsfan_51
10-04-2012, 12:23 PM
Previous coaching experience matters a lot to me. A lot of smart coordinators have fallen on their face when they make that leap, especially directly to a big program.

MassNole
10-04-2012, 12:27 PM
Previous coaching experience matters a lot to me. A lot of smart coordinators have fallen on their face when they make that leap, especially directly to a big program.

Fair enough, but in this case it's evident Morris is the brains of the operation at Clemson. Swinney would get killed in the SEC. Morris would also open up valuable lines into Texas as a former HS coach there for recruiting purposes. Arkansas needs to find an A+ level recruiter and game day coach to legitimately compete in the SEC West. If I were them, I'd look defensive minded coach first, but looking at what is available, it seems they'd have to be willing to open the wallet for a DC to come on board.

On your list from most to least likely I'd say:
1) Dana Holgorsen
2) Al Golden
3) Charlie Strong
4) Dabo Swinney
5) Jimbo Fisher
6) Mike Gundy

T. Boone Pickens wouldn't hesitate to open up the wallet for Gundy and has a better chance to win at Oklahoma State than Arkansas. Fisher would certainly use Arkansas for leverage to get more money from FSU, but again the path to win at FSU is much easier than at Arkansas. Charlie Strong would be a great candidate, except for a reason we shouldn't go into here but we all know.

asdf1223
10-04-2012, 06:36 PM
This is fantastic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM-sLoo3YDc&feature=youtu.be

SickwithIt1010
10-04-2012, 06:55 PM
A guy who I think will have a ton of buzz when it comes to open positions is Greg Roman the OC for the 49ers. Was Penn State's top candidate and is very John Harbaugh-ish lol.

I could also see Holgorson getting a ton of love. But would his offense fit in the SEC? Would have to find himself one helluva DC because that one at WV wouldnt do the trick.

hawkeye123
10-04-2012, 08:03 PM
Holmes was clearly the reason SC lost to Stanford...

SickwithIt1010
10-04-2012, 08:10 PM

Yes he did get dominated there, but hes still playing with a bum ankle you realize that right? Against one of the best defensive players in the country.

soybean
10-04-2012, 08:11 PM

overreaction over two plays? He's clearly rusty.

Bert Macklin
10-04-2012, 08:13 PM
USC is making my day.

SickwithIt1010
10-04-2012, 08:14 PM
USC is making my day.

Im sure it is, I bet you were a wreck after LSU barely skated past Towsen.

Prowler
10-04-2012, 08:15 PM
Barkley could have been starting for Seattle or Miami...instead he's handing off to Lotulelei. I wonder if he'd like a redo on that decision.

soybean
10-04-2012, 08:15 PM
What the **** has gotten into this team?

Bert Macklin
10-04-2012, 08:17 PM
Im sure it is, I bet you were a wreck after LSU barely skated past Towsen.

Sure we should have beat them by more but in what universe is winning a game by 2 scores "skating by"?

soybean
this guy is a monster.

Prowler
They didn't even try to block him...

SickwithIt1010
10-04-2012, 08:18 PM
Sure we should have beat them by more but in what universe is winning a game by 2 scores "skating by"?

Umm, its Towsen?

soybean
10-04-2012, 08:31 PM
TJ McDonald just Walls of Jericho'd him.

Brothgar
10-04-2012, 08:38 PM
Star Lotulelei is such a beastly manimal it isn't even funny.

BRAVEHEART
10-04-2012, 08:55 PM
Entertaining game.

SickwithIt1010
10-04-2012, 08:56 PM
Star Lotulelei is such a beastly manimal it isn't even funny.

I think thats an understatement.

BRAVEHEART
10-04-2012, 09:02 PM
I think USC is making him look better than he really is.

soybean
10-04-2012, 09:05 PM
Can't believe we let up a deep pass and a third down for a touchdown.

The secondary needs to pull their weight.

SickwithIt1010
10-04-2012, 09:09 PM
Sick catch Telfer

SolidGold
10-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Sick catch Telfer

Perfect pass by Barkley too!!!

soybean
10-04-2012, 09:27 PM
Put Dj Khaled in as FB he needs to make up for those 14 points he gifted them.

draftguru151
10-04-2012, 09:40 PM
What a lame flag to call to completely ruin that play.

SolidGold
10-04-2012, 10:39 PM
how the **** does he not catch that perfect pass?!!

soybean
10-04-2012, 11:10 PM
Is that Lacy guy on Utah a Pro Prospect? Mildly impressed with him today.

Grizzlegom
10-05-2012, 12:49 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/298694_3815504473986_248411850_n.jpg

draftguru151
10-05-2012, 07:38 PM
Fantastic Grizz.

bearsfan_51
10-05-2012, 07:43 PM
From the Big Ten thread:

I said this elsewhere, but he's not wrong. He's there for football. He knows that. Urban Meyer knows that. Ohio State knows that. The NCAA knows that.

The whole premise of the "student-athlete" is just used to justify not paying these minor league players.

Ohio State specifically picks ******** classes where these kids don't have to spend anytime studying or doing work. Let's not kid ourselves that this is about academics at all.

It's better or worse depending on the institution, but it's pretty much a joke everywhere.

Prowler
10-05-2012, 07:54 PM
"we ain't come to play SCHOOL," is now one of my favorite quotes.

Giantsfan1080
10-05-2012, 07:59 PM
"we ain't come to play SCHOOL," is now one of my favorite quotes.

Seconded here.

soybean
10-05-2012, 08:03 PM
From the Big Ten thread:

I said this elsewhere, but he's not wrong. He's there for football. He knows that. Urban Meyer knows that. Ohio State knows that. The NCAA knows that.

The whole premise of the "student-athlete" is just used to justify not paying these minor league players.

Ohio State specifically picks ******** classes where these kids don't have to spend anytime studying or doing work. Let's not kid ourselves that this is about academics at all.

It's better or worse depending on the institution, but it's pretty much a joke everywhere.

I just found it funny that he would choose "we ain't come here to play school"

The way I see it is football is essentially an internship for their real world profession.

to a point he's right school is to an extent pointless, what's important is work experience.

However, there's only a handful of guys who will make it to the NFL. You would think they'd use their opportunity at a full scholarship to get a degree in a field which they can actually put to use in the future.

bearsfan_51
10-05-2012, 08:05 PM
Have you all never read a high school recruit's twitter before? At least all the words he used are real words.

bearsfan_51
10-05-2012, 08:09 PM
However, there's only a handful of guys who will make it to the NFL. You would think they'd use their opportunity at a full scholarship to get a degree in a field which they can actually put to use in the future.

1) Most of them come from places where the public education system resembles something you would find in Zimbabwe. In many cases, they neither have the appreciation for education, nor the necessary skills to do well.

2) They are recruited with dreams of the NFL pumped into their heads. Combine that with the natural arrogance of being a young kid and the adoration they've received all of their lives. Almost every kid at a school like Ohio State is expecting to play in the NFL. It's stupid, but it's true.

3) Even if they had the necessary skills, intellect, and ambition to do well in school, they are severely limited in the amount of time they have to do take serious classes. Challenging classes are usually discouraged so that kids can stay eligible and APR numbers are kept high. Any coach that says otherwise is lying.

As a graduate assistant at Minnesota for 5 years, I saw one college football or basketball player in any of my classes, and he was a walk-on. Conversely, I had many student athletes from pretty much every other sport (baseball, hockey, track, every women's sport there was). Now, I teach at a D3 school, and I have a ton of football players because they aren't sheltered from real classes. It's not a coincidence.

I get that the kid is going to be mocked, and he is clearly pretty stupid, but people should also take this as an opportunity to consider just what the hell college athletics is all about. He's not an abnormality.

draftguru151
10-05-2012, 08:31 PM
Syracuse has some ball players on defense.

Giantsfan1080
10-05-2012, 08:32 PM
These teams are AWFUL, DG.

CashmoneyDrew
10-05-2012, 10:48 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/298694_3815504473986_248411850_n.jpg

Am I missing something, or can this dude not spell his own name properly?

yo123
10-05-2012, 11:39 PM
I go to a school with only D1 hockey, and almost never see a player even in the hallway. That's just how high level college athletics work, this dude just had the balls to say it.

yo123
10-06-2012, 12:00 AM
In case there actually is another person on this earth watching this game right now, why is BYU in the hurry up when they're up in a 6-3 game in the 4th quarter?

scottyboy
10-06-2012, 07:21 AM
first drink was just to "**** Uconn". so there's that. sorry forenci, but I hate you today. Let's go Rutgers!!!!

draftguru151
10-06-2012, 07:44 AM
These teams are AWFUL, DG.

I was literally 9/10ths asleep watching that game but Brandon Sharpe and Shamarko Thomas looked pretty good.

CATHOLICS VS CONVICTS TONIGHT LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

draftguru151
10-06-2012, 07:45 AM
I go to a school with only D1 hockey, and almost never see a player even in the hallway. That's just how high level college athletics work, this dude just had the balls to say it.

I don't think balls is the right word.

Smooth Criminal
10-06-2012, 07:55 AM
Brandon Saine was in one of my Econ classes. A 500 level Econ class that we got graded on attendance. He showed up twice out of 20 classes to take the midterm and the final.

Laurinitis was in my calc class. Quite the opposite tho, he sat in the front row everyday and blocked half the board with his gigantic neck and shoulders.

Ill never care about what players think about their classes. We don't bother pretending to think they're there for academics, so why should they? Why bother making them take underwater basket weaving just so we can call them "students."

Giantsfan1080
10-06-2012, 09:06 AM
Ahh I can't wait till 12. I can't wait to mess those Huskies up. I'm an idiot for not going to the game.

Giantsfan1080
10-06-2012, 11:11 AM
Love our black uni's except for having our F.A.M.I.L.Y acronym on the nameplate. Cheesy.

niel89
10-06-2012, 11:21 AM
The Wildcats are about to be tamed to day!

Giantsfan1080
10-06-2012, 11:26 AM
3-0 early. Defense looks awesome per usu.

SuperMcGee
10-06-2012, 11:48 AM
first drink was just to "**** Uconn". so there's that. sorry forenci, but I hate you today. Let's go Rutgers!!!!

I love occasions to hate Forenci! Go Rutgers!

Bert Macklin
10-06-2012, 12:06 PM
Anyone catch this sign this morning?

http://i.imgur.com/Df9wg.jpg

Babylon
10-06-2012, 12:42 PM
i must've missed when penn state turned into notre dame.

Might as well put all Wake Forest games on too, they're equally lousy.

Grizzlegom
10-06-2012, 12:49 PM
That pi against penn state was terrible. Happened right in front of.me. bad call. Obrien went after the ref. Fitzgerald went after obrien. Harbaugh-schwartz interchange. Fitz turned around and made a hilarious face at the bench, it was great.

draftguru151
10-06-2012, 12:51 PM
Do people still think Logan Thomas is a QB?

SuperMcGee
10-06-2012, 01:37 PM
I hate not being able to throw in the MAC. But freshman RB Devin Campbell is having a fine game. Center Trevor Sales is mauling people out there.

Giantsfan1080
10-06-2012, 01:53 PM
I love this Rutgers D!!!!!

princefielder28
10-06-2012, 01:55 PM
Dennis Johnson is an underrated prospect

Babylon
10-06-2012, 01:58 PM
Not that it means that much but LSU struggled against Auburn? Won't be shocked if the Tigers lose at UF today.

G Mobile
10-06-2012, 02:06 PM
Just had to kick an Asian family of 4 out of my seats. It was terrible and they didn't speak great english

draftguru151
10-06-2012, 02:24 PM
Logan4TheOppositeofHeisman

Babylon
10-06-2012, 02:24 PM
I guess we're supposed to rally around the Penn State program this year. I'll pass.

SuperMcGee
10-06-2012, 02:25 PM
Dri Archer with his 3rd kick return touchdown of the year. Followed it up with a 64-yard touchdown run later in the quarter. Always a threat. Leads nation in all-purpose yards and has 11 total touchdowns in just under 5 games. Weighs as much as I do, but he sure is fun.

G Mobile
10-06-2012, 02:29 PM
I guess we're supposed to rally around the Penn State program this year. I'll pass.

The community is really gonna get behind these kids.

Rob S
10-06-2012, 02:38 PM
I rarely venture into these parts, but Go Gators! Watching Driskel grow up this season has been an absolute joy to watch.

draftguru151
10-06-2012, 03:05 PM
McCray is so beastly.

SickwithIt1010
10-06-2012, 03:08 PM
Yes, I am seriously starting to get pissed off when I wake up every week to turn on college football and the first game on is a Penn State game. Like are you fist ******* me? I could give two shits.

draftguru151
10-06-2012, 03:11 PM
How in the world can people watch Driskel play and think he actually is a real QB.

G Mobile
10-06-2012, 03:21 PM
Toilolo looking real good on that drive. Nice long catch and run and then a TD in the back of the end zone.

Nunez can only hit wide open guys that he can see. He holds it too long and won't throw it if he can't see that a guy is open

TitanHope
10-06-2012, 03:31 PM
Mettenception? Merciful heaven, WHAT HAVE I DONE?!

draftguru151
10-06-2012, 03:34 PM
Jeff "3 sack" Driskel.

Bert Macklin
10-06-2012, 03:35 PM
I hate you Mettenfailure

SickwithIt1010
10-06-2012, 04:01 PM
Get rid of the rock Driskall.

TitanHope
10-06-2012, 04:02 PM
Nice one, Aikman Jr.

draftguru151
10-06-2012, 04:02 PM
5 sacks with 2 minutes left in the half. Don't think they'll get to my prediction of 18. :(

JRTPlaya21
10-06-2012, 04:03 PM
Driskel is a scrub.

FuzzyGopher
10-06-2012, 04:04 PM
Nice one, Aikman Jr.

It was such a great comparison because they have similar hair.

scottyboy
10-06-2012, 04:05 PM
Love our black uni's except for having our F.A.M.I.L.Y acronym on the nameplate. Cheesy.

really? i liked it. we're awesome

draftguru151
10-06-2012, 04:09 PM
LSUs offensive staff continues to be a ******* joke.

G Mobile
10-06-2012, 04:12 PM
Toilolo actually looks athletic today. Making dynamic catches.

Bert Macklin
10-06-2012, 04:13 PM
LSUs offensive staff continues to be a ******* joke.

Let's call 2 time outs in a row to call a jump pass play to a 5th string running back.

princefielder28
10-06-2012, 04:26 PM
Terry Hawthorne in rough shape for Illinois

Giantsfan1080
10-06-2012, 04:35 PM
really? i liked it. we're awesome

I think it's small time. We are awesome though.

yo123
10-06-2012, 04:45 PM
The half jersey look is not a good look, Elam.

Don Vito
10-06-2012, 04:46 PM
Matt Elam is flying around everywhere

G Mobile
10-06-2012, 04:48 PM
We have a good ball game in Palo Alto.

Pit Bull #53
10-06-2012, 04:59 PM
these announcers are ******* morons. (florida/lsu)

and as i post, they somehow get worse. neither of these guys should be employed by anyone, ever, after this.

Yes, Verne and Gary are just the worst, and I pray for the day that they are replaced. Verne should start decomposing any day now, so he cant have too long left.

JRTPlaya21
10-06-2012, 05:04 PM
I love the way Matt Elam plays football.

draftguru151
10-06-2012, 05:04 PM
Matt Elam is such a monster.

Rob S
10-06-2012, 05:05 PM
That's definitely a fumble. Elam's a boss.

JRTPlaya21
10-06-2012, 05:11 PM
Two words you never ever hear......Duke football! lol

Giantsfan1080
10-06-2012, 05:14 PM
Two words you never ever hear......Duke football! lol

Cutcliffe is the man. Awesome coach.

TitanHope
10-06-2012, 05:16 PM
Cutcliffe is the man. Awesome coach.

I miss him. Jim Chaney is fine, but I just drool over what Cut could do with Bray.

Giantsfan1080
10-06-2012, 05:16 PM
I miss him. Jim Chaney is fine, but I just drool over what Cut could do with Bray.

I love what he did for Eli. The new Kesha song is the ****!

yo123
10-06-2012, 05:22 PM
LSU's defense is just getting gashed all of a sudden.

draftguru151
10-06-2012, 05:22 PM
Gillislee is a beast. LSU sucks.

JRTPlaya21
10-06-2012, 05:24 PM
I'm sure Sbh is somewhere completely hammered right about now.

draftguru151
10-06-2012, 05:27 PM
Elam is gonna hurt somebody.

TitanHope
I love what he did for Eli. The new Kesha song is the ****!

I haven't heard it! :/ But I believe you!

If Dooley doesn't win 8 games and his bowl game, then there's a chance Cut could be brought back as a HC. They went after him after the Kiffin debacle, but negotiations fell through because Cut wanted to bring his entire staff, while then AD Mike Hamilton wanted to keep the coaches who stayed, such as Jim Chaney and Lance Thompson. That likely wouldn't be the case this time, although Cut would be wise to keep a certain few.

yo123
Matt Elam is ******* mean. Some Polamalu in him? Dude has a nose for the ball.

JRTPlaya21
10-06-2012, 05:28 PM
He kind of reminds me of Eric Berry too minus the killer ball-hawking instincts.

draftguru151
10-06-2012, 05:44 PM
Tommy Rees starting tonight against Miami. Not sure if that's good or bad for us.

hawkeye123
10-06-2012, 05:44 PM
Wow Josh Nunes has been terrific in the 2nd half. He's carried Stanford back into this game.

G Mobile
10-06-2012, 05:47 PM
**** is getting real with Nunez.

OT coming up

JRTPlaya21
10-06-2012, 05:55 PM
Poor Mad Hatter.

SickwithIt1010
10-06-2012, 05:56 PM
#Mettensavior

hawkeye123
10-06-2012, 05:56 PM
Helluva game between Arizona/Stanford

G Mobile
10-06-2012, 05:59 PM
Spooge maximum

Brent
10-06-2012, 06:02 PM
I don't care if I am alone in this, but I like Maryland's uniforms.

Also, gig 'em Aggies!

Don Vito
10-06-2012, 06:02 PM
LSU has zero offense

Don Vito
10-06-2012, 06:03 PM
I don't care if I am alone in this, but I like Maryland's uniforms.

Also, gig 'em Aggies!

Not today senor

bearsfan_51
10-06-2012, 06:05 PM
Eat ****, Les Miles. I don't like the SEC in general, but there's a special place in my heart for Saban, Spurrier, and Miles. Florida and Georgia seem like the good programs.

sbh15
10-06-2012, 06:06 PM
elam 4 heisman

Giantsfan1080
10-06-2012, 06:07 PM
I'm sorry but I dislike Gus Johnson. I don't know why everyone gets a hard on for this guy.

bearsfan_51
10-06-2012, 06:09 PM
I'm sorry but I dislike Gus Johnson. I don't know why everyone gets a hard on for this guy.
I don't like him either. It's the same **** over and over again. He blows his wad on a 6-yard run.

SickwithIt1010
10-06-2012, 06:10 PM
Well that was fast...wow, Geno.

Giantsfan1080
10-06-2012, 06:10 PM
I don't like him either. It's the same **** over and over again. He blows his wad on a 6-yard run.

Good. He's screaming at the top of his lungs on a kickoff after 5 yards. Get that **** out of here.

WV offense made that look easy. Yikes does anyone in the Big 12 play D?

JRTPlaya21
10-06-2012, 06:18 PM
elam 4 heisman

And Thorpe & whatever else they give defensive players.

draftguru151
10-06-2012, 06:19 PM
Screaming is exciting what is wrong with you nerds.

yo123
10-06-2012, 06:20 PM
God I hate all of you. Gus Johnson is a legend.

Cigaro
10-06-2012, 06:22 PM
Well that was impressive.

Don Vito
10-06-2012, 06:27 PM
What a freakin play bay Holloman

Babylon
10-06-2012, 06:30 PM
How in the world can people watch Driskel play and think he actually is a real QB.

Probably good to keep in mind he's only had about 4 starts in his career and is going against one of the two best defenses in the country. Something tells me if he played for the Canes you'd think differently.

Cigaro
10-06-2012, 06:38 PM
Great start so far. Connor Shaw is picking up exactly where he left off.

princefielder28
10-06-2012, 06:39 PM
Georgia in a hole early

draftguru151
10-06-2012, 06:40 PM
Probably good to keep in mind he's only had about 4 starts in his career and is going against one of the two best defenses in the country. Something tells me if he played for the Canes you'd think differently.

Not at all, I thought the same thing when he was in high school that I do now, dude has no feel for the position. He's a spread running QB who is trying to pretend to be a drop back passer and it's obvious he's not comfortable doing it. If he was a Cane I'd be 10 times more vocal about him not having the intelligence to play the position. Dude has been sacked 17 times already this year, almost all of which are on him. He plays in an extremely simple offense and barely has to make any reads at all, and he still struggles with mental problems and holding onto the ball too long.

GO CANES!!!!!!!!!!!!

FuzzyGopher
10-06-2012, 06:40 PM
Wtf is Notre Dame wearing?

Hurricanes25
10-06-2012, 06:41 PM
C'mon Dorsett. Miami just missed a long TD.

Borat
10-06-2012, 06:41 PM
LOL Dorsett.

Borat
10-06-2012, 06:43 PM
LOL Dorsett ... again.

Pat Sims 90
Dorsett sucks 2 dropped TDs already.

draftguru151
What the **** Dorsett. 2 dropped TDs on one drive.

Don Vito
10-06-2012, 06:44 PM
Gamecocks bout to blow the doors off. What a return.

JRTPlaya21
10-06-2012, 06:44 PM
UGA is getting wrecked.

Cigaro
10-06-2012, 06:45 PM
This...this is beautiful.

Pit Bull #53
Ace is unreal. That was a great return

SickwithIt1010
You are so good at tackling, Texas.

Don Vito
UGA needs to settle and put a drive together like they can.

Babylon
10-06-2012, 06:46 PM
Not at all, I thought the same thing when he was in high school that I do now, dude has no feel for the position. He's a spread running QB who is trying to pretend to be a drop back passer and it's obvious he's not comfortable doing it. If he was a Cane I'd be 10 times more vocal about him not having the intelligence to play the position. Dude has been sacked 17 times already this year, almost all of which are on him. He plays in an extremely simple offense and barely has to make any reads at all, and he still struggles with mental problems and holding onto the ball too long.

GO CANES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jake Locker was a spread QB out of highschool who could run and had a cannon for an arm. I think you'll see Driskel follow that same path and be a top 10 pick, if not higher, in two years. We'll see who calls this one right down the road.

princefielder28
10-06-2012, 06:47 PM
Tavon Austin reminds me so much of Percy Harvin

Babylon
10-06-2012, 06:47 PM
You are so good at tackling, Texas.

I was told they had a great defense there and i'm not seeing it.

Cigaro
10-06-2012, 06:49 PM
Clowney is just ridiculous.

draftguru151
What a joke refs.

Don Vito
Clowney is foolishly good. I would give anything for the pats to get him in 14.

SickwithIt1010
10-06-2012, 06:53 PM
I was told they had a great defense there and i'm not seeing it.

Thats what I hear too, but then I just remember that they play in the Big 12.

Brent
10-06-2012, 06:55 PM
Not today senor
When they game ends, I will like you, again. Until then, eat **** and die, confederate scum.

fenikz
10-06-2012, 06:56 PM
these refs are horrible

mqtirishfan
This is beyond ********. Are you ******* kidding me?

Borat
The only thing that wasn't on the ground was the ******* ball. Nice one refs.

M.O.T.H.
10-06-2012, 06:58 PM
This is freaking amazing right now. Seriously, how much faster does Connor Shaw look this year? Kid is flying. He looks absolutely fantastic this season.

And Ace Sanders is so incredibly dynamic...his returns have just been absurd this year.

fenikz
10-06-2012, 06:58 PM
2 dropped TD, 1 dropped INT, 1 being blocked into the punter aka "roughing", late hit in bounds and a ND touchdown

great start :/

Babylon
10-06-2012, 06:59 PM
How does that Texas DB not intercept that pass.

Don Vito
10-06-2012, 07:02 PM
When they game ends, I will like you, again. Until then, eat **** and die, confederate scum.

Carpetbagging scum, get it right. Jeez

princefielder28
West Virginia LT Quinton Spain has had a great game so far

Babylon
That's enough talk about a good Texas defense. They stink.

mqtirishfan
Now, will Kelly go back to Rees and complete the cycle of retardation?

Babylon
10-06-2012, 07:03 PM
West Virginia LT Quinton Spain has had a great game so far

That offensive line is just getting it done. Reminds me of the Auburn line when they won the NC.

mqtirishfan
10-06-2012, 07:05 PM
How dare the refs call a clear ******* hold.

Bert Macklin
10-06-2012, 07:05 PM
Gillislee is a beast. LSU sucks.

Ha a Miami fan saying another team sucks. Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black.

princefielder28
10-06-2012, 07:07 PM
what a hit by Joseph

Don Vito
10-06-2012, 07:08 PM
Clowney just woe

M.O.T.H.
10-06-2012, 07:10 PM
Speaking of, Don Vito....sacccccccccccccck

Don Vito
Dude is just unbelievable

Cigaro
Clowney Clowney Clowney

Brent
10-06-2012, 07:12 PM
Carpetbagging scum, get it right. Jeez
Forgot you're a ******* yankee piece of ****.

Don Vito
10-06-2012, 07:13 PM
Much better

SickwithIt1010
Ha a Miami fan saying another team sucks. Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black.

He never said Miami was a juggernaut by any means. LSU does suck.

M.O.T.H.
I gotta tell ya...it feels fantastic to land the Lattimore's and Clowney's these days. haha. They're breeding freaks in South Carolina...just not at QB. But hey, at least we're landing these guys. The recruiting process and pursuit of them was incredibly nerve racking, tho.

Brent
10-06-2012, 07:14 PM
Geno Smith makes me wanna be a better black QB

draftguru151
10-06-2012, 07:15 PM
He never said Miami was a juggernaut by any means. LSU does suck.

I hate when people do that so much. My team is completely irrelevant to another team sucking. Then again there is a reason Bert has been banned from here 47 times.

M.O.T.H.
10-06-2012, 07:16 PM
I remember when I didnt like Connor Shaw. Dude is such a baller.

Cigaro
10-06-2012, 07:18 PM
LSU doesn't suck. Florida is a very good team. LSU was overrated, yes, and they certainly aren't as good as they were last year, but they are still one of the top teams in the nation.

SickwithIt1010
10-06-2012, 07:21 PM
I hate when people do that so much. My team is completely irrelevant to another team sucking. Then again there is a reason Bert has been banned from here 47 times.

Yeah, some people feel that you saying "LSU sucks" is actually "LSU sucks, My hurricanes are soooooooooo much better its not even funny man!". If a team sucks a team sucks, thats all there is to it lol. No reason to take a shot at the posters team. Cmon now.

SickwithIt1010
10-06-2012, 07:22 PM
LSU doesn't suck. Florida is a very good team. LSU was overrated, yes, and they certainly aren't as good as they were last year, but they are still one of the top teams in the nation.

They suck compared to the type of hype they get.

JRTPlaya21
Geno Smith makes me wanna be a better black QB

Hahahahaha that is priceless Brent.

draftguru151

Obviously I was exaggerating, their defense is still top 5 in the country, but their offense is absolutely terrible this year.

JRTPlaya21
10-06-2012, 07:23 PM
Oh and LSU sucks. I tried telling some posters on here that they wouldn't go undefeated. Choke on it!!

RufusMcDaniel
10-06-2012, 07:24 PM
Texas defence coming up big here.

Don Vito
10-06-2012, 07:25 PM
What a throw and catch

M.O.T.H.
10-06-2012, 07:26 PM
After last year's game, I thought Georgia had us this year. No chance.

draftguru151
10-06-2012, 07:27 PM
Denzel hits so hard.

M.O.T.H.
10-06-2012, 07:28 PM
DJ Swearinger and Shaq Wilson...get off my lawn.