PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Mid-Season Forum Mock Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3

BeerBaron
10-01-2012, 11:43 AM
We're a little over a quarter of the way through the 2012 NFL season and there have already been some requests to do a forum mock.

The plan is for me to extrapolate a draft order based on the results so far this season and complete 3 rounds of the 2013 draft.

Sign up is simple. Simply send an email with the following information to me at forummockbb@gmail.com:

1.) Username:
2.) Cell Phone #:
3.) Preferred Teams:

Your cell phone number will only be used for me to text you when you are up if you wish. It can be helpful to avoid me picking for you and you can also text me your pick if you are unable to get to a computer.

If you are willing to take any team, please say so. It helps us fill up faster gives me more flexibility when assigning teams. I know some of you frequently take teams that aren't your own, so if you really want your own team this time, let me know and I'll do my best to get you that team.

Please also include if you are willing to work with a Co-GM. Co-GMs are expected to work together and to keep eachother apprised of possible moves or deals. Both will have the power to make trades or selections.

There will be a 2 hour time limit for the first round and a 1 hour time limit for all other rounds. The clock will stop between Midnight and 9am Eastern. These are the hours I will be awake and most active, so please send big boards if you aren't going to be around during that time.

Speaking of boards, Please for the love of god send them if you aren't going to be around! This makes things easier and more efficient all around for everyone.

Additionally, the time limit is not for you to sit around and wait for a trade offer. Please try to work those out before hand via conditional trades. (Ex. If player A is on the board, this trade goes through. If not, no trade.) If it is your pick and I see that you are only wasting time waiting for a trade, I reserve the right to cut your time limit in half. I will be fair and if I can tell you are actively working on one, I won't penalize you. But sitting there asking "does anyone want to trade?" over and over while wasting time will not fly.

To submit a trade, have both parties send me a PM, email or message on IRC if I am there. I must receive the details from both sides. You can send it via any of those methods, just make sure it gets to me.

Also, all trades must involve at least one draft pick. No player for player trades here. I reserve the right to veto any trades that I find unrealistic. In pick for pick trades, try to stick close to the "Official Trade Chart" though I won't force you to be exact.

Another thing, please sign into IRC when you can. It's helpful for discussing the draft and working out trades and such. You can login here: http://www.gamesurge.net/chat/ I'll be on when I can. Channel is #forummock I think. (Someone can correct me.)

Use your username from here when you sign it. It can sometimes be helpful to add a "(Team X GM) after your name so people know.

I'll take email applications until I can fill up all the teams. I don't plan on taking a team, though if there are leftovers, I'll step in.

The plan is to take applications this week and start up with a time limit on Wednesday Oct. 10. The reason for this is because I will not be around at all this weekend. I will give everyone a few days to sign up and I will also try to PM the regulars to make sure they are aware of this.

Official Draft Order/Team Assignments:

Cleveland Browns (0-5, 2-14) - Shane
Jacksonville Jaguars (1-4, 3-13) - Unbiased
Tennessee Titans (1-4, 3-13) - PrinceFielder
Kansas City Chiefs (1-4, 3-13) - T-Rich49
Oakland Raiders (1-3, 4-12) - RaiderNation
Tampa Bay Bucs (1-3, 4-12) - Caddy
Carolina Panthers (1-4, 4-12) - ncst8fan
Indianapolis Colts (2-2, 5-11) - MaxV/Killxswitch
Miami Dolphins (2-3, 5-11) - Grizzlegom
Buffalo Bills (2-3, 5-11) - RedBills
New Orleans Saints (1-4, 5-11) - CJ
New York Jets (2-3, 6-10) - Derza/Hurricanes
Detroit Lions (1-3, 6-10) - Broth
Dallas Cowboys (2-2, 6-10) - D-Unit
St. Louis Rams (3-2, 7-9) - TheBoyWonder22
Washington Redskins (2-3, 7-9) - BeerBaron
Seattle Seahawks (3-2, 8-8) - Shane
New York Giants (3-2, 9-7) - Scottyboy/OSUGiants
Pittsburgh Steelers (3-2, 9-7) - Hines
Green Bay Packers (2-3, 10-6) - SuperPacker
Denver Broncos (2-3, 10-6)* - DraftGuru
Minnesota Vikings (4-1, 10-6)* - Prock
Cincinnati Bengals (3-2, 10-6)* - Docta
Arizona Cardinals (4-1, 10-6)* - Fenikz
Philadelphia Eagles (3-2, 10-6)** - ToddBertuzzi
Chicago Bears (4-1, 11-5)** - JRDrylie
New England Patriots (3-2, 11-5)** - MatthewJones
San Diego Chargers (3-2, 11-5)** - Marshallb
Baltimore Ravens (4-1, 12-4)** - Tackle
San Francisco 49ers (4-1, 12-4)** - PrinceFielder
Atlanta Falcons (5-0, 13-3)** - Bosanac
Houston Texans (5-0, 13-3)** - ImBrotherCain

Caddy
10-01-2012, 08:54 PM
If nobody takes the Bucs, I'll take them. If someone wants them, they can have them.

ImBrotherCain
10-01-2012, 08:58 PM
Don't let Chucky... I mean Caddy in. Hes just going to troll.

BeerBaron
10-02-2012, 10:13 AM
11 sign ups so far. Keep them coming.

BeerBaron
10-02-2012, 11:19 AM
Draft order I'm thinking about using:

Cleveland Browns (0-4, 2-14)
Jacksonville Jaguars (1-3, 3-13)
Miami Dolphins (1-3, 4-12)
Tennessee Titans (1-3, 4-12)
Kansas City Chiefs (1-3, 4-12)
Oakland Raiders (1-3, 4-12)
Tampa Bay Bucs (1-3, 4-12)
Indianapolis Colts (1-2, 4-12)
Carolina Panthers (1-3, 5-11)
New Orleans Saints (0-4, 5-11)
New York Jets (2-2, 6-10)
St. Louis Rams (2-2, 6-10)
Detroit Lions (1-3, 6-10)
Dallas Cowboys (2-2, 6-10)
Seattle Seahawks (2-2, 7-9)
Buffalo Bills (2-2, 7-9)
Washington Redskins (2-2, 8-8)
Pittsburgh Steelers (1-2, 8-8)
New York Giants (2-2, 8-8)
Minnesota Vikings (3-1, 9-7)
Denver Broncos (2-2, 10-6)*
Chicago Bears (3-1, 10-6)*
Cincinnati Bengals (3-1, 10-6)*
Arizona Cardinals (4-0, 10-6)*
Philadelphia Eagles (3-1, 10-6)**
Green Bay Packers (2-2, 11-5)**
New England Patriots (2-2, 11-5)**
San Diego Chargers (3-1, 11-5)**
Baltimore Ravens (3-1, 12-4)**
San Francisco 49ers (3-1, 12-4)**
Atlanta Falcons (4-0, 13-3)**
Houston Texans (4-0, 13-3)**

The second record listed is a projection based on how I see them finishing. The playoff teams are fleshed out appropriately with each division winner represented (**) and two wildcards from each conference (*). I'll probably write a little blurb for each team about how they came to end up where they did as well.

I'll probably readjust a bit after this weekends games before we start drafting, but that is my starting point.

Hines
10-02-2012, 06:44 PM
App sent. Excited to start this.

fenikz
10-02-2012, 06:48 PM
just sent, but should probably advertise more no clue how i saw this thread

BeerBaron
10-02-2012, 07:52 PM
just sent, but should probably advertise more no clue how i saw this thread

I will once we get closer.

T-RICH49
10-02-2012, 08:43 PM
App sent (10 char)

BeerBaron
10-03-2012, 09:48 AM
We've got 17 applications so far, but a couple of those are guys requesting to co-GM the same team. So we're about halfway filled up with with a few days to go. There are a few regulars whose applications I haven't gotten yet, so I'll PM them soon.

ImBrotherCain
10-03-2012, 11:22 AM
We've got 17 applications so far, but a couple of those are guys requesting to co-GM the same team. So we're about halfway filled up with with a few days to go. There are a few regulars whose applications I haven't gotten yet, so I'll PM them soon.

Like I said in the email I don't have a problem GMing any team. I would prefer the ones I listed and if you need/ want to put me with someone to co-gm that is cool with me.

princefielder28
10-03-2012, 11:30 AM
I'll send an application some time today

redbills
10-04-2012, 02:15 PM
Bills suck they might win like 3 more games. Glenn and Urbik hurt now and they were playing good. Plus Fitz sucks. Mario okay yea way to play vs the Jets and Pats buddy, steal that 90 mill..

BeerBaron
10-04-2012, 02:17 PM
Bills suck they might win like 3 more games. Glenn and Urbik hurt now and they were playing good. Plus Fitz sucks. Mario okay yea way to play vs the Jets and Pats buddy, steal that 90 mill..

I picked the Bills as a wildcard team before the season and, god dammit, you're going to at least get a little closer here than you probably will in real life!

TheBoyWonder22
10-04-2012, 02:25 PM
I'll sign up later tonight.

redbills
10-04-2012, 02:26 PM
I picked the Bills as a wildcard team before the season and, god dammit, you're going to at least get a little closer here than you probably will in real life!

9ers gonna kill us in SF, then ARZ should as well at their place, then who do we have? O yea the fing Pats in New England, 64-28? Maybe a few late TDs for the Bills? Then we give us as there in no fing way we make it at that point.
We suck, Fitz sucks, Wanny won't change the D, won't make adjustments or bring more than 4. The Bills bar is so low not even james cameron can find it.

scottyboy
10-04-2012, 02:27 PM
i could co with the giants or something. yeah

Matthew Jones
10-04-2012, 08:05 PM
It might be a good idea to use modified power rankings for a draft order to avoid an argument. Copy the week five power rankings of ESPN, NFL.com, or whoever in reverse, and then edit it so that the six highest ranked teams from each conference according to the site make the playoffs.

BeerBaron
10-04-2012, 10:07 PM
It might be a good idea to use modified power rankings for a draft order to avoid an argument. Copy the week five power rankings of ESPN, NFL.com, or whoever in reverse, and then edit it so that the six highest ranked teams from each conference according to the site make the playoffs.

Meh, I like mine better. Takes into account a prediction for the rest of the season. I'll adjust it again before we start up to reflect this weekends games.

Matthew Jones
10-06-2012, 03:24 PM
By the way, what are we going to do for underclassmen? Is there going to be a list posted?

CJSchneider
10-07-2012, 07:38 AM
App sent. Sorry it took me so long to respond.

BeerBaron
10-08-2012, 09:57 PM
By the way, what are we going to do for underclassmen? Is there going to be a list posted?

Yes, I'll make a list.

Also, I didn't forget about this. This is just the first time I've been in front of the computer for an extended period today. I'll have more information available tomorrow.

Matthew Jones
10-09-2012, 08:15 AM
Yes, I'll make a list.

Also, I didn't forget about this. This is just the first time I've been in front of the computer for an extended period today. I'll have more information available tomorrow.

I have a list of notable underclassmen, maybe that could help. Obviously all of these players declaring would really over-saturate the draft pool and some would really benefit from another year in school but some of them will declare. My personal suggestions are in bold (players I think will or should declare.)

Quarteback

Tyler Bray, Tennessee
Zach Mettenberger, Louisiana St.
Aaron Murray, Georgia
Casey Pachall, Texas Christian
Logan Thomas, Virginia Tech

Running Back

Knile Davis, Arkansas
Eddie Lacy, Alabama
Marcus Lattimore, South Carolina
Joseph Randle, Oklahoma St.
Fitzgerald Toussaint, Michigan
Spencer Ware, Louisiana St.

Wide Receiver

Keenan Allen, California
Stedman Bailey, West Virginia
Josh Boyce, Texas Christian
Justin Hunter, Tennessee
Da’Rick Rodgers, Tennessee Tech
Kenny Stills, Oklahoma
Marquess Wilson, Washington St.
Robert Woods, Southern California

Tight End

Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame
Zach Ertz, Stanford
C.J. Fiedorowicz, Iowa
Jordan Reed, Florida
Dion Sims, Michigan St.
Levine Toilolo, Stanford

Offensive Tackle

D.J. Fluker, Alabama
Seantrel Henderson, Miami (FL)
James Hurst, North Carolina
Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M
Taylor Lewan, Michigan
Jake Matthews, Texas A&M

Offensive Guard

Alvin Bailey, Arkansas
Gabe Jackson, Mississippi St.
Cyril Richardson, Baylor

Center

Travis Frederick, Wisconsin

Defensive Tackle

Dominique Easley, Florida
Sharrif Floyd, Florida
Kwame Geathers, Georgia
Johnathan Hankins, Ohio St.
Bennie Logan, Louisiana St.
Star Lotulelei, Utah
Akeem Spence, Illinois

Defensive End

Michael Buchanan, Illinois
James Gayle, Virginia Tech
William Gholston, Michigan St.
Jackson Jeffcoat, Texas
Corey Lemonier, Auburn
Barkevious Mingo, Louisiana St.
Sam Montgomery, Louisiana St.
Damontre Moore, Texas A&M
Ronald Powell, Florida
Bjoern Werner, Florida St.

Outside Linebacker

Jeremiah Attaochu, Georgia Tech
Jonathan Brown, Illinois
Jelani Jenkins, Florida
Jarvis Jones, Georgia

Inside Linebacker

Chris Borland, Wisconsin
Kevin Minter, Louisiana St.
C.J. Mosley, Alabama

Cornerback

David Amerson, North Carolina St.
Carrington Byndom, Texas
Justin Gilbert, Oklahoma St.
Tyrann Mathieu, ex-Louisiana St.
Dee Milliner, Alabama
Xavier Rhodes, Florida St.
Logan Ryan, Rutgers

Safety

C.J. Barnett, Ohio St.
Matt Elam, Florida
Tony Jefferson, Oklahoma
Eric Reid, Louisiana St.

BeerBaron
10-09-2012, 08:17 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't include ALL of those guys, but I'd probably add a couple of more than just the bolded ones. I'm usually pretty liberal for in-season mocks with underclassmen since there will always be a few surprises of guys who come out and guys who stay.

Matthew Jones
10-09-2012, 08:30 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't include ALL of those guys, but I'd probably add a couple of more than just the bolded ones. I'm usually pretty liberal for in-season mocks with underclassmen since there will always be a few surprises of guys who come out and guys who stay.

Right, that makes sense. I wouldn't mind a few surprises (especially if you're going to write a little article of the declarations!) but for someone like Logan Thomas who is struggling through a disappointing season, it wouldn't really make sense to enter a loaded QB class, even if he would be a relatively high pick.

BeerBaron
10-09-2012, 08:49 AM
Right, that makes sense. I wouldn't mind a few surprises (especially if you're going to write a little article of the declarations!) but for someone like Logan Thomas who is struggling through a disappointing season, it wouldn't really make sense to enter a loaded QB class, even if he would be a relatively high pick.

I'll see what I have time for. Today is my first day back at work after a vacation so I've got some catching up to do, but I should have a slower afternoon.

I hope to be able to make an announcement of teams and all that this afternoon. I'm going to PM a few candidates about our final openings but I still might need a few people to take two teams in addition to me taking a few.

ImBrotherCain
10-09-2012, 08:49 AM
I would be up for taking a couple... just out of pure boredom.

SuperPacker
10-09-2012, 08:51 AM
I'd be down for taking two.

Hines
10-09-2012, 08:51 AM
I wouldn't mind taking a second team.

princefielder28
10-09-2012, 10:42 AM
if need be i can take an additional team as well

BeerBaron
10-09-2012, 10:44 AM
I just sent out like 30 PMs to past participants who didn't sign up here. We'll see who writes back. In the meantime, I've updated the draft order in the first post and started filling in some teams. I'll start writing up some things for the media thread, so look for that too.

Brothgar
10-09-2012, 11:09 AM
Brothgar has signed up.

OSUGiants17
10-09-2012, 12:55 PM
i could co with the giants or something. yeah

You know I'm down scotty

BeerBaron
10-09-2012, 02:57 PM
2012 team recaps and the underclassmen list are up in the media thread, so check those out and let me know if I made any mistakes.

Teams still available:

Browns (#1 pick!)
Titans (#3 pick!)
Redskins
Seahawks
Broncos
Chargers
49ers
Falcons

Shane, PF and DG have all elected to help fill it out. I'll probably end up with the Redskins who have few picks. So that means we need 4 more people. If I don't get them by later this evening, I'll give a few trustworthy people a second team and we can hopefully begin.

marshallb
10-09-2012, 03:46 PM
I suppose I could take a team. I was going to pass on this one since I don't have the time that I normally do right now, but I can do enough to put together a big board and make a few picks.

BeerBaron
10-09-2012, 03:49 PM
I suppose I could take a team. I was going to pass on this one since I don't have the time that I normally do right now, but I can do enough to put together a big board and make a few picks.

I'll pencil you in for the Chargers since prock took the Vikings.

prock
10-09-2012, 04:11 PM
Marshallb can have the Vikings if he wants, I always get them. I could take the Browns or Tits.

marshallb
10-09-2012, 04:16 PM
Marshallb can have the Vikings if he wants, I always get them. I could take the Browns or Tits.

Nah, that's cool. The Chargers are fine, I've ran them before and am ok with it. I'd rather have someone who can put some more time into the Vikings than I can to run them.

D-Unit
10-09-2012, 04:24 PM
Are we doing Player Cuts?

Bosanac01
10-09-2012, 04:55 PM
I'm always down for a forum mock.

BeerBaron
10-09-2012, 05:11 PM
Are we doing Player Cuts?

Nothing official this time around. If you want to make media posts about player/coach movements just for fun, go for it. But only things relating to the draft count.

SuperPacker
10-09-2012, 06:10 PM
have we started? and the browns dont have a second round pick, BB.

BeerBaron
10-09-2012, 06:25 PM
have we started? and the browns dont have a second round pick, BB.

Stupid Josh Gordon. And no, haven't started yet.

Bosanac01
10-09-2012, 07:03 PM
I only have time to draft. I can't do all the extra stuff.

Brothgar
10-09-2012, 08:00 PM
I'll do a second team if needed.

fenikz
10-09-2012, 08:19 PM
ya im fine with a 2nd team if you don't feel like waiting/looking for more people

I obviously know the Seahawks and 49ers fairly well

Grizzlegom
10-10-2012, 07:16 AM
Lemme know if we're starting today, going to the Cardinals-Nats game so I'll be away from a computer most of the day so I'll send a BB to BB!

BeerBaron
10-10-2012, 07:22 AM
I'm going to fill in the last couple spots this morning and we'll start with a relaxed time limit.

BeerBaron
10-10-2012, 07:26 AM
Final List:

Cleveland Browns (0-5, 2-14) - Shane
Jacksonville Jaguars (1-4, 3-13) - Unbiased
Tennessee Titans (1-4, 3-13) - PrinceFielder
Kansas City Chiefs (1-4, 3-13) - T-Rich49
Oakland Raiders (1-3, 4-12) - RaiderNation
Tampa Bay Bucs (1-3, 4-12) - Caddy
Carolina Panthers (1-4, 4-12) - ncst8fan
Indianapolis Colts (2-2, 5-11) - MaxV
Miami Dolphins (2-3, 5-11) - Grizzlegom
Buffalo Bills (2-3, 5-11) - RedBills
New Orleans Saints (1-4, 5-11) - CJ
New York Jets (2-3, 6-10) - Derza/Hurricanes
Detroit Lions (1-3, 6-10) - Broth
Dallas Cowboys (2-2, 6-10) - D-Unit
St. Louis Rams (3-2, 7-9) - TheBoyWonder22
Washington Redskins (2-3, 7-9) - BeerBaron
Seattle Seahawks (3-2, 8-8) - Shane
New York Giants (3-2, 9-7) - Scottyboy/OSUGiants
Pittsburgh Steelers (3-2, 9-7) - Hines
Green Bay Packers (2-3, 10-6) - SuperPacker
Denver Broncos (2-3, 10-6)* - DraftGuru
Minnesota Vikings (4-1, 10-6)* - Prock
Cincinnati Bengals (3-2, 10-6)* - Docta
Arizona Cardinals (4-1, 10-6)* - Fenikz
Philadelphia Eagles (3-2, 10-6)** - ToddBertuzzi
Chicago Bears (4-1, 11-5)** - JRDrylie
New England Patriots (3-2, 11-5)** - MatthewJones
San Diego Chargers (3-2, 11-5)** - Marshallb
Baltimore Ravens (4-1, 12-4)** - Tackle
San Francisco 49ers (4-1, 12-4)** - PrinceFielder
Atlanta Falcons (5-0, 13-3)** - Bosanac
Houston Texans (5-0, 13-3)** - ImBrotherCain

It has been updated on the first page too. I just took the Redskins since they don't have a first round pick and I gave Shane and PF two teams each since they always volunteer to take anyone. Thanks to everyone who volunteered to take one.

Shane can make the first pick whenever he wants.

SuperPacker
10-10-2012, 07:27 AM
packers dont make the playoffs, but have the highest pick possible, thanks BB.

and im not toally sure, but i dont think the saints have a 2nd round pick.

BeerBaron
10-10-2012, 08:11 AM
packers dont make the playoffs, but have the highest pick possible, thanks BB.

and im not toally sure, but i dont think the saints have a 2nd round pick.

Yep, you're right. I thought it was their 4th for some reason.

ImBrotherCain
10-10-2012, 08:29 AM
Well I got a ways before I pick.

Shane P. Hallam
10-10-2012, 08:54 AM
Cleveland taking trade offers for #1. Will pick shortly however

MaxV
10-10-2012, 09:04 AM
Killxswitch and I will Co-GM the Colts. Any trade offers please send to both of us.

draftguru151
10-10-2012, 09:16 AM
I wonder who I can draft to piss njx off the most.

Brothgar
10-10-2012, 09:17 AM

You could trade your first round pick for Kellen Moore

BeerBaron
10-10-2012, 09:18 AM

Just take whoever you think Josh McDaniels would have taken. And make sure you trade away your future first for a second round pick to use on someone terrible.

draftguru151
10-10-2012, 09:25 AM
I need to trade to the first pick ASAP I need Logan Thomas!!!

Todd Bertuzzi
10-10-2012, 09:35 AM
I need to trade to the first pick ASAP I need Logan Thomas!!!

The only acceptable pick here is Colin Klein.

Shane P. Hallam
10-10-2012, 09:36 AM
Seahawks may be looking to move up or down if the price is right!

Shane P. Hallam
10-10-2012, 09:36 AM
And DG, just trade your 1st for Tebow

draftguru151
10-10-2012, 09:39 AM
I was gonna make that joke but njx REALLY hates Thomas.

Todd Bertuzzi
10-10-2012, 09:56 AM
I was gonna make that joke but njx REALLY hates Thomas.

http://i.usatoday.net/sports/_photos/2012/09/08/Klein-leads-K-State-to-rout-of-Miami-Fla-VU287EH3-x-large.jpg

He is the second coming after all...

jrdrylie
10-10-2012, 09:58 AM
Not that it matters at all, but the overall record for the NFL is 244-268. I guess there will be some games that both teams lose.

Also, the Bears could be persauded to trade either up or down depending on who is available.

BeerBaron
10-10-2012, 10:09 AM
Not that it matters at all, but the overall record for the NFL is 244-268. I guess there will be some games that both teams lose.

Also, the Bears could be persauded to trade either up or down depending on who is available.

Muck Fath.

I guess I just think some teams are shittier than reality would dictate.

SuperPacker
10-10-2012, 12:35 PM
#20 and Jermichael Finley are both on the block. Finley only has an 8 million contract, if any of you are interested.

Unbiased
10-10-2012, 01:28 PM
Jaguars willing to trade just about everyone including MJD.

Monroe, Blackmon, and Cox are the only ones completely off the table.

D-Unit
10-10-2012, 02:29 PM
Cowboys looking for help along the OL. Surprise! Surprise!

ncst8fan83
10-10-2012, 02:33 PM
While we wait for Caddy, if anyone wants to send some trade offers for pick #7, then I'd love to entertain them.

TheBoyWonder22
10-10-2012, 03:41 PM
I'd be willing to trade one of #15 and #16. 15 has a significantly larger value because I'd be potentially screwing myself out of a player, but it is still available. I may also be willing to trade Jackson, Pead, or Steve Smith. I'd need an appropriate offer though.

MaxV
10-10-2012, 03:43 PM
if anyone wants to send some trade offers for pick #8, then I'd love to entertain them.

You want to trade MY PICK?

ncst8fan83
10-10-2012, 03:45 PM
You want to trade MY PICK?

lol mistype! thanks for catching that...

D-Unit
10-10-2012, 05:41 PM
Trying to trade pick #14. Anyone interested?

Brothgar
10-10-2012, 05:49 PM
Brothgar needs secondary help!

D-Unit
10-10-2012, 06:38 PM
So you're saying you want to trade for Mike Jenkins? Okayyyy....

redbills
10-10-2012, 06:49 PM
Pick 10 can be had and willing to deal just about anyone but Spiller, Williams and Dareus.

T-RICH49
10-10-2012, 07:14 PM
Chiefs willing to trade Glenn Dorsey

BeerBaron
10-10-2012, 07:32 PM
Chiefs willing to trade Glenn Dorsey

As I recall, there are some Falcons fans out there who might trade Matt Ryan for him straight up. Because they don't have a supporting cast to help a young QB and Chris Redman can totally manage games until they're ready....

SuperPacker
10-10-2012, 07:38 PM

If you weren't a rival i'd offer you Morgan Burnett.

RaiderNation
10-10-2012, 08:33 PM
Rolando McClain and Jacoby Ford are on the block for a pick.

SuperPacker
10-10-2012, 08:41 PM
Rolando McClain and Jacoby Ford are on the block for a pick.

I'll give you a 4th round pick for Jacoby.

Caddy
10-10-2012, 09:48 PM
Someone should have PM'd me :\

Todd Bertuzzi
10-10-2012, 10:10 PM
Steal of the draft at 6th overall? Bucs have used a lot of picks on the d-line recently but if McCoy can stay healthy he and Star could be a lethal combo.

D-Unit
10-10-2012, 10:41 PM
Steal of the draft at 6th overall? Bucs have used a lot of picks on the d-line recently but if McCoy can stay healthy he and Star could be a lethal combo.
I was SHOCKED... Just completely SHOCKED that Kansas City passed up on him. :evil_laugh:

MaxV
10-10-2012, 10:43 PM
8th overall pick can be had for the right price.

TheBoyWonder22
10-10-2012, 11:35 PM
Nooooo!!!!

Matthew Jones
10-11-2012, 07:53 AM
What are we doing with impending free agents in this draft? Keep them all, keep none, keep some?

BeerBaron
10-11-2012, 08:18 AM
What are we doing with impending free agents in this draft? Keep them all, keep none, keep some?

I've just been telling people to do whatever they want within reason. As you can see in the media thread, a few people have made cuts and such, but nothing "counts" in this one except the draft.

Like yesterday, one team asked if they could offer a trade for an impending free agent likely to get franchise tagged and I said no, just because that would be difficult to predict and such.

Also, I'm going to start the clock at 10am EST today. So in like 45 mins. 2 hours for the first round, an hour for the rest. I'll try to stay on top of texting everyone when they're up if they gave me their number. If you know you're not going to be around, please send a board. A few people have already.

Grizzlegom
10-11-2012, 08:34 AM
I'm around, just got to work so I'm catching up on a few things quick. If anyone wants the pick, go ahead and PM me an offer. If not, I'll post a pick by 10ish

draftguru151
10-11-2012, 08:35 AM
That is a fat man.

MaxV
10-11-2012, 08:44 AM
That is a fat man.

Exactly what Colts need.

Honestly it sucked missing out on Mingo, Jones and Star.

derza222
10-11-2012, 10:11 AM
We're around, willing to move down if anybody wants to move up but unless we hear something soon we should get a pick up. Just checking in with 'Canes now.

redbills
10-11-2012, 10:11 AM
Werner Was on underclass list? **** didn't see him on it.

MaxV
10-11-2012, 10:18 AM
Actually, he is not.

BeerBaron
10-11-2012, 10:19 AM
Oversight on my part. I thought he was on there. Sorry if that messed you up redbills.

Grizzlegom
10-11-2012, 10:20 AM
I was surprised he wasn't there as well. Wouldn't have taken him though

redbills
10-11-2012, 10:25 AM
Oversight on my part. I thought he was on there. Sorry if that messed you up redbills.

Yea I would have picked him over Sam.

SuperPacker
10-11-2012, 10:26 AM

CJ is still allowed to have him? Seems pretty unfair on the people that would have taken him, had he been on the board.

BeerBaron
10-11-2012, 10:29 AM
I texted CJ to repick. Werner should have been on there. Not sure how I missed him.

redbills
10-11-2012, 10:31 AM
That's fine I like Sam but I just like Werner more.

CJSchneider
10-11-2012, 10:32 AM
Yea I would have picked him over Sam.

Can we just switch picks? I'm ok with that if redbills is.

BeerBaron

That would be fine by me. Keep us moving.

redbills

Fine by me. Up to BB.

BeerBaron
10-11-2012, 10:38 AM
BTW, if you're up and I see you online looking at the draft thread, I'm going to assume you know you're up and not text you.

Hines
10-11-2012, 11:24 AM
Damn, I was hoping Te'o kept falling.

SuperPacker
10-11-2012, 11:34 AM
Damn, I was hoping Te'o kept falling.

I was planning to trade ahead of you to get him.

Todd Bertuzzi
10-11-2012, 11:39 AM
The Dallas Cowboys are proud to select: Insert O-Lineman Here

Shane P. Hallam
10-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Seahawks list sent to BB

scottyboy
10-11-2012, 11:45 AM
If someone could just shoot me a text if i'm not around when we're up that'd be great, just in case

OSUGiants17
10-11-2012, 12:03 PM
If someone could just shoot me a text if i'm not around when we're up that'd be great, just in case

If I'm around I will just make the pick, I think we are set on who we want

Todd Bertuzzi
10-11-2012, 12:08 PM

We'll probably just give you the BPA from UConn.

Hines
10-11-2012, 12:27 PM
I'm going to work now. Matt Jones or BB can text me when I am up.

TheBoyWonder22
10-11-2012, 01:41 PM
I'm about to run to the store. I'll make my picks when I return. Send trade offers.

TheBoyWonder22
10-11-2012, 02:24 PM
I'm here. Give me about 10 minutes.

BeerBaron
10-11-2012, 02:42 PM
I hope you know you have two picks to make here.

TheBoyWonder22
10-11-2012, 02:45 PM
I just made the second.

Matthew Jones
10-11-2012, 02:53 PM
Hines just texted me his pick. Give me a second and I'll post it.

scottyboy
10-11-2012, 02:55 PM
sorry we made this unrealistic. Giants taking a blue chip OT and not waiting for a 4th round developmental guys who were TE's a year before they entered

Matthew Jones
10-11-2012, 02:59 PM
I like the Ricky Wagner pick, actually. I think he can stick at left tackle, too.

SuperPacker
10-11-2012, 03:14 PM
Patterson is a stud.

ImBrotherCain
10-11-2012, 03:32 PM
Still Shopping Tate.

Todd Bertuzzi
10-11-2012, 03:40 PM
Is Patterson declaring here? Don't see his name listed...

Edit: Nvm looks like BB is just editing the list as we go.

Grizzlegom
10-11-2012, 03:41 PM
He takes them off the list after they are drafted. Patterson was on there earlier

SuperPacker
10-11-2012, 03:41 PM
Is Patterson declaring here? Don't see his name listed...

It was listed. BB is taking them down as we go along.

Todd Bertuzzi
10-11-2012, 03:49 PM
Eagles looking to move down from 25, PM if interested.

Shane P. Hallam
10-11-2012, 03:54 PM
Patterson is a stud.

In JUCO maybe.

TheBoyWonder22
10-11-2012, 04:01 PM
What do you guys think of my picks thus far? I'm kind of iffy on TJ, but with Reid, Te'o, and Hankins gone he seemed like the best defensive guy for the Rams.

draftguru151
10-11-2012, 04:01 PM
Dang you guys flew through some picks. I'll pick in a minute.

Matthew Jones
10-11-2012, 04:11 PM
What do you guys think of my picks thus far? I'm kind of iffy on TJ, but with Reid, Te'o, and Hankins gone he seemed like the best defensive guy for the Rams.

I really liked Luke Joeckel. I don't think Craig Dahl is that bad, but T.J. McDonald seems like a solid value as well.

Matthew Jones
10-11-2012, 04:12 PM
Send me a PM if you're potentially interested in moving up to #27!

Todd Bertuzzi
10-11-2012, 04:13 PM
Or you could just move up to 25!

SuperPacker
10-11-2012, 04:15 PM
In JUCO maybe.

No, everywhere!

BeerBaron
10-11-2012, 04:22 PM
That's who I was going to give Denver if I had to pick for them.

draftguru151
10-11-2012, 04:28 PM
I was gonna target a RB later but Lattimore is so far above the rest it would be hard to pass up. Immediate impact to help Manning too.

D-Unit
10-11-2012, 04:31 PM
I was gonna target a RB later but Lattimore is so far above the rest it would be hard to pass up. Immediate impact to help Manning too.
Nice pick. Things fell right into place.

SuperPacker
10-11-2012, 04:33 PM

There's a certain player that I wouldn't say is too far behind him.

draftguru151
10-11-2012, 04:35 PM
Duke Johnson isn't eligible.

SuperPacker
10-11-2012, 04:43 PM
Duke Johnson isn't eligible.

I know he isn't!

And the player I was talking about was Joseph Randle, but apparently he's not declaring in this...

prock
10-11-2012, 05:46 PM
I'm here give my 5.

prock
10-11-2012, 05:53 PM
I decided to stop overthinking things and do what the Vikings do best, take a receiver at 22.

vidae
10-11-2012, 06:39 PM
Aw yeah, Tyler Wilson boiiiii.

Todd Bertuzzi
10-11-2012, 07:10 PM
Still looking to trade out of 25. If there's a guy still out there that you want shoot me a PM.

Edit: Looking ideally for a package of picks

Edit 2: Have a deal in place pending AZ's pick.

fenikz
10-11-2012, 08:22 PM
Pick will be up soon

fenikz
10-11-2012, 08:31 PM
Had to take Bray just too much value, but feel free to make an offer for him, Kolb or Skelton

D-Unit
10-11-2012, 08:36 PM
Had to take Bray just too much value, but feel free to make an offer for him, Kolb or Skelton
I thought about taking Bray if he fell to Round 2. Would serve him well to sit on the bench for 2-3 years until he's ready... ala the Aaron Rogers route.

Matthew Jones
10-11-2012, 08:45 PM
Only a few picks to go!

Matthew Jones
10-11-2012, 08:50 PM
The Patriots are still fielding trade offers for the #27 overall pick. Please offer draft picks only.

proshoota25
10-11-2012, 09:19 PM
milliner going there sinks the heart of all pats fans hoping he was going to last til 27 haha

SuperPacker
10-11-2012, 09:20 PM
He's great value at 25 as well.

D-Unit
10-11-2012, 09:31 PM
milliner going there sinks the heart of all pats fans hoping he was going to last til 27 haha
Pats fans might be feeling ok if NE lands Mike Jenkins.

proshoota25
10-11-2012, 09:33 PM
too much info but ur trade offer for jenkins was redic lol

fenikz
10-11-2012, 09:34 PM
lol that's worse than when i traded Doucet for a 3rd

Matthew Jones
10-11-2012, 09:35 PM
Pats fans might be feeling ok if NE lands Mike Jenkins.

You couldn't pay me to take Mike Jenkins. I'll give you #27 for your second and third (45 and 76). 680 points on my end, 660 on yours.

D-Unit
10-11-2012, 09:39 PM
You couldn't pay me to take Mike Jenkins. I'll give you #27 for your second and third (45 and 76). 680 points on my end, 660 on yours.
Of course you would. The value of player at 27 is basically the same at 45 in this draft. I'll applaud you if you get a 2nd and 3rd rounder for that late 1st.

BTW, that trade chart is so out of date it ain't even funny.

Matthew Jones
10-11-2012, 09:41 PM
Of course you would. The value of player at 27 is basically the same at 45 in this draft. I'll applaud you if you get a 2nd and 3rd rounder for that late 1st.

BTW, that trade chart is so out of date it ain't even funny.

The trade value chart is still the standard for making trades. If anything, the higher picks have increased in value due to the rookie pay scale, because there is less risk in drafting a player high relative to previous years. The most analogous trade to this one from history would be:

46, 54, 94, 213 = 29, 112

Other examples:

25 = 28, 163, 235
25 = 32, 96, 129
25 = 43, 70, 114
25 = 76, next 1st, next 4th
26 = 36, 87, 159
26 = 42, 73
26, 162 = 41, 73, 83
27 = 39, 70, 142
27, 159 = 40, 71, 103, 138
28 = 110, next 1st
28 = 31, 127
28 = 41, 63

Notice that all of those trades involve a pick in the 30s or 40s and usually one in the 60-80 range as well.

D-Unit
10-11-2012, 09:45 PM
The trade value chart is still the standard for making trades. If anything, the higher picks have increased in value due to the rookie pay scale, because there is less risk in drafting a player high relative to previous years. The most analogous trade to this one from history would be:

46, 54, 94, 213 = 29, 112

Other examples:

25 = 28, 163, 235
25 = 32, 96, 129
25 = 43, 70, 114
25 = 76, next 1st, next 4th
26 = 36, 87, 159
26 = 42, 73
26, 162 = 41, 73, 83
27 = 39, 70, 142
27, 159 = 40, 71, 103, 138
28 = 110, next 1st
28 = 31, 127
28 = 41, 63
Hey, if you can do it. More power to ya bud. But that sucker won't be me.

jrdrylie
10-11-2012, 10:00 PM
Hey guys, just got on. My pick will be up within 10 minutes,

Matthew Jones
10-11-2012, 10:09 PM
Hey guys, just got on. My pick will be up within 10 minutes,

My pick's all ready after that.

jrdrylie
10-11-2012, 10:14 PM
Pick is up!

scottyboy
10-11-2012, 10:18 PM
banks is a steal. considered him at our pick. he's so good

marshallb
10-11-2012, 10:30 PM
Just got home from work. Let me review things and then I'll have my pick up.

jrdrylie
10-11-2012, 10:39 PM
banks is a steal. considered him at our pick. he's so good

Yeah, not really a huge need, but hard to pass up a guy who could easily go ten spots earlier.

marshallb
10-11-2012, 10:46 PM
Pick is up. Kinda glad that Milliner and Banks went, because it would have been a tough decision for me between those two and Rhodes. I love Rhodes's natural ability, though, and with both Jammer and Cason being free agents and Jammer being old, CB is definitely a need.

Matthew Jones
10-11-2012, 10:51 PM
I like the Rhodes pick. I considered him for New England, but I'm not sure he really fits New England's defensive scheme.

TACKLE
10-12-2012, 01:46 AM
Suck my D, ATL.

D-Unit
10-12-2012, 01:52 AM
Suck my D, ATL.

Testy testy... what's that about???

TACKLE
10-12-2012, 02:07 AM
Testy testy... what's that about???

I ******* hate his guts. That's what.

BeerBaron
10-12-2012, 08:13 AM
I don't have a number for Bos, so he's got until 11 est.

Matthew Jones
10-12-2012, 08:17 AM
Dion Jordan has to be the most shocking pick so far; I'm trying to imagine how he fits into Dean Pees' defense. I'd like to hear how Baltimore came to that decision.

Matthew Jones
10-12-2012, 08:34 AM
I like that Jonathan Cooper pick a lot; great pull blocker. I was considering him over Barrett Jones but the versatility swayed me.

BeerBaron
10-12-2012, 08:35 AM
Dion Jordan has to be the most shocking pick so far; I'm trying to imagine how he fits into Dean Pees' defense. I'd like to hear how Baltimore came to that decision.

To bring the conversation here, I have no clue.

I knew he wasn't on the underclassmen list, so I checked the player rankins and didn't see him in the top couple names at DE or OLB, so I'm like "****, now I'll have to have them repick..."

But there he was, much further down than I expected.

scottyboy
10-12-2012, 08:36 AM
Dion Jordan is freaking awesome, that's why. He's gonna be a huge climber come draft day.

Matthew Jones
10-12-2012, 08:39 AM
Dion Jordan is freaking awesome, that's why. He's gonna be a huge climber come draft day.

He definitely has a unique skillset, but he's very thin and can't anchor at all, which is one of the most vital aspects of Pees' defense. The Ravens are also set at outside linebacker already with Suggs/Upshaw.

BeerBaron
10-12-2012, 08:40 AM
Giants approach maybe? Just grab all of the pass rushers they can.

scottyboy
10-12-2012, 08:42 AM
i'm actually mad because I would've liked Jordan on the Giants and tackle is a big poop head. PASS RUSHERS ARE OUR THING. OUR THING

SuperPacker
10-12-2012, 08:45 AM
Dion Jordan is better than Courtney Upshaw. That's why.

Brothgar
10-12-2012, 08:52 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/28238806.jpg

BeerBaron
10-12-2012, 09:29 AM
I have a meeting to go to now. Bos has until I get back to pick.

ImBrotherCain
10-12-2012, 09:30 AM
GRR Bos... I want to pick!

Shane P. Hallam
10-12-2012, 09:33 AM
Wouldn't surprise me if Jordan ends up in this position by April. I didn't think it was a bad pick, but may have been there later.

SuperPacker
10-12-2012, 09:49 AM
Wouldn't surprise me if Jordan ends up in this position by April. I didn't think it was a bad pick, but may have been there later.

That's the same problem I had with Patterson. I could have probably traded back and still got him, but I had no real idea where everyone else valued him, so just had to take him at 20.

Shane P. Hallam
10-12-2012, 09:56 AM
That's the same problem I had with Patterson. I could have probably traded back and still got him, but I had no real idea where everyone else valued him, so just had to take him at 20.

Well, Patterson is a 3rd rounder, so that should have been a better idea :P

SuperPacker
10-12-2012, 10:00 AM
Well, Patterson is a 3rd rounder, so that should have been a better idea :P

Cordarrelle is a beast and you know it. He's better than Justin Hunter.

TACKLE
10-12-2012, 10:12 AM

This. This. This. Dion was by far the best player on the (my) board and we don't have any real glaring needs that I had force a player at. Not to mention I really think he is a special talent.

Also you could say that Kruger is a UFA after the season, Suggs is 30 coming off a torn achilles and Upshaw's solid but will never be the greatest pass rusher but it was really about sticking to my board.

draftguru151
10-12-2012, 10:39 AM
But you could have taken Khaled Holmes!!!!!

ImBrotherCain
10-12-2012, 10:39 AM
Texans looking to move up in the second.

Matthew Jones
10-12-2012, 10:43 AM
Two very interesting picks just now. I would have thought Tennessee would look elsewhere with Roos/Stewart, and Kansas City has a lot of cornerbacks in Flowers/Routt/Arenas.

BeerBaron
10-12-2012, 10:45 AM
Two very interesting picks just now. I would have thought Tennessee would look elsewhere with Roos/Stewart, and Kansas City has a lot of cornerbacks in Flowers/Routt/Arenas.

I think both teams just went where the value was at. At CB especially, you can never have too many in today's NFL.

T-RICH49
10-12-2012, 10:46 AM

Arenas is a better PR then he is a CB IMO.Chiefs need depth in secondary and even though

BeerBaron
10-12-2012, 10:47 AM
BTW, I'm fairly busy at work today with a big, top priority project. So I Can't promise to text everyone the moment they're up. I'll try to get one out before your time is up though.

ImBrotherCain
10-12-2012, 10:58 AM
Would love to get peoples thoughts on Fluker

princefielder28
10-12-2012, 11:17 AM

Roos is a 2014 FA so a year for Matthews to learn/be a backup at both tackle spots would place the team in a good position for the future.

Shane P. Hallam
10-12-2012, 11:21 AM
Cordarrelle is a beast and you know it. He's better than Justin Hunter.

Yeah, he's not. Not even close IMO. Don't think he'll be declaring anyway, but if he does, I'd bet good money he won't be a first day pick.

Brothgar
10-12-2012, 11:21 AM
Would love to get peoples thoughts on Fluker

Is Fluker a good fit for Houston's ZBS? I always thought they favored smaller more athletic types.

Matthew Jones
10-12-2012, 11:23 AM
Is Fluker a good fit for Houston's ZBS? I always thought they favored smaller more athletic types.

I think Fluker is pretty athletic, at least for a right tackle. He kind of reminds me of Michael Oher. I wouldn't have picked him that high because I don't think he's very aggressive and doesn't sustain blocks well, but he can move around a bit.

SuperPacker
10-12-2012, 11:25 AM
Yeah, he's not. Not even close IMO. Don't think he'll be declaring anyway, but if he does, I'd bet good money he won't be a first day pick.

I agree that he shouldn't and probably won't be declaring. And when I say 'better than Hunter', right now he isn't, he's way too raw, but he has the potential to be a lot better. Kinda like Stephen Hill last year, who I would have taken ahead of Floyd and Blackmon.

TACKLE
10-12-2012, 11:29 AM
T-Rich, will Amerson be playing CB or FS?

SuperPacker
10-12-2012, 11:31 AM
T-Rich, will Amerson be playing CB or FS?

Well if he's trying him at CB, he won't be there for long.

Todd Bertuzzi
10-12-2012, 11:34 AM
Pick is up for grabs or else I'll be making it shortly.

vidae
10-12-2012, 11:50 AM

I think both teams just went where the value was at. At CB especially, you can never have too many in today's NFL.

Arenas is a better PR then he is a CB IMO.Chiefs need depth in secondary and even though

Arenas isn't all that great at his CB duties. Solid PR/KR guy, but he hasn't played well enough to keep his job at CB anyway.

A thought though, perhaps Amerson can take over for Kendrick Lewis at FS? A lot of people think he'll have to move there in the pros, and I think that position could be upgraded considering KLew has been hurt a lot.

Either way, DB is a huge need for KC and I liked the value. Good job T-Rich!

TACKLE
10-12-2012, 11:54 AM
He definitely has a unique skillset, but he's very thin and can't anchor at all, which is one of the most vital aspects of Pees' defense. The Ravens are also set at outside linebacker already with Suggs/Upshaw.

I feel like you're making an assumption here because of his lankiness. He has very good functional strength and is able to set the edge very well because he knows how to use his length to the point where you almost never see OT's get in on his body.

ImBrotherCain
10-12-2012, 11:57 AM

I think Fluker is pretty athletic, at least for a right tackle. He kind of reminds me of Michael Oher. I wouldn't have picked him that high because I don't think he's very aggressive and doesn't sustain blocks well, but he can move around a bit.

See he was the highest rated OT on my board... The problem was is right after I made the pick I realized I should have taken Matthews. I just wanted to get peoples opinion on the pick to see if it was as bad as I could be.

Matthew Jones
10-12-2012, 11:57 AM
I feel like you're making an assumption here because of his lankiness. He has very good functional strength and is able to set the edge very well because he knows how to use his length to the point where you almost never see OT's get in on his body.

I've seen Jordan on four or five occasions and his lack of functional strength is really concerning. We'll probably have to agree to disagree on this one. I like his overall movement skills, length, and athleticism, but as an offensive coordinator I'd find the opportunity to run the ball in his direction pretty appealing.

SuperPacker
10-12-2012, 12:02 PM
There's no point waiting for Caddy if we're going to keep with the 1 hour clock. If he didn't send a board.

ImBrotherCain
10-12-2012, 12:03 PM
There's no point waiting for Caddy if we're going to keep with the 1 hour clock.

He should leave a BB but knowing him that is out of the question.

BeerBaron
10-12-2012, 12:04 PM
He should leave a BB but knowing him that is out of the question.

He has scoffed at hat suggestion in the past...

SuperPacker
10-12-2012, 12:28 PM
So what are we doing? It's the middle of the night in Australia.

BeerBaron
10-12-2012, 12:31 PM
I'm going to give him his hour so he can't *****.

redbills
10-12-2012, 12:39 PM
Bills here, I'll be off and on but will check about every 30 min to see if I am up.

TACKLE
10-12-2012, 12:44 PM
Give him Logan Thomas.

SuperPacker
10-12-2012, 12:48 PM
Or Landry Jones.

D-Unit
10-12-2012, 12:58 PM
Honestly if I were mocking the Bucs, I would give them EJ Manuel. If he slides to the Cowboys, I'm taking him.

princefielder28
10-12-2012, 01:01 PM
tremendous pick for the Bucs!

BeerBaron
10-12-2012, 01:03 PM
Did you change your sig to that just now or has it been that way?

princefielder28
10-12-2012, 01:05 PM
Did you change your sig to that just now or has it been that way?

It's been that way for this whole week

I think Poyer is arguably the best corner in this draft and I have a first round value on him

Bosanac01
10-12-2012, 01:06 PM
I have a meeting to go to now. Bos has until I get back to pick.

Did you not get the pm where I sent you my number and asked to text me when I'm up?

BeerBaron
10-12-2012, 01:07 PM
Did you not get the pm where I sent you my number and asked to text me when I'm up?

Ah crap, I was one number off. I did try. Sorry.

Bosanac01
10-12-2012, 01:09 PM
Ah crap, I was one number off. I did try. Sorry.

It's cool. I don't mind the pick.

I just wanna make sure everyone knows it's all your fault. :)

BeerBaron
10-12-2012, 01:10 PM
It's cool. I don't mind the pick.

That's good at least. That was just a typo when I put it in my phone. I do need to create a spreadsheet of all the numbers I've gotten doing this over the years to make this easier. No more one in a PM, on in an email, one here, one there...

ImBrotherCain
10-12-2012, 01:16 PM
You could just save them in your phone.

Grizzlegom
10-12-2012, 01:17 PM
Sweet, back in time for my pick!

Todd Bertuzzi
10-12-2012, 01:21 PM
Thoughts on the Eifert pick? When MacDonald went earlier I didn't have a true target in the first round so I figured I'd trade down and grab a guy I liked regardless. Had I stayed at 25 I would have gone Banks, but with him, Rhodes, Milliner, Barrett Jones, Eifert and Matthews still on the board I figured could nab at least one of them in the early 2nd while at the same time moving up to the top of the 3rd.

ncst8fan83
10-12-2012, 01:21 PM
Cannot believe Short lasted that long. I considered him with my first pick. No 3rd round pick for me, so I suppose I'm done unless we keep going. I'm happy with Lewan and Short though.

jrdrylie
10-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Chicago doesn't have a third rounder. So I might be interested in trading down to get three picks in this mock.

BeerBaron
10-12-2012, 01:31 PM
You could just save them in your phone.

Then I'd have like 50 board member numbers in my phone...would be annoying.

Also, we're probably going to end up doing a 4th round. We always end up doing one more round.

ImBrotherCain
10-12-2012, 01:32 PM
Chicago doesn't have a third rounder. So I might be interested in trading down to get three picks in this mock.

So you want to back like 4 spots and have someone give you their 3rd? That sounds reasonable.

scottyboy
10-12-2012, 01:51 PM
cool. Short and OKafor gone. **** you guys

Grizzlegom
10-12-2012, 01:51 PM
yay, the guy I wanted lasted!

Matthew Jones
10-12-2012, 02:03 PM
I like what Carolina's done so far: get big, physical players for both lines.

Unbiased
10-12-2012, 02:13 PM
I like what Carolina's done so far: get big, physical players for both lines.

Ditto.....

D-Unit
10-12-2012, 02:16 PM
Round 1:
1.) Cleveland Browns - DE Barkevious Mingo, LSU
- Just don't see Mingo being the #1 overall pick or a great fit for Jauron. Star Lotulelei on the other hand...

2.) Jacksonville Jaguars - QB Geno Smith, West Virginia
- Best pick they could make, but I don't know if the Jags are smart enough to do this in real life.

3.) Tennessee Titans - DE/OLB Jarvis Jones, Georgia
- Great pick, great player.

4.) Kansas City Chiefs - QB Tyler Wilson, Arkansas
- Good pick for the Chiefs. Wilson has a live arm.

5.) Oakland Raiders - QB Matt Barkley, USC
- Love this fit for both the player and the team.

6.) Tampa Bay Bucs - DT Star Lotuleilei, Utah
- The Bucs turn around might come sooner rather than later.

7.) Carolina Panthers - OT Taylor Lewan, Michigan
- Fits a need even if he's not an "elite" OT.

8.) Indianapolis Colts - DT Johnathan Hankins, Ohio St.
- Oooh, I like this pick for the Colts! Would love it more if Pagano can remain the coach.

9.) Miami Dolphins - WR Keenan Allen, California
- Not the biggest fan of teams taking WRs in Round 1.

10.) Buffalo Bills - DE Bjorn Werner, Florida State
Werner has one of those games that translates to the NFL, but I like Montgomery more.

11.) New Orleans Saints - DE Sam Montgomery, LSU
- I love him, but will it matter? Any DL that the Saints draft end up cursed.

12.) NY Jets - OG Chance Warmack, Alabama
- I thought they needed a RT... no? Way too high for a Guard.

13.) Detroit Lions - LB Manti Te'o, Notre Dame
- Lions have lacked a pulse on defense, but that should change now.

14.) Dallas Cowboys - S Eric Reid, LSU
- Self explanatory. Best pick of the draft hands down. LOL.

15.) St. Louis Rams - OT Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M
- It would be nice to see the Rams draft a tackle that actually pans out. This one has a chance!

16.) St. Louis Rams (from WAS) - S TJ McDonald, USC
- Solid player. Solid pick.

17.) Seattle Seahawks - WR Justin Hunter, Tennessee
- Carroll shafts another USC guy he recruited in Robert Woods. LMAO.

18.) NY Giants - OT Ricky Wagner, Wisconsin
- Can I say reeeeeeeeeach?

19.) Pittsburgh Steelers - DE/OLB Jackson Jeffcoat, Texas
- Is this really the best bang for their buck?

20.) Green Bay Packers- WR Cordarrelle Patterson, Tennessee
- LOL SuperPacker... Raves about WR corps after losing Jennings, then proceeds to draft a WR. His mafia skills have carried over into forum mocks, I see.

21.) Denver Broncos - RB Marcus Lattimore, S. Carolina
- Can't think of a better get for the Broncos.

22.) Minnesota Vikings- WR Robert Woods, USC
- Woods is solid but unspectacular... Someone was going to draft him in Round 1 though and the fit here looks good.

23.) Cincinnati Bengals - S Kenny Vaccaro, Texas
- Move Dre Kirkpatrick to Safety and draft a real CB. Dre doesn't have the hips to keep up with NFL WRs.

24.) Arizona Cardinals - QB Tyler Bray, Tennessee
- I really like this pick, but patience is required.

25.) Jacksonville Jaguars (from PHI) - CB Dee Milliner, Alabama
- Here's a player that could go way higher than this in real life.

26.) Chicago Bears - CB Jonathan Banks, Miss State
- Jay Cutler is fuming somewhere... luckily for him he can take it out on Kristen Cavaleri.

27.) New England Patriots - OL Barrett Jones, Alabama
- Very solid pick for the Patriots.

28.) San Diego Chargers - CB Xavier Rhodes, Florida St.
- Crazy good pick for the Chargers. Quentin Jammers days are DONE.

29.) Baltimore Ravens - DE/OLB Dion Jordan, Oregon
- TACKLE took him so he must be better than anyone else realizes.

30.) San Francisco 49ers - OG Jonathan Cooper, UNC
- Damn you Niners for being so smart!

31.) Atlanta Falcons - DE/OLB Corey Lemonier, Auburn
- OK I guess. A blah pick for a team I usually expect to make a flashy pick.

32.) Houston Texans - OT D.J. Fluker, Alabama
- Love Fluker in the booth, but for the Texans I think Jake Matthews is a better fit for their scheme.

redbills
10-12-2012, 02:18 PM
Pick will be up in a few.

BeerBaron
10-12-2012, 02:19 PM
The Browns don't have a whole lot at DE while they have Aytba Rubin and whats-his-face from Baylor who got hurt this year at DT.

I think in real life, if they end up with a pick that high and a house cleaning in the FO and coaching staff, they'll take a QB though.

scottyboy
10-12-2012, 02:20 PM
pft, Wagner's a stud. you jelly of our Oline?

SuperPacker
10-12-2012, 02:23 PM
when did I rave about our receiving corps?

D-Unit
10-12-2012, 02:32 PM
The Browns don't have a whole lot at DE while they have Aytba Rubin and whats-his-face from Baylor who got hurt this year at DT.

I think in real life, if they end up with a pick that high and a house cleaning in the FO and coaching staff, they'll take a QB though.
I thought it was safe to say whats-his-face is a bust. He can't be that good if his name escapes ya. lol. I know, Phil Taylor! ewe.

pft, Wagner's a stud. you jelly of our Oline?
No, but I would be thankful if the Giants did that.

when did I rave about our receiving corps?
I thought you were looking forward to your young WRs Jones, Nelson, Cobb?

vote: SP

BeerBaron
10-12-2012, 02:36 PM
I thought it was safe to say whats-his-face is a bust. He can't be that good if his name escapes ya. lol. I know, Phil Taylor! ewe.

Well, Taylor has only played one year and got hurt in the preseason this year. I don't think you can call him a bust yet.

SuperPacker
10-12-2012, 02:37 PM
I thought you were looking forward to your young WRs Jones, Nelson, Cobb?

vote: SP

Yeah, and now Cardarrelle Patterson as well. The offense has been bad, so I figured I should do something about it. And the receivers have been a big part of the problem.

Matthew Jones
10-12-2012, 02:37 PM
#41 seems a little bit early for Da'Rick Rodgers but I think his character issues are overblown. Buffalo desperately needs another wideout as well.

redbills
10-12-2012, 02:42 PM
#41 seems a little bit early for Da'Rick Rodgers but I think his character issues are overblown. Buffalo desperately needs another wideout as well.

Was thinking another WR don't want to name drop but I just love Rodgers.

scottyboy
10-12-2012, 02:43 PM
pfft, RoP liked the pick and Wagner's going to be a stud. I'm excited for him. He'll probably go around 15-20 come draft day

draftguru151
10-12-2012, 02:44 PM
Taylor was good last year for Cleveland, they're an elite pass rusher from having an amazing DL. Not sure if Mingo is first overall material (not objecting to it, just not sure of it), but the position definitely fits.

D-Unit
10-12-2012, 02:46 PM
Well, Taylor has only played one year and got hurt in the preseason this year. I don't think you can call him a bust yet.
He was a bust at Baylor though. Dude was picked on size and potential, but never merit. Now he has to come back from injury. Odds don't look very promising. But you're right... there's always a chance until you find out.

Docta
10-12-2012, 02:47 PM
The last LB to be taken 1st overall was Aundray Bruce by the Falcons. Love Mingo, but just sayin'..

D-Unit
10-12-2012, 02:47 PM
Taylor was good last year for Cleveland, they're an elite pass rusher from having an amazing DL. Not sure if Mingo is first overall material (not objecting to it, just not sure of it), but the position definitely fits.
Cool, we agree!

draftguru151
10-12-2012, 02:48 PM
Picked a CB with the pick they got for Vontae, nice.

SuperPacker
10-12-2012, 02:48 PM
The last LB to be taken 1st overall was Aundray Bruce by the Falcons. Love Mingo, but just sayin'..

Mingo isn't a linebacker, so I don't see how this is relevant.

D-Unit
10-12-2012, 02:54 PM
He's about 20 pounds lighter than Demarcus Ware and 50 pounds lighter than Mario Williams. LOL.

Docta
10-12-2012, 02:54 PM
He'll most likely be drafted as a 3-4 OLB.

BeerBaron
10-12-2012, 02:55 PM
I know that Broth was just on. Where did he go?