PDA

View Full Version : Rumored Underclassmen Declaring Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Hines
10-04-2012, 10:32 AM
There have already been rumblings of players coming out after the year. Here are some that I found from Tony Pauline:

Continue hearing Morgan Moses/T/Virginia has been meeting/met with agents & leaning towards entering the draft in early stages..mistake imo

I have heard from several sources the past month Akeem Spence/DT/Illinois is very open to/likely to enter the '13 NFL Draft baring disaster

Hearing rumblings Gavin Escobar/TE/SDSU entering + notes on sleepers Sudfeld & Marquardt @ Draft Insider News & Notes: http://www.draftinsider.net/

Halsey
10-04-2012, 02:12 PM
Jarvis Jones will declare unless something unexpected happens. He's made it clear he plans to declare without making an official announcement.

rawdawg
10-04-2012, 09:52 PM
I read that DT Sharrif Floyd and S Matt Elam are likely to leave Florida. I'll post the link if I can find it.

Hines
10-04-2012, 10:19 PM
I read that DT Sharrif Floyd and S Matt Elam are likely to leave Florida. I'll post the link if I can find it.

I know the Florida coaches are pitching that to a recruit that Floyd is leaving.

regoob2
10-04-2012, 10:28 PM
Should probably add the word "Rumored" to the thread title.

Akeem Spence would be making a big mistake by coming out.

duesouth
10-05-2012, 07:55 AM
Should probably add the word "Rumored" to the thread title.

Akeem Spence would be making a big mistake by coming out.

Seen two Illinois games this year and I would agree - he's done little or nothing in both.

MassNole
10-05-2012, 10:22 AM
FSU CB Xavier Rhodes was as good as gone last year before tweaking his knee in the Champs Sports Bowl, I see little chance he is around next year.

Bjoern Werner has said he would go if he was a Top 10 pick, the way he's playing that is certainly possible but time will tell.

Hines
10-08-2012, 12:03 AM
Jawan Jamison is considering as well:

The more i watch him the more Jawan Jamison/RB/Rutgers reminds me of Ray Rice..hearing Jamison considering draft at this early stage...

wicket
10-08-2012, 12:19 PM
tyler eifert is also a pretty good bet to go pro

thenewfeature06
10-09-2012, 10:19 AM
Hate how its not even middle of the season..almost and kids just have there mind made up.

bucfan12
10-09-2012, 04:17 PM
Xavier Rhodes is probably one of the most overrated prospects in this draft. I've watched Florida State vs. Wake Forest, Clemson, S. Florida, and NC STATE. He doesn't look like a 1st round prospect at all.

CashmoneyDrew
10-09-2012, 05:02 PM
Besides the big 3 of Bray, Hunter, and Patterson at UT, another guy to keep an eye on from the Vols is Ja'Wuan James. I included him in the Vols prospects thread I made a few months ago. He's a 6'6" 320 lb. right tackle that is in his third year as a starter. I think he has some upside as a left tackle at the next level which should elevate his stock even more.

dannyz
10-17-2012, 10:35 PM
FSU CB Xavier Rhodes was as good as gone last year before tweaking his knee in the Champs Sports Bowl, I see little chance he is around next year.

Bjoern Werner has said he would go if he was a Top 10 pick, the way he's playing that is certainly possible but time will tell.

I think he might look at Jenkins and Decide to Leave if he is a Top 15 Pick.

I know it's the Middle of the Season but who else is thinking about Declaring?

PeterMurray
10-19-2012, 10:27 AM
You all heard it hear first, Luke Joeckel will be going back to school next year. I think he will project as a top ten pick but he will still return to school.

MassNole
10-19-2012, 11:21 AM
I think he might look at Jenkins and Decide to Leave if he is a Top 15 Pick.

I know it's the Middle of the Season but who else is thinking about Declaring?

For FSU?

Christian Jones was believed to be a possibility to go early, but he hasn't taken that step forward that would justify that decision. But he is learning a new position which could cut into his productivity. Honestly he should have stayed where he was and Nick Moody should have taken over Nigel Bradham's old spot.

If Lamarcus Joyner was 3-4" taller, he'd be a near lock to go out early, but ultimately his size keeps him at school.

Other than that barring a Geno Hayes level stupid decision, I don't see anyone else even considering leaving early.

Duffman57
10-20-2012, 04:00 AM
For FSU?

Christian Jones was believed to be a possibility to go early, but he hasn't taken that step forward that would justify that decision. But he is learning a new position which could cut into his productivity. Honestly he should have stayed where he was and Nick Moody should have taken over Nigel Bradham's old spot.

If Lamarcus Joyner was 3-4" taller, he'd be a near lock to go out early, but ultimately his size keeps him at school.

Other than that barring a Geno Hayes level stupid decision, I don't see anyone else even considering leaving early.

Werner should go, hes only a RS Jr this year.

Hines
11-08-2012, 02:54 PM
Got these from Rotoworld:

Minnesota redshirt junior DT Ra'Shede Hageman is already admitting that he will consider leaving for the NFL after this season.
I probably want to see where I would be draft-wise," Hageman said. "If anything I kind of want to sit down and talk to somebody and just hear what I need to do to improve myself." The Gopher is very long and somewhat lean for the position and still struggles to keep his pad level low, but the flashes are very intriguing.

BYU junior OLB Kyle Van Noy has yet to decide his potential NFL future following the 2012 season.
"That will be something that I will have a discussion with my parents about after the final game," Van Noy said. However, the junior may have hinted he is leaning towards leaving after saying "(BYU) will always have players that will fill in, and keep moving on and keep getting better." He doesn't have the upside of teammate Ezekiel Ansah, but Van Noy is relentless in his pursuit. However, age is always a potential issue with BYU players.

Van Noy looks to be a pretty good pro prospect. I do not know his age, but the kid is a baller. He has 4 career interceptions, 16.5 sacks, and 35 tackles for loss with a few games left. He's also forced 8 fumbles. He is listed at 6'3 235 pounds. Haven't seen much film on him, but the numbers say a day 2 pick.

Hageman has a nice frame and looks to have a lot of potential, but not sure if he'll reach that(based on what this says) and has character concerns.

bruschis4all
11-08-2012, 04:47 PM
You all heard it hear first, Luke Joeckel will be going back to school next year. I think he will project as a top ten pick but he will still return to school.

OL will be really weak if Joeckel and Matthews return to school. Same with Lewan from Michigan. A lot of their guys stay. If those 3 return, fugly at OT in this draft.

rawdawg
11-08-2012, 04:55 PM
CBS Sportsline has Joeckel as their #1 overall prospect. It's possible he's a top 10 pick this year.

nofalcons10
11-08-2012, 06:44 PM
Got these from Rotoworld:

Hageman has a nice frame and looks to have a lot of potential, but not sure if he'll reach that(based on what this says) and has character concerns.

I like hageman.

I think he has six sacks and could turn out to be another akeim hicks or poor man's richard seymour. I really hope he comes out.

descendency
11-08-2012, 07:17 PM
Jawan Jamison is considering as well:

Jamison isn't Ray Rice like at all - except that he's small (and black).

Bert Macklin
11-08-2012, 07:39 PM
Mingo and maybe Logan

Big Bird
11-08-2012, 10:37 PM
CBS Sportsline has Joeckel as their #1 overall prospect. It's possible he's a top 10 pick this year.
The guy has been in my top 5 since before the season and should be in everybody's. He is an excellent football player.

Jake Long stayed until he graduated though, so it's certainly possible he stays. But Joeckel is a top 3 lock if he declares because he plays a premier position and is one of the best prospects at the position in sometime.

And what is wrong with Xavier Rhodes that caused somebody to say he is overrated? He is a complete shutdown corner. If he declares, along with Millner, then those two along with Banks make a really nice trio of corners at the top. Add-in D.J. Hayden (if he comes back healthy) and Poyer in the 2nd round, it's a nice class at the top. I really like Carrington Byndom and Nickell Robey as well, but I don't think they declare.

Hines
11-13-2012, 06:48 PM
Here are some rumblings I have found on Rotoworld:

SI's Tony Pauline is hearing that it is a "forgone conclusion" Tennessee junior QB Tyler Bray and junior WR Justin Hunter will enter the 2013 NFL Draft.
Those same sources also said character issues could raise red flags on Bray. The Vols will almost certainly have a new coaching staff next season so Bray has a chance to improve his game under different decision makers, but we don't disagree with this "foregone conclusion." Pauline adds that junior receiver Cordarrelle Patterson is likely to stay.

Ohio State redshirt sophomore CB Bradley Roby will consider declaring for the NFL if he receives first-round consideration, according to SI's Tony Pauline.
Behind defensive tackle Johnathan Hankins, Roby may be the Buckeyes most talented defender, but his lack of experience has shown up at times this season while getting beat in one on one matchups. Still, NFL teams will covet his athleticism, likely enough to make ROby a top-40 selection.

SI's Tony Pauline is hearing that Ohio State junior DT Johnathan Hankins has told people around him that it is "95 percent" certain he is entering April's Draft.
Pauline adds that sources also say that head coach Urban Meyer "has been making a full court press" to get Hankins to stay one more season. The junior has apparently listened to what Meyer is saying, but 95 percent is a pretty strong stance. Prior to the season, Hankins appeared more open to returning for a final year. Although he hasn't been as consistently dominant as many hope, Hankins will battle to be the top defensive tackle selected.

Clemson junior QB Tajh Boyd stated that his status for returning for the 2013 season is "up in the air."
Boyd indicated that it would be hard to leave his teammates for the NFL. We cannot put into words how much the junior has improved this season, and the weight he lost prior to the 2012 season has allowed for far better pocket mobility. Boyd has kept his eyes up more this season, avoiding many sacks that he would have taken last year.

CashmoneyDrew
11-13-2012, 07:01 PM
Word on the street around UT is that Patterson won't have the grades to return next season even if he wants to. The same goes for Darrington Sentimore apparently. I hope that's false, though.

Robcards
11-14-2012, 01:06 AM
Has there been any word on what Michael Dyer intends to do after this year? Character issues aside he's still one of my favorite RBs if he declares and would love for the Jets to take a gamble on him.

Caulibflower
11-14-2012, 02:34 AM
If Dyer declares, he's immediately my no. 1 running back.

Hines
11-14-2012, 05:30 AM
I think Dyer declares.

Aaron Murray might declare as well:

SI's Tony Pauline passes along word that the "chances are very likely" that Georgia junior QB Aaron Murray will enter the 2013 NFL Draft.
According to Pauline, "size is one of the knocks on Murray and he understands he won’t get much bigger (taller) over the next year." Up until a few weeks ago, Murray could have been considered the most consistent brand name junior quarterback, but he has tailed off recently.

dannyz
11-16-2012, 04:44 PM
Nick Saban said DJ Fluker is probably going to Declare.

wicket
11-16-2012, 04:52 PM
Notre Dame rb Cierre Wood is prolly gonna declare

keylime_5
11-16-2012, 05:17 PM
If you're not gonna be a top pick (aaron murray) why leave early? You can go in round 2 or 3 this year or you wait a year and go in the same spot next year.

CashmoneyDrew
11-16-2012, 05:37 PM
If you're not gonna be a top pick (aaron murray) why leave early? You can go in round 2 or 3 this year or you wait a year and go in the same spot next year.

Get to that second contract a year earlier.

keylime_5
11-16-2012, 05:48 PM
yeah, i get that for some guys....but for Murray why in such a hurry to go to the NFL where you are much more likely to be a career backup when you can stay another year at Georgia and be the star starting QB and all-american, etc.?

Hines
11-16-2012, 09:19 PM
Todd McShay said that Akeem Spence is probably going to declare. No surprise, though.

John Preston
11-18-2012, 02:07 AM
I will guarantee that Sheldon Richardson declares. He spent two years in JuCo b/c he couldn't qualify for Mizzou, and after his suspension for skipping class/study hall, Pinkel sounded like he was done with him. Missouri's defense was absolutely destroyed by a fairly pedestrian Syracuse offense, and a large part of that came from the complete absence of an interior rush, something Richardson has supplied all year against far superior competition.

I'd bet that he started skipping classes because he's already made his decisions and sees the classes as a waste of his time.

He is an absolutely phenomenal talent. Returned kicks in HS in addition to being a defensive monster. Uses his hands tremendously well and has a very quick burst off of the line and an ability to split the double team with regularity. He's also a high motor player. Every game he seems to run down a back or receiver from behind, and in a few games has forced a fumble when doing it.

I'd knock him a bit for conditioning, as he's almost always less effective in the second half, but being double teamed in the SEC and having no other threats on the line w/ an offense that can't stay on the field will contribute to that. If I were a team I'd be concerned about his character issues. He's not a bad kid, but he's definitely a knucklehead and he'll need structure and a no-nonsense coach to maximize his talent.

He can potentially wreck worlds as a three technique. You could make a good case that he's been the best DL in the SEC outside of Clowney.

dannyz
11-19-2012, 07:05 PM
Brandon Jenkins DE, FSU Declaring. Smart move, why go back and risk another injury?

Halsey
11-19-2012, 07:09 PM

When you're at the top of the country in passer rating, and your team is 10-1, why stay? He's been at UGA four years and is working on his graduate studies. Staying another year is just as likely to hurt his stock as help it.

Duffman57
11-19-2012, 08:12 PM
I've heard Bradley Roby is looking to come out. Any news on that?

holt_bruce81
11-19-2012, 08:20 PM
I will guarantee that Sheldon Richardson declares. He spent two years in JuCo b/c he couldn't qualify for Mizzou, and after his suspension for skipping class/study hall, Pinkel sounded like he was done with him. Missouri's defense was absolutely destroyed by a fairly pedestrian Syracuse offense, and a large part of that came from the complete absence of an interior rush, something Richardson has supplied all year against far superior competition.

I'd bet that he started skipping classes because he's already made his decisions and sees the classes as a waste of his time.

He is an absolutely phenomenal talent. Returned kicks in HS in addition to being a defensive monster. Uses his hands tremendously well and has a very quick burst off of the line and an ability to split the double team with regularity. He's also a high motor player. Every game he seems to run down a back or receiver from behind, and in a few games has forced a fumble when doing it.

I'd knock him a bit for conditioning, as he's almost always less effective in the second half, but being double teamed in the SEC and having no other threats on the line w/ an offense that can't stay on the field will contribute to that. If I were a team I'd be concerned about his character issues. He's not a bad kid, but he's definitely a knucklehead and he'll need structure and a no-nonsense coach to maximize his talent.

He can potentially wreck worlds as a three technique. You could make a good case that he's been the best DL in the SEC outside of Clowney.

He has rocks for brains. I think every Mizzou fan knew he's only be around for one season.

Hines
11-19-2012, 08:42 PM

He said if he's projected to be a first rounder he'll declare. I think he'll end up being one.

Hines
11-19-2012, 08:43 PM
Brandon Jenkins DE, FSU Declaring. Smart move, why go back and risk another injury?

If he heals, he'll be a steal in the third day.

regoob2
11-19-2012, 09:08 PM
Brandon Jenkins DE, FSU Declaring. Smart move, why go back and risk another injury?Where did you hear that?

Ozzy
11-19-2012, 09:33 PM
regoob2
Where did you hear that?I heard that too, I saw it on the ESPN ticker...

JHL6719
11-19-2012, 11:18 PM
I think 4th round is a good over/under for Brandon Jenkins... he'll go with the 116th pick.

descendency
11-19-2012, 11:28 PM
I think 4th round is a good over/under for Brandon Jenkins... he'll go with the 116th pick.

Divide that number by 3 and that's the actual over under.

duesouth
11-20-2012, 04:11 AM
When you're at the top of the country in passer rating, and your team is 10-1, why stay? He's been at UGA four years and is working on his graduate studies. Staying another year is just as likely to hurt his stock as help it.

For all the talk of the SEC being the best conference, Murray has basically played two tough games all year - South Carolina and Florida.

South Carolina - 11/31, 109 yards, 0 TD and 1 INT - big loss.

Florida - 12/24, 150 yards, 1 TD and 3 INT - although they pulled out the win he was poor.

Unless he has a great game against Alabama he can help his stock by returning and playing better against the top defenses, something that has been an issue throughout his career.

MassNole
11-20-2012, 08:00 AM
http://www.tomahawknation.com/2012/11/19/3668498/brandon-jenkins-forgo-senior-season-florida-state-entering-nfl-draft

Iamcanadian
11-22-2012, 08:18 AM
It is rumoured with the Tennessee firing of their HC, that WR's Justin Hunter and Patterson will declare and RT Ju'Wuan James is also leaning toward declaring. Bray is still up in the air.

CashmoneyDrew
11-22-2012, 09:34 AM
It is rumoured with the Tennessee firing of their HC, that WR's Justin Hunter and Patterson will declare and RT Ju'Wuan James is also leaning toward declaring. Bray is still up in the air.

I don't think Dooley being fired has anything to do with those two WRs going pro.

keylime_5
11-22-2012, 10:18 AM

He's considering it. Leads nation in pass breakups. First round pick, but hopefully the coaches talk him into staying b/c he's only a rSO and he could be so much better. I think he should/will stay one more year, but that money is tempting to these kids we all know.

Halsey
11-22-2012, 10:48 AM
For all the talk of the SEC being the best conference, Murray has basically played two tough games all year

He's only played two tough games if you're a fan on a message board. Starting at QB for a major college football program in the SEC is hard. There's no QB in the country who plays a top 10 team every week.

MassNole
11-22-2012, 10:57 AM
He's only played two tough games if you're a fan on a message board. Starting at QB for a major college football program in the SEC is hard. There's no QB in the country who plays a top 10 team every week.

Doesn't explain why he plays so poorly in games against good teams.

Halsey
11-22-2012, 01:03 PM
Doesn't explain why he plays so poorly in games against good teams.

He doesn't play poorly against good teams. He's played at UGA for 3 years. Out of those games you're selecting two games against elite college defenses and box score scouting them. That's not how NFL teams scout players.

Duffman57
11-22-2012, 04:52 PM
He's considering it. Leads nation in pass breakups. First round pick, but hopefully the coaches talk him into staying b/c he's only a rSO and he could be so much better. I think he should/will stay one more year, but that money is tempting to these kids we all know.

I heard he was going to plan to declare if the board gave him a 1st round grade. Not sure about if thats true or not, but thats what i remember from PFT. I really hope he does, PERFECT fit for the Chargers in our off-man system.

YAYareaRB
11-22-2012, 11:27 PM
Kyle Van Noy OLB BYU

duesouth
11-23-2012, 03:47 AM
He doesn't play poorly against good teams. He's played at UGA for 3 years. Out of those games you're selecting two games against elite college defenses and box score scouting them. That's not how NFL teams scout players.

I watched both games and the defense got pressure and he was rattled big time. Let's see how he does against Alabama...

Cigaro
11-28-2012, 06:53 PM
CLEMSON – Clemson quarterback Tajh Boyd said Wednesday afternoon that he would submit his paperwork for the NFL Draft, and once all of the information is gathered he would sit down with his family and coaches and make the best decision in regards to whether he comes back for a senior season or enters the draft.

http://www.tigernet.com/view/story.do?id=11207

Seems like it could be a logical move. His stock isn't going to improve any more by staying, and this class is pretty weak.

jrdrylie
11-28-2012, 10:20 PM
I'm split on Boyd. Another huge season and he could be the top senior QB in the 2014 draft. On the other hand, I could actually see him breaking into the top-15 this season.

SolidGold
11-29-2012, 09:10 AM
Honey Badger is going to declare

descendency
11-29-2012, 09:19 AM

I wonder how much weed he'll smoke after being drafted in round 7 (or not at all)...

jrdrylie
11-29-2012, 09:21 AM

Not fast, not big, hasn't played in a year, a head full of rocks, and a laundry list of character concerns. I can't see him going before Day Three. With that said, if he is there in the sixth round, I wouldn't mind the Bears taking a flier on him. He could be a decent slot corner, he could play special teams, and he'd give us another returner.

Bert Macklin
11-29-2012, 10:38 AM
Not fast, not big, hasn't played in a year, a head full of rocks, and a laundry list of character concerns. I can't see him going before Day Three. With that said, if he is there in the sixth round, I wouldn't mind the Bears taking a flier on him. He could be a decent slot corner, he could play special teams, and he'd give us another returner.

He's fast and if football instincts were rated he'd be a 98.

ramsrule
11-29-2012, 10:41 AM
Huge mistake if he does, but I would not be surprised if Seantrel Henderson left early.

jrdrylie
11-29-2012, 11:01 AM
He's fast and if football instincts were rated he'd be a 98.

His timed speed is very below average. He's probably a 4.55-4.6 guy. He will never be able to be a man-to-man guy on the outside. His ceiling is a slot corner.

JohnCandy
11-29-2012, 11:18 AM
Huge mistake if he does, but I would not be surprised if Seantrel Henderson left early.

Is Henderson any good.

keylime_5
11-29-2012, 11:23 AM
Is Henderson any good.

He's like a much more talented Mike Adams but with less refined of a game.

MassNole
11-29-2012, 11:37 AM
It makes no sense for him to stay, but Bjoern Werner is saying the types of things kids who stay do regarding the search for a new DC.

StickSkills
11-29-2012, 11:45 AM
Jelani Jenkins, LB, UF is skipping his 5th year to go into the draft.

Cigaro
11-29-2012, 11:59 AM
I'm split on Boyd. Another huge season and he could be the top senior QB in the 2014 draft. On the other hand, I could actually see him breaking into the top-15 this season.

He may be losing a decent chunk of his offense this year. Ellington, Ford and Freeman are surely gone. Hopkins may declare, and Chad Morris may take a head coaching gig(interviewing at NC State). Of course those two could stay, but if they leave I think he's gone as well.

derza222
11-30-2012, 10:08 PM
Amerson supposedly declaring.

Hines
11-30-2012, 10:17 PM
Sheldon Richardson declared.

descendency
11-30-2012, 10:38 PM

He should go back, have a better year and go in the first round (top 10). Leaving on a down year is a bad idea.

JohnCandy
11-30-2012, 11:08 PM

Can Henderson play LT?

What were the off field issues that held him back at Miami?

armageddon
12-03-2012, 05:49 PM
Anybody have any vibes regarding Jake Mathews? Also, anyway he can fill in at LT in a pinch? I am only asking because if the Rams take him and Saffold gets hurt, can Mathews slide over to LT? Saffold is a very good LT and somebody said Mathews is stronger and meaner than Saffold.

Shane P. Hallam
12-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Keenan Allen has officially declared for the draft.

http://www.calbears.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/120512aaf.html

MassNole
12-05-2012, 04:58 PM
Keenan Allen has officially declared for the draft.

http://www.calbears.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/120512aaf.html

Shocker of all shockers.

Hines
12-05-2012, 05:09 PM
I think Allen is the first WR selected if his knee is OK by workout time.

duesouth
12-06-2012, 03:15 AM

Now official (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/21218771/report-nc-state-cb-amerson-heading-to-nfl). He's waited a few days as he's been burning all copies of the Tennessee and Miami tapes!!

JRTPlaya21
12-07-2012, 02:20 PM
Amerson tweeted he hasn't made a decision yet.

bucfan12
12-07-2012, 02:42 PM
Amerson tweeted he hasn't made a decision yet.

Bold move, but I think he gets looked at by scouts as a FS, where he can be dangerous.

Robcards
12-07-2012, 09:46 PM
Bold move, but I think he gets looked at by scouts as a FS, where he can be dangerous.

Wouldn't primarily cover 2 team give him a look at corner? The Vikings in particular come to mind

regoob2
12-08-2012, 09:41 AM
Wouldn't primarily cover 2 team give him a look at corner? The Vikings in particular come to mindYa any team that runs a lot of zone would.

ramsrule
12-08-2012, 02:31 PM

Loads of talent, just has not put it all together yet. Injuries and being in Golden's doghouse have not helped.

Giantsfan1080
12-10-2012, 10:52 AM
Marcus Lattimore has officially declared today.

BeerBaron
12-10-2012, 11:34 AM
Marcus Lattimore has officially declared today.

Link: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/10/marucs-lattimore-enters-nfl-draft-may-miss-rookie-year/

I think some team takes a flier no later than the 3rd round. Maybe some team already fairly stacked and can risk the pick to do it (Patriots? Packers?)

If he gets back to even 80% of what he once was, you are still getting a quality RB. If he gets back to 100% your gamble will pay off big time. If he never gets back to that level, oh well...3rd round picks have been squandered on less. (Maurice Clarrett anyone?)

Malaka
12-10-2012, 11:51 AM
Link: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/10/marucs-lattimore-enters-nfl-draft-may-miss-rookie-year/

I think some team takes a flier no later than the 3rd round. Maybe some team already fairly stacked and can risk the pick to do it (Patriots? Packers?)

If he gets back to even 80% of what he once was, you are still getting a quality RB. If he gets back to 100% your gamble will pay off big time. If he never gets back to that level, oh well...3rd round picks have been squandered on less. (Maurice Clarrett anyone?)

I doubt the Pats. They have too many RBs right now. Then again BB seems to always do the opposite of what is expected.

The Packers I could potentially see taking the risk, but does he even fit that offense? How good is he out of the backfield and how good is his pass pro? I guess if its the third round he's worth a shot anyway but with a pass heavy offense like GB I don't think he'd exactly flourish there even if healthy.

BeerBaron
12-10-2012, 12:03 PM
I doubt the Pats. They have too many RBs right now. Then again BB seems to always do the opposite of what is expected.

The Packers I could potentially see taking the risk, but does he even fit that offense? How good is he out of the backfield and how good is his pass pro? I guess if its the third round he's worth a shot anyway but with a pass heavy offense like GB I don't think he'd exactly flourish there even if healthy.

As you say, the Pats just seem to do whatever they want. Did they really NEED Gronk and Hernandez that year? Both of them? Probably not, but they took them and things worked out very well.

As for the Packers...do any of their current backs do any of those thing well? I mean, they brought in Cedric Benson this offseason to be their primary back and he does basically nothing other than trudge ahead for 3-4 yards. If there happens to be a hole in front of him, he might go further. If not, he just plods into the backs of the linemen.

Teams willing to adjust their scheme to fit their talent are becoming more and more successful while those who do the opposite are not.

Malaka
12-10-2012, 12:25 PM
As you say, the Pats just seem to do whatever they want. Did they really NEED Gronk and Hernandez that year? Both of them? Probably not, but they took them and things worked out very well.

As for the Packers...do any of their current backs do any of those thing well? I mean, they brought in Cedric Benson this offseason to be their primary back and he does basically nothing other than trudge ahead for 3-4 yards. If there happens to be a hole in front of him, he might go further. If not, he just plods into the backs of the linemen.

Teams willing to adjust their scheme to fit their talent are becoming more and more successful while those who do the opposite are not.

I agree with you on the both accounts.

However, with the Pats I don't see any value whatsoever in adding a 5th RB. Unless they plan on running a Wing-T offense with Gronk and Hernie at TE and they start rotating RBs in the back.

Regarding the Packers, I just don't see Lattimore as a great fit in the offense. You are right that teams willing to adjust are more successful (one of the reasons I despise Perry Fewell) but that teams strength is in the pass game why add someone who doesn't really fit that? I understand you're point with Benson but that was clearly desperation, and yes, if Lattimore is the highest rated player they should go with him. I just feel like the Packers will have someone rated higher than him and take that person instead.

ph90702
12-10-2012, 12:30 PM
I don't see Marcus Lattimore getting drafted until the last round. He's too much of a risk with his injury history. He sustained a concussion and injuries to both knees at South Carolina.

ph90702
12-10-2012, 12:31 PM
The Packers need help on the offensive line. They're terrible. Rodgers gets sacked too much, and there's no holes in the running game.

Leon Sandcastle
12-10-2012, 12:36 PM
3rd rounder for Lattimore? Unless you're a team who's pretty much stacked at most positions I can't see that happening.

Even then you could probably get him later. I hope he gets drafted. Such a good kid. That last injury was brutal.

Hines
12-10-2012, 02:01 PM
Jonathan Hankins has officially declared as well.

RCAChainGang
12-10-2012, 02:28 PM
Some team is going to take Lattimore by at least the 4th round whether you think it is a good idea or not. Like BB said, 3rd round picks have been squandered on less.

JohnCandy
12-10-2012, 05:26 PM
3rd rounder for Lattimore? Unless you're a team who's pretty much stacked at most positions I can't see that happening.

Even then you could probably get him later. I hope he gets drafted. Such a good kid. That last injury was brutal.

McGahee was a 1st round pick and had every bit as bad an injury later in the season.

CashmoneyDrew
12-10-2012, 05:38 PM
McGahee was probably a better prospect. And also wasn't coming off of an ACL injury that I remember.

Robcards
12-10-2012, 05:45 PM
McGahee was probably a better prospect. And also wasn't coming off of an ACL injury that I remember.

McGahee's injury was almost as brutal. I think everything that happened to Lattimore minus the broken femur. The leg bent backwards on that play as well and up until Lattimore was one of the most gruesome leg injuries in Football. Also happened much closer to the draft as well.

MassNole
12-10-2012, 06:21 PM
McGahee was a 1st round pick and had every bit as bad an injury later in the season.

McGahee didn't have 3 season ending injuries in college though.

Robcards
12-10-2012, 06:34 PM
McGahee didn't have 3 season ending injuries in college though.

All I could find about his 2010 injury was that it knocked him out of the chick-fil-a bowl, and while technically that would be season ending, it didn't say anything about a ligament tear or anything that serious, so I think you're using the term loosely. From what I gathered it was simply a concussion, so let's just say he had 2 season-ending injuries.

MassNole
12-10-2012, 07:15 PM
Didn't he break his jaw?

Cigaro
12-10-2012, 07:41 PM
Didn't he break his jaw?

No, he had a concussion and a mouth cut. Calling that a season ending injury simply because it happened in the last game of the season is extremely disingenuous.

Shane P. Hallam
12-11-2012, 05:54 PM
Trabis Ward from Tennessee State declares:

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20121211/SPORTS/312110063/Tennessee-State-s-Trabis-Ward-declare-NFL-draft?nclick_check=1

Scott Wright
12-11-2012, 06:00 PM
Trabis Ward from Tennessee State declares:

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20121211/SPORTS/312110063/Tennessee-State-s-Trabis-Ward-declare-NFL-draft?nclick_check=1

We're going to talk with our small school guru Josh Buchanan about Ward on the podcast tonight (12/11), but we'd both be shocked if he was selected.

MassNole
12-12-2012, 10:48 AM
Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline
Sources have confided RB's Giovani Bernard/UNC & Eddie Lacy/Alabama will enter the draft...DJ Fluker/T/Albama will follow suit

Shane P. Hallam
12-12-2012, 11:20 AM
Knile Davis has declared.

Along the Gio Bernard story, Pauline indicates some potential medical troubles.

JHL6719
12-12-2012, 12:05 PM
All I could find about his 2010 injury was that it knocked him out of the chick-fil-a bowl, and while technically that would be season ending, it didn't say anything about a ligament tear or anything that serious, so I think you're using the term loosely. From what I gathered it was simply a concussion, so let's just say he had 2 season-ending injuries.

Greg Reid came up and popped Lattimore after catching a pass out of the backfield...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDl-rsZYVQY

SchizophrenicBatman
12-12-2012, 01:08 PM
Bernard hasnt been healthy since middle school. Still, when he plays he's good.

JRTPlaya21
12-12-2012, 03:50 PM
A.J. McCarron will return for his Senior year.

MassNole
12-12-2012, 04:44 PM
A.J. McCarron will return for his Senior year.

Should improve him from a Sixth Rounder to a Fifth Rounder.

JRTPlaya21
12-12-2012, 04:58 PM
Beats going undrafted like E.J. flop is about to go.

MassNole
12-12-2012, 06:43 PM

:facepalm:

Barring a significant injury in the Orange Bowl or Senior Bowl there is a 0% chance E.J. Manuel goes undrafted.

JRTPlaya21
12-12-2012, 07:09 PM
Who is going to waste a draft pick on that bum? Please enlighten me. If he goes anything higher then 5th round I'll die laughing.

Scott Wright
12-12-2012, 07:23 PM
Knile Davis is interesting. Coming off a very disappointing season and durability is a concern but may have as much sheer talent as any running back in this class. I know he is pretty highly-thought of within the scouting community as well. At least he was last fall and this past summer. I think Davis probably projects as a mid-rounder at this point but could climb into the top three rounds if he works out well. Could easily fall to the late rounds too though.

CashmoneyDrew
12-12-2012, 09:36 PM
Da'Rick Rogers officially declared today.

JHL6719
12-13-2012, 10:03 AM
there is a 0% chance E.J. Manuel goes undrafted.

Only because he doesn't have to play against SEC competition every week.

CashmoneyDrew
12-13-2012, 10:37 AM
Only because he doesn't have to play against SEC competition every week.

Yes, because that's clearly A.J. McCarron's problem as a prospect. :njx:

jrdrylie
12-13-2012, 11:15 AM
Tennessee Receiver Justin Hunter is going pro

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2012/12/13/3763012/justin-hunter-2013-nfl-draft-tennessee-football

scottyboy
12-13-2012, 12:01 PM
I'm hoping Jawan Jamison goes pro. It's weird to say, but it'd be the best for him. I'd miss watching him play, but he'd go into the NFL with low mileage and I think he could find a great spot. He could go 2nd-3rd round IMO. Great ability to cut. Quick and shifty. Great hands and pass pro too.

And it'd also open up a chance for Savon Huggins to be our feature back next year which would also be exciting and give me another great back to hype up in 2 years for the draft.

draftguru151
12-14-2012, 09:39 AM
Gio. <333

Hopefully the medical stuff isn't bad.

y.f.s.
12-14-2012, 10:48 AM

Someone will take a flyer on him in the late rounds. I don't think any team really envisions him as a starter right now, but he can be developed into a long-term backup who can make spot starts.

Shane P. Hallam
12-14-2012, 04:51 PM
Gio Bernard declares:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21401552/unc-rb-giovanni-bernard-leaves-school-for-nfl-draft

holt_bruce81
12-14-2012, 11:29 PM
I really like Knile Davis If he goes to a team with a ZBS, I think he can be a very good back. I'd take a chance on him in the 3rd-4th round.

kwilk103
12-17-2012, 01:28 PM
Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN

RT @mikecasazza: Dana Holgorsen says redshirt junior WR Stedman Bailey will go pro following Pinstripe Bowl

holt_bruce81
12-17-2012, 05:34 PM
Not sure if posted already, but Louis Nix is staying in school.

wicket
12-18-2012, 01:54 PM
Not sure if posted already, but Louis Nix is staying in school.

zach martin as well

CashmoneyDrew
12-18-2012, 01:56 PM
UT offensive tackle Ja'Wuan James is returning for his senior season as well.

Grizzlegom
12-18-2012, 03:56 PM
Just saw on Twitter that Washington State QB Jeff Tuel will be declaring.

EDIT: It turns out he was already a senior but probably could have gotten another year of eligibility. Decided to just go pro instead of fighting for it.

dannyz
12-18-2012, 06:15 PM
Just saw that Kevin Minter ILB, LSU Graduated and might Declare.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/131842/kevin-minter

regoob2
12-18-2012, 06:27 PM
Just saw that Kevin Minter ILB, LSU Graduated and might Declare.
Are you assuming this based off of him graduating? Link?

Robcards
12-19-2012, 10:58 AM
Akeem Spence - DT - Illinois has declared for the draft.

Kyle Long - OG - Oregon denied extra year of eligibility so will enter the draft.

Leon Sandcastle
12-19-2012, 12:05 PM
I hope Minter declares. Any news on BYU's Kyle Van Noy?

Robcards
12-20-2012, 08:41 AM
Alvin Bailey - OG - Arkansas has declared for the draft. This has to be a horrendous decision. This is already one of the strongest OG crops coming out so I can't imagine he'd get taken very high. Also, considering incoming head coach Bielema's outstanding track record with offensive linemen, why not stay another year? Makes no sense to me

MassNole
12-20-2012, 08:43 AM
Alvin Bailey - OG - Arkansas has declared for the draft. This has to be a horrendous decision. This is already one of the strongest OG crops coming out so I can't imagine he'd get taken very high. Also, considering incoming head coach Bielema's outstanding track record with offensive linemen, why not stay another year? Makes no sense to me

9/10 times it is an issue with grades and eligibility.

Unbiased
12-20-2012, 11:49 AM
DeAndre Coleman

He's always been that giant with all the potential. Can't wait to see which team takes him in the top 3 rounds to see him fall on his face.

Cigaro
12-20-2012, 06:01 PM
Tyler Bray is declaring.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/bruce-feldman/21431059/tennessee-qb-bray-leaving-for-nfl-draft

soybean
12-20-2012, 08:01 PM
Tyler Bray is declaring.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/bruce-feldman/21431059/tennessee-qb-bray-leaving-for-nfl-draft

This will allow for a lot more flexibility for teams. Now they won't need to reach in the first since at least 1 of the bottom tier qbs will be available at the top of the 2nd.

rawdawg
12-20-2012, 08:47 PM
I'm a big fan of Bray in the NFL. Needs to go to a team with a good QB coach/OC and probably be the #2 for a year, but I think he's the biggest upside in this draft at QB.

CashmoneyDrew
12-20-2012, 08:48 PM
Nate Peterman era y'all!

bucfan12
12-20-2012, 09:14 PM
This will allow for a lot more flexibility for teams. Now they won't need to reach in the first since at least 1 of the bottom tier qbs will be available at the top of the 2nd.

This makes me LOL.

JRTPlaya21
12-20-2012, 09:22 PM
Cordarrelle Patterson most likely going pro.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2012/dec/19/butch-jones-says-cordarrelle-patterson-going-to/

smittyjs
12-20-2012, 10:36 PM
Cordarrelle Patterson most likely going pro.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2012/dec/19/butch-jones-says-cordarrelle-patterson-going-to/
top ten pick for sure this kid is going to be a beast in the nfl

Giantsfan1080
12-21-2012, 12:30 PM
As the days go by it sounds more and more like CB Logan Ryan from Rutgers is going to declare.

Don Vito
12-21-2012, 04:09 PM
Bray, Hunter, and Patterson all going pro. Rough draw for UT but not too surprising.

Still pissed we didn't get to see those three and Darick together this season.

shylo3716
12-21-2012, 08:57 PM
Any word on Tajh Boyd and DeAndre Hopkins?

bruschis4all
12-22-2012, 11:38 AM
Any word on Tajh Boyd and DeAndre Hopkins?

IPTAY is negotiating new contracts. They freed up some cap space since Robert Nkemdiche - DE de-committed.

Iamcanadian
12-23-2012, 11:01 AM
updated list as of 21/12/12

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Underclassmen.php

dmoneyrockin
12-26-2012, 04:59 PM
Heard Duron Carter has left FAU. Possibly heading to the draft. Probably won't get drafted, but has a lot of talent but has a lot of issues with acedemics.

Hines
12-27-2012, 04:44 AM
Tony Pauline is reporting that Travis Frederick is leaning towards declaring for the draft.

There are rumors that Western Kentucky LB Andrew Jackson will declare, though he is 50-50.

Walter Football said sources told him that Kenny Stills and Trey Hillard are declaring for the draft.

Punisher
12-27-2012, 08:58 AM
USC WR Robert Woods is announcing to go pro on Monday

Don Vito
12-27-2012, 04:30 PM
Heard Duron Carter has left FAU. Possibly heading to the draft. Probably won't get drafted, but has a lot of talent but has a lot of issues with acedemics.

http://a.espncdn.com/media/pg2/2002/1022/photo/a_carter_i.jpg

COME ON, MAN!!!

JRTPlaya21
12-28-2012, 02:01 PM
Kwame Geathers is leaning toward going pro.

TheSchmidt
12-30-2012, 08:04 PM
RB Stefphon Jefferson, Nevada, is going pro

Hines
12-30-2012, 08:07 PM
Logan Ryan is announcing at 11 tomorrow. I expect him to go pro.

G Mobile
12-30-2012, 09:38 PM
Demontre Moore DE Texas A&M is going pro

Robcards
12-30-2012, 10:37 PM
Demontre Moore DE Texas A&M is going pro

No surprise there. Fingers crossed he makes it to pick 9 for the Jets (not holding my breath)

bruschis4all
12-31-2012, 07:51 AM
Matt Elam's high school coach Jack Daniels..for real..said he's going pro.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/30/hs-coach-elam-leaving-gators-for-nfl/

scottyboy
12-31-2012, 09:01 AM
Logan Ryan going pro. Not surprised but sad to see him go. Oh well, another stud knight in the nfl

MassNole
12-31-2012, 10:17 AM
http://gifsoup.com/view2/4222666/meanlick-o.gif

One of the super insiders for FSU said Menelik Watson told his adviser not to bother signing him up for classes this spring as he's going pro. Had he stayed one more year, he'd have been a Top 10 pick. As it stands now, once NFL teams lose their **** over his measureables and potential, he's a late Second to Fourth round pick. He will likely be the best OL FSU has put into the league since Walter Jones. Kid is a straight out freak.

Giantsfan1080
12-31-2012, 10:18 AM
Logan Ryan officially declared this morning.

Scott Wright
12-31-2012, 10:33 AM
http://gifsoup.com/view2/4222666/meanlick-o.gif

One of the super insiders for FSU said Menelik Watson told his adviser not to bother signing him up for classes this spring as he's going pro. Had he stayed one more year, he'd have been a Top 10 pick. As it stands now, once NFL teams lose their **** over his measureables and potential, he's a late Second to Fourth round pick. He will likely be the best OL FSU has put into the league since Walter Jones. Kid is a straight out freak.

Can definitely see why he would go considering his rough upbringing, family situation (wife and kid) and the fact that he's a little older than the average prospect. Raw but you can't teach that size and athleticism. Tremendous upside and should kill it in pre-draft workouts.

MassNole
12-31-2012, 11:04 AM
Can definitely see why he would go considering his rough upbringing, family situation (wife and kid) and the fact that he's a little older than the average prospect. Raw but you can't teach that size and athleticism. Tremendous upside and should kill it in pre-draft workouts.

http://espn.go.com/colleges/fsu/football/story/_/id/8399858/menelik-watson-endured-strange-journey-florida-state-seminoles

There is a story about his strange journey to FSU.

It only takes one team to be completely enamored with a prospect for him to go in the First Round and of all the FSU players in the Draft, he is easily the most intriguing.

The only native born European I remember going in Round 1 was oddly enough, FSU Kicker Sebastian Janikowski. This year, German born Bjoern Werner is a lock to go in Round 1 assuming he declares and Watson could end up there as well.

dannyz
12-31-2012, 12:35 PM
BYU Kyle Van Noy coming back for Senior Season.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/131849/kyle-van-noy

MrMojoRisin
12-31-2012, 02:45 PM
LeVeon Bell from Michigan State rumored to be going pro.

JRTPlaya21
12-31-2012, 03:48 PM
I hear Sharrif Floyd may also be going pro after the Sugar Bowl.

JRTPlaya21
12-31-2012, 04:42 PM
Per Joe Schad: Corey Lemonier is declaring for the draft. He feels like he is ready for the next level.

Scott Wright
12-31-2012, 04:58 PM
Rumors out there that USC CB Nickell Robey said on Facebook that he'll be declaring. Anyone else see that? Would be a mistake as he's a mid-rounder at best in my opinion.

JRTPlaya21
12-31-2012, 05:02 PM
I just read it off twitter and saw the screenshot. Hope he enjoys the later rounds.

TACKLE
12-31-2012, 05:03 PM
Rumors out there that USC CB Nickell Robey said on Facebook that he'll be declaring. Anyone else see that? Would be a mistake as he's a mid-rounder at best in my opinion.

I did see that as well but I don't think it's a mistake. He was one of the better CB's in all of college football this year. It's not going to get any taller or significantly faster if he goes back for his senior year.

underscore
12-31-2012, 05:44 PM
USC Trojans ‏@USC_Athletics

USC WR Robert Woods announced that he has decided to forego his senior season and enter the NFL Draft.

----

After the putrid performance by his 2013 QB in the Sun Bowl, can't blame him, yikes.

Thecollegedropout
12-31-2012, 07:43 PM
USC Trojans ‏@USC_Athletics

USC WR Robert Woods announced that he has decided to forego his senior season and enter the NFL Draft.

----

After the putrid performance by his 2013 QB in the Sun Bowl, can't blame him, yikes.
And then he goes onto to shoot himself in the foot with this:

Robert Woods: "If the coaches wanted to keep me another year, they would've probably got me the ball."

SchizophrenicBatman
12-31-2012, 10:01 PM
Does throwing Lane Kiffin under the bus really lose you points in the NFL's eyes?

brat316
12-31-2012, 10:04 PM
I hear Sharrif Floyd may also be going pro after the Sugar Bowl.

why??? what has he exactly done?

Cigaro
12-31-2012, 10:06 PM

On or off the field? He had a pretty good season this year, a fringe first round prospect, can't really blame him if he wanted to go.

Shane P. Hallam
01-01-2013, 11:55 AM
Tony Pauline reporting that Alec Ogletree will declare.

JRTPlaya21
01-01-2013, 12:15 PM
He also reported that Hopkins was gonna go pro after last nights win over LSU.

P-L
01-01-2013, 01:39 PM
He's probably the top 3-4 DE in the draft if he does declare.

JRTPlaya21
01-01-2013, 05:18 PM
Alec Ogletree is going pro.

http://dogbytesonline.com/linebacker-alec-ogletree-says-he-will-enter-nfl-draft-66738/

regoob2
01-01-2013, 07:40 PM
Alec Ogletree is going pro.

http://dogbytesonline.com/linebacker-alec-ogletree-says-he-will-enter-nfl-draft-66738/
Bad decision imo.

Scott Wright
01-01-2013, 08:01 PM
Wow, if the start of the Orange Bowl is a sign of things to come then Florida St. RT Menelik Watson has no business coming out early. Even if he works out like a madman it's difficult to overcome bad tape. Ask Bruce Campbell.

bruschis4all
01-01-2013, 09:35 PM
Wow, if the start of the Orange Bowl is a sign of things to come then Florida St. RT Menelik Watson has no business coming out early. Even if he works out like a madman it's difficult to overcome bad tape. Ask Bruce Campbell.

He cleaned his footwork up a bit after that horrendous start. But, a long way to go. As you mentioned, needs to go back to FSU for another year.

MassNole
01-02-2013, 08:17 AM
He cleaned his footwork up a bit after that horrendous start. But, a long way to go. As you mentioned, needs to go back to FSU for another year.

The man is dirt poor and has a family to support. His workouts will send his stock through the roof and some team will take a gamble between the late Second (thinking New England or SF) to early 4th on him. If he came back and spent another year learning technique then the sky would be the limit.

========================

CB Xavier Rhodes is going pro, but this is not the least bit surprising as he was gone last year if he didn't hurt his knee in the Champs Sports Bowl vs. Notre Dame.

LB Christian Jones and FS (technically SS in FSU's scheme) Lamarcus Joyner will each take a few days to think about it. Jones' game is better suited for the NFL than what FSU asks him to do but he would serve himself well staying another year. Joyner, due to his size, is pretty much at his ceiling right now as he isn't an Eric Berry type player.

RB Chris Thompson is dropping his waiver request and going pro. With the injury history it will be interesting to see where he goes, but he could be a Darren Sproles type of a player down the road.

DE Bjoern Werner said he will also take a few days, but he's already projected at #2 overall and with Clowney next year that is his ceiling. I'd love for him to come back, but he'd be a fool after what happened to both Jenkins and Carradine to come back.

bruschis4all
01-02-2013, 08:26 AM
The man is dirt poor and has a family to support. His workouts will send his stock through the roof and some team will take a gamble between the late Second (thinking New England or SF) to early 4th on him. If he came back and spent another year learning technique then the sky would be the limit.

========================

CB Xavier Rhodes is going pro, but this is not the least bit surprising as he was gone last year if he didn't hurt his knee in the Champs Sports Bowl vs. Notre Dame.

LB Christian Jones and FS (technically SS in FSU's scheme) Lamarcus Joyner will each take a few days to think about it. Jones' game is better suited for the NFL than what FSU asks him to do but he would serve himself well staying another year. Joyner, due to his size, is pretty much at his ceiling right now as he isn't an Eric Berry type player.

RB Chris Thompson is dropping his waiver request and going pro. With the injury history it will be interesting to see where he goes, but he could be a Darren Sproles type of a player down the road.

DE Bjoern Werner said he will also take a few days, but he's already projected at #2 overall and with Clowney next year that is his ceiling. I'd love for him to come back, but he'd be a fool after what happened to both Jenkins and Carradine to come back.

If the Pats had extra picks, I could see them taking him. No picks in rounds 4-6 and prob no compensation picks. Don't think they'll gamble on him. Marcus Cannon started one game for Vollmer against the Jets and performed very well. He was going to be a 2nd round pick until it was discovered he had lymphoma. He beat that. And, is now a good backup RT.

Scott Wright
01-02-2013, 11:32 AM
Hawaii CB Mike Edwards is entering the 2013 NFL Draft.

I haven't done any work on him yet but I bet D-Unit can give us a snapshot!

Babylon
01-02-2013, 12:36 PM

Scott, any word on whether Justin Pugh of Syracuse or DJ Fluker will declare. That offensive tackle group is starting to look good.

Scott Wright
01-02-2013, 12:37 PM
Scott, any word on whether Justin Pugh of Syracuse or DJ Fluker will declare. That offensive tackle group is starting to look good.

I've heard both are leaning toward declaring.

I'd estimate 2nd to 3rd Round for Fluker and Rounds 3-5 for Pugh.

shylo3716
01-02-2013, 01:18 PM

========================

Why would Joyner come out this year? He would be a 4th rounder at best.

Duffman57
01-02-2013, 03:45 PM

Because he's not gong to overcome the thing thats dropping him to the 4th round in another year. Him staying another year wouldn't help his draft stock, so he could choose to get paid in the NFL rather than delay the process another year.

Menalik Watson could be a beastly project OT.

jayceheathman
01-02-2013, 04:00 PM
Supposedly Jake Matthews is returning for his senior year. If true then it isn't a surprise since it doesn't seem like his family will be in need of money anytime soon.

shylo3716
01-02-2013, 04:01 PM
Because he's not gong to overcome the thing thats dropping him to the 4th round in another year. Him staying another year wouldn't help his draft stock, so he could choose to get paid in the NFL rather than delay the process another year.

Menalik Watson could be a beastly project OT.

He should have stuck with CB.

MassNole
01-02-2013, 05:03 PM

He isn't getting any bigger he's at his ceiling. Our best insider says he's gone as of last night.

Shane P. Hallam
01-02-2013, 05:56 PM
MSU TE Dion Sims will declare

MassNole
01-02-2013, 05:59 PM
Bjoern Werner signed with an agent.

D-Unit
01-02-2013, 06:32 PM

He plays with confidence and is actually a pretty dang good corner. Speed shouldn't be an issue at all. Yes, he got beat a good amount of time (and Hawaii as a team really sucked), but he made big plays too. I think he's trying to make it in the league as a special teams kick returner first and go from there. He should go in the mid rounds. He's a better CB than Ryan Mouton who TEN took in the 3rd a couple seasons ago.

This season, Edwards is 12th nationally with 1.43 pass breakups per game and sixth nationally in kickoff returns with a 30.38-yard average.

CashmoneyDrew
01-02-2013, 06:35 PM
Edwards is gonna have to overcome some questions on his character as well. He was kicked out of UT for that incident of armed robbery with Janzen Jackson and Nu'keese Richardson.

D-Unit
01-02-2013, 07:02 PM
Edwards is gonna have to overcome some questions on his character as well. He was kicked out of UT for that incident of armed robbery with Janzen Jackson and Nu'keese Richardson.
I think that bumped him up on the Bengals board though. :njx:

Scott Wright
01-02-2013, 07:03 PM
I think that bumped him up on the Bengals board though. :njx:

It wasn't me this time! :o)

CashmoneyDrew
01-02-2013, 07:18 PM
He's a better CB than Ryan Mouton who TEN took in the 3rd a couple seasons ago.

That's not saying much seeing as how I'm a better corner than Ryan Mouton. The Titans made TH and I look like Football Jesus' when we bitched about that pick and said they should have taken D.J. Moore instead.

Thank you for that Mr. Recently Unemployed Mike Reinfeldt.

SolidGold
01-02-2013, 07:22 PM
UT DE Joe Kruger declaring (Paul Kruger's brother)- http://www.ksl.com/?sid=23591379&nid=840&title=utah-football-joe-kruger-to-declare-for-nfl-draft

6'7 280 lbs perfect size for the 3-4.

holt_bruce81
01-02-2013, 09:07 PM
Jake Matthews returning for his Senior season really sucks.

JRTPlaya21
01-02-2013, 11:30 PM
Elam & Floyd made it official after the game.

Babylon
01-02-2013, 11:49 PM
Jake Matthews returning for his Senior season really sucks.

with what was out there I figured he might go back. My opinion is DJ Fluker and Justin Pugh of Syracuse will fit the bill for thr Rams.

Dangermouse
01-03-2013, 05:44 AM
Is there an updated list somewhere of guys that have said they're staying in school?

ESPN
01-03-2013, 07:10 AM
Any word on the Stanford prospects declaring? Like Zach Ertz, Levine Toilolo, Ben Gardner and Trent Murphy? BTW, is Skov a true senior or redshirted junior?

regoob2
01-03-2013, 09:04 AM
with what was out there I figured he might go back. My opinion is DJ Fluker and Justin Pugh of Syracuse will fit the bill for thr Rams.
Depends what you're looking for. Those guys are polar opposites.

P-L
01-03-2013, 09:06 AM
I'm surprised that Taylor Lewan hasn't declared yet. It's just a matter of time now.

mriforgot
01-03-2013, 01:44 PM
MSU TE Dion Sims will declare

Sims' Twitter seems to confirm this.

https://twitter.com/D_Sims80/status/286887211503349760

Le'Veon Bell leaving for the NFL.

https://twitter.com/L_Bell24/status/286882015075246080

William Gholston also declaring.

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2013/01/report_william_gholston_become.html

MassNole
01-03-2013, 01:45 PM
Apparently Lamarcus Joyner changed his mind about going pro. Will be real nice to have him anchor the secondary another year, hopefully he doesn't succumb to injury like Jenkins and Carradine.

Christian Jones seems likely to come back now as well.

Still waiting word on Menelik Watson.

shylo3716
01-03-2013, 02:01 PM
Apparently Lamarcus Joyner changed his mind about going pro. Will be real nice to have him anchor the secondary another year, hopefully he doesn't succumb to injury like Jenkins and Carradine.

Christian Jones seems likely to come back now as well.

Still waiting word on Menelik Watson.

Do you think Joyner would be projected higher as a CB than S?

stlouisfan37
01-03-2013, 03:10 PM
http://espn.go.com/colleges/fsu/football/story/_/id/8399858/menelik-watson-endured-strange-journey-florida-state-seminoles

It only takes one team to be completely enamored with a prospect for him to go in the First Round and of all the FSU players in the Draft, he is easily the most intriguing.

The only native born European I remember going in Round 1 was oddly enough, FSU Kicker Sebastian Janikowski. This year, German born Bjoern Werner is a lock to go in Round 1 assuming he declares and Watson could end up there as well.

SMU DE Margus Hunt was born in Estonia. While his is still raw and will be 26 in July, I can see him going in the late 1st round. He has outstanding sheer strength and his ceiling is very high. 6'8" and 280. I believe he is the NCAA career record holder for most blocked field goals.

BuddyCHRIST
01-03-2013, 03:30 PM
Do you think Joyner would be projected higher as a CB than S?

No, he'd still be short and he doesn't have much experience at CB. He played S in HS and instinctually is a natural fit at the position.

I didn't think he was quite as good this year as he was last year, but he's still a great player. He might be limited in draft position due to height but he can be a player in the league, plays like a monster and will be a great leader in the NFL.

Babylon
01-03-2013, 04:19 PM
I'm surprised that Taylor Lewan hasn't declared yet. It's just a matter of time now.

Probably meeting with his tax man.

JRTPlaya21
01-03-2013, 04:25 PM
Kevin Minter going pro.

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2013/01/lsu_lb_kevin_minter_confirms_h.html

MassNole
01-03-2013, 04:38 PM
Watson reportedly got a Draft Grade of Round 2-3.

JRTPlaya21
01-03-2013, 04:49 PM
Eric Reid declared as well.

juza
01-03-2013, 05:19 PM
do u know if tajh boyd will be back for his senior year?

Scott Wright
01-03-2013, 05:31 PM
Syracuse OT Justin Pugh is coming out. A very good player and I know there are some who feel he has first round potential. However, I would lean toward a Top 100 label at this point and I wouldn't even be shocked if some health issues (shoulder) pushed him into the middle rounds.

brasho
01-03-2013, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by MassNole
http://espn.go.com/colleges/fsu/foot...tate-seminoles

Where was the Gogolak kicker from? Drafted #1 by the BIlls and played with the Redskins. I'm thinking he might have been European.

brasho
01-03-2013, 06:17 PM
Where was the Gogolak kicker from? Drafted #1 by the BIlls and played with the Redskins. I'm thinking he might have been European.

It was Charlie Gogolak that was drafted by the Redskins #1. His brother Pete played for the Bills. They were from Hungary... which I'm not really sure but I think that is technically Europe.

JRTPlaya21
01-03-2013, 06:18 PM
do u know if tajh boyd will be back for his senior year?

Probably. It's not the strongest QB class but I really don't see Boyd going any higher then round 4 at this point.

Cigaro
01-03-2013, 06:19 PM
It was Charlie Gogolak that was drafted by the Redskins #1. His brother Pete played for the Bills. They were from Hungary... which I'm not really sure but I think that is technically Europe.

...yes, Hungary is in Europe...

Halsey
01-03-2013, 09:11 PM
So why isn't Leveon Bell being talked about more? Big, productive, catches passes. What the deal, yos?

Duffman57
01-03-2013, 09:25 PM
So why isn't Leveon Bell being talked about more? Big, productive, catches passes. What the deal, yos?

Slow, not quick, strait line guy, not a super physical guy for how big he is, tries to run like a scat back, at 6' 240 ish.

SeahawkNMD
01-04-2013, 02:33 AM
Any word on the Stanford prospects declaring? Like Zach Ertz, Levine Toilolo, Ben Gardner and Trent Murphy? BTW, is Skov a true senior or redshirted junior?

I believe Skov is a true senior but has said he wants to petition a medical redshirt after last years injury.

Hines
01-04-2013, 10:08 AM
Not a surprise, but it looks like Jarvis Jones has declared.

Scott Wright
01-04-2013, 11:46 AM
Not a surprise, but it looks like Jarvis Jones has declared.

On next weeks podcast we're going to be joined by Injury Expert Will Carroll to discuss how health issues could affect Jones' stock. I know I'm looking forward to it so be sure to tune in!

BamaFalcon59
01-04-2013, 11:53 AM
Bell reminds me of Michael Bush.

D-Unit
01-04-2013, 11:54 AM
I was really hoping Anthony Barr would declare. BEAST.

SuperPacker
01-04-2013, 11:54 AM
On next weeks podcast we're going to be joined by Injury Expert Will Carroll to discuss how health issues could affect Jones' stock. I know I'm looking forward to it so be sure to tune in!

The encouraging thing for Jones is that Marcus McNeil had a similar situation and played at a high level for decent amount of years, but then Jarvis Jones isn't a 300 lb offensive lineman. I'm no back expert, but i'd guess that the heavier the player the harder it would be to overcome. I really don't think it will drop him down too far. Even if you can get only 6 years out of him playing at a high level, it would be worth spending a first round pick on, IMO.

Babylon
01-04-2013, 12:45 PM
Syracuse OT Justin Pugh is coming out. A very good player and I know there are some who feel he has first round potential. However, I would lean toward a Top 100 label at this point and I wouldn't even be shocked if some health issues (shoulder) pushed him into the middle rounds.

Not surprised he's coming out from what people have been saying back there. He needs to bulk up a bit but he's a solid tackle. He was 3 time all big east for whatever that's worth.

The depth on the offensive line keeps growing. If DJ Fluker declares and Lewan of course this group could be stellar.

At first glance the offensive and defensive lines are the strength of this draft.

JRTPlaya21
01-04-2013, 03:54 PM
David Amerson has officially declared now.

JRTPlaya21
01-04-2013, 04:04 PM
I've read that LSU is basically about to lose every Junior that is up for the draft. Spencer Ware is gone, Bennie Logan is up next and of course Mingo & Montgomery.

SuperPacker
01-04-2013, 04:05 PM
nelson agholor should declare!

AJP19
01-04-2013, 06:31 PM
Another from LSU! CB Tharold Simon. I gather this is a bit of a surprise. From what I read he has good measurables, but can anyone enlighten me on his play?

Florida TE Jordan Read has also declared.

Where do these guys project?

I can't post the links.

Robcards
01-04-2013, 09:07 PM
I've read that LSU is basically about to lose every Junior that is up for the draft. Spencer Ware is gone, Bennie Logan is up next and of course Mingo & Montgomery.

Not that it matters but isn't Montgomery a senior?

Robcards
01-04-2013, 09:09 PM
Another from LSU! CB Tharold Simon. I gather this is a bit of a surprise. From what I read he has good measurables, but can anyone enlighten me on his play?

Florida TE Jordan Read has also declared.

Where do these guys project?

I can't post the links.

I'd expect both to get taken on day 2 somewhere. Maybe early day 3 if they don't put up good numbers at the combine.

brasho
01-05-2013, 07:42 AM
The encouraging thing for Jones is that Marcus McNeil had a similar situation and played at a high level for decent amount of years, but then Jarvis Jones isn't a 300 lb offensive lineman. I'm no back expert, but i'd guess that the heavier the player the harder it would be to overcome. I really don't think it will drop him down too far. Even if you can get only 6 years out of him playing at a high level, it would be worth spending a first round pick on, IMO.

I don't think the weight is as important as is the frequency of contact. I would think OLB would be getting contact like an OLineman about 3/4 to 2/3 as much. Still, McNeill had a decent career, but the word was that he may only play 8 years due to the condition. He made it 6. I'm sure every case is different though.

JRTPlaya21
01-05-2013, 10:28 AM
Not that it matters but isn't Montgomery a senior?

No he is a junior.

shylo3716
01-05-2013, 10:32 AM
Any word on Michael Dyer?

Scott Wright
01-05-2013, 10:57 AM
Any word on Michael Dyer?

No, but does it matter? :)

scottyboy
01-05-2013, 12:25 PM
well this class just got its best running back: Jawan Jamison declaring

draftguru151
01-05-2013, 12:27 PM

Huggins time!

shylo3716
01-05-2013, 12:36 PM

If Bryce Brown can get drafted so can he.

Giantsfan1080
01-05-2013, 12:42 PM
I think it's a mistake for Jamison. I see him going 4th round.

ATLDirtyBirds
01-05-2013, 12:45 PM

Gio Bernard declared quite some time ago.

scottyboy
01-05-2013, 12:47 PM
Gio Bernard declared quite some time ago.

bro, do you even film?

ATLDirtyBirds
01-05-2013, 12:48 PM
Do you even Rutgers?

scottyboy
01-05-2013, 12:49 PM
Do you even Rutgers?

this is why I Rutgers.

Iamcanadian
01-05-2013, 01:45 PM
http://www.gbnreport.com/juniorscoreboard.html

Robcards
01-05-2013, 02:04 PM

Off-field issues aside, from a pure talent perspective, Dyer would be hands down the best RB in this class with no elite prospects at the position, so it matters big time. Hoping he declares and the Jets get him personally, he'd be a steal whatever round he goes.

Scott Wright
01-05-2013, 05:19 PM
Off-field issues aside, from a pure talent perspective, Dyer would be hands down the best RB in this class with no elite prospects at the position, so it matters big time. Hoping he declares and the Jets get him personally, he'd be a steal whatever round he goes.

I think that's a huge stretch. Dyer is very good but even if he was clean character-wise I don't think he would have been a sure-fire Top 100 pick. At best he would be battling for one of the top spots in this year's running back rankings, but as the situation stands he's nothing more than a potential late rounder of priority free agent in my humble opinion.

GoBroncos
01-05-2013, 05:32 PM
Aaron Colvin, Tony Jefferson, Trey Millard, and Kenny Stills will probably all declare from Oklahoma.