PDA

View Full Version : BCS Prediction Thread

bearsfan_51
10-07-2012, 12:34 PM
Unlike pretty much everyone else on earth, I'm a fan of the BCS and enjoy making projections. Feel free to make your own or comment on what I've got.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/12/2013_BCS_National_Championship_Game_logo.gif

Alabama (13-0) vs. Notre Dame (12-0)

-I'm always uncomfortable predicting two undefeated teams, but these look like reasonable bets considering the remaining games, especially Alabama.

Important games (Alabama): @LSU, SEC Championship Game
Important games (Notre Dame): Stanford, BYU, @Oklahoma, @USC

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/12/Vizio_Rose_Bowl.jpg

Nebraska (10-3) vs. Oregon (12-1)

-The Big Ten really wishes they could have Ohio State. You could pick a team out of Nebraska, Michigan, Michigan State, or Wisconsin. Nebraska has Michigan at home, and I think has the best team overall, so they get the nod.

-With all of the tough games Oregon has left, including the Pac-12 championship game, I just don't see them going undefeated. They'll slip up once, putting them here.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/88/Fiesta_Bowl_logo.svg/250px-Fiesta_Bowl_logo.svg.png

West Virginia (11-1) vs. Boise State (11-1)
-Same story with West Virginia as I had for Oregon. I think they beat K-State but lose to Oklahoma, winning the Big 12 and putting them here.

-Boise State isn't the same great team this year, but they should still run the table. I think with the Big Ten clearly not getting two bids this year, that opens up a spot for Boise State (I also think the Pac-12 beats itself up and loses key games to Notre Dame)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/3c/Sugar_Bowl_logo.svg/250px-Sugar_Bowl_logo.svg.png

Florida (11-2) vs. Kansas State (11-1)

-Florida, South Carolina, or LSU all will have a shot for that second spot. I've been riding Florida all year, and I'll keep it up for now.

-Kansas State loses to West Virginia, and thus loses the Big-12, but runs the table otherwise. This would be a good game.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b6/2011_Orange_Bowl.svg/155px-2011_Orange_Bowl.svg.png

Florida State (11-2) vs. Cincinnati (11-1)

-The ACC sucks so bad this year, but Florida State is still clearly the best in the bunch. I think they lose to Florida but otherwise run the table, having already blown their annual game. I don't doubt that they could also lose to Boston College next week, however.

-The Big East actually has three pretty decent teams in Cincy, Rutgers, and Louisville. I like Munchie and the Bearcats the most, however.

Giantsfan1080
10-07-2012, 12:37 PM
Booooo BF. Just booooo.

bearsfan_51
10-07-2012, 12:38 PM
You can't stop the Munchie.

http://th09.deviantart.net/fs46/300W/i/2009/222/9/9/Munchie_review_by_Maxtaro.jpg

JRTPlaya21
10-07-2012, 12:39 PM
If ND makes it I will be laughing for weeks & can we please not have Boise in a BCS game ever again.

Giantsfan1080
10-07-2012, 12:40 PM
Our D will take care of Munchie.

sbh15
10-07-2012, 06:55 PM
not disagreeing with you, but what two teams do you think Florida loses to? if you have them in the Sugar Bowl, I'm assuming Alabama in the SECG is one of the two. as for the other loss, I can't see SCar, UGA, or FSU beating this UF team after this past weekend. then again, we aren't sure just how overrated LSU is/was...

bearsfan_51
10-07-2012, 08:17 PM
not disagreeing with you, but what two teams do you think Florida loses to? if you have them in the Sugar Bowl, I'm assuming Alabama in the SECG is one of the two. as for the other loss, I can't see SCar, UGA, or FSU beating this UF team after this past weekend. then again, we aren't sure just how overrated LSU is/was...
Alabama is one. Between the three games you mentioned, I think they lose one more. I just have a hard time seeing Florida or SCAR running the table over the next 6-7 games, and I don't think anyone beats Bama. Sadly.

sbh15
10-07-2012, 08:32 PM
Alabama is one. Between the three games you mentioned, I think they lose one more. I just have a hard time seeing Florida or SCAR running the table over the next 6-7 games, and I don't think anyone beats Bama. Sadly.

I'm interested to see how Miss St. does against them (though I doubt it will even be close). they've looked good so far, albiet against absolute trash competition, but from we've already seen LSU and Texas A&M don't pose much of a threat

Cigaro
10-07-2012, 08:44 PM

Florida could certainly beat us, but I think you're going a bit too far in saying you can't even imagine us beating you, because it most certainly could happen. Just as you beat #3 ranked LSU, we absolutely smashed #5 ranked Georgia. The truth is we beat very talented but overrated teams. Its a bit much to say that judging by either performance this weekend that one is a clear class above the other. We're the top two teams in the SEC East, and we won't know who is actually better until two weekends from now.

dabears10
10-07-2012, 09:26 PM
I don't see Notre Dame going undefeated. I think they have beaten flawed teams and haven't really played anyone that deserves to be in the top 10.

The defense is for real, but the offense has only shown proficiency against bad defenses.

bearsfan_51
10-07-2012, 10:01 PM
I don't see Notre Dame going undefeated. I think they have beaten flawed teams and haven't really played anyone that deserves to be in the top 10.
They aren't going to play anyone that belongs in the top 10 either.

dabears10
10-07-2012, 10:37 PM
They aren't going to play anyone that belongs in the top 10 either.

I'll rephrase, I think Stanford, USC, and Oklahoma are better teams than they have played so far. I don't think those teams are great either, but if ND does get to the National Championship they will be destroyed in the game.

sbh15
10-07-2012, 11:23 PM
Florida could certainly beat us, but I think you're going a bit too far in saying you can't even imagine us beating you, because it most certainly could happen. Just as you beat #3 ranked LSU, we absolutely smashed #5 ranked Georgia. The truth is we beat very talented but overrated teams. Its a bit much to say that judging by either performance this weekend that one is a clear class above the other. We're the top two teams in the SEC East, and we won't know who is actually better until two weekends from now.

yeah but I was confident that UGA was severely overrated coming into this season and their lackluster game against the Vols confirmed that for me. as dominant as South Carolina was, they beat a Georgia team that isn't all that impressive.

you could easily say the same for Florida's win over LSU, but the Gators killed a team with a dominant defensive line at the line of scrimmage. if USC does the same, I'll probably see things differently

TheBoyWonder22
10-08-2012, 03:33 AM
National Championship: Alabama vs. Oregon
Rose Bowl: USC vs. Nebraska
Fiesta Bowl: West Virginia vs. Notre Dame
Sugar Bowl: South Carolina vs. Kansas State
Orange Bowl: Florida State vs. Louisville

draftguru151
10-08-2012, 08:16 AM
Sounds good for the most part, and some of the match ups sound really good, but I can't see Notre Dame going undefeated. A team with a consistent passing offense is going to roast them. Their run game is great but Golson and Rees aren't good enough passers and both would probably turn it over a few times in a shoot out. Can't see them winning at USC. I'd probably put Oregon in the NC and have SCar in over UF (and maybe Rutgers over Cincy but that's a toss up for me). BCS games look like they could be pretty decent besides whatever game the Big10 winner is playing in.

Docta
10-08-2012, 11:41 AM
Fiesta Bowl: West Virginia vs. Florida
Sugar Bowl: South Carolina vs. Notre Dame
The only way the SEC gets 3 bids is if they get 2 in the NC, which is not going to happen this year.

The 2nd team out of the Pac 12 is pretty much a lock to get one. If Louisiana Tech or Ohio can stay undefeated, they might steal the last spot.

Shane P. Hallam
10-08-2012, 11:44 AM
The only way the SEC gets 3 bids is if they get 2 in the NC, which is not going to happen this year.

Unless the rules changed from last year, there is no way for a conference to have 3 BCS bids.

bearsfan_51
10-08-2012, 11:48 AM
Shane is correct.

Docta
10-08-2012, 11:58 AM
I think the SEC had a shot last year. If Georgia had won the conference championship, then they would have gotten an automatic bid. It's possible, but extremely difficult.

Shane P. Hallam
10-08-2012, 12:01 PM
I think the SEC had a shot last year. If Georgia had won the conference championship, then they would have gotten an automatic bid. It's possible, but extremely difficult.

Nope, it isn't. Had Georgia won the conference, Alabama or LSU would not have been allowed to have a bid.

TheBoyWonder22
10-08-2012, 03:15 PM
Alright I shuffled K-State, Notre Dame, and Florida around.

sbh15
10-08-2012, 11:51 PM
if there's one game that I would be very interested in watching, it would be Oregon/West Virginia ... could out-do the WVU/Baylor game as far as scoring

bearsfan_51
10-09-2012, 08:33 AM
I'd prefer to see a style in contrasts. I liked the Wisconsin-Oregon game last year for that reason.

jrdrylie
10-09-2012, 08:46 AM
Nope, it isn't. Had Georgia won the conference, Alabama or LSU would not have been allowed to have a bid.

I don't think that is true. I remember them talking about it on Sports Radio down here in Alabama. They were talking about the rules and said that the rules state that only two teams from each conference can make the BSC. However, it also says that the two teams ranked 1-2 in the final rankings go to the Championship. So if 1-2 are in the same conference but neither is the conference champion (which would be highly unlikely), three teams can make it.

sbh15
10-09-2012, 03:05 PM
No more than two teams from a conference may be selected, regardless of whether they are automatic qualifiers or at-large selections, unless two non-champions from the same conference are ranked No. 1 and No. 2 in the final BCS Standings.

http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/bcs_explained.html

basically, what jrd said

wicket
10-09-2012, 03:23 PM
i would be really smuggy about reaching the NCG but ND will lose to either Oklahoma or USC as much as i hope that ND wont

tjsunstein
10-09-2012, 04:36 PM
I think WVU already passed their biggest test with Texas. They were the most talented D on the schedule but I wouldnt be surprised with a let down game vs Iowa State or some ****.

Hurricanes25
10-09-2012, 04:43 PM
I think WVU already passed their biggest test with Texas. They were the most talented D on the schedule but I wouldnt be surprised with a let down game vs Iowa State or some ****.

I think Kansas State will give them a game but yeah, I think WVU runs the table.

49erNation85
10-10-2012, 10:40 AM
If Florida can go undefeated and beat bama in the sec championship game we are in ! Man I hope we do . It will be a great sec champ this year.If our defense holds up we got a shot at bama run. They need to be beaten IMO.

proshoota25
10-10-2012, 12:31 PM
If Florida can go undefeated and beat bama in the sec championship game we are in ! Man I hope we do . It will be a great sec champ this year.If our defense holds up we got a shot at bama run. They need to be beaten IMO.

i love the gators and all, but i doubt we beat 'bama. i think we end up with 2 or 3 losses still unfortunately

sbh15
10-10-2012, 02:17 PM
according to Pat Forde, Florida would be #1 in the BCS if it were released today:

A lot can change this weekend, but as of right now the computers rank the top five this way (throwing out the high and low ratings for each team, per the BCS formula):

Florida (1). Difference from the USA Today coaches poll: plus-five spots. The microchips are impressed by the four Southeastern Conference victories – well, at least by three of them. Beating Kentucky probably doesn't do much for the strength of schedule.

Notre Dame (2). Difference from the USA Today coaches poll: plus-five spots. The Fighting Irish benefit from having played four major-conference opponents – if indeed the Big Ten counts as a major conference in 2012. And they could conceivably move up to the computer top spot with a victory over highly ranked Stanford on Saturday.

South Carolina (3). Difference from the USA Today coaches poll: none. The Gamecocks could leapfrog the Irish and the Gators with a computer-pleasing victory at LSU on Saturday.

West Virginia (4). Difference from the USA Today coaches poll: none. Beating Texas on the road was a big boost.

Alabama (5). Difference from the USA Today coaches poll: minus-four spots. The two big September games turned out to be blowouts of disappointing teams – Michigan and Arkansas – and the rest of the schedule has been easy.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--forde-yard-dash--computers-crunching-funny-numbers-with-first-bcs-poll-on-its-way.html

Based on this, my predictions for the first BCS standings (based on next week's games):

1) South Carolina Gamecocks (W vs #9 LSU)
2) Notre Dame Fighting Irish (W vs #17 Stanford)
3) Florida Gators (W vs Vanderbilt)
4) Alabama Crimson Tide (W vs Missouri)
5) West Virginia Mountaineers (W vs Texas Tech)

Smooth Criminal
10-10-2012, 06:59 PM
It's a shame it's not possible for Alabama to go undefeated and not get in the top two spots. That'd be a great time on here.

And I'm glad BCS recognizes that Oregon hasn't beaten anyone yet. They have a few notable games remaining, but a very easy schedule.

I'd love to know where OSU would be at, obviously had a very easy schedule. Biggest wins were Nebraska and Michigan State. I'm gonna guess 6 or 7.

49erNation85
10-12-2012, 11:50 PM
Would be sweet to have the Gators ranked #1 again. If we do end up with two loses South Carolina and some one else then that is still a way better record that the last 2 to 3 season since Tebow left. Which it does take time to rebuildia team with new talent. But hoping we could go undefeated would be sweet and I'm praying we do or at least just with one lose....

PeterMurray
10-17-2012, 02:46 PM
Oregon can finally do it this year with their speed. I am giving them the edge over Alabama.

nrk
10-17-2012, 04:39 PM

I just have to say... LOL. Not at you, but at Texas.

Iamcanadian
10-17-2012, 07:11 PM
Unlike pretty much everyone else on earth, I'm a fan of the BCS and enjoy making projections. Feel free to make your own or comment on what I've got.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/12/2013_BCS_National_Championship_Game_logo.gif

Alabama (13-0) vs. Notre Dame (12-0)

-I'm always uncomfortable predicting two undefeated teams, but these look like reasonable bets considering the remaining games, especially Alabama.

Alabama will go undefeated, they won the NC last year in a game they didn't belong in and this year's team is far better at QB.

Important games (Alabama): @LSU, SEC Championship Game
Important games (Notre Dame): Stanford, BYU, @Oklahoma, @USC

ND will not go undefeated, I see 2 losses in their future. Really tough schedule.
Oregon or Kansas St. will be a much better game.

Nebraska (10-3) vs. Oregon (12-1)

-The Big Ten really wishes they could have Ohio State. You could pick a team out of Nebraska, Michigan, Michigan State, or Wisconsin. Nebraska has Michigan at home, and I think has the best team overall, so they get the nod.

-With all of the tough games Oregon has left, including the Pac-12 championship game, I just don't see them going undefeated. They'll slip up once, putting them here.

Whoever makes it from the Big 10, likely Michigan because Nebraska just is too weak, will get slaughtered whoever they play.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/88/Fiesta_Bowl_logo.svg/250px-Fiesta_Bowl_logo.svg.png

West Virginia (11-1) vs. Boise State (11-1)
-Same story with West Virginia as I had for Oregon. I think they beat K-State but lose to Oklahoma, winning the Big 12 and putting them here.

-Boise State isn't the same great team this year, but they should still run the table. I think with the Big Ten clearly not getting two bids this year, that opens up a spot for Boise State (I also think the Pac-12 beats itself up and loses key games to Notre Dame)

Forget Boise St., they are a shell just waiting to be broken and West Virginia may lose too many in the Big 12 with that defense.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/3c/Sugar_Bowl_logo.svg/250px-Sugar_Bowl_logo.svg.png

Florida (11-2) vs. Kansas State (11-1)

-Florida, South Carolina, or LSU all will have a shot for that second spot. I've been riding Florida all year, and I'll keep it up for now.

-Kansas State loses to West Virginia, and thus loses the Big-12, but runs the table otherwise. This would be a good game.

Kansas St. just might face Alabama. Snyder eats teams like West Virginia alive.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b6/2011_Orange_Bowl.svg/155px-2011_Orange_Bowl.svg.png

Florida State (11-2) vs. Cincinnati (11-1)

-The ACC sucks so bad this year, but Florida State is still clearly the best in the bunch. I think they lose to Florida but otherwise run the table, having already blown their annual game. I don't doubt that they could also lose to Boston College next week, however.

-The Big East actually has three pretty decent teams in Cincy, Rutgers, and Louisville. I like Munchie and the Bearcats the most, however.

You know, the way it is shaping up, 2 teams from the Big East may well get to the BCS, but I not crazy about Cincy's chances just yet.

Really tough calls this early in the season!!!!

OSUGiants17
10-17-2012, 10:26 PM
Fiesta Bowl: West Virginia vs. Notre Dame
Sugar Bowl: South Carolina vs. Kansas State

Exactly the same as my match-up predictions, except I see Rutgers playing FSU over Louisville and I see Notre Dame, K-State and Florida State winning their respective matchups.

Hurricanes25
10-17-2012, 10:45 PM
You know, the way it is shaping up, 2 teams from the Big East may well get to the BCS, but I not crazy about Cincy's chances just yet.

Really tough calls this early in the season!!!!

Rutgers, Cincy, and Louisville all have to play each other. Only 1 of them will end up in a BCS game.

soybean
10-19-2012, 04:36 PM
I still hope we beat em and am still holding out hope for a back end way into the NCG but if Oregon makes it vs. Alabama, it'll be a game. This isn't the same Oregon team that played Auburn and LSU.

Their defense is MUCH improved and no defense can completely stop Oregon, just slow them down.

But whatever, hopefully we can make it in over them.

Bert Macklin
10-19-2012, 06:14 PM
LSU over Oregon

bearsfan_51
10-19-2012, 06:44 PM
LSU over Oregon
1ytCEuuW2_A

Bert Macklin
10-19-2012, 07:27 PM
1ytCEuuW2_A

That ain't no guess that's what it's gon be

Raiderz4Life
10-19-2012, 07:36 PM
That ain't no guess that's what it's gon be
******* love that movie.
aO1jfZvngko

bearsfan_51
10-21-2012, 01:21 PM
Let's try this un otro vez!

Alabama (13-0) vs. Oregon (13-0)

-Alabama is great, blah blah blah....

-Well, nobody has lost yet, but now the question is who will be #2 if everyone remainds undefeated. Notre Dame appears to be mathematically out of this equation, so now it's a squeaker between Oregon and Kansas State.

Important games (Alabama): Texas A&M, SEC Championship Game
Important games (Oregon): Stanford, @Oregon State, Pac12 Game

Florida (11-1) vs. Oklahoma (10-2)

-Well, the loss to Georgia ruined Florida's shot at a national or SEC championship, but it did very little to keep them out of the BCS. If they win against Florida State, they're in at 11-1.

-If Oklahoma can finish out the season with 2 losses, they are a lock for the BCS. If they lose, **** gets really, really complicated.

Florida State (11-2) vs. Louisville (11-1)

-The ACC sucks so bad this year, but Florida State is still clearly the best in the bunch. I think they lose to Florida but otherwise run the table, having already blown their annual game. But, this is Florida State, so they'll probably blow it again.

-I predict that Cincy beats Rutgers, and Rutgers beats Louisville, thus leaving the Big East as a three-way tie. Louisville will likely still be ranked the highest in this scenario and get the nod.

Kansas State (12-0) vs. Notre Dame (12-0)
-The BCS should really hope that both Notre Dame and Kansas State lose. It could happen, but I don't think it's better than 50% to happen.

-This would be about as close to a semi-final game as you can get in the BCS.

Nebraska (10-3) vs. Oregon State (10-2)

-Nebraska won their pivotal game against Michigan. They could still slip up, but they're in the driver's seat now.

-With Boise State losing (and Nebraska winning) this gets really complicated. There are no other realistic non-AQ teams left (La. Tech is about as close as it gets), which means that the last BCS team is likely either going to be Clemson, or a second team from the Pac12 (Oregon State or Stanford). This makes next week's game between Oregon State and Stanford especially important as a likely elimination game.

-I'll predict Clemson to lose to South Carolina, and Oregon State to win one of their games against Stanford/Oregon, leaving them at 10-2 and in the Rose Bowl.

49erNation85
10-22-2012, 01:06 AM
Lame Florida to Rose bowl instead !!

Forenci
10-22-2012, 01:28 AM
I don't see why Rutgers should get in a BCS game. They have had an absurdly easy schedule and play in a horrible conference.

Shane P. Hallam
10-22-2012, 07:17 AM
I don't see why Rutgers should get in a BCS game. They have had an absurdly easy schedule and play in a horrible conference.

Because the Big East gets an automatic bid. Even if they didn't, Rutgers would get in if they go undefeated.

Giantsfan1080
10-22-2012, 09:19 AM
Going into Arkansas and playing that team is still a good W. The Big East is better than the ACC and you don't hear the same knocks on them. It's funny how Forenci has to knock Rutgers at every turn now.

draftguru151
10-22-2012, 09:50 AM

http://deadwildroses.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/good-good-let-the-butthurt-flow-through-you-11.jpeg

scottyboy
10-22-2012, 10:18 AM

your little brother syndrome is getting a bit too much at this point

jrdrylie
10-22-2012, 10:56 AM
If Rutgers goes undefeated, they definitely deserve to go to a BSC Bowl, even without the Big East's automatic bid. But the Championship Game? I don't think so. Even if they are the only undefeated team left, I doubt they are ranked in the top two.

MassNole
10-22-2012, 11:00 AM
If Clemson wins out (and FSU doesn't trip up vs. VT), the ACC could very easily have 2 BCS bids again. No way the Fiesta Bowl would choose Rutgers over Boise State either, looking at travel and attendance that would be as good of a decision as the ACC adding Pitt and Syracuse.

Shane P. Hallam
10-22-2012, 11:05 AM
If Rutgers goes undefeated, they definitely deserve to go to a BSC Bowl, even without the Big East's automatic bid. But the Championship Game? I don't think so. Even if they are the only undefeated team left, I doubt they are ranked in the top two.

Yup, I don't see a scenario with Rutgers in the Title Game. Maybe if everyone else has 2 losses?

MassNole
10-22-2012, 11:33 AM
Yup, I don't see a scenario with Rutgers in the Title Game. Maybe if everyone else has 2 losses?

They are pretty much 2007 Kansas, even if they are undefeated they have zero chance of getting in over a 1 loss team from any other conference.

EDIT
I know Kansas didn't go undefeated that year, but even if they had it wouldn't have mattered and they were the closest team I could think of to this Rutgers team. Perhaps 2009 Cincy would be more apt.

Giantsfan1080
10-22-2012, 11:34 AM
I don't think Scotty or I are thinking we're getting into the NC game. Like Shane just said everyone would need 2 losses. I'm fine with that I just want to get to the BCS and show everyone on the national stage we are for real. Perception always kills even when it's not true.

Rutgers int any BCS game would travel well. In 2006 we sent 35,000 people to the Texas Bowl. If we go BCS I would see something similar but probably 40K.

Cigaro
10-22-2012, 11:39 AM
Going into Arkansas and playing that team is still a good W. The Big East is better than the ACC and you don't hear the same knocks on them. It's funny how Forenci has to knock Rutgers at every turn now.

Not really. Arkansas is a horrible team.

Giantsfan1080
10-22-2012, 11:45 AM
Not really. Arkansas is a horrible team.

Not with Wilson. His injury skewed things a bit. We'll see how they finish the year out with him.

Cigaro
10-22-2012, 11:49 AM
Not with Wilson. His injury skewed things a bit. We'll see how they finish the year out with him.
Even with Wilson. Arkansas may have been great last year, but they are clearly only above the lowest tier in the SEC this year. That is not a resume boosting win in the least.

MassNole
10-22-2012, 11:57 AM

ULM went into Arkansas and won as well, so basically you're saying Rutgers is on par with ULM. Arkansas was a preseason Top 10 team, but could possibly be the worst preseason Top 10 team of the past 30 years.

Forenci
10-22-2012, 12:09 PM
Because the Big East gets an automatic bid. Even if they didn't, Rutgers would get in if they go undefeated.

Well I know they get the automatic bid, which is silly considering how awful the Big East is. I was just speaking generally, though. West Virginia would steam roll them.

Yeah Arkansas is pretty bad. I just knock it because most Rutgers fans annoy me. I did the same thing when everyone was freaking out when Schiano was bringing them to life. They had an awfully easy schedule then, just like they do now. I just am annoyed at how good people think Rutgers is when their schedule is a joke.

If Rutgers was in the ACC or didn't play an absurdly easy schedule they wouldn't be close to the discussion of being BCS worthy.

I mean, UConn shouldn't have been in a BCS bowl either. We weren't anywhere near that good. A product of a flawed system.

Giantsfan1080
10-22-2012, 12:12 PM
ULM went into Arkansas and won as well, so basically you're saying Rutgers is on par with ULM. Arkansas was a preseason Top 10 team, but could possibly be the worst preseason Top 10 team of the past 30 years.

Yup that's what I'm saying. You sure got me.

Giantsfan1080
10-22-2012, 12:15 PM
Well I know they get the automatic bid, which is silly considering how awful the Big East is. I was just speaking generally, though. West Virginia would steam roll them.

Yeah Arkansas is pretty bad. I just knock it because most Rutgers fans annoy me. I did the same thing when everyone was freaking out when Schiano was bringing them to life. They had an awfully easy schedule then, just like they do now. I just am annoyed at how good people think Rutgers is when their schedule is a joke.

If Rutgers was in the ACC or didn't play an absurdly easy schedule they wouldn't be close to the discussion of being BCS worthy.

I mean, UConn shouldn't have been in a BCS bowl either. We weren't anywhere near that good. A product of a flawed system.

Our team this year and in 2006 was light years ahead of the team you sent to the BCS game 2 years ago. It's not even a comparison. The Big East had a winning record against the ACC this year, at worst the 2 conferences are equal. We schedule a top 10 SEC team on the road and it's our fault they're not living up to the hype? Fine we still went down there into a 70K stadium and won the game. The non bias computers have us higher than the voters. You're not watching the games so you have no idea what you're talking about. The Rutgers defense is for real and would keep in any game sans probably Oregon and a few others.

scottyboy
10-22-2012, 12:33 PM

well, we'd beat nc St, so we're better than FSU at least.

And let's cool down the rutgers undefeated talk. Makes me uneasy.

We're not saying RU to the title game but the big east isn't as awful this year in comparison with the big 10 and acc struggling.

And that uconn team that went a few years ago was putrid. We beat them that year and we were awful that season.

scottyboy
10-22-2012, 12:34 PM
forenci, WVU would steam roll us? You do realize we were in the game with them the entire way last year, held Geno to his lowest throwing totals of the year and were starting a freshman QB, right? The hate blinders need to come off.

Forenci
10-22-2012, 12:39 PM
Our team this year and in 2006 was light years ahead of the team you sent to the BCS game 2 years ago. It's not even a comparison. The Big East had a winning record against the ACC this year, at worst the 2 conferences are equal. We schedule a top 10 SEC team on the road and it's our fault they're not living up to the hype? Fine we still went down there into a 70K stadium and won the game. The non bias computers have us higher than the voters. You're not watching the games so you have no idea what you're talking about. The Rutgers defense is for real and would keep in any game sans probably Oregon and a few others.

Haha, I mean, I've seen several games. I'm not sure why you assumed I was comparing you to the UConn team of two years ago. I didn't. Merely stated that they too were unworthy of a BCS game. Clearly this team is much better than the UConn squad, but UConn still had quite a bit of talent on defense. I mean, you yourself said that UConn this year was probably the toughest defense you'll face for the rest of season. How sad is that?

If you seriously think this defense could keep them in any game outside of Oregon your homer shades are worse than I thought. There are any number of teams that would wreck the Rutgers defense.

It's not your fault you schedule one good team and they sucked, but hey, they were overrated and ended up sucking. I can't give you credit for beating a crap team because they weren't supposed to be crap. Maybe try scheduling more than one "tough" OOC game?

And you can use any conference you want. I was just trying to be nice putting you in with the ACC. The SEC would wreck Rutgers. I just didn't want to use that comparison because I don't think it's fair.

Sorry, I just can't take a team seriously that schedules one quality opponent and dominates an sub par conference. I'm not saying they're a bad team by any means but they're certainly far from great.

Aren't guys like 60th in strength of schedule? And that's over teams in even worse conferences who play crappy conference opponents with consistency.

Giantsfan1080
10-22-2012, 12:49 PM
I said Oregon and a few other teams. I'm not going to list every offense in college that I think can put points up on us. We have multiple NFL players on the D and it's as good an indicator as any that the D is for real. I guess I did overrate the UConn D but whatever not much I can say there. I just want to win the Big East and show everyone on a national stage we're a good team. The SEC would wreck pretty much any team so that's not fair. I don't think we are a contender for the national championship so I don't even know why you think that's what we are saying.

bearsfan_51
10-22-2012, 01:57 PM
For the record, I think Florida would destroy Rutgers in that game, so I think there's a decent argument to be made for what he's saying. Rutgers is feasting on a really easy schedule (honestly, Arkansas on the road?)

But you could make the same case for Nebraska, Florida State, and Boise State too, so I'm not sure why you singled them out.

bearsfan_51
10-22-2012, 01:59 PM
If Clemson wins out (and FSU doesn't trip up vs. VT), the ACC could very easily have 2 BCS bids again. No way the Fiesta Bowl would choose Rutgers over Boise State either, looking at travel and attendance that would be as good of a decision as the ACC adding Pitt and Syracuse.
There's an obvious cache that comes with being undefeated, especially over an 11-1 Boise State team.

Not buying Clemson. At all. They'll lose again because they always do. Thus is the nature of the ACC.

scottyboy
10-22-2012, 02:00 PM
hey, it's not our fault Arkansas imploded. Having a home and home with a top 10 team from the SEC when scheduled is pretty good...or was on paper.

bearsfan_51
10-22-2012, 02:03 PM
hey, it's not our fault Arkansas imploded. Having a home and home with a top 10 team from the SEC when scheduled is pretty good...or was on paper.
No, it's not your fault, but it doesn't really say anything about Rutgers either.

Forenci
10-22-2012, 02:21 PM
I said Oregon and a few other teams. I'm not going to list every offense in college that I think can put points up on us. We have multiple NFL players on the D and it's as good an indicator as any that the D is for real. I guess I did overrate the UConn D but whatever not much I can say there. I just want to win the Big East and show everyone on a national stage we're a good team. The SEC would wreck pretty much any team so that's not fair. I don't think we are a contender for the national championship so I don't even know why you think that's what we are saying.

Haha, that's fine. I think it's more than just a few, but I suppose it depends on what your definition of a few is. I just don't think you guys are that special/great. And that's why I didn't use the SEC as an example. I don't think you guys would do well in the Pac-12, either.

I was arguing against you being in a BCS bowl, not the national championship game. There are other teams (as BF mentioned) who probably shouldn't be in it either due to their competition being inferior.

Clearly the voters agree with you not being worthy or you'd be ranked much higher.

Like I said, its not, but that doesn't mean Rutgers should be given any more credit for playing a crap team.

Giantsfan1080
10-22-2012, 02:24 PM
So if we get to a BCS bowl and beat whoever we face then you can give us a little credit. Until that happens there isn't much else to be said. When a defense has about 5 or 6 NFL players on it then I think it's for real.

Forenci
10-22-2012, 05:26 PM
So if we get to a BCS bowl and beat whoever we face then you can give us a little credit. Until that happens there isn't much else to be said. When a defense has about 5 or 6 NFL players on it then I think it's for real.

That's fine. And if you guys make it to a BCS game and lose you can eat crow.

49erNation85
10-22-2012, 07:26 PM
So I think Gators have a chance to beat bama now after showing how good our defense is and we might make it to the title game.

SickwithIt1010
10-22-2012, 07:28 PM
So I think Gators have a chance to beat bama now after showing how good our defense is and we might make it to the title game.

Driskel will look like a pop warner QB against Bama.

bearsfan_51
11-04-2012, 11:13 AM
Let's try this un otro vez!

Alabama (13-0) vs. Oregon (13-0)

-Alabama is great, blah blah blah....

-Well, nobody has lost yet, but now the question is who will be #2 if everyone remainds undefeated. Notre Dame appears to be mathematically out of this equation, so now it's a squeaker between Oregon and Kansas State.

Important games (Alabama): Texas A&M, SEC Championship Game
Important games (Oregon): Stanford, @Oregon State, Pac12 Game

Florida (11-1) vs. Oklahoma (10-2)

-Well, the loss to Georgia ruined Florida's shot at a national or SEC championship, but it did very little to keep them out of the BCS. If they win against Florida State, they're in at 11-1.

-If Oklahoma can finish out the season with 2 losses, they are a lock for the BCS. If they lose, **** gets really, really complicated.

Florida State (11-2) vs. Louisville (11-1)

-The ACC sucks so bad this year, but Florida State is still clearly the best in the bunch. I think they lose to Florida but otherwise run the table, having already blown their annual game. But, this is Florida State, so they'll probably blow it again.

-I predict that Cincy beats Rutgers, and Rutgers beats Louisville, thus leaving the Big East as a three-way tie. Louisville will likely still be ranked the highest in this scenario and get the nod.

Kansas State (12-0) vs. Notre Dame (12-0)
-The BCS should really hope that both Notre Dame and Kansas State lose. It could happen, but I don't think it's better than 50% to happen.

-This would be about as close to a semi-final game as you can get in the BCS.

Nebraska (10-3) vs. Oregon State (10-2)

-Nebraska won their pivotal game against Michigan. They could still slip up, but they're in the driver's seat now.

-With Boise State losing (and Nebraska winning) this gets really complicated. There are no other realistic non-AQ teams left (La. Tech is about as close as it gets), which means that the last BCS team is likely either going to be Clemson, or a second team from the Pac12 (Oregon State or Stanford). This makes next week's game between Oregon State and Stanford especially important as a likely elimination game.

-I'll predict Clemson to lose to South Carolina, and Oregon State to win one of their games against Stanford/Oregon, leaving them at 10-2 and in the Rose Bowl.

Babylon
11-04-2012, 11:44 AM
^

In a way it was probably good that Bama won that game last night because that would have really created a cluster####.

As much as we argue this stuff (in good fun i hope) it'll all play itself out. Oregon still has tough games with Stanford and OSU then the Pac-12 title game, your lineup seems like it could be pretty accurate.

Cigaro
11-04-2012, 11:51 AM
The limit of two teams per conference in the BCS really screws things this year. I think Georgia/Florida/LSU/Texas A&M(obviously one of those will play) are more deserving than certain teams that will get the spot.

Saying that, if the top four continue to win out, hopefully they do indeed match up the two that don't make it.

Babylon
11-04-2012, 11:53 AM
The limit of two teams per conference in the BCS really screws things this year. I think Georgia/Florida/LSU/Texas A&M(obviously one of those will play) are more deserving than certain teams that will get the spot.

Saying that, if the top four continue to win out, hopefully they do indeed match up the two that don't make it.

A & M will most likely lose this week and for my money Florida is not a very good football team right now but outside of a playoff it's never going to be the best system in the world.

bearsfan_51
11-04-2012, 12:01 PM

I disagree. The rest of the nation doesn't want to see the all-SEC show. Having teams from the other conferences compete against each other is the only thing that makes the bowl season watchable (hence the really low ratings for the Alabama-LSU game last year)

Cigaro
11-04-2012, 12:05 PM
I disagree. The rest of the nation doesn't want to see the all-SEC show. Having teams from the other conferences compete against each other is the only thing that makes the bowl season watchable (hence the really low ratings for the Alabama-LSU game last year)

I'm not saying all of those teams should play, but I feel as if the SEC were to field a third team to take one of those non-AQ spots, they'd be better than the alternative. It would still be a matchup that employed different conferences.

bucfan12
11-04-2012, 12:27 PM
I just can't see Oregon slipping up. However, it'd be tough to see them get in over Kansas State. They've been very impressive against better opponents.

Notre Dame does not belong in the top 5 with the schedule they've played. They struggled with Oklahoma when Kansas State dominated them right from the start. Notre Dame got style points but it was 20-13 up until5 min left in the game. Plus, 3 OTs with Pitt at home????? They don't belong in the conversation of a National title despite there record.

Heck, they've barely beaten Purdue, BYU, and Miami. they don't belong/.

bearsfan_51
11-04-2012, 01:03 PM
Notre Dame has played a much tougher schedule than Oregon. I'm getting tired of making this really ******* obvious point.

bearsfan_51
11-04-2012, 01:04 PM
I'm not saying all of those teams should play, but I feel as if the SEC were to field a third team to take one of those non-AQ spots, they'd be better than the alternative. It would still be a matchup that employed different conferences.
*shrug*

I really don't see the difference between a 10-2 Oregon State team vs. a 10-2 South Carolina or LSU team.

It'd be one thing if a 1-loss team was being left out of the picture, but that's not going to happen.

Babylon
11-04-2012, 01:05 PM
Notre Dame has played a much tougher schedule than Oregon. I'm getting tired of making this really ******* obvious point.

I'd be all for burying that subject till the Ducks play Stanford and Oregon st.

nrk
11-05-2012, 11:13 AM
I just can't see Oregon slipping up. However, it'd be tough to see them get in over Kansas State. They've been very impressive against better opponents.

Notre Dame does not belong in the top 5 with the schedule they've played. They struggled with Oklahoma when Kansas State dominated them right from the start. Notre Dame got style points but it was 20-13 up until5 min left in the game. Plus, 3 OTs with Pitt at home????? They don't belong in the conversation of a National title despite there record.

This is not true. Oklahoma had the lead against K-State going in to the 4th. Notre Dame dominated us more so than K-State. Oklahoma only lead in the first quarter against ND. Then after tying it, ND said hells no, and made the loss look a lot worse.

If it wasn't for Landry Jones' stupid ******* fumble at the 1, it probably would have been a 6-3 game in OU's favor going to the half rather than 10-6 (which was the score going in to half time for both games) in K-State's favor.

dabears10
11-05-2012, 11:22 AM

Is 41-3 barely now?

Notre Dame's schedule has been better than K-State and Oregon. You can say style points favors the others, that's fine. Just don't make the incorrect argument about schedule. There is a reason they are ranked 1, 2 or 3 in all the computer polls.

Also, Notre Dame dominated the Pitt game in almost every category. Pitt had big plays that put them on the advantage. It was a trap game that Notre Dame was lucky to come out the victor.

Someone already commented about K-State and Notre Dame playing Oklahoma. Oklahoma was off to a good start but after the bad snap by the center they never really got anything going offensively.

nrk
11-05-2012, 11:31 AM
Oh god, I had the memory of Bell's fumbled snap blocked away. Thanks :(

But really, that is just another instance of where K-State got lucky.

Not trying to discredit K-State, they played a good game. I was more impressed by ND's win over us though.

Docta
11-05-2012, 12:48 PM
Oh god, I had the memory of Bell's fumbled snap blocked away. Thanks :(

But really, that is just another instance of where K-State got lucky.

Not trying to discredit K-State, they played a good game. I was more impressed by ND's win over us though.
You expect underclassmen to make mistakes. That isn't luck. It's not like he has a history of never fumbling.

nrk
11-05-2012, 01:02 PM
You expect underclassmen to make mistakes. That isn't luck. It's not like he has a history of never fumbling.

You don't go in expecting to rely on those mistakes though, especially quarterbacks fumbling the snap. It was a fumbled snap within the 5 yard line in which K-State had nothing to do with other than the recovery, which you got to hand them that. That kind of turnover to prevent points is pretty lucky.

Shane P. Hallam
11-05-2012, 01:34 PM
My only question is if Oregon gets to the NC and Notre Dame does not, would the Rose Bowl consider taking Notre Dame over a Pac-12 team. I know it is rare for the Rose Bowl to shy away from the Big-10/Pac match-up, but with the moneymaker of Notre Dame, I imagine they could tip that way (assuming the Sugar Bowl doesn't first!)

bearsfan_51
11-05-2012, 01:43 PM
My only question is if Oregon gets to the NC and Notre Dame does not, would the Rose Bowl consider taking Notre Dame over a Pac-12 team. I know it is rare for the Rose Bowl to shy away from the Big-10/Pac match-up, but with the moneymaker of Notre Dame, I imagine they could tip that way (assuming the Sugar Bowl doesn't first!)
Yeah I had that originally and changed it. There is a good deal of collusion among the BCS games, so I wonder if the Rose and Fiesta bowls wouldn't work something out to ensure the undefeated matchup.

I would assume the Sugar Bowl would take an SEC team, since it's high heresy in the South to take anything from the North above an SEC team. By gawd.

MassNole
11-05-2012, 01:59 PM

It's likely no other Pac 12 team would even be eligible for the BCS at that point.

bearsfan_51
11-05-2012, 02:19 PM
Not really. As I show above, Oregon State could beat Stanford and lose to Oregon, finish 10-2, and easily be eligible for a BCS game.

Shane P. Hallam
11-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Not really. As I show above, Oregon State could beat Stanford and lose to Oregon, finish 10-2, and easily be eligible for a BCS game.

Yup. I don't think the collusion reaches to letting the two undefeateds play though. No way do I believe the Rose Bowl takes money out of their pockets and passes on Notre Dame just to let those two play. I can see them wanting to keep the Pac/Big match-up as a reason to though.

bearsfan_51
11-18-2012, 11:08 AM
Lots of changes!

Alabama (12-1) vs. Notre Dame (12-0)

-Pretty simple. Winner of Alabama-Georgia.

-Notre Dame wins and they are in. Notre Dame loses, and all hell breaks loose. Florida would probably get the nod if they beat FSU (though the computers hate FSU, so I'm not sure it would go both ways). Oregon, K-State, and even Notre Dame would still have a chance.

LSU (10-2) vs. Oklahoma (10-2)

-At the moment, I'm predicting a Florida State victory over Florida. If that happens, the Sugar Bowl will have their pick of 2-loss teams, and it comes down to picking the local team in LSU, or the potential appeal of Manziel and A&M.

-Oklahoma had a scare against West Virginia, which gives me pause against an improved Oklahoma State team.

Nebraska (10-3) vs. Stanford (11-2)

-Either Nebraska or Wisconsin, and I wouldn't sleep on Wisconsin.

-Impressive stuff by Stanford beating Oregon State and Oregon in consecutive weeks. They now oddly have to beat UCLA twice, but if they do, they're going to the Rose Bowl.

Kansas State (11-1) vs. Oregon (11-1)
-What happened to K-State was unfortunate, but losing one game doesn't make them a bad team. They'll still win the Big 12 and make the Fiesta Bowl.

-Unless UCLA beats Stanford, Oregon now won't even win the Pac 12. But they will make a BCS bowl game, and head to this former title game matchup.

Florida State (12-1) vs. Rutgers (11-1)

-The ACC sucks so bad this year, but Florida State is still clearly the best in the bunch. Can they not blow it? I don't know.

-Rutgers beat Cincy, and they'll beat Louisville too.

bearsfan_51
11-18-2012, 11:48 AM
And now for the rest:

GoDaddy: Ohio vs. Louisiana-Monroe
BBVA: Toledo vs. Troy
Cotton: Texas vs. Texas A&M
Heart of Dallas: Purdue vs. TCU
Outback: Wisconsin vs. South Carolina
Capital One: Michigan vs. Georgia
Gator: Northwestern vs. Mississippi State
Sun: Miami vs. UCLA
Music City: Vanderbilt vs. Virginia Tech
Liberty: Tulsa vs. Ole Miss
Chick Fil-A: Clemson vs. Florida
Pinstripe: West Virginia vs. Syracuse
Fight Hunger: USC vs. Navy
BW3's: Texas Tech vs. Michigan State
Armed Forces: Air Force vs. East Carolina
Alamo: Oklahoma State vs. Oregon State
Russell Athletic: Louisville vs. Georgia Tech
Meineke: Minnesota vs. Baylor
Holiday: Iowa State vs. Washington
Independence: La Tech vs. Duke
Military: Ball State vs. La-Lafayette
Belk: Cincinnati vs. NC State
Little Caesars: N. Illinois vs. W. Kentucky
Hawaii: Fresno State vs. San Jose State
Las Vegas: Boise State vs. Arizona
New Orleans: Arkansas State vs. Kent State
Beef O'Brady: Middle Tennessee vs. UCF
Poinsettia: San Diego State vs. BYU
New Mexico: Nevada vs. Arizona State
Idaho Potato: Bowling Green vs. Utah State

soybean
11-19-2012, 02:08 AM
Can anyone explain to me why Georgia is ranked higher than Oregon?

Oregon lost in overtime to Stanford while Georgia got absolutely beat the f*** down by South Carolina.

JRTPlaya21
11-19-2012, 09:29 AM
Well the trend I've noticed through the years is after a team loses the next ones beneath them move up. Is Oregon better then Georgia? Maybe. If you ask me Oregon has been madly overrated all year and they finally met their match.

sbh15
11-19-2012, 09:47 AM
Florida is pretty much assured a spot in the BCSNC with a win over FSU and a Notre Dame loss... unbelievable

JRTPlaya21
11-19-2012, 09:54 AM
That is if the voters don't hold a grudge from last year and don't wanna put a team that didn't win its conference in there.

Shane P. Hallam
11-19-2012, 09:59 AM
Florida is pretty much assured a spot in the BCSNC with a win over FSU and a Notre Dame loss... unbelievable

It's that first part that may be a problem...

MassNole
11-19-2012, 10:14 AM

If UF struggles to score points vs. ULL and Jacksonville State, what makes you think you won't vs. FSU in an even worse way?

bearsfan_51
11-19-2012, 10:59 AM
If UF struggles to score points vs. ULL and Jacksonville State, what makes you think you won't vs. FSU in an even worse way?
Because FSU lost to NC State?

Giantsfan1080
11-19-2012, 11:00 AM
Rutgers/FSU would be all defense.

MassNole
11-19-2012, 11:02 AM
Because FSU lost to NC State?

If the game was in Gainesville that might make sense, but it's at Doak Campbell where FSU has won big all year. Their offense is an embarrassment to football, now they'll deal with crowd noise and the #1 defense in the country. Great combination to get a win.

MassNole
11-19-2012, 11:06 AM
Rutgers/FSU would be a bigger disaster for NJ than Hurricane Sandy.

scottyboy
11-19-2012, 11:08 AM
Rutgers/FSU would be a bigger disaster for NJ than Hurricane Sandy.

my god I hope this matchup happens so we can facefuck you so hard that your tonsils end up coming out of your anus and I will rub that **** in your face so hard you'll never want to talk about FSU or football ever again. Sweet chokejob against NC st. Way to live up to your championship team hype for the 100th straight season.

MassNole
11-19-2012, 11:14 AM
my god I hope this matchup happens so we can facefuck you so hard that your tonsils end up coming out of your anus and I will rub that **** in your face so hard you'll never want to talk about FSU or football ever again. Sweet chokejob against NC st. Way to live up to your championship team hype for the 100th straight season.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=323010164

You lost to Kent State, at home You were tied at 7-7 with Army in the 4th quarter at home. As I said, bigger disaster for NJ than Hurricane Sandy.

Giantsfan1080
11-19-2012, 11:16 AM
Kent State is better than NC State. I hope the panhandle falls into the gulf you douchemonger.

scottyboy
11-19-2012, 11:18 AM
http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=323010164

You lost to Kent State, at home You were tied at 7-7 with Army in the 4th quarter at home. As I said, bigger disaster for NJ than Hurricane Sandy.

My god I can't wait to destroy you. And I never **** talk before a game but I hope we match up with you. If this happens and we win, I'm going to spam your inbox every day until you cry and masturbate to Khaseem Greene raping your offense with your tears as lube.

the only disaster will be me rioting from our BCS bowl win. My god I can't wait. Kent State's ranked and better than NCSt so lolololol at your lack of knowledge or being a functioning human being with any use to society

MassNole
11-19-2012, 11:22 AM
My god I can't wait to destroy you. And I never **** talk before a game but I hope we match up with you. If this happens and we win, I'm going to spam your inbox every day until you cry and masturbate to Khaseem Greene raping your offense with your tears as lube.

the only disaster will be me rioting from our BCS bowl win. My god I can't wait. Kent State's ranked and better than NCSt so lolololol at your lack of knowledge or being a functioning human being with any use to society

You lost at home to a MAC team who was destroyed by Kentucky. Kentucky, let that sink in a minute, Kentucky, which was their only FBS win of the year. The only convincing win Rutgers has all year is against Temple. Every other game has been a tight contest with some awful team.

MassNole
11-19-2012, 11:29 AM
Kent State is better than NC State. I hope the panhandle falls into the gulf you douchemonger.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcgbya9RnB1qkmbgt.gif

Giantsfan1080
11-19-2012, 11:31 AM
Don't you dare use Jennifer Lawrence against me!!!!!

draftguru151
11-19-2012, 11:37 AM
Who uses the same reaction gif twice. :/

MassNole
11-19-2012, 11:43 AM
Who uses the same reaction gif twice. :/

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcgtlkH4NL1r3zat8.gif

G Mobile
11-19-2012, 12:47 PM

Oregon lost in overtime to Stanford while Georgia got absolutely beat the f*** down by South Carolina.

Because its not about who teams lose to, its only about when they lose. If Alabama lost to a scrub team in the 1st three weeks they would have a better shot at a title than if they lost in th SEC cha,pionship. If your team is gonna lose, do it sooner rather than later.

BuckeyeDan17
11-19-2012, 01:21 PM
This page is priceless.

Iamcanadian
11-19-2012, 01:26 PM

And Alabama got absolutely beat down by Texas A&M.

scottyboy
11-19-2012, 01:59 PM
This page is priceless.

Ignorant people who I don't much care for shouldn't badmouthed rutgers. That's when mean and ugly Scotty is awakened

Smooth Criminal
11-19-2012, 02:13 PM
It's not only who you lose too but who you beat. Oregons only quality win of the year is a USC team, and can that even be considered a big win anymore.

Even Big Ten teams have better wins this year than Oregon.

soybean
11-19-2012, 03:19 PM
It's not only who you lose too but who you beat. Oregons only quality win of the year is a USC team, and can that even be considered a big win anymore.

Even Big Ten teams have better wins this year than Oregon.

but that's bull because it's all perceived by preseason rankings that the SEC gets overrated on to begin with.

Look at South Carolina's schedule and point out a quality win? Georgia? why? because Georgia was ranked high to begin with?

How bout Georgia? What's their quality win? an overrated Florida team?

And finally: HOW THE F*** WAS TENNESSEE RANKED #23 IN THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON?

49erNation85
11-19-2012, 04:06 PM
If ND loses this weekend Florida can play in the big game IF they win against FSU. Man that would sick!!

bearsfan_51
11-19-2012, 04:15 PM
but that's bull because it's all perceived by preseason rankings that the SEC gets overrated on to begin with.

Look at South Carolina's schedule and point out a quality win? Georgia? why? because Georgia was ranked high to begin with?

How bout Georgia? What's their quality win? an overrated Florida team
No. I hate the SEC, and you can certainly make a case for Oregon over Georgia, but let's not kid ourselves into thinking that Florida is somehow in the same category as USC, Arizona, and Washington.

What's most important in all of this is that in order to make the championship game, Georgia will also have to beat Alabama.

Alabama + Florida > Anything Oregon can do

You said we'd wait to talk about rankings until after Oregon played it's last three games. Well, it took them all of one big game to fail that test.