30. New York Giants- TE Tyler Eifert Notre Dame

31. Houston Texans- WR Tavon Austin West Virginia

32. Atlanta Falcons- DE Corey Lemonier Auburn

vidae
10-16-2012, 12:05 PM
Great KC pick.

Razor
10-16-2012, 12:09 PM
Matt Elam is a baller, but he's not a first round pick. He's just too small to play safety in the NFL.

Pat Sims 90
10-16-2012, 12:13 PM
Matt Elam is a baller, but he's not a first round pick. He's just too small to play safety in the NFL.

He is about the same size of Earl Thomas. He will play safety in the NFL.

derza222
10-16-2012, 12:17 PM
Jets don't really have a need for a ILB heading into next season with David Harris likely sticking with the team for awhile and Demario Davis drafted as Bart Scott's successor in the 3rd round this past season.

You could go in a bunch of other directions though - starters at RB, TE, both G spots, both S spots, and one OLB spot are FA's this offseason, the other starting OLB is likely to be a cap casualty, QB and RT situations could definitely be upgraded, and you could make a decent case for going WR too.

Basically I could see anything that would fit the schemes the Jets run besides an interior DL, an ILB, a C, a pure LT, or a corner. And I could probably even buy corner too in the right situation.

Razor
10-16-2012, 12:31 PM
He is about the same size of Earl Thomas. He will play safety in the NFL.

That would be true if it wasn't because The Earl is ten times the player that Elam is. Elam isn't anywhere near The Earl imo.

soybean
10-16-2012, 12:51 PM
You know I'm not so sure the Raiders go QB this upcoming draft. Carson Palmer actually hasn't been THAT bad. I'm not sure how their team stands but I know they could use a stud number 1 to go with all their current weapons.

Probably should go defense.

T-RICH49
10-16-2012, 01:07 PM
fantastic Chiefs pick

Don Vito
10-16-2012, 01:11 PM
I like Elam a lot personally but I don't think he is worth it for us in the first. He could be a first round pick but if we take a safety early I'd hope it was a center fielder type coverage safety, and as I said I like Elam but that is not him. Now I know those guys don't grow on trees but we have needed one for a long time.

Thecollegedropout
10-16-2012, 05:20 PM
Jets don't really have a need for a ILB heading into next season with David Harris likely sticking with the team for awhile and Demario Davis drafted as Bart Scott's successor in the 3rd round this past season.

You could go in a bunch of other directions though - starters at RB, TE, both G spots, both S spots, and one OLB spot are FA's this offseason, the other starting OLB is likely to be a cap casualty, QB and RT situations could definitely be upgraded, and you could make a decent case for going WR too.

Basically I could see anything that would fit the schemes the Jets run besides an interior DL, an ILB, a C, a pure LT, or a corner. And I could probably even buy corner too in the right situation.
I actually like the Te'O pick but that's because I think D. Davis can be transformed into a run stopping OLB for us. Te'O would be a great person to replace Bart Scott.

ChicagoBearsVet23
10-17-2012, 12:30 PM
Great Bears pick

Docta
10-17-2012, 12:54 PM
That would be true if it wasn't because The Earl is ten times the player that Elam is. Elam isn't anywhere near The Earl imo.
But you said he was too small to play in the NFL, which he obviously isn't.

Drafts are rarely this deep at safety, so I think we're going to see a lot of safeties in the 1st-2nd.

RaiderNation
10-17-2012, 08:22 PM
You know I'm not so sure the Raiders go QB this upcoming draft. Carson Palmer actually hasn't been THAT bad. I'm not sure how their team stands but I know they could use a stud number 1 to go with all their current weapons.

Probably should go defense.

We did resign Palmer to a 4 year deal and I do agree he is the least of our problems right now(probably MVP of the team so far). On offense we lack a go to WR and on defense we honestly need help all around especially in the pass defense. I'd love Mingo/Jones but with both gone its hard to pass up Barkley for a player like Star Lotulelei who likely won't help our pass rush. He would allow us to go 3-4 though which I'd like since I believe our defensive players in the front 4 will do much better in the new scheme. I'd learn towards drafting Barkley to develop but if Star's the pick I wouldn't be upset though.

bengalbuck
10-17-2012, 10:08 PM
I don't know a ton about Reid. I like the idea of addressing Safety though.

I do like Baccari Rambo also and if we could get a guy like him in the 2nd, maybe get a more premium position like DE in the first, especially if we're drafting that early.

PeterMurray
10-19-2012, 10:19 AM
Elam is a guy that people will always have tons of reasons not to like as a prospect but then once he gets in the right system and flourishes, everyone will remember why he was so highly touted in the first place. He will flat out play for a long time with the right team.

NY+Giants=NYG
10-19-2012, 01:45 PM
Terrible Giants pick. A freaking TE?! That's a remote through the TV pick! We didn't draft Fleener when people thought we were. So I don't feel we would draft a TE.

killxswitch
10-19-2012, 02:03 PM
Hankins is a fine pick for Indy. I might prefer Warmack, but Hankins is great.

Matthew Jones
10-19-2012, 03:23 PM
Just posted this in another thread: fit, need are both there for Elam, but the value is way off.

D-Unit
10-20-2012, 12:51 PM
Give Dallas Jake Matthews. Doug Free's base salary goes from $1.2M to $7M in 2013. If you factor in signing bonus... it's $5.3M in 2012 to $11.2M in 2013. The way he's playing right now... there's just no way in hell that he gets that money.

We can get a Guard in FA that won't cost as much as a new Tackle will... plus the talent availability will probably be better too.

bucfan12
10-21-2012, 07:55 AM
Sims,

Why would any team take Tyler Bray? I know Freeman hasn;t shown much consistancy, but I think with the weak class, I think Mark Dominik and Greg Schiano will give it the rest of this season and next to figure it out, especiailly since there is no QB worthy of that pick, ESPECIALLY BRAY!.

I'd give them a CB or DE.