PDA

View Full Version : Mid Season 2013 Mock pt II

Brown Leader
10-16-2012, 04:11 PM
*under construction*
returners: - C.J. Mosley - Kevin Minter -Tyler Bray - Logan Thomas - David Amerson - J.Jeffcoat - Sharrif Floyd - W.Ghoulston - Cordarrelle Paterson - Nickell Robey - Justin Gilbert - Tony Jefferson - Jonathan Brown.

RD.1

1. Kansas City Chiefs - Geno Smith /QB/ West Virginia
I doubt the Chiefs will have to trade up to get the #1 anymore. At the point that fans are cheering for Brady Quinn to come in, you know you've hit rock bottom. Either way Geno will be their target. Smith's fallen off the RG3 comparisons but I think he's still the top QB prospect. His physical skills and arm talent isn't much more than Barkley's, but he shows great poise and work ethic. It's Brady-esque. NFL comp. Tom Brady

2. TRADE Arizona Cardinals (JAC) - Tyler Wilson /QB/ Arkansas:
Playing for a terrible Arkansas squad doesn't stop Wilson from still being one of the best QBs coming out. This guy is like Tony Romo with fire. His mobility, arm strength, knack for producing under heavy pressure and ability to fit it into tight windows makes him a top 10 QB. I'd take him over Geno. NFL comp. Tony Romo

3. Oakland Raiders – Star Lotulelei /DT/ Utah:
Palmer still doesn't look like the pre elbow injury guy but he's not the current problem in Oakland. Oakland can probably go bpa and hit an area of need in this draft. NFL comp. Ndamukong Suh

4. Cleveland Browns – Keenan Allen* /WR/ California:
IMO, unquestionably, WR is the Browns top need, but it's debatable if a new regime goes there, especially for Allen, who will have to come back from a late season knee issue and show no ill effects during the evaluation process. May seem excessive to go WR again but Little's been a bust due to drops and Massaquoi's just an ordinary bust who's contract will be up and an elite WR is becoming a higher priority now across the league. Allen's Dez Bryant minus the crazy ****. NFL comp. Dez Bryant

5. Carolina Panthers - Luke Joeckel* /OT/ Texas A&M:
It should be easier for a new GM to pull the trigger on the top OT then one of the highly touted DTs. NFL comp. Joe Thomas

6. TRADE Jacksonville Jaguars (ARI)- Damontre Moore* /DE/ Texas A&M:
I thought Moore would have a strong season but he looks better then I envisioned. Huge fan now. They moved him to DE after playing as a stand up OLB last year and he's dominating. He's everything you hope Mingo can be. NFL comp. Willie McGinest

7. TRADE Buffalo Bills (PHI) – E.J. Manuel /QB/ Florida State:
I'm a fan of Fitzpatrick but the Bills at some point are going to grab for a long term QB with high upside. I think Gailey/Nix would really covet Manuel more then Barkley and be willing to trade up to secure him. NFL comp. Daunte Culpepper

8. Tennessee Titans - Jarvis Jones* /OLB-DE/ Georgia:
Fully expect a new DC on the Titans and a switch to the 34 scheme might be a good idea. Jones is the prototypical 34 OLB but he' doesn't look like the greatest athlete to me. His numbers are eye popping but he's a little bit of an overachiever type. He's like a smaller Tambi Hali. NFL comp. Chad Brown

9. Dallas Cowboys - John Hankins* /DT/ Ohio State:
I don't think Jones will be ready yet to pull the trigger on a QB this high. Hankins is the bdpa and could play on the nose or DE. NFL comp. B.J. Raji

10. St. Louis Rams - Oday Aboushi /OT/ Virginia:
I like Joeckel & Matthews, but Oday is right up there with them imo and more athletic then either. Recent articles are starting to back me up and give Oday some first round praise. NFL comp. Duane Brown

11. New Orleans Saints - Dion Jordan* /OLB-DE/ Oregon:
Got my first good look at Jordan against Washington a while back and came away impressed. NFL comp. Mathias Kiwanuka

12. TRADE Minnesota Vikings (CIN) - Manti Te'o /LB/ Notre Dame:
Someone will trade up to get Manti. NFL comp. DeMeco Ryans

13. St. Louis Rams (WAS) - Jake Matthews* /OT/ Texas A&M:
Yes, that's 2 OTs from a guy that's never drafted one before in the first round. Here's why... despite great coaching the Rams are really hurting at this position. Matthews is especially tough to pass on because he's one of the safest picks in the first-and with this staff a sure pro bowler. Coming out of the draft with 2 bookends would be hitting a homerun for the Rams-better protection would allow them to open up the offense and better run blocking would allow control of the clock. NFL comp. Todd Herremans

14. San Diego Chargers – Taylor Lewan* /OT/ Michigan:
New regime might want to take it safe with their first pick and it is a need. NFL comp. Jake Long

15. TRADE Philadelphia Eagles (BUF) – Matt Barkley /QB/ USC:
I see Barkley slipping. If they target him I think it's possible they could trade down and still land him. They need an efficient-manager style QB rather then another dual threat type. NFL comp. Matt Flynn

16. New York Jets - Barkevious Mingo*/DE-OLB/ LSU:
Mingo is expected to blow everyone away at the combine but he's doing very little as a part time player this season. Still, he could be something like a better Michael Johnson, sooo..... NFL comp. Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila

17. TRADE Cincinnati Bengals (MINN) - Bjoern Werner* /DE-OLB/ Florida State:
I'm not near as high on Werner as others but he brings a Jason Babin type style and eventually might figure out how to be a good pro player. NFL comp. Chris Long

18. Detroit Lions- Eric Reid* /S/LSU:
Reid's not having as good a season with all the surrounding talent gone but he still looks beastly at times. NFL comp. William Moore

19. Indianapolis Colts – Dee Milliner*/CB/ Alabama:
With so few top CBs in this class, Milliner would probably be wise to declare. I def don't see a top ten guy but, who knows, Gilmore went there last year. Right now I think he's just top 20.
NFL Comp. Terrell Thomas

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Jesse Williams /NT/ Alabama:
Not yet getting enough recognition. Williams should become a beast of an interior lineman in the NFL-able to play in any scheme. NFL Comp. Antonio Garay

21. Miami Dolphins - Tyler Eifert /TE/ Notre Dame:
Looks to have improved his strength this season and now looks like a cross between Witten and Jimmy Graham. Not quite as athletic as Graham but better then Witten. NFL Comp. Jimmy Graham

22. Seattle Seahawks - Sheldon Richardson* /DT/ Missouri:
With Rice starting to earn his contract, and Tate looking like he wants to stay, the Hawks could go bpa. Richardson is ridiculously athletic for a bigger guy. NFL Comp. Darnell Docket

23. San Francisco 49ers - DeAndre Hopkins* /WR/ Clemson:
Hopkins stepping up like a #1 WR this season. NFL comp. Miles Austin

24. Baltimore Ravens - Xavier Rhodes /CB-S/ Florida State:
Rhodes has the size and tackling ability to play safety if needed. NFL comp. Gary Baxter

25. New York Giants - John Jenkins /NT/ Georgia:
Bust potential for sure but you can't coach up size + motor. NFL comp. Terence Knighton

26. Pittsburgh Steelers - Robert Woods* /WR/ USC:
Wallace is not likely to return and Brown has been solid but not quite as good as his contract. Sanders is also a FA. Woods is now the forgotten guy with Lee breaking out. What I like most is his toughness. NFL comp. Santonio Holmes

27. New England Patriots - Johnathan Cooper /OG/ North Carolina:
Best interior Olineman in this class. NFL Comp. Chris Snee

28. Green Bay Packers - Joseph Randle /RB/ Oklahoma St.:
Quietly stepped up his game in the absence of Weeden and Blackmon. A complete back who should be a first round pick. NFL comp. Matt Forte

29. Denver Broncos - Johnthan Banks /CB/ Miss State:
Great size and skill set to become a better pro than colloge player. NFL Comp. DRC

30. Atlanta Falcons - Eric Fisher /OT/Central Michigan:
Lamar Holmes? Fisher needs more work but he's a fiery bulked up TE with a lot of upside. NFL comp Jared Veldheer

31. Houston Texans – Matt Elam*/S /Florida:
If he declares he could rise in this class. NFL Comp. Dante Whitner

32. Chicago Bears - Chance Warmack /OG/ Alabama:
Even after a SB victory could they ignore this area again? NFL Comp. Davin Joseph

RD.2

1. Kansas City Chiefs – Stedman Bailey*/WR/ West Virginia:
After Bowe, it's Baldwin, McCluster for a year, and the ridiculously overpaid Breaston. Stedman's blowing up this year as expected. He's kind of like a faster Golden Tate. Pairing him back up with Geno would be interesting. NFL Comp. Golden Tate

2. Jacksonville Jaguars - Terrance Williams /WR/ Baylor:
Wiiliams has great feet for a good sized WR. Sort of a sleeper that might play like a first rounder from the jump. NFL comp. Jeremy Maclin

3. Cincinnati Bengals (OAK) – Barrett Jones /OC/ Alabama:
Will become more valuable because of his versatility.

4. Cleveland Browns (supp) - Josh Gordon /WR/ Baylor:
Flash had somewhat of a breakout game against the Giants catching 2TDs, nearly a 3rd if not for an errant Weeden pass. NFL comp. Michael Jenkins

5. Carolina Panthers -Tavon Austin /WR/ West Virginia:
Chudzinski needs another weapon other than Smitty/Newton. NFL comp. Randall Cobb

6. TRADE Jacksonville Jaguars (ARI) - David Amerson /S/ NC State:
Exposed at CB and now might be more valuable as a safety.

7. Philadelphia Eagles – D.J. Fluker* /OT/Alabama:
Good coaching and D.J.'s a pro bowler.

8. Tennessee Titans - Dallas Thomas /OG/ Tennessee:
Titans always need the help inside.

9. Dallas Cowboys - Justin Hunter* /WR/Tennessee:
The much needed 3rd WR. NFL comp. Malcolm Floyd

10. St Louis Rams - Jordan Reed* /TE/ Florida:
Rams have a couple of keepers in Amendola & Givens but Hendricks is a near bust as a rec TE. Reed looks like what Kellen Winslow II was before getting on a motorcycle. Reed was a Jarvis Jones strip away from literally leaping onto the draft buzz scene. He'll be back. NFL Comp. Kellen Winslow

11. New Orleans Saints – forfeited:

12. Cincinnati Bengals - Eddie Lacy*/RB/ Alabama:
Superbly talented but also playing behind a phenomenal line. NFL Comp. Steven Jackson

13. Washington Redskins - T.J. McDonald /S/ USC:
Playing more tentative this season, maby trying to avoid injury but worthy of a 1st round pick imo. NFL Comp. Tanard Jackson

14. San Diego Chargers – Da'Rick Rogers* /WR/ Tenn. Tech:
Should probably stay another year but circumstances might have him declaring. NFL Comp. Kenny Britt

15. Buffalo Bills – Corey Lemonier* /DE-OLB/ Auburn:
Lemonier has been one of the most consistent rushers in the country. NFL Comp. Shawn Merriman

16. New York Jets - Le'Veon Bell* /RB/ Michigan State:
Mired on a terrible offense, Bell will end up a steal in the NFL. Eddie George

17. Minnesota Vikings - Ezekiel Ansah /DE/ BYU:
No telling how high his stock will rise eventually but he ought to go about here.

18. Detroit Lions - Sam Montgomery* /DE/ LSU:
Another guy I'm not really sold on but it's hard to tell with all the talent on LSU. Certainly took a hit to his stock after A&M. NFL comp. Brandon Graham

19. Miami Dolphins (IND) – Cobi Hamilton /WR/ Arkansas:
Huge fan of Hamilton. NFL Comp. Stevie Johnson

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Dion Sims* /TE/ Michigan St:
Bear of a blocker with great hands as well.

21. Miami Dolphins- Jordan Poyer /CB/ Oregon St:
Dolphins are in need of a quality 3rd CB.

22. Seattle Seahawks - Alec Ogletree* /LB/ Georgia:
Carroll would not be able to resist if Ogletree was on the board. Fills the stat sheet on a talented Georgia D but is still pretty raw. NFL Comp. Kevin Burnett

23. San Francisco 49ers - Kenny Vaccaro /S/ Texas:
The tatted one has not had a steller season but is still a solid prospect and the Skins need help.

24. Baltimore Ravens – Alex Okafor /DE-OLB/ Texas:
Okafor is the best Texas defender imo.

25. New York Giants – Cornellius Carradine /DE/ Florida St:
Bigger motor than Werner. NFL Comp. Charles Johnson

26. Pittsburgh Steelers - Andre Ellington /RB/ Clemson:
Undersized speedster might end up a better pro runner once he adds strength. NFL Comp. Jamal Charles

27. New England Patriots - Kawann Short /DT/ Purdue:
BB likes his DTs. Not a big fan of Short but he could be another Kendall Reyes.

28. Green Bay Packers - Brennan Williams /OT/UNC:
Coming back from injury, if everything works out, could wind up a steal.

29. Denver Broncos - Baccari Rambo /S/ Georgia:
Off the radar a little because of the suspension but his stock could rise.

30. Atlanta Falcons - Arthur Brown /LB/ Kansas St:
Might be a first round pick if 43 LBs were valued higher.

31. Houston Texans –Sylvester Williams /NT/ UNC:
Haven't seen much of him but might make a NT in Phillip's scheme.

32. Chicago Bears - Sean Porter /LB/ Texas A&M:
Productive backer who'll probably move to a 43 scheme.

vidae
10-16-2012, 04:20 PM
Great first pick for KC but meh second round pick. If Albert walks in free agency OT will be a huge hole, so I'd take Matthews there instead.

T-RICH49
10-16-2012, 04:45 PM
Great first pick for KC but meh second round pick. If Albert walks in free agency OT will be a huge hole, so I'd take Matthews there instead.

is'nt that why we drafted Stephenson last year?.I'd go Eric Reid in the 2nd.Chiefs could desperately use depth in the secondary

DiG
10-16-2012, 04:47 PM
I'd be more than happy with McDonald in the 2nd round. Secondary is clearly a concern for the Skins.

Thecollegedropout
10-16-2012, 05:14 PM
I will absolutely riot if we take a RB in round 1 and it was not Lattimore. If we pick 8 and skip on Jarvis Jones I want people's heads to roll, regardless if its a new or old regime.

I don't think the Jets will pick 8th but there's no way they skip on Jones with such a need to get younger at OLB.

Jets took a DE in round 1 the past 2 drafts...why they will take another DE with a high pick I just do not get at all. Give them a RB here or a Safety please. I am fine with a WR even.

Brown Leader
10-16-2012, 07:58 PM
is'nt that why we drafted Stephenson last year?.I'd go Eric Reid in the 2nd.Chiefs could desperately use depth in the secondary

Kendrick Lewis will bounce back. :)

Hurricanes25
10-16-2012, 08:04 PM
I would cry if the Jets took Le'Veon Bell over Mingo or Jones in the 1st round.

Brown Leader
10-16-2012, 08:05 PM
I will absolutely riot if we take a RB in round 1 and it was not Lattimore. If we pick 8 and skip on Jarvis Jones I want people's heads to roll, regardless if its a new or old regime.

I don't think the Jets will pick 8th but there's no way they skip on Jones with such a need to get younger at OLB.

Jets took a DE in round 1 the past 2 drafts...why they will take another DE with a high pick I just do not get at all. Give them a RB here or a Safety please. I am fine with a WR even.
I would cry if the Jets took Le'Veon Bell over Mingo or Jones in the 1st round.

Firstly, I love Bell. Secondly, I really think Jones' stock will come down eventually. He has a non stop motor but gets engulfed too much for an elite prospect. I also question if he has the athleticism to play in space. Right now, I think he's kind of a low risk, low ceiling type. Mingo hasn't shown much. It's all there athletically but he's a risky choice for squad like the Jets that need instant impact guys.

Werner should be able to play OLB.

Hurricanes25
10-16-2012, 08:11 PM
I like Bell too but I don't like taking a Rb in the top 10 unless he's truly special, which I don't think Bell is. The Jets have been looking for that passrushing OLB and I think Mingo or Jones would give them it.

I do like Werner in the second round if you're insistent on the Jets taking Bell in the first.

Imo, with he way this mock falls, Mingo or Jones in the 1st and Eric Reid in the 2nd would be perfect.

D-Unit
10-16-2012, 08:36 PM
I like those picks for the Cowboys. But I got Jesse Williams in Round 3 of the forum mock we just had.

T-RICH49
10-16-2012, 09:02 PM
Kendrick Lewis will bounce back. :)

Kendrick Lewis's problem is he can't stay healthy.good player but zero durability

prock
10-16-2012, 09:22 PM
Awesome Vikings draft. Penetrating DT and a playmaker outside. Perfect.

RufusMcDaniel
10-16-2012, 10:02 PM
I don't mind Jarvis Jones, but please no Eddie Lacy. Nothing against him, but we have too many issues on defence to ignore especially with Eric Reid and TJ McDonald coming off the board right after.

Plus, our track record with second round RBs is awful.

tpkorhodes
10-16-2012, 10:05 PM
Great KC Draft. Honeybadger in the 2nd would improve our secondary and he is a turnover machine. McShay said he has the best defensive instincts since Ed Reed. YES PLEASE!

SilentJaguar
10-16-2012, 10:57 PM
Don't really like using a top 15 pick on a RT like what you have us doing here, especially with the top 3 corners still on the board and a couple of good pass-rushers left also. Absolutely love the Hopkins pick, though.

RaiderNation
10-16-2012, 11:52 PM
I love Star and his potential to change what this defense can do schematically, but passing on Barkley, Mingo and Jones will be a hard pill to swallow IMO. Star would be a good boost inside especially with Seymour and Kelly on the decline, he could allow us to play 3-4 more which I think fits our players better. But our biggest problem on defense has been the lack of a consistent pass rush from the outside. Mingo and his high motor would do wonders as a DE/OLB in a Von Miller type role in our defense.

Razor
10-17-2012, 12:36 AM
No Marquess Wilson? I'd take him over Short any day. Probably my number two receiver right now... Barrett Jones is a great pick.

SniperDosPuntoCero
10-17-2012, 10:47 AM
8. New York Jets - Le'Veon Bell* /RB/Michigan State:
Jets need a player to breathe life into their offense. Greene just had a career day but unless he sustains that kind of performance he probably won't be back. Bell is the kind of talent that could carry a team. If he had breakaway speed he'd be Jim Brown. Mingo would be tempting but he's a big risk.

Bell is averaging a mediocre 4.58 yards per carry and has averaged more than four yards per carry in exactly one Big 10 game. Other than run the ball a lot into a pile, what has he done to be a first-round pick, let alone a top-10 pick?

D.J. Fluker goes to Alabama, not Virginia.

Brown Leader
10-17-2012, 01:04 PM
Bell is averaging a mediocre 4.58 yards per carry and has averaged more than four yards per carry in exactly one Big 10 game. Other than run the ball a lot into a pile, what has he done to be a first-round pick, let alone a top-10 pick?

D.J. Fluker goes to Alabama, not Virginia.

It's a reach there but I do think he's a top 20 guy. He's a complete back. What stands out is the shiftiness and change of direction for a near 250lb RB. Good hands with experience running routes. Great blocker. Durability. Runs with good pad level for a tall back. The per carry is a little misleading - he doesn't get the greatest blocking with that line. But, the negative - yeah, he's slow. Doesn't have break away speed but that's always overrated in the pros - burst, shiftiness and power is much more important. Fits in perfectly for Ryan and he's an upgrade over Greene-same power but better shiftiness and hands. Thanks on DJ, that's a typo.

SuperPacker
10-17-2012, 01:06 PM
Joseph Randle is awesome, so as much as I don't agree with going RB in the first round, I couldn't complain with that pick. Skov is the opposite. Fits a need, but i'm not in love with him. Decent mock overall.

SniperDosPuntoCero
10-17-2012, 01:32 PM
The per carry is a little misleading - he doesn't get the greatest blocking with that line.

Is it so misleading that the guy with the Big 10's 15th-best ypc - nowhere near the top 100 in the country - is still a first-round pick? There are plenty of other teams that have below-average blocking whose backs do significantly better. 4.58 for a starting college running back is pretty bad, let alone for someone who would theoretically go in the top 10. I don't really think MSU's offense does him any favors because it's predictable and there's a bad QB there, but it's a results-based industry. Here are the running backs picked in the top 10 in the past five years and their ypc in their final year.

Trent Richardson (Third overall) 5.93
C.J. Spiller (Ninth overall) 5.61
Darren McFadden (Fourth overall) 5.63

That's it. Bottom line is that if you're going to be a top-10 pick in a league that's realizing you can find productive backs all over the place, you'd better be special. Bell is OK, but would you really say he compares to any of the three previously mentioned backs? If anything, being so big hurts Bell. I think he'd be a much better player - still not a first-round pick, but a top 50 guy - if he played at 230 pounds, not 250.

Fits in perfectly for Ryan and he's an upgrade over Greene-same power but better shiftiness and hands.

It's funny you mention that because I see them as similar players, except Greene was a more productive college back. He was picked in the early part of the third round. Now, college production doesn't equal where you'll be drafted, but still.

Also, this is just nitpicking, but if the Jets are picking at No. 8 (very possible in the long run), I'd be stunned to see them take a running back with all of the other issues that they have.

JaxJag_1
10-17-2012, 02:59 PM
You could make the case that Eugene Monroe is the best LT in football right now. We're not considering a LT.

Rosebud
10-17-2012, 06:56 PM
How many years a draft mockers going to predict a LB to the giants early before they just let go and realize we're only going to spend first round picks on DL, DBs, offensive playmakers and eventually a successor to eli. OL and LBs are what mid to late round project picks are for, barring the twice a decade second round OL. The second rounder fits the MO, although with Kiwi, Ojomo and Tracy the team may feel set even if they let both osi and Tuck go.

Brown Leader
10-18-2012, 12:01 AM
Is it so misleading that the guy with the Big 10's 15th-best ypc - nowhere near the top 100 in the country - is still a first-round pick? There are plenty of other teams that have below-average blocking whose backs do significantly better. 4.58 for a starting college running back is pretty bad, let alone for someone who would theoretically go in the top 10. I don't really think MSU's offense does him any favors because it's predictable and there's a bad QB there, but it's a results-based industry. Here are the running backs picked in the top 10 in the past five years and their ypc in their final year.

Trent Richardson (Third overall) 5.93
C.J. Spiller (Ninth overall) 5.61
Darren McFadden (Fourth overall) 5.63

That's it. Bottom line is that if you're going to be a top-10 pick in a league that's realizing you can find productive backs all over the place, you'd better be special. Bell is OK, but would you really say he compares to any of the three previously mentioned backs? If anything, being so big hurts Bell. I think he'd be a much better player - still not a first-round pick, but a top 50 guy - if he played at 230 pounds, not 250.

It's funny you mention that because I see them as similar players, except Greene was a more productive college back. He was picked in the early part of the third round. Now, college production doesn't equal where you'll be drafted, but still.

Also, this is just nitpicking, but if the Jets are picking at No. 8 (very possible in the long run), I'd be stunned to see them take a running back with all of the other issues that they have.

Ouch. That is a great case against him. He's averaged 5.2 and 5.7 in his previous seasons and 5.0 for his career. He's got 5-6 games left this season, so we'll see. I still see a 1st round guy but I can't deny your point, at all, that it looks unlikely. I'm with you on the need for him to shed some weight, although it doesn't seem to affect his stamina. Edited: For the Jets, Jarvis Jones & Werner now; A lot of holes to go back to back rushers but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility.

Brown Leader
10-18-2012, 12:18 AM
You could make the case that Eugene Monroe is the best LT in football right now. We're not considering a LT.

Wow. I was just thinking oline for the Jags but Oday could play either side or anywhere else really- and yes I recognize at #11 that's not the greatest value but it's early and was looking more at fit. Do you think a trade down and/or an OL in the 1st is foreseeable at all?

SilentJaguar
10-18-2012, 01:44 AM
If Gene Smith gets fired like every Jag fan thinks will happen, I'd definitely see a trade down possibly happening given where we're picking at and how the rest of the year has gone. This team needs a lot more talent after how badly Smith has screwed the pooch and picking up more picks to build better depth, so I think the new GM would look to the more problem areas(CB/DE/DT/LB/possibly C) early on and look at RT a bit later in the draft.

PeterMurray
10-18-2012, 11:41 AM
Aboushi is way too high.

SniperDosPuntoCero
10-18-2012, 11:41 AM
[QUOTE=Brown Leader;3154277]Ouch. That is a great case against him. He's averaged 5.2 and 5.7 in his previous seasons and 5.0 for his career. He's got 5-6 games left this season, so we'll see. I still see a 1st round guy but I can't deny your point, at all, that it looks unlikely. I'm with you on the need for him to shed some weight, although it doesn't seem to affect his stamina.[/quote[

I think he's good, but I don't know how well he's really adapted to being THE guy at MSU. And you're right, his stamina is fine, but I think he could make more of his blocking if he were 15-20 pounds lighter.

Forgot to mention this earlier, but I'd weep openly if Taylor Lewan were picked one selection before the Eagles.

Brown Leader
10-18-2012, 11:53 AM
Aboushi is way too high.

What would you say are his weak points? I've seen the guy crush almost everyone he's up against in the games I've seen.

Grizzlegom
10-18-2012, 11:57 AM
I love the Dion Jordan pick for Miami but I don't really like the first two picks. I don't consider TE to be a first round need and I think Reed is a major reach there. Only way I'd be okay with Thomas is if Incognito got cut after the season ended. The way Jerry is playing this year, there's no reason to draft a replacement for him.

If Miami leaves the first two rounds without a WR AGAIN, there could be a riot. The owner has made it very clear that finding a number 1 WR is his top priority, I'd be shocked if they didn't take someone in the first two rounds, even if they sign/trade for a veteran.