PDA

View Full Version : Justin Tucks value...

GiantRutgersFan
03-31-2007, 11:35 PM
What do you think that we could garner in a trade of Tuck?

I read that we are planning to use him as a situational DT, but the guy is a good player. Do you think that we will be able to trade Tuck for a solid DT to go with Robbins and Cofield?

I would make that move if I was Reese

hugegmenfan
03-31-2007, 11:44 PM
i do not want to trade justin tuck. I think he is a very good player and we saw that with our injuries last year having him opposite kiwanuka would have helped a lot. Hes an excellent backup, hes young and i do not thinkin getting a day 2 pick for him would be worth it at ALL

GiantRutgersFan
03-31-2007, 11:57 PM
i do not want to trade justin tuck. I think he is a very good player and we saw that with our injuries last year having him opposite kiwanuka would have helped a lot. Hes an excellent backup, hes young and i do not thinkin getting a day 2 pick for him would be worth it at ALL

uh i didnt say a day 2 pick.

I would like to trade him for a relatively young, yet solid DT.

A player around Tucks caliber.

Damix
04-01-2007, 12:25 AM
If we can get good value I'd trade him. Hes shown some flashes but was injured last year, and wasn't the whole reason he slid in the draft was he was injury prone?

Reese is really trying to get rid of injury prone guys. We'll still have our injuries because, hey, thats football, but Reese wants to play the odds when he rolls the dice.

Number 10
04-01-2007, 12:33 AM
Tuck is not tradeable at this point.

eacantdraft
04-01-2007, 07:44 AM
He has no trade value. And you aren't going to trade a DE for a more talented DT.

Take off the homer glasses.

scottyboy
04-01-2007, 09:23 AM
why would we trade tuck? if we learned anything this year, its that you need depth- granted he went down this year, but what wouldve happened if it wasnt him and it was kiwi? plus, we had willy joseph playing games at DE. that should never happen again

Go_Eli
04-01-2007, 09:55 AM
No trade value? I would disagree with that. Won't get a better DT with him, but he's tradable.

eacantdraft
04-01-2007, 06:03 PM
No trade value? I would disagree with that. Won't get a better DT with him, but he's tradable.

Players like Jason Truck are a dime a dozen. Any team can get them anywhere. Jason Tuck is not tradable and he is not going to be traded.

Go_Eli
04-01-2007, 07:08 PM
Players like Jason Truck are a dime a dozen. Any team can get them anywhere. Jason Tuck is not tradable and he is not going to be traded.

Jason Truck? Who is that? Jason Tuck? He's not a Giant.

And why isn't he tradable? Torn up knee Dante Culpepper got traded. TIM CARTER got traded and Tuck showed more in his rookie year than Carter has his entire career.

You're telling me a team like the Skins, who have no DE depth, wouldn't like a youngster like Justin Tuck?

Number 10
04-01-2007, 07:15 PM

And why isn't he tradable? Torn up knee Dante Culpepper got traded. TIM CARTER got traded and Tuck showed more in his rookie year than Carter has his entire career.

You're telling me a team like the Skins, who have no DE depth, wouldn't like a youngster like Justin Tuck?

He was injury prone when he entered the NFL and he just got screws taken out of his foot. Nobody will trade for him until he gets on the field.

eacantdraft
04-02-2007, 11:19 AM

The Redskins are not going to make a trade with a division rival.

And what do you think Justin Trunk will fetch?

Go_Eli
04-02-2007, 06:33 PM
The Redskins are not going to make a trade with a division rival.

And what do you think Justin Trunk will fetch?

I know, but there's NO other team in the NFL that could use the DE depth?

I don't know, a day 2 pick? Adam Archuletta and his huge contract (even though he restructured as part of the deal), got what, a 6th round pick? Yeah, Lovie Smith loves him and can use him properly, but I'm sure there's some coach in the NFL that would love to have Tuck?

And can you get his name right? And you call yourself a Giant fan.

eacantdraft
04-03-2007, 09:09 AM
I know, but there's NO other team in the NFL that could use the DE depth?

I don't know, a day 2 pick? Adam Archuletta and his huge contract (even though he restructured as part of the deal), got what, a 6th round pick? Yeah, Lovie Smith loves him and can use him properly, but I'm sure there's some coach in the NFL that would love to have Tuck?

And can you get his name right? And you call yourself a Giant fan.

I'm a realistic Giants fan. Of coarse there coaches who like defensive ends, but not for unproven ones when this draft is deep in them and there are always ones available on the waiver wire. And I sure you think you can fetch more than a 6th round draft pick for Tuck.

Homers always overrate the abilities of the players on their teams and think the league will pay a premium price for them.

Go_Eli
04-03-2007, 12:04 PM
I'm a realistic Giants fan. Of coarse there coaches who like defensive ends, but not for unproven ones when this draft is deep in them and there are always ones available on the waiver wire. And I sure you think you can fetch more than a 6th round draft pick for Tuck.

Homers always overrate the abilities of the players on their teams and think the league will pay a premium price for them.

Did you watch Tuck's rookie season?! He showed a lot of potential.

Again, if a guy like AA, who everyone knows and probably won't improve, can get a 6th, Tuck can't?

eacantdraft
04-03-2007, 04:08 PM
Did you watch Tuck's rookie season?! He showed a lot of potential.

Again, if a guy like AA, who everyone knows and probably won't improve, can get a 6th, Tuck can't?

The guy has one career sack. What do you think you can get for him?

Go_Eli
04-03-2007, 04:14 PM
The guy has one career sack. What do you think you can get for him?

A 5th or lower.

eacantdraft
04-04-2007, 07:50 AM
A 5th or lower.

If Jason Tucker is so good, then why would you trade him for a lower draft pick than what you orgininally got for him?

And few 5th rounders make teams, why get such a measley pick?

Go_Eli
04-04-2007, 11:23 AM
If Jason Tucker is so good, then why would you trade him for a lower draft pick than what you orgininally got for him?

And few 5th rounders make teams, why get such a measley pick?

I wouldn't trade him period.

And Jason Tucker? JEEZ. Can you get his name right? Get out of this forum.

eacantdraft
04-04-2007, 12:12 PM
I wouldn't trade him period.

And Jason Tucker? JEEZ. Can you get his name right? Get out of this forum.

Then why are you so enamoured at getting him traded?

Jason Tractor is not going anywhere. He is a backup, nothing more.

Go_Eli
04-04-2007, 12:48 PM
Then why are you so enamoured at getting him traded?

Jason Tractor is not going anywhere. He is a backup, nothing more.

I'm not. When did I ever say I wanted to see him traded? Show me. I simply stated the Giants would be able to get something for him.

And again, it's JUSTIN TUCK.

You sir, are a moron.

Number 10
04-04-2007, 01:01 PM
I'm not. When did I ever say I wanted to see him traded? Show me. I simply stated the Giants would be able to get something for him.

You sir, are a moron.

Stop with this stupid argument, acting like 2 year olds. Did you honestly not realize that he is purposefully getting his name wrong?

ricky bobby
04-04-2007, 03:22 PM

You sir, are a moron.

Lmao. Everybody is getting cranky. The draft couldn't get here soon enough.

Go_Eli
04-15-2008, 09:48 AM
Pump for the great comments on this thread.

jimv667
04-19-2008, 08:45 AM
This thread is classic. I knew Tuck would be good, but I had no idea he would be the monster he was last season. He showed a lot on special teams his rookie season and did well in his replacement role at DE. I have to admit I didn't like the idea of him playing DT at first because that responsibility is completely different than DE, but he filled in well. I think strahan's got 2 healthy years left in him as long as he has the heart to play, and Kiwi is going to be much better at SAM than last year (although it's not saying much). I'm excited to see all 4 on the field again with more experience in their roles next year, I don't think there's much you can do to block all of them.

BaLLiN
04-19-2008, 01:41 PM
If you watch all of our plays, when he is in, that D-Line gets a great deal of more pressure. I really think I'd start him, and then work strahan in.

Jakey
04-19-2008, 01:45 PM
Haha...man some people need to eat some crow right about now! :p