PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee Brewers Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

princefielder28
06-04-2008, 08:52 AM
If Ned puts Gagne back in the closer roll there are not words to describe how pissed off I will be. I hope he just stays on the DL the rest of the year.

I think Gagne will replace Mark DiFelice on the roster when activated and have a similar role to what Mark does right now. Torres has fit in too well as a closer to be removed.

princefielder28
06-04-2008, 02:47 PM
Laying down the smack again today!

Boston
06-04-2008, 02:52 PM
I hope Ned is able to see that Kapler > Cameron....

princefielder28
06-04-2008, 07:14 PM
I hope Ned is able to see that Kapler > Cameron....

Kapler's bat is too good right now to keep out of the lineup and his defense at the moment is also just as good as Cameron's so there's no reason for him to sit

Jensen
06-04-2008, 08:51 PM
Good job kicking our asses.

princefielder28
06-04-2008, 08:53 PM
Good job kicking our asses.

tell Justin Upton to quit giving a half assed effort and the left side of the infield to play some solid defense and you guys come out with at the very least one win

saintsfan912
06-04-2008, 08:56 PM
From the looks of the stats, Ben Sheets is back to his old self. We don't catch many games down here in Louisiana so how does he look?

GB12
06-04-2008, 09:11 PM
Sheets has been great this season. Should be making back to back All Star appearences.

Boston
06-04-2008, 11:54 PM
On the other hand, the Brewers have also won four of their past seven road games, and are coming off an 8-1 homestand.

"There's no momentum," manager Ned Yost said. "We need to go on the road because that's where we're headed, but to think that we have any momentum [is wrong]. It all boils down to starting pitching."

Honestly, does Ned try to sound stupid?

Geo
06-05-2008, 12:13 AM
The Brew Crew bats are getting good, I would think that's an important factor in winning a game, just maybe. I hate Yost. :p

Besides, it's pretty much a given that the Brewers will pitch worse on the road than at home.

princefielder28
06-05-2008, 08:34 AM
Honestly, does Ned try to sound stupid?

If you watch the entire interview you see where he's coming from and it stems from what he said earlier in the interview.

princefielder28
06-05-2008, 02:48 PM
BREWERS DRAFT

C Brett Lawrie : A Canadian prospect who is a jack of all trades. The Brewers are going to try him as a catcher initially, but he has the ability to play second or third base and he could also be an outfielder. ESPN compares him to Craig Biggio and one scout compares him to Larry Walker type player. If he ends up like either one of them then it'll be a successful '08 draft.

RHP Jacob Odorizzi :

LHP Evan Frederickson :

RHP Seth Lintz :

CF Cutter Dykstra :

RHP Thomas Adams :

EvilMonkey
06-05-2008, 09:41 PM
more I read on this Lawrie kid, the more i like him. Couple articles on him and the other picks here...
http://blogs.jsonline.com/brewers/archive/2008/06/05/brewers-knew-lawrie-better-than-anybody.aspx

I like the sound of most of these guys. We needed a future catcher and needed to get some more young arms and we accomplished that.

Info from the same article, some of these high school pitchers just have insane stats.
Odorizzi, 18, is a superb athlete who has a football scholarship at Louisville as a wide receiver. He was 11-0 with a 0.00 ERA at Highland (Ill.) High School, with only 18 hits allowed and five walks in 69 innings, and 116 strikeouts.

The 6-2 Lintz was 9-0 with a 0.85 ERA in 11 starts for Marshall County High School in Lewisburg, Tenn., with a whopping 143 strikeouts in 66 innings.

GB12
06-05-2008, 09:46 PM
We actually have some good catching prospects in our system already in Angel Salome and Jonathan Lucroy. Between the three of them one should make it as our future starter.

Kampman for President
06-05-2008, 09:58 PM
We actually have some good catching prospects in our system already in Angel Salome and Jonathan Lucroy. Between the three of them one should make it as our future starter.

But you figure this kid just turned 18. He likely won't arrive in the majors for another 3-4 years - if at all given the propensity of draft picks actually making it.

He might change positions too if we settle our catching position for the immediate future. I like that he's been swinging wood bats for the past 4 years too. That alone could push him through the minors quickly.

Looked like we wanted to restock our pitching in the farm systems. Rickie's brother also went 12th overall. Too bad he didn't sign with us last year as an 8th round pick ;)

Boston
06-05-2008, 11:50 PM
more I read on this Lawrie kid, the more i like him. Couple articles on him and the other picks here...
http://blogs.jsonline.com/brewers/archive/2008/06/05/brewers-knew-lawrie-better-than-anybody.aspx

I like the sound of most of these guys. We needed a future catcher and needed to get some more young arms and we accomplished that.

Info from the same article, some of these high school pitchers just have insane stats.

Boy. Anybody know what they throw?

Edit...

Jake Odorizzi (http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/events/draft_report/y2008/index.jsp?mc=odorizzi)

Sounds like he could grow into a very good pitcher in the minors.

He combines the best command in the high school ranks with a fastball that can touch the mid-90’s and two good breaking balls. Also a very good athlete and top shortstop, Odorizzi has very clean mechanics.

Some random draft website that had him going at 21.

A huge lefthander with an above-average arm, Frederickson is capable of pumping his fastball at a steady 92-94 mph and complementing it with an off-speed pitch in the low to mid-80s. But Frederickson will go only as far as his control takes him and his inability to throw a ball over the plate consistently has been a significant issue to this point in his college career. He went just 1-3, 12.96 this summer with 16 walks (and also 16 strikeouts) in eight innings of work, a carryover from two undistinguished college seasons at Virginia Tech, where he was a collective 2-4, 5.48 with 78 walks and 68 strikeouts in 57 innings. Frederickson has elected to transfer to San Francisco for his junior year—the same school as summer teammate Brian Anderson (No. 4 on this list).

Lintz totaled a 1.33 earned run average while earning first-team All-State honors...Is still growing as a youngster, having sprouted a few inches after graduation...His fastball is in the low-90s and also totes a power slider to his advantage...Uses a delivery that makes it difficult for hitters to see the ball...However, command issues have been an area of concern for this youngster...A definite starter at the big league level.

Seth Lintz is a 2008 RHP/SS/OF with a 6'1'', 174 lb. frame from Lewisburg, TN who attends Marshall County HS. Lean athletic build, room to fill out, live loose arm action, tons of life to fastball, athletic delivery, curveball has good depth and deception, great bite and velocity on curveball, good feel for change-up, good idea of how to pitch, very good student, highest-level prospect with big upside

Cutter Dykstra (http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/events/draft_report/y2008/index.jsp?mc=dykstra)

Maverick Lasker (http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/events/draft_report/y2008/index.jsp?mc=lasker)

A second-team All-Big West outfielder following an outstanding sophomore campaign at Cal Poly, hitting .335 with eight doubles, four triples, four home runs and 34 RBIs ... played in 50 games with 43 starts in the outfield ... missed Fresno State series with groin pull ... lifted average 30 points after going 9-for-14 in UC Davis series with six RBIs ... went 7-for-14 in UNLV series with two doubles and a pair of RBIs, raising average 71 points ... 6-for-12 in Cal State Northridge series and 5-for-12 in UC Irvine series ... home runs were against Cal State Northridge on April 7, UC Irvine on April 15 and UCSB on May 25 and 27 ... 3-for-8 in Loyola Marymount series and 4-for-8 in UC Santa Barbara series ... went 5-for-5 against UC Davis on May 11 and also had four three-hit games and 14 two-hit games ... 10-game hitting streak snapped April 22 by UC Riverside ... played for the Anchorage Bucs last summer and led team to WASABI Tournament title in San Luis Obispo as he went 14-for-28 with three doubles, two triples and four stolen bases ... hit .290 for the Bucs in the regular season with five doubles, two triples, a pair of home runs and 15 RBIs ... 4-for-7 in stolen bases.

princefielder28
06-06-2008, 08:00 PM
Tonight's game concerns me a bit. I know we have Ben Sheets going, and he's probably going to do very well against a weak Rockies' lineup, but I am afraid the offense may struggle tonight. Ubalo Jimenez is a young pitcher with very good stuff, but has been inconsistent. The Brewers have been historically a team who struggles against those talented pitchers who have been struggling themselves. I hope I am wrong, but I think we could see quite the pitchers dual tonight.

Gabe Kapler is starting tonight.....thank god!

princefielder28
06-06-2008, 08:22 PM
What a suprise! Gabe Kapler drives in a run....i like the aggression on the bases early too

Kampman for President
06-06-2008, 09:02 PM
Tonight's game concerns me a bit. I know we have Ben Sheets going, and he's probably going to do very well against a weak Rockies' lineup, but I am afraid the offense may struggle tonight. Ubalo Jimenez is a young pitcher with very good stuff, but has been inconsistent. The Brewers have been historically a team who struggles against those talented pitchers who have been struggling themselves. I hope I am wrong, but I think we could see quite the pitchers dual tonight.

Too much free swinging already. Braun is swinging for the fences again. Fielder is getting himself in a hole early. These 2 need to be more patient instead of always swinging for power.

princefielder28
06-06-2008, 09:10 PM
Branyan and Hardy go back-to-back!

GB12
06-06-2008, 09:23 PM
Yes, next step is he has to start giving Kendall more days off. Sure Kendall can catch 140 and it's been said that he wants to, but he shouldn't be. He's 34 years old and his offensive production would be boosted from what it has dropped to. In the beginning of the year he was fresh and was dialed in at the plate. Now I'm not saying he's going to be hitting .500+ like he was or even .300, but he would benefit from some rest. Add to the fact that Mike Rivera has been getting the job done when called on I don't see why he wouldn't get more days off.

saintsfan912
06-06-2008, 09:41 PM
So can anybody update me on the score and how Sheets and Weeks look?

GB12
06-06-2008, 09:50 PM
3-1, Sheets has been amazing like he has all year just got taken out for a pinch hitter but unless our bullpen blows it he'll get his 7th win, Weeks is 1-2 with a walk.

And anyone else just lose the picture?

Kampman for President
06-06-2008, 09:56 PM
3-1, Sheets has been amazing like he has all year just got taken out for a pinch hitter but unless our bullpen blows it he'll get his 7th win, Weeks is 1-2 with a walk.

Yeah, FSN's camera crew has been terrible this year. Poor shots, wrong camera's on plays, ect...

jackalope
06-06-2008, 09:57 PM

Yeah, I did.

GB12
06-06-2008, 10:01 PM
10 minutes to get the picture back. What the hell

Kampman for President
06-06-2008, 10:03 PM
10 minutes to get the picture back. What the hell

It was worth watching CV dominate. This kid is electric out of the pen.

GB12
06-06-2008, 10:06 PM
I'm a huge fan of Villanueva. He's got some great stuff when he's on, too bad he's not working out a starter, but if he can stay consistent he'll be a big help in the pen.

Kampman for President
06-06-2008, 10:18 PM
******* Mota....

GB12
06-06-2008, 10:21 PM
God damn it. Sheets keeps getting screwed out of wins.

Kampman for President
06-06-2008, 10:22 PM
God ******* dammit, get him the **** outta there Ned!!

GB12
06-06-2008, 10:26 PM
Jesus Christ. This is ridiulous.

Villy should have been left in he was doing great. The reasoning that was given made some sense, but with our bullpen it was a bad move. When we get someone pitching well stick with him because there are so many guys that could blow it at any time.

saintsfan912
06-06-2008, 10:29 PM
So I guess the pen blew it for Sheets?

Kampman for President
06-06-2008, 10:33 PM
Jesus Christ. This is ridiulous.

Villy should have been left in he was doing great. The reasoning that was given made some sense, but with our bullpen it was a bad move. When we get someone pitching well stick with him because there are so many guys that could blow it at any time.

Hell, should of kept Sheets in for another inning. He was only at 100 pitches. CV should have gone another inning. Mota is streaky. Sometimes he can get it done but most of the time he's been struggling to get outs. Yost left him in too long and blew a good chance to keep their 6 game win steak alive...

Kampman for President
06-06-2008, 10:40 PM
I want to slap those annoying little kids. :D

GB12
06-06-2008, 10:41 PM
Hell, should of kept Sheets in for another inning. He was only at 100 pitches. CV should have gone another inning. Mota is streaky. Sometimes he can get it done but most of the time he's been struggling to get outs. Yost left him in too long and blew a good chance to keep their 6 game win steak alive...
Nah, I think he made the right decision on Sheets. He could have gone another, but there was no reason for him to. He gave us a good number of innings, was already at 100 pitches and we had a nice lead. We don't have to take him to his limit every game. And if you're not going to let him finish after going 8 2/3 because you're concered about his pitch count you don't push him in that situation. Villy should have definitely gotten another. I thought he was put in to finish out the game which would have been a great move.

Boston
06-06-2008, 10:41 PM
God ******* damnit Mota.

saintsfan912
06-06-2008, 10:42 PM
I love how yall keep changing the name of this thread, its pretty funny.

M.O.T.H.
06-06-2008, 10:44 PM
Oh this isn't a Braves thread? My mistake.

PACKmanN
06-06-2008, 10:53 PM
Oh this isn't a Braves thread? My mistake.

I'm sorry I must of mistaken you, I thought you meant Blue Jays and their 50 million guy...

Kampman for President
06-06-2008, 11:16 PM
Nah, I think he made the right decision on Sheets. He could have gone another, but there was no reason for him to. He gave us a good number of innings, was already at 100 pitches and we had a nice lead. We don't have to take him to his limit every game. And if you're not going to let him finish after going 8 2/3 because you're concered about his pitch count you don't push him in that situation. Villy should have definitely gotten another. I thought he was put in to finish out the game which would have been a great move.

No reason? We lost didn't we?

Boston
06-07-2008, 02:04 AM
"It turned around fast, but they were at the part of their lineup, with the top [part of] their order coming up, that it would be the place if they could do it," Brewers manager Ned Yost said. "And they did it."

When in doubt, let Ned spell it out...

princefielder28
06-07-2008, 01:11 PM
Last night was a learning experience and the data taken from it shows that Mota's duties need to be of less importance and he needs to take a backseat to those who are getting it done out of the pen, Villanueva, Dillard, and Torres. Mota has struggled recently with his command and he walks far too many batters to be asked to be the setup man right now.

KCJ58
06-07-2008, 01:58 PM
I'm so glad the Dodgers don't have Mota or Gange anymore

Boston
06-07-2008, 06:15 PM
Why does Ned insist on playing Cameron when Kapler has been red hot.

ATLDirtyBirds
06-07-2008, 06:18 PM
I'm so glad the Dodgers don't have Mota or Gange anymore

Mota was so terrible for the Mets. Does he still insist on throwing his change-up every pitch?

Kampman for President
06-07-2008, 06:43 PM
Why does Ned insist on playing Cameron when Kapler has been red hot.

There was an article a few days ago about how Ned said that Cameron was a streaky hitter. When he's on he's on but when he cools off he said that he'd bench him for a few days.

Interesting though, Counsell is leading off today. Remember when Weeks was injured and Hart took over the leadoff spot? I'd rather see him there when Weeks is out of the lineup.

princefielder28
06-07-2008, 06:59 PM
There was an article a few days ago about how Ned said that Cameron was a streaky hitter. When he's on he's on but when he cools off he said that he'd bench him for a few days.

Interesting though, Counsell is leading off today. Remember when Weeks was injured and Hart took over the leadoff spot? I'd rather see him there when Weeks is out of the lineup.

The beauty of Hart is he knows how to cleanup if Braun or Fielder don't drive runners in. If Hart isn't in the five spot then who do you have???

Boston
06-07-2008, 07:30 PM
Why the **** does **** like this happen on the road? It's ******* ridiculous.

rumfinator
06-07-2008, 07:40 PM
Bush even ****'s use when he is at bat.

The dude must work for the Cubs...

Kampman for President
06-07-2008, 07:46 PM
The beauty of Hart is he knows how to cleanup if Braun or Fielder don't drive runners in. If Hart isn't in the five spot then who do you have???

He was driving in runs too from the leadoff spot last year though. Its not like we don't have anyone that can drive in runs. I'd like to see a lineup simular to last year.

Weeks
Hardy
Braun
Fielder
Hart
Cameron
Hall/Branyan
Kendall
Pitcher

I forgot to add this in my reply to Boston too, Cameron is a gold glover in CF. He may be streaky but he's been very good with the leather this year. Kapler has been good in the OF as well but IMO Cameron has better range and he's been a full time player for several years.

rumfinator
06-07-2008, 07:53 PM
He was driving in runs too from the leadoff spot last year though. Its not like we don't have anyone that can drive in runs. I'd like to see a lineup simular to last year.

Weeks
Hardy
Braun
Fielder
Hart
Cameron
Hall/Branyan
Kendall
Pitcher

I like the lineup much better than the one we have now. This would make pitchers pitch better to Hardy so they dont have to face Braun and Fielder in the same inning. (I know he gets better pitches now because the pitcher is out of the eighth spot).

The only thing I would change is putting Cameron in the 7th spot. I fell Branyan or Hall are better at driving in runs than Cameron.

Kampman for President
06-07-2008, 08:20 PM
I like the lineup much better than the one we have now. This would make pitchers pitch better to Hardy so they dont have to face Braun and Fielder in the same inning. (I know he gets better pitches now because the pitcher is out of the eighth spot).

The only thing I would change is putting Cameron in the 7th spot. I fell Branyan or Hall are better at driving in runs than Cameron.

I left Cameron there because he tends to see alot of pitches. That would let Hart have more chances to steal bases.

Right now Weeks, Cameron, Braun, and Fielder are striking out too much. Hardy generally takes the first pitch and get pitches that he can hit being in the 2 hole. But what do I know.

princefielder28
06-08-2008, 01:51 PM
Joe Dillon and Gabe Kapler will top the lineup today against Jeff Francis. Bill Hall needs to give some sort of production today and if he doesn't then maybe an assignment could be in his future.

GB12
06-08-2008, 02:04 PM
Dillion leading off. What the hell

princefielder28
06-08-2008, 02:23 PM
Bill Hall, with his RBI in the first, has only five runs driven since the start of May....ouch!

Kampman for President
06-08-2008, 02:30 PM
Joe Dillon and Gabe Kapler will top the lineup today against Jeff Francis. Bill Hall needs to give some sort of production today and if he doesn't then maybe an assignment could be in his future.

I'm pretty sure that he can't be DFA'd. If we did that it would be because we cut him - which isn't going to happen.

GB12
06-08-2008, 02:40 PM
Dillion leading off. What the hell
Well it looks like I was wrong.

princefielder28
06-08-2008, 02:49 PM
I'm pretty sure that he can't be DFA'd. If we did that it would be because we cut him - which isn't going to happen.

Bill Hall can accept an assignment, be traded within 10 days, or ask for a release if the Brewers ever decided to go that route.

Kampman for President
06-08-2008, 02:56 PM
Bill Hall can accept an assignment, be traded within 10 days, or ask for a release if the Brewers ever decided to go that route.

He isn't going to accept an assignment. He wants to play everyday, not everyday in the minors.

Suppan doesn't have it today. This is going to be another disapointing game for the Crew...

princefielder28
06-08-2008, 03:08 PM
He isn't going to accept an assignment. He wants to play everyday, not everyday in the minors.

Suppan doesn't have it today. This is going to be another disapointing game for the Crew...

There are very few, if any, teams in the Majors that would take on Bill Hall as someone who they see starting everyday. He would be a bench player everywhere he goes, and the chance of him making on a winning organizations' roster is probably slim too. He could put his ego aside and go down and fix his game and then return. It did wonders when the Crew sent down Rickie Weeks and a humbling experience like that could be just what the doctor ordered

Kampman for President
06-08-2008, 03:41 PM
There are very few, if any, teams in the Majors that would take on Bill Hall as someone who they see starting everyday. He would be a bench player everywhere he goes, and the chance of him making on a winning organizations' roster is probably slim too. He could put his ego aside and go down and fix his game and then return. It did wonders when the Crew sent down Rickie Weeks and a humbling experience like that could be just what the doctor ordered

I disagree with that. Weeks didn't sign a multi-million dollar extention either. Not too mention he had an option left so he didn't have a choice. I can guarantee that another team would pick up Hall in a heartbeat.

This is why Hall will not be DFA'd:
If a player has 5 years of major-league service, he may not be assigned to a minor-league team without his consent, regardless of whether he has already been outrighted once, even if he clears waivers. If the player withholds consent, the team must either release him or keep him on the major league roster. In either case, the player must continue to be paid under the terms of his contract. If he is released and signs with a new team, his previous team must pay the difference in salary between the two contracts if the previous contract called for a greater salary.

Kampman for President
06-08-2008, 03:52 PM

Weeks
Hardy
Braun
Fielder
Hart
Cameron
Hall/Branyan
Kendall
Pitcher

I forgot to add this in my reply to Boston too, Cameron is a gold glover in CF. He may be streaky but he's been very good with the leather this year. Kapler has been good in the OF as well but IMO Cameron has better range and he's been a full time player for several years.

Yost reads my posts. :D

http://blogs.jsonline.com/brewers/archive/2008/06/08/yost-might-remove-cameron-from-second-spot.aspx

princefielder28
06-08-2008, 05:17 PM
I disagree with that. Weeks didn't sign a multi-million dollar extention either. Not too mention he had an option left so he didn't have a choice. I can guarantee that another team would pick up Hall in a heartbeat.

This is why Hall will not be DFA'd:

Thank you for re-stating what I said about Bill Hall's options, and I am well aware of the contracts differences of Weeks and Hall. The main point I was trying to make is that when you are a player with the talent of Hall or Weeks but you are struggling and not playing everyday it may be most beneficial to go down to the minors and get a chance to play everyday and figure out what is going wrong. I know to be a player of that caliber that it would be tough for the ego and image to do so, but the odds of helping yourself and the team long term are much greater than if you sit on the bench, get one start a week, and continue to struggle.

Torres is money!

Kampman for President
06-08-2008, 05:34 PM
Thank you for re-stating what I said about Bill Hall's options, and I am well aware of the contracts differences of Weeks and Hall. The main point I was trying to make is that when you are a player with the talent of Hall or Weeks but you are struggling and not playing everyday it may be most beneficial to go down to the minors and get a chance to play everyday and figure out what is going wrong. I know to be a player of that caliber that it would be tough for the ego and image to do so, but the odds of helping yourself and the team long term are much greater than if you sit on the bench, get one start a week, and continue to struggle.

Torres is money!

You stated a different portion of it, I stated the part where Hall declines assignment because thats what would happen.

It might be beneficial but in Hall's case he won't accept assignment. Weeks wasn't happy being sent down either but he didn't have a choice, Hall does.

princefielder28
06-08-2008, 05:45 PM
I'm bored.......

Brewers' Top 10 Prospects

1. OF Matt LaPorta
2. RHP Jeremy Jeffress
3. 3B Mat Gamel
4. C Brett Lawrie
5. SS Alcides Escobar
6. OF Michael Brantley
7. LHP Zach Braddock
8. C Angel Salome
9. LHP Steve Hammond
10. OF Cole Gillespie

Kampman for President
06-08-2008, 08:12 PM
I'm bored.......

Brewers' Top 10 Prospects

1. OF Matt LaPorta
2. RHP Jeremy Jeffress
3. 3B Mat Gamel
4. C Brett Lawrie
5. SS Alcides Escobar
6. OF Michael Brantley
7. LHP Zach Braddock
8. C Angel Salome
9. LHP Steve Hammond
10. OF Cole Gillespie[/QUOTE]

Here's mine:

1a. OF Matt LaPorta - Cooled off a bit lately but he's still showing power and the ability to drive in runs. Looking good in RF so far.
1b. 3B Mat Gamel - Fearsome hitter who can hit for average and power. He was close to being called up to DH in interleague play. Might see him real soon in the upcoming interleague series against the Twins.
3. RHP Jeremy Jeffress - Still strking guys out at a phenominal rate. Hopefully he can mature and move quickly through the system.
4. C Angel Salome - Hitting, hitting, and hitting. He hasn't missed a beat since his suspension. Another guy who can hopefully mature and get to the bigs quickly.
5. SS Alcides Escobar - Showing some power and extra base hits.
6. C Brett Lawrie - Our top pick this year who's been swinging wood bats for years now. Hopefully he can stay at catcher and become one of the elites at the position.
7. 3B Taylor Green - RBI machine who's starting to show some power. Helps that he's also a lefty.
8. C Jonathan Lucroy - Hitting for average, showing some power, and driving in runs.
9. SS Brent Brewer - Great athlete, great speed, needs to work on his hitting but he has leadoff potential.
10. OF Cole Gillespie - Good hitter with good speed, not alot of power but he could be a descent reserve.

rumfinator
06-09-2008, 10:28 AM
I would definitely think Luis Pena is one of our most underrated prospects. He struggles at the beginning of the year but has really settled down as the Closer at AAA. If we continue to stay in the hunt this year for a wild card spot, there is no way he is brought up.

But if we start to struggle again and fall farther behind in the division, Luis could see a call up and become our closer toward the end of the year.

princefielder28
06-09-2008, 04:57 PM
I would definitely think Luis Pena is one of our most underrated prospects. He struggles at the beginning of the year but has really settled down as the Closer at AAA. If we continue to stay in the hunt this year for a wild card spot, there is no way he is brought up.

But if we start to struggle again and fall farther behind in the division, Luis could see a call up and become our closer toward the end of the year.

We've solidfied the closer's role and I believe Villanueva will become the setup man within time so Pena, if called up, would be just for major league experience in September

Addition : Pena walks too many batters to be in a significant role

Kampman for President
06-09-2008, 05:05 PM
Weeks to the DL.

princefielder28
06-09-2008, 06:50 PM
Weeks to the DL.

good to see Hernan Iribarren get another chance in the majors

Kampman for President
06-09-2008, 07:57 PM
good to see Hernan Iribarren get another chance in the majors

I'd imagine him only being pinch runner until Weeks returns. Counsell and Dillion are going to get the majority of ABs. Kind wished we tried something different, like say bring up Mat Gamel. That would give us another good lefty besides Prince.

princefielder28
06-09-2008, 08:10 PM
I'd imagine him only being pinch runner until Weeks returns. Counsell and Dillion are going to get the majority of ABs. Kind wished we tried something different, like say bring up Mat Gamel. That would give us another good lefty besides Prince.

Mat Gamel is a liability defensively at the major league level, and I don't think the Brewers want to use up an option on him when he'd only be up in the majors for under two weeks and probably wouldn't be getting the chance to play everyday like he is in Huntsville.. If Counsell and Dillon struggle at any point I would not be suprised to see Hernan getting a chance to prove himself. He played 2B all the way up to this year and then was moved to the outfield so he the experience.

Kampman for President
06-09-2008, 09:18 PM
Mat Gamel is a liability defensively at the major league level, and I don't think the Brewers want to use up an option on him when he'd only be up in the majors for under two weeks and probably wouldn't be getting the chance to play everyday like he is in Huntsville.. If Counsell and Dillon struggle at any point I would not be suprised to see Hernan getting a chance to prove himself. He played 2B all the way up to this year and then was moved to the outfield so he the experience.

I know he's a bad defender, but his bat is where his asset is. Especially considering we have an interleague matchup with the Twins after this Houston series. Gamel could have been the DH - which the Brewers highly considered doing with him at Boston. Aside from that all any callup would do for us is be a pitch hitter or pinch runner. At this point I'd take a hitter, Gamel, over a runner, Iribarren.

GB12
06-10-2008, 04:55 PM
New lineup tonight

RF Corey Hart
SS JJ Hardy
LF Ryan Braun
1B Prince Fielder
3B Russell Branyan
CF Mike Cameron
2B Bill Hall
C Jason Kendall
P Seth McClung

princefielder28
06-10-2008, 05:04 PM
New lineup tonight

RF Corey Hart
SS JJ Hardy
LF Ryan Braun
1B Prince Fielder
3B Russell Branyan
CF Mike Cameron
2B Bill Hall
C Jason Kendall
P Seth McClung

heard this on my way home from work and I like it because it presents alot of chances for the team to score runs, but tonight it also presents a chance for Roy Oswalt to strikeout many batters. I think JJ benefits the most from the change and I think Mike Cameron will be able to produce better from the 6 hole

GB12
06-10-2008, 07:26 PM
Why the hell did we hit Tejada. If you're going to hit someone don't make it the guy infront of Lance Berkman.

princefielder28
06-10-2008, 07:53 PM
Ryan Braun hits his 17th HR!

Boston
06-10-2008, 08:05 PM
Don't **** with Ryan Braun.

princefielder28
06-11-2008, 09:23 PM
hopefully the cew can hold onto this one

Kampman for President
06-11-2008, 10:01 PM
hopefully the cew can hold onto this one

Thankfully for the long ball!

Ah, and what did I say about Corey Hart as the leadoff man!

Pacific
06-11-2008, 10:32 PM
Great win to get. I also just saw that Soriano for the Cubs broke his hand.

princefielder28
06-12-2008, 06:17 PM
Great win to get. I also just saw that Soriano for the Cubs broke his hand.

It was break for the Brewers too :) Happy to go 3-3 on the road trip considering how ugly it looked at times. Time to take down the Twins!

Kampman for President
06-12-2008, 06:55 PM
I know he's a bad defender, but his bat is where his asset is. Especially considering we have an interleague matchup with the Twins after this Houston series. Gamel could have been the DH - which the Brewers highly considered doing with him at Boston. Aside from that all any callup would do for us is be a pitch hitter or pinch runner. At this point I'd take a hitter, Gamel, over a runner, Iribarren.

Ah, I was wrong. Its a home series so there will be no DH.

Kampman for President
06-13-2008, 05:53 PM
Tonight's lineup:

RF Corey Hart
SS Craig Counsell
LF Ryan Braun
1B Prince Fielder
3B Russell Branyan
CF Mike Cameron
2B Bill Hall
C Jason Kendall
P Dave Bush

I don't like Counsell in the 2 hole. Nice to have a lefty there but he's either hot or cold and he's not a base stealing threat.

GB12
06-13-2008, 06:03 PM
Tonight's lineup:

I don't like Counsell in the 2 hole. Nice to have a lefty there but he's either hot or cold and he's not a base stealing threat.
The alternative would be Bill Hall...

Kampman for President
06-13-2008, 06:36 PM
The alternative would be Bill Hall...

Nah, Mike Cameron.

GB12
06-13-2008, 06:41 PM
Nah, Mike Cameron.
Cameron is set in the 6 spot.

Kampman for President
06-13-2008, 06:43 PM
Cameron is set in the 6 spot.

lol, how is it set? The lineup was just shooken up. Cameron batted in the 2 hole for much of the season.

GB12
06-13-2008, 06:44 PM
lol, how is it set? The lineup was just shooken up. Cameron batted in the 2 hole for much of the season.
The change was to get Mike Cameron out of the two and put him in the 6 where he has said he is most comfortable.

Kampman for President
06-13-2008, 06:47 PM
The change was to get Mike Cameron out of the two and put him in the 6 where he has said he is most comfortable.

Link it. We changed the lineup because we weren't getting the production from the top of the order. They were striking out at a phemonial rate. Then add in the Weeks injury so Corey Hart was the best leadoff option and we needed someone to take his place in the heart of the order, i.e. Cameron.

princefielder28
06-13-2008, 09:19 PM
Bill Hall is just awful and i like the Miller Park crowd's acknowledgment of that

roidrunner
06-13-2008, 10:48 PM
wow it looks like we got smoked tonight.

Kampman for President
06-14-2008, 09:39 PM
This is one disapointing season.... :(

princefielder28
06-14-2008, 10:08 PM
This is one disapointing season.... :(

bullpen got a face lift and now it looks so ugly

Kampman for President
06-14-2008, 10:34 PM
bullpen got a face lift and now it looks so ugly

Yeah we definetly need to make some upgrades there.

Eric Gagne, Mark DiFelice, and Guillermo Mota can go.

We need a starting pitcher to step up as well. Losing Gallarado really hurt because its highly likely Sheets is gone after the season. Suppan, Bush, and McClung are either hot or cold. Villy is great out of the pen but struggled as a SP. We also don't really have anyone close to being ready in the farm system either.

This is just frustrating because of the imense talent at most of the positions...

Pacific
06-14-2008, 11:08 PM
This is just frustrating because of the imense talent at most of the positions...

I'm starting to wonder about just how much talent we actually have right now. Braun and Fielder are definitely stars and Hart is very close but other than that our "immense talent" is non-existent.
Weeks and Hardy show flashes but they play poorly and strike out badly more often than not.
The Cameron signing has been a failure so far and it doesn't look promising for the future. Gwynn should be playing in center right now.
Kendall is solid.
-Hall is losing more and more ground in my mind. We've moved him around so much that he can't play any one position very well. Also, someone needs to tell him he doesn't have to hit a HR every at-bat. Bottom line: I think we are a mediocre team that over-achieved last season.

Kampman for President
06-15-2008, 10:43 AM
I'm starting to wonder about just how much talent we actually have right now. Braun and Fielder are definitely stars and Hart is very close but other than that our "immense talent" is non-existent.
Weeks and Hardy show flashes but they play poorly and strike out badly more often than not.
The Cameron signing has been a failure so far and it doesn't look promising for the future. Gwynn should be playing in center right now.
Kendall is solid.
-Hall is losing more and more ground in my mind. We've moved him around so much that he can't play any one position very well. Also, someone needs to tell him he doesn't have to hit a HR every at-bat. Bottom line: I think we are a mediocre team that over-achieved last season.

Braun and Fielder are great, Hart is really good, Hardy can be good but he needs to the #2 hitter, Weeks sucks, Cameron has been descent, Gywnn is a AAA player and I don't see him as a regular in the majors, Hall has been descent at times. But then you add in Gallardo and Parra and this team does have some imense talent.

Overacheived last year? I don't think so. They beat up on a weak 1st half schedule and were still in it at the end of the 2nd half. This year we aren't nearly getting the production that we got from some key guys, i.e. Fielder and Hardy.

Obviously you can't field a team of All Stars being in Milwaukee so it takes role players to win games. So far the pitching is losing games.

rumfinator
06-15-2008, 11:53 AM
Braun and Fielder are great, Hart is really good, Hardy can be good but he needs to the #2 hitter, Weeks sucks, Cameron has been descent, Gywnn is a AAA player and I don't see him as a regular in the majors, Hall has been descent at times. But then you add in Gallardo and Parra and this team does have some imense talent.

Overacheived last year? I don't think so. They beat up on a weak 1st half schedule and were still in it at the end of the 2nd half. This year we aren't nearly getting the production that we got from some key guys, i.e. Fielder and Hardy.

Obviously you can't field a team of All Stars being in Milwaukee so it takes role players to win games. So far the pitching is losing games.

I believe this team has a very large amount of talent. I even think Rickie Weeks is alright, but he can not be in the lead off spot anymore. I believe he would be better in the 6 or 7 hole.

Kampman for President
06-15-2008, 12:08 PM
I believe this team has a very large amount of talent. I even think Rickie Weeks is alright, but he can not be in the lead off spot anymore. I believe he would be better in the 6 or 7 hole.

Same here. His speed is a big asset but he's not a good leadoff hitter. Moving him down could bring up his power and RBI numbers.

princefielder28
06-15-2008, 12:53 PM
Hernan Iribarren is getting the start at 2B today

princefielder28
06-15-2008, 01:25 PM
Branyan continues to produce!

Geo
06-15-2008, 01:33 PM
I've been seeing him put up good numbers in the last few weeks, checking up on the Brew Crew, and keep wondering who this cat is. He's coming in like a misspelled Brauny. :p

Boston
06-15-2008, 02:03 PM
Can Ned go now Dougy? Please. This team has been treading water for the last year, and we're starting to get tired. Even if it's not Ned's fault, it's time for a change.

princefielder28
06-15-2008, 03:25 PM
Mota just showed what happens when you get first pitch strikes and keep the ball down in the zone....3 Ks

GB12
06-15-2008, 03:27 PM
Mota just showed what happens when you get first pitch strikes and keep the ball down in the zone....3 Ks
I know he pitched very well, but I hope he's not going back out.

princefielder28
06-15-2008, 03:28 PM
I know he pitched very well, but I hope he's not going back out.

I would throw Dillard if I was Yost

Kampman for President
06-15-2008, 03:46 PM
Can Ned go now Dougy? Please. This team has been treading water for the last year, and we're starting to get tired. Even if it's not Ned's fault, it's time for a change.

No offense, but who would replace him and what makes you think they could improve the team?

Yost knows the players the best and its the players that are underperforming. You can only do so much with poor pitching and streaky hitting.

princefielder28
06-15-2008, 04:55 PM
happy to get the win today and hopefully get this homestand headed in the right direction.

princefielder28
06-17-2008, 10:27 AM
Brewers vs Blue Jays Pitching Matchups

Today : Dustin McGowan vs Manny Parra
Wednesday : Shaun Marcum vs Ben Sheets
Thursday : AJ Burnett vs Dave Bush

Wednesday's game should be a good one

princefielder28
06-17-2008, 10:32 AM
All-Star Balloting

1. Alfonso Soriano
2. Kosuke Fukudome
3. Ken Griffey Jr.
4. Ryan Braun

With Soriano's injury Braun could be an All-Star starter!

note : Bill Hall is 4th for 3rd basemen....HAHA!!!!

GB12
06-17-2008, 01:25 PM
All-Star Balloting

1. Alfonso Soriano
2. Kosuke Fukudome
3. Ken Griffey Jr.
4. Ryan Braun

With Soriano's injury Braun could be an All-Star starter!

note : Bill Hall is 4th for 3rd basemen....HAHA!!!!
Fukudome 2nd is a joke. He's having a nice year, but no way an allstar season for an outfielder. Hitting .293 with 5 HRs and 29 RBI shouldn't cut it. Obviously he'll get in since he's Japanese and a Cub, but it won't be deserved. Soriano should be out because of the injury, but Braun was having a better year anyway. Griffey is completely undeserving, he's hitting .245 for christ sake. I like Griffey and hitting 600 HRs is a great accomplishment, but shouldn't get him in the allstar game with the season he's having.

Ryan Ludwick, Ryan Braun, and Xavier Nady would be my choices for starters. Pat Burrell, Nate McClouth, Carlos Lee, and Aaron Rowand would be the reserves.

Pacific
06-17-2008, 03:39 PM
Fukudome 2nd is a joke. He's having a nice year, but no way an allstar season for an outfielder. Hitting .293 with 5 HRs and 29 RBI shouldn't cut it. Obviously he'll get in since he's Japanese and a Cub, but it won't be deserved. Soriano should be out because of the injury, but Braun was having a better year anyway. Griffey is completely undeserving, he's hitting .245 for christ sake. I like Griffey and hitting 600 HRs is a great accomplishment, but shouldn't get him in the allstar game with the season he's having.

Ryan Ludwick, Ryan Braun, and Xavier Nady would be my choices for starters. Pat Burrell, Nate McClouth, Carlos Lee, and Aaron Rowand would be the reserves.

I agree with everything you said and this is why I don't think there should be fan voting. Griffey and Soriano will always get votes no matter how they've performed because they're fan favorites. Meanwhile, nobody has seen the Brauns or Nadys of the world. I hate this flawed system, thankfully Braun will get in though.

GB12
06-17-2008, 07:09 PM
I hope we hear some "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" cheers when Lyle is at the plate.

GB12
06-17-2008, 07:15 PM
Counsell batting leadoff? Seriously Ned?

princefielder28
06-17-2008, 07:41 PM
Prince with #12!

Kampman for President
06-17-2008, 08:10 PM
Prince with #12!

Hopefully he can start getting hot. We need him to start driving in some runs.

Kampman for President
06-17-2008, 08:16 PM
Are you ******* kidding me!!!! RUSSELL THE MUSCLE!!!!

princefielder28
06-17-2008, 08:21 PM
Are you ******* kidding me!!!! RUSSELL THE MUSCLE!!!!

He has been just terrific!

Im_a_Romosexual
06-17-2008, 08:46 PM
nice location by the pitcher facing Braun, lol.

Branyan has impressed me a ton.His last go around for the Brewers he was terrible (IMO), but he has seemingly cut down on the K's and has been crushing the ball.

Kampman for President
06-17-2008, 08:50 PM
Damn Braun is a stud.

princefielder28
06-17-2008, 09:30 PM
Long balls were out in full force tonight

GB12
06-18-2008, 03:10 PM
Prince is in a little trouble with the IRS http://blogs.jsonline.com/brewers/archive/2008/06/18/fielder-owes-irs-409-149.aspx

princefielder28
06-18-2008, 07:42 PM
Russell does it again!

princefielder28
06-18-2008, 08:24 PM
nice baserunning by hart and cameron.....3-1

Kampman for President
06-18-2008, 09:25 PM
**** show some disipline Braun/Fielder...

2 men on, 0 outs, both strike out...

Kampman for President
06-18-2008, 09:27 PM

Thankfully for Corey Hart!!

GB12
06-18-2008, 09:27 PM

It's ok, that's what Corey Hart is for.

saintsfan912
06-18-2008, 09:35 PM
How does Sheets look tonite?

GB12
06-18-2008, 09:37 PM
Not as good as usual, but 2 earned runs in 6 innings is still pretty damn good.

princefielder28
06-18-2008, 09:37 PM

he struggled a bit with his command but was able to fight through it and is in line for the win

Pacific
06-18-2008, 09:39 PM
Mota's at it again!!!

saintsfan912
06-18-2008, 09:40 PM
Good deal. Hopefully the damn bullpen can do something.

GB12
06-18-2008, 09:40 PM
he struggled a bit with his command but was able to fight through it and is in line for the win
Until our bullpen blows it

Boston
06-18-2008, 10:15 PM
I can't even explain how much I love Branyan right now. It seems as though every time he swings the bat, he hits the ball 400+ feet.

Mr.Regular
06-18-2008, 11:11 PM
My God the Jays suck.

princefielder28
06-19-2008, 08:39 AM
I can't even explain how much I love Branyan right now. It seems as though every time he swings the bat, he hits the ball 400+ feet.

it's exciting everytime he steps up to the plate because there's always a chance he hits the ball a mile

princefielder28
06-19-2008, 08:50 AM
David Riske returns from the DL today so the bullpen is getting damn close to healthy. The Crew also go for the sweep and have Dave Bush on the mound against AJ Burnett. I'm not overly optimistic about today, but thankfully the four runs scored by the Jays yesterday could be considered an offensive outburst for them.

princefielder28
06-19-2008, 10:34 AM
What do you guys think about adding a SP like Miguel Batista??? Yeah, I know he's struggled this year, but it was back in 2003 to 2005 with the D'Backs that he had very good success as a starting pitcher and has never really faired well in the AL. I think he'd be an upgrade over Bush and at the very least is a better option out of the pen than Tavarez.

Note ; The reason I bring this up is because the Mariners seem to be going in a new direction and many of their players will be available for trade.

princefielder28
06-19-2008, 01:42 PM
So far so good....scoring 3 times with 2 outs in the first two innings

princefielder28
06-19-2008, 02:05 PM
Russell does it again! 10 HRs!

princefielder28
06-19-2008, 02:29 PM
Brewers kicking ass....8-0

Geo
06-19-2008, 02:54 PM
Ugh, why must my beloved Jays offense be so abysmal. Dave Bush, yes Dave Bush, has a perfect game so far (at least last I checked). What a sorry state of affairs, Gibbons and JP need to get fired.

Well if the Jays had to be embarrassingly bad, at least it's against the Brewers who I like.

Geo
06-19-2008, 02:56 PM
Russell does it again! 10 HRs!
I've waited long enough imo, I think I need to add him to my fantasy team. He's raking.

Pacific
06-19-2008, 03:20 PM
What do you guys think about adding a SP like Miguel Batista??? Yeah, I know he's struggled this year, but it was back in 2003 to 2005 with the D'Backs that he had very good success as a starting pitcher and has never really faired well in the AL. I think he'd be an upgrade over Bush and at the very least is a better option out of the pen than Tavarez.

Note ; The reason I bring this up is because the Mariners seem to be going in a new direction and many of their players will be available for trade.

Batista seems like the type of player that Melvin might go after at the deadline and I would be happy if we made that type of a move but I hope it doesn't involve too many prospects. I'm a little gunshy about our farm system after the Linebrink trade last year.

Also, Tavarez was DFA'd today.

princefielder28
06-19-2008, 03:21 PM
Ugh, why must my beloved Jays offense be so abysmal. Dave Bush, yes Dave Bush, has a perfect game so far (at least last I checked). What a sorry state of affairs, Gibbons and JP need to get fired.

Well if the Jays had to be embarrassingly bad, at least it's against the Brewers who I like.

Thing I don't get with the Jays is like for game one Alex Rios batted leadoff; he was struggling big time this year and is certainly not someone you can rely on, at this point in time, to get on base.

GB12
06-19-2008, 04:35 PM
Damn, I forgot it was a day game today. How did something so good almost turn into the biggest choke job we've seen from the Brewers? Perfect game taken to the 5th, no hitter to the 8th, and we blow up for 6 runs in the 9th? What the hell is that about.

Geo
06-19-2008, 04:37 PM
Gagne will get the job done, pls blv. :D

Kampman for President
06-19-2008, 06:13 PM
Damn, I forgot it was a day game today. How did something so good almost turn into the biggest choke job we've seen from the Brewers? Perfect game taken to the 5th, no hitter to the 8th, and we blow up for 6 runs in the 9th? What the hell is that about.

Welcome back David Riske.

Boston
06-19-2008, 07:30 PM
It seems as if Dillard has started to pull a Mitch Stetter as of late...

princefielder28
06-20-2008, 08:38 PM
This is a shootout so far....6-5 orioles after 3

PackerLegend
06-20-2008, 09:13 PM
5-7 in the 4th and we almost had a 3 run shot that fell just short. Sucks we could have been back up.

Boston
06-20-2008, 10:39 PM
That's why you don't play every day Billy. You ******* suck.

Kampman for President
06-20-2008, 11:15 PM
That's why you don't play every day Billy. You ******* suck.

He sits all game and gets 1 AB, how exactally is he supposed to get up to game speed that quickly? Russell will cool off eventually and the fans will be clamering for someone else.

How about the other guys who couldn't get it done in the last 3 innings with men of base? How about a horrible pitching start by Suppan? But nope, apparently Billy Hall and only Billy Hall lost us the game... :rolleyes:

princefielder28
06-21-2008, 12:29 PM
I'm going to the game tonight.....get to see a great pitching matchup between McClung and Cabrera

Boston
06-21-2008, 01:52 PM
He sits all game and gets 1 AB, how exactally is he supposed to get up to game speed that quickly? Russell will cool off eventually and the fans will be clamering for someone else.

How about the other guys who couldn't get it done in the last 3 innings with men of base? How about a horrible pitching start by Suppan? But nope, apparently Billy Hall and only Billy Hall lost us the game... :rolleyes:

Even when he's starting against lefties, he's been ineffective. He's been hitting .115 (3-26) since the day he bitched about not playing consistently. That's pretty bad. But then, when you take into account the fact that he's been playing against primarily lefties, who he had been hitting .360 something against, that's really bad.

rumfinator
06-21-2008, 03:32 PM

I dont blame Billy Hall for coming in and striking out. I blame Ned Yost for going against the hot bat that is Russell Branyan. I understand that is Bill Halls strong suit (Lefties), but the I think most people feel for comfortable with Russell in there right now.

I also agree that Russell will probably cool off, but I think he can hit around .270-.280 with all the adjustments he has made.

Kampman for President
06-21-2008, 04:09 PM
Even when he's starting against lefties, he's been ineffective. He's been hitting .115 (3-26) since the day he bitched about not playing consistently. That's pretty bad. But then, when you take into account the fact that he's been playing against primarily lefties, who he had been hitting .360 something against, that's really bad.

His agent said that he felt it would be best to trade him to a different team so that he could play every day. I don't interrept that as "bitching," more as a guy who's not wanting to settle on a utility role. Just shows how much he wants it.

Yes he's struggled but to single him out in a loss is pretty pathetic IMO.

GB12
06-21-2008, 04:56 PM
His agent said that he felt it would be best to trade him to a different team so that he could play every day. I don't interrept that as "bitching," more as a guy who's not wanting to settle on a utility role. Just shows how much he wants it.

Yes he's struggled but to single him out in a loss is pretty pathetic IMO.
I'm one of the ones that stuck with Billy for a long time thinking he'd come around and start hitting again. I didn't want to trade him last year or in the offseason. Now, I do think it'd be better for both sides to part ways. We can't afford to put him in the lineup when we are trying to make up ground in the playoff chase and he's not producing at all at the plate. He's not going to help us by playing, and he's not going to get out of this "slump" (If you can call it a slump, it's been a year and a half) by sitting on the bench. Add that Russell Branyan has been our most productive hitter since being called up and his 3rd base defense is much better than Hall's, makes it much harder to get him in the lineup even if he wasn't this bad. The problem is that we can't trade him because no one wants him right now. Obviously if we don't like his production teams aren't lining up to get him. The biggest problem is his salary though. If he had a reasonable contract we could find something, but the extention we gave him makes it really difficult. I hope for his sake he finds a new team, because eventhough he's not producing it's not fair to him. He has been a team player and if you watch him in the dugout during games and he still always has a smile on his face and is having fun rooting on his teammates. We also kind of screwed him over with all the position players.

Kampman for President
06-21-2008, 05:32 PM
I'm one of the ones that stuck with Billy for a long time thinking he'd come around and start hitting again. I didn't want to trade him last year or in the offseason. Now, I do think it'd be better for both sides to part ways. We can't afford to put him in the lineup when we are trying to make up ground in the playoff chase and he's not producing at all at the plate. He's not going to help us by playing, and he's not going to get out of this "slump" (If you can call it a slump, it's been a year and a half) by sitting on the bench. Add that Russell Branyan has been our most productive hitter since being called up and his 3rd base defense is much better than Hall's, makes it much harder to get him in the lineup even if he wasn't this bad. The problem is that we can't trade him because no one wants him right now. Obviously if we don't like his production teams aren't lining up to get him. The biggest problem is his salary though. If he had a reasonable contract we could find something, but the extention we gave him makes it really difficult. I hope for his sake he finds a new team, because eventhough he's not producing it's not fair to him. He has been a team player and if you watch him in the dugout during games and he still always has a smile on his face and is having fun rooting on his teammates. We also kind of screwed him over with all the position players.

All I was pointing out was that Hall wasn't the reason we lost last night. I agree with most of what you said though.

GB12
06-21-2008, 05:35 PM
Yeah, wasn't really a direct response to your post, that's just what I quoted.

Kampman for President
06-21-2008, 06:46 PM
McClung looking pretty good so far. Hopefully we can score some runs and get him the W.

Kampman for President
06-21-2008, 07:00 PM
Thanks Corey!

Kampman for President
06-21-2008, 08:06 PM
A Billy Hall sighting. ;)

Boston
06-21-2008, 09:31 PM
I'm starting to really like McClung. If only we had Gallardo right now... Imagine a rotation of Sheets, Parra, McClung, Gallardo, and Suppan. That would take us places.

Kampman for President
06-21-2008, 10:43 PM
Weeks activated; Iribarren down

http://blogs.jsonline.com/brewers/archive/2008/06/21/weeks-activated-iribarren-down.aspx

EvilMonkey
06-22-2008, 11:04 AM
Weeks activated; Iribarren down

http://blogs.jsonline.com/brewers/archive/2008/06/21/weeks-activated-iribarren-down.aspx

and Weeks is gonna be batting leadoff today. Not really a fan of that move, would rather keep Hart in the leadoff spot.

Kampman for President
06-22-2008, 12:27 PM
and Weeks is gonna be batting leadoff today. Not really a fan of that move, would rather keep Hart in the leadoff spot.

Same here, but Hart has been batting between Prince and Branyan the last few games and has been driving in runs. I guess they like really like Weeks speed because that's all he's really been brining this year.

Kampman for President
06-22-2008, 01:37 PM
Damn, not looking good so far. Parra doesn't have the command, the defense has been shaky, and the Yost already got into it with the homeplate umpire. :D

princefielder28
06-22-2008, 01:50 PM
Damn, not looking good so far. Parra doesn't have the command, the defense has been shaky, and the Yost already got into it with the homeplate umpire. :D

Corey Hart saves the day so far

Kampman for President
06-22-2008, 02:04 PM
Corey Hart saves the day so far

Thankfully! That helped to save the pen for the next series.

princefielder28
06-22-2008, 02:06 PM
Thankfully! That helped to save the pen for the next series.

Hopefully Manny can give ned two more solid innings...hand it over to Carlos for two, and then the back end guys can close it out

princefielder28
06-22-2008, 02:31 PM
Bill Hall hits his first homer in quite some time....Brewers tied at 3

Kampman for President
06-22-2008, 02:52 PM
Prince with his 15th!

princefielder28
06-22-2008, 02:55 PM
Prince with his 15th!

He's starting to heat up with the longball just like the rest of the squad

Kampman for President
06-22-2008, 02:58 PM
He's starting to heat up with the longball just like the rest of the squad

lol, he's a pretty good guitar player too!

Kampman for President
06-22-2008, 03:00 PM
Bases juiced for Weeks.

Kampman for President
06-22-2008, 03:24 PM
What a play by Weeks to preserve the lead! His defense has had a complete turn around since his 1st came onto the scense for the Crew.

Kampman for President
06-22-2008, 03:38 PM
Prince with his 15th!

Check that, 16th of the year!

princefielder28
06-22-2008, 04:21 PM
Check that, 16th of the year!

Brewers flash the leather and go with the long ball 4 times....6-3 homestand and now a ten game roadtrip

trkaline
06-22-2008, 04:23 PM
Lucky.....

Kampman for President
06-22-2008, 04:26 PM
Brewers flash the leather and go with the long ball 4 times....6-3 homestand and now a ten game roadtrip

5 double plays too. That's what won us the game today and kept the pen intact. Great win to take the series 2-1.

princefielder28
06-22-2008, 04:28 PM
5 double plays too. That's what won us the game today and kept the pen intact. Great win to take the series 2-1.

Brewers go 5-4 against arguably the best division, AL East, top to bottom in baseball. Their interleague record is 6-6 when you factor in the Twins series and I take that as a positive thing once this team gets to the playoffs and even when they reach the pinnacle of a World Series

Boston
06-22-2008, 04:46 PM
Lucky.....

Whatever gets the job done...

Kampman for President
06-23-2008, 07:50 PM
Welcome back Weeks. 3 hits so far on the night and he just added a stolen base.

princefielder28
06-23-2008, 07:51 PM
Welcome back Weeks. 3 hits so far on the night and he just added a stolen base.

If he can continuely do that this offense could do incredible things

princefielder28
06-23-2008, 08:02 PM
Ben Sheets continues is god like abilities this season

Kampman for President
06-23-2008, 08:04 PM
Ben Sheets continues is god like abilities this season

Too bad its in a contract year and likely his last in a Brewers uniform.

Pacific
06-23-2008, 10:04 PM
Too bad its in a contract year and likely his last in a Brewers uniform.

Yeah, I was thinking about that today. What do you think he'll end up getting? With the Carlos Silva's of the world getting $48 mil, I'm guessing Benny gets somewhere around a 5yr/$80 mil. That could be a little high considering his injury history though.

GB12
06-23-2008, 10:06 PM
Yeah, I was thinking about that today. What do you think he'll end up getting? With the Carlos Silva's of the world getting $48 mil, I'm guessing Benny gets somewhere around a 5yr/$80 mil. That could be a little high considering his injury history though.
That's not high, Sheets is getting over $100 million.

Pacific
06-23-2008, 10:09 PM
That's not high, Sheets is getting over $100 million.

That's what I thought originally too but I just find it hard to justify giving him that with all the injuries he's had. I guess there will be a GM out there that will do it though.

princefielder28
06-24-2008, 08:52 PM
Torres almost let this one slip away, but in the end the brewers win.....good start to the roadtrip

Kampman for President
06-24-2008, 08:55 PM

Same here. His injuries are concerning but I think he'll get a 5 or 6 year deal between $60-80 million.

PackerLegend
06-24-2008, 08:56 PM
Almost but he got the job done. Cubs are losing 1-7 in the 6th hopefully it stays that way and we can close in on them more.

princefielder28
06-24-2008, 08:58 PM
Almost but he got the job done. Cubs are losing 1-7 in the 6th hopefully it stays that way and we can close in on them more.

It would be huge for the Crew to make up ground while the Cubs are home and they are on the road

GB12
06-24-2008, 09:12 PM
Same here. His injuries are concerning but I think he'll get a 5 or 6 year deal between $60-80 million.
That's too low, I'd be surprised if it averages out to be less than $16 million a year, probably even higher.

Kampman for President
06-24-2008, 10:12 PM
That's too low, I'd be surprised if it averages out to be less than $16 million a year, probably even higher.

I don't think so, like I said his injuries are concerning. Who's going to pay $16 million a year for a guy who's good for a minimum DL stint?

Pacific
06-24-2008, 10:17 PM
I don't think so, like I said his injuries are concerning. Who's going to pay $16 million a year for a guy who's good for a minimum DL stint?

Well, the Mets seem willing to pay anybody anything. I'm sure they would love to replace Pedro in the #2 spot in the rotation and Benny could be a great fit. I sure hope he doesn't end up in New York though (Mets or Yankees).

badgerbacker
06-24-2008, 11:26 PM
I don't think so, like I said his injuries are concerning. Who's going to pay $16 million a year for a guy who's good for a minimum DL stint?Teams have a pretty short memory. If he can continue to stay relatively healthy this year he is going to be receiving monster money.

yodabear
06-25-2008, 12:18 AM

Ummm, u guys kinda have to pass the Cards first, but overlooking us, every1 else is, and we're loving it, thanks for being a typical Brewer fan......

Boston
06-25-2008, 01:03 AM
Ummm, u guys kinda have to pass the Cards first, but overlooking us, every1 else is, and we're loving it, thanks for being a typical Brewer fan......

You guys still have a team down there in St. Louis?

yodabear
06-25-2008, 01:51 AM
You guys still have a team down there in St. Louis?

Yeah, I know, ESPN only talks about the Cubs, so unless u look in newspapers, u would hardly know this.

princefielder28
06-25-2008, 08:31 AM
I like this idea : http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080624&content_id=2993951&vkey=news_mil&fext=.jsp&c_id=mil

princefielder28
06-25-2008, 12:58 PM
Brewers get out to another early lead today...playing small ball

Kampman for President
06-25-2008, 05:02 PM
Teams have a pretty short memory. If he can continue to stay relatively healthy this year he is going to be receiving monster money.

Zito is enough warning to any team. No way he touches $100 million.

Kampman for President
06-25-2008, 05:03 PM
Well, the Mets seem willing to pay anybody anything. I'm sure they would love to replace Pedro in the #2 spot in the rotation and Benny could be a great fit. I sure hope he doesn't end up in New York though (Mets or Yankees).

And their manager got fired and their GM is rumored to be near being fired as well. Teams are starting to value their farm system after seeing the success of teams like the Brewers, Angels, A's, and Twins.

Pacific
06-25-2008, 06:57 PM
And their manager got fired and their GM is rumored to be near being fired as well. Teams are starting to value their farm system after seeing the success of teams like the Brewers, Angels, A's, and Twins.

Big market teams like the Mets can spend big money while still valuing their farm system unlike us. I'm sure they'll focus on the farm system but even if Minaya gets canned I don't think they'll suddenly be on a tight budget.

Kampman for President
06-25-2008, 08:59 PM
Big market teams like the Mets can spend big money while still valuing their farm system unlike us. I'm sure they'll focus on the farm system but even if Minaya gets canned I don't think they'll suddenly be on a tight budget.

I disagree. They're seeing now that the farm prospects that they gave up for Santana are actually playing pretty well while Santana hasn't exactally been Cy Young for them. The Mets already have the 2nd highest payroll and would they really sign another pitcher @ $100 million? Highly, highly unlikely.

princefielder28
06-25-2008, 10:03 PM
I disagree. They're seeing now that the farm prospects that they gave up for Santana are actually playing pretty well while Santana hasn't exactally been Cy Young for them. The Mets already have the 2nd highest payroll and would they really sign another pitcher @ $100 million? Highly, highly unlikely.

I think the Phillies are a team to look out for. They've been searching for a top of the rotation righty for quite some time and big ben could be that guy. Hamels and Sheets at the top of the rotation would be scary

princefielder28
06-26-2008, 04:12 PM
With the Cardinals loss today the Brewers have moved within a game of the wild card spot in the NL

Kampman for President
06-26-2008, 04:55 PM
I think the Phillies are a team to look out for. They've been searching for a top of the rotation righty for quite some time and big ben could be that guy. Hamels and Sheets at the top of the rotation would be scary

They also need to re-sign Pat Burrell and Brad Lidge. Can they squeeze in an injury proned starting pitcher as well?

Kampman for President
06-26-2008, 06:13 PM
Brewers prospects Matt LaPorta and Mat Gamel have been named to the U.S. team for the All-Star Futures Game at Yankee Stadium on Sunday, July 13.

LaPorta, an outfielder selected in the first round of the 2007 draft, and Gamel, a third baseman, both play for Class AA Huntsville. The Futures Game is an annual showcase of the top prospects throughout the minor leagues, with players divided among the U.S. Team and the World Team (foreign-born players).

In 76 games with the Stars, Gamel is batting .373 with 15 homers and 67 RBI. He has 25 doubles, a .434 on-base percentage and a .630 slugging percentage.

LaPorta has played in 74 games and is batting.292 with 19 home runs and 59 RBI, with a .404 on-base percentage and .596 slugging percentage.

http://blogs.jsonline.com/brewers/archive/2008/06/26/laporta-gamel-named-to-futures-squad.aspx

Can't wait to actually watch the All Star game now!

Pacific
06-26-2008, 06:24 PM
They also need to re-sign Pat Burrell and Brad Lidge. Can they squeeze in an injury proned starting pitcher as well?

So who do you think will sign him? You make it sound like its unthinkable for any team to go after him this winter because of his previous injuries.

Kampman for President
06-26-2008, 06:41 PM
So who do you think will sign him? You make it sound like its unthinkable for any team to go after him this winter because of his previous injuries.

No, just the teams that you guys are naming don't make alot of sense IMO. I can see a team like the Rangers, Yankees, Nationals, and Braves being really interested in him.

I'm also not saying that his injuries will scare teams off, just that his injury history will keep him from getting a $100 million contract.

Boston
06-26-2008, 10:31 PM
Well, apparently Gagne blows in AAA as well...

princefielder28
06-26-2008, 10:33 PM
Well, apparently Gagne blows in AAA as well...

he's no use to us....just drop the dead weight

Kampman for President
06-26-2008, 10:42 PM

Right on. Admit the mistake and release him. Either way we are out $10 so why even bother wasting a roster spot on him? Give it to someone that actually deserves it. I just hope his return doesn't sour the bullpen that's been outstanding in his absense.

Kampman for President
06-27-2008, 08:52 PM
Way to keep McClung in WAY too long Ned....

ImBrotherCain
06-27-2008, 08:56 PM
Im a big Red Sox fan but i love Ryan Brawn... Hes gonna be a phenomenal player

Kampman for President
06-27-2008, 09:07 PM
Im a big Red Sox fan but i love Ryan Brawn... Hes gonna be a phenomenal player

He just needs to become a more selective hitter to be one of the elite hitters in the game IMO. He can drive the ball to any area on the field and his defense has been outstanding so far in LF.

Boston
06-27-2008, 10:07 PM
Yeah, let's throw Mota out there, he's been lights out lately...

princefielder28
06-27-2008, 10:33 PM
i didn't get to see the game tonight because of work, but I can't say I suprised that Mota blew it

PackerLegend
06-27-2008, 10:52 PM
Both the Cubs and Cards lost so we could have moved a game closer... Instead we just blow the game.

yodabear
06-28-2008, 03:14 PM

We'll trade ya the hurt Izzy and the crappy Villone for Gagne.

princefielder28
06-28-2008, 11:19 PM
Solid win tonight for the Crew....five runs early with a steady outing by Parra

Boston
06-28-2008, 11:28 PM
Getting a sweep tomorrow with Sheets on the mound would be big. Taking two out of three against the red-hot Twins on the road would be a big confidence booster...not that we need one at the moment.

Pacific
06-29-2008, 01:29 AM
Getting a sweep tomorrow with Sheets on the mound would be big. Taking two out of three against the red-hot Twins on the road would be a big confidence booster...not that we need one at the moment.

Ummm, we played well in game 1 but we did lose it. Probably a tired mistake :D

princefielder28
06-29-2008, 08:47 AM
I was looking through the minor leagues this morning and came across the stats for Brevard County. I was suprised to see that CF Darren Ford has 40 stolen bases already this season. When rosters expand in September he could get the call up just for his ability to steal bases and make a big impact for the squad.

Kampman for President
06-29-2008, 12:54 PM
I was looking through the minor leagues this morning and came across the stats for Brevard County. I was suprised to see that CF Darren Ford has 40 stolen bases already this season. When rosters expand in September he could get the call up just for his ability to steal bases and make a big impact for the squad.

Gotta love how strong our farm system still is despite losing players like Weeks, Hardy, Fielder, Hart, and Braun - just to name a few.

princefielder28
06-29-2008, 11:24 PM
With the loss today the Crew moves to 3-3 on the current roadtrip....very important to win two games in Arizona, leave with a .500 roadtrip, and finish off strong at home heading into the Break

Kampman for President
06-30-2008, 08:48 PM
Nice start so far. Hardy and Price each with an RBI. 2-0 Brewers in the 1st.

Kampman for President
06-30-2008, 08:55 PM
Figures, a leadoff triple for the Dbacks... :mad:

Kampman for President
06-30-2008, 10:06 PM
Consistantly inconsistant...

rumfinator
06-30-2008, 10:35 PM
I can just hear Ned Yost now, "Ummm...Bushy pitches a nice game...he just made a couple of mistakes."

I have been a supporter of his the entire time here, but he is starting to grind on me with pitching.

Boston
07-01-2008, 09:23 PM
Well, it looks like the May 2007 version of JJ Hardy is back. What great timing.

Kampman for President
07-01-2008, 09:27 PM
Alright, I've finally had enough of Hall. Time to get him out of the lineup....

Boston
07-01-2008, 11:04 PM
Does Ned ever ******* learn? I mean, my god. Mota shouldn't be the set-up man, yet every time the games close in the eighth inning, we see that idiot trot out to the mound, well, both idiots...

PackerLegend
07-01-2008, 11:20 PM
Looks like a W... great catch by Rivera in 8th to get double play by himself.

princefielder28
07-02-2008, 09:08 AM
Looks like a W... great catch by Rivera in 8th to get double play by himself.

I thought they were going to let that game slip through their hands but they managed to pull it out

Kampman for President
07-02-2008, 09:19 PM
Safe to say that our pitching has cooled WAY down.

Pacific
07-02-2008, 10:21 PM
Normally I like listening to Brian and Bill, but seriously, how many times do they have to say the phrase "dead arm" tonight?

Kampman for President
07-02-2008, 10:26 PM
Normally I like listening to Brian and Bill, but seriously, how many times do they have to say the phrase "dead arm" tonight?

Or Brian with "Player X has great speed"

princefielder28
07-02-2008, 10:40 PM
Cameron with a big time double

PackerLegend
07-02-2008, 10:59 PM
Thank you Ricky for the homer!! 3-2 Brewers, top 8th.

PackerLegend
07-02-2008, 11:06 PM
Wow 2 on, 1 out double play... that sucks would have been nice to get more breathing room.

Edit:**** you Riske tie game.

Edit: Thank you Cameron!

Edit:**** Dillion like an inch short of a HR ****!

4-3 Brewers this is it....dont blow it!!!!!!

princefielder28
07-03-2008, 06:39 AM
Brewers have guaranteed themselves atleast a .500 roadtrip!!!!

drowe
07-03-2008, 01:06 PM
ok, did anybody see the segment during the game when FSN went to Trennie, Jeff and Davie at Summerfest and all 3 of them were CLEARLY drunk? it was pretty much awesome. Brian or Bill even acknowledged the obvious after the fact and said something like "looks like our crew has been hitting the beer tent."

also, yeah, .500 road trip!

also, i see Braun is out of the lineup again....

princefielder28
07-03-2008, 01:51 PM
Indians' scouts have been attending numerous AA-Hunstville games in an attempt to get an idea of what the Brewers' top prospects hold. Matt LaPorta seems to be the centerpiece if any CC Sabathia deal is made.

GB12
07-03-2008, 01:58 PM
I'm going to be so pissed if we trade Gamel or LaPorta in a deal for Sabathia.

princefielder28
07-03-2008, 02:19 PM
I'm going to be so pissed if we trade Gamel or LaPorta in a deal for Sabathia.

I think either/or is expendable

start with LaPorta....Ryan Braun and Corey Hart are the staples of the outfield and there's one missing piece. LaPorta, Tony Gwynn Jr., Cole Gillespie, and Michael Brantley are all capable orf taking that third job by the end of next season or sooner. Outfield depth is not a problem and in addition to those players Darren Ford, Lorenzo Cain, and Caleb Gindl all appear to be potential OF solutions. LaPorta is a great prospect, but at this point the Brewers are 2 games out of the wildcard and 4.5 out of the division and they could have the ability to add a Cy Young award winner to the rotation and win big this year.

Mat Gamel...a stud from the left side of the plate who does struggle defensively. Out of him and LaPorta I would actually prefer that he stays because of the fact he plays 3B and bats lefty. The Brewers also don't have the depth on the leftside of the infield that they do in the outfield. Escobar could be up soon and play SS and the Brewers could move JJ to third so given that scenario the Brewers could move Gamel.

In the end the Brewers have so much outfield depth that could make an impact soon that they could afford to move LaPorta more than Gamel. I'd hate to see either leave, but at some point you have to pay the price to win.