PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee Brewers Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

princefielder28
07-29-2008, 07:46 PM
We have a black hole in our lineup from the 6-9 hitters. It's kind of sad to watch...

Starting Kapler could help fix that

Boston
07-29-2008, 08:30 PM
Well if anybody on this team could hit the ******* ball with RISP, we'd still be in this game. Unbelievable.

GB12
07-29-2008, 08:38 PM
Nice one there Yost.

princefielder28
07-29-2008, 08:44 PM
time to chip away

Boston
07-29-2008, 08:48 PM
time to chip away

At what, you're television set? There is no way in hell the Brewers come back from this. Not with the way the entire ******* lineup minus Braun and Hardy has been 'hitting.'

EvilMonkey
07-29-2008, 09:02 PM
very, very hard to watch this game......

princefielder28
07-29-2008, 09:17 PM
You can add the Brewers starting eight position players to tonight's attendance because they certainly did alot of spectating

princefielder28
07-29-2008, 09:24 PM
It'd be really nice to have a healthy Corey Koskie on the roster right now

Boston
07-29-2008, 09:33 PM
I don't even care if it is Ned's fault, which I don't see how it can't be, he has to go, as soon as possible. Everything was supposed to come together for us last year, and it didn't, and then this year, we get off to a hot start, 14 or 15 games above .500 going into the All-Star break, and then this. Sure we got off to a hot start, but that was due entirely to great pitching, and clutch home runs. What happens when we don't pitch lights out? This. It's just pathetic. 3-48 with RISP over the last however many games is simply pathetic. That doesn't even do it justice. Eventually some blame needs to be placed on the coaching staff.

The fact that we've been scoring so few runs with Hardy and Braun, you're two and three hitters in the lineup, up for player of the month honors, is just amazing. Did every other hitter in the lineup decide, I think I'm going to take an extended break, or what? That just can't happen, and I think Ned needs to be blamed for some of it. That's not even mentioning his horrible decisions on keeping his starting pitchers out much longer than they should be.

Whatever, **** 'em. I'm getting tired of watching us fall apart after the All-Star break. I wouldn't be as mad over our abysmal home stand so far, after a 7-0 road trip, if it wasn't for the fact that this has happened three years in a row now. I don't know, I'm just mad, maybe I'm overreacting, but if the Brewers keep playing like this, I'm going to just stop watching entirely. I don't want to watch us implode again like we did last year...

princefielder28
07-29-2008, 09:37 PM
I would blame Jim Skaalen for the offense's woes, considering he is the hitting coach....he was the hitting coach in Cincinnati before this and all he seems to be able to teach is the long ball...how about we manufacture some runs

AA Hitting Coach Sandy Guerrero jas done an exceptional job down there and should be considered for a major league spot.

princefielder28
07-29-2008, 09:41 PM
We scored!!!!!!! :)

GB12
07-29-2008, 09:42 PM
I give credit to Yost for moving McClung from the bullpen to a starter. Other than that he's been awful this year just like the past. He should have been fired a long time ago and we can only hope he finally gets the ax this year. Like I said in the MLB thread, I don't care if we win the World Series I still want Yost fired.

Boston
07-29-2008, 09:47 PM
I give credit to Yost for moving McClung from the bullpen to a starter. Other than that he's been awful this year just like the past. He should have been fired a long time ago and we can only hope he finally gets the ax this year. Like I said in the MLB thread, I don't care if we win the World Series I still want Yost fired.

Doesn't the fact that he platooned McClung and Bush, who had been our hottest pitcher over his last five or so starts, kind of negate that?

Edit: If we don't make the playoffs this year, and Yost is still our manager, Melvin and Yost need to be shown the door. Hell, if we do make the playoffs without doing anything, Yost needs to be shown the door.

PackerLegend
07-29-2008, 10:56 PM
I sure hope im wrong when I think the Brewers will be the Brewers and stink up a very important series.

Unfortunately so far im right, and ya **** Ned, dudes a Douche and ****ing sucks. GB12 bring back the avy!

GB12
07-29-2008, 11:01 PM
Unfortunately so far im right, and ya **** Ned, dudes a Douche and ****ing sucks. GB12 bring back the avy!
Nah, I don't like having an avatar. If you (or anyone else I guess) wants to use it I can give you the image, but I'm not using it.

umphrey
07-30-2008, 08:06 PM
The Brewers hate Parra today. He struck out the 3rd out to end the 1st unscathed and Kendall doesn't catch it, leading to 2 runs. Then he gets a lead off double and we strand him on 3rd.

Edit: also robbed him of an RBI on his triple because Kendall thought he could steal for some reason. 2-2 with a double and a triple

Boston
07-30-2008, 08:35 PM
Way to **** us out of a run Ned. Who calls a hit and run with the pitcher up to bat? Brilliant move Ned, just brilliant.

Just once, just one ******* time would I like to see that dumbass pull his starting pitcher before they F us out of a game.

PackerLegend
07-30-2008, 11:01 PM
I like the new thread name. not like any of us should be surprised.

princefielder28
07-30-2008, 11:06 PM
You guys better not expect to receive a spot back on the bandwagon when the Crew starts to win again

PackerLegend
07-30-2008, 11:16 PM
You guys better not expect to receive a spot back on the bandwagon when the Crew starts to win again

I never jumped off... Brewers all the way, I just said this is normal for the Brewers and we are used to it. So are the Brewers making the post season?

princefielder28
07-30-2008, 11:19 PM
I never jumped off... Brewers all the way, I just said this is normal for the Brewers and we are used to it. So are the Brewers making the post season?

No...I hope I'm wrong, but every time there's a loss it shouldn't seem like it's the end of the world; this team can't play small ball and that costs them big time against top compeition

GB12
07-30-2008, 11:22 PM
I don't think anyone got off.

As for the thread title last year we dropped a double header to St. Louis on July 28th and then went in a downward spiral, this year we lost to the Cubs on the 28th and are close to getting swept in a 4 game series at home. That date does not like the Brewers.

Boston
07-30-2008, 11:36 PM
No...I hope I'm wrong, but every time there's a loss it shouldn't seem like it's the end of the world; this team can't play small ball and that costs them big time against top compeition

The Brewers have had a 1-5 homestand after building up all kinds of momentum with a 7-0 road trip. There hitting has been abysmal at best, the pitching has been lackluster, and the defense, well, I won't even go there. That's not even mentioning Ned Yost. Of course I'm still on this 'bandwagon,' but untill the Brewers have their first round playoff matchup lined up, I won't be getting my hopes up.

princefielder28
07-31-2008, 11:59 AM
2B Rickie Weeks
3B Craig Counsell
SS J.J. Hardy
1B Prince Fielder
LF Ryan Braun
RF Gabe Kapler
CF Mike Cameron
C Jason Kendall
RHP Dave Bush

Interesting lineup....

GB12
07-31-2008, 12:20 PM
2B Rickie Weeks
3B Craig Counsell
SS J.J. Hardy
1B Prince Fielder
LF Ryan Braun
RF Gabe Kapler
CF Mike Cameron
C Jason Kendall
RHP Dave Bush

Interesting lineup....
Well that's different. I think Braun should always be the three hitter no matter what the rest of the lineup looks like, but other than that I actually like what Ned has done here. Fielder has been in a slump lately so putting our 2 hottest hitters on each side of him can't hurt. JJ will still see a lot of fastballs hitting in front of Prince. Braun can clean up the baserunners that Fielder has been leaving. I think this is worth a try. I wouldn't do it every game, but worth a try. One thing I would have done if you're going to alter a lineup this much anyway is give Weeks a game in the 6 hole.

princefielder28
07-31-2008, 12:28 PM
Well that's different. I think Braun should always be the three hitter no matter what the rest of the lineup looks like, but other than that I actually like what Ned has done here. Fielder has been in a slump lately so putting our 2 hottest hitters on each side of him can't hurt. JJ will still see a lot of fastballs hitting in front of Prince. Braun can clean up the baserunners that Fielder has been leaving. I think this is worth a try. I wouldn't do it every game, but worth a try. One thing I would have done if you're going to alter a lineup this much anyway is give Weeks a game in the 6 hole.

so....

Counsell
Kapler
Hardy
Fielder
Braun
Weeks
Cameron
Kendall
Bush

???

GB12
07-31-2008, 12:36 PM
so....

Counsell
Kapler
Hardy
Fielder
Braun
Weeks
Cameron
Kendall
Bush

???
I guess that's how to do it using those players, but maybe try it with Corey Hart back in the lineup. Although I like him more elsewhere in the lineup we have no one else to hit leadoff really.

Keeping the base of the lineup we're using today but with Hart in I'd go

Hart
Kapler
Hardy
Fielder
Braun
Weeks
Counsell
Kendall
pitcher

GB12
07-31-2008, 01:21 PM
Rickie gets a hit and then throws it away with terrible base running. Go figure.

Boston
07-31-2008, 02:33 PM
Cameron needs to sit for an extended period of time. But I'm sure he'd still find a way to swing at balls in the dirt...

Kapler better be starting in CF tomorrow.

Meta4
07-31-2008, 03:11 PM
I hate to say this but this is probably the closest we get to a playoff atmosphere the rest of the year. This series we have been brought back to reality. We have arguably the worst 6-8 hitters in the majors. We live and die by the home run ball and cannot produce runs. How many teams have 3-4 players in their everyday starting lineup batting under.240 let alone in the .220 range. We are ranked 23 out of 30 teams for team batting average. It shows this series that we cant win under pressure. Is it the team or the manager? My guess would be a little of both. This YOUNG team needs discipline and Yost is not that type of manager. Look at the cubs for instance, Lou demands their respect and every player on that team gives it to him everyday. Just look at him in the dugout when a player makes a bad play. Hes heated getting right in the players face to tell him he just fu#ked up. Now, look at yost and that stupid blank stare he holds throughout the game no matter whats happening on the field. Not to mention he does not know how to manage his pitchers or the Bullpen. If Melvin thinks ths is a championship caliber team then hes out of his damn mind.

rumfinator
07-31-2008, 04:10 PM
Ugly.....bad week to be a Wisconsin sports fan...

What did Rickie Weeks have...like 3 strikeouts...

PackerLegend
07-31-2008, 04:18 PM
So much for that great away stand that means nothing now. We are right back to where we started. This sucks.

umphrey
08-01-2008, 02:09 PM
The real reason this team is slumping (http://www.theonion.com/content/news/c_c_sabathia_prince_fielder_keep)

"I should have noticed something was wrong weeks ago, when Prince, who has always had a certain fascination with the sausage races, expressed delight that we had 'signed Cleveland's huge chili cheese dog' and welcomed C.C. to the team by coating him liberally with celery salt and mustard," said manager Ned Yost. "And in his very first start, C.C. praised the way our 'great big hamburger' was hitting, and kept trying to pick off runners at first base by throwing ketchup and extra cheese to Prince."

princefielder28
08-01-2008, 10:42 PM
Big win tonight....9-0

princefielder28
08-02-2008, 12:51 PM
Today's lineup

2B Rickie Weeks
SS JJ Hardy
LF Ryan Braun
1B Prince Fielder
RF Corey Hart
3B Craig Counsell
CF Mike Cameron
C Jason Kendall
P CC Sabathia

princefielder28
08-02-2008, 05:55 PM
Nice win today...CC pitches well again, Prince goes yard twice, and Rickie continues to struggle on turning double plays

Boston
08-02-2008, 07:49 PM
Nice win today...CC pitches well again, Prince goes yard twice, and Rickie continues to struggle on turning double plays

I loved the negativity the announcers showed when talking about Rickie Weeks. I hate how Brian and Bill sugarcoat everything they say.

rumfinator
08-03-2008, 12:38 PM
Its annoying...they are just like Ned Yost. Brian and Bill are a bunch of shills.

For whatever reason...Ned Yost has a hard one for Rickie Weeks, Dave Bush, and Craig Counsell. The only one I can agree with is Craig Counsell. He plays excellent defense unlike Rickie.

EvilMonkey
08-03-2008, 12:42 PM
Its annoying...they are just like Ned Yost. Brian and Bill are a bunch of shills.

For whatever reason...Ned Yost has a hard one for Rickie Weeks, Dave Bush, and Craig Counsell. The only one I can agree with is Craig Counsell. He plays excellent defense unlike Rickie.

well, you're in luck, you'll see no rickie weeks today and will get a dose of Craig Counsell in today's lineup.

2B Ray Durham
SS Craig Counsell
LF Ryan Braun
1B Prince Fielder
RF Corey Hart
3B Russell Branyan
CF Gabe Kapler
C Jason Kendall
P Ben Sheets

rumfinator
08-03-2008, 12:44 PM
well, you're in luck, you'll see no rickie weeks today and will get a dose of Craig Counsell in today's lineup.

2B Ray Durham
SS Craig Counsell
LF Ryan Braun
1B Prince Fielder
RF Corey Hart
3B Russell Branyan
CF Gabe Kapler
C Jason Kendall
P Ben Sheets

Yeah, I saw that. Lets just hope counsell and Durham can do something offensively..ohhh and add Corey Hart to that.

princefielder28
08-03-2008, 02:58 PM
Good win Friday, come from behind victory Saturday, and then today they lay an egg. This roller coast ride continues.

GB12
08-03-2008, 04:12 PM
What the hell was Ned thinking using Weeks as the pinch hitter with two men in scoring position and the tying run at the plate? Hardy's sitting on the bench and he chooses Weeks, are you kidding me? At least use Cameron or Hall if there's some reason for not using JJ. Of the 4 guys on the bench Yost goes with the worst one. Good job Ned.

princefielder28
08-03-2008, 04:52 PM
What the hell was Ned thinking using Weeks as the pinch hitter with two men in scoring position and the tying run at the plate? Hardy's sitting on the bench and he chooses Weeks, are you kidding me? At least use Cameron or Hall if there's some reason for not using JJ. Of the 4 guys on the bench Yost goes with the worst one. Good job Ned.

Rickie and Cameron were the only two on the bench who had a hit against Campillo this year so Ned went with the stats and decided to go with Rickie, who on top of having a hit against Campillo, was 4 for 10 as a pinch hitter coming into today.

GB12
08-03-2008, 05:06 PM
Rickie and Cameron were the only two on the bench who had a hit against Campillo this year so Ned went with the stats and decided to go with Rickie, who on top of having a hit against Campillo, was 4 for 10 as a pinch hitter coming into today.
That's a big problem Ned has, he goes way too much on the splits. Rickie's 4-10 as a pinch hitter big deal, he's 78-349 on the year. You can't honestly say that you thought Weeks would get a hit. Any of the other bench players would have been a much better choice. That response looks exactly like something Ned would say and heck I wouldn't be surprised if you told be that was quoting him, but Ned's not too bright.

Another thing I had a little bit of a problem with was his mismanagement of Sabathia in Saturday's game.

princefielder28
08-04-2008, 02:28 PM
Tonight's lineup

2B Rickie Weeks
SS J.J. Hardy
LF Ryan Braun
1B Prince Fielder
RF Corey Hart
3B Craig Counsell
CF Mike Cameron
C Jason Kendall
LHP Manny Parra

GB12
08-04-2008, 02:30 PM
Ryan Braun named NL player of the month, Sabathia NL pitcher of the month.

umphrey
08-04-2008, 08:58 PM
Whenever I watch the Brewers lately I just get pissed. Fielder and Parra got into it today. No question we are slumping right now.

GB12
08-04-2008, 09:16 PM
I didn't see the fight, but it sure doesn't sound good. Prince will probably be on the bench for a couple games after pulling that crap.

princefielder28
08-04-2008, 09:20 PM
I didn't see the fight, but it sure doesn't sound good. Prince will probably be on the bench for a couple games after pulling that crap.

Ahh Prince won't be benched; Yost will talk to him, but the last thing this team needs is to place their leader and only legit lefty batter on the bench.

GB12
08-04-2008, 09:22 PM
Ahh Prince won't be benched; Yost will talk to him, but the last thing this team needs is to place their leader and only legit lefty batter on the bench.
He better be benched after that. And it's hard to call him a leader if he's doing **** like that.

princefielder28
08-04-2008, 09:26 PM
He better be benched after that. And it's hard to call him a leader if he's doing **** like that.

You said you didn't see the "fight" and you don't know what the scuffle was about; don't make such lofty demand without seeing the evidence

GB12
08-04-2008, 09:31 PM
You said you didn't see the "fight" and you don't know what the scuffle was about; don't make such lofty demand without seeing the evidence
I have seen it, and was changing my post but you quoted it before I finished so I left it. There is nothing that Manny could have said that would make what Prince did acceptable.

I don't see how you can justify not benching him for at least one game after that.

princefielder28
08-04-2008, 09:35 PM
I have seen it, and was changing my post but you quoted it before I finished so I left it. There is nothing that Manny could have said that would make what Prince did acceptable.

I don't see how you can justify not benching him for at least one game after that.

Prince will be talked to and that will be the end of that

GB12
08-04-2008, 09:36 PM
Prince will be talked to and that will be the end of that
I will lose (even more) respect for Yost if that's all that happens.

princefielder28
08-04-2008, 09:42 PM
I will lose (even more) respect for Yost if that's all that happens.

Ned said that it is a family issue and it will be dealt in house; the media and everyone else is like the neighbors who want to know what's going on.

GB12
08-04-2008, 09:54 PM
Ned said that it is a family issue and it will be dealt in house; the media and everyone else is like the neighbors who want to know what's going on.
Ok...

That doesn't change the fact that Prince should take a seat for a while. Fielder was completely out of line acting that way. If Ned just wants to sweep this a side like he does with everything else that's just further reason for him to go.

If you saw Hardy in that clip I liked what he did. JJ went right after Fielder getting on him for how he acted. That's what a leader does, not blindsiding teammates.

princefielder28
08-04-2008, 09:56 PM
Ok...

That doesn't change the fact that Prince should take a seat for a while. Fielder was completely out of line acting that way. If Ned just wants to sweep this a side like he does with everything else that's just further reason for him to go.

If you saw Hardy in that clip I liked what he did. JJ went right after Fielder getting on him for how he acted. That's what a leader does, not blindsiding teammates.

Manny exchanged words too so it wasn't completely one sided; time to move forward

GB12
08-04-2008, 10:18 PM
Manny exchanged words too so it wasn't completely one sided; time to move forward
It looked like he was just blowing off some steam after giving up some runs and even if he did say something direct right at Prince it in no way makes what Prince did ok. [EDIT: After watching it a couple more times it doesn't even look like Manny said a word.] What if Manny had gotten injured during that. Prince wasn't letting up, had teammates not been there to grab him and hold him back I don't want to know what would have happened. Just because an injury didn't come of it does not mean that it's no big deal.

I think Prince and Manny will "make up" and be professional about this and there won't be any lasting effects from this, but it is something that has to be dealt with.

Boston
08-04-2008, 11:25 PM
At least Ned was the quickest one to get between Parra and Prince...oh wait, that was Maddux...as Yost sat there with that stupid look on his face.

badgerbacker
08-04-2008, 11:41 PM
You can be quick to judge Ned about not being the one to break up the fight, but I applaud his survival instincts. I certainly wouldn't want to step in front of an angry Prince Fielder...

Boston
08-04-2008, 11:44 PM
You can be quick to judge Ned about not being the one to break up the fight, but I applaud his survival instincts. I certainly wouldn't want to step in front of an angry Prince Fielder...

The fact that Ned didn't even get out of his chair is pretty pathetic.

GB12
08-05-2008, 11:28 AM
Brett Lawrie signed today.

princefielder28
08-05-2008, 02:37 PM
Today's lineup

2B Ray Durham
SS J.J. Hardy
LF Ryan Braun
1B Prince Fielder
RF Corey Hart
3B Craig Counsell
CF Mike Cameron
C Jason Kendall
RHP Dave Bush

GB12
08-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Today's lineup

2B Ray Durham
SS J.J. Hardy
LF Ryan Braun
1B Prince Fielder
RF Corey Hart
3B Craig Counsell
CF Mike Cameron
C Jason Kendall
RHP Dave Bush
Don't like that Prince is in there, but I'm not really surprised.

Craig Counsell sure is getting a lot of playing time lately.

yodabear
08-05-2008, 04:57 PM
Don't like that Prince is in there, but I'm not really surprised.

Craig Counsell sure is getting a lot of playing time lately.

Ur in the middle of a heated playoff race, last night got quite heated, its over now, Parra and Prince prolly went hot tubbing together last night: gotta have ur 2nd best hitter in the lineup.

princefielder28
08-05-2008, 06:20 PM
The Crew jumps on the board early....2-0

princefielder28
08-05-2008, 07:12 PM
Corey Hart has frickin smoked two balls tonight

the_legend_killer
08-05-2008, 07:14 PM
Is that, a hit with a Runner in Scoring Position!?!?

princefielder28
08-05-2008, 07:16 PM
Is that, a hit with a Runner in Scoring Position!?!?

another one too

the_legend_killer
08-05-2008, 07:21 PM
Whoa! 'Bout time.

jackalope
08-05-2008, 08:06 PM
Good to see JJ start hitting the ball again.

princefielder28
08-06-2008, 09:52 AM
Today's lineup

2B Rickie Weeks
SS Craig Counsell
LF Ryan Braun
1B Prince Fielder
RF Corey Hart
3B Bill Hall
CF Mike Cameron
C Jason Kendall
RHP Jeff Suppan

Yost is really on the Counsell bandwagon right now

GB12
08-06-2008, 12:13 PM
Why is Hardy out again? He was just out on Sunday and we have an off day tomorrow.

rumfinator
08-06-2008, 12:14 PM
Wait...Wait...are the brewers manufacturing runs two days in a row....this must be heaven.

princefielder28
08-06-2008, 12:14 PM
Jeremy Jeffress has moved up to AA; my guess is he'll finish the year there, start next year in AA, go up to AAA halfway through next season, and be in the majors come 2010.

rumfinator
08-06-2008, 12:16 PM
Jeremy Jeffress has moved up to AA; my guess is he'll finish the year there, start next year in AA, go up to AAA halfway through next season, and be in the majors come 2010.

Lets just hope he develops some consistency and we may have a solid rotation in 2010 with Gallardo, Parra, Jeffress.

princefielder28
08-06-2008, 12:49 PM
I love to see those baserunning mistakes...good job Bill Hall

GB12
08-06-2008, 12:56 PM
I love to see those baserunning mistakes...good job Bill Hall
We've had quite a few baserunning mistakes this year

princefielder28
08-06-2008, 01:05 PM
Ryan Braun is Wisconsin's new God

drowe
08-06-2008, 01:12 PM

i'm drowe, and i approve this message.

rumfinator
08-06-2008, 01:51 PM

Without a doubt,he is the leader of this team.

umphrey
08-06-2008, 02:22 PM
Without a doubt,he is the leader of this team.

I think Prince is, Braun seems too laid back to me

princefielder28
08-06-2008, 02:25 PM
I think Prince is, Braun seems too laid back to me

yeah Prince is the leader of this team, no doubt. Ryan is an exceptional player and leads by example. Prince leads by example and emotionally too

the_legend_killer
08-06-2008, 02:30 PM
Knock on wood, but since coming off the DL Eric Gagne has been *Gasp* good. (Sans the one appearance) Heck, even touched 94 on that called Strike 3 on the corner.

GB12
08-06-2008, 02:35 PM
Anyone else catch how that when Fielder and Parra crossed in the high five line they pulled there hands away

princefielder28
08-06-2008, 02:36 PM
Wow, a 4-2 roadtrip that was less than spectacular and had some rough points, but still turns out to be successful

4 games with the Nats now and we trot out our top 3 pitchers, expect big things

GB12
08-06-2008, 02:40 PM
Wow, a 4-2 roadtrip that was less than spectacular and had some rough points, but still turns out to be successful

4 games with the Nats now and we trot out our top 3 pitchers, expect big things
The Cubs and Cards play each other, so that will help us in some way too.

drowe
08-06-2008, 02:51 PM
Anyone else catch how that when Fielder and Parra crossed in the high five line they pulled there hands away

my god. when did all prominent Wisconsin athletic figures turn into such drama queens?

rumfinator
08-06-2008, 03:17 PM
yeah Prince is the leader of this team, no doubt. Ryan is an exceptional player and leads by example. Prince leads by example and emotionally too

I disagree. Prince does play with emotion but that is not the sole contributor to being a leader. Prince's emotions sometimes get in the way leading to ejections or emotional outbursts.

Braun tends to keep a cool head in hot situations. Did anybody see who was the main man calming down Prince after the Parra scuffle? That was Ryan Braun.

Braun has a cool head, doesn't get in trouble, and he is a little cocky that helps light the fire.

princefielder28
08-06-2008, 03:19 PM
I disagree. Prince does play with emotion but that is not the sole contributor to being a leader. Prince's emotions sometimes get in the way leading to ejections or emotional outbursts.

Braun tends to keep a cool head in hot situations. Did anybody see who was the main man calming down Prince after the Parra scuffle? That was Ryan Braun.

Braun has a cool head, doesn't get in trouble, and he is a little cocky that helps light the fire.

Braun is A leader but he's not THE leader

D-Unit
08-06-2008, 03:19 PM
Braun struck out 3 times today. But I do love the guy in fantasy baseball. ;)

rumfinator
08-06-2008, 03:22 PM
Braun is A leader but he's not THE leader

What does that mean? Tell me how Prince is THE leader?

princefielder28
08-06-2008, 03:25 PM
What does that mean? Tell me how Prince is THE leader?

I explained it in one my previous posts; plus if you ask anyone with connection that organization i am willing to bet that everyone says Fielder

Boston
08-06-2008, 05:02 PM
Jeremy Jeffress has been promoted to AA. Hopefully he can pitch well.

badgerbacker
08-06-2008, 05:25 PM
Jeremy Jeffress has been promoted to AA. Hopefully he can pitch well.And stay away from the illegal substances...

rumfinator
08-06-2008, 06:03 PM
I explained it in one my previous posts; plus if you ask anyone with connection that organization i am willing to bet that everyone says Fielder

I would disagree again. My good Friend Dave Dypdall works in the marketing department and has average contact with the players (autograph signing, and what not...) and he believes by talking to the players that it is Braun. Unfortunetly many of the players are closer friends with Fielder because he is the "fun" guy during the games. Braun is considered more business that Fielder.

roidrunner
08-08-2008, 02:51 PM
thats is because braun is a bad A**.

princefielder28
08-08-2008, 07:08 PM
CC on the mound so let's kick some ass

GB12
08-08-2008, 07:10 PM
CC on the mound so let's kick some ass
Sabathia vs a bad hitting team should make for a fun to watch pitching performance.

The other CC, Craig Counsell, is playing way too much.

princefielder28
08-08-2008, 07:13 PM
Sabathia vs a bad hitting team should make for a fun to watch pitching performance.

The other CC, Craig Counsell, is playing way too much.

I agree with Counsell starting too much...Bill Hall was swinging the bat better with consistent playing time and he should be in there, and if Russell isn't going to play then get someone else up here

GB12
08-08-2008, 07:21 PM
Lucky break there.

roidrunner
08-08-2008, 08:01 PM
4-0 brewers looks like we are getting things going right now, its good to see

PackerLegend
08-08-2008, 10:05 PM
CC owns Sheets.... end of story. I love this guy! CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC !!!!!!!

princefielder28
08-08-2008, 10:19 PM
Nice win...3-0 since fight

EvilMonkey
08-09-2008, 07:16 AM
i officially want us to give CC a bazillion dollars a year to keep him long-term.

drowe
08-09-2008, 08:44 AM
best.
trade.
ever.

princefielder28
08-09-2008, 05:48 PM
Durham and Branyan are in the lineup tonight...little more pop out there

GB12
08-09-2008, 07:19 PM
Hope Bruan is ok.

Durham and Hardy go long back to back.

princefielder28
08-09-2008, 08:07 PM
Hope Bruan is ok.

Durham and Hardy go long back to back.

Lower back strain...probably just a day to day thing

princefielder28
08-09-2008, 08:16 PM
Ben Sheets with a RBI!!!!!!

PackerLegend
08-09-2008, 08:37 PM
There ya go Benny boy.... we need another complete game tomorrow to get our turkey of complete games.

princefielder28
08-09-2008, 08:46 PM
I'm going to the game tomorrow....hopefully i get to see the same kind of baseball that the crew have shown the last three games

princefielder28
08-10-2008, 08:36 PM
Gabe Kapler with a walkoff today was great; it was a great game to go to. Mike Rivera was clutch and Weeks still sucks

Pacific
08-10-2008, 09:56 PM
Great series so far. I'm going to the game tomorrow so hopefully our good fortune continues.

roidrunner
08-10-2008, 10:33 PM
lets keep this going, great game today, WTG Kapler

drowe
08-11-2008, 01:22 PM
nice lead off rickie!

princefielder28
08-11-2008, 02:49 PM
4-1 lead after 5...so close to taking out the brooms

roidrunner
08-11-2008, 08:59 PM
we broomed them, good job crew. lets bring on the padres

umphrey
08-11-2008, 11:30 PM
we broomed them, good job crew. lets bring on the padres

They have the second worst record in the NL. We could use another sweep, but we should at least win the series

drowe
08-12-2008, 07:10 AM
yeah, we need to get some wins against San Diego. the way LA is playing, i'm not counting on more than 1 win there.

Boston
08-12-2008, 03:09 PM
Yovani Gallardo has been cleared to start throwing off the mound, per Gord Ash. What a great boost this would be, be it in the bullpen or starting rotation.

roidrunner
08-12-2008, 03:12 PM
man it would really help our Rotation, CC, sheets, Yovani, Parra, Soup or Bush. that would be one hell of a starting rotation

princefielder28
08-12-2008, 03:59 PM
man it would really help our Rotation, CC, sheets, Yovani, Parra, Soup or Bush. that would be one hell of a starting rotation

scary good rotation....

Boston
08-12-2008, 08:05 PM
Why is Counsell starting over Branyan...again?

princefielder28
08-13-2008, 08:04 AM
7 wins in a row!!!!

roidrunner
08-13-2008, 09:00 AM
dont jinx us, the streak is something that should not be acknowledged.

jackalope
08-13-2008, 11:10 AM
7 wins in a row!!!!

Yeah, that dugout fight really hurt us.

Any word on when Braun will be back?

princefielder28
08-13-2008, 11:17 AM
Yeah, that dugout fight really hurt us.

Any word on when Braun will be back?

It may be more than just back problems/spasms; it may be a oblique problem which would probably put him on the shelf for 15 days

Side note : Russell Branyan has been put on the DL; Laynce Nix called up

drowe
08-13-2008, 11:53 AM
It may be more than just back problems/spasms; it may be a oblique problem which would probably put him on the shelf for 15 days

Side note : Russell Branyan has been put on the DL; Laynce Nix called up

interesting. haven't heard from Nix in a long time. well, good i always hated Russell...even when he had that stretch where he homered 3 times a week.

roidrunner
08-13-2008, 07:03 PM
well i guess that explained why Council was playing in place of Russell yesterday

princefielder28
08-13-2008, 09:25 PM
The almighty Prince goes deep!

princefielder28
08-13-2008, 10:32 PM
Corey Hart comes up big...CC isn't dominating tonight but he's been good enough

roidrunner
08-13-2008, 10:38 PM
thats good to hear, i sadly live in FIB land so i can not see the game

drowe
08-14-2008, 07:08 AM
wait.

CC only pitched 7 innings?

and, he allowed a run???

what a chump.

:)

drowe
08-14-2008, 02:26 PM
Nix is getting the start in left field today. kinda exciting.

Sportsfan486
08-14-2008, 04:14 PM
wait.

CC only pitched 7 innings?

and, he allowed a run???

what a chump.

:)

He also managed to load the bases with zero outs. Yet got out of it... without even a double play. Craziness.

Pitcher's duel so far today.

GB12
08-16-2008, 06:57 PM
I didn't see the game, but are you serious Ned? Laynce Nix hitting 3rd. Someone needs to teach Yost how to fillout the lineup card. I can understand not wanting to mess with the lineup too much from day to day, but that's ridiculous. You set the lineup based on the players not the position like Ned does.

2B
SS
LF
1B
RF
3B
CF
C
P

That's the lineup he's going to give you everyday.

Boston
08-16-2008, 09:37 PM
Ned knows his lineups...

jackalope
08-16-2008, 10:52 PM
Holy **** Gabe Kapler!

roidrunner
08-16-2008, 11:08 PM
well we just took the lead

roidrunner
08-17-2008, 12:26 AM
good nice hard fought win tonight, lets try and keep this going. but i am now starting to think that we will not catch the cubs. they are showing no signs of dying.

princefielder28
08-17-2008, 06:31 AM
Win today means another winning roadtrip...go brewers go!

princefielder28
08-17-2008, 03:37 PM
Rough start so far...Man Ram goes deep

princefielder28
08-17-2008, 03:44 PM
ahhh Rickie Weeks still sucks!

roidrunner
08-17-2008, 03:54 PM
yea we are getting spanked today.

Boston
08-17-2008, 06:03 PM
yea we are getting spanked today.

Ryan Braun begs to differ.

princefielder28
08-17-2008, 09:22 PM
I like how the team battled back in the 9th, but we all know how that ended :(

roidrunner
08-17-2008, 09:24 PM
yea, we have been really weird lately. i am almost wishing for another fight to break out.

princefielder28
08-18-2008, 09:05 AM
Rickie Weeks may be headed to the DL....celebrate!!!!!!

roidrunner
08-18-2008, 09:47 AM
good, cause i would rather have Durham at 2nd.

princefielder28
08-18-2008, 05:04 PM
2B Ray Durham
SS J.J. Hardy
LF Ryan Braun
1B Prince Fielder
RF Corey Hart
3B Bill Hall
CF Mike Cameron
C Jason Kendall
LHP CC Sabathia

This is tonight's lineup against Randy Wolf; this could be a big night offensively

umphrey
08-18-2008, 05:31 PM
Why don't we start Kapler at 3B more? Also I'd be curious to how Corey Hart would do in lead off. He has a pretty good BA and he's fast enough to steal.

Boston
08-18-2008, 06:29 PM
Why don't we start Kapler at 3B more? Also I'd be curious to how Corey Hart would do in lead off. He has a pretty good BA and he's fast enough to steal.

His .321 OBP begs to differ. As does his RBI total...

princefielder28
08-18-2008, 07:53 PM
Brewers have an early lead; CC is pitching decent

princefielder28
08-18-2008, 09:00 PM
Kinda suprised to see Sabathia going out for the 7th

Boston
08-18-2008, 09:20 PM
Kinda suprised to see Sabathia going out for the 7th

I really hope Ned's not stupid enough to send him out for the eighth.

princefielder28
08-18-2008, 09:22 PM
I really hope Ned's not stupid enough to send him out for the eighth.

I think he's going to...101 pitches, a bit of a worn out pen

GB12
08-18-2008, 09:39 PM
Most of the times I had been fine with sending CC out for the late innings, this isn't one of him.

But hey, so far so good.

princefielder28
08-18-2008, 09:42 PM
Most of the times I had been fine with sending CC out for the late innings, this isn't one of him.

But hey, so far so good.

Brewers do have an off day on Thursday so that's an extra day's rest for CC; I am sure that is factoring into the decision

Boston
08-18-2008, 09:51 PM
We don't have any relief pitchers that can pitch the ninth right now? Are you ******* kidding me Ned? God he's such a horrible manager.

He better be around 90 pitchs for his next start. 130 pitches...wow..

Geo
08-18-2008, 10:25 PM
I don't like 130 pitches either, CC is such a stud though. I expected him to rock when the trade was announced, but I'm still impressed. What a (cookie) monster.

VoteLynnSwan
08-18-2008, 10:38 PM
if I were CC's agent... i'd be super pissed at Ned Yost... i don't know who CC's agent is, but i'm surprised that he hasn't said anything yet... Clearly Ned Yost is content with letting him throwing as many pitches as he can... hopefully CC doesn't have significant arm troubles in the future because of this year...

yodabear
08-19-2008, 12:57 AM
Actually Ned could be using brililiant stategery, overuse CC, so the other MLB teams get worried he could flame out next season, so the Brewers could maybe re-sign him. BRILLIANT NEDDY!

EvilMonkey
08-19-2008, 07:11 AM
Actually Ned could be using brililiant stategery, overuse CC, so the other MLB teams get worried he could flame out next season, so the Brewers could maybe re-sign him. BRILLIANT NEDDY!

in the future please refrain for using the words "brilliant" and "ned" or "neddy" that close together. I know it was sarcasm and everything but there should be a law that you can't use any combination of ned and brilliant in the same sentence. It's just wrong for children who cant tell internet sarcasm to possibly get the wrong impression.

thanks

princefielder28
08-19-2008, 09:14 AM
You guys bash Ned too much :)

I think it's really telling that Ned could not trust Mota taking the mound for the ninth; if you can't trust someone to hold atleast a five run lead then why is he on the roster?

drowe
08-19-2008, 09:28 AM
Ned is awesome. CC is young and awesome. and we're treating him like a rental car...which is fine. because he is.

yodabear
08-19-2008, 03:34 PM
In Ned we Cardinals fans trust.

princefielder28
08-19-2008, 04:57 PM
same old lineup, no braun

2B Ray Durham
SS J.J. Hardy
LF Gabe Kapler
1B Prince Fielder
RF Corey Hart
3B Craig Counsell
CF Mike Cameron
C Jason Kendall
RHP Ben Sheets

Boston
08-19-2008, 08:40 PM
Durham should be the starter now, with Weeks relegated to bench duties.

And Sheets looks dialed in tonight. That's good to see. Irony...

Sportsfan486
08-19-2008, 08:47 PM
Durham should be the starter now, with Weeks relegated to bench duties.

And Sheets looks dialed in tonight. That's good to see. Irony...

lol.. good call! :P

Boston
08-19-2008, 09:09 PM
Who the **** is the ump on first base? God damnit.

ShomeYurBoubi
08-19-2008, 10:17 PM
Our offense was horrid tonight.

princefielder28
08-20-2008, 08:43 AM
I think the problems with Ben Sheets result from his lack of conditioning the past few seasons; he's been injured numerous times over the past three seasons and he has not pitched this many innings since 2004. He is probably going through a bit of a dead arm period and it's a blessing that there's some off days coming up. Some people worry about CC with his pitch counts and whether or not he'll have enough in the tank come October, but he's done this before and recently; Ben Sheets can't say that.

drowe
08-20-2008, 04:02 PM
this win goes to the bullpen. Manny was struggling and clearly wasn't capable of going 6. but V, Gagne (despite his best efforts) and Torres locked it down for 4 shutout innings. good win.
and, i really liked the small ball early.

ShomeYurBoubi
08-20-2008, 04:44 PM
This really was a bullpen win, Villanueva pitched great and Gagne really lucked out in the 8th with that double play right back to the mound.

princefielder28
08-20-2008, 09:13 PM
Pittsburgh is coming to town...yay!

princefielder28
08-22-2008, 10:34 PM
10-4 beating of the Pirates!!!

princefielder28
08-23-2008, 10:46 PM
Three wins in a row...Suppan pitches well...Ryan Braun being Ryan Braun

GB12
08-24-2008, 02:27 PM
Twice we loaded the bases and we still don't have a single run. Pathetic

princefielder28
08-24-2008, 03:00 PM
Gabe Kapler is pimp!

drowe
08-24-2008, 07:17 PM
jj hardy came up big on his own bobblehead day. nice!!!!!

princefielder28
08-24-2008, 09:25 PM
Props to Cameron, JJ, and Mr. Mota today, showing off some onions

drowe
08-25-2008, 10:22 AM
Big news!!!!!!

Matt Gamel has been promoted to Nashville!

princefielder28
08-25-2008, 11:56 AM
Big news!!!!!!

Matt Gamel has been promoted to Nashville!

I saw that last night....September call up?

yodabear
08-25-2008, 12:47 PM
I got a JJ Hardy jersey on Wednesday and since then he has a GW home run, another home run, and walk off hit. God dang it!

drowe
08-25-2008, 01:09 PM
I saw that last night....September call up?

yeah, he'd be a good bat off the bench. wouldn't be surprised to see him and Escobar in blue and gold in september.

princefielder28
08-25-2008, 01:17 PM
yeah, he'd be a good bat off the bench. wouldn't be surprised to see him and Escobar in blue and gold in september.

Gamel, Escobar, Dillard, Stetter, Dillon, and how about Jeremy Jeffress will be, IMO, the call up come September

GB12
08-25-2008, 11:04 PM
Gamel, Escobar, Dillard, Stetter, Dillon, and how about Jeremy Jeffress will be, IMO, the call up come September
No way we even think about calling up Jeffress. Gamel's chances are pretty slim. Escobar is the only one of our top prospects that'd be considered, but even that's doubtful.

Stetter will be back for sure to give us two lefties in the pen. Dillard and DiFelice should return to the bullpen as well. There's no reason to think Dillon won't be back as a bench player. Branyan will be back from the DL. Brad Nelson has been hitting very well in AAA and will come up as a pinch hitter. Mel Stocker will be added as a pinch runner. Rottino should be up to give us a third catcher. I think that's what will see with maybe the possibility of Joe Bateman.

princefielder28
08-26-2008, 08:07 AM
No way we even think about calling up Jeffress. Gamel's chances are pretty slim. Escobar is the only one of our top prospects that'd be considered, but even that's doubtful.

Stetter will be back for sure to give us two lefties in the pen. Dillard and DiFelice should return to the bullpen as well. There's no reason to think Dillon won't be back as a bench player. Branyan will be back from the DL. Brad Nelson has been hitting very well in AAA and will come up as a pinch hitter. Mel Stocker will be added as a pinch runner. Rottino should be up to give us a third catcher. I think that's what will see with maybe the possibility of Joe Bateman.

My belief is that you bring up some of those young kids, not necessarily to play, but to absorb the atmosphere of a playoff race; then they're not shell shocked when they get there themselves in a more important role.

princefielder28
08-26-2008, 01:12 PM
Based off a ESPN radio interview with someone who is connected with individuals close to CC Sabathia, he stated that Sabathia would consider staying in Milwaukee if the Brewers offered a respectable deal in comparison to the LA's and New York's of the world.

drowe
08-26-2008, 01:25 PM
Based off a ESPN radio interview with someone who is connected with individuals close to CC Sabathia, he stated that Sabathia would consider staying in Milwaukee if the Brewers offered a respectable deal in comparison to the LA's and New York's of the world.

ah, so, somebody that knows a guy that knows a guy that knows CC says that CC MIGHT consider staying if the Brewers offer a lot of money. AWESOME!!!!

just kidding. any indication that CC might even consider staying is great news at this point.

princefielder28
08-26-2008, 01:27 PM
ah, so, somebody that knows a guy that knows a guy that knows CC says that CC MIGHT consider staying if the Brewers offer a lot of money. AWESOME!!!!

just kidding. any indication that CC might even consider staying is great news at this point.

similar to Chris Mortensen talking to a source close to Brett Favre

GB12
08-26-2008, 06:57 PM
My belief is that you bring up some of those young kids, not necessarily to play, but to absorb the atmosphere of a playoff race; then they're not shell shocked when they get there themselves in a more important role.
I see where you're going, but it's not really worth it to do that. I think all of our call ups will have had prior major league experience.
I think that goes without saying. The thing is we can't really make a comparable offer to the big market teams.

Ben Sheets vs the Cardinals in a couple minutes. Pretty big series as we can really separate ourselves from St. Louis or let them right back in it.

Sportsfan486
08-26-2008, 09:16 PM
Sheets has been solid. Two-run jack by Braun! Woo!

Boston
08-26-2008, 09:41 PM
I think Ned might have just taken Sheets out before he gave up three runs. Wow.

Sportsfan486
08-26-2008, 10:12 PM
I think Ned might have just taken Sheets out before he gave up three runs. Wow.

So I think we might end up winning this one.. just a guess, though.

Damn Cubs rallied and won, though, so yet again we make up no ground in the penant race. Another game up on the Cards in the wild-card, though, and if we get a win tomorrow we'll be in strong shape.

princefielder28
08-27-2008, 08:49 PM
The Cardinals continue to struggle against the Crew....reminds me alot of how the Brewers struggled against the Cubs at the end of July

princefielder28
08-27-2008, 10:29 PM
Bullpen blows it :(

the_legend_killer
08-27-2008, 10:35 PM
Well that was certainly a kick in the nutsack. I guess it was Riske's turn to be the suck.

drowe
08-28-2008, 06:36 AM
ah well. i'm reasonably happy with a split of that series. it WAS on the road. but, damn. Riske.

princefielder28
08-29-2008, 10:01 PM
Another win against the Pirates....YAY!

princefielder28
08-30-2008, 09:37 PM
Going for the sweep tomorrow with Sabathia pitching

princefielder28
08-31-2008, 12:39 PM
Rickie with a leadoff homer

jackalope
08-31-2008, 03:33 PM
CC robed of a no-hitter.

princefielder28
08-31-2008, 03:33 PM
CC robed of a no-hitter.

it's a shame

sirvasa70
08-31-2008, 06:35 PM
CC robed of a no-hitter.

Yeah that was a terrible scoring decision. I need to see that play a few more times but from the 2 replays that I saw it looked like an error. On one replay you see CC muff the ball, standup, and then see LaRoche running to 1st in the background.

I hope it gets overturned but the moment is still ruined...

Geo
08-31-2008, 06:40 PM
Michael Jordan + Fozzie the Bear = CC Sabathia

GB12
08-31-2008, 06:53 PM
Well it looks like I was wrong. Both Gamel and Escobar will be called up along with Salome. Brad Nelson, Mitch Stetter, Tim Dillard and Mark DiFelice, infielder Joe Dillon, outfielder Tony Gwynn Jr. and catcher Vinny Rottino are the rest of the call ups.

princefielder28
08-31-2008, 07:02 PM
Well it looks like I was wrong. Both Gamel and Escobar will be called up along with Salome. Brad Nelson, Mitch Stetter, Tim Dillard and Mark DiFelice, infielder Joe Dillon, outfielder Tony Gwynn Jr. and catcher Vinny Rottino are the rest of the call ups.

The dugout is going to be crowded

Sportsfan486
09-01-2008, 03:37 PM
Gagne is in. We lose.

*edit after 3 runs scored* Shocking. I'm apparently a better manager than Yost. Seriously.. when is he going to figure out that Gagne = lots of runs = loss?

sirvasa70
09-01-2008, 03:56 PM
Gagne is in. We lose.

*edit after 3 runs scored* Shocking. I'm apparently a better manager than Yost. Seriously.. when is he going to figure out that Gagne = lots of runs = loss?

Riske to Gagne is just asking for a loss. Prince with another un-clutch performance as he strikes out...

Sportsfan486
09-01-2008, 03:57 PM
Riske to Gagne is just asking for a loss. Prince with another un-clutch performance as he strikes out...

Yeah. Never good when you get a leadoff double and all you can think is "****, Fielder is next."

sirvasa70
09-01-2008, 04:00 PM
Yeah. Never good when you get a leadoff double and all you can think is "****, Fielder is next."

Wow, there goes the side in order after a leadoff double. I have a bad feeling about this series.

Boston
09-01-2008, 08:55 PM
With all the help we just got for our bullpen, Ned still throws Eric ******* Gagne out there to pitch in the eight inning of a meaningful game. Go Ned Yost!

princefielder28
09-02-2008, 09:16 AM
Big Ben has a bit of a groin problem, hopefully nothing too serious

princefielder28
09-02-2008, 05:47 PM
Escobar and Gamel share minor league player of the year award in the organization

Jeffress wins minor league pitcher of the year in the organization

EvilMonkey
09-02-2008, 08:19 PM
Manny drives in a pair to get it to 5-3. Hopefully we can continue the comeback.

Boston
09-02-2008, 09:30 PM
Is Ned actually thinking about throwing Gagne out there again?

GB12
09-02-2008, 09:44 PM
Seriously Rickie? How did he get thrown out on that. He should have made it to second easily, if he was going full speed.

EvilMonkey
09-02-2008, 09:59 PM
prince is way too clutch......

princefielder28
09-02-2008, 10:00 PM
prince is way too clutch......

certainly has not been his strong spot this year

PackerLegend
09-02-2008, 10:00 PM
wow saw that 1 coming unfortunately. unless we see a homer or some magic looks like extra innings.

GB12
09-02-2008, 10:29 PM
I know he was having a good game at the plate, but you have to pinch hit for Weeks there.

PackerLegend
09-02-2008, 10:30 PM
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR **** this sucks

Boston
09-02-2008, 10:33 PM
Two key moments in the game that didn't surprise me at all.

1. Prince grounding into a DP after Braun's leadoff walk in the eighth inning.

2. Weeks striking out on a ball in the dirt with the game on the line.

princefielder28
09-02-2008, 10:37 PM
Rickie Weeks, how I hate thee

yodabear
09-03-2008, 09:21 AM
Rickie Weeks, how I hate thee

I can go deficate on the Brewers and specialize on Rickie Weeks.

princefielder28
09-03-2008, 11:23 AM
Changing it up a bit today

2B Rickie Weeks
SS J.J. Hardy
CF Gabe Kapler
LF Ryan Braun
RF Corey Hart
1B Mike Rivera
3B Bill Hall
C Jason Kendall
RHP Dave Bush

drowe
09-03-2008, 11:42 AM
Changing it up a bit today

2B Rickie Weeks
SS J.J. Hardy
CF Gabe Kapler
LF Ryan Braun
RF Corey Hart
1B Mike Rivera
3B Bill Hall
C Jason Kendall
RHP Dave Bush

good call. fielder needed a day or 2 off. and, rivera needs playing time. with 3 lefty pitchers in this series, i'd question NOT benching Fielder for a day.

yodabear
09-03-2008, 11:50 AM
good call. fielder needed a day or 2 off. and, rivera needs playing time. with 3 lefty pitchers in this series, i'd question NOT benching Fielder for a day.

Woah, but its not 2B, SS, LF, 1B, RF, CF, 3B, C, P WHERE DID NED GO? WE NEED HIM TO WIN!

drowe
09-03-2008, 01:53 PM
dave bush is a waste of cum.

wonder if the call ups will get some playing time now that this game is already in the shitter.

princefielder28
09-03-2008, 02:58 PM
Bill Hall is a piece of ****

princefielder28
09-03-2008, 03:13 PM
JJ goes deep! 6-2 Mets lead

Pacific
09-03-2008, 05:40 PM
I didn't get to see the game today (thankfully). Did Gamel or Escobar do anything?

princefielder28
09-03-2008, 07:56 PM
I didn't get to see the game today (thankfully). Did Gamel or Escobar do anything?

Escobar got a hit; Gamel struck out

princefielder28
09-04-2008, 07:27 PM
the absence of timely hitting really hurts

princefielder28
09-04-2008, 08:57 PM
playing like **** against the frickin padres

PackerLegend
09-04-2008, 11:22 PM
Wow I sure hope the Brewers wake the **** up and remember how to win because we aren't even close to making sure we end up in the playoffs. Why o why can CC not pitch every single game :(

AlexDown
09-04-2008, 11:36 PM
Prince, you took out your prediction of the Mets not making the playoffs pretty early. Why?

Bruce Banner
09-05-2008, 12:22 AM
Start tucking your shirts in! :D

EvilMonkey
09-05-2008, 12:41 AM
Start tucking your shirts in!

i really dont care about that. As a brewers fan, all i have to say is "Start beating awful teams!!!"

princefielder28
09-05-2008, 09:43 AM
Prince, you took out your prediction of the Mets not making the playoffs pretty early. Why?

changed my sig area; it has nothing to do with the Mets recent success, and I still stand by my prediction....we will see how this weekend goes

Boston
09-05-2008, 02:17 PM
If the Brewers miss the playoffs again this year, god forbid, and Ned isn't fired the day the season ends, Doug Melvin needs to be fired.

Pacific
09-05-2008, 02:28 PM
If the Brewers miss the playoffs again this year, god forbid, and Ned isn't fired the day the season ends, Doug Melvin needs to be fired.

That's a lot of ifs. I think we need a managerial change no matter what but we need to finish the season before we can start talking about it at this point.

Whistler6
09-05-2008, 05:26 PM
Wow... It really seems like we have a bunch of band wagon fans here. Whatever happened to saying "come on get 'em next game"??? They are 20 games over .500 my God.

Yeah I think Rickie should be benched, but Dave Bush a waste of cum? That was his first loss in a month..

EvilMonkey
09-05-2008, 05:27 PM
really dont see the point of it, but yeah, we signed mike lamb
http://blogs.jsonline.com/brewers/archive/2008/09/05/brewers-sign-lamb.aspx

Let's try to not get to excited now.........

princefielder28
09-05-2008, 05:27 PM
Wow... It really seems like we have a bunch of band wagon fans here. Whatever happened to saying "come on get 'em next game"??? They are 20 games over .500 my God.

Yeah I think Rickie should be benched, but Dave Bush a waste of cum? That was his first loss in a month..

Durham is starting tonight....no Rickie

Boston
09-05-2008, 09:28 PM
Wow. Eric Gagne again Ned. Great choice.

PackerLegend
09-05-2008, 10:51 PM
Thank the lord we barely beat one of the worst teams !

drowe
09-06-2008, 07:45 AM
seriously. when i die, i want it noted that i'd have 10 years left if it weren't for the Brewers.