PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee Brewers Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

princefielder28
04-17-2009, 08:51 PM
Todd Coffey where was this guy last year? He's pitching lights out. Every pitch is low and outside either a strike or a close ball that tails away at the end. Batters are whiffing at strikes...

He was with Cincinnati until the Brewers claimed him in September; he pitched well last September too.

GB12
04-17-2009, 08:51 PM
Todd Coffey where was this guy last year? He's pitching lights out. Every pitch is low and outside either a strike or a close ball that tails away at the end. Batters are whiffing at strikes...
He was only on the team for less than a month last year.

umphrey
04-17-2009, 09:11 PM
Another solid inning. I wasn't too worried, out of anyone I would have wanted Coffey in there against Wright with bases loaded.

umphrey
04-17-2009, 09:18 PM
If only we were playing last year's Mets team...we would have cracked 3 HRs off their bullpen by now.

princefielder28
04-17-2009, 09:21 PM
God, I hate Seth McClung

why is he in the game?

Whistler6
04-17-2009, 09:58 PM
Listening to some local radio shows, everyone is calling and making comments. Will Milwaukee make any deadline moves to acquire pitching, etc etc... Hate to say it, but I think Milwaukee will be one of the teams trading AWAY their talent for prospects this year.

The bullpen (Coffey aside) is absolutely brutal. The concessions should stop sellng burgers and brats at all Brewer games -- Straight Pepto Bismal

rumfinator
04-18-2009, 09:36 AM
God, I hate Seth McClung

why is he in the game?

He can be frustrating at times, but I would rather have him than Jeff Suppan in the starting line-up.....but there is absolutely nothing they can do with Suppan.

yodabear
04-18-2009, 11:55 AM
The bullpen (Coffey aside) is absolutely brutal. The concessions should stop sellng burgers and brats at all Brewer games -- Straight Pepto Bismal

NO!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to a Brewer game a week from Wednesday against the Pirates, u can beat the Pirates can't u? I MIGHT NEED MY 7TH INNING FOOD! Yovani is scheduled to pitch as of right now there, if u guys go Yo, Suppan, Parra, Looper, Bush. But u could skip some1 and make some1 else go that day. Don't do that, I want to curse Yovani.

princefielder28
04-18-2009, 02:17 PM
Rickie, forget how to catch a ball?

umphrey
04-18-2009, 05:46 PM
Looking at the box good game to miss...pitching duels are boring and Gallardo is awesome (almost bought his jersey)

Whistler6
04-18-2009, 08:57 PM
The Brewers are doing everything wrong at the right times, and everything right at the wrong time. They put up 6-7, but then give up 8-9. They pitch a full game and only give up 1 run, but then the hitters combine to be shut out. What the samhell is going on?!

umphrey
04-18-2009, 10:28 PM
Isn't that what Brewers baseball is all about? Hell we screwed up pretty bad going into the playoffs last year but just managed to limp in. To no ones suprise the guy who carried us was with the team for half a season. That's how we roll in Miltown. (to those about to quote me complaining about losing CC, I realize how impractical (impossible?) to resign him)

Whistler6
04-18-2009, 11:31 PM
Yes, limp along to finish last year they did...very hard to watch. I don't care what anyone says though, I have never enjoyed losing 3 of 4 more than I did last postseason. Best near sweep of my life.

umphrey
04-19-2009, 01:33 AM
I'm definitely not complaining. I may not be a Brewers fan today if that trade didn't go down. Before 2008 I never sat down and watched the Brewers nor cared what was going on with them. The Brewers drew my mild interest early 2008 for some reason, then when the CC trade happened I was excited/curious to see what happened. I watched as history was made, and even though we don't have much to show for it, it was definitely exciting to watch. I just think that, maybe if we didn't make that trade, I would have lost interest and not care about the Brewers at all like before. But now I am a big fan, I go to games whenever I get the chance and follow them very closely.

EvilMonkey
04-19-2009, 12:47 PM
try DiFelice in the rotation, put Suppan on waivers

princefielder28
04-19-2009, 12:52 PM
try DiFelice in the rotation, put Suppan on waivers

Unfortunately that's never going to happen. If the Brewers were looking to replace him in the rotation I think they'd give a test run to Tim Dillard or Nick Green from AAA.

Whistler6
04-19-2009, 12:54 PM
Watching Suppan pitch = "nausea, heartburn, indigestion, up set stomach, diarrhea, hey pepto bismal"
-Pepto commercial

I'm sorry, but I cannot stand seeing him not only IN the rotation..but at the top. He's getting payed so he has to pitch? NO, there has to be some younger talent who could make the jump.

During the WBC there was a guy from the Brewers system who pitched for Canada. He came in with the bases loaded an no outs against the USA, and preceded to strikeout 2 and end the inning scoreless. Anyone know who that was???????

rumfinator
04-19-2009, 01:18 PM
Watching Suppan pitch = "nausea, heartburn, indigestion, up set stomach, diarrhea, hey pepto bismal"
-Pepto commercial

I'm sorry, but I cannot stand seeing him not only IN the rotation..but at the top. He's getting payed so he has to pitch? NO, there has to be some younger talent who could make the jump.

During the WBC there was a guy from the Brewers system who pitched for Canada. He came in with the bases loaded an no outs against the USA, and preceded to strikeout 2 and end the inning scoreless. Anyone know who that was???????
http://www.baseball-reference.com/bullpen/2009_World_Baseball_Classic_(Rosters)#Canada

do you see him there?

GB12
04-19-2009, 02:23 PM
I told you guys that Mike Cameron was worth keeping.

GB12
04-19-2009, 02:34 PM
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/6211/121898_brewers_dodgers_baseball_large.jpg

What a stud.

Whistler6
04-19-2009, 02:51 PM
I told you guys that Mike Cameron was worth keeping.

He's off to a fast start, but without his 10 million per they could have went after some bullpen help. Coffey is boung to struggle sooner or later... There is just no one else.

princefielder28
04-19-2009, 02:57 PM
He's off to a fast start, but without his 10 million per they could have went after some bullpen help. Coffey is boung to struggle sooner or later... There is just no one else.

You were saying.....:)

Whistler6
04-19-2009, 02:58 PM
http://www.baseball-reference.com/bullpen/2009_World_Baseball_Classic_(Rosters)#Canada

do you see him there?

I could have sworn they said he was from the Brewers organization, but I guess not. It was Phillippe Aumont, who I guess is in the Mariners system. Either I heard the broadcaster wrong or I'm an idiot.

Whistler6
04-19-2009, 02:59 PM
You were saying.....:)

...Wow, I was sayyyying Coffey is going to win the Cy young.

GB12
04-19-2009, 03:05 PM
1) Who are these relievers that you think we could have gotten with that money that would help?

2) Not having Cameron would have made a big hole at center field and in our line up. There is no one that we could have gotten that'd come anywhere close to Cameron. The best centerfielder available was Willy Taveres. No way would I want him for an every day player and he'd still cost over 3 million per year.

Whistler6
04-19-2009, 03:17 PM
I think they were trying to trade for Melky Cabrera. A drop off in talent, yes. I'm not saying there are others better out than Cameron, I just mean the Brewers are handicapped as far as cap space goes now. Suppan 12 mil, Cameron 10, Prince 9, even Bill Hall... They can't make any moves if they want to.

I think the trading of Cameron would have soley been money-based.

GB12
04-19-2009, 03:22 PM
I think they were trying to trade for Melky Cabrera. A drop off in talent, yes. I'm not saying there are others better out than Cameron, I just mean the Brewers are handicapped as far as cap space goes now. Suppan 12 mil, Cameron 10, Prince 9, even Bill Hall... They can't make any moves if they want to.

I think the trading of Cameron would have soley been money-based.
You said that if we didn't have Cameron's salary we could have gotten more bullpen help. Who exactly would you have signed if we had the extra $8.5 if we traded Cameron for Cabrera?

Whistler6
04-19-2009, 03:32 PM
What do you want me to say? Okay I guess I didn't think about it enough, and I'm wrong?

My point is, the Brewer cap room is depleted and has increased since last season...yet they have not gotten better. I would have dangled Prince and/or Cameron for pitching prospect (eg. Matt Cain rumor). *Or made a move for Brian Fuentes who got 2 years / 17.5 million this offseason.

Do I know half as much as the Brewers front office? No absolutely not. They needed pitching, and addressing it with a Suppan/Bush-esque starter like Looper and a closer at the end of his career just isn't enough. I loved the Hoffman signing so I can't knock that move.

Sooo I guess your right, thankfully we kept Cameron and let's sit back and watch the Brewers try to out hit every opponent. Because we know they won't out pitch them.

GB12
04-19-2009, 03:39 PM
What do you want me to say? Okay I guess I didn't think about it enough, and I'm wrong?

My point is, the Brewer cap room is depleted and has increased since last season...yet they have not gotten better. I would have dangled Prince and/or Cameron for pitching prospect (eg. Matt Cain rumor).

Do I know half as much as the Brewers front office? No absolutely not. They needed pitching, and addressing it with a Suppan/Bush-esque starter like Looper and a closer at the end of his career just isn't enough. I loved the Hoffman signing so I can't knock that move.

Sooo I guess your right, thankfully we kept Cameron and let's sit back and watch the Brewers try to out hit every opponent. Because we know they won't out pitch them.
The payroll hasn't increased. It dropped by about $10,000.

Unfortunately because of the way the MLB is set up Braden Looper was the best option we could afford. I think we did a nice job on the bullpen for what we had to work with too. There isn't anyone else that would have been worth getting if he had that extra 10k.

That was my whole point. There was no place we could have spent the money better so I don't see the problem with keeping Cameron. Complain about the pitching all you want, there's not much we could have done differently to fix that.

Whistler6
04-19-2009, 03:42 PM
The payroll hasn't increased. It dropped by about $10,000.

Unfortunately because of the way the MLB is set up Braden Looper was the best option we could afford. I think we did a nice job on the bullpen for what we had to work with too. There isn't anyone else that would have been worth getting if he had that extra 10k.

That was my whole point. There was no place we could have spent the money better so I don't see the problem with keeping Cameron. Complain about the pitching all you want, there's not much we could have done differently to fix that.

I rode the Brewers bandwagon when they finished seasons 30 under .500, and I will ride them this season win or lose. My favorite season (more than last) was when they championed their way to 81-81 a couple years back. I will watch them the entire season regardless if they win 50-60-100 games

....There's not sugar coating it though, pitching will be their downfall if they struggle all year.

And I edited my last post, Fuentes was available.

GB12
04-19-2009, 03:50 PM
I rode the Brewers bandwagon when they finished seasons 30 under .500, and I will ride them this season win or lose. My favorite season (more than last) was when they championed their way to 81-81 a couple years back. I will watch them the entire season regardless if they win 50-60-100 games

....There's not sugar coating it though, pitching will be their downfall if they struggle all year.

And I edited my last post, Fuentes was available.
Not sure what that first paragraph relates to this discussion at all.

As for Fuentes, no thanks. I'd much rather have Hoffman at 1 year $6 million than Fuentes at 2 for $17.5. It's also very doubtful that we would have been able to get him for the same deal he gave the Angels. Fuentes is a slightly below average to average closer. We'd be getting better value out of Cameron for that money than Fuentes.

Whistler6
04-19-2009, 03:51 PM
"Last year, the Brewers began the season just over $80 million.

"The additions of pitcher CC Sabathia and infielder Ray Durham pushed the Brewers past $90 million at the end of last season, and it paid off with the National League Wild Card...and helped fuel ticket sales."

"Mark Attanasio is concerned that the team's payroll is stretched to the limit...Now, I'm at a little bit of a discomfort point on the payroll."

"Milwaukee's payroll could push past $90 million, a tough number to support in one of baseball's smallest markets."

http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090218&content_id=3846082&vkey=news_mil&fext=.jsp&c_id=mil

--They are strapped and can't make any moves if they wanted to...
was the only point I was trying to make. There won't be any deadline moves unless it's dumping vets for prospects.

Maybe the 1st paragraph in my last post doesn't relate, but whether we agree or disagree on moves they made, could have made, should have made, should not have made, etc (opinions) I will be following all season as a die hard fan.

GB12
04-19-2009, 03:58 PM
That was last year's payroll. We are back down to $80 million again this year. That is due to arbitration and simply inflation.

I also just realized I had been saying 10,000 in my previous posts. Obviously where I said thousand it's supposed to be million.

Whistler6
04-19-2009, 04:03 PM
The article is from 2/18/09 and says exactly what I posted.. The payroll could push past 90 million *this* season if the new signings meet their incentives. With Gagne being cut, that obviously drops a fraction.

Plus the younger guys all have expanding salaries.

princefielder28
04-21-2009, 09:50 PM
Prince sucks so much at the plate right now...

Ryan Braun, on the other hand, is starting to heat up.

Boston
04-21-2009, 09:50 PM
Dear Prince Fielder,

You hit 50 HR's two years ago, with an OPS over 1.000. It's time you realize that.

Thanks

PackerLegend
04-22-2009, 04:05 PM
Jorge Julio blows.... cant even strike out what a 40 some year old pitcher? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahh kill yourself!

princefielder28
04-22-2009, 06:40 PM
Cameron continues his steady start, big double!

princefielder28
04-22-2009, 07:01 PM
David Riske may be out for the year

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/43487497.html

He's been a waste of money

umphrey
04-22-2009, 08:31 PM
damnit I missed Looper play again...haven't seen him pitch yet this year

Whistler6
04-22-2009, 09:36 PM
David Riske may be out for the year

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/43487497.html

He's been a waste of money

It's really frustrating too because if you look at his numbers for the Royals before he came to the Brewers...They were pretty legit, especially for a club who was really bad.

There's something about the Brewers, a guy gets paid and forgets to "make" his money.

Gagne, Riske, Suppan, Hall, so far Fielder...

drowe
04-23-2009, 09:12 AM
Jorge Julio blows.... cant even strike out what a 40 some year old pitcher? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahh kill yourself!

yeah, it was pretty brutal to watch jaime ******* moyer score from third base wearing a ******* snuggie.

ok, it wasn't really a snuggie..but, when you're near 50 and have to take a light jacket with you to run the bases, it might as well be a snuggie.

drowe
04-23-2009, 09:13 AM
Ryan Braun, on the other hand, is starting to heat up.

yes, i did enjoy how Braun went from having a bad season to good season in 3 hours. batting average raised .78 points, homers tripled and RBI doubled.

Prince, on the other hand, needs to just suck it up and eat a god damned burger.

Whistler6
04-23-2009, 09:51 AM
yes, i did enjoy how Braun went from having a bad season to good season in 3 hours. batting average raised .78 points, homers tripled and RBI doubled.

Prince, on the other hand, needs to just suck it up and eat a god damned burger.

But, but, but...If he starts eating meat again then he has no excuse to fall back on.

"The soy patties just aren't giving me the pop I had with that BK Gibert Burger, but it's a personal choice"

EAT A STEAK AND HIT THE BALL!

drowe
04-23-2009, 10:14 AM
The Brewers just have meat issues in general.

We have our slugger first baseman, who watched his HR totals get cut nearly in half after he cut meat from his diet.

And we have our superstar Jew, who is forced to watch delicious pork products race around the field every home game.

someone447
04-23-2009, 11:51 AM

We have our slugger first baseman, who watched his HR totals get cut nearly in half after he cut meat from his diet.

And we have our superstar Jew, who is forced to watch delicious pork products race around the field every home game.

He became a vegan because of factory farmed animals? PRINCE FIELDER IS A HIPPIE!!!

drowe
04-23-2009, 12:55 PM
well, Ryan Braun's season has officially started.

awesome!

drowe
04-23-2009, 02:25 PM
8th inning. i love the silence in this thread. i completely understand.

Im_a_Romosexual
04-23-2009, 02:27 PM
Bill Hall keeping it alive!!!!

drowe
04-23-2009, 02:37 PM
RIP No-No.

still a great outing by Bush.

the_legend_killer
04-23-2009, 02:40 PM
The Lumberjack was damn good today. Great to see.

GB12
04-23-2009, 03:16 PM

I'm pretty sure Braun eats pork. I think the deal is that his mom is jewish, which makes him jewish too, but he doesn't really follow the religion.

drowe
04-23-2009, 03:33 PM
I'm pretty sure Braun eats pork. I think the deal is that his mom is jewish, which makes him jewish too, but he doesn't really follow the religion.

after the last few days, i'd eat braun's pork.

princefielder28
04-23-2009, 04:16 PM
I am very disappointed that I missed today's game because I was on a bus back to Green Bay, the Brewers won :)

Whistler6
04-23-2009, 04:19 PM
Fielder hit, Braun hit, and the pitching staff gave up 1 run... Picture perfect game. Can the Brewers keep this up for a full season?

Either way, nice win and 1st series win of the season. Not to mention it was against the defending champs on the road. Hopefully it's a momentum builder.

Packystan
04-24-2009, 02:54 PM
Fielder hit, Braun hit, and the pitching staff gave up 1 run... Picture perfect game. Can the Brewers keep this up for a full season?

Either way, nice win and 1st series win of the season. Not to mention it was against the defending champs on the road. Hopefully it's a momentum builder.

I completely agree. If we can get Braun, and Fielder to hit consistently, and get men on base if front of them, then we will have a dangerous offense. I'm just still hoping the pitching will stay at a consistent level throughout the season. Everyones had a great start besides Manny, which I'm assuming will get straightened out during the season, and Hoffman is coming back Sunday. So if ou asked me right now, I'm pretty optimistic, judging from the way they handled themselves in Philly. Now hopefully we can carry this momementum into the Houston series before we head back hom.

GB12
04-24-2009, 09:22 PM
Great game for Gallardo.

princefielder28
04-24-2009, 09:53 PM
Great game for Gallardo.

That was wonderful to see and it was nice to see the offense with production tonight as well. Team seems to be starting to gain momentum.

Boston
04-24-2009, 11:11 PM
Does Corey even know what he's swinging at? I know his plate discipline has never been good, but this is just embarassing.

Whistler6
04-24-2009, 11:53 PM
Does Corey even know what he's swinging at? I know his plate discipline has never been good, but this is just embarassing.

The embarassing part is the fact that he hasn't gotten any better since last year... He ended the season KNOWING what his problem was, and it doesn't seem like he's done anything to correct that. Hard to watch, but ahh what can ya do?

princefielder28
04-25-2009, 07:57 PM
Bill Hall three run homer to tie it!

Boston
04-25-2009, 08:00 PM
This last week has been good for the Brewers. Not just because we've been winning, but because our entire lineup is producing. We have a good team, they just need to realize that it's not all on their individual shoulders.

Boston
04-25-2009, 10:11 PM
Wow. This game has been absolutely amazing.

GB12
04-25-2009, 10:30 PM
Great Packers draft and a Brewers win.

drowe
04-26-2009, 07:20 AM
Great Packers draft and a Brewers win.

yes.

had the draft on one tv and the brewers on another. i imagine it was a similar set up to what heaven must be like.

Whistler6
04-26-2009, 07:44 AM
yes.

had the draft on one tv and the brewers on another. i imagine it was a similar set up to what heaven must be like.

I could watch the NFL draft and/or the Brewers endlessly. Love the heaven analogy.

Boston
04-26-2009, 02:14 PM
Brad Nelson should not have a bat in his hands. Ever.

princefielder28
04-26-2009, 08:48 PM
Brad Nelson should not have a bat in his hands. Ever.

Nelson needs to be removed and someone who can actually provide some ability off the bench should be added.

princefielder28
04-27-2009, 07:26 PM
Braun with another long ball and then Prince shows off the wheels...we just need people on in front of them

yodabear
04-27-2009, 08:08 PM
Ken Macha shoulda went cadawac on that umpire's ass. BTW, I will still be going to the game on Wednesday to see and curse Yo.

princefielder28
04-27-2009, 09:29 PM
What the hell is Corey swinging at?

princefielder28
04-27-2009, 10:24 PM
Trevor Hoffman is making his first appearance as a member of the Brewers! :)

Boston
04-27-2009, 10:43 PM
See, that's what our team has the ability to do on a consistent basis. That was an amazing inning of hitting right there. Just amazing.

princefielder28
04-28-2009, 09:21 PM
Rickie Weeks!!!!!!

He's improved quite a bit so far this season

princefielder28
04-28-2009, 09:48 PM
For the thousandth time, Brad Nelson needs to get out!

drowe
04-28-2009, 10:19 PM
first save for Hoffman. awesome win coming back from 5-1!

and, WTF, Rickie?!?!?

Boston
04-28-2009, 10:49 PM
Uh-oh, I think somebodies finally coming out of his shell.

And, am I reading this box score right...Corey Hart, with, 3 walks? I'm speechless.

Whistler6
04-28-2009, 11:51 PM
I am pessimistically optimistic... Back to .500, only 142 to games to go. Going to be a fun season to watch regardless.

JJ hardy where you at?!

drowe
04-29-2009, 11:07 AM
Chris Duffy is starting in place of Mike Cameron today.
Weeks
Duffy
Braun
Fielder
Hart
Hardy
Kendall
Gallardo

GB12
04-29-2009, 01:47 PM
Gallardo had a perfect game with two outs in the 5th before giving up a hit.

Still 5 scoreless innings, one hit, and 7 strikeouts so far though.

drowe
04-29-2009, 01:56 PM
now 9 Ks. we need to get this guy some freaking offense.
he deserves a W today.

GB12
04-29-2009, 02:20 PM
now 9 Ks. we need to get this guy some freaking offense.
he deserves a W today.
We need to get him one soon. He's over 100 pitches now. He can't go 7 scoreless innings with 9 strikeouts and get a no decission.

GB12
Holy ****! There you go.

princefielder28
Yo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

drowe
04-29-2009, 02:26 PM
yup. i forgot that Gallardo doesn't need the other 8 players to contribute. he'll just pitch a shutout AND provide the only offense.

CC Who?

princefielder28
04-29-2009, 02:43 PM
Yo's last 3 starts : 23 IP, 12 H, 2 ER, 25 K

WOW!

drowe
04-29-2009, 03:05 PM
get your brooms out!

the_legend_killer
04-29-2009, 03:49 PM
Yo, the one man wrecking crew. On the mound AND hitting.

drowe
04-29-2009, 04:06 PM
Mike Rivera to DL with a sprained ankle. corresponding roster move coming soon and it could be interesting.

could we see Angel Salome in Milwaukee????

the_legend_killer
04-29-2009, 04:08 PM
I heard Salome is struggling at AAA, could it be Corporan?

drowe
04-29-2009, 04:27 PM
I heard Salome is struggling at AAA, could it be Corporan?

probably the most likely solution.

but, is vinny rotino still around?

GB12
04-29-2009, 05:11 PM
I seriously doubt Salome will get called up. Jason Kendall will probably catch every game while Rivera's on the DL anyway.

yodabear
04-29-2009, 05:33 PM
I was there, Yo was amazing obviously.

princefielder28
04-29-2009, 07:00 PM
I seriously doubt Salome will get called up. Jason Kendall will probably catch every game while Rivera's on the DL anyway.

I agree with Kendall seeing the majority, if not all, of the playing time while Rivera is on the DL. McGehee has the ability to catch as well. I expect Iribarren to get the nod.

GB12
04-29-2009, 07:13 PM
I agree with Kendall seeing the majority, if not all, of the playing time while Rivera is on the DL. McGehee has the ability to catch as well. I expect Iribarren to get the nod.
I still think we'll bring up another catcher. I'd bet on Rottino sitting on the bench in Milwaukee again for 15 days.

GB12
04-29-2009, 07:36 PM
Carlos Corporan has been called up.

Boston
04-29-2009, 09:20 PM
I will still be going to the game on Wednesday to see and curse Yo.

So yeah...

Yovanni Gallardo > yodachu

If you took out the 3rd inning of the Reds game this year for YoGa, he would have an ERA of 1.33. That was actually harder than I thought it'd be to figure out...

Whistler6
04-29-2009, 10:18 PM
If Carlos V would have blown that save, I might have shown up at Macha's house and had a few things to say... Gosh he just doesn't look like a closer.

Great win though. I'm bummed to see Rivera go down. I really want him to start taking some starts from Kendall. Love the pop in his bat.

the_legend_killer
04-29-2009, 10:38 PM
Carlos Corporan has been called up.

Skadoosh. I'm looking forward to him getting a start or two to see what he can do.

yodabear
04-29-2009, 11:16 PM
Hot Dog has won 5 of the like 8 sausage races thus far, thats domination.

princefielder28
04-30-2009, 09:06 PM
Nice outing by Suppan tonight

Let's get some runs!!!!

princefielder28
04-30-2009, 10:10 PM
Another day, another brewers' win

Whistler6
04-30-2009, 10:11 PM
Jeff what was the key to your solid outting tonight?

Well, even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every once in a while...

the_legend_killer
04-30-2009, 10:56 PM
It's amazing how a team can play if it gets good starting pitching. Also, kudos to the DiFelice/Coffey/Hoffman trio for shutting it down.

Boston
04-30-2009, 11:14 PM
I hope to god that we can keep something close to this up throughout the season.

princefielder28
05-02-2009, 12:12 AM
Tough to lose late but the bullpen won't hold onto a lead every game

yodabear
05-02-2009, 02:15 AM
Tough to lose late but the bullpen won't hold onto a lead every game

Also tough when ya get a pretty terrible call.

rumfinator
05-02-2009, 10:18 AM
Also tough when ya get a pretty terrible call.

It was a combination for the horrible call and great hitting by a few diamondbacks...

sometimes it is just not going to fall our way. (even though it did)

princefielder28
05-02-2009, 06:59 PM
I don't like facing Haren :(

princefielder28
05-02-2009, 07:47 PM
Brad Nelson + Chris Duffy = major suck off the bench

GB12
05-02-2009, 07:54 PM
McGehee fail.

princefielder28
05-02-2009, 07:58 PM
McGehee fail.

Our regular bench players (Rivera, McGehee, Duffy, Nelson) are.....

8 for 51

princefielder28
05-02-2009, 08:35 PM
Way to end the game, awful baserunning by Cameron...we could've had two runners on and Ryan Braun at the plate

GB12
05-02-2009, 09:01 PM
Our regular bench players (Rivera, McGehee, Duffy, Nelson) are.....

8 for 51
I was talking about him throwing his bat twice in one plate appearance.

Whistler6
05-03-2009, 03:04 AM
Looking good in a loss is hard, but Looper was solid. If every one of his starts went that way I'd be a happy guy. Tough loss though...

princefielder28
05-03-2009, 11:44 AM
RF Corey Hart
SS J.J. Hardy
2B Rickie Weeks
1B Prince Fielder
CF Mike Cameron
LF Brad Nelson
3B Bill Hall
C Jason Kendall
RHP Dave Bush

Braun is out again today. I kinda like Weeks in the 3 hole, and let's hope Brad Nelson can show something positive today.

Whistler6
05-03-2009, 12:43 PM
Interesting lineup.. Braun is a guy that makes every other hitter better because of the way he gets pitched. They need to be patient and limit the K's huh?!

princefielder28
05-03-2009, 01:35 PM
Striking with the long ball!

Prince and Cameron, back-to-back

Boston
05-03-2009, 01:40 PM
Does our AAA lineup really suck that bad?

Whistler6
05-03-2009, 02:50 PM
Does our AAA lineup really suck that bad?

When Duffy and Nelson go from playing every day to spotty starts and pinch-hit at bats, I can imagine it's a totally different ball game. Gotta mess with there pysche atleast a bit.

Prince came up and starting spanking homeruns right away in the same kind of role, but these guys are young. Give them some time. Still, it's realllllllly hard to see them continue to put up 0-fer's.

Bush is hot, ouch.

Whistler6
05-03-2009, 02:51 PM
That's tough to see for Tom Gordon. Just coming off the DL and to get hurt again. I think his career is about done-zo.

princefielder28
05-03-2009, 03:45 PM
Hoffman sends the D'Backs 1-2-3

Brewers win!

the_legend_killer
05-03-2009, 03:51 PM
Hells Bells, across the sky.

Boston
05-03-2009, 04:48 PM
When Duffy and Nelson go from playing every day to spotty starts and pinch-hit at bats, I can imagine it's a totally different ball game. Gotta mess with there pysche atleast a bit.

Prince came up and starting spanking homeruns right away in the same kind of role, but these guys are young. Give them some time. Still, it's realllllllly hard to see them continue to put up 0-fer's.

Bush is hot, ouch.

There's a difference between struggling at the plate and looking completely lost...

EvilMonkey
05-03-2009, 05:20 PM
always liked Brad Nelson, hope he can pick it up. Would be a nice source of pinch-hit power if he can get his bat going at some point.

Whistler6
05-03-2009, 09:43 PM
There's a difference between struggling at the plate and looking completely lost...

Yeah definitely... But there's also a big difference between AAA and the Major League's. Nelson looks flat out terrible, but so does JJ Hardy. There's nearly 140 games left. I think it's too early to say a guy 'sucks'

I'm trying to be optimistic here!

drowe
05-04-2009, 04:29 PM
Braun is out again. not even with the team. he stayed in milwaukee for an MRI. negative. but the fact that he even had one isn't good.

bill hall starting in left. casey mcgahee starting at third.

gah. i feel like this is gonna be a DL situation at best...or at worst a nagging injury that holds him back all year.

the_legend_killer
05-04-2009, 04:31 PM
Hall in left? Why. That's a terrible call.

Whistler6
05-04-2009, 05:22 PM
If anything is positive about his injury, it's a good series for him to miss. It's early and they are playing a team they should beat (16 in a row and counting) even without Braun in the line-up.

It's kind of scary though, a back/rib injury might lingerrrr.. Ish

princefielder28
05-04-2009, 05:52 PM
Braun is out again. not even with the team. he stayed in milwaukee for an MRI. negative. but the fact that he even had one isn't good.

bill hall starting in left. casey mcgahee starting at third.

gah. i feel like this is gonna be a DL situation at best...or at worst a nagging injury that holds him back all year.

I think they should throw Braun on the DL and make sure it's 100% before considering throwing him back on the field. With the struggles of Duffy and Nelson it's tough enough to be without Braun, and if Braun would go on the DL we could call up someone that certainly can't do any worse than the two mentioned.

princefielder28
05-04-2009, 06:16 PM
Bill Hall looks like a natural in left

princefielder28
05-04-2009, 08:16 PM
Ryan Braun!!!!!

Boston
05-04-2009, 08:20 PM
How didn't Cameron score on a double to right?

princefielder28
05-04-2009, 08:23 PM
How didn't Cameron score on a double to right?

It wasn't a typical double. The Pirates had their outfield deep and Braun hit it into shallow right and made it second.

Boston
05-04-2009, 08:46 PM
WEEKS!!!!!!

princefielder28
05-04-2009, 08:49 PM
WEEKS!!!!!!

Clutch at bat...Pirates just can't beat the Crew

Boston
05-04-2009, 08:52 PM
I wonder what the lineup's going to look like when Braun comes back?

1. Corey Hart
2. JJ Hardy
3. Rickie Weeks
4. Ryan Braun
5. Prince Fielder
6. Mike Cameron
7. Bill Hall
8. Jason Kendalll
9. Pitcher

I hope we try this for at least a game, because I think it could be extremely effective.

GB12
05-04-2009, 08:56 PM
I wonder what the lineup's going to look like when Braun comes back?

1. Corey Hart
2. JJ Hardy
3. Rickie Weeks
4. Ryan Braun
5. Prince Fielder
6. Mike Cameron
7. Bill Hall
8. Jason Kendalll
9. Pitcher

I hope we try this for at least a game, because I think it could be extremely effective.
Ryan Braun should always bat third. I don't care how well Rickie is hitting right now, if Bruan is healthy that's his spot. Fielder hitting cleanup is similar too. He sets it up for the rest of our hitters. Maybe put Weeks 5th, but those two need to stay in their usual spots. With Cameron hitting so well too there isn't even really a need for that. Put Weeks back at leadoff with Braun starting.

Boston
05-04-2009, 08:58 PM
How do we go from Trenni Kusnierek to Telly Hughes?

drowe
05-04-2009, 09:15 PM
one of my favorite games of the year.

1-i wonder if ryan braun to a plane to pitt, or just used his cape and superpowers.
2-ken macha managed a perfect game. every decision he made contributed.
3-rickie weeks. that is all.

Whistler6
05-04-2009, 10:05 PM
How did Rickie gain 20 pounds of solid muscle in the 4 month offseason? Man he is thick.. I won't go there.

But yes, I miss Trenni as well

yodabear
05-04-2009, 10:06 PM
How do we go from Trenni Kusnierek to Telly Hughes?

She is having my babies, Not, I could only wish.

Whistler6
05-04-2009, 11:01 PM
Matt Laporta homered for Cleveland tonight..anyone care? Trade was still worth it. I've never enjoyed losing 3 of 4 in a near sweep than I did during that taste of the playoffs last year.

Boston
05-04-2009, 11:04 PM
Matt Laporta homered for Cleveland tonight..anyone care? Trade was still worth it. I've never enjoyed losing 3 of 4 in a near sweep than I did during that taste of the playoffs last year.

If any Brewers fan tells you they regretted that trade, chances are they're not a fan at all.

drowe
05-05-2009, 08:53 AM

yeah, i saw that and i did find it..significant. good for him. i hope he has a good career. really, the brewers are never gonna be lacking in the power hitting department.

no regrets. watching CC dominate for those 3 months last year was totally worth it. i mean...ya just can't say enough about how amazing he was.
and how intense he was. i'll always remember him screaming into his glove when he pitched a complete game on 3 days rest.

yeah! **** yeah!

badgerbacker
05-05-2009, 12:47 PM
How did Rickie gain 20 pounds of solid muscle in the 4 month offseason? Man he is thick.. I won't go there.

But yes, I miss Trenni as well
I think he's a little bigger, but I'm not buying the 20 pound weight increase. He's always been really thick for a middle infielder.

princefielder28
05-05-2009, 09:40 PM
Another win against the Pirates :)

15-12 record

yodabear
05-05-2009, 10:14 PM
Another win against the Pirates :)

15-12 record

Is it true the new ownership of the Pirates are named the Milwaukee Brewers.

the_legend_killer
05-06-2009, 12:14 AM
I hear Africa is checking into seeing if the Milwaukee Brewers could come over to Somalia and get rid of the Pirate problem.

princefielder28
05-06-2009, 07:02 PM
Why the hell did Rickie go home???

princefielder28
05-06-2009, 07:12 PM
Way to go JJ!!!

princefielder28
05-06-2009, 07:29 PM
Ryan Braun grand slam!

9-0!

princefielder28
05-06-2009, 11:01 PM
Prince added a homer late and the Crew dominates the Reds 15-3

YEAH!

drowe
05-08-2009, 01:29 PM
hehe. funny how nobody comments here after a loss.

would've been a good game to have..but, it was not to be. Looper didn't have it. and a 4 game road winning streak is just too much to ask for.

Boston
05-08-2009, 07:30 PM
Their really pushing this twitter thing hard, or Tweeter, as Telly calls it...

princefielder28
05-08-2009, 07:32 PM
Their really pushing this twitter thing hard, or Tweeter, as Telly calls it...

It is so annoying....ESPN pushes it so much too.

M.O.T.H.
05-08-2009, 07:35 PM
I just find it odd that it took Twitter so long to catch on. This was supposed to be the next big thing as soon as it first came out in 2006. Didnt hear anything about it for like 3 years after that. Now it's everywhere and you have basketball players twittering/tweeting/whatever during games. blah.

princefielder28
05-08-2009, 08:43 PM
JJ goes deep!!!!

princefielder28
05-08-2009, 09:20 PM
Brauny loves going up against the Cubbies

Boston
05-08-2009, 09:41 PM
I don't know who I love more right now: Hoffman or Braun?

That's what he does.

badgerbacker
05-09-2009, 08:16 PM
I love watching Seth McClung swing the bat.

the_legend_killer
05-09-2009, 08:22 PM
I love watching Seth McClung swing the bat.

But watching him toss the biscuit was pretty disappointing tonight.

the_legend_killer
05-09-2009, 08:39 PM
Craig "All That is Man" Counsell!!!

Oh, and Ryan Braun is alright too.

Boston
05-09-2009, 09:50 PM
Wow. People just don't throw Prince strikes anymore, at all.

I love how Macha sets his lineup according to how his players are playing. None of this robotic 2B SS LF, etc. lineup we had last year.

Whistler6
05-09-2009, 10:12 PM
God bless Craigory Counsell...But man, doesn't he just seem like the guy no one really wants to hang out?

Craig: Hey guys you wanna go out tonight, get some food, have a couple brews? Celebrate the big win?

Prince, Braun, Rickie: Ahh..umm..err it was a long day man I think we are laying low tonight.

Craig: Oh, that's okay, cool...Maybe next time I hit a homerun..

Guys: Yeah for sure buddy.

(JJ and Corey Hart join the other 3 at Prince's for the postgame. Counsell is watching his TIVO'd homerun over and over eating sushi in his crocs)

GB12
05-09-2009, 10:16 PM
You are severely underestimating Counsell's coolness.

Whistler6
05-09-2009, 10:19 PM

Yeah, your right. It's impossible to root against a guy who will come in, sign a short and lower paying contract, make spot starts at any position asked, PH when needed...AND never make a single complaint.

Picture perfect teammate. From a fan's point of view atleast.

princefielder28
05-10-2009, 01:30 AM

Counsell is a distant relative of mine and it is great to see him do well

princefielder28
05-10-2009, 01:20 PM
Rickie goes deep with the pink bat!

Boston
05-10-2009, 04:46 PM
I think Telly Hughes actually may be worse than Emmitt Smith...dare I say it.

Ricke Reek...

Whistler6
05-10-2009, 05:20 PM
I think Telly Hughes actually may be worse than Emmitt Smith...dare I say it.

Ricke Reek...

Well see, they were planning on hiring a much more qualified woman named Kate. But going from a Trenni to a Kate didn't provide the 'umph' a girl named Telly would.

Okay wow, lame. But I agree commmmpletely. She makes me uncomfortable just watching her short segments.

the_legend_killer
05-12-2009, 04:11 PM
According to the JS we signed Frank Catalanotto.

princefielder28
05-12-2009, 04:19 PM
According to the JS we signed Frank Catalanotto.

I don't know what the plans are for him but at this point he's a better option than Duffy or Nelson.

Whistler6
05-12-2009, 04:49 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4161827

It says he's a career .292 hitter, which sounds like a great addition. But it also says he was cut to make room for Andruw Jones who is struggling to hit .150, so I'm not sure what the deal is.

Seems like he could be a good option though because he's a utility guy who has also DH'd. It's pretty clear Nelson and Duffy can't be effective pinch hitters, not yet anyways, so. If he makes it to the Crew's major league team, I think he'll be pretty valuable.

Gabe Kapler kinda move possibly?

princefielder28
05-12-2009, 08:14 PM
Prince goes deep!

princefielder28
05-12-2009, 08:44 PM
Rickie w/ #8!!!

princefielder28
05-12-2009, 08:54 PM
It's great to see Prince get three hits against a lefty starter

princefielder28
05-12-2009, 09:31 PM
Mark DiFelice continues to be incredible.

princefielder28
05-12-2009, 09:37 PM
Cameron joins the homer fest!

the_legend_killer
05-12-2009, 09:39 PM
DiFelice has really established himself as a steady force in the bullpen.

Whistler6
05-12-2009, 10:05 PM
I like the way Stetter and DiFelice are starting to come in their own. Any stability in the Brewer's pen is HUGE...Especially since the pitching staff is supposed to be their weakness

Great win tonight, Hoffman continues to look great.

umphrey
05-13-2009, 01:34 AM
Bullpen has been impressive this year. Who's the guy everyone hates, Julio maybe? He's my least favorite but we don't have that one guy that catches all the blame it seems (I'm talking bullpen not starters, though they have been impressive too).

Whistler6
05-13-2009, 09:20 AM
Everytime Carlos V comes into the game I hold my breath like I did with Gagne/Turnbow... I like Villaneuva, but his pitches just look so hittable.

The only piece I wish the Brewers had in the pen was a fire-baller. Someone who throws 95 to offset all the 89mph heat our starters throw. Except Yo of course.

rumfinator
05-13-2009, 06:50 PM
Per Rotoworld

According to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, third-base prospect Mat Gamel is on his way to Milwaukee, presumably to be called up on Thursday.
Manager Doug Melvin would neither confirm nor deny the move, but the most likely scenario is that Gamel is replacing Brad Nelson (0-for-21) as the left-handed bat off the bench. The Brewers do have three interleague series coming up, so Gamel could fill in at DH next week. Melvin did say that Bill Hall is going nowhere, so the Brewers aren't making room at third base for Gamel.

If he is coming up to take the place of nelson....I dont care for the move.

If the move is to come up to DH and then back to the minors....I am fine with that.

umphrey
05-13-2009, 07:11 PM
I love bringing up Gamel. We need someone who can actually come off the bench and hit besides Counsell (Gamel is a very different type of hitter). We could keep him on the roster and try him out at 3B every 10 games or so. Bill Hall makes so many plays on defense I don't know if you can bench him. He is also hot with his bat right now. But eventually I could see us having a lot of success using Gamel against RHPs and Hall against LHPs.

Boston
05-13-2009, 07:29 PM
I love bringing up Gamel. We need someone who can actually come off the bench and hit besides Counsell (Gamel is a very different type of hitter). We could keep him on the roster and try him out at 3B every 10 games or so. Bill Hall makes so many plays on defense I don't know if you can bench him. He is also hot with his bat right now. But eventually I could see us having a lot of success using Gamel against RHPs and Hall against LHPs.

The only way we keep Gamel up for an extended period of time will be if he's starting on a daily basis, which he won't be. There's no point in keeping him around if he's just there to ride the bench.

princefielder28
05-13-2009, 08:04 PM
The only way we keep Gamel up for an extended period of time will be if he's starting on a daily basis, which he won't be. There's no point in keeping him around if he's just there to ride the bench.

The plan must be for him to see quite a bit of playing time because we only play in an American League park once for a couple of weeks and it would make sense to bring him up to DH.

princefielder28
05-13-2009, 08:24 PM
Rickie continues to produce...how awesome!

Boston
05-13-2009, 08:32 PM
I like the new feel the offense has this year. Last year you could pretty much tell when any given player was going to do something with the bat based on whether or not they're hot or cold. But this year it's almost like anytime a player goes 0-4 one game, they always come back and do something the next. Every player in our lineup is hitting the ball right now. It's great to see.

umphrey
05-13-2009, 10:02 PM
I'm shocked and really glad to see how well Rickie Weeks is doing. I always hated him but he looks for real. He's batting like you could put him anywhere in the lineup...1 or 2 to get on base or 3 or 4 to get the RBIs. Amazing.

However I do think the presence of Braun and Fielder is making everyone hit well right now. Pitchers would rather throw strikes to Rickie than one of those two.

the_legend_killer
05-13-2009, 11:09 PM
The only piece I wish the Brewers had in the pen was a fire-baller. Someone who throws 95 to offset all the 89mph heat our starters throw. Except Yo of course.

Don't McClung and Coffey bring some good sized heat?

Whistler6
05-13-2009, 11:15 PM
Don't McClung and Coffey bring some good sized heat?

Kinda..But not in a Fancisco Rodriguez or Marmol kinda way.

GB12
05-14-2009, 12:09 AM
Mat Gamel to Milwaukee, Brad Nelson DFA'd.

the_legend_killer
05-14-2009, 12:23 AM
Kinda..But not in a Fancisco Rodriguez or Marmol kinda way.

Or a Turnbow kinda way :).

drowe
05-14-2009, 08:31 AM
1-how do ya like your new team leader in home runs...Rickie Weeks?!?!? amazing game by him last night.

2-go look at the standings. it's a pretty sight.

3-I like the Gamel move. the bench is beyond bad. drastic measures needed to be taken. yes, it's better to have a prospect like Gamel getting playing time every day. but, this will ease him in. we weren't counting on him until 2010 anyway, so he'll have plenty of time to get ABs. bottom line. this team is playing too well to NOT take advantage of every opportunity to improve. this had to happen.

princefielder28
05-14-2009, 01:00 PM
Is there a plan for Willie Randolph to work on Gamel's defense like he has with Weeks???

drowe
05-14-2009, 01:17 PM
Is there a plan for Willie Randolph to work on Gamel's defense like he has with Weeks???

I would assume that there is.

princefielder28
05-14-2009, 01:46 PM
Prince goes deep again in the series!

drowe
05-14-2009, 02:04 PM
I don't understand the decision to let Bush bat. 2 runners on. 0 outs and he had pitched 6 mediocre innings. perfect spot for a pinch hitter...but, they let him strike out in 3 pitches. now, watch him implode in the 7th.

that was a Ned Yost style decision.

princefielder28
05-14-2009, 02:16 PM
I don't understand the decision to let Bush bat. 2 runners on. 0 outs and he had pitched 6 mediocre innings. perfect spot for a pinch hitter...but, they let him strike out in 3 pitches. now, watch him implode in the 7th.

that was a Ned Yost style decision.

It worked out for 'em. I think Macha saw that the bottom of the Marlins was due up and he wanted to go with Bush, whose pitch count wasn't high, instead of wasting a reliever.

princefielder28
05-14-2009, 02:37 PM
Well, Gamel strikes out in his first plate appearance

princefielder28
05-14-2009, 02:44 PM
http://boinc.berkeley.edu/w/images/thumb/2/2c/Broom_icon.svg/400px-Broom_icon.svg.png

Thanks for the visit Florida!

drowe
05-14-2009, 02:52 PM
nice series! hopefully they can keep the momentum going into st. louis.

the_legend_killer
05-14-2009, 02:52 PM
My goodness has Trevor Hoffman been 539 kinds of awesome.

Whistler6
05-15-2009, 05:34 PM
http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090514&content_id=4738330&vkey=news_stl&fext=.jsp&c_id=stl

'But first it's the Milwaukee Brewers, who are tied with St. Louis atop the National League Central. And who, honestly, are a little bit more fun to beat because of their flamboyant ways.

"Well, they've got a little flair about them that some people don't care for," said closer Ryan Franklin. "But that's just the way they are. So yeah, I think it would be more fun to beat them than it would be the Padres or something, just because of what they do after they beat you."

It's not that the Brewers are bad guys. It's not that this is the Red Sox and Yankees in the 1970s, when players were at one another's throats. But the Brewers are well known around the league to be a little showier about things than some other teams are. And dating back to late 2007, St. Louis and Milwaukee have had the occasional dustup.

The solution, of course, is to beat them.'

...Really? Ummm really?! I guess untucking your jersey after a win is pretty bush league these days considering K-Rod, Jaba, Zambrano, etc etc. My solution? Yo goes 8 strong and the Crew win 5-2. Do it.

princefielder28
05-15-2009, 05:40 PM
They're youthful and energetic...who cares if they get more excited over a win than the old, pieced-together Cardinals.

yodabear
05-15-2009, 10:45 PM
They're youthful and energetic...who cares if they get more excited over a win than the old, pieced-together Cardinals.

We aren't really that old. We just have a manger thats just stuck in the 1950s.

Boston
05-15-2009, 10:52 PM
Maybe the Cardinals enjoy beating us more because they weren't able to do it last year. Or maybe they don't like Ryan Braun watching his home runs, like Pujols does. Cardinals = Baseball Gods.

holt_bruce81
05-15-2009, 10:56 PM
Cardinals aren't old! Average age is 28 years old.

yodabear
05-15-2009, 10:59 PM
Maybe the Cardinals enjoy beating us more because they weren't able to do it last year. Or maybe they don't like Ryan Braun watching his home runs, like Pujols does. Cardinals = Baseball Gods.

We are only national league Gods, Yankees are the baseball Gods. We are the NL Gods. And we enjoy beating u guys cuz well, we don't like u. But we are in the same division, we aren't supposed to like u. But hey, if its between u and the Cubs, we cheer for ya.

princefielder28
05-16-2009, 07:52 AM
Cardinals aren't old! Average age is 28 years old.

With your injuries you guys may average that, but throw Glaus, Ankiel and Ludwick back in there and that goes up.

princefielder28
05-16-2009, 02:38 PM
Suppan with a nice start today, lowering his ERA to 4.63

Time for Trevvor to close it up

Whistler6
05-16-2009, 04:20 PM
What a great win.. They seem to be able to put up a lot of runs and win the 8-5 type games, and then they go the distance in a 1-0 game on the road. All around good performance.

Suppan is more lucky than he is good, but today he was def. hitting his spots.

GB12
05-16-2009, 06:19 PM
Damn, did not know it was a day game today.

Boston
05-16-2009, 07:35 PM
I hope we didn't disrespect the Cardinals by only scoring one run.

rumfinator
05-16-2009, 07:45 PM
We are only national league Gods, Yankees are the baseball Gods. We are the NL Gods. And we enjoy beating u guys cuz well, we don't like u. But we are in the same division, we aren't supposed to like u. But hey, if its between u and the Cubs, we cheer for ya.

I actually really like the Cardinals because they are competitive even with all the injuries. If I wasn't a brewer fan, I would be a cardinal fan.

holt_bruce81
05-16-2009, 08:02 PM
Sounded like a good game today. I always love watching a good pitching duel. Very upset that I had to miss it. Stupid Work.

yodabear
05-16-2009, 09:42 PM
I actually really like the Cardinals because they are competitive even with all the injuries. If I wasn't a brewer fan, I would be a cardinal fan.

Actually, I like u guys too, obviously I live most of the year in Milwaukee, and love going to Miller Park. Can't really complain when u guys do well. If u ever to win, u'd win with player development, a smaller market, it would be a lot of fun to see it happen. Cuz Milwaukee is a great place.

yodabear
05-16-2009, 09:45 PM
Sounded like a good game today. I always love watching a good pitching duel. Very upset that I had to miss it. Stupid Work.

It was a good one. Just one really good, hard hit ball hit on a pretty good pitch by Wainwright by Corey Hart. Also, a beautiful play by J.J. Hardy to save the shutout in the bottom of the 8th. A real good game. Tough one to take for Wainy cuz he only gave up two hits, but it happens sometimes.

Whistler6
05-17-2009, 12:29 AM
It was a good one. Just one really good, hard hit ball hit on a pretty good pitch by Wainwright by Corey Hart. Also, a beautiful play by J.J. Hardy to save the shutout in the bottom of the 8th. A real good game. Tough one to take for Wainy cuz he only gave up two hits, but it happens sometimes.

Hoffman scared me a bit today.. 2 of the 3 balls hit into play in the 9th were just missed by the Cardinals. Still, he closed it up.

I don't care if Pujols is 0-50 in his past 20 games, I would walk that guy ANY time 1st base is open.

yodabear
05-17-2009, 12:56 AM
Hoffman scared me a bit today.. 2 of the 3 balls hit into play in the 9th were just missed by the Cardinals. Still, he closed it up.

I don't care if Pujols is 0-50 in his past 20 games, I would walk that guy ANY time 1st base is open.

I kinda feel the same way about Ryan Braun, but we don't have Prince Fielder hitting behind our stud #3 hitter. But we have Todd Wellemeyer going tomorrow....Yodachu shakes head and cries

Whistler6
05-17-2009, 01:47 PM
All of the Brewer's runs in this series have been with 2 outs. That is just awesome.

What I love about Trevor Hoffman...He's going to blow his share of saves, but:

1) He throws strikes, strikes, and more strikes. The complete opposite of Gagne, Turn-blow, etc.

2) He keeps the ball DOWNNNN. Gagne's 92 mph fast ball seemed to always be belt high. No matter what Hoffman is throwing, he seems to be hitting "his" spot.

3) He's been there and done that. Experience is huge. He will never come into the game wide eyed and worked up thinking "Oh God I better not blow this"

...Also, kind of like the Packers. The Brewers have veteran coaches. Macha, Willie Randolph, all the guys have been doing it for a while and they know their stuff. I think that is very underrated.

The Packers have a chance to be much like the Crew this season with experienced coaches and a young core.

GB12
05-17-2009, 02:00 PM
Hope Weeks is ok.

And I think the hats the Cardinals are wearing look stupid.

princefielder28
05-17-2009, 02:29 PM
Hope Weeks is ok.

I just got home from work, what happened to Rickie?

Boston
05-17-2009, 02:32 PM
I just got home from work, what happened to Rickie?

Sore left wrist, I'm hoping it's just precautionary.

Whistler6
05-17-2009, 06:20 PM
If Rickie is out for a couple games guess who's there to step in? Craig Counsel. The guy has been doing it all, and is cleary brimming with confidence. Rest up Weeks, and come back when your completely ready.

Nice win today. Parra really gutted it out when he could have folded in the 6th.

yodabear
05-17-2009, 07:27 PM
Hope Weeks is ok.

We wear those on Sundays. Why? IDK, we feel like it. Or maybe since Todd Wellemeyer was pitching we felt like looking like a minor league team.

Whistler6
05-18-2009, 02:14 PM
Jason Kendall is 1 hit away from 2,000 for his career.

Come on kid, poke one out of the infield tonight and let's celebrate a sw...(shhh)... in style!

yodabear
05-18-2009, 02:45 PM
Jason Kendall is 1 hit away from 2,000 for his career.

Come on kid, poke one out of the infield tonight and let's celebrate a sw...(shhh)... in style!

U meant to say sweep. The word is sweep.

princefielder28
05-18-2009, 03:04 PM
Mat Gamel will make his first major league start tonight!

Whistler6
05-18-2009, 03:08 PM

Good, a Cardinals fan got it out of the way for me. The Brewers are really fortuneate to catch the Cards with injuries.. Should be a good battle the rest of the season. I hope.

drowe
05-18-2009, 03:41 PM
Mat Gamel will make his first major league start tonight!

TITS!

can't wait to watch.

drowe
05-18-2009, 03:42 PM
Good, a Cardinals fan got it out of the way for me. The Brewers are really fortuneate to catch the Cards with injuries.. Should be a good battle the rest of the season. I hope.

yeah..seems like the last few years, the Brewers have caught the Cardinals at their low point. we played them right after Josh Hancock died a few years ago and swept 'em.

GB12
05-18-2009, 03:56 PM
Tonight's lineup:

2B Craig Counsell
SS J.J. Hardy
LF Ryan Braun
1B Prince Fielder
CF Mike Cameron
RF Corey Hart
3B Mat Gamel
C Jason Kendall
RHP Braden Looper

Whistler6
05-18-2009, 04:13 PM
Tonight's lineup:

2B Craig Counsell 1-3, BB
SS J.J. Hardy 1-4, RBI
LF Ryan Braun 0-2, 2BB
1B Prince Fielder 1-3, 2B, 2RBI, BB
CF Mike Cameron 0-4, 2K
RF Corey Hart 2-4 RBI
3B Mat Gamel !!! 1-4, 3K, HR !!! =)
C Jason Kendall 2-3, 2,0001 career hits
RHP Braden Looper 0-2, Sac bunt

Hmmmmm...

yodabear
05-18-2009, 04:47 PM

I certnly hope so. I think we have more to worry about than the Crew. Carpenter being back on Wednesday will defntly help. However, I hope and pray Carp can be back and healthy. That will defntly help the rivalry if he can pitch healthly.

princefielder28
05-18-2009, 05:27 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/45348082.html

Rickie out for the year :(

the_legend_killer
05-18-2009, 07:02 PM
Fa-ack!!!!!!!

yodabear
05-18-2009, 07:52 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/45348082.html

Rickie out for the year :(

Okay, I was wrong. U guys may have to worry about some things. Although, u guys still have Craig Counsell. Don't know he can keep up his good play on an everyday basis, but he has been real good for u guys.

holt_bruce81
05-18-2009, 07:54 PM
As I said in the MLB thread.....Big congrats to Kendall on his 2,000th hit.

GB12
05-18-2009, 08:19 PM
Mother ****** that sucks. Weeks had completely turned it around and was killing this year. He would have been an allstar for sure had he not gotten hurt.

Counsell has been damn good in his utility role, but he is not an everyday player any more and his offense will greatly suffer from that.

This could mean that Gamel is up for good. We're going to need another bat, and he has just shown he can hit major league pitching. Might have to deal with the drop in defense to get a bat back in the lineup. Then Hall can move back to second base and platoon him with Counsell there instead of third. Irribaren could be brought up to take Counsell's role. Damn though, that really sucks for Rickie.

princefielder28
05-18-2009, 08:19 PM
Braun + Gamel = sexy!

princefielder28
05-18-2009, 08:56 PM
Gamel's defense doesn't look too bad

Boston
05-18-2009, 09:15 PM
Wow. This is pretty much the definition of bittersweet. Why the **** does Rickie have such bad luck?

Boston
05-18-2009, 09:48 PM
Come on Craig, this really isn't the night to go 0-5.

Whistler6
05-18-2009, 10:43 PM
This was my prediction, not the actual line

Tonight's lineup:

2B Craig Counsell 1-3, BB
SS J.J. Hardy 1-4, RBI
LF Ryan Braun 0-2, 2BB
1B Prince Fielder 1-3, 2B, 2RBI, BB
CF Mike Cameron 0-4, 2K
RF Corey Hart 2-4 RBI
3B Mat Gamel !!! 1-4, 3K, HR !!! =)
C Jason Kendall 2-3, 2,0001 career hits
RHP Braden Looper 0-2, Sac bunt

Hmmmmm...

So was I right about Gamel or was I right??? Jk, lucky guess. Great to see some pop from him though. Braun is simply amazing. And congrds J-Ken!

Boston
05-19-2009, 12:23 AM

Good call there.

Packystan
05-19-2009, 01:42 PM
I admittingly was one of the many who thought Rickie was a complete bust, and was often calling for his head. I couldn't have loved to be proven so wrong as I was this year by Rickie's outstanding start to the season, as he was poised to score 100+ runs and drive in 100+ rbi's. I was crushed by then news that he would be out for the year, as I felt that he and Utley were clearly the two best 2nd basemen in the NL this year. Fortunately, I feel like our great coaching staff will keep this team motivated, and realize that we still have a great offense and many offensive options to try and keep this thing rolling hopefully without missing a beat.

People seem to want to equate Gamel and Braun. Both are outstanding hitters with no natural defensive position at the big league level, although it seems Braun is really starting to come into his own in left. IMO, Gamel is Ryan Braun V. 2.0. He may not be able to put up the power numbers Braun will, but he's a doubles machine, and there is no denying the guy can flat out rake. I dont know if anyone noticed, but he got jammed on that home run last night, so just imagine what he can do when he gets full extension.

Let's remember that Braun arrived on May 25th, committed 26 errors hit 34 HR and was ROY. If Gamel really turns out to have Braun-like production (and defense) he'd hit over 35 Hr and drive in over 100 runs (he'd be playing an extra week though). I think I could live with the errors.

The team as a whole is better defensively than in 2007, so the errors would not be as much of a problem. Plus, Gamel might have saved a couple of runs with his great stop and then given the runs back with his error, so defensively he's even.

GB12
05-19-2009, 03:33 PM
People seem to want to equate Gamel and Braun. Both are outstanding hitters with no natural defensive position at the big league level, although it seems Braun is really starting to come into his own in left. IMO, Gamel is Ryan Braun V. 2.0. He may not be able to put up the power numbers Braun will, but he's a doubles machine, and there is no denying the guy can flat out rake. I dont know if anyone noticed, but he got jammed on that home run last night, so just imagine what he can do when he gets full extension.

Let's remember that Braun arrived on May 25th, committed 26 errors hit 34 HR and was ROY. If Gamel really turns out to have Braun-like production (and defense) he'd hit over 35 Hr and drive in over 100 runs (he'd be playing an extra week though). I think I could live with the errors.
No way he comes close to Braun. In the history of the game very few have ever started their careers as well as Braun has. It's crazy to expect Gamel to do that.

Whistler6
05-19-2009, 06:05 PM
20-5 in their last 25 games. That is incredible. Solid starts, timely hitting, patience and taking walks, bullpen pulling through, lucky bounces, etc...You name it, the Brewers have gotten it.

Still, after sweeping the Cards they go straight down to Houston for 3 games and straight back up to Minnesota for 3 games. I hope they can keep up the pace they are at, but would be *completely* happy with a 3-3 record in that stretch.

Oh and Buster Olney's ESPN article says the Brewers aren't looking outside their organization for help after Weeks went down. Not big news, but interesting to see how this all plays out.