PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee Brewers Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25

Whistler6
08-03-2009, 08:34 AM
Hart was placed on the DL due to a laparoscopy and Bill Hall is back.

FML...I hate Bill Hall with such a passion

EvilMonkey
08-03-2009, 06:35 PM
Hart was placed on the DL due to a laparoscopy and Bill Hall is back.

and starting in RF tonight.....

princefielder28
08-03-2009, 11:20 PM
Coming into tonight I didn't like our chance given the pitching matchup but I can live with a 6-1 lead

GB12
08-04-2009, 12:00 AM
Holy crap. Did that turn ugly fast.

2 ERs in 8 innings - great start by Manny
5 ERs in 8+ innings - not so much

Boston
08-04-2009, 12:01 AM
Holy crap. Did that turn ugly fast.

2 ERs in 8 innings - great start by Manny
5 ERs in 8+ innings - not so much

It's only 4 ERs for Parra, the 5th is Hoffman's. I kind of wish we would have used DiFelice or Stetter to get through this inning.

GB12
08-04-2009, 12:04 AM
Oh, right. But holy **** if we lose this one.

drowe
08-04-2009, 10:06 AM
so glad i went to bed when i did last night. it was 6-1 and i counted it as a win. woke up and found out it was ugly. glad i didn't have to see that crap.

and really. HUGE win with such an unfavorable pitching matchup. of course that means we lose tonight with a favorable pitching matchup. haha.

princefielder28
08-04-2009, 11:34 PM
What a brutal game to watch

princefielder28
08-05-2009, 10:14 AM
I love that Prince wanted to knock off Mota's head after the game. There was absolutely no reason for Mota to throw at Prince. The Dodgers said they were protecting Manny but during Manny's "hit by pitch" he's lucky if the ball caught a button on his jersey.

princefielder28
08-05-2009, 09:36 PM
Braden starts this game off crappy again

Boston
08-05-2009, 09:43 PM
Braden starts this game off crappy again

You say that like you're surprised.

princefielder28
08-05-2009, 09:47 PM
You say that like you're surprised.

Not at all...Looper's one year experiement in Milwaukee started off decent but being away from Dave Duncan has hurt his performance too much.

drowe
08-06-2009, 12:55 PM
shocking. no suspension for Fielder. I'm really surprised

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/brewers.html

princefielder28
08-06-2009, 12:59 PM
shocking. no suspension for Fielder. I'm really surprised

i'm more surprised that Mota was only fined. what prince did was inappropriate but in the end he didn't hurt anyone but himself and his image. Mota, on the other hand, used the baseball as a "weapon" and hammered Fielder with a fastball.

princefielder28
08-07-2009, 02:59 PM
Jesus Colome called up; RJ Swindle picked up by Tampa

princefielder28
08-07-2009, 09:16 PM
same ****, different day

cvv84
08-08-2009, 12:48 PM
Should be an interesting offseason seeing that we're going to go into next year with the same pitching as this year.

cvv84
08-08-2009, 08:04 PM
Can Manny Parra really blow an 8-1 lead???? Bottom of the 5th and the Astros have the bases loaded with 0 outs...

Boston
08-08-2009, 09:12 PM
Can Macha take Parra out an inning before he implodes just one time? Confidence is everything with young pitchers like Parra...

princefielder28
08-09-2009, 12:25 AM
It's hard to believe with a win tomorrow that we'd have a winning road trip...go get 'em Yo!

the_legend_killer
08-09-2009, 06:08 PM
Ryan Braun '09 = The Anti-Clutch. Seriously, has the guy got a clutch hit all season?

cvv84
08-09-2009, 08:55 PM
Ryan Braun '09 = The Anti-Clutch. Seriously, has the guy got a clutch hit all season?

Meh. That called strike was off the plate. But he's made some clutch hits this year.

princefielder28
08-09-2009, 10:25 PM
Meh. That called strike was off the plate. But he's made some clutch hits this year.

Right, it's unfair to place blame on Cameron or Braun for their lack of "clutchness" at the end of the game. Cameron's strike three call was bad but Braun's may have been one of the worst calls I have ever seen, especially one to end a game.

rumfinator
08-10-2009, 01:47 PM
Well, JJ Hardy was put on waivers. We will see if anyone claims him or his passes through and we can trade him for some pitching.

We will probably not get a major league ready pitching prospect and maybe we can land a good pitching prospect with high upside.

badgerbacker
08-10-2009, 01:51 PM
Anyone else pumped about the return to Milwaukee for the Weatherman??

cvv84
08-11-2009, 12:29 PM
Next for Padilla: Who knows?
Two NL teams, believed to be the Dodgers and Brewers, are "kicking the tires" on right-hander Vicente Padilla, who was designated for assignment by the Rangers.

A trade, however, remains unlikely; any team interested in Padilla can simply wait for him to clear waivers, knowing the Rangers will be responsible for the remainder of his $12 million salary.

A more assertive club could include money and/or a marginal prospect to entice the Rangers into making a deal. It's doubtful, however, that any team would be so motivated. As one rival GM points out, the Rangers were so disgusted with Padilla's conduct, they purged him in the middle of a pennant race.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/9919850/Dodgers-almost-had-dream-

Melvin has to be kicking himself for not obtaining some veteran pitching over the offseason.

cvv84
08-11-2009, 07:06 PM
Melvin went on record today stating that they never requested waivers on J.J. Hardy.

cvv84
08-11-2009, 07:20 PM
HR Mike Cameron!! 1-0 Brewers. Kind of odd to be in front after the 1st inning for a change.

cvv84
08-11-2009, 07:32 PM
HR Mike Cameron!! 1-0 Brewers. Kind of odd to be in front after the 1st inning for a change.

...and just like that the Padres get back to back HRs off Looper to take a 2-1 lead. You just can't make this stuff up.

princefielder28
08-11-2009, 07:33 PM
...and just like that the Padres get back to back HRs off Looper to take a 2-1 lead. You just can't make this stuff up.

Looper loves the long ball

cvv84
08-11-2009, 08:29 PM
Something's up with Lopez. He's let 2 grounders roll right past him. I wonder if he tweaked or pulled something because he should have been able to stop at least 1 of those.

princefielder28
08-11-2009, 08:40 PM
Something's up with Lopez. He's let 2 grounders roll right past him. I wonder if he tweaked or pulled something because he should have been able to stop at least 1 of those.

yeah, there's gotta be something because he's too athletic to let both ball go by.

cvv84
08-11-2009, 08:46 PM
yeah, there's gotta be something because he's too athletic to let both ball go by.

Or at least a dive. Either way it cost us a run. 3-2 Padres with Claudio Vargas warming in the pen...

princefielder28
08-11-2009, 08:48 PM
Looper has struggled for the past two months with his command and keeping the ball down and he continues to give up hit after hit

cvv84
08-11-2009, 08:51 PM
Kendal rushes the throw on a bunt. The ball bounces in front of McGehee and rolls into left field. Intentional walk to load the bases with 0 outs. Looper is out, Vargas is in. Buckle up, this could get rocky.

cvv84
08-11-2009, 09:03 PM
7-2 Padres. Bases loaded again with 0 outs. Goodnight Milwaukee.

princefielder28
08-11-2009, 09:19 PM
The Brewers never make that play, the ball always falls.

cvv84
08-11-2009, 09:21 PM
Bill Hall with a 2 run HR? :eek:

drowe
08-12-2009, 11:04 AM
ummmmmmmmm.......

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/53044452.html

JJ Hardy sent to Nashville. Escobar called up

and, Castro was fired.

really?!?!? Hardy to Nashville?!?!?! wtff.

cvv84
08-12-2009, 11:11 AM
ummmmmmmmm.......

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/53044452.html

JJ Hardy sent to Nashville. Escobar called up

and, Castro was fired.

really?!?!? Hardy to Nashville?!?!?! wtff.

Looks like the end of Hardy in Milwaukee. Honestly though, Macha has been mis-using Hardy all season. Put him in the 2 hole and the guy can hit.

drowe
08-12-2009, 11:20 AM
Looks like the end of Hardy in Milwaukee. Honestly though, Macha has been mis-using Hardy all season. Put him in the 2 hole and the guy can hit.

yeah, if there ever was a doubt, Hardy has no future in Milwaukee. Well, at least this adds SOME interest to the last 6 weeks of the season.

Also, i approve of Chris Bosio.

cvv84
08-12-2009, 11:25 AM
yeah, if there ever was a doubt, Hardy has no future in Milwaukee. Well, at least this adds SOME interest to the last 6 weeks of the season.

Also, i approve of Chris Bosio.

It definetly adds interest but they should have traded him before the deadline. Its going to be hard to get value for him now after a subpar season compared to his last 2 years. I still have to blame Macha though and his numerous lineups. If Hardy batted 2nd all season I think he would've been more productive and given us a better trading chip after the season seeing Escobar is ready and Hardy starts to get expensive as he nears free agency.

cvv84
08-12-2009, 11:28 AM
Now, the Brewers are announcing they have designated infielder/outfielder Bill Hall for assignment and are calling up OF Jason Bourgeois from Class AAA Nashville.

Bill Hall is gone! I can't see him accepting assignment again and nobody is going to trade from him and that salary.

princefielder28
08-12-2009, 11:33 AM
Bill Hall is released!

Wow, cleaning house today. Just one more person to go...

http://media2.620wtmj.com/sportscentral/macha1-103008.jpg

badgerbacker
08-12-2009, 11:35 AM
I really don't think you can blame Macha. JJ is a professional baseball player, and you have to be expected to perform no matter where you are put in the lineup.

The thing I'm most interested about is whether or not Macha is going to start stealing bases now that we're moving up Escobar. His speed is a big part of his offensive value.

princefielder28
08-12-2009, 11:38 AM
I really don't think you can blame Macha. JJ is a professional baseball player, and you have to be expected to perform no matter where you are put in the lineup.

The thing I'm most interested about is whether or not Macha is going to start stealing bases now that we're moving up Escobar. His speed is a big part of his offensive value.

I'm not blaming Macha for Hardy's struggles but Macha's decision making has hurt the team this year. Managing in the NL has been a tough adjustment for Ken and not having top tier pitching has been a problem for him too. Art Howe went through the same struggles when he left Oakland and went to the NL.

cvv84
08-12-2009, 11:42 AM

He's not utilizing his personel. Hardy was a .280 hitter who averaged 25 HRs and 75 RBIs as the #2 hitter the past 2 seasons. Hardy isn't an offensive force but when he's getting fastballs in front of Braun/Fielder he produced.

the_legend_killer
08-12-2009, 02:28 PM
Hardy's batting a whopping .210 at the 2 hole this year, besides, of the players on the team, Counsell is the best hitter to have in the #2 hole, although I wouldn't doubt Escobar being inserted there for his contact hitting and speed. JJ was gone at the end of the year anyways, this just speeds up getting Escobar some at-bats in the big show. As far as Hall, good riddence, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what Jason Bourgeois can do, I think he'll be in a platoon with Cat in right.

With Castro, he was a nice guy and had been with the organization for a while, but the changes needed to be made. Bosio worked wonders for Parra, maybe he can do so for some others. Either/or, it'll jostle the Crew into doing something, whether it's fading into oblivion (Which they were doing already) or winning more of these very winnable games). Either way, I'm REALLY looking forward to tonight's game now and going to the game tomorrow.

cvv84
08-12-2009, 02:35 PM
Hardy's batting a whopping .210 at the 2 hole this year, besides, of the players on the team, Counsell is the best hitter to have in the #2 hole, although I wouldn't doubt Escobar being inserted there for his contact hitting and speed. JJ was gone at the end of the year anyways, this just speeds up getting Escobar some at-bats in the big show. As far as Hall, good riddence, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what Jason Bourgeois can do, I think he'll be in a platoon with Cat in right.

With Castro, he was a nice guy and had been with the organization for a while, but the changes needed to be made. Bosio worked wonders for Parra, maybe he can do so for some others. Either/or, it'll jostle the Crew into doing something, whether it's fading into oblivion (Which they were doing already) or winning more of these very winnable games). Either way, I'm REALLY looking forward to tonight's game now and going to the game tomorrow.

And how many games has Hardy batted in the 2 spot? Macha has flopped his lineup all season trying to find a combination. The only consistants were Braun/Fielder.

the_legend_killer
08-12-2009, 02:47 PM
JJ has more at-bats at the #2 hole than in any other spot in the lineup this year.

drowe
08-12-2009, 02:48 PM
and, how have i never heard of that Jason Burgous dude? They randomly talked about him during the pre-game yesterday and his stats were eye popping...and now he's presumably our starting right fielder. brewerfan.net doesn't even have him in the power 50.

WHERE DID HE COME FROM?!?!?!

princefielder28
08-12-2009, 02:50 PM
and, how have i never heard of that Jason Burgous dude? They randomly talked about him during the pre-game yesterday and his stats were eye popping...and now he's presumably our starting right fielder. brewerfan.net doesn't even have him in the power 50.

WHERE DID HE COME FROM?!?!?!

The White Sox

cvv84
08-12-2009, 03:00 PM
JJ has more at-bats at the #2 hole than in any other spot in the lineup this year.

That doesn't mean anything. He has 124 ABs batting 2nd compared to 247 batting 5th-9th. Thats 50% of his ABs compared 25% last year and 3% the year before that. What else ya got?

the_legend_killer
08-12-2009, 03:11 PM
That doesn't mean anything. He has 124 ABs batting 2nd compared to 247 batting 5th-9th. Thats 50% of his ABs compared 25% last year and 3% the year before that. What else ya got?

He sucked wherever he batted this year, that's what I got. Get what you can with him in the offseason and move and have this team actually try to get people who aren't content to have good power, but bat .240 (Hardy, Cameron, Hart).

cvv84
08-12-2009, 03:19 PM
He sucked wherever he batted this year, that's what I got. Get what you can with him in the offseason and move and have this team actually try to get people who aren't content to have good power, but bat .240 (Hardy, Cameron, Hart).

You have to keep your lineup consistant. Hardy batted consistantly the past 2 years in the 2 hole and produced. Its common sense - or at least one would think.

the_legend_killer
08-12-2009, 03:25 PM
You have to keep your lineup consistant. Hardy batted consistantly the past 2 years in the 2 hole and produced. Its common sense - or at least one would think.

True, but with his struggles this year and Escobar doing very well in AAA the writing was on the wall. Trust me, I like JJ and really wished he could do well, but he didn't and something needed to be done. It's obvious that Alcides is the future and Hardy isn't (Feels weird saying that since a few years ago he was), but the time has come to see what we have with Alcides and hope in the offseason we can get a good starter with him the offseason.

princefielder28
08-12-2009, 03:27 PM
There's plenty of blame to go around but as bad as it sounds we need to forget about JJ Hardy for the moment because our top prospect is now in the majors and it's time for him to live up to the hype...In Alcides We Trust....

the_legend_killer
08-12-2009, 03:32 PM
To amend a popular Brewer chant..............."Alcides makes me......Hardy!"

Packystan
08-12-2009, 04:10 PM
He's not utilizing his personel. Hardy was a .280 hitter who averaged 25 HRs and 75 RBIs as the #2 hitter the past 2 seasons. Hardy isn't an offensive force but when he's getting fastballs in front of Braun/Fielder he produced.

I completely agree. JJ Hardy is a fastball hitter, period. When he was slotted in the 2 spot, he knew he was going to get a healthy portion of fastballs throughout the AB, because nobody wants to face Braun/Fielder with men on base. Now you take him out of the 2 spot and slot him in the 6th and 7th he's not going to get many pitches to hit, especially when he gets behind in the count because the back end of the lineup has been pretty much nonexistent. Overall though, Im not upset with the move. I dont think Escobar is gonna come up here and hit .230 for one, you dont lose anything defensively except maybe Hardy's consistency, and when it comes to speed its like tortoise and hare. So hopefully he can go down there and tear up Triple A pitching so when the winter meetings roll around, he can draw a good young arm to go along with YoGa.

Billy Hall... I guess there really was nothing else he could offer the organization. He did have a 2 run homer last night, but he's never been able to put together a string of good consistent hitting. He's a serviceable infielder, but you can only be given so many chances to prove yourself until the organization just says enough is enough. Maybe he just needs a change of scenery or something, I dont know. Best of luck to him though, he's a great guy, and great in the community but at this point with the team he was just a defensive replacement.

Im excited to see what Alcides can do at the highest level. The guy is an absolute whiz with the glove, he has a decent OBP, and when on base he wreaks havoc. Which leads to my questions for you guys. How much PT do you think Macha will give him, and if in the lineup, where do you guys think they'll slot him? In his normal 2 spot that hes played in AAA, or move him down in the lineup to take pressure off of him?

the_legend_killer
08-12-2009, 04:12 PM
I think Macha will throw him right into the fire, starting at SS and hitting in the #2 hole. As I've said before, if Counsell isn't starting, the team's options at the second spot are terrible. Give him the shot to play all the time, what's left to lose?

Packystan
08-12-2009, 04:19 PM
I think Macha will throw him right into the fire, starting at SS and hitting in the #2 hole. As I've said before, if Counsell isn't starting, the team's options at the second spot are terrible. Give him the shot to play all the time, what's left to lose?

I agree. I think you throw in Lopez and Escobar at the top of the lineup, you got two guys that can get on base and move themselves into scoring position for the 2 studs which will lead to more runs.

Oh, Escobar not in the lineup tonight. :(

cvv84
08-12-2009, 04:37 PM

He's not starting tonight but he will start tomorrow. What pisses me off is that they said he will play against lefties. I mean WTF?!?! Play him everyday if you're call him up!

PACKmanN
08-12-2009, 05:11 PM

what is JJ's contract? we have a lot of young pitchers, maybe we can get a deal done.

cvv84
08-12-2009, 05:32 PM
what is JJ's contract? we have a lot of young pitchers, maybe we can get a deal done.

He's arbitration eligable for 1 more season. He agreed on a $4.65 million contract for this season. This was likely his last season as a Brewer even before the season started because he wants to play SS and the Brewers had Escobar in the wings.

the_legend_killer
08-12-2009, 05:48 PM
He's not starting tonight but he will start tomorrow. What pisses me off is that they said he will play against lefties. I mean WTF?!?! Play him everyday if you're call him up!

Exactly. I like Counsell as much as anyone you'll find, but Escobar needs to play everyday.

princefielder28
08-12-2009, 09:22 PM
Bullpen sucks again :(

EvilMonkey
08-12-2009, 09:30 PM
Bullpen sucks again :(

incorrect. "again" implies they stopped sucking at some point and started over again....

the_legend_killer
08-12-2009, 10:28 PM
Cameron, another guy who hopefully is gone after the year. But yeah, Braun's "place discipline" in his last at-bat was pretty bad. Like I've said earlier, he's turning into the Anti-Clutch this year.

cvv84
08-13-2009, 07:49 AM
After trying to trade for him before the deadline, the Brewers have reportedly put in a waiver claim on Doug Davis.

the_legend_killer
08-13-2009, 08:05 AM
Yep, but JSonline.com is reporting that a deal isn't likely, if Arizona didn't get something they liked they could always just pull him back.

cvv84
08-13-2009, 09:27 AM
Cameron, another guy who hopefully is gone after the year. But yeah, Braun's "place discipline" in his last at-bat was pretty bad. Like I've said earlier, he's turning into the Anti-Clutch this year.

Geez dude, do you expect everyone to come through in the clutch every game? Cameron is having a solid year and has been a gold glove defender all season. If you're going to dog Braun then why aren't you calling out McGehee for swinging at the 1st pitch with the bases loaded? We don't have the pitching to hold leads like we did last year.

cvv84
08-13-2009, 10:36 AM
BREWERS
2B Felipe Lopez
3B Craig Counsell
LF Ryan Braun
1B Prince Fielder
CF Mike Cameron
RF Jody Gerut
C Mike Rivera
LHP Manny Parra
SS Alcides Escobar

princefielder28
08-13-2009, 10:39 AM
BREWERS
2B Felipe Lopez
3B Craig Counsell
LF Ryan Braun
1B Prince Fielder
CF Mike Cameron
RF Jody Gerut
C Mike Rivera
LHP Manny Parra
SS Alcides Escobar

I actually like the lineup. It indirectly tests to see if Escobar could handle the leadoff position, and by placing him at 9 it takes off alot of pressure of batting leadoff.

cvv84
08-13-2009, 01:36 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOWWWW!! Prince hits a towering shot to CF. They call it a 465' shot but it looked farther.

cvv84
08-13-2009, 01:44 PM
Mike Rivera with a 3 run jack! 4-0 Brewers

Esobar's 1st AB is a ground out to deep short.

cvv84
08-13-2009, 01:56 PM
Braun with a 2 run HR!! 6-0 Crew

cvv84
08-13-2009, 02:03 PM
Gerut doubles in Mike Cameron. 7-0 Brewers as the Padres go to the pen.

cvv84
08-13-2009, 02:08 PM
Mike Rivera with a 3 run jack! 4-0 Brewers

Make it a double! Rivera just hit another HR. 9-0 Crew

Rivera is 2-2, 2 HRs and 5 RBI so far in the 3rd inning.

Boston
08-13-2009, 02:17 PM
Mike Rivera > Ryan Braun, Prince Fielder

cvv84
08-13-2009, 02:52 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOWWWW!! Prince hits a towering shot to CF. They call it a 465' shot but it looked farther.

Prince makes it a double too! His 2nd solo shot.

cvv84
08-13-2009, 03:00 PM
Escobar is 0-3 so far but he's make good contact on each swing. He grounded out to short, 2nd, and a flyout to left.

cvv84
08-13-2009, 03:13 PM
Padres are still hammering the ball. 11 hits and they just hit 2 HRs in the 6th inning off Parra. Luckily its 11-6 but come on....

cvv84
08-13-2009, 04:12 PM
This is pathetic. Its 12-9 Brewers but the Padres just aren't going away. The tieing run is at the plate with 2 on in the 8th inning. If the Brewers blow this one Macha needs to be fired immediately. There is NO WAY you can manage your pitching staff like this...

cvv84
08-13-2009, 04:25 PM
Brewers were up 9-0 at one point yet here in the 9th its Hoffman coming in for the save.

Boston
08-13-2009, 08:14 PM
I want to see Macha take Parra out before he implodes, just once.

umphrey
08-13-2009, 09:57 PM
We finally sold off our under performing vets like I said we should have 3 weeks ago. Oh well just glad it's happening. Here's what we need to do - keep Prince and Braun for as long as possible, try to maintain a core of Escobar, Weeks, McGehee, Gamel, catching prospect, OF prospect, and sell sell sell for starting pitcher prospects.

princefielder28
08-13-2009, 10:46 PM
The offense has a huge day and the pitching staff almost manages to blow it; it's like i've seen that before.

the_legend_killer
08-14-2009, 07:31 PM
Brewers starting out decent......

Boston
08-14-2009, 07:32 PM
Holy ****. Did we really just score eight runs in an inning? In the first inning? I'm in shock right now.

GB12
08-14-2009, 07:44 PM
Braun does it again

Boston
08-14-2009, 10:59 PM
I hope Rivera starts getting more starts. He deserves it over Kendall and his .598 OPS, at least for the time being.

cvv84
08-15-2009, 07:53 PM
Mike Burns! 6 innings, 2 hits, 6k's so far. Top and bottom of the order getting it done.

princefielder28
08-15-2009, 10:34 PM
Nice win tonight, 3 in a row!!!!

cvv84
08-16-2009, 02:53 PM
Prince with his 30th HR of the season!

cvv84
08-16-2009, 02:59 PM
Escobar grounds to 2nd with the bases loaded but his speed beats out a potential double play. With that he gets his 1st career RBI and the Brewers take back the lead 5-4.

princefielder28
08-16-2009, 03:44 PM
David Weathers, you are no use for this team

Boston
08-16-2009, 04:16 PM
Wasn't there a time when our bullpen wasn't complete trash?

princefielder28
08-17-2009, 10:30 PM
another night, another poor pitching performance

fielder is really good

cvv84
08-17-2009, 10:39 PM
another night, another poor pitching performance

fielder is really good

Same thing night in night out with our pitching. Prince has been really fun to watch this year. He's really transforming into a complete player. Unfortunately for us its more that likely 1 more season at the most with him in a Brewers uniform.

cvv84
08-18-2009, 01:55 PM
Brewers promoted prospect Brett Lawrie to Double-A Huntsville. The 19-year-old catcher-turned-second baseman batted .275/.347/.456 with 13 homers, 65 RBI and 19 stolen bases in 105 games for low Single-A Wisconsin this season. The Brewers were so encouraged by the 2008 first-round pick's progress that they had him skip the Class A Advanced level altogether. Look for him in the Arizona Fall League.

Nice to see him developing. I think we could see him in another 1-2 years if he keeps on track.

the_legend_killer
08-18-2009, 02:27 PM
Good to hear Lawrie's doing well. Although now I have next to no reason to go to another T-Rats game this year :(.....................except for dollar beer and hot dog's!

cvv84
08-18-2009, 06:30 PM
Prince ties it up with his 32nd HR. Man oh man is this guys having some season.

cvv84
08-19-2009, 05:42 PM
Bill Hall traded to the Mariners for pitcher Ruben Flores. The Brewers will pay most of the remaining money owed to Hall but they will end saving $1.3 million in the end.

princefielder28
08-19-2009, 07:35 PM
Bill Hall traded to the Mariners for pitcher Ruben Flores. The Brewers will pay most of the remaining money owed to Hall but they will end saving $1.3 million in the end.

Being able to save money is the important part

cvv84
08-19-2009, 07:43 PM
Being able to save money is the important part

It sucks when you look at a guy like Hall and think, that could have been $20 million towards keeping Prince.

the_legend_killer
08-19-2009, 07:52 PM
What's the club record for double plays grounded into in one game?

princefielder28
08-19-2009, 07:52 PM
Alcides is faaaaaaaast

but then another double play :(

the_legend_killer
08-19-2009, 08:44 PM
This. Is ******* pathetic.

princefielder28
08-19-2009, 08:46 PM
FIRE MACHA!!!! Please

umphrey
08-20-2009, 04:43 PM
Hall traded to the Mariners for a scrub and roughly $1.75 M of his $15.2 M contract over the next 2 years.

cvv84
08-21-2009, 06:11 PM
Prince. Need a say more??

cvv84
08-21-2009, 06:20 PM
Ughh Looper... Need I say more...

princefielder28
08-21-2009, 10:36 PM
Finally got a victory....thank god!

Whistler6
08-22-2009, 03:05 PM
If we don't sweep the Nationals...I believe the Brewer's playoff hopes are over. They are hovering at .500 and hanging tough, but I don't think I see them squeaking in.

They compete day in and day out though, all I can ask for.

GB12
08-22-2009, 03:06 PM
If we don't sweep the Nationals...I believe the Brewer's playoff hopes are over.
They've been over for a while.

cvv84
08-22-2009, 08:36 PM
8-6 Brewers in the 3rd inning. Nats just hit a gland slam against Burns. How many runs do we need to win?!?!?

princefielder28
08-22-2009, 08:58 PM
8-6 Brewers in the 3rd inning. Nats just hit a gland slam against Burns. How many runs do we need to win?!?!?

As many as Narveson is gonna give up :(

cvv84
08-22-2009, 08:59 PM
As many as Narveson is gonna give up :(

So far 2. Tie game now. Unfuckingbelievable...

Whistler6
08-22-2009, 09:05 PM
They've been over for a while.

You bite your tongue...Giving up a 7-0 lead happens all the time in the MLB.

=\

cvv84
08-22-2009, 09:25 PM
Casey McGehee breaks the tie and blops one to center. 9-8 Brewers.

cvv84
08-23-2009, 11:52 AM
Suppan coming back Tuesday. Bush coming back Thursday.

princefielder28
08-23-2009, 12:36 PM

Oh boy! Can't wait! haha

cvv84
08-23-2009, 12:51 PM
Pathetic start for the Brewers... Sloppy play so far.

Whistler6
08-23-2009, 01:09 PM

Maybe Suppan can be bench support. Keep him out of the rotation PLEASE. God I wish he would just put up a couple solid months so we can dump him to a contender.... Next season maybe

cvv84
08-23-2009, 01:11 PM
Parra getting shelled yet again.

princefielder28
08-23-2009, 01:11 PM
OUCH! Manny is getting hammered

cvv84
08-23-2009, 02:09 PM
Well at least Escobar got his 1st career HR.

EvilMonkey
08-23-2009, 07:02 PM
please put everyone on waivers and just see if you can get any pieces for next year.....

princefielder28
08-24-2009, 04:02 PM
Cameron has made far too many of those mistakes this year....

Boston
08-25-2009, 07:48 PM
Thank god Soup's back, maybe now we can make a run...

cvv84
08-26-2009, 12:13 PM
Well there officially goes the white flag.

Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports the Brewers have placed all-time saves leader Trevor Hoffman, among others, on waivers. Outfielder Mike Cameron, infielder Craig Counsell, catcher Jason Kendall, right-hander Braden Looper and second baseman Felipe Lopez have also been made available. As Rosenthal notes, interested clubs have until Thursday at 1 p.m. EST to make a claim. Hoffman, who has 27 saves and a 1.89 ERA, is likely to draw the most interest. Every playoff-bound team is looking to add another reliable bullpen arm.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/9985054/Sources:-Hoffman-among-Brewers-on-waivers

princefielder28
08-26-2009, 03:38 PM
There's no doubt that it's a smart move to see what you can get for some of these players. I think the team could get a decent return for Hoffman becaise teams want bullpen arms sooo much and if a team thinks Trevor is the piece to their bullpen then they may be willing to sacrifice more.

GB12
08-26-2009, 07:59 PM
Should have done that weeks ago.

princefielder28
08-26-2009, 08:56 PM
Look at it go!

cvv84
08-26-2009, 08:57 PM
Look at it go!

Makin' it rain!

cvv84
08-26-2009, 10:02 PM
Im tempted to head down to Milwaukee and see if they'll give me a contract to pitch. I mean I have to be better than Vargas, right?

cvv84
08-27-2009, 01:22 PM
Prince with a 3 run shot! 35th HR and 115th RBI of the year,

princefielder28
08-27-2009, 01:58 PM
Prince with a 3 run shot! 35th HR and 115th RBI of the year,

I never wanna see him leave :(

cvv84
08-27-2009, 03:03 PM
This series is a reflection of how our season has gone.

cvv84
08-28-2009, 07:31 PM
Another great start tonight. Lets hope it ends better than last night.

cvv84
08-28-2009, 07:48 PM
Wow. Same **** different day.

cvv84
08-28-2009, 09:02 PM
8 runs. Is it enough??

princefielder28
08-29-2009, 08:05 AM
8 runs. Is it enough??

thankfully it was

it was nice to see escobar contribute offensively and braun is one from 100

Whistler6
08-30-2009, 10:14 AM
Thank god Soup's back, maybe now we can make a run...

April Fool's... HAHA good one. I was rolling around after that joke. Kidding, but seriously. The only person I hate watching pitch more than Suppan is Parra when he's throwing his curve/fastball belt high and slow-as-mud-Vargas. Hate is a strong word. How about petrified.

It's a shame too, because if Milwaukee was anywhere near contention right now Prince would *def* be in the MVP race if not at the top. Saying Pujols falls of the map....

Whistler6
08-30-2009, 10:16 AM
Gotta give credit to the fans though, they continue to fill Miller Park. Rather be a Brewer fan then hop on a Rockie or Tampa Bay bandwagon with 2 weeks left in the season.

cvv84
08-30-2009, 02:26 PM
Suppan working a tightrope today but is getting saved by all these inning ending double plays. How much longer until he emplodes?

princefielder28
08-30-2009, 08:09 PM
yay! we swept the pirates!

yodabear
08-31-2009, 12:21 AM
It's a shame too, because if Milwaukee was anywhere near contention right now Prince would *def* be in the MVP race if not at the top. Saying Pujols falls of the map....

I would not mind one bit if Prince wins it, as long as Prince keeps up his terrific season, and there is no reason to think he won't. However, I will have a problem with Tom Handicourt or whoever that moron was for the JS who picked Pujols 7th last season due to his team finishing 4th. Well, using that logic, Handicourt should not have Prince winning it this season. If he does, I will go off on him. Calling for a firing and petitioning some1 to get his vote taken away from him. But once again, it doesn't really matter to me, I'd much rather have the Cards win the WS than Pujols win another MVP, but that would be such a hypocritical ass move of him if he were to do that.

GB12
08-31-2009, 12:42 AM
I would not mind one bit if Prince wins it.
I would. It should be Pujols and it's not even close. If Pujols was not an option it should be Fielder and it wouldn't even be close. That really just shows how far ahead of the pack Pujols is.

princefielder28
09-01-2009, 08:16 PM
Braden continues his suckyness

princefielder28
09-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Ken Macha making bad decisions??? NO WAY!!!!

Whistler6
09-02-2009, 07:47 AM
I would not mind one bit if Prince wins it, as long as Prince keeps up his terrific season, and there is no reason to think he won't. However, I will have a problem with Tom Handicourt or whoever that moron was for the JS who picked Pujols 7th last season due to his team finishing 4th. Well, using that logic, Handicourt should not have Prince winning it this season. If he does, I will go off on him. Calling for a firing and petitioning some1 to get his vote taken away from him. But once again, it doesn't really matter to me, I'd much rather have the Cards win the WS than Pujols win another MVP, but that would be such a hypocritical ass move of him if he were to do that.

There's a pretty good chance you will get both this year...But yes Handicourt voting Pujols 7th, especially what he did with who was around him, was ridiculous

yodabear
09-02-2009, 10:20 AM
Braden continues his suckyness

U guys I think kinda got screwed last night. That was strike 3 to Ludwick in the 6th. A dumbass fan of ours prolly cost Counsell a base I think on his double in the 8thish. Those were a couple things I can remember. Franklin gave me some pains.....

cvv84
09-04-2009, 07:23 PM
3 steals for the Brewers in the 1st inning! Is that Ken Macha in the dugout??

cvv84
09-04-2009, 09:17 PM
Shotty defense costs the Brewers again. Suppan had a good outing going too.

princefielder28
09-04-2009, 09:45 PM
Shotty defense costs the Brewers again. Suppan had a good outing going too.

very pleased to see Suppan pitch well

Whistler6
09-04-2009, 10:32 PM
Ughhh. What else is there to say?

cvv84
09-04-2009, 10:36 PM
Sloppy defense, 1st pitch swinging, Brewers loss.

princefielder28
09-06-2009, 03:42 PM
turned a triple play!!!!

Pacific
09-06-2009, 04:25 PM
turned a triple play!!!!

One among many great defensive plays today.

Boston
09-06-2009, 05:26 PM
So I'm pretty sure that was the best walk-off celebration I've ever seen.

yodabear
09-06-2009, 05:59 PM

I am sure at least one team will have a problem with it.

cvv84
09-06-2009, 05:59 PM

http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz26/cvv84/Prince.jpg

Whistler6
09-06-2009, 07:09 PM
66-70, out of the playoff race, pitching has been a mess, hitting is either on or wayyyy off.... But I would not trade this team for any other.

Seeing full grown men getting paid millions of dollars, yet still completely enjoying their job when playing for basically pride - Makes my day.

Na month, na makes my season!

princefielder28
09-06-2009, 07:28 PM

Prince = GOD

Boston
09-06-2009, 07:46 PM
I am sure at least one team will have a problem with it.

Yeah, but does anybody really care about the Cardinals?

Whistler6
09-06-2009, 10:51 PM
Yeah, but does anybody really care about the Cardinals?

Why didn't you eliminate them Al-bert?

BloodBrother
09-07-2009, 07:52 AM
That celebration was awesome. Was laughing when I watched it live

cvv84
09-07-2009, 01:49 PM
The Brewers aren't even making Carpenter work. 31 pitches to Bush's 48 through 3. Too much 1st pitch swinging going on lately.

cvv84
09-07-2009, 03:27 PM
Carpenter 1 hits the Brewers. We need to start ridding ourselves of some of these guys. They're a bunch of free swingers with no patience at the plate. Bush pitched pretty well for the little time he had to sit in the dugout. At least Gamel will be up and get regular playing time.

princefielder28
09-07-2009, 03:50 PM
Carpenter 1 hits the Brewers. We need to start ridding ourselves of some of these guys. They're a bunch of free swingers with no patience at the plate. Bush pitched pretty well for the little time he had to sit in the dugout. At least Gamel will be up and get regular playing time.

yeah, really an embarrassing performance even if Carpenter is one of the better pitchers in the game.

Whistler6
09-07-2009, 07:08 PM
I'm just going back over games when CC was doing that to opposing teams last season... Helps the hurt a little bit.

Whistler6
09-08-2009, 06:11 PM
I was making the trek across WI back to Oshkosh for school today and I heard a few things on the radio. On SIRIUS XM Mad Dog radio, he was going off about how pissed the Giants were about Prince's celebration.

Under .500 and playing for pride, I say celebrate your tail off. Plus, they had 12 innnings to score and didn't. Random and pointless post, but I remember the Cardinals having issues with the Crew ''untucking'' soo. Whateverrrr.

Because they celebrated as a team, I think it was awesome.

princefielder28
09-08-2009, 09:26 PM
Ummmm, Prince Fielder, need i say more?

Whistler6
09-08-2009, 10:13 PM
8 pitchers in 9 innings? Yeesh. They better start warming up JJ and Mcgehee for tomorrow. Who else can they throw?

the_legend_killer
09-08-2009, 10:22 PM
Poo........

Whistler6
09-10-2009, 04:49 PM
I just got letters in the mail from the entire pitching staff and half the field players... Macha decided on email instead.

=|

Whistler6
09-21-2009, 09:50 AM
The drive for .500 is on. A little let down over this year's results? Yeah, but they are still competing.

Watching/listening to local sports shows...A lot of people are saying Doug Melvin will listen to offers for Fielder and that they "should" trade him. I disagree. Maybe it's because of this season, but he's one of the top 3-4 feared hitters in the National League

drowe
09-21-2009, 10:56 AM
The drive for .500 is on. A little let down over this year's results? Yeah, but they are still competing.

Watching/listening to local sports shows...A lot of people are saying Doug Melvin will listen to offers for Fielder and that they "should" trade him. I disagree. Maybe it's because of this season, but he's one of the top 3-4 feared hitters in the National League

yeah, they're playing very well right now. i went to the game yesterday. it was fun. got to see prince hit is 40th and yovanni strike out his 200th. awesome.

princefielder28
09-21-2009, 01:36 PM

They need to pay Prince, not trade him. I know we need pitching but get that by trading JJ or some of the higher prospects.

drowe
09-21-2009, 02:17 PM
They need to pay Prince, not trade him. I know we need pitching but get that by trading JJ or some of the higher prospects.

i completely agree. pay the man.

trade Gamel. i'm comfortable trusting third base to casey mcgehee for the foreseeable future.

trade Gamel and Hardy for pitching. sign another mediocre .500 pitcher as a free agent. we'll have 2 new starters, yo and looper...and suppan and bush. we can piece a decent rotation together without even thinking of trading King Fielder.

Boston
09-21-2009, 02:23 PM
As long as we have Fielder and Braun we'll always have a chance. All we need to do is work on the rotation, and we could have a good team for next year.

drowe
09-21-2009, 02:39 PM
As long as we have Fielder and Braun we'll always have a chance. All we need to do is work on the rotation, and we could have a good team for next year.

having McGehee at third base all year will be big too. we couldn't buy production from that position for the first half of this year.

big question is...who will be the starting catcher?

princefielder28
09-21-2009, 03:49 PM
having McGehee at third base all year will be big too. we couldn't buy production from that position for the first half of this year.

big question is...who will be the starting catcher?

I think Mike Rivera with Salome as the backup. I wish Lucroy could be ready to go next year but I'm not sure that'll be the situation.

Whistler6
09-21-2009, 05:22 PM

YES. Prince and Braun = Heart and soul of the team...They go, so goes my excitement for the Brewers.

I don't know who else they could trade that would bring a solid starting pitcher to the team, but please please please keep the core of this team together.

Yovanni, Braun, Fielder are not to be touched!

umphrey
09-21-2009, 08:40 PM
I agree I've been of the opinion that we should hold on to Fielder and Braun like glue and get pitching, pitching, and more pitching.

yodabear
09-22-2009, 08:02 PM
Absolutely hang onto Prince. I have heard the same things u have said by many, but as a Cardinal fan I wanna see Prince as far from Milwaukee as possible, but I would hang onto Fielder. I would love to say the Cardinals can play the way they have for years and years, but with Fielder and Braun, the Crew have a chance to compete, and I don't think the Cards can rely on Pineiro to have another career year if he is even there next season, Holliday to be back, and yes Chris Carpenter staying healthy. Obviously the Brewers got to get some starting pitching, but going back to the beginning of my babbling, Crew should hang onto Fielder.

GB12
09-22-2009, 09:04 PM
Not really a let down. .500 is where this team should be realistically. Expectations got a little high when we were doing so well earlier in the season.

Like the chance we have this year? Without good pitching we can't win. To get good pitching you have to give up good players in a trade. We do not have the money to sign good pitching as free agents. The best we can do on the market is get another Suppan or Looper.
Prince is a great player, and it'd be awesome to keep him around for his entire career, but people have to stay realistic. Unfortunately being a small market team is a huge disadvantage in baseball and it's going to hurt us in this situation. We do not have the kind of money it takes to sign Fielder to an 8 year deal that he's going to want. Take a look at Sabathia's offers. The Yankees outbid us by $61 million! Sure you can say the situations are a bit different, but you can't deny that there are going to be teams that will be willing to pay Fielder a hell of a lot more than what we can offer. And don't even think about a hometown discount, because with Scott Boras as his agent that's not happening. If we were a team like the Yankees, or Tigers, or Angles, then yeah it's no question to lock up Fielder, but we aren't.

I think the best thing to do is to get the best pitching we can for Hardy, maybe Hart or McGehee and make a run for 2010. Then trade Fielder before 2011 for a big haul. Everyone saying that we need to pay Prince is dreaming. You need to accept the fact that it cannot and will not happen.

Boston
09-22-2009, 11:32 PM
Like the chance we have this year? Without good pitching we can't win. To get good pitching you have to give up good players in a trade. We do not have the money to sign good pitching as free agents. The best we can do on the market is get another Suppan or Looper.

Yeah, but that's assuming our pitching is even somewhat competent. Right now, there are three team in the MLB that have a worse team ERA than the Brewers: the Indians, the Nationals, and the Orioles. Their combined winning % is .381. When you compare that to the Brewers % of .490, it kind of puts that into perspective. Even the three teams just above the Brewers: Mets, Pirates, and Royals all have a combined winning percentage of .407.

It doesn't matter what kind of lineup you have, no team is going to do anything with the pitching staff we have. The fact that the Brewers are still hovering right around .500 is a feat in itself.

Whistler6
09-23-2009, 12:10 AM
I love Prince and want Milwaukee to hang on to him for dear life... But look at a guy like Tori Hunter. He's making 18 million this season.

Different players completely, but you can't tell me several teams won't try to break the bank for Fielder if he ever reaches the open market. Trading might be the only option to get any value.

Okay enough of that. If he can keep his weight down and continue to improve in the field and at the plate like he has, I HOPE he never leaves.

umphrey
09-23-2009, 12:25 PM
Any news on our prospects- pitchers, catchers, center fielders?

Boston
09-23-2009, 12:36 PM
Any news on our prospects- pitchers, catchers, center fielders?

http://brewersfandemonium.yuku.com/topic/12293/t/Organizational-Pitching-Stats-Hitting-Stats--Depth--Position.html

Go wild

princefielder28
09-23-2009, 09:44 PM
Chris Narveson with 10 Ks in 5.2 innings....WTF?

drowe
09-24-2009, 08:36 AM
Chris Narveson with 10 Ks in 5.2 innings....WTF?

why do i get the feeling that that outing is gonna haunt us for years?

"nah, we don't need to get a free agent pitcher. Narveson can strike out 10 dudes in 5.2 innings. we're totally fine."

Whistler6
09-24-2009, 04:09 PM
why do i get the feeling that that outing is gonna haunt us for years?

"nah, we don't need to get a free agent pitcher. Narveson can strike out 10 dudes in 5.2 innings. we're totally fine."

Jeff Suppan had a good 2 weeks in the postseason, Billy Hall had 27 homeruns and batted .270... They will only get better. LOCK 'EM UP!

Whistler6
09-25-2009, 10:28 PM
Tonights battle of the RBI kings was pretty sweet. Only saw the highlights, but glad Prince ripped off 4 more RBI's. Unfortuneately they will be playing for another title, while the Brewers watch at home.

Still, I am going to go on record saying that if Prince Fielder is traded this offseason I will officially denounce Doug Melvin and devote my ''fanhood'' to wherever Prince goes.

Prince is 1 of the select few who has refused to mail it in. If he keeps his weight in check, there is no reason he can't continue to get better as an all around player.

EvilMonkey
09-25-2009, 10:52 PM
Tonights battle of the RBI kings was pretty sweet. Only saw the highlights, but glad Prince ripped off 4 more RBI's. Unfortuneately they will be playing for another title, while the Brewers watch at home.

Still, I am going to go on record saying that if Prince Fielder is traded this offseason I will officially denounce Doug Melvin and devote my ''fanhood'' to wherever Prince goes.

Prince is 1 of the select few who has refused to mail it in. If he keeps his weight in check, there is no reason he can't continue to get better as an all around player.

Agree, we should be able to put together a team that can be very competitive next year while keeping Prince. Only player in MLB to play and start every game so far this year is Prince. The weight and durability haven't been a problem at all.

If next year goes like this year, then Melvin/Macha need to be gone and Prince probably will get traded, possibly leading to a bit of a rebuild.

Whistler6
09-29-2009, 10:24 PM
No your not dreaming, Jason Kendall just tied the game up at 5-5 with a 3-run HR in the 9th.

Whistler6
10-03-2009, 12:55 PM
Congrads to Braun getting his 200th hit on HR #32. Nice to have something to cheer for.

princefielder28
10-04-2009, 05:56 PM
Well, today was it....80-82

I'm surprised this team managed to win 80 games with how awful our pitching staff was. Prince finished up with a .299 average, 46 HRs, 141 RBI...an unreal year for him

Now onto the offseason.....pitching!!!!

GB12
10-04-2009, 11:44 PM
Prince finished up with a .299 average, 46 HRs, 141 RBI...an unreal year for him
If he had just one more HR he would have been tied for the HR title, won the RBI title outright, and hit an even .300.

Extremely good season. If it wasn't for Albert Pujols being amazing he'd have an MVP.

drowe
10-05-2009, 08:41 AM
If he had just one more HR he would have been tied for the HR title, won the RBI title outright, and hit an even .300.

Extremely good season. If it wasn't for Albert Pujols being amazing he'd have an MVP.

so true.

Make no mistake, Albert Pujols is the MVP. but, those are MVP numbers right there. great season Prince.

So proud of the way the Brewers finished too. some inspired baseball. bring on 2010!

drowe
10-05-2009, 10:13 AM
http://bases.nbcsports.com/2009/10/the-brewers-to-retain-two-old-guys.html.php

brewers will retain the services of Ken Macha and Trevor Hoffman

mostly ok with this.

Everything had to go right for the Brewers to sniff the playoffs. injuries and lack of pitching was the problem. Ken Macha wasn't the problem this year.

for Hoffman, giving him a lot of money makes me a little nervous. i almost feel like they should just put that money in a jar and save it for Prince Fielder.

Whistler6
10-05-2009, 12:02 PM
"Look, the reality is that when you're a mid- or small-market team, you have to take advantage of having guys in that pre-free agency range where you can have them at a relatively affordable rate," Braun said. "Everybody is starting to make more money. The reality is, Prince will probably only be here one or two more years."

It sucks, but Braun is right...

Oh and shame on Larussa for denying Prince the chance of reaching .300, grabbing the outright RBI title, and tying Pujols for HR's by walking him in the 10th.

princefielder28
10-05-2009, 02:02 PM
"Look, the reality is that when you're a mid- or small-market team, you have to take advantage of having guys in that pre-free agency range where you can have them at a relatively affordable rate," Braun said. "Everybody is starting to make more money. The reality is, Prince will probably only be here one or two more years."

It sucks, but Braun is right...

Oh and shame on Larussa for denying Prince the chance of reaching .300, grabbing the outright RBI title, and tying Pujols for HR's by walking him in the 10th.

What Melvin does with Prince this offseason will decide his long term fate. After seeing what happened this past season with a lack of pitching I think the overall success on the field will be greater if they trade Prince for pitching. As far as putting fans in the seats, it'll hurt initially but getting a winning product on the field will help recover from that.

My early prediction for Prince's landing spot will be Boston...get him out of the NL!

drowe
10-05-2009, 02:41 PM
What Melvin does with Prince this offseason will decide his long term fate. After seeing what happened this past season with a lack of pitching I think the overall success on the field will be greater if they trade Prince for pitching. As far as putting fans in the seats, it'll hurt initially but getting a winning product on the field will help recover from that.

yeah, conventional wisdom makes this a no-brainer. small market team has a superstar ready for a big payday, so the dude is gonna go to a big market team. if i'm a betting man, i'd put it on Prince playing for the AL by 2012.

But, there's just been so much anticipation to what the Brewers are gonna do with him, plus the fact that usually the players that get stolen are good, but not great...or even great but not superstars...i feel like conventional wisdom might get thrown out the window on this one.

because, you're right. how this is handled does make or break Doug Melvin. He's done a lot of good for the Crew, but he was asleep at the wheel this past offseason. IF Prince Fielder is traded for a pitcher that turns out to be just above average, or for a prospect that even has a setback, the trade is gonna look TERRIBLE. and pitchers and prospects are very risky propositions, whereas Prince Fielder is a sure thing.

Part of me feels like the Brewers are gonna try to set up for a big push in 2010. break the bank for free agent pitching and hope to god for a trip to the post season before Prince is shipped out of town. It's not the way i'd want the team to be run, but Prince made himself a lot of money this offseason. New York or LA money. sadly, NOT Milwaukee money.

GB12
10-05-2009, 06:53 PM

My early prediction for Prince's landing spot will be Boston...get him out of the NL!
Not really. I think he'll be left alone this year and traded next offseason.

As for Macha, I don't feel strongly either way. I think that if we really need to we could always go to Willie Randolph midseason without much problem.

GB12
10-06-2009, 07:54 PM
Trevor Hoffman signed to a 1 year $8 million deal with a mutual option for 2011.

Great move. I don't think anyone can be upset with this.

PackerLegend
10-06-2009, 08:15 PM
This is the worst thing about how baseball and the Brewers are setup... We cant afford to keep and absolutely amazing player in Fielder and have to watch him go to a big money team.

drowe
10-09-2009, 01:58 PM
Doug Melvin had his end of year press conference. highlights here:

-sounds like trading gamel for pitching is a pretty legit possibility. i would approve. i'm firmly on the mcgehee bandwagon.

-rickie weeks appears to be locked in at second and felipe lopez will be allowed to leave.

-he very bluntly said they want to accquire 2 starting pitchers in the off season.

-hardy likely won't be back.

-jeff suppan isn't gauranteed a spot in the rotation. yeah, right. i'll believe that when i see it.

Whistler6
10-09-2009, 03:05 PM
I am also a fan of mcgehee...Still I don't think his value will ever be higher than it is right now. If they could get some kind of value for him, it might be a ripe time to pull the trigger.

It's time to say, "we screwed up" and dump Suppan. It's that, put him as a long reliever, or have him throw BP.

Felipe Lopez solidifed a leadoff spot that has been a huge gaping hole for the Brewers. If he could stick around and Weeks went somewhere else, that would make me happy. Enough of the "potential" talk about Weeks and go with the proven veteran.

Thanks Mike Cameron for everything, good luck.

princefielder28
10-20-2009, 01:59 PM
Rick Peterson has been named pitching coach

drowe
11-06-2009, 11:19 AM
JJ Hardy has been traded to the Twins for Carlos Gomez. I approve. could this be an everyday centerfielder and leadoff hitter?

Boston
11-06-2009, 11:33 AM
Gomez has a career .638 OPS...that's not good. I know he's young and fast, but I think we could have gotten more in return for Hardy...

Whistler6
11-06-2009, 11:48 AM
Gomez has a career .638 OPS...that's not good. I know he's young and fast, but I think we could have gotten more in return for Hardy...

Unlimited potential for unlimited potential...I love the trade.

Neither have lived up to their ability (yet), but the Crew are backed up in the infield, and Cameron will most likely not be back. Young and fast. Well done.

Now go get Cliff Lee if he doesn't return to toe Phillies or Rich Harden. Do it.

drowe
11-06-2009, 11:59 AM

Well, Hardy's trade value went down when we let him rot away in the minors for a month. We weren't gonna get a starting pitcher for him. i think this was as good as we were gonna do. 2 guys that just really need a change of scenery.

princefielder28
11-06-2009, 12:33 PM
JJ Hardy has been traded to the Twins for Carlos Gomez. I approve. could this be an everyday centerfielder and leadoff hitter?

Gomez showed he's not a top of the order type guy in Minnesota, maybe with time but right now he's a 7 or 8 hitter

Packystan
11-06-2009, 01:56 PM
I like Gomez a lot. The guy is blazing fast, and is a game changer on the bags, and also plays a plus CF. Its obvious Melvin is trying to transition this team from a slugging club, to a club that will utilize speed, defense, and baserunning. Play great defense up the middle, and put pressure on the other team with great speed and power. Plus it gives us 14 mil to go out and sign a SP. John Lackey maybe?

cvv84
11-06-2009, 02:56 PM
Well, Hardy's trade value went down when we let him rot away in the minors for a month. We weren't gonna get a starting pitcher for him. i think this was as good as we were gonna do. 2 guys that just really need a change of scenery.

Hardy's play is what hurt his trade value. Sending him down to the minors for 20 days delayed his free agency which added to his trade value.

In my opinion this trade benefits the Twins more. Hardy is a 2 time all star while Gomez hasn't lived up to his billing when he was one of the top prospects in the Mets system.

The only real benefit is that Gomez is controlled through 2013 and they'll save a ton of money in not having to pay Cameron $10 million and Hardy $5 million. Hopefully they can either add a quality pitcher or use that money to extend Fielder. And honestly I don't see them landing a quality pitcher without a trade and they've used their top chip in Hardy already.

drowe
11-06-2009, 03:14 PM
yeah, it works ok for both teams. the brewers have no need for a SS. but, could use a CF. talent aside, i think the trade makes the brewers a better team in 2010

Whistler6
11-06-2009, 03:41 PM
yeah, it works ok for both teams. the brewers have no need for a SS. but, could use a CF. talent aside, i think the trade makes the brewers a better team in 2010

He's atleast 8-9 million cheaper than Cameron, younger, and faster. If he hits .250, he's basically a quicker Mike Cameron...minus quite a few homeruns though.

Don't count out the fact of going from AL to NL. Seeing the pitching he has will only help him in the transition. I am all for this trade. He might not be a top of the lineup guy, but neither was JJ or Mike Cameron.

cvv84
11-06-2009, 04:57 PM
Remember too that this could be the last year with Fielder on the team and that he could even get traded in season if the Brewers aren't on the verge of the playoffs. Melvin could be shifting the team from a HR hitting team to more of a small ball base stealing team like the Angels.

Whistler6
11-06-2009, 05:45 PM
So I'm thinking oh nice a little speedy guy...He is 6'4'' 200 lbs. At age 24, he has got room to grow both physically and skill-set wise.

Honeslty, what's not to love about the trade?

EvilMonkey
11-06-2009, 07:35 PM
So I'm thinking oh nice a little speedy guy...He is 6'4'' 200 lbs. At age 24, he has got room to grow both physically and skill-set wise.

Honeslty, what's not to love about the trade?

.246 career AVG & .292 career OBP

Never batted over .300 in the minors or anything either. Great talent in terms of speed and he's young, but he's never gonna develop into a leadoff hitter or power hitter or anything.

I like the trade but he's a 7 or 8 hitter who provides speed and great range in CF. Not gonna develop into much more. But getting rid of Cam and Hardy's salary is a win for me, and he should be decent and definitely won't hurt the team at all.

umphrey
11-06-2009, 07:37 PM
I see it like this

Cameron + Hardy > Escobar + Gomez
but
Cameron + Hardy <<<<<<<<< Escobar + Gomez + $12 mil

Whistler6
11-06-2009, 11:04 PM
I see it like this

Cameron + Hardy > Escobar + Gomez
but
Cameron + Hardy <<<<<<<<< Escobar + Gomez + $12 mil

The voice of reason, thank you!

Gomez is a gold glove "caliber" CF, he's 24 as opposed to 36(?) year old Cameron, he is mannnny millions cheaper, he has room to grow in a young lineup, he's possibly one of the top 5 fastest players in the MLB, did I mention he's cheaper? I mean the list goes on and on.

Home runs left with Cameron and Hardy, but so did age and a hefty cap hit. The Brewers have relied on the homerun for too long, and now they have a base stealer.

He isn't Juan Pierre, he is 6 foot 4 and 200 lbs. That is another bonus. It's just a lottery pick...If it works out they struck gold, if not so what?***

cvv84
11-08-2009, 11:28 AM
Rich Harden isn't expected to to be back with the Cubs next year. Might be a good pickup because when healthy he can be dominant plus he's only 27.

The Marlins are also looking to dump payroll and have a ton of middle relievers that could be made available. It would be nice to pry away one of their starting pitchers too.

Josh Fogg, formerly of the Rockies, could be another target for the bullpen.

Giantsfan1080
11-10-2009, 08:44 PM
Why was my post deleted? I was asking a question.

Im_a_Romosexual
11-10-2009, 09:00 PM
Why was my post deleted? I was asking a question.

It's in the Bucks thread.

Giantsfan1080
11-10-2009, 09:02 PM
It's in the Bucks thread.

Yup I'm a moron. So since I'm now in the right place anything to this Pagan for Hart deal?

the_legend_killer
11-10-2009, 09:05 PM
God I hope not, that would be an awful trade.

Giantsfan1080
11-10-2009, 09:31 PM
I don't think it'll happen but I read that it was making the rounds on some Brewers forums.

EvilMonkey
11-11-2009, 08:24 PM
I don't think it'll happen but I read that it was making the rounds on some Brewers forums.

i haven't seen anything like that and like previously said, that would be a terrible deal.

If Edwin Jackson is gonna be available like the rumors say, Brewers should try to make a run at him. We probably won't be able to get Lackey, but Edwin is the type of guy who's proven but still has upside we need to get.

Whistler6
11-14-2009, 01:04 PM
Braden Looper's option = declined. I'm indifferent on this move. He was an innings-eater, and it seemed like a 6 inning 4-run outing was satisfactory for him.

They have enough of those kind of guys as it is.

cvv84
11-14-2009, 01:41 PM
Braden Looper's option = declined. I'm indifferent on this move. He was an innings-eater, and it seemed like a 6 inning 4-run outing was satisfactory for him.

They have enough of those kind of guys as it is.

We're going to have to hope for guys like Bush and Parra to rebound. I figured Gallardo would struggle at times because he missed a ton of innngs the previous year and really our bullpen was stellar the 1st half of the season. Unfortunately we just don't have the pitching coming up from the minors and with Prince set for free agency you have to wonder if he'll get moved at some point during the season.

Packystan
11-14-2009, 02:14 PM
We're going to have to hope for guys like Bush and Parra to rebound. I figured Gallardo would struggle at times because he missed a ton of innngs the previous year and really our bullpen was stellar the 1st half of the season. Unfortunately we just don't have the pitching coming up from the minors and with Prince set for free agency you have to wonder if he'll get moved at some point during the season.

I agree. Parra has absolutely filthy stuff when he's right. Its just all mental with him. The good thing though is he's still young, so hopefully he turns it around mentally because nobody is questioning his stuff. Bush is probably going to wind up being our 4 or 5, which is where he's better suited. If were out of it before the deadline, and Prince is tearing it up again, I definitely expect Melvin to deal Prince and hopefully stock up with some good young pitching.

Whistler6
11-14-2009, 02:27 PM
If Prince gets traded, I will be incredibly bitter. While it might be best for the team in the long run, losing a bat and personality like Prince would crush me.

Not to mention it would hurt Braun more than anyone else.

Packystan
11-14-2009, 02:41 PM
I do expect Melvin to offer Prince a long term deal. It just all depends on whether or not he listens to Boras and goes after that huge contract he wont be able to turn down.

cvv84
11-14-2009, 05:54 PM
I do expect Melvin to offer Prince a long term deal. It just all depends on whether or not he listens to Boras and goes after that huge contract he wont be able to turn down.

Well Melvin had already extended an offer of something like 4 years for $60 million before they agreed on the 2 year deal that bought out the final years of arbitration.

If no deal is reached, which I'm bracing for, then you have to really wonder what we can get for Fielder. He's not under control after this season nobody really knows if he intends to hit the free agent market and let the big market teams enter a bidding war.

drowe
11-20-2009, 12:44 PM
yeah, just read that the brewers were really trying to lock Prince up long term this offseason. I hope they do. I really hope they do. as song as we have Braun and Fielder, we'll be relevant.

Whistler6
11-20-2009, 02:51 PM
yeah, just read that the brewers were really trying to lock Prince up long term this offseason. I hope they do. I really hope they do. as song as we have Braun and Fielder, we'll be relevant.

Even if they fall short on the wins, they will still be entertaining to watch. but I agree, with both Prince and the Hammer they would continue to have a chance.

Whistler6
11-21-2009, 09:01 AM
Rumors swirling that the Brewers are in deep talks with the Braves to take on Derek lowe and his hefty salary. Corey Hart is in that mix as well. It was on an ESPN Radio Sportscenter update, so must be some truth to it.

princefielder28
11-21-2009, 11:42 AM
Rumors swirling that the Brewers are in deep talks with the Braves to take on Derek lowe and his hefty salary. Corey Hart is in that mix as well. It was on an ESPN Radio Sportscenter update, so must be some truth to it.

The Brewers would expect the Braves to take on a big chunk of that contract.

Whistler6
11-21-2009, 11:46 AM
The Brewers would expect the Braves to take on a big chunk of that contract.

Ahh Billy Hall style...Well that changes my views on this trade completely. Pull the trigger.

princefielder28
11-22-2009, 11:03 AM
The Crew have Carl Pavano and John Smoltz on their radar

drowe
12-04-2009, 03:17 PM
So, Gregg Zaun is the Crew's primary catcher for '10.

meh. i was more excited about the move before i found out he was 38.

princefielder28
12-04-2009, 03:18 PM
So, Gregg Zaun is the Crew's primary catcher for '10.

meh. i was more excited about the move before i found out he was 38.

we love our catchers old

umphrey
12-05-2009, 04:25 AM
I like it - we actually have a veteran starting somewhere. He's cheap, he should help our pitchers more than anyone we had on the roster, a better bat than Kendall. I'm not setting my expectations too high. I'm just glad we have a vet behind the plate to make some starts while we ease in Lucroy, Salome, or Kottaras.

Whistler6
12-05-2009, 11:44 AM
we love our catchers old

Man, Mike Rivera just can't catch a break can he? I think it's time to see if he can be a full-time starter. He's got the build, the arm, and he isn't 40. Can't argue with bringing in a cheap vet though.

princefielder28
12-07-2009, 09:37 PM
Brewers are closing in on a deal with Randy Wolf