PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee Brewers Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

princefielder28
08-12-2007, 08:23 AM
The Brewers send Claudio Vargas to the mound to try on sweep the Astros ON THE ROAD

O
08-12-2007, 03:44 PM
The Brewers send Claudio Vargas to the mound to try on sweep the Astros ON THE ROAD

Way to get ejected. ;)

princefielder28
08-12-2007, 08:37 PM
end the road trip with a 1.5 game lead in the division; now we have to get our business done at home with St. Louis and Cincinnati visiting Milwaukee

TitleTown088
08-13-2007, 12:10 AM
When Soriano comes back the Cubs will make their surge to win the central.

princefielder28
08-13-2007, 09:05 AM
When Soriano comes back the Cubs will make their surge to win the central.

By that time it may be too late especially if the Brewers can pull off a series win at Wrigley in a couple weeks

princefielder28
08-13-2007, 07:57 PM
Seth McClung, the player we acquired in exchange for Grant Balfour, has not allowed a run in 14 innings at AAA Nashville and has struck out 17. He has started and come out of the bullpen. Possible September call up????

mil_brew_fan
08-14-2007, 10:22 AM
Seth McClung, the player we acquired in exchange for Grant Balfour, has not allowed a run in 14 innings at AAA Nashville and has struck out 17. He has started and come out of the bullpen. Possible September call up????

With Villanueva pitching poorly, there's no doubt they bring McClung up...

Boston
08-14-2007, 05:00 PM
Weeks 2B
Hardy SS
Fielder 1B
Braun 3B
Jenkins LF
Hart RF
Hall CF
Estrada C
Cappy P

Tonights lineup. I guess when you're not getting production out of the middle of your lineup, you change things around. Dumbass. God that's ******* ridiculous.

princefielder28
08-14-2007, 05:34 PM
Weeks 2B
Hardy SS
Fielder 1B
Braun 3B
Jenkins LF
Hart RF
Hall CF
Estrada C
Cappy P

Tonights lineup. I guess when you're not getting production out of the middle of your lineup, you change things around. Dumbass. God that's ******* ridiculous.

Jenkins has started to heat up and he had a very good road trip. Bruan provides protection for Fielder so he'll see more pitches and Braun can hit any pitch he sees

Boston
08-14-2007, 05:53 PM
Jenkins has started to heat up and he had a very good road trip. Bruan provides protection for Fielder so he'll see more pitches and Braun can hit any pitch he sees

Yes, he can. But when Fielder has hit 5 HR's in the past however many games, and Braun is still hot, it makes really no sense to mess with something that's working.

Boston
08-14-2007, 09:15 PM
I see retro uniforms, and it's not Friday... :confused:

25 years. Ned just kept Cappy in 2 batters to long, resulting in three runs scored... God damnit. Capuano needs to get his **** together.

Boston
08-14-2007, 09:18 PM
Wow. Watching us unravel is just pathetic.

princefielder28
08-15-2007, 09:12 AM
Big game today b/c if we lose the Cards would 3.5 games back for the division lead; i fear them more than the Cubs right now.

Boston
08-15-2007, 12:05 PM
Just when it couldn't get any ******* better, Fielder goes and gets suspended for three days, because of his run-in with one of those terrible ******* umps in Houston.

princefielder28
08-15-2007, 12:27 PM
Just when it couldn't get any ******* better, Fielder goes and gets suspended for three days, because of his run-in with one of those terrible ******* umps in Houston.

Thats garbage; Roger Clemens gets suspended for one start for throwing at someone but our top player gets suspended three games for agruing with an ump. Something wrong with that picture.

Boston
08-15-2007, 08:35 PM
Whatever Ned is doing to pump up the players for big series, or any series for that matter, he should do the opposite. Because it ain't ******* working.

I'd love to see any dumbass on the Brewers face the camera and say there not feeling pressure, pressing at all, etc. This is a joke. We've had a below .500 record for two or three months now. Everything isn't alright. If I even see a post game interview, or pre game, of a player saying everything is fine, I will personally track him down, slap him, apologize, and tell him to get his ******* head out of his ass.

Boston
08-16-2007, 02:56 AM
1B-Fielder- leads the majors with 12 Errors.
2B-Weeks- 2nd worst Fielding% in NL among regular second basemen.
3B-Braun- .893 Fielding% - worst for any position in all of baseball.
SS-Hardy- the anchor of our infield has the 4th worst Fielding%, and the lowest Range Factor in the NL among qualified SS.
C-Estrada- thrown out an abismal 18% of baserunners, which is 2nd worst in NL and 3rd worst in majors.
CF-Hall- his 9 Errors are almost twice as many as the next centerfielder in the entire majors along with the 2nd worst Range Factor.

This team still can't win on the road.
This team still can't do anything at the plate besides homeruns
This team always melts down in the second half
This team always chokes with runners in scoring position
This team still has trouble hitting to the opposite field
This team still stinks at PNC Park despite playing lousy Pirates teams
This team regulary blows huge leads
This team always shuts down after some early scoring
This team never bunts when the other pitcher is mowing them down
This team never does any hit and run plays
This team still strikes out a lot and fails to execute
The entire pitching staff decides to fall apart all at the same time
The bench is completely worthless
Joe Dillon is still not getting starts even though he makes contact and hits the other way.
Despite an MVP season from Fielder, this team is barely over .500
Despite adding a monster hitter like Ryan Braun, this team is actually getting worse
Johnny Estrada can't throw anyone out
Johnny Estrada can't beat anything out
Johnny Estrada can't draw walks
Kevin Mench has no speed, power, batting average, arm, or ability to draw walks
Ben Sheets is hurt again
Chris Capuano has had 15 consecutive losing start
Claudio Vargas can only go five innings
Jeff Suppan can only go five innings and makes 42 million dollars
Carlos Villanueva and Matt Wise have completely lost it
We play in the most awful division in baseball and still we can't pull away.
It's been 25 years and still no playoffs

"There she goes, there she goes again."

Should be our new song.

Boston
08-16-2007, 03:36 AM
And if it could get any ******* worse, we have Yost and co. telling us bull **** lines about how we need to be patient, such as:

1) It's a marathon, not a sprint.
2) We should be happy to be in first place.
3) There are peaks and valleys in baseball.
4) It's a long season.
5) It's a young team.
6) We shouldn't panic.

I don't want to hear anymore of Ned's stupid lines. It's time he quits making excuses and starts demanding some accountability from these players.

Since May 9th, the Brewers have the fifth WORST record in the National League. That's a pretty big valley there, dumb ****.

Brewers need to start kicking ass.

mil_brew_fan
08-16-2007, 12:30 PM
And if it could get any ******* worse, we have Yost and co. telling us bull **** lines about how we need to be patient, such as:

1) It's a marathon, not a sprint.
2) We should be happy to be in first place.
3) There are peaks and valleys in baseball.
4) It's a long season.
5) It's a young team.
6) We shouldn't panic.

I don't want to hear anymore of Ned's stupid lines. It's time he quits making excuses and starts demanding some accountability from these players.

Since May 9th, the Brewers have the fifth WORST record in the National League. That's a pretty big valley there, dumb ****.

Brewers need to start kicking ass.

You cannot place all the blame on the coaches... It's time for this team to play like they are capable of... The coaches can only insight the players, they can't play for them... Weeks has to start swinging the bat somewhere close to what got him two batting titles in college... He couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat... Ever since Hart's hitting streak, he seems to just swing and miss... Hall only hits home runs when the game doesn't matter anymore... Estrada is lazy and fat; he needs to start playing like he cares... Capuano can be sent down to Brevard County; he might pick up a win there... Matt Wise can ride the pine the rest of the year... The biggest factor that will hurt the Brewers was the inability to acquire someone before the trade deadline... Injuries have finally plagued the Brewers once again and a team that initially had a ton of depth, is now struggle to keep it's head above water... But in the end, the Brewers are still leading the division, a dismal one at that, but if they can win the "marathon", the valley we're plunging into won't be greatly remember until next year, when I'm sure they'll do it all over again... The last couple weeks will dictate the future of the Brewers and Ned Yost and I hope as much as anybody that they can turn it around and play like the team they idol to be... the '82 Crew

mil_brew_fan
08-16-2007, 12:32 PM
As for today's game, I have faith in Bush and I think they'll pull one out with a 5-3 victory... (I think I'm being too optimistic)

mil_brew_fan
08-16-2007, 12:37 PM
Today's lineup:
Gross
Hardy
Fielder
Braun
Jenkins
Dillon
Hall
Miller
Bush

At this moment, this is probably the best lineup they can throw out there if Gross swings the bat like he did in AAA.

Boston
08-16-2007, 01:24 PM
You cannot place all the blame on the coaches... It's time for this team to play like they are capable of... The coaches can only insight the players, they can't play for them... Weeks has to start swinging the bat somewhere close to what got him two batting titles in college... He couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat... Ever since Hart's hitting streak, he seems to just swing and miss... Hall only hits home runs when the game doesn't matter anymore... Estrada is lazy and fat; he needs to start playing like he cares... Capuano can be sent down to Brevard County; he might pick up a win there... Matt Wise can ride the pine the rest of the year... The biggest factor that will hurt the Brewers was the inability to acquire someone before the trade deadline... Injuries have finally plagued the Brewers once again and a team that initially had a ton of depth, is now struggle to keep it's head above water... But in the end, the Brewers are still leading the division, a dismal one at that, but if they can win the "marathon", the valley we're plunging into won't be greatly remember until next year, when I'm sure they'll do it all over again... The last couple weeks will dictate the future of the Brewers and Ned Yost and I hope as much as anybody that they can turn it around and play like the team they idol to be... the '82 Crew

I know, I wasn't blaming the coaches entirely. But I'm tired of there bull **** comments such as the ones listed above. If they're not going to admit there's a problem, there's no way in hell it's going to be fixed.

mil_brew_fan
08-16-2007, 01:40 PM
Yadier Molina, the second coming of Barry Bonds, somehow hits his second home run... great start to another game for the crew

drowe
08-16-2007, 02:22 PM
here's some silver lining.
let's just say the Crew gets swept by the cards and the cubs get swept (or even lose 2/3 to the Reds). The Brewers are playing the hottest team in baseball, and the Cubs are playing the celler dwelling Reds. this is the Cubs series to make up ground and if they don't, it's a big win for the Brewers. because this weekend, the cubs get the cards and we get the reds.

--of course, i realize that this silver lining doesn't take into account the fact that the Brewers aren't playing well enough to beat the Huntsville stars right now, but we need SOMETHING to be happy about.

drowe
08-16-2007, 02:23 PM
Yadier Molina, the second coming of Barry Bonds, somehow hits his second home run... great start to another game for the crew

yeah, yadier molina is eating our children today.

princefielder28
08-16-2007, 06:49 PM
Gabe Gross did have a good game and the Brewers are still in the division lead

yodabear
08-16-2007, 09:45 PM
Turnbow was outstanding today.

princefielder28
08-16-2007, 09:50 PM
Turnbow was outstanding today.

he always brings his best to the ballpark once and a while

Boston
08-17-2007, 02:06 AM
This has been the worst year to watch the Brewers in a while. The last few years were incredibly fun to watch, what with the anticipation of Fielder, Hardy, Weeks, etc, and no expectations. But now that we have expectations, watching Brewer games has become boring, to nerve-wracking, it pisses you off. Whereas before, you would cheer win the win, but expect it when they lost. I guess it doesn't help when you have expectations like we did coming into this year. Somebody needs to get through to these kids with a motivational speech of some sort, along the lines of, "You got to the big leagues by playing baseball, right now, I don't know what the **** we're doing when we walk onto that field, but it damn sure wasn't what got you up here." Maybe bring in a comedian or something before the game, something that just relaxes everybody. And punish players if they hit home runs. Maybe that way we wouldn't feel the need to hit a home run every time. All that we need is something to build on, and I'm surprised that Houston series wasn't that.

princefielder28
08-17-2007, 08:18 PM
Suppan is pitching fairly well, but the offense just can't put together consecutive hits

Boston
08-17-2007, 09:09 PM
Maybe Ned will FINALLY learn something from this game.

JJ Hardy in the eight spot >>>>>>>> JJ Hardy in the second spot.

princefielder28
08-17-2007, 09:11 PM
4 ERRORS! :(

Boston
08-17-2007, 09:13 PM
4 ERRORS! :(

For the worst defensive team in the league? Who'd have thought. Who ever is in charge of the defense, needs to go, like this second.

princefielder28
08-17-2007, 09:19 PM
nevermind....

Boston
08-17-2007, 09:27 PM
Maybe Ned will FINALLY learn something from this game.

JJ Hardy in the eight spot >>>>>>>> JJ Hardy in the second spot.

Let me reiterate this...

Boston
08-17-2007, 09:30 PM
Uh-oh, winning this game could be a huge turning point. It might make me care again.

Not if Linebrink has anything to say about it. ******* moron. I was looking forward to giving a damn.

princefielder28
08-17-2007, 10:11 PM
5 losses in a row! It really can't get any better than this.

Boston
08-17-2007, 10:13 PM
I hope someone has the decency to no-hit us.

princefielder28
08-17-2007, 10:14 PM
I hope someone has the decency to no-hit us.

Aaron Harang pitches Sunday

Boston
08-17-2007, 10:17 PM
Aaron Harang pitches Sunday

By the looks of it, it could happen any ******* day of the week.

princefielder28
08-18-2007, 12:31 PM
By the looks of it, it could happen any ******* day of the week.

I doubt it happens against Elizardo Ramirez

mil_brew_fan
08-18-2007, 03:58 PM
Being the optimist I am, I think the Brewers will score five runs tonight... too bad that won't be enough to win but it's an offensive outbrust we haven't seen in a while...

TitleTown088
08-18-2007, 05:41 PM
http://www.ehow.com/images/ehows/steps/consciouschokingadultstep1_L.jpg

Come on Brewers, this is pathetic.

Boston
08-18-2007, 06:10 PM
For those wondering whether or not we've hit rock bottom, Jeff Suppan is now our leading pitcher in ERA.

Boston
08-18-2007, 07:46 PM
I'm thinking Gross should be Hart's replacement for a couple of days to a week. Closer to a week.

Boston
08-18-2007, 08:07 PM
Please tell me Yost isn't pinch hitting Hart for Gross...and why did he leave Villy in with the bases loaded, no outs, pitching like ****.

princefielder28
08-19-2007, 08:14 AM
Finally a victory last night for the Crew. One problem though is we continue to score our runs with the long ball; we need to learn to manufacture runs.

Boston
08-19-2007, 01:44 PM
I think I smell a turning point.

Boston
08-19-2007, 02:42 PM
My god, does Ned know when to take a ******* pitcher out?

RockJock07
08-19-2007, 03:42 PM
As an Outside and resident of Chicago, most of us White Sox fans are rooting for the Brewers since our season is lost. Ryan Braun may end up being a better hitter then Fielder in my eyes. I think if I were the Cubs and the Brewers, I would worry about the Cards, they seem hell bent on getting back to the playoffs and the Brewers and Cubs should be ashamed if the happens considering how AWFUL the cards starting rotation is.

I hope they do it, it will be nice to see the postseason with teams like seattle and Milwaukee in if they can pull it off.

GB12
08-19-2007, 06:27 PM
Wow, who would have guessed we'd blow a 5 run lead

mil_brew_fan
08-19-2007, 06:39 PM
Wow, who would have guessed we'd blow a 5 run lead

With Capuano on the mound, I don't know why you are surprised...

mil_brew_fan
08-19-2007, 06:39 PM
I hope they put Manny Parra in the rotation, but Villanueva would be fine too.

GB12
08-19-2007, 06:52 PM
With Capuano on the mound, I don't know why you are surprised...

I know. I said that because we've blown 5-6 runs leads so many times this season.

princefielder28
08-19-2007, 08:30 PM
On the road again after a 1-5 homestand :(

TitleTown088
08-20-2007, 05:29 PM
Fielder needs to lose some weight now and turn it into into lean muscle, or he is really going to pay for it later on in his career. I know, completely random, but I was thinking about it today. Not that it will matter for you Brewers fans though.... He'll be wearing NY pinstripes soon enough.

Boston
08-20-2007, 09:46 PM
Fielder needs to lose some weight now and turn it into into lean muscle, or he is really going to pay for it later on in his career. I know, completely random, but I was thinking about it today. Not that it will matter for you Brewers fans though.... He'll be wearing NY pinstripes soon enough.

Oh that's not weird at all. I think about Fielder's fat all the time.

Boston
08-20-2007, 10:00 PM
This isn't the Brewers. This is some other team that hits with RISP and scores in more than one inning. Let's see, Weeks is hot, Fielder's hot, Braun is always hot, Hall's hot, Jenkins is hot, Hardy's hot, SP is not.

GB12
08-20-2007, 10:02 PM
Damn I should have been watching, 9-0! I guess if you can't pitch just score a ********.

Also Cappy has been moved to the Pen.

Boston
08-20-2007, 10:07 PM
Sheets may come back this weekend. That would be a HUGE boost.

princefielder28
08-20-2007, 10:27 PM
This isn't the Brewers. This is some other team that hits with RISP and scores in more than one inning. Let's see, Weeks is hot, Fielder's hot, Braun is always hot, Hall's hot, Jenkins is hot, Hardy's hot, SP is not.

This is the April edition of the Brewers not the June/July one

Boston
08-20-2007, 10:32 PM
Fielder is being walked to get to Braun. Doesn't seem to get much better for the D-backs. Now it would be a three run homer rather than a two run homer.... Never mind. What happened to Braun? Defense...right.

princefielder28
08-20-2007, 10:41 PM
Yovani has had a dynamite curveball tonight and hopefully this starts a trend of quality starts for our starters

yodabear
08-20-2007, 10:47 PM
Your welcome for beating the Cubbies today. And don't worry, here is what CUBS really means.

Can't Understand Baseball Success
AND
Completly Useless By September

Boston
08-21-2007, 12:18 AM
I'm looking forward to the game with Webb. A win, hell, even a run scored there would be a big confidence boost.

Jensen
08-21-2007, 01:07 AM
Yovani has had a dynamite curveball tonight and hopefully this starts a trend of quality starts for our starters

He was unbelievable tonight. He looked real good, and it looks like he's gotten his confidence back. Nobody in the lineup was playing well tonight. You know you had a bad game when Jeff Cirillo has to pitch.

Jensen
08-21-2007, 01:08 AM
I'm looking forward to the game with Webb. A win, hell, even a run scored there would be a big confidence boost.

Not that I want Webb to lose it, but I think the Brewers will end it. With the amount of home runs they hit, if Webb misses one pitch it could be gone if it's to Fielder, Braun, etc.

TitleTown088
08-21-2007, 01:16 AM
The worst thing to ever happen to the Brewers took place in 1998. Even the royals were smart enough to say no.

drowe
08-21-2007, 07:20 AM
The worst thing to ever happen to the Brewers took place in 1998. Even the royals were smart enough to say no.

dude, if you're not a fan, you should stay out of this thread. you're getting kinda annoying.

princefielder28
08-21-2007, 08:14 AM
Villanueva was sent down and I'm a little suprised, but hopefully it'll do him good like it has for Weeks and Gross

GB12
08-21-2007, 12:35 PM
Villanueva was sent down and I'm a little suprised, but hopefully it'll do him good like it has for Weeks and Gross
I've heard that he's been sent down to make some starts to get him ready for the rotation. Sounds like a good idea with how our starting pitching has been. Hopefully the guys we have can pull it together, but it's always nice to have a back up plan. Seth McClung, from the Balfour trade, was the guy called up by the way.

mil_brew_fan
08-21-2007, 01:14 PM
By the time Villanueva comes back, Sheets will have returned. At that point, I think they go with a four-man rotation and place Villanueva, if he does well, as the fifth starter. You have to keep Gallardo and Suppan as two of the four when Sheets comes back.

Boston
08-21-2007, 01:17 PM
By the time Villanueva comes back, Sheets will have returned. At that point, I think they go with a four-man rotation and place Villanueva, if he does well, as the fifth starter. You have to keep Gallardo and Suppan as two of the four when Sheets comes back.

Gallardo will move to the bullpen when Sheets comes back.

princefielder28
08-21-2007, 02:12 PM
Gallardo will move to the bullpen when Sheets comes back.

Sheets
Suppan
Bush
Gallardo
Vargas

mil_brew_fan
08-21-2007, 04:21 PM
I think the Brewers need some kind of lefty presence in their starting rotation....

princefielder28
08-21-2007, 10:47 PM
Gabe Gross Grand Slam!

yodabear
08-21-2007, 10:50 PM
Thats okay, come next Wednesday, I will be in Milwaukee, and the curse of Yodachu will live on. Since Yodachu's been in Minnesota, Minnesota has only one championship, and I was in Florida when they won it. Ha, ha.

Jensen
08-22-2007, 12:00 AM
Good game today guys. I won't be here for tomorrow's game, but good luck in the game and in the NL Central.

princefielder28
08-22-2007, 08:17 AM
Good game today guys. I won't be here for tomorrow's game, but good luck in the game and in the NL Central.

It'll be tough against Webb, but hopefully Suppan can come through with another quality start.

drowe
08-22-2007, 10:22 AM
i don't know whether to laugh or cry....
from thebrushback.com

Ben Sheets Now All-Time Leader In Simulated Games

PHOENIX, AZ--Milwaukee Brewers pitcher Ben Sheets became the all-time leader in simulated games Monday when he pitched in his 372nd, edging Mark Prior for the record. Sheets, who threw about 78 pitches in the game, said he had mixed emotions about the milestone.
“On the one hand, it’s nice to see my name up there with guys like Mark Prior and Kerry Wood,” said Sheets. “On the other hand, it’s a little dispiriting that I’ve played in so few actual games. Hopefully I can get myself healthy and start accumulating actual games on a consistent basis. Also, before I forget, I have to give credit to the Brewers’ medical staff. Thanks a lot, guys. Whatever you’re doing, keep doing it. Actually, stop doing it. Please. I want to be able to pitch for a whole season without breaking down.”

mil_brew_fan
08-22-2007, 11:17 AM
The Brewers looked really sharp last night... nice to see them getting big hits from people not named prince and braun

mil_brew_fan
08-22-2007, 04:51 PM
I'm expecting the Crew to end Webb's streak... I'll think it'll be done right away in the first inning..

princefielder28
08-22-2007, 05:31 PM
I'm expecting the Crew to end Webb's streak... I'll think it'll be done right away in the first inning..

Fielder homer????

mil_brew_fan
08-22-2007, 07:44 PM
Weeks will walk... Gross will get him to second... Fielder will fly out to right... Weeks to third... Braun RBI single to left center... Geoff Jenkins strike out

mil_brew_fan
08-22-2007, 07:45 PM
Brewers will sweep the Dbacks tonight... they score just a couple runs off of Webb but they'll get to the bullpen to win 5-3

mil_brew_fan
08-22-2007, 07:50 PM
Maybe the Brewers will score as many runs are the Rangers did today... 30!!!

mil_brew_fan
08-22-2007, 09:25 PM
Well I was right about the Brewers scoring in the first... too bad they couldn't keep the lead for long

drowe
08-22-2007, 09:57 PM
gabe gross...you da man.

Boston
08-22-2007, 10:11 PM
Did Suppan just make it through the sixth? Or am I seeing things.

princefielder28
08-22-2007, 10:22 PM
Did Suppan just make it through the sixth? Or am I seeing things.

He's money

Boston
08-22-2007, 10:59 PM
Should've won.

mil_brew_fan
08-22-2007, 11:01 PM
They won the series... that's the key...

drowe
08-23-2007, 07:40 AM
yeah, asking for a road sweep of a first place team is just greedy. REALLY wish the Giants coulda held their lead though.

mil_brew_fan
08-23-2007, 08:24 AM
Brewers must take two of three from the Giants and then they must win the Cubs series... whether that's a sweep or just two of three

princefielder28
08-23-2007, 06:20 PM
In 12 games at West Virginia Matt LaPorta is batting .326 with 4 homers and 12 RBI

princefielder28
08-23-2007, 06:32 PM
Who do you guys think will be September callups???

Vinny Rottino
Carlos Villanueva
Chris Spurling
Laynce Nix
Tony Gwynn Jr.
Calix Crabbe
Steve Bray????

mil_brew_fan
08-23-2007, 10:50 PM
Good to see the Brewers edge closer to the Cubs without playing...

GB12
08-24-2007, 09:27 PM
Very nice start, but god is Estrada slow. I could cut off my right leg and still run faster than him.

mil_brew_fan
08-25-2007, 10:26 AM
The Brewers need Sheets back now... Capuano is done... he should be sent down a.s.a.p.

Gallardo pitches today, which is great if he can do what he did last outing...

mil_brew_fan
08-25-2007, 12:03 PM
Good to see that Weeks finally hit a homerun

princefielder28
08-25-2007, 01:13 PM
Good to see that Weeks finally hit a homerun

it's been a long time coming

mil_brew_fan
08-25-2007, 01:44 PM
it's been a long time coming

Yeah it has

Boston
08-25-2007, 08:33 PM
Well, we certainly suck.

Boston
08-25-2007, 09:25 PM
Why the **** are we pissing away this ******* season to teams like the ******* Giants. This is a ******* joke.

princefielder28
08-25-2007, 10:24 PM
Yes! Arizona is winning in the 6th

princefielder28
08-25-2007, 11:28 PM
NL Central Standings
Chicago 66-62 -
Milwaukee 65-64 1.5
St. Louis 62-64 3.0

Boston
08-26-2007, 05:24 PM
God this ******* team is just a ******* joke. Ned needs to go. Ned needs to be fired right now. What ever the **** that dumbass is "doing" it's not working. We are at .500, have been playing like ******* **** for two months, and we can't win. Fire him, put somebody else in as manager. He doesn't know what the **** he's doing. And **** the Brewers. Learn how to ******* win. Learn how to ******* score runs in the 7-9 innings. Dumb *******. We just got swept by the Giants.

yodabear
08-26-2007, 05:29 PM
God this ******* team is just a ******* joke. Ned needs to go. Ned needs to be fired right now. What ever the **** that dumbass is "doing" it's not working. We are at .500, have been playing like ******* **** for two months, and we can't win. Fire him, put somebody else in as manager. He doesn't know what the **** he's doing. And **** the Brewers. Learn how to ******* win. Learn how to ******* score runs in the 7-9 innings. Dumb *******. We just got swept by the Giants.

Well said, rants about your favorite team are fun, isn't it? Too bad that means they are sucking though. Its okay though, its the Cubs u are chasing.

princefielder28
08-26-2007, 09:33 PM
Brewers are 1.5 games back with a big 3 game set starting Tuesday

mil_brew_fan
08-28-2007, 09:42 AM
I wouldn't doubt if they got swept... it would be nice if they could hold a lead... my feeling is that Suppan will finally show up tonight and pitch like they expect him to...

princefielder28
08-28-2007, 03:51 PM
Vargas on DL.......Sheets coming back?????

princefielder28
08-28-2007, 06:49 PM
It looks like Ben Sheets will pitch tomorrow with Gallardo or Parra going on Thursday....not 100% though

Boston
08-28-2007, 09:11 PM
Somebody remind me why the **** we picked up Linebrink? God Linebrink you ******* suck. Way to piss away this ******* game...again.

holtfan92
08-28-2007, 09:23 PM
I was as pissed as you when i saw he blew the game lol.

Boston
08-28-2007, 09:24 PM
If we get below .500, Ned should be fired on the god damn spot. Fire Skaalen too.

princefielder28
08-28-2007, 10:18 PM
Tomorrow is a make or break day for the Crew and in Ben we trust

Boston
08-28-2007, 10:23 PM
I'm pretty sure "it" broke awhile ago...

princefielder28
08-28-2007, 10:27 PM
I'm pretty sure "it" broke awhile ago...

did you get my PM?

princefielder28
08-29-2007, 08:02 PM
I think Soriano was out at 3rd

princefielder28
08-29-2007, 08:10 PM
Corey Hart is the only member of the Brewers with an RBI in the series

princefielder28
08-29-2007, 09:01 PM
6-1 Milwaukee following big hits from Braun and Jenkins

GB12
08-29-2007, 09:02 PM
6-1 Milwaukee following big hits from Braun and Jenkins
I won't feel safe until we have at least a 7 run lead.

princefielder28
08-29-2007, 09:19 PM
I won't feel safe until we have at least a 7 run lead.

you can relax a little more now

Boston
08-29-2007, 09:58 PM
I still don't feel safe....strange.

princefielder28
08-30-2007, 02:34 PM
A battle of lefties tonight with Parra and Lilly.........Brewers have struggled against Lilly this season and this will be the Cubs first time against Manny.

princefielder28
08-30-2007, 04:56 PM
Jeremy Jeffress was suspended 50 games for testing positive for "a drug of abuse"

GB12
08-30-2007, 04:57 PM
Brewers top '06 draft pick suspended

Pitcher Jeremy Jeffress, the Milwaukee Brewers' first-round draft pick in 2006, has been suspended for 50 games for using a drug of abuse in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.

Jeffress, 19, will serve the first few days of the suspension this week before Class A West Virginia's season comes to an end. The suspension then will carry over to next season.

Jeffress was enjoying a big season at West Virginia, going 9-5 with a 3.13 ERA in 18 starts. In 86 1/3 innings, he allowed 62 hits and 44 walks, while logging 95 strikeouts.

Jeffress was taken by the Brewers in the first round of the '06 draft out of South Boston (Va.) High School. He received a $1.55 million signing bonus.

That's the second prospect this year with a 50 game suspension.

Boston
08-30-2007, 05:00 PM
God damnit. These 50 game suspensions to star prospects are really pissing me off.

GB12
08-30-2007, 07:12 PM
Lead off homer for Weeks, not that I saw it.

Boston
08-30-2007, 10:09 PM
God this ump just ******* sucks!

Boston
08-30-2007, 10:12 PM
Wow. ******* Ned leaves Mench in there with the bases loaded down by one, and he grounds out on the first ******* pitch. Does he even know what the **** he is doing? I don't even know why I bother watching this team anymore.

princefielder28
08-30-2007, 10:16 PM
Wow. ******* Ned leaves Mench in there with the bases loaded down by one, and he grounds out on the first ******* pitch. Does he even know what the **** he is doing? I don't even know why I bother watching this team anymore.

Mench had driven in two runs tonight so it was smart to go with the hot bat rather than take someone cold off the bench

Boston
08-30-2007, 10:17 PM
Mench had driven in two runs tonight so it was smart to go with the hot bat rather than take someone cold off the bench

If it was a lefty pitching in that situation, I would have been fine with the lack of move, but it was a righty, which Mench hits for ****.

yodabear
08-31-2007, 09:39 PM
I'm GONNA COME CURSE U GUYS TOMORROW. AND BETTER YET, THEY ARE LETTING ME IN FREE!

princefielder28
08-31-2007, 09:58 PM
Gallardo was the man tonight!!!!!

mil_brew_fan
09-01-2007, 09:22 AM
Yovani did well... the offense is still dead

mil_brew_fan
09-01-2007, 09:23 AM
They just need to start playing consistent now... they've been playing consistently bad, but i think the tide is steadily turning

GB12
09-01-2007, 08:07 PM
Brewers up 9-1. Here's the real surprising news, not one HR. We actually scored 9 runs with out a homer

princefielder28
09-01-2007, 08:08 PM
The Brewers are really handing it to the Pirates......9-1 in the 6th

princefielder28
09-01-2007, 08:35 PM
Hart and Mench just went back-to-back to put the Crew up 12-2

Boston
09-01-2007, 09:01 PM
Brewers up 9-1. Here's the real surprising news, not one HR. We actually scored 9 runs with out a homer

And in more than one inning. I'm starting to really love McClung. The guy's got nasty stuff, all he needs to do is control it. My question is, since I'm not watching the game, is this us being good, or is it them being bad?

yodabear
09-02-2007, 12:09 AM
Man, I had a great time tonight , but I don't think I can go to anymore Brewer game, they are 2-0 when I go, outscoring the opponet (the Pirates both times) 22-3. And the Chiriso sausage is 2-0 in the sausage race when I go. I am too good of luck for the Crew.

Jensen
09-02-2007, 01:13 AM
Brewers prospect Jeremy Jeffress suspended for 50 games.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20070830&content_id=2179567&vkey=pr_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

GB12
09-02-2007, 01:14 AM
Brewers prospect Jeremy Jeffress suspended for 50 games.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20070830&content_id=2179567&vkey=pr_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb
Old news.,

GB12
09-02-2007, 03:29 PM
There goes #40

princefielder28
09-02-2007, 08:59 PM
Happy to see the crew win today!

GB12
09-03-2007, 04:23 PM
God damnit. Way to go bullpen. Now Ben can't win and we'll most likely lose.

princefielder28
09-03-2007, 05:13 PM
God damnit. Way to go bullpen. Now Ben can't win and we'll most likely lose.

Thankfully the Cubs got smoked

princefielder28
09-04-2007, 07:53 PM
Brewers acquired LHP Ray King i a trade with the Nationals today

princefielder28
09-05-2007, 09:12 AM
only 0.5 games behind the Cubs :)

princefielder28
09-05-2007, 07:38 PM
Prince hit his 41st

princefielder28
09-05-2007, 07:50 PM
Braun hits a HR.....6-0!

Boston
09-05-2007, 07:52 PM
Will the real Milwaukee Brewers, please stand up.

GB12
09-05-2007, 08:24 PM
Hart gets the other half of his 20/20 season.

I think they realized that they better score a ******** because the bullpen can not be trusted.

GB12
09-05-2007, 08:25 PM
And Jenkins follows, also his 20th.

princefielder28
09-05-2007, 09:23 PM
Brewers up 2 TDs....14-0

GB12
09-05-2007, 09:43 PM
Why the hell are the fans booing in a 14-2 game for giving up a HR

princefielder28
09-06-2007, 09:13 AM
Why the hell are the fans booing in a 14-2 game for giving up a HR

I'm sure it was more of a joke for giving up the shutout

princefielder28
09-06-2007, 04:25 PM
Back in a tie for first after Cubs blow 9th inning lead

drowe
09-06-2007, 04:32 PM

hell yeah! thank you Dodgers. hopefully that takes the wind outa there sails for a while.

Boston
09-06-2007, 04:49 PM

Wow. I thought the cubs had that one in the bag.

princefielder28
09-06-2007, 07:34 PM
Wow. I thought the cubs had that one in the bag.

You never know with Ryan Dumpster

Boston
09-06-2007, 08:20 PM
Ladies and Gentleman, I give you, the Milwaukee Brewers, kings of the Central.

princefielder28
09-08-2007, 07:41 PM
43 for #28!

drowe
09-08-2007, 09:22 PM
wow. a come from behind victory. musta been a different team.

:)

yodabear
09-08-2007, 09:45 PM
wow. a come from behind victory. musta been a different team.

:)

Or u guys were playing the Reds.

Boston
09-08-2007, 09:46 PM
Or u guys were playing the Reds.

If I didn't know you better, I'd think you were a bitter old man.

yodabear
09-08-2007, 09:49 PM
If I didn't know you better, I'd think you were a bitter old man.

I am eightteen years old who lives in Milwaukee and can see Miller Park from his room. But I am a Cardinals fan.

princefielder28
09-09-2007, 12:22 AM
I am eightteen years old who lives in Milwaukee and can see Miller Park from his room. But I am a Cardinals fan.

Thats really unfortunate

drowe
09-09-2007, 03:38 PM
so.
brewers win.
packers win.
cubs lose.

GOOD FRICKIN' DAY.

princefielder28
09-09-2007, 07:12 PM
so.
brewers win.
packers win.
cubs lose.

GOOD FRICKIN' DAY.

really can't get any better than that

GB12
09-09-2007, 07:18 PM
so.
brewers win.
packers win.
cubs lose.

GOOD FRICKIN' DAY.

really can't get any better than that

Bears lose.

princefielder28
09-09-2007, 07:19 PM
Bears lose.

The best day of my life!

princefielder28
09-10-2007, 08:21 PM
The Brewers are getting absolutely smoked against the Pirates but then again it is PNC :(

Boston
09-10-2007, 09:29 PM
How the **** do we do this? We win a few games, get blown out. Win a few, get blown out. Etc. If this team makes the playoffs, every damn player needs a pat on the back from getting through this bull **** season.

princefielder28
09-11-2007, 07:15 AM
How the **** do we do this? We win a few games, get blown out. Win a few, get blown out. Etc. If this team makes the playoffs, every damn player needs a pat on the back from getting through this bull **** season.

Don't be tooo excited that we're in the race

princefielder28
09-11-2007, 07:37 PM
Crew has a 4-0 lead :)

drowe
09-11-2007, 09:25 PM
stros came back to tie the cubs. c'mon Houston!

princefielder28
09-12-2007, 07:09 AM
stros came back to tie the cubs. c'mon Houston!

Houston did answer our prayers

drowe
09-12-2007, 02:06 PM
i seriously cannot say this enough:

COREY HART RULEZ!

princefielder28
09-12-2007, 02:08 PM
i seriously cannot say this enough:

COREY HART RULEZ!

Jenkins has the bases loaded now

drowe
09-12-2007, 02:28 PM
damn turnbow. he's turning into turnblow again. he's so damn streaky.

princefielder28
09-12-2007, 03:54 PM
damn turnbow. he's turning into turnblow again. he's so damn streaky.

Lilly vs Albers tonight.....guessing the Cubs will be tied with us

Boston
09-12-2007, 07:25 PM
Hey Turnbow. Die.

princefielder28
09-17-2007, 07:22 PM
early 2-0 lead

GB12
09-17-2007, 09:26 PM
Good job getting out of that.

Boston
09-17-2007, 09:33 PM
It's been awhile since I've watched a Brewer game. I'm going to keep it that way. They seem to be doing well.

Boston
09-17-2007, 09:59 PM
Wow. Gallardo has been so damn clutch lately.

Sportsfan486
09-17-2007, 11:18 PM
Wow. Gallardo has been so damn clutch lately.

Friggin' Cubs rallied in the 9th to keep the division lead.. argh.

princefielder28
09-18-2007, 07:40 PM
What happened to Big Ben?????

Boston
09-18-2007, 08:02 PM
What happened to Big Ben?????

My god. He left the game with an apparent leg injury.

princefielder28
09-18-2007, 08:33 PM
My god. He left the game with an apparent leg injury.

I'm a little concerned :(

Boston
09-18-2007, 08:48 PM
I'm a little concerned :(

With the fact that he can't go a month without an injury?

GB12
09-19-2007, 09:47 PM
When will Ned learn that you can't put Turnbow in with men on base

Boston
09-20-2007, 04:05 PM
When will Ned learn that you can't put Turnbow in with men on base

He had a number of bullpen management errors. Such as that, and putting Spurling in after we tied the game at four in the top of the ninth. I mean, what the ****? Last time he did that, he gave up a home run on the first pitch after an 8 run rally.

GB12
09-20-2007, 04:48 PM
Sheets has a strained hamstring. He will not make his next start, after that it's uncertain but he could be out quite a while.

princefielder28
09-20-2007, 09:28 PM
sad defeat tonight :(

M.O.T.H.
09-20-2007, 09:34 PM
I didnt get the game tonight...how did Bennett look? I know the stat line looks rather impressive...how'd he look?

princefielder28
09-20-2007, 09:35 PM
I didnt get the game tonight...how did Bennett look? I know the stat line looks rather impressive...how'd he look?

he pitched well but the Brewers always struggle against guys they've never faced before

M.O.T.H.
09-20-2007, 09:37 PM
he pitched well but the Brewers always struggle against guys they've never faced before

I was shocked when i saw he had 8 k's...very surprising.

Vince Lombardi
09-21-2007, 08:29 PM
Nice, Brewers just took a 3-1 lead in the 8th against ATL after starting the inning down 0-1. Let's hope they can hold on!

Boston
09-22-2007, 09:20 PM
**** you Cordero! That's probably the season right there.

GB12
09-23-2007, 06:27 PM
Brewers=done

Sportsfan486
09-23-2007, 07:23 PM
Brewers=done

Yup, way to flame out.

princefielder28
09-23-2007, 07:42 PM
Brewers=done

a sad day :(

GB12
09-23-2007, 07:44 PM
Now we can just hope that Ned doesn't force Sheets out there for a meaningless game.

GB12
09-24-2007, 07:55 PM
Jenkins likely to be gone. http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=666126
I don't at all disagree with the decission, but it kind of sucks seeing him go after being one of our few good players through all those terrible seasons.

Also Fielder hit #48, but I wasn't watching and still won't watch it.

drowe
09-25-2007, 07:23 AM
ok, i'm gonna hold strong and NOT lose hope. it is the Cubs. they could choke the way only the Cubs can. :)

either way...Brewers in 2008!!!!!!!!!

GB12
09-25-2007, 07:15 PM
http://blogs.jsonline.com/brewers/archive/2007/09/25/attanasio-says-yost-is-safe.aspx

Booooooooo!

GB12
09-25-2007, 07:23 PM
There goes #49.

princefielder28
09-25-2007, 08:32 PM
Cubs lose!!!!!

princefielder28
09-25-2007, 08:51 PM
7-1 Brewers!!!!!!!!

princefielder28
09-25-2007, 09:23 PM
50 for Prince!!!!!!!!!!!!!

princefielder28
09-26-2007, 01:57 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3036841

passionate hatred

drowe
09-26-2007, 08:18 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3036841

passionate hatred

wow. harsh

Boston
09-26-2007, 09:03 PM
Could the Marlins play spoilers? Not if we can't pull our heads out of our asses and beat the Cardinals.

jackalope
09-26-2007, 09:21 PM
What just happened with Yost and McClung (I'm following the game on ESPN.com gamecenter)?

GB12
09-26-2007, 09:34 PM
Mike Maddux with a Yost-like decission. Why the hell would you not take Turnbow out

drowe
09-27-2007, 08:09 AM
What just happened with Yost and McClung (I'm following the game on ESPN.com gamecenter)?

It was really an awesome sequence.

early in the game, the Cards threw at Fielder. both benches were warned.

in the 8th inning Yost broght in McClung for the sole purpose of beaing Pujols...great commentary

Anderson-Surprising to see McClung in here and not Turnbow.

*McClung beans Turnbow*

Anderson-ah, it all makes sense now

I LOL'd

anyway, since it was obvious that McClung hit him on purpose AND that Yost brought him in JUST to hit a guy, McClung and Yost were quickly ejected.

princefielder28
09-27-2007, 09:35 PM
The Cubs keep trying to give us the division but we keep saying no we are okay with 2nd

Sportsfan486
09-27-2007, 09:47 PM
The Cubs keep trying to give us the division but we keep saying no we are okay with 2nd

I know.. and my friggin' boss is a Cubs fan and I have to hear about it daily.

GRAAA.

I'm just like "I...we have other plans during playoff time is all..."

princefielder28
10-25-2007, 04:43 PM
Fielder was voted most Outstanding Player by the players

Braun was voted Outstanding Rookie by the players

GB12
10-25-2007, 04:49 PM
Fielder was voted most Outstanding Player by the players

Braun was voted Outstanding Rookie by the players

And wont win ROY of MVP because of what the Rockies did in the playoffs.

princefielder28
10-25-2007, 09:50 PM
And wont win ROY of MVP because of what the Rockies did in the playoffs.

If I'm Braun and Fielder I would feel more satisfied with a rewarded voted on by your peers rather than media.

drowe
10-26-2007, 07:41 AM
If I'm Braun and Fielder I would feel more satisfied with a rewarded voted on by your peers rather than media.

i agree...but, as a fan, i want 'em to get the awards that people give a crap about.

princefielder28
10-30-2007, 11:35 AM
Jenkins' option not picked up

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3086562

Boston
10-30-2007, 03:20 PM
Jenkins' option not picked up

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3086562

Wow. I thought this was the Packers thread for a second. :eek:

It's still to bad though. He was with us for all the losing, and the season we finally win, he's gone.

princefielder28
10-31-2007, 09:11 AM
According ESPN.com Curt Schilling has made a list of 13 teams that he would go to and Milwaukee was one of the teams. Now Curt doesn't have his best stuff anymore but it shows the progression of the Brewers organization when a veteran who still wants to win has them as an option.

GB12
10-31-2007, 03:13 PM
According ESPN.com Curt Schilling has made a list of 13 teams that he would go to and Milwaukee was one of the teams. Now Curt doesn't have his best stuff anymore but it shows the progression of the Brewers organization when a veteran who still wants to win has them as an option.
I liked the thought of it at first as he has lots of playoff experience, but our money could be much better spent.

princefielder28
11-07-2007, 07:16 PM
Right now the Brewers are focusing on re-signing Francisco Cordero as the main agenda for the beginning of the offseason.

It'll be interesting to see what move Doug Melvin makes this year in the off-season becuase every year he has done something to improve a big need for Milwaukee.

2003-04: Richie Sexson Trade
2004-05: Scott Podsednik Trade
2005-06: Lyle Overbay Trade
2006(in season): Carlos Lee Trade
2006-07: Doug Davis Trade

I see a trade happening within the pitching staff because we do have a surplus of starters: Ben Sheets, Yovani Gallardo, Chris Capuano, Jeff Suppan, Claudio Vargas, Carlos Villanueva, Manny Parra, Dave Bush, and even Zach Jackson. That's 9 pitchers who have the ability to start and granted probably 2 or so will be in the bullpen that leaves at least two that can be dealt to help improve the bullpen or OF.

Addressing the OF. Bill Hall and Corey Hart are locks to start come opening day but who is the third? If Bill Hall is moved to left then Tony Gwynn Jr. has a shot at CF. If Corey Hart was moved to CF then Gabe Gross would have a shot at RF. If those two stay put then it looks like Kevin Mench would be the LF. Obviously that will need to be addressed through a trade or free agency. Out of free agency I would like to possibly see Aaron Rowand in a Brewers uniform.

It'll be interesting to see what happens when all is said and done and given Melvin's track record I think it's safe to assume that this team will be in better position come Spring Training than they are at this very moment.

princefielder28
11-12-2007, 01:28 PM
Ryan Braun wins NL ROY!

princefielder28
11-20-2007, 02:02 PM
Prince Fielder finished 3rd in the NL MVP voting

drowe
11-20-2007, 02:32 PM
Prince Fielder finished 3rd in the NL MVP voting

yeah, pretty much expected that. fair enough. just glad Braun got his.

princefielder28
11-20-2007, 08:04 PM
Brewers trade catcher Johnny Estrada for reliever Guillermo Mota

Opening the door for Jason Kendall

drowe
11-21-2007, 07:19 AM
Brewers trade catcher Johnny Estrada for reliever Guillermo Mota

Opening the door for Jason Kendall

hard to get excited about this move. Estrada wasn't great, but i don't think Kendall will be an upgrade by any stretch. not sure about trading for a guy with a steroid suspension under his belt either.

princefielder28
11-23-2007, 06:50 PM
Cordero signs with Reds :(

4 years totaling 46 million

princefielder28
11-23-2007, 07:51 PM
The Brewers will now turn their attention to relievers Troy Percival and Ron Mahay. I would not be suprised either to see the Brewers throw the "Cordero money" towards an outfielder.

princefielder28
11-28-2007, 09:42 AM
Brewers are reportedly talking to the Twins about possibly acquiring Joe Nathan, who will be a free agent after the 2008 season. My guess would be that the Twins would be looking for CF Tony Gwynn Jr., a young pitcher like Steve Hammond, and a young 3B such as Adam Heether

Whistler6
11-28-2007, 02:30 PM
I am so sick of the Brewers always letting their big names leave. Cordero was reliable VERY reliable and we decided not to lock him up. I am just fine with letting Linebrink go especially for the money her got paid. But honestly we have money why won't we spend it.. I am not making the decisions and I do not know what the Brewers know, but geez it doesn't look good from a fans perspective. ESPECIALLY Cordero staying in the NL Central

GB12
11-28-2007, 03:27 PM
I am so sick of the Brewers always letting their big names leave. Cordero was reliable VERY reliable and we decided not to lock him up. I am just fine with letting Linebrink go especially for the money her got paid. But honestly we have money why won't we spend it.. I am not making the decisions and I do not know what the Brewers know, but geez it doesn't look good from a fans perspective. ESPECIALLY Cordero staying in the NL Central
He is not worth that much money. He's hit or miss and will be 36 by the time the deal ends. I expect him to struggle quite a bit in Cincy. He's a good closer, but very replaceable. We'll find someone. Just look at our past three closers, Cordero, Turnbow, and Kolb all had at least 39 saves for us. Turnbow and Kolb didn't cost us anything and even Cordero's contract wasn't that big while with us. Having a good closer is important, but it should not be a postion that ties up a lot of money. Cordero's deal with the Reds gives him the most guarenteed money for a reliver in the history of baseball, no thanks. Also think of this, would you rather have Cordero or have more free money to resign Fielder, Hardy, Braun, etc. when their contracts expire?

Whistler6
11-28-2007, 09:54 PM
He is not worth that much money. He's hit or miss and will be 36 by the time the deal ends. I expect him to struggle quite a bit in Cincy. He's a good closer, but very replaceable. We'll find someone. Just look at our past three closers, Cordero, Turnbow, and Kolb all had at least 39 saves for us. Turnbow and Kolb didn't cost us anything and even Cordero's contract wasn't that big while with us. Having a good closer is important, but it should not be a postion that ties up a lot of money. Cordero's deal with the Reds gives him the most guarenteed money for a reliver in the history of baseball, no thanks. Also think of this, would you rather have Cordero or have more free money to resign Fielder, Hardy, Braun, etc. when their contracts expire?

Turnbow didn't cost money? We signed him to a big extension and he flopped. Everytime he comes in the game I feel like my head is going to explode. With Cordero there was confidence we would see strikes and good location. We cannot go back to Turnbow closing games for us. You are right though, closers are replaceable, except for the top few in the game. Cordero was reliable, consistent, and people in Milwaukee loved him. I think the extra 4 million Cincy gave him...we could have afforded. Especially with all the people let go in the offseason. Letting Cordero go and bringing in Kendall is not the answer. It's just not. I really hope we make a move for Percival or possibly Nathan from the Twins.

The Brewers play a lot of close games and NEED 7th-8th-9th innning solid pitching. We want to contend IN the playoffs. Not contend to MAKE the playoffs.

GB12
11-28-2007, 10:20 PM
Turnbow didn't cost money? We signed him to a big extension and he flopped. Everytime he comes in the game I feel like my head is going to explode. With Cordero there was confidence we would see strikes and good location. We cannot go back to Turnbow closing games for us. You are right though, closers are replaceable, except for the top few in the game. Cordero was reliable, consistent, and people in Milwaukee loved him. I think the extra 4 million Cincy gave him...we could have afforded. Especially with all the people let go in the offseason. Letting Cordero go and bringing in Kendall is not the answer. It's just not. I really hope we make a move for Percival or possibly Nathan from the Twins.

The Brewers play a lot of close games and NEED 7th-8th-9th innning solid pitching. We want to contend IN the playoffs. Not contend to MAKE the playoffs.
I was talking about when Turnbow was the closer. He was making under half a million and got us 39 saves. Even now he's not costing us too much (thankfully!), I think he's signed for 3 years 7 million. That's nearly 30 million less than Cordero. Cordero was good, but the point is we can find someone who'll be almost or just as effective as he was for a lot less money. I can tell you right now that Nathan to Milwaukee is not going to happen. He's a free agent after this season and then we'd be back to where we are now. I think the closer for next year is already on our roster. Bush, Villanueva, McClung, Turnbow, and possibly Vargas could get a shot to take the job. I personally like Villanueva. With the right coaching he could be a dominating closer.

princefielder28
11-28-2007, 10:22 PM

Cordero's deal was very rich for a franchise that still does not bring in the revenue that the big market teams do, and the fact that our payroll has expanded to where it is is an achievement in itself. As far as the closer's role, I think that Turnbow will be given the shot early but don't be suprised if Seth McClung possibly gets a chance or even an available free agent such as Percival, who looks like he's headed for Tampa, or Eric Gagne.

drowe
11-29-2007, 07:50 AM
i'm fine with letting Cordero go. i think his best days are behind him and he was grossly overpaid by the reds. realistically, the Crew won't be able to resign everybody. so, i'm hoping they're putting this Cordero money in the bank in an effort to keep the infield together....or maybe grab a corner outfielder.

Whistler6
11-29-2007, 01:14 PM
Next season we will hover around .500. I am a Brewer homer through and through and watch atleast 100 of the total games and will be going to atleast 20, but the way the Brewers handle things will keep us where we are right now. I love our talent and our youth, but youth doesn't win championships... Maybe I'm being selfish, but come on we celebrate 1982 like we won the World Series.. WE MADE IT THERE AND LOST. Either way I can't wait till 2008. go Crew!

princefielder28
11-30-2007, 09:31 AM
The Brewers are close to finalizing a three year deal with free agent reliever David Riske.

drowe
11-30-2007, 09:54 AM
The Brewers are close to finalizing a three year deal with free agent reliever David Riske.

yeah. there's the earth shaking signing we've all been waiting for.

Whistler6
11-30-2007, 10:44 AM
Mark my words.. In a few years either JJ, Prince, or Braun will be gone. They will want the money they deserve, and we won't give it to them

Whistler6
11-30-2007, 02:18 PM
I love the Brewers and will root for them win or lose, but it's frustrating...That's all

princefielder28
12-08-2007, 12:45 PM
The Brewers acquired reliever Solomon Torres yesterday from the Pirates, and now it looks like Torres may retire; that would be a bad break for Milwaukee seeing as they gave up two middle-of-the-road relievers.