PDA

View Full Version : Rise and Fall of Nations Sign-Up/Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Forenci
11-19-2012, 07:48 PM
Well, I thought with the recent success of some of the mafia games it might be interesting to try another forum game.

Anyways, essentially what this game becomes is a more in-depth version of RISK. Although unlike RISK, the goal isn’t necessarily to just conquer your opponent. You can establish alliances, build a militaristic empire, or decide to build economic utopia, etc. You can declare war if you like, or walk the route of peace. I suppose if I had to sum it up, it’s like an awesome version of RISK combined with something like model U.N.

I won’t go too crazy into some of the rules or explaining the game, as I’m not sure how interested people will be. Essentially the game is pretty relaxed though. Depending how active people are, or aren’t, the game can slow down or speed up as needed. People post in an “actions” thread, as well as use PM’s to send other types of actions (actions aren’t from a set list, it’s basically whatever you like to do).

I've done this on other forums with a lot of success. People usually have a blast. You don’t necessarily need to be politically minded or have a ton of knowledge of certain countries as there are a lot of information resources to rely on to help you out. I try not to make the game too complex. This is usually a pretty good game, as I mentioned before, as it doesn't need to go a hundred miles an hour in order to get things done. Also, because of that, I don’t think it would interfere if the mafia games pick back up, or if people get busy with everyday life.

Basically, each week you write up a post (it can be long if you want, or succinct and straight to the point) detailing your various actions of your country. Declare war, make spending cut backs, or open diplomatic relations with any number of countries.

Well, that’s probably enough of me blabbering on, so if anyone wants to sign up just say so here. This thread is just to gauge interest, and if enough people do sign up, I’ll get into some of the rules (there aren’t too many!) and we could pick countries later, which will probably be done draft style so it’s fair.

I'd say if we can get at least 8-10 people to sign up we can go forward and I'll explain exactly how everything works.

Signed Up

Vidae
Rob S
Fenikz
Giantsfan 1080
*** Ork Wang
Grizzlegom
Cigaro
Dr. Gonzo
Caddy
RufusMcDaniel
CJ Schneier
bantx
AntoinCD
ImBrotherCain
Buckeye
Shane P. Hallam
SuperMcGee
Bulldogs
Scottyboy

vidae
11-19-2012, 07:51 PM
I'm in for showwwwwww.

Rob S
11-19-2012, 07:51 PM
I'd be in to at least see how one round goes.

Rob S
11-19-2012, 07:52 PM
Vidae and I already have an alliance. We are combining countries and naming our new homeland Transylvania, which we would have already ridded of vampires.

fenikz
11-19-2012, 07:55 PM
ya im interested, i will be putting all of my military money into building giant mechs

Giantsfan1080
11-19-2012, 07:56 PM
This sounds really fun. I'm in.

Forenci
11-19-2012, 07:57 PM
ALSO, I'd like to point out that I will be acting as the "moderator." Essentially, the moderator determines how successful certain actions are, as well as throws in other interesting elements (such as natural disasters, outcomes of wars, etc.).

Although you CAN do whatever you want, the moderator attempts to keep it in the realm of realism. For example, if you're the US and try to convert to a communist nation over night you'll probably have wide scale riots and your government would be toppled (just an extreme example). Or if you nuke Canada, that might cause some issues (as much as we all want it to happen).

vidae
11-19-2012, 08:01 PM
Vidae and I already have an alliance. We are combining countries and naming our new homeland Transylvania, which we would have already ridded of vampires.

We are MASONED! PLEASE BELIEVE US!

Gay Ork Wang
11-19-2012, 08:02 PM
i guess im in

Giantsfan1080
11-19-2012, 08:02 PM
Is this going to require multiple looks throughout the day? I'm usually a little limited at times mostly weekends.

Forenci
11-19-2012, 08:05 PM
Is this going to require multiple looks throughout the day? I'm usually a little limited at times mostly weekends.

It really just depends. Essentially it's turn-based. Everyone has to make their post on their countries actions and then we wait until they're all in. Then I make my response and post it and so on. It's very self-paced. I might start off slow with requiring a person to post their actions once a week and go from there.

Depends how many people sign up. More people = longer it takes to advance.

So basically, no to answer your question. You can look at it a few times a week, if we're not going too fast.

Giantsfan1080
11-19-2012, 08:08 PM
Excellent. Should be a good one.

Grizzlegom
11-19-2012, 08:31 PM
Sounds fun, sign me up!

Cigaro
11-19-2012, 08:34 PM
If this isn't as fast paced as mafia and just requires checking in multiple times a week, I can certainly manage. So sign me up!

Dr. Gonzo
11-19-2012, 08:38 PM
This sounds awesome. I am very much in.

Caddy
11-19-2012, 08:39 PM
I'm Australia.

Rob S
11-19-2012, 08:40 PM
I'm Australia.

I'm sure nobody want Australia anyway.

Forenci
11-19-2012, 08:42 PM
I'm Australia.

Does that mean you're in? Haha.

And like I said, I'll probably ask to see what country everyone wants and then if there are a lot of conflicts either hold a draft or just resolve it separately.

Caddy
11-19-2012, 08:43 PM
Does that mean you're in? Haha.

And like I said, I'll probably ask to see what country everyone wants and then if there are a lot of conflicts either hold a draft or just resolve it separately.

Yes I'm in! I will not be partaking in the draft as I believe nobody has a better claim to it!

Also, we have all the mining resources one could dream of. I will be accepting applications to be my friend shortly.

Forenci
11-19-2012, 08:47 PM
Neat. And I'm not sure when to start. I wouldn't mind starting it off a little smaller to begin. Honestly, another thing that is awesome about this game is people can join up even when its in progress (or at least after a turn is completed). Any country that isn't occupied people can hop in.

I MAY start it at 10 people.

Dr. Gonzo
11-19-2012, 08:48 PM
First order of business for my country, legalizing drugs and prostitution and offering any member of my military plenty of both on the house.

vidae
11-19-2012, 08:55 PM
My first order of business as the United States is to invade Australia for their precious natural resources and women. Once all of the men are enslaved I will be auctioning off the women to the highest bidders. All of them except my beautiful Yvonne. She stays with me always.

Dr. Gonzo
11-19-2012, 08:59 PM
My first order of business as the United States is to invade Australia for their precious natural resources and women. Once all of the men are enslaved I will be auctioning off the women to the highest bidders. All of them except my beautiful Yvonne. She stays with me always.

Classic evil Vidae.

I think it is only logical that I rep China though I am very tempted to go all North Korea on your asses. First order of business, nuke Caddy.

RufusMcDaniel
11-19-2012, 09:01 PM
I would like to play, and I would like to be australia

Rob S
11-19-2012, 09:02 PM
We should all nuke Caddy so he still dies night 1. I'll be New Zealand and swoop in and claim the territory.

CJSchneider
11-19-2012, 09:03 PM
I guess I'll give it a go.

Cigaro
11-19-2012, 09:04 PM
I'm going to be Greece and **** all of your economies.

vidae
11-19-2012, 09:06 PM
We should all nuke Caddy so he still dies night 1. I'll be New Zealand and swoop in and claim the territory.

I can see our alliance will be very fruitful indeed.

Caddy
Everyone wants to nuke me :(

Dr. Gonzo
I am also tempted to be Iceland because I enjoy prosecuting bankers and the divine music of Bjork. **** Iceland though because I just want to drone strike some *************.

bantx
11-19-2012, 09:12 PM
I want in! But when do we start!

BuckeyeDan17
11-19-2012, 09:18 PM
I would like to play if you are not full. Columbia baby.

Dr. Gonzo
11-19-2012, 09:20 PM
I would like to play if you are not full. Columbia baby.

**** ya. I needed someone to run Colombia. My nation will need a ******* lot of cocaine just to fuel our prostitutes.

BuckeyeDan17
11-19-2012, 09:23 PM
**** ya. I needed someone to run Colombia. My nation will need a ******* lot of cocaine just to fuel our prostitutes.

Your Hooker ring will be a well-oiled machine. We will do great things together.

Forenci
11-19-2012, 09:27 PM
We have 13 so I'm going to temporarily cut off sign ups until at least the first turn is over. If more people want in, they can hop in on the next wave and choose their country on a first come, first serve basis.

It doesn't look like there will be many conflicts with countries. I'll send out a PM asking you all to pick your top 3 countries though. If there are issues I'll resolve them likely by flipping a coin (sorry!).

Also, I'll likely put up a very detailed version of what to expect and the rules. I apologize because it's fairly lengthy but bare with me and read it!

Cigaro
11-19-2012, 09:41 PM
We'll be able to see the rules before making the country selection, right? Because obviously the rules could easily influence my choices.

Shane P. Hallam
11-19-2012, 09:54 PM
I'll try it out!

Forenci
11-19-2012, 09:54 PM
Correct sir. I'm going to make a separate thread shortly for the rules/guidelines/etc. because it's quite lengthy, and I want people to be able to ask questions there if they need to.

SuperMcGee
11-19-2012, 10:23 PM
I will accept a **** nation like Australia as punishment for my tardiness.

Rob S
11-19-2012, 10:25 PM
I will accept a **** nation like Australia as punishment for my tardiness.

You can only have Canada or Mauritania.

SuperMcGee
11-19-2012, 10:27 PM
Canada rules. I get to exile the Baines, right?

Caddy
You will all rue the day you bad mouthed Australia. Who wants to trade some military equip for wildlife?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5nsw3yCT91qzupoyo1_1280.png

Forenci
Just put up the how to play and rules thread. It's locked temporarily because I'm just finishing up/editing of what a post might normally look like.

Rob S
11-19-2012, 10:30 PM
Canada rules. I get to exile the Baines, right?

That's the catch. You have to keep the Baines' and you can't even enslave them.

Dr. Gonzo
11-19-2012, 10:33 PM
That's the catch. You have to keep the Baines' and you can't even enslave them.

We will spread our seed and TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!

ImBrotherCain
11-19-2012, 10:36 PM
Damn it Forenci if you don't include me I will destroy you!

Forenci
11-19-2012, 10:42 PM
Damn it Forenci if you don't include me I will destroy you!

Haha, my bad! Thought I had included you! I just finished up posting an example post for what is expected. Keep in mind, it doesn't have to be this long. This is basically the jist of the game.

If anyone doesn't want to participate, let me know but I'll send out PM's shortly requiring you to make a list of countries you'd be willing to run. Be sure you have good back ups because you might not get the country you want if it is conflicting.

This still seem interesting to you guys? Hopefully so! I'll open up the other thread if you have specific questions.

Dr. Gonzo
11-19-2012, 10:44 PM
I better get USA so I can show you filthy Americans how to run a country. Obviously that is by making Evangelical Christianity mandatory.

Forenci
11-19-2012, 10:46 PM
I better get USA so I can show you filthy Americans how to run a country. Obviously that is by making Evangelical Christianity mandatory.

Haha, just remember it's a game though. The reason I've always hesitated about running this forum game is because I worried people might try to make it personal. Granted, I like that we're in the subforum because it isolates things a bit but at the end of the day its just a game. I've played this with people who are super economically liberal but play it conservative for the sake of a particular country. That's part of the fun of the game.

Caddy
11-19-2012, 10:47 PM
Don't even bother sending me a PM forenci! It's Australia or nothing!

Caddy
11-19-2012, 10:48 PM
Haha, just remember it's a game though. The reason I've always hesitated about running this forum game is because I worried people might try to make it personal. Granted, I like that we're in the subforum because it isolates things a bit but at the end of the day its just a game. I've played this with people who are super economically liberal but play it conservative for the sake of a particular country. That's part of the fun of the game.

I bet nuclear war has broken out within 2-3 action cycles.

Dr. Gonzo
11-19-2012, 10:50 PM

I actually think I would do a good job running America. I do want to make it fun and get a little wild but keep it fairly realistic. That said, condoms and prostitutes for everybody!

Rob S
11-19-2012, 10:50 PM
Caddy must die night one, everyone. It's tradition. Everyone with a nuke, you know what to do.

BuckeyeDan17
11-19-2012, 10:55 PM
Pretty excited, I must say.

Forenci
11-19-2012, 10:59 PM
I actually think I would do a good job running America. I do want to make it fun and get a little wild but keep it fairly realistic. That said, condoms and prostitutes for everybody!

Haha, I have no problem with that. However, as I stated in the how to play post, just expect any major social issue to meet opposition if it isn't implemented gradually or with tact.

Dr. Gonzo
11-19-2012, 11:04 PM
As long as I am allowed to deport large groups of people to Australia I should be fine.

BuckeyeDan17
11-19-2012, 11:05 PM
Forenci I think I replied to your pm but I don't know if it sent. Will you confirm that you did or didnt receive it?

Forenci
11-19-2012, 11:05 PM
...I'll allow it.

And it did Buckeye, thanks!

Rob S
11-19-2012, 11:07 PM
Sweet, I'm deporting people to Australia too. All my criminals are going there right before we blow Caddy off the face of the Earth.

BuckeyeDan17
11-19-2012, 11:13 PM
You guys will need energy to destroy caddy. Make sure you drop by south America for a few lines of blow and a medium espresso.

Rob S
11-19-2012, 11:25 PM
btw, forenci....if someone wants my 1st choice, just give it to them. I'll take #2 on my list.

Dr. Gonzo
11-19-2012, 11:27 PM
For the record, North Korea is the best Korea.

Forenci
11-19-2012, 11:28 PM
Thanks Rob, that helps haha. There's more conflict than I was expecting so hopefully everyone chose countries they were okay with in their second and potentially third option.

Rob S
11-19-2012, 11:33 PM
The more I thought about it, I figured my 2nd choice may be more fun anyway.

Bulldogs
11-19-2012, 11:35 PM
I'll join.

Forenci
11-19-2012, 11:36 PM
YOU'RE TOO LATE BULLDOGS. Just kidding.

This goes to everyone: Make sure to check out the forum post on the rules and how to play guide.

Rob S
11-19-2012, 11:37 PM
I'm assuming you will post a country list and then we can start wheeling and dealing? Do you think it will be soon?

Forenci
11-19-2012, 11:42 PM
I'm assuming you will post a country list and then we can start wheeling and dealing? Do you think it will be soon?

Still waiting on quite a few people's lists. Another nice thing about this game is you're welcome to talk privately to anyone you want. There's no real way to cheat. If you wish to form secretly alliances, that's fine.

However, if you try to gang up on individuals for no reason whatsoever I do have control over countries that people aren't using so they could easily come to the rescue of someone unfairly attacked and such.

Makes it sort of fun too. If you attack without good reason, you could end up starting World War III.

Caddy
11-19-2012, 11:49 PM
I won't forget what everyone is saying in here. Especially you, Rob.

RufusMcDaniel
11-19-2012, 11:59 PM
I would like to form an alliance with Caddy...btw I am Uganda...Kony 2012!

Forenci
11-20-2012, 12:02 AM

Don't forget to respond to the countries PM!

Dr. Gonzo
11-20-2012, 12:32 AM

I will be strong arming the rest of the UN into making you our leader. KONY 2012!!!!! We are going to have the most badass army of children.

BuckeyeDan17
11-20-2012, 12:41 AM
I'm getting anxious to get this **** started. Mofuggaz need to reply to the pm damnit. I have so many items on my agenda and people to terminate. Chop chop, this blow isn't going to sell itself!

Dr. Gonzo
11-20-2012, 12:49 AM
I'm getting anxious to get this **** started. Mofuggaz need to reply to the pm damnit. I have so many items on my agenda and people to terminate. Chop chop, this blow isn't going to sell itself!

I shouldn't have gotten started with you before this thing started. I won't be able to sleep now. I better get USA so I can pay off this cocaine debt I am currently accruing. I will also be arming my military with Columbian machetes which also make good cocaine snorting surfaces.

Rob S
11-20-2012, 12:51 AM
Are negotiations allowed now?

BuckeyeDan17
11-20-2012, 01:18 AM
I shouldn't have gotten started with you before this thing started. I won't be able to sleep now. I better get USA so I can pay off this cocaine debt I am currently accruing. I will also be arming my military with Columbian machetes which also make good cocaine snorting surfaces.

You don't even know. I have been looking up GDP information, military budgets, our import/export percentages, crime rates and evolution of policy. I cant stop.

Rob I would imagine no since countries haven't been made official. I will throw a child tantrum if I don't get C after the reading ive done.

scottyboy
11-20-2012, 07:01 AM
me por favor

vidae
11-20-2012, 08:30 AM
Are negotiations allowed now?

I don't have a country yet! How can we start negotiating! wtf!

Grizzlegom
11-20-2012, 08:36 AM
Sorry if I was holding this up, I just sent in my country choices now

Caddy
11-20-2012, 08:40 AM
Hopefully this is set to go when I wake up :D

AntoinCD
11-20-2012, 08:42 AM
Aw man I wish I had seen this earlier. I would have been Ireland and invited all the other countries to a party. Then when nobody was looking I'd invade Northern Ireland and take it back, then the rest of the world!!!!!

villagewarrior
11-20-2012, 08:45 AM
Late to the party but I'd like to play if at all possible.

Rob S
11-20-2012, 08:56 AM
I don't have a country yet! How can we start negotiating! wtf!

I figured we couldn't, but some people alluded to discussion they were having. I just don't want us to get left behind, Vidae.

Shane P. Hallam
11-20-2012, 09:59 AM
Aw man I wish I had seen this earlier. I would have been Ireland and invited all the other countries to a party. Then when nobody was looking I'd invade Northern Ireland and take it back, then the rest of the world!!!!!

You can still sign-up

Forenci
11-20-2012, 10:33 AM
I added Scottboy and Antoin. I decided to make the cut off there, but if things go well you're more than welcome to join after the first turn, Village.

Anyone else interested might have to join after first or second turn. I just want to make sure it's not too crazy to start off.

I'm just waiting on a couple more people to get their countries in.

Forenci
11-20-2012, 11:07 AM
And again, hopefully people were alright with their second and third choices. Quite a bit of competition for some countries resulted in coin flips and me ensuring people got their highest countries on their list (if possible).

I'm going to make the deadline for picking a country 5 pm if that works for everybody. Anybody who hasn't picked a country by then will be on a first come, first serve basis and can just pick their country and run with it as long as it's not taken.

Rob S
11-20-2012, 11:24 AM
Hooray for the 5 PM deadline! Also, Forenci, I hope I get 1st claim to my #2 as I so kindly offered up my #1 country in the event of a conflict.

Forenci
11-20-2012, 11:25 AM
You will. No one else has requested it so you should be good.

Rob S
11-20-2012, 11:26 AM
Sweetness. Should be a fun country.

vidae
11-20-2012, 11:37 AM
If I get my #2 choice and Rob gets his #2 choice.. watch out world. **** is about to GO DOWN.

CJSchneider
11-20-2012, 11:38 AM
I went after countries I didn't think people would go after.

Grizzlegom
11-20-2012, 11:50 AM
If I get my #3 country, I have a feeling its economy is about to explode due to a heavy increase in exports.

Bulldogs
11-20-2012, 12:00 PM
Alright I finally decided to stop being a lazy ass and read the rules. Picking my countries now.

bantx
11-20-2012, 12:02 PM
List the people who hasn't responded back for countries so we can harass them to hurry the hell up.

vidae
11-20-2012, 12:09 PM
Anyone who has yet to pick a country gets my first round of nukes. You have been warned.

CJSchneider
11-20-2012, 12:09 PM
List the people who hasn't responded back for countries so we can harass them to hurry the hell up.

Not to mention invade them when they finally pick a country.

TheBoyWonder22
11-20-2012, 12:20 PM
If there's still room I'm down.

Forenci
11-20-2012, 12:20 PM
It's just two people. Two people that might not be here due to time zone and such.

Also, TBW, you're welcome to join but I did cut off sign-ups. After we go through our first turn you're welcome to pick a country.

TheBoyWonder22
11-20-2012, 12:22 PM
Just saw it was cut off, but you could let us both in and it's even.

TheBoyWonder22
11-20-2012, 12:22 PM
Sweet, pm me when I can pick.

SuperMcGee
11-20-2012, 12:26 PM
I went for the countries I enjoy. Nothing too crazy. More of a wait and see and get invaded by Renji approach.

Rob S
11-20-2012, 12:39 PM
I went for the countries I enjoy. Nothing too crazy. More of a wait and see and get invaded by Renji approach.

If you're Poland, don't let Renji take over again. You're gonna have a bad time.

SuperMcGee
11-20-2012, 12:45 PM
It's going to happen. All too easily.

Cigaro
11-20-2012, 02:54 PM
Hurry your tits up.

Grizzlegom
11-20-2012, 02:56 PM
I love how impatient we are around here.

GET YOUR NIGHT ACTIONS IN DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!

Damix
11-20-2012, 02:57 PM
I am taking my services to whatever country vidae ends up with

Edit: also this is fairly similar to nationstates, though much more open ended. Essentially you answer 25 primer questions and your nation is created, then answer different questions as they come up (laws, economics, civil rights, etc). and your nation continues to take shape based on your answers.

bantx
11-20-2012, 03:45 PM
should have been a rule about no foreigners allowed they ruin everything!

Rob S
11-20-2012, 04:13 PM
We have hit the cut off time

Caddy
11-20-2012, 04:48 PM
Lets get this party started.

Forenci
11-20-2012, 05:06 PM
Game thread will be up shortly with your countries.

BuckeyeDan17
11-20-2012, 05:24 PM
Look at you, keeping us on the edge of our seats. Seriously, I'm anxious as hell.

Forenci
11-20-2012, 05:53 PM
Game thread is up. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. I will likely make a discussion thread as well for anyone who wants to discuss any game-related treaties, trades, etc. You don't have to use the thread for that and may discuss it privately if you desire. However, any trades/treaties must be posted in your covert or overt action summaries.

Have fun gents! I look forward to see what you guys decide to do.

Rob S
11-20-2012, 06:00 PM
How did nobody take Iran? Seriously?

Forenci
11-20-2012, 06:01 PM
Haha, good question. Would be an interesting one to say the least. It's alright, I may toy around with Iran since nobody picked it up.

Also, to avoid creating too many threads this can be used as the discussion thread.

vidae
11-20-2012, 06:04 PM
I was really hoping someone would take Iran when I picked Israel. Damnit.

Rob S
11-20-2012, 06:05 PM
I was really hoping someone would take Iran when I picked Israel. Damnit.

Ditto w/ Saudi Arabia. Maybe one of the outstanding people will take Iran.

Gay Ork Wang
im guessing im out? lol i got the PM at like 5 am and just got around the pc :/

Rob S
If you take Iran, you're in!

Forenci
11-20-2012, 06:06 PM
im guessing im out? lol i got the PM at like 5 am and just got around the pc :/

You're still in if you want to be! Just let me know what country you want ( and make sure to read the rules if you haven't already).

Cigaro
11-20-2012, 06:07 PM
How did nobody take Iran? Seriously?

I considered it, but I'd want to deviate to much from its current hardcore theocracy, and I felt doing so would be a bit inauthentic. I'd love to see someone play them without trying to radically change things.

But anyways;

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100908235756/swtoroff-topic/images/4/4e/Brazil_hot_girl_world_cup.jpg

I'm definitely going to be a Brazilian Berlusconi.

Gay Ork Wang
11-20-2012, 06:08 PM
Im taking north korea. suck it.

Forenci
11-20-2012, 06:15 PM
Also, if anyone wants to switch countries now is the time. Many people ended up with their second, and some there third choice. If you wish to change just let me know.

BuckeyeDan17
11-20-2012, 06:20 PM
I considered it, but I'd want to deviate to much from its current hardcore theocracy, and I felt doing so would be a bit inauthentic. I'd love to see someone play them without trying to radically change things.

But anyways;

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100908235756/swtoroff-topic/images/4/4e/Brazil_hot_girl_world_cup.jpg

I'm definitely going to be a Brazilian Berlusconi.

Oh hey neighbor.

Dr. Gonzo
11-20-2012, 06:24 PM
Just so everyone knows I am out and on my phone. If I don't respond to your pms it's because I will be responding when I get home.

scottyboy
11-20-2012, 06:29 PM
i don't actually know what I'm doing. So I'mma just do poland things

SuperMcGee
11-20-2012, 06:33 PM
Poland things are best things. Mmm pierogi.

Forenci
11-20-2012, 06:34 PM
i don't actually know what I'm doing. So I'mma just do poland things

You are a history major. I expect much from you.

scottyboy
11-20-2012, 06:43 PM
if anyone posts blitzkreig bob, they're in trouble.

Forenci
11-20-2012, 08:18 PM
Also, I wanted to point out, any responses MUST come in the next turn. For example, if someone is invading your country and you post AFTER the persons invasion you can't preempt their current and ongoing strike in the current turn.

This is why the covert action summary is important too. If you want to attack someone without them having any idea its coming (in the small chance they could somehow mitigate the damage in their own action summary) then the covert action summary is the way to go. Granted, unless this is a small surgical strike then it will become known but you will maintain the complete element of surprise.

I just wanted to clarify that. This is a turn based game. You can't react to certain things until the next turn.

Forenci
11-21-2012, 08:41 AM
I'm excited to see who will have the first action summary! Take all the time you need (within one week), although if everyone gets it in we can advance.

It's difficult to sum up exactly how long one turn is, but needless to say if you're doing something like..trying to increase education spending or research over a five year period it will certainly take some time to take effect.

However, something like a war is persistent and ongoing.

Wootylicous
11-21-2012, 08:46 AM
****! Wish I would have seen this earlier :(

Giantsfan1080
11-21-2012, 10:02 AM
I'm excited to see who will have the first action summary! Take all the time you need (within one week), although if everyone gets it in we can advance.

It's difficult to sum up exactly how long one turn is, but needless to say if you're doing something like..trying to increase education spending or research over a five year period it will certainly take some time to take effect.

However, something like a war is persistent and ongoing.

So we can send you our Overt measures when ever now?

Forenci
11-21-2012, 10:29 AM
So we can send you our Overt measures when ever now?

Yessir. Just use the format to the how to play/rules thread and you guys can post you action summary at any time. Also, you may send your covert actions too via PM.

Shane P. Hallam
11-21-2012, 11:17 AM
Quick question:

For the Overt actions, can they be edited/updated through the week (or until we advance,) or once it is posted it is set in stone?

I am assuming covert actions are set in stone when sent so you don't get 50,000 PMs, lol.

vidae
11-21-2012, 11:37 AM
Israel will be posting our overt actions very shortly. I'm cleaning it up a bit and still talking to a few countries to make sure I get everything done.

Dr. Gonzo
11-21-2012, 01:06 PM
Anybody who takes action against the west can expect a quick and severe counter attack.

AntoinCD
11-21-2012, 01:08 PM
Japan is contemplating putting a ban on anime porn because that **** is weird

vidae
11-21-2012, 01:08 PM
Anybody who takes action against the west can expect a quick and severe counter attack.

And not just from the US but her allies as well.

SuperMcGee
11-21-2012, 01:43 PM
Japan is contemplating putting a ban on anime porn because that **** is weird

I sense a revolt coming.

bantx
11-21-2012, 01:55 PM
I see the US is already trying to create tension between the powerful nation of China. We will not be bullied this is a warning.

Dr. Gonzo
11-21-2012, 02:05 PM
I see the US is already trying to create tension between the powerful nation of China. We will not be bullied this is a warning.

Interesting that you are trying to garner public support. I simply asked you not to fund my enemies, you then responded that we are not allies and you would not retaliate against anyone who attacked me which I never asked you to do. I see through you, fund the enemies of the west and sit back, doing nothing, and watch everyone take each other out.

bantx
11-21-2012, 02:13 PM
Interesting that you are trying to garner public support. I simply asked you not to fund my enemies, you then responded that we are not allies and you would not retaliate against anyone who attacked me which I never asked you to do. I see through you, fund the enemies of the west and sit back, doing nothing, and watch everyone take each other out.

Garner public support? I'm warning you stop threatening me about you and your allies that will cut trades with china if I do not agree to your offer. Even threatening to go to war with me. The US threatening China about cutting us off is not a wise move on your part. So I said this was a warning and if you continue your economy would hurt without us so stop with the threatening PMs.

bantx
11-21-2012, 02:15 PM
And don't change up my wording I will screen shot the PMs if you continue to try to manipulate opinions of other nations with your wording.

Dr. Gonzo
11-21-2012, 02:16 PM
Garner public support? I'm warning you stop threatening me about you and your allies that will cut trades with china if I do not agree to your offer. Even threatening to go to war with me. The US threatening China about cutting us off is not a wise move on your part. So I said this was a warning and if you continue your economy would hurt without us so stop with the threatening PMs.

The only way you could take what I said as a threat is if you are working against me. I never asked you to agree to any offer, I am simply stating that if you are funding those working against the west there will be consequences.

bantx
11-21-2012, 02:24 PM
China has been supply the nations you mentioned for awhile now so cutting ties with them only to benefit is not something I will do. I take it as a threat because it is a threat.

"You have a large army but I have a large group of countries that will join forces with me. The second I feel you have made your move against me heavy trade sanctions will be levied on you by not only the US but the majority of countries in the world. I want to work with you but I am prepared to go to war if that is what it takes."

Sounds and looks like a threat to me.

Dr. Gonzo
11-21-2012, 02:27 PM
China has been supply the nations you mentioned for awhile now so cutting ties with them only to benefit is not something I will do. I take it as a threat because it is a threat.

"You have a large army but I have a large group of countries that will join forces with me. The second I feel you have made your move against me heavy trade sanctions will be levied on you by not only the US but the majority of countries in the world. I want to work with you but I am prepared to go to war if that is what it takes."

Sounds and looks like a threat to me.

I never even mentioned any countries being enemies of mine. You have just confirmed that you are working with countries that you know to be planning on attack on the west. I am sure it involves other countries as well. Let it be known to the world that China is being shady as ****.

bantx
11-21-2012, 02:31 PM
I never even mentioned any countries being enemies of mine. You have just confirmed that you are working with countries that you know to be planning on attack on the west. I am sure it involves other countries as well. Let it be known to the world that China is being shady as ****.

You're trying to play this like a mafia game. Saying, "China is being shady as ****." is a great way to run a nation.

You're going to run the US into the dirt economically with the way you you're trying to run things.

And I didn't mention any countries either. This is a direct quote from the pm box, stop digging the US into a bigger hole.

Dr. Gonzo
11-21-2012, 02:36 PM
You're trying to play this like a mafia game. Saying, "China is being shady as ****." is a great way to run a nation.

You're going to run the US into the dirt economically with the way you you're trying to run things.

And I didn't mention any countries either. This is a direct quote from the pm box, stop digging the US into a bigger hole.

I take military attacks against my nation seriously. I wanted to feel you out and I succeeded. You are not to be trusted and you know of an imminent attack and are keeping that information to yourself. I hope to usher in a new age of peace and prosperity to the world, clearly you have ulterior motives.

comahan
11-21-2012, 02:42 PM
Seriously, this isn't mafia. Christ.

Dr. Gonzo
11-21-2012, 02:45 PM
Seriously, this isn't mafia. Christ.

I agree which is why the US isn't in a pact to destroy other nations like China is. China can claim ignorance all they want but they are making a power grab.

bantx
11-21-2012, 02:46 PM
You should take account into how bad the US is economically and threatening a country that feeds you is not the best choice in action that you should be taking. The US could never afford a war against china and yes I'm saying that because in your PM you've said that you'd go to war if need be. So I'm taking everything into account.

China receives nearly 3 billion in foreign aid and the US being one of the main countries that gives us that money. Where do you get your money you ask? The US takes out a loan from China to finance it only to give it right back to us in aid and also build up an even bigger debt against us.

So basically I'm telling you that you did not think this plan out very well. You're only thinking with your military and it will take more than that to be a bully.

You've sent me 2 totally different pms from yesterday and today and that tells me that you're feeling threatened.

Dr. Gonzo
11-21-2012, 02:50 PM
You should take account into how bad the US is economically and threatening a country that feeds you is not the best choice in action that you should be taking. The US could never afford a war against china and yes I'm saying that because in your PM you've said that you'd go to war if need be. So I'm taking everything into account.

China receives nearly 3 billion in foreign aid and the US being one of the main countries that gives us that money. Where do you get your money you ask? The US takes out a loan from China to finance it only to give it right back to us in aid and also build up an even bigger debt against us.

So basically I'm telling you that you did not think this plan out very well. You're only thinking with your military and it will take more than that to be a bully.

You've sent me 2 totally different pms from yesterday and today and that tells me that you're feeling threatened.

You can make me out to be the bad guy but you know what you have done. I extended the olive branch and asked to work together. You were non committal. I asked you not to support enemies of the west, you flipped out. As leader of this great nation I hope for no more wars. I want to build towards peace and prosperity. You Cleary do not want the same thing. You are power hungry.

bantx
11-21-2012, 03:08 PM
The US and China has always worked together in export/import so I don't see how stating that is being noncommittal. And not supporting enemies of the west? I've said it before but since the leader of the US does not like to read I will say it again. I will name the nations you've mentioned to me and if you deny it I will screen shot the PM. You said you are feeling threatened from North Korea and Iran. China has been trading and exporting with Korea it's known world wide so it's nothing new so telling me to stop with little reasoning is not going to make me stop. North Korea is surviving BECAUSE of China. China provides North Korea with about 80% of their consumer goods and almost most of their food. So here it is no, I will not stop aiding North Korea. And export/import with Iran is very important to us with them providing us with Oil so no I will not cut ties with them.

And you will continue to say that I'm doing this as an act of taking out other nations when I'm looking out for my country economically.

So this is another warning to stop twisting up my words and saying I'm doing this for power.

Dr. Gonzo
11-21-2012, 03:18 PM
The US and China has always worked together in export/import so I don't see how stating that is being noncommittal. And not supporting enemies of the west? I've said it before but since the leader of the US does not like to read I will say it again. I will name the nations you've mentioned to me and if you deny it I will screen shot the PM. You said you are feeling threatened from North Korea and Iran. China has been trading and exporting with Korea it's known world wide so it's nothing new so telling me to stop with little reasoning is not going to make me stop. North Korea is surviving BECAUSE of China. China provides North Korea with about 80% of their consumer goods and almost most of their food. So here it is no, I will not stop aiding North Korea. And export/import with Iran is very important to us with them providing us with Oil so no I will not cut ties with them.

And you will continue to say that I'm doing this as an act of taking out other nations when I'm looking out for my country economically.

So this is another warning to stop twisting up my words and saying I'm doing this for power.

I think it's about time North Korea looks out four the will of it's people. You have the power to guide North Korea to a golden age. As for Iran I would love to work with them and broker peace in the middle east. I worry that you are attempting to be puppet master and will fund wars. You have the power to do great things, I hope you end goal is world peace and not world domination.

RufusMcDaniel
11-21-2012, 03:28 PM
Me and bulldogs have started GerCan together

Gay Ork Wang
11-21-2012, 03:45 PM
This is very interesting and seems very eyeopening to the best korea in the world

Dr. Gonzo
11-21-2012, 04:05 PM
This is very interesting and seems very eyeopening to the best korea in the world

I think North Korea can be a great nation. I am open to working out our conflict. All I hope to do is put an end to attacks against each other. We should all be working together to make this world a better place. America will not be attacking other nations anymore. The past is in the past and I hope we can come to a global truth free of petty squabbles.

bantx
11-21-2012, 04:31 PM
It's funny how fast your tone has changed.

Gay Ork Wang
11-21-2012, 05:41 PM
Trying to find nations against me and then suddenly changing your tone eh?

Dr. Gonzo
11-21-2012, 05:55 PM
I think we should all come together and form a new united nations. America would like to cut military spending and focus on science and education. We must protect each other and usher in an age of prosperity.

Caddy
11-21-2012, 05:56 PM
Australia is just chillin'. Carry on.

In the immediate future we will be maintaining close economic ties with China, who currently import from us a very large quantity of mining materials to help sustain their economy.

Forenci
11-21-2012, 07:28 PM
Quick question:

For the Overt actions, can they be edited/updated through the week (or until we advance,) or once it is posted it is set in stone?

I am assuming covert actions are set in stone when sent so you don't get 50,000 PMs, lol.

Hmm. This is usually a tough rule to deal with. I've done it both ways. The problem with allowing editing is people will try to adjust their own posts based on what other people post before them, even if it is subtle.

I'm going to say you can edit it, but it as I stated before, if someone invades you then you can't your military element in any way, i.e. suddenly ramping up your production of tanks or tightening up your border defense and what not. But yes, just one covert action haha.

Remember, this is the equivalent to the out of game mafia discussion thread. If you have a feud with another country please leave it to the in-game discussion thread. This is more casual. And also, clearly this isn't mafia but conflict, deception, etc. between countries happen A LOT so I wouldn't want anyone to take it personally.

Also, I just wanted to add, this is very much so NOT mafia and it should not be treated as such. You're free to do what you want, but if you try to question all your trade agreements (many have done this), stir up things, and be generally be a loose cannon your country is going to suffer for it.

I'm not directing this at anyone in particular, it's just a reminder that this and the mafia game have nothing in common. Don't play this like the mafia game. Not using common sense and acting irrationally will only hurt your country. Granted, countries have disagreements all the time but how they handle that is key to stability. If you try to start things up, it will not end like mafia does.

AntoinCD
11-22-2012, 04:54 AM
Japan has a really bad toothache and can't get an appointment until this afternoon so war could be imminent!!! Just saying

Forenci
11-22-2012, 09:13 AM
Haha. Happy Thanksgiving, guys. I'm sure like most of you, I will be out and busy all day but if for some reason you have questions just PM them to me for the time being as it's a little easier to respond to via my phone when I check in.

SuperPacker
11-22-2012, 02:31 PM
Kick some ass, IBC. World domination is expected!

I'm not really sure whats happening but id be happy to take part if it was possible.

Forenci
11-24-2012, 09:27 PM
Don't forget to get your action summaries in by Tuesday. And your covert action summaries via PM.

Props to Shane on being the first.

Forenci
11-26-2012, 11:49 AM
Just another reminder. Post your action summaries and covert action summaries (via PM) by tomorrow at 7 p.m.

It doesn't have to be an essay. You're more than welcome to bullet point it if that's what you want to do.

Cigaro
11-27-2012, 01:35 PM
Did Ireland, the Netherlands, Poland and Denmark forget about the EU?

Forenci
11-27-2012, 01:56 PM
I mean, there are many countries in larger alliances and pacts that go onto form smaller trade pacts/alliances. Not that uncommon.

Rob S
11-27-2012, 02:00 PM
Forenci, when will the results be posted. Is that something you anticipate posting tonight?

Giantsfan1080
11-27-2012, 02:01 PM
Did Ireland, the Netherlands, Poland and Denmark forget about the EU?

I didn't. Don't get me wrong I don't know the exact in's and out's of it but I don't think my policy measures would have made a big difference. Anything specfic?

Cigaro
11-27-2012, 02:11 PM
I mean, there are many countries in larger alliances and pacts that go onto form smaller trade pacts/alliances. Not that uncommon.

Militarily yes, but economically, not within the EU. They mentioned open trade as a consequence of their alliance, but that is already guaranteed by the EU under the Four Freedoms and the single market. That aspect of their treaty just seems redundant. Nothing huge, and I'm not speaking on Brazil's behalf(why I posted it here), just something I noticed.

Forenci
11-27-2012, 02:18 PM
Militarily yes, but economically, not within the EU. They mentioned open trade as a consequence of their alliance, but that is already guaranteed by the EU under the Four Freedoms and the single market. That aspect of their treaty just seems redundant. Nothing huge, and I'm not speaking on Brazil's behalf(why I posted it here), just something I noticed.

True enough. However, correct me if I'm wrong, they did mention a defense aspect to that agreement as well? Not to mention trade agreements can have various other incentives and stipulations that don't just include free trade.

Forenci, when will the results be posted. Is that something you anticipate posting tonight?

Assuming most people get it before 7, yes. I may extend the deadline by a few hours though as some have expressed concerns that they will post but might not be able to make the deadline exactly.

I've already been writing up the responses as people send in their stuff so it's quicker to get out. Now granted, if someone did something crazy I may have to alter that but I don't expect a whole lot as our first turn progresses.

I don't mind being lenient, especially as this is the first go at it. From my understanding, it sounds like a lot of people were doing behind the scenes trade deals and such and they wanted to hold off posting until they knew the outcomes of these deals.

Giantsfan1080
11-27-2012, 02:21 PM
I think the holiday hurt a little bit also. I know it took me out of my NFLDC routine.

Cigaro
11-27-2012, 02:26 PM
True enough. However, correct me if I'm wrong, they did mention a defense aspect to that agreement as well? Not to mention trade agreements can have various other incentives and stipulations that don't just include free trade.

They do mention the military and I think its a main aspect of the alliance, which is perfectly fine. As for incentives and stipulations, they would need to walk a fine line with that, as anything that provided any country with an advantage within the EU, and thus put the excluded countries at a disadvantage, would violate EU law.

Forenci
11-27-2012, 02:33 PM
They do mention the military and I think its a main aspect of the alliance, which is perfectly fine. As for incentives and stipulations, they would need to walk a fine line with that, as anything that provided any country with an advantage within the EU, and thus put the excluded countries at a disadvantage, would violate EU law.

Correct again sir. I'm more lenient with the first turn, as people are just starting to get acquainted with their countries and are making more large, sweeping generalized policies as opposed to more specific policies and such.

Also, I think people might be surprised at some of the responses I give haha. I try to be pretty fair and balanced, but one thing I'll remind people of is that change happens slow.

SuperMcGee
11-27-2012, 02:36 PM
If you're looking for unanimous consent within the EU, you'll have to get it from one of the other countries.

Grizzlegom
11-27-2012, 03:02 PM
I'll be honest, I don't really know what I'm doing (I think that's the case amongst the majority of us...). So yea, if I trampled on any EU things I didn't do it on purpose. In addition, our little alliance thing started out as kind of a joke and I don't think there are really any major parts to it aside from the whole opening our universities education piece.

ImBrotherCain
11-27-2012, 03:22 PM
Yeah unfortunately as this has gone on I feel like I an getting in over my head. I had hoped that as more people posted I would be okay but I just feel like I am no where near informed enough to make competent decisions.

Rob S
11-27-2012, 03:24 PM
I think it is tougher now than it will be going forward. Once **** goes down, panic mode will kick in and you'll have to make quick decisions based more on instinct than knowledge.

Cigaro
11-27-2012, 03:35 PM
I think Rob is right, that its more the first step that is difficult than the remaining ones. The first step requires a lot of research, but the following steps I expect to be more reactionary. I'm personally trying to avoid direct figures in order to prevent it from becoming unnecessarily bureaucratic, basically being somewhat general without being generic. As for the EU thing, I'm a European Studies minor, just happened to notice the overlap in the alliance thing.

Dr. Gonzo
11-27-2012, 03:37 PM
I have a feeling someone will attack me, my plan for peace will fail, and I will be bombing some mofos.

bantx
11-27-2012, 03:49 PM
I'm at work and have class all day until 7 today i will try to write some parts when I can but won't fully be able to until i get off!

Forenci
11-27-2012, 03:51 PM
Yeah unfortunately as this has gone on I feel like I an getting in over my head. I had hoped that as more people posted I would be okay but I just feel like I am no where near informed enough to make competent decisions.

Haha, that's very understandable. It's tough to really know about a country but there are a lot of resources that can help with this. You don't have to be too specific the first turn. Most people aren't because they want flexibility in how they react and it gives them more time to research.

I think Rob is right, that its more the first step that is difficult than the remaining ones. The first step requires a lot of research, but the following steps I expect to be more reactionary. I'm personally trying to avoid direct figures in order to prevent it from becoming unnecessarily bureaucratic, basically being somewhat general without being generic. As for the EU thing, I'm a European Studies minor, just happened to notice the overlap in the alliance thing.

Agreed. The first step is always the hardest. I've done this a lot before, and as we go on and potentially start new games people get much more comfortable when they get to see others handling certain countries and in general react accordingly.

I'll be interested to see if anyone takes any sort of military action. One thing I always do is encourage people to be specific with that. The more specific and well-thought out your plan of attack is, the better chance it has to succeed. Usually, people always attack in the covert action thread (which I will then publicize in my response if it is a large scale action as that is impossible to stay hidden).

Also, if anyone is having second thoughts and doesn't feel like they want to do this anymore just let me know. Fenikz dropped out so Iran is no longer a user-controlled country.

ImBrotherCain
11-27-2012, 04:11 PM
Wooo that feels half assed :-/

scottyboy
11-27-2012, 04:24 PM
Poland says **** all your long writeups

SuperMcGee
11-27-2012, 04:24 PM
I should be out of work in under an hour, depending on when my replacement shows up. I'll get it in when I get home, so probably just a little after seven. Nothing too crazy, to start. I know you were all expecting big things from the Danes.

Forenci
11-27-2012, 04:30 PM
Since it seems like a few people are hovering around the deadline I'm going to extend it until 9 p.m. (EST) tonight.

Also, do not forget to send in your covert actions. Even if you don't want to do anything, just PM me saying so. Some have posted action summaries but not sent be covert action summaries.

Caddy
11-27-2012, 06:23 PM
I feel like I should be reading those write-ups...

Bulldogs
11-27-2012, 06:23 PM
I have no clue what I'm doing really so my first write up will likely be crap.

Forenci
11-27-2012, 07:56 PM
Almost everyone's stuff is in. I have not heard anything from Renji so I will likely proceed without his response. Rufus dropped out due to time constraints which is perfectly understandable.

I've already begun my write up and once I have bantx's I can really dive into it. It will be broken down, country by country, as well as a global events and news section.

Should be fun. I think you guys will enjoy the responses. Keep in mind, more detailed and specific action summaries get longer and more specific responses. The first turn is the toughest and you certainly don't need to write an essay but the more specific you are the better off you will do (more than likely).

Rob S
11-27-2012, 08:08 PM
North Korea and Iran dropped out. Lame.

Forenci
11-27-2012, 08:14 PM
Well, I don't know of Renji dropped but I'm probably going to advance without him and determine that later.

Needless to say, I can't give an ETA when my response will be up as it's quite a bit of writing but I am working away on it.

Rob S
11-27-2012, 08:16 PM
Well, I don't know of Renji dropped but I'm probably going to advance without him and determine that later.

Needless to say, I can't give an ETA when my response will be up as it's quite a bit of writing but I am working away on it.

Yeah, I'd proceed. Just a shame because those are the 2 nations most likely to stir up some serious ****.

Anyway, take your time. This obviously is an incredible amount of work.

Forenci
11-27-2012, 08:20 PM
Haha, it is a lot of writing. Normally I have 2-3 other people doing write ups.

I do a lot of pre-writing during the week as people's posts come in. They all kind of came at the end though making it somewhat more difficult but I should have it done by tonight hopefully.

Dr. Gonzo
11-27-2012, 08:39 PM
North Korea and Iran dropped out. Lame.

I feel it's because I called out their ****** alliance. Only China remains!

Gay Ork Wang
11-27-2012, 09:12 PM
Not out, sent in stuff

Rob S
11-27-2012, 09:13 PM
Nice. Good to see we still have one trouble maker around to stir **** up!

Forenci
11-27-2012, 10:42 PM
I'm hoping the write up should be up within the next hour or so. Most of it was just getting the backbone in place, which makes it easier for the future.

bantx
11-27-2012, 11:26 PM
I feel it's because I called out their ****** alliance. Only China remains!

You really think this is mafia...

Forenci
11-28-2012, 12:38 AM
Almost done. Just briefly checking it over. I apologize if it's got any typos and grammatical issues as it as crap ton of writing (over 2000 words worth) so I don't really feel like editing it too much.

BuckeyeDan17
11-28-2012, 12:40 AM
Who gives a **** about good editing we are trying to rule the world man.

For real though, thanks for facilitating this Forenci.

Forenci
11-28-2012, 01:21 AM
Phew. Posted! Quite long haha. Hopefully everything looks solid. It will be fun to see how everyone responds. As you can see, the more detail (detail doesn't mean length necessarily) the more I'm able to give responses. Hopefully using my responses, as well as your fellow countries posts will be able to clarify some issues. I highly recommend getting started early on your next turns post! The earlier the better!

I will likely send out any covert summary responses tomorrow, although many of you might not get a response if it there isn't much to respond to.

Caddy
11-28-2012, 01:36 AM
I hope nobody finds out about Operation Dropbear...

Forenci
11-28-2012, 01:59 AM
Oh they shall.

And if you have any questions feel free to ask me her or PM me.

Rob S
11-28-2012, 08:28 AM
Saudi Arabia didn't get a write up!

Giantsfan1080
11-28-2012, 08:46 AM
I propose we should have a European conference on clean and renewable energy to be held in Switzerland. Who's in?

AntoinCD
11-28-2012, 08:51 AM
I need help guys :frown: please send food, money and Western women

Forenci
11-28-2012, 09:17 AM
Saudi Arabia didn't get a write up!

Ah, sorry. Haha. It's because I did yours earlier than everyone's since you posted it sooner.

Added your write up. It's right after Russia's.

Gay Ork Wang
11-28-2012, 10:55 AM
Im sorry guys, but i need to drop out. Im studying for the exams and keeping up with this is way too hard for me, ill just join the mafia game.

Again sorry.

Forenci
11-28-2012, 11:24 AM
That's fine. I have exams coming up too so I will be pretty busy as well. It shouldn't interfere too much though hopefully.

Rob S
11-28-2012, 11:33 AM
I suppose I should've included a bit more detail in my write up about what I expected the response of the people to be based on previous responses. Live and learn.

BuckeyeDan17
11-28-2012, 12:05 PM
I need help guys :frown: please send food, money and Western women

We have a surplus of a very powerful stimulant that suppresses appetite. Just kidding.

But seriously, we could work something out.

Cigaro
11-28-2012, 01:10 PM
I propose we should have a European conference on clean and renewable energy to be held in Switzerland. Who's in?

I think this may go in the in-game discussion thread, but Brazil would be interested in a broader conference on those issues.

TheBoyWonder22
11-29-2012, 04:20 AM
Let me in as Italy!

CJSchneider
11-29-2012, 05:23 AM

You may want to ask Switzerland first instead of just inviting yourself over. Didn't your mother ever teach you any manners?

Forenci
11-29-2012, 09:05 AM
Let me in as Italy!

You are welcome to join. Any anyone else for that matter.

although, I really do need to find someone to help with all the write ups. It's not as bad if people get a chunk of them in early because I can do it through out the week but when they all come in at once it's difficult.

If anyone is interested in signing up, just PM the country you want, read the how to play/rules thread.

Giantsfan1080
11-29-2012, 09:06 AM
You may want to ask Switzerland first instead of just inviting yourself over. Didn't your mother ever teach you any manners?

Hell no. You know you're looking forward to having everyone over for a meeting.

Forenci
11-29-2012, 09:07 AM
Also, if anyone wishes to switch countries, feel free. Just PM me the country you want.

ImBrotherCain
11-29-2012, 09:10 AM
I would like to take over for the USA as Gonzo is driving it into the ground :-)

jrdrylie
11-29-2012, 09:35 AM
I would like to take over for the USA as Gonzo is driving it into the ground :-)

Yeah, I just read his proposed plan... holy ****!

CJSchneider
11-29-2012, 09:35 AM
Hell no. You know you're looking forward to having everyone over for a meeting.

Where as that may be true, we need to have time to set up all the necessary security arrangements. In other words, you have to wait for your invitation like everyone else.

Rob S
11-29-2012, 03:36 PM
Well, I got us going...let's try and help Forenci out here. If you need additional time for covert stuff, take it, but lets get the overt stuff in so Forenci can get the backbone done and then we can edit if necessary.

Dr. Gonzo
11-29-2012, 03:40 PM
Yeah, I just read his proposed plan... holy ****!

It will just get crazier. I will be encouraging citizens who disagree to get the **** out in my next proposal. Much science funding to come. America will no longer be fear mongered into doing what fundies and the religious right demand.

Forenci
11-29-2012, 04:21 PM
It will just get crazier. I will be encouraging citizens who disagree to get the **** out in my next proposal. Much science funding to come. America will no longer be fear mongered into doing what fundies and the religious right demand.

I mean, you're free to do what you see fit but part of the difficulties of being a good leader for your country is balancing what the people believe and want and what you believe. Just casting aside people because they don't agree with you is monumentally stupid and will only further hurt your country.

Cigaro
11-29-2012, 04:22 PM

Yes, but the "fundies" and "religious right" are a huge part of the American demos...

Forenci
11-29-2012, 04:23 PM
Well, I got us going...let's try and help Forenci out here. If you need additional time for covert stuff, take it, but lets get the overt stuff in so Forenci can get the backbone done and then we can edit if necessary.

Yeah, I've been sifting through the covert stuff but I probably will hold off any responses because most people did not do anything that would required a notable response. Barring maybe an exception or two.

Feel free to post your action summaries anytime!

Dr. Gonzo
11-29-2012, 07:54 PM
Yes, but the "fundies" and "religious right" are a huge part of the American demos...

I am trying to find the best way to encourage them to leave the country since they are useless.

Forenci
11-29-2012, 08:07 PM
I am trying to find the best way to encourage them to leave the country since they are useless.

Haha, that is a very bad way to run a country.

Dr. Gonzo
11-29-2012, 08:18 PM
Haha, that is a very bad way to run a country.

I am toying with the idea of paying these people to leave and opening up immigration, targeting highly educated people. Gotta get rid of the people ruining the country somehow. They are a cancer.

Cigaro
11-29-2012, 08:40 PM

I am toying with the idea of paying these people to leave and opening up immigration, targeting highly educated people. Gotta get rid of the people ruining the country somehow. They are a cancer.
http://i.imgur.com/HpvWY.gif

Gay Ork Wang
11-30-2012, 05:45 AM
Russia and China are going to take over the world!

Job Reborn
11-30-2012, 08:55 AM
I might feel like joining in at some point if you're ever to expand to more countries or if someone drops out.

ImBrotherCain
11-30-2012, 08:57 AM
He said there are open enrollments you just have to PM him a country. Also I think Renji dropped out so that frees up Germany.

Forenci
11-30-2012, 09:24 AM
He said there are open enrollments you just have to PM him a country. Also I think Renji dropped out so that frees up Germany.

Bulldogs is Germany, haha. Renji was North Korea.

But yes, anyone interested in joining just PM the country you'd like to be.

ImBrotherCain
11-30-2012, 09:32 AM
Bulldogs is Germany, haha. Renji was North Korea.

But yes, anyone interested in joining just PM the country you'd like to be.

Whatever... I just assumed Germany. Same difference.

Forenci
11-30-2012, 09:33 AM
Whatever... I just assumed Germany. Same difference.

WAY TO ASSUME, CAIN!

Now don't be lazy and get your actions in. :D

ImBrotherCain
11-30-2012, 09:37 AM
WAY TO ASSUME, CAIN!

Now don't be lazy and get your actions in. :D

I will... let me think about what the hell I want to do lol.

Forenci
11-30-2012, 09:40 AM
I will... let me think about what the hell I want to do lol.

Hopefully it should be a little easier for most people now. As turns progress, you mainly just react/support/etc. to things that I've input into the game and continue to build up your country in various ways.

ImBrotherCain
11-30-2012, 09:42 AM
Hopefully it should be a little easier for most people now. As turns progress, you mainly just react/support/etc. to things that I've input into the game and continue to build up your country in various ways.

For the most part yeah. The first turn seems to be like the mafia day one :suicide:

Forenci
11-30-2012, 09:50 AM
Pretty much. Once you start reacting and setting up your own policies/interests it becomes less about the knowledge of your country. Which I think is a good thing.

jrdrylie
11-30-2012, 09:56 AM
Hey Forenci, Can I give this a go as Ghana.

Forenci
11-30-2012, 10:19 AM
You may sir. I will put you down as Ghana. Just remember to check over the how to play/rules thread if you haven't already. Also checking out the current turns is a good way to see what you might want to do.

Job Reborn
11-30-2012, 10:31 AM
Starting Turn 3, I'd like to be Turkey.

jrdrylie
11-30-2012, 11:02 AM
Alright!!!! Ghana is about to become an African powerhouse.

Forenci
11-30-2012, 11:07 AM
Starting Turn 3, I'd like to be Turkey.

Alrighty! Just make sure to remind me then (as I feel like that's something I will forget down the road).

Rob S
11-30-2012, 11:15 AM
C'mon people. Get these actions in!

Job Reborn
11-30-2012, 11:22 AM
Alright!!!! Ghana is about to become an African powerhouse.

My uncle used to be Canada's ambassador there.

Rob S
11-30-2012, 11:23 AM
Ghana is pretty awesome. If I were to visit Africa, it would certainly be at the top of my list.

SuperMcGee
11-30-2012, 11:30 AM
Turkey is always interesting. I like the direction some of you are taking. Don't know so much about Ghana, though.