PDA

View Full Version : which players will your team miss the most?

scottyboy
04-01-2007, 05:53 PM
just wondering on which players' depature(graduating or going pro) will affect your team the most?

mine for Rutgers are
Brian Leonard-Beast- amazing versitile weapon who could block, run catch. Just amazing, put our program on the map

Clark Harris-TE- solid hands and a pretty good blocker. Reliable for Teel. Very good long snapper as well. Will be missed over the middle.

Devraun Thompson-MLB- leader of the LBs. Good hands for a LB and very solid tackler. Made some big plays- INT vs Louisville and Lavar-esque goal line stop(cant remember vs who though)

icantackleclaret
04-01-2007, 05:56 PM
I'm gunna go with QB Troy Smith.

OhioState
04-01-2007, 06:04 PM
I will miss:
Troy Smith the most
Ted Ginn the second most
Anthony Gonzalez the third most
and
Doug Datish
Antonio Pittman(not as much because of Beanie)
Quinn Pitcock

YAYareaRB
04-01-2007, 06:29 PM
Jamarcus Russell - Leader of the Offense. Among the top Tiger QBs to ever put on the Gold and Purple.

LaRon Landry - Leader of the Defense. Ball Hawking safety that always seem to make big plays and be around the ball. One of the best, if not THEE best DB to play for LSU

doingthisinsteadofwork
04-01-2007, 06:37 PM
^is that why Matt Flynn led LSU to beat Miami in the Peach Bowl?

For Cal its gotta be the guys we lost on defense.Lynch is a great RB but Cal can have an efficeint running game without him.HE was a great playmaker and will be missed but Cal can easily cope without him.Cal's offense relied more on Desean than on Lynch.

Pit Bull #53
04-01-2007, 06:37 PM
Arron Sears - Our best offensive lineman, and it isn't even close. Gonna have to replace him at one OT spot with someone green. There's no way that whoever fills in can play at an AA-caliber level right away.

And the man in my sig, because all our returning WR's are virtually unproven, and we may be relying on a JUCO and a prep WR to step up and fill the void.

RWFender1
04-01-2007, 06:49 PM
probably jarrett but im not too concerned about it even though he was great

Michigan
04-01-2007, 07:27 PM
Leon Hall.

Xiomera
04-01-2007, 07:49 PM
For Michigan . . . David Harris and Leon Hall

Bengals1690
04-01-2007, 07:55 PM
ohio state

troy smith
teddy ginn
quinn pitcock

critesy
04-01-2007, 08:10 PM
auburn

ben grubbs and tim duckworth

others are serviceable

America
04-01-2007, 08:15 PM
For Texas...Michael Griffin, Aaron Ross, Tim Crowder and Brian Robison. I didn't list the lineman, although they are very valuable, Texas always seems to get guys who can replace them quickly. Griffin is a true leader in the secondary and the swagger of their D rides in him. Ross is the playmaker and that spark will be missed. Crowder and Robison are just good team guys who've been starting together for a long time. And I still miss Vince.

Tigers60
04-01-2007, 09:02 PM
Devraun Thompson-MLB- leader of the LBs. Good hands for a LB and very solid tackler. Made some big plays- INT vs Louisville and Lavar-esque goal line stop(cant remember vs who though)

That was a great play by Thompson it was against Cinn and it was a perfect play.

Brent
04-01-2007, 09:22 PM
Justin Warren and Chad Schroeder

constant cough
04-02-2007, 08:43 AM
Jamarcus Russell
Dwayne Bowe
Craig Davis
LaRon Landry

heavyduty
04-02-2007, 09:35 AM
The U= Greg Olsen, was our best target on offence and with a poor receiver corp we will miss him even more.

VYTitans
04-02-2007, 10:03 AM
for Miami I would have to say that we will miss Greg Olsen because he was a huge target for our offense and a consistent playmaker. Merriweather will definitly be hugely missed as will Beason as they carried our defense and led its swagger, no matter how many great players we have on defense this year it will not be the saame without their attitude. Also Atkins will be hugely issed because he was a huge contributer for our defense.

On the bright side though Shannon has said that Kenny Phillips has the mind of Ed Reed and the body of Sean Taylor!

draftguru151
04-02-2007, 12:02 PM
The hardest player to replace is going to be Olsen. Farr has been having a good spring though and we always have good TEs. Meriweather will be hard to replace at CB, but we are more than fine at safety. We are very deep at LB and while Beason will be missed guys like Cook and Gooden should step up next season. Losing Atkins won't be big since he got benched last season and Moncur will be able to replace him. Replacing Kareem Brown worries me some because Dixon and McCray aren't very proven.

1st is Olsen, 2nd is Brown because of the lack of experience and depth at DT.

snuff
04-02-2007, 01:13 PM
Carson Butler, Leon Hall, and David "the greatest football player ever" Harris.

ironman4579
04-02-2007, 01:37 PM
For Michigan it has to be Leon Hall and David Harris.

Worm
04-02-2007, 02:35 PM
Oregon State:

Defense: Sabby Piscitelli - He was the anchor of our secondary and a leader for the defense.
Offense: Matt Moore - Showed improvement from the year before, and demonstrated the ability to lead the team and perform in big games.

KCJ58
04-02-2007, 02:49 PM
Colorado:

J.J. Billingsley (S), Brian Daniels (OG)

KCJ58
04-02-2007, 02:49 PM
also Thaddaeus Washington (LB)

Joeyjr09
04-02-2007, 03:05 PM
For Miami, I think it'd definately Jon Beason. Hands down. It's not even close. Beason embodies the traditional Miami player. He wasn't a top recruit coming out of high school. However he worked hard and turned himself into a good player. He played with the confidence and attitude that the dominating Miami teams would always play with. He is a prime example of the type of player Miami builds it's winning programs on. I don't on attitude and work ethic alone, he will be the one we miss more then any.

iowatreat54
04-02-2007, 04:02 PM
obviously drew tate is the biggest loss simply because for the past 4 years he has been our only QB so hopefully christensen can step it up...other than that we have no glaring losses...we lost some OL but we have good enough linemen to fill in...losing merrick and paschal is going to hurt too because of their experience and the fact our secondary pretty much blows but hopefully shada and godfrey step up and stop playing with themselves instead of covering WRs and then our safeties don't have to make up for their mistakes as much...

DoWnThEfiElD
04-02-2007, 04:13 PM
David Harris

polishrocket35
04-02-2007, 04:17 PM
LB Mike Alston for Toledo. We really didn't lose anyone else of note. He was a great pass rusher and the leader on the defense.

draftguru151
04-02-2007, 05:39 PM
For Miami, I think it'd definately Jon Beason. Hands down. It's not even close. Beason embodies the traditional Miami player. He wasn't a top recruit coming out of high school. However he worked hard and turned himself into a good player. He played with the confidence and attitude that the dominating Miami teams would always play with. He is a prime example of the type of player Miami builds it's winning programs on. I don't on attitude and work ethic alone, he will be the one we miss more then any.

While he may be missed, the players we have a LB can more than fill his shoes. We're still 6 deep at LB.

CrackerJack465
04-02-2007, 11:21 PM
I will miss:
Troy Smith the most
Ted Ginn the second most
Anthony Gonzalez the third most
and
Doug Datish
Antonio Pittman(not as much because of Beanie)
Quinn Pitcock

What he said :P

GB12
04-02-2007, 11:57 PM
Joe Thomas

Yeah, that's it.

Note
04-03-2007, 12:30 PM
Texas Tech

My first thought would be Jarrett Hicks but since his SR season was about 1/3 of what it should have been due to grades & injury, it kind of negates that.

I will go w/ RG Manny Ramirez and RT Gabe Hall. Manny was as good an OG as there was in the country the last couple of years & Hall is a great athlete who grew into a good RT.

Vikes99ej
04-03-2007, 07:17 PM
Aaron Rouse.

Don Vito
04-03-2007, 07:22 PM
For BC, Josh Beekman was a great player and leader which will be missed. The same goes for James Marten. Tony Gonzalez was arguably the teams top receiver. Larry Anam was a leader in the secondary, as was Ryan Glasper, but they shouldn't be missed too much. We barely lost anybody on defense, and we really only lost OL (and a lot of it) on the offensive side.

Titans10
04-03-2007, 08:55 PM
Tennessee

Aaron Sears-anchor of the OL
Robert Meachem-one of the top wideouts in the nation

Jayson Swain- Solid #2 wideout
Brett Smith- another very dependable wideout
Demetrious Morley- kicked off the team for acadimics, had VERY good potential for a DB

Titans10
04-03-2007, 08:55 PM
Tennessee

Aaron Sears-anchor of the OL
Robert Meachem-one of the top wideouts in the nation

Jayson Swain- Solid #2 wideout
Brett Smith- another very dependable wideout
Demetrious Morley- kicked off the team for acadimics, had VERY good potential for a DB

Titans10
04-03-2007, 08:57 PM
oooppps...sorry for the double post

how do you delete a post on these new forums?

thebow305
04-03-2007, 10:20 PM
The hardest player to replace is going to be Olsen. Farr has been having a good spring though and we always have good TEs. Meriweather will be hard to replace at CB, but we are more than fine at safety. We are very deep at LB and while Beason will be missed guys like Cook and Gooden should step up next season. Losing Atkins won't be big since he got benched last season and Moncur will be able to replace him. Replacing Kareem Brown worries me some because Dixon and McCray aren't very proven.

1st is Olsen, 2nd is Brown because of the lack of experience and depth at DT.

Ditto. McCray is going to step up, believe me, we will be ok. He is going to be a beast.

I STILL miss Antrel Rolle... and Sean Taylor (*tear*)

thebow305
04-03-2007, 10:21 PM
While he may be missed, the players we have a LB can more than fill his shoes. We're still 6 deep at LB.

I agree completely..... I think this is the Breakout Year for Romeo Davis. I think he will be the next Great Miami Linebacker.

Bem1
04-04-2007, 03:59 PM
Quinn
Walker
Harris
Samardzija
McKnight
Abiamiri
Ndukwe
probably left people off but wow

draftguru151
04-04-2007, 04:17 PM
I agree completely..... I think this is the Breakout Year for Romeo Davis. I think he will be the next Great Miami Linebacker.

I don't think Davis is gonna start. Gooden, Sharpton and Cook are probably gonna start, with Adkins and McCarthy having a shot. Haven't heard a lot about Davis this spring, McCarthy is tearing up spring ball though.

OSUGiants17
04-04-2007, 04:24 PM
ohio state

troy smith
teddy ginn
quinn pitcock

I aggree minus Pitcock
________
NEXIUM SIDE EFFECT (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/nexium/)

BengalsPwn
04-05-2007, 01:14 AM
Brandon Siler from the defending champs UF. He was the heart and soul of the defense. Everett, McDonald, Thomas, Nelson, Smith, Leak, and Wynn can all be replaced, but Siler was the key cog in the D.

KBear
04-05-2007, 08:34 AM
obviously drew tate is the biggest loss simply because for the past 4 years he has been our only QB so hopefully christensen can step it up...other than that we have no glaring losses...we lost some OL but we have good enough linemen to fill in...losing merrick and paschal is going to hurt too because of their experience and the fact our secondary pretty much blows but hopefully shada and godfrey step up and stop playing with themselves instead of covering WRs and then our safeties don't have to make up for their mistakes as much...

I have to agree here, though I would think losing Chandler is a big loss, he really was the only viable receiving threat Iowa had last year, and not having him is going to hurt Christensen (if he does indeed start).

I'm not so worried with losing Tate, becuase before him Iowa seemed to manage with just average college QBs.

But like you said, every other senior is very replaceable.

soybean
04-06-2007, 04:25 AM
Quinn
Walker
Harris
Samardzija
McKnight
Abiamiri
Ndukwe
probably left people off but wow

hahah you guys are sooo screwed. just playin.

Sniper
04-06-2007, 07:12 AM
LaMarr Woodley for obvious reasons
Alan Branch for all the attention he commanded, freeing up guys like Woodley and Co.
Leon Hall, since it means Morgan Trent is now the #1 corner by default (I will now go put a bullet in my head)
David Harris
Steve Breaston because no one else has returned kicks for the past 4 years

nrk
04-06-2007, 09:56 PM
AD and Rufus :(

yourfavestoner
04-06-2007, 10:34 PM
Florida:

Ray McDonald - leader and versatile defensive lineman

saintsfan912
04-07-2007, 09:13 AM
^is that why Matt Flynn led LSU to beat Miami in the Peach Bowl?

For Cal its gotta be the guys we lost on defense.Lynch is a great RB but Cal can have an efficeint running game without him.HE was a great playmaker and will be missed but Cal can easily cope without him.Cal's offense relied more on Desean than on Lynch.

Whats your point? Flynn wins one game against a trashy Miami team and all of a sudden you think he's better than JR? Thats just an ignorant statement made by a Pac 10 fan, no suprise there.

iowatreat54
04-07-2007, 10:03 PM
wow how old are you? like 12? i guess swearing every other word is cool when your in like 6th grade...nice knowing ya before you get banned buddy, good contribution

P-L
04-07-2007, 10:04 PM
Leon Hall. I think David Harris was the better player, but I think Hall is going to be missed most. The Michigan secondary is very shaky this year. And despite what ignorant people want to believe, until the Ohio State game, Hall took away half the field on pass plays. David Harris will be missed, but I'm more confident in his replacement than I am with Hall's.

iowatreat54
04-07-2007, 10:33 PM
Leon Hall. I think David Harris was the better player, but I think Hall is going to be missed most. The Michigan secondary is very shaky this year. And despite what ignorant people want to believe, until the Ohio State game, Hall took away half the field on pass plays. David Harris will be missed, but I'm more confident in his replacement than I am with Hall's.

well you should feel better atleast knowing that you don't have adam shada in your secondary...

Sniper
04-10-2007, 07:10 AM
I'll see your Adam Shada and raise you a Morgan Trent

BigJohn98
04-10-2007, 10:36 PM
Buster Davis. He was the heart and soul of Florida State's defense.