PDA

View Full Version : 2012 49ers Gameday Thread: Week 13: 49ers at Rams

Borat
12-01-2012, 05:09 PM
Sorry folks, this is it this week. Just moved, got no internet access, doing this from my phone.

If you need a gameday thread fix, see the week 10 gameday thread (http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54459), where I pretty much passed the Rams off as insignificant. That was a good call.

Enjoy the game.

Ness
12-01-2012, 10:09 PM
Apparently Amendola is a game time decision, but he missed a good amount of practice this week and was in a walking boot earlier. Hopefully he doesn't play. He toasted Carlos Rogers and the secondary last time.

Looking for another good game from Kaepernick. If he screws up against the Rams all hell will break loose in 49ers land.

49erNation85
12-01-2012, 10:36 PM
Hopefully CK does not mess up and has a good clean game. Time to step up and destroy them Rams from that horrible tie from a few weeks ago.

dan77733
12-02-2012, 12:14 AM
Revenge time baby!!!

49ers 34
Rams 10

Kaepernick - 72% completion, 302 yds, 2 td, 0 int, 0 sacks

dan77733
12-02-2012, 11:31 AM
Rams WR Danny Amendola is inactive which means if we contain Jackson, we should crush them. As for us, RB LaMichael James is inactive which im disappointed about but yet, WR A.J. Jenkins is active. Not happy about this. I was hoping to see if James can be a Hunter type and make the same impact.

Brent
12-02-2012, 01:09 PM
I love when Bruce Miller gets his hands on the ball. Dude is such a throwback.

abaddon41_80
12-02-2012, 01:48 PM
I love when Bruce Miller gets his hands on the ball. Dude is such a throwback.

Miller needs more plays designed for him, tbqh

Ness
12-02-2012, 02:03 PM
49ers main board already wants Alex back.

VAfy-ya
12-02-2012, 02:10 PM
Roman with some ****** play-calling so far. Hasn't adapted to the Rams aggressiveness yet. Hasn't moved the pocket, called any screens or generally used the Ram's blitzing against them. Give them credit, they came to play but we haven't adjusted at all it seems. Change the tempo, go hurry up or something.

Ness
12-02-2012, 02:15 PM
The Rams defense has played really good today for the most part though. Also, I think some of Kaepernick's inexperience is starting to show. Although he has made some good throws. Giving Crabtree a lot of love today.

VAfy-ya
12-02-2012, 02:43 PM
Horrible, horrible, horrible call. You dont need to get cute right there. We do that cute **** at the most idiotic times. Just call something sensible that allows the clock to continue to run. I just dont get some of these calls today.

VAfy-ya
12-02-2012, 02:50 PM
Walker and his drops are getting real old...

VAfy-ya
12-02-2012, 02:53 PM
Don't freakin run out of bounds CK, wtf...

Borat
12-02-2012, 02:54 PM
Yeah, Delanie is done here. He's a great talent, but at this point, his drops are just too much to continue next year.

VAfy-ya
12-02-2012, 03:03 PM
The game is over if makes a simple, routine catch....this game has just pissed me off on so many levels.

Borat
12-02-2012, 03:05 PM
The game is over if makes a simple, routine catch....this game has just pissed me off on so many levels.

Yep. He just always leaves you wanting more. So much potential, but his hands are concrete.

abaddon41_80
12-02-2012, 03:12 PM
Walker reminds me of Lloyd when he was with us. Makes the great catches but drops the easy ones

VAfy-ya
12-02-2012, 03:36 PM
I'm going to love reading Dan rationalize this loss....

Borat
12-02-2012, 03:48 PM

I would assume it would revolve around Delanie Walker and David Akers.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
12-02-2012, 03:48 PM
Alex needs to play. Kaepernick is just not ready at this point.

binary
12-02-2012, 03:51 PM
We have a kicker who sucks now, a QB who makes one read and runs, a TE who can't catch...and Gore might be hurt...I have a bad feeling about what's going on right now.

Ness
12-02-2012, 03:52 PM
The playcalling today was terrible. Way to not get Vernon Davis the ball. My goodness. Kaepernick made some good throws, but his inexperience showed.

dan77733
12-02-2012, 03:52 PM
Nothing to rationalize. I'm happy this team lost. They deserved to lose. Kaepernick was good. His turnover wasnt even his fault. Harbaugh/Roman are morons for calling that stupid play to Ginn.

THE CUTE MOTHER ******* GADGET CRAP NEEDS TO END NOW AND FOREVER!!! IT DOESNT ******* WORK!!! I'M NOT AN NFL COACH BUT YET EVEN I KNOW THIS!!! COME ON!!!

Even worse, its with Ginn who's a waste period. Akers sucks. And not having Hunter really hurt. James and Jenkins need to be activated and used because Jacobs sucks and Ginn also sucks. I rather see two ******* rookies at RB and WR than seeing Jacobs and Ginn.

Either way, team deserved to lose three weeks ago and deserved to lose today. No reason to call that cute gadget play. No reason at all. I really hate Harbaugh/Roman sometimes because their ******* egos think that they can get away with that cute crap at any time. It doesnt work.

Also, move Tukufau and Dobbs back to the DL where they ******* belong. Bye bye Delanie Walker. I said to draft Fleener and now, everyone knows why. Walker is as good as gone. As good of a pass as you're going to get and he drops the ball. I'm getting tired of him too.

What a crappy day and a crappy ass game. UGH.

As for Kaepernick, his only major mistake was running out of bounds near the end of regulation. Other than that, he played good considering the Rams defense was a pain in the ass. OL needs to step it up too.

Seattle won too. Season is turning bad real fast. They better bounce back against Miami. And I also hate that running plays with Tukufau and others like Kilgore and Davis because they rarely work. When you have all those guys in there, its not hard to figure out that its going to be a run 90% of the time.

UGH. Whatever. Only positive is that Crabtree is finally looking and playing like a legitimate number one receiver and that he and Kaepernick seem to have good chemistry with each other.

Hope the injury to Manningham and Gore arent serious.

Ness
12-02-2012, 03:54 PM

Yeah. When you know if Alex played this game he would have been off his rocker grilling him. But due to his love for Kaepernick he'll come in here with his mellow tone with a long ass post blaming everyone except Kaepernick.

EDIT: Damn, there it is. The "turnover wasn't his fault" was my favorite part. Yeah he had no hand in that at all.

And even if this team deserved to lose, I would never be "happy" we lost.

Borat
12-02-2012, 03:57 PM
Yeah. When you know if Alex played this game he would have been off his rocker grilling him. But due to his love for Kaepernick he'll come in here with his mellow tone with a long ass post blaming everyone except Kaepernick.

EDIT: Damn, there it is. The "turnover wasn't his fault" was my favorite part. Yeah he had no hand in that at all.

And even if this team deserved to lose, I would never be "happy" we lost.

That was so perfect lol.

abaddon41_80
12-02-2012, 03:59 PM
The turnover that he threw way over Ginn's head wasn't his fault

Ness
12-02-2012, 04:04 PM
The turnover that he threw way over Ginn's head wasn't his fault

GIF coming soon LOL.

Borat
12-02-2012, 04:06 PM
GIF coming soon LOL.

Ginn couldn't have gotten that pitch if he was standing on Moss's shoulders.

VAfy-ya
12-02-2012, 04:09 PM
Alex needs to play. Kaepernick is just not ready at this point.

Granted the fumble toss was bad, but that was just a silly play-call. Its not the end of the world if you punt. You have one of the best defenses in the league, who hadn't given up anything all day...call something that gives your play-makers a chance to make a play. And Ginn's half-hearted attempt to just simply jump on the ball just made matters worst. But like we were discussing, if Walker just catches the ball, we win.

I thought CK did fine, considering how dumb the play-calling was a majority of the game. I thought the intentional grounding call was bs. I thought Goldson's personal foul call was bs but he has to be smarter and know that you gain nothing by going head first into a QB, who you know is going to slide. Defense did their job. Didn't surrender a TD. I thought Roman, Jimbaugh, and Walker lost us the game. For the second time in as many weeks, Jimbaugh went ultra conservative in OT once in FG range instead of keeping his foot on the gas and trusting the QB who you hand picked to be here, the one you just named as the starter. Why this guy trusts a ailing kicker, who was already struggling to hit a 51 yard FG is beyond me but he played it safe again, and it back-fired.

And I think the O-Line easily had their worst game of the year. No push in the run game at all. We have trouble with the Rams front-four, for whatever reason. Our O-Line seemed surprised by their physicality for the second time this year. Weird really....

dan77733
12-02-2012, 04:14 PM
I never said the pass wasnt bad. It was but here's three things NONE of you are realizing -

1) If Alex did that, you would all be pissed and want him gone period. And dont say that you wouldnt because you all know you would.

2) Ginn didnt even hustle for the ball. He's NOT to blame? No blame on him at all?

3) I blame Harbaugh/Roman first and the most because they're the ones calling the play and why would you even do a gadget play with Kaepernick to begin with?

Come on guys. Instead of blaming Kaepernick, im blaming the source and the source is Harbaugh and Roman because they're the ones who called that play. If that play isnt called, there's no turnover and chances are, we run out the clock, end the game and this conversation doesnt exist. No reason for that play call period and anyone who thinks that play being called at that time isnt worse than Kaepernick's bad throw is far worse than I could ever be on this board. Come on. No reason for that cute gadget play call. It's almost like Harbaugh did that on purpose so if he goes back to Smith, thats his excuse even though its on him and Roman first and foremost, not Kaepernick.

And for the record, even if that was Smith, I still wouldnt blame him first. I have hated all those cute gadget plays since day one last season and everyone here knows it since I have bitched about that crap since day one.

Bottom line...no cute gadget play call...no bad pass...no turnover...no argument thats going on here now.

Ness
12-02-2012, 04:14 PM
Growing pains can be expected from Kaepernick. Roman and Harbaugh ought to know better though. And yes if Walker catches that ball we win the game. Unbelievable.

dan77733
12-02-2012, 04:15 PM
Granted the fumble toss was bad, but that was just a silly play-call. Its not the end of the world if you punt. You have one of the best defenses in the league, who hadn't given up anything all day...call something that gives your play-makers a chance to make a play. And Ginn's half-hearted attempt to just simply jump on the ball just made matters worst. But like we were discussing, if Walker just catches the ball, we win.

I thought CK did fine, considering how dumb the play-calling was a majority of the game. I thought the intentional grounding call was bs. I thought Goldson's personal foul call was bs but he has to be smarter and know that you gain nothing by going head first into a QB, who you know is going to slide. Defense did their job. Didn't surrender a TD. I thought Roman, Jimbaugh, and Walker lost us the game. For the second time in as many weeks, Jimbaugh went ultra conservative in OT once in FG range instead of keeping his foot on the gas and trusting the QB who you hand picked to be here, the one you just named as the starter. Why this guy trusts a ailing kicker, who was already struggling to hit a 51 yard FG is beyond me but he played it safe again, and it back-fired.

And I think the O-Line easily had their worst game of the year. No push in the run game at all. We have trouble with the Rams front-four, for whatever reason. Our O-Line seemed surprised by their physicality for the second time this year. Weird really....

This. I agree with everything you said here 100%.

Ness
12-02-2012, 04:16 PM
And for the record, even if that was Smith, I still wouldnt blame him first.

Sure you wouldn't Dan.

dan77733
12-02-2012, 04:17 PM
And here's another thing that pissed me off...

Those inside slants worked all game long but yet, Harbaugh and Roman didnt take advantage of that as much as they should and could have. See, if thats me, I abuse that play until it gets stopped.

VAfy-ya
12-02-2012, 04:18 PM
Also not making excuses but this was our second east coast road game in consecutive weeks. Surprised Jimbaugh wasn't leaning on having two trips to Youngstown this year between games...would have made sense this week.

dan77733
12-02-2012, 04:19 PM
Sure you wouldn't Dan.

I wouldnt blame him because that play wouldnt be on him. If he does that crap on his own, definitely but there's been a lot of stupid cute gadget plays that didnt work with Smith including the NFCCG and go check all my posts, I have never blamed Smith first. I have ALWAYS blamed the play call and Harbaugh/Roman for calling the stupid play to begin with.

Borat
12-02-2012, 04:20 PM
So, Dan, you always ***** about conservative playcalling. But now you are bitching about gadget plays? If you want less conservatism, you're going to get some gadget plays. That's what happens. Pick a side and stick with it.

binary
12-02-2012, 04:26 PM
this Offense is the same.

ViperVisor
12-02-2012, 04:27 PM
http://www.abload.de/img/untitled-219xuoh.gif

VAfy-ya
12-02-2012, 04:29 PM
So, Dan, you always ***** about conservative playcalling. But now you are bitching about gadget plays? If you want less conservatism, you're going to get some gadget plays. That's what happens. Pick a side and stick with it.

I don't agree. There's conservative, there's aggressive, and then there's gadget plays. There's a time and place for gadget plays. I don't think, backed-up on the opposite side of the field is a good time for ANY gadget play. I have no problem with gadget plays once you crossed the opponents 50 because if its a colossal screw up like that play, you have room to keep the damage to a minimal. It was a bad play-call. The way they were over-pursuing on the edges, it was not the right call for a freaking fake reverse option play. That's something you call in garbage time, up 42-7....not on a crucial 3rd and 4, in a close game late. I can't stress how ridiculous of a call that was....I think I need a new remote after that one.

Ness
12-02-2012, 04:34 PM
http://www.abload.de/img/untitled-219xuoh.gif

Doesn't matter. Wasn't Kap's fault. Screw execution. Blame it ALL on the playcalling.

Ness
12-02-2012, 04:40 PM
By the way Kap is officially starting against Miami. I agree. No point in having a revolving door at QB.

WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
12-02-2012, 04:40 PM
49ers play calling gets too cute for their own good sometimes. Frustrated they couldn't take advantage of the field position the Rams punter handed them a couple of times today.

binary
12-02-2012, 04:44 PM
By the way Kap is officially starting against Miami. I agree. No point in having a revolving door at QB.

I agree. But if he plays like this again on Sunday, it's over. This team is SB bound, they can't be stalling for an entire game vs. subpar teams.

dan77733
12-02-2012, 04:45 PM

Gadget isnt aggressive. Gadget plays are ******* stupid and you know it. They dont work, there's no reason for them being called especially when you have a second year QB starting in his third game...

If Kaepernick would have thrown a deep pass and get picked because of a bad throw, then its on him but I would still like the aggressiveness. Gadget plays are just that. Gadgets. This isnt Inspector Gadget. No reason for those plays period and I dont care who the QB is.

dan77733
12-02-2012, 04:47 PM
I don't agree. There's conservative, there's aggressive, and then there's gadget plays. There's a time and place for gadget plays. I don't think, backed-up on the opposite side of the field is a good time for ANY gadget play. I have no problem with gadget plays once you crossed the opponents 50 because if its a colossal screw up like that play, you have room to keep the damage to a minimal. It was a bad play-call. The way they were over-pursuing on the edges, it was not the right call for a freaking fake reverse option play. That's something you call in garbage time, up 42-7....not on a crucial 3rd and 4, in a close game late. I can't stress how ridiculous of a call that was....I think I need a new remote after that one.

Agree with you for the most part except for not having a problem with gadget plays. Gadget plays always do more harm than good and percentage wise, arent worth the risk.

VAfy-ya
12-02-2012, 04:57 PM
I agree. But if he plays like this again on Sunday, it's over. This team is SB bound, they can't be stalling for an entire game vs. subpar teams.

CK wasn't the reason the offense stalled though. Bad combination of sloppiness, penalities and play-calling. And they were coming with well timed blitzes that was on him in a instant. I think Alex eats at least 3 more sacks today and is just overall much more ineffective. This was one of those games where CK's escapability actually helped more than hurt. I thought he should have looked to run more, but they had effective gap blitzes that kept him bottled up for the most part. We were 45% on 3rd downs...most of that was all CK, very little scheme. The Rams just play us tough. I don't think its more to it than that. Their front four gives us problems and its just a trickle down effect from there. But just like the first game, we had our chances to win. We failed to capitalize on those. Anytime CK is our leading rusher, you know the offense didn't play well as a whole.

abaddon41_80
12-02-2012, 05:26 PM
CK may not have been the reason the offense stalled but he did give the Rams 10 points that Alex almost definitely would not have given them, and he didn't do much that Alex couldn't have done. I have no doubt we win that game with Alex starting.

The thing is that CK has gotten progressively worse in all of his starts, and this is against pretty middle-of-the-pack defenses. Today he looked lost if his first read, which was normally a pretty easy slant, wasn't open. He did make a great pass to Walker that should have been a touchdown but he also got lucky that Walker broke up a terribly underthrown pass earlier in the game. Overall, CK was average to maybe a little below average with a couple of very costly plays and not many big ones. If Harbaugh was really committed to starting the QB that gives us the best chance to win this year it would be Alex no question.

binary
12-02-2012, 05:30 PM
The thing is that CK has gotten progressively worse in all of his starts, and this is against pretty middle-of-the-pack defenses. Today he looked lost if his first read, which was normally a pretty easy slant, wasn't open.

This is the biggest concern for me, over everything else. If any of you get a chance to watch again, look at what happens to him when his first read isn't there. This is worrisome to say the least, it makes me feel like he's not ready yet.

dan77733
12-02-2012, 05:38 PM
CK may not have been the reason the offense stalled but he did give the Rams 10 points that Alex almost definitely would not have given them, and he didn't do much that Alex couldn't have done. I have no doubt we win that game with Alex starting.

The thing is that CK has gotten progressively worse in all of his starts, and this is against pretty middle-of-the-pack defenses. Today he looked lost if his first read, which was normally a pretty easy slant, wasn't open. He did make a great pass to Walker that should have been a touchdown but he also got lucky that Walker broke up a terribly underthrown pass earlier in the game. Overall, CK was average to maybe a little below average with a couple of very costly plays and not many big ones. If Harbaugh was really committed to starting the QB that gives us the best chance to win this year it would be Alex no question.

The safety was a bullcrap crap. Even that Pierera guy said so. And again, the bad pass should have never happened because let's be honest...if it was up to you...do you call that play? I sure as hell dont. Hell, gadget plays wouldnt even exist if it was up to me.

Cant say Alex would have won us the game. After all, we were losing 14-7 with him in the first game and it was Kaepernick who brought us back to even be able to tie the game.

The main problem isnt with Kaepernick, its with the play-calling. Same when Alex was QB. Play calling needs to be smarter. Those slants worked every time and yet, instead of doing the same at the end of regulation, we run a gadget play.

If we lose in the SB/playoffs, I guarantee that the cause will be some stupid cute gadget play.

JordanTaber
12-02-2012, 05:42 PM
Horrible game from Kaepernick. He looked reminiscent of Troy Smith out there. Well, maybe that's an exaggeration, but there'll be no sugarcoating this performance from me. He's looking like every other black run first quarterback right now - even when he throws, his legs are still aching to run. He kills plays before they even have a chance to develop and holds the ball too long. Forget the release...he's got to ******* anticipate something for a change.

This team still has no solution at quarterback. Blech.

On another note, Jim Harbaugh is a complete ******* idiot. I've always thought this, but today cemented it for me. The fact that people are blaming Greg Roman says it all. Whether it's Roman who is responsible for the play calling or not, Harbaugh is a worthless turd of a head coach.

A. If it is Roman calling the plays, this is because Harbaugh himself can not call the plays. Harbaugh is a former NFL starting quarterback, so it would shock me if he has any feel for play calling at all. Former known players do not make good coordinators. It's not something you just waltz into. Good/great play callers develop over years of high school and college coaching.

B. If it's Harbaugh who is responsible for the play calling, well...the play calling is a joke. It's a conservative offense whose idea of creativity is cutsey tricks and gadgets. That toss play almost surely cost the 49ers the game. The conservative calling in the red zone is nauseating beyond belief. Playing for a 50+ yard field goal from a kicker whose head is a mess...what the **** is even the point?

And a head coach who can't do a lick of scheming is utterly useless. If your argument is, "he'z a good motivator," you really have no argument whatsoever.

abaddon41_80
12-02-2012, 05:45 PM
The safety was a bullcrap crap. Even that Pierera guy said so. And again, the bad pass should have never happened because let's be honest...if it was up to you...do you call that play? I sure as hell dont. Hell, gadget plays wouldnt even exist if it was up to me.

Cant say Alex would have won us the game. After all, we were losing 14-7 with him in the first game and it was Kaepernick who brought us back to even be able to tie the game.

The main problem isnt with Kaepernick, its with the play-calling. Same when Alex was QB. Play calling needs to be smarter. Those slants worked every time and yet, instead of doing the same at the end of regulation, we run a gadget play.

If we lose in the SB/playoffs, I guarantee that the cause will be some stupid cute gadget play.

You are telling me Kaepernick knew that if the QB leaves the pocket then the LoS extends out of bounds when deciding if a pass is intentional grounding? He had no idea. He threw it away without realizing that it would have been intentional grounding.

The pitch was a terrible call, true, but that doesn't excuse a terrible play by Kaepernick. If he just pitches it and we don't get the first down we just have to punt and, the way the defense was playing, we probably win that game.

Last time we played the Rams Smith was 6/6 for 68 yards and a touchdown immediately before he got hurt. The 49ers drives went 3-and-out, 36 yards, 78-yard touchdown drive before Smith got injured. They shook off the bye week rust and looked great before Smith went out.

ViperVisor
12-02-2012, 05:47 PM
Similar to Min game but worse.

Scored 13 points then too.

But that with having 10 drives.

Really it was 8. Had a fumble on 1st down and last drive was under 2 min and down 11.

This was 13 possessions with the game in the balance till the end.

abaddon41_80
12-02-2012, 05:49 PM
Yeah the Minnesota game is what I would compare this to, expect the defense played better while the offense played worse.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
12-02-2012, 05:58 PM
Growing pains can be expected from Kaepernick. Roman and Harbaugh ought to know better though. And yes if Walker catches that ball we win the game. Unbelievable.

That's exactly why Kaepernick shouldn't be starting. This is a Super Bowl team, we don't have the margin for error to go through growing pains of a young inexperienced QB.

ViperVisor
12-02-2012, 06:08 PM
That's exactly why Kaepernick shouldn't be starting. This is a Super Bowl team, we don't have the margin for error to go through growing pains of a young inexperienced QB.
There are people who said he will learn and not do it again.

And that the 'dynamic' ability and plays will outweigh the mistakes as they happen anyways.

It is utterly stupid.
The same people would probably say Alex Smith took 5 years to stop making stupid plays.

And last I checked turnovers are still the #1 indicator of win or lose. To 'dynamic' your way out of mistakes requires videogame like effort. Those performances are rare in the real world.

VAfy-ya
12-02-2012, 06:19 PM

Your the biggest Alex homer I know. There is no doubt in my mind, if Alex plays, the Rams win going away. How does Alex win this game easily...by throwing check downs and slants? Wrong. Rams played us completely different from the first game. CK had no running game was still somewhat effective. They got a ton of pressure on obvious passing plays, that's why the drops started to get smaller as the game progressed. Or do you not understand on a 3 step drop, with the blitz bearing down on you, you pretty much have only one read and you have to fit some balls in tight spaces, which CK did. I thought his game today was better compared to the first Rams game. First game, he was pretty much winging it. This game he made some quick reads and nice adjustments that went unnoticed. The play-calls didn't help him.

Roman was out out-schemed alot today. No bootlegs, no moving the pocket, and very bland run calls. Our run game is so diverse normally...saw very little of that today. Maybe Hunter's injury had a bigger effect than I anticipated. But the lack of runs outside the tackles, which is a staple of the run game this year, hurt us. Hunter was definitely missed today. CK didn't force anything and was pretty accurate with the ball and made good decisions. Alex Smith definitely doesn't win this game with Gore only having 58 running yards...not even close. CK still had a QBR of 82.4 and had a 84 passer rating, both substantially higher than any of Smith's numbers in those categories in his two loses this year.

ViperVisor
12-02-2012, 06:30 PM
Sanchez and Tannehill had a weak run games and helped manage some more points.

The Tannehill game specifically is something we should of been able to do.

9 possessions got 17 points

avg of 2.1 per rush

abaddon41_80
12-02-2012, 06:31 PM
Your the biggest Alex homer I know. There is no doubt in my mind, if Alex plays, the Rams win going away. How does Alex win this game easily...by throwing check downs and slants? Wrong. Rams played us completely different from the first game. CK had no running game was still somewhat effective. They got a ton of pressure on obvious passing plays, that's why the drops started to get smaller as the game progressed. Or do you not understand on a 3 step drop, with the blitz bearing down on you, you pretty much have only one read and you have to fit some balls in tight spaces, which CK did. I thought his game today was better compared to the first Rams game. First game, he was pretty much winging it. This game he made some quick reads and nice adjustments that went unnoticed. The play-calls didn't help him.

Throwing check downs and slants? You mean the only plays that Kaepernick was able to complete today?

I don't think Alex really makes many big plays if he did play today, but I know he doesn't give the Rams 10 points.

Roman was out out-schemed alot today. No bootlegs, no moving the pocket, and very bland run calls. Our run game is so diverse normally...saw very little of that today. Maybe Hunter's injury had a bigger effect than I anticipated. But the lack of runs outside the tackles, which is a staple of the run game this year, hurt us. Hunter was definitely missed today. CK didn't force anything and was pretty accurate with the ball and made good decisions. Alex Smith definitely doesn't win this game with Gore only having 58 running yards...not even close. CK still had a QBR of 82.4 and had a 84 passer rating, both substantially higher than any of Smith's numbers in those categories in his two loses this year.

ESPN QBR is a garbage stat and Alex's passer rating was 81.1 against the Vikings, and that was brought down with a garbage time interception. If Alex plays the exact same game that Kaerpernick played today and makes the same mistake you know you are blaming the loss on him and him alone. Your double standard is ridiculous. Kaepernick played mediocre at best

binary
12-02-2012, 06:34 PM

ehhh, I think you're gonna be alone on that one buddy. You do realize that Kap was directly responsible for 10 of the Rams points right? The first TD drive the niners had was all the running game. Basically, without the Kap messups, the score is 7-3 for regulation...Alex would basically have to do jack all to win that game....heck any QB, not just Alex.

VAfy-ya
12-02-2012, 06:37 PM
ehhh, I think you're gonna be alone on that one buddy. You do realize that Kap was directly responsible for 10 of the Rams points right? The first TD drive the niners had was all the running game. Basically, without the Kap messups, the score is 7-3 for regulation...Alex would basically have to do jack all to win that game....heck any QB, not just Alex.

The option pitch was a dubious play call, both because the 49ers had not run it often this year - and never to Ginn - and because of the circumstances at the time. The 49ers were ahead by eight with 3:11 remaining and were facing 3rd and 3 at their own 17-yard line.

"That was on us," Jim Harbaugh said of the coaching staff. "That was the wrong play to call at that time. I would love to have that one back. Don't blame the players on that one. It was too risky of a play to call at the time."

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/12/that-was-on-us-harbaugh-shields-kaepernick-from-blame.html#storylink=cpy

abaddon41_80
12-02-2012, 06:38 PM
A risky play call does not excuse Kaepernick's terrible pitch. If he actually hits Ginn and we just lose yardage and have to punt we aren't even talking about it because the Rams are not driving for a touchdown

VAfy-ya
12-02-2012, 06:46 PM
I stand by my statement. If we disagree, that's fine. But don't tell me Alex hypothetically wins a game he never played in. Unless you got a Sports Almanac, a DeLorean, and a flux capacitor you want to sell me. That 'would of' crap is lame.

Ness
12-02-2012, 06:50 PM
I don't see Alex making that terrible pitch. Or getting a safety. I know that much. Kaepernick might be the Aaron Brooks for all we know.

abaddon41_80
Alex Smith would not have given the Rams those 10 points.

binary
I stand by my statement. If we disagree, that's fine. But don't tell me Alex hypothetically wins a game he never played in. Unless you got a Sports Almanac, a DeLorean, and a flux capacitor you want to sell me. That 'would of' crap is lame.

pf course it is....but you said the opposite too, which is even more lame considering the actual game.

Ness
12-02-2012, 06:51 PM

Yeah, but then you can't say he would have lost the game he didn't play in either.

VAfy-ya
12-02-2012, 06:54 PM
Yeah, but then you can't say he would have lost the game he didn't play in either.

Tit for tat....

Borat
12-02-2012, 06:59 PM
1.21 GigawattZzzZzzz

Brent
12-02-2012, 07:05 PM
1.21 GigawattZzzZzzz
sir, are you implying that hindsight is, indeed, 20/20?

dan77733
12-02-2012, 07:10 PM
Forget Smith. He's done and will be gone in February. Moving on.....

The safety was a bad call by the officials. What else is Kaepernick going to do in that situation? Either he takes the sack and a safety or throws the ball away. If the referees didnt screw up that call, everyone here would be saying great play by Kap, Smith would just take the sack. Give me a break. There was no way avoiding that in the endzone. Just the refs made the bad call.

Either way, 10-2 with just over 3 minutes left in regulation...why is that gadget play even called to begin with? Those of you blaming Kap for that are blaming the wrong guy. You're just using him as a scapegoat because you guys want Alex to be the QB despite the fact the between 2005-2010, not one person wanted him here. Kap didnt call that play. That disaster was on Roman and especially Harbaugh. First, the play is automatically going backwards. Even if Kap throws a perfect toss to Ginn, he'll still lose yards and punt.

That 3rd and 3 is where we should have run a inside slant because they worked the entire game. At worse, audible to a run and give Gore a shot at getting the first down.

No way in hell should that play even be in the playbook. Sorry but all gadget plays shouldnt exist and the plays that are already giving you negative yardage even before the play starts is beyond stupidity. You dont call those plays. You would think that Harbaugh and Roman would have learned from the NFCCG but obviously, they havent.

If that play doesnt happen, who knows? We could have converted and possibly run out the clock or punt and the defense stops the Rams offense.

I'll admit that was a bad pass by Kap but he's third to blame. First is Harbaugh and Roman with Ginn second because he barely made an effort for the ball. Instead of jumping on the ball and trying to recover it, he tries to pick it up and even if he does pick up the ball, where the hell is he going to go anyway??? Nowhere, he'll be buried.

Anyway.....moving on.....good news for our defense for the Dolphins game...LT Jake Long suffered an injury today and may be gone for the rest of the season. Aldon and Justin should have a field day on the Dolphins left side if thats true.

ViperVisor
12-02-2012, 07:12 PM
THE SNAP WAS AT THE 17!

I talked about this the other day.

His pocket awareness is partly pass rush ignorance/arrogance.

He also is skip to my lou-ing his drop backs with busy feet and not stopping til 10 yards from the LOS. That is the tendency of younger QBs to want more space from the line and fade back from pressure. Kolb is really bad at this.

dan77733
12-02-2012, 07:24 PM
Safety was bad and Kaepernick running backwards was bad too. i didnt say it wasnt but we were screwed on that play period. Doesnt matter what Kap did or didnt do. Referees screwed us on that play and at least two face mask non calls early in the game especially one on Finnegan after a Crabtree catch.

And the only reason why Smith wouldnt run back 17 yards is because he can barely run (when compared to Kap) and would have been sacked long before anyway.

Everyone here is bitching about Kaepernick's bad pass but yet, all of you who are doing that are missing the main focal point - the play that was called caused that in the first place. It's like when something violent and bad happens. After the fact, people try to solve the problem when it should be solved beforehand and thus, prevented from happening.

Same damn thing here but yet, few are seeing the same thing. Instead, just want to blame Kap. Forget Smith, his ass is done which is something EVERYONE here has wanted at one point or another since 2005 but now, all of a sudden, everyone wants Smith. A lot of you complain about that other forum and while I have never been on that forum, I dont see the difference compared to those on that forum and majority of you here.

Kaepernick is the starter. Should be the starter. Barring injury, will continue to be the starter. Period. Deal with it. Move on from Smith...just like you wanted to do a year ago, two years ago, seven years ago or whenever the hell it was when all of you wanted him gone.

VAfy-ya
12-02-2012, 07:26 PM
Alex Smith would not have given the Rams those 10 points.

Of course not those 10 points...but maybe another 10. Maybe even 14 points. My point is, your specualting. Alex may have played that game and not turned the ball over once, threw for a TD.....and still been on the losing end. Too many variables involved either way for you to know, for certain, that we win this game with Alex as the starter.

And my point in saying if Alex plays, we lose going away is to antagonize the argument. It's just as ludicrous as saying 'if he plays, we win'. Noticed earlier in talking about the QBs I mentioned Alex would have been "much less effective". I meant that, but that's not of indictment of whether or not we win the game. Alex could have played, done much worst statistically and we still could have won. I was showing the loss had less to do with the play of the QB and more about the situation the offensive staff put the QB in. CK didn't lose us the game. That was the implication being made....that his play costed us a victory. I don't believe that. I can say drive-killing penalties cost us the game. I can say bad play-calling cost us the game. I can say bad coaching decisions cost us the game. I can say dropped passes cost us the game. There's enough blame to be laid at the feet of several ppl.

abaddon41_80
12-02-2012, 07:38 PM
Of course not those 10 points...but maybe another 10. Maybe even 14 points. My point is, your specualting. Alex may have played that game and not turned the ball over once, threw for a TD.....and still been on the losing end. Too many variables involved either way for you to know, for certain, that we win this game with Alex as the starter.

And my point in saying if Alex plays, we lose going away is to antagonize the argument. It's just as ludicrous as saying 'if he plays, we win'. Noticed earlier in talking about the QBs I mentioned Alex would have been "much less effective". I meant that, but that's not of indictment of whether or not we win the game. Alex could have played, done much worst statistically and we still could have won. I was showing the loss had less to do with the play of the QB and more about the situation the offensive staff put the QB in. CK didn't lose us the game. That was the implication being made....that his play costed us a victory. I don't believe that. I can say drive-killing penalties cost us the game. I can say bad play-calling cost us the game. I can say bad coaching decisions cost us the game. I can say dropped passes cost us the game. There's enough blame to be laid at the feet of several ppl.

If Alex plays at the level that he has played at for the vast majority of the last two seasons, the 49ers win that game.

JordanTaber
12-02-2012, 07:38 PM
This is a Super Bowl team.

I keep seeing people say this, and it's really getting on my nerves.

Based on what? What the **** has this ******* team proven? They got blown out by the Giants, a playoff team...and they lost to the Vikings.

Beating up on the ******* Bills and Cardinals doesn't make them a "Super Bowl team."

Granted, the NFL is such a joke these days that the Super Bowl winner can be absolutely anyone who stays in the race...but given that tendency, it shouldn't matter who is at quarterback. Kaepernick could suck the rest of the regular season, then come alive for the playoffs.

dan77733
12-02-2012, 07:48 PM
Any info on Gore and Manningham yet?

I noticed that Gore was favoring his left arm near the end of the game and Manningham hurt his right shoulder and didnt return.

Any updates yet or too soon?

49ersfan_87
12-02-2012, 08:12 PM
So...will our rookies ever play this year?

You'd think an injury to a WR and RB would get them on the field. 0 snaps combined yet again. This isn't even a "depth" thing anymore. Teams tend to use their depth.

Menardo75
12-02-2012, 08:18 PM
Not having Kendall Hunter really hurt today. They need to activate Lamichael and see if he can fill that role. Have to give the Rams credit their defense is good and very disciplined.

49ersfan_87
12-02-2012, 08:23 PM
Not having Kendall Hunter really hurt today. They need to activate Lamichael and see if he can fill that role. Have to give the Rams credit their defense is good and very disciplined.

we missed a speed element in our run game and jacobs was really ineffective. one 3rd down conversion other than that he was good for 2 yards a pop.

VAfy-ya
12-02-2012, 09:05 PM
If Alex plays at the level that he has played at for the vast majority of the last two seasons, the 49ers win that game.

That would be true in Alex's two losses we received when he was the starter this season as well....so what is your point excatly? Because even Alex can't guarantee he plays at that level every game. So what do you know that he doesn't? Because if we're going to play that game, we shouldn't have lost any game in which Alex started this year because obviously "he has played at that level for a vast majority of the last two seasons". If he can assure us he plays like that for the rest of the year, he might want to tell Jimbaugh and get his job back....I'm sure he would sleep better at night knowing what his starter would play like each and every Sunday. Makes for a much easier game-plan.

dan77733
12-02-2012, 09:10 PM
Our top two rookies need to play already. Having Jacobs and Ginn replace Hunter and Williams at RB and WR respectively isnt a good thing. Ginn shouldnt even be on the field as a WR and Jacobs sucks. Hopefully, they can get activated and actually play next week. James is a Hunter type back and could possibly replace him in that speed back role. Need to see what he and Jenkins can do especially when the alternatives suck.

holt_bruce81
12-02-2012, 09:11 PM
Nice game today guys, hopefully in a year or two the Rams will be right there with ya fighting for a division title. Good luck next week

Ness
12-02-2012, 09:59 PM
Forget Smith. He's done and will be gone in February. Moving on.....
Because Kaepernick is the for-sure starter going forward. I mean he couldn't get hurt, keep sucking and then be replaced...nah :njx:

dan77733
12-02-2012, 10:56 PM
Because Kaepernick is the for-sure starter going forward. I mean he couldn't get hurt, keep sucking and then be replaced...nah :njx:

He would have to suck real bad or get severely injured and even then, I still think that Smith will be gone in February. There's no turning back. Whether its now or later, Kaepernick is the new franchise QB whether anyone here likes it or not. Paying Alex Smith $8.5m next year guaranteed to be the backup isnt going to happen and I'll be shocked if he accepts a paycut. Personally, if im him, I just retire. He's never going to get the chance that he had last season. He may compete for a starting spot but more likely be a backup for some team.

Ness
12-02-2012, 11:23 PM
He would have to suck real bad or get severely injured and even then, I still think that Smith will be gone in February. There's no turning back. Whether its now or later, Kaepernick is the new franchise QB whether anyone here likes it or not. Paying Alex Smith $8.5m next year guaranteed to be the backup isnt going to happen and I'll be shocked if he accepts a paycut. Personally, if im him, I just retire. He's never going to get the chance that he had last season. He may compete for a starting spot but more likely be a backup for some team.
Right, retire. Screw trying to make a living and provide the best possible life for his wife and child when he's still in the prime of his career, and screw playing for the love of the game. I'm sure Alex got this far in life with your attitude Dan. Besides, it's not like any other quarterback around his age had success after 29. :njx:

In any case, Kaepernick could have another sub-par against the Dolphins and be benched. Especially if the 49ers lose. Wouldn't surprise me one bit. Especially since the Patriots are the next game on the schedule after that. And if got hurt was out for a while and Alex leads this team far, I wouldn't be so sure that he would be out as a 49er. It's not like Kaepernick has proved he's head and shoulders above Alex Smith at this point, and that was what was supposed to happen. Kaepernick has actually looked less and less spectacular as the games have gone by.

Ness
12-02-2012, 11:24 PM
Fantastic post from the main board by another poster.

I think it's obvious that Colin has the ability to scramble, has the better arm, and is overall more athletic than Alex Smith. He has the tools to succeed, but he needs to get his emotions in check, his lows are too low, and his highs are too high. Reminds me of how Troy Smith used to be back when he was starting.

In my opinion, Alex Smith is the type of QB that this team needs. Someone who takes the safe options, manages the game, and most importantly, doesn't make crucial mistakes which leads to points for the opposing team.

The 49ers are such a strong team that we do not need a QB to carry us on their back. If you look at most of our wins last season and this season, they were won by us playing solid football all around, astute defense, good special teams, and a conservative offense which doesn't give away free possessions/points to the other team.

The 49ers don't need to try to become a super juggernaut offense right now. It's just too risky to do it in the middle of the season. We had something great going on with Alex Smith, and Jim wanted something more. This may ultimately lead to the downfall of this team.

I see talent in Colin, no doubt. But he should have been groomed to start next season, and have a whole off season to learn to play smart football.

Colin maybe the better QB in terms of talent, but Smith is the better QB in terms of managing the game and not giving away points. Smith is the QB that this 49ers team needs, not Colin. We don't need someone to thinks they have to be superman and carry the team; Alex Smith understood his role as a QB (and that is to play it safe), and that led us to wins.

We had a winning formula, why risk it Jim? Getting a bit too greedy. We got this far by playing smart, conservative football. Why change that now? If you really wanted to overhaul this offense and make it truly "unstoppable" with Colin, do it next season.

binary
12-03-2012, 12:16 AM
I think that's a good post, but only time will tell. Personally, I disagree with the post and think Jim did the right thing in terms of keeping Colin in. He had to see what he had, now he's seeing it....and it looks like Colin is still learning. We can't have a QB that looks at one read and ditches the pocket..it never works.

What I also don't get is the strategy when Colin is in. Everyone used to say that the Offense was a result of Alex's limitations....well it's looking more and more like THIS IS the Offense, whether you like it or not. If you made the change to the guy because he had the big arm, use it, attack the opposition on all levels. All I'm seeing is a lot of conservative playcalls and gadgetry.

This next game is huge for Colin, he can't put up a game like this before the Pats and Seahawks...we need momentum going into these games.

dan77733
12-03-2012, 12:34 AM
Right, retire. Screw trying to make a living and provide the best possible life for his wife and child when he's still in the prime of his career, and screw playing for the love of the game. I'm sure Alex got this far in life with your attitude Dan. Besides, it's not like any other quarterback around his age had success after 29. :njx:

In any case, Kaepernick could have another sub-par against the Dolphins and be benched. Especially if the 49ers lose. Wouldn't surprise me one bit. Especially since the Patriots are the next game on the schedule after that. And if got hurt was out for a while and Alex leads this team far, I wouldn't be so sure that he would be out as a 49er. It's not like Kaepernick has proved he's head and shoulders above Alex Smith at this point, and that was what was supposed to happen. Kaepernick has actually looked less and less spectacular as the games have gone by.

Guy is already a millionaire and could easily retire, live a good life with his wife and kid(s). You act like he's poor or something. Nothing wrong with my attitude. If he cant be the starting QB here long term, he wont be the starting QB anywhere especially when you add in the fact that he would have yet another OC and have to learn yet another offense. Just think that his time is pretty much done. No team went after him in the off-season and I dont see why that would change a year later and after getting benched for Kaepernick.

As for Kaepernick, I dont see him getting benched unless he gets injured. Even if he was to have a 5 interception game and lose badly, I still dont see him getting benched. Harbaugh choose Kaepernick and his ego wont allow him to bench Kaepernick no matter how bad he plays. He's going to ride him out, good or bad.

Kaepernick looked good in his first two starts and was solid today. The playcalling is a bigger concern than either Kaepernick or Smith at this point at least to me anyway. You're really want Smith back after just three games? Come on man. Smith had seven plus years and we went as far as we're going to go with him at QB last year. Team isnt going to get to the Super Bowl with him. The teams that have won the Super Bowl all had great QB's and an offense that wasnt offensive to watch. With Smith, that was never going to happen.

Just have to give Kaepernick time.

Ness
12-03-2012, 12:43 AM
Guy is already a millionaire and could easily retire, live a good life with his wife and kid(s). You act like he's poor or something. Nothing wrong with my attitude. If he cant be the starting QB here long term, he wont be the starting QB anywhere especially when you add in the fact that he would have yet another OC and have to learn yet another offense. Just think that his time is pretty much done. No team went after him in the off-season and I dont see why that would change a year later and after getting benched for Kaepernick.

As for Kaepernick, I dont see him getting benched unless he gets injured. Even if he was to have a 5 interception game and lose badly, I still dont see him getting benched. Harbaugh choose Kaepernick and his ego wont allow him to bench Kaepernick no matter how bad he plays. He's going to ride him out, good or bad.

Kaepernick looked good in his first two starts and was solid today. The playcalling is a bigger concern than either Kaepernick or Smith at this point at least to me anyway. You're really want Smith back after just three games? Come on man. Smith had seven plus years and we went as far as we're going to go with him at QB last year. Team isnt going to get to the Super Bowl with him. The teams that have won the Super Bowl all had great QB's and an offense that wasnt offensive to watch. With Smith, that was never going to happen.

Just have to give Kaepernick time.

http://i.minus.com/iiAvHgfXkv0P8.gif

Ness
12-03-2012, 01:27 AM
Also, I love the "he had seven years" card. Because all of those teams he was on were just marvelous. :njx:

That's like the worst cop out ever and automatically proves you've been drinking from the biased mug.

binary
12-03-2012, 02:11 AM
We don't have time dan, jesus. Time is now. If team was crap, sure, team is not crap tho.

JeffSamardzijaIRISH
12-03-2012, 02:17 AM
There also seems to be the misconception that Smith can't make the big play. He can. He's done it. He's had some great throws this year. He's not just a game manager, Smith can absolutely go out and win games.

But the thing is you know what you're getting with Smith. Definite top 15 QB but not top 5. Good, but will never be great. But good is good enough for this team. All they need is a good quarterback. Kaepernick has the potential to be great and dynamic, but right now it's still just potential. He looked lost out there today. If the 9ers want to win a Super Bowl, then they can't have a guy learning on the fly. They need Smith in there.

Ness
12-03-2012, 05:44 AM
We don't have time dan, jesus. Time is now. If team was crap, sure, team is not crap tho.

But Kaepernick "just needs time."

abaddon41_80
12-03-2012, 06:21 AM
Colin Kaepernick's passing yards, YPA, and QB rating have gone down in all of his starts along with the 49ers points scored. He is getting worse, not better. No one is denying his talent but this team can win a Super Bowl this year with Alex Smith.

I am legitimately worried about Harbaugh's control of this team. His comments about the "hot hand" and starting the QB that gives us the best chance to win this year don't look very true at this point. If your team thinks you are lying it makes it a lot harder to control them. Kaepernick needs to play well against the Dolphins or needs to be benched.

Also, in regards to the Smith had seven years comment--he didn't. He had 30 starts under his belt and was coming off a seriously injured shoulder when the 49ers gave up on him being the franchise QB, evidenced by them putting him into an open competition with Shaun Hill before the season. Regardless, Smith had 50 starts going into last season. 50 starts =/= seven years.

JordanTaber
12-03-2012, 09:08 AM
Also, I love the "he had seven years" card. Because all of those teams he was on were just marvelous. :njx:

That's like the worst cop out ever and automatically proves you've been drinking from the biased mug.

Where were you when Tim Rattay got a whopping one injury-plagued season before they drafted Milquetoast Wonderboy? When Rattay easily beat out the team's "chosen one" in camp and preseason, only to be benched after week 4 when Wonderboy hadn't done a single thing to earn the job? When Rattay was immediately traded to the Bucs for a 6th round pick just to make sure their chosen one was as comfortable as possible? Can't have any competition for The Messiah that is Alex Smith. Oh, no. Can't have him looking over his shoulder at the man he never could beat for the job.

Remember all the great weapons Tim Rattay had? The Curtis Conways and Johnnie Mortons in their last year of football after having already established they were on their last legs before even signing with the 49ers? Otis Amey playing the slot, such as against the Dallas Cowboys in 2005, where a pass bounces out of his hands on a slant, costing the 49ers the victory, yet in this instance, it's not Amey's fault because it wasn't Alex Smith throwing the ball. Rattay has to not throw that slant because the coverage was too tight.

Terry Jones at tight end in 2005.

Kevan Barlow averaging 3.2 yards/carry at running back. Ted Tollner as the offensive coordinator in 2004.

Kwame Harris, Justin Smiley, Scott Gragg, Kyle Kosier, Anthony Clement. Exxxxcellent up front, as we all know.

But Rattay had Brandon Lloyd, and Arnaz Battle. That should have been enough for him to be consistently excellent. Just not enough for Alex Smith.

When it comes to Alex Smith, Brandon Lloyd, Arnaz Battle, Antonio Bryant, Darrell Jackson, Michael Crabtree, Mario Manningham, and Randy Moss aren't good enough. Vernon Davis isn't good enough. Larry Allen, Jonas Jennings, Joe Staley, Anthony Davis, Mike Iupati, and Alex Boone aren't good enough.

Mike McCarthy? Not good enough. Norv Turner? Not good enough, either. But he made such great strides with Turner! 16 TDs, 16 INTs, 2800 yards, 58.1% completion, with Frank Gore having a Jim Brown-type season at running back. Well, at least it's an improvement over 1 TD to 11 INTs and 50.9% completion.

Mike Martz, what does he know?

Jimmy Raye and Jim Hostler were also to blame. Mike Johnson, too.

Alex Smith fans live in their own little world where the offensive coordinator always sucks and the supporting cast is to blame any time he has a bad game. If he throws an interception, the receiver ran the wrong route or didn't make enough of an effort to get to the football. If the receivers don't catch enough passes in a game, they weren't getting open. After all, if they were, the infallible Alex would surely have hit them. Get it? Get it? Circular reasoning 4tw.

If Alex is sacked, it's either the line's fault for not protecting, or, in the event of a "coverage sack," it must have been that nobody was open. Again, Alex Smith does not miss open receivers.

If it's incomplete, either the receiver dropped it, didn't make enough of an effort to get the ball, ran the wrong route, or wasn't open. Plus, remember, Alex needs more time to get in synch with the new receivers.

He also needs more time to learn the new offense.

In the Alex fanboy world, QB rating is the only stat that matters. Well, that and completion percentage. If Alex has good figures in a given statistic, that's the one that matters. All the other statistics don't deserve mention. They're somebody else's fault, anyway.

And now they're going to pretend that this team was on their way to a guaranteed Super Bowl victory before poor Alex was screwed yet again. They're going to act like Alex's games against garbage teams like the Bills and Cardinals were the norm, and did not inflate his numbers beyond belief, and Alex didn't go out and suck against the Jets, Vikings, Giants, and Seahawks. Hey, what were his QB ratings those games? 81? That's not bad at all, yo! He didn't throw any INTs and completed enough checkdowns to complete 58% of his throws, therefore he played well in that one!

Alex Smith fanboys are insufferable.

JordanTaber
12-03-2012, 09:12 AM

Well, the team is going to be good for a long time. It's either Alex Smith, or Colin Kaepernick. Alex Smith is not a ******* wily old veteran. He's 28. He's only 3 years older than Kaepernick.

If Alex Smith DOES win the Super Bowl with this team. WHAT THEN? Huh?

When is it going to be Kaepernick's time? When is it going to be time to move on from a SUPER BOWL WINNING quarterback whose QB ratings figures are always "sooooo gooooood" that his fanboys blurt them out every time in his defense? When is it going to be time to take a risk with Kaepernick? In 7-8 years, when Willis/Bowman start to slow down? When Kaepernick himself is 32-33 years old, and Alex is finally on his way toward retirement?

If Alex Smith wins the Super Bowl, Kaepernick's chances of being the 49ers' QB of the future are over.

ViperVisor
12-03-2012, 10:15 AM
Where were you when Tim Rattay got a whopping one injury-plagued season before they drafted Milquetoast Wonderboy? When Rattay easily beat out the team's "chosen one" in camp and preseason, only to be benched after week 4 when Wonderboy hadn't done a single thing to earn the job? When Rattay was immediately traded to the Bucs for a 6th round pick just to make sure their chosen one was as comfortable as possible? Can't have any competition for The Messiah that is Alex Smith. Oh, no. Can't have him looking over his shoulder at the man he never could beat for the job. If anything it was a favor to Rattay. In 03 Tim had his own spark plug run. 7TD 2INT. 04 sure the team sucked and problem far beyond Rattay. But that was his 5th year in the league and he didn't appear to be a QB of the future.

Lots of wasted space talking about Rattay for god sake...

When it comes to Alex Smith, Brandon Lloyd, Arnaz Battle, Antonio Bryant, Darrell Jackson, Michael Crabtree, Mario Manningham, and Randy Moss aren't good enough. Vernon Davis isn't good enough. Larry Allen, Jonas Jennings, Joe Staley, Anthony Davis, Mike Iupati, and Alex Boone aren't good enough.
Lloyd *1 year and has since bounced around the NFL*
Arnaz Battle *Good draft pick but he was a QB. Hard worker*
Antonio Bryant *Best talent. Smith took advantage of it. Also didn't make it a full year before getting kicked off the team*
Darrell Jackson *I remember the hope. He had 12 catches total after 2007
Michael Crabtree *Holds out. Never practices. Eventually does get his feet under him and looks like a good possession WR.
Mario Manningham *A low price FA WR. Had like 7 games with him
Randy Moss *35yo who was out of the NFL
Vernon Davis *a great weapon
Larry Allen *old and we got the last good football out of him
Jonas Jennings *injuries and then gone
Joe Staley *was raw but has turned into a good LT last year
Anthony Davis *super raw and turned into a good RT this year
Mike Iupati *good
Alex Boone *good

Mike McCarthy? Not good enough. Norv Turner? Not good enough, either. But he made such great strides with Turner! 16 TDs, 16 INTs, 2800 yards, 58.1% completion, with Frank Gore having a Jim Brown-type season at running back. Well, at least it's an improvement over 1 TD to 11 INTs and 50.9% completion. Gore is great yes. Who the RT? Who were the WRs other than Antonio? Vernon was a rookie and missed 6 games.

And he was still just 22yo and some development time was expected. 2006 was a big step and there was hope.
http://static1.businessinsider.com/image/4d215bb749e2aea957290000/josh-freeman.jpg

Mike Martz, what does he know? Smith was on IR.

Jimmy Raye and Jim Hostler were also to blame. Mike Johnson, too. Seriously? The defense were calling out our plays.

JordanTaber
12-03-2012, 11:36 AM
If anything it was a favor to Rattay. In 03 Tim had his own spark plug run. 7TD 2INT. 04 sure the team sucked and problem far beyond Rattay. But that was his 5th year in the league and he didn't appear to be a QB of the future.

It was a favor to Rattay to trade him to another team that already had a starting QB in the middle of the season?

I wonder if you'd consider it a favor to Alex Smith if the 49ers traded him to the Seahawks.

Give me a break with that "5th year in the league" nonsense. What was Alex doing in his 5th year in the league? Oh, right.

Rattay backed up Garcia for 4 years. His playing experience was extremely limited, and he'd only taken first team reps, when healthy, for about 1 season. Imagine if he'd received all the coaching efforts Smith has. Imagine if he'd been given all the additional talent Smith has been given.

"Didn't appear to be a QB of the future." Based on what? The same standards you hold Alex Smith to? I think not. Rattay's ever-important QB raaaaatinggggg was 78.1 in an injury-plagued season with the worst team in football.

Smith didn't top that figure until 2009, with a whopping 81.5. That was also Smith's 5th year in the league, but with far more playing experience and the presence of Vernon Davis, Michael Crabtree, Frank Gore, and an actually somewhat legitimate offensive line.

Lots of wasted space talking about Rattay for god sake...

Oh, of course you'd say that, because it doesn't fit your Alex agenda.

Lloyd *1 year and has since bounced around the NFL*

Pro Bowl 2010 season and nearly 1,000 yards last year, despite playing most of it on the hapless Rams.

Tim Rattay was getting him the ball. Alex Smith could not. That's why Lloyd bounced around before finally emerging. He didn't have anyone who could really get him the ball post-Rattay until he arrived in Denver.

Arnaz Battle *Good draft pick but he was a QB. Hard worker*

And the second best WR Rattay played with, unless you are counting the 3 games he played in 2003, where he out-performed Garcia.

Antonio Bryant *Best talent. Smith took advantage of it. Also didn't make it a full year before getting kicked off the team*

40-733-3 in 14 games is "taking advantage of it."

No.

83-1248-7 with Garcia is "taking advantage of it." And I despise Garcia.

Heck, Bryant had 1,009 and 4 on 69 catches the year before playing with Trent Dilfer/Charlie Frye in Cleveland.

Darrell Jackson *I remember the hope. He had 12 catches total after 2007

And I wonder why that is.

Michael Crabtree *Holds out. Never practices. Eventually does get his feet under him and looks like a good possession WR.

Oh wow, he held out. Pity the thought.

Never practices? Like, never ever ever?

Don't think so.

Looks like a good possession receiver? Try, he's a very good receiver, period. Anyone who doesn't think Crabtree is a legitimate #1 receiver at this point is just clueless when it comes to watching football.

Mario Manningham *A low price FA WR. Had like 7 games with him

A talented receiver who fell in the draft because of off field issues. Open on several deep balls this year that Alex overthrew.

Randy Moss *35yo who was out of the NFL

Was out of the NFL because he quit. Can still play at a high level when he wants to, and this year, he wants to. He hasn't been given the chance...unless you count Alex's dumpoff against AZ that he took to the house. That was all Moss...but you'll credit Alex, of course.

Vernon Davis *a great weapon

Yep. A great weapon Rattay never had.

Larry Allen *old and we got the last good football out of him

Yet even with him up there in 2006, Smith was mediocre at best in 2006.

Jonas Jennings *injuries and then gone

Excellent in 2006.

Joe Staley *was raw but has turned into a good LT last year

Better than any tackle Rattay ever played with, even at his worst.

Anthony Davis *super raw and turned into a good RT this year
Mike Iupati *good
Alex Boone *good

Compared to what Rattay had in 04-05, these are the Hogs.

Gore is great yes. Who the RT? Who were the WRs other than Antonio? Vernon was a rookie and missed 6 games.

So now Smith needs absolutely everything to be perfect?

You know who Rattay's right tackles were? Scott Gragg in 2004, who had already turned into a huge liability in 2003, and the same guy you're upset about having been the right tackle for Smith in 2006. Kwame "piano keys" Harris.

Vernon was a rookie, and that was also the last time he was a monster after the catch.

You know who filled in for Davis? The same guy who was the starting tight end for Rattay in 2004 - Eric "outlet" Johnson.

And he was still just 22yo and some development time was expected. 2006 was a big step and there was hope.
http://static1.businessinsider.com/image/4d215bb749e2aea957290000/josh-freeman.jpg

Of course it was a big step up. Smith had arguably the worst rookie season by a quarterback in NFL history.

Smith was on IR.

Smith played in camp and in preseason and Martz named J.T. O'Sullivan the starter before Smith went on IR.

Seriously? The defense were calling out our plays.

When is an offensive coordinator going to not be at fault? Even the Alex fans are admitting Roman/Harbaugh's play calling is a joke. Their idea of "creative" is running end arounds and pitches bringing in the backup quarterback on designed running plays.

And yet, Roman/Harbaugh are the first guys who have provided Smith with a system he's ever posted hollow QB rating numbers to be used in his defense in.

Harbaugh/Roman, whichever of them is responsible for this scheme, is as conservative as it gets. His system is a power running game with low risk passing. Smith failed in all other schemes.

dan77733
12-03-2012, 12:28 PM

Hmmmm....thats the same excuse that you used for wanting Alex gone before Harbaugh so dont give me that crap.

You and everyone else here wanted Smith gone before Harbaugh but now, everyone is the opposite and why? WTF has Smith done? Subtract the defense, Akers (last season) and our running game and after 2011, you and everyone else would have wanted Smith gone yet again so dont give me that ********.

Smith ISNT the reason we got to the NFCCG last season. It was in SPITE of him. Two games against the Saints and Eagles out of 18 are the only two games we won because of him.

I do like Kaepernick better because he's the better QB. The bigger issue is with the play calling. If Harbaugh and Roman just let Kaepernick play like they did in the Bears game, we wouldnt be having this discussion. Harbaugh and Roman are doing the same crap they did with Smith. Consertative pansy ass play calling with idiotic and moronic gadget plays thrown in.

The LOSS yesterday was on Harbaugh and Roman period. Not Kaepernick. No QB would be stupid enough to call that play in that situation at that time. Hell, majority of QB's hate gadget plays because they know they dont work and no reason to run them. Gadget plays have a minimal chance at best at succeeding so why run them?

It's amazing how everyone is blaming Kaepernick for the loss but yet, if it was Alex, everyone would then be blaming Harbaugh and Roman? But of course, thats not playing favorites.

Everyone thinks that Smith is the answer but he's not. If he was, Harbaugh wouldnt have traded up to draft Kaepernick, wouldnt have tried to sign Hasselbeck before Smith, wouldnt have tried to get Peyton here before re-signing Smith and sure as hell wouldnt have stayed with Kaepernick.

Harbaugh himself knows that Smith is a liability and not the answer but yet, all of you think he is despite the previous five years or whatever the hell it was before Harbaugh got here that all of you wanted him gone.

I wanted Smith gone before Harbaugh. Because of the lockout, re-signing Smith made the most sense. There werent any other options. Smith had his best season in 2011 but it was because of everything else around him. This year, I was actually hoping that he was going to sign with Miami. That way, Kaepernick could have started since the opener and whatever happens happens.

Now, everyone wants Smith back at QB until when? He completes one pass in the NFCCG to a WR again? Everyone here wants Smith back after one loss and the loss isnt even on Kaepernick. It's on Harbaugh and Roman for that stupid gadget play which setup this entire situation and their horrible play calling in OT before Akers missed which I knew he was going to happen because its happened before yet Harbaugh makes him attempt a long FG with a bad groin? Come on.

Who here would actually do that? Not me. I would be aggressive as hell and try to score a TD. Not just give up and assume that Akers wouldnt miss a long FG.

Thats the difference and something I have said all season. Harbugh thinks that the wins are just going to be handed to him which is evident by his gadget play calling at the worst possible time. Harbaugh needs to just let Kaepernick play and go out and take the win period.

Harbaugh needs to eliminate the gadget plays 100% because they're **** and rarely if ever work and arent work the risk and gamble. He also needs to let Kaepernick play like he did in the Bears game. Just let him play. He's holding him back just like he did with Smith and I dont care who the QB is for us, we're not going win a damn thing let alone the SB that way.

Yes, I want Kaepernick as the starting QB because his positives outweigh his negatives and he has more positives than Smith. Smith is basically Dilfer 2000. No thanks. Not going to win a SB that way.

Kaepernick's big play ability is what makes him more valuable to us than Smith. Even though I dont blame him first, he had that bad toss to Ginn but made up for it with the 50 yard run. Only thing that he did bad was go out of bounds before the late 4th quarter FG. And even then, if the play calling didnt suck, maybe we would have gotten a first down and still win and end the game with a short and easy FG.

As for Smith, he needs to be gone in February. Doesnt matter how this season ends. Smith needs to be gone and there needs to be no debate, no discussion, no QB controversy, etc. The sooner Smith is gone, the better everything and everyone will be because there will no longer be these types of conversations/debates/arguments.

All of us will then know that Kaepernick is the franchise QB and thats it. Then, it will be time to just go out and let him play.

VAfy-ya
12-03-2012, 12:55 PM
I think that's a good post, but only time will tell. Personally, I disagree with the post and think Jim did the right thing in terms of keeping Colin in. He had to see what he had, now he's seeing it....and it looks like Colin is still learning. We can't have a QB that looks at one read and ditches the pocket..it never works.

What I also don't get is the strategy when Colin is in. Everyone used to say that the Offense was a result of Alex's limitations....well it's looking more and more like THIS IS the Offense, whether you like it or not. If you made the change to the guy because he had the big arm, use it, attack the opposition on all levels. All I'm seeing is a lot of conservative playcalls and gadgetry.

This next game is huge for Colin, he can't put up a game like this before the Pats and Seahawks...we need momentum going into these games.

I'm really irritated by ppl keep saying he's making one read then running. That's not at all what happened yesterday. There were tons of time where CK went to secondary reads. Him staring down WRs wasn't the problem. If it were I'm sure he would have thrown a couple picks or questionable throws into coverage. I can't recall any to my knowledge.

The Rams had a solid game-plan. They took away anything deep or intermediate. They tried to make CK play like Alex....manage the game. Take the underneath throws and methodically move the offense down the field. They were banking on CK making a mistake or two and lacking the patience and discipline to do that all game long and that gamble paid off. CK made the right read and made good decisions 90% of the time. He took the underneath stuff, hit those slants routinely to move the chains. He took what they gave him and then some for the most part. The biggest thing with CK is that he ALWAYS believe he can make a play. It's a gift and a curse. The safety was key example of thinking he could escape the pocket and throw the ball away....still say it was a bad call but even if he takes a sack there, what's the difference? It was a 10-0 game at that point and I'd rather my QB try to give his team a chance than to just take a sack at the his own 10 just to say he 'played it safe'. I can live with those plays because part of the reason he is the starter is because he can make something out of nothing. You can't pick and choose the times where you embrace that part of his game and then turn around and condemn that part of his game. If the refs make the right call, no one is even talking about that play.

Now the pitch-fumble and him not staying in bounds were just mental errors he needs to learn from and understand the circumstances. You have to know when to play it safe and when you need to "make a play". The errant pitch was a instance were the it was time to play it safe, considering it was late in the game, us trying to protect the league and with your defense playing really good all game. Keep the ball, eat the sack, and let the clock run. I don't think anybody thought CK wouldn't have growing pains when he was announced as the starter. I certainly didn't think he'd go undefeated the rest of the regular sesson. He could very well lose one or two more games. It's a process and as long as he learns from it and grows and understands the lessons from these mistakes, he'll be a better player, and we'll be a better team for it when the playoffs roll around.

VAfy-ya
12-03-2012, 01:09 PM
Honestly, this is all my fault. I forgot to wear my Niners shirt while watching the game. I just realized were 0-3 when I don't wear any Niners stuff on gameday. My bad.

dan77733
12-03-2012, 01:15 PM
Honestly, this is all my fault. I forgot to wear my Niners shirt while watching the game. I just realized were 0-3 when I don't wear any Niners stuff on gameday. My bad.

Seriously? That's weird. LOL.

farfromforgotten
12-03-2012, 01:31 PM

Now we can stop debating Kaep and Smith and discuss the real source of our problem... Vafy-ya and his game day apparel. Hopefully, we'll be on top of this next week!

VAfy-ya
12-03-2012, 03:13 PM
Faced with two potential deer-in-the-headlights moments Sunday, Kaepernick, making his third career start, refused to flinch.

Most impressive was his response after his fourth-quarter, read-option pitch sailed over Ted Ginnís head and landed in Topeka. Kaepernickís error tied the game and sent the home crowd into an ear-splitting frenzy Ö which Kaepernick quieted justlikethat.

The first play of the 49ersí ensuing drive: Kaepernick rifled a 16-yard

Second play: Kaepernick zoomed 50 yards around right end to St. Louisí 14-yard line.

Third play: Kaepernick lofted a perfectly placed pass to well-covered tight end Delanie Walker in the front right corner of

Now, letís stop here for a moment:

If Walker catches the pass (and the 49ers hang on for a 17-10 win), Kaepernick would have atoned for his game-shifting mistake with a three-play, 70-second sequence that would have flipped the postgame narrative on its ear. I know I would have been clacking out a game story about how the young quarterback coolly and brilliantly responded in crisis.

And I would have included another telling moment: When the 49ers took over at their own 1-yard line late in the third

First play (after a holding penalty): Kaepernick created breathing room with 10-yard completion over middle to Crabtree

Second play (after an illegal-motion penalty led to 1st-and-15 at San Franciscoís 6): Kaepernick unleashed perhaps his most impressive pass of the day, a deep-out laser over the head of fully outstretched Rams cornerback Cortland

Those passes kick-started a 13-play, 94-yard, eight-plus minute drive that finished with a field goal and a 10-2 lead.

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/12/03/cool-hand-kaepernick-qb-not-perfect-but-plenty-poised/

abaddon41_80
12-03-2012, 04:36 PM
1) If he doesn't make the terrible mistakes in the first place then we don't even need to worry about his last drive in regulation

2) On the drive with the great pass to Crabtree, which was a great pass make no mistake, he severely underthrew Walker and the pass should have been intercepted but Walker broke it up, not to mention there was a terrible roughing the passer call.

dan77733
12-03-2012, 05:15 PM
1) If he doesn't make the terrible mistakes in the first place then we don't even need to worry about his last drive in regulation

Hmmmm......shouldnt this be everyone's thought process on the read option toss play? After all, if this terrible mistake of a play isnt called in the first place, then we dont even need to worry period.

Menardo75
12-03-2012, 05:40 PM
Just wanted to speak to the point about Delaine Walker. I am just as tired as all of you are watching him stone hand pass after pass, but is biggest value is as a blocker. Walker is the guy that makes the running game go. He is the guy Roman uses to utilize the entire running package all the, traps, counters etc. He is very important and you'd be hard pressed to find a better H back to do his job. With that being said though I agree he needs to NOT be a focal point of any passing play.

Ness
12-03-2012, 05:42 PM
Just wanted to speak to the point about Delaine Walker. I am just as tired as all of you are watching him stone hand pass after pass, but is biggest value is as a blocker. Walker is the guy that makes the running game go. He is the guy Roman uses to utilize the entire running package all the, traps, counters etc. He is very important and you'd be hard pressed to find a better H back to do his job. With that being said though I agree he needs to NOT be a focal point of any passing play.
Walker is not that great of a blocker.

Ness
12-03-2012, 05:44 PM
Hmmmm....thats the same excuse that you used for wanting Alex gone before Harbaugh so dont give me that crap.

You and everyone else here wanted Smith gone before Harbaugh but now, everyone is the opposite and why? WTF has Smith done? Subtract the defense, Akers (last season) and our running game and after 2011, you and everyone else would have wanted Smith gone yet again so dont give me that ********.

Smith ISNT the reason we got to the NFCCG last season. It was in SPITE of him. Two games against the Saints and Eagles out of 18 are the only two games we won because of him.

I do like Kaepernick better because he's the better QB. The bigger issue is with the play calling. If Harbaugh and Roman just let Kaepernick play like they did in the Bears game, we wouldnt be having this discussion. Harbaugh and Roman are doing the same crap they did with Smith. Consertative pansy ass play calling with idiotic and moronic gadget plays thrown in.

The LOSS yesterday was on Harbaugh and Roman period. Not Kaepernick. No QB would be stupid enough to call that play in that situation at that time. Hell, majority of QB's hate gadget plays because they know they dont work and no reason to run them. Gadget plays have a minimal chance at best at succeeding so why run them?

It's amazing how everyone is blaming Kaepernick for the loss but yet, if it was Alex, everyone would then be blaming Harbaugh and Roman? But of course, thats not playing favorites.

Everyone thinks that Smith is the answer but he's not. If he was, Harbaugh wouldnt have traded up to draft Kaepernick, wouldnt have tried to sign Hasselbeck before Smith, wouldnt have tried to get Peyton here before re-signing Smith and sure as hell wouldnt have stayed with Kaepernick.

Harbaugh himself knows that Smith is a liability and not the answer but yet, all of you think he is despite the previous five years or whatever the hell it was before Harbaugh got here that all of you wanted him gone.

I wanted Smith gone before Harbaugh. Because of the lockout, re-signing Smith made the most sense. There werent any other options. Smith had his best season in 2011 but it was because of everything else around him. This year, I was actually hoping that he was going to sign with Miami. That way, Kaepernick could have started since the opener and whatever happens happens.

Now, everyone wants Smith back at QB until when? He completes one pass in the NFCCG to a WR again? Everyone here wants Smith back after one loss and the loss isnt even on Kaepernick. It's on Harbaugh and Roman for that stupid gadget play which setup this entire situation and their horrible play calling in OT before Akers missed which I knew he was going to happen because its happened before yet Harbaugh makes him attempt a long FG with a bad groin? Come on.

Who here would actually do that? Not me. I would be aggressive as hell and try to score a TD. Not just give up and assume that Akers wouldnt miss a long FG.

Thats the difference and something I have said all season. Harbugh thinks that the wins are just going to be handed to him which is evident by his gadget play calling at the worst possible time. Harbaugh needs to just let Kaepernick play and go out and take the win period.

Harbaugh needs to eliminate the gadget plays 100% because they're **** and rarely if ever work and arent work the risk and gamble. He also needs to let Kaepernick play like he did in the Bears game. Just let him play. He's holding him back just like he did with Smith and I dont care who the QB is for us, we're not going win a damn thing let alone the SB that way.

Yes, I want Kaepernick as the starting QB because his positives outweigh his negatives and he has more positives than Smith. Smith is basically Dilfer 2000. No thanks. Not going to win a SB that way.

Kaepernick's big play ability is what makes him more valuable to us than Smith. Even though I dont blame him first, he had that bad toss to Ginn but made up for it with the 50 yard run. Only thing that he did bad was go out of bounds before the late 4th quarter FG. And even then, if the play calling didnt suck, maybe we would have gotten a first down and still win and end the game with a short and easy FG.

As for Smith, he needs to be gone in February. Doesnt matter how this season ends. Smith needs to be gone and there needs to be no debate, no discussion, no QB controversy, etc. The sooner Smith is gone, the better everything and everyone will be because there will no longer be these types of conversations/debates/arguments.

All of us will then know that Kaepernick is the franchise QB and thats it. Then, it will be time to just go out and let him play.

http://i.minus.com/i7parrns80kUf.gif

Menardo75
12-03-2012, 05:46 PM
Walker is not that great of a blocker.

Yes he is. Like I said he is the guy that seals the edge on a lot of the outside running plays, and the entire trap package.

abaddon41_80
12-03-2012, 05:48 PM
Hmmmm......shouldnt this be everyone's thought process on the read option toss play? After all, if this terrible mistake of a play isnt called in the first place, then we dont even need to worry period.

To go back even further you could say that specific mistake would not have happened if Kaepernick had not been drafted by the 49ers.

Ness
12-03-2012, 05:51 PM
Yes he is. Like I said he is the guy that seals the edge on a lot of the outside running plays, and the entire trap package.

He's looked good on a few crackback blocks or chip blocks here and there, but that doesn't mean anything in regards to squaring up blocking. You ask him to straight block a defensive lineman one on one he's going to get mauled a good amount of the time. He simply isn't strong enough. Walker himself had practically no confidence in his blocking ability when he came into the NFL, to the point that he wasn't sure he would make the 49ers roster and was stressing to his agent about it.

Menardo75
12-03-2012, 05:52 PM
To go back even further you could say that specific mistake would not have happened if Kaepernick had not been drafted by the 49ers.

And if you were never born we wouldn't have to listen to blind single sighted defenses of Alex Smith we could do that all day.

/discussion

Menardo75
12-03-2012, 05:53 PM
He's looked good on a few crackback blocks here and there, but that doesn't mean anything. You ask to straight block a defensive lineman one on one he's going to get mauled a good amount of the time. Walker himself had practically no confidence in his blocking ability when he came into the NFL, to the point that he wasn't sure he would make the 49ers roster and was stressing to his agent about it.

And since Roman has been the 49ers OC he's come a very long way in that department he's become a much better blocker than a receiver in his career.

Ness
12-03-2012, 05:56 PM
And since Roman has been the 49ers OC he's come a very long way in that department he's become a much better blocker than a receiver in his career.

Meh, I disagree. Guys like Vernon Davis and Rob Gronkowski set the precedent for blocking for a tight end in this league and Walker isn't on their level to me.

Menardo75
12-03-2012, 06:01 PM
Meh, I disagree. Guys like Vernon Davis and Rob Gronkowski set the precedent for blocking for a tight end in this league and Walker isn't on their level to me.

He isn't on inline plays, but using him as the trap guy, and the guy to pull around and close off the edge he is very good at, and against the Rams, Seahawks, and Saints last year it was noticeable to me how much it hurt the offense without being able to use the running packages he does very well in.

Ness
12-03-2012, 06:02 PM
He isn't on inline plays, but using him as the trap guy, and the guy to pull around and close off the edge he is very good at, and against the Rams, Seahawks, and Saints last year it was noticeable to me how much it hurt the offense without being able to use the running packages he does very well in.

Yes Walker is effective in that specific blocking role. I'll agree to that.

abaddon41_80
12-03-2012, 06:02 PM
And if you were never born we wouldn't have to listen to blind single sighted defenses of Alex Smith we could do that all day.

/discussion

The point is that you have to stop the chain of events somewhere. Was the pitch a ridiculous call? No question. Was it that hard of a play to execute? No. It is not like the play was a one-man route where Kaepernick has to throw to a triple-covered receiver. He had to pitch the ball three yards or fall down and take a sack. If Alex Smith had made that same mistake in that same situation I would be saying the exact same thing. Why people think I am biased when it comes to discussing Smith is something I will never understand. Is it just impossibly to objectively defend Smith or something?

dan77733
12-03-2012, 06:03 PM
Ness...

Using a photo of the great late Michael Jackson is an insult to Michael Jackson and why do so many people use all these slang words or abbreviations nowadays? How tough is it to type out the actual words?

Ness
12-03-2012, 06:10 PM
Ness...

Using a photo of the great late Michael Jackson is an insult to Michael Jackson and why do so many people use all these slang words or abbreviations nowadays? How tough is it to type out the actual words?

Tougher than it is to keep going in circles with you hoping you'll eventually take the blindfold off one of these days.

Menardo75
12-03-2012, 06:12 PM
The point is that you have to stop the chain of events somewhere. Was the pitch a ridiculous call? No question. Was it that hard of a play to execute? No. It is not like the play was a one-man route where Kaepernick has to throw to a triple-covered receiver. He had to pitch the ball three yards or fall down and take a sack. If Alex Smith had made that same mistake in that same situation I would be saying the exact same thing. Why people think I am biased when it comes to discussing Smith is something I will never understand. Is it just impossibly to objectively defend Smith or something?

Then stop the chain of events now. Lets all look forward to the game with the Dolphins. This is an important test for Colin to see how he bounces back. We can beat the Rams game horse to death, and spit out as many hypothetical situations we want it won't change anything.

The Rams defense out schemed and out coached the Niners offense. Kaepernick made two critical errors that lost the lead for San Francisco. He also made the two plays to get them back in it, and had it undermined by a drop by Walker. In overtime the conservative playcalling to actually set up a 50+ yard try was a terrible decision. That being said that's a kick Akers usually until this year makes.

/The end on to Miami.

Menardo75
12-03-2012, 06:12 PM
Tougher than it is to keep going in circles with you hoping you'll eventually take the blindfold off one of these days.

There's a better chance of Democracy coming to Cuba.

abaddon41_80
12-03-2012, 06:15 PM
Then stop the chain of events now. Lets all look forward to the game with the Dolphins. This is an important test for Colin to see how he bounces back. We can beat the Rams game horse to death, and spit out as many hypothetical situations we want it won't change anything.

The Rams defense out schemed and out coached the Niners offense. Kaepernick made two critical errors that lost the lead for San Francisco. He also made the two plays to get them back in it, and had it undermined by a drop by Walker. In overtime the conservative playcalling to actually set up a 50+ yard try was a terrible decision. That being said that's a kick Akers usually until this year makes.

/The end on to Miami.

This thread is to discuss the Rams game, though. There is nothing wrong with discussing it. As a fan, I want my team forgetting about losses quickly and focusing on the next game. But I don't see any reason for discussion among fans on a message board to follow the same path

Menardo75
12-03-2012, 06:18 PM
This thread is to discuss the Rams game, though. There is nothing wrong with discussing it. As a fan, I want my team forgetting about losses quickly and focusing on the next game. But I don't see any reason for discussion among fans on a message board to follow the same path

What more do you want to talk about? Everything that could be said has been.

abaddon41_80
12-03-2012, 06:29 PM
No one is forcing you to stay around in this topic, if you believe that.

Menardo75
12-03-2012, 06:37 PM
No one is forcing you to stay around in this topic, if you believe that.

And nobody is asking for your opinion any more irrelevant ******** you wanna talk about?

abaddon41_80
12-03-2012, 06:46 PM
I think discussing the Rams game in the Rams game thread is relevant. If you don't like the discussion then don't come into the thread.

dan77733
12-03-2012, 06:54 PM

The same exact thing can be said about you and everyone else here in this forum. One year, you and others want Smith gone, next to stay and then the following year to be gone again. It goes back and forth every year. And if anything, you're the main person here that wanted Smith gone for what seems like forever yet now, you want him to be the QB? What's really tough is understanding your perspective because like most on this board, it goes back and forth all the time.

Say what you want about me but once Kaepernick started the Bears game, I havent said once that I want Smith back. I dont. In fact, I want him gone and thankfully, he will be come February/early March.

Ness
12-03-2012, 11:50 PM
The same exact thing can be said about you and everyone else here in this forum. One year, you and others want Smith gone, next to stay and then the following year to be gone again. It goes back and forth every year. And if anything, you're the main person here that wanted Smith gone for what seems like forever yet now, you want him to be the QB? What's really tough is understanding your perspective because like most on this board, it goes back and forth all the time.

Say what you want about me but once Kaepernick started the Bears game, I havent said once that I want Smith back. I dont. In fact, I want him gone and thankfully, he will be come February/early March.

http://i.minus.com/ieV258LVQNg3D.gif

phlysac
12-04-2012, 12:58 AM
Can we please get back on topic people.

Tim Rattay got hosed.

Ness
12-04-2012, 01:10 AM
Alex Smith fanboys are insufferable.

Could be worse.

http://hiphopwired.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/terrell_owens_crying.jpg

Dats my Taber-sack.

VAfy-ya
12-04-2012, 06:14 AM
OAnd since Roman has been the 49ers OC he's come a very long way in that department he's become a much better blocker than a receiver in his career.

True, Walker himself admitted that last year was when he really got his act together and honed in on his blocking.....because Jimbaugh expects ALL his TE to block effectively and made it a point of emphasis. But for a time there, most believed, and rightfully so, his hands were better than VD and he was a much more fluid and natural pass-catcher. But it was ALWAYS his blocking that kept him from being a bigger part of the offense. And that was the case early on for him. Walker was a WR in college. He was never a blocker and he struggled mightily at it early.

Ness is right, he isn't a great in-line blocker. Certainly not in VD's caliber. Most of the blocks your talking about him making are his 'wham' blocks, pinch blocks or his crack-backs. You know who we also asked to do a lot of those same blocks? Kyle Williams. And he did just as good of a job as Delaine. Look at the play where he got injured. Williams was making a crack-back block from the slot on a DE. He did a lot in terms of blocking that went over-looked but dude was a helluva blocker for his statue and that's mainly where his injury leaves a void. We have no other WR physically who can duplicate what he does, blocking from the various packages he was in.

What Walker does in terms of blocking isn't anything profound or exceptional to the point it can't be replaced or even upgraded. It's possessing those skills in 6'0, 240 lbs frame with 4.4 speed which makes it unique. His uniqueness is that he fits any package and you can never tell whether its pass or run when he's on the field. But the drops are becoming alarming to the point where he can't be trusted. I believed he's dropped a pass in every game his had two or more targets....that's not just bad, it's horrible. And him dropping the potential game-winning pass Sunday was just the straw that broke the camel's back for me. For everyone crying about how CK played, Walker lost the game IMHO. That's how awful of a drop that was. And its crazy because he was so clutch last year. Replacing his blocking is relatively easy....replacing the overall weapon he is would be far harder. No one player is the vital cog to our blocking, its the scheme. This was excatly what Jimbaugh was doing at Stanford when had all those multiple TE sets with guys like Reuland, Erzah, and Fleener. Sure he does great job in what he's asked to do but its not ground-breaking. And he's also had his fair share of holding calls on the edge too. I just think the market for him will be more than Baalke is willing to pay. I don't see him coming back at this point unless its at a major discount. But what he does as a blocker can easily be replaced by a cheaper rookie. I'm sure we'll have a eye out for some H-Back like prospects who offer more in terms of a pass-catcher than a guy like Celek.

VAfy-ya
12-04-2012, 06:51 AM
Is it just impossibly to objectively defend Smith or something?

For you? Absolutely. I don't know if its subconscious or what but you have a 'defend Alex Smith at any and all cost' part of your football brain that knows no bounds. To point that you throw out minuscule rants like CK has gotten worst in each of his starts. I even said this would happen after the Bears game. Once film got out, teams would make it tougher on him. But he's still on the dean's list at Ball So Hard University. Maybe not a 4.0....but a 3.4 ain't bad at all. Since you like stats so much, I'll break it down like this...

• Colin Kaepernick had an 82.4 Total QBR in Sunday's loss to the Rams, his third straight start with a QBR over 70. Alex Smith has not had a single-season three-start stretch with QBRs above 70 in the past five seasons.

And you also neglect to mention that Alex played, progressively worst in each of his first four starts to begin the season. That's why its hard to take your attempts at objectivity seriously.

abaddon41_80
12-04-2012, 07:32 AM
For you? Absolutely. I don't know if its subconscious or what but you have a 'defend Alex Smith at any and all cost' part of your football brain that knows no bounds. To point that throw out minuscule rants like CK has gotten worst in each of his starts. I even said this would happen after the Bears game. Once film got out, teams would make it tougher on him. But he's still on the dean's list at Ball So Hard University. Maybe not a 4.0....but a 3.4 ain't bad at all. Since you like stats so much, I'll break it down like this...

3.4 my foot. He has been average, at best, the last two games. Kaepernick's passer rating against the Saints and Rams was lower than the average against those teams this season. The offense scored 10 less points against those teams than they allow this season. Smith has had lower than average performances only four times in nine starts, Kaepernick already has two in only three starts. It is more worrisome for Kaepernick because of the fact that he only above average game came when the defense had no gameplan in place for him and had not prepared for him at all.

Kaepernick's passer rating has gotten worse in all three of his starts, and his passing yards and YPA have gone down as well. The 49ers offensive points have gone down, as has their red zone efficiency.

According to QBR Andrew Luck > Aaron Rodgers = Alex Smith > Eli Manning this season.

I am not even giving my opinions, here. I am giving actual stats and being accused of not being objective.

And you also neglect to mention that Alex played, progressively worst in his first four starts to begin the season. That's why its hard to take your attempts at objectivity seriously.

I am not saying Kaepernick should be benched now, though. I say give him this game against the Dolphins and if he performs poorly again then bench him. My argument is against the idea that Kaepernick has been better than Smith this year or somehow makes this offense better. Those things may be true in the future, Kaepernick clearly has tons of talent, but they are objectively false right now. Smith has better numbers than Kaepernick and the 49ers have more YPG and a better redzone efficiency with Smith. We have slightly more PPG with Kaepernick but that is because the defense has two touchdowns in his three starts, they had one in Alex Smith's nine starts. Taking away defensive scores the 49ers have slightly more PPG with Smith

JordanTaber
12-04-2012, 06:43 PM
Could be worse.

http://hiphopwired.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/terrell_owens_crying.jpg

Dats my Taber-sack.

I love how your avatar is of Rice in a post-1995 49ers uniform. Out of all the Rice photos out there, you choose THAT one.

A perfect fit for a little brat like you...indicative of your age and general cluelessness when it comes to the NFL and its history.

VAfy-ya
12-05-2012, 09:17 AM
http://footballoutsiders.com/any-given-sunday/2012/any-given-sunday-rams-over-49ers

binary
12-05-2012, 02:50 PM
http://footballoutsiders.com/any-given-sunday/2012/any-given-sunday-rams-over-49ers

Man that 50 yard run was a really great play. Alex probably begins to panic there.

But also, those screenshots of him running out of bounds, that was just a crappy play. That's the type of play uber-athletic QBs make - instead of moving up in the pocket to avoid the rush, he turned back all the way around and the play went nowhere.

I will say that Kap's improv skills are a galaxy beyond Alex's, and I think that's the real reason Kap is starting....he can get the team out of a jam, and he can create when WRs are getting dominated (NFCCCG vs. Giants).

abaddon41_80
12-05-2012, 03:02 PM
I don't think Alex runs 50 yards on that play but I don't think he takes a sack, either. He would probably run through the same lane that Kaepernick did and dump it off to Gore or Miller.

The first play is just a bad play by Kaepernick. The receiver on the right side is already open by the time Kaepernick does his spin in the third image. Given how far the corner is playing back and the route the receiver is running, Kaepernick should have thrown the ball at the second image.

Ness
12-05-2012, 03:04 PM
I love how your avatar is of Rice in a post-1995 49ers uniform. Out of all the Rice photos out there, you choose THAT one.

A perfect fit for a little brat like you...indicative of your age and general cluelessness when it comes to the NFL and its history.

Wait, so because I have an avatar of Jerry Rice post-1995 means I'm clueless about NFL and it's history? Wow. Yeah, I guess I couldn't have just you know, liked the photo. :njx:

Seriously, that's like the shittest comeback ever dude. I hope you didn't lose too much sleep coming up with that one. If I had a picture of Joe Perry you would have been screwed. Also, you know you've lost leverage once you've resorted to using someone's avatar as ammo in your quest to be a jerk.

Dang, you really put me in my place. LOL post FAIL.

Menardo75
12-05-2012, 04:16 PM
Time to bust out my Y.A. Tittle pic.

VAfy-ya
12-05-2012, 04:35 PM
I don't think Alex runs 50 yards on that play but I don't think he takes a sack, either. He would probably run through the same lane that Kaepernick did and dump it off to Gore or Miller.

The first play is just a bad play by Kaepernick. The receiver on the right side is already open by the time Kaepernick does his spin in the third image. Given how far the corner is playing back and the route the receiver is running, Kaepernick should have thrown the ball at the second image.

WTF are you talking about? Do you not see Janoris Jenkins coming off the edge, UNTOUCHED on a CB blitz? There is absolutely no way he can complete that pass, the WR is still running the route and hasn't even come out of his break yet. That was a phenomenal play. I thought that was a sure sack when I saw it in real time. The hot route underneath goes no where because Laurinatis is right there. The other two routes on the other side of the field were deeper routes that had no time to develop because of the blitz.

abaddon41_80
12-05-2012, 04:52 PM
WTF are you talking about? Do you not see Janoris Jenkins coming off the edge, UNTOUCHED on a CB blitz? There is absolutely no way he can complete that pass, the WR is still running the route and hasn't even come out of his break yet. That was a phenomenal play. I thought that was a sure sack when I saw it in real time. The hot route underneath goes no where because Laurinatis is right there. The other two routes on the other side of the field were deeper routes that had no time to develop because of the blitz.

The corner covering whoever the receiver on the far right is, I think Ginn, is way off even before the ball is snapped and backs off further after it it. Look at his hips in the second picture. Ginn is clearly running a little 6-8 yard curl route. Kaepernick should have started his throwing motion right then and it would have been an easy first down. Playing QB in the NFL is about anticipation of when a receiver will be open and Kaepernick clearly didn't have it on that play. I think more than 50% of NFL QBs make that throw before the receiver comes out of his break for an easy first down

I don't see why we are even discussing this, though. Kaepernick did not pick up the first down and it was on third down, anyway. It doesn't matter if he takes a sack there or not. If one of Kaepernick's best plays from the game is one that had absolutely no effect on the outcome of the game that shows that he had a pretty bad game.

Menardo75
12-05-2012, 07:05 PM
The corner covering whoever the receiver on the far right is, I think Ginn, is way off even before the ball is snapped and backs off further after it it. Look at his hips in the second picture. Ginn is clearly running a little 6-8 yard curl route. Kaepernick should have started his throwing motion right then and it would have been an easy first down. Playing QB in the NFL is about anticipation of when a receiver will be open and Kaepernick clearly didn't have it on that play. I think more than 50% of NFL QBs make that throw before the receiver comes out of his break for an easy first down

I don't see why we are even discussing this, though. Kaepernick did not pick up the first down and it was on third down, anyway. It doesn't matter if he takes a sack there or not. If one of Kaepernick's best plays from the game is one that had absolutely no effect on the outcome of the game that shows that he had a pretty bad game.

He probably didn't throw it because it was Ginn and if that's the case I don't blame him.

abaddon41_80
12-05-2012, 07:32 PM
He probably didn't throw it because it was Ginn and if that's the case I don't blame him.

I would argue with you but I really can't

Borat
12-05-2012, 07:53 PM
Time to bust out my Y.A. Tittle pic.

I've interviewed Y. A. By far, the nicest athlete I've ever met. He was asking me more questions than I asked him. He unloaded a lot of QB knowledge which was amazing. He did an autograph signing the next day and he called me over to hangout for the rest of the event. Great Niner.

Also, Ginn should not be seeing any non-special teams snaps whatsoever.

Menardo75
12-05-2012, 08:01 PM
I've interviewed Y. A. By far, the nicest athlete I've ever met. He was asking me more questions than I asked him. He unloaded a lot of QB knowledge which was amazing. He did an autograph signing the next day and he called me over to hangout for the rest of the event. Great Niner.

Also, Ginn should not be seeing any non-special teams snaps whatsoever.

To your first paragraph that I awesome I always hoped he was a guy like that. I have a lot of respect for what he did in his career.

Second I cringe anytime Ginn is on the field for the offense.

VAfy-ya
12-05-2012, 10:07 PM

How is it a 8 yard curl when you can CLEARLY see Ginn is still running upfield as he passes the first down marker, right when CK reverses field? Both those routes on that side of the field were deeper routes, design to open up the other two routes underneath on the other side. If the blitz isn't on him, he has time to hit the deep in that probably comes open on from the slot, on the opposite side but HELLO, he has a CB untouched, bearing down on him. AGAIN, WTF ARE LOOKING AT? Do you even know what kind of coverage your seeing? What the hell is there to 'anticipate' about secondary route that hasn't even come open yet? Or maybe you want CK getting blasted as he's trying to unleash a high-risk throw, across the field. Seriously, your hate isn't even funny anymore. What do you mean it doesn't matter because he didn't get a first down? Do you hear yourself? He escaped what would have been a negative play and gained 8 yards. And no one said it was his best play of the game, the author clearly states those are plays Alex doesn't make and more than likely eats a sack like always. This is why its hard to take you seriously when you ***** and moan about your "objectivity" because you have none.

dan77733
12-05-2012, 11:12 PM
Also, Ginn should not be seeing any snaps whatsoever.

Fixed that for you bud. :p

abaddon41_80
12-06-2012, 05:56 AM
How is it a 8 yard curl when you can CLEARLY see Ginn is still running upfield as he passes the first down marker, right when CK reverses field? Both those routes on that side of the field were deeper routes, design to open up the other two routes underneath on the other side. If the blitz isn't on him, he has time to hit the deep in that probably comes open on from the slot, on the opposite side but HELLO, he has a CB untouched, bearing down on him. AGAIN, WTF ARE LOOKING AT? Do you even know what kind of coverage your seeing? What the hell is there to 'anticipate' about secondary route that hasn't even come open yet? Or maybe you want CK getting blasted as he's trying to unleash a high-risk throw, across the field. Seriously, your hate isn't even funny anymore. What do you mean it doesn't matter because he didn't get a first down? Do you hear yourself? He escaped what would have been a negative play and gained 8 yards. And no one said it was his best play of the game, the author clearly states those are plays Alex doesn't make and more than likely eats a sack like always. This is why its hard to take you seriously when you ***** and moan about your "objectivity" because you have none.

I think maybe we are looking at a different picture. Ginn is CLEARLY already stopping in the second image and Kaepernick should have thrown it right then. Ginn's route is open from the beginning of the play and becomes even more open by the time the second image is taken.

I don't hate CK and this isn't even about Alex Smith. Like I said, I think the majority of NFL QBs make that throw for the first down.

JordanTaber
12-06-2012, 11:34 AM
Wait, so because I have an avatar of Jerry Rice post-1995 means I'm clueless about NFL and it's history? Wow. Yeah, I guess I couldn't have just you know, liked the photo. :njx:

Seriously, that's like the shittest comeback ever dude. I hope you didn't lose too much sleep coming up with that one. If I had a picture of Joe Perry you would have been screwed. Also, you know you've lost leverage once you've resorted to using someone's avatar as ammo in your quest to be a jerk.

Dang, you really put me in my place. LOL post FAIL.

Seriously?

This coming from a guy who has no comeback other than silly little memes?

After all those years pretending to be "mature" on .com while Rexi destroyed you in every argument imaginable, preaching message board "manners," you have been reduced to a meme-posting cornball.

It makes me sick.

And the reason you "like" that picture is it triggers the only memories of Rice on the 49ers that you actually have. **** these Generation Z Niners fans, who cling to turds like Alex Smith at the expense of all logic and reason.

VAfy-ya
12-06-2012, 12:07 PM
I think maybe we are looking at a different picture. Ginn is CLEARLY already stopping in the second image and Kaepernick should have thrown it right then. Ginn's route is open from the beginning of the play and becomes even more open by the time the second image is taken.

I don't hate CK and this isn't even about Alex Smith. Like I said, I think the majority of NFL QBs make that throw for the first down.

Look at the 3rd still form the first play. Ginn is just about to come out of his break, right at the first down marker. Meanwhile, you can look in the backfield and see CK at that same instant pivot as he tries to escape the pressure from the QB blitz. So what pass are you expecting him to execute when like I said before, none of the routes have come open and he has a well timed CB blitz coming directly at him?

abaddon41_80
12-06-2012, 12:15 PM
Look at the 3rd still form the first play. Ginn is just about to come out of his break, right at the first down marker. Meanwhile, you can look in the backfield and see CK at that same instant pivot as he tries to escape the pressure from the QB blitz. So what pass are you expecting him to execute when like I said before, none of the routes have come open and he has a well timed CB blitz coming directly at him?

The point is that CK should have thrown the ball before Ginn comes out of his break, in the second frame. In the time it takes for the ball to travel Ginn will have turned around

VAfy-ya
12-06-2012, 01:20 PM
The point is that CK should have thrown the ball before Ginn comes out of his break, in the second frame. In the time it takes for the ball to travel Ginn will have turned around

Smh....no he shouldn't have. Do you not see Jenkins already in the backfield, running full speed at him, just mere steps away from CK in the second still as Ginn is still running? He tries that pass, he's going get hit as he throws and God knows what happens after that. It's very simple, the route that you want him to complete doesn't have time to come open in the split second he has to decide whether to make a risky throw or try to evade pressure. And he can't "anticipate" the throw earlier in his drop because it's a freaking 12 yard route, a marker throw so he has to wait for Ginn to get upfield, near the first down marker....you know to move the chains. It's a stick throw, not a timing route so its nothing to anticipate. He merely has to wait for Ginn to past the first down marker, which he can't do because of the blitz. That's why its called improvising. Why is this so hard for you to grasp?

Ness
12-06-2012, 01:25 PM
Seriously?

This coming from a guy who has no comeback other than silly little memes?

After all those years pretending to be "mature" on .com while Rexi destroyed you in every argument imaginable, preaching message board "manners," you have been reduced to a meme-posting cornball.

It makes me sick.

And the reason you "like" that picture is it triggers the only memories of Rice on the 49ers that you actually have. **** these Generation Z Niners fans, who cling to turds like Alex Smith at the expense of all logic and reason.

Oh yes, Rexi, the same guy who had the hots for Roderick Green and thought he would blow up in San Francisco and thinks Roger Craig will make the Hall of Fame. And hasn't Rexi been banned there before? We barely talked. Actually, I merely observed while most people on that board laughed at him. Please.

Ha, yes I do use memes like everyone else on the internet. Oh yeah, you don't use internet memes right? OMGZ SO MATURE.

http://nextlol.com/images/1809-watch-out-everyone.jpg

Yeah and you know me so well you know exactly why the reason I like the photo. I guess we'll all just take your word for it, because again, you know me so well. Keep riding the FAIL train. :njx:

Whoops I used a smiley icon. I'm sure that's another violation in your "holier than thou" internet guide book. Damn.

abaddon41_80
12-06-2012, 01:29 PM
Smh....no he shouldn't have. Do you not see Jenkins already in the backfield, running full speed at him, just mere steps away from CK in the second still as Ginn is still running? He tries that pass, he's going get hit as he throws and God knows what happens after that. It's very simple, the route that you want him to complete doesn't have time to come open in the split second he has to decide whether to make a risky throw or try to evade pressure. And he can't "anticipate" the throw earlier in his drop because it's a freaking 12 yard route, a marker throw so he has to wait for Ginn to get upfield, near the first down marker....you know to move the chains. It's a stick throw, not a timing route so its nothing to anticipate. He merely has to wait for Ginn to past the first down marker, which he can't do because of the blitz. That's why its called improvising. Why is this so hard for you to grasp?

He has time to tuck the ball, plant on his left foot, and spin backwards but not time to throw a pass? Please. It is not a 12-yard route at all, look where Ginn is by the third image. It is 3rd and 6 from the 29 and Ginn sets up at the 36. He throws that pass to Ginn at the second image and it is a first down, by the time the ball gets there Ginn is turned around. I don't understand why this is so hard for you to grasp.

VAfy-ya
12-06-2012, 03:08 PM
He has time to tuck the ball, plant on his left foot, and spin backwards but not time to throw a pass? Please. It is not a 12-yard route at all, look where Ginn is by the third image. It is 3rd and 6 from the 29 and Ginn sets up at the 36. He throws that pass to Ginn at the second image and it is a first down, by the time the ball gets there Ginn is turned around. I don't understand why this is so hard for you to grasp.

That's my mistake, I meant its 6 yard route, not 12 as its 3rd and 6, got my plays confused.

Plant his foot? He merely spins away as he got to end of his drop. Do you not see that Ginn is about 2 yards away from the first down marker in the second still? The same still in which you said he should have thrown the ball? So you want him to throw the ball to the 35 yard line anyway, while his WR is still running upfield to get there. Seriously? So you want the pass to hit Ginn in his helmet, just as he gets to the 35, and that's if it isn't intercepted by the CB who has his eyes in the backfield the whole time, ready to jump the stick throw because he knows the blitz is coming and where the marker is also?

That pass can not be made in real time. Your asking him to throw the ball to a guy who has to run 6 yards upfield, while a untouched blitzer from his blindside, is only about 4 yards away from him and a sack...do the math. Look at the distance Jenkins has to travel from his position pre-snap to where CK's drop ends up putting him(the 20 yard line). Now look in the second still, at how Ginn is still running, just past the 33 as he heads for the first down marker, while simultaneously Jenkins is crossing the 22 yard line and closing in on CK, who is at the 20. Also notice the position of the CB, as he has his eyes clearly in the back-field, looking at CK and ready to flip his hips and run if he indeed tries to unleash a stick throw. Now you see all this and come to the conclusion that he still should have throw it to Ginn? Really? No seriously....REALLY?

JordanTaber
12-06-2012, 03:32 PM
Oh yes, Rexi, the same guy who had the hots for Roderick Green and thought he would blow up in San Francisco

Why wouldn't he have liked Roderick Green? All Green did when given playing time was record sacks. He was the only one on the roster who got pressure. You'd have to have been an idiot not to have liked what he demonstrated in his little playing opportunity. Who knows what he could have done if the head coach wasn't a complete idiot (Nolan).

"This football team's a joke, and I'm the lead comedian/Two more sacks and I'm cutting Roderick Green again."

and thinks Roger Craig will make the Hall of Fame.

Rexi thinks he should make the Hall of Fame. When did he say he would?

He probably won't, but he's a semifinalist again this year and should make it. Of course, you don't actually know why. You never saw him play.

And hasn't Rexi been banned there before? We barely talked. Actually, I merely observed while most people on that board laughed at him. Please.

Many intelligent people have been banned from 49ers.com. That place is run by imbecilic twats like BJones84. That forum has been a joke since the days NinerJan and Finer9er ran the place.

Ha, yes I do use memes like everyone else on the internet. Oh yeah, you don't use internet memes right? OMGZ SO MATURE.

Memes are so cool and funny.

It's my dream in life to come up with a funny meme. I like when everyone posts random pictures with random funny captions on it.

I want to post a random picture with a random caption. Something random and wacky like a donkey or a pony saying "**** YOU." Or maybe a picture of a goat saying "I'M ***." Hopefully it catches on, becomes a meme, then I can finally masturbate myself to sleep.

Yeah and you know me so well you know exactly why the reason I like the photo. I guess we'll all just take your word for it, because again, you know me so well. Keep riding the FAIL train. :njx:

Fail train? When does this "fail train" depart, and from where? If it's traveling east at 90 miles per hour, how long before it collides with yours, as it's about to leave the station when you're masturbating to a picture Alex Smith in a 2007 49ers uniform?

What possible other reason could you have for liking the photo? It's a picture of Rice with his back turned. There's nothing to see in that image other than Rice's jersey and helmet, from the ****** post-1995 uniform era. He's not running a route, he's not catching a pass, he's not celebrating a touchdown. He's just walking. Out of all the Rice images on Google, you chose a modern Rice picture from when he was a shell of his former self.

Whoops I used a smiley icon. I'm sure that's another violation in your "holier than thou" internet guide book. Damn.

Weren't you the one who tried writing the book? "Rexi doesn't have any manners, he keeps calling us idiotzzz."

Ness
12-06-2012, 04:01 PM
Why wouldn't he have liked Roderick Green? All Green did when given playing time was record sacks. He was the only one on the roster who got pressure. You'd have to have been an idiot not to have liked what he demonstrated in his little playing opportunity. Who knows what he could have done if the head coach wasn't a complete idiot (Nolan).

"This football team's a joke, and I'm the lead comedian/Two more sacks and I'm cutting Roderick Green again."

And who else picked up Roderick Green when he was done as a 49er and Raven? Nobody. Actually what did he do in Baltimore? Nothing. That's like saying Nate Davis was the future and got a raw deal and was a special player even though no one else picked him up.

Rexi thinks he should make the Hall of Fame. When did he say he would?

He probably won't, but he's a semifinalist again this year and should make it. Of course, you don't actually know why. You never saw him play.

Please. Let's not mince words. It was an implication that he'll make the Hall of Fame. Whether you want to say Rexi said "should" or not, the basic point is that he isn't getting in. Yup, and I never saw Roger Craig play. Can't revisit any full broadcasted 49ers game from the past in this day and age. I guess modern day historians don't know what they were talking about regarding the Civil War because they weren't actually alive at the time the even happened. Nope. :njx:

Many intelligent people have been banned from 49ers.com. That place is run by imbecilic twats like BJones84. That forum has been a joke since the days NinerJan and Finer9er ran the place.

Yet you folks have posted there for years. What's worse the fool or the fool who follows the fool? Let's not forget a lot of knuckleheads have also seen the boot from that place. Really, it's not hard to even get banned from that forum. All you have to do is not break the simple rules. I'd go as far to say that even if you don't like the place, you'd have to be a dumbass to get kicked out.

Memes are so cool and funny.

It's my dream in life to come up with a funny meme. I like when everyone posts random pictures with random funny captions on it.

I want to post a random picture with a random caption. Something random and wacky like a donkey or a pony saying "**** YOU." Or maybe a picture of a goat saying "I'M ***." Hopefully it catches on, becomes a meme, then I can finally masturbate myself to sleep.

Well hey whatever rocks your boat. Just don't hurt yourself in the process. We wouldn't want that, and I'm sure Terrell Owens wouldn't want that either. LOLZ.

Fail train? When does this "fail train" depart, and from where? If it's traveling east at 90 miles per hour, how long before it collides with yours, as it's about to leave the station when you're masturbating to a picture Alex Smith in a 2007 49ers uniform?

I've actually never boarded that said train. Word on the street is that you have a year round pass though.

What possible other reason could you have for liking the photo? It's a picture of Rice with his back turned. There's nothing to see in that image other than Rice's jersey and helmet, from the ****** post-1995 uniform era. He's not running a route, he's not catching a pass, he's not celebrating a touchdown. He's just walking. Out of all the Rice images on Google, you chose a modern Rice picture from when he was a shell of his former self.

Has to do with aesthetics. Wouldn't expect you to understand though. Hell, I got a positive rep comment the other day from someone here who also liked the photo. Someone who wasn't a 49ers fan. Thought it was cool. But since it's post-1995 and it's only Jerry Rice standing it couldn't possible have any personal merit to anyone and if it does that means they don't know anything about football and especially 49ers football history...all because of a photo taken by a 49ers player at a certain point in time. Wow can you also not enjoy a film if there aren't explosions and high flying stunts in it too? Damn, well your reasoning certainly wasn't a reach. My goodness, I've seen Inspector Gadget theorize better issues. :njx:

Weren't you the one who tried writing the book? "Rexi doesn't have any manners, he keeps calling us idiotzzz."

Nooooooooooopppppppppppppeeeeeeeee.

JordanTaber
12-06-2012, 06:43 PM
And who else picked up Roderick Green when he was done as a 49er and Raven? Nobody. Actually what did he do in Baltimore? Nothing. That's like saying Nate Davis was the future and got a raw deal and was a special player even though no one else picked him up.

Horrible logic. Nobody picked up Green because nobody knew much about him. Nobody picked up Kurt Warner for years, either, and nobody would have ever given a rat's ass about him if it hadn't been for Trent Green's knee injury in preseason of 1999. The Rams had actually left Warner unprotected for the Browns' expansion draft earlier that year.

Green got little playing time, but he was impressive whenever he saw the field. Fans saw that. But Nolan's an idiot.

I can assure you, there were great players who never got the chance to show what they could do in the NFL. Coaches/scouts/personnel guys are not infallible.

Please. Let's not mince words. It was an implication that he'll make the Hall of Fame. Whether you want to say Rexi said "should" or not, the basic point is that he isn't getting in. Yup, and I never saw Roger Craig play. Can't revisit any full broadcasted 49ers game from the past in this day and age. I guess modern day historians don't know what they were talking about regarding the Civil War because they weren't actually alive at the time the even happened. Nope. :njx:

It's quite clear you haven't. That's the point. Rexi supports Craig for the HOF, as do I. If you don't, you're probably a clueless idiot.

Yet you folks have posted there for years. What's worse the fool or the fool who follows the fool? Let's not forget a lot of knuckleheads have also seen the boot from that place. Really, it's not hard to even get banned from that forum. All you have to do is not break the simple rules. I'd go as far to say that even if you don't like the place, you'd have to be a dumbass to get kicked out.

Try, "haven't posted there in years." Well, Rexi stops by on occasion to amuse himself. I haven't been there in at least a couple years. I used to drop by to back him up against the idiots over there.

Yeah, tell that to all the members of 49ersnews who were banned on .com for the stupidest things. The poster, "crim," was banned for calling Jeremy Shockey a "homophobic piece of ****."

Well hey whatever rocks your boat. Just don't hurt yourself in the process. We wouldn't want that, and I'm sure Terrell Owens wouldn't want that either. LOLZ.

Taking sarcasm seriously...yeesh.

I've actually never boarded that said train. Word on the street is that you have a year round pass though.

Another cringe-worthy attempt at a comeback. Why would my train be leaving the station while I'm masturbating to Alex Smith? I'm not an Alex Smith fanboy. I don't masturbate to Alex Smith. You are. You do.

See, it doesn't even make sense. Try harder.

Has to do with aesthetics. Wouldn't expect you to understand though. Hell, I got a positive rep comment the other day from someone here who also liked the photo. Someone who wasn't a 49ers fan. Thought it was cool. But since it's post-1995 and it's only Jerry Rice standing it couldn't possible have any personal merit to anyone and if it does that means they don't know anything about football and especially 49ers football history...all because of a photo taken by a 49ers player at a certain point in time. Wow can you also not enjoy a film if there aren't explosions and high flying stunts in it too? Damn, well your reasoning certainly wasn't a reach. My goodness, I've seen Inspector Gadget theorize better issues. :njx:

You don't even prefer the uniform aesthetics. You said yourself you prefer the 76-95 (excluding most of 94) design:

I was watching the 1990 regular season meeting of the 49ers at New Orleans the other night. Our old uniforms look so much better. As a matter of fact, so did New Orleans. I'm happy of the homage to the classic look with today's design, but every NFL jersey seems to have this unnecessary sleek look with thin, graceful seams added. Like a Dark Knight feel to make it more military-influenced as it can be for an NFL jersey. I'm not sure if it's the specific coloring that Wilson and Champion used for the uniforms, but they were great. Same with the helmets. The gold looked a lot better too. Weird.

So now standing there doing absolutely nothing in a lame modern-styled uniform is aesthetically pleasing? Oh wait, I think his arms are out from his sides a little bit. Oh my God, what a great picture. I must just have no appreciation for such works of art as that.

:njx:

Nooooooooooopppppppppppppeeeeeeeee.

Yeeeeeesssssss. That was you. You were the "manners" loser on .com. While Rexi (and occasionally I) were busy arguing actual points with idiots, you were busy criticizing our "manners." You were the self-proclaimed internet etiquette expert, not me.

By the way, there's a post waiting for you on the NFL forum in the Terrell Owens/Seahawks thread, which I bumped from before. Good luck. You're going to need it.

Ness
12-07-2012, 02:13 AM
Oy, it's like talking to a brick wall. Common sense be damned LOL.

http://i.minus.com/ibzmrh1oVcjvbZ.gif

Doesn't matter. Another goon to the ignore list. Hilarious the lengths people go to feel good about themselves on the internet. Most likely because their life in reality is a failure. The part about aesthetics was especially hilarious because it was so easy to understand the concept of liking something subjective, at least for most. As was the claimed "Alex Smith fanboy" idea as I've implied that I've supported both quarterbacks and criticized both quarterbacks when need be. Meh, whatever.

Borat
12-07-2012, 11:36 AM
Jordan and everyone else, this place is a haven for us that grew tired of the .com BS. Please don't drag it down with personal attacks and other bile. Make any argument you want, justified or not. Just keep it to Niner stuff and attack the argument, not the poster. Or you guys can blast eachother through PMs. I don't really care, just keep that junk off the boards. Thanks in advance.

Menardo75
12-07-2012, 01:52 PM
Jordan and everyone else, this place is a haven for us that grew tired of the .com BS. Please don't drag it down with personal attacks and other bile. Make any argument you want, justified or not. Just keep it to Niner stuff and attack the argument, not the poster. Or you guys can blast eachother through PMs. I don't really care, just keep that junk off the boards. Thanks in advance.

Borat have my children

Borat
12-07-2012, 02:06 PM
I can't. I'm a man. You may harvest some of my semen if you'd like.

Menardo75
12-07-2012, 03:00 PM
I can't. I'm a man. You may harvest some of my semen if you'd like.

Don't threaten me with a good time.

Ness
12-07-2012, 04:12 PM

Won't be a problem anymore. At least on my end. JordanTaber is essentially a ghost now.

JordanTaber
12-07-2012, 07:48 PM
EDIT: see above.

Ness
12-07-2012, 08:46 PM
Now that civil order has been restored, it should be interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out. On media outlets I'm already hearing talk of the Seahawks running the table and stealing this division from the 49ers. I think this plays right into the 49ers hands. In recent history they seem to really bring it when their backs are against the wall. I'm guessing we beat the Dolphins. As for New England, who knows. If the 49ers go 1-1 and the Seahawks go 2-0 the division crown will essentially be decided in Seattle, and that would suck. I feel better about the 49ers chances in New England than in Seattle. That Rams game last weekend really screwed us over.

Oh and some other news. Manningham likely out for Sunday, but Jenkins make his debut:

SANTA CLARA -- Receiver Mario Manningham is expected to be sidelined for the 49ers' game Sunday against the Miami Dolphins with a right shoulder injury.

Manningham left the 49ers' game against the St. Louis Rams with the injury. He did not participate in any practices this week.

With Kyle Williams already out for the season with a knee injury and Manningham unavailable, it should open the door for first-round draft pick A.J. Jenkins to make his 49ers debut.

"I've seen progress from A.J.," 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said. "He's been on his assignments. He's executed well when he's been out there. He's giving great effort, and football rewards effort."

Jenkins has suited up for just two games this season but has yet to play. Michael Crabtree, Randy Moss, Ted Ginn and Jenkins are the 49ers’ only healthy receivers for Sunday’s game.

Manningham is the 49ers' second-leading receiver with 41 catches for 449 yards and one touchdown.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/manningham-doubtful-jenkins-debut-expected

Ness
12-07-2012, 09:12 PM
And Goldson has to pay a fine for that ridiculous tap on Bradford who slid to the ground.

The NFL on Friday announced Goldson was fined $7,875 for unnecessary roughness.

The penalty might have also cost the 49ers a victory, too.

Goldson was penalized 15 yards for hitting Bradford as he was sliding late in the fourth quarter of Sunday's game. The penalty helped the Rams get into field-goal range for Greg Zuerlein's 53-yard field goal to send the game into overtime. The Rams won 16-13 in overtime.

Goldson was fined $7,875 earlier this season for taunting Seattle running back Marshawn Lynch. Last year, Goldson was fined $25,000 and ejected from a game for fighting with Arizona wide receiver Early Doucet.

Also, 49ers linebacker NaVorro Bowman was fined $10,000 for unnecessary roughness on the second play of the game for kicking right guard Harvey Dahl after Dahl knocked down Bowman after the whistle.

Rams defensive end Robert Quinn was not fined for a roughing-the-passer penalty on Colin Kaepernick in the fourth quarter.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/goldson-pays-dearly-unnecessary-roughness