PDA

View Full Version : 1st Round

Yung Flippa
04-01-2007, 08:47 PM
Who do you think we will pick, assuming nobody will drop to us?

Opitons:
Levi Brown, OT, Penn St.

Joe Staley, OT, Central Michigan

David Harris, ILB, Michigan

Jon Beason, OLB, Miami

Aaron Ross, CB, Texas

Chris Houston, CB, Arkansas

Jarvis Moss, DE/OLB, Florida

Anthony Spencer, DE/OLB, Purdue

Tank Tyler, DT, NC State

Trade Down

go_ravens94
04-01-2007, 08:54 PM
Moss. Brown is my #2, followed by Harris and Staley.

Ravens1991
04-01-2007, 09:09 PM
Levi Brown but he won't be at our pick.

niel89
04-01-2007, 09:27 PM
Levi Brown if he were there

EdReedUnstoppable
04-01-2007, 10:59 PM
Well since Levi Brown wont be there, Joe Staley.

America
04-01-2007, 11:09 PM
I'd be surprised if half those guys were there.

Yung Flippa
04-01-2007, 11:20 PM
I'd be surprised if half those guys were there.

The only guys that are a reach are Chris Houston, Levi Brown & Jarvis Moss
(maybe Aaron Ross)

ChefMike
04-01-2007, 11:25 PM
Would love to see Levi Brown be there... but reailty tells that he wont being there is not another OT grading as high... he will get selected higher becuse of it..

cunningham06
04-01-2007, 11:29 PM
The only guys that are a reach are Chris Houston, Levi Brown & Jarvis Moss
(maybe Aaron Ross)

Those guys would be fantastic value if they were available for the Ravens in round one.

Just a question, I've heard some Ravens fans say that they wouldn't mind taking Tank Tyler in the first round. If he were to be the Ravens first round pick, would that make it more probable for the Ravens to play a primarily 4-3 defense? What would be his long-term plan, to replace Kelly Gregg?

bennybee38
04-02-2007, 05:25 AM
1. Staley
2. Levi Brown
3. Tank Tyler

BigDawg819
04-02-2007, 11:40 AM
The Joe Staley express bandwagon has already made its stop here and has basically won the poll. Next stop the actual draft!

dcarey20
04-02-2007, 08:40 PM
Tank Tyler and Joe Staley are the 2 picks on that list that are most realistic and my favorite picks. One guy that I also like who you forgot about is Charles Johnson.

EdReedUnstoppable
04-02-2007, 08:43 PM
I dont want Tank Tyler, but Staley is a must IMO.

America
04-02-2007, 09:39 PM
Tank Tyler and Joe Staley are the 2 picks on that list that are most realistic and my favorite picks. One guy that I also like who you forgot about is Charles Johnson.

Nice, Love Charles Johnson.

Raven Domination
04-04-2007, 12:26 PM
Justin Blaylock.

go_ravens94
04-04-2007, 06:17 PM
Justin Blaylock.

Never in a billion years.

Raven Domination
04-05-2007, 01:28 AM
Never in a billion years.

Why do you say that?

leoobeid32
04-07-2007, 12:39 AM
LAMARR WOODLEY!!?!?!?
probably not a 1st rounder. but, Joe staley is my pick. Also, if in the second round Lamarr/Quentin Moses are gone, i think we take MCcauley. i hope we do, hes GB minus injury.

America
04-07-2007, 12:42 AM
I wish we could somehow trade down and get Charles Johnson in the high 2nd, and then get Tank Tyler with a mid 2nd. That would be awesome, but it wont happen.

go_ravens94
04-07-2007, 10:41 AM
Joe Staley is the winner.

ChewyRaven318
04-07-2007, 05:33 PM
I'd LOVE Staley, but he'll probably be gone, and Levi will be long gone.

Anthony Spencer is my favorite, since he'd be perfect in our D.

ChefMike
04-10-2007, 02:34 PM
I am thinking that Blaylock is a more versatile pick then any of the other OL prospects I know I know the wonderlic test is BS at best but you can't dismiss it completely BS is BS so even if you are able to play to the test it shows a certain amount of intelligence and with the complexity of blocking schemes in the NFL these days having a smart and monsterous sized guard or tackle is an asset

Ravens1991
04-10-2007, 02:47 PM
I like Grubbs if we go interior line

SeanTaylorRIP
04-11-2007, 01:51 PM
Maybe TedGinn might drop to us with apparently shocking 40 times of 4.45 and 4.49 and looking terrible in positional drills, to be honest I don't like him much and I have him behind CJ, Meachem, Bowe, and Jarrett.

BigDawg819
04-11-2007, 11:33 PM
Mel Kiper had Ryan Kahlil has our pick on the ticker today so that's intriguing to say the least.

ChefMike
04-12-2007, 12:07 AM
Maybe TedGinn might drop to us with apparently shocking 40 times of 4.45 and 4.49 and looking terrible in positional drills, to be honest I don't like him much and I have him behind CJ, Meachem, Bowe, and Jarrett.

I have mentioned him in a couple of posts. I think Ginn would be a great fit here...he could be the PR/KR and back up WR it would give him a a year or 2 to play 2nd fiddle and be able to hone his craft and learn to run better routes and not just be a guy with a lot of speed much like an Ashley Lelie or a Troy Williamson.

go_ravens94
04-12-2007, 11:25 AM
I have mentioned him in a couple of posts. I think Ginn would be a great fit here...he could be the PR/KR and back up WR it would give him a a year or 2 to play 2nd fiddle and be able to hone his craft and learn to run better routes and not just be a guy with a lot of speed much like an Ashley Lelie or a Troy Williamson.

Have you forgotten about BJ SAMS!

Also, I'd rather have Jarrett, Meachem, or Bowe.

EDIT: This was my 500th post

BigDawg819
04-12-2007, 01:28 PM
Have you forgotten about BJ SAMS!

Also, I'd rather have Jarrett, Meachem, or Bowe.

BJ is coming off injuries and to my knowledge his 2nd DUI charge may still be pending and so with this new personal conduct policy who knows what could happen.

SeanTaylorRIP
04-12-2007, 01:45 PM
I really think Garrett Wolfe is the next Dante Hall, and dynamite kick/punt returner and a 4th-5th receiver on the depth chart.

go_ravens94
04-12-2007, 01:51 PM
I really think Garrett Wolfe is the next Dante Hall, and dynamite kick/punt returner and a 4th-5th receiver on the depth chart.

Wolfe is an RB. Are you saying he would convert? I like him.

BigDawg819
04-12-2007, 03:28 PM
Wolfe is an RB. Are you saying he would convert? I like him.

With his lack of size I think WR would be a better position for him but his contributions would be mainly on special teams.

ChefMike
04-12-2007, 04:46 PM
BJ is coming off injuries and to my knowledge his 2nd DUI charge may still be pending and so with this new personal conduct policy who knows what could happen.

That was my thought... BJ is a good player.. but who know whats going to show up off the field and give the Team a bad rep...Ginn comes from a big program and is a good kid he know's how to play on a big stage already...

EdReedUnstoppable
04-12-2007, 05:10 PM

This is my thougths on Ginn also.

ChewyRaven318
04-12-2007, 06:04 PM
As far as KR goes, I think if Cory Ross is worked with in the offseason, he could be a lot more improved for opening day. The problem with him last year was he wasn't even on the depth chart at KR/PR til after Sams injury. Clayton was 2nd string, I believe, with Corey Ivy at 3rd. If he actually is given time to work on it, he may be better..or at least well enough til Sams returns.

ChefMike
04-13-2007, 02:39 PM
Recent reports on CNNSI.COM have Joe Staley moving up as high as the Falcons in the 1st rd... Ted Ginn and Anthony Gonzalez are all dropping for various reasons.. could leave us a host of people in the 1st rd at #29...

go_ravens94
04-13-2007, 04:55 PM
Recent reports on CNNSI.COM have Joe Staley moving up as high as the Falcons in the 1st rd... Ted Ginn and Anthony Gonzalez are all dropping for various reasons.. could leave us a host of people in the 1st rd at #29...

Interesting, and we go for quality at the Ravens organization. BPA, right?

ChefMike
04-13-2007, 05:19 PM
Interesting, and we go for quality at the Ravens organization. BPA, right?

Of course ... What are you saying that because they are dropping from the top of rd 1 that at the end of rd 1 they should not be looked at ?

If I do remember T-Sizzle was dropping heavily the year we took him because of unsure of a true position for him much the same Ted Ginn Jr seems to not be a true WR...

EdReedUnstoppable
04-13-2007, 11:18 PM
If Staley is gone by #29 on draft day, then I would love nothing more than to see Ted Ginn Jr.'s name flash on the screen when we pick, Id be happy as all hell!!

BigDawg819
04-13-2007, 11:58 PM
As far as KR goes, I think if Cory Ross is worked with in the offseason, he could be a lot more improved for opening day. The problem with him last year was he wasn't even on the depth chart at KR/PR til after Sams injury. Clayton was 2nd string, I believe, with Corey Ivy at 3rd. If he actually is given time to work on it, he may be better..or at least well enough til Sams returns.

The only thing I see wrong with your analysis is that everyone knew that Cory Ross was kept on the team as a special teamer especially with his lack of size. Cory had a chance to establish himself last year and for the most part did not do that. I see him getting a look in training camp but with the rookie class coming in it will not be a huge shock when he gets cut.

BigDawg819
04-14-2007, 12:04 AM
Of course ... What are you saying that because they are dropping from the top of rd 1 that at the end of rd 1 they should not be looked at ?

If I do remember T-Sizzle was dropping heavily the year we took him because of unsure of a true position for him much the same Ted Ginn Jr seems to not be a true WR...

Sizzle had a known position, he was projected as a defensive lineman and prior to the draft added roughly 20 pounds to bulk up to play said position. Due to the weight increase he ran a slower then expected 40 time and teams subsequently passed on him because of it. Ozzie has said numerous times over the years that if you watched game tape of Sizzle you would see what you were getting, a guy who had 24 sacks in the PAC-10 which included the number 1 pick of that draft Carson Palmer. Suggs falling to us was the "bungling" of other teams during the draft because if you recall we were pulling the trigger on a trade with the Vikings to draft Leftwich but that was thwarted due to said Vikings running out of clock. Ginn will be a wide out in the NFL, Ohio State has had success at the position and Ginn will/should be the next in line. With that he may not be able to be a 2 coming out of the draft but if he falls to someone late in Round 1 he will perform admirably in a 3 or 4 spot.

go_ravens94
04-14-2007, 09:42 AM
If Staley is gone by #29 on draft day, then I would love nothing more than to see Ted Ginn Jr.'s name flash on the screen when we pick, Id be happy as all hell!!

Unless Moss is on the board. However Ginn would be nice, I just think he'll bust.

ChefMike
04-16-2007, 01:40 AM
Ginn is not going to be Jerry Rice or anything but I could see him in the mold of someone like Donald Driver or poor mans Torry Holt. Its going to take sometime remember he came to OSU as a CB / Ret Man not as a WR he moved there late during training camp his Freshman year... so he really has only been playing that for 2 years.. so playing behind a vet like Mason and returning kicks for the Ravens would give him some more experience in route running and utilizing his game breaking speed...

Now wouldnt you rather have Ted Ginn Jr returning kicks and punts then Cory Ivey ? Or have someone on the Team that isnt going to have the off the field issues that BJ Sams has ? I know I would...

niel89
04-16-2007, 02:49 AM
Now wouldnt you rather have Ted Ginn Jr returning kicks and punts then Cory Ivey ? Or have someone on the Team that isnt going to have the off the field issues that BJ Sams has ? I know I would...

id take sams. he is a damn fine returner.

i dont really like Ginn, some thing about him to me just says he will not translate into a NFL WR that well.

BigDawg819
04-16-2007, 01:43 PM
id take sams. he is a damn fine returner.

i dont really like Ginn, some thing about him to me just says he will not translate into a NFL WR that well.

That Ginn is no Clarence Moore so I think we have to pass...

ChefMike
04-16-2007, 08:13 PM
Well one of the Teams that would have selected reciever in the 1st the Chiefs just got a shot in the arm with Will Shields retiring... Looks like they will go OL in the 1st...putting us again just another notch down on the need an OL list...Blaylock could end up there or Staley or Levi Brown... I still think that Ted Ginn will fall and we might be able to pick him up late in the 1st... his 40 time has hurt him..